• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Hero Factory Discussion

Hero Factory

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#241 Offline Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,380 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2012 - 08:15 PM

Tell me you wouldn't like to see somebody die a horrible death. Just a little.

Ehhh, not really. It's a kids show, and while I'm fully of the opinion that kids can handle death and a moderate amount of violence/mature themes (Avatar: The Last Airbender is a show I love a great deal), I see no reason why it would be better just by making it edgier, with more violence and traumatic injuries. Sure, it'd be different, but a show can be good (or mediocre, in HF's case) with or without that type of thing.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#242 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,291 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 28 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ehhh, not really. It's a kids show, and while I'm fully of the opinion that kids can handle death and a moderate amount of violence/mature themes (Avatar: The Last Airbender is a show I love a great deal), I see no reason why it would be better just by making it edgier, with more violence and traumatic injuries. Sure, it'd be different, but a show can be good (or mediocre, in HF's case) with or without that type of thing.

I think Mr. Zaz is referring to the fact that some of the characters are so annoying (or at least seem to be annoying) so much that some people would like to senselessly murder them.I disagree with that; those characters are fairly like-able to me. I would like to give them more development, however, and I do not see how that would be accomplished by senselessly killing them off.

#243 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 29 2012 - 03:03 PM

I think Mr. Zaz is referring to the fact that some of the characters are so annoying (or at least seem to be annoying) so much that some people would like to senselessly murder them.I disagree with that; those characters are fairly like-able to me. I would like to give them more development, however, and I do not see how that would be accomplished by senselessly killing them off.

No, I meant that I'd like the show to be a little more violent to make the show darker and more entertaining. However, I'd love to see a couple of the more obnoxious characters (especially Surge) die horribly, too.

#244 Offline unknown_user2596

unknown_user2596
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 334 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 29 2012 - 07:00 PM

Anyone got the club mag yet? Apparently there is a game guide for Breakout in it... (it's HF-themed too!)

#245 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,007 posts

Posted Feb 29 2012 - 10:25 PM

Anyone got the club mag yet? Apparently there is a game guide for Breakout in it... (it's HF-themed too!)

Which one? January-February 2012? I didn't see a game guide in that one, but there is a Breakout comic. If you mean the March-April edition, no, I haven't gotten it yet.

Edited by Meiko, Feb 29 2012 - 10:29 PM.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#246 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 29 2012 - 10:29 PM

Presumably he was referring to the March-April one, since it's about time for those to be showing up. Obviously there's no game guide in the Jan-Feb one, nor is it HF themed =P

Posted Image

#247 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 01 2012 - 10:22 AM

No, I meant that I'd like the show to be a little more violent to make the show darker and more entertaining. However, I'd love to see a couple of the more obnoxious characters (especially Surge) die horribly, too.

I can´t see the slightest pleasure from seeing a character die horribly, to be honest. I think a show can be more entertaining without being violent. Take a look at the NINJAGO TV series, for example. Whether a show is good or not depends on the writing, not on violence, even in a show like this where battles are significant to the plot. And the writing is something that could definitely be improved for HF, as LEGO has proven they can write good stories with the currently running NINJAGO TV series.~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui, Mar 01 2012 - 10:33 AM.

Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#248 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Mar 01 2012 - 04:00 PM

Ah, horrible deaths. How quaint. I can think of more entertaining fates for irritating characters. (And I have. When I'm done with The Before Trilogy, I'm probably gonna make an over the top dark Hero Factory series.)I know I'm late to the topic, but I think the problem with the TV Show is the awful writing AND the bad voice acting. I still can't get Furno's empty and uninterested "Noooooo..." from Ordeal of Fire out of my head. It just hurts to watch, probably intensified by the absolute stupidity of the villains early before. "Hey, that one hero there is slowly destroying tiny crates of fuel.""Let's abandon these potential hostages so we can ALL go over and make him our hostage."

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#249 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2012 - 04:45 PM

Ohay look new website background. Digging it.

Posted Image

#250 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member

• 4,291 posts

Posted Mar 01 2012 - 08:55 PM

Ohay look new website background. Digging it.

It looks like that they are actually putting those HS01 videos on the front page where we can see them...I think they are going to be shifting the emphasis between individual battles on a one-at-a-time basis; first Rocka, then Furno. If they are going in the order of the Breakout game, I imagine Evo is next...memory fuzzy...

#251 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 03 2012 - 06:07 AM

And what has just aired in Germany was...Breakout Part 1! :D Expect extensive footage very soon. :) Unfortunately, I´m not sure I will be able to uplaod the entire episode, mostly because I have already been warned for uploading two NINJAGO episodes. You will, however, get some excerpts, a summary and many screenshots until I ask Nick if they are fine with me uploading the episode. But I can already tell you that there must be three parts of Breakout as none of the villains was caught in this episode and there is no space for the other Heros in the next episode. Besides that, Speeda Demon was insane. :P I suppose Breakout Part 2 will air tomorrow and Part 3 sometime in Fall. Some other spoilers:
Spoiler
~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui, Mar 03 2012 - 07:13 AM.

Posted Image

#252 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2012 - 08:38 AM

Actually, there will be four TV show episodes in 2012. Breakout, parts 1 & 2, and The Box, parts 1 & 2.

#253 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 04 2012 - 06:39 AM

Breakout Part 2 aired today. It was the best episode so far with some nice plot twists.
Spoiler
~Gata. ;)

Posted Image

#254 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Mar 04 2012 - 08:37 AM

Spoiler

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#255 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 04 2012 - 10:58 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui, Mar 04 2012 - 11:00 AM.

Posted Image

#256 Offline Nuvaguy

Nuvaguy
  • Members
  • Toa

• 177 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2012 - 05:59 PM

So, I was trying to find out a bit more about the Breakout episodes, and I found a site that had 3 episodes listed for season three of Hero Factory.
Spoiler

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
"Wuh?"

#257 Online Mesonak

Mesonak
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,774 posts

Posted Mar 04 2012 - 06:15 PM

So, I was trying to find out a bit more about the Breakout episodes, and I found a site that had 3 episodes listed for season three of Hero Factory.

Spoiler

Spoiler
-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#258 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 05 2012 - 08:58 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
-Mesonak

Spoiler
~Gata. ;)

Edited by Germanopaidogogophobia, Mar 05 2012 - 03:42 PM.

Posted Image

#259 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2012 - 04:17 PM

I don't think that's legit. From what I can tell, after the two "Breakout" episodes, it's a two-parter called "The Box."

#260 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2012 - 04:11 PM

http://club.lego.com....aspx?id=415740It's good stuff (not quite short stories that we were promised, but if they're regular updates, I can dig it), but I can't make heads or tails of the names "Alpha" and "Omega". Are they team names? Personal names? A first and last name of a particular Recon agent? Anybody have some insights into this?

Posted Image

#261 Offline unknown_user2596

unknown_user2596
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 334 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2012 - 09:34 PM

So VOLTIX here (they seem to really like saying this in caps) does have a significant role in the story. Even the game guide mentions him.Inside scoop story:

Even when Rocka and Furno were sent out after VOLTIX, that was over before the Recon Teams got equipped. We should have known something was wrong right there, it was too easy. Of course, he was letting himself get captured!

Game guide:

Using the power of Von Nebula's staff, VOLTIX has opened a vortex portal deep in the heart of HERO FACTORY, disrupting the security around the Villain Storage Area! Despite the best efforts of ALPHA TEAM, this triggered a mass BREAKOUT of the Galaxy's worst Super-Villains and the biggest track & trace operation in HERO FACTORY history!

EDIT: For Iphone users there is an exclusive bonus level called "The Foundry". More info here.

Edited by unknown_user2596, Mar 21 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#262 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2012 - 09:39 PM

Which game guide is that?

Posted Image

#263 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member

• 4,291 posts

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 11:03 PM

EDIT: For Iphone users there is an exclusive bonus level called "The Foundry". More info here.

I think that is the standard HF iDevice game. I've beaten it. Although the game code is nice to know, but I haven't gotten into the computer version of Breakout as much. It's kinda boring to me; not sure why.This could be the exclusive that collecting all the "secret items" in the computer game gets you, however. Nice find.

#264 Offline Nex 4.0

Nex 4.0
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2012 - 08:20 AM

When Gata Nui is going to upload the entire episode?

#265 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 28 2012 - 11:33 AM

When Gata Nui is going to upload the entire episode?

I don´t think I will, sorry. One, the filesize would be too large for the server to handle a large number of downloads for it and two, I don´t have the time to make subtitles for the entire movie. :( There have been uploads on other places, though.-Gata Posted Image

Posted Image

#266 Offline Chols

Chols
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,726 posts

Posted Mar 28 2012 - 12:20 PM

I don´t think I will, sorry. One, the filesize would be too large for the server to handle a large number of downloads for it and two, I don´t have the time to make subtitles for the entire movie. :( There have been uploads on other places, though.-Gata Posted Image

If only there were some website where you could upload full videos without downloading them... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Latest MOC: Ol' Dusty

#267 Offline Nex 4.0

Nex 4.0
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2012 - 01:59 PM

That's a pity, because we still have no word on when the english version will be aired. Well as I know there were already some uploads of the episode in Polish and German...

#268 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Mar 28 2012 - 03:26 PM

If only there were some website where you could upload full videos without downloading them... :rolleyes:

I see where you´re coming from. :sly: I´ve already been warned for uploading two full Ninjago episodes in German, though, and I don´t want to risk losing my account.-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, Mar 28 2012 - 03:28 PM.

Posted Image

#269 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 06:55 PM

So apparently Breakout airs in a few minutes, and later on as well (for west coast; it already premiered once in the east coast and in five minutes is the second showing for the east coast). Enjoy?

Posted Image

#270 Offline giantpurplejerkface

giantpurplejerkface
  • Members

• 4,122 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 07:07 PM

Weird there was no announcement or anything... Oh well, looking forward to seeing the English version.

plop

#271 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members

• 5,830 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 09:20 PM

Not too bad of an episode. More plot-hole-ish than usual, if only because there were so many things unexplained. Some interesting stuff happening though, and hopefully they pick it up where they left off soon.

Posted Image

#272 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 05:53 AM

Oh good, if it's finally aired, that'll mean it'll be online soon....Not that I condone that sort of thing. <_<>_>

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

#273 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 06:46 AM

I´m very glad it´s finally aired for you guys in the US. :) Personally, Breakout is my favourite episode, although I´m not at all pleased with how they released Von Nebula as it barely makes sense. :PThey really need to announce when these air.-Gata Posted Image

Posted Image

#274 Offline Nex 4.0

Nex 4.0
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 16 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 09:04 AM

I'm very excited! When is it going to be uploaded?

#275 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 09:32 AM

Why don't they announce the air date of these? Must really hurt their ratings. Thank god I've got Tivo or I'd've missed it...So. The episode. Pros: better (sort of) animation, more entertaining fight scenes, a little more violence, nice ending.Cons: ...What the heck just happened? Von Nebula just... comes out of Voltix... then the black hole suddenly appears out of nowhere... what? Then, later, Zib is saying something about the Quaza not working because Black Phantom is evil (The quaza has a bias now? So it's intelligent? But it worked for Witch Doctor...), and then Black Phantom or Zib say something about "anti-quaza" and Black Phantom just zapped everyone for no reason? This plot makes no freaking sense. I can usually suspend disbelief for this show (usually, if the plot in a Lego movie is competent enough for me to stop having to suspend disbelief and actually start questioning it, like Ninjago, it's a good thing), but this just made no sense at all. Hopefully the episode in the summer will be better...As far as the new voices go... I actually kind of liked Voltix; Splitface was passable; Black Phantom was kind of "eh;" Toxic Reapa was what I should of expected, I guess; Jawblade sounded kind of dumb, frankly; and Speeda Demon was godawful. Then there's Evo. On one hand, I kind of like a Hero who actually sounds like a regular guy, and doesn't have some kind of annoying dialect or whatever just because the voice actors aren't skilled enough to differentiate them well. On the other hand, I really didn't mind the Japanese accent he had in Ordeal of Fire, and this actor sounded a little... dull, I guess. Why couldn't this guy have replaced Surge, who, inexplicably, seems to have gotten more annoying since we've seen him (although, thankfully, Rocka and the reporter toned their act down a little). Oh, well. No gorrilaphants this time, at least.Overall, better than Savage Planet and (I guess) Ordeal of Fire.

Edited by bonesiii, Apr 09 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#276 Offline Elrond of Rivendell

Elrond of Rivendell
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 10:31 AM

Sooo... I've seen some of the movie/screening,
Spoiler
-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

#277 Offline Nuvaguy

Nuvaguy
  • Members
  • Toa

• 177 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 09:28 PM

For anyone who can't find an English version of Breakout online, I found part one here.I think there were alot of cheesy moments in this episode, but it was still pretty good. I don't like a few of the voice actors, though. (Splitface's organic side didn't seem right, Speeda Demon was okay, and did Surge's voice get even higher?) But I think that some of the other ones were good, like Voltix and Evo's new voice. Also, Furno seems to be really full of himself in this episode.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
"Wuh?"

#278 Offline unknown_user2596

unknown_user2596
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 334 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 11:46 PM

For anyone who can't find an English version of Breakout online, I found part one here.I think there were alot of cheesy moments in this episode, but it was still pretty good. I don't like a few of the voice actors, though. (Splitface's organic side didn't seem right, Speeda Demon was okay, and did Surge's voice get even higher?) But I think that some of the other ones were good, like Voltix and Evo's new voice. Also, Furno seems to be really full of himself in this episode.

The video is not working at all for me- it just keeps loading.

#279 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 06:06 AM

The video is not working at all for me- it just keeps loading.

The entire episode can be watched here by US residents, try that one.-Gata Posted Image

Posted Image

#280 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 245 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 10:05 AM

I watched the new "Breakout" episode in English language on American Nicktoons channel two nights ago, and I loved it! It was great, cool, fantastic, and awesome!
I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users