Hero Factory Discussion

Meiko

So anybody got any guesses to what this is all about? Social media is not something TLG has had the most success with in the past, but I'm curious what this particular project could entail.

Isn´t it obvious? It´s the arrival of HEROFEED AND HEROBOOK! :DKidding. But you never know. Anyway, nice find. You might want to report it to the news. ;)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

So anybody got any guesses to what this is all about? Social media is not something TLG has had the most success with in the past, but I'm curious what this particular project could entail.

Isn´t it obvious? It´s the arrival of HEROFEED AND HEROBOOK! :biggrin:~Gata. ;)
Completely seriously, I think that Herofeed and Herobook are the two most likely possibilities, especially since their last two "social" items (MLN and Lego Universe) have both been cancelled now, there's an opening for an official LEGO based one. I wonder how they would do it exactly to keep it kid friendly for all ages while keeping it from being restrictive. My big beef with MLN was that it was too restrictive in what you could say and it was too hard to progress through the levels past a certain point.

Isn´t it obvious? It´s the arrival of HEROFEED AND HEROBOOK! :biggrin:~Gata. ;)
Completely seriously, I think that Herofeed and Herobook are the two most likely possibilities, especially since their last two "social" items (MLN and Lego Universe) have both been cancelled now, there's an opening for an official LEGO based one. I wonder how they would do it exactly to keep it kid friendly for all ages while keeping it from being restrictive. My big beef with MLN was that it was too restrictive in what you could say and it was too hard to progress through the levels past a certain point.
I don't entirely expect a real Hero Factory social network, even something as basic and restrictive as My LEGO Network. The image that accompanies the article shows people from Advance building with Hero Factory parts, so I imagine building will somehow be involved, unless they're just brainstorming character designs. I'm wondering if it's an expansion of Hero Recon Team, or possibly some new way they plan to integrate LDD with the Hero Factory site.Social networking components could cover a range of things-- perhaps just an environment where you can control a figure you've built and interact with other people's figures like Second Life or the Nintendo 3DS's Mii Plaza. Or perhaps it will be something along the lines of My LEGO Network's BIONICLE campaign, where users as well as official characters have "profile pages" that they can navigate between to fulfill various quests.In any event I hope it's at least as fun as the Hero Factory "Mission" games, but perhaps with more RPG-like, story-driven gameplay like the Mata Nui Online Game. That would be a dream come true! But I won't get my hopes up for any particular type of experience-- as of right now, we don't know much beyond that there's something big planned in the near future.

Once it is officially announced what they're doing, I wonder when the thing in question will be released. If it's something awesome, I'd hate to have to wait.Though I'm already waiting to find out what it is in the first place.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

EDIT: Wait, the MLN got canceled? That's news to me.

Well, I don't think it was ever officially cancelled, just, fell into great disuse, and no new updates.
Yes, there are a lot of skelatons in Lego's online closet...and MLN, after completing the Bionicle campaign, was rather boring.

Isn´t it obvious? It´s the arrival of HEROFEED AND HEROBOOK! :biggrin:Kidding. But you never know. Anyway, nice find. You might want to report it to the news. ;)~Gata. ;)
Don't be silly. That's why LEGO made Rebrick. :PIt looks pretty cool, and I'll definitely keep my eyes open for more info on this.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Sorry if this is old; I looked through the forums and didn't find anything, but...I just found out that a certain company that creates contests for users to make media for large companies has been running a Hero Factory contest for LEGO. (I can't name the site in this post, since it has a discussion system, but search "Hero Factory video project" in Google; it's the first result.) The objective is to come up with a 30-90 second video for HF; users first submit a concept, then a pitch if that's selected, and finally the final video if their pitch qualifies. The winners for each round receive a cash prize, with the final winner receiving $8,000 for their video as well as a 5% residual if their winning video is adapted by LEGO. Runners-up will also receive prizes.Unfortunately, the deadline for the concept phase is rather soon, 3:00 PM CST on February 8th. Still, it's quite the opportunity for the creative HF fan.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

EIGHT THOUSAND?!?!?! DEADLINE FEBRUARY EIGHT?!?!?!?!?!??!! @#$%*&@%$#!&*&@%$#*&@$%$#*&%$#@&$#@%!!!!!!!!!...I better get crackin'. Seriously, though, it would be a little easier if Lego made this thing a little more public. It's kind of hard when the only access to these opportunities is when somebody stumbles upon it.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Yeah, it looks like the contest started just two days ago, too. Can't say I get this particular company's ad strategy, though they seem legit from a little Googling.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

LEGO isn't terribly good at the whole social media thing, are they?Not like it would have mattered here, unless we update some more... archaic rules.Anyhow, in other news, Aanch discovered a promo breakout comic, apparently done by the guy who does the Club Jr. magazine covers. http://hf.biosector01.com/wiki/Breakout!Nothing spectacularly fancy, but it's still something. The dialogue is about the same level as Comic 8's XP

Nice comic, thanks Aanchir and Dorek! :) I like the style of that artist. I wonder why he drew Rocka with Black Phantom´s helmet, though. :wacko:~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Wow. The problems with that comic.1) They're in their 3.0 forms. Not exactly a problem since that was they're last form featured (and last upgrade), but seeing them in animal armor is weird.2) Splitface has a Hero Core yet again. 3) Rocka with BP's helmet4) BP with a gold helm and Arachnix Drone.That's all I can point out at the moment. Oh well, it's a non-canon comic for kids. Art style's nice, though.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

Toxic Reapa is wearing one too =P. Maybe it's a sign of their imprisonment, or something.Regardless, along the same lines, the US Jan-Feb magazine is also online (didn't see that cover, though =P) with part one of the main series Breakout comic available. If anybody wants to extract it without text boxes (which it's obviously capable of, though Flash tends to be a pain in the butt to work with; i sure can't) it would be much appreciated. It's a little compressed, but it would be better than nothing. Can't find the PDF link, either, which is usually there.

Edited by Dorek

They've shown that one a few times already, they just switch out their product animations from time to time. It's a funny video, though.From the Toyfair catalogue (cholie I love youuuuuu)Nex: "precision laser cutter" and "high impact shoulder armor" are the names of his new weapons/armor. Nothing else new.XT4: Flees to home planet of "Mechna", four arms, with "razor disc slicers" "two striking blades" and "laser slicer".Stringer: "suited in advanced amplified armor" (unsure if generic use of "amplified", or specific reference to guitar equipment), sonic speakers, a powerful sonic blaster (also revealed in a short vs video which you guys can see here (last one) if you want).Core Hunter: Apparently "on the loose" in Makuhero City to "disable as many heroes as possible". Plasma shooter (a terribly generic name for all the guns in this wave; unlikely to be explained why the villains have them, but still), "multivision mask", "razor spike armor", and (you will all love this) "his hero core remover tool". Also, the prelim pic has a string of Hero heads around him, so that's just a fantastic vision altogether.Stormer XL: Equipped with "some of the most advanced equipment", including a "power sword", plasma blaster, and some "scout drones". The latter sounds like his little wing-jet armor pieces, since he was seen without a particular unit in one of the shots from the breakout movie.Speeda Demon: Escapes to the ice planet "Kollix IV" on his "nitro rocket motorbike", which apparently features "wing blades" (dunno what those are; the syntax makes it sound like it's still talking about the bike, but it might have switched to describing the set as a whole, in which case, they would be those stubby slicers of arms) "lightning bolt handlebars" (easy to see what those are, but still hilarious to read) "razor wheels" and "nitro exhaust".Bulk: "Powerful missile launcher", "high-impact shoulder armor" (how very original), and "pinpoint laser targeting".Voltix: Currently trying to disrupt a power supply (what it's powering, I have no idea) at "Tansari VI energy collection array". Weapons are "ball shooting volt blaster", "dangerous lightning whip", and a "voltage booster switch" (also no idea as to what that represents).Keep in mind, these went along with preliminary pictures, but it sounds like these are pretty finalized descriptions, especially when they clash with the prelim pictures.Edit: Has it really been that long since anybody has posted in this topic? Yeesh. I'd apologize for double posting, but this place needs to liven up.

Edited by bonesiii
Merging double post. --bones

Core Hunter has a hero cornered, he slowly walks up to him and says "Prepare to feel the wrath of my HERO CORE REMOVER TOOL!" They could've given it a better name than that, like 'hero core extractor' or something. But the idea of him going around Makuhero City and 'disabling' every hero he sees is pretty interesitng.I think that XT4 should've had his two striking blades on his upper arms and his laser and saw on his lower arms, instead of having one blade and the laser on his upper arms and the other blade and the saw on his lower arms. Unless I am looking at the pictures of him wrong.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

So, I guess this mean Core Hunter actually has disabled Heroes before.That's kinda dark if you think about it. By human standards, that's like ripping someone's heart out.Core Hunter just got much, much cooler.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

So, I guess this mean Core Hunter actually has disabled Heroes before.That's kinda dark if you think about it. By human standards, that's like ripping someone's heart out.Core Hunter just got much, much cooler.Kalhiki

That's exactly what I thought when I first found out about him; even if the carnage is only implied, it's still a lot darker than anything HF has done before. And it is wonderful. "But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Core Hunter is essentially our first villain who's an out-and-out serial killer.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wait, wait, wait. Woah, back up everyone. Looking through those character spots...Did I just see Jawblade punching Stormer repeatedly? With that ridiculously oversized head? OH COME ON! How am I meant to take that seriously? At all? That just looks hilarious, but not in the good way.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Wait, wait, wait. Woah, back up everyone. Looking through those character spots...Did I just see Jawblade punching Stormer repeatedly? With that ridiculously oversized head? OH COME ON! How am I meant to take that seriously? At all? That just looks hilarious, but not in the good way.

I don't remember Jawblade's head looking so big in the other animation. He looks strange in his character spot.And I think I might know what that 'voltage booster switch' on Voltix is supposed to be. On his back there is a half-rectangle shaped frame with those lightning pieces coming out of the corners, which in CGI images is facing upwards. But in some of the toyfair pictures the frame and lightning is facing downwards. So either they just built Voltix wrong, or he has a giant switch on his back.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

Jawblade looks so incrediby hilarious punching Stormer that it´s fun again. :P~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Jawblade looks so incrediby hilarious punching Stormer that it´s fun again. :P~Gata. ;)
Yes, but that entire scene looks strangely out-of-place, considering that Stormer is in his 2.0 form sans waterjets. On the other hand, it isn't really that surprising, seeing as most of the HF comedy is made at Stormer's expense. *looks at Speed Builder Testing video*

Yes, but that entire scene looks strangely out-of-place, considering that Stormer is in his 2.0 form sans waterjets. On the other hand, it isn't really that surprising, seeing as most of the HF comedy is made at Stormer's expense. *looks at Speed Builder Testing video*
Why should he have waterjets? That scene takes place inside the Hero Factory prison.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Why should he have waterjets? That scene takes place inside the Hero Factory prison.~Gata. ;)
Good question.*knocks head on wall* That makes it even more hilarious. A shark, out of water, punching a Hero. Well, I guess Jawblade doesn't breathe water...they are robots.

Good question.*knocks head on wall* That makes it even more hilarious. A shark, out of water, punching a Hero. Well, I guess Jawblade doesn't breathe water...they are robots.
The official site did say that Jawblade can survive on land and move from place to place by waddling around on his fins. He just looks silly whilst doing so. AND HOW. Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh lord, they're still making the Hero Factory show?

It´s barely a show anymore, as there aren´t more than one or two episodes per story chapter anymore. In fact, I doubt it could have ever been called an actual TV series. They are still making episodes, though, and I hope they will continue to do so as long as HERO Factory exists. The TV specials have so far succeeded more to tell the story than comics or other media could.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Oh lord, they're still making the Hero Factory show?

It´s barely a show anymore, as there aren´t more than one or two episodes per story chapter anymore. In fact, I doubt it could have ever been called an actual TV series. They are still making episodes, though, and I hope they will continue to do so as long as HERO Factory exists. The TV specials have so far succeeded more to tell the story than comics or other media could.~Gata. ;)
I think the show needs some major improvement, such as the humor and voice acting.

I think the voice acting isn't so much the problem (although it does seem like it could be improved). I think the voice casting and directing are more of an issue. The "show's" real fault is the slathering of stupid humor one-liners (Get down, as in boogie?, etc), the thin, plot-hole filled story, and the apparent refusal to do anything too scary for kids under six or so.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I think the voice acting isn't so much the problem (although it does seem like it could be improved). I think the voice casting and directing are more of an issue. The "show's" real fault is the slathering of stupid humor one-liners (Get down, as in boogie?, etc), the thin, plot-hole filled story, and the apparent refusal to do anything too scary for kids under six or so.

Yes, this is exactly what I meant.

In terms of scary stuff, I think Hero Factory does fine without it. It's a more lighthearted story by nature, and I appreciate that.As far as voice acting/voice casting/voice direction, I think that's mostly good as well, although I prefer Zib's voice from Hero Factory FM to his voice in the TV episodes, and it's terrible when jokes are written around the voices instead of the characters like in the case of Stringer's "cattle wrangling" joke, which is as infamous as it is inexplicable (OK, maybe not quite as infamous).The one-liners bother me a lot as well, especially those in Savage Planet since there were one-liners in some sources (like here) that were just as cheesy but made far more sense for the characters than the ones in the episode itself. I was one person who wasn't extremely bothered by the fact that Savage Planet's animals talked, but I was bothered by the fact that they seemed to have been given voices for the sole purpose of creating new outlets for terrible one-liners.Anyway, there's a new topic here in the Media Discussion subforum where this conversation would fit better.On another note, the Toys 'R' Us Hong Kong microsite has updated for 2012 at last!

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

You guys were expecting any better? It's our main medium for plot, so I'm not complaining. SP had some bad moments, sure, but it's not like we're the target age group.

True, but several of my younger siblings are in the target age group (and are HF fans, I might add), and most of them agree that the show is awful."But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

In terms of scary stuff, I think Hero Factory does fine without it. It's a more lighthearted story by nature, and I appreciate that.As far as voice acting/voice casting/voice direction, I think that's mostly good as well, although I prefer Zib's voice from Hero Factory FM to his voice in the TV episodes, and it's terrible when jokes are written around the voices instead of the characters like in the case of Stringer's "cattle wrangling" joke, which is as infamous as it is inexplicable (OK, maybe not quite as infamous).The one-liners bother me a lot as well, especially those in Savage Planet since there were one-liners in some sources (like here) that were just as cheesy but made far more sense for the characters than the ones in the episode itself. I was one person who wasn't extremely bothered by the fact that Savage Planet's animals talked, but I was bothered by the fact that they seemed to have been given voices for the sole purpose of creating new outlets for terrible one-liners.Anyway, there's a new topic here in the Media Discussion subforum where this conversation would fit better.On another note, the Toys 'R' Us Hong Kong microsite has updated for 2012 at last!

y u no like the Fonz?Also that microsite has been updated for a few weeks now. Did I not mention it? ^^;

You guys were expecting any better? It's our main medium for plot, so I'm not complaining. SP had some bad moments, sure, but it's not like we're the target age group.

True, but several of my younger siblings are in the target age group (and are HF fans, I might add), and most of them agree that the show is awful."But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"
And you could probably list off some other TV shows that they do like that we wouldn't otherwise =P. Obviously it can't be to everybody's taste, but I'll assume it's doing well enough to warrant further episodes.

Tell me you wouldn't like to see somebody die a horrible death. Just a little.