11 Years Later...where Are You Now?

Kan

Liked BIONICLE since 2001 and been here since 2003. Created this account in 2006. I was on the BS01 Mainsite Staff hired by Swert and Pekel, and then eventually the Wiki Staff. Moved my way up the BS01 ranks while I became a S&T Fact Team member. Retired from the staff and became a staffie here.

jlovfkk.jpg

I was a fan from the very beginning, but dropped off the radar from 2003ish until 2006, when I came back to BIONICLE. That's also when I first joined BZPower, after reading two or three comedies that really inspired me to start my own. Which was incredibly noobish, full of poor grammar and cliches, and was just generally bad. But I didn't give up. Just a few months ago, I began rewriting that new comedy on the new forums. Glancing at the original first chapter and the 6 years later remade chapter, I can definitely attest that my writing abilities have improved hugely. I've gotten better at writing comedies that are random and funny without being so random that it is just annoying, and I've been able to improve my spelling and grammar by a lot.On an unrelated note, I also ended up meeting one of my closest real-life friends through BZPower, then later finding out we were both attending the same college. Though she doesn't come online nearly as much as she used to, Toa Gabriella0111 as she's known here started out being a huge fan of my comedies, then we became friends after collaborating on a comedy, then met in real life. We're still friends today.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Well, I started lurking 2004-ish I think. I was into Bionicle since '01, but I didn't find this site until I saw someone mention it on the LMBs. (Hated those boards. So much... ugh) I didn't visit very often at first, but I kept coming back, more and more. Eventually I signed up in 2007. I prided myself on being a noob that actually used good grammar. I also thought 128x60 was big and did those copy-paste sig things, specifically the rap one ('Course, Nightmare Night kinda changed my opinion on rap but that's later).Changed my name within hours of joining for no reason whatsoever to Sonu-the Toa of White Fire, which didn't fit on my posts on the old layout, and became a regular on TBTTRAH after a flame war with MT. Found COT a while later, and the Halo topic (and by extension, Static, Zatth, Potu, Bunda, UK, and Arby). Started posting there regularly, along with some of the games. I posted some terrible MOCs, but quickly got better, although how much better is debatable. I started to drift away from BZP, really only posting in the Halo topic, and then the forums went down.I kept BZP as my homepage anyway for some reason; I guess I still missed it, even if I didn't post that much. I tried going to a few other forums, but they didn't have the size or the community that BZP had. I came back as soon as I heard the forums were back up (and once like a week earlier because UK fooled me <_<), and created the pony topic half an hour later as soon as I saw the number of pony avs here. Pony topic boomed, went Premier because I couldn't live without having a blog anymore (once again, UK), and here I am, much less sane than I used to. (I'll blame UK for that too.)

19704_s.gif

Been a fan of Bionicle since the beginning and was a fan of similar previous lines such as Slizers and Roboriders etc... Discovered BZPower through thr Lego.com message boards funnily enough and joined here about eight years ago now I think to ask Greg questions. :P Learnt a lot on this site, from computer and writing skils, to gaining interests in science and physics. I also felt very attatched to much of the community which was very welcoming and whatnot and even met a few members in real life at various points. A while ago I had to move away from the site though due to real life and all as well as gaining other interests in place of Bionicle which had ended. Now I'm just about to start university next week (studying physics and maths and stuff though don't know what to do entirely) and still come online here and there to see what's new. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Oh, my. This topic has me wet at the eyes. I joined this site nearly nine years ago, and since then it's been fantastic. I was reasonably active for years, but it wasn't until about four or five years ago, when I discovered the BZPRPG, that I really became a diehard member. Since being that ten-year-old kid with a Bionicle obsession, I'm now an eighteen-year-old with...yeah, same obsession. This community has been a huge part of my life, and I'm glad to be a part of it. :)

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

Well, BIONICLE entered my life since it started. I was 5 at that time and didn't know anything about its story or about English ( and now just watch where I got... getting every time a 9 grade on 10 - so that means about... A- ? -, and being one of the best in my class in English! ). I've grown and learned so much, I've put on glasses ( awww... ), I've read lots of books, then finally found BZP, perhaps the only "social network" I'll visit in my entire life, 'coz I'm very lazy and I cannot follow, in the same time, school, sport, BZP, playing ( Xbox or MOCing, basically ), books and hangin' out with friends. I cannot handle all of them, hope BZP's friends understand this, especially for birthdays... ( btw, I can't remember my real time friends' ones, so... ). Summing up, LEGO and BIONICLE built my entire life, in the past, present and future.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

I came here later on, but i started on Bionicle in 2001. First ever one was Tahu Mata. I got hooked.11 years later, i still have a box of bionicle bits to make stuff withI even speak matoran (to an extent. its not the most indepth language) and read it quite well. I actually find it hard to code in Java Script with out the Matoran Font.

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Me, more mature i guess, not into lego magazines anymore since they stopped with bionicle, looking back at nostaglia stuff, finding out new things like anime, new games like StarFox, improving my art skills, and thinking abot making a bionicle comic that covers all of the bionicle story from 2001 to 2010, maybe a fanfiction to what comes after.

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Eleven years ago, I was at Disneyland with my dad, already sorta kinda into System Lego but when we visited the Lego Store it was Pohatu that caught my eye. Upon discovering the Bionicle website I used to play the MNOLGs for hours on end, and being immersed in that world at the impressionable young age of six and seven really inspired me to be more creative. I was kind of disconnected from the storyline starting in 2004, but that all changed in late 2005, when the Piraka were just on the horizon- back then I thought we would be venturing further into the past to explore the Toa Hagah's backstory, so imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon BZP and discovered that we'd be seeing more of the Toa Nuva, the ones that started it all.I lurked here for quite awhile, amazed by just how little I actually knew about the storyline and trying desperately to catch up on what had transpired over the last few years. Naturally I spent a lot of time reading the Greg F Discussion topic back then, but never joined until much later. A good friend of mine, who was probably a bigger fan than me in those days, signed up in 2007 and occassionally let me borrow the account to contribute to discussions and our first attempt at a comedy, which we thought was absolutely hilarious back then but was actually pretty mediocre in retrospect. Eventually his interest started to wane and he gave me full control of the account. I was ecstatic, of course, and went on an excited posting spree for quite a while.For a couple years, BZP and the Bionicle web page itself were the only sites I frequented, but since then I've expanded my horizons. I was heavily enthralled in the BZPRPG world toward the end of "BZP 1.0," but ever since the Downtime and Greg's disappearance I haven't been as attached to this place as I used to be. Still, if not for BZP I would have next to no knowledge of internet lingo and etiquette(if you can really call it that). It gave me years to rediscover my love for the Bionicle story, vastly improve my writing and communication skills, etc. etc. It's been a long time, but maybe one day I'll try my hand at another comedy or something. After all, it doesn't seem like BZP's going away anytime soon.

p

Well, it started on a trip to... either Denmark or Dubai...But, anyways, I was a tiny kid (Only about 4 or so) in about 2001-2, and noticed a huge LEGO set up on a tall shelf, a Tarkava. I got it, built it (With a little help from my dad, of course. Kinda hard to build that when you're only 4...) and just had a blast. And on my way back to the USA, on the plane you could buy things, and there was, of course, a Lewa Mata set for sale in 2003. Well, I got that, and when I finally moved down to Florida, I finally got into the story. I discovered BZP really early, maybe in 05? I made an account, lost both the username and password, and it took me forever to get another account. Well, I'm kinda glad because of that (If you ever saw my posts on the Lego Message Boards, you would understand why), since I needed to get a little grammar and stop beeing so... nooby (Still am, I always might be). Finally got an account 3 years ago.. and I'm glad. I dabbled in tons of stuff at first, but finally tried out comic making after a while. Well, here I am now, and I'll stay until this site goes.And what BZP has done with my life? Well, it's shown me... how to have a little grammar, it helped me discover I'm not that good of a writer... (Had an epic, failed horribly...), but I'm glad I discovered BZP. What else would I do with my time without this place?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I still remember getting the first comic in the mail with my lego magazine and thinking "what's this?" I've been hooked ever since.Been a fan for a pretty solid time period since then, and joined BZP in '08. I seem to be fading out, though. It hit me how long it's been since I've been on here and told myself I'd make more time for it again in my life.

R.I.P. Hundreds of Rahkshi, Karzahni (plant), Mavrah, Kodan, Lhikan, Nidhiki, Krekka, Nivawk, Tuyet, Naho, the other seven Toa Mangai, Sidorak, a Toa of Gravity, a Toa of Plasma, a Toa of 'Silence', Reysa, Carapar, Botar, Ihu, Nikila, Jovan, Hydraxon, Morbuzakh, Antroz, Bitil, Krika, Icarax, Mutran, Vamprah, Spiriah, Gorast, Chirox, many Matoran on a southern island, Matoro, Kojol, many Toa of Iron and Magnetism, all of the Toa in a Toa Tower, a winged Dark Hunter, everyone who attacked Artahka, several OOMN members, a Skakdi in the Pit, many Matoran who became statues, Tridax, Jovan's team, Lesovikk's team, Tyrant, a group of Turaga, the Vahki, Certavus, Lein, many Vorox, many Skrall, Guardian, Nocturn, countless Rahi, the Iron tribe, Teridax, Karzahni (person), The Makuta of Stelt, Telluris, Tren Krom ... and good riddance.

Well, after 11 years, I found myself writing so much here in the library, and that became the most important place for me. I've written comedies, epics, short stories, spent time as an epic critic, and now I run that very tiny program. BZPower and Bionicle, while giving me an outlet, also inspired me to work at becoming a better writer - an ability which I now use to help others become better writers.-Ced

I've only been for five years. And looking back, I see that I've changed.I don't care for Lego much anymore(though I am trying to get back into it), and I don't post as much.This forum has changed my view of the internet, I learned it's not ALL scary people.Just most of it. :P

It actually started as hatred. 11 years ago, Bionicle was the only thing that was featured in the Lego catalogs, magazines, and on TV, and I was annoyed with what can now be considered to be viral marketing. Then I gave in and bought Pohatu and Nokama, because those were the only sets the toy aisle at Wal-Mart had, and I was hooked.2004 was wrapping up when the latest comic advertised the Toa Hordika. Instead of waiting for them to be released, I searched online, and found pictures on this site. For a few months, I only used it to check the news, but I eventually discovered the forums, namely the Comedy section. On April 11th, 2005, a day I still remember every year, I joined as Takanuva Hordika55. I wrote comedies for the forum for the next few years, which were hit-or-miss when it came to popularity, the most popular being "Ask Jaller". As a member, I got the first look at every new set, I learned internet etiquette, and I improved as a writer. Then, in 2008, high school rolled around, and while I was not as much into the sets anymore, even though I still bought some, I kept following the story. As school, my music career, and the rest of my life became more time consuming, I didn't follow the story as closely, and I had less time to write episodes for "Ask Jaller". In late 2009, I saw the announcement that Lego was going to discontinue Bionicle after the Stars line. I was shocked, yes, but the rest of the tension in my life was still more important. I never bought the Stars sets. I wanted to, but I didn't. I read the scans of the final comic, and knew that Bionicle was over. At that point, I abandoned BZP except for a few glances to see if Lego was going to bring it back every once in a while. Bionicle and BZP basically WERE my childhood, and I never realized how big these were in my life until now.Where am I now? Let's see...I'm a senior in high school, I can drive, I've dated, I play the Saxophone...I just realized there's a twitter button on this entry box (I don't have twitter), and I know where I'm going to college. Now, I'm typing my memories into this entry field. Thinking about it, I never forgot about my BZP activities. I am registered as "Takonius" in quite a few other forums, and I occasionally use it as a username for games like Call of Duty 4 and Minecraft. I remember where I drew inspiration for certain comedies (a Hewkii character that constantly talked about Kolhii was based on my best friend who only talks about baseball). I have an unfinished episode of "Ask Jaller" saved in my computer that was meant to be the finale, and was going to be a more serious and streamlined episode, in PROSE. BZP changed my life, and I can't believe it's been so long since I've been here, and even longer since Bionicle started.

askjallerbanner.gif

The 55 is no more...

i found it in 08. finally joined about january 2010

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I've been a fan of bionicle since the beginning, and a BZP member for around four to five years. All of the time I spent on BZPower and Bionicle in general had a profound affect on me (at least in my opinion). This site sort unlocked my creativity for me in a way. I first joined the site to share my MoCs, which, at the time, were pretty terrible :P. I got better, but that's besides the point.It also taught me that everything in life takes time, and dedication. I ATTEMPTED to start a comic series, create a sprite kit, and write a chronicle. I gave up in all of these endeavors simply because I didn't think them through and lost my motivation. I definitely learned from that. I also filmed short bionicle stopmotion movies. I actually kept up with those for a while; I've stopped because of schedule conflicts and stuff like that.Now I'm a freshman in high school. I'm pursuing a career in music; hopefully I've learned enough to stick with it this time.

Edited by Archmaster

~Music is what feelings sound like~

96% of teens like either rap or "real music". If you are part of the 4% that appreciate all types of music, copy and paste this into your sig.

• 4 weeks later...

Depending on my luck in life, either buried 6 feet underground or right here. Started bionicle since the start, was hooked with it since the start. found this site while looking at bionicle creations on the internet. Was love at first glance. the first forum I was in was the comic's forum, where I live right now.~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I suppose BZP helped me become more articulate in communicating to others with text, and other such hzubhu yglbgagefuha ...What? Oh, well, anyway, it also probably did some other stuff too, but I'm not one for self-analysis.[/blantantlies]~B~

Eleven years ago, I was an obnoxious kid with a big mouth and a passion for the red sets. That kid had recently won a trip to Legoland and he loved Bionicle and Lego, thinking that MNOG was beautiful and that the world was black and white and problem-free. A few years later, that kid found a forum site (that his brothers raved about) and then he experienced problems. Running a comic strip, working in a sig/avatar shop, learning that he wasn't liked by everyone and then seeing that more and more outside of the internet as well, the world started changing.Here I am in 2012. I look at the Bionicle story with loads of criticism and face palms. My favorite sets are the green ones and I'm still obnoxious and my mouth is still big. XD Now I'm finished with school at a young age and no matter where I look, the world just seems to pop up another cause to get involved in or another shade of grey to deal with. I've learned that the world isn't black or white or just a bunch of shades of grey, but rather it's filled with color and imagination with a thousand ways to look at a single object (though in all fairness, I'd hardly say a majority of those views are flawless and positive). BZPower and Bionicle still gives me inspiration to write and draw and I'm still vastly unknown around the site (though, I haven't been too active, in all honesty. XD). This was the very first forum site I've been a part of, and now, eight years later, it's my favorite site of all even if I'm unknown and I constantly make lame jokes. XP

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

11 years ago, I was a whining baby - 11 years later, I'm a teen who's a month behind in school, has almost minor interest in BIONICLE now, and, to quote Tekulo on this, constantly makes lame jokes. How lovely a life I have had. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

11 years ago, I was a whining baby - 11 years later, I'm a teen who's a month behind in school, has almost minor interest in BIONICLE now, and, to quote Tekulo on this, constantly makes lame jokes. How lovely a life I have had. :P

You'll be happy to know I found your joke in the second sentence terribly lame. ^_^

You'll be happy to know I found your joke in the second sentence terribly lame. ^_^
I told you I made lame jokes. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I logged in today to see if my account still existed. Not much has changed here in my absence. Only person I recognise is Reya, seeing as he was a newb the same time as me.

BIONICLE started with me as a four-year-old celebrating his birthday while visiting family near Rugby, England and receiving Toa Mata Gali... then pushing her around in a wheelbarrow in the backyard. XDNowadays, its involvement in my life has dwindled, but I still spend a good deal of time planning, writing, and demanding reviews of my various fanfics, such as Makuta Hunt. I have other things to spend time with, though -- namely high school, choir, D&D, and various other obsessions such as Avatar: The Last Airbender, Doctor Who, Merlin, and - currently foremost in my list, as evidenced by my username - The Legend of Zelda.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

This forum changed my life.~TN726

Holy heck, I can't believe I saw this almost a month later. I haven't seen you on BZP in so many years.so many years later and so many people in the past are gone from here
HARRO!~TN726

Papa Vinc...Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...

:kaukau: First of all, congratulations Kan on your life! Doing amazing stuff life joining the Air Force (something I am also seriously considering) and discovering new interests makes you a cool dude (and no, I did not type in another word that gets censored into "cool dude").Second, I'd like to proudly proclaim that BZPower is every bit as awesome of a community now as it was many years ago. The only difference is that the main attraction has died off and the traffic is slower, so there's a little less discussion going on now. There are no more mid-year uproars on how terrible the new sets are, and all the speculation in the story department is essentially retconning. But life finds a way, and even in its glory days BZP remains one of my favorite places on the internet of all time.Seriously, this is the place to be. There's nowhere else that I've discovered such an inviting sense of community, and ever since then BZPower has shaped and defined my idea of what an online forum should be. Like Kan, I realize now that it's helped influence me through both the positive and negative social interactions. bonesiii has been a huge inspiration to how I now live my life, and I've been a more logical thinker since losing arguments with him. Even the negative interactions (I won't give names) with people who criticized me as a sick person on my blog (I did have a few unhealthy obsessions at the time), caused me to go through needed self-evaluations. Being able to vent my writing ideas on these forums has also inspired me into a state of perpetual brainstorming. Certain bloggers have inspired me as an essayist (particularly bonesiii).In other words, this place gives me life. It sounds a little dramatic. I lived quite comfortably during the downtime. But it's still a joy and pleasure when this site is online. It's good enough that I might seriously consider making a donation for permanent premier membership soon.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

This forum changed my life.~TN726

Holy heck, I can't believe I saw this almost a month later. I haven't seen you on BZP in so many years.so many years later and so many people in the past are gone from here
HARRO!~TN726
Yeah, I remember you were one of those OBZPCs who lectured/helped me out in NMQ&A back in 2004. I think I saw you post in a topic of mine (in NMQ&A) in 2006 but I haven't really seen you since... that post definitely surprised me. :P

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

11 years ago? hmm... Onepu, mcdonalds, september 01, that is all. 11 years later, im a teenager navigated the stormy seas called high school and the real world, but still have a place for bionicle in my heart. I think i learned about the existence of this site around 05, but didn't join until last october after the "dataclysm" subsided.

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing, everyone. I remember when the sites merged and the subsequent redesign, when the forums were incredibly slow due too outrageous amounts of traffic, and when having your topic be one of the top ten most popular topics was huge deal. Good times indeed. I'm happy to call BZPower the first place online where I engaged in great discussions and was part of a legitimate and constructive community outside of my group of personal friends. I'm glad to see that community lives on today - Thanks for the memories and best wishes to all in constructing your future.

Year 1: My friend introduced me into his comedy section. And I thought it was cool that there were more just two people in the world that actually appreciate bionicle as much as I did. Year 2-10 Comics, off and on, but then found a group of people I could talked to about nerdy stuff. So...Year 11 has been one of many many proofs of how great people are when they come together over a good wholesome conversation over stuff that we have created and stuff that we agree is great to discuss about. I can outwardly say that I am greatly for Bzpower. VERY!