Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

RPG Pokémon

  • Please log in to reply
10762 replies to this topic

#9321 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 16 2017 - 01:30 AM

IC: Evan Tierra

After hearing considering his choices, Evan Tierra felt torn. "I'm.......gonna have to stay back." The Hero answered, his tone disappointed. "I'd be willing to head to Kalos, with the Mt. Silver group, if they came back here." Evan then looked at Xander,a concerned look on his face. "I....I learned that my power came back to me." The young man implored. "I.....have to better myself with it. I'm not as useful as usual, things as they are." A deep breath. "This hurts me more than you know, but I have to do it, everyone."


  • 0

#9322 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2017 - 01:46 AM

IC: Xander Cruize

 

He hid his disappointment well. "It's alright, Evan. Getting a grip on powers is important." As he said it, he couldn't help but look at Dahlia. Was that why she was so different today? Had something changed that made the shrinking violet blossom? Something to ask her about after this. "You can be part of the rescue team, if it comes to it. Hopefully it won't."
 

He took a deep breath and slowly let it out. "Alright. Chloe, Colette, what are you two thinking?"


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9323 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 16 2017 - 06:04 PM

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

"I'm going to Mt. Silver. This just feels like it is more important overall. We have to do something about these things that showed up, and if these Signs people know anything at all, and are willing to help, then I feel like it is a priority in my books. Unless you want to sic those things on this Team Flare." Chloe looked over with a slight frown, but sighed. "But when we get to Kalos, we can help out while trying to find what we're looking for."

 

"I'll go with the Kalos group. I have experience with the region, especially the Anistar area." Colette spoke up, even as he looked around.


  • 0

#9324 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2017 - 06:18 PM

IC: Xander Cruize

 

Xander nodded lightly. "Alright, that sounds good. And if you know of anyone who would be helpful, see if they'd be interested in going. Ryan, Chloe, when is your team leaving for Mt. Silver? We'll want to coordinate as much as possible on this."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9325 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2017 - 09:22 PM

IC: Ryan Sanders - Conference Room, The Alamo

Ryan glanced at Chloe for a moment. "We haven't really planned that far ahead," he admitted. "We still need to meet with Sonja and let her know. Ideally we'd leave sometime tomorrow, but I know things will be busy with that other mission leaving in the morning. And with teleportation not a viable option, transportation is gonna be limited. I'll keep you posted."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9326 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2017 - 12:08 AM

OOC: Konujam! Sorry for the delay!

-==IC: Amanda Zarth/Elgyem (T:Amanda Zarth)/Magnezone (T:Amanda Zarth)/Jayron Aaron==-

With a nod, Amanda clicked the buttons on her Plasma Balls, releasing her Elgyem and her Magnezone. The latter hit the ground with an uncharacteristic CLANG before rising unsteadily into the air, the Pokémon unused to its inability to control its own electromagnetic field. Amanda checked the heads-up display in her helmet, but the uncontrolled field did not appear to be affecting the electronics of the suit itself. Good, she mentally noted, should circumstances require use of my Pokémon it will not prove detrimental to the technology itself. The same could not be said of the Magnezone, but for training purposes that would not matter. She turned her attention to her other deployed partner.

Behind her, the Magnezone's amethyst eyes began to glow.

"Orders, Mistress?"

"The two of you are to deploy alongside me in standard formation for a League-sanctioned Triple Battle. We will be testing the suit's use of teleportation abilities during this battle, specifically the move Ally Switch, so prepare accordingly for unexpected transport."

"Yes, Mistress. Be advised that my combat proficiency has been reduced by at least sixty-seven percent due to my inability to access my moves. My contributions to your offensive maneuvers will be accordingly affected. You should expect similar or greater reductions in the combat capabilities of Magnezone."

"I am well aware. Your task for this battle will be to focus on defense and evasion. Expect to endure a number of hits meant for me."

"Of course, Mistress. Do you have any further instructions?"

"Yes. We have little data as to the full ramifications of the current ability outage with regards to permanency. Take this opportunity to ascertain the Destination of this location, such that should your ability to teleport return, you will be able to transport a group back here."

"Noted, Mistress. It will be done."

Though she did not show it through conventional means, Amanda was rattled. This day had not gone at all as she had planned, and the entire affair had left her off-balance; thus, the normally studiously attentive Plasma functionary failed to recognize the significance of her half-telepathic conversation, and instead returned her attention to Executive Aaron.

"Let us begin."

Jayron nodded and extended his arms in front of him, palms up. Two spheres of energy formed in the palms of his hands; a blueish orb of aura in his right hand, and the purple charge of a Dragon Pulse in his left. The executive glanced between the two spheres for a moment, as if sizing up his suit's capabilities, before hurling both attacks -- first the Aura Sphere, followed shortly by the Dragon Pulse -- at Amanda.

The instant the attacks formed, Amanda's heads-up display displayed an alert, identifying the dual energy spheres. While her movements felt sluggish by comparison, it was more than enough time to activate the recommended protocol--in this case, Mirror Coat. The Plasma agent crossed her arms in a loose approximation of a block, a shimmering sheen of energy emerging to cover the suit just as the first sphere impacted. While the suit indicated damage from the attack, between the disadvantageous typing and her own suit's superior special-based capabilities, the consequences were minimal. The Dragon Pulse, on the other hand, struck the gathered energy directly, and it took Amanda a moment to remember that she would have to act to redirect the attack. She swung her crossed arms outward in a crude imitation of a Gallade she'd once seen, and the sphere-like pulse launched forward. Rightward spin, likely a result of imbalanced posture. I will need to goad the opponent into the attack. Stepping right herself--both to set up her attack and to step out of the way of any further follow-ups--she pointed just slightly to her left, at Jayron's right shoulder, and released a needle-like white beam with a single bead of energy attached. Interesting. I do not believe I have seen this move used before. She resisted the urge to clutch her pendant, however, as the gesture would be meaningless with the accessory currently beneath the suit's chestplate--not to mention her present immobility before the attack's result was resolved.

The instant the needle struck, Jayron felt his moves grow sluggish. He wasn't completely frozen, but it was enough to keep him from avoiding the rebounded Dragon Pulse. "What was that?" he asked aloud. Sifting through his available moves, the executive chose to execute the Dragon Dance protocol. It was a slow dance, but his suit hummed with the additional power it now contained. He repeated his earlier attack, making a mental note that while the Dragon Pulse contained more energy, his natural Aura Sphere remained the same as before.

Amanda was forced to wait for four beads of energy to return along the beam, but as they did she felt her suit's capabilities accelerate. "A move listed as 'Speed Swap'," she answered, noting the executive's use of Dragon Dance and taking the opportunity to focus her own suit's psychic energy into further improving her speed advantage with Agility. The role reversal allowed her to dodge the new Dragon Pulse effortlessly--or at least, it would have been effortless, had she had more experience in direct combat. Still, it was enough to avoid the Dragon-type attack, but the Aura Sphere was more troublesome, the pulse shifting and twisting to follow her no matter how often she evaded. This is ineffective, she thought to herself, the move Aura Sphere cannot be conventionally evaded. However... Closing her eyes in concentration, she selected her move. She felt a rush of psychic energy, followed by the eminently familiar tug at her navel, and then--

THUD.

Amanda opened her eyes. As planned the Ally Swap had been successful, with the Aura Sphere slamming into her Elgyem instead of her. She looked to the Psychic-type to gauge its injuries, but though it had clearly weathered a substantial hit, the worst damage seemed to be to its concentration.

"Apologies, Mistress. Concentration on Destination has been broken. Re-initiating now."

The Plasma agent nodded, but then noticed a purple glow behind the Psychic-type, seemingly from her Magnezone. She directed her attention to it--but when she did, the glow vanished. Curious...

"Excellent use of your suit's power," Jayron said. "But I'd try to avoid Ally Swap in the actual battle unless you give your target fair warning. The last thing anyone wants is to unexpectedly find themselves the target for an attack from the Missing Zero."

Returning his attention to the battle, Jayron focused on the Elgyem in front of him. If he had noticed the glow from the Magnezone, he chose not to say anything. Instead, a draconic tail of energy formed on the backside of his suit, whipping around to knock the Cerebral Pokémon away.

The Elgyem observed the incoming attack impassively. While evasion was its specialty, it knew that without its powers of teleportation it was unlikely to avoid the attack even if it tried, instead choosing to focus on its other task.

WHAP-THOOMP!

Within her Power Suit, Amanda frowned as the Dragon Tail threw her Pokémon against the wall, unmoving. While the Psychic-type was clearly not unconscious, it was also clearly unable to battle, a fact her HUD had redundantly noted in its label of the now-ex-combatant. Without waiting for an order, her Magnezone moved into position to take the Elgyem's place. She nodded her approval as she activated the Cosmic Power protocol to shore up her own defenses, a prudent preparation for her next plan...

That was one down. Two to go. Jayron glanced at the Magnezone for a moment before turning his attention toward Amanda. The Speed Swap was still proving difficult to work with. He would have to rely on his raw power in this situation rather than nimble movement, something not befitting of his ninja upbringing. The executive charged his two signature attacks once more, but this time threw the Dragon Pulse first and followed with the Aura Sphere.

Amanda hesitated. Special attacks? Again? Should my superior defenses against that vector not be obvious? The Plasma functionary's mind grew clouded as she attempted to process the seemingly-illogical strategem.

The purple-eyed Magnezone stared patiently at Amanda, awaiting her recovery, but as the attacks charged and then launched the Steel-type realized that its master was not, in fact, fully aware of the situation. With an echoing groan like strained metal, it angled toward its master as speedily as it could.

The sound of her Magnezone's dismay was just enough to knife through the fog within her brain. Scrambling for the recommended protocol, she activated it without taking the time to analyze its effectiveness. The next thing she knew, she was soaring through the air, tumbling end-over-end. Wait...what happened? Why am I here? And what was I...? Her eyes fell upon the protocol she'd just activated. Amnesia? She frowned, mind now clear of both clutter and concentration alike. I will need to exercise more caution when using that protocol in battle. She climbed back to her feet, the damage from the Dragon Pulse enough to have taken her down, but not quite out.

CHOONG-CLANG! KLONG, KLONG!

Amanda's Magnezone clattered to the ground, before rising unsteadily once more. While it clearly would have preferred tanking the Dragon Pulse to the Aura Sphere, it was still able to battle, if only just. Grateful for the reprieve, its master set up a quick Light Screen to defend them both before returning her attention to her opponent, searching her mind for her own forgotten plan.

The appearance of the Light Screen called for a new strategy. Jayron knew his speed would be an issue here, but he couldn't keep relying on special attacks. The gauntlets of his suit glowed with a draconic energy and he ran as fast as his suit would let him toward his opponents. As he neared the protective Light Screen he leapt up to deliver a single Dual Chop to the Magnezone.

Magnezone knew its limits. It knew its role. And it knew Amanda. She would need time--not much, it judged, but enough. Fortunately, by its analysis it could provide her time--again, not much, but enough. The duo was inexperienced, true, but not entirely so. The enemy had underestimated them--both her, and it. They could make that miscaluculation his undoing.

With a sudden tilt--unseemly and uncontrolled, it would not deny its own disadvantage without precision control--the Magnezone jerked backwards. The Liberty Executive was slow, but still fast enough--the Steel-type could not completely dodge and slammed again to the ground for its trouble, but it had still turned a finishing blow into a glancing one, its typing and natural defensive abilities just enough to stave off unconsciousness. What would have been a one-two strike against both combatants was turned by necessity into a dual strike upon a single target. The Magnezone knew this, had Analytically calculated the outcome, had accepted its own defeat. As Jayron hastened to repeat his attack against Amanda, the Magnezone used the last of its energy to will Amanda to victory, before its awareness faded into unconsciousness.

Amanda cried out as her Magnezone fell, surprising even herself with the outburst. Her chest ached in sympathy, as if she too had taken the blows, and she felt a sudden determination to achieve victory in reparation for her partner's defeat. She took a breath, calming herself--and then, with a spark of inspiration, activated the Calm Mind protocol to help.

The improvement was immediate, and (at least to her) temptingly addictive. Mental note, inquire if this specific protocol could be adapted into less-encompassing wearable technologies, she thought, along with a substantial number of simultaneous mental notes and calculations. Under normal circumstances, the ideal countermeasure would be inadvisable, but with this added focus... Amanda silenced her inner thoughts, focusing instead on the three essential tenets she'd drilled into countless Pokémon during her tenure with Team Plasma: Destination. Determination. Deliberation.

The first blow struck and struck hard. A less-prepared practitioner would have been finished then and there, concentration shattered and self soon to follow, but Amanda's Calm Mind and Cosmic Power preserved her. An instant before the finishing follow-up could land, Amanda was gone.

Jayron had dealt with enough psychics -- including an extensive series of training sessions with Team Liberty's Mewtwo -- to know exactly what had happened when his hand had met thin air. He also knew the most common mid-battle teleport destination, and so whirled around to try and spot his opponent. Unfortunately his split second of hesitation cost him. He had no time to avoid the incoming energy needle. The second Speed Swap hit him point blank, and suddenly his movements sped up fourfold.

Being caught mid-twist, the executive found himself spinning uncontrollably. He tripped over his feet and tumbled to the ground where he waited for the world to stop spinning. "Good combo," he said through the comm as he picked himself up. "I did not see that one coming." He could tell Amanda would not be able to keep this up for long. There was one attack in his HUD that he had been eyeing for some time now, and he decided now was the perfect opportunity to use it.

Summoning all the suit's strength, Jayron stretched out his arms and unleashed a flurry of orange bolts. Jayron was surprised the suit was even capable of producing so much raw energy. It was the ultimate Dragon-Type move: Draco Meteor.

While the Dragon-user recovered from his disorientation, Amanda repeated her Calm Mind to forestall any more disorientation of her own. As soon as she did, however, her HUD flashed an alert as Jayron began preparing his attack. Draco Meteor. While her suit's boosted defenses could have surely stood such an assault at the start of the fight, its present degree of durability left that possibility somewhat dubious. She had one advantage: while he gathered power, hers was already Stored. Without hesitation, she selected the attack.

As the orange energies of Draco Meteor rushed to the heavens to descend upon her, a disc of pink energy appeared beneath Jayron, bursting upwards into a column of psychic power as her suit gleamed with its gathered energy. Mere moments later, the power of Dragon crashed down upon her, unleashing its own ultimate strength. Near the edge of the impromptu arena, technicians and Pokémon alike waited with bated breath to see which combatant would be first to fall.

Several warnings flashed in Jayron's HUD, alerting him of the critical status of his suit. He was barely aware of Amanda collapsing to the ground before he fell to his knees under the stress of both the psychic attack and the strength-sapping aftereffects of Draco Meteor. "G-good match . . ." he panted. "These suits really pack a punch."

Amanda tried to gasp out an answer, but was too busy opening her visor and gulping down lungfuls of air herself to speak, the sensation triggering a number of particularly unpleasant memories. Mental note, she thought, trying to get her thoughts in order now that she could no longer benefit from the effects of Calm Mind, attempt to avoid this level of exhaustion in the future. Knowing Jayron would be waiting for an answer, she settled for an enthusiastic (if exhaustion-sapped) nod.

The technicians took their cue to help the Plasma agent out of her suit and check her for injuries, of which there were a fair few but nothing a Heal Pulse in the morning couldn't fix. After retreating her fainted Magnezone--she would have to stop by the base's Pokémon Center before retiring for the evening--Amanda turned to her Elgyem, too weak to battle but still observing everything carefully, as ordered. "Were you successfully able to form a permanent impression of this location as a Destination?"

The Cerebral Pokémon cocked its head at Amanda, then nodded, followed by a hesitant shrug. Amanda frowned at the imprecision of her Pokémon's communication, but accepted the answer; the only way they could be sure the exercise had worked, after all, would be to try once the Elgyem's teleportation powers returned. She retreated the Psychic-type, then turned to one of the technicians inspecting her Power Suit.

"If I may provide some feedback?" At the technician's acknowledging nod, she drew herself up as professionally as she could manage. "The suit's capabilities were excellent, but the algorithm of suggested moves is in need of significant tuning. In particular, the Amnesia protocol should be removed from the recommendation list entirely and equipped with a confirmation prompt, as an accidental selection in the field could prove catastrophic..." She rattled off a number of other small suggestions, before finally reaching her final point of feedback. "Finally," she added, "I noticed there was a minor bug in the move history display. After using the move Teleport, its usage indicators failed to properly increment. I don't foresee it proving to be a catastrophic error, but you may wish to have it looked at."

With a nod of dismissal, she turned her attention to the Executive she had just battled. "Thank you for the spar," she offered along with a handshake, "I will apply your tactical assessments to my future considerations." A pause, accompanied by a tilt of the head. "While I saw few instances of miscalculation not attributable to our mutual lack of familiarity with our suits' controls and capabilities, the one criticism I can offer would be regarding your seeming reliance upon special-type attacking moves. While I am unsure if it was a tactical choice or merely a limitation of your suit's move list, I believe that a greater use of physical moves would have resulted in a swifter victory over me, given my suit's lack of physical durability."

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind," Jayron said with a nod. "I do prefer attacking from a distance, but clearly this suit is better designed for rushing straight into the action." The executive frowned slightly. "At some point I should give my suit's Rush Mode a test. But for now we should both get some rest."

"Indeed." With a nod of farewell, Amanda turned, retrieved her briefcase, and left.

Mere moments after the doors closed behind her, one of the technicians servicing the Psychic suit spoke to the other.

"Huh..."

"Problem?"

"No, it's just...she said the Teleport protocol didn't decrement when she used it, right?"

"Yeah?"

"I'd have to run a full diagnostic to be sure, but based on these readings, it wasn't used at all."

"Hmm...better run that diagnostic, just in case. Better safe than sorry."

As the two carted the suit off for further testing, a troubled frown grew on Jayron's face. Teleport had definitely been used, he had the bruises to prove as much. If it wasn't the suit, then someone must have teleported her. Was it possible her Elgyem had gotten some of its powers back? He was too exhausted to worry about it now. Donning his fedora once more, Jayron retired to his room.

Edited by Flipz, Jul 17 2017 - 12:20 AM.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#9327 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 18 2017 - 07:08 PM

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan, after listening to the exchange, then noticed Colette, and raised an eyebrow. Last time he had seen her, she was with Jenny, talking. He was pretty sure it was nothing, but it still piqued his curiosity. He walked over to the Aura Wielder, smiling a bit. "Hey, since you were with her last, do you know where Jenny is?" The young man asked. "I know I could call her, but I felt I should ask you first."


  • 0

#9328 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2017 - 07:28 PM

-==IC: Amanda Zarth, Alamo Ambassadorial Aides' Quarters (Night of August 4th)==-

The moment Amanda's head hit the pillow, she was out like a light.

Not from overexhaustion, though the Plasma agent had certainly exerted herself more than enough to earn her long-awaited rest, but as an effect of the medication to which she had finally resorted in hopes of achieving a restful sleep.

She saw a face framed in red before her eyes, its emerald eyes morphing to gold-rimmed sapphire as she began falling into darkness, not knowing why she must fight to stay alive as heroes fell by the droves at the touch of an unknown evil...

The dream.

"Wake me."

The voice.

"Wake me!"

A whisper at first, as if heard from far away, although if tradition held this time--

"WAKE ME, can't you hear me calling?!"

Out of the darkness, THEY came crawling--

Amanda bolted upright in bed, utterly drenched in a cold sweat. She knew. She hadn't made the connection before, but in light of the more recent evidence...

Surrounded, falling in pitch blackness, heroes falling in battle all around her, their formerly-unseen adversaries advanced through the darkness to claim her next, all bearing frightening edritch formes--

She wasted no time. In seconds her C-Gear sat on the bed before her, all thoughts of sleep fled as she sought answers. Rejecting the expected "brain cancer" and "lupus" answers offered to her by WebNurseJoy.com and PokéDrHouse.com respectively, she searched the internet for hours; but though rest had left her intentions, her body's needs would not go unanswered, and long before her search was complete, Amanda Zarth unwillingly returned to her slumber.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#9329 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2017 - 08:12 PM

IC: Belle LaDonna/Alma Mason - Kalos Route 12

 

They left the Pokémon Center a couple hours later than expected, but it was for the best. Belle had stocked up on essential supplies while Alma had gotten Cuhulain (or Cu, as she was affectionately calling him) under her thumb. They were now well on their way to Shalour City. Belle was riding atop Cyanide, and Alma was perched atop Cuhulain's back. The Growlithe didn't seem to mind his new trainer riding him like a Ponyta, and Belle had surreptitiously snapped a picture of the pair with her PDA.

 

They were now closing in on Shalour, and Belle's eyes were habitually scanning the area around them. Pretty boring, to be honest. Grass, trees, dirt, dirt, dirt, more grass, bright green Larvitar, trees-- Wait, what?

 

Her eyes snapped back to the Larvitar, and she jumped off of Cyanide. "Oh, come to mama," she muttered as she reached for a quick ball. With no Pokémon power, she would have to rely solely on luck for this one. "You're mine!" she shouted as she lobbed the ball.


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9330 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2017 - 08:14 PM

IC: Amelia Zann/Alex Zyther
Harvey never saw the Quick Ball coming.

More accurately, he saw the Quick Ball coming, but had not the acuity of reflexes to dodge. Besides, he belonged to Amelia, there was no way anyone else could--

The lime-green reptile began to panic as he saw the blue-and-yellow orb begin to open, energy swirling inside.

"YYYAH!!"

Seemingly out of nowhere, Amelia exploded into action, leg already outstretched to heel-spike the ball to the ground, shattering it.

Behind her, the startled Sina had a strange sense of déjà vu, while Alex and his Pokémon just stared on, confused.

The world stood silent for a brief moment. Amelia caught her breath. Then, rebukingly waggling a finger:

"Miiiiiiine."

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#9331 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 18 2017 - 08:20 PM

IC: Belle "Blake" LaDonna - Kalos Route 12

 

There was a moment of stunned silence as everything unfolded. She stared at the woman, at the shiny Larvitar. A wide grin broke over her face. "Goldarnit, Pond! Why d'ya gotta hoard all the interesting-colored Pokémon? What's a collector s'posed to do?" She walked over, still grinning. "How ya been?"


Edited by MELON LORD, Jul 18 2017 - 08:23 PM.

  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9332 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 19 2017 - 10:01 PM

-==IC: Colette==-

 

"Uhhh. . . nope, not a clue." The girl did not like the idea of lying to Evan, but she had been sworn to secrecy. "She said she had something to do last I talked to her, and asked me to go instead."

 

Colette looked around the room after answering, as she didn't really want to deal with accidentally giving away anything with her body language. However, the new hairstyle still may have given it away in a way.


Edited by Blessed Blade, Jul 19 2017 - 10:06 PM.

  • 0

#9333 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 19 2017 - 10:18 PM

IC: Evan Tierra

"Something to do, huh? The hero responded, noting the change in the Aura Wielder's hairstyle, with a grin.. "I'll catch up with her later in that case. "

It was then, that Evan noticed that Dahlia was in the room. Somehow, the Gardener seemed very different to the Plasma Agent, who then frowned. He felt guilty that he hadn't checked up on her in the intervening days after Two Island, no matter how much he wanted to stay away from everyone. He had to make sure that she was ok. Clearing his throat, Evan spoke.

"Dahlia, it's been a shamefully long time since I could talk with you. Could I pull you aside, if you aren't busy?"


  • 0

#9334 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2017 - 10:33 PM

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton/Luke - Conference Room, The Alamo

The gardener seemed surprised and a bit embarrassed that everyone seemed to want a word with her. "Um, I was actually going to speak with Xander and Ryan first, but if you want to wait outside then I'd be more than happy to talk."

 

"Well, I think that settles it, then." Ryan glanced around the room to make sure everyone was in agreement. "So that's Chloe and I going with Sonja to Mt. Silver first, while Dahlia and Colette go directly to Kalos." Already he didn't like the small numbers, but if past adventures were anything to go by the groups would grow considerably.

 

With a farewell to Xander and a brief nod to Dahlia, Ryan followed the others out of the conference room. Once the door was closed, he turned to Chloe. "Would you mind contacting Sonja and filling her in on everything? I'm going to wait here for Dahlia." He scratched the back of his head as he glanced at Evan. "And about that . . . you can talk with her first, if you want." He hoped the Hero of Space didn't read too much into that, he simply didn't like the idea of Evan listening in on what he had to say.

 

Meanwhile back in the nearly-empty conference room, Dahlia took a seat across from Xander. She swiveled about in her chair for a bit before breaking the silence between them. "So, what did you want to talk about?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9335 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 19 2017 - 10:43 PM

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan nodded at Xander's request, and walked out of the room, thinking about what to do. From what Colette had said, Evan had no reason to really worry. However, her averting her gaze would have been cause for him to wonder.......

If he didn't have other loose ends to tie up, such as his power coming back, and dealing with his neglect of the Hero of Reverse. He'd find out later, in due time. He had to have patience.


  • 0

#9336 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2017 - 11:20 PM

IC: Amelia Zann - Kalos Route 12

"Hey, I don't keep all of 'em, just ask the kid and his little troublemaker," she joked, jerking a thumb over her shoulder in Alex and Raleigh's general direction. "'Course, the two-week nap prob'ly helped my generosity..."

Before she could elaborate, Harvey scuttled behind Amelia, clutching her leg like a scared (or was it scaled?) child and hissing at the woman who'd tried to capture him.

"Ah, shoot, guess the two of ya did get off on the wrong foot, didn'tcha?" The Trainer squatted to stroke her Larvitar soothingly before looking up at Belle. "Seems ya got a habit of tryin' to take my Pokémon, Blake. Better watch yourself, I might take it personal one'a these days." Amelia's impish grin betrayed her teaasing, the spy gladder than she'd admit to be working with someone she could trust. "So, where we headed, if ya don't mind me askin'? And, uh, who's your little friend there? Wait, don't tell me...ya finally settled down and adopted? Who's the lucky girl?" Amelia's manure-eating grin only grew wider as she failed to resist poking fun at her old friend.

Edited by Flipz, Jul 19 2017 - 11:21 PM.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#9337 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 12:21 AM

IC: Xander Cruize - Alamo Conference Room, Four Island

 

"It just occurred to me that I haven't been acting like a good friend since we got back. I was meaning to find you and talk to you first thing when we got back, and didn't." He sighed. "I know things in Ford's base got away from us a bit. I just wanted to be sure that you're okay, and it seems like you're more than. You've changed, since then. What's new?"
 

IC: "Blake" Belle LaDonna/Alma Mason

 

Despite her best efforts, the collector couldn't stop a blush from coloring her cheeks. "N-no, no, nothin' like that. Alma is . . ." An assassin who pulled the trigger on a man as he was bleeding out. A killer with who knows how many bodies to her name. "Alma's an agent. She helped me get this here." She lifted her right arm, on which rested the portable Snag Machine.

 

"Alma, this here's my friend Amelia. I think you two have similar interests."

 

Alma took a second to catch Belle's meaning, then a small smile crossed her lips. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Amelia. May I call you Amy? Or, perhaps, Pond, like Belle calls you?"

 

Belle's brow furrowed. There was that very serious older person that Alma sometimes seemed to slip into, oddly formal and with her words and cadence carefully structured. Was that something to do with her 'master'? Or perhaps just the way she'd been raised. Something to look into later, maybe.


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9338 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 11:36 AM

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe glanced over at Ryan incredulously at what he had just said.

 

"Excused me?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. "If you're waiting, then exactly what is it that you're doing that you can't ask Sonja yourself?" The psychic girl bit her tongue before she could continue her line of thought at Ryan. She felt almost like he was trying to do all this on purpose, however. She noticed that he had continually attempted to insert himself into a leadership role when it wasn't necessary, and was half reminded of when everyone had decided to step into the conversations she had earlier, interrupting her in the process.

 

She also knew that voicing these thoughts would likely go nowhere very very quickly.


  • 0

#9339 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 06:04 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Conference Room, The Alamo

Dahlia smiled shyly and looked down at her hands, running a thumb across her bandages. "I met an aura wielder who's agreed to help me train," she said. "I know my powers aren't exactly the same as aura, but the training's definitely helped. He's the guy who might be helping us in Kalos, actually. So if I look more confident than usual, that's why."

 

She let out a sigh as she clenched her bandaged hand into a fist. "But to be honest, I'm only doing so well because I've been focusing on the small steps of my training. When I think back to that fight on the boat, or the battle in McKinley's chamber . . . Well, let's just say I've got a long way to go before I master my powers. You're the only other person who knows what I did to that Xatu. I know McKinley's a monster, and you'll probably tell me his Pokémon deserved it, but sometimes I'm afraid I might be the monster. I can't afford to let my powers just run wild whenever I get upset." She clasped her hands together and looked back up at Xander with a sheepish smile. "Probably not what you wanted to hear right before you send me on a mission to Kalos, but I'm working on it."

 

IC: Ryan Sanders - Hallway, The Alamo

For a fleeting moment Ryan stared dumbfounded at Chloe, wondering if he'd heard her right. The look on her face dispelled any notion of misunderstanding. "I-I told you, I'm waiting for Dahlia!" he said with a bit more edge in his voice than he intended. "I'd rather not get in the middle of a discussion with Sonja only to have to cut her off for Dahlia." He folded his arms across his chest and stared back at Chloe. "I suppose Sonja could wait, but what are you doing that you can't talk to her right now?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9340 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 06:14 PM

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

"I'm not the one who took the lead on everything randomly, only to shove the responsibility of stuff like this over to someone else." Chloe crossed her arms as well, as she looked directly at Ryan. "Weren't you just telling Evan that you want him to talk to Dahlia first? How long do you expect this thing to be? Wouldn't it just be a simple message?"


  • 0

#9341 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 06:19 PM

IC: Xander Cruize - Alamo Conference Room, Four Island

 

Xander let out a wry chuckle. "I appreciate the honesty, actually. If you were trying to hide it, then I'd be worried." He chewed his lip. "I've had nightmares about McKinley's team. Whatever they were, they were twisted by him. I won't say they deserved it, but I think it was probably a mercy, if there was anything left of the originals. There's nothing for you to be ashamed of. Losing control happens, especially with new abilities, doubly so with such esoteric ones. If anything, I'm the one who should be ashamed. What happened to McKinley's Wobbuffet, that was something I chose to do. I had complete control and i deliberately ended its life, without thinking things through."

 

He sighed. "But that's for another time, alright? You're a good person, anyone can see it. I hope this aura wielder is good for you. I'd like to meet him before the mission, but I'm willing to take you at your word that he'll be helpful."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9342 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 07:03 PM

IC: Ryan Sanders - Hallway, The Alamo

Ryan opened his mouth to retort, then wisely shut it. "Fine, then. Guess I'll just do it myself." Pulling out his Pokégear, he slumped against the wall and began a lengthy message explaining the details of the talk with Ford and Xander's mission, along with their proposed plan of forming two groups, and also asking how the chat with Sophia and Mewtwo had gone.

 

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Conference Room, The Alamo

The gardener nodded. "Thanks. Sometimes I wonder if Giratina chose be because I've spent so long trying to avoid the war. Maybe he didn't want these powers to fall into the hands of someone who might abuse them." She let the thought hang for a moment, then stood up. "Anyway, I'll see if I can get my friend to meet with you before we leave. I hope your arm feels better. And . . ." Her expression turned serious. "If you ever need to talk about that Wobbuffet, you can always come to me. Don't try to avoid it; believe me, that's the worst thing you can do." She subconsciously ran her thumb across her bandages once more.


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9343 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 07:06 PM

IC: Xander  Cruize

 

"I will, don't worry." He smiled and stood to walk out. "Thank you, Dahlia." He stepped into the hallway, stretching. "Alright, guys. I'll keep you all updated on plans. Try to send any additional recruits my way before everyone leaves."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9344 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 07:19 PM

IC: Evan Tierra

Upon seeing Xander had exited the conference room, Evan decided that, considering Chloe and Ryan's disagreement, he decided he should leave the two alone. He was pretty sure they had this in the bag."You two have fun with that." The Hero said under his breath. "I have a Heroine to deal with." He then entered, and shut the door behind him.

He then turned to face his fellow Heroine, trying to looking relaxed. "Hey, Dahlia." the young man said. "Kinda long time, no talk. I was wondering, how you've been doing, especially since I have been....negligent...."


  • 0

#9345 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 07:39 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Conference Room, The Alamo

Dahlia sat back down in her swivel chair and extended a kind smile to her fellow Hero. "Oh, I wouldn't call it negligence. I'm sure you had your reasons. I found an aura wielder to help train me, and it looks like he's coming along on the mission, so that's good." She hesitated, wondering if it would've been easier to just talk to everyone at once instead of having individual conversations. "I'm no expert Hero like you, but I've learned to just take things one step at a time. It's tough, even frustrating at times, but I'm managing. Xander at least thinks I'm good enough to go on this mission."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9346 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 07:59 PM

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan gave a sigh of relief at the gardener's words. He was worried that she held something against him for not helping her. "One step at a time, huh?" Evan said, grinning a bit. "Sounds like advice I'll be taking in mind, when I basically relearn how to use -my- power." From his point of view, Dahlia indeed seemed incredibly different. She seemed more raring to go, which was definitely a change he had not expected.

"I had another reason to talk with you." Evan said as he rummaged in his pocket. "I wanted to give you....this!" He fished out the Griseous Shard. The fragment of Giratina's orb glowed faintly as he held it out. "This belonged to your predecessor and....."  The young man said, smiling a bit. "I was thinking, before you go on this mission, you'd like to have it, for luck."


  • 0

#9347 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 09:35 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Conference Room, The Alamo

"Wow, you say this belonged to the previous Hero of Reverse?" Dahlia turned the stone over in her hands. It felt simultaneously heavy and light, and its jagged edge produced a kaleidoscopic yellow glow on its surroundings. For an uncomfortable moment, Dahlia was reminded of the mirror she had shattered. The moment passed, and the gardener looked back up at Evan with a warm smile. "I can't thank you enough. It's a beautiful symbol of my legacy; a reminder that other Heroes have come before me." A curious thought crossed her mind. "My predecessor, Kinali . . . did he ever struggle with using his power? Did he ever . . . lose control?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9348 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 20 2017 - 10:52 PM

IC: Evan Tierra

"Not that I know of, but...." Evan began. "But I totally have. I'm pretty sure the Hero of time, whose name escapes me, did as well." The Hero grinned confidently at Dahlia. "You are you." The Plasma agent gave a confident pose as he said that, giving the gardener a thumbs up. "I'm pretty sure you can reach, nay surpass Klim's status as Hero. I definitely am glad I could tell you that."

 The Hero flashed a confident grin, as he made for the door, before he added. "I wish you all the luck on your mission!"


  • 0

#9349 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2017 - 06:49 PM

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Conference Room, The Alamo

Ryan had sent his message to Sonja, but continued to fiddle with his Pokégear as an excuse to avoid eye contact with Chloe until the door opened and Evan walked out. Standing up, Ryan pocketed his device and quietly slipped into the conference room, closing the door behind him. Once inside, he let out a heavy sigh. Dahlia had been busy admiring a yellow stone, which she slipped into her pocket when she heard the door close. For a moment the two just stared at each other in silence.

 

Dahlia shifted uncomfortably. "So, um, you wanted to talk . . . ?"

 

Ryan nodded. He had hoped to use the waiting time to gather his thoughts, but thanks to a certain psychic that hadn't happened. Now here he stood with no idea where to begin. He drummed his fingers on the back of a chair. "Well, I guess I should start by asking how you've been. I haven't seen you since the day you went to check on Aspen, and we didn't exactly leave off on the best of terms."

 

"No," Dahlia said flatly. "We didn't." The earlier tension seemed to drift back into the room, and neither party quite knew what to say. "First you say you'll help me train, then you tell me to stop training. Then you say I can train again but you start avoiding me, and you won't even listen to me talk about Two Island." The gardener's words were not harsh, but they stung Ryan all the same.

 

"I'm sorry about that," he said. "I promise to do better. Which brings me to my second point: I'd like to start training you again. I never should have stopped, and I think we can make our rendezvous in Kalos a good spot to resume your training regimen."

 

The offer took the gardener by surprise. "Oh, um, well I'd love to, but I kind of found someone else to train me. He's really good, and I've made a ton of progress in just a short while. He's planning on coming to Kalos with me, so you're welcome to join our training sessions if you'd like, but I don't think I'd have the energy to train separately with you."

 

Ryan scratched his head awkwardly. "Oh. Well, um, that's great. No problem at all, I'm glad you found someone." He put on a smile, but felt his disappointment seeping through.

 

"I'm really sorry about that." Dahlia's sincerity only made Ryan's remark feel even more fake. He struggled to change the subject.

 

"So, um, the third thing I wanted to talk about. I, uh, wanted to make sure you were aware of the danger we're about to face." The moment the words were out of his mouth Ryan knew they sounded stupid. "I mean, I can't speak for Team Flare, but Xander was definitely worried about them, and Kyle nearly died when he encountered the Signs. I know you have trouble controlling your powers--"

 

Dahlia frowned. "You don't think I'm ready."

 

"N-no, that's not it--"

 

"Yes, it is. Don't lie to me." The gardener took a threatening step forward. "If you came here wanting to train me and remind me of the times I've lost control, then you don't think I'm ready for this. I know I'm still learning my powers, but you have no idea what I've been through these past few days. You have no right to tell me I can't do this!"

 

Ryan reached out and grabbed her by the shoulders. "Just promise me you'll be safe!" The two stared at each other in stunned silence, Ryan just as shocked by his reaction as Dahlia was. He quickly pulled back and turned away. "Sorry," he muttered, bringing a hand to his temple. "I'm just worried; there's been a lot of stress lately."

 

Now that she understood the situation, Dahlia felt her anger melt away. She moved forward and gently wrapped her arms around Ryan. "Of course I'll be safe," she said. "Stop worrying yourself over me; you've got enough on your mind as it is."

 

Ryan returned the hug and tried to focus his scattered thoughts. "I'm just trying to do the right thing, but it feels like every step is a wrong turn. Now Chloe seems to think I'm full of myself, you think I don't trust your abilities, and Executive Arthur thinks I'm untrustworthy. Even with Sonja, I made a fool of myself worrying over nothing. I just can't win."

 

"Not to mention your dreadful attempt at Kalosian." Dahlia suppressed a giggle.

 

"Thanks," Ryan muttered, feeling the color rush to his cheeks.

 

"It's good to worry about things." Dahlia let go of Ryan and stepped back to look straight into his eyes. "It shows that you care. But you also have to keep in mind that you can't control everything. When we first met, you were burdened by your past mistakes. Now I see you putting the weight of the entire world on your shoulders. That's too much for one person. So stop trying to do everything yourself."

 

Ryan gave a light chuckle. "How do you always know exactly what I need to hear?"

 

Dahlia absentmindedly ran a thumb across the bandage on her hand, an accessory Ryan hadn't noticed until now. "Because I went through a similar crisis not too long ago . . ." She seemed lost in her own thoughts for a moment before smiling back at Ryan. "And because that's what friends are for."

 

"Well, I'm lucky to have friends who can put up with me," Ryan said with a laugh. A peaceful silence settled around the two, the complete opposite of the earlier tension. Ryan slipped his hands into his pockets. "Well, speaking of friends, I think I owe Chloe an apology."

 

Dahlia nodded and walked past him toward the door. "I'll leave you to that, then." She turned to give him one last smile before heading out.


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9350 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 21 2017 - 11:14 PM

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe sighed, as she sent out a message to a couple people. She looked into seeing whether Olivia would want to go on the mission, and also checked in on what was going on with Taylor after what had happened in the last few days.

 

The girl looked up, however, as the door opened and Dahlia walked out. Soon after, she noticed that Ryan was walking up to her after he left the room as well. Chloe put the Pokegear away, as she looked at Ryan partially skeptically as she wondered what he wanted.


  • 0

#9351 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 22 2017 - 06:45 PM

IC: Ryan Sanders - Outside Conference Room, The Alamo

Ryan stood a little ways off, his hands in his pockets and a tired look on his face. "Look, I'm sorry about earlier," he said. "The fact is, I know how important Ford's mission is, and I don't want to let everyone down, so I guess I just started taking matters into my own hands without consulting you all. You're probably a more qualified leader than me anyway. Either way, I don't want this becoming a problem, especially if we're going to Ford's hideout together." He looked straight at Chloe and braced for the verbal lashing he probably deserved.


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9352 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 23 2017 - 01:33 PM

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

"I don't want there to be problems either." Chloe wasn't entirely certain how much that everything seemed absolutely true, but was willing to give the benefit of the doubt so there weren't any issues. She wanted to point out how what he said showed a lack of confidence in everyone else involved, but also knew that would just bring up even more issues and likely cause problems. Contrary to what her attitude just before had implied, that was not her intent here.

 

"If anything comes up, then we'll settle it as it happens. Though maybe when it wouldn't affect the team or mission."


  • 0

#9353 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2017 - 06:36 PM

IC: Ryan Sanders - Outside Conference Room, The Alamo

Ryan nodded. He wasn't sure Chloe seemed entirely convinced, but she seemed ready to move on. "Well, um, Sonja hasn't responded yet . . ." He held up his Pokégear. "So, do you want to maybe try and find her and Ethan?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9354 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2017 - 06:54 PM

IC: Adam Zynthic (+Wiggy [Grotle]), Eterna Forest (July 30th)

Despite Wiggy's warning, the group of Trainers still approached. The Grotle lowed again, hoping the noise would deter them, but instead it spooked the children into moving even faster. Adam groaned, the noise turning into a scream as one of them trod upon his ankle, and the man jolted to his feet like a man posessed, the fallen leaves dropping to the ground like enormous flakes of dried blood.

The disturbance, combined with the eerie atmosphere of Eterna Forest, was enough to set the spooked Trainers off. A Poké Ball flew forth, releasing an Aegislash to join the one already out, as well as the Pidgey, Espurr, and Charmander already primed for battle. Adam started to groan again at the absurdity of the situation, but cut himself short when he saw the Pokémon tense.

"What in Arceus' name do you kids think you're doing?!" The ex-Ranger's stern scowl was somewhat undercut by a wince of pain as he shifted his weight to his throbbing ankle. Blasted little brats, he grumbled to himself, well aware that five-versus-three would be terrible odds even if they didn't hold the type advantage.


IC: "Blake" Belle LaDonna/Alma Mason
 
Despite her best efforts, the collector couldn't stop a blush from coloring her cheeks. "N-no, no, nothin' like that. Alma is . . ." An assassin who pulled the trigger on a man as he was bleeding out. A killer with who knows how many bodies to her name. "Alma's an agent. She helped me get this here." She lifted her right arm, on which rested the portable Snag Machine.
 
"Alma, this here's my friend Amelia. I think you two have similar interests."
 
Alma took a second to catch Belle's meaning, then a small smile crossed her lips. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Amelia. May I call you Amy? Or, perhaps, Pond, like Belle calls you?"
 
Belle's brow furrowed. There was that very serious older person that Alma sometimes seemed to slip into, oddly formal and with her words and cadence carefully structured. Was that something to do with her 'master'? Or perhaps just the way she'd been raised. Something to look into later, maybe.


IC: Amelia "Pond" Zann/Alex Zyther (August 6th)

Amelia appraised the Snag Machine with a raised eyebrow. "Nice score. Shame we didn't have one of those on those blasted islands. Woulda made the whole op a heckuva lot easier, eh?"

The spy's other eyebrow joined its twin at Alma's formality, though the surprise was marred by a brief set of her jaw. "Amelia for now, maybe Pond if ya stick around long enough to get to know me." She paused, letting the mood lighten. "Though ya'd have to sit through one of Blake's weirdo foreign sci-fi shows to get the joke, an' I ain't sure I'm willin' to inflict that sort of torture on a poor innocent kid." Amelia grinned jokingly, mostly for Alma's benefit, since the worst she'd expect from Belle would be a bird-flip or a return jab at her own media interests.

Behind her, Alex cleared his throat.

"Ah, right. Speakin' of kids, this here's Alex...somethin' or other. He's..." a stranger? An unexpected weak point? "...we have a shared medical condition."

Alex raised an eyebrow at the irony, but chose not to call Amelia on it. "Alex Zyther. These are my partners, Didi and Raleigh." The Dedenne in question scampered atop Alex's head to wave at the strangers, while the Ralts limited himself to a more formal bow. "I'd offer to shake hands, but..." Alex gestured with one of his crutches, leaning heavily on the other. "My normal set's missing and I'm not quite as good with these loaners, and I'm already a bit exhausted from the trip--"

Amelia cut him off with a back-handed wave. "Yeah, yeah, you're tired, yada yada yada. We get it. Listen, Blake, you've been here before, yeah? Got a safehouse or something, somewhere to lie low and resupply and such?"

"...I mean, my dad owns Shabboneau Castle in Camphrier?" Alex interjected.

Amelia froze, then swiveled around to face the Trainer. "How in tarnation...?"

"It's...long story short, we live there. Anyway, I'm sure Mom and Dad would be happy to let us stay a couple days--at least, if you're polite about it--and then as long as we don't worry my mom too much, we can be on our way no problem."

Amelia eyed Alex suspiciously, then tousled his hair. "And here I thought you were only good for tamin' rowdy Pokémon." The spy ignored Raleigh's hurt glare, and turned back to Belle and Alma. "I got no plans, that all sound good to you?"

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#9355 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2017 - 07:35 PM

IC: "Blake" Belle LaDonna/Alma Mason

 

Belle whistled. "Shoot, where'd ya pick this kid up, Pond? Heck yeah I'll stay a couple nights in a castle!"

 

Alma nodded. "Agreed. That sounds fantastic." She tapped her lower lip. "I don't believe I've even seen a castle in person before, let alone slept in one."

 

Belle chuckled. "Do y'all need a lift? I gotta Dragonair who could carry at least one person on her back."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9356 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 26 2017 - 06:07 PM

-==IC: Ray(Jam with Sonja)==-

Ray walked down the hall after practice ended, as he rubbed his wrists and shoulders. It had certainly been a training session of some kind and he was certainly feeling it now. He knew that he would be sleeping well that night, which was good because the next morning would be a test of his strength and skill - of all of their strength and skill. After a moment the Separatist looked up and noticed Sonja. He hesitated for a moment as he recalled the conversation at the egg. . . but knew that just ignoring things would just make things worse.

"Hey, Sonja! How's it going...?"

"Hey." Sonja flipped through her messages. "Not bad. Where have you been all day?"

"A lot of places, honestly." Ray ran his hand through his hair, as he thought for a moment on just how busy the day had been. "Went to visit Ellen, ran into Evan and a bunch of others after running into that Colette girl, went to that meeting that the alerts kept talking about..." He sighed as he continued to explain about the different things that had happened.

"It almost feels like this has been way more than one day's worth of events. I almost feel run off my feet." The man chuckled, as he rubbed his shoulder again.

"That's how I feel everyday, when I don't feel like I'm not moving at all." Sonja shook her head absentmindedly. "Too much and not enough time in the world for life."

"Yeah... recent things haven't really helped those feelings either, have they?"

Sonja took a deep breath, closing her messenger with a sharp snap and folding her hands in front of her. "'Recent things' aren't entirely bad," she said, directing her gaze to a low spot on the opposite wall. "There's a lot to do. But that just means I have a solid goal to strive for. That's not bad." She looked at Ray. "And you have a goal to strive for, too, while you're on that mission. It may be scary, but it's not all bad."

Ray nodded in response, though he noticed the snap, and looked back. "Agreed..." He felt uncertain what exactly to say at the moment. "But you're right - this is a big unknown, but I know everyone can pull through. We have to." He looked over curiously. "What about you, though? Do you have a lot to do too?"

"Yeah. Just a matter of figuring out how to do all of it at this point." Sonja opened her messages again, forwarding the summary of Ryan's meeting with Ford and Xander to Ray. "Ryan, Evan, some others, and I spoke with Ford and Hayes today. We think we have a lead on how to solve this mess." She looked at Ray. "We're getting started in a couple of days. If you aren't stuck on stand-by after the mission tomorrow, you should come with us."

"Sounds like a plan. Hopefully that won't be the case, but we'll just have to see - I'd totally be up for joining, though." Ray smiled as it almost felt like despite the danger of the situation, things had almost gone back to the way it was before.

"Alright." Sonja absentmindedly fiddled with her Pokétch. "I'll see you later, then."

"Alright..." Ray paused for a moment. "I'll see you later!"

With a nod, Sonja turned to her door, opened it, and stepped in. She paused before closing it.

"Ray?" she said. "Stay safe tomorrow."

Ray nodded with a smile. "Of course."

Sonja smiled. "Thank you." She slowly closed the door. "Niiiight . . ."

 

As the girl left, Ray began to walk back to his room, and hoped that he would be able to keep that promise.


  • 0

#9357 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2017 - 01:54 AM

IC: Xander Cruize - Alamo Barracks, Four Island

 

"How'd it go?" Sylph asked as soon as he walked in. With a sigh, the Kalosian locked the door.

 

"It went alright. We're getting things figured out. Sanders and Chloe are taking a detour on the way, Evan will be going with them afterwards, but Dahlia and a friend of hers are heading straight there." He was scowling. Sylph walked over and gently put her head on his shoulder.

"Your friends will be alright, Xander. Team Flare might not even be active."
 

"We both know that it's more likely that they are and are just hiding right now." He scowled. "I wouldn't care so much if I could go with them, but--"

"I know." She reached up to stroke her hand over his cheek. "You have always wanted to be in the middle of things like this, to help people. Now you're finding yourself stuck working as their informant, and that's nagging at you worse than anything."

 

"Yeah, pretty much." He planted a kiss on her forehead. "I need to go have a talk with Octavyn, too, before the mission begins. She might be able to get me access to files I wouldn't normally be able to."

 

"Just don't go getting yourself in trouble. We have to work within Team Liberty's rules if we're going to be at all successful here."

 

Xander smiled. "Yeah, I know. Hey, why don't you come with me? Octy and Isa haven't seen you in ages, and I bet neither of them has seen a talking Gardevoir before."
 

Sylph made a face, but grinned. "I suppose it will be nice to say hello. Alright, then, lead the way."

 

IC: Ruth Fishers (Caliburn [Aegislash]) - Eterna Forest, Sinnoh

 

"Um, we were gonna check out this old building. Who are you?" Ruth frowned. This guy seemed pretty tense, but she and her group had just taken on a bunch of cultists, there was no way a single guy would cause them problems. "You really shouldn't sleep in the middle of a path, y'know."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9358 Offline Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2017 - 03:20 AM

IC: "Blake" Belle LaDonna/Alma Mason
 
Belle whistled. "Shoot, where'd ya pick this kid up, Pond? Heck yeah I'll stay a couple nights in a castle!"
 
Alma nodded. "Agreed. That sounds fantastic." She tapped her lower lip. "I don't believe I've even seen a castle in person before, let alone slept in one."
 
Belle chuckled. "Do y'all need a lift? I gotta Dragonair who could carry at least one person on her back."


-==IC: Alex Zyther/Amelia Zann==-

Despite himself, Alex felt himself start to blush. "It's not really that much," he mumbled, emotions a mixture of pleasure and embarrassment at the praise. He cleared his throat to banish the moment, directing his attention to the pretty purple-haired woman--Blake? Belle?--to address her offer. "I, uh...I mean, I don't want to be a bother, but..." the boy cleared his throat again. "Normally I'd try to get by on my own, but I haven't...I don't seem to have my normal endurance, not since we left Laverre."

The redheaded spy he'd joined up with chuckled--whether in sympathy or derision, he couldn't tell. "That'd be the coma," she declared. "Two weeks in a bed--maybe more for you--that'd wreak havoc on the healthiest muscles." Alex ignored the unspoken condescension--he'd heard it his whole life (if just a few years could be called that), in quiet whispers from "cultured" businesspeople just soft enough to pretend they hadn't meant him to hear--but still his face burned. He hoped the others wouldn't make a big deal of it. "As for me," Amelia was saying, "I'll walk--need to build back what I lost while I was out--but I imagine you overexerting yourself wouldn't be the best bet for either of us."

And there it was. That subtle moment that bizarrely seemed to be both generous and selfish in equal measure. It kept him unnervingly off-balance; if the woman just hated him, it'd be simple enough, but it rankled that she tried to take care of him anyway.

Even so, he tried to keep his emotions in check, even if he couldn't hold back his defiance. "I'm plenty experienced with managing my own health, thanks," he tried not to spit, mostly succeeding, thankfully, even if he couldn't quite avoid a little edge and a hint of venom, "but yes, it would be in our best interests for me to ride," he finished, turning a hopefully-not-too-frustrated smile to the purple-haired woman. "If it's not too much trouble." Finally, almost to distract himself: "It'd be cool to see a real live Dragonair, too, they're supposed to be pretty rare here in Kalos, so I've only seen them in books." Alex smiled shyly and tried not to blush in embarrassment at his relative inexperience compared to these obviously professional Trainers. Amelia snorted--he was getting used to that--but thankfully had nothing to add.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#9359 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 30 2017 - 02:29 AM

IC - August 5th - Departure, The Alamo

Goldhawk/Skye Hall/Esen Windred/Jackson Sang/Sleight:

 

The sun had risen.

 

It was a pleasant day to anyone without even the faintest idea of the world around them. Rays of sunshine cast a yellow tinge across the Sevii Islands, bathing land and sea in warmth and hope. But there was one place where the sunlight, though it tried, could not reach: Two Island. The gelatinous mass covering the land devoured the light of everything warm and new, recasting it in a reddish glare like a condensed haze blotted upon the world. Here, there was no warmth, no hope, no light of a new day. There was only the entity, and the malfunctioned reality in which it existed.

 

Four Island might as well have suffered the same.

 

Activity through the morning--and the night prior, as well--only sped forward with the rising sun. The Alamo docks bustled with activity as engineers and executives prepared transport and supplies for their volunteer fighters. Eighteen stations dotted the complex, ready to install elemental armor onto those brave soldiers prepped to depart for their soon-to-be battle--the first of many to come.

 

10:00 AM neared.

 

Eighteen trainers arrived, differing amongst themselves in stress and fear. If any now wished for a pardon, the sad reality was that their fate was set. To turn back would first require a venture forward. There was no time to waste.

 

"Preparations complete!" Goldhawk's voice boomed over the loudspeaker. "Start loading up--fifteen minutes to take off!"


  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#9360 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2017 - 11:37 AM

IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Theodore Willows/Ava Willows/Jayron Aaron - Hangar, The Alamo
"Stop acting so worried, Dack!"

"I-I'm not worried, I'm just . . . this is kind of my first, um, Liberty mission and all. I'm just used to taking orders from the other side, that's all."

"Now's not the time to be getting cold feet, kid." Ava walked past the couple with a cold look in her eyes. "It's do or die time." The woman left to haul whatever cargo she was holding onto the copter.

"Don't let her get under your skin." Theodore quickly rushed up and apologized for his wife. "We're all a little on edge. Let me guess, didn't sleep well?" Dack shook his head, noting the dark circles under Theodore's eyes. "Neither did I. Never could sleep well the night before a big exam. And, well, this is pretty much the deadliest exam anyone's ever had to take." He clapped a hand on Dack's shoulder. "Good luck."

"You, too . . ." Dack muttered as he watched the man walk off to join his wife.

"He's not wrong." Jayron approached Dack and Madison, carrying his helmet under his arm and wearing his fedora on his head. "Every person here is just as scared as you." The aura wielder chose not to divulge exactly how he knew that information. "This is unlike anything we've ever faced before. But we'll face it as a team. We have to. Liberty, Rocket, everyone here is willing to put aside their differences -- and their fears -- for the greater good. Are you?"

Dack took a deep breath and looked over at Madion before turning back to the executive. "I'm sorry, sir. I let my fears get to me. You're right, I'm more scared than I've ever been in my life. But that fear is driving me to fight. After all . . ." He squeezed Madison's hand. "I've got something worth fighting for."

With a nod of thanks to the Liberty executive, Dack and Madison walked onto the helicopter, hand in hand.

Edited by Konuju, Aug 02 2017 - 12:44 PM.

  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users