Interview Archive

GaliGee

These are my Interviews from the old forum that were lost or damaged. If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic.Thanks for your interest! :kaukaunu: Like many of you, I’ve been wondering how Takanuva felt about his dramatic transformations, his defeat of the powerfully evil Makuta, and his new life as a Toa. So I gave him a call. And his loyal friend Jaller popped in to make a few comments, too. Thanks to Pewe Toa of the Void and pohatu jr for ideas.Interview with Takanuva and JallerGaliGee: Takanuva, it’s really nice of you to take the time for an interview. All of us at BZPower are really looking forward to hearing what it was like for you to transform from Takua the Chronicler into Takanuva, Toa of Light, and courageously save Mata Nui from eternal darkness.Takanuva: Aww, shucks. It was nothing. But it’s nice of you to say so.GaliGee: Nothing? It was the showdown Bionicle fans had been anticipating for months! You risked unimaginable danger to protect your people.Takanuva: I was just doing my job, for a change. But yeah, it was a mind-bending experience merging with the bad guy.GaliGee: I’m sure it was. But before we get to that part, would you mind answering a few questions about your quest for the Toa of Light?Takanuva: [laughs] Boy, did I feel sheepish when I figured out who he was! It was quite a journey. Me and Jaller, you know, we go way back, to the days when we were fighting Bohrok.GaliGee: You two did seem pretty comfortable with each other.Takanuva: We’ve traveled all over together, and we know each other’s quirks. Like Jaller is really scared of Fikou. At one point, one dropped out of the trees when we were in Le-Wahi, and Jaller flipped backwards off Pewku’s back.GaliGee: [laughs] Well, I’d be pretty scared of them, too.Jaller: Yeah, GaliGee, and Takua—I mean Takanuva—is scared of the dark.Takanuva: I am not!GaliGee: Hello, Jaller.Jaller: Hi, GaliGee. Are too!Takanuva: Don’t you have some guard duty rounds to make or something, pipsqueak? And that’s Toa Takanuva to you.Jaller: Yeah. But I’ll be back, kolhii-head. Later.GaliGee: It sounds like you two are still really at ease with each other, even though you have changed.Takanuva: He still gets on my case for being irresponsible, and I still tell him he’s too much of a conformist.GaliGee: So I take it that wasn’t just a plot device to add, er, human interest to the movie.Takanuva: Plot device? We were fighting for our lives, girl!GaliGee: Oh, I’m sorry, of course you were. BZPower is really grateful to you for standing up for good against evil. And I’d like to add my personal thanks for defeating Makuta.Takanuva: Personal thanks? What, has Makuta been bugging you, too?GaliGee: It’s a long story. But anyhow, are you sure you don’t mind that I’m posting your journal on BZPower?Takanuva: No problem, GaliGee. I’ll e-mail you the rest of the entries as soon as I can get them typed up. Or I’ll just use the OCR program, if Turaga Nuju ever gets that scanner fixed. Stupid Rahkshi.GaliGee: Thank you so much, Takanuva. A lot of members have said they’ve been enjoying it so far.Takanuva: Wait, are you going to put in the part about Nixie?GaliGee: Well, yes, unless you don’t want me to.Takanuva: Oh, go ahead. After all, it’s my new policy to bring everything into the light.GaliGee: I see. Well, that’s logical.Takanuva: Besides, it’s not embarrassing to her… only me.Jaller: Is there anything embarrassing about me in there?Takanuva: You bet! You said a bunch of stuff in your sleep about Hahli.GaliGee: Hello again, Jaller.Jaller: Hi again, GaliGee. I did not!Takanuva: Did too!Jaller: Don’t you have some lightstones to switch out or something?GaliGee: Say, Jaller, since you’re here, can I ask you what it was like to die and be revived?Jaller: Sure, GaliGee. It was incredibly strange. I felt my whole body shake like my heart was about to stop, and then I saw my life flash before my eyes. The guard training… the Rahi battles… finding Toa Tahu… the Bohrok wars… covering for Takua so he could shirk his duties…Takanuva: Hey! That only happened once or twice.Jaller: Three times. But who’s counting? And then there was Hahli… I felt so sad. I really regretted not ever telling her I loved her.GaliGee: So, after you were revived, I bet that was the first thing you said to her.Jaller: Are you crazy? I could never tell her that! That’s too scary! I’m not planning on dying again anytime soon, anyway.GaliGee: I don’t think people usually plan on it.Jaller: Anyway, I saw my whole life flash by. And I was in a tunnel, with a bright light at the end. As I drew closer, the light started to take shape, and I could read some letters.GaliGee: Letters?Jaller: Yeah. It was like a message from the Great Spirit Mata Nui.GaliGee: Really? What did it say?Jaller: It said, “Game Over.”Takanuva: No way!Jaller: Way!GaliGee: You’re kidding, aren’t you, Jaller?Jaller: Yeah. But I did see a bright light. Then I was lying on the ground, and this big, scary dude was leaning over me. He was half really ugly and half, um, less ugly.Takanuva: Hey!Jaller: Anyway, I realized that he had saved my life, just in time to see him get smashed by this huge door he was trying to hold up.GaliGee: Oh, my.Jaller: Yeah, it made a sickening sound, kind of a wet crunching noise, with chunks of metal flying and hydraulic fluid spraying everywhere.GaliGee: Aaah! That was more information than I needed, Jaller.Jaller: I was really sad, because I could tell that Takua was in there. And his mask came spinning out. Or rather, Takanuva’s mask. But I knew it was Takua, obviously.Takanuva: You did?Jaller: Duh! There was a spoiler on that Purple Dave guy’s website, like, a year ago!Takanuva: You knew? Why didn’t you say something?Jaller: Because you would have gotten a head the size of Toa Tahu’s Suva.Takanuva: Oh.Jaller: Anyway, I was really happy to see that kolhii-head revive when Turaga Vakama put the Avokhii onto the big dot.GaliGee: I bet it was wonderful to see him again. And speaking of kolhii, did anyone describe to you Takanuva’s big match with Makuta?Jaller: Well, I saw it in the movie. Turaga Vakama took us all up to Mount Ihu, and we got to watch the DVD on Turaga Nuju’s home theater system. He’s even got surround sound. But Toa Lewa kept grabbing the remote and doing the frame-by-frame thing whenever Toa Gali showed up onscreen. Turaga Nuju was hopping up and down and squeaking, until finally Toa Kopaka wrestled Toa Lewa to the floor and sat on him.GaliGee: That’s Lewa for you. Were you surprised at how well your friend played?Jaller: Yeah. I was really proud of him. He did really well, for being such a lousy player. Hey! Put me down!Takanuva: Heh, heh. Sometimes I just gotta pull rank on him.Jaller: Just you wait. Someday LEGO will do a flashback, and they’ll turn you back into a Matoran for it!Takanuva: Oh, I hope not. You’d never let me hear the end of it.Jaller: Well, I gotta go. Unlike the Lightheaded One here, I have a real job. See you!GaliGee: Thanks, Jaller!Takanuva: He’s a real pal, that guy.GaliGee: He is. So, how have you been getting along with the other Toa? Have they fully accepted you as one of their number yet?Takanuva: Oh, yes, they’ve been very kind and welcoming. They really made me feel like a Toa right away. Since I don’t really have my own village to defend, they let me help out with their villages. Take Toa Tahu, for example. I mean, Tahu! I’m not used to that yet.GaliGee: I imagine there have been a lot of adjustments to make.Takanuva: Yes, there have. Well, Tahu gave me a really important task that no Matoran could accomplish.GaliGee: What was it?Takanuva: He showed me how to haul a week’s worth of trash from the village out into the middle of the lava river so it would burn up.GaliGee: But I thought Ta-Koro was flooded with magma by the Rahkshi.Takanuva: True. But all the trash was in a big bin, and the lava didn’t reach it. And then Lewa got me to weed the vegetable garden in Le-Wahi. The weeds were so tall, they were over the Matoran’s heads. So they needed a Toa to do it. And my staff is just the right shape for that kind of work.GaliGee: I see.Takanuva: And Kopaka had me scrape the frost off the windows of the Sanctum. Good thing I’m not afraid of heights. But man, it’s cold up there! I couldn’t even feel my fingers by the time I was done.GaliGee: It sounds like you’ve been working really hard for everyone.Takanuva: Yeah. Onua got me to bail water out of the bottom of the Great Mine. The fight with the Rahkshi caused a big cave-in, and the groundwater flooded the shaft about five bios deep.GaliGee: And you bailed all that water out?Takanuva: It took quite a while. Then Pohatu got me to clean the stables in Po-Koro.GaliGee: I thought that was the comet ball traitor’s job.Takanuva: It was, but the muck was so deep, he couldn’t get the door open any more. So I had to help out.GaliGee: Wait a minute. Aren’t you all going to leave Mata Nui anyway? Why are you even bothering with these jobs?Takanuva: Hey! You’re right! Who cares if the garden needs weeding? We’re going to be gone in a few weeks!GaliGee: It sounds to me like the other Toa are taking advantage of the new guy.Takanuva: You think so? Yeah… it does, doesn’t it?GaliGee: Did Gali put you to work, too?Takanuva: No, she didn’t. Just the guys.GaliGee: Do you still have a special bond with her?Takanuva: Well, no, since I’m not the Chronicler any more. I guess she’ll be sending visions to Hahli now. But it’s just as well, because Tahu and Kopaka would probably start fighting over which one would get to kill me. Gali would try to break it up, Lewa would start selling tickets to the Matoran, and Pohatu and Onua would have a bet going on the outcome.GaliGee: It sounds like you’ve figured out the group dynamics of the Toa pretty well.Takanuva: Yeah, I got to know them as we traveled with them, while they were hunting the Kal. I used to think they were all noble and pure at heart. But when I got to see them bicker over the last piece of roast Maha, I realized they’re just like the rest of us.GaliGee: I think so, too. So, I’ve saved the biggest question for last. What was it like to merge with Makuta?Takanuva: Oh, man. That was unforgettable. I got a glimpse into the darkest, most twisted mind I’ve ever encountered.GaliGee: There’s one thing all of us on BZPower are dying to know, Takanuva. Why is Makuta claiming to protect his brother from pain?Takanuva: Uh, actually, I didn’t understand that part, either.GaliGee: Aww, man!Takanuva: I did find out why he really put him to sleep, though.GaliGee: Really? Why?Takanuva: If I told you, I’d have to kill you.GaliGee: No way!Takanuva: Way! LEGO won’t let any of us talk about it yet.GaliGee: Oh, well, I suppose we’ll find out eventually.Takanuva: Yeah, someday. Like the Turaga’s story. Those guys are so mysterious. It turns out they were once Toa.GaliGee: I’ve heard that, too.Takanuva: So, I’m definitely not going to leak any secrets to you. LEGO might turn me into a Turaga, too. I have no desire to look like an old guy, and sit around and discuss prophecies all day.GaliGee: OK, I can understand that. So, how did it feel to transform from a small Matoran to a larger Matoran to a Toa to a combined being of darkness and light that’s the most powerful creature ever to walk the surface of Mata Nui?Takanuva: Great! I got kind of used to not being used to myself. The first time was cool, because we got to rebuild ourselves, just like you guys play with LEGO s. The second time, it was in the middle of a really intense moment, with the Toa and Rahkshi fighting behind me and my best friend dead, so I was completely overwhelmed by everything. And the last time, well, it was just too weird for words.GaliGee: When did you realize you were going to merge with Makuta?Takanuva: I was just trying to pull off his mask, and it occurred to me that maybe he wouldn’t be so grumpy if he was wearing mine, so I put the Avokhii on him. But I needed a mask, too, so I put his Krakhaan on myself. Man, it was creepy looking out of his eyeholes. His mask smelled like charcoal and motor oil.GaliGee: And once you were in the protodermis, you merged?Takanuva: Yeah, I wanted to light up the inside of his mind, and see what was really driving him to be so cruel. And somehow we got all tangled up, and then I heard his voice inside my head, and then suddenly we were one being. And he agreed with me that we should raise the door, and I agreed with him that we should revive Jaller. Then I felt his strength being sapped, and I couldn’t hold the door anymore.GaliGee: I don’t want to hear about that part again!Takanuva: Uh, yeah, it was kind of gross.Gali: Oh, Takanuuuuuuuva!Takanuva: In here, Toa Gali. I mean, Gali.Gali: Oh, there you are. I was wondering if you would mind helping out in Ga-Koro. Nokama has trained three of the villagers to give therapeutic massages, and they need someone to practice on.Takanuva: No way, Gali! I’m not going to let you push me around just because I’m the new guy! I have my dignity, too, you know.Gali: Suit yourself. I’ll find someone else. Oh, Taaaaaahu! [voice recedes]Takanuva: I sure told her off, eh?GaliGee: Actually, what she was suggesting sounded rather pleasant. A massage by three Ga-Koronans… all you’d have to do is lie there and relax…Takanuva: You think so? Yeah… it did, didn’t it? Hey, Gali! I’ve changed my mind! Wait for me! Gaaaaaali! [voice recedes]GaliGee: Takanuva? Takanuva? Well, I guess this interview is over. [click]So, now Mata Nui’s reluctant hero actually looks like one. But at heart, he’s still just Takua. And Jaller won’t let him forget it. This is GaliGee reporting. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic.

Edited by GaliGee

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

* New chapter September 24 * huriko-journeyintolight-sm.jpgPart II: Peacetime Thanks, Huriko!

d2d-banner-sm.jpg DON'T BUY MY BOOK.

Get someone else to buy it for you! (Preview and order the paperback or ebook)

If you like my Makuta-GaliGee epic dark comedies, you may enjoy my metafiction adventure novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee.

At www.lilygee.com you can read the first chapter, watch the video trailer, find maps & links, take a trivia quiz, and get e-mail updates.

<3 Thanks for the love, BZPower! If you've read D2D, please review it on Amazon or Smashwords! <3

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is the one and only interview I am going to do for a non-standard Bionicle character. So please, don't ask. I encourage you, if you have a cool MOC, to write your own interview! Here is a glimpse into the life of the Toa who was too powerful to include in the official storyline.BZ member Yotanua, Toa of Time has posted a picture of his namesake, and his semi-Toa Tuhapo, on Brickshelf. To see it, click here.Interview with Yotanua, Toa of TimeGaliGee: Yotanua, thanks for taking the time to speak to me on behalf of the BZ members.Yotanua: No problem. I have all the time in the world.GaliGee: Oh, yeah. I guess so. You are the Toa of Time, after all. What powers does the Vahi give you, exactly?Yotanua: I can slow down or speed up time for myself, and I can also move backward and forward through time.GaliGee: Amazing! Why was such a powerful Toa as yourself excluded from the LEGO Bionicle storyline?Yotanua: Well, the truth is, I was late for the audition.GaliGee: LATE? How could you be late? You're --Yotanua: Just kidding, GaliGee.GaliGee: See, you would fit right in with the other Toa. They are always trying to play tricks on me like that!Yotanua: So I heard. Just wait until you see the next one they are going to pull.GaliGee: What? Are you in on this, too?Yotanua: No, but I know what's going to happen.GaliGee: Oh, yeah. Uh, oh. But back to my question. Why aren't you in the story?Yotanua: I was supposed to be in the PC game. You know, the one that was canceled.GaliGee: I heard about that. But didn't you know it was going to be canceled?Yotanua: Of course. But I still posed for all the 3D rendering and all, you know, just to beef up my portfolio.GaliGee: I bet it's impressive. Do you have a village?Yotanua: I do, Yo-Koro. It has one Tohunga named Hufu, and a sidekick named Tuhapo. He's a semi-Toa. No Turaga, though.GaliGee: What's a semi-Toa?Yotanua: He's more powerful than a Turaga, but not quite a Toa. He's a big help to me, though. Quite a fighter, and an all-around good friend.GaliGee: How do you manage with no Turaga?Yotanua: Gimme a break. Why would I need a Turaga, with only one villager?GaliGee: I see.Yotanua: And the answer to your next question is, Yo-Koro is located on a small island, not far from Mata Nui.GaliGee: How did you know... oh, never mind.Yotanua: Go ahead, ask your question. Otherwise, I have to go back in time and change my answer.GaliGee [getting confused]: OK, where is your village?Yotanua: I just told you.GaliGee: For crying out loud.Yotanua: Sorry, I guess that wasn't playing fair. But I'll go ahead and tell you how I get to Mata Nui.GaliGee: Please do.Yotanua: It's a really long boat ride. But I don't care, since I can speed up time. No one can come to my village, though, because they would die of old age first.GaliGee: Wow. So do you visit Mata Nui often?Yotanua: Yes, I'm pretty good friends with Tahu. We lava-surf together.GaliGee: That's great. So you aren't lonely, even though they left you out of the story.Yotanua: I find lots to do. You know, the real reason I'm not in the story is that I would really throw things out of balance.GaliGee: What do you mean?Yotanua: Well, the other Toa would be able to know the future, and that would mess up the story in a big way.GaliGee: I see. That makes sense. Tell us about your weapons.Yotanua: I have four blades, like Tahu Nuva is going to have, to cut through rock. And I like to tunnel around in Yo-Koro, or on Mata Nui.GaliGee: Those weapons might throw the story out of balance, too! The Nuva aren't even out yet!Yotanua: Yep. Whenever I practice with them, I have to go back in time to fix everything back up. You know, to cover my tracks.GaliGee: Amazing. That's why we never hear about you!Yotanua: And I know if anyone is going to come looking for me, so I can make myself scarce if need be.GaliGee: Does only Tahu know about you?Yotanua: No, the others know me, too, but Tahu's my best buddy among the real Toa.GaliGee: Does he really have a crush on Gali?Yotanua: Yeah, like a ton of lava! But I'll go back in time and change the answer, because I heard about your house.GaliGee: Thanks, I was just going to ask that. But -- you knew I would say I was just going to ask -- oh, never mind.Yotanua: Now, try it again.GaliGee: Does he really have a crush on Gali?'Yotanua: Of course not! He's too busy fighting evil to worry about that stuff.GaliGee: I SEE. Now, are you going to reveal any new stuff from the storyline for our readers?Yotanua: Are you crazy? Then I would NEVER get to be in it. But wait, I never will be, anyway. But wait --GaliGee: Have I confused you now?Yotanua [laughing]: No, I'm just kidding. But if I want to be friends with the Toa, I have to keep all that to myself. It wouldn't be fair to anyone.GaliGee: Well, we're out of time for now, or at least I am. Thanks so much for talking with me!Yotanua: It was fun. Say hi to BZ for me. [click]A few words from a little-known but powerful Toa, whose time will never come, because it always has been! This is GaliGee reporting. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic. Edited by GaliGee

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

* New chapter September 24 * huriko-journeyintolight-sm.jpgPart II: Peacetime Thanks, Huriko!

If you like my Makuta-GaliGee epic dark comedies, you may enjoy my metafiction adventure novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee.

At www.lilygee.com you can read the first chapter, watch the video trailer, find maps & links, take a trivia quiz, and get e-mail updates.

<3 Thanks for the love, BZPower! If you've read D2D, please review it on Amazon or Smashwords! <3

Welcome, readers, to an interview with Fatoro, the Matoran who has turned an ecological disaster into a military advantage. And based on the recent topic by TheBlindMan2, there is considerable interest on BZ in how those turtles fly! (Inspired by FallenTurtles, who graciously included my Tohunga in his epic, Paradise Lost.)fatoro-interview.jpgInterview with Fatoro the Hoi-TrainerGaliGee: Thank you for agreeing to be interviewed, Fatoro. The members of BZ are very interested in learning more about you.Fatoro: Sure. They are?GaliGee: Yes. We’d love to hear about how you came to be a Hoi trainer.Fatoro: A bit of luckchance. Poor groundbound Hoi were feardriven from the swamp by the foulslime Lehvak. The hardluck Hoi moved into Ga-Wahi.GaliGee: We had heard that Gali was trying to protect the Hoi.Fatoro: Yes, Gali was looking for vinesmen to protect them. She didn’t mind them in her waterlovely Ga-Wahi, but she knew they would be happier if they could be deepwood.GaliGee: Uh, you mean if they could return to their native jungle?Fatoro [laughs]: Yes. Sorry, you grounddwellers are not used to our songspeech, are you?GaliGee: No, but we’ll figure it out. Please go on.Fatoro: So, since it was Gali’s idea, and we knew we would be worksharing with the bluebeauty Ga-Koronans, fivescore of us Le-Koronans volunteered.GaliGee: That’s a lot! How many of these turtles ARE there?Fatoro: Only a few dozen. So Kongu said only one could do it, because he needed the others to be windriders for the Kahu-Force and to be uptree defenders. He drew straws. I got the shortlength one!GaliGee: Do you like your new job?Fatoro: It’s even more joyrich than I imagined. The Ga-Koronans bring the wanderlost Hoi to me, and I flighttrain them to protect Le-Koro.GaliGee: The turtles already know how to fly, right? We at BZ are wondering how that works, a flying turtle. Our turtles are heavy, earthbound, armored creatures.Fatoro: The Hoi are naturally buzzflying creatures. I just train them to be useful. They are very gentlemeek, but they are lovebound to those who feed and caretend them. So I have trained them to be quicksoaring attackstones that can smackpop a krana from a lateknowing Bohrok.GaliGee: Do you mean they will dive-bomb a Bohrok and knock its krana out?Fatoro: Yes! And they are shellstrong and quickdodge, so the Bohrok seldom hurt them.GaliGee: That’s impressive.Fatoro: They fly with the windriders, ahead of the disc-throwing leaf-runners, and prepare the way.GaliGee: So how do the turtles actually fly?Fatoro: Beautifully! They are everquick flyers, and can fly highbranch or sunsoaring.GaliGee: I’m sure they can. But what I meant was, how do they get in the air and stay there?Fatoro: They climb a little ways uptree, and then they launch. Or they birdlaunch with the Kahu-Force.GaliGee: I must not be making myself clear. How do they fly? Do they have wings, or what?Fatoro [laughs]: Winged turtles? That’s laughcrazy! I have no idea how they fly. But don’t stand downwind from one when it is highlifting, or you will have to lowduck to keep from getting overblown.GaliGee: I see. Now, do you ride alongside them?Fatoro: Yes, I have a Kewa so I can staypace with them. After a battleflight I gather any injured Hoi and liftcarry them back to Le-Koro. We have a Ga-Koronan who stays in Le-Koro to nursetend them. You know, the girl Tohunga are much better at caretaking the battlestruck.GaliGee: A Ga-Koronan lives in Le-Koro?Fatoro: Yes, she is lodgestaying with us until we are ridfree of the Bohrok.GaliGee: What’s her name? Do you work well together?Fatoro: Kaluki. She’s a sweetdream! A lightray in this darktime. If Nokama lets me, I want to everkeep her with me. But first, we must overcome the Bohrok. [expletive deleted] Bohrok!GaliGee: Hmm. Have you ever flown with Kongu?Fatoro: Yes, before I was Hoi-Trainer, I was in the Kahu-Force. I have ridden Kahu, Kewa, and Nui-Rama. And for a shortwhile I was Kongu’s second.GaliGee: You’ve had a long and varied career! What’s your favorite ride?Fatoro: The Kahu are the best. Steadysmooth ride, everquick, agile. The Rama are quickdodge but hardbalance. If you don’t everwatch you will find yourself quickly earthbound. But the Kewa is best for flying with Hoi, since they are wingsmall they can dodgeweave between the trees like the Hoi. And they are easy to watchtrack, when the Kewa are groundbound, all they want to do is huntsearch for mudbugs. They are always hungry!GaliGee: How is Matau as a leader? We at BZ hear he has quite a fun personality.Fatoro: He’s great! He is battlebrave and wise, and he always has a heartsong to cheerlift the discouraged. He throws a wildjoy party, too. There are fullheavy tables of fruit and bread, dancing and music until sundawn…GaliGee: No wonder you Le-Koronans are so homeloyal to your treebright village.Fatoro: Now YOU'RE songspeaking, too!GaliGee: I am? How funny! Well, there is something fevercatching about your joysong way of storytalking.Fatoro [laughs]: You should come staylodge in Le-Koro sometime. In leafdawn, it is very prettygreen.GaliGee: I wish I could. Well, thank you for talksharing with us. The BZ members will be very joylifted to hear of your work with the Hoi.Fatoro: My pleasure, GaliGee. May your heart stay sunsoaring! [click]So that is the songstory from Fatoro, the Hoi-Trainer, the Tohunga who found a highlifting calling in saving the Hoi from fearflight and putting them to battlework for his treegreen village. This is GaliGee reportfiling. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic. Edited by GaliGee

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

Readers of my interviews may be wondering how I get pictures of my subjects, since I’ve never been to Mata Nui. But I am lucky enough to I have a local photographer working for me. Her name is Kimi, and she is from Ga-Koro. So read on, if you want to hear about the exciting life of a photo journalist on Mata Nui. kimi-interview.jpg Interview with Kimi the PhotographerGaliGee: Hello, Kimi. Thanks for agreeing to an interview, and for all your loyal service as my Mata Nui photographer!Kimi: You’re welcome, GaliGee. It’s been really fun. And I get to hang out with the Toa more than your average Matoran does.GaliGee: Would you please tell us how you got your start in photography?Kimi: Well, Nuju showed up in Ga-Koro one day with this little contraption, he called it a “camera.” He had been reading blueprints online, and he managed to make one, with the help of some Onu-Koronan materials engineers and a Ta-Koronan welder. He asked Nokama if anyone in Ga-Koro would be interested in learning how to use it. The Ko-Koronans don’t like to travel much, and he figured since we like boating, we could get some good pictures. He gave one to the Le-Koronans, too, so they could get aerial pictures of the island. It was a big help during the time of the Bohrok attacks.GaliGee: Did you ever do any photography for the military?Kimi: Oh, yes. I traveled all over, with Jala and his guard, mostly. Nokama always says, “Safety first,” so I never went alone We got pictures of the Bohrok so we could study their strategy, their tactics, and their movements.GaliGee: Were you ever in danger?Kimi: A couple of times we were in danger, but Jala always protected me. Once we were ambushed by some Pahrak in Ta-Koro, their scouts had seen us, and Jala yanked us into a cavern full of molten lava. The Pahrak wouldn’t follow us in there, because it was so hot. We were standing on this itty bitty ledge above the lava. I thought I was going to melt. Jala kept saying, “Hang in there! This is better than a landslide!” When they went away, we crawled back out. Nuju had to fix my camera after that, the lens was all warped.GaliGee: And when I asked Nokama if someone could get some digital pictures of my interview subjects, she volunteered you.Kimi: Yep. And the rest is history. It’s a lot more fun than shooting pictures of Bohrok, believe me.GaliGee: I believe you! Who has been your favorite subject to photograph?Kimi: That’s a tough one! Um… well, of course Gali is my hero, so I loved doing that one. All of the Toa are really funny and nice, and I got to listen to you talk to them. Kopaka, he’s so dreamy… Probably the funniest one was Lewa and Onua, they wouldn’t stop kidding around. You should see the out-takes. And the one with Lewa by himself, hanging upside down in the tree, that was great. [laughs] Huki and Maku were a riot… Oh, I can’t pick a favorite.GaliGee: Well, you do a good job of bringing out your subjects’ personalities.Kimi: I don’t have to try very hard, they all have lots of personality. The weirdest photo shoot was the interview with all the Toa, I thought they were going to have a big ugly fight right there in front of me. I was a little scared by that one.GaliGee: Me, too. I was starting to think I would be responsible for the demise of Mata Nui.Kimi: Actually, I do have a favorite. It was that group picture of all the Toa with Takua for your “GaliGee’s Stories” topic. Getting them all to line up and behave themselves was a real challenge! Onua wouldn’t look at the camera, I had to keep yelling, “Over here!” I think he can’t see very well. Lewa kept tickling Gali and making Takua fall off her shoulders. Until Tahu whacked the back of Lewa’s legs with his fire sword. Then Onua changed to his Matatu and made a bunch of nuts fall on Tahu’s head. Meanwhile, Pohatu and Kopaka were getting bored, so they started doing the Can-Can. Tahu yelled at them, and then Kopaka threw his arm around Pohatu so that his ice blade was right on Tahu’s neck -- it looked like he was tempted to use it. Finally, Gali threatened to start a rainstorm, and they quieted down. Then Lewa told a joke, and I snapped a picture of them all laughing.GaliGee: I had no idea I was making you work so hard!Kimi: Work hard? It was hilarious! I’ve had to travel a lot, but I love to travel, and you never asked me to do anything hard. You didn’t ask me to take pictures of the Bahrag or Makuta!GaliGee: I didn’t even talk to the Bahrag, you know. My friend FallenTurtles volunteered for that one, bless his heart. And Makuta, well, that wasn’t even my idea. I was just trying to order a pizza!Kimi: Yeah, and besides, how would I have taken a picture of a spirit?GaliGee: He gets more publicity than he deserves, anyway. So, Kimi, do you have a boyfriend?Kimi [sighs]: No. All the Tohunga you have sent me to photograph are already seeing someone. And Nokama keeps a pretty close eye on us, you know.GaliGee: What about Jala? It sounds like you’ve spent a lot of time with him.Kimi: He’s not interested. I can tell.GaliGee: Well, I don’t know what’s wrong with that boy!Kimi [laughs]: He’s awfully handsome, but he’s too wrapped up in his work anyway. I’d rather be with someone who likes to have fun.GaliGee: You’ll find him soon, I’m sure. You Ga-Koronans sure have the odds in your favor.Kimi: Everyone says that! But we’ve had lots of trouble on Mata Nui. As long as I can remember it’s been too dangerous to travel much. Maybe that will change, now that the Bohrok aren’t on a rampage anymore.GaliGee: I certainly hope so. Get out and have a good time while you can, I hear there may be new enemies soon.Kimi: May the Toa protect us. But please, don’t ask me to photograph the new bad guys!GaliGee: I won’t. Safety first, remember?Kimi: I remember!GaliGee: Well, thanks again for everything! Say hi to everyone in Ga-Koro for us. And tell your friend Lili there is a category 4 hurricane named after her that just hit our Gulf Coast. No fatalities, fortunately.Kimi: I will. Hafu will get a big laugh out of that. Later, GaliGee! [click]That Kimi is a brave girl. Of course, she used the auto-timer and sent me a picture of herself. I invite all of you to check out my interviews again. I have finally finished putting Kimi’s pictures in all of them. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic.

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

Dear Readers, we will now hear from one of the most famous Tohunga on Mata Nui, one whose destiny is much larger than his stature would suggest.takua-interview.jpgInterview with Takua the ChroniclerGaliGee: Thanks for agreeing to the interview. It's an honor to speak with the Tohunga who, in Turaga Vakama's words, stands among the Toa as one of Mata Nui's greatest heroes.Takua: Aw, shucks.GaliGee: How did it all begin? Please tell the BZ members how you came to be wandering the island, and ended up helping to save it.Takua: Sure. I woke up on the beach with a REALLY big headache. Couldn't remember who I was, or what I was doing there. I found my mask in the sand next to me, and an empty backpack. Then I saw Maku waving to me. She looked familiar, but I didn't recognize her. Of course, everyone on Mata Nui knows Maku -- she's the best canoe racer on the island. But I didn't remember any of that.GaliGee: What did you do?Takua: I walked up to her, and she began to babble excitedly about her village being attacked. I didn't recall what a Rahi even was!GaliGee: But you agreed to help her.Takua: Yep. Figured I had nothing to lose, so I might as well try.GaliGee: So you found the gear, and restarted the pump to save Nokama and the trapped villagers.Takua: Well, sure. Man, I hate to swim, but what was I going to do, walk away?GaliGee: You seem reluctant to claim any glory for yourself.Takua: I don't really deserve any. I was just in the right place at the right time. When the Tarakava showed up, I just about passed out. I think that I had probably been waylaid by a sand Tarakava on the beach, you see, and I began to remember it when I saw the blue one rear up out of the water.GaliGee: That might explain how you lost your memory!Takua: Yeah. So Gali jumped in, and it seemed like a dream. She tackled that big creature with her bare hooks! I learned a lot that day -- what a Toa is, how the infected masks work. And the Ga-Koronans were so grateful. As if I had been the one to wrestle that thing.GaliGee: How did you come to save Po-Koro?Takua: I didn't! Pohatu did. Even after Gali's victory, Maku was so sad. She was worried about this Huki fellow in Po-Koro. Of course, everyone knows Huki, too, but I had forgotten him, too. So I went to see what was going on.GaliGee: It was pretty clever of you to figure out that the Koli ball salesman's key would unlock one of the statues in the Quarry.Takua: Clever? I only figured it out after wandering back and forth about five times. The Po-Koronans would no doubt have thought me insane, if they hadn't been so preoccupied with their illness. The very air in that village was heavy with despair. And talking with Huki, here he was sick almost to death, and he was more concerned about Maku than himself. I just had to try something!GaliGee: What was it like to meet Pohatu?Takua: I was shaking like a leaf after I saw the Nui-Jaga, and here comes this enormous guy that made the ground tremble. I thought, Great Beings willing, this guy better be a Toa, too. From what Onewa said, I was pretty sure he was. It was awesome to watch him blast those rocks at the nest. I would almost like to thank that Nui-Jaga for giving me a chance to help Pohatu a little!GaliGee: He seemed very grateful.Takua: Pohatu is very gracious. And very reassuring. It's so sad that Hafu is missing. Pohatu is very attached to his villagers. He must be heartbroken that he has to fight the Bohrok instead of looking for his Tohunga.GaliGee: Actually, I think Pohatu is on his way to save him. Yes, Hafu is a real hero, too.Takua: Far more that I am! He put himself right in harm's way. Hafu was a great companion on the Kini Nui trip, too. He's a little cocky sometimes, but with all that talent, strength, and bravery, he's got a right to be.GaliGee: What about Onu-Koro?Takua: I didn't go there right away. After the Po-Koronans were safe, I went back to the beach of Ta-Koro to look at that telescope. I had noticed it before, but I wanted a closer look. Then I wandered into Ta-Koro. That looked REALLY familiar, since I used to live there.GaliGee: Why did you leave Ta-Koro, anyway?Takua: I don't remember all of it, but my old friends have filled me in. It seems I used to be pretty arrogant. With my weird color scheme, I grew up kind of defensive about everything. To avoid being teased, I thought I had to be the best at everything. That's why I learned to lava surf so well. I was obsessed. But anyway, I alienated a lot of the villagers -- they didn't like my attitude. Can't say I blame them. One day, I picked a fight with someone, and it just blew up into a huge mess, and finally I just grabbed my backpack and disc and left. I wandered around for a while, fighting Rahi and brooding a lot. And then a Tarakava got me pretty bad, after which I woke up on the beach, like I said before.GaliGee: Wow. But it all turned out for the best, because you never would have helped to save Mata Nui if you had stayed in Ta-Koro. So tell us about your adventures in Onu-Koro.Takua: I wandered around some more before straying into Whenua's hut and hearing about all the problems they were having with the lightstone mine and the mysterious rock layer in the great mine. So I got out my board and surfed across the lava flow. Easy! For me, anyway. But again, they were really grateful. I was finding this kind of work to be really rewarding!GaliGee: You helped them with some really big problems that only you were in a position to handle.Takua: Yes, it was that "right place at the right time" thing again. Then, when I saw the sundial, I remembered vaguely that Nokama had spoken of her astrologer. So I took that miner's picture to her. I still remember that like it was yesterday!GaliGee: Why was that so memorable?Takua: When I showed the picture to Nixie, she figured out what to do right away, and gave me the gnomon to do it. I was really looking for an excuse to stick around, but she practically kicked me out of her hut. Turns out she was working on the Bohrok prophesy, and she really WAS busy.GaliGee: You wanted to spend more time with her?Takua: Of course! She's so pretty, and smart, too.GaliGee: Pretty? She looks like you!Takua: Oh, you mean our blue Pakari! [laughs] Well, that's not the only thing that makes her pretty. The way she moves, and talks, and smells, the sparkle in her eyes... [sighs]GaliGee: Are you going to see her again?Takua: I hope so. At the victory party she asked me to come over and look at the stars with her sometime. Oh, man! But then the Bohrok showed up. [expletive deleted] Bohrok!GaliGee: I see that you have an extra reason to hope the Toa defeat the Bohrok soon.Takua: You bet.GaliGee: How about your Le-Koro adventure?Takua: That was such a blast! Kongu is a great guy. And what a wild ride. I just about had a heart attack when we crashed, but Kongu grabbed me just in time and somehow wrapped a vine around me. And then he was ready to go again! I'll never forget seeing Lewa in the infected mask, looming above us with that evil look in his eye. That was absolutely terrifying.GaliGee: How did you feel when you saw Onua?Takua: Very relieved, once I figured out what was going on. What a spectacular battle that was! One that will live in Mata Nui history. We Tohunga, and Matau, just tried to stay the heck out of the way.GaliGee: How about the Kini Nui trip?Takua: It was amazing. Everyone helped out in some way to get us there. Of course, I was really hoping Nokama would let me bring Nixie, but when Maku came instead, that was cool. I would have been too worried about Nixie getting hurt to concentrate anyway. And Maku is a real tomboy -- she can sling a disc like nobody's business with that arm of hers, really strong from all that paddling.GaliGee: Were you afraid when the Rahi attacked?Takua: What do you think? Definitely. But we all tried to encourage each other. And when Kongu with his Kahu-force, and Onepu's Ussalry, and Jala's guard showed up, we were so impressed! Finally, the whole island had learned to fight together. And we had those Rahi on the run!GaliGee: And then you got to see all the Toa together.Takua: Gali made me feel so welcome. Wow. And we got to watch them drop down into Makuta's lair. Our hearts were in our throats! After we said a prayer for them, I started seeing those visions Gali sent me. And I knew I had to follow them down there. The evil and the horror -- you could almost taste it in the air.GaliGee: What did you think when you first saw Makuta?Takua: I was puzzled, just like Tahu. But Kopaka was right, of course. That's Makuta's stock-in-trade, lies and deceit. I can't possibly describe the roller coaster of feelings I went through as the Toa were first chased and struck, and then struck back with their powers. The roar was deafening.GaliGee: You were the first on Mata Nui to see the Bohrok.Takua: Yeah, lucky me. Those are the biggest, ugliest bugs I've ever seen. And they are even meaner than they look.GaliGee: Vakama certainly had some words of praise for you when you came out.Takua: Yes, Vakama had been really mad at me for stirring up so much trouble in Ta-Koro. But he forgave me for everything, and let me know I would be very welcome to return. I almost cried with joy, after going through so much anger and fear and excitement -- the thought of spending time with friends again was really great.GaliGee: What's your next adventure going to be?Takua: I'm gonna take it easy for a while. I hope.GaliGee: Have you played the Mata Nui Online Game?Takua: Of course! Templar was calling me about once a week, asking me questions and getting me to try out the different parts. Luckily Nuju let me use the Ko-Koro computer, which is connected directly to the satellite dish. Everyone else on Mata Nui still has dial-up, and that would have been really slow.GaliGee: Did Templar do a good job?Takua: Definitely. Playing the game gave me goosebumps! I felt like I was there again, going through the same adventure.GaliGee: Do you have anything else to add for the BZ members?Takua: Yeah. You guys spend way too much time trying to figure out whether we are robots or not! We're alive!GaliGee: I never doubted it for a minute. Thanks so much for your time, Takua. You are as noble as your reputation, and resourceful.Takua: I'm sooooo sick of hearing that! Just kidding. Thanks for calling. Give my best to BZ. [click]Takua, the Chronicler, the traveler, the hero. All of Mata Nui owes their lives to this brave but humble Matoran. Thanks for tuning in -- this is GaliGee reporting. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic.

Edited by GaliGee

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

Welcome back. After Pohatu's daring rescue of Hafu, I just had to talk to the brave Tohunga who sacrificed his masterful statues, and almost his life, to protect his village of Po-Koro. So here is our conversation. hafu-interview.jpg Interview with Hafu the Stone-Carver GaliGee: Thanks for this interview, Hafu. It's an honor to speak with such a brave hero.Hafu: If you say so.GaliGee: Please describe for the BZ members what the Po-Koro Tahnok attack was like.Hafu: It was awful. We heard rumbling, and saw smoke on the horizon. Everything was glowing red. We couldn't figure out what would be on fire, out in the desert. Then we realized it was the SAND that was on fire. That's when we got really scared.GaliGee: Yikes!Hafu: My reaction exactly. Then, when the Tahnok blasted through the barricades, we were sure we were goners.GaliGee: Then you realized how you could stop them.Hafu: Yes. Onewa can be very persuasive, having the Komau and all. I really didn't want to knock down my own statues, but it had to be done.GaliGee: It was very courageous of you to go out there alone.Hafu: Courageous, or stupid. I'm not sure which. But fortunately, with the Toa around, we're never really alone.GaliGee: What did you think when Pohatu showed up?Hafu: Well, I saw one of the Tahnok launch this gummy blue thing at me. Later I found out how narrowly I had missed being enslaved by the swarm. It's funny, because I felt Pohatu before I saw him. I thought one of the Tahnok had grabbed me from behind. There was this blur, and then I was lifted up. I was expecting to feel searing heat, then I looked and saw it was Pohatu's hand holding me. I just about fainted with relief. But we were still there, in the middle of the swarm. Still, when he winked at me I suddenly felt that, somehow, everything would be OK.GaliGee: How about the catapult ride?Hafu: Whee! I was really impressed with Pohatu's quick thinking, using the Komau, and with Huki's skill. What a kick! Then up we went. It happened so fast, I didn't have time to panic. And when we landed, I was so relieved. I hugged Huki so hard it made his back crack.GaliGee: That's funny! You and Huki are pretty good friends, I take it?Hafu: Very good friends. We didn't used to be. We were rivals. I thought he was a show-off sports star, and he thought I was a show-off artist. And we both wanted to be Onewa's second-in-command. But then, we got to be friends, in kind of a weird way. You know, sometimes when you get to know someone, you can really change your mind about him.GaliGee: How's that?Hafu: Well, Maku has this friend, Lili, that she brought over in the canoe one time to watch a Koli match with her. All of a sudden I found myself wanting to watch Koli, too. After the game, we all hung out together for a while, and I found out that Huki was actually a cool guy. So we became best friends.GaliGee: What about Lili?Hafu: I haven't seen her in a long time, because of the Bohrok. [expletive deleted] Bohrok!GaliGee: Yes, everyone I've talked to feels that way. So how did you get to be such a good carver?Hafu: Practice, practice, practice. I just messed around with a chisel constantly, and eventually I got good. But you know, I look at it really differently now. I used to think it was all me, look at me, I'm really hot. But now I see that the Great Beings gave me this gift, of skill in carving, so that I could help defend Po-Koro. Really humbling, actually, to realize I'm just a cog in history. But really flattering, that they selected me.GaliGee: Your carvings ARE really amazing. How long do they take?Hafu: Well, the Path of Prophesy ones took a couple of months each, because I did them all myself. The Toa Kanohi in the Quarry went faster, since I had a whole team working for me. But I was putting in 16-hour days. It was grueling.GaliGee: Those statues are beautiful. What are they for? Are they all hollow inside, like the one where the Nui-Jaga made its nest with the infected Koli balls?Hafu: Thanks. Yes, they are all hollow. They are emergency shelters. The Turaga hold the keys. Except when the Koli salesman stole one key. They say he made a deal with Makuta. Sold out his own people! Maybe he didn't know at the time, but he's lucky no one has found him.GaliGee: Say, tell us about the first time you were a hero! When Takua took you to Kini-Nui to defend the Toa's backs.Hafu: That was great. Well, I kept seeing this rainbow dude while I was working on the road signs. Back and forth, back and forth. He was always friendly, but I had no idea what he was up to. Finally he stopped me again, and I figured he wanted to learn to carve, since he didn't seem to have a job. But he told me he had gotten Onewa's permission to take me to Kini Nui for a defense mission. I said, OK. He turned out to be terrific. Brave, cheerful, humble, all that, you know, like your Boy Scouts.GaliGee: What did you think of your companions?Hafu: I already knew Maku, like I said, and she's good company. And I also knew Taipu. He and I are like night and day in terms of personality, but we've always liked each other. He's really funny. And strong, too. And he's got this almost ridiculous enthusiasm.GaliGee: How about Kopeke?Hafu: ...GaliGee: Excuse me?Hafu [laughs]: He doesn't say much. Nice enough guy, when he does open his mouth. Great with a disc, too. He really waylaid those Rahi. Also, I like the way he can carve ice.GaliGee: Kapura?Hafu: Weird dude. I don't know what the heck he is talking about half the time. But he is really loyal, and covers your back. I'd like him to teach me his relocating trick sometime. Then I could go see Lili without having to get in a boat!GaliGee: And Tamaru?Hafu: Tamaru is great fun. And the wacky way they talk in Le-Koro! Taipu has told me about the party they had when they got back from the Rama hive. I'd like to go there after the Toa get rid of these Bohrok.GaliGee: So what was the Rahi battle like?Hafu: Alternating hope and despair. Here would come a couple of them, and we'd recoil in fear, then we'd rally and let 'em have it. Eventually we beat them back, after getting our masks knocked off a few times. Then came the big wave.GaliGee: That must have been terrifying.Hafu: You have NO idea. But then, Kongu, and Onepu, and Jala, and all the brave Matoran in their armies, all showed up at once. Just like a Hollywood ending!GaliGee: What are you going to do next?Hafu: Lay low, until the Bohrok are gone. Then we see whether the Great Beings will grant us peace again. I sure hope so.GaliGee: Me too, but I have my doubts. Anyway, it's been wonderful talking to you, and all of us at BZ are really in awe of all you have done for Mata Nui.Hafu: Just doing my job. I'm just lucky I could help. Give my regards to BZ.GaliGee: Thanks again. I will. [click]Hafu, carver of stone, has etched a place for himself in the history of Mata Nui. We will never forget his brave deeds. This is GaliGee reporting. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic. Edited by GaliGee

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

Greetings, Readers. I had a pleasant surprise today. I called Po-Koro to talk to Huki, and Maku was there, too! So here is the conversation with the two Tohunga whose love is now legendary.huki-maku-interview.jpgInterview with Huki and MakuGaliGee: Thanks for agreeing to talk with us, Huki. Everyone on BZ is really looking forward to hearing about your latest adventure.Huki: No problem, GaliGee. We -- haha -- love to -- hehehe -- stop tickling me, Maku!GaliGee: Maku is there, too?Huki: Unfortunately. Haha -- stop it -- haha --GaliGee: Do you have a speaker phone?Huki: Yep. I'll turn it on. [click]Maku: Hi, GaliGee!GaliGee: Hi, Maku! What are you doing there? Aren't you supposed to be in Ga-Koro, with all the Bohrok out there?Maku: Don't tell Nokama I'm here, OK?GaliGee: Well, I can't guarantee she won't read this on BZ. Do you want me to leave you out of the interview, and just talk to Huki?Maku: No, that's OK. I'll be back by the time she reads it. At least she won’t worry about me.GaliGee: OK. Well, of course, the first thing we want to know about is Huki's role in Hafu's rescue by Pohatu. Would you describe that to us, please, Huki?Huki: Well, we figured out pretty quick that the only solution was for Hafu to knock down the statues and block the entrance to Po-Koro from the Tahnok swarm. Of course, they could have blasted through that, too, eventually, but we were hoping they would lose interest and go somewhere else when they perceived how much stone was in front of them. And that rascal jumped down there and started doing it before I could even gather a team to protect him. I was just sick at heart, watching him from the lookout post.GaliGee: Hafu says you two are really close friends.Huki: He’s my best friend. And I promised to protect him. But then I saw I couldn’t. Until Pohatu showed up and grabbed him. We didn’t even see him coming, he was so fast. But suddenly he was there, scooping up Hafu like a lost puppy.GaliGee: How did you know Pohatu was trying to get you to kick that rock?Huki: I didn’t. I just felt this overwhelming drive to do it. Later Hafu told me he had used the Komau on me.GaliGee: That was an outstanding shot! Everyone at BZ was really impressed.Huki: Thanks. Pohatu said so, too, and that made me feel five Bios tall. And when I hugged Hafu, I never wanted to let him go!GaliGee: Hafu says he made your back crack.Huki: Yep! But Maku gave me a backrub, and I felt better after that.Maku: He just made that up so he could get a backrub outta me.Huki: It was real! Ask Hafu!Maku: Hafu was in on it, too.GaliGee: So how often do you come over here, Maku? Or do you want to skip that one?Maku: Uh, whenever I can. Nokama, if you’re reading this, don’t ground me! I do my patrolling, too!Huki: She worries me sick, GaliGee. She keeps showing up, and I’m always scared she’ll get attacked by a Rahi. Or a Gahlok. One time she was knocked out of her boat by a Tarakava, and she hid in a coral reef until it passed by. When I heard about that, I wanted to start going with her to protect her. But then I would have had to ride in that dang boat.GaliGee: I see why you’re worried, Huki. But it’s a good thing Maku is strong and a good fighter.Huki: Not a strong as me!Maku: Put me down, Huki!GaliGee: You don’t like boat rides much, Huki? I hear Po-Koronans don’t like water.Huki: Ugh. It’s wet! Maku keeps trying to give me swimming lessons.Maku: On the subject, when ARE we going to do a swimming lesson?Huki: Next week.Maku: You said that LAST week!Huki: Just as soon as you let me give you a rock-busting lesson.Maku: Next week.Huki [laughs]: You said that last week. Well, at least she plays Koli with me.Maku: It makes my feet hurt! But I do it, just for him.Huki: Awwww.GaliGee: You two are rather different. Everyone at BZ wants to know how you got together.Huki: It was at one of the Mata Nui sports tournaments. After the Koli championship, a bunch of my teammates lifted me onto their shoulders, and I spotted Maku across the crowd. I remembered seeing her win the canoe races, and I wanted to meet her.Maku: He wouldn’t stop following me around until I agreed to have dinner with him.Huki: And from that moment on, I knew she would be MINE. All mine!Maku: In your DREAMS, Huki.Huki: If you only knew about my dreams, Maku. Hey! Give me my mask back!Maku: Come and get it, slowpoke.GaliGee: On that subject, we at BZ have been wondering. The Great Masks grant great powers, and the Noble Masks somewhat less. What do masks do for Tohunga?Maku: They give us extra abilities, but not like the Toa, obviously. Like Huki is extra fast with his mask.Huki: And Maku is really good at hide and seek. She blends in, like camouflage. Give that back to me! Hey, where did you go?GaliGee: Amazing. What did you think, Huki, when you first saw that Pohatu had the same mask as you?Huki: Great! I was feeling second-rate, since my mask didn’t match any of the Turaga. But when Pohatu showed up, I was so proud! Gotcha, Maku! Finally, my mask.Maku: Hey! Stop it with the noogies! You promised no more noogies!Huki: Hehe.GaliGee: Another experience we’d like to hear about is when you were infected, Huki.Huki: What a nightmare. I’d just gotten my new Comet, and it handled like a dream. But then, I started feeling funny. Pretty soon I was confined to my hut, babbling deliriously. Felt like I was on fire. I dimly remember someone coming and marking my hut with black paint. And then this funny-colored guy showed up and talked to me. I thought I was hallucinating! He promised to help, but I thought he was some kind of angel of death or something. Then, Onewa came in and took my Comet away, and I began to feel better.GaliGee: At BZ, we were impressed that even though you were so sick, you were still concerned about Maku. And that Maku was so worried about you. We also noticed that autographed poster of Huki in your hut, Maku. “With lots of love, Huki.”Maku: Oh, man, I WAS worried! I had heard about it from Jala’s guard. They come around and check on things in all the villages.Huki: Thank the Great Beings, and Pohatu, and Takua, that we were saved.GaliGee: Maku, did you bring Lili with you this time?Maku: Yes. She’s out at the quarry with Hafu. He’s carving a statue of her.Huki: Again.Huki and Maku: Another Hafu original.Maku: This must be the fifth one.Huki: Yes, if you count the tiny one he keeps on his night stand. It’s only about a quarter of a Bio tall, but man, the detail! Hafu’s really good.GaliGee: He sure is.Huki: Good thing, too, because he’s really full of himself. But he should be, with all that talent.Maku: So what’s YOUR excuse, for being full of yourself?Huki: Hey, I’m talented, too! Have you seen my trophies?GaliGee: We have! So, what does Lili look like?Huki: Blue Kakama. Really cute. OW! But not as cute as Maku.GaliGee: Well, I’ll let you guys go. Thanks so much for talking to us!Maku: We enjoyed it, GaliGee. Hey, Huki! Stop that! I’m not that kind of girl!Huki: Oh, yes you are! Bye, GaliGee! [click]So there’s the perspective from Mata Nui’s most famous couple. And their love is apparently as strong as their disc-arms. This is GaliGee reporting. Thanks to pohatu jr for many ideas, and to TheBlindMan2 for letting me use his mask idea (well, technically, I stole it, but he was out of town, and maybe he would have let me). :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic. Edited by GaliGee

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

After seeing the daring rescue of Le-Koro from the Bohrok, I called the two vine-swinging heroes, Kongu and Tamaru, to hear all the details.kongu-tamaru-interview.jpgInterview with Kongu and TamaruGaliGee: Gentlemen, we’re honored that you would come speak with us. We at BZP were certainly impressed by your recent liberation of Le-Koro.Kongu: Thanks, GaliGee. But without the helpgiving Boxors, we would still be leafhiding from those evildark Nuhvok.Tamaru: Yes, those fightmachines are breathtaking. Thank the Great Beings for the smartbrain of that geeknerd Nuparu.GaliGee: They are ingenious! But without your bravery, they never could have defeated the Nuhvok. Like Nuparu said, the Boxors don’t maneuver well in the trees.Kongu: Yes, colorbright Takua had a good plan.Tamaru: Always the cleverthink adventurer, he is.GaliGee: Come on, you guys! Aren’t you going to take ANY credit for this rescue?Tamaru: Well, Kongu deserves some. He freeswung from a vine to shove me out of the way of a fastlaunch krana, when the Lehvak were attacking.GaliGee: Wow, that’s impressive, Kongu.Kongu: And Tamaru, he saved me from plungefalling when my Kahu was hit with acid from the vileswamp Bohrok.GaliGee: Your Kahu was hit with Lehvak acid? Oh, no!Kongu: Oh, he’s healed now.GaliGee: Well, I’m glad he’s safe. What else can you tell us about the Lehvak attack?Kongu: It was a darktime horrorsight. The Lehvak surrounded the treebase of the village, and shot acid at the neargrowing trees. They fell halfleaning against the bigtree. This way the Lehvak made a ramp up to the treebright village.GaliGee: That must have been horrible! You were in the tree, watching them construct a ramp up to your village?Tamaru: Yes. Those of us who birdsoar were getting airborne, but the rest of us were ready with our discs.Kongu: But some of the Lehvak sunsoar as well, so the Kahu Force and Kewa Flyer Matoran were knocked off before they could highlift away. Soon the whole village was kranaed.Tamaru: Kongu and I were trying to be breathstill, and not be discovered. We could see the others pulling at their faces for a few moments, trying to riptear off the krana. But then they stopped, and they crowded around the Lehvak, like they were waiting for orders.Kongu: We were leafhiding from Turaga Matau, since we could see he was wearing a krana. He had told us the legendstory of the krana and how they can gripgrab the mind. And we saw him telling the Lehvak where to start dissolving through the bigtree to destroy the treebright village! We were so horrorstruck!GaliGee: Tell me what happened when Lewa showed up.Tamaru: Oh, we had such high hopes when we heard Mighty Toa Lewa coming! But he is a much faster leaf-runner than I, so he got to the village before I could warn him. And they swarmed all over him -- the Le-Koronans held him down so the Lehvak could do their evil work. It was so sad, because he didn’t dare use his airpowers or his axeblade on them, for fear of hurting them.Kongu: When I saw Lewa stand up facewearing the krana, it was just like in the Rama hive, when the fouldark Rahi put the infected Miru on him.GaliGee: Did you feel like your hero had let you down?Tamaru: Never! In his heart we knew Toa Lewa would be whole again, and would save us somehow.Kongu: But it did give us a fearfright to see him hacking down trees, and laughing like he was insane.GaliGee: Then what did you do?Kongu: We decided to go to Onu-Koro to ask for help. Mighty Toa Onua saved Lewa once. We thought he might be able to do it again.Tamaru: So we took the groundpath to the tunnel entrance, and we scrambled overrock to get inside. But the tunnel was caved in, probably by the Lehvak.Kongu [laughs]: And we can dig about as well as the Onu-Koronans can fly.GaliGee: That sounds hopeless!Kongu: Le-Koronans never give up hope. We sang a joysong to encourage ourselves, then we traveled deepwood toward Ta-Koro. Maybe Mighty Toa Tahu could help. But then we felt the earth trembleshake, and Toa Onua was there, with some Matoran in these strange contraptions!Tamaru: We lowducked and followed them, to see what they would do.Kongu: Sure enough, Toa Onua found Toa Lewa, and we heard what he said. And Toa Lewa pulled off the krana! We were so proud of our mighty Toa. We began to jump and joysing. But then the Lehvak showed up, so we leafhid again. And the Toa disappeared.Tamaru: Those Boxors beat back the Lehvak, and then they went back to Onu-Koro.GaliGee: But they returned later, to free Le-Koro?Kongu: Yep. We figured they would be back, because they knew what had happened. So we camped out and waited. It was good that there were two of us, so one could watchkeep while the other slept.GaliGee: Luckily you knew how survive in the woods.Tamaru: Oh, yes, we are good at that. Everquick Kongu sneaked into the village and took a lightstone and some tools, so we built a leaftent. It was fun!Kongu: It was great! Except for Tamaru’s cooking. A clod of dirt in every bite.Tamaru: Like YOUR cooking was any better. You kept dropping the food into the campfire.Kongu: Well, I kept falling asleep. How could I stay awake through your long-wind storytelling?Tamaru: Then you should have played the flute for yourself. No one could sleep through that screechhonking!Kongu: I was just trying to cheer you up! At least the flute covered up the noise of your snoring.GaliGee: So… you got a little cabin fever.Kongu: Yes. But our hopesong kept us from going crazy and killing each other.Tamaru: We’re like brothers now!GaliGee: Then Takua and Nuparu found you?Kongu: Yes. They brought the Boxors back, and we talked about strategy. Since Tamaru and I are good topleaf wayfinders, we lured the Bohrok and kranaed villagers into their baldland trap.GaliGee: Tamaru, we liked your trick for getting the Nuhvok’s attention.Tamaru [laughs]: Yes, I got in trouble with Turaga Matau for doing that to Kongu once. But I remembered the look on Kongu’s face, so I decided to try it on the evildark Bohrok!GaliGee: Do your friends seem different, after wearing the krana?Kongu: Some of them say they have nightmares. But they are all themselves again.GaliGee: Well, your heroism will long be remembered on Mata Nui, and on BZPower. What are you going to do, now that the Bohrok have been defeated?Tamaru: Help Turaga Matau repair the village. And sleep in my own bed!Kongu: Yeah, now he can loudsnore in peace.Tamaru: And close the windows when I hear Kongu shriekblasting on his flute.Kongu: You’re just jealous of my songtalent.Tamaru: Maybe you could use your music to repel the gnatflies from the village.GaliGee: Well, I’ll let you get back to your repair work. Thanks for talking with us!Kongu: You’re welcome, GaliGee. May your heart be ever sunsoaring!Tamaru: Just like Kongu’s flute will be, if I ever get hold of it. Bye, GaliGee!Kongu: Hey, get away from my flute! Bye! [click]Well, once again adversity strengthens the bonds of friendship. The little green men of Le-Koro were right to have faith in the Toa and their fellow Matorans. This is GaliGee reporting. :kaukaunu: If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic. Edited by GaliGee

