• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

RPG Pokémon

• Please log in to reply
10482 replies to this topic

#10481 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2018 - 11:36 PM

IC: Miriam Shields/Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Luke - Miriam's Office, Team Rocket Vermilion Outpost
The door to Miriam's office opened as the trio from Snowpoint walked in. "I got your message, Ms. Shields," Dack said as he approached the desk. "But before we get to business, I need to make sure I can trust you."

Behind the dark-haired trainer, Madison facepalmed. "Really, Dack? Are you going to do this to every person we meet?"

Miriam scowled as Dack brought memories of yesterday fresh to mind. "Agent Majors. If I had been replaced with a monster wearing a human's face, why would I wait here for you to come to me? I would already be off, killing more important targets. And if you're really that paranoid," she said pushing the tablet on her desk over to Dack. "Just check people with a camera and don't waste my time."

Dack hesitantly reached out to grab the tablet, never taking his eyes off Miriam. Activating the camera feature, he aimed the device at her. He visibly relaxed when the screen showed the person sitting across from him really was Miriam Shields. "See, I told you there was nothing to worry about," Luke said as Madison shook her head in disbelief.

"Thanks," Dack said, ignoring his friends' comments as he placed the tablet back on the desk. "Now, you said you could help with the Sanders case?"

Miriam sighed. Both at the fact that Dack really needed to check, and Dack's actual question. "I said I had information. Would you like the good news first?"

Dack nodded. "Even if it's just information, we appreciate your support."

"Alright," Miriam replied. "The good news is they had no criminal record before being arrested for aiding and abetting a known Liberty fugitive. It wouldn't be impossible for us to release them as an act of good faith to Team Liberty."

"That's fantastic." Dack leaned forward. "Would you be willing to put in a good word on their behalf?"

"Hold it." Madison placed a hand on Dack's shoulder, a deep frown etched on her face as she looked at Miriam. "You said that's the good news. What's the bad news?"

"The bad news," Miriam said, "is that we don't have them anymore. They were being relocated from Hoenn to Johto during the Darkrai attacks on Hoenn. Their transport was attacked in the middle of the ocean. Only your two prisoners went missing. That would normally support the report's claim that Team Liberty was behind it..."

"Liberty doesn't have them," Dack assured her. "If they did, the Sanders kid wouldn't be looking for them."

"Then I'm afraid, we don't know where they are anymore."

There was a long silence as Dack mulled over this revelation. It was Luke of all people who finally spoke up. "Would you happen to have a copy of the report on the incident?" he asked. "I think the kid will want to know what happened."

Miriam nodded. She pulled out some documents. "I'll need you to fill out some forms if you're planning to show it to him, but yes."

"What can you tell us about the attack?" Madison asked as Dack started filling out the paperwork. "Anything that might point to who did it?"

Miriam looked at her tablet. After a few button presses, the report was in front of her. She began to recite phrases from it. "A Gyarados and a Sceptile were spotted during the attack. The Gyarados attacked the ship. It was initially thought that the Gyarados was wild... There was a cloaked man accompanying the Sceptile."

"Just one man?" Luke gave a low whistle. "The kid's parents must have friends in high places to warrant something like that. Or else they had one heck of a price on their heads."

"Either way, we'll get to the bottom of this." Dack straightened the pile of completed paperwork and handed it to Miriam. "Thank you again for your assistance."

IC: Ryan Sanders - ???
It was hopeless. Quil, for all his valiant efforts, had been knocked down in a single hit. Gluttony hadn't even acknowledged the attack. The Instances regarded them as little more than bothersome fleas. Every fiber of Ryan's being told him to run, to get out while he still could. But his muscles wouldn't respond. His fear shackled him to the ground and he could only watch as Adams and Gluttony laid waste to his friends.

That was when Adams flew into the air. A flash of light emanated from her wings, blinding in its brilliance. In one final attempt to defend himself Ryan raised a hand against the light.

Then there was nothing but darkness. A suffocating silence enveloped him, his ears ringing from its magnitude. The sounds of battle abruptly cut off as if they had never existed in the first place. Perhaps this had all been a bad dream. Except he couldn't wake up. The darkness pressed in from all sides and stretched out across eternity. He was drowning in nothingness. Lost in the endless expanse. A slave to the void.

Either he was dead, killed in the blast of Adams' attack, or he had finally snapped under the weight of all his stress. Either scenario was equally likely. Bringing his hands to his head, he fell to his knees and screamed. But no sound escaped from his lips in this deafening prison.

As if in response to his silent scream, a spark flickered into existence. Although it was several hundred feet away, its orange glow was blinding amidst the surrounding darkness. The spark grew into an orb of light, then morphed into a human-like shape, walking ever closer to where Ryan lay. The glow slowly faded, revealing the human form of Albero DeLargo. The man regarded Ryan with a cold sneer. "Pathetic. Didn't even have the strength to run away. Are you really that dense? We might as well have been waving neon signs over our heads saying 'Danger! High chance of injury or death!' and you just stood there gawking like an idiot."

Ryan slowly pulled his head from his hands as he looked up at the Sin. "Am I dead, then?" he asked in a shaking voice.

Albero gave a sharp laugh. "That'd be an improvement, for all the good you've done. I thought our little encounter in Fortree was supposed to have changed you. Made you into a better man." Gluttony shook his head. "Looks to me like you've actually gotten worse, Sanders. Who would've thought? I'm disappointed in you."

"I tried." Ryan shrank back from the approaching Sin, his breaths growing short. The void seemed to be doing its best to squeeze the life out of him, and his response felt as feeble as a Magikarp on land.

"Not hard enough," Albero said. The man started pacing back and forth. "Let's do some quick math here. Not twenty-four hours after you resolve to rid yourself of your attention-seeking gluttonous ways, you name yourself leader of this little search party. And how do you lead your oh-so-faithful followers? You let Ray get abducted after promising to protect him. You just about broke poor Chloe's spirit in her moment of greatest vulnerability. And don't even get me started on what you did to Dahlia. Just because you held the power of Giratina in your hands for a brief moment, what right does that give you to name yourself her mentor?"

Ryan's eyes grew wide. "No . . ." he gasped even as the breath escaped from his lungs. "I wasn't trying to--"

Gluttony spread out his arms, a toothy grin on his face. "The great Ryan Sanders, everybody! Misleads a hapless young girl into thinking he can solve all her problems! Isn't he just great? And what does he do when things go horribly wrong like they always do? He discards her like yesterday's garbage to fend for herself. Then when she inevitably goes crawling to someone who's actually qualified to train her, he sees him as the enemy, trying to steal someone he already abandoned. Newsflash, Sanders! It's not always about you! The world doesn't revolve around your personal storyline! Knowing what you've done these past few weeks, can you really look me in the eye and tell me you're a good person? Or are you still clinging onto the pathetic excuse that you tried? You can't outrun your sins, Sanders. They always come back to haunt you."

"I . . . I defeated you once," Ryan growled through gritted teeth, fighting against the suffocating darkness with every fiber of his being. "I'll just defeat you again."

"You can never defeat me." Gluttony leaned in close, a twisted smile on his face as his body began to morph. He changed not into the towering monster like Ryan was expecting, but into the spitting image of Ryan Sanders himself. It was like looking into a mirror, only his tainted reflection lorded over him like a cruel master beating a slave. "You can't defeat me, because I am you!"

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#10482 Offline Blessed Blade

Blessed Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Papika

• 11-August 07
  • 8,066 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 18 2018 - 02:18 AM

-==IC: Ray Hakuda -- ???==-

There was a bright light, then it felt like Ray's mind went blank.

Ray felt like he was floating as he opened his eyes. Where am I...? The Separatist wondered as he tried to look around. As he did so, something felt like it had twisted. A moment later, Ray tumbled down from what appeared to be a bed.

"What just happened?" Ray asked out loud, as he slowly stood up. It looked like it was early morning - was that what the light was about? Was this all a big bad dream? He shook his head as he stretched. Well, no need to worry about it right now. Let's just get the day started.

-==IC: Chloe Hikari -- ???==-

Chloe shielded her eyes as the light washed over her. There was an odd feeling as she lowered her arm - something felt different about everything. Before she could process much, she heard the sound of footsteps approaching.

"Heya softie. Long time no see, huh?" A blonde girl walked up to Chloe, treading on the lightly snow-covered grass as she did so. The girl looked familiar to the psychic girl, but something felt different. As if the girl was older. "Yuki, you're spacing out; usually you'd respond by now." The blonde placed a hand on her hip as she frowned slightly at the psychic's silence.

"Madeleine?" Chloe tentatively asked, not sure why she couldn't quite place things for certain. The blonde chuckled and nodded as she fished a Poké Ball from her belt. "Wait, when did your hair get that long?"

"When did yours get that short? The Yuki I know wouldn't've ever let scissors near her hair to the point where it was even shoulder length." Madeleine pointed to the auburn-haired woman's hair. Chloe fell quiet, as the other woman had a point. "Still. I figured I'd give it another shot. Doesn't really matter, though - let's battle for old time's sake." The blonde grinned, as she threw out a Poké Ball, a Croconaw popping out moments later.

"I feel like I should be doing something though..." Chloe frowned slightly, as she thought she saw the flash of a shape in the distance - but when she looked, she didn't see anything there.

"Huh?" Madeleine frowned as she glanced in the direction that Chloe was looking. "Yuki, you're spacing out again. You seem more prone to doing that than you did four years ago. Anyway, we'll be quick. I'll just stomp you into the ground like usual."

"Hey, I think you only won like twice, and once was because I hadn't actually gotten anything but my Cyndaquil yet." Chloe retorted, as she fished Ren's Poké Ball off her belt, sending out the Luxray. The electric type gently roared, as Chloe pointed forward. "Thunder Fang!" Wait, but... that won't do anything, will it?

The Luxray shot forward and clamped her jaws around the Croconaw, electricity crackling around in the process. Some things were starting to feel extremely weird to the psychic girl. Madeleine simply sighed, however, as she recalled her now-fainted Croconaw.

"You've gotten a ton stronger since we last fought." The blonde woman said, as she placed her hands behind her head. "Sheesh, it's like I never stood a chance. I'm not even gonna try to continue on now--"

"What's going on?" Chloe asked with a frown, as Madeleine hesitated. "This isn't like you at all; that was just your first Pokémon. Plus, Ren shouldn't have been able to do what just happened. And--"

"Of course Ren would be able to do that. She's super strong now, and has a super good attack that's effective on my Pokémon."

... wait, she? ... I'm not going to ask right now. Chloe, nearly successfully distracted, frowned as she placed a hand to her head. "No, no, that shouldn't have happened. Ren doesn't even know that move anymore, I replaced it a few months ago. Plus, Pokémon can't use attacks right now." She glanced around. "No, none of this makes sense..."

She froze, as Madeleine's hand wrapped around her arm tightly. When had she moved across the field? "It makes perfect sense." The blonde woman said in a not-too-patient tone, staring down Chloe in a manner more fitting to the Madeleine she used to know. "Don't question these things; hasn't it been five years since we last saw each other?"

-==IC: Ryan Hikari -- Vermilion City==-

Ryan yawned as he opened his eyes. The black haired man glanced over at the room's door as it opened. After a few moments, he saw Shannon and Aori walk in with food in tow.

"Heya, breakfast in bed? I feel like royalty." There was a smile on his face as he rubbed his eyes. Ryan took the plate of food he was handed by Aori, then set it down on his lap as he glanced through his messages. "How's things been? Looks like the video thingy is later today, but did we have any other plans?"

-==IC: Olivia Seaton -- Battle Chateau==-

Olivia fell quiet for a little bit. "I guess..." She glanced out the hall's window for a moment, as she seemed lost in thought. "I'm sorry about that too. I dunno if Aspen and I'll get along for more than a few minutes, but I shouldn't've just left y'all without considering everything. I was just so lost back then that it felt like the only option. 'Course, Corey didn't help much there either, but still, I coulda done better."

The young woman glanced over at Dahlia after that. "Changing the subject quick, but what do ya think of this motley crew we've got going on here?"

#10483 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2018 - 07:37 PM

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Battle Chateau
"They're pretty cool." Dahlia shrugged off the question, but Olivia's persistent stare urged her to give a more thorough answer. The gardener stared at her distorted reflection in the suit of armor as she let out a long sigh. "I guess that's the thing; as people, they're cool. They'd make a great group of friends. But fighters?" She bit her lip, unsure whether or not she should really say what was on her mind. Olivia's glance eventually convinced her to continue, albeit in a lowered voice. "To be honest, it doesn't really feel like we're the ideal team for this mission. Out of all of us, you, Jared, and Colleen are the only ones I'd say are qualified to be here. Everyone else either doesn't know what they're doing or doesn't even care about the urgency." She gestured around at the luxurious hallway. "Like, what are we even doing here when we're supposed to be looking into Team Flare? If Flare is anything like what Mr. Zyther described, then I feel like Xander put way too much faith in us."

She took a deep breath to calm her nerves before glancing back at her sister. "Sorry, I've just had a lot on my mind lately. What do you think is up with Xander, anyway? I know he can be a little impulsive, but it sounds like he did something serious."

"Hmm... I'm not really sure there. Ya got a point that it feels oddly serious. I haven't really known the guy too long, but it still sounded different..." Olivia frowned slightly at that as she thought over what Xander could have done.

"I mean, I don't know him too well either, although I did spend about a week on a boat with him, which is basically an eternity, so . . ." Dahlia chuckled to herself before letting a silence fall between the sisters. It was a moment before Dahlia hesitantly spoke up again. "Going back to the original subject . . . who's this Corey guy and what's he have to do with you joining Team Rocket?"

IC: Shannon Willows - Hotel, Vermilion City
Shannon took a seat across from Ryan and stared closely at him. Dack's warning echoed in her mind, and in the back of her mind she half-expected Ryan to suddenly turn into another one of those monsters. She immediately berated herself for letting such a thought cross her mind. If Ryan wasn't himself, she would know. Nevertheless, she found herself continuing to study his face until he repeated his earlier question. "You're kind of zoning out there, Shannon. I was asking if we had any other plans."

Quickly regaining her composure, Shannon glanced over at Aori. "Well now that we've found Aori, our next task is to find her parents. I was thinking we could check around some of the refuge centers while you did your video thing with that Shields lady. Those places generally have a list of names of people who've evacuated, right? Anyway, we can meet up with you when you're done. If we don't find Aori's parents first. I mean, even if we do find them we'll probably all meet up so you could say goodbye to Aori . . ." She glanced down at the young girl, trying not to let her conflicted feelings show. While she wouldn't dream of keeping Aori from her parents, she found herself growing attached to the girl. It would be a bittersweet moment when they finally parted ways.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users