Unusual Grey "Masks"

LightPurpleKrana

While doing the typical audit and appraisal of my mask collection, I stumbled across some odd mask/faces I had not seen in years. I remember finding these in a rather unusual lot from a local seller. They are made of gray plastic, almost a match for standard noble masks. However, they are made from a slightly more rubbery plastic. They fit a standard mata head, with an strange connector. They have no Lego markings or part numbers, aside from the little copyright sign in the middle, almost exactly where it would be on a noble ruru. The copyright sign has the same font as a Lego kanohi. The eye holes line up perfectly with a mata head.

What do you think these are?

All of the "masks":

Spoiler

1920x1239.jpg

Individual pictures:

Spoiler

1920x1280.jpg

1920x1280.jpg

1920x1280.jpg

1920x1280.jpg

1920x1280.jpg

Back: (Sorry about the fuzzy picture, my camera has trouble focusing on something so small)

Spoiler

1920x1280.jpg

Looking for one of those prototype bohrok faceplates with the magnifier.

The title had me confused for a second, but I saw the pictures and immediately recognized them. I have three of them myself. The LEGO hockey sets were the weirdest semi-BIONICLE things we ever got. I've never seen one used in a MOC before, but I hang on to mine just in case I find a spot for them. The best thing those hockey sets gave us was Mata red Pahrak-Kal shields. I used to pretend they were Plasma Shields charging up before firing.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!