Hero Factory Discussion

Meiko

Tell me you wouldn't like to see somebody die a horrible death. Just a little.

Ehhh, not really. It's a kids show, and while I'm fully of the opinion that kids can handle death and a moderate amount of violence/mature themes (Avatar: The Last Airbender is a show I love a great deal), I see no reason why it would be better just by making it edgier, with more violence and traumatic injuries. Sure, it'd be different, but a show can be good (or mediocre, in HF's case) with or without that type of thing.

Ehhh, not really. It's a kids show, and while I'm fully of the opinion that kids can handle death and a moderate amount of violence/mature themes (Avatar: The Last Airbender is a show I love a great deal), I see no reason why it would be better just by making it edgier, with more violence and traumatic injuries. Sure, it'd be different, but a show can be good (or mediocre, in HF's case) with or without that type of thing.
I think Mr. Zaz is referring to the fact that some of the characters are so annoying (or at least seem to be annoying) so much that some people would like to senselessly murder them.I disagree with that; those characters are fairly like-able to me. I would like to give them more development, however, and I do not see how that would be accomplished by senselessly killing them off.

I think Mr. Zaz is referring to the fact that some of the characters are so annoying (or at least seem to be annoying) so much that some people would like to senselessly murder them.I disagree with that; those characters are fairly like-able to me. I would like to give them more development, however, and I do not see how that would be accomplished by senselessly killing them off.
No, I meant that I'd like the show to be a little more violent to make the show darker and more entertaining. However, I'd love to see a couple of the more obnoxious characters (especially Surge) die horribly, too.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Anyone got the club mag yet? Apparently there is a game guide for Breakout in it... (it's HF-themed too!)

Which one? January-February 2012? I didn't see a game guide in that one, but there is a Breakout comic. If you mean the March-April edition, no, I haven't gotten it yet. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

No, I meant that I'd like the show to be a little more violent to make the show darker and more entertaining. However, I'd love to see a couple of the more obnoxious characters (especially Surge) die horribly, too.
I can´t see the slightest pleasure from seeing a character die horribly, to be honest. I think a show can be more entertaining without being violent. Take a look at the NINJAGO TV series, for example. Whether a show is good or not depends on the writing, not on violence, even in a show like this where battles are significant to the plot. And the writing is something that could definitely be improved for HF, as LEGO has proven they can write good stories with the currently running NINJAGO TV series.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Ah, horrible deaths. How quaint. I can think of more entertaining fates for irritating characters. (And I have. When I'm done with The Before Trilogy, I'm probably gonna make an over the top dark Hero Factory series.)I know I'm late to the topic, but I think the problem with the TV Show is the awful writing AND the bad voice acting. I still can't get Furno's empty and uninterested "Noooooo..." from Ordeal of Fire out of my head. It just hurts to watch, probably intensified by the absolute stupidity of the villains early before. "Hey, that one hero there is slowly destroying tiny crates of fuel.""Let's abandon these potential hostages so we can ALL go over and make him our hostage."

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Ohay look new website background. Digging it.

It looks like that they are actually putting those HS01 videos on the front page where we can see them...I think they are going to be shifting the emphasis between individual battles on a one-at-a-time basis; first Rocka, then Furno. If they are going in the order of the Breakout game, I imagine Evo is next...memory fuzzy...

And what has just aired in Germany was...Breakout Part 1! :D Expect extensive footage very soon. :) Unfortunately, I´m not sure I will be able to uplaod the entire episode, mostly because I have already been warned for uploading two NINJAGO episodes. You will, however, get some excerpts, a summary and many screenshots until I ask Nick if they are fine with me uploading the episode. But I can already tell you that there must be three parts of Breakout as none of the villains was caught in this episode and there is no space for the other Heros in the next episode. Besides that, Speeda Demon was insane. :P I suppose Breakout Part 2 will air tomorrow and Part 3 sometime in Fall. Some other spoilers:

Apparently, Voltix released the black hole, although the way he did made no sense at all. He released some sort of lightning/energy/cloudy-thingy with Von Nebula on it which travelled to the Black Hole Staff, releasing it. :wacko:

~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Actually, there will be four TV show episodes in 2012. Breakout, parts 1 & 2, and The Box, parts 1 & 2.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Breakout Part 2 aired today. It was the best episode so far with some nice plot twists.

Rocka is a member of HRT. Also, Von Nebula appears to be the actual mastermind behind the Breakout and the ending makes it almost certain that he will return in a future episode. :)

~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Does the big VN make an appearance? If so, I sure hope Mark Hamill was around....Why am I reading spoiler tags, I don't want this to be ruined for me. T_T

He does, but you won´t hear more than laughter from him. Anyway, it seems the Breakout was only part of a major scheme, so Von Nebula is sure to return.

~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

So, I was trying to find out a bit more about the Breakout episodes, and I found a site that had 3 episodes listed for season three of Hero Factory.

Why does the cast for 'Rampant Oceans' (episode 2) say that there are characters called 'Electro', 'Flatray', and 'Crushclaw'? This episode's title makes it sound like its mainly focusing on Jawblade and Furno, so what's with those names that I've never heard before. I know that Gatanui has seen this episode, do you know what this is about?

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

So, I was trying to find out a bit more about the Breakout episodes, and I found a site that had 3 episodes listed for season three of Hero Factory.

Why does the cast for 'Rampant Oceans' (episode 2) say that there are characters called 'Electro', 'Flatray', and 'Crushclaw'? This episode's title makes it sound like its mainly focusing on Jawblade and Furno, so what's with those names that I've never heard before. I know that Gatanui has seen this episode, do you know what this is about?

Those are purported episodes for the 2013 TV specials. Basically, the next year of Hero Factory sets. They're grouped in with Breakout because Breakout has two (or three?) parts, but imdb counts it as one episode.Basically, if that episode is even legitimate, those names are the names of 2013 sets.

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Those are purported episodes for the 2013 TV specials. Basically, the next year of Hero Factory sets. They're grouped in with Breakout because Breakout has two (or three?) parts, but imdb counts it as one episode.Basically, if that episode is even legitimate, those names are the names of 2013 sets.

-Mesonak

Where do you get those names from? I can´t find them anywhere. They could simply be referring to Voltix, Jawblade and Splitface. Anyway, what I have watched is the Breakout episode divided in two parts, but I suppose they still count as one single episode.EDIT: Nevermind, just seen them. Nice find. That´s really odd, these could indeed be 2013 set names, although they could just as well be preliminary names, either for 2012 or 2013. Also, I´m wondering where the episode with Core Hunter and the others is?

~Gata. ;)

Edited by Germanopaidogogophobia

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I don't think that's legit. From what I can tell, after the two "Breakout" episodes, it's a two-parter called "The Box."

• 3 weeks later...

http://club.lego.com/en-US/insidescoop/InsideScoopDetails.aspx?id=415740It's good stuff (not quite short stories that we were promised, but if they're regular updates, I can dig it), but I can't make heads or tails of the names "Alpha" and "Omega". Are they team names? Personal names? A first and last name of a particular Recon agent? Anybody have some insights into this?

So VOLTIX here (they seem to really like saying this in caps) does have a significant role in the story. Even the game guide mentions him.Inside scoop story:

Even when Rocka and Furno were sent out after VOLTIX, that was over before the Recon Teams got equipped. We should have known something was wrong right there, it was too easy. Of course, he was letting himself get captured!

Game guide:

Using the power of Von Nebula's staff, VOLTIX has opened a vortex portal deep in the heart of HERO FACTORY, disrupting the security around the Villain Storage Area! Despite the best efforts of ALPHA TEAM, this triggered a mass BREAKOUT of the Galaxy's worst Super-Villains and the biggest track & trace operation in HERO FACTORY history!

EDIT: For Iphone users there is an exclusive bonus level called "The Foundry". More info here. Edited by unknown_user2596

EDIT: For Iphone users there is an exclusive bonus level called "The Foundry". More info here.

I think that is the standard HF iDevice game. I've beaten it. Although the game code is nice to know, but I haven't gotten into the computer version of Breakout as much. It's kinda boring to me; not sure why.This could be the exclusive that collecting all the "secret items" in the computer game gets you, however. Nice find.

When Gata Nui is going to upload the entire episode?

I don´t think I will, sorry. One, the filesize would be too large for the server to handle a large number of downloads for it and two, I don´t have the time to make subtitles for the entire movie. :( There have been uploads on other places, though.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I don´t think I will, sorry. One, the filesize would be too large for the server to handle a large number of downloads for it and two, I don´t have the time to make subtitles for the entire movie. :( There have been uploads on other places, though.-Gata signoff.jpg

If only there were some website where you could upload full videos without downloading them... :rolleyes:

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

If only there were some website where you could upload full videos without downloading them... :rolleyes:
I see where you´re coming from. :sly: I´ve already been warned for uploading two full Ninjago episodes in German, though, and I don´t want to risk losing my account.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 2 weeks later...

I´m very glad it´s finally aired for you guys in the US. :) Personally, Breakout is my favourite episode, although I´m not at all pleased with how they released Von Nebula as it barely makes sense. :PThey really need to announce when these air.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Why don't they announce the air date of these? Must really hurt their ratings. Thank god I've got Tivo or I'd've missed it...So. The episode. Pros: better (sort of) animation, more entertaining fight scenes, a little more violence, nice ending.Cons: ...What the heck just happened? Von Nebula just... comes out of Voltix... then the black hole suddenly appears out of nowhere... what? Then, later, Zib is saying something about the Quaza not working because Black Phantom is evil (The quaza has a bias now? So it's intelligent? But it worked for Witch Doctor...), and then Black Phantom or Zib say something about "anti-quaza" and Black Phantom just zapped everyone for no reason? This plot makes no freaking sense. I can usually suspend disbelief for this show (usually, if the plot in a Lego movie is competent enough for me to stop having to suspend disbelief and actually start questioning it, like Ninjago, it's a good thing), but this just made no sense at all. Hopefully the episode in the summer will be better...As far as the new voices go... I actually kind of liked Voltix; Splitface was passable; Black Phantom was kind of "eh;" Toxic Reapa was what I should of expected, I guess; Jawblade sounded kind of dumb, frankly; and Speeda Demon was godawful. Then there's Evo. On one hand, I kind of like a Hero who actually sounds like a regular guy, and doesn't have some kind of annoying dialect or whatever just because the voice actors aren't skilled enough to differentiate them well. On the other hand, I really didn't mind the Japanese accent he had in Ordeal of Fire, and this actor sounded a little... dull, I guess. Why couldn't this guy have replaced Surge, who, inexplicably, seems to have gotten more annoying since we've seen him (although, thankfully, Rocka and the reporter toned their act down a little). Oh, well. No gorrilaphants this time, at least.Overall, better than Savage Planet and (I guess) Ordeal of Fire.

Edited by bonesiii

Sooo... I've seen some of the movie/screening,

<P>and I think it's awesome that they put a mastermind in control of thebreakout. I also think it's cool that Rocka has become a HRT member (just myopinion/bias). However, I think Von Nebula is the wrong guy to be put in charge.Von Nebula was never given a real reason for hating Hero Factory so much. Why inthe world would a guy decide to stage a breakout when he doesn't have a realmotive? Also, I wonder if Nebula was ever in the staff at all. How could he getout in the first place? I wonder if Nebula manifested himself in voltix, thenpopped out during his capture to retreive his staff. The staff overload causedeverything to shut down, then Black Phantom (possibly controlled by Nebulahimself) got out and downloaded the blueprints to the secret hideout. But here'sthe other plothole. You can track downloads and offloads, right? So why doesn'tZib track the download down, then send in alpha team to strike? </P><P> </P><P>I guess the only reason any of this works is because it's a kid show, andwe're probably overthinking it.</P>

-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

For anyone who can't find an English version of Breakout online, I found part one here.I think there were alot of cheesy moments in this episode, but it was still pretty good. I don't like a few of the voice actors, though. (Splitface's organic side didn't seem right, Speeda Demon was okay, and did Surge's voice get even higher?) But I think that some of the other ones were good, like Voltix and Evo's new voice. Also, Furno seems to be really full of himself in this episode.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

For anyone who can't find an English version of Breakout online, I found part one here.I think there were alot of cheesy moments in this episode, but it was still pretty good. I don't like a few of the voice actors, though. (Splitface's organic side didn't seem right, Speeda Demon was okay, and did Surge's voice get even higher?) But I think that some of the other ones were good, like Voltix and Evo's new voice. Also, Furno seems to be really full of himself in this episode.

The video is not working at all for me- it just keeps loading.

The video is not working at all for me- it just keeps loading.
The entire episode can be watched here by US residents, try that one.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png