LEGO Shares Cryptic Video in Tweet

Hapori Tohu

LEGO shared a very odd tweet earlier today that says, "Coming Soon." The video shows someone with a life-size LEGO bow-and-arrow, what appear to be Fabuland characters drinking out of life-size LEGO cups, and an interesting collection of other LEGO characters (including Mia from Friends?) with more life-size accessories. Your guess is as good as mine as to what it's for - let's hear your ideas in the Talkback!

View the full article

I seriously have no idea what's going on. They're probably trying to tease a game or something, but what kinda game? Couldn't be a console game because we have Skywalker Saga in the works (and I'm very hyped for that game). I'm a little more sure it could be a VR-type mobile game considering LEGO has tons of apps/games available for mobile, but the life-sized accessories seem a little excessive for a tie-in. Looking at the accessories and Mia from Friends, maybe it's a costuming/cosplay venture, but it's the realistic lion heads that get me. And then why is there a life-sized yellow inflatable raft flying in the sky?! If this means it's another MMO or something, I have my doubts about how that will turn out.

I'm tellin' you, this is gonna be one of those videos where I don't get it at all and once LEGO finally explains it with the big reveal, it's gonna be super obvious and I'll feel like a chump for missing it.

mindeth the cobwebs

Going off the super obvious reveal idea in the post above, I feel like maybe it relates to something we just don't really care about and it's already super obvious to anyone who actually does? I have no idea what that might be though. Maybe something related to the LEGO life app? I don't really know what all is on that app, but it could make sense given they've been experimenting with augmented reality with Hidden Side.

I also have to say the idea of life sized LEGO parts reminded me of the Barraki squid pool toys. Man, those sure were a thing. ...And now that I'm thinking about Bionicle water products, I'm remembering the Morbuzakh sponge...