Did Matoran always live in Dome Huts?

Ok as I'm getting ready to work on some Bionicle pixel art and sprites projects in the near future I have found myself with a puzzle, in MNOG 1 and 2 most Matoran homes are dome shaped and even in Mask of Light the Ta-Matoran in the attack on Ta-Koro were huddled up inside a dome hut. This got me thinking on is this common throughout the Matoran Universe as I can't recall Metru Nui having dome shaped buildings besides the Moto Hub and the Great Temple where the Toa Suva is.

Anyone else know of examples of Matoran homes? I think in MNOG 1 Vakama's chamber was within a building built out of the wall and was more boxy due to this with a classic "Stone Door Frame" like you'd see in the Flintstones. I think that they might move in another direction of Architecture on Sphereus Magna but really what are some good examples of nondome homes?

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

VNOG went with a sort of Survivor-looking aesthetic, more advanced than the huts, but most BIONICLE media has portrayed them as the huts you're describing. The Turaga's quarters are the only early example of non-domes I can think of. I know, in MNOG II, Nokama's hut was still a hut, it was just bigger and felt like a more luxurious space.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I would suggest consulting this BS01 page (https://biosector01.com/wiki/Matoran_Homes) and gallery (https://biosector01.com/wiki/Gallery:Matoran_Homes).

Essentially, they show that no, Matoran did not always live in dome-shaped huts. In fact, not even all Mata Nui Matoran do: the Le-Matoran huts are more honeycomb shaped, whereas the Ko-Matoran in MNOG live in blocky buildings and in MNOG2 their houses are carved within the walls of a larger structure (as are some of Ta-Koro's houses).

As for Metru Nui, the images we have are of the interiors and come from the Toa Metru Promo CDs. However, they do seem to suggest that at least in some Metru (namely Ko-Metru and Le-Metru) Matoran homes might well be apartments within block of flats.

As for Karda Nui, the comics show wooden houses with thatched roofs.

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

20 hours ago, Master Inika said:

VNOG went with a sort of Survivor-looking aesthetic, more advanced than the huts, but most BIONICLE media has portrayed them as the huts you're describing. The Turaga's quarters are the only early example of non-domes I can think of. I know, in MNOG II, Nokama's hut was still a hut, it was just bigger and felt like a more luxurious space.

I'm going to have to play through all the OG then Voya Nui is one I never ever got the chance to try when it was on the website, thank the stars that Biomedia is out there. I'll check em out, based off a crazy idea I has I think I can work this. The idea is inspired by Phantasy Star the first and second games, in the first many of the buildings (And remember Phantasy Star is a Sci-Fantasy game Tech and Magic are in harmony but the tech is advanced well beyond Earth concepts well by the standards of the 80s Sci-Fi terms) are blue dome shaped houses. In the second game it is more advanced and architecture has changed, though given that it is a RPG a city looks like a village but the building style still has a dome oddly it's at the top of the building now.

6 hours ago, Toa of Italy said:

I would suggest consulting this BS01 page (https://biosector01.com/wiki/Matoran_Homes) and gallery (https://biosector01.com/wiki/Gallery:Matoran_Homes).

Essentially, they show that no, Matoran did not always live in dome-shaped huts. In fact, not even all Mata Nui Matoran do: the Le-Matoran huts are more honeycomb shaped, whereas the Ko-Matoran in MNOG live in blocky buildings and in MNOG2 their houses are carved within the walls of a larger structure (as are some of Ta-Koro's houses).

As for Metru Nui, the images we have are of the interiors and come from the Toa Metru Promo CDs. However, they do seem to suggest that at least in some Metru (namely Ko-Metru and Le-Metru) Matoran homes might well be apartments within block of flats.

As for Karda Nui, the comics show wooden houses with thatched roofs.

Thank you for the key links there, I will look through them tomorrow as I am on my Wii U and Biosector loads oddly on here (Odd considering the other Bionicle Wiki out there the one with orange background has no trouble with its side bar getting in the way.) I completely forgot Le-Koro's tree top nature allowed for more verity since huts are more suited for tree habitation, what with having to place logs into the tree as a floor and foundation. I really need to play MNOG 2 all the way through, it's more RPG than MNOG which was a point and click adventure style (Thankfully without a goat puzzle) but I can explore most of the Island after I fix the bridge if I remember.

As for Metru Nui we get some interior designs in the Promos and if I remember the game about the Plant that was made by Teridax (Makuta Bones I can't remember how to spell that darn thing's name let alone pronounce it, Karzahni is easy the other not so) and the Vahki animations show some skyline and exterior shots for buildings, considering that Metru Nui is the hogh point of tech in the Matoran universe I could see building like Sim City's Archologies Buildings that are cities in themselves.

I'd say Agori and Glatoran would also follow the same kind of rules, The area dictates the style. The whole Bara Magna era villages were probably quite like the Pueblo buildings of the Native American tribes of the western deserts in the US, built into the very clif sides like Taijun or near the two giant trees in the Jungle village. Speaking of what kind of mega flora did Sphereus Magna have in its prehistory that they stand even to this day (And that is taking in account of the long life spans of the native Sentient races) petrified mega Redwoods sheesh!

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!