Should the Olmak be considered a Legendary Mask?

Should the Olmak be considered a Legendary Mask?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, guys! You see, in both G1 and G2, we have two legendary masks, the Mask of Creation and Mask of Time. In G1, we have exclusively the Mask of Life. In G2, the Mask of Control and the Mask of Ultimate Power seem to be Legendary Masks because they are rare and powerful, like the G1 masks. Now, there is one thing come to mind, and that is the Kanohi Olmak, aka the Mask of Dimensional Gates, from G1, which can open portals that lead to another dimension. I look at that as very powerful for it takes you to far away places, much more powerful than how the Mask of Teleportation can (Toa Iruni's mask, and it does very tiny distances). So, I wonder if the mask should be considered a Legendary Mask because of how powerful that it is. 

Brutaka and some Toa member of Jovan's team had two of those masks, but both of those masks are destroyed. Of course, they never ruined an island or a world, but still, they are powerful, and the Legendary Masks are different in some ways, like how the Ignika has a mind of its own. 

So, I would think that the mask should be called a Legendary Mask should be powerful. I do have a theory that the Great Beings have created the Olmak, as the Melding Universe Great Beings have done inter-dimensional traveling in the serial, Brothers in Arms in late 2008, at one time when they took Mazeka and their Teridax to Mazeka's dimension. 

Think of it this way. There's usually six anything in Bionicle, and the Legendary Masks are like the Infinity Stones from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Mask of Ultimate Power = Power Stone (destructive and explosive power), Creation = Reality (creating things), Life = Soul (life and death, plus those awful sacrifices), Mask of Time = Time Stone (time powers), and Mask of Control = Mind (mind-bending powers). I would like to think that the Olmak is like the Space Stone by opening portals to travel long distances, so that's also why I think the Olmak should be considered a Legendary Mask. Would you imagine a powerful Bionicle character, like Teridax or Mata Nui, use a device with the Mask of Ultimate Power, Mask of Creation, Mask of Life, Mask of Time, Mask of Control, and the Mask of Dimensional Gates to try to counter Thanos' or the Hulk's Infinity Gauntlet with all six of the Infinity Stones on it (perhaps call this the Kanohi Gauntlet. Lol. Anyway, I know that the masks affect a world while the stones affect the universe, but yeah and that would be interesting)? That would be awesome if Marvel and Bionicle would do such a crossover. :) 

So, yeah. What do you think? You ever thought and wondered about that before?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Personally I'd say yes, basically because the power to reach outside your own reality into a completely different universe is a huge power to have. Need unlimited storage? Pocket universe to hold an infinite amount of supplies. Need someone imprisoned? Kahgarak's "realm of shadow" pocket universe. Need an army? Go to a different universe and grab some extra troops or even a copy of your worst enemy to fight him (meldingTeridax for example). Need your own mask of life to save Mata Nui? Grab it from another universe. The possibilities are endless!

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I agree, but my only hesitation is the fact that there are (or were) 2 Olmak. Its always bugged me that they wrote in some random character that happened to wear an Olmak but never really talked about him. Think about it-how would you kill someone with an Olmak? Jovan's team got jipped. If there was only one Olmak, then definitely 100% a Legendary Kanohi 

22 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

perhaps call this the Kanohi Gauntlet

Legendary Suva anyone? 

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

2 hours ago, MoarBotar said:

I agree, but my only hesitation is the fact that there are (or were) 2 Olmak. Its always bugged me that they wrote in some random character that happened to wear an Olmak but never really talked about him. Think about it-how would you kill someone with an Olmak? Jovan's team got jipped. If there was only one Olmak, then definitely 100% a Legendary Kanohi 

Legendary Suva anyone? 

Well, Artakha and the Great Beings can whip up another Mask of Time, Mask of Life, Olmak, and Mask of Creation, and Ekimu and Makuta can whip up another Mask of Control and Mask of Ultimate Power, so there's no rule against making more copies. However, the Great Beings and the Mask Makers think that making copies would be a bad idea, so only one copy in each mask is enough, but Artakha made two Olmak masks because these are used for exclusive emergencies and no one wants people to leave the Matoran Universe, otherwise Mata Nui would have less people to help him. Vultraz got lost in an alternate dimensions because of an Olmak, so that would be a a little bit of a bad consequence for the MU because Mata Nui needs his people to support his Great Spirit Robot body. So, I think the Olmak is as dangerous and almost as rare as the Legendary Masks, so that's a reason why I think it should be a Legendary Mask, doesn't matter how many Olmak masks there are. Vezon is the living Olmak, currently. Lol. 

In G2, it is said that there are two Masks of Time, but these are two halves. They're still powerful, though, and so, yeah.

Anyway, I like the Legendary Suva idea. That's a nice way of putting it. Lol. Seriously. I wonder if that would counter the Infinity Gauntlet. Lol.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The difference between the olmak and a legendary mask is that legendary masks do no just control an element, they are the element. So, the mask of time doesn't manipulate time, it is literally the force of time trapped in a physical structure, which is why destroying the mask would destroy time itself. Theoretically you could argue that the great beings could create a second mask, but I disagree. At least I don't think you could trap the same force in different items without weakening the power of both. While the olmak is an extremely powerful mask, it just manipulates a force, it is not the force itself. Just like the mask of gravity is also an extremely powerful, Uber mask, but it is not the abstract thought of gravity itself. These are just very powerful great masks, not legendary masks. Any Pokemon fans out there might compare it to pseudo-legendary Pokemon vs legendary Pokemon.  These masks are pseudo-legendary, like tyranitar, not legendary like Mewtwo. Can a pseudo legendary do really powerful, insane things, yes. Does that make it legendary, not at all.

Edit: those arguing that 6 is a huge number in Bionicle, so there must be 6 legendary masks, remind me again how many virtues there are in Bionicle?

Also even if we allowed there to be a legendary Suva, I do not think it is comparable to the infinity gauntlet, since the gauntlet wields all 6 stones at once. While the Suva could hold all 6, any wearer could only hold one at a time. Even if they swap masks very quickly, they could still only wields one mask at a time.

Edited by jchavoya
More info

52 minutes ago, jchavoya said:

Also even if we allowed there to be a legendary Suva, I do not think it is comparable to the infinity gauntlet, since the gauntlet wields all 6 stones at once. While the Suva could hold all 6, any wearer could only hold one at a time. Even if they swap masks very quickly, they could still only wields one mask at a time.

You'd need a "Golden" Legendary mask, like the ones the Toa Mata gained once they put all 6 of their other masks onto the Kini Nui suva, letting them wear 1 mask, but can access all 6 powers at their whim. Exactly like that, except for all of the legendary masks. Now that would be OP, not to mention I don't think anybody could handle that amount of power (Tahu Nuva barely contained the power of time himself).

• Like 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

• 3 months later...
On 11/14/2019 at 7:37 AM, jchavoya said:

The difference between the olmak and a legendary mask is that legendary masks do no just control an element, they are the element. So, the mask of time doesn't manipulate time, it is literally the force of time trapped in a physical structure, which is why destroying the mask would destroy time itself. Theoretically you could argue that the great beings could create a second mask, but I disagree. At least I don't think you could trap the same force in different items without weakening the power of both. While the olmak is an extremely powerful mask, it just manipulates a force, it is not the force itself. Just like the mask of gravity is also an extremely powerful, Uber mask, but it is not the abstract thought of gravity itself. These are just very powerful great masks, not legendary masks. Any Pokemon fans out there might compare it to pseudo-legendary Pokemon vs legendary Pokemon.  These masks are pseudo-legendary, like tyranitar, not legendary like Mewtwo. Can a pseudo legendary do really powerful, insane things, yes. Does that make it legendary, not at all.

I agree. The best succinct distinction I can gather is that an Olmak can be destroyed with no consequences, whereas the Ignika or Vahi would destroy that element in the universe.

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i: