Hero Factory Discussion

Meiko

It seems that purple villain is using Black Phantom's head piece thing. Hopefully it's also in purple, but it's probably not. Also two Meltdowns in one shot lol.My prediction for the story is this: Black Phantom is defeated and captured, but other villains are still wrecking havoc. So the Heroes suit up and go and battle then YAYYYYYY WE WIN

overlordsukapon.png

Can't wait to see Stormer next year (if he really is to come out next year), although the 'Hulk' looks kind of odd on him. Maybe someone like Bulk could pull it off, or Evo (if he didn't already have a set out for the Breakout series), but Stormer.. eh. To me, he looks like a Giant Snowman. Might as well rename him Frosty. :PThat purple guy... hmm. All the wiring looks like it's coming from his head, maybe he controls things with his mind? Or absorbs thoughts. Just a lot of tubes running up there. Man.One other thing- Where the ###### is Breez?? She appeared on the "Breakout" poster, and then.. nothing. Not in the Rocka vs BP video, her set hasn't shown up yet.. it's weird. And she's the one I want most this year..

You're mistaken. The only sets that appear during that scene are Black Phantom, Rocka, Furno, Stormer, Surge, and Evo. You may be mistaking Surge for Breez, seeing that he has many lime green parts.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Did Lego just reveal the climax to their entire Hero Factory project in one two minutes and five seconds long move?

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Somehow I doubt that's the end. Think about it. If Stormer, who will likely be a summer set, is there, that would lead to the conclusion the Breakout story would be expanded to the summer. What if there's another main villain for the summer, one that was possibly working with Black Phantom? The heroes would also need to capture him.Plus, it wouldn't surprise me if Black Phantom gets captured first, since he seems to target the Hero Factory while the rest of the villains escaped to other planets.Also: What are you talking about when you say "The climax of the entire Hero Factory project"? From all indications, this wave is not the last in the series. -Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

The first to strike me about the movie is the outstanding quality and how the animation has improved. The music is very nice, too. I wonder if that purple villain and Stormer will appear in the summer wave? Funny how they appear and neither Thornraxx nor Breez do. Rocka looks very nice in this video, and the energy shield makes sense now. I find it interesting how they have finally given the characters five-fingered hands after the upgrade which are also smaller in the animation and less goofy, so that´s a plus. Also, they should totally make an Arachnix drone booster pack. :P Too bad Evo doesn´t have a cannon arm and carries the gun on his back, but I guess we will get over it. Anyway, am I the only one to notice how Black Phantom has armor cladding on his legs in the beginning and suddenly has no armor cladding on his legs in the next scene? Also, it may just be me, but for some reason the scene where Black Phantom is overcharged by Rocka looks a bit too violent. :unsure:About the game which is going to be made with Unity3D (it´s already available on the website, but Bink still has to upload the files): I don´t like how you fight against a horde of Black Phantoms instead of rather having hordes of Thornraxx or Jawblades and Black Phantom as the boss. I prefer not to judge it too early, though. I definitely look forward to both the movie and the game. :)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The first to strike me about the movie is the outstanding quality and how the animation has improved. The music is very nice, too. I wonder if that purple villain and Stormer will appear in the summer wave? Funny how they appear and neither Thornraxx nor Breez do. Rocka looks very nice in this video, and the energy shield makes sense now. I find it interesting how they have finally given the characters five-fingered hands after the upgrade which are also smaller in the animation and less goofy, so that´s a plus. Also, they should totally make an Arachnix drone booster pack. :P Too bad Evo doesn´t have a cannon arm and carries the gun on his back, but I guess we will get over it. Anyway, am I the only one to notice how Black Phantom has armor cladding on his legs in the beginning and suddenly has no armor cladding on his legs in the next scene? Also, it may just be me, but for some reason the scene where Black Phantom is overcharged by Rocka looks a bit too violent. :unsure:About the game which is going to be made with Unity3D (it´s already available on the website, but Bink still has to upload the files): I don´t like how you fight against a horde of Black Phantoms instead of rather having hordes of Thornraxx or Jawblades and Black Phantom as the boss. I prefer not to judge it too early, though. I definitely look forward to both the movie and the game. :)~Gata. ;)

No more violent than Fire Lord getting his hand ripped off. Plus, they'll probably slather this thing with zingers anyway to soften the blow. But you're right, the animation has gotten a lot better, and Rocka looks really cool, especially the energy shiield. I was a little apprehensive about that weapon at first, but now I'm in love with it.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for that. It would be awesome (even though it would have the disadvantage that there wouldn't be many interactions between characters to really bring out their personalities), but from what we've heard 2012 will just be getting a 1-hour TV special for its first half.EDIT: Speaking of the one-hour TV special, the Hero Factory website now has a video of what must be clips from that very episode. Notable surprises include:

• [*]A
purple villain who uses parts we've seen in prelim images of the Captain America constraction set, as well as purple Mahri tubing and Black Phantom's helmet.[*]An upgraded Stormer using a printed version of the chest piece we've seen in preliminary versions of the Hulk constraction set.

I believe these will be summer sets for next year! Thanks to Mesonak for getting those screenshots.

I really hope the purple villain becomes a set. More purple increases the chance of me getting an HF set. :P

jlovfkk.jpg

I got Nex 3.0 for Christmas. He came with a Hero Recon Team sticker. Is that normal? (When I got Stringer 3.0, there wasn't a sticker.)

I got one with Stringer 3.0 when I got him back in July; none of my other heros (Nex, Rocka, and Furno 3.0) have come with them either. Might just be a promotional thing that was only included with certain sets.-ibrow

I've gotten the stickers from Nex 3.0, Bulk 3.0 and, Stringer 3.0

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

You know, if they put the effort into it, I belive that Hero Factory could be something incredible. But the story is being rushed, and nobody really seems to care about developing it. The Rise of the Rookies was fine, actually better than I was expecting. The first two episodes and the end of the third one were great. Then Ordeal of Fire was shortened. They had something great, but it was rushed, and we barely got an personality from the villains. Only Drilldozer and Fire Lord actually seemed to be people.While Ordeal of Fire was to short, Savage Planet just felt dragged out. The only thing that was really good about it was the Witch Doctor. Everything else, the animals' voices, the lack of decent lines, the music, the shrinking thing, everything, it was all rather poorly done in my opinion compared to everything before it.So, I'm afraid that the shows for Breakout will go from bad to worse. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. But even the trailer we've seen doesn't convince me. They showed good trailers for the last Bionicle movie, and I can't even say what I felt about that movie on this site. I just don't have much confidence.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

You know, if they put the effort into it, I belive that Hero Factory could be something incredible. But the story is being rushed, and nobody really seems to care about developing it. The Rise of the Rookies was fine, actually better than I was expecting. The first two episodes and the end of the third one were great. Then Ordeal of Fire was shortened. They had something great, but it was rushed, and we barely got an personality from the villains. Only Drilldozer and Fire Lord actually seemed to be people.While Ordeal of Fire was to short, Savage Planet just felt dragged out. The only thing that was really good about it was the Witch Doctor. Everything else, the animals' voices, the lack of decent lines, the music, the shrinking thing, everything, it was all rather poorly done in my opinion compared to everything before it.So, I'm afraid that the shows for Breakout will go from bad to worse. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. But even the trailer we've seen doesn't convince me. They showed good trailers for the last Bionicle movie, and I can't even say what I felt about that movie on this site. I just don't have much confidence.

In my opinion, the shows have been kinda like a roller coaster, up, down, then up again. Rise of the Rookies was cool, had a lot of character development in Stormer and Furno. It would have been nice for them to have worked on the rest, but it didn't happen. OOF was a flop. Good premise (Don't do drugs kids!) but they rushed it. Oh so rushed it. And the boogie line was terrible. Then comes Savage Planet. I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob. Well, I laughed. As has been said before, I liked seeing Bulks character development. Some things were a little strange, such as finding a hero chestplate in an ancient temple, Hero Core still attached. It was a great improvement on OOF. I personally liked the voices of the animals, Raw-Jaw made me crack up. And what hero doesn't engage in witty banter? Also, some of it, such as Nex's line ("Surge can have my game system. And tell Breez I loved her!") could be the basis for a side plot in a future production. Love triangle anyone?I think it has a lot of potential, and is moving into its own. I think they had their flops, and are learning from them (You can see that they're learning in the sets too. Black Phantom uses the Fire Lord body design, but with some great improvements.).'Anyway, my opinions. I don't want an excessively deep and confusing story, I want something fun that I can laugh at. However, I still think they could go a wee bit deeper though.

What Hero Factory should do, in my opinion, is gear the story towards the older crowd while still being accessible and enjoyable for younger kids. There are plenty of shows that have a fanbase with adults and children alike, and the sole reason for that is the way the storytelling is handled. You can't tell a story made for children and expect teenagers and adults to find enjoyment with it, but it can work the other way. Not a story filled with overly dark and mature plot themes, but a story that at least takes itself seriously and has dramatic and serious moments and plot threads, or at least something other than corny dialogue 99% of the time. That kind of story is what Hero Factory should aim for.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

In my opinion, the shows have been kinda like a roller coaster, up, down, then up again. Rise of the Rookies was cool, had a lot of character development in Stormer and Furno. It would have been nice for them to have worked on the rest, but it didn't happen. OOF was a flop. Good premise (Don't do drugs kids!) but they rushed it. Oh so rushed it. And the boogie line was terrible. Then comes Savage Planet. I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob. Well, I laughed. As has been said before, I liked seeing Bulks character development. Some things were a little strange, such as finding a hero chestplate in an ancient temple, Hero Core still attached. It was a great improvement on OOF. I personally liked the voices of the animals, Raw-Jaw made me crack up. And what hero doesn't engage in witty banter? Also, some of it, such as Nex's line ("Surge can have my game system. And tell Breez I loved her!") could be the basis for a side plot in a future production. Love triangle anyone?I think it has a lot of potential, and is moving into its own. I think they had their flops, and are learning from them (You can see that they're learning in the sets too. Black Phantom uses the Fire Lord body design, but with some great improvements.).'Anyway, my opinions. I don't want an excessively deep and confusing story, I want something fun that I can laugh at. However, I still think they could go a wee bit deeper though.
I personally didn't enjoy Savage Planet much. It had its redeeming moments, but the amount of lame jokes and banter made it almost painful for me to watch. Ordeal of Fire felt rushed in many ways, but at the same time that meant less "filler".Some things in Savage Planet were really evocative, like Witch Doctor's dramatic monologue and Bulk's character development.I'll agree that Nex's lines were perhaps the funniest moment in that episode. I doubt we'll see any "love triangle" just by virtue of Breez's established character traits (while a character with no interest in romance can sometimes come around, it would require a lot more attention to that subplot than the writers could likely get away with in this kind of show). Then again, Nex is apparently more of a flirt than I had previously noticed-- in the background of one of the early scenes in Ordeal of Fire, you can see him flirting with Daniela Capricorn.I got the Savage Planet DVD for Christmas, and have already noticed more detail in Ordeal of Fire than I had previously seen, so perhaps if I re-watch it and Savage Planet I'll be able to enjoy them a bit more fully than I could watching the episodes online.

What Hero Factory should do, in my opinion, is gear the story towards the older crowd while still being accessible and enjoyable for younger kids. There are plenty of shows that have a fanbase with adults and children alike, and the sole reason for that is the way the storytelling is handled. You can't tell a story made for children and expect teenagers and adults to find enjoyment with it, but it can work the other way. Not a story filled with overly dark and mature plot themes, but a story that at least takes itself seriously and has dramatic and serious moments and plot threads, or at least something other than corny dialogue 99% of the time. That kind of story is what Hero Factory should aim for.-Mesonak

I kind of disagree about the idea that a show targeted at kids can't be counted on to appeal to adults and teenagers. The whole My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic phenomenon is a particularly exceptional example of a show appealing to folks well outside its target demographic, but there are also lots of other TV shows decidedly geared toward kids that adults can easily enjoy. For example, my dad is a really big fan of Spongebob Squarepants.Really I think the flaws of the Hero Factory miniseries are because of sloppy writing in several cases. I enjoyed Rise of the Rookies, but I'll readily admit that Von Nebula's backstory was insufficiently explained and his desire for revenge seemed to come pretty much out of nowhere. Ordeal of Fire was severely limited by its 22-minute timeframe, but even so some of its lines like the infamous "boogie" line seem to make no sense within the context of the episode. Savage Planet is in my opinion the weakest of the Hero Factory episodes, with fight scenes stretched out longer than they are entertaining and cheesy banter throughout. I don't think any of these areas of weakness are really consequences of the type of story the episodes are trying to tell, or who they are trying to tell those stories to.

I personally didn't enjoy Savage Planet much. It had its redeeming moments, but the amount of lame jokes and banter made it almost painful for me to watch. Ordeal of Fire felt rushed in many ways, but at the same time that meant less "filler".Some things in Savage Planet were really evocative, like Witch Doctor's dramatic monologue and Bulk's character development.I'll agree that Nex's lines were perhaps the funniest moment in that episode. I doubt we'll see any "love triangle" just by virtue of Breez's established character traits (while a character with no interest in romance can sometimes come around, it would require a lot more attention to that subplot than the writers could likely get away with in this kind of show). Then again, Nex is apparently more of a flirt than I had previously noticed-- in the background of one of the early scenes in Ordeal of Fire, you can see him flirting with Daniela Capricorn.I got the Savage Planet DVD for Christmas, and have already noticed more detail in Ordeal of Fire than I had previously seen, so perhaps if I re-watch it and Savage Planet I'll be able to enjoy them a bit more fully than I could watching the episodes online.

I kind of disagree about the idea that a show targeted at kids can't be counted on to appeal to adults and teenagers. The whole My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic phenomenon is a particularly exceptional example of a show appealing to folks well outside its target demographic, but there are also lots of other TV shows decidedly geared toward kids that adults can easily enjoy. For example, my dad is a really big fan of Spongebob Squarepants.Really I think the flaws of the Hero Factory miniseries are because of sloppy writing in several cases. I enjoyed Rise of the Rookies, but I'll readily admit that Von Nebula's backstory was insufficiently explained and his desire for revenge seemed to come pretty much out of nowhere. Ordeal of Fire was severely limited by its 22-minute timeframe, but even so some of its lines like the infamous "boogie" line seem to make no sense within the context of the episode. Savage Planet is in my opinion the weakest of the Hero Factory episodes, with fight scenes stretched out longer than they are entertaining and cheesy banter throughout. I don't think any of these areas of weakness are really consequences of the type of story the episodes are trying to tell, or who they are trying to tell those stories to.
Hmmm. I agree that Hero Factory could (and should) appeal to a larger demographic, but it's gonna take some major story revisions to get adults to like a show about crime-fighting robots built in a factory. And the last thing Hero Factory needs is to go down the Spongebob route.Also, everyone is talking about some character development by Bulk. What character development? As I recall, he barely said anything. Edited by Toa Zaz

It was minor, but in the promotional material from 2010, it was mentioned that he was a little insecure about not being as smart as the other heroes he worked with, and that was shown in Rise of the Rookies ("AWAY from the explosives!"). Then comes Savage Planet, and he's suddenly eloquent and well versed in many topics. In fact, Furno admits that Bulk is smarter than all of them now.It was a brief glimpse into Bulk's development, both of his character and his mind.

So Surge's video showed Stormer and Stringer alongside the winter Heroes, sans Breez. Her absence is kind of troubling, but in my opinion, not as worrying as the fact that they're showing the conclusion to all these plotlines.Still, Stringer! That makes three potential summer sets we know of.

AXKP5KC.png

I sure hope they're not actually showing us the final fight scenes. That'd be one stupid marketing technique if they were.Also, whatever happened to Lego's suggestion of using one's imagination? They can't just show us how the villain gets defeated in the advert, it has to be left to the kid to decide how it happens.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I sure hope they're not actually showing us the final fight scenes. That'd be one stupid marketing technique if they were.Also, whatever happened to Lego's suggestion of using one's imagination? They can't just show us how the villain gets defeated in the advert, it has to be left to the kid to decide how it happens.

Sooooo kids' playtime now has to line up seamlessly with the official story? It's not like knowing how the battles in the Star Wars movies take place stops kids from dreaming up their own space battles using their Star Wars sets. The same applies here. Kids are still free to have any hero fight any villain and defeat them any way they choose. Just because certain fights take place in the story, just as they did in BIONICLE, doesn't mean that free storytelling with the characters is in any way hindered.I get the idea that Breez was deliberately cut from the upcoming "Breakout" episode, seeing as one Breakout video floating around the internet shows a group lineup with all the heroes from this wave but her (with the addition of Stormer and Stringer, who will probably be summer sets). Since Thornraxx is also conspicuously absent from the videos, I'm hoping that she gets featured in a future episode along with any summer heroes and villains we haven't yet seen.

Sooooo kids' playtime now has to line up seamlessly with the official story? It's not like knowing how the battles in the Star Wars movies take place stops kids from dreaming up their own space battles using their Star Wars sets. The same applies here. Kids are still free to have any hero fight any villain and defeat them any way they choose. Just because certain fights take place in the story, just as they did in BIONICLE, doesn't mean that free storytelling with the characters is in any way hindered.
I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that usually, I see Lego adverts with the battle between two characters raging for a little while, then stopping midway for the narrator to say "Who will win? You decide." then showing the toys. I would have thought that would be a better way to advertise, given then it leaves the child to want to buy the sets to finish the battle for themselves. Now Star Wars, those are films, not adverts. As such, we're meant to see the conclusion, that's how it goes. It's the same reason I don't complain when we see the heroes win in the other episodes, those are MEANT to have an ending. I simply believe that a better way of advertising would be to encourage the child's imagination, which I always thought was Lego's goal (Besides the whole making money thing). Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

It was minor, but in the promotional material from 2010, it was mentioned that he was a little insecure about not being as smart as the other heroes he worked with, and that was shown in Rise of the Rookies ("AWAY from the explosives!"). Then comes Savage Planet, and he's suddenly eloquent and well versed in many topics. In fact, Furno admits that Bulk is smarter than all of them now.It was a brief glimpse into Bulk's development, both of his character and his mind.

I think his "character development" can more likely be attributed to inconsistent writing.Also, with all these videos, haven't they pretty much showed us the whole episode by now?

I think his "character development" can more likely be attributed to inconsistent writing.Also, with all these videos, haven't they pretty much showed us the whole episode by now?
I doubt it was just inconsistent writing, especially considering that Bulk in Savage Planet acknowledged his previous characterization. ("I'm not just the big guy!") I believe one of his teammates also commented on what a big change it was that he was reading now, although my memory is fuzzy. I really need to rewatch those episodes. Overall, it's clear at least to me that he actually worked towards self-improvement to make up for the insecurities established for him in 2010.

I went to a LEGO store here in San Diego to look for some Breakout sets. They had Furno, Splitface and Jawblade, but since I already owned them all, I bought Witch Doctor and Bulk 3.0. They're both pretty awesome, but that's neither here or there. I have a question.My Witch Doctor came with two extra Mahri tubes in red (Or white, depending on if you're following the CGI or the instructions). Did this happen to anyone else?

AXKP5KC.png

Yeah, I got both sets of tubes also.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

So the second Breakout comic is out.Not my favorite. It's nice to have a single story drag out and give a chance to showcase the beautiful art, but the dialogue was just as cheesy as indicated, and the moral is kind of dumb. Funny ending, though.And it WAS written by Greg, so... I dunno. Mixed feelings.

So the second Breakout comic is out.Not my favorite. It's nice to have a single story drag out and give a chance to showcase the beautiful art, but the dialogue was just as cheesy as indicated, and the moral is kind of dumb. Funny ending, though.And it WAS written by Greg, so... I dunno. Mixed feelings.

We even get to see Stormer as shown in the animation. I think his appearance as a summer set is as good as confirmed.Rocka´s way of talking is somehow annoying.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

We even get to see Stormer as shown in the animation. I think his appearance as a summer set is as good as confirmed.Rocka´s way of talking is somehow annoying.~Gata. ;)
Yeah, even if it is his back. Definitely not the standard Hero build, though, so a titan set is more likely, considering his size seen in the videos.It's the "ya" he uses. I hate it too =P. And he actually calls Black Phantom "BP" at some point which is just... whack.

Yeah, even if it is his back. Definitely not the standard Hero build, though, so a titan set is more likely, considering his size seen in the videos.It's the "ya" he uses. I hate it too =P. And he actually calls Black Phantom "BP" at some point which is just... whack.
I doubt what is shown is his actual back, it seems too blocky to me, and what´s that arch for? Rather, I think it is supposed to be a chair Stormer is sitting on.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

The "ya" seems perfectly in line with the voice he had in Savage Planet, to me (just a little bit of Jersey in there, I think). Rocka's personality is as a somewhat arrogant upstart, so this dialect and most of these lines I'm hearing makensense IMO.I can't speak for the quality of the comic right now, since my computer's been having trouble and I'm avoiding PDFs for the time being. But these dialogue complaints don't seem to me to be at odds with Rocka's characterization in the slightest. If it were a character like Black Phantom using informal language, boasting with cheesy one-liners, or abbreviating the names of his foes, I'd understand the criticism a lot more. But all this just seems to me like typical Rocka.

It just seems like an exaggeration of his already cheesy personality, to me. I loathe using "ya" in type; it's fine if your general dialect tends toward that sound, but it's absolutely cringe-worthy to read. Sometimes it's not terrible; at the end of the comic, Stormer congratulates him for learning patience, and Rocka goes "I bet I learned it faster than everybody else". Stuff like that is mildly clever, quirky, and in line with his general personality. "Ya can't rock Rocka" just makes me want to cry. (plus, the one REAL bad pun he uttered in SP was under coercion by Furno, anyway)

The Hero Factory website is now updated with 2012 stuff. Observations:

• [*]Products page animations are OK in general. Some are really awesome, while others feel a bit awkward and jerky, particularly some of the villain sets.[*]The story page gives us some insight into the breakout, as well as
a nice glimpse of the new Stringer. I'm largely impressed. While his orange seems to have entirely changed to blue, he still looks stylish especially with his sound wave pattern on his chest.[*]The Breakout game ranges from good to bad. Controls are a bit jerky sometimes, and graphics are detailed but a bit rough. Overall I'd call it Nintendo 64 quality, which for me is still plenty enjoyable. The more problematic glitch is that it can't recognize when you're logged on with a LEGO ID, so there's no saving at this time. The appearance of a Power Core vending machine shows a remarkable level of continuity, and I like the use of 4M Hero Factory bones as collectibles, like the studs in most LEGO video games.[*]The Gadgets and Weapons page got a huge update with lots of new material. The biggest revelation is that Jawblade's magma blades are in fact Furno's old weapon, stolen on a previous mission. Unfortunately, all pre-2012 gadget and weapon pages have been removed.[*]The Bios page, for some reason, removed all pre-2012 Hero characters, despite the knowledge that at least Stormer and Stringer are returning. Summer 2011 villains have remained present. The heroes still have their original bios, which for Furno feels a bit out of date and for Evo is just plain inaccurate, since it's still switched with Nex's bio. The villain bios reveal that Splitface is indeed schizophrenic and suffers from multiple personalities.[*]Building instructions for the new combi models are up. I'm avoiding opening any PDFs for the next couple days, but they look plenty interesting.[*]New downloads include two posters and five new wallpapers. I'm not a big fan of the wallpapers, besides Furno's. Evo's just looks static, with Evo and Toxic Reapa seemingly ignoring each other, and the others all have the characters shooting at each other. This would be very nice except that the characters are not to a logical scale with one another, so it ends up looking like they are shooting in front of or behind each other instead. Of course, some would argue that given their marksmanship in the TV episodes that might be exactly what they're doing! :tongue:[*]The front page has updated significantly. I'm not fond of the changes. The new version feels boring compared to the old one-- the "From the Call Center" ticker is gone, and the end result is a page that feels like it's more for navigation than anything else.[*]No HeroPad updates, but I wasn't really expecting any. They seem to have abandoned the HeroPad in its infancy. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time