The Legend Reborn Turns Ten

Hapori Tohu

On September 15th, 2009, Bionicle seemed like it was still chugging along, and the fourth film in the franchise, The Legend Reborn, was released. It's still weird to look back and think that Worf from Star Trek became Mata Nui! Share your thoughts on the film and the ten year anniversary in the Talkback.

View the full article

Man this was kinda the last big Bionicle thing to happen, wasn't it? So this is probably the last real 10th anniversary we'll celebrate. Now to start the cycle anew with 20th anniversary celebrations...

As for the movie itself, I remember it being okay, but hotly debated at the time. It's hard for me to really hold opinion on it at this point, given how long it's been since I've seen it. I just know that scene where all the scarabax beetles form into a giant Malum was so weird.

I remember buying the movie on its release date that day and then watching it on that same day. It was awesome and fun to watch. A lot of talking and more talking than action, there are some silly animation stuff, the stiff was a little weird, not all 2009 storyline characters appeared there, a little less serious than the first three movies in 2003-2005, and there's that silly cliffhanger, but good movie. I like that the characters look almost exactly like the sets, and they have actual mouths with teeth. It was interesting to see Mata Nui learning on how to become a heroic warrior rather than just a former ruler. Michael Dorn rocked as Mata Nui. I love the parts with the Skopio fight, Tuma fight, and the Glatorian and Mata Nui combining their powers to defeat the united evil army. I like the short called Metus' Revenge as well. 

It's too bad that it never got the sequels that we were promised with because they were cancelled due to Bionicle being cancelled in 2010. Harsh.:( 

We should do something celebrate this, guys. I mean, this is a big thing.:) 

The movie remind me of myself when I moved from a school that I graduated in early 2009 to a new school in late 2009 because I always miss my friends from my previous school, but I made some new friends in the new school. It's sad because my life has changed, but I kind of got used to it. 

We really should have another movie like The Legend Reborn, either another direct-to-video movie that can finish up the G1 story or a theatrical movie. I mean, I miss having new Bionicle movies. We are in a world of nothingness without Bionicle, I say. Seriously.:(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)