Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Ryan

Ryan felt the heat on his back as Gaia's Sunny Day intensified the sunlight. And he knew that this was the moment he had been waiting for.

Remaining hidden in the blinding rays of the sun, Ryan urged Togie into a Sky Attack against the Blaziken that Kane had just sent out. The wind rushed against his face as the Togekiss folded its wings, increasing their speed. The Liberty Agent was heedless of the danger that was imminent by thrusting himself into the battle against such powerful opponents. Hopefully, the bright sunlight would keep them hidden from the Blaziken and its trainer until the moment of their attack.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Evan Tierra/Feral Tierra

Feral watched as both his pokemon were hit hard by the attacks aimed at them. He was getting quite angry. Especially at Evan, who seemed to be grinning at Feral's current situation.

"I guess I will have to change that." Feral thought angrily.

"Swampert and Excadrill to me!", Feral said, as his pokemon trudged towards him, "You know what? Enough of this farce! I just want the Hero of Space crippled!"

With those words, Feral's Swampert and Excadrill melted into him. The Spacial Horror did not changed appearance despite this. He then rushed towards Monstro and started to punch him in the stomach rapidly. Evan sent out Lazengann to attempt to get Feral away from Monstro.

"Use Drill Run before he hurts Monstro too much!" Evan shouted frantically.

Lazengann ran towards Feral and folded up into a drill aiming to at least stop Feral from hurting Monstro more. Feral suddenly whirled around before Lazengann made impact, and kicked Lazengann away. Monstro gasped, his lower torso aching with pain. The Mud Fish pokemon collapsed before Evan's eyes, breathing very weakly.......

Edited by Hades

-==IC: Jenny==-

Jenny growled, upset and annoyed at that, as she threw two Pokeballs over toward Evan, and they appeared, effectively shielding him, as the Eelektross and Chandelure glared angrily at Feral.

"I won't allow this to continue." Jenny stated, a calm anger appearing; as if there was one thing not to do, it was to injure Pokemon like that in front of her.

IC: Evan Tierra/Feral Tierra, Opelucid City

Feral took a deep and crossed his arms. He then suddenly broke the pose, roaring as he did so, and a wave of violet spacial energy came forth from him, knocking away the Eelektross and Chandelure. Feral turned towards the dazed Lazengann, smirking as he did so.

"Now then, where were we?", Feral said in a voice that oozed with contempt as he grabbed the Excadrill by his two feet, "OH YES. THIS IS WHERE WE LEFT OFF AT!"

Feral then threw the Excadrill onto the ground, causing him to squeal in pain. Feral grabbed Lazengann again, and repeated the motion. Evan's eyes filled with tears as he saw what Feral was doing to his Excadrill. He had to stop this thing's rampage before he could possibly kill one of his pokemon.

"Lazengann and Monstro, return!" Evan said in a voice that only echoed with defeat.

"Oh, what's this?", Feral said, clearly delighted by this statement, "Is the widdle Hero of Space giving up? This is surprising, as you would usually fight on. Well, if I can't beat on your Pokemon, I guess I will settle for you!"

Evan was shocked as Feral rushed towards him and knocked him down with a single punch to the upper chest. Evan felt the air get knocked out of him as he fell.

"You really are all talk.", Feral said, "You grandstand and talk about how great you and your pokemon are. But in the end? YOU ARE ALL TALK."

Feral then started to kick at Evan's fallen body. Evan's vision blackened as he lost consciousness due to both the pain of being beaten up by Feral, and the heartbreak of seeing two of his partners being so savagely beat up.

He had lost.

Jenny growled, as she returned her Pokemon, and dashed toward Feral quickly.

"Stop this, now!" Jenny yelled out, as she threw Sandlite's Pokeball at Feral's face, the Krookodile appearing and trying to use a Fire Fang on him right at the very last second. In response, she also prepared the other two Pokeballs for use in continuing to keep Feral away from Evan, not willing to give up, not this time, not at all.

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Feral Tierra, Opelucid City

"Awww, look at that, hero.", Feral said mockingly, "Someone actually wants to help you. Too bad it's uttterly hopeless! This battle was lost for him the moment he decided to come here!"

Feral then turned and started to walk towards Jenny, his aura growing more and more intimidating as he advanced. Suddenly, a flash of light appeared from one of Evan's poke balls, causing Feral to turn around.

"You despicable creature!", said a booming voice that even made Feral uneasy, "You have harmed my friend and made a mockery of the people I swore to protect! For this, you shall pay!"

Leaping out of the flash of light was Landorus, whose eyes burned with contempt for Feral. The Abundance Pokemon had never really felt this way before, acting out of rage like he was doing. Landorus roared and charged Feral knocking him off his feet. Almost immediately after, Landorus smashed one of his paws onto the creature, causing Feral to roar with pain and rage.

"WHAT'S THE MATTER?", Landorus said angrily, "Don't like it when things are not working your way? This is your just reward for hurting Evan Tierra! There will be no escape for you, creature."

Edited by Hades

Jenny was surprised at what happened as much as Feral probably was, but nodded.

Landorus wants to protect Evan as well. Jenny thought, as he slowed to a stop, since her getting hurt because of getting caught between the two probably wouldn't do anything good.

I won't interfere. Jenny thought, and instead ran over to where Evan was, hoping she could wake him up somehow.

OOC: Hey, guys! Just a reminder to anyone interested, we are having a group discussion on the wiki right now. We'll be discussing general aspects of Rise of the Rockets, as well as answering questions and talking about favorite plots and characters and whatnot. If you wanna join, just go to your profile on riseoftherockets.wikia.com and click the "Start Chat" button located on the right of the screen--it should be pretty easy to find.

Hope to see you there--it should be pretty fun!

~Parugi

(also, post coming later today, hopefully--stay tuned!)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Jake

"Well, even if she isn't all here, she is still awesome!" At that moment, Pikachu was sufficiently creeped out enough to hide behind Jake's head with his eyes shut tight. "Heh... well, I am sure Pikachu will warm up to her. Eventually." He turned to look at the Honedge floating on the ground, carefully avoiding the Espurr's gaze. "So, what about your Honedge? I've never seen one before. Where'd you meet it?"

"I can agree with that." Noticing the glare from the floating sword, Jake grinned. "I didn't know that a floating sword with one eye could be so expressive. Personally, I think that their entire evolution line are really cool, and their unique typing covers a lot of weaknesses."

OOC: After how much I hyped up Ellen's plot in our discussion yesterday, here's to hoping I haven't set your expectations too high. :P

IC: Ellen Burks - Forest Surrounding Fortree

The sound of running water gradually grew louder as they reached a steep cliff that led to the river that flowed west of Fortree. Ellen paused. In addition to the sound of the current, she heard a soft rustling. Turning around, she saw some tall blades of grass slowly shifting. Two menacing eyes peered from the shrubbery. At Ellen's side, Artemis tensed for battle and Terry uttered a low growl. Maturin stood in between them, ready for whatever might come out of the grass, while Duo floated frantically in circles.

Suddenly a white form rushed not from the patch of grass but into it. A Zangoose emerged, clutching a struggling Chrono. Clearly disappointed with his find, the Zangoose tossed the Purrloin aside and continued to glance around the trees anxiously, hardly paying attention to the stunned companions.

"Chrono?" Ellen cried in surprise, rushing up to the feline. "What were you doing?" Even as she asked, Ellen felt she already knew. Not once in the past six months had Chrono seemed to give up his pranks. No doubt he had been planning to scare them by jumping out of the tall grass.

From another bush, a Seviper launched itself at the Zangoose, who whirled around to try and block the attack. Grabbing Chrono and ducking behind a tree for safety, Ellen watched the struggle unfold. "Zangoose and Seviper," she said. "Those two species are mortal enemies. They're constantly fighting."

Sounds like what Team Rocket and Team Liberty once did, Duo said as he floated just below the branches of the tree. Or like what my mind is doing right now!

"Are some struggles truly destined to never end?" Ellen asked as she watched the two Pokémon exchange blows. Holding the squirming Chrono close to her chest, Ellen glanced toward Artemis. "Do you think you can stop them?"

