A Bionicle Broadway Musical, anyone?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) You know, Bionicle is quite memorable, like the Disney movies, like Aladdin and The Lion Kong. Aladdin and The Lion King had Broadway musicals, which look scary, but if Bionicle were to have one, like how Ninjago had in 2016 sort of (it’s a shadow-based thing with Clouse and the dragon), that would be interesting. I am not a fan of Broadway musicals because they’re scary, but it would be interesting if Bionicle has one. 

If Bionicle were to have a Broadway musical, what theme would you like it to be based on? For me, well, I would go with the 2001 storyline, the 2004-2005 storylines mashed together, the 2009-2010 storylines mashed together to tell the story of the Great Spirit Mata Nui (The Legend Reborn would be Act 1 while the 2010 storyline would be Act 2), or, of course, G2 because it’s ridiculous short. Lol.:) 

If that could happen, I would imagine scary-looking costumes, the characters look much more human, and giant creepy props, like the Skopio and Vorox’s stingers. We could cry in tears, though. Don’t talk about future possibilities of a musical, please.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I don't know exactly how serious this topic is meant to be, but if it is I can't see Bionicle working as a musical, mainly because songs are expressions of feeling and emotion and Bionicle characters usually seem very emotionally restrained.

I mean, how many love songs are there going to be in a story where romance doesn't even exist?

Two things: 

1. Sorry for the multiple copies of the topic. 

2. I may be joking, but I am primarily just saying my ideas based on my experiences with other franchises, like Ninjago. Bionicle should some more stuff when or if it would come back. I’m sorry that I brought that silly thing, but hey, it would be interesting if a Bionicle were to happen. I mean, funky costume designs. A lot of popular franchises, like Disney movies, Ninjago, Shrek, Madagascar, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Spider-Man, get this kind of things for some reason when we are into theatrical movies and well-done TV shows. That’s crazy. I’m not a Broadway musical person and never went to plays much, but that would be interesting, despite me not wishing it to happen. We have a lot of Bionicle characters who show emotion in G1. I mean, the people in the Matoran Universe may be robots whose purpose is to help Mata Nui with his mission, but they have emotions, like normal human beings do. I imagine they would sing about it. Even Vakama and Takua would (I’m thinking the direct-to-video movies). People in Spherus Magna and Okoto people in G2 are much like humans as well. Just saying. If you guys do YouTube videos, you could understand. 

(Note: In Bionicle: The Game’s prologue, people in Mata Nui did do a play. Lol.)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I commend you for apologizing my friend, I know I've bumbled a bit since the forums reopened myself and thanks to a fellow member I was able to fix it before it went nuts. Anyway a musical doesn't necessarily need romance in it, there are many examples out there. Sure most musicals have romance and love songs but it needs not be a limitation but a option.

I like the old cartoons where you'd get musical numbers in them, like the Donkey Kong Country tv series (Sterling Jervis is a great singer) but again Bionicle I am not so sure it could do it, a Play isn't the same as Brodway I've been in ones with no music at all. So yeah interesting idea but ultimately I can't see it working.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

3 minutes ago, Sir Kohran said:

It seems to me most of Bionicle has been fairly plain exposition and action, with scenes of tenderness or reflection being quite rare.

Um are we going to ignore Vakama, Takua, even Matau? Those three really showed emotion a lot.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

6 minutes ago, Toa Komali said:

Um are we going to ignore Vakama, Takua, even Matau? Those three really showed emotion a lot.

I think you're only thinking of the first two films here, which do have some emotional scenes but I can't think of many outside of them. I mean, Takua doesn't even appear in much media outside MOL. Did Matau ever show much emotion?

32 minutes ago, Sir Kohran said:

Did Matau ever show much emotion?

Toa Metru Matau hits on Nokama in almost every piece of media he appears (even the ones Greg wrote).

I agree with the premise that Bionicle characters have a generally wider emotional range than they are generally given credit for; albeit I tend to dismiss Greg's novels and serials in favour of the films, the comics, and the web animations. Not that I disparage print media, I simply don't care much for Greg's style or how he handles the material. Faber's 'grand design' had a much greater impact on me than Farshtey's meandering quest narratives.

Even if we're just talking about Greg though, Vezon has a distinct personality (even if it's a personality that occasionally gets on my nerves); it's not hard to see him going all out for a villain song. He's crazy enough to do it, too.

6 minutes ago, Sir Kohran said:

This and all other romance was later decanonised.

Bah, I still like the idea of love in the setting. :o:eek::sick: No not like that you sickos, no if any of you have yet to read it I'll link it https://www.deviantart.com/nickonplanetripple/gallery/64101494/the-toa-a-bionicle-retelling

Nick has a great interpretation of the Early romance, they don't reproduce but having someone you'd like to always be with or to take care of mutually like Hewkii and Macku or Jaller and Hahli before the about face is not harmful. Heck it's quite like how children understand love, the have crushes but it has nothing more than being a really good friend they trust more than anyone else. My up coming project will follow this as well as allowing MU residents to have future generations, it is really a expansion on how Jaller was revived by Takutanuva I.E. two beings channel energy into a object (Matoran, Toa, Turaga it would be Kanohi) and a new instance of that species is created.

Greg mostly changed that concept to keep sick minds from messing with a otherwise wholesome concept.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

24 minutes ago, Sir Kohran said:

This and all other romance was later decanonised.

Canon matters not. At the end of the day, the Bionicle story is all self-contradictory fictional media; what Greg says didn't happen in his version of the story says more about Greg than it does about the story, especially since he wasn't the only creator.

I care more about the text than what the (not-even) author says about it. 

16 minutes ago, Mukaukau Nuva said:

Canon matters not. At the end of the day, the Bionicle story is all self-contradictory fictional media; what Greg says didn't happen in his version of the story says more about Greg than it does about the story, especially since he wasn't the only creator.

I care more about the text than what the (not-even) author says about it. 

I think it was more than just Greg, probably the whole story team decided there wasn't any romance, and their word is final.

I don't think Greg ever featured romance in any of his work.

15 minutes ago, Sir Kohran said:

I think it was more than just Greg, probably the whole story team decided there wasn't any romance, and their word is final.

I don't think Greg ever featured romance in any of his work.

The point being that non-canon =/= doesn't matter.

What matters is that it was released, watched, and people responded to it. The reactions, the impact it caused determines the work's importance, not the company who owns the work saying it "happened" or "didn't happen;" hence why the Star Wars Holiday Special and Star Wars: Clone Wars (the microseries) are still important even long after Lucas (and later Disney) declared them non-canon. They still impact how the audience perceives Star Wars, and they inform how new Star Wars media is written.

2 minutes ago, Mukaukau Nuva said:

The point being that non-canon =/= doesn't matter.

What matters is that it was released, watched, and people responded to it. The reactions, the impact it caused determines the work's importance, not the company who owns the work saying it "happened" or "didn't happen;" hence why the Star Wars Holiday Special and Star Wars: Clone Wars (the microseries) are still important even long after Lucas (and later Disney) declared them non-canon. They still impact how the audience perceives Star Wars, and they inform how new Star Wars media is written.

So all the non-canon stuff actually isn't? Were the All American Rejects actually held captive on Voya Nui after all?

29 minutes ago, Sir Kohran said:

So all the non-canon stuff actually isn't? Were the All American Rejects actually held captive on Voya Nui after all?

If they weren't eh, if they were the piraka had their defeat coming even without you know destroying everything. Move Along is a great song.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!