Pirate Lord Dreadwind

48962437623_f3846343ff_c.jpg

Pirate Lord Dreadwind by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

"Prepare for the plundering of yer lifetime, ye wee scallywags!"

<Additional Photo>

Started this fella around the start of October with the intention to have him ready for #halloween, but decided to post it sooner cause I'll be busy next weekend.

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei
Fixing the formatting on the post and adding an additional pic
  • Like 5

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Wow, I really like this. The last real constraction moc I made (which was way too long ago now) was also a pirate. I think yours is a lot better though. You did a great job on basically the same concepts I tried for: Wearing clothing and incorporating system pirate pieces. I really like the cloak and belt and the crow's nest in the peg leg.(A much better idea than my shoulder mounted cannons.) Maybe I'll try my hand at remaking mine at some point. 

4 hours ago, Valendale said:

Wow, I really like this. The last real constraction moc I made (which was way too long ago now) was also a pirate. I think yours is a lot better though. You did a great job on basically the same concepts I tried for: Wearing clothing and incorporating system pirate pieces. I really like the cloak and belt and the crow's nest in the peg leg.(A much better idea than my shoulder mounted cannons.) Maybe I'll try my hand at remaking mine at some point. 

Thank you! This build was an attempt at closure; I had started a massive pirate WIP in 2015 which I never got around to completing, until I decided to have a go at it again earlier last month. It's definitely a good idea to try and rework an old concept with a fresh pair of eyes (and a whole bunch of new parts)! The most rewarding aspect for me was managing to incorporate so many new elements within the confines of the original concept, in addition to refining the aesthetic a considerable bit.

I look forward to your revamp and if you have any questions or want some feedback on your build, feel free to drop me a message!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)