Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

RPG Pokémon

  • Please log in to reply
10769 replies to this topic

#9401 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2017 - 05:22 PM

IC: Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

"I understand." Paul glanced over at Levi. "You know, on the news we tend to just hear Sleight this, Goldhawk that . . . they become synonymous with their organizations, and you tend to forget that they have families too . . ." He turned around to face the new arrival. "Hey, Chloe. Care to join us?"

 

IC: Dahlia Seaton/Ryan Sanders - Training Arena, The Alamo

Dahlia still felt woozy, like she stood up too fast, and she had to lean on Jared for support. "I, um . . . there's a sports drink in my bag . . . I think the electrolytes would help."

 

Ryan continued to stare at Jared and Dahlia. It wasn't until Xander repeated his question that Ryan tore his eyes away and came back to reality. "That's right, Kyle had messaged some of us about watching that emergency mission with him in the cafeteria. Chloe and I got to thinking that Kyle would make a valuable asset on our mission. Not only has he been to Kalos before, but he's fought with the Signs. We thought you might want to be there to explain your half of the mission and to help get all the logistics ironed out."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9402 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2017 - 05:29 PM

IC: Jared Winters/Xander Cruize

 

Jared nodded. "Sit down, I'll grab it for you." He lowered her lightly to a sitting position, then walked over to her bag.

 

Note to Jared: Take things a bit slower. You're trying to train the girl, not kill her.

I realize, thank you. We'll take baby steps from now on.

 

Xander's jaw hardened at Ryan's words. "The Signs? Perfect." He turned to the others. "Hey, we're heading to cafeteria. You guys wanna come? They're apparently broadcasting the Three Island mission, and some of the others for the Kalos mission will be there."

 

Jared handed Dahlia her drink and sat. "We might catch up in a bit, after she gets some of her strength back."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9403 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2017 - 05:52 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton/Ryan Sanders - Training Arena, The Alamo

Dahlia nodded her agreement to Jared's decision while gulping down her sports drink. For a fleeting moment, Ryan looked like he wanted to say something to the pair. Instead he turned away. "Let's get going, then." As he led Xander out of the arena, he pulled out his Pokégear to message Chloe and let her know they were on their way.


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9404 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2017 - 10:56 PM

IC: Xander Cruize

 

The psychic trainer was silent for the walk to the cafeteria. Octavyn had refused to give him information on the Signs, but now he knew for a fact that it was relevant to his mission. Still, he would have to get someone else to give him the files. Octy would just flat-out refuse him again. At the very least, talking with this Kyle guy might help him out.

 

The two walked into the cafeteria, and Xander instantly saw where they needed to go. He approached with a smile. "Hey there, Chloe. Ellen, Paul, how are you two doing?" He looked to the others at the table. One of them seemed slightly familiar -- One of Ford's Children? -- but the other he'd never met before. "Mind if I have a seat?"

 

IC: Jared Winters

 

"I'm sorry I pushed you." The aura user sighed. "I got carried away, and you're suffering for it. Maybe this isn't such a good idea."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9405 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 24 2017 - 08:16 AM

IC: Evan Tierra

After a while of brisk walking, Evan recognized he was getting close to the cafeteria. The Plasma Agent felt the dull pangs of hunger and entered. Upon entering, however, he had noticed that, besides Kyle and Chloe, there was Ellen and Paul Burks, as well as a young boy. Evan thought he recognized the boy from the egg, but he couldn't be sure. In any case, Evan's plan of approach changed. He was too shaken back at the egg to really do much for Ellen. This time would be different.

He walked over confidently, towards the table with his friends, smiling as he did so. "You rang, Kyle?" Evan said, as he looked over everyone. "It would seem we have some here with you." The Hero looked at Paul and Ellen, and waved. "Good to see you, Paul and Ellen."

Then Evan shifted his focus to Levi. "I don't believe we've met before. My name's Evan Tierra. What would yours be?"


  • 0

#9406 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2017 - 05:13 PM

IC: Claus - Four Island

 

Claus walked around the Alamo after leaving the hangar. He had a bad feeling in his stomach about this mission. It wasn't that he wanted to go on it, in fact the idea of it left him terrified. But whether he wanted to go or not, he felt like he should have gone. Not that he knew what he could have done to really contribute. At least, contribute any more than an agent chosen at random. 

 

But that left him precious little of importance to do. Couldn't pass the time Pokemon battling either. He already made enough food. Maybe he'd go to-

 

A mass slammed into Claus, knocking him over. He hadn't exactly been paying attention, but he wasn't looking at his feet either. He concluded that in this case, he was not at fault.

 

"Hey, what's that about?" Claus asked in a slightly annoyed tone as he pushed himself back up.

 

 

 

IC: Helicopter

 

James sat silent for a moment longer. He had come up with a simple idea really. But whether it was a good one depended on knowledge that he did not have. At least he activated the comm once again.

 

"TC-1 speaking. We can use your T-08 to transport people between different helicopters. We will arrange the helicopters as close to a single file row as we can. The first helicopter will hold, EP-2, EP-4, TC-2 and myself. The Bug Type Suit can support the other three. Using my Normal Type suit, I can keep attacks from the island focused on the lead helicopter. The Steel Type suit, the Fighting Type suit, and if absolutely necessary, my Normal type suit can be used to protect the helicopter from incoming assaults. In the mean time, the rest of you will need to scan the ocean beneath us for attacks and react accordingly. Over."


  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg


#9407 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2017 - 06:27 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Training Arena

Dahlia took a long sip from her sports drink, then looked squarely at the aura wielder sitting beside her. "Need I remind you of how you found me bleeding in agony in a pool of my own tears? I was so overwhelmed by my failures that I couldn't see a way forward. You helped me out of that. You gave me hope. How can you say this isn't a good idea?" The gardener sighed as she hugged her legs, resting her chin on her knees. "If anything, I'm the one who got carried away. I knew it was a bad idea to skip the meditation and punches, but I was just so excited to show off what I could do. It's my own fault, not yours. Please, Jared." Her eyes glistened. "Don't give up on me. I . . . I need you."

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

It was as if everyone had decided to come all at once. First Chloe, then Xander and Ryan, then Evan. If any more came, they would need a bigger table. "You're all welcome to sit with us," Paul said, gesturing to the remaining empty seats. Ellen looked up from Torith to silently greet the newcomers. Her eyes lingered on Evan as the Hero of Space introduced himself to Levi.

 

"So is that the feed?" Ryan asked with a glance at Kyle's laptop. "How're things going over there?"

 

"Feed?" From his questioning look it was clear that Paul hadn't paid much attention to the computer sitting on the table. The only 'feed' Paul was aware of was the breakfast on his plate. His inquiry got Ellen's attention, however, and the girl looked past Levi at Kyle's screen, trying to decipher what she was looking at.

 

IC: Ava Willows/Theodore Willows - BRV3-AR "Lyre Play"

"This is LP-1." Outside of the shortness of her voice, Ava betrayed no emotion. "It seems you're all dead set on One Island. I can't say I like it, but TC-1's plan will at least ensure we don't all get slaughtered before even making it to the island. EP-3, you have anything to add? Over."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9408 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2017 - 07:47 PM

IC: Jared Winters

 

"I wasn't." He tried to give a reassuring smile, but wasn't sure he'd gotten it right. "You are amazing. I was more worried that I would push you too far, too fast. My training was . . . intense. It wasn't healthy. I told you about punching trees."

 

He sighed. "But, if you want to keep going, then I'll keep going with you. You're capable of great things, Dahlia, and I'm more than happy to help you achieve them."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9409 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2017 - 05:02 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Training Arena, The Alamo

"I'd like that." She smiled back at him. "Let's just both agree to pace ourselves. As exciting as this all is, we wouldn't want things to move too fast." She downed the last of her sports drink, then leaned back on the arena floor with a sigh. "Maybe going back to our meditation would help me recover. Well, either that or a nap. Have you ever fallen asleep while meditating? Seems like an easy thing to do."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9410 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2017 - 11:22 PM

IC: Jared Winters

 

The aura user chuckled. "No, I haven't. Falling asleep during meditation was . . .  discouraged." He shrugged. "But yes, meditation will help. Ordering your thoughts will make you think clearer, and that will bring with it a level of confidence, which is needed for anything like this."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9411 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2017 - 02:33 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Training Arena, The Alamo

"Yeah, I guess I can see how turning meditation into naptime would be frowned upon." The gardener pushed herself up into a sitting position. Her Absol came to sit beside her, acting as a silent guardian as she closed her eyes and reflected on her botched demonstration. Confidence was a good thing to have, but overconfidence would just lead to defeat. That wasn't like her; she had always been modest about her abilities, both as a gardener and as a Pokémon trainer. So what had prompted her to suddenly show off like that? It must have had something to do with--

 

She inhaled sharply and pushed the thought away. Meditation was about relaxing her mind, and she couldn't allow herself to focus on any one thing for too long. It took some time for her pulse to slow back to a normal rate. Still she wore a troubled look on her face. Eyes still closed, she asked, "How can you tell when someone is meditating properly, versus just going through the motions? Or, you know, napping?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9412 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2017 - 02:48 PM

IC: Jared Winters

 

The aura user hadn't gone back into meditation. Rather, he was looking at Dahlia and her Absol, and thinking. "You really can't tell if someone's faking it. I mean, you might notice if they don't move for a while -- it's sort of natural to shift to keep comfortable. As for napping, the give-away there is if they slump over and start snoring." He chuckled.

 

"Why? What's on your mind, Dahlia?"


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9413 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2017 - 03:06 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Training Arena, The Alamo

"N-nothing much . . ." Dahlia felt the color rise in her cheeks, but remained locked in her meditative pose. Her muscles had tensed, and she knew Jared would have to be a fool to believe her blatant lie. She took a shaky breath. There was that thought again, clawing its way back to the forefront of her mind. For the moment, Dahlia was thankful Jared could only read auras and not minds. Still, she couldn't just keep silent after that pathetic excuse for an answer. "I just . . . It's, um, hard to focus on meditation when I keep thinking back to that demonstration. W-was it . . . wrong of me to want to show off like that . . . ?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9414 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2017 - 03:29 PM

IC: Jared Winters/Mercuy

 

He chuckled softly. "Give me a second to think about that one, alright?"

 

You wanna field this one?

What? The voice was suspicious.

You know people, right? This one's all yours.

Well, alright then.

 

"No, it wasn't wrong of you. Wanting to impress your friends is human nature, after all. Just remember that there's a time for showing off, and there's a time for getting the job done."

 

He paused, considering what he'd seen so far. "Sometimes, talking is a better way to clear your mind and organize your thoughts than meditation. Would you rather do that, instead? Tell me what's actually blocking your thoughts?"

 

That wasn't it?

Hardly. She could have easily rationalized away her ego-boosting display.


Edited by MELON LORD, Aug 26 2017 - 03:30 PM.

  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9415 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2017 - 04:21 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Training Arena, The Alamo

Her eyes shot open. "H-how did you--?" She shook her head with a sigh. "Was it that obvious? Well, I guess there's no skirting around it now." The gardener shifted into a less uncomfortable position and silently stroked her Absol's fur as she tried to think of how best to approach a subject she'd been trying to avoid.

 

"It's . . . about Ryan. I haven't told you this yet, but he's the one who was training me before. When I lost control, he wanted me to stop training altogether. I think when he showed up today, I just wanted to . . . well, to impress him. To prove to him that I wasn't a lost cause." She let out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding, followed by a nervous laugh. "It's kind of silly, really. I mean, when I think about it, there's really nothing to gain from proving myself; he even admitted you're a better trainer for me. But I think that's the real reason for my lapse in judgement. It was more than just showing off. It was . . ."

 

She closed her eyes and thought back to her conversation with Ryan the night before. This was a discussion she should be having with herself or with Ryan. Not with Jared. She bit her lip and silently tried to rationalize her thoughts and emotions.


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9416 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 26 2017 - 09:52 PM

IC - Kyle Eston/Levi Alaric - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

There was nothing particularly frightening about Evan . . . but Levi was a nervous kid to begin with. And between the surge of new arrivals, the purple coat made of scales, the clear sheer height difference between himself and Evan Tierra . . . The boy could not help but tremble, retreating once more. At the rate he was going, he would likely end up on the floor before long.

 

"Um . . . L-Levi Alaric," he said, quieter than he meant to be. "N-Nice to m-meet you, M-Mr. Tierra . . ."

 

 

"Hey, Ryan, Evan, Xander--everyone." Kyle rubbed the back of his head, glancing back at Paul and Ryan. "Eh . . ."

 

Paul's gaze felt like a drill through the skull. Kyle tapped his fingers awkwardly against the table, very much aware once again about how inappropriate it might be to watch a top-secret mission in front of two of the children most affected by the circumstances that brought about said mission in the first place. At the moment, it didn't seem like a huge issue--they were merely traveling, after all--but once they started fighting . . .?

 

He took a deep breath.

 

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Burks--it didn't even occur to me to let you know," he said, dragging the computer closer. "There's a mission going on right now--some of our friends are on it. I don't really know a ton about it--" He began clicking through feeds again. "--but my understanding is that there are something like eighteen Agents headed to Three Island in order to get information on that thing that appeared on Two Island. And the suits of armor that they're using to fight have cameras built in that I realized I could access with a security code and--and--" He faltered, trailing off with an alarmed look. "--and Esen just jumped out of her helicopter."

 

 

IC - Goldhawk/Sleight/Jackson Sang/Esen Windred/Skye Hall - Helicopters, En Route to Objective:

 

Use myself as a ferry to rearrange the compositions of the groups . . . Esen shook her head, partially to clear her thoughts and partially out of reaction to the thought. Impossible--with my training, there's no way that I could manage that. She pulled two Poké Balls from the carrying compartments on her armor. Krow and Noi, on the other hand . . .

 

"My thought was that I could take a team of snipers forward as an advance scout in order to clear a landing zone," Esen said, ignoring the alarmed jerk of the head from Skye. "If necessary, then I can still do so. Otherwise, I agree with TC-1's plan, with minor adjustments. While I cannot personally ferry other operatives from helicopter to helicopter, my Pokémon can. Meanwhile I can provide air support from below the line of helicopters as we approach One Island. Over."

 

"I think that's as good a plan as we're going to get, over," Sleight interjected.

 

"Agreed," Goldhawk said. "All pilots mark: Change course for One Island. Tier Climb will lead, followed by Entry Guard and Valley Watch. EP-3 will shuttle EP-2 and 4 to Tier Climb; TC-3 will move into Essence Ponder in order to accommodate the change. EP-3 will remain airborne, stationed below Entry Guard and Valley Watch, in order to intercept attacks from below, and then move forward to clear out landing zone. All orders clear?"

 

"Yes, sir," Esen answered.

 

"Begin reconfiguration now."

 

Through the window, Esen watched as the helicopters shifted both their speed and their course. As they straightened out into a single line, and Essence Ponder fell back so that it was behind the two groups of snipers, Esen turned to the other occupants of her helicopter. She placed a hand on the door behind her, easing it open enough that she could release her Noivern and Honchkrow into the sky. They materialized amongst the rushing wind, easily keeping pace with the rest of the convoy. Esen shifted her head to them, directing them to either side of the helicopter, and then closed the door.

 

"Whenever you're ready," she said to Jamie and Skye. "You can hop on their backs and they'll bring you to the other chopper. After that . . . Be ready for our arrival." She looked at Skye. "Will you be okay?"

 

Skye didn't answer. Instead, she looked out the window, down at the sea rushing by below them. It was a long way down, and somehow she didn't think the Bug-Type Suit would offer much protection from the fall if she misstepped. Even through her trembling, she managed to offer Esen a nod, which Esen returned.

 

"Stay safe," Skye said. "Don't let those things get you."

 

"I won't." Esen gave the group a thumbs up, before opening the helicopter door and stepping out onto the bars. As the door closed, she took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment, and then leaped off. The jets on her suit activated, not stopping her descent but certainly controlling it, until she was no longer falling but instead flying, rocketing toward One Island alongside the armored vehicles of Team Liberty.


Edited by Parugi, Aug 26 2017 - 09:55 PM.

  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#9417 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2017 - 10:34 PM

IC: Jared Winters/Mercury

 

He weighed what she was saying and tilted his head. "Is it that you wanted to show him you didn't need his help? Or, alternatively . . ."

 

Don't.

What?

Don't ask her that, it's not any of our business!

Relax, Jared. The worst that can happen is some minor embarrassment.

 

"Alternatively, were you trying to impress him due to feelings for him?"

 

A brief struggle for control, then, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked you that."

 

IC: Xander Cruize

 

Oh, right, Kyle.  Xander really needed to work on that. For now, this made things easier. He wouldn't be harassing a complete stranger. "Hey, Kyle. Do you mind if I ask you some questions after this?"


Edited by MELON LORD, Sep 23 2017 - 02:21 PM.

  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9418 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 12:46 AM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Training Arena, The Alamo

She flushed angrily and got to her feet. "What do you think you're doing?" she demanded. "Just because you can read the emotions in people's auras, it doesn't give you the right to just go poking around in things that aren't your business!" Without waiting for a response, Dahlia slung her bag over her shoulder and stormed off toward the exit. Her once-stoic Absol growled menacingly at Jared. The scythe on his head gleamed as he leveled a glare at the aura wielder before turning and following his trainer.

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

"She did what?" Ryan moved around behind Kyle to look at the screen. All he could see was what looked like the ocean moving far below the camera. He shook his head. "I hope they know what they're getting themselves into. Actually, that sort of relates to what Xander and I came to talk to you about."

 

Paul frowned as his gaze shifted from Kyle and the laptop to the two kids. "Finish your breakfast, Ellen," he said. "We should start packing."

 

"I want to see this." Ellen's plate went untouched as she leaned over the diminished Levi to get a better look at the laptop screen.

 

Paul got to his feet, trying is best not to make a scene. "I really don't think that's a good--"

 

"I have to know what happens." The girl's eyes met her father's in a look a look of somber defiance. "I need to know. Besides, Levi's watching it."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9419 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 01:13 AM

IC - Kyle Eston/Levi Alaric - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

Switching to different cameras did not reveal Esen's intentions, until Kyle reached the camera for the Bug-Type Suit. From its vantage point, he could see Esen maneuvering through the air, at the same time that the camera operator jumped onto the back of a Honchkrow--presumably Esen's. Kyle breathed a sigh of relief, relaxing.

 

"She's alright," he said, his tone hushed. He opened Esen's message again. "Of course, her Suit is Flying-Type--why wouldn't it be able to fly?" He closed Esen's message, running his hand through his hair. "Looks like they're moving some people around. Wonder why . . ." As Kyle took a sip of water, he glanced back at Ryan and Xander, biding time to calm down. When he finished, he set his glass back on the table. "Sorry--what do you need?"


  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#9420 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 01:26 AM

IC: Jared Winters

 

Jared sighed. Good going.

She gives into her emotions too easily. Like someone else I know.

Shut up!

Jared stood, sighing. Would it be better for him to give Dahlia time, or get things sorted out quickly? With the two of them going to Kalos in the next twenty-four hours, it was a pretty easy decision. He followed after Dahlia quietly.

 

IC: Xander Cruize

 

"I need to ask you some questions about the Signs. it's related to a mission that Ryan's going on for me." He was ignoring the screen for now. He didn't need to know the details of the chopper flight.


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9421 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 02:22 AM

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe took in everything quietly as everything seemed to happen right as she got to the room. However at the mention of Esen, the psychic looked over in surprise as she wondered what could make her jump out of a helicopter. As that got figured out, however, she just decided to listen to what the others had to say. She was surprised by how quickly Xander brought up the mission, and half wondered if this could end any way but badly based on how the kid had phrased that. . .

 

-==IC==-

 

"I'm sorry!" The girl who was at fault for the crash grumbled as she fell to the ground. With a wince, she slowly pushed herself to her feet. "Are you alright? I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and was in a bit of a hurry."

 

She glanced around for a moment as she brushed her clothes off. She glanced around, and noticed that most of the people around were avoiding looking at the two of them. "To be fair, though, I wonder if either of us would have noticed the other..." The girl shook her head with a sigh. "Anyway, my name's Taylor - what's yours?"


  • 0

#9422 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 02:28 AM

IC - Kyle Eston/Levi Alaric - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

The mere mention of the Signs was enough for Kyle to visibly tense up. Not so visibly, his lungs tensed. Kyle reached into his pocket and retrieved his inhaler, taking a slow, soothing breath of the medicinal aroma within. He took the time where his lungs relaxed to think of how to respond to Xander.

 

"I can tell you what I remember about them," he said. "It won't be much, though--I can't directly remember a lot of what happened with them, only what I was told by Victoire and Esen. She would know more than me." Kyle rubbed the back of his head. "I don't suppose you tried to pull up the report we submitted about them already? That'd probably save you some time."


  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#9423 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 02:31 AM

IC: Evan Tierra

As soon as Levi began stuttering his words, Evan frowned. Despite the fact he wanted to talk more to Levi, that'd just make the poor kid faint. The Plasma Agent walked away from Levi. "I'm sorry if I did something wrong, Levi." Evan said, smiling gently as he faced Paul. "Hello, Mr. Burks. It'd be stupid to say that it's been sunshine and rainbows the past few days, for the both of us. How have you two been doing?" Despite the fact that he seemed distracted. the young man was paying attention to what was being said by the others. He was wary of possibly watching what their new enemy was capable of, but he'd watch, just so he could know what to focus on for his training.

He would not be caught off guard again.


Edited by Dr. Hidaka, Aug 27 2017 - 02:34 AM.

  • 0

#9424 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 03:13 AM

IC: Xander Cruize/Richie Eston

 

The psychic sighed. "I tried, but the technician wouldn't let me, since Goldhawk hadn't authorized it. I need everything you can remember, every single detail." His eyes were unusually cold as he sized up the older boy. "If you leave anything out, it's entirely possible that people will die."

 

A deeper voice spoke from behind him, causing Xander to jump. "I think that's a bit over the top." Xander spun to see who was interrupting and paused as he noted the familial resemblance to Kyle. The older man looked at everyone gathered, then to Kyle. "Is everything alright over here?"

 

Xander could have screamed. First Octavyn, now what appeared to be Kyle's father.


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9425 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 04:36 AM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

It was Asriel who realized they were not alone. The Absol snarled a warning. Part of Dahlia wanted to run and hope she could shake Jared off her tail, but she knew he would just continue to pursue her. She halted, staring straight ahead. "Stop following me," she said with a bitter edge to her voice. "You can read my aura. Can't you see I want to be left alone?"


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9426 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 05:00 AM

IC: Jared Winters

 

The silver-haired boy shrugged. "You can't just run off whenever you're angry. It isn't healthy, and it isn't conducive to settling that anger." He glanced at Asriel, unconcerned. As Absol went, he'd seen much worse. "I shouldn't have pried, I'm sorry. I don't really . . ." He sighed. "I don't get boundaries. I'm sorry, it's something I try to keep in mind, but it's not encoded in me the way it is with you. Instead of snapping and running, just tell me to back off. What you and Ryan have going on, that's your business."

 

He tried not to let his own emotions show as he looked Dahlia in the eye, silver meeting sky blue. "Just understand that anything I say or do isn't meant to be malicious. If I know your thoughts and feelings, then I can better help you get through them."

 

Give up, already, she's clearly a lost cause.

 

"I promised I wouldn't give up on you."

 

She clearly has better things to do than train.

 

"So you can't give up on me, either."

 

She's petty, if she lets one slip cause this much trouble.

 

"I made a mistake, and I'm owning up to it. In the future, I'll be better."

 

She's not worth it, Jared!

 

"And I'll try to help you be better, too!"

 

He let his barriers drop. All the emotions he'd been holding back, he let show in his eyes. Pain and sadness, sorrow and regret, all relayed in an instant.


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9427 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 12:10 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

Her anger melted away at Jared's heartfelt plea. His eyes were filled with such genuine remorse that she had to look away for shame of her own petty actions. "You're right." Dahlia absentmindedly stroked a hand through her Absol's fur to keep the Disaster Pokémon at bay. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have blown up on you like that. I don't know what came over me. I guess I don't have as much control as I'd like to think."

 

She forced herself to look Jared in the eye, his regret stabbing into her heart deeper than any dagger could. "I-I guess it goes to show that we all make mistakes sometimes. So, let bygones be bygones?" She smiled weakly and held out a hand for him to shake. Her own words echoed in her mind: I don't have as much control as I'd like to think. This little outburst hadn't involved her powers . . . but what if the next one did? It wasn't like her to get angry like that, and yet that was the second time in one day that she'd acted out of character. She shuddered at the thought that the next time, she might hurt someone more than just emotionally. She needed Jared's help more than she realized.


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9428 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 01:07 PM

IC: Jared Winters

 

Pathetic.

 

He shook the offered hand and smiled softly. "Sure thing. How about we call that your lesson for the day, though? We promised your friends we'd catch up."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9429 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 29 2017 - 03:34 AM

IC - Kenneth Kyro - Kotahi Village, One Island:

 

Of all the times I could get called into work . . .

 

Kenneth Kyro sighed. For the past few days, he and dozens of others had been assigned to assist in evacuations across the Sevii Islands. His scheduled break following the full evacuation of Three Island had been some of the most peaceful and relaxing that he had had in a while, even without proper Pokémon abilities--and thus battles--to fill his time. One Island, after all, was a hub for entertainment and pleasure, so for a future work assignment, it wasn't a bad place to kill time. If all had gone according to schedule, he would have spent four days on One Island without work, before gearing back up and joining in the evacuation efforts there, and then moving onto Five Island.

 

Of course, he was an Agent of Team Liberty, which meant that nothing ever went according to schedule. Day two of his break had barely started, and he had already gotten halfway through a well-deserved massage when command had sent their emergency alert, calling for all available agents to provide emergency assistance to One Island's evacuation efforts. Just like that, his break came to an end, and he was back in his uniform, providing look-out duty on the island's southern beach.

 

So far, his list of recorded responsibilities had grown to cover the following:

  • Stand around in the blazing sun under heavy-duty gear.
  • Test personal resolve by resisting the persistent threat of heatstroke.
  • Stare at the ocean until eyes bleed.

And so that is what he did, for the umpteenth time since the evacuations had started: Stand around, get really hot, and stare around. Occasionally, he would direct clueless civilians to their proper evacuation point, but Kotahi Village was so small that he was fairly certain he wouldn't have to do that at all, seeing as how the village had all but finished emptying out. At this point, it was a matter of double-checking housing and departure listings.

 

In fact, he was so certain that he wouldn't need to direct anyone that when he actually did notice a figure on the beach, he initially wrote it off as a heat-induced mirage--perhaps a hallucination, but he felt that particular word implied he was losing his mind. When it did not go away after a few blinks, Kenneth dropped his shotgun to his side and pulled off his helmet, wiping his forehead and shielding his eyes from the sun. Now it was clear that there actually was someone standing out there, their bald head glistening in the sun as they, too, stared out at the sea from the very edge of the water, unmoving save for the rustling of their black suit in the wind.

 

"Hey, buddy!" Kenneth called. "Evacuation zone is north of here--you're not going to find anything over there!"

 

The figure did not respond. Kenneth sighed, not entirely surprised--more often than not, the sounds of the ocean obscured what he was actually saying, prompting most stragglers to dismiss the fact that he was yelling at them. That was why he had started carrying around another, more effective tool to complement his voice: A whistle, which he now pulled from his shirt and blew through. The shrill noise cut through the air around him, echoing in the distance. Still, the man did not response.

 

What the heck are you doing, dude? Uneasy, but aware of what was expected of him, Kenneth replaced his helmet on his head and pulled up his shotgun. He began walking forward, and soon his boots no longer crunched along top of rocks, but sand. He pulled his shoulder walkie to his mouth, pressing it. "Captain Robins, this is Agent Kyro, approaching unresponsive figure on south beach," he muttered. "Possible Code Veronica."

 

"Affirmed, Agent Kyro. Sending someone to assist."

 

"Negative," Kenneth said. "Nearest additional unit is too far away to wait. I can handle it, Captain."

 

"Support is already en route. ETA five minutes. Keep your guard up, Agent."

 

"Roger that." Kenneth let his radio slip back into place. Gripping his shotgun, he slowed his approach. The figure stood a mere twenty feet away now, still unmoving. Perhaps their earlier appearance had been a distant trick of the light, but now that he was closer, Kenneth saw that it was not a bald man in a black suit, but a boy, bald and frail, clad in hospital scrubs. The sight of him sent a shiver down Kenneth's spine, bringing to light some unpleasant memories. With a stabilizing breath, he reluctantly pressed forward.

 

"Captain, ignore that last call--it's a kid. Must've missed him in the chaos at the hospital." He stopped a short distance away from the child. "Hey," he called gently. The boy's head turned slightly, finally acknowledging his presence. "What are you doing out here? This area was supposed to be cleared out an hour ago--you shouldn't be here." He stepped forward, reaching a hand out. "C'mon--I'll show you where to go."

 

Silently, the child nodded, and pushed himself to his feet. He muttered something.

 

"What was that?" Kenneth asked. "I'm sorry--I couldn't hear you."

 

"Thank . . . you . . . big . . . brother . . ."

 

Kenneth's blood ran cold. "W-What?"

 

The child turned around.

 

Oh my God . . . Kenneth froze. This isn't possible . . .  The child's face was nearly identical to Kenneth's own, save for slight variations in the nose and cheekbones. His eyes were the same shade of murky green, his jaw receded at nearly the same distance, his ears blending at the lobe in the exact same way--it was like looking into a camera and seeing the last vestiges of a memory brought back to life, all of the smudges and errors repaired by some miracle.

 

"K-Kaleb . . ." Kenneth stammered. His whole body trembled, partially in fear and partially in stunned disbelief. "I-Is it r-really y-you . . .?"

 

The boy took a step forward. "Really . . . you . . ."

 

No . . . This isn't possible . . . His mind screamed at him, but the Liberty Agent couldn't move. How . . . How is he . . . "K-Kaleb," he managed to say. "Y-You're . . . d-d-dead . . ." His body quaked as he tried to raise his gun. "You . . . you s-shouldn't be . . . h-here . . ."

 

"Here . . . Dead . . ." The child moved forward, shambling toward Kenneth. "Dead . . . Dead . . ." The closer he neared, the less clear Kaleb's features became, his eyes dimming into a soulless black before beginning to fade away entirely. Before Kenneth's very eyes, the phantom of his brother melted into a pale, towering, blank-faced figure, a return to form for what he had seen earlier. By the time he had worked up the nerve again to train his weapon on the target, it was too late: The creature had taken hold of him with its long, slimy hands, gripping either side of Kenneth's head. Between its arms and body, he caught a glimpse of something red trailing behind it from the back, and leading back into the ocean like a bloody snake.

 

As he felt the bones begin to crack, Kenneth screamed, until there was nothing left to scream with.

 

The creature stepped over his body and proceeded up the beach, toward the abandoned Kotahi Village. Behind it, a red mass emerged from the water, slowly expanding until a piece of itself had engulfed the bloody remains of Kenneth Kyro.

 

 

 

 

IC - Kyle Eston/Levi Alaric - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

The first tip-off to Richie's approach should have been Kyle nonchalantly closing and hiding his laptop after a quick glance over Xander's head, though Kyle could not blame him for not catching on. He offered a look to Xander, as if to say Relax, and then nodded back at Richie.

 

"Yeah, everything's fine, Dad," he said. "Ford mentioned a few things about the Signs before we fought him in the Egg. We figured there might be a connection from when I ran into them in Kalos, but I really don't think it's anything to worry about--if there's any connection to be found, it'll be in the reports submitted after each mission."

 

 

 

IC - Goldhawk/Sleight/Skye Hall/Esen Windred/Jackson Sang - Approaching One Island:

 

Rearrangements had gone without a hitch, and afterwards Esen had positioned herself on Krow's back, figuring the help in flying might save her suit some energy for the coming battle. A tense atmosphere had overtaken the group, though no one said anything about it--at least not over comm. As she was not in a position to confirm that the choppers were equally silent, she had to trust that they were.

 

Regardless of whether they now sat in silence or argued amongst themselves, one thing had made itself clear to her already: This ragtag group would not coordinate easily. She could have kicked herself for not seeing that coming earlier, but it was an oversight that she would have to keep in mind. It was one thing for her to keep an eye on her teammates, but if others amongst them would not do the same . . . Esen did not want to think about what might happen if the group fell apart now or on the field. She turned her attention to Goldhawk's helicopter. Why hadn't the Liberty Leader simply made a decision and stuck by it? Had that invitation to interject been an attempt to forge trust and cooperation amongst the squad?

 

Or is he as lost as the rest of us? Esen looked forward again. Or maybe he's worn out from going and going for all these years . . . I guess I can't blame him . . . But if this is going to work, someone needs to be ready to direct us without hesitating--having eighteen voices pulling us in different directions is only going to get us killed, or worse . . . She sighed. For now, I'll just have to focus on doing my part . . .

 

"All Agents, we have visual on One Island. Prepare for landing."

 

Perfect timing.

 

Esen gently squeezed Krow's feathers, urging him forward. The Honchkrow complied, bringing her up to speed with Tier Climb. With a quick exchange between herself and Executive Arthur, Esen descended, taking her place below the helicopter.

 

"Alright, Krow," she muttered, bringing a hand to her helmet and zooming in her vision. "Let's see what we're getting ourselves into . . ."

 

As they neared One Island, the situation became clearer. Roughly half of the islet to the south of One Island's mainland shimmered with a strange, pulsing red--Missing Zero. It seemed to have taken over the entire east coast already, and had begun to spread along the southern side. The main island fared better, at least for the moment: While the southern beach had begun to disappear, and the channel of water between the two islets had turned bloodred from Missing Zero's presence, it had not yet made any significant progress on the island. Even so, there was clearly a town of some sort near its beaching point. Esen could only hope that the place had been evacuated, otherwise there would be a lot more blood on their hands than she was ready to accept.

 

Her radio buzzed with the voice of Tier Climb's pilot. "Ground Squad, we're headed to the clearings north of Kotahi Village," he said. "That should put enough distance between us and Missing Zero for a safe landing."

 

"Roger that," Goldhawk replied. "Tier Climb, EP-3, be prepared to enact defenses--Missing Zero may try to hit us as we descend."

 

"Affirmative," Esen replied. As one, she and the line of helicopters began the drop toward their landing zone.

 

 

For the most part, trouble seemed content to stay away from them. The lack of activity was beginning to make Esen nervous. While she could see movement on the islet below them, suggesting Missing Zero was busy engaging the remaining occupants there, it seemed content to allow the line of helicopters to fly above and past it. At least, that was the initial impression. They were nearing the border of the islet when Esen became aware of bright yellow lights approaching from below--dozens of them, small yet growing bigger the higher they rose and the lower the helicopters fell.

 

"Incoming, immediately below us!" she barked over the comm. "I can't tell what they are, but there are a lot of them!"

 

She had barely finished her message and begun to charge an Air Slash attack when they arrived--the entire swarm, all at once. They moved about the squad, zipping up and down and blinking different colors, but they did not attack. Krow slowed to avoid running into them, as did the helicopters, fearing for what the creatures' umbilical cords might do to the propellers.

 

"What are these things . . .?" Skye breathed over her comm.

 

That is a great question . . . Esen frowned, looking every which way. She froze as one of the things approached her, offering her the clearest view yet of one of Missing Zero's Instances. The creature before her was small, and looked very much like a light bulb save for the golden eye visible within its nucleus. It buzzed with four little arm-like wings, extending from its base close to where the cord connected to it from Missing Zero's main body. The thing flitted about in front of her, close and then far again, examining her. Above, the others did the same to the helicopters.

 

They're like living light bulbs . . . "They're not attacking," Esen said. "What do we do?"

 

"Whatever they're doing, it can't be good. EO-1," Goldhawk said. "The Dark-Type Suit is equipped with a scanner. Can you get a reading on these things?"

 

"Yes, sir--one second."

 

"That one second better be the quickest second that has ever--"

 

"Can it, Sang," Sleight's voice snapped over the comm. "EO-1, what have you got?"

 

"Not a lot, but I am getting their Typing," Ryan responded. "Electric-Bug."

 

"EP-3, get rid of them," Goldhawk ordered. "Now."

 

"Yes, sir." Esen raised her hands. "Hang on!"

 

Miniature tornadoes gathered around her arms as Esen activated Whirlwind. At the sight of this, the various bugs went crazy, fluttering all around and flashing red. Whatever they were attempting to do, Esen did not allow to happen. She released the Hurricane attack in a wide circle around herself, managing to catch the bugs and the helicopters in the attack's radius. While the pilots managed to stay steady, the Instances were sent tumbling back toward Missing Zero, tangling together and crashing into its surface far below.

 

"Targets eliminated," Esen reported.

 

"Good work, EP-3," Goldhawk said. "Let's get mov--"

 

"Wait," Esen interrupted. "Something else is coming up."

 

Where the bugs had crashed, two symbols appeared on Missing Zero's surface, both yellow in color. Spherical objects marked with blue lines emerged, followed each by four magnets--a corruption of what might normally pass for a Magnemite. The Instances turned upward, still for a moment before sparks erupted from their bodies. The magnets flew in a frenzy around their glowing bodies, and they barreled upward, straight toward Esen.

 

"Incoming, two hostiles!" she shouted.

 

Krow flew to the side, narrowly avoiding one and then the other. He turned in time to allow Esen to aim an Air Slash at them, fully intending to direct their attention back to her and away from the helicopters. She did not need to, however: Despite slowing to a stop right next to Tier Climb, the Instances automatically turned back toward her, launching Thunderbolts at her and Krow. Esen grimaced as one grazed her, followed by a direct hit to Krow from the other. The force of impact was enough to launch her from Krow's back, and she narrowly managed to activate her own jets before falling too far. Even as Krow regained his composure, the two creatures shot forward again, completely ignoring the Dark-Flying-Type.

 

"Entry Guard, provide covering--"

 

"LP-3, I think they're after me," Esen interrupted. She lowered her jets, dropping herself another dozen feet, and then shot toward the back of the line of helicopters. The Instances followed close behind, and Krow after them. "Those things must've--marked me as a threat when I attacked." She spun to the side, launching an Air Slash back at her opponents. "Get to the landing zone--I'll distract them until then. Do not engage further targets until you've hit the target."

 

"Esen, are you crazy!?" Skye called.

 

"Yes, now go!" Esen yelled. "Don't worry about me--I'll land as soon as you have!"

 

For a moment, the only sounds in the air were the rushing wind and the angry whirring from the Instances. Finally, Goldhawk spoke. "Roger that," he said. "Pilots, get moving! EP-3, stay close if you can--we'll assist as soon as we're on the ground."

 

"Understood!"

 

Shifting into a wide arc, Esen steered away from the helicopters, bringing the Instances with her. She deactivated her jets as Krow flew under her, gripping tightly as the Big Boss Pokémon carried her through the air toward Kotahi Village. As the helicopters made their way over the village and toward the clearings, the Honchkrow darted between buildings, doing what he could to shake off the pursuing Electric-Types.

 

"Whenever you're ready, team!" Esen called. "We're headed your way now!"


Edited by Parugi, Aug 29 2017 - 03:44 AM.

  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#9430 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2017 - 04:13 PM

IC: Xander Cruize/Richie Eston

 

The executive frowned, nodding softly. "Alright, just as long as Agent . . ." He paused, glancing at Xander.

 

"Cruize, sir," the psychic filled in.

 

"As long as Agent Cruize isn't causing a disturbance. Enjoy your lunch, everyone." Richie walked away, pulling his Pokétch from his pocket.

 

Xander sighed, turning back to Kyle. "The problem is, I don't have access to those reports, so I need whatever you can give me."


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9431 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 29 2017 - 04:40 PM

IC - Kyle Eston/Levi Alaric - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

Once Richie disappeared through the cafeteria doors, Kyle opened his laptop again. "I know," he said. "It's just not that great of an idea to talk about the Signs around him, considering I barely made it out of my last run in with them." After reestablishing the feed with the various Power Suits, then seeing that they were still inbound toward their destination and thus not doing anything of note, Kyle pulled up a document. "Lucky for you, I save copies of my reports. I'll send this to you." He sent it off to the address listed for Xander in the Liberty messaging system. With a sigh, he leaned back.

 

"Was that your dad, Mr. Kyle?" Levi asked.

 

". . . Yeah," Kyle said. "His name is Richie." Levi nodded. Kyle looked back to Xander. "Where to start . . ." He rubbed his head. "I stumbled on them in some windmills that were supposed to be abandoned. They were poaching Pokémon, and that's where they held them to be transported. I freed the Noibat that they were holding, and then one of them--Shift--used some sort of device that forced my Pokémon back into their Poké Balls before hitting me with a taser. When I woke up, I was in a warehouse with a woman named Victoire. Shift was angry with me for intruding on their work. In retaliation, he poisoned me with some sort of hallucinogenic--I think he called it 'fear.'" Kyle's eyes dropped to the table, where he gripped his hands together to stop them from shaking. "Everything after that first dose is a huge blur. I just know that Victoire managed to take down Shift and get us into the main body of the warehouse, where Esen and Cero had broken in and taken out the other Signs. At some point Esen got hit with fear, too, but she snapped out of it once we got to her." He frowned, raising his eyes to Xander again. "I'm sorry--that's really all I can remember. Except for . . ." He drummed his fingers on the table. "It might be nothing, but the Pokémon they were poaching were being shipped to Keturi City, which isn't very far from the Alamo. And I haven't heard anything about that since then."

 

He shook his head. "Anyway . . . Like I said, the report I submitted has more information from Victoire and Esen. Once she gets back from Three Island, you might ask her . . ." He paused, looking back at the laptop. "If she comes back from Three Island . . ."


  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#9432 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2017 - 05:02 PM

IC: Ryan Sanders/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

Ryan had heard Kyle's story once before, but with Ford's mission in mind he listened intensely for anything that could be useful. Sending Pokémon back into their balls? Not likely to be a problem with Pokémon power still out. Hallucinogenic fear? That was worrisome but nothing they couldn't take measures to prepare for. But Kyle's last piece of information was something he didn't recall hearing previously.

 

"Keturi City?" He glanced at Xander. "When were you planning on having us leave? Some of us could make a trip to Keturi today and see what we can find on those poached Pokémon." He looked back to Kyle. "How could something like that be happening right under our nose?"

 

IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron - BRV3-AR "Moment Record," Approaching One Island

Although she had done her best to appear confident so far, Madison found herself gripped with fear when she made the mistake of looking down out the helicopter window. It wasn't the height that scared her but the sheer alienness of their otherworldly foe. She had previously only seen the Missing Zero in low-quality video feeds from Two Island. But the crimson ocean, the gelatinous mass, the drone-like Instances . . . "What have we gotten ourselves into?" she muttered.

 

"Are you alright?" Dack looked at her in concern, placing a hand on her armored shoulder.

 

Madison tore her eyes away from the window and stared at her feet. She could feel her entire body shaking in her armor. "I-I'll be fine, it's just . . . it's a lot to take in."

 

Dack squeezed her shoulder, a gesture that probably went unnoticed through her armor. The two had kept silent throughout the debate on whether to continue on course to Three Island or divert to One Island. While they both agreed that rescuing One Island was the ideal solution, the knowledge of the added dangers that came with their task had plagued them for the rest of the trip. Dack thought back to his first encounter with the Missing Zero. Back on Two Island the only option had been to run. And from what they heard of Esen's battle through the comms, her minor victory had been very short lived. That only stressed the fact that they had no idea what they were dealing with.

 

"It's a little late to be having second thoughts." Jayron eyed the nervous couple with a deep frown. In a perfect world they would have recruited more experienced agents like Sanders or Tierra or Eston. But this world was far from perfect, and he'd have to play with the hand he'd been dealt. "If it helps, don't think of it as fighting a monster. Think of it as saving as many lives as we can. All of us feel ill equipped, but just remember your training from last night. Work together as a team, and we'll make it through this." I hope, he added silently.

 

As the helicopter descended toward the landing site, Madison took a deep breath. "You're right. We still have the advantage that this thing won't be expecting power suits. Although our first priority needs to be backing up that girl, Esen."

 

Dack frowned. He knew the skier's resolve was shaky at best. It seemed everyone was on edge and just doing their best to hide it. Which was fine, but they couldn't afford to have someone lose their wits once they actually got out on the field. "Are you sure you're okay?" he leaned closer. "Your face looks as white as a--" Madison suddenly vanished before his eyes.

 

"As a ghost?" Behind the cloaking of her suit's invisibility module, Madison grinned. "Don't worry, I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. It's just like skiing, it's nerve-wracking until you take that first step, then the adrenaline kicks in and you just act. Just promise me one thing . . ." Still invisible, she leaned in and gave Dack a kiss. "Don't die out there, alright?"

 

Dack found her invisible hand and held it tight. "I could say the same to you."


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9433 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2017 - 05:46 PM

IC: Xander Cruize

 

Xander listened intently to Kyle's story, nodding when the older agent was done. "Thanks, that helps." Ryan addressed him, and he turned to face him. "Take-off is tomorrow morning. You'll actually be flying with the Burks...es? Paul, and Ellen, I mean." He tapped his fingers on the table, withdrawing inwards as he thought.

 

"The Signs aren't my main objective, so I can't say yes or no on that. However, I don't think the higher-ups can complain if a few agents take a walk down to the nearby village for a bit of fun before a mission. I'll even join you. I can't go on missions right now, so this clearly can't be one, right?"


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9434 Online Flipz

Flipz
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 16-June 12
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2017 - 05:59 PM

IC: Amanda Zarth

From the moment the bulb-like creatures approached, Amanda was preparing for battle. She first attached a drone to the helicopter interior--best to have a suitable point of reference in case of a need for rapid retreat--and then began going through her move list to prepare a plan of action. She'd already pulled off an Agility, feeling herself and her suit grow lighter and more nimble as she watched the Flying suit operator struggle to dodge the Instances and their attacks, and had queued up a Cosmic Power to execute once she touched down. "EO-3 to EO-1," she queried through the comms, "did you get a scan of the Magnemite-like Instances? An understanding of their typing would be tactically beneficial." As the vehicle approached the landing zone, she spotted a copse of trees nearby, which would provide more than suitable cover for initial observations. While she waited for landing, she considered her options, casually spinning a Plasma Ball while she thought; while her initial instinct to use her Magnezone as a means of transit was still viable, the presence of Instances clearly based off of its pre-evolutions meant that the Pokémon could be at risk, given that the source Magnemite's own natural defenses had not been enough to save it from Missing Zero in the first place. On the other hand, if the warped creatures still maintained traits of the original, her Magnezone could potentially provide additional insight into their behavior that the suits' scans could not.

As with the diversion to One Island, the benefits outweighed the risks. Releasing the Electric-and-Steel-type, she leapt onto its back, balancing with practiced precision as she rode it the rest of the way to the ground. The pair floated to the copse of trees she'd sighted, the vegetation giving her cover to touch down (she felt the queued Cosmic Power execute to boost her defenses) and visually scan her surroundings in relative safety.

OOC:

Current Actions:
Amanda: Agility (in helicopter), Cosmic Power->observe environment (on ground)
(Boosts: +2 Speed, +1 Def, +1 SDef)
Magnezone: Levitate, take cover in grass and vegetation

Edited by Flipz, Aug 29 2017 - 06:16 PM.

  • 0
 

Me: *has idea*
Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."
--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK
3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

#9435 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

  • 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 29 2017 - 06:13 PM

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

"From what I've heard of her, she'll make it back. She's a fighter." Chloe paused a little awkwardly, and scratched her head. "Granted, I don't know her that well, but... I'm certain that it'll work out."

 

As Ryan asked his own question, she mulled the situation over. The girl admittedly wondered about the smuggling ring too, but with them leaving the very next day, that did not give them much time at all to prepare if they went to investigate this. Oh how I wish my power had been to like, clone myself or something, so we could focus on both... She stayed quiet, however, as she wanted the others there to give their thoughts on the matter - what she didn't want to do was start another fight like the night before.

 

So instead, Chloe watched Kyle as the conversation progressed. It would help for them to have someone with previous experience with the Signs on their team, but. . . she hesitated to believe that Kyle was the best fit for the job. She wanted to reunite the old group, but it didn't look like he had entirely recovered yet from his last run-in with them. It would only hurt the teams in multiple ways if they brought along Kyle and the mission proved to be harmful to him again. She wished she could be proven wrong, however.

 

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

As Ryan exited the aircraft, he made it a priority to scan the new thing that had started to attack Esen.

 

"That thing is a pure Electric-Type. Weak points are the four blue lines along its body and its umbilical cord. Be extra careful on your way back, we don't know what to expect." The dark suit user looked around as he moved his hand down in front of him, ready to attack as soon as the creatures drew closer. Ryan's hands began to glow with a dark energy as he prepared a Night Slash for once the creatures were in range.

 

-==IC: Ray/Lucia==-

 

Ray, meanwhile, was having as much fun as he could on what was effectively a suicide mission. He swung through the air attaching to tree branches with the special gear equipped to the Ice Suit. However, despite that, he was making sure to keep his focus on the mission at hand. He landed on one of the branches close to where Esen was, and generated an Ice Shard in his hand. Like during training, he marveled at how far the suit had come from the prototype during the Darkrai fight.

 

As Ryan's analysis on the enemy came in, however, Ray nodded to himself, and then aimed to fling out an Ice Shard at the closest target. However, before he could actually launch off his attack, he noticed a Razor Leaf attack fly toward the weak spots that Ryan had pointed out.

 

"Show off..." The Ice Suit mumbled without activating his comms, as he aimed at the second Magnemite-ripoff - specifically at one of the 'tendrils' and the umbilical cord. The separatist made sure to keep a close eye on the first one too, to make sure it didn't decide to shrug off the attacks.


Edited by Blessed Blade, Aug 29 2017 - 06:23 PM.

  • 0

#9436 Offline Metal Gear Minun

Metal Gear Minun
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

  • 31-July 03
  • 640 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2017 - 07:33 PM

IC: One Island

 

Jamie was the first one off Tier Climb. It hadn't quite landed yet, but the anticipation was killing her. She pulled forth a sword and began to charge.

 

"Jamie!" she heard a yell coming from above of the din of the helicopter's blades. James stepped out of the helicopter and spoke softer now that he could be heard.  "Shift gears, Jamie, do not charge off recklessly,"

 

"Oh right," she stopped herself. "I forgot about Shift Gear, thanks!" she said as she activated Shift Gear.

 

James sighed as he also activated his preparatory move. Not what he meant, but fine. He turned towards Lancelot, "Prepare to move on my signal," he instructed. The Scizor nodded. He was in a good mood, he felt ready to fight.

 

Richard waited for the helicopter to land on the ground before he got off the helicopter. He didn't exactly want to be the first one off when they were surrounded by Electric type things and he was effectively Water Type. He decided to stick behind the others and use WIthdraw to start. Wasn't a good time to start the show yet.

 

OOC:

 

Status:
James (+1 Def, +1Sp. Def)

Jamie (+2 Spd, +1 Atk)

Richard (+1 Def)


Edited by Metal Gear Minun, Aug 29 2017 - 07:43 PM.

  • 0

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg


#9437 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

  • 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2017 - 07:51 PM

IC: Ryan Sanders/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

"We'll be flying together, then?" Paul hadn't paid much heed to the mission talk, but at the mention of his name he perked up. "That should give us an adequate goodbye." Ellen did not respond. She had watched the tense conversation between Kyle and his father with silent intrigue, then devoted her attention back to the feed on Kyle's laptop.

 

Ryan frowned at Ellen before looking back at Xander. "Running back-end here must suck if you're that desperate. I think a preliminary investigation in Keturi would be good." He turned back to Kyle who seemed to be as focused on the footage from the power suits as Ellen was. "I understand if you'd rather stay here, but we could really use your help on this mission. Both to Keturi and our mission tomorrow." He could feel Chloe's eyes burning into his skull with an incredulous look. He ignored it. Sure, the Signs were probably the last group Kyle wanted to deal with right now, but he had clearly recovered enough to go on the Two Island mission. "It's your choice."

 

IC: Theodore Willows/Ava Willows - BRV3-AR "Lyre Play," One Island

The moment they touched down, Theodore deployed one of his decoy modules. Ava stepped out of the chopper alongside her husband and began implementing the Coil protocol. "Let's fan out," she said. "We don't want to risk the choppers getting hit in the crossfire."

 

"Already ahead of you." A duplicate of Theodore ran off into the woods while the real Theodore created an Aromatic Mist to help further boost his wife's defenses. "Let's get going. I can't effectively control that decoy if I can't see it."

 

IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron - BRV3-AR "Moment Record," One Island

At Ryan's report on the pseudo-Magnemite's typing, Dack cursed under his breath. "I'd hoped it would've maintained its Steel typing."

 

"Steel or not, I bet it'll still burn." Jayron had hopped to the ground and initiated a Dragon Dance. As the suit boosted his speed and power, he closed his eyes and scanned for Esen's aura. "Come on," he said, beckoning the others to follow. "She's this way."

 

"Madison, you coming?" Dack waved a hand through Madison's seat, but unless the Ghost Suit allowed her to turn ethereal, she had already left. "As if she wasn't already hard enough to keep up with."

 

"Your suit can track me, you know." Madison appeared behind Dack, causing the latter to jump and bang his head on the helicopter's roof.

 

"Ow . . . good to know." The Rocket lowered his helmet and activated his HUD. Even as Madison vanished from view, a notification popped up in his HUD showing her rough location. What the suit couldn't do was warn him that she was about to grab his hand and pull him off into the woods after Jayron. Madison had truly taken the executive's words to heart. Her top priority right now, after Dack's safety, was rescuing Esen from the faux Magnemite.

 

OOC:

Theodore: Aromatic Mist -> Ava; 1 decoy module deployed

Ava (+1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Accuracy, +1 Sp. Def): Coil -> Self

Jayron (+1 Atk, +1 Spd): Dragon Dance -> Self; using aura to sense Esen's location

Madison: cloak module activated


  • 0
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#9438 Offline Parugi

Parugi
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 27-September 06
  • 3,609 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 30 2017 - 12:11 AM

IC - Kyle Eston/Levi Alaric - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

Kyle offered an appreciative smile to Chloe, before looking back to Ryan and Xander. "There's no way I'm staying here while you all go off and knock the Signs around a little," he said. "So I'm with you as far as Kalos goes. The thing is, I don't know where we would even begin to find anything in the city about this, or if they're even still transporting Pokémon here now that Team Liberty knows about it." He shook his head. "For all we know, Team Liberty could be the ones that they're poaching for . . ." He paused, straightening up. "Wait. Victoire said that the Signs were following us in Dendemille because Shift thought we were there to meet him. Which means that he must have known someone was coming from Four Island." Kyle frowned. "But that still doesn't tell us anything . . ."

 

"Maybe that's something we should leave to someone else."

 

Sonja had appeared, apparently arriving early enough to have gathered enough context for the conversation. She offered a brief wave to everyone before sitting down near Levi and Ellen.

 

"I got your message." She nodded at Kyle's computer. "Poaching Pokémon seems a little less important than this, doesn't it? Or investigating Ford's base, for that matter."

 

"I guess," he said. "It's still important, though. There's no point fighting something that literally eats Pokémon if we're just going to let people metaphorically eat them." Kyle directed his attention back to the screen. Esen had fallen into conflict with something--Magnemite-like creatures. He tensed as he watched the chaos through Esen's eyes, cutting through the air in her attempts to evade them. "Looks like the fighting's started."

 

 

IC - Esen Windred/Goldhawk/Sleight/Skye Hall/Jackson Sang - Kotahi Village, One Island:

 

The air crackling behind her prompted Esen to duck. It was lucky that she did: Another Thunderbolt shot past her a second later, exploding against the side of a building. Not good enough. Her radar indicated she was close; nearby, she picked up readings from other Suits, confirming that they had landed. Esen leaned forward, directing Krow toward them.

 

As they broke out from between the streets and into a more open area, Esen saw two individuals approaching, which her HUD identified as the Ice- and Grass-Type Suits. She readied herself, pulling out Krow's Poké Ball. Behind her, the two Instances prepared for another attack. With a short count to three, Esen returned Krow, dropping herself to the ground, where she slid to a halt. The move could not have happened at a better time: Immediately, one of the Instances was engulfed in a Razor Leaf attack, and the other bombarded by Ice Shard attacks. Both spun out of control on their flight path, crashing into nearby houses and bouncing down into the streets.

 

Esen waved to Ray and Lucia, signaling her thanks as she ran forward to meet them. "Approaching craters," she called over her comm. "Be prepared--they may not be down for the count yet."

 

As it happened, one wasn't. Though clearly damaged, the Instance that Lucia had targeted was already beginning to pick itself up by the time Esen reached them. Its umbilical cord appeared to be heavily damaged, and it issued haphazard sparks from the blue line along the top of its body. The other Instance remained motionless on the ground, its cord severed by Ray's Ice Shard and another blade of ice wedged straight through one side and other the other. Bringing her hand forward, Esen took aim, launching an Air Cutter attack at the former. The blade of air sliced the rest of the way through its cord, causing it to elicit an electronic shriek before collapsing to the ground, where it continued its feeble attempts to rise.

 

"Targets down."

 

"Good work, everyone," Sleight called. "All choppers are successfully landed and all units are ground-bound."

 

"We're en route to your location, EP-3. Stay put for now. ETA five minutes," Goldhawk said. "EO-2, EP-1, cover remaining distance between yourselves and EP-3 and standby until we arrive."

 

"Understood, sir," Esen replied. Shutting off her comm, she finally allowed herself to breathe. That was certainly a way to enter the mission. Not her ideal way, but a way. Turning to the downed Instances, she stooped lower to inspect them, frowning. "Head's up, LP-3, TC-1: Both specimen appear to be intact enough for a return to base."

 

 

 

"Roger that, EP-3," Goldhawk responded, stepping out of his helicopter after Theodore and Ava. "Set markers for pick-up." He waved to the pilot. "We'll radio as soon as we're ready to go. Keep us informed of any changes over here, including any emergency departures."

 

"Will do, sir."

 

Goldhawk offered a thumbs up. He clicked on his comm again. "Entry Guard and Valley Watch, move into suitable position for beachside support--we'll be doing most of our fighting over there."

 

"Affirmative. Moving out."

 

As the groups of snipers headed off into the city, Goldhawk joined the rest of the Power Suit squad on their trek toward Esen, Ray, and Lucia's destination. Every now and then his HUD would light up with information on buffs activated by his allies. Taking note of this, Goldhawk activated the T-04's Charge attack. It wasn't much more than a Special Defense boost, but that would still be useful in a fight. Nearby, Skye and Sleight both activated different moves within their own armor--Quiver Dance and Rock Polish, preemptively improving their abilities.

 

"Everyone, keep an eye out," Goldhawk called. "We don't want these things sneaking up on us."

 

"Affirmative, sir," Sang responded. He cranked up his seismic sensors, increasing their range. "I've got the floor covered. Nothing so far."

 

"Let's hope it stays that way until we regroup with the others," Sleight said.


  • 0

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~


#9439 Offline MELON LORD

MELON LORD
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 01-July 15
  • 0 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2017 - 12:30 AM

IC: Xander Cruize

 

Xander glanced up at the woman who had approached and paused. She seemed familiar, but he couldn't quite place it. Still, simple process of elimination meant, "You must be Sonja." He sighed. "There's too much injustice in the world. I'd rather do something than just sit back and watch others do something." He stood. "Kyle, you're more than welcome to join the mission. We have two teams, but I'm sure Chloe or someone can fill you in.

 

"Sanders, you wanna go with me to see if the town has any good shops?"


  • 0

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.


#9440 Offline Dr. Hidaka

Dr. Hidaka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 09-June 03
  • 459 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 30 2017 - 02:06 AM

OOC: Bunnying approved by Minun

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

As James exited Tier Climb, Lafoyae executed her own preparations. The Assassin began executing her suit's Bulk Up protocol, flexing as she did so. She immediately felt the suit toughen up. Before she went out, she put out a request, via text, to James Arthur to pass on a Stockpile boost to her. She needed all the defense she could handle, especially considering Close Combat's drawbacks. The Liberty Executive accepted, as the Rocket operative approached him. James perfomed a Baton Pass on Lafoyae, boosting her defensive capabilities even moreso. Not too soon after that, James had executed his Psyche Up command, copying the boosts the Assassin had.

"TC-3, ready to fight."


Edited by Dr. Hidaka, Aug 30 2017 - 02:06 AM.

  • 0




1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Flipz