Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

-==IC: Zach==-

"Hey; it's not like I did it on purpose; I thought it would like the complimentary Pokeblock we received upon entering that town we just passed." Zach said with a sigh. But yeah; let's go, it's not far now." Zach said, as they headed toward the south of the city.

IC: Ryan

Ryan could tell how worried Sonja was about Unova being under attack once more. And Evan's fear was evident... why was it that the Hero of Space could sense whatever was going on in Opelucid? After a pause, Ryan nodded. "That sounds like a good idea," he said, in answer to both Sonja and Jenny. "We should let Kyle and Ray know where we'll be, then we can scout out the situation. If things get too out of hand and we find that we can't wait for them, I suppose Kyle and Ray could be our second wave of attack, our backup."

He took a deep breath, wondering what they would find in Opelucid. Even as he tried to suppress his fear, the words Evan had spoken echoed in his mind: "A lack of fear is where darkness can truly take over..."

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Aspen and Oliva Seaton

"If we run into that mysterious guy again, I have a few questions for him..." snarled Aspen.

"You're not an action hero, so don't get cocky. We still have to be careful, even with the four of us together." warned Olivia.

"Yeah yeah, but don't blame me for having a grudge on that guy..."

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

"I think we all have questions for him..." Zach said with a frown, as Ryan nodded; even though they barely even knew each other now, Ryan still considered Jessica, or Summer, or Jenny, or whatever her name was now a good friend; so her being kidnapped wasn't exactly the best bit of news he had heard.

IC: Evan Tierra, The Alamo

"I have a Beeheeyem that Team Plasma let me borrow for teleportation.", Evan said, "So if we need help, I can have him return here and tell the others to help us out."

With that, Evan sent out the Beeheyem, who nodded to Evan. Evan wasn't sure what they would find, but they had find out what was going on in Opelucid.

"Teleport us to the outskirts of Opelucid.", Evan said, "Afterwards, if we are in danger, you MUST teleport back here alone and look for Ray and Kyle."

The Beeheeyem nodded as it cloaked itself and the group in psychic energy. The group then disappeared, now at the outskirts of Opelucid City.......

OOC:

Now things will get interesting......

Edited by Hades

IC: Jake

Jake watched helplessly as Squirtle, after executing a new attack flawlessly, seemed to go into slow motion after the Trick Room went into effect, before he doubled over clutching his head as the Psychic took effect. Being unused to battling, Squirtle fainted.

"Squirtle, return!" As the turtle Pokemon was pulled back into his ball by the red beam, Jake took a deep breath. "Charmeleon, lets go!" With a nod, Charmeleon stepped out to battle with the Munna. "Dragon Rage, now!" With a roar, Charmeleon spat out a ball of bluish yellow energy, headed directly for the Munna.

Ryan leaned against a wall as he waited for the world to stop spinning. He had never grown used to that stomach-lurching feeling of teleportation. When at last he could stand upright again, he looked around. The outskirts of the city were completely empty, but an odd noise carried on the wind. It almost sounded like... singing.

"Whatever's going on," he shook his head. "I think it's going on in the center of the city."

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC – Vicens – Opelucid City:

Sitting upon his throne in the center of town, the man in the suit watched as people seemingly frolicked about, without a care in the world. A toothy smile came over his face, as he extended his hand, into which grapes were placed by one of said people. “Ah, this is such innocence. Not having to deal with the dangers of the world, just as they tried to be before,” the man chuckled, placing a grape into his mouth, which expanded much farther than would normally be allowed, revealing a terrifying sight. Those present would pay no heed. Except for one man, with a face showing many years of age and wear, yet the way that he stood gave off a feeling of intensity and strength.

“What is going on here?” The man bellowed with a look of infuriation upon his face. “I demand that you explain this at once! Who are you? What are you?” The suited man paused, almost as if he was thinking to himself the answers of the questions. He rested his hand on his fist, tapping his head with his cane, lost in thought. A sudden look of inspiration came to his face as he leaped up to his feet, standing tall and straightening his suit. Walking down to the man’s level, the suited man stared him straight in the face, smiling his unsettling innocent smile.

“Oh, my dear old man, I can see how much your years of being blinded to the truth has been,” the suited man yawned. “I, myself, go by many names. I of course, know your name... Drayden” The old man seemed unfazed by the words of the stranger, and continued his stance. To his irritation, the man began counting on his fingers, spelling out various words on his hands. “Hrm... I believe you may call me Kane. Yes, yes, that works for now.”

“Well, Kane,” Drayden spat the name as he released his Haxorus, the dragon Pokemon roaring. “I demand that you release these citizens from whatever hold it is you have! I can tell that you have nothing but sinister plans for them!” Drayden’s mighty Haxorus bellowed a challenge towards Kane, who simply responded by tilting his head and smiling his terrible smile.

“Aha! Then it is a duel!” Kane said clapping and laughing. He flicked his hand, a Poke Ball emerging from his sleeve. “Very well! I shall accept your challenge! Let us make a bet? If you win, I shall free these people from my influence, and let them live in a world full of fears, and with the knowledge that you freed them from happiness.”

“And if I lose?” Drayden asked, clenching his hands into fists. He could see that his foe thought of him a joke.

“If, no, WHEN you lose,” Kane stated. “You belong to me, and you shall see happiness in the name of fearlessness!” With that, Kane tossed the Poke Ball into the air, releasing a Kangaskhan, who seemed like it thought fairly little of the more powerful Haxorus. Clearly, Kane seemed to have some sort of plan. Nevertheless, Drayden stood his ground, against Kane’s threats. "Come, Drayden, let me see what you are truly capable of!"

IC - ??? & ??? – R&D

The two girls could not look more amused. Wide smiles crossed their faces as they stared down the Liberty trainers. The Metal Girl raised her hand, manipulating the metal in such a way that they formed thrones for herself and her companion. Notably, the Metal Girl’s throne was significantly larger than that of the other. “We are the sisters Garven, I am Melissa. Greed.”

The Lightning Girl nodded at her sisters words, winking at the two before them. “I’m Melanie, but you may call me...” Her next words were soft and oddly disconcerting. “Lust.” Lust kicked back, but kept her eyes focused intently on Vert, smiling a very strange smile.

“As for why we’re here...” Greed said, forging a tiara out of Lust’s throne and placing it upon her head. “We’re here because you have something we so desperately want...”

“A challenge.”

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

IC: Evan Tierra, Opelucid Outskirts

"We'd best be prepared for anything.", Evan said, "With that said, let's go."

With those words, Evan walked towards the center of Opelucid, where a large crowd had gathered. There was what seemed to be a throne there, with a man standing in front of it. The man was leaning on his cane, with a Kangaskhan in front of him. Evan suddenly got an overwhelming sense of fear as he looked upon the man. A loud roar echoed throughout the city as a Haxorus rushed towards the Kangaskhan.......

Ryan saw the crowd at the center of the city as well. There seemed to be a battle going on; a Haxorus from somewhere in the crowd was rushing toward an odd man in a suit with a Kangaskhan.

Confused, Ryan turned to one of the nearby townsfolk, a young man no older than himself. "What's going on here?" he asked. The boy did not respond. "Excuse me," Ryan repeated, louder this time. "Can you tell me what's happening?" The boy continued to stare blankly. "Hey!" Ryan cried, giving the boy a firm shake by the shoulders. "I'm talking to you!" He glanced at Evan, Sonja, and Jenny for help. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he had a sinking feeling he knew where to find the guy responsible.

IC - Sonja Baron - Opelucid City: Following the others into Opelucid, Sonja frowned, worriedly furrowing her eyebrows as she looked at the people they passed. No one seemed to really react to their presence, almost as if they were hypnotized. Ryan's failure to get a response from a boy nearby only further supported that assumption.

Whatever was going on, one thing was certain: Things were not good. For security's sake, she grabbed a Poké Ball from her belt, closing her first around it while she used her free hand to activate her Pokétch, preparing to send a message to Kyle and Ray...

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Abyss: Gavin leaned against a wall in the main lobby of Abyss, head bowed and eyes closed in a futile attempt to catch up on sleep. Having spent the previous night searching for a new Pokémon to add to his team, he was understandably tired, though not enough to truly let the fatigue bother him. He looked around, suppressing a small yawn, and noticed the springy approach of Ethan, who appeared far too awake and aware for such an early time of day.

"Mornin'," Ethan called, nonchalantly spinning a Poké Ball on the tip of his finger as he walked. "You're here early."

"Am I early, or are you and the others late?" Gavin asked. Ethan replied with a shrug and a half-hearted "eh." Gavin shrugged, himself. "Well, whatever. Hopefully Lucia and Jamie will get here soon." He looked at Ethan. "You did find a mission for us to go on, right?"

"Maybe," Ethan said. "I'll fill you in once the girls arrive. Consolidate time that way and whatnot." He smirked, winking at his fellow Rocket agent, and then rolled the Poké Ball into his hand. "Anyway, I've got something else to show y'all, too. Should be pretty neat."

IC - Meghan Vert - R&D Test Area: Greed and Lust? Vert's eyes narrowed as she replaced her glasses on her face, staring down the two girls. You've got to be kidding me...

Whether they were joking or not, one thing was certain: She and James had little choice in this matter. The doors were sealed, leaving teleportation as the only way out of the testing facility, and the Executive was not entirely certain that any of her's or James' Pokémon could teleport to begin with. Yet, even if they did, these two had already demonstrated unnatural power. What would they do if the two Executives tried to escape without agreeing to their challenge? Certainly, no good could come of that...

Vert glanced at James, and then focused her attention back on Greed and Lust, meeting the latter's smile with a disgruntled frown. "Fine," she said, her tone flat. "If it's a battle you want, then it's a battle you'll get." She pushed back the left side of her lab coat, revealing a line of six Ultra Balls hanging from her belt. She gestured for James to join her, across from the pair of trespassers.

