Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Aspen/Olivia/Dahlia Seaton

"Right then, let's go." Olivia said, Aspen following. However, when Dahlia approached them, Olivia stopped her. "Hold on, you shouldn't follow us."

Dahlia gave a confused expression. "Why not? You'd need all the help you can get, right?"

"Remember, you were help up for six momths by this guy. It wouldn't be smart for you to run into his lair."

Dahlia winced and looked down at the ground. "I suppose you're right then... Okay, I'll just stay here."

As her siblings dissappeared down into the drain, Dahlia turned around, looking at the house that she was in for six months, and thought.

OOC: Not great, but it's what I can wrestle out of a tablet. =P

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Zach/Ryan==-

Zach and Ryan frowned, as the group ran through what was effectively the drains, wondering where these led. However, oddly, as they continued into the 'main' area of the sewers, they ran into the person they were looking for right in front of them, not doing anything.

"Alistair?" Ryan asked with a frown, as the man turned his head toward them without moving.

"... So... You actually caught up to me..." Alistair said, his orange eyes no looking at them and also seeming to be duller than usual.

IC: Aspen/Olivia Seaton

"Yeah, we did." muttered Aspen. "Look, I'm sorry for forgetting about you, ignoring the fact I was a baby, but was it worth it? Are you proud of causing me this much pain for six months? I hope it was enough to satisfy you..." Aspen said in a shaky voice.

"Aspen, don't break down again." warned Olivia sternly. "Look, Alistair. I understand you wanted revenge. But you're still not getting away for this. Explain yourself one more time, then I'll decide what to do." she said, glaring directly at Alistair.

"Master Alistair...." began the Lucario now christened Aria. "What will happen now? Am I truly to be left with Aspen?"

Edited by JiMing

-==IC: Alistair==-

Alistair closed his eyes, as he sighed.

"I wanted you all to remember me. Seeing what happened in Unova, in my hometown, I felt enraged. I recalled what everyone always said about Zach's looks back in the day, that he was a younger version of me... I wanted to use that. Bring him out of hiding, while at the same time make his reputation lower more and so... However, I never wanted to hurt Dahlia. That's why, instead of doing stuff like I did to others, who were rescued by someone else recently, I had her here." Alistair said, a grimace on his face.

"Everyone forgot about me. everyone just went on with their normal lives, and the person who rescued me warned me that I could never go back home or see anyone, because I was written off as dead; and that hurt me so much... But even when I watched from a distance, everyone just laughed and played as normal..." Alistair said, and shook his head.

"I know I've messed up and there can be no forgiveness." Alistair said, a hint of a cold edge creeping into his voice, as he subtly moved closer to the side of the platform covering the pipe, spreading his arms out.

"I'm willing to accept that now. I'm sorry Lucario; but at least you have a chance at true happiness now, instead of twisted revenge." Alistair said, a broken look in his eyes, as Ryan stepped forward, a frown on his face.

"I can tell what way you're 'willing to accept that'... And I don't like it." Ryan said, as he shook his head.

"You have a chance now; this doesn't have to end as you think it does." Ryan said, not wanting a repeat of what happened with Jenny.

IC: And then suddenly Tristan picked up Ethan, carried him horizontally and smashed the door repeatedly with his head until the door broke down in a heap of metal.

"I'd just like to ram it in, that the puns are getting annoying."

Ah, Jamie sighed, the imagination is such a wonderful place.

When she came back to reality, she looked towards Tristan and gave him a nod. Tristan grinned as big as he could (which isn't very big, but you can feel the smugness) as Pelleas pouted.

The Metagross' right forearm glowed bright with power of Meteor Mash, which Tristan gladly shared with the door, until it launched off its hinges due to the force.

"Doors, down~"

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

-==IC: Lucia==-

Lucia applauded Jamie's efforts in breaking down the door.

"Nicely done." Lucia said, though looked over at Ethan, shaking her head at him for the puns.

"Now then, we should stick together, after all, they could be so stron-" Lucia started to say, and then started to chuckle.

"Still can't say that without laughing."

IC: Evan Tierra

All that had happened did not matter Evan. Save for one thing.

That Luxray. It was not just any Luxray. It was the signature Pokemon of the Hero of Time, Seth Vicens. Volt the Luxray. Evan thought that Seth's pokemon had gone their separate ways after Seth gave his life to slay Sombra. But instead, it seems they remained together. Seeing Volt standing before Kane angered Evan for some reason. Maybe it was the almost eerie idea that Kane resembled Seth. All Evan knew was that despite everything going on, he had to make this fool pay.

Evan bolted towards Kane, rushing past Volt, and smashed his fist into Kane's face.

"I'd like to think that I am more than a problem to you, monster." Evan said, eyes blazing with anger.

-==IC: Amelia==-

Amelia awoke from her nap just in time to hear a pair of high-pitched voices coming from outside her alleyway. Too lazy to get up and look, she closed her eyes and listened.

"..eyes met, we have to battle!"

"W-well...I gue--"

"Go! Kirlia!"

"Uh...you know what to do, Kadabra."

What a boring fight, Amelia complained to herself. Well, they're psychic types, so at least I won't have to listen to their whiny voices calling out--

"Kirlia! Use Confusion!"

"Kadabra...Psybeam attack."

...I stand corrected. In truth, she lay slumped bonelessly against the wall, but the fact remained: she was annoyed. Raising two fingers to her mouth, she gave a high-pitched whistle, calling Sina back from wherever she was wandering.

"Hey, what the--"

"What's going on?"

