Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hapori Tohu

LEGO Ideas Bionicle Project Hits 10k!

Recommended Posts

Earlier this month, we reported on two Bionicle-themed LEGO Ideas projects and now, less than a month later, one of them has reached the envious milestone of ten thousand votes of support! Congratulations to The Legend of the BIONICLE: Celebrating 20 years of Lego stories by Sokoda, which features three iconic scenes from the original Bionicle story in awesome diorama form. Now we just have to wait for the next review period to begin, then wait for the results to be revealed. It's going to be a while, but we'll be sure to keep an eye on the project to see how it goes!

View the full article

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Lego will accept the set. Let’s pray, y’all! This would convince Lego to sell Bionicle toys again. :D 

Plus, while you are at it, go support other Bionicle-related things. They need some love.

  • Like 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if Lego shoots this down, we've made our message loud and clear: the Bionicle fandom is comprised of rabid madmen who will storm Denmark if we have to if it means we get a little respect. This might tell Lego that System is the future of Bionicle, but if that happens, the worst-case-scenario is that we get playsets instead of constraction; but if that happens, it might also encourage Lego to aim more at AFOLs rather than competing with the same crowd as Ninjago.

  • Like 3

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did it!!! :D I'm extremely excited that we were able to get this to 10,000 in time than is normally given for a project to reach 100 supporters! :biorules::bzp:

  • Like 2

~Daler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so everyone is aware, it was only today that this project got the official Lego comment acknowledging this product idea had reached 10,000 supporters. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the review process, which according to that comment will begin in January.

 

By the way, this product idea took less than four weeks to go from 0 to 10,000 supporters. Does that make this the fastest that any idea has ever gone all the way to full support?


Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Just so everyone is aware, it was only today that this project got the official Lego comment acknowledging this product idea had reached 10,000 supporters. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the review process, which according to that comment will begin in January.

 

By the way, this product idea took less than four weeks to go from 0 to 10,000 supporters. Does that make this the fastest that any idea has ever gone all the way to full support?

Well, yes, amazing. I wonder what about the several others, though. There is the Toa Temple, Toa Mata revamped, UCS Tahu, Takanuva revamped, Mata Nui Robot, and the Bionicle Stars projects. I wonder what luck they can get. I would hope that one makes something similar for Hero Factory since its 10th anniversary is coming up next year (I know that you guys may be nit picky about it, but it was pretty good successor to Bionicle and kept constraction alive 2010-2014).

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

By the way, this product idea took less than four weeks to go from 0 to 10,000 supporters. Does that make this the fastest that any idea has ever gone all the way to full support?

I believe the Minecraft set got confirmed more quickly, but this is still easily one of the fastest.

4 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Well, yes, amazing. I wonder what about the several others, though. There is the Toa Temple, Toa Mata revamped, UCS Tahu, Takanuva revamped, Mata Nui Robot, and the Bionicle Stars projects. I wonder what luck they can get. I would hope that one makes something similar for Hero Factory since its 10th anniversary is coming up next year (I know that you guys may be nit picky about it, but it was pretty good successor to Bionicle and kept constraction alive 2010-2014).

They're all screwed. Only Sokoda's project has managed to get a good amount of support relative to time spent gathering it. Revamps are also not eligible for release (especially not ones that require molds Lego no longer has), the temple set is honestly just not that great, and UCS Tahu is lowky kinda bad. Right now, this one is our only real hope.


Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 1:33 PM, Sir Keksalot said:

I believe the Minecraft set got confirmed more quickly, but this is still easily one of the fastest.

They're all screwed. Only Sokoda's project has managed to get a good amount of support relative to time spent gathering it. Revamps are also not eligible for release (especially not ones that require molds Lego no longer has), the temple set is honestly just not that great, and UCS Tahu is lowky kinda bad. Right now, this one is our only real hope.

Well, I get what you said. They are kind of wonky-looking, but they do have some charm, as the revamps are like Ninjago's legacy sets. True, the temple is weird because the Toa look like Hero Factory Hero minifigures because there were no molds for certain things, and UCS Tahu looks a bit too blocky and chunky for Tahu. 

Just in case the diorama set won't be able to exist as a real set, if I were BZPower, including you, I would support all of those guys if any of them or the diorama would convince Lego to bring back Bionicle (like either re-continuing the G1 story or do a G3) for our Bionicle-loving sake. It's now or never after a year or two.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...