"Name your rules."

OOC: Jam with Blade inbound...

IC - Kyle Eston/Ray Hakuda/Jupiter/Sleight - Chapel: The group walked for some time, Ray in the lead, passing by multiple hallways and doors that branched off into vastly different areas of the Rocket headquarters. It soon became clear that Ray was not entirely familiar with the exact layout of Chapel: Many times, they would come to a stop, only to double back and take a different path, slowly but surely piecing together the correct way to Shadow Admin Sleight's office, all the while doing their best to ignore the curious stares from Rockets who recognized Jupiter. Before long, however, Ray's memory seemed to have been jogged, as he led Kyle and Jupiter more confidently down another set of hallways, finally arriving at a pair of ornately-decorated elevator doors.

"This is it, if I'm not mistaken," Ray said. "We should be able to go straight up to Sleight's office from here."

Kyle nodded, though tilted his head slightly as they approached. "For such a... conspicuous entrance, I'm surprised there aren't any guards around," he said. "What's that about?"

With an equally confused shrug, Ray pressed the elevator's call button. "I'm not sure," he said. "Usually there are. Maybe they're talking to Sleight?"

"I guess we'll find out," Kyle said.

They waited for several moments. Finally, the elevator doors opened, revealing a man and a woman, both wearing Team Rocket Executive badges. Neither seemed to pay much attention to the trio, only dropping the volume of their conversation and proceeding down the hall, both rifling through a set of files as they walked. Though he could not be certain of the specifics, it sounded (at least to Kyle) as if they were discussing a missing person. He stared after them for a moment, straining to listen to their fading voices, before giving up and following Ray and Jupiter into the elevator, exchanging a confused look with the former.

The buzz of the lift accompanied them all the way up to Sleight's office, finally quieting down as they reached their destination. The doors slid open, revealing a small waiting area and a frosted glass door, which stood halfway open. Tentatively, they approached, stopping just outside the office. Ray raised a hand and knocked on the door frame to announce their presence, peering into the room.

"Come in," a tired voice called. They did, gently pushing the door open and stepping inside.

Sleight's office could most simply be described as methodical. The place was completely clean and organized, almost as if it were not occupied on a regular basis. The carpeted floor was a light gray color, accenting the dark walls. One section of the office--if it could truly be called such--seemed dedicated to leisurely meetings, bearing a set of sofas and a drink cabinet; another, directly across from the entrance, where a black desk covered with papers and computer equipment, appeared to be Sleight's actual work area.

This was where he currently sat, eyes set on his monitor, busily typing away at a message to some unknown recipient. Hanging on the wall behind Sleight was a large picture frame, in which was set the image of Sleight, a woman, and a child, who appeared roughly nine or ten years old and whose icy blue eyes perfectly matched those of the Shadow Admin. The pictured Sleight appeared better for wear than the one currently working, lacking the troubled shadows under his eyes and the tired lines etched across his face.

At length, he glanced up, raising his eyebrows in surprise at the unexpected visitors. He immediately noticed Jupiter, addressing her. "Galactic Admin Jupiter," he said, his tone as professional as always. "This is an... interesting surprise." He straightened up, rubbing the inner corners of his eyes. "You'll have to excuse me--this isn't the best time to be dropping in, but I don't mind a momentary distraction. How can I help you all?"

Ray thought over how to explain the situation. "Sir, Jupiter has some news regarding an incident that occurred in Sinnoh not too long ago; and it was felt important enough to bring it up to you." Ray explained, trying to choose his words rather carefully. He wasn't entirely certain how to explain it, though, and looked over at Jupiter for some slight assistance in explaining.

Jupiter glanced at Ray, and then looked back at Sleight. She took a breath, retelling for the third (or was it fourth?) time what all had occurred at Nova--the appearance of Vidinia LeJauso within Team Galactic's main command center; her murder of Mars and the rest of Team Galactic; the subsequent destruction of the base... By now the descriptions came to her naturally, mechanical in nature, and aside from a sort of cloudiness in her eyes, Jupiter showed little sign of disturbance at the memories of what had happened. When she had finished speaking, she shifted her gaze away from Sleight.

"I ended up in Black City thanks to Team Energon's Alakazam," she said. "Evan Tierra found me, I explained my case to the Unovan Sages, and they sent me to Kanto to let Team Liberty and Team Rocket know that things are not as peaceful as they seem." Jupiter looked at Sleight again. "So, here I am. For all intents and purposes, we have another Darkrai situation on our hands."

Sleight peered at Jupiter from behind steeped hands. He glanced at Kyle. "I take it you're from Team Plasma, then?"

"No, sir," Kyle answered. "I'm with Team Liberty--Kyle Eston. Evan was supposed to accompany Jupiter both here and to the Alamo, but..." He exchanged a look with Ray. "... something... came up, so, we're here instead. Team Liberty's leadership has already been informed of what happened."

Sleight nodded, circling his thumbs behind his hands. "I see," he said. The Shadow Admin leaned back in his seat. "Well, I appreciate the warning. We'll keep an eye out for any sign of this... Envy, as well as any other potential dangers." He trailed off, his focus set on his computer monitor. Slowly, his hands fell back to his keyboard, one palm resting over a file labeled 'Urgent.' "So, is that it, or do you have other business here?" Sleight asked, clearly distracted again.

Ray noticed the distracted behavior, and inwardly wondered what that was all about; however... There was no denying that they had no other business here, to his knowledge. "No, sir, that appears to be it." Ray said, even as he glanced over at the others to double check that fact.

"In that case, I must request that you go," Sleight said. "I have... personal business to deal with. Thank you again for delivering the news about Team Galactic." He bowed his head to Jupiter. "Hopefully your recovery is swift."

"Thank you, Shadow Admin," Jupiter replied. With a short bow, the three turned and left, entering the elevator again.

Sleight watched them go. As soon as the elevator doors had closed behind them, he fell back into his seat, shoulders drooping with exhaustion. The Shadow Admin closed his eyes, rubbing them with the palms of his hands.

Destructive forces in both Goldenrod and at Nova, he mused. No sign of activity from Ford... He spun his chair around slowly, looking up at the picture behind his desk. And a missing child, to boot... Sleight could hardly suppress the dreadful sensation welling in his stomach. Why do I get the feeling that this is all connected?

Kyle leaned against the back wall of the lift, obviously troubled as he stared at the closed doors. "So, that was surprisingly easy," he said. "Is Sleight usually like that, though? He seemed a little... off, by normal standards."

Ray frowned, as he shook his head. "No... Something does seem odd about that. He seemed too distracted, and such. Definitely not like he usually is; even if I haven't had much chance to actually talk in person." Ray said, wondering what the issue could be, as he scratched his head about it.

"Hm." Kyle rubbed his chin in thought. "Weird. Well, I'm sure it's none of our business." He shrugged, looking at his Pokétch. "Wonder what's taking Sonja and them so long..."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Jenny==-

Jenny frowned, as she gripped the ball that contained Gyaralite; wanting to help if necessary this time.

I bet everyone will be surprised, of course. Jenny thought, a mischievous smile on her face despite the situation; as she waited for commands, even as she looked over at Sonja with slight concern; wondering what was up with her, as she didn't seem herself that day.

-==IC: Ray==-

"I'm not sure." Ray said, having a slightly bad feeling as well. He thought for a moment, as he was finally able to concentrate on the other situation back with Evan and the others... And Sonja was with them.

"What was that stuff all about, anyway...? I hope it's nothing big..." Ray said, finally registering the situation he had left the others in, and started to worry a bit more.

IC: Ellen

Ellen sat on the edge of the wooden platform nestled high in a tree. Her legs dangled over the edge, swinging freely over the ground of Fortree far below. She was facing west, in the perfect position to watch the setting sun. By now it was a little glowing orb, barely visible behind the forest of trees that surrounded the city, but the view was still better than it would have been from the ground. The tall trees cast long shadows throughout the wooded city, although the areas filled with light were cast in a soft orange glow. “Fortree really is a nice place,” Ellen smiled. “It’s quiet and peaceful, much like Village Bridge.”

Artemis leaped from the platform, twirling gracefully through the air before landing in the branches of a nearby tree. As she stared at the sunset, the Mienshao thought back to their home in Village Bridge. It felt like forever since they had been there. Sure, they had traveled across Unova and even explored some of the Sevii Islands and the Hoenn Region. But for the past several months they had done little outside of restoring Fortree from the fires that had ravaged it during the Ancient Darkrai’s attack. Not that that was a bad thing, of course, but Artemis was a natural-born fighter. Even as a Mienfoo, she had always been the first of the team to step up to battle. Ellen disliked fighting, and so from a young age Artemis had learned to channel her fighting spirit through dance, performing complicated yet graceful maneuvers. But ever since her evolution during the battle with the Ancient Darkrai, Artemis’ natural instincts had grown even stronger. Perhaps it was also in part due to their brief role in the war effort, but Artemis felt like her eyes had been opened to a new side of life that she had formerly suppressed. Unfortunately, they had all been so busy with reconstruction efforts that Artemis had found little time for even her usual dance training. She hadn’t had a decent battle since the Darkrai, and she longed to feel that thrill once more. The Mienshao closed her eyes. She was glad for the current peace that had come across the land, but she was quickly growing restless of the quiet lifestyle they had lived for the past six months. It seemed the battle she longed for would never come.

Resting at Ellen’s side, Terry let out a small whimper as the young girl scratched behind his ears. The Herdier had called Village Bridge home longer than even Ellen had. He had journeyed with Ellen because he saw it as his duty to protect the girl while she was apart from her parents. He wished he could return home… and yet given the circumstances of their departure, he dreaded Mr. and Mrs. Burks’ reactions. They would likely scold him for allowing Ellen to run away on such a journey. Terry looked over at Ellen curiously. Not once in the past six months had the girl even hinted that they would return to Village Bridge. Didn’t she feel the slightest bit homesick? Ellen was almost stubborn in the way that she was convinced that she had to make a difference, be it in ending the war or in simply rebuilding Fortree. Sure, she had spirit, and one of the kindest hearts a trainer could have. But Terry longed for the innocent little girl he once knew, who lived life blissfully unaware of the corruption and chaos of the world.

Maturin nuzzled against Ellen’s other side, looking up at the girl in wonder. As the newest member to the team, the Turtwig had not experienced Village Bridge with the rest of them. Sure, he had been to the village with Evan’s team, but he felt he had not had enough time to explore the place during their two-day stay. Terry, Artemis, and Duo had all grown up there with Ellen, while Maturin had only seen the place in passing. Although he did miss traveling with Evan, Maturin was glad to be part of Ellen’s team. The other Pokemon had readily welcomed him into the group, and the Turtwig easily adjusted to life in Fortree City. Maturin closed his eyes with a smile. Out of all the trainers Evan could have given him to, he felt that Ellen was the best choice. He wouldn’t have had it any other way.

From his usual spot several feet apart from the rest of the group, almost hidden in the shadows cast by a large tree, Chrono looked over at Ellen with a deep frown. He couldn’t understand the girl. The Purrloin had been in the group longer than Maturin, and yet the Turtwig had already bonded with Ellen and her other Pokemon. Chrono still distanced himself from the others, refusing to befriend any of them. Yet despite that, Ellen would not give up. No matter how many rules he broke, no matter how violent and uncontrollable he acted, Ellen still seemed to love and care for him, like a mother to a delinquent child. It made no sense. Ellen seemed convinced she could change the Purrloin, but Chrono refused to be changed. He scoffed at Ellen’s futile attempts to feed him Pokeblocks, as if the colorful cubes would somehow tame him. He had been living a perfectly happy life as a stray cat before Ellen had captured him, named him, and dragged him along on her little adventure across the Unova region. And yet… Chrono couldn’t bring himself to leave the girl. Maybe it had something to do with his capture in a Pokeball, but every time the Purrloin thought about running away, something seemed to stop him. Despite Ellen’s almost constant scolding and correcting, Chrono found that he was still provided with food and shelter. In that sense, he was better off than he had been as a stray. He often told himself that that was his reason for staying with Ellen, yet in the back of his mind, Chrono felt that it was something more.

Duo floated behind Ellen, thinking back to Village Bridge. Oh, how he longed to return to that peaceful and quiet bridge where the refreshing river provided relief from the hot summer sun, and the rustic homes gave shelter against cold winter storms! But they were needed here. Fortree had been devastated. They couldn’t abandon Fortree for Village Bridge. But Village Bridge was the perfect paradise – home of delicious grilled berry sandwiches and several very talented musical performers. One could live out his days in peace and comfort in the beautiful village. Responsibility. They had a responsibility to rebuild Fortree. Although, the reconstruction efforts were nearly finished. Sure, they could move on to help other cities that had been in much worse condition, like Lavaridge, but wouldn’t it be nice to just return home and relax for a while? No. No, no, no. They couldn’t do that. It would be selfish to return home now. Duo closed his eyes in frustration as his mental battle threatened to overwhelm him. When he had evolved into a Duosion, his mind had split in two. Ever since then, the two halves had been in constant battle with each other. Duo could never seem to make his mind up about anything. He always felt conflicted and was never completely sure what to do. He could tell that Ellen was disappointed by the drastic change. Not that she said anything out loud – Ellen was much too kind for that. But she didn’t confide in him as much as she had when he was a Solosis, and the few times they did mentally communicate, Duo could easily sense Ellen’s frustration. He wanted nothing more than to help his trainer… but it seemed the Duosion could barely do anything to help himself.

Ellen watched the sun sink into the horizon. The residual glow of dusk faded soon afterwards, leaving only the light of those few stars that managed to pierce through the thick canopy of leaves. With a yawn, Ellen stood up. “What a beautiful sunset,” she smiled, looking around at her Pokemon. “I’m glad we got to enjoy it together.” Turning around, she headed into the wooden building behind her. It was the home Ryan had rebuilt, and their current place of residence. Ellen stepped inside, and one by one her Pokemon followed in suit.

IC: Loud noises of a Heracross and a Metagross trying to out-flex each other heralded Jamie's arrival to her fellow Rocket Agents. An odd spectacle to be sure, to see a woman... Jamie pondered for a moment about whether she counted as an adult or not, walking with rather refined steps being surrounded on either side by two muscle bound Pokemon whose only concern out the moment was whether a certain pose made the buffness of their physique stand out more. Especially since they looked ridiculous doing so, though to be fair, metal and exoskeleton do not make for good muscle posing. While all the while, she carried a Slowpoke on her back and followed by two floating Pokemon.

"Good morning to you both," Jamie said as she walked closer to her two fellow Rocket Agents placing Grummore down by her feet. "Did you both get a good night's sleep?"

IC: James' habit of writing reports of all of his actions as a Liberty member, meant that he knew he would end up writing, if not submitting a report on his actions thus far today. The report for today would most likely begin with something along the lines of the following phrase.

Today has been a complete and utter failure.

What was supposed to his grand victory over Ross, suddenly went dead cold when he saw that his entire team had been in the viewing gallery. And then it struck him as to the magnitude of what his actions meant, especially in the light that his entire team saw the spectacle. Forget having to win Lancelot's apologies, his entire rapport, which he had painstakingly forged with his team, would have to be rebuilt. All of the loyalty he had gained, lost in a single moment of an unchecked emotion. And worst of all GUINEVERE saw that display.

So in retrospect dealing with two girls claiming to be of the seven cardinal sins was honestly a step up in his day.

"Oh sure. Why not?" James muttered walking to the position gestured to him by his fellow Executive, "As long as no humongous Golurk, or Rocket Shadow Admins show up."

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC – Vicens – Opelucid City:

Kane leaned against his cane as Drayden’s Haxorus charged his Kangaskhan. His eternal smile stayed upon his face, occasionally flashing a terrifying look. “Haxorus, use Brick Break!” Drayden barked at his Haxorus. Still, Kangaskhan stood its ground, waiting for Haxorus to get in close. When finally the dragon got close, Kangaskhan clapped its hands close together, creating a shockwave, stunning Haxorus briefly.

“Good job, Kangaskhan, now use Mega Punch!” Kane shouted. Kangaskhan bellowed, catching Haxorus with a right hook. Haxorus stumbled backwards, before it’s eyes flashed, letting loose back at the Kangaskhan with just as much damage as was dealt. Kane stood up straight, eyes widening as he focused on the battle, seemingly caught off guard by Haxorus’ attack. “You’re quite a clever old man, aren’t you?” Kane sneered.

“There is more where that came from!” Drayden shouted. “Haxorus, Brick Break again!” Haxorus roared at Kangaskhan, charging and delivering a powerful strike to the shoulder. Kangaskhan was sent tumbling backwards, as Haxorus stomped the ground, creating an Earthquake which shook the very center of town. Still, the crowd watching stood their ground, as if they were blind and deaf to all.

Kane glanced over, noticing the newcomers, who stood out thanks to their display of hesitation, unlike those who had been purified by his powers. “Friends! Welcome to the grand show! Come, be not afraid, and witness me defeat the mighty Drayden!” Kane proclaimed, throwing his arms up. His eyes fell upon each of them in turn as they came to a brief rest on Evan. A wink from Kane revealed a flash of a familiar face, as well as a dark silhouette behind him. “Now... Watch!”

IC - Greed & Lust – R&D

“Giant Golurk? That’s a stupid idea. Whoever thought of that is a moron,” Greed said, as she fashioned herself more and more items out of Lust’s throne. One of the items that was formed seemed to be a Poke Ball, which Greed rolled around her fingers.

“The rules themselves are simple. You two can team together, and we’ll each use two Pokemon. Its’ as simple as that,” Lust explained softly. “The game is over once both members of a team are defeated.” With a snap of her fingers, Lust summoned a Poke Ball in a spark to her hand. “Remember, you only get two, so you better choose wisely...” Lust’s words were very clearly taunts. For all of their talking, the two seemed as if they were looking at this whole situation as a game.

~Det

IC: Jake

Due to the trick room, Charmeleon's normally excellent speed turned against him as the wave of sleep washed over him. With a tired yawn, the fire type keeled over and fell asleep.

"Charmeleon, return!" A beam of red light enveloped Jake's Pokemon and returned it to its ball.

"Wow, you are a great battler! Your Pokemon are all really strong, especially Swampert," Jake called as he walked over to the other trainer. "And you were great too," he said, addressing the still floating Munna this time. "How did you get so strong? And did I make any blatantly obvious mistakes?" Jake took a deep breath to halt the rush of questions; that had been his first real battle, and he was still feeling traces of adrenaline in his system.

IC: Arius

"That was indeed quite a fun battle to watch." Arius was covered in mud from the battle, surprisingly. He was wiping off his glasses with a small rag, attempting to get the mud off. "I think it was a good idea for me to have not battled." Arius shrugged. "Oh well, it was still an interesting battle...a good experience for all of us." He stopped wiping his glasses, and put them back on his face.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC - Sonja Baron - Opelucid City: Sonja clenched her jaw, closing her eyes for a moment and shaking his head. "This guy sounds crazy already," she muttered to the others. "Like, for real." The Liberty Agent looked at Evan. "I'm willing to bet that he's what you felt back at the Alamo."

As inconspicuously as possible, she pressed the "send" button on her Pokétch, relaying their location to Kyle and Ray...

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Abyss: Gavin shrugged at Jamie, both in greeting and in answer to her question. Ethan merely chuckled. "For the most part," he said. "I spent a good chunk of the night out by the Lake of Rage with my team. Quite a night, if I do say so myself."

"And yet, you show hardly any signs of that," muttered Gavin, who was decidedly showing the most minute signs of a busy night. "Must be your age..."

Ethan half-heartedly pushed the younger Rocket agent. "Hush," he said. "I'm sure you'd be less tired if you weren't so grumpy all the time." Rubbing his hands together excitedly, Ethan looked around. "Alright... Now, where might Lucia be? Hm..."

IC - Kyle Eston/Jupiter - Chapel: Kyle shrugged again, having no answer. Truth be told, he, too, was concerned for the others, given how big of a threat this thing seemed to be. Still, given how much experience they had by now with "unstoppable" threats, Kyle knew that there was a glimmer of a possibility that they could find a way to resolve this issue at least somewhat quickly.

He glanced over at Jupiter. Her arms were crossed and her head was bowed, giving the impression that she was staring at the floor, if one did not also notice that her eyes were closed. The Liberty agent crossed his own arms. "So, what're you going to do now?"

"I'll come with you to Unova and go my own way from there," she said, not even bothering to open her eyes. "If anyone needs me for more information, then they can find me."

Kyle nodded. "Fair enough." He looked at his Pokétch, which had just received a message from Sonja at the same time that the elevator had reached the ground floor. He read it quickly, stepping out with the others. "Hope you like Northern Unova, then, 'cause it sounds like that's where we're going." He looked at Ray, who had received the same message. "Shall we go now?"

IC - Meghan Vert - R&D Test Area: Two Pokémon per person. Simple enough. The researcher rubbed her eyebrow, mentally running through her own options. Considering she had no idea of who James would pick, she figured it would be best to go with a relatively neutral Pokémon to start with--something not specifically geared towards one kind of foe or another; something that could be both defensive and offensive if necessary...

The corner of Vert's mouth twitched. She knew who to use. Unlatching the third Ultra Ball from the front off of her belt, she enlarged it, and tossed it into the air. A white light emerged from the container, lightning-like as it coalesced on the ground, materializing into what appeared to be an upside-down squid. Vert's Malamar grinned at her opponents, narrowing her eyes and tilting her head slightly, looking back at her trainer with a friendly dutifulness.

"I'm ready whenever you are," Vert said, both to James and to the twins. Don't keep me waiting...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Lucia==-

At one point while Ethan was looking around, he would've noticed Lucia right in front of him, waving slightly.

"Boo." Lucia said, trying to keep her face looking slightly emotionless while saying that for maximum hilarity.

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray nodded, as he closed out the message, and sent out Aizen once more, and the group blinked for a moment, appearing in Opelucid the next second.

"Now where..." Ray said, as he noticed a large group gathered in one corner of the city, and frowned.

"That's never a good sign."

Ryan instinctively froze when the man with the cane noticed them. Not that it did any good, since he already knew they were there. He slowly reached for his Togekiss' Pokeball. "Togie could be fast enough to do a hit-and-run," he told the others as loudly as he dared. "Or should we just watch this battle play out?"

IC: Dack

At the battle tower, Palmer took the Magma Stone and set it on a table. The stone glowed with a soft orange light, as if a flame burned within the smooth rock. "Amazing," the Frontier Brain said. "It matches the description perfectly. In recent history, there's only been two recorded incidents of a Magma Stone: one in Unova, and one right here in the Battle Zone, at Stark Mountain. Some of the folks in the Survival Area might be able to tell us a bit more, but according to the stories, this stone could be used to summon -- or perhaps even control -- Heatran."

"You say there were two incidents," Madison said with a frown. "So is there more than one Magma Stone, or is this thing one-of-a-kind?"

"That's the question," Palmer shook his head. "If there's only one, then you have to wonder how this person got their hands on it. And if there's more than one... how many more might this person have?"

"You mean, there could be another Heatran attack?" Dack asked. "But the Magma Stone, or a Magma Stone, or whatever, it shouldn't be able to affect a Heatran that's already been captured, right?" He glanced cautiously at the Ultra Ball that rested at his waist.

"That is why we should make haste to the Survival Area," Palmer said. "We need answers, and fast. If this guy is going to strike again, we want to make sure we're prepared."

Cassius stifled a yawn. "How far is this Survival Area?" he asked.

"About a half day's walk from here," the Tower Tycoon said. "Long night last night?"

With another yawn, Cassius motioned at the new Pokeball that rested on his belt.

"Then it might be best if you wait here," Dack advised. "If something else comes up, we can't have you falling asleep in the middle of a battle. Last I checked, Awakenings and Chesto Berries only work on Pokémon."

Edited by Konuju

Zach was about to answer, when the buildings began to thin out.

"Very close." Zach said, as they were able to see a large lake... And an old fashioned house right on the other side of it.

OOC: Heh, Layton music for this, and Steins;Gate for the Opelucid stuff. Fitting. xP

OOC: Link, maybe? I have no idea what songs you're talking about.

IC: Aspen and Dahlia Seaton

"That screams Dahlia to me in so many ways." muttered Olivia.

"Then I guess we go around the lake. Hurry, we've got no time to waste!" said Aspen, as he started to walk.

OOC: The choice of the Steins Gate is for me to link this, not embed.

Only have one for the Steins;Gate one I mentioned; not sure what the Professor Layton song was, since it was in-game and I don't know the OST by heart... =P

Zach smirked; as it was indeed the perfect disguise, however, he nodded, as he began to run across the bridge leading across the lake.

Edited by Null.

OOC: Ah. So that's for Opelucid City? Interesting.

IC: Aspen and Olivia Seaton

"Oh... How did I not see that bridge?" Aspen sheepishly said, before making his way onto said bridge and practically sprinted.

"Someone's a hothead." chuckled Olivia, as she stepped on to the bridge as well."

OOC: What I was listening to for when I read reading/writing about it, yeah. xP Not the theme; just seemed fitting for Ray and the others appearing. =P

Once on the other side, Zach suddenly stopped, as he knelt to a knee, and gripped his head.

"What... was that..." Zach mumbled to himself, as his head had suddenly burst into excruciating pain for a brief moment.

Zach nodded.

"I think... I'm fine..." Zach managed to say, as he shakily stood up.

"Let's just keep going... I can't slow us down now." Zach said, though he didn't totally look fine.

"Okay then. But don't push yourself." he said, as he walked forward on the bridge again, this time slower.

"Need some help?" asked Olivia, who stuck out her arm, in an offer to help steady Zach.

Edited by Zero: Maverick Hunter

"S-sure..." Zach said, accepting the help, as he definitely didn't seem as strong as he had just before. However, he was unsure of why he had gotten the headache in the first place, and his face showed it.

Olivia grabbed Zach by the arm, and slung it over her shoulder. "Now that everything's settled, we can move on again."

Aspen slowly made his way across the bridge, partly due to letting Zach keep up. However, the great majority was the anticipation of finally seeing Dahlia again after over six months. He was trembling, would his incessant worries and fears finally come to an end? After all this time, would it really be as simple as knocking on a door? Aspen wasn't sure, but he continued through the bridge, gulping, sweating and antsy.

Zach nodded, not really sure how else to react, as his vision was still slightly blurred from his still slightly pounding head.

"We're almost there..." Zach said, as the pain began to clear up again; but a new uneasiness replaced it.

What even caused that...? It's like it was on purpose...

Soon, Aspen reached the house. It definitely housed Dahlia, he concluded when he came right up to the house itself. He was about to knock on the door, until he turned back to see if the others were right behind him. "You guys ready?"

IC: Aspen and Olivia

Aspen nodded, knocking on the door.

Within a moment, the door opened, revealing Dahlia, who looked at Aspen at the door. "Aspen!" she cried, hugging him immediately.

"I missed you so much." was all Aspen could say in that wonderful moment, sobbing tears of joy.

"I see nothing's changed." muttered Olivia.

Looking up, Dahlia's smile intensified when she saw everyone else. "Oliva and Zach?!" Suddenly, her expression became grim. "No... All of you, you shouldn't be here."

"Wh-why??!" was all Aspen could produce. "Don't tell me it has something to do about that guy who kidnapped you..." Suddenly, his heart was thumping. He chastised himself for thinking it would be so easy to find Dahlia again. Whoever that guy was, he was probably nearby. His hand instinctively moved to his Pokeballs.

As if Aspen could predict the future; the next moment, a wave of some sort of energy was sent through the door; and spiraled into Zach; blasting him backwards. Zach tumbled over himself a few times, sending out Luke in the process, though the Riolu wasn't really much help in that situation.

"I... should've known..." Zach panted, as he stood up slowly; barely able to actually do so.

"Heh... Heh heh... I knew you'd follow the clues like a good little 'detective' sometime soon, Zachary." A taunting voice called out, as a man, face obscured by a blue scarf, walked out of the house finally.

"I was worried I'd have to take other measures. But no." The man said, a malicious smirk behind his face, as he waved the others off.

"All that's needed... Is Zach. And maybe that sister of yours..." The man said, a scowl on his face, as he looked over at Olivia.

IC: Aspen, Dahlia, and Oliva Seaton

"You again..." snarled Aspen as he sent out Flare and Jet. "Of course you'd have to spoil this moment too..."

Oliva dashed over to Zach, grabbing him and slinging his arm over her shoulder again. "I would be flattered, but you're the creep who kidnapped my sister!" she yelled, sending out Shade and Toxin.

Dahlia stood, horrified. "Please, leave them alone!" she cried desperately.

"No can do. They ruined my life... Now it's time to return the favour." The guy said, as Zach nodded to Olivia, panting as he used her to support himself once more.

"I don't even know you..." Zach said, and the guy chuckled bitterly, as he narrowed his eyes.

"Or do you...?" The guy said, as he sent out a Scizor and a Weavile.

"Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, Extremespeed; closest targets."