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

My phone rang yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Lewa’s number on the Caller ID box. But when I answered, I was surprised again, and not pleasantly.Interview with the Bohrok-KalGaliGee: Hi, Lewa! What’s going on?Voice: I’m not Lewa. I’m Lehvak-Kal. But you can call me “Sir.”GaliGee: Come on, Lewa, I know it’s you. I see “LEWA TOA OF AIR” on my Caller ID. And I recognize your number.Voice: It’s Lewa’s phone, all right. But your powerless green friend is indisposed at the moment.GaliGee: Well… your voice doesn’t sound like Lewa’s. What have you done with Lewa? Are you really Lehvak-Kal? [suddenly all the air in the room is sucked out the door] Aack… gasp…Lehvak-Kal: NOW do you believe me?GaliGee [as air rushes back into room, slamming me into opposite wall] Ouch! OK, I believe you! But what have you done with Lewa?Lehvak-Kal: We spanked him. Him and his puny feeble buddies. Muah hah hah.GaliGee: If you called me just to do your evil laugh thing, I’m going to hang up.Lehvak-Kal: No, I called to let you know your pathetic little friends are going to suffer a humiliating and painful defeat at our hand-shields. But you already knew that.GaliGee: I don’t believe it.Lehvak-Kal: Then maybe you’ll believe it from my brother. Here, you talk to her.Tahnok-Kal [as arcs of electricity jump out of every appliance in the room]: Hello, GaliGee. You might want to ground yourself. [arcs join into one huge bolt of lightning, which sets fire to my couch]GaliGee: Aargh! You don’t have to prove how powerful you are. THAT I do believe. I just don’t think the Toa are going to knuckle under. They are far too dedicated and intelligent to do that. [grabs fire extinguisher and douses couch]Nuhvok-Kal: Oh, they’re going down, all right.GaliGee [crumpling to the floor under what feels like a thousand pounds of gravity]: I… still… don’t… ungh…Nuhvok-Kal: Oh, why are we wasting our time on her? She’s just an imitation of a Toa. She doesn’t even have any powers. [releases gravity field]Kohrak-Kal: Neither do the real Toa! Ha, ha!Gahlok-Kal: I almost wish they did. It would make the fight more fun.Kohrak-Kal: Blasphemy! Remember our mission, Gahlok-Kal. We are not here to have fun.Gahlok-Kal: But we can still have a little fun, if the mission is proceeding according to plan. [suddenly all the metal objects in the room, including me, fly out the window, shattering the glass]GaliGee [crawling back through the window]: You guys have proven your point. I know you are formidable creatures. But why are you bent on destroying Mata Nui?Pahrak-Kal: We aren’t destroying it. We are restoring it.GaliGee: To what? A bare rock in the middle of the ocean?Pahrak-Kal: That would be nice.GaliGee: Why?Gahlok-Kal: Because our mommies said so.GaliGee: Your – oh, the Bahrag. But why do they want that?Tahnok-Kal: Because things were great before you pesky creatures came along. Besides, we don’t question our mommies.GaliGee: Maybe I’m a little old-fashioned, and not very politically correct, but I don’t think it’s good for children to be raised by two mothers. Especially boys. Who’s your father figure? Makuta?Lehvak-Kal: Oh, please.Nuhvok-Kal: Don’t make me laugh.Tahnok-Kal: What a poser. I can’t believe how easily he was defeated. After all that big talk, too.GaliGee: But you must be aware that he’s going to return.Gahlok-Kal: Oh, no! I’m SO scared!Lehvak-Kal: Oh, big bad Makuta’s coming back! He’s gonna give us a cold! Ha, ha, ha!GaliGee: You don’t seem to be afraid of anything.Kohrak-Kal: Fear is for the weak. You forget who you’re dealing with here. [A strange high-pitched whine fills the air, builds to a scream, and ends in a loud “boom.” The drywall crumbles from the wall studs in a big cloud of gypsum dust.]GaliGee [coughing and rubbing head]: As I said before, I know you’re powerful. That’s not the issue here. Of course you have the advantage when it comes to elemental powers, since the Toa’s are gone.Tahnok-Kal: Did you figure that out all by yourself, GaliGee?Lehvak-Kal: Maybe the “Gee” is short for “Genius.”GaliGee: But I still think the Toa will find a way to get them back.Gahlok-Kal: Ha! Are they going to come pull the symbols off our backs? I’d like to see them try!GaliGee: Well, you must have SOME weakness. Otherwise, you would be in charge, not the Bahrag.Pahrak-Kal: They’re only in charge because we let them be.Lehvak-Kal: Oh, you know that’s not true. It’s because they are our mommies, and they know best.GaliGee: So it’s superior wisdom on their part.Tahnok-Kal: No! They are no wiser than us. They just know the legends better. But now that we have hatched –Kohrak-Kal: You’re not going to say what I think you’re going to say, are you?Tahnok-Kal: -- we have had a chance to learn. And now WE are wise enough to rule.Kohrak-Kal: You impulsive hot-head! Have you learned nothing? [sonic boom and explosions in the distance]GaliGee: This sounds somehow familiar.Gahlok-Kal: Enough! We have learned what we set out to learn. As Bohrok-Kal, we have more powers, and more control over those powers, than ever before.GaliGee: It is a shame you cannot control your tempers as well.Gahlok-Kal: How did you know what I was going to say?GaliGee: Just a hunch.Nuhvok-Kal: But the point is, we have no weaknesses.Tahnok-Kal: Except for Kohrak-Kal. His weakness is that he has no guts.Kohrak-Kal: And Tahnok-Kal’s weakness is that he has no brains.Lehvak-Kal: Will you two cut it out? I’m about to s uck you both back into your canisters, if this keeps up.Nuhvok-Kal: You would endanger the mission, just because you don’t like a little arguing? You fool! [loud thud]Lehvak-Kal: Let… me… up… you… [sound of rushing air]Nuhvok-Kal [voice receding]: Hey, cut that ouuuuuuuut!Pahrak-Kal: Such imbeciles. Why are we stuck working with them, Gahlok-Kal?Gahlok-Kal: Because they’re our brothers. Duh.Pahrak-Kal: Don’t “duh” me, magnet-head! [blasting sound]Gahlok-Kal: Oh, yeah? Well, take that! [buzzing noise]GaliGee [relieved they are busy fighting each other, and Pahrak-Kal hasn’t melted anything in my house]: Well, I’ve got to go now. Bye.Pahrak-Kal: Oh, but you haven’t tasted the power of plasma yet. Shall I vaporize your computer, or your TV?GaliGee [nervously]: Uh, neither one, if you don’t mind.Pahrak-Kal: Suit yourself. [refrigerator starts to glow red, then explodes, hurling bits of molten steel all over the kitchen]GaliGee [picking bits of red-hot metal out of my shoulder joint, and wishing I had worn my armor today]: Maybe I should go out for dinner. Well, it’s been real. Unfortunately.Bohrok-Kal: Goodbye, you powerless little punk! We’ll say hi to your pathetic weakling friends for you before we reduce them to twisted bits of protodermis! [click]Unfortunately, there won’t be any more interviews for a while, because I have a bit of remodeling to do. But the Toa will have bigger problems than that, I’m afraid. Thanks to Goeyoshi for story ideas! This is GaliGee reporting. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic.

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

Amazing, but true! I got a phone call from Gali. And I thought she was mad at me for spreading rumors about her love life! But fortunately, in her wisdom Gali is slow to anger and quick to forgive.Gali Interviews GaliGeeGali: Hi GaliGee, mind if I interview you?GaliGee: Wow, what an honor! Sure!Gali: It’s not much of an honor. We’re bored out of our minds in here.GaliGee: Where are you?Gali: Trapped in the Bohrok nest. With a bunch of hot lava hanging over our heads.GaliGee: At the end of Comic #6!Gali: Yep. So, do you like cheese?GaliGee: Hey! Is this really TuragaVakama? How did you get your voice to sound like Gali’s?Gali [laughs]: No, it’s really Gali. We’ve been lurking on BZ for a couple of weeks now, and reading all your silly stuff.GaliGee: But, there’s molten lava over your heads! Aren’t you trying to do something about that?Gali: No, we’re just stuck here until LEGO gets Comic #7 out, anyway. At first we were on pins and needles, but then it became obvious we’ll just be waiting here for two months. So we’ve been reading BZ and moderator, hoping to find clues to the storyline. And talking with the Turaga. But mostly, we’re just killing time at this point. Your number was in my phone, in the Incoming Calls menu, so I just called you up.GaliGee: Wow! So Makuta was right! You’re in limbo!Gali: For once that [expletive deleted] wasn’t lying. We know what’s supposed to happen in Comic #8, thanks to D posting the script on BZ, but we don’t know what will happen between now and then.GaliGee: Incredible. So how are you getting onto the Internet?Gali: Kopaka’s PocketPC. It’s solar powered, and the glow from the lava is just enough to keep it running. If Tahu were in here, he could do it with his fire sword, but the poor guy is trapped in there with those Bohrok pods, so we just point the little solar cell at the lava.GaliGee: Aren’t you worried about Tahu?Gali: Definitely. But we know he’ll be OK, because he’s in Comic #8. I just hope he’s not suffering too much.GaliGee: What have you found out on the Internet?Gali: Well, LEGO finally put the Bahrag in the bios on bionicle.com, and now that Greg Farshtey has joined BZ, we learned some potentially useful stuff about the Va krana. Say, why don’t you guys put the pressure on him, maybe he’ll leak some secrets from the future storyline for us.GaliGee: That’s does sound useful. OK, we will.Gali: And we were really excited to hear that TheBlindMan2 is getting surgery for his eyes. We’re praying for him! Soon he’ll be able to see how beautiful I am.GaliGee: Um, well, yes, you are beautiful –Gali: I’m just kidding! We also got to see what we’ll look like when we go Nuva. I can’t wait! I just wish I knew whose evil butt I’m going to get to kick with those rock axes.GaliGee: They ARE impressive!Gali: And I read about how Makuta hacked into your phone line when you were trying to order a pizza, and that you and your friends have been minions of Makuta by spreading rumors about my love life.GaliGee [swallowing hard]: I’m really sorry about that. I hope you can forgive me.Gali: Of course. It happens to the best of us. Look at Lewa! Twice, already! But don’t let it happen again.GaliGee [breathing again]: I’ll do my best.Gali: I guess I shouldn’t have flooded your house. I just got sick of all the innuendo.GaliGee: It’s OK. It was insured. And now I don’t have six inches of clutter on my desk anymore.Gali: But what I want to know is, how did you and FallenTurtles know about the secret love affair between me and Kopaka?GaliGee: What? That was just a joke! I mean –Gali: Even LEGO didn’t know until you opened your big mouth! Did you run into our child on BZ?GaliGee [anxiously remembering flooded house]: But I – you mean “Kopaka and Gali’s Child”? But that’s just someone’s screen name! Isn’t it? How could LEGO not –Gali [laughing]: Tahu was right. You are SO gullible, GaliGee!GaliGee: Oh, man, that was cold.[The other Toa can be heard laughing in the distance.]Kopaka: OK, that’s enough. It wasn’t THAT funny.Onua: Gali, can I be your boyfriend in our next joke on GaliGee?Gali: Sure, honey.GaliGee: Pardon me?Gali: Oh, I was talking to Onua.GaliGee: So just how bored ARE you getting in there, Gali?Gali: Not bored enough to make out with Onua, if that’s what you’re wondering.GaliGee: Um, I wasn't, but...Onua: Oh, well. Hey, enough laughing, guys! It wasn’t THAT funny!Gali: We’ve been having a pretty good time, considering. Kopaka made us some blocks of ice to play with.GaliGee: How do you have a good time with blocks of ice?Gali: Well, first I took a flat one and scratched some lines in it with my hooks. Lewa chopped up another chunk into 24 pieces, and we played a checkers tournament.GaliGee: That’s pretty creative! Who won? Let me guess, Kopaka?Gali: You got it! He and I were in the finals. He beat me three times, and I beat him once. But I think he was just letting me win.Kopaka [with mock indignation]: I would NEVER do that!Gali: And then Pohatu chipped a Koli ball out of another ice block, and we had a Koli match.GaliGee: Pohatu won?Gali: Duh. So then we had an arm-wrestling contest.GaliGee: Onua?Gali: Yep. After that, we saw who could do the most back flips in a row.GaliGee: Lewa?Gali: Right. One hundred thirty-four. I did one hundred twelve.GaliGee: Wow! That’s a lot! Did YOU win anything?Gali: Swimming. I called some water out of the air and made a lap pool. But there’s one thing I don’t understand. For the size of this chamber we’re trapped in, there was way too much water. Something is strange here, but I don’t know what it is.GaliGee: Well, you’re the water expert. So, anything you want to say about Tahu since he’s not here?Gali: He’s going to read this someday, GaliGee! Besides, I don’t have anything catty to say about Tahu, anyway. Some people get the impression he’s stern and grumpy, but actually he’s a lot of fun to party with.GaliGee: Yeah, I got to see his humorous side when I interviewed him.Gali: Now wait a minute. I’m supposed to be interviewing you! And you have gotten me to talk the whole time!GaliGee: Sorry. It’s what I do best.Gali: I guess I just needed someone to talk to besides these guys. [yells] Hey, no more smart-aleck comments from the peanut gallery back there! [quieter] Sorry, GaliGee. We’re getting cabin fever something awful around here.GaliGee: Sorry about that. What can I do?Gali: Entertain me! I mean, Pohatu does a terrific Elvis impersonation, but I've already heard all his songs at least three times. Don’t you play the piano or something?GaliGee: Yes, but not very well. Do you want to hear me play anyway?Gali: Anything to keep me from going insane. Hey, wait! Something’s going on! I think the storyline is starting back up! [roaring noises]GaliGee: Really? What’s going on?Gali: The lava started to fall again! But Kopaka has frozen it in place, at least for a few minutes. And Pohatu and Onua are trying to bust this stone one more time. It’s still not giving way.GaliGee: Oh, this is awful!Gali: But wait – Lewa – how is that possible… ?! He’s gone through the wall! Wow, it wasn’t real! Lewa has gotten a lot wiser since he ripped off that krana.GaliGee: So are you getting out?Gali: Kopaka, if we can’t trust our senses here –GaliGee: What? [The Toa’s voices are drowned out by noise]Gali: I think we are already too late. Can you feel it? The ground is getting HOT!GaliGee: Um, if you can, tell me what’s happening.Gali: I think you’ll be reading about this soon, GaliGee. We were talking about Ta --[huge explosion]Gali: Tahu! He blasted himself out! Like a pressure cooker! Wow!GaliGee: Thank God.Gali: And the Great Beings. Do you ever get the feeling there’s a lot more to this island than we know about?GaliGee: Definitely.Gali: Tahu agrees with you, GaliGee.GaliGee: Now what is going on?Gali: Some kind of tunnel leading to – Oh! A big chamber. With six massive doors. It seems to have been prepared for us. But by whom? Allies? Enemies? The Great Beings themselves?GaliGee: What sort of doors?Gali: They have strange indentations. It looks like – this is where the krana fit! Lewa is having some kind of insight… talking about the end of the Bohrok…GaliGee: The end of the Bohrok? I know several Tohunga who will be glad to hear that. They always seem to use bad language when I ask about the Bohrok.Gali: And for good reason, GaliGee. OK, I think we are about to find the Exo-Toa armor. Pohatu? Did you have any last-minute questions for GaliGee? She could probably get Purple Dave’s instructions up for you if – oh, never mind, he has them memorized. Pohatu says to tell Purple Dave he’s very grateful for the instructions on how to modify the Exo so that he can fit in it.GaliGee: I’ll tell him. I’m sure Purple Dave will be glad they helped.Gali: Now each of us must go down a separate passageway. Here I go!GaliGee: Good luck, Gali.Gali: Thanks. [breathing hard] I’m going as fast as I can, but it’s a looooooong tunnel.GaliGee: Well, I won’t ask you any pesky questions while you’re running. I’m kind of surprised your battery has lasted this long.Gali: Me, too. It’s almost dead. OK, there’s a hatch opening ahead. Wow! This is awesome! I can’t wait to blast those vicious steroid-overdosed chickens with THIS! Ooooooh!GaliGee: Does it fit OK?Gali: Does it ever! Wow! OK, my feet are in right, I grab on here… Hmmm, how do I launch the rocket? [zzzzzap] Oh, that’s it! And this hammer claw thing? Yeah, baby!GaliGee: Sounds powerful!Gali: No kidding! All right, I’m all suited up. Let’s rock and roll!GaliGee: Sounds like you really like your job, Gali.Gali: Times like this, yes. I’ve been looking forward to killing off these monsters. Hey, this thing is helping me walk! It’s power-assisted! Fantastic!GaliGee: Great!Gali: Hey, guys! Now where are those Bahrag? Uh, GaliGee, we’re all back together, looking for – oh, there they are. [sounds of blasting and explosions]GaliGee: Are you OK, Gali?Gali: Never felt better! Take that, you [expletive deleted]! And that! Hey, this isn’t working! What’s going on here? Oh, man, the Bahrag have elemental powers, too, like the Bohrok. And it’s getting really hot in here.GaliGee: Keep fighting, Gali, Mata Nui needs you!Gali: I know. But times like this, I wish I had gotten a job with Mattel instead of LEGO. Those Barbies, they have it good. The Dream House, the pink Corvette…GaliGee: I can’t see you fitting in, though, in the Barbies’ world. You’d have to wear makeup and dresses.Gali: True. And Ken, what a wimp.GaliGee: Except for all the monstrous evil creatures, you have it pretty good. You get to work with five handsome heroes!Gali: Good point. And I love ‘em dearly, every one. Thanks for cheering me up. Well, I gotta go, it’s REALLY getting hot. I think I know what part is coming next, it’s… where I collapse… on the… floor…GaliGee: Uh, oh, hang in there, Gali! We’re rooting for you!Gali: OK… GaliGee… bye… now… [click]There you have it, BZ members, Gali and her noble friends in the thick of battle with the hideous Bahrag. Let’s encourage LEGO to get Comic #8 out, pronto! Thanks to TuragaVakama, FallenTurtles, TheBlindMan2, and Kopaka and Gali's Child for help on this one. This is GaliGee reporting. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic. Edited by GaliGee

