Canama

Don't act like I won't use my other weapons. The flamer still works against any target that is just outside melee range, and the flare gun is quite excellent. Ditto for the shotgun, if I got that I tend to use it very often as well. But believe me, if I'm ambushing a single target at point blank I can and will use the Axtinguisher as long as I carry it. Sometimes I swap it for the Powerjack, in that case I will flame longer first or use flares instead. Backburner works as well, though it's more risky given that it actually relies on "backstabbing" with particles.I will never put the Degreaser away unless the stock flamer gets more useful. Sometimes I will use the Backburner (depends on map) but in almost every situation the ability to essentially ignore weapon heckling is much, much more useful than 20 extra afterburn damage.

Edited by Katuko

Okay guys, we really need more people. We need at least 4 more people. Please, Skype is free, and oh look at that so is TF2. Please we'd really love for you to be there and join us and be part of the TF2 family and such. So please send me a PM.

Guess who's back?

(>^.^)> It's Magic. ~(._.~)

Not me.

Are you happy now..?It was my way of typing but I suppose I can change it.Sorry.. I thought it was neat.Anyway, Yea we could use some others, really need more people. Contact me at gardagarda3600 on Skype.Also, is there any good way for a Scout to take out a Turret and/or Pyro..?

Guess who's back?

Not me.

Scout can generally not take out a sentry on his own unless it is still constructing or in the middle of an upgrade animation. Then you can rush in and begin circle-strafing it while pumping it full of lead. If there are any enemies nearby (the Engie will most likely be) then you have a problem, though, so make sure that you got backup.If you do have backup, though, then you will be better off pestering the enemy team while your team targets the sentry. Just spam your pistol at the Engineer, that will hopefully make him back off. If you got BONK with you, now is a very good time to use it. Just drink and run straight at the sentry. Make sure to tell your team you are doing it first so they know that it is safe to get closer.For Pyros, your best defense is to not get in front of their flamer (like with any other class' primary weapon). Ambush him or her if possible, and send off a good meatshot. Two more shots from mid-range should do the trick, possible with some pistol spam thrown in. As soon as the Pyro sees you, retreat! Do not get too close to an aware Pyro! The flames aren't that bad given that you can dodge most of the stream, but it's quick to get locked into an airblast and/or getting flared. Remember that while the airblast robs you of your control, the Scout can actually double-jump to get out of it. Also note that double-jumping at range is next to useless and leaves you with a predictable trajectory. Only single-jump when out of flamer range, that is sufficient to confuse the Pyro's aim. Spamming pistol shots and/or scattergun shots is very unnerving as well, because the Pyro will feel like they can't fight back properly.If the Pyro is carrying the Backburner, they should be a "free kill" due to their normal switch speed and limited airblast. Regular flamer is also relatively easy if you just make use of your superior speed and your pistol. Degreaser is an even fight at mid-range but skewed in the Pyro's favor at close range.Do not get airblasted if you can avoid it. :lol:

Or just hop in the water and go hand-to-hand.Always works for me. :PSound advice, your dissertation @Katuko.For a turret, I'd say use the pistol, or have a really good vantage point with the shotgun. If the Engie's still there, he needs to go, obviously. In any case, use the Scout's speed to your advantage.When fighting a Pyro, like Katuko implied, STAY THE HECK OUTTA THEIR RANGE. Scouts have little enough health as it is, and don't need a bonfire on the their heads chipping it away.Once more, use your speed over their slower weapons. Get in, couple blasts, get out, repeat. Also, your secondary can be used while retreating to keep the pressure on.Just my opinion/strategy. :pirate:

Finally I have found it. I was searching for this topic for a bit...Anyway, I am Labouka, somewhat new to TF2, but a quite seasoned fan of Bionicle. I am the one who watches the whole site, gazing silently and waiting for the perfect chance for an ambush post. :PAs far as TF2 goes, I am F2P and that means I can't do much, other than flame you to death. Pyro is my primary thing, and I really like to use Heavy and Medic too. I don't have a full account on Steam, so I can't friend anyone, but I would really like to have more people to talk about Bionicle, BZP and, most importantly, TF2. My steam name is Labouka, so search for me and rest assured that I will accept the friend invite. ^_^Now, one player I want to have a game with, is Katuko. Methinks he is quite a seasoned Pyro and I could get some knowledge from him. Another reason is that I like the game he is making a lot, so it can be cool to play with a legend once in a while. :biggrin: PS: For those who wonder (because I know someone WILL wonder), yes, this is a Federation of Fear collage that I made, in my sig. The Lariska there is not mine. It's probably the best MOC of her's that I could find around the dark hallways of the internet... :P

Edited by Labouka

the_medic_is_house.jpg

As far as TF2 goes, I am F2P and that means I can't do much, other than flame you to death. Pyro is my primary thing, and I really like to use Heavy and Medic too. I don't have a full account on Steam, so I can't friend anyone, but I would really like to have more people to talk about Bionicle, BZP and, most importantly, TF2. My steam name is Labouka, so search for me and rest assured that I will accept the friend invite. ^_^

I'm not sure what you mean by "not a full account", since Steam itself is 100% free. You may need to go into your profile and actually put in some proper details, though, just to "activate it".My current username is "Noxious", though you might need to search for the (silly) account name: "KatukoTheMage". :P

Now, one player I want to have a game with, is Katuko. Methinks he is quite a seasoned Pyro and I could get some knowledge from him. Another reason is that I like the game he is making a lot, so it can be cool to play with a legend once in a while. :biggrin:

I'm a legend now? I feel special. :lol: I'm a competent player, but I'm nowhere near the "epic" level that some players are.

PS: For those who wonder (because I know someone WILL wonder), yes, this is a Federation of Fear collage that I made, in my sig. The Lariska there is not mine. It's probably the best MOC of her's that I could find around the dark hallways of the internet... :P

Sadly, it's too large to be a sig. You need to shrink it down to fit within the restrictions. When composing your sig there is a scale on the side that shows the maximum height. Edited by Katuko

I'm not sure what you mean by "not a full account", since Steam itself is 100% free. You may need to go into your profile and actually put in some proper details, though, just to "activate it".

I mean that I have a limited user account. I can't use features such as sending friend invites or initiating chat sessions with users that are not in my friend list. I can only accept invites by other members and groups. Steam itself might be free, but I think that they worry too bloddy much of the safety of their site if they put such over-the-top "protective" measures...

the_medic_is_house.jpg

I mean that I have a limited user account. I can't use features such as sending friend invites or initiating chat sessions with users that are not in my friend list. I can only accept invites by other members and groups. Steam itself might be free, but I think that they worry too bloddy much of the safety of their site if they put such over-the-top "protective" measures...

Can't you just turn that off in your settings?

Yep, sure I did. Even though that protection thing was before the hack...So, anyway, are you able to friend other Steam members? If so, I will be happy to accept your invitation, should you consider sending me one. :) (Same goes for anyone who would like to send me an invite.)

Edited by Labouka

the_medic_is_house.jpg

Or we can cooperate, too. :P It seems ironic that, in a game were players must work with each other, no one is keen on doing so, except for the Medic/Heavy team-ups...Thanks for the invite, btw. I accepted and you are added. :)Whenever you want company for a game, drop me a chat note, I will see it. Of course, me living in Greece, can lead to a slight confusion with the time differences and such, but most of the time I am on my comp so I will see you logged on. ^_^

the_medic_is_house.jpg

Katuko, just for that you've earned yourself a place on my list of people I despise without proper reason. I really think the Degreaser has ruined the pyro; made her nothing but a "poof 1 flame switch axtinguisher" class. The "melee insta kill from behind" function is filled already by the spy. We don't need two classes that do that.

Sir, please calm down.Wait, so people can add me if they invite me, even if I'm F2P?In that case, my Steam name is "NotYourFuhrer", if anyone is interested. :PFor you sniper fans, which weapon are you better with? The bow and arrow, or the rifle (any)? Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

For you sniper fans, which weapon are you better with? The bow and arrow, or the rifle (any)?

Always the rifles. While the bow is decent for spamming at chokepoints or doing Arena in small areas, you can't beat the long-range precision of the sniper rifles. The standard rifle is usually the best, though there are situations (Payload defense, for example) where the Sydney Sleeper or Machina may work better. Sydney Sleeper for when you don't have time to charge full headshots at every buffed combat class coming in, and Machina for when people are clustered around the cart. Bow works, but it's honestly not that good given its draw speed, arcing path, projectile mechanics and lack of scope.Also: Jarate is usually my secondary, unless I'm carrying the Sleeper, then I often use the SMG instead.

Indeed. I prefer the rifle when I get the chance to actually snipe.The standard rifle is great, but the Bazaar is better, IMO. I get plenty of head shots with it.Currently, my favorite Sniper load out is the Ghastly Gibbus (I love that hat), Bazaar Bargain, the Razorback (don't want pesky spies to ruin my headshots :P), and the Bushwacka. I like the SMG a lot, though.

Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Ah, yes, the Bazaar Bargain. I haven't used it much, since it was rather underwhelming before they buffed it. I rarely use fully charged shots, so I guess I should try it out.I advice you to get rid of the Razorback, though. It's pretty much useless if you check your back now and then. When I play as Spy, I see Razorback Snipers as small gift packages, almost, because I know that they don't carry Jarate or anything else that is really nasty. A few revolver shots and you still die before you can really react. The shield is mildly useful if you stay scoped for a long time or hang around in areas where your teammates are present (meaning shooting you is too risky) but then you're likely to need the other secondaries instead.

The standard stuff is actually the most effective in most situations. Once you learn to manage cloak, you can get a lot farther a lot faster and get more things down with the regular watch than the C&D. The C&D is only really good for situations where you have to wait around for a long time, but in the time that takes you could often have been done with the job already if you had chosen a different approach.The YER, similarily, suffers from the no-disguise problem, meaning that taking out sentries get a lot harder unless you kill someone else first. Not being able to choose your disguise can leave you at a disadvantage (such as after stabbing a Heavy and needing to flee) and it's harder to get that first stab in. Not to mention the second you stab someone they will be on the chat, alerting their teammates of you. YER is therefore only really good for chain-stabs on oblivious cart-pushers and the likes.When playing Spy remember the tools at your disposal. Ammo refills cloak. You can see enemy health. Your Revolver is pretty accurate and does decent damage. Disguises cannot fool enemies for very long, but they are still effective at a glance. Try to act like your enemy. Playing the different classes often make you better at Spy because you know what can be expected of them. Don't try to out-gun a combat class, but remember that if they are low on health it may be very possible to drop them from a distance with your revolver. Don't do this unless you are certain no one else is near you, otherwise you will just get a crit melee to the back of the head.Your worst nightmare will be bumping into people around corners and stray bullets hitting you. This kills a Spy faster than you can decloak. Speaking of which: remember that your cloak makes some slight noise. Don't decloak right behind someone. Stand a few steps away, at least. Only pul out your knife when you are actually going to stab. Otherwise you want the revolver, which works from any angle.If you get chased, remember to plug a few shots in your attacker to wear him down. Even if you die, your team can kill them in return. If not, you have at least forced them to look for health. If chased by most light classes, you can kill them at mid-range with revolver. Even Pyros can be killed with backpedal+shoot, provided you are not so close that they catch up.As Spy, you should prioritize killing Medics. Inf act, everyone should aim for the Medic if possible. With healing and overheal galore, any team survives much longer than they would otherwise. So kill the Medic first! Then, aim for sentries, possibly snipers if they are good. If you see a Razorback, don't fret, just plug three revolver shots into the guy at point blank. With the Ambassador, you can go for a headshot + bodyshot, and with the Enforcer just 2 bodyshots. Practice with the revolver, however. It's better to get used to having less power so that you don't get overconfident once you start waving the "hand cannons" around.

So, any advice for playing Spy? Since I only recently got the game, I don't have Cloak and Dagger, Your Eternal Reward, etc., so I'm stuck with the regular old stuff, and I really want to get better at a class other than Pyro.

Learn to use your invisibility watch sparingly. Nothing is more telling of a Spy than the decloaking noise or, well, seeing a Spy decloak. The more you can minimize how often these two happen by minimizing unneeded cloaking, the better. Most maps are mirrored, so look for blind spots from your perspective, and flip it so you can use it to decloak out of sight. If you have enough spare cloak or are using the C&D, wait for loud noises like rockets firing or miniguns spinning. Plus that'll eat a lot less cloak time, and it's very good to have half cloak when you miss your stab on that Engineer than a quarter cloak, and need to make a getaway.Take back routes. You're going to turn the entire enemy team paranoid if you bump into even a single one of them. If you stay away from the clogged chokepoints during your run back behind enemy lines, you can minimize your risk of detection.Pick up any weapons or metal you find. Don't worry about being detected - someone appearing out of thin air is much more noticeable than an ammo pack or a dropped weapon disappearing.Remember the field of view. If you know how far your enemy can and can't see you, it'll help you immensely.Use water. It muffles noise, it's hard to see through until you jump in, it puts out fires, water is a very good friend of the Spy.Think before you act. Nothing is worse than running up to an Engineer to stab without thinking, then when he turns around to run and get more metal, your stab misses, and his sentry kills you undisguised.Switch disguises if you're detected and when you stab. When someone sees you or gets killed and sees what you were disguised as, they'll usually type in team chat "Spy demo" or "Spy pyro" or something like that. It won't avert suspicion entirely, but it'll help get some heat off you not to be that class.Study the other classes and how the majority of players move around with the, what weapons are drawn more, etc., Acting the part is essential to not being caught.Those are just the tip of the iceberg, and a lot less than what I'd like to give(That'd clutter the entire page though. :P ), if you have time, look up the "TF2 Espionage" spy tutorial videos. They're a very handy resource.Also, does anyone need any weapons? I recently realized I have a bunch of items I want to get description and nametags for to make custom, and that I want to paint most of my hats purple in football pride, so I'm trying to sell some of my duplicates to people to raise money to get them. List in acronym. Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png

Could someone invite me to the BZP steam group? My name is ectobiologist42. I assume this is where I'd ask, as the group is mainly for TF 2, right?I play TF 2 (F2P) and have portal 2.Also, what is the difference between F2P accounts and paid?

Edited by Roablin
banner.png

Hey, could someone send me an invite to the BZP group? I'm a "bought-to-play" guy and usually play Medic, Engi and Sniper.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Now that I've put more thought into it.. I'd have to say that any class can be really easy to play, it all depends on you, and who you are against, and of course the circumstances. But yes, Soldier can be easy to play. But now that I've put more thought into it, all of the classes are pretty much even.. Soo.. Speaking of which, Is there a way to take out a Soldier as a Scout, since Scout is my primary class, and when you told me to sneak up from behind, and get a couple of meat shots. Then book it. And get some farther away shots.(This was for the Pyro.) But the problem with this is.. The Soldier will turn around and shoot me once and I'm dead.. Nothing works. I play a Soldier as well, and it almost seems that the Soldier has no real weakness to the scout, it can just take it out in one shot. Of course the Scout could sneak up, but the Soldier could just turn around, and shoot once, and death. Especially if you are playing at a CTF map like Turbine. This also comes in with the Pyro too. The Pyro is able to just turn around and burn me, of course I can turn around and try to get away, but if I turn around, the backburner will destroy me.. And if I throw down the Mad Milk, it'll extinguish it for just a second, and then I'm gone anyway.

Guess who's back?

Not me.

The thing about the soldier is that he uses projectiles that explode on contact. Projectiles have larger hitboxes, and they have splash damage. This means that as a Scout, your speed will not really help you if he lands a lucky shot or manages to hit the ground near you. At least with a shotgun you get a second chance, but with rockets you are thrown around and set up for another shot.To kill a soldier, try to make sure that he has spent all his currently loaded rockets. If he sees you, hang back a bit and spam your pistol. If you are ambushing, let him "waste" his rockets at the enemy before BOOM, MEATSHOT! That will leave him with a very slow primary and only shotgun/melee for backup. Three good shots should drop him.From the sound of it, you actually stay around for a bit too long (!) after shooting. It's true that any decent player can just whip around and hit you, but by that time you should actually be going somewhere else already. What I see from meeting good scouts is that they often jump right over your head while you are spinning to find them, and if they then side-jump in the air you'll have a hard time predicting their landing. They also run all around me at almost-point blank, which means that I am frantically trying to find them (things appear to move much faster when they are in your face) while they hit me with a fatal shot.Scout dies relatively easily against aware classes, but a good Scout is a beast to face. I'm not a "beast Scout", so I can't give you all that many tips for playing him right, but just remember: You are a glass cannon. If you can't get the job done within the first second, retreat and try a different approach. Never, ever stop moving. Sometimes you don't need to kill directly, just weaken the target and let your team finish them off. Or do the opposite: find someone who is trying to retreat and then pop a shot in them.Scout is the best 1v1 class in the game, actually, but only in open terrain. If you are fighting in confined spaces, then splash damage will be your doom without a proper ambush.

Edited by Katuko

Ahh, Team Fortress 2, the only game that has more hats than I do.Is it just me, or is the soldier ridiculously easy to play?

Soldier isn't easier to play than any other class, aside from probably Spy (and Sniper if you're not patient). He has an average amount of health, average damage done, and average speed. If you get really good with him, then he's going to be easy to play, just like any other class (aside from Pyro, which seems easy to people who only use W+M1 (like me for a time)).

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*