How would you finish G2

Zidonaro

I've been wanting to ask you guys this for a while, but unfortunately the forums were offline. But now I finally have the chance to hear it from you.

We all know that G2 was had an abrupt ending. Various things were left unresolved, and lot of misteries are still on the air.

If given the chance, how would you have finished G2?

If I had the chance, I would have definitely linked G1 with G2 with the mask of time. I don't think the fanservice that they did with it was just fanservice, they were clearly building something. But my imagination ends here and I cant develop it more, that's why I want to hear it from you.

First, I'd give it another year. It ended much too quickly. Y2 would end with Umarak being destroyed and Makuta being freed in the process. The elemental beasts are also vaporized through this, and the Toa need to deal with Makuta having tricked them. Y3 would follow the Toa struggling to fight new enemies; the smaller sets and villain sets of that year, save Makuta himself, could be based on Rahi, corrupted by Makuta to serve as his new army and give us more interesting titans. Ekimu suggests that the mask of time is needed to defeat Makuta, but it is not complete. However, he has a plan.

The top half of the mask allows the user to jump between different timelines, but not control time. The plan is to use that half to jump between timelines to get to a universe where the bottom half *is* complete, then come back and permanently trap Makuta out of space and time. So, after some fighting, the Toa get the mask, and they try to use it as proposed--except it malfunctions and accidentally brings a fellow dimension-hopper to them instead of taking them across timelines. That traveler is G1 Takanuva, hopping through timelines to try to get to Karda Nui. This establishes how G2 connects to G1: it's an alternate timeline like any other.

Unfortunately, the mask of time shatters, and the cause seems lost. However, the Toa realize that Takanuva's light powers directly counter Makuta's shadows and can dispel his influence on the Rahi. There's a fight at the end, but the Toa realize they need to sacrifice their power to defeat Makuta, so they do that and become regular Matoran to render him powerless. Makuta is arrested for committing literally every crime and goes to gay baby jail. Takanuva s off to the G1 timeline, and the story ends with the Toa themselves recounting their story to some kids and telling them to go make their own legends.

Would this probably suck in practice? Yeah, but G2's story is lackluster anyway, and you can't really fix it without rewriting it entirely. At least this way, we get some substantial fanservice and a more interesting conclusion.

• Like 3

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I don’t like the ending either, so I will say my idea: 

I kind of don’t want the Mask of Ultimate Power to appear in the 2016 storyline much because the storyline should primarily about the Mask of Control. The Toa go and defeat Umarak before he would take over Okoto, and the Toa would think that they may have succeeded in stopping Umarak from freeing Makuta by closing the portal, but Makuta actually is able to get out while the Toa went back to the City of the Mask Makers. That’s how the 2016 storyline should end with a cliffhanger. It’s like Lord Garmadon’s return from Ninjago’s Season 8. Here’s how the 2017 storyline would go: 

Makuta would bring out his army from the Shadow Realm. He would turn every type of Shadow Trap into an Elemental Beast and then find a mining place with Energized Protodermis in Okoto to turn them into enhanced versions of themselves (six medium sets), perhaps call them Nuva Elemental Beasts, and he has smaller versions of the Beasts (six small sets) to assist them while being comical. Makuta has his forces go to the City to take over it. Ekimu and the Toa tried to stop them, but they couldn’t defeat them, so Makuta took over the city. This allows him to use the forge to bind the Mask of Ultimate Power back together, but stabilizes it this time. However, the heroes got the Mask of Time (top half) when they escaped for their lives. Ekimu has an idea, which is to summon G2’s Takua and then turn him into Takanuva, and the heroes would go find the bottom half, which is actually the Mask of Time in G1. Of course, they would need G2’s Mask of Dimensional Gates to get the mask after Takua becomes Takanuva (Toa with the Ussalnui in a set) and the Toa Uniters would become the Toa Nuva (six summer medium sets) when they find the mining place. Ekimu would also use the mines to become a Titan version of his Toa form (Titan set). They would also need to find the Mask of Light to turn Takua into Takanuva first, so they can advance through Makuta’s forces. Here’s how it goes: 

1. Ekimu summons Takua. It would be Mask of Light movie again sort of. The heroes need to find the Mask of Light to turn Takua into Takanuva. He would make himself the Ussalnui for travel. 

