Has anyone collected all 391 Kanoka?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! I have been reading BS01, and it is said that Kanoka have unique codes. There are three digits. The first digit represents one of the Metru, ranged from 1 to 6. The second digit represents a power, ranged from 1 to 8. The third digit represent how powerful is the Kanoka, ranged from 1 to 8. As I calculated with those things, 6 * 8 * 8 = 384 (I did it all in my head). Of course, there are the six Great Disks, where their third digit is 9, and there’s the Disk of Time, which is 199, so that’s 7, and add that, you could possibly have 391 Kanoka. So, let me ask you think: Has anyone collected that many? I never did. I only collect the Toa Metru, Vahki, Nidhiki, and Krekka.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

1 hour ago, Danska: Shadow Master said:

They only released a total of 51 different discs, with 36 (including the Great Disks) being randomly packaged in the Kanoka Packs. If you scroll to the bottom of the BS01 page, you can see all the ones they released.

Ah, I see. So, what you trying to say is that there are only 51 Kanoka sets in existence in terms of sets? I get that Lego would not do all 391 Kanoka. It would be very hectic. I was just calculating the math with those digits here. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

3 minutes ago, Lenny7092 said:

Ah, I see. So, what you trying to say is that there are only 51 Kanoka sets in existence in terms of sets? I get that Lego would not do all 391 Kanoka. It would be very hectic. I was just calculating the math with those digits here. Thanks! :)

Unfortunately that is the case, yes! That was when they started moving away from collectables and towards launchers and ammo packs, and I think after the however many Kraata there were in 2003 they must have realised how few people have the patience (or money) for collecting that many and decided to scale it back a bit.

• Like 2

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I believe that I've successfully managed to collect all of the Kanoka there are.  Here's my Brickshelf Gallery.  I have actually procured one more Kanoka since this picture was taken and that was the prototype Kanoka which had the Kakama design on it, but it was made of the white, glow-in-the-dark material that most of the 2004 Kanoka were made of.  My belongings are currently not with me, but hopefully before the end of the year I'll have access to it all so that I can upload some updated pics.

- TLH

Edited by Toa Lhikan Hordika

Yeah, LEGO really knew how to tap into our pleasure centers with all those collectibles. I can't believe I'm still actually trying to collect all the Kraata.

Here are all the Kanoka disks I know of:

Six unique disks from the Vahki

Six unique disks from the Matoran

36 unique disks from the Kanoka pack (including the six Great Disks)

Two unique disks from Dark Hunters (Nidhiki and Krekka)

The Disk of Time

The 15 disk (released in Europe with certain comics)

That's 52 total, and that's not counting prototypes or other promotional items, or the "Bamboo Disks" from 2001 (same mold, different in-story).

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!