This wasn't exactly the sort of battle Artemis was hoping for, but the Mienshao nevertheless leapt into the fray, extending her arms to keep the two opponents apart. The Zangoose snarled furiously and raised a paw to swipe the unexpected interruption aside. Fast as lightning, Artemis punched the Zangoose, sending it tumbling into the forest's undergrowth. Artemis turned her gaze to the Seviper, warning the snake against making a similar mistake.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: Lord, this is long. :P Consider this an IC post for my first character, whose name will be revealed below. Also, pretend this happened a few days ago, so he's had time to get to Eterna City by now. ;)

[The First]

==Present Day==

The sound of his boots on the pebbled beach. Now there was a sound he hadn't heard in a long time. Nearly a decade, in fact. But he remembered it well, just as well as when he'd first heard it five years before that day...

==Twelve Years Ago==

"Hello there, sir, you seem to be lost. Might I be of assistance?"

The young man looked up, seeing an elderly man in a blue shirt and a long brown coat looking out across the water. He had no idea how long the man had been watching him--so lost had he been in the crunch-crunch of boots on pebbles that he'd hardly noticed the presence of a town along this section of shore. "Lost--that's a good word for it," he replied, "but I doubt there's any way you could help."

The older man approached, and now the young man could see the small briefcase he carried with him. "Well, perhaps you could help me, then. I was supposed to meet someone here to compare notes on our research, but he hasn't arrived yet. You wouldn't happen to have seen a boat out across the water while you were walking, would you?" The young man shook his head, but the old man seemed undeterred. "Ah, well. My name is Rowan. However, everyone just calls me the Pokémon Professor. I conduct research on Pokémon evolution here in Sinnoh. Hmm...I take it from your dress that you're not from around here?"

The young man looks down at himself, the loose cut of his leather coat and olive pants standing in stark contrast to the clean, businesslike look of the professor's. Further along the shore, some children played, bundled in knit caps and scarves on this overcast day. The young man nods, seeing no reason--nor way--to hide his foreign origins.

"Tell me, what is your name?"

==Present Day==

As he walked into town, a beam of light pierces the fog, followed shortly by the Policewoman whose flashlight had created it. The whoosh of feathers sounded overhead, and a moment later a large Noctowl had landed behind him, gauging him intently with its large, almost luminous eyes.

"Excuse me, Trainer, but who are you?"

==Twelve Years Ago==

"A.Z."

"A-Z...Your name is 'As'?"

"...my initials. If you must have it, my name is..."

==Present Day==

"...Adam Zynthic."

"And what are you doing, wandering this place at this hour?"

"I live here."

"In Sangdem?" The officer stopped writing momentarily, giving Adam an incredulous look.

"Eterna City."

"Really. For how long?"

"Twelve years..."

==Twelve Years Ago==

"If I may ask, Adam, how long have you been walking?"

"A while."

"And where from, might I ask?"

"..."

"...Hm. Is this your first time in Sinnoh? If you need advice, I'm certainly capable of giving it."

"Thanks. But it's time I moved on." Turning from the Pokémon Professor, Adam started walking up the beach toward Sangdem Town.

==Present Day==

Mirroring the events of the past, Adam abruptly resumed his advance north. The policewoman followed, her Noctowl taking to the sky once more.

"It's not safe to be wandering these parts at this hour, sir, especially in this weather. At least we don't have to worry about the war anymore, but our whole ecosystem's been upset by everything that's happened. The Pokémon--"

Without missing a beat, Adam withdrew a Pokéball from his coat, releasing a Grotle that began walking impassively at his side. "I appreciate the concern, but we'll be fine." He holds the coat open, indicating two more Pokéballs stored inside.

==Twelve Years Ago==

As Adam approached the foot of Route 202, the Pokémon Professor hurried to catch up to him.

"Hold it! Where do you think you're going?!"

"Honestly? I have no idea. On, I suppose."

"But you don't seem to have any Pokémon, do you?" At Adam's shrug, Rowan shakes his head. "Well, you're not going to get very far without a Pokémon to protect you." Rowan quickly opened his briefcase, rummaging around inside for something. "You're a bit old for this, but I simply can't let you wander off unprotected. Heaven only knows how you made it this far without any Pokémon... Ah, here it is. Now--Piplup, Chimchar, or Turtwig?"

