Hidden Side

Valendale

Anyone else have any opinions on this theme? I only have once set so far, the Shrimp boat, but I like it. I do like the theme as a whole since I'm a fan of spooky stuff, but I'm at a point in my life where a set has to strongly appeal to me for me to pick it up. I like a lot of the pieces the theme has introduced too.

I'm definitely going to be getting at least one of the theme's 2020 sets which were revealed recently though. The portal set contains the "ghost legs" in both red and yellow and I'm very excited to add those parts to my collection.

I tried the app out, but it seemed pretty boring, didn't really appeal to me. I was disappointed that the augmented reality functions only worked with the boat itself and not the whole set. The color wheel and the enemies being separated into 3 colors seemed a little arbitrary and the app read the wrong color from the set at times. I do like that the app has a mode you can play without needing any sets though. That's great, especially for kids who might not have a lot of money to spend. I don't like that you're encouraged to just replay the same levels over and over with no real new content though. 

I like it, too; the theme's aesthetic is incredibly cool, with the feel of a run-down and lived-in world, even before you get to the added spooky atmosphere. Said spooky atmosphere being just about my level of intensity, since I'm not into big horror stuff, but like a bit of fairly tame thrill xD I love the ghost-puppy piece, in particular!

The app, in contrast, doesn't interest me (and likely wouldn't work on my phone anyway); but in my opinion, the sets themselves are exceptional, and more than make up for that.

Don't have any, though... while I'd enjoy picking up the High School at some point, which is easily my favourite of the theme, I'm not in a place where I'm really happy with splashing out on an expensive Lego set. I've contented myself with just enjoying it from afar ^^

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

1 hour ago, Darth Jaller said:

I like it, too; the theme's aesthetic is incredibly cool, with the feel of a run-down and lived-in world, even before you get to the added spooky atmosphere. Said spooky atmosphere being just about my level of intensity, since I'm not into big horror stuff, but like a bit of fairly tame thrill xD I love the ghost-puppy piece, in particular!

Yeah, I like the fact that most of the sets are still solid enough even if you remove the horror elements. Especially since we've gotten a lot of things that don't get done that often in other more realistic themes. School, restaurant, etc.

And the ghost dog is great! I have him sitting on my desk with me right now actually. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have the graveyard set from last year's wave, and I love it!  The attention-to-detail in these sets is outstanding.  I've also been following the story, and it's actually pretty cool.

I do want to pick up the bus at some point mainly because it has a sticker with the Legend of Mata Nui video game on it.

• Upvote 1

~Daler

On 4/13/2020 at 9:43 AM, Daler99 said:

I have the graveyard set from last year's wave, and I love it!  The attention-to-detail in these sets is outstanding.  I've also been following the story, and it's actually pretty cool.

I do want to pick up the bus at some point mainly because it has a sticker with the Legend of Mata Nui video game on it.

Hey @Daler99, just a reminder to check the date of the last post in a topic before you reply. This topic has been inactive for 5 months, so it's considered topic revival.

If you'd like to continue discussing the Hidden Side line, please feel free to make a new topic! :)

Topic closed.

• Eyru locked this topic