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

The Turaga have long played an important role in the affairs of Mata Nui, so I decided it was about time to have an interview with them. Well, strictly speaking, this is not an interview (sorry, I called it one out of habit). Nokama kindly arranged for me to listen to a meeting of the Turaga Council by speakerphone.turaga-interview.jpgInterview with All the TuragaGaliGee: Thank you for letting me listen in on your Turaga Council.Nokama: No problem, GaliGee. We’re just glad the BZ members still care enough about us to pay attention to one of our meetings. LEGO discontinued us, you know.GaliGee: Yes, I was really sorry to hear that. I ordered a whole set of you guys right away.Nokama: You did? How flattering.GaliGee: And then my 5-year-old built a Turaga MOC with two bodies and two heads. Yours and Matau’s.Nokama: Ugh. You didn’t have to tell me that.GaliGee: Sorry.Vakama [rapping his firestaff on a rock]: The Turaga Council will now come to order. Dang! My firestaff just went out. Onewa? Will you do me the honor of lighting it again, please?Onewa: Sure. I brought a couple of pieces of flint this time, on the hunch that this would happen again. [rubs flint together to light firestaff]Vakama: Thanks. Now, as I was saying –Whenua: Enough with the preamble! Let’s get on with it! I need to get back to Onu-Koro to supervise the flood cleanup.Vakama: If you would stop interrupting, we could move on. As I was saying, the meeting will now come to order. Nokama, will you please read the minutes of the last meeting?Nokama [rustling some papers]: Certainly. We last met a fortnight ago. You will recall that the Toa had gathered most of the krana in preparation for the final attack on the Bohrok to end the threat to Mata Nui once and for all. [clears her throat] Item 1. Validation of Prophecy. The prophesy of the Bohrok has come to pass, with swarms of creatures wielding six elemental powers seeking to destroy all life and landscape on Mata Nui. As was deciphered from the ancient writings, the Bohrok were controlled by living creatures called krana, which can be removed, rendering the Bohrok harmless. The Toa were informed of the need to collect one of each of the eight types of krana for each of the six breeds of Bohrok, and they will use these to unlock –Whenua: MUST we go over all this old news? My village is a giant mud slick right now. And my Ussal is double-parked.Vakama: Again? Then send someone to re-park it! And yes, we have to go through this again. It’s in the Council Charter.Whenua [muttering]: Charter, schmarter. OK, go on. Onepu? Will you please? [jingle of tossed keys] Thanks.Nokama: -- to unlock the ancient weapons hidden underground, which will enable them to defeat the swarms.Onewa: Well, THAT part didn’t happen, did it?Matau: From what Lewa said, those Exo suits were not very helpgiving. The Toa ended up taking them off.Nuju: [click] [whistle] [sneeze]Matoro: So the prophesy was accurate to a point. Bless you, sir.Nokama: In my opinion, the Exos helped for a while. But like you said, Matau, the Toa went back to using their elemental powers again. I think part of the reason for the Exos was just to encourage the Toa to take on the Bahrag without fear.Vakama: My Toa doesn’t need that kind of help. He’s fearless.Whenua: Oh, knock it off, Vakama. They were all terrified, if they had any brains at all.Onewa: I’m sure some heavy-duty hardware improved their attitude, anyway. Pohatu says he was able to throw a really immense rock with that claw arm thing.Nokama: Mind if I go on?Whenua: Please.Nokama: Item 2. Trash Problem. It was reported by Whenua that a large assortment of empty cans and paper trash is consistently being found at the entrance to the Onu-Le-Koro tunnel. Matau was requested to ensure that after all Le-Koronan party activity, appropriate measures be taken to clean up the area.Vakama: Whenua, has this problem been addressed?Whenua: I don’t care any more! My village is a mud hole! The Le-Koronans certainly aren’t any worse than the Bohrok.Matau [sarcastically]: Thanks.Onewa: Yeah, yeah. So the Le-Koronans are party animals. What else?Vakama: We have to address these items, so we can clear them from the agenda.Whenua: YES! The entrance to the tunnel looks great. Except for the big caved-in part that the Lehvak messed up. The Le-Koronans are off the hook, for now.Matau: Well, let’s sing a happysong of relief.Nokama: Item 3. Repair of the Ko-Wahi Cable Car. Nuju requested help from Whenua to repair the machinery, which was destroyed by the Kohrak.Vakama: Nuju?Nuju: [buzz] [click] [whistle] [beep]Matoro: Nuju says the cable car is in working order again, and thanks Whenua for sending his team of engineers.Whenua: Onepu, remind me to give Nuparu a raise when we get back, OK?Onepu: Yes, sir.Nokama: This concludes the minutes from the last meeting. A benediction was offered in the name of Mata Nui –Whenua: Yeah, yeah.Onewa: Hey! Don’t be disrespectful! We need all the help we can get, you know.Whenua: Sorry. I’m just grumpy because my village is a pit of quicksand right now. May Mata Nui accept my humble apology as well.Nokama: That’s better. And then the meeting was adjourned. Vakama?Vakama: Thanks, honey. Now, the agenda for this meeting -Onewa: Excuse me, but did you just call Nokama “honey”?Vakama: You got a problem with that?Whenua: Call her “red-hot love bunny” for all I care. Just GET ON WITH IT!Matau: Whenua, you need to deepbreathe and calm down.Whenua: I can’t help it! My village is a boggy swamp at the moment! I wanna go home!Nokama: There, there. It’ll be OK.Vakama: Item 1. The Victory of the Toa over the Bahrag. The Toa defeated the Bahrag by forming a protodermis cage with their elemental powers, and the Bahrag were buried in the ensuing tunnel collapse. And the Toa were immersed in liquid protodermis and transformed into beings of even greater power, the Toa Nuva.Onewa: Go, Toa!Nuju: [beep] [buzz] [whistle]Matoro: Nuju says the Toa rock.Matau: Hooray for the braveheart Toa!Vakama: Nokama, will you please note in the record that the Turaga expressed feelings of pride and joy in the Toa and their victory.Whenua: Oh, for crying out loud, isn’t that a little obvious? My village is a –Nokama: Look, Whenua, you’re not the only one whose village was damaged. Will you please relax? Maybe you need a vacation.Whenua: All right, sorry, I’ll shut up.Vakama: Item 2.Matau: My Toa can FLY now.Vakama: That’s great, Matau. But please don’t interrupt.Onewa: Well, mine has weapons on his hands AND his feet now.Vakama: Gentlemen?Onewa: Sorry.Vakama: Item 2. Cleanup of Mata Nui.Whenua: Finally. Something USEFUL.Vakama: Will you SHUT UP? [bangs firestaff on rock] Dang firestaff. Onewa, will you please? Thanks. OK, the cleanup. Each Turaga is responsible for his own Wahi, but whoever finishes first will help the one most in need. How does that sound?Nokama: Great.Nuju: [buzz] [beep] [click] [click]Matoro: Nuju says that sounds wise. And then we can all take a vacation.Onewa: Maybe we should take a vacation FIRST. Some of us could really use it.Vakama: Work first. Then vacation. Item 3. The Kanohi Nuva. It seems that the Toa’s golden masks were transformed in the protodermis. Now each only has one power, but it extends to everyone in the vicinity.Matau: Great! Lewa can take us all sunsoaring!Onewa: Yeah, and Pohatu can move through solid objects. I can’t wait to see what THAT will be like.Vakama: What if he stops while you are in the middle of a big rock?Onewa: He won’t leave us in the middle of a big rock! Pohatu is more careful than that.Whenua: And if he does, Onua can dig you out with his new saws.Onewa: He WON’T, all right?Nokama: I’m looking forward to a little spear fishing with Gali. She can go really deep now, too! Finally we’ll get to see those deep-dwelling glow-in-the-dark fish we catch a glimpse of every now and then.Vakama [laughs]: You and your fishing. Is that all you ever think about?Nokama: I WISH. I haven’t been fishing in months.Vakama: Item 4. New prophesy. I think Nuju and Nokama have been working on this one.Nokama: We have been reading the BZP thread about the interview with Greg Farshtey, may he and the other Great Beings bless us with a rich and peaceful destiny. [moment of respectful silence]Whenua: Peaceful? That would be nice.Nuju: [hum] [beep] [cluck]Matoro: Nuju says that is unlikely. There are two new enemies coming up for the Toa to face next year. As of this moment, we don’t know much about them. The first are sinister and intelligent, and they will attack the Toa immediately. The second are very fearsome and somehow connected with Makuta, and they will show up in the fall.Onewa: Did Nuju really say all that?Matoro: Yep.Nokama: There is some good news, too. The Bohrok, without their krana, are apparently capable of helping us to rebuild Mata Nui.Nuju: [click] [beep] [squeak] [whistle] [buzz]Matoro: Nuju says that they are very strong, and with their elemental powers, they will be able to accomplish much. If you wish, he will be in charge of the effort to tame and harness them, since Ko-Wahi was not as heavily damaged as many of the other villages.Vakama: That sounds good. OK with everyone?[The other Turaga murmur their accord.]Nokama: Great Being Farshtey also said that the Toa would have some disagreements, and that would put them in danger. It’s my opinion that we should encourage the Toa to get along with each other as much as possible.Matau: How are we going to do THAT?Nokama: You could start by telling your Toa to stop making passes at my Toa.Matau: Lewa does not make passes at Gali!Nokama: I’ve SEEN him, Matau.Matau: Gimme a break. He’s just being playful. Besides, she likes it. It makes her laughsing. Has she ever grumblegriped to you about him?Nokama: No, but…Matau: Well, there you go. We could all use a laughgrin around here once in a while.Nokama: Humph! It just isn’t dignified.Onewa: Nokama, you could use a vacation, too. You’ve been working so hard to keep your girls out of trouble.Nokama: Some help YOU are, Onewa! The Bohrok were bad enough, but now I have Huki and Hafu snooping around Ga-Koro. I can’t get any rest.Onewa: It’s not my fault my boys are so handsome.Nokama: Grrrrr.Vakama: Nokama, you really DO need a vacation. Forget what I said about work first. We’ve got almost two months until the next comic comes out. How would you like to come to Ta-Koro? The sunset is so beautiful from the big volcano.Nokama: Sounds nice, but isn’t Ta-Koro kind of… hot?Onewa: Come to Po-Koro instead, and see why your girls like it so much there! We have sculpture, and koli, and more!Nokama: Great, but isn’t Po-Koro rather… dry?Whenua: Come to cool, damp Onu-Koro, then, you’ll like it. I’ll dig you a swimming pool!Nokama: Thanks, but isn’t Onu-Koro sort of… dark?Matau: What you need is a tourtrip of our new Hoi sanctuary. You’d joysmile. And then we’ll have a highbranch concert for you.Nokama: How sweet. But Le-Koro is awfully… high up above the ground. I know! Let’s take a fishing trip!Onewa: You mean in that – little boat of yours?Nokama: Yeah! It’ll be great.Matau: Um, I think I’d better hardwork on getting Le-Koro cleaned up from the evildark Lehvak attack.Whenua: Yeah, Onu-Koro is really a slime pit right now. Gotta get back there and help dig it out.Onewa: Must fix the main gate. And get those statues back up.Vakama: So many blocked lava flows to open up.Nuju: [click] [whistle] [buzz]Matoro: Nuju invites you to go ice fishing in Ko-Wahi, Nokama. Kopaka found a frozen lake when he was trying out his new skates.Nokama: That sounds great! Let’s go as soon as the meeting is over.Onewa: Oh, man! Well, you’d better bring back some fish.Vakama: Yeah, if you’re not back by sundown, we’re coming after you.Nuju: [click] [beep] [whistle] [buzz] [click]Matoro: I can’t tell them THAT, sir! They’ll – um, will you please excuse us for a moment? [whispers to Nuju]Nuju: [beep] [cluck] [hum] [beep]Matoro [clears his throat]: OK, Nuju says that you are being very disrespectful of Nokama, and you should stop.Matau: Guys, we’re fearworried over nothing. Matoro is going to be there! What could happen?Onewa: Good point. Say, Whenua, I’d be happy to help you Onu-Koronans with the mud, and then you could send some guys to help us with our gate. I bet Taipu and Hafu could get those statues back up if they work together.Whenua: Sounds good, Onewa. And if the Tohunga can’t do it, Onua can! Come on over after the meeting.Vakama: Matau, we could spare a few soldiers for your cleanup, too. And they could help you de-brief all those Le-Koronans who got kranaed.Matau: Thanks, Vakama. That would be quite a friendfavor. We’ll come over and aidserve you however we can after that. And then you and I could watch the sunset on the big volcano.Vakama: Gaaaaah!Matau [laughs]: Just kidding, big guy.Vakama: I sure hope so. OK, we have one more thing to take care of here. Item 5. Medals. Onewa has suggested we award our Matoran heroes somehow. Like Takua. We’re so proud of him in Ta-Wahi.Matau: Is that why you bootkicked him out last year?Vakama: We didn’t kick him out! He left!Matau: Whatever.Nokama: How about a protodermis disc to put on the wall of their huts?Onewa: Sounds good. I’m also thinking Hafu and Nuparu should get one.Nuju: [click] [squeak] [buzz]Matoro: Nuju says that would be entirely appropriate.Vakama: Whenua, can you take care of it?Whenua: I’d be happy to. As soon as we dig out the blacksmith shop, we’ll make the discs.Vakama: Great. Then let’s adjourn. May the Great Beings shower you all with blessings.Nokama, Onewa, Matau, and Whenua: And you, also.Nuju: [click] [whistle]Matoro: Nuju says, and you also.Nuju: Come with me, Nokama, let’s go to Ga-Koro first to pick up your tackle box. Matoro, go on back to Ko-Koro, I’ll see you later.Vakama, Onewa, Matau, and Whenua: NOOOOOO!Nokama: What is the matter with you guys? We’re going FISHING! GaliGee, you trust me, at least, don’t you?GaliGee: Of course I do, Nokama. Have fun on your fishing trip! You all should get a little rest before the next enemies show up. I think you’ll need it. And thanks for letting me listen in.Nokama: Thanks, we will, and you’re welcome. Bye! [click]Knowing the Turaga, they won’t be relaxing for long. The cleanup of Mata Nui is underway, and their wise leadership will be needed again. Thanks to TheFormerlyBlindMan2, Kikua, and GregF for ideas. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic.

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

The Toa have split apart for the time being, and each is back home in his village. But they must still be thinking about each other, for in their dreams, they are still having adventures together. I called Onua to see what his imagination had conjured up in the night.Onua EmbarrassedGaliGee: Onua, I’ve been talking to a couple of the other Toa, and they report strange dreams lately. Has this been happening to you?Onua: Actually, GaliGee, now that you mention it… I had a really bizarre dream just this morning!GaliGee: This morning? Oh, yeah, you’re nocturnal. Would you mind telling us about it?Onua: No problem. It started out in Le-Koro. I was on my way to the hive to free Lewa from the infected mask.GaliGee: That must be a very intense memory for you.Onua: Definitely. So, in the dream, I approached the hive, dug my way in, and spotted Lewa. There he was, looming tall and evil in the infected Miru, just like he did in real life. It sent a shiver down my spine. But this time, when I started to fight him, I was jumped by a swarm of Nuhvok.GaliGee: Yikes! I remember what those are like.Onua [laughs]: And one of them launched its krana at me, and it knocked off my Pakari and stuck to my face! It was awful!GaliGee: I believe it!Onua: So then the Nuhvok lined up and started to tap dance.GaliGee: Oh, now it’s getting goofy.Onua: It was crazy, all right. Lewa said, “Let’s go see what it’s like to be evil! Who can we go pick on?”GaliGee: This is starting to sound familiar.Onua: I could see that it was just a wacky dream, so I went along with it. We headed for Ko-Wahi. We found Kopaka there, and harassed him a little. But it was strange. He wouldn’t fight back, so it wasn’t much fun. We dragged him out of the ground and set him on a rock, and when he regained consciousness we talked to him.GaliGee: When he regained consciousness? Sounds like you roughed him up pretty bad!Onua: Yeah, it was kind of scary. We got a little carried away. Good thing it was just a dream.GaliGee: I’ll say! What did you tell him?Onua: Well, we talked about how he and Tahu had gotten out of control pretending to fight in real life, and how senseless it is to hurt each other.GaliGee: Uh, huh.Onua: Then I wrestled with Lewa in the snow. And I finally pinned that weasel!GaliGee: There are weasels in Mata Nui?Onua: Yes, in Le-Wahi. But then suddenly we were falling, with big chunks of ice all around us. And then I woke up.GaliGee: That sounds like Kopaka’s dream. He’s lost his ice powers, and he had a really strange nightmare about it.Onua: Yeah, I really hope we can help him get his powers back soon. I read comic #9 while I ate breakfast today, and then I understood that part of my dream.GaliGee: Was there another part?Onua: Oh, yes. The fun part.GaliGee: What happened?Onua: Gali and Pohatu and I were playing. She started some water flowing, and we tried to dam it up. We ended up getting totally covered in mud.GaliGee: Gali told me a little about this adventure.Onua: Gali did? She had the same dream? Oh, no!GaliGee: You sound worried.Onua: Well, I think I acted like an cool dude.GaliGee: I doubt that! What happened?Onua: Well, after she washed us off, which felt really good, by the way, we built a lake. She went underwater with me and I used her Kaukau while I dug out the lake basin. And I looked at her underwater, and when she’s in her element she’s even more beautiful than on land.GaliGee: I see.Onua: Don’t let it go to your head, Little Sister.GaliGee [laughs]: I won’t. So, then what?Onua: Then we got out of the water, and Pohatu wasn’t paying attention, so we pushed him in.GaliGee: I bet he loved that!Onua: Oh, yeah. He ran out of the lake, jumped up and down to shake off the water, and started a big landslide. But he raced over and piled up a levee, and the rocks rolled against it. Then he got even with us.GaliGee: He sent you into the ground with his Kakama?Onua: Yep! Left us stuck right in the middle of a layer of sandy loam. Easy to dig out of, but it scared Gali. I dug over to her, and she looked really panicked.GaliGee: I bet she was relieved to see you. Or your eyes, anyway, I suppose it was pitch-black in there.Onua: Yeah. So at this point, you are probably reading my mind, GaliGee.GaliGee: I know you pretty well, Onua. There you were, in YOUR element, alone in the dark with Gali.Onua: I think I must have stared at her for a little too long, because she said, “Hello? Earth to Onua! Are you going to get us out of here?” So then I dug us out.GaliGee: Bet you had fun saving her.Onua: I love doing that! When we came out of the ground, Pohatu was laughing because we were all covered with dirt. But this time he used his Kakama to dodge Gali’s water jet. Then we all went up the hill, lay on our backs, and watched the clouds. I fell asleep.GaliGee: It sounds so sweet.Onua: Oh, it was sweet, all right. But then I woke up in a cave in Ta-Wahi.GaliGee: That’s a big change of scene.Onua: Yes. Tahu was standing over me. He was telling me I had to follow him. Wouldn’t say why, just threw a big chunk of basalt at my feet and insisted I get up. So I did, and I got on the rock and lava-surfed after him.GaliGee: What was that like?Onua: I know how to surf, but it was hard to keep up with Tahu. I was trying to be careful so I wouldn’t fall in. It’s not like surfing in the ocean!GaliGee: No doubt! One mistake, and you’re toast.Onua: So Tahu kept yelling at me to hurry up, and I started to get sloppy, and I almost lost it a couple of times. I shouted at him to slow down, but he ignored me.GaliGee: Is that what his leadership is like in real life?Onua: Sometimes, GaliGee. Usually he’s better about it than he was in this dream, though.GaliGee: Where did he take you?Onua: Down this ravine, towards the sea. I could hear him yelling something about looking for a new enemy. Jala’s scouts had reported sightings of a strange creature. As we got closer to the place where they had seen it, I felt unusual vibrations through the earth. I could tell the thing was on the surface a few dozen bios straight ahead. So I suggested that we go underground and try to surprise it, by coming up underneath it.GaliGee: Sounds sensible. Did he like that idea?Onua: No, he called out for me to keep going. So I yelled back that I would dig under and meet him there. And I did. I popped up out of the ground just in time to see the creature attack him from behind. It looked like a silver Bohrok, so I suppose it was a Kal. Gali was there, too, further down the hillside. We watched helplessly as the thing hit Tahu with a big blast of energy. And then I woke up again, back at home in Onu-Koro.GaliGee: You must have been underground when Gali knocked over the Kal -- and Tahu -- with a blast of water.Onua: So that’s why there was steam everywhere! Wow. What a weird dream.GaliGee: What do you think it means?Onua: Oh, the lessons were simple. I’m supposed to learn from Kopaka and Tahu’s negative example that we Toa need to stop being so headstrong. But I don’t know what the lake scene was for. Just to tell me that I’m a bumbling fool when I get too close to Gali, I guess. But I already knew that.GaliGee: You’ll get used to her someday, Onua.Onua: No way!GaliGee: I think maybe the whole thing was to show you how you need to get back together with the other Toa.Onua: You sound like Gali.GaliGee: Yeah, well, she’s right.Onua: Maybe. But I’ve been enjoying a little time to myself, and with my villagers. Whenua and I had a lot of catching up to do, too. When there’s a good reason for the Toa to get back together, we will. Of course, if Gali were to come visit me, I wouldn’t send her away…GaliGee: What about Kopaka?Onua: I hope I get a chance to help him. I could catch him, like I did Tahu when the Nui-Rama dropped him, or dig a slide to slow him down. We’ll see when the next comic comes out.GaliGee: Onua, I’m really glad you told us about your dream.Onua: Wait, are you going to put this on BZP?GaliGee: Yes, unless you don’t want me to.Onua: Well, it’s a little embarrassing… but, OK, go ahead. I can never say no to you blue water girls.GaliGee: Thanks, Onua.Onua: Sure, GaliGee. See ya! [click]So there’s Onua’s perspective on the strange Toa dream events. Now I’ve got three more phone calls to make. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic.

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

In my quest to discover more about the Toa’s current state of mind, I called Tahu to ask if he, like the other Toa, has had any unusual dreams. Indeed, he has.Tahu IncensedGaliGee: Every Toa I've talked to so far has just had a really strange dream. And there are common events in all of them. Have you had any dreams lately?Tahu: Oh, definitely. I dreamed I went to Ko-Wahi to help Kopaka, since he lost his ice powers.GaliGee: That's what Kopaka and Gali dreamed, too! Tell us about it, please.Tahu: Sure. I walked up to Kopaka, and he was shoveling snow with his shield. I thought that was rather odd, and when I got closer to him, I came into range of the Akaku. I saw Gali under a huge pile of snow! I don't know what he had done to her, but we had to get her out, fast. He stepped out of my way so I could melt the snow and pull her out.GaliGee: And you warmed her up?Tahu: Well, yeah. She was really freezing, from being in that snow so long. And, well, I'm pretty warm.GaliGee: How did Kopaka react to all this?Tahu: He was the usual cold Kopaka. He refused my help. I was already wanting to set his frosty, um, self on fire for what he did to Gali, and I was trying really hard to control my temper. But when he told me to go away, after I had walked all the way to Ko-Wahi with no Kakama, I guess I lost it.GaliGee: And you burned him?Tahu: Yeah. I'm not proud of that, but I did. Then after I walked Gali back to Ga-Wahi, I came back to talk to him again.GaliGee: Wow, that's a lot of walking, to help someone you aren't even getting along with at the moment.Tahu: Well, he's an unrepentant #####, but he's still a Toa, and we have to help each other, when one of us is fool enough to get in trouble. But I still think a Toa Nuva, if he's paying attention, can single-handedly defend Mata Nui.GaliGee: What happened the second time you talked to him?Tahu: Same thing, pretty much. I came back and he was lying unconscious on a rock. I think he had just fallen or something. He told me to leave again.GaliGee: Would you ever consider apologizing to Kopaka, for what happened when you fought in comic #9? You know, just to restore the peace?Tahu. Sure. When pigs fly.GaliGee: There are pigs on Mata Nui?Tahu: There used to be lots of wild boars in the forest near Ta-Koro. After it was burned, they moved on to Le-Wahi, I think. But anyway, no apologies. Kopaka was just asking for trouble, challenging me like that.GaliGee: Hmm. Well, I hope you two can come to some understanding, because it's my hunch you will end up working together again.Tahu: I suppose so. There IS that "Six heroes, one destiny" thing. I won't apologize, but I'll forgive him if he asks. [sighs] I guess I should dream about him again, so I can go apologize for burning him in the dream, anyway. He was completely defenseless, that time.GaliGee: You can do that?Tahu: I have no idea, but it's worth a try.GaliGee: Sure. So where did you go after Ko-Wahi?Tahu: I went back home. Vakama told me Jala's Guard had sighted what appeared to be a new enemy. Some kind of silver Bohrok. And Onua had shown up, and was waiting for me in a cave, so that we could attack it together. So I hopped on my lava board and went surfing down the Mangai to investigate.GaliGee: Now, this is starting to sound like Onua's dream.Tahu: I don't know why Onua was waiting for me, since he could have taken this thing out on his own. But I got to the cave, and he was resting, so I threw him a rock to surf on, and off we went. We got closer, and Onua wanted to dig under it and surprise it. What a wimp. We don't need stealth anymore, with all the power we have!GaliGee: I suppose Onua was just being cautious, since we don't know much about the new enemies yet.Tahu: Whatever. So I rounded the corner, and there was Gali, hitting me with a blast of water like a fire hose. Knocked me off my board, into the lava. I was pretty furious about that!GaliGee: Now this is tying into Gali's dream.Tahu: Oh, OK. I yelled at her. I guess got a little too mad. But there she was, leaving the safety of her Wahi after I had gone to all that trouble to save her and get her home. And hitting me with the water, that just added insult to injury. So then I saw a brilliant flash, and I woke up on a rock next to the magma flow, alone.GaliGee: That was a Bohrok-Kal blasting you, in Gali's and Onua's dreams. Gali said she hit the Kal with her water jet, and got you, too, by accident. Then the Kal came back and hit you with some kind of strange energy. Remember, Greg Farshtey said that you would lose to a Nuhvok-Kal in comic #11?Tahu: Oh, yeah. Oh, no! I'd better go apologize to Gali. I'll try to dream about her again tonight, too.GaliGee: You're going to be busy, in your next dream.Tahu: Oh, and I guess Onua wasn't a wimp after all.GaliGee: I've never thought he was. So then what happened?Tahu: I ran to Ga-Koro to make sure Gali had made it home again. And --GaliGee: Wait a minute. Why did you keep walking Gali back to Ga-Wahi, if a Nuva is capable of defending the entire island by himself - or herself?Tahu: Oh, Gali can defend Mata Nui, and herself, from just about anything. Except, say, Kopaka's incompetence. Or Lewa's pranks.GaliGee: Lewa was in your dream, too?Tahu: Yes. I was just getting to that part. I crested the hill, and saw Gali on the beach in Ga-Wahi. But Lewa swooped down on those Katana wings and wrapped his legs around her waist, and flew away with her! Man, was I mad.GaliGee: Why was that so bad?Tahu: He was risking the safety of another Toa! And I don't trust his motives. He's always messing with her. Luckily, she always beats the stuffing out of him. But this looked really dangerous. So I ran along behind them, only I couldn't keep up. Eventually Lewa flew back to Ga-Koro with her and set her down again. And then he flew away. I figured he would head to Le-Wahi, so I went there.GaliGee: Maybe he was just taking Gali on a tour of the island. Sharing his flying powers, so she could get a new perspective.Tahu: Remember, we're talking about LEWA here, GaliGee. I doubt it.GaliGee: You guys are so suspicious of each other! With his Miru Nuva, I'm sure she was safe.Tahu: I WISH I could trust the other Toa. But I have to be realistic. So I got to Le-Wahi, and spotted Lewa. When he started to land, I directed a jet of flame up at him. He rose on the heated air current and tumbled out of control from the turbulence. It was pretty funny. He started to flip and spin, so I just kept shooting fire at him.GaliGee: How mean!Tahu [laughs]: It's about time Lewa was on the receiving end of a practical joke, I'd say.GaliGee: Then what?Tahu: I heard something whistling through the air, and I looked just in time for a huge boulder to bounce off my Hau. It flew through the jet of fire, and exploded into chunks of flaming magma. I looked around, and there was Pohatu, frowning at me.GaliGee: For risking another Toa's safety, no doubt.Tahu: Oh, Lewa can take it. You should hear about the tricks he's played on me! Some of them have really been hilarious. Anyway, he spun himself free of the jet and landed. Pohatu yelled at Lewa and sent him home, and then he started to lecture me. But I asked him to kick me another boulder. That was so cool!GaliGee: Did he do it?Tahu: Yeah! He started firing these big rocks at me, and I whacked them away with my swords. It looked like a meteor shower. We were laughing so hard. Then, when I bent over to flick off a piece of half-melted stone that was stuck in my blade, I heard a big boulder zing past my back. I felt the wind from it, it was so close. I stared swearing at Pohatu. But he pointed behind me, and there was a Bahrag, the red one. I forget her name - Gahdok, I think. The rock had knocked her hideous chicken head right off.GaliGee: So Pohatu really was helping you!Tahu: I felt so stupid. He said, "Last time I smashed a Bahrag for you, you seemed to think it was a GOOD thing." I remembered what he had done for me in the Borhok nest, and I apologized for snapping at him. At least I won't have to track HIM down in my next dream! And then I woke up in Ta-Koro, for real.GaliGee: What about Lewa? Will you --Tahu: What, are you my mom? OK, I'll find him in my dream and apologize to him, too. You just can't stand for us to stay mad at each other, can you?.GaliGee: Anger is useful, when properly directed. But holding a grudge -- that rarely is.Tahu: Now, don't lecture me about anger! Don't you think I get enough of that from Gali? She's always trying to cool me down!GaliGee: Well, on the subject of Gali… you seem to be very protective of her.Tahu: She's swimming with the sharks around here, GaliGee. And I don't mean the Takea.GaliGee: Tahu, you seem to be the one who has the best chance of romance with her. Are you ever going to start anything?Tahu: You think so? I mean, no, I couldn't do that, it would be… even though she IS very lovely... Well, I considered it at one point, but it really wouldn't be wise. How could I be an effective leader if it's obvious I favor one of my troops above the others? None of us Toa could defend Mata Nui properly if we were sidetracked by that kind of thing. So, um, no. No way.GaliGee: I see.Tahu: You have no idea what it's like for us. Ever since we've been here we've faced one horrible swarm of enemies after another. And elemental disasters, one after another. We all have love for each other and for our people, and that's what keeps us going. But we can't be indulging in sentiment.GaliGee: Well, you Toa are doing a wonderful job of protecting Mata Nui. The Matorans will be forever grateful, I'm sure.Tahu: Yeah, those little guys are terrific.GaliGee: If the Great Beings ever grant you peace, will you and Gali --Tahu: Gaaah! Stop it! I don't want to think about her any more. It's ruining my concentration as a warrior.GaliGee: Sorry, Tahu. I know you need to stay focused.Tahu: She's just so… [sighs]GaliGee: She's so what?Tahu: Would you stop talking about her, already?GaliGee [laughs]: Sure, Tahu. Well, thanks for telling us about your dream. And I hope things go better between you Toa. It sounds like you might need each other's help sometime soon.Tahu: That's what Gali keeps saying. Nooo! I did it again.GaliGee: Uh, see you, Tahu.Tahu: Bye, Gali. Aaaah! I mean, GaliGee. [click]Forgiveness may be elusive for the Toa at this point. Will their common goal force them to get along eventually? I hope so, for Mata Nui's sake! :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic.

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

Lewa, like the other Toa I've talked to, had a pretty odd dream recently. He told me all about it -- and a few other things, too. Warning: Do not take this as an excuse to post Lewa's story. *glances over shoulder* The admins don't mess around.Lewa JestingLewa: I dreamed I was flying with some Nui-Rama. We were dogfighting each other, it was really fun. Then they motioned for me to follow them to their hive. So I did, but they jumped me and slapped an infected Miru Nuva on me.GaliGee: Yikes! I bet that brought back a few memories.Lewa: Definitely. And just like in real life, Onua showed up in a big cloud of dust. But he was jumped by some Nuhvok and kranaed. I said, "So now that we're minions of evil, let's go have some fun!" Onua didn't want to at first, but I talked him into it. I mean, it was obviously just a dream. Since when do Nuhvok dance the Can-Can in real life?GaliGee: Onua said they were tap-dancing.Lewa: They did a little of that, too. Anyway, he kept asking me, "Are you sure it's OK?" And I said, "Of course. Let's go pester Kopaka."GaliGee: What have you got against Kopaka?Lewa: Have you ever read any of the comics? He's always picking on me. It's one sarcastic comment after another from that guy. I mean, I would never hurt him in real life, but hey, it was a dream! The perfect opportunity to get even.GaliGee: So you went to Ko-Wahi?Lewa: Yes, we flew there. It was really a test of my flying skills, Onua is SO heavy. Good thing he doesn't get airsick any more.GaliGee: Uh, yeah. From Onua's dream, it sounds like you put Kopaka through some rough treatment.Lewa: We did. Onua kept asking, "What if it really hurts him?"GaliGee: What does Onua have against Kopaka?Lewa: Nothing. He was just sticking up for me. But it was weird. Kopaka wouldn't fight back.GaliGee: Probably because he's lost his ice powers.Lewa: Really?GaliGee: Really. You should go online more often, Lewa.Lewa [laughs]: Everyone tells me that! Well, I would, but I can't stand dial-up, it's just so slow. And Nuju's computer has a high-speed connection, but he won't let me use his computer any more, after what happened last time.GaliGee: What happened last time?Lewa: Well, it was last year, when we had just started fighting the Bohrok. After I played around on the Internet for a while, I downloaded the Desktop Bohrok and left it running. Nuju took one look at the Lehvak burning acid holes in his monitor, and he panicked. He thought the Bohrok had hacked the system. By the time Matoro told him it was actually something from bionicle.com, he had rebooted from a floppy, reformatted the entire hard drive, and reinstalled Windows and all the applications. So I'm not welcome up there any more.GaliGee: I see. Well, getting back to your dream, Kopaka's symbol was stolen in comic #9, and he lost his elemental powers. He's falling off a broken bridge right now, with no way to slow his fall.Lewa: That's terrible! Well, that would explain my dream, then. If I weren't afraid of getting fired, I would just go save him right now. I mean, if I can carry Onua while I'm flying, Kopaka would be easy.GaliGee: It's nice that you really care about Kopaka, after all. But -- you'd get fired?Lewa: Probably. I'm already kind of on shaky ground with LEGO. Did I ever tell you how I got kranaed?GaliGee: Why, no. I assumed you were surrounded by your kranaed Turaga and villagers, along with some Lehvak, and they overwhelmed you with their numbers.Lewa: The REAL reason is this. I was hanging out in the hallway at the LEGO headquarters, you know, between comics, and I overheard this big fat guy in a really expensive suit arguing with another guy. "Kids don't want their robots living in huts and wearing primitive masks! They want outer space! Let's scrap these ugly drum-beating Toaragas and push that high-tech Galidor stuff."GaliGee: Boy, was he wrong!Lewa: Yeah, the marketing data is hard to argue with. But when this happened, Bionicle wasn't that popular yet. So I ducked into the office of the Bionicle designers. They said hi to me, but they were too busy to notice what I was doing. I built a Fikou and slipped it into that executive's chair.GaliGee: How funny!Lewa: After all the screaming had died down, he demanded to know who had done it. And somebody had seen me, I didn't switch to my Huna fast enough. So then he stormed into the Story Team meeting. He grabbed Greg Farshtey by the collar, lifted him about a foot out of his chair, and yelled, "Make something REALLY BAD to happen to that green guy, or you're through!"GaliGee: I had no idea it was so political.Lewa: Yeah, everything is. So, even though they were originally going to make Tahu the big Toa-getting-kranaed story, they made it happen to me instead.GaliGee: But Tahu DID get kranaed.Lewa: Yeah, for about thirty seconds. And LEGO never gave the details. But I had to wear that hideous rubber brain for two months! And hear everybody talk about how immature and reckless I am. Again.GaliGee: That's too bad. So, back to your dream… was there any more?Lewa: Oh, yes. I dreamed I was flying, and I swooped down really fast behind Gali and picked her up with my legs. I was going to play a little trick on her.GaliGee: Gali mentioned a dream with a flying adventure. What sort of trick?Lewa: I was planning to fly up high with her. I knew she would probably thrash and kick until I got some altitude, and then she would be too scared of falling to resist.GaliGee: To resist what?Lewa: Being carried away. So I was going to fly around a little until she relaxed a bit. And then I would let go of her and let her drop, so she would have to grab onto me.GaliGee: You sly dog.Lewa: Why, thank you. It was a great plan. But it didn't turn out that way, because when she started to look down at Mata Nui, she got all sentimental. We flew over Le-Wahi, where all the reforestation work was going on, and Po-Koro, where the carvers were busy building new gates, and Ga-Koro, where workers were laying out the new causeway. I looked at her, and her gold eyes were full of tears. I just didn't have the heart to be mean to her. So I took her back home and set her down. I couldn't even think what to say to her, so I just took off. I called up a big air current really quickly so I wouldn't have to make conversation!GaliGee: Aww. That was sweet of you, Lewa. When she told me about her dream, she said she was surprised by how serious and kind you were.Lewa: Cool! Now that she trusts me, I can try that trick in real life. And this time I WILL drop her!GaliGee: Lewa! You're incorrigible.Lewa: Muah hah hah hah.GaliGee: I can see transforming into a Toa Nuva hasn't changed you TOO much.Lewa: Nope. Same old me inside. But now I can make LOTS more trouble.GaliGee: Any more dream after that?Lewa: Yep. It seems Tahu had been watching our flight, and he was hopping mad. I went home the long way, up around the Po-Wahi coast, over Onu-Wahi, and past Mount Ihu. He was waiting for me. He said, "What took you so long, punk?" I hate it when he calls me "punk."GaliGee: But Onua calls you that.Lewa: That's different! I don't mind when Shorty does it. But with Tahu, it always means he's fixing to pick a fight with me.GaliGee: From what Tahu told me, he DID pick a fight with you.Lewa: Yeah, he yelled at me for putting Gali in danger. And then he shot flames up at me, and made me lose control. The heat waves were keeping me up in the air, but the Miru was making me go every which way because I was tumbling and couldn't keep my feet pointed down. I got really dizzy. But Pohatu showed up and kicked a big rock at him, and I was able to right myself and glide down to the ground. Then I got out of there as fast as I could when they started playing. Pohatu was kicking rocks at Tahu, and he was batting them away with his swords. It was pretty spectacular, but I just wanted to get home.GaliGee: I think Tahu was just worried about Gali.Lewa: Yeah, right. And Jala's gonna win the Huai Snowball Sling this year, and Huki will be the new canoe-racing champion.GaliGee [laughs]: Maybe he overreacted a little.Lewa: You know, I love working for LEGO. But I wish they had made one more girl Toa. One that likes me.GaliGee: But Gali DOES like you, Lewa. Why else would she beat up on you all the time?Lewa: Well, Gali and I do have fun. But I’d like one that would show her affection in other ways besides kicking me in the ribs. Actually, FIVE more girl Toa would be good.GaliGee: LEGO will never do that, because Bionicle is mostly marketed to boys.Lewa: A DOZEN more girl Toa would be even better. Let's see… Reia, Toa of Sunshine… Flora, Toa of Flowers… Fruti, Toa of Fruit… Fluta, Toa of Music… Arbori, Toa of Trees… Say, could you write a story about that?GaliGee: Um, maybe someday, Lewa. Can we get back to your dream now?Lewa: The one where I’m surrounded by a dozen girl Toa?GaliGee: No, I don't want to hear about that one! The one you were telling me about before.Lewa: Oh, that one. Well, that was the end of it. I woke up at home in Le-Koro.GaliGee: I see. So, what do you think it all means?Lewa: It means I should stop eating so many Mukau tacos right before bedtime.GaliGee: No, I mean, did the dream have any significance for you?Lewa: Oh. You sound like Onua. Uh, yeah, even though it was just a dream, I felt kinda bad picking on Kopaka like that. I remember being possessed by evil in real life, and it's so creepy. You can justify things in your mind that you KNOW are wrong. And you want to blame it on the infected mask, or the krana, but there's something in all of us that wants to be mean.GaliGee: Well, it's good that you're aware of that. If you know yourself, you can manage it better.Lewa: Yeah. It's been coming out in all of us lately. I'm glad we Toa are taking a break from each other. The Turaga tried to arrange another meeting, but wild horses couldn't drag me to Kini-Nui at this point!GaliGee: There are horses on Mata Nui?Lewa: Yes, mustangs that roam the Po-Koronan plains.GaliGee: Oh. But running away from your differences is never a permanent solution. You are no doubt going to have to work together again.Lewa: I don't want to get back together until we really need to, though. I mean, even Onua was starting to get on my nerves. I love him like a brother, but he always wants to hang out in the gloomiest places.GaliGee: I can imagine.Lewa: That, and whenever I visit him I always hit my head on the doorway of his hut. But what's funny is, since he went Nuva and got taller, now HE hits his head on the doorway, too!GaliGee [laughs]: Oops, I shouldn't laugh. Now I'M being mean.Lewa: There's a fine line between a good joke and a mean one.GaliGee: Well, stay on the right side of that line, Lewa! I really appreciate you talking to us about your dream.Lewa: No problem. Hey, next time we're at the LEGO headquarters, why don't you come there, too? I'll take you apart and smuggle you to Mata Nui in my suitcase. Then we'll have two girl Toa!GaliGee: Lewa, I'm not a real Toa. Besides, LEGO might fire you, remember?Lewa: Oh, yeah. Darn. Well, see ya!GaliGee: Bye, Lewa. [click]Hmm. Lewa's story idea sounds like something my buddy BZP member Yotanua, Toa of Time, would write... Thanks to GregF, Torhu, and Lewa the Jester for ideas. :kaukaunu:If you would like to post comments, please do so in my GaliGee's Stories topic.

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive