Set Review: 6228 Thornraxx

Thornraxx is definitely going to be one of my next buys, as it was one of our favourite sets from this wave ever since we saw it. The concept is unique and the colour scheme is awesome. Also, we don´t have any Gorast wing pieces yet. :P Thanks for the review, Sisen! :)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I really want this set. Only problem, IMO, is that the grey beam sticks out.Also, Why aren't Breez and Thornraxx in the US?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I really want this set. Only problem, IMO, is that the grey beam sticks out.Also, Why aren't Breez and Thornraxx in the US?

Nobody really knows that. Word is that the sets will become available at the end of the month, though.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

From what others who have the set have said, the color is in fact a new color introduced this year, and is NOT the traditional light blue as seen in sets like Kiina. Likely just a mistake.Set looks amazing.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Darn, I really wanted Dark Teal this year. What a let-down. Meh, I might still buy a few anyway, I always need the parts.

If you're referring to the teal used in the original BIONICLE sets, that color has been permanently discontinued for years anyways. No hope of ever seeing it again.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

SInce Thornraxx has the same head as black phantoms arachnix drone. You could possibly make an all silver and grey thrornraxx. I will try when i get him. but he may be white grey and silver

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I was hoping for teal, but the black-blue-orange combination looks nicer than I expected. For an insect, Matt's pretty heavily armored.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

The bluish-green parts are 322 Medium Azur, a new color. Bricklink calls it Medium Azure, and it is most common in the Friends theme.Most of us who understand LEGO's color palette knew classic teal (Bright Bluish Green) was never coming back, and no other bluish-green colors have appeared in Hero Factory sets, so there shouldn't be too much disappointment from buyers as far as I'm concerned.Anyway, decent review. I'm kind of surprised the review didn't make a bigger deal of the fact that this is the first small Hero Factory set to use a completely custom body design. I have also heard that Thornraxx can be posed so he's balancing purely on his front claws, with his stinger in the air, but I don't have the set so haven't tried it myself. I look forward to the release of this set and the new Breez in the United States, which I believe is supposed to be towards the end of this month.

The bluish-green parts are 322 Medium Azur, a new color. Bricklink calls it Medium Azure, and it is most common in the Friends theme. Most of us who understand LEGO's color palette knew classic teal (Bright Bluish Green) was never coming back, and no other bluish-green colors have appeared in Hero Factory sets, so there shouldn't be too much disappointment from buyers as far as I'm concerned.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I, for one, wish it was classic teal, but new colors are generally a good thing.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I really want to army build with this set. It is one of the cheaper ones right?

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I really want to army build with this set. It is one of the cheaper ones right?

Yeah, it's one of the hero-sized sets.~ELM~
Hero Furno or Hero Evo?

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I actually like some of these new sets, but this is my favorite. The shade of blue that is used is still a nice looking new color, even if it isn't a tealish color. I like the design of this set, expecially the resemblence to the Nui Rama (My favorite rahi) Dissapointing that it isn't currently available in the US though, I was really looking forward to getting this set as soon as the new ones were released.....

The design is interesting. I am not a fan of Hero Factory but this set seem like one of the better ones. It is slightly reminiscent of the nui-rama but I see it as a different design. It reminds me of a tripod with wings to be honest. Great review!

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

• 3 weeks later...

This is a good set!When I got this set the wings were sorta bent but I think I unbent them (i hope i haven't ruined them) :(

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.