Adam cocks his head, unfamiliar with the names. "Turtwig?" he asks incredulously, his eyebrow raised.

Mistaking the question for a choice, Rowan extracts a Pokéball from the briefcase and throws it to Adam. Adam instinctively catches it, his thumb brushing the button and releasing the Pokémon inside. Suddenly, a large, green turtle-like creature fills his arms.

"There you go," Rowan says. "A grass-type--and an especially faithful one at that. At least now I can rest easy knowing you'll be safe, wherever it is you're headed."

"Huh. It's no Chespin..." The little Pokémon croons, and for the first time a hint of a smile appears on the young man's face. He sets the little creature down. "You'll do fine. C'mon, Wiggy." He turns and resumes his walk toward the road as Rowan calls after him.

"If you have any trouble, come see me at my lab here in Sangdem Town. In fact, you're welcome to stay a while now, if you'd like."

Adam stops and looks back at the Pokémon Professor, Wiggy following his new Trainer's lead. "Thanks, Professor. But like I said, it's time I moved on." He resumes walking, adding, "Maybe next time," before Pokémon and Trainer disappear into the underbrush.

==Seven Years Ago==

"...Hm. Good as it is to hear from you again, Adam, you seem to have taken the 'trouble' part of my invitation too literally. I would have been happy just to see you and your Wiggy again."

"Please, Professor, we discussed this in Veilstone--there's nothing wrong with Galactic, they're just not my style."

"Then why are you leaving Sinnoh? Hm?"

"Remember what I told you, all those years ago? The war's heating up, and if I stick around...I'm not a soldier. I don't want to be strong. I just want to be free."

"My offer still stands, you know. I'd be happy for a new assistant, particularly one who cares for his Pokémon as much as you do."

"Thanks...but it's time I moved on."

Rowan sits in his chair, fingers steepled. "Hmm...Well, if you're sure..." He stands up and goes to his desk, retrieving his briefcase and opening it.

"Professor--"

"Hm! We exist side by side with Pokémon. Just as there comes a time when people should meet Pokémon, there comes a time when Pokémon need to meet people." He extracts two Pokéballs from the briefcase, holding them both in one hand as he displays them to the Trainer. "These two have been waiting for the right Trainer for some time. There is a world that should be explored together. For them, today is that time. The Trainer, right here. The place...well, that part's up to you."

The Grotle Wiggy grunts, nudging Adam closer to the Professor. With a glance at his companion, Adam reluctantly accepts the gift. "Thanks, I guess." Storing the balls in one of his overlarge coat pockets, he extends a hand to the aged Professor who takes it gladly. "Goodbye, Professor Rowan."

As the pair walk out the door of the laboratory, Rowan sighs. "Goodbye, Adam. And good luck."

==Present Day==

"Sir, I'm just trying to look out for your safety, like I look out for the safety of any other civilian. Please don't make my job any more difficult than it has to be."

Adam stops. "Officer, I understand, but really, I'm fine. We don't need your help."

"Please, sir, just stay in the Pokémon Center, just until the sun's up. I know you think you can handle yourself, but Jubilife's been busy with the rebuilding efforts, so they haven't been able to do much to keep the routes safe. That makes it my turf, and I don't want anyone getting hurt on my watch." The young woman's concern was palpable.

Adam pauses, before delivering the line he'd used so many times in this town. "Thanks...but it's time I moved on." And just as he'd done twelve years ago, he and Wiggy vanished into the underbrush, not once looking back.

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC:

"Yeah. Though I do wonder where the other sword comes from..." Arius trailed off. "Oh well. There's no point on dwelling on that now. You should get your Pokemon to a Pokecenter. There's one back in Sandgem town, or you could come with me out to...somewhere. I dunno where I want to go. Jubilife? Eterna City? I've never really left Sandgem town..."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

"Well, I do need to go to Jubilife to pick up some stuff, but after that I was thinking about maybe challenging the Pokemon league. Ever since I was little, I have watched gym battles and league battles, and just felt compelled to try my hand at it." Jake smiled, lost in thought for a few moments before continuing. "Going to the Pokecenter is one of my top priorities at the moment. After that... You said Eterna City, right? Oreburgh is on the way, so I would be game for going there. Are you up for that?" Pikachu chose that moment peek out from behind Jake's head, breathing a sigh of relief when he saw Eyes was no longer staring a him.

IC:

"Well, you can come along with me. I just want to explore. My parents kept me at home after I went out and caught these two."

Eyes's gaze suddenly snapped towards Pikachu, and Arius looked down at her.

"...Okay, she really is starting to scare me. I didn't expect her to act like this. So, back in the pokeball you go, Eyes."

The creepy Espurr disappeared within a simple Pokeball.

"I'll leave Hexcalibur out, though. He's not being creepy and scaring your Pikachu."

The sword chimed happily at this statement.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Jake grinned. "Sounds great. Luckily, Jubilife isn't too far away, so we should be there soon."

Jake repressed the urge to chuckle when Pikachu hid (again) behind his hat, only coming out when he was sure the Espurr was gone. The small electric mouse Pokemon waved to the Honedge, uttering a single "Pika!" in greeting.

OOC:

The small electric mouse Pokemon waved to the Honedge, uttering a single "Pika!" in greeting.

I would like an official word on the ways Pokemon express themselves, because I have always disliked the anime having them say their names. And they don't do that in the game either...

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

OOC: To be fair Pikachu does in X and Y. Been talking with Pears over Skype about it, and he'll likely say it depends on the narrator.

In my case that would be: take the game sounds, plus saying their names, plus animalistic sounds, throw 'em in a bag, shake the bag for an hour, and open the bag.

IC: After a short trip to the Liberty Pokémon center and a short walk filled with conversation, Richard was staring off into space with a look of intrigue and awe as Claus spoke of Team Liberty. The former had asked the latter about what exactly this whole "Team Liberty" thing was up to, and thus Claus began speaking of the history of Team Rocket came to power, and how Liberty came up to resist them. The agent was sitting on the ground telling the standing agent to-be

At one point Richard broke his trance quick enough to interrupt his fellow "So Team Plasma's been keeping this silent for over a decade while this wars been raging on."

"That's the gist of it. Made it hard to get any news of my folks at any rate."

"Just think of it..." Richard began mumbling as he laid down on the ground. Hades shivered as he saw the look on Richard's face. The Sableye knew exactly what the musician wanted to do.

Then Claus made a mistake. He made the mistake of asking what Richard thought of the whole situation.

"Absolutely inspiring," he said getting up Hades already covering his ears.

"So absolutely inspiring... I will, no I must, I am obligated to future generations to. I WILL WRITE THE EPIC OF IT THAT THE BARDS AND TROUBADOURS SHALL SING OF IT FOR ETERNITY!

"...kaaaaay?"

Richard turned back to Claus almost looking insulted, "What don't believe I can do it?"

"Well for one, are there any bards or troubadours around?" the younger trainer asked

"Why my good sir, you are looking right at one!"

Claus chuckled a bit at that, "Fair enough."

Getting, shaking his head however, he said "I just don't like that you don't seem to be taking this business seriously."

"Claus." The younger trainer could of sworn the temperature dropped several degrees at that moment. A smile was still on his face, but all warmth had disappeared. "I am always serious when it comes to music. I truly believe that the stories told from this conflict could be worth those of the epics of old. Whether they are tragedy or tales of glory still remains to be seen."

And shattering the mood as quick it came, warmth restored the bard said "Now is that free food line still open, I'm hungry again."

Recovering from the shock of the moment, Claus and Hades realized that Richard was already hungry again despite how such little time had passed since they last raided the cafeteria...and how much of a death sentence it would be for them to return considering what happened last time is still being cleaned up...

The trainer and the other's Pokémon decided (the latter after some reluctance) that they had a bard to save.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC - Kane - Opelucid:

At Sonja's words, his true face would flash, showing a horrific image. Bright red eyes would dull to crimson, as the rage within him began to boil. He bit his lips to the point of drawing blood, sharp fangs glistening in the bright sun. His mind was racing, his body seething. He expected that his influence was strong enough that he could at least coax some sort of mental struggle, but there was something about the people he was facing. Their minds were much stronger than those he had already placed under his suggestion. And the fact that he was losing? That did not help. Did not help at all. But there was something else... Something was preventing his power from being as it was. The creature's face opened wide its mouth, revealing an abyss of fangs and darkness, letting loose a mental roar throughout those under his influence.

All at once, the people dropped their heads, seemingly not paying any attention to anything anymore. The one recording the battle would themselves cease paying attention as the feed was cut. Kane hoped enough people would see what appeared to be an attack upon Opelucid by outside forces. After all, that would be all that those here would remember.

Gaigan’s eyes darted at the Bisharp and the Zangoose who both leaped up. At the same time, it noticed the Tri-Attack headed directly for it. With glisten of the eye, Gaigan would rush directly forward, aiming to take the attack head-on, and use the momentum of the damage to escape from the other two attackers. Once out of the way, Gaigan would attempt a Dark Void upon her foes… and she didn’t intend to hit the Pokémon. Still, she thought it was fairly strange that everyone was targeting her, completely unaware of anything else that may be around.

As if on cue, while Kitheus was locked on, Kane’s Kangaskhan appeared through the crowd, still in a fighting state, her arm began glowing brightly as she attempted to take advantage of the focus on the Ancient with a Hammer Arm. She wasn’t going to last much longer, but she was still capable of packing a punch.

In a burst of flame, the Blaziken rushed forward at an incredible speed, her powers now amplified by the Sun’s rays. Her eyes were dead set on Gaia, as an aura of flame surrounded her, ready to deliver a full-force Flare Blitz. It paid no heed to the incoming Sky Attack, merely taking care to try to position itself around the Team Liberty Pokémon and Opelucid citizens, in the event of such an attack.

“This hardly seems fair. Do you really feel the need to send so many Pokémon against my three? That’s hardly a fair fight.” Kane yawned, trying to put on a façade of not caring, while he raged internally. “No wonder their forces always seem so scattered. Always going for the overkill.”

Up above, Van Harrison continued to watch, his eyes focused intently on Kane. Whatever it was he was doing confused him. It seemed as if it had no real purpose. What even was he? Was he connected to Envy? Van had no idea. All that the thing seemed to be doing was causing unecessary chaos, attempting to draw attention to himself. He was like a child, all about himself.

IC – Lust & Greed – R&D:

The Ninjask was thoroughly disoriented, now finding itself in a much weaker state. With a faint yellow glow, it seemed to regain some of its lost strength. Shaking itself, it once more retargeted the Malamar, crossing its arms and swiping away with an X-Scissor. Greed was slightly irritated, but it mattered not to her. Ninjask could do what it wanted, there was still another to take its place. Glancing at her sister, Lust seemed to be grinning. “Lopunny, use Dark Pulse upon the Gardevoir, would you?” With a nod, the Lopunny would let loose with the Nasty Plot-enhanced attack, firing a series of black spheres towards the enemy.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

IC: Evan Tierra/Feral Tierra

Feral roared with pain as Landorus kept smashing his paw into Feral's chest. Before Landorus could continue, Feral took a deep breath and unleashed a barrier of Spacial energy to get Landorus off of him.

"I must say, you've managed to really tick me off!", Feral said as he readied a Spacial Rend to fire at Landorus, "I have a question for you, Landorus: Do you need internal organs?"

"You're not the one who should be asking questions like that!", Landorus roared, "For I am not the one who is turly alone!"

As if on command, one more flash of light erupted from Evan, revealing his Garchomp, Gnip. The Garchomp narrowed her eyes at Feral and rushed towards him, her body glowing with the might of Outrage. Before feral could unleash a Spacial Rend, Gnip clamped her jaw around his hand and tore it off. The hand evaporated as it was ripped off, causing Feral to roar with even more pain. Landorus rushed the Spacial Horror and swept his tail towards his legs, knocking him off his feet. Gnip then blasted him with a Flamethrower, burning his entire body......

OOC: Ugh, fine. Don't expect any of my Pokemon to be saying their names then. Ever. And anyone else who does that I will attempt to contain my rage at becuase Pokemon saying their names has become my Beserk Button. =P

Also, I'm on the Wiki chat now. Can someone head there and please just tell me what I missed? I hate being left out of things like that....

