Why Do You Still Hang Around?

Sybre

This site, and the people on it, were hugely influential on my development as a person. I come back every couple months because it feels like coming home in some ways. Plus, the site has this vague, hard-to-describe, "Old internet" feel that I don't really see anywhere anymore...I like it.

Plus the people are still cool. It's interesting to see a username pop up here that I remember from 10 years ago.

• Like 6

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2019 at 6:04 PM, Tyler Durden said:

I can't stress enough that the BZPRPG and the RPG forums (BRPG and the criminally unloved crew at OTC) are the most important part of this website to me. Put aside the fact that we're the most prolific posters on the site by a gigantic margin, just the bonds the community has formed within itself over the last decade (or two, in some cases!!) are more than enough reason to keep dragging me back here even though the forums are hardly at the most lively they'll ever been.

I would hazard an disagreement here - the only active RPG here seems to be Six Kingdoms: Escapement. The BZPRPG is now currently dead. 

As for why I'm here, it's to convince people to leave. Bionicle is dead, constraction is dead, and everyone's sitting around licking their wounds. Time to bail. Unless Faber can revive it with his far-fetched pet project. That's why I'm still here, to answer the question for myself: Is Bionicle truly dead? Is there truly no hope? I have my suspicions that the answer to that question is yes and that we are all sitting around in denial, but if there is any life left in this lumbering giant robot, I'm here to know. 

Edited by 1womanarmy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too am here for the RP stuff.  Came to check on the BZPRPG and maybe finally make a post that I'd been meaning to do for, like, literally half a decade at this point.  Stayed because one of the guys decided to start a Halo RP and it sounded like fun.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just got my account back after losing access for four years, but I originally joined for an art contest and stuck around for social interaction/friends and the games in CoT. I was homeschooled and too sick for friends in real life, so Bzpower was awesome in this sitution.  For the same sort of reasons I came back recently, as the current shutdown has closed all social outlets. So I suppose I'm basically sticking around for CoT games and pretend social interaction. :spinsmile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

• 1 month later...

I'll have been here...18 years this year, I think? (I'm almost a BZP adult!) Old habits die hard, I guess.

It's hard to let something go, even this far on, when it had such a profound influence on me when I was growing up. I was on this site while Bionicle was running through all my teenage years and this was my main hub of internet activity for much of it. And being a reclusive introvert who likes gaming, shiny spaceships and playing with LEGO, that was a fair chunk of my time.

Maybe I'll leave for good one day. But as long as this place is here, I'll probably keep poking my head in from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

• 4 weeks later...

for me; to help people out! to let them know there is still hope! to let them know there is a guardian angel watching over them! as a Christian i strive for positivity, love, kindness and turning people away from the dark and into the light! my intention is to inspire people and be someone who people could look up to! if anyone is going through tough times and need a shoulder to cry on i'm willing to listen and offer the best possible advice i can give! i have a very positive outlook on things and i believe there's hope for everyone! don't think ov me as some kind ov savior or whatever! i'm just trying to be the best i can be! and i'm happy to be! it's not easy being an Autistic Christian with many hopes and dreams! but i enjoy being alive and that's what matters! :) 

i'v been lurking around BZPower since i first discovered it during Bionicle G1's run, but i finally got an account in February 2014! and i'm still enjoying my time here no matter what negativity may appear i always have a smile on my face! :) so nostalgia comes into play as well! 

Edited by TheZOMBIEJ

• 2 years later...

Buying old sets and gauging the current audience.

• Like 1

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.

• 6 months later...

I wouldn’t say I hang around, as I’ve taken many long breaks since ~2010. Alas, I am always pulled back in by the rat gnawing at the back of my mind compelling me to keep playing text based RPGs

• Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."