To take apart of not take apart.

turaga edron

I've opened many of my Bionicle figures and put them together. When I packed them away I put them back in their containers still together. Now I've read that some of the joints can crack over time so I was thinking of going and opening them back up and taking them apart. Well I'm not going to live forever and I was also thinking that when my wife or children go to sell my collection they want be able to sell them like most people on eBay do that have the models put together for pictures and only disassemble them to ship them. So do I take them apart to keep them from breaking or do I leave them together to make it easier for my wife or children to sell them?

It depends on the year. If the set was released prior to 2008 (and doesn't use lime-green joints), then you should definitely disassemble the joints.

If the set was released from 2008-2010, then you should probably keep the ball joints in whatever state you currently have them in (attached or non-attached). The ball joints from these years are very fragile, and are more likely to crack from use (when you take them apart or put them back together) than they are just existing.

Edited by Mukaukau Nuva
spelling