"Wait; stop!" Jenny called out, shocked at what was going on. She wanted the Spacial Horror to pay just as much as Landorus and Gnip did... But this just seemed wrong to her.

"We're above Feral; aren't we? So why should we stoop to his level...?" Jenny asked, frowning at the sheer damage that was being done to Feral.

OOC:

OOC: Ugh, fine. Don't expect any of my Pokemon to be saying their names then. Ever. And anyone else who does that I will attempt to contain my rage at becuase Pokemon saying their names has become my Beserk Button. =P

Also, I'm on the Wiki chat now. Can someone head there and please just tell me what I missed? I hate being left out of things like that....

Okay. No one is forcing or expecting you to. That's an extremely innocuous part of the game--the exact means through which Pokémon communicate are not that big of an issue, and I'm not going to tell people that they have to write it one way or another. If it bothers you that much... Well, frankly, that sounds like a personal problem. As it stands, it's up to the narrator to write to their preference; likewise, you can ignore and interpret that however you please while reading those posts.

As far as the chat is concerned--I really don't know what to tell you. I gave at least a week and a half's worth of notice before the discussion actually happened and it lasted pretty much the entire day--plenty of time to join in once it started. Hopefully you're free the next time one is organized. Regardless, I'll try to talk to some of the people who were there and see about compiling a general summary of what was discussed, because I, personally, couldn't tell you a lot of the specifics. Please be patient, though--I'm not the only one who is busy with classes and work.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate a less abrasive attitude in the future. Maybe it's not intentional--I don't know; I can't speak for you--but your most recent posts haven't given off the best intonations, at least to me. I understand that you're annoyed at missing the group chat and that your characters aren't currently moving, but there are better ways of dealing with those annoyances.

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Celadon City: "The sad thing is," Gavin said. "I thought I had heard the worst of his jokes by now."

"Come on, guys!" Ethan called from the doorway. "Hurry up! Things could get worse than they are if we aren't quick, so let's not take any..." He smiled broadly, barely suppressing a chuckle as he slid his sunglasses over his eyes again. "... chances. Ha!" The Rocket agent disappeared through the door. He reappeared a moment later, oblivious to the baffled glares of his teammates. "No, but seriously, guys, we should probably get a move on."

"Hold up! No one crosses the yellow line!"

The police officer extended her arms out as the Rocket agents approached, blocking their path into the department store. The four agents slowed to a halt, briefly looking at each other before their brilliant leader took control of the situation.

"Relax, Officer," Ethan said, removing his wallet from his belt and flipping it open, the official Rocket insignia glistening in the sunlight. The policewoman's stern expression shifted into one of surprise at the sight. "We're here on official orders from Abyss to handle whatever is happening."

"My mistake, sir," she said. "I didn't realize Team Rocket would respond so quickly."

"Not a problem!" He smiled, placing the wallet back in his pocket. "Now, uh, mind telling us what's actually happening here?"

"Of course," the officer nodded. "About two hours ago, a group of eight trainers arrived here and started demanding access to the roof. Kept on saying something about Rayquaza, but no one is really sure what they were actually talking about. For the most part, they seem to be pretty harmless--they aren't keeping any hostages or taking money, but we evacuated the premises nonetheless. I'm assuming they're still trying to get up to the roof."

Ethan looked back at the rest of the group, eyebrows raised. "Interesting. Anything else?"

The officer thought for a moment. "All of them were dressed in similar uniforms. Green, I think. They could be part of a gang, I suppose."

"I guess we'll find out for sure, then," Gavin said.

Ethan nodded. "That we will," he replied. "Well, thank you for your time, Officer. We'll go in and see what we can do. Come on, gang." With a short salute to the policewoman, the Rocket agents climbed under the yellow tape, cautious as they stepped through the doors of the silent Celadon Department Store...

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron/Jupiter - Opelucid City: Sonja started in shock as Blaziken reappeared, having completely forgotten about its presence in her anger. She whipped her head in Gaia's direction. "Gaia, get out of--!"

She didn't need to. A heavy-framed Fighting-Type, driven by a years-old friendship, leaped between Gaia and Blaziken, taking the attack meant for the Grass-