2. The heroes go find the mines, so the Toa Uniters can become the Toa Nuva and Ekimu would enhance himself.

3. Ekimu and Takanuva would hold off Makuta’s forces while the Toa Nuva would go find the Mask of Dimensional Gates. Once they find the mask, they will go to the G1 universe to get its Mask of Time. 

4. In a flashback moment, when the Great Beings from G1 were building the Mata Nui Robot, they made materials for the completed Mask of Time. However, they were worried that if anything bad happens to the mask, it would cause great disaster, so they decided to split in half and have each half work like a normal mask without ruining anything. They already made the top half and then when they invented G1’s Mask of Dimensional Gates, they use that mask to send the top half to the G2 universe and gave it to Ekimu for safekeeping because they wanted to lessen the risk in the Matoran Universe and for emergencies of any kind. Great Beings love to invent things, you know. The bottom half wasn’t complete because the Great Beings are still concerned with the half if it were to be in the Matoran Universe, but Artahka and the Great Beings agreed to turn the materials for it into the six Great Disks. That’s how the Mask of Time is split in half. 

5. Back to the present, after the Toa travelled to the G1 dimension, the Toa defeated Voporak and took G1’s Mask of Time from him. They then come back to their dimension. Ekimu combined the two halves of the Mask of Time into the fully completed Mask of Time for the first time. The heroes use the new mask to greatly advance through Makuta’s forces, so they can get to Makuta in his throne in the city. 

6. When all eight heroes arrive, they confront Makuta (Titan set), who plans to take over the world and is armed with the Mask of Ultimate Power and the Mask of Control. Makuta does crazy stuff to try to defeat the heroes G1 Makuta style, but the heroes went through these challenges before they fight Makuta physically. The heroes combine their powers to defeat Makuta and destroy the Mask of Ultimate Power and the Mask of Control. Makuta and his forces are defeated for good. The heroes and their people celebrate their victory. Makuta and his forces are imprisoned in the newly-restored city for their crimes, the fragments of the broken masks and the Mask of Time are placed in a secret place, and Ekimu writing a book called Bionicle that is about the adventures in G2. The End. Well, if the story had continued even more, it would go to G1’s direction, with the Toa Metru, Toa Inika, Toa Nuva with Karda Nui stuff, the Glatorian, and Spherus Magna stuff, but in a simpler way.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Simple, third year collect the fragments of the Mask of Ultimate Power. The Toa get new masks and armors that lets them use 2 elements which is something that Ekimu was against with but reluctantly did, for example Tahu would be the Toa of Fire/Water etc. With villains we get more deformed creatures with interesting builds and finally we get a bigger worthy of the G1 Titan tag Makuta. 

This is my version without any connections with G1 if there were it would be much, MUCH longer

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

I'm gonna interpret the title of the thread a bit differently than everyone else, and start with fleshing out the first and second years. Firstly, 2015 would have two additional sets: Makuta the Mask Maker, to go with Ekimu, and a sixth skull creature corresponding to Water. Skull spiders would also be expanded to Skull Spawn, with unique forms for each element. So in addition to the scorpions that we got in the stone sets, we could have skull swimmers (with webbed feet), skull striders (water striders-esque legs,  but able to stride over magma), skull swarmers (with wings), and skull skiers (treaded rears like the Muaka and Kane Ra from G1).

Then, 2016 would have two additional elemental beasts, corresponding to ice and air. I'd also allow Umarak the Destroyer to double as a stone beast, with an alternate beast head included. 

And finally, we get to 2017, the canceled third year. II have no idea what they were planning, but I'll tell you what I would have wanted: Dark Masters and Dark Protectors. The Shadow Toa never got a chance to shine in G1, and the evil Tohunga plot was cut entirely apart from Ahkmou, so  bringing back thesae concept and fleshing them out as the elite minions of Makuta in G2 would have been rad. As such, I actually built Dark Masters for my personal G2 collection, mostly out of the parts that were left over after I combined the Masters and Uniters into singular forms.

Meanwhile. the third versions of Tahu and Co would be called Lords. Lord of Fire, Lord of Water, etc. Not sure where they would go from a design perspective. But one thing that would have been cool to see, would have been for them having official combiner forms ala Toa Kaita, and the design process taking this into account far more than the Toa Mata did. Finally, the minions included with the Toa could be an evolution of Skull Spiders, but each taking a dark form of the Lord's masks. 

If successful, I'd also leave the door open for a longer plot that would eventually culminate in Makuta turning out to not be the true big bad, but the Mask of Ultimate Power itself, ala the popular fan theory at the time. A several year arc would involve the Toa hunting down several additional great masks. First the mask of Time, which had flung itself forward into time to hide itself from Makuta. In a cool inversion of G1's Metru Nui arc, Tahu and co would chase after the mask of Time, first into Okoto's high tech future, and then an alternate, dark future where Okoto has become a wasteland. 

After that, Tahu and Co would hunt down three other masks over an Ignition length trilogy involving pirate raiders, a far away island kingdom, and culminating in an actual final battle against the Darkness, with Makuta fighting alongside the heroes, and the six great masks being spiritually forged into the Mask of Unity, a flawless version of the Mask of Ultimate Power that rightfully can not be wielded by one being alone. I could go into greater detail about all of this, but my post is already long-winded as it is.

• Like 4

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I'm probably in the minority here in that I don't particularly care how it could have been ended, I just wish that it was properly ended in some capacity. At least they gave BIONICLE a one-year heads-up. The first two Journey to One episodes were at least paced and gave me time to take in what I watched. Spreading out the action of the last two and doing nothing else would immediately make it feel more cohesive, if imperfect, like the rest of G2.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

On 10/19/2019 at 9:28 PM, Mukaukau Nuva said:

This is kind of a meta question, but how many LEGO-original properties actually get a resolved ending? I haven't been keeping up with recent themes, but it generally seems kinda rare, especially since G1 only got an ending due to the creative team having the clout to ask for one.

Chima and Knights Kingdom (the constraction figure line) received endings. Themes that did not include Exo-Force and Nexo Knights. Both of those latter properties were similar, in that their second years reportedly saw a steep drop-off in sale, resulting in their third years being heavily truncated, particularly from a marketing standpoint

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I would have played with the Shadow Realm more, probably split up the Toa team (half to follow Gali into the Shadow Realm, half to fight Elemental Beast army-sorta like the two waves in 2008 with Mistika/Phantoka), to me the team always felt quite distinctly Onua/Tahu/Kopaka and Lewa/Pohatu/Gali anyway. Likely something goes wrong with the plan to free Makuta so he is freed but trapped in the Mask of Control or inside Umarak's body (Umarakuta? lol). I DEFINITELY would have made more Elemental beasts (rep all 6 elements), but maybe the types we did not see get trapped in the Shadow Realm somehow and become Shadow Beasts? Eventually Makuta gets free, but the Mask of Ultimate Power is destroyed by Ekimu, so Makuta uses the Mask of Time to travel back and try and get it from earlier in the timeline before Ekimu went to sleep and Makuta went to the Shadow Realm. The Toa follow him, Ekimu stays behind in the present time and defeats Umarak. The Toa narrowly prevent Makuta from stealing the mask and destroying the City of the Mask Makers (possibly via an alliance with the Skull Raiders-represented as full warriors, not decayed and skeletal), and the Toa stay behind to prevent anyone else from stealing any of the masks (possibly help make their own golden masks or something). The Toa grow old in the past, and they choose six Okotans to take their place as.... Protectors. 

Thank you very much XD lol

On 10/13/2019 at 9:22 PM, CyclonatorZ said:

I'm gonna interpret the title of the thread a bit differently than everyone else, and start with fleshing out the first and second years. Firstly, 2015 would have two additional sets: Makuta the Mask Maker, to go with Ekimu, and a sixth skull creature corresponding to Water. Skull spiders would also be expanded to Skull Spawn, with unique forms for each element. So in addition to the scorpions that we got in the stone sets, we could have skull swimmers (with webbed feet), skull striders (water striders-esque legs,  but able to stride over magma), skull swarmers (with wings), and skull skiers (treaded rears like the Muaka and Kane Ra from G1).

Then, 2016 would have two additional elemental beasts, corresponding to ice and air. I'd also allow Umarak the Destroyer to double as a stone beast, with an alternate beast head included. 

And finally, we get to 2017, the canceled third year. II have no idea what they were planning, but I'll tell you what I would have wanted: Dark Masters and Dark Protectors. The Shadow Toa never got a chance to shine in G1, and the evil Tohunga plot was cut entirely apart from Ahkmou, so  bringing back thesae concept and fleshing them out as the elite minions of Makuta in G2 would have been rad. As such, I actually built Dark Masters for my personal G2 collection, mostly out of the parts that were left over after I combined the Masters and Uniters into singular forms.

Meanwhile. the third versions of Tahu and Co would be called Lords. Lord of Fire, Lord of Water, etc. Not sure where they would go from a design perspective. But one thing that would have been cool to see, would have been for them having official combiner forms ala Toa Kaita, and the design process taking this into account far more than the Toa Mata did. Finally, the minions included with the Toa could be an evolution of Skull Spiders, but each taking a dark form of the Lord's masks. 

If successful, I'd also leave the door open for a longer plot that would eventually culminate in Makuta turning out to not be the true big bad, but the Mask of Ultimate Power itself, ala the popular fan theory at the time. A several year arc would involve the Toa hunting down several additional great masks. First the mask of Time, which had flung itself forward into time to hide itself from Makuta. In a cool inversion of G1's Metru Nui arc, Tahu and co would chase after the mask of Time, first into Okoto's high tech future, and then an alternate, dark future where Okoto has become a wasteland. 

After that, Tahu and Co would hunt down three other masks over an Ignition length trilogy involving pirate raiders, a far away island kingdom, and culminating in an actual final battle against the Darkness, with Makuta fighting alongside the heroes, and the six great masks being spiritually forged into the Mask of Unity, a flawless version of the Mask of Ultimate Power that rightfully can not be wielded by one being alone. I could go into greater detail about all of this, but my post is already long-winded as it is.

I like this! 

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

• 1 month later...

BioMediaProject has the leaked G2 story Bible from 2015; and looking at it a few details become clear.

1. Prior to the creation of Okoto and the Mask Makers there existed the Great Beings.
  2. The Vahi was intended to be half a mask to allow fans the opportunity to create their own story linking G1 and G2.

So other than the Great Beings, there was no explicit link to G1; and we don't know really how it works out. Is G2 in some pocket dimension the Great Beings created? Were the heroes we encountered in G2 reincarnated versions of the spirits of the G1 characters? Is combining the two Vahi's really the link between the two generations? Frankly it seems Lego created those questions not to answer them officially, but to let us fans answer them in our imaginations.

So my thoughts of an official G2 ending would not include an explicit G1 cross over. It would stick close to the story bible plot outline, in that the final year would be focused on The Mask of Ultimate Power. I would have loved to have seen a series of small sets like the Protectors, perhaps bringing in some of the G1 Matoran, Turaga or Agori into G2 as new characters; or a continuation of the small beast themes the Creatures started. The six Toa in new forms, then of course a wide release Titan Makuta set. Maybe a few larger sets to top off the year, like vehicles or creature sets; and a few medium sized villain sets. 

My thoughts on my head canon version of G2's ending? Well that story hasn't yet ended in my mind and sort of fuels my recent MOC projects. A lot more G1 characters reincarnated into G2 forms; a Prophecy of a Seventh Toa coming from the long lost lineage of "the seed of Ekimu" (a G2 Takua); whose's secret has been protected by an ancient clan known as "The Order of Ekimu" (the other Av-Matoran characters from G1; yes even boring Solek) who secretly hid the child Takua in the Village of Fire with then Protector of Fire Vakama and his two sons Narmoto and Jaller; after Takua's birth parents were murdered by Umarak the Hunter prior to the events of G2's official story. Eventually Takua discovers his identity and becomes "the seventh Toa" paving the way for another group of villagers lead by his adopted brother Jaller also to become Toa themselves (Takanuva and Mahri revamp excuses). Meanwhile the original six Toa have been summoned from the stars again and have returned to the world of Okoto; only to be captured by pirates and forced into arena fights as "Glatorian" in a crime ridden metropolis on a distant continent far east of Okoto (my excuse to introduce other Glatorian characters from 2009, while also offering an excuse to revamp the 2008 Toa into the G2 style). Also the crime city is again a chance to introduce more G1 cast such as Piraka and Dark Hunters. With new found Glatorian allies a sort of Roman-arena escape adventure occurs where Toa and their new Glatorian allies fight off the pirates and other criminal beings that took control of the once futuristic metropolis city the arena was built in; liberating its villagers from a thousand years of oppression. Meanwhile the secret link between G1 and G2 is slowly discovered as Mata Nui and the Great Beings gradually are revealed to have created the world of Okoto with the G1 Vahi key to its creation; with Mata Nui's spirit dormant in the Inika living quietly on a hidden island guarded by great creatures of the depths and other Lovecraftian monsters that eventually the now 13 Toa, their Glatorian friends, and Ekimu will someday have to face to discover the core meaning of their universe itself. Somewhere Kulta and the Skull Raiders also have an island of their own with a pirates base that is just Secret of Monkey Island: But Bionicle! Also somehow G2 Matoro will die. Don't know how, just that its going to happen. Also in G2 love is canon so HewkiiXMacku and JallerXHahlii are totally happening... :m_o::m_o::m_p::s: Frankly, I don't know if this head canon story will ever truly end as long as I can keep dreaming up more stuff for it.

Also G1 Vezon is there due to his dimension hopping skills and totally playing the G2 Piraka like fools; basically taunting them and leading them on fools errands for his own amusement. 

I blame the Bionicles parts bin at Bricks and Minifigures for fueling this fantasy.

Is it very self serving my interests in Bionicle by cherry picking my favorite parts of G1 and creating a story Lego never intended to tell with G2? Yes. Its silly and fanficy in all ways, and I sort of love it. As much as I love G1, I personally get a kick out of the blank slate G2 was and just imagining "what might have been?" had the line not been cut short, and what type of stories I would have created in the world. Might make a good D&D campaign setting someday, maybe I should keep that in mind. 

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

18 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

Is combining the two Vahi's really the link between the two generations? Frankly it seems Lego created those questions not to answer them officially, but to let us fans answer them in our imaginations.

They did a good job of it to! This is the eventual goal of the epic I'm working on (the one with the really long and boring beginning :D 

Are you on Brickshelf? Some of this stuff reminds me of some MOCs I've been admiring on there recently. 

18 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

Also G1 Vezon is there due to his dimension hopping skills and totally playing the G2 Piraka like fools; basically taunting them and leading them on fools errands for his own amusement. 

Love it :D 

• Like 1

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

4 hours ago, MoarBotar said:

Are you on Brickshelf? Some of this stuff reminds me of some MOCs I've been admiring on there recently. 

I did upload a few on Brickshelf; until I realized the new forum updates allow photos to be directly uploaded to the BZPower servers without requiring an external Brickshelf or Flickr photo. The latest updates are all in this thread: 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!