Amelia smirked. Stupid kids. Then she frowned. Stupid, showoff Sneasel. Now they're gonna--

"Hey lady!"

Sure enough, one of the kids--about twelve, by the looks of him--had led his buddy and their Pokémon to follow Sina into the alley. Sina...!

"Excuse me, miss..--"

"Lady, tell your stupid kid to stay out of Pokémon battles before he--hey, that's not a kid, it's--!"

Before the boy could continue further, he was interrupted by the sound of a Larvitar coming out of its Pokéball. Amelia smirked.

"Harvey, Stealth Rock."

As soon as the kids had been blasted back by the spikes of stone, she returned the little reptile to its Pokéball, casually tossing it in the air a couple times before resuming her slothful pose.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC: Paul Burks
The morning sun fell on Paul's face, waking him up. The first thing he noticed was that his back ached. It didn't take long for him to see why: he had slept on a wooden platform at the top of a tree. Standing up and stretching, he realized what this meant: no one had come home last night, neither Ellen nor her Liberty or Rocket friend.

"The woman at the café said Ellen never came to help her yesterday morning," Paul muttered with a frown. "Something's definitely wrong. I can sense it." At his side, his Bisharp nodded with a worried look.

As he climbed down from the tree, Paul wished Ellen hadn't taken Terry with her. The Herdier might have been able to pick up Ellen's scent, which would make Paul's search that much easier. Instead, he would have to comb through Fortree and the surrounding forest, praying for some sign that would lead him to his daughter.

IC: Ellen
"Oh, come now, child. Don't tell me you slept like that the whole night."

"Hmm?" Ellen yawned, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Is it morning already?"

"Yes, and a lovely one at that," the berry lady said, opening the windows to fill the room with sunlight. "It would be a shame if you slept the morning away. Now go and wash up -- it looks like your hair is full of sand."

As Ellen sat up, she realized that she had been sleeping on the floor. Beside her, Chrono woke up and stretched. "Oh, Chrono, you're awake!" Ellen cried, pulling the Purrloin into a warm -- albeit one-sided -- embrace. "Yeah, I know you're not a touchy-feely kind of cat," Ellen laughed as Chrono squirmed out of her grasp and began licking down his ruffled fur. "But I'm just glad you're alright."

As Ellen headed off to the bathroom to wash out her hair, the berry lady walked up to Chrono. "I know you don't like people," she said. "But you should consider yourself lucky to have a trainer as kind as Ellen."

Chrono only scowled in response.

IC: Dack
A sticky paw roused Dack out of his restful sleep. "Hnrng... wha--?"

Teddy was standing over him, absentmindedly sucking on one honey-drenched paw while the other was vigorously attempting to shake him awake.

"Okay, I'm up! I'm up!" Dack cried. He shot up and went to go wash the honey and slobber out of his face. When he finally stepped outside, with Teddy riding joyously on his shoulders, Madison, Luke, and Palmer were waiting for him.

"Morning, Sleepyhead!" Madison said brightly.

"No wonder Heatran doesn't see you as a powerful trainer -- you can't even control that Teddiursa," Luke laughed.

"...Shut up," Dack glared.

Palmer watched the three friends bicker with a slight smile, for it reminded him of his younger days. "Now, if you're all finished acting like a bunch of Mankeys," the Tower Tycoon spoke up, "our objective for the day is to search Stark Mountain."

"What do we expect to find there?" Dack asked. "We've got Heatran and the Stone, and the culprit is probably long gone by now."

"Assuming the culprit went into Stark Mountain himself to grab the Magma Stone," Palmer explained, "he may not have covered all his tracks -- especially once he got the stone and Heatran was after him."

"You heard the elder last night, though," Madison put in. "He didn't notice anything suspicious outside of the smoke coming from the mountain. It sounds to me like this criminal was very careful about covering his steps."

"Even the best of the best can make mistakes," Palmer reminded her. "Besides, Stark Mountain is our only lead right now, unless you want to scour the Survival Area or Snowpoint." When no one objected, Palmer gave a wide grin. "Then to Stark Mountain it is!"

OOC: And with three of my four characters waking up to a brand new day, I should probably mention that for Ellen, Dack, and Paul it is now two days after Ryan left Fortree, which is one or two days after Opelucid. Just something to keep in mind if anyone interacts with them. :)

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

"Alistair..." Aspen began. "I was young, pretty much a baby. How could they tell me you died? Death is.... Something you can't take lightly, and kids can't handle that. I'm sorry I couldn't find out then, but it was too late. And we had no choice but to move on." Aspen looked at the ground. "We honestly didn't know better, alright?! And we couldn't have mourned forever!" Suddenly, Aspen winced as he saw Alistair's movements. "Wait..."

"Aspen hang on. Ryan's right, I know what you want to do, and I say don't do it." warned Olivia in a stern voice, her face betraying her concern. "We're both mad at you, but..." her voice trailed off. "Just don't do it."

"....Master?" Aria called out. "You're not going to..."

OOC: Gah, brain, come up with better stuff next time. >_<

Alistair frowned, as he looked at them skeptically.

"Well what am I supposed to do? There's no going back, not from what I did." Alistair said, as he looked away.

"And what about everyone else?!" Ryan snarled, causing Alistair to look up suddenly in surprise. Ryan winced, but continued to look at Alistair disapprovingly.

"I've been in your exact same situation, and you know that. You were the one who told me not a day ago that I shouldn't just give up." Ryan said, and Alistair just coldly chuckled.

"You needed to be in action... I just told you what was necessary." Alistair stated, and Ryan closed his eyes.

"then what about the others... Ray, Jenny, Dahlia...?" Ryan said, and Alistair faltered, but grit his jaw.

"Some sacrifices are necessary." AListair said, as he took another step to the side slowly.

"Sacrifices?" Aspen muttered. "We don't have to go there, I don't think...." he nervously breathed.

"Alistair, just think. Don't act rashly." Olivia warned. "All we need to do is wait, and figure out what needs to happen, but it's not what you think."

Dahlia began to feel concern for the others. She had been warned to stay outside, but she was unsure of how they were doing. Finally, she made up her mind. "I have Pokemon to protect me anyways...." she muttered to herself, as she walked down the secret passageway in the house.

"I've had the time to think while you all were catching up." Alistair said, as he frowned.

"Everyone was better off when I was supposedly dead, after all." Alistair said, giving the others a challenging look, as Ryan was lost for words, and had a look on his face that showed that he was frustrated at not being able to think of anything.

-==IC: Alex Zyther==-

[The Fourth]

Outside the Celadon City Department Store, Alex Zyther was in trouble.

The Blissey he leaned on crooned with motherly concern, but there was nothing she--nor either of his other Pokémon--could do about his condition, especially with the department store evacuated and a team of Rocket agents inside.

Alex slipped a little, his Blissey catching him as his Eevee weaved unhelpfully between his legs, an innocent but unfortunately counterproductive way of trying to help. At least Didi is being smart enough not to zap me today, he considered a bit mournfully.

Alex looked up suddenly. Where was the Dedenne?

"Didi? Di-di..."

Unfortunately, the call was lost amongst the general hubbub of the other patrons kept outside by the police. He was in a bind--even if he was physically capable of climbing over the barrier (which he wasn't), he would be hard-pressed (literally) to escape the pressure of the crowd currently pushing him up against said barrier, not to mention his complete unwillingness and inability to defy the officers of the law dutifully watching the disturbed patrons. Of course, the fact of the matter was that without his crutches, he wasn't going anywhere--even Blissey outright carrying him would quickly become unbearable, on both him and his Pokémon. You know that, Didi, so why'd you run off? He decided to try calling out again.

"Excuse me...officer? Hello?"

As before, his voice was lost amongst the crowd, and he was in no position to start waving his arms to attract attention. Didi...whatever you're doing, be careful. I'd hate to see you caught up in trouble...

------------

Inside the Celadon City Department store, a minute Pokémon scampered cautiously across the floor. She was clearly searching for something, but anyone watching would be hard-pressed to tell what. And anyone in the room would be watching--the Dedenne's bright glow made her instantly obvious to pretty much anyone with eyes in the darkened space. It was only thanks to the officers' distraction and the brightness of the outside that she'd been able to sneak in; she'd have to rely on luck that they wouldn't check in while she was still conducting her search.

A quiet murmuring ahead of her, followed by a crash, attracted her attention. Momentarily forgetting her mission, she pranced forward to investigate.

"...stick together, after all, they could be so stron-" One of the voices began to chuckle. "Still can't say that without laughing."

The Dedenne was now sitting at the end of the hall, unaware in its curiosity that it would be fully visible if any of the four Team Rocket operatives decided to look behind them.

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC: Jake

"Thanks! You're right, the battle should be another time though. Should we head back to the road? I'm getting really excited for the Oreburgh Gym!" He glanced upward to the sky, noticing that it was almost sunset. "On second thought... maybe we should make camp outside of Oreburgh gate. There were some camping spots right by it if I remember correctly." He waited for the other's answers while he returned all his Pokemon except Machop, who stepped to his trainer's right side and stood in a relaxed way.

Edited by sonyaxe

Aspen shook his head. "You only saw the happy parts. Our life wasn't Pecha Berries and rainbows 24/7, you know." Aspen said through gritted teeth. "In fact, Olivia and I were constantly at odds. We've gotten over it to save Dahlia."

"Aspen's right." Olivia began. "You won't be doing us a favor. So just stop this madness once and for all." Olivia growled.

IC: Ruth Fishers

"Well, I've got my sleeping bag." Ruth said, looking at her backpack slung behind her. "Setting up camp sounds good, there's no point in continuing when it's dark, after all." She looked over to Jacob, waiting for his reaction.

"I agree." Alistair said, gritting his teeth, as they were starting to make it seem like it was all about them, just as he figured, and took another subtle step toward the edge of the pipe.

IC:

"I don't have anything with me right now, unfortunately...didn't pack too well for the journey, I suppose." Arius chuckled. "I just hope that the camping spot will have something for me to sleep in other than leaves..."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Both Aspen and Olivia watched as Alistair continued inching backwards. Finally Olivia spoke up. "None of this had to happen." she said with a touch of sadness. "You could've shown up, and I know we would've been overjoyed to see you again." then Olivia glared at Alistair. "But instead, you had to take revenge. You wanted to cause us to suffer, didn't you?" she growled. "Well you did accomplish that..."

"I never knew you were alive, okay? None of us did." said Aspen. "Our families were good friends, right? What makes you think that we wouldn't want to share the happiness you saw with you? Why did any of this happen in the first place?" Aspen asked. "We could still be friends. I'm very mad with you kidnapping Dahlia, but since you didn't hurt her, I'm willing to give you another chance."

"Really?" Ruth said with a look of puzzlement. "You didn't think to take a sleeping bag? I hope you brought stuff like snacks and money..." she said with a tone of worrying. "Hm... Maybe we could ask anyone else at the campsite if they had a spare bag?" she pondered. "Or maybe there's a comfortable tree somewhere? I don't think our bags are made for two people, so you're out of luck there...."

"Because Gerald said so!" Alistair snapped, recognition of the name suddenly surging like a lightning bolt through Zach and Ryan, as the latter simply frowned at that, and closed his eyes.

Another who has been corrupted by my father, huh... Ryan thought, as he figured the information of who was the true culprit behind the events in Unova would have been kept from even the people Alistair posed as.

"Gerald was not a good person." Ryan said, and Alistair just looked at him, and growled.

"How would you know? You're the only one who's not a good person here in that sense of the word, you and your brother." Alistair said coldly, as Zach winced and Ryan simply looked at him.

"Because he used Zach and I; he pretended to be dead for years, and manipulated every single one of us, including you and the rest of your family. You found out that Jenny was still alive; you should have known something was up." Ryan replied with as much of an edge to his voice, which seemed to finally have some sense click into Alistair's mind, as he thought that over with a confused expression...

IC: Ellen
"Bye! Thanks again!" Ellen waved as she and her Pokémon left the berry lady's house. The old woman had shown them the route to Lilycove, from which they could ride a sort of "submarine-ferry" to the island city of Sootopolis. Because the historical city lay within the crater of an old volcano, the only ways to get there were by helicopter or submarine. "We'll find a guy in Sootopolis who can help us," Ellen explained to her Pokemon. "According to the berry lady, he has a cousin in the Kalos Region who can read the memories of Pokémon. Hopefully this memory lady can tell us why Chrono distrusts everyone."

Or Chrono could just tell us himself, Duo piped in. Then we won't have to go halfway across the world looking for answers.

At this, Chrono gave a sharp hiss and swiped his claws against a nearby tree, leaving a deep gash. To Ellen, it was obvious that the Purrloin didn't want her delving into his past. Or worrying about him at all, for that matter.

"I don't think Chrono's willing to tell us himself," Ellen sighed.

Well, what makes you think some lady off the street is going to do any better? Duo asked. I could probably read Chrono's mind just as well.

"You have enough trouble reading your own mind...s." Ellen said flatly.

Duo fell silent and retreated to the back of the group. In the back of her mind, Ellen thought that behavior was unusual, but for the moment she was glad to be free of the Duosion's constant telepathic babbling. Artemis looked from Ellen to Chrono to Duo with a deep frown.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Lucia was about to walk forward, when she noticed an odd glow on the floor that wasn't there a few minutes ago. Lucia frowned, as she realized it wasn't in front of them, and slowly turned around, as she saw a Pokemon standing there.

"A Dedenne...? Few people seem to have those in Kanto, though..." Lucia mused, as she wondered...

"Wait, a glowing Dedenne?" Lucia asked herself mostly, as she might have just realized who this was.

-==IC: ?? - Lilycove, Ellen Time==-

A cloaked man walked through the streets, his blue cloak blowing in the wind, as he wandered about. He wondered what might even be here, but nodded, as he headed down one of the alley ways.

-==IC: Jenny==-

As Jenny watched Evan punch the 'Kane' guy in the face, she looked over to Amanda, the new arrival, and frowned, as something seemed odd about her. Aside from the fact that she just randomly appeared, something seemed oddly familiar about the woman. Jenny noticed the Plasma symbol, but even that didn't seem to ease her mind, and she wondered just how this woman seemed so familiar...

-==IC: Adam Zynthic==-

Adam leaned against a tree, basking in the shafts of light that broke through the canopy of the Eterna Forest. Nearby, Wiggy grazed peacefully, a flock of Murkrow taking off and landing near and on him and occasionally grabbing berries from the tree on his back. Eterna...it's been a long time since I've been here. Last time I passed this way, Garrison had come out to see me off. Wonder if he still throws those parties? Adam sighed. Feels like an eternity ago. Heck, it was. He looked up to the treetops, a pair of Slakoth lounging casually in the branches as he reminisced. I shouldn't have left. I belonged here. I could've stayed. Moved into the Chateau--bet it's still empty even now--let the war pass me by. But I could have been here. I'm so tired--tired of being alone. Of being betrayed. That's one thing Galactic never did to me, even in the worst of times. Maybe...maybe I'll join, next time they ask. Settle down with them. For a while, anyway. Like I should have all those years ago.

A loud cawing roused him from his thoughts. It seemed two of the Murkrow had gotten into a tussle over one of Wiggy's berries, and their battle had roused the whole flock into a fury. Without missing a beat, Adam threw out a Pokéball, releasing the Piplup inside. "Pippi, Icy Wind."

The Piplup nodded, flapping her wings as she released a beam of icy snow from her beak. The chill wind rattled the flock, driving all of them away--save one. Adam readied Wiggy's Pokéball--the Grass-type would not fare well in a fight against the Flying-type.

The Murkrow narrowed its eyes and fixated on Wiggy. Letting out a loud caw, it wheeled before Adam could react, its eyes beginning to glow brightly as it released a ring of dark energy in a Mean Look at the Grotle.

Pippi wasn't about to let that happen, however. She dove into the way of the attack, the Mean Look dissipating harmlessly as she stared down her opponent with what could almost be described as a smirk. The Piplup unleashed another Icy Wind at her Dark- and Flying-type opponent, the attack doing serious damage and limiting the Murkrow's mobility as it froze feathers together.

Adam frowned as he--with some reluctance--retreated Wiggy. Did the purple bird seem...familiar somehow? He quickly found himself distracted from his line of thought as the fight continued. The Murkrow cawed with rage, directing its Torment at Pippi. Adam couldn't understand what the bird Pokémon was saying, but it didn't matter--he knew Pippi, and he knew the prideful water-bird wouldn't take the provocation well.

Sure enough, when the enraged Pippi tried to repeat her attack, it fizzled, leaving her wide open to the Murkrow's retaliatory attack, a spinning Drill Peck that threw her across the clearing. Seeing Pippi nearly downed and preparing to launch another futile attack, Adam called out a new order. "No, Pippi--use Aqua Ring instead, follow up with Peck!" After a moment's hesitation, the water-bird complied, surrounding herself in a revitalizing veil of water. And just in time--the Murkrow's repeated attack would have defeated her had it not been for the momentary healing...but this time, Pippi was ready, and her retaliatory Peck left the dark bird screeching in pain. Curiously, it threw Adam an almost betrayed glance. Why? the Trainer wondered.

Sensing the Pokémon was weakened, Adam went for a Pokéball, before remembering he had none--he'd given them up for his journeys outside Sinnoh, and hadn't thought to buy more since his return. Shame--I feel like I ought to know this creature...well, no sense crying over spilled Moomoo Milk. Instead, he ensured the opposing Pokémon would no longer be a threat to his own. "Now--finish it! Icy Wind!" As the purple Murkrow swooped over for a final attack, Pippi unleashed her icy fury, blowing the airborne bird against the upper branches of a tree and icing its wings to the trunk. The Pokémon slumped, overcome by the force of the attack.

"It's over," Adam stated, relieved. He quickly released Wiggy, unwilling to keep his companion confined for too long. The great grass-beast rumbled its thanks to its Trainer and fellow Pokémon. Returning his attention to the fainted Murkrow above, Adam saw it open its eyes, studying him carefully, with reproach in its gaze. Shaking free of the ice on its wings, it took flight, using Tailwind to avail its escape. Pippi made to pursue, but Adam held her back with a gesture. "No," he said, "we're done." Sitting down on Wiggy's back in a huff, the Piplup grudgingly began to preen its feathers, though it was mostly a show for others' benefit--her own Trainer knew her too well to be fooled by her act. She was proud of her performance, and he knew it. "Good job, Pippi. Come on, Wiggy--let's get moving." Together, Pokémon and Trainer walked out of the forest.

-==IC: Amanda==-

Amanda sensed someone looking at her, and glanced over to her fellow Plasma agent. Odd--I've seen her before. Have we met? She filed the information away for later analysis--right now she needed her wits about her, in case Jupiter kept stalling and this situation deteriorated any further.

-==IC: Amelia==-

Amelia was asleep. All in all, this was not surprising, given the darkness of the alley and the lateness of the hour, but what was surprising was that, for once, she was alone, undefended, all her Pokémon either wandering elsewhere or retreated.

-==IC: Alex (Didi)==-

At Lucia's look, the little mouse squeaked with surprise and fell back onto her hindside. At the woman's look of seeming recognition, however, the Dedenne tilted her head curiously and sniffed the ear. Heedless of her master's state of helpless worry outside, she crept towards the woman, sniffing furiously as if it would somehow reveal Lucia's identity or her inner thoughts.

For several moments, Olivia stayed silent. Then she looked at Alistair, then to Ryan. "....Just who is this Gerald person? You seem to know him, as does Alistair."

From around the corner, Dahlia appeared, a concerned look on her face. "Just what is going on here?" she said in a panicked tone, eyes darting back to everyone in the group.

Aspen turned around, and gained a similarly concerned expression. "Dahlia! I thought we told you to stay back!"

-==IC: Ryan==-

"Gerald is me and Zach's father." Ryan said as he shook his head.

"The cause of all our problems, though, and why our mother is dead too." Ryan said, as he looked back at Alistair...

Alistair's eyes widened, as Dahlia appeared.

No... She wasn't supposed to be here. Alistair thought, and listened to Ryan's explanation.

Have I been... tricked too? Alistair said, and began to walk forward, to stop the issues in a good way... However, he stepped on a slippery portion of the pipe, and time seemed to slow down, as Ryan dashed forward quickly, trying to grab at Alistair's hand, as the man began to fall, missing barely, as Alistair continued to fall toward the sewer water...

"What the-" Aspen yelped, as he and the others rushed over to see Alistair fall into the sewers below. Suddenly, Alistair appeared to be falling more slowly, a blue border also appearing over his body. "Scizor! Magnezone! Your trainer requires help!" Aria called out, as it used Psychic to slow Alistair's fall. It couldn't stop it entirely on such a short notice though, which meant that the other two Pokemon would have to act fast.

Glowing eyes appeared in the sewers suddenly, as the group on the pipes could see two things dart out from the sides of the sewers, and meet in the middle, right as a splash occurred.

"What... Was that?" Ryan asked, still shocked that he wasn't in time.

"Alistair! He just...." Dahlia stammered, in shock.

"Partly by accident, but he jumped...." Olivia mutterd. "I guess this is how things end..."

"Hey," Aspen started, turning to Aria. "You used Psychic to catch him, right? What happened.

The Lucario was silent for a moment, before finally speaking up. "...I did what I could to save him." Aria became silent once more.

"....Fair enough then." said Aspen. All three of them looked at each other, Zach, and Ryan, before Aspen spoke up. "He's gone for now. There's nothing more we can do. Come on, Aria." he finished, turning to walk back along with Olivia and Dahlia.

-==IC: Zach/Ryan==-

Zach and Ryan stood there in shock for a moment, as Ryan looked to the side, realizing it was a repeat of the last time.

Alistair you fool... Ryan thought, and turned away, as the two brothers began to walk away...

So...

Zach stopped suddenly, and looked back at where the splash had been in confusion, which Ryan noticed.

"What's wrong?" Ryan asked, and Zach frowned, and crouched down, as he looked down at the water, which seemed to be bubbling... And then scurried back in shock, as the water burst upwards in a geyser; and the water then splashed over the others, as a certain brown haired man stood on the back of a Magnezone.

"So... 'Aria'... That's her new name, huh?" Alistair mused with a slight smile on his face, as Ryan and Zach just stared in shock.

Jenny frowned, as she continued to wrack her mind about where she had seen the other Plasma agent before, and gasped.

"You're... that girl..." Jenny said, he mouth open as she stared at Amanda; she looked different now of course, but... If she was aged, it was definitely that girl from years ago.

My memory's definitely back, considering this was from 12 years ago... Jenny thought, as she slowly recalled the memory...

Lucia looked closer, as she noticed the bright cheeks.

"Wait, are you...?" Lucia said in surprise, as she inspected the Dedenne quickly from many angles, and then looking at its eyes, surprised.

"Are you Didi??" Lucia asked, wondering if it really was the Dedenne she remembered.

-==Amanda==-

"'That girl'?" She queried. Amanda considered the locations she'd likely have encountered her fellow Plasma agent. "From when I worked as assistant manager of the rapid transportation division, perhaps?" Normally, her response would be one of disapproval towards the agent's unprofessional behavior, but something ticked at her. There is more to this than just that.

My focus is too divided. I must take steps to ensure success of the mission. She clicked the button on a Pokéball, an enormous Magnezone emerging forth in a swirl of energy before hovering several feet above the ground with Magnet Rise. "Cover us," she commanded, and the Pokémon complied, preparing to Lock On to the first hostile to approach them and discourage them with a powerful Flash Cannon.

-==Alex (Didi)==-

The miniscule Dedenne perked up at Lucia's mention of her name and chirruped, apparently counting the woman as familiar enough to be trustworthy even if she couldn't completely remember her. She skittered within reach of the Rocket agent and chirruped again, seemingly expecting to be picked up.

Jenny shook her head.

"No; not that." Jenny said, as she finally recalled the memory.

"Twelve years ago..." Jenny said, frowning slightly as she did so.

Humming happily, a young girl skipped happily down the beach near Undella Bay, wearing overalls and a t-shirt ala Lyra Crystal, and a 'Happy 8th Birthday Jessie' hat on. The girl named Jessie hopped along the beach a little more as the night was falling, and then suddenly tripped, and fell face first into the sand. Not moving for a few seconds, because that stunned her, she sat up, unhappily spit out the sand that had gotten in her mouth, and wiped her eyes, as she turned around and blinked, as she saw an older girl in tatters. Her hair was very short and not present in some spots, she had bloated flesh, and she wasn't moving. Jessie stepped back with a blink, but then frowned, and poked the girl in the face with little reaction still. Brushing herself off and picking up her birthday hat, Jessie ran back to her house to get help.

"Daaaaaaaaaaddy, some girl's not moving." Jessie said as she entered the house, and her father paused, and looked at Jessie skeptically.

"Come now, dear, I'm sure she's just napping." Her father said, as the young girl tugged on her father's arm, eventually making the man give in, as he stood up and followed Jessie to the place where she found the washed up girl. He gasped in shock as he saw her, though, and quickly checked her pulse.

"Still alive... She's lucky." The father said with a frown, as he carefully picked up the unconscious girl, and ran to the nearby hospital where he worked, to help out the poor girl.

OOC: /EDIT: Hopefully this doesn't mess stuff up more. xP

Lucia nodded, intrigued, as she picked up the Dedenne.

But that's her Pokemon, and she's not heading back here for a long while... What's it doing... Wait, is he here? Lucia wondered, a startled look on her face, as she wondered if they'd passed a certain someone on the way into the building.

-==IC: ??, Ellen Time, Lilycove City==-

The man walked down one alley, and looked around, and noticed a woman laying on the ground. Confused, the man approached, wondering if she had been knocked out or something, or if she was otherwise alright.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC: "Who do you have there, Lucia?" Jamie asked after turning around from two idiots still trying to out macho each other by pounding the remains of the door into smaller and smaller pieces.

She looked at the small critter in Lucia's hands, and noted that she could not identify the kind of Pokémon it was. Whatever it was, it was not native to Johto at the least, maybe Kanto? It definitely wasn't one of Lucia's. So a Kanto wild Pokémon? But here and now? So odd, she thought.

"Do you know this...um What kind of Pokémon is it by the way?"

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

"Yeah, actually..." Lucia said, and thought how to explain this on such short notice.

"This is my mom's Dedenne... And, well, it might, uh, mean that my sick adopted brother just might be outside or so,and needs this to, uh, get by... And, well, it'll be our first time actually meeting." Lucia said, nervously chuckling at times, as she totally did not expect this to occur on a mission.

IC - Jupiter - Opelucid City: Several long moments passed before Jupiter responded again. She looked at Amanda, and then at the Ancient Darkrai nearby. Finally, she held up her Poké Ball, recalling her Skuntank to its container.

"Fine," she said, reaching for Amanda's outstretched hand. "Evidently I'm not going to be as much help here as I initially thought."

IC - Sonja Baron - Opelucid City: Sonja accepted Ray's hand, letting him help her to her feet. She held a hand to her head, grimacing with the motion of standing up. Though her head felt as if it had split in half, and her chest as if a thirty-pound anvil had fallen on her, Sonja was relieved to see the sudden halt in action around her, as unnerving as it was. The people of Opelucid no longer seemed bent on her group's total destruction; Feral was defeated, his limp body lying still where Landorus and Evan had left him; and Kane and Gaigan both seemed distracted by their own issues--specifically, several familiar Pokémon, the appearance of three of the remaining Ancients, and a punch from Evan.

"Remind me never to get so worked up again," she said, taking a moment to steady herself. "I forgot just how awful I feel when I get that angry."

Gaia crooned in agreement and slowly drifted back toward her trainer, a restrained Neptune in her arms. Sonja recalled the Water-Type before he could break free of the larger Grass-Type's grasp. With her hands free again, the Lilligant immediately latched on to Sonja, hugging her tightly.

Sonja smiled. "I'm glad you're safe, too, Gaia," she said, patting the Flowering Pokémon's head. "I'm sorry you had to evolve under such stressful conditions, though."

The hug tightened.

IC - Goldhawk - The Alamo: The Alamo felt much quieter than usual, no doubt due to the noticeably lower number of agents present in the base. Many had left to assist in reconstruction efforts. Others had taken impromptu vacations. Another group entirely had claimed to be a part of the former two, only to mysteriously stop reporting in after a week away from base. Goldhawk could not exactly blame the deserters for their actions, all things considered--he might have done much the same at a younger age, given similar circumstances. Between the Ancients, the danger that Ford possessed, Team Rocket's ruthlessness in the past, the likes of Soil Colossus . . . Most would rightly view the remainder of Team Liberty as fools for sticking around.

And now . . . An unidentifiable breach in R&D, a portion of Team Liberty notorious for not-entirely-wholesome activity . . . Something was clearly up. Why Vert had not reported the issue was anyone's guess, though Goldhawk had a fairly good idea why. Considering Jupiter's accusations of attempting to tap into power that she had no right in meddling with, and previous instances of insubordination, it was entirely possible that she was testing something that she was not supposed to be testing--and that it had gotten out. If that were the case . . .

Well, Goldhawk thought, slowing down as he approached the door to the R&D Department. She won't be an Executive for much longer, if that's the case.

IC - Gavin Braner/Ethan Worth/??? - Celadon Department Store: "Well, as touching of a reunion as this is, we really need to get going," Gavin interrupted, gesturing to the stairwell through the doorway. "So, if you two wouldn't mind putting this off for an hour or two, that would be--"

The Rocket Agent was, himself, interrupted by a sudden, sharp whistling of the wind, strong enough to almost knock the group off of their feet. From the dimly lit hall to their left, the debris littering the floor rattled as a blade of wind swept toward Gavin. He was saved only by the timely intervention of Dothe, who emerged from his trainer's shadow and blocked the attack, arms spread wide. Gavin moved his arms from his face, releasing a breath of relief.

"Thanks, Dothe," he said. The Dusclops nodded, shifting his fists into a boxing stance. Gavin cracked his knuckles. "I guess you were right about getting their attention, Ethan."

"I'm always right," Ethan answered, spinning Kada's Poké Ball on the tip of his finger. He stepped forward. "All right, kids, you can come out--we know you're there. Give up now while you still can."

A light flickered on in the hall--a bright light, one strong enough to temporarily blind the group. When their eyes adjusted, they saw little more than a group of eight vastly different silhouettes. The group's stances ranged from tall and uncertainly hanging back, to short and confidently crossing arms. It appeared that there were four men and four women, all of them presumably in their late teens and early twenties. Similarly, all wore similar clothes, akin to what the lanky boy that they had seen had been wearing.

"Oh, no, it looks like we're caught," a woman said, her voice utterly dripping with sarcasm. She walked forward, stopping just at the point where the Rocket agents could make out her features. Wavy, golden-blonde hair shone in the light behind her, accentuating the green jacket she wore. Like the kid from earlier, a stylized "Z" adorned the front of her coat. Underneath her left arm, she held a green, orb-like object. She threw her hands up in mock-desperation. "Please, officers, don't hurt us--we're just a couple of kids, after all, we don't know any better!" Her expression quickly flattened. "As if. We'd appreciate a little more respect, pal."

IC - Jackson Sang - Driftveil City: If there was one thing that Jackson Sang disliked, it was an inconvenience. An inconvenience was, surprisingly, inconveniencing to him--it was a waste of time, and he did not appreciate wasted time. As such, he was currently very, very annoyed, for a number of reasons. Memory alteration--particularly in the form of the erasure of select memories pertaining to a potentially dangerous situation--was an inconvenience.

Reason number one.

Lack of ability to effectively navigate a town that should have been easily navigable, but was not, as of the aforementioned, memory alteration, was an inconvenience.

Reason number two.

Receiving a summons from one's usual boss mere hours after teleporting halfway across the world due to one's skills being required for a job was also an inconvenience.

Reason number three.

All three were problems that Sang currently faced, and he was not entirely certain how to go about dealing with them. There really was no effective way for him to go about healing his memory in Unova--he clearly did not remember the place well enough to find anyone that could help him, nor did he know where he could find a Pokémon to the powers to do so. The third inconvenience, however? That was easier to deal with, and he could, he knew, use it to his advantage in dealing with the first two. If Sleight needed his kid found, then Jackson just needed to find him, and then Sleight would owe him a favor--specifically, a Beeheeyem-shaped favor.

Simple.

He could fix his brain.

It was the perfect plan.

There was, however, one other, more minor inconvenience, one which Tracer was quick to point out to him: "We, uh . . . We kind of can't teleport right now," the transformed Ditto said. "You know . . . Considering we don't have a teleporter with us or anything."

Jackson considered this for several moments. Then, he sighed, dialing a number and raising his Poké Gear to his ear. "McKlellen? Sang here," he said. "We'll accept the job. Just, uh . . . Send an Alakazam or something to Driftveil, pronto."

He hung up.

Mere seconds later, the Alakazam would appear. And mere seconds after that, Sang would face palm, realizing his mistake.

This, he would think. This could have been a Beeheeyem.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Poor Jackson. xD

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray smiled at the stuff that happened, and nodded to what Sonja said.

"Alright; I'll try my best; I can understand what you mean by feeling awful." Ray said, as the downtime after everything happened had been one huge headache for Ray, literally. Once he had actually gotten to focus and calm down, he needed about a day to actually recover. Just in case, Ray sent out the rest of his team except his Togepi, having them stand guard around the two of them.

"Alright, I'll bite, who are you people then?" Lucia asked with a frown, gripping a Pokeball in her left hand, as she stared down the group of eight.

What does the 'Z' mean, anyway...? Lucia wondered, confused.

-==IC: ??==-

"Oh...? Is that so... So, he's been spotted in Kanto, huh. Got it." A middle aged woman who wore a long flowing white dress said with a nod, as she looked at a screen with a frown.

Has he found her, then...? I think I need to get to Kanto now... The woman thought, as she worried about the implications of all this.

"Lady Cassandra, if I may..." A butler said, offering the woman a cup of tea, as the woman looked over at him.

"Yes, Christopher?" Cassandra replied, as the butler smiled.

"As your humble servant, I have taken the liberty to get things ready just in case something like this happened. I have also prepared the use of your personal jet, which should take you to Viridian Forest easily enough without being spotted by anyone. We have informed the others that you are heading on a temporary vacation, so do not worry about that." Christopher said with a bow, and Cassandra smiled, as she nodded.

"Thank you, Christopher. You always were my most loyal friend." Cassandra said, as the butler led her toward where the jet was, and Cassandra thought about how things got to requiring all this.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC: Jake

"Well, I have an extra sleeping pad, and some trail mix, but no extra blanket. When we get to Oreburgh we can probably find something." He reassured the group. Without thinking, he muttered very quietly "Money shouldn't be much of a problem..." He subconsciously brushed his hand against the cash card hidden in a pocket on the side of his vest, as if to make sure it was still there.

Aspen stumbled back from the sudden eruption of sewer water as Alistair rose out of his Magnezone, Dahlia and Olivia following suit. They stood in shock, not saying anything.

Finally, Aria stepped forward. "So then," she began, "Is this goodbye, Master Alistair?" she asked.

"Hm, I think I brought a coat in case I was to go to Snowpoint," Ruth said. "You could use it if tonight turns out to be cold. But first we need to reach the camp area." she said, starting to walk forward again.

Alistair smiled confidently, as he hopped off the Magnezone, and walked over and grabbed his blue cloak on the way, draping it over himself, as he looked at Aria.

"Ridiculous. I've told you before, time and time again, that goodbyes aren't a thing I like; because I'll always be right here." Alistair said, pointing toward Aria's chest area.

"You have a whole new future ahead of you; that has not changed. I chose him for a reason; he represents the hope for the future. His potential is there, and one day will unlock, whether he knows it or not. You will be the one to assist him..." Alistair said, and then began to walk past the group, recalling his Scizor and Magnezone as he did so.

"The people of the future are the ones who deserve to live in the now." Alistair said, as he continued to walk away, his resolve finally renewed.

IC - Kane - Opelucid:

Kane reeled back from the punch, clutching his face, before switching it back to that of Seth. A devious smile was on his face, his eyes widened s much as possible as he lunged back forwards, directly in Evan’s face. “What’s wrong?!” echoed Seth’s voice. “Can your mind not process the truth?” With a wave of his hand, Kane reformed himself as the splitting image of Seth Vicens, the fallen Hero of Time. His Pokemon suddenly were returned to their Poke Balls as Gaigan retreated back to his side. Kane smiled, now in the form of Seth Vicens, his eyes crimson and gold, the crimson eye shining as it gazed upon Evan.

Kane looked around, scanning the area, paying no heed to Van Harrison high above, who was still taking in everything that was happening, readying to report to his superiors on what was happening. “What even is he… And who has he become now?” Van reigned back Hydreigon, who was restless and requiring a rampage or some other form of combat. Still, Van figured he would stick around as long as possible, to soak in the information he may need.

As the mad man stood his ground, he realized that he was absolutely outnumbered. With a smile that hid his anger and disappointment, he merely stepped back, his hands in the air. His gaze immediately switched back to Volt, the Luxray approaching closer and closer. The Ancient Darkrai presented the most daunting of challenges, and with new people showing up out of the blue, Kane was really beginning to sense that the area was getting quite clustered. “Well, I tried to play fair, and it’s been fun, truly, yet I am sad to announce that it I must take my leave.” Kane bowed, his smile becoming terrifying. Gaigan dove down, reappearing behind the madman. Volt began charging with electricity as he bared his fangs, prowling towards Kane. Kane simply laughed. “Oh, there’s still more to come. Be ready.”

Volt lunged forwards, ready to rip and tear at the impostor, only for Gaigan to wrap Kane in darkness and vanish into the wind. “Let the seeds of chaos begin to grow…” Volt growled angrily, before roaring loudly as the rest of Seth’s Pokemon joined him.

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES