What do you want to decanonize in HF?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! It's been five years since that silly storyline in 2014 called Invasion From Below happened. Well, about that, I have something to say about it: There are so many things in HF that are kind of insignificant, and some fans would feel that these need to be taken out of canon because they're annoying by being chopped livers. It's like in Bionicle, when Greg Farshtey removed love between Matoran Universe people because they're just robots. So, in my opinion about HF's case, here are what I would like to decanonize: 

1. The Invasion From Below storyline - the entirety of the storyline because it has nothing to do with the Breakout or Brain Attack events because there is a maniac who will create a Villain Factory and there are a swarm of Brains in the Hero Factory. 

2. These two characters from HF's breakout storylines - there is a hero who is made of Surge, Furno, and Evo sets and a villain that he's chasing and who is made of the villains that the heroes are chasing after. They don't have names, and they absolutely have no significance. Nothing happened after that. 

3. That Drop Ship pilot from 2010 - he has no significance. 

4. That conspiracy from the Secret Mission books - they are there, but nothing happened after that. We don't know anything about them. 

5. That HF FM podcast - it is filled with insignificant people. 

6. The Hero Recon Team - they have not much significance. 

7. Some minor heroes that we barely know, like Lucas Valor - they never had major roles. 

So, there. What would you want to decanonize if you were someone like Greg Farshtey?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Little things like this that just sorta exist in-universe are harmless. Lame though they are, the flaws in HF's story mostly come from what's missing--character development, worldbuilding, a plot structure that doesn't suck--and what's inconsistent, like how Bulk begins the story as "the big guy," but suddenly becomes smart in the Savage Planet arc. Most of the stuff in HF doesn't need to be cut; more stuff should be added in.

• Upvote 2

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I gotta agree with the above post, things like Drop Ship Pilot, HF FM, and Recon Team are mainly what I liked about HF rather than what I didn't.

Besides, if you take away all that, how much is really left? Wasn't HF FM like most of the story content, at least early on? That would be kind of like throwing out MNOG from Bionicle.

17 hours ago, Valendale said:

I gotta agree with the above post, things like Drop Ship Pilot, HF FM, and Recon Team are mainly what I liked about HF rather than what I didn't.

Besides, if you take away all that, how much is really left? Wasn't HF FM like most of the story content, at least early on? That would be kind of like throwing out MNOG from Bionicle.

Well, that lady named Daniella Capricorn is a chronicler while those FM people never chronicled the main storylines or even take on villains, not like how Takua and his friends chronicled Bionicle 2001 storyline’s events and tackled the infected Rahi. I mean, those FM people are not warriors and mind their own business rather than helping the Alpha 1 Team fight the villains. Takua and his group helped the Toa Mata out. All you hear is jokes rather than fighting bad guys. 

The Recon Team are serious people, and of course, they trained Rocka to be a secret agent, though. That’s one significant. I gotta admit. But, they didn’t do anything useful for the Alpha 1 Team much. They just check things, but they never find anything interesting. I mean, they never fought more of Witch Doctor’s minions or something like that. 

I kind of look at the Drop Shop Pilot as a transportation drone who just transports heroes. However, in the TV show, the heroes are the ones who drive the Drop Ships. They never called a space taxi or anything like that. 

Daniella may be a minor character, but she did help out the heroes by tricking Black Phantom into thinking that the heroes haven’t returned from their Breakout missions. She’s more useful than the people that you mentioned above. Those people could have investigated the secrets of things, like the nature of Anti-Quaza and fighting more bad guys to prevent them from making the Heroes’ situations with the Brains and Jumpers worse. It would be interesting if the Recon Team would fight against the 2010-2011 villains who escaped from prison and recaptured Voltix and Core Hunter, who are still on the loose. That would be useful.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The only one I really agree with you on is the first. The other points were insignificant, so, not much is gained from their absence, either. I definite like the Galactic Conspiracy subplot. I only wish it was explored further (which could have been facilitated by not pursuing other story threads, like the Invasion from Below). The reason that one never went anywhere is because Greg made it up for the book series, which never got any more installments.

What I would outright decanonize (instead of just not bother talking about anymore) is Brain Attack and Invasion From Below. The core narrative up until that point wasn't awful. Villain Factory was a great idea that was promptly ignored. Hero Recon Team was influential, too, since Rocka was a secret Recon member. All of it (Recon Team, Villain Factory, and the Galactic Conspiracy) could have come together nicely, but instead we got Xenomorph/Krana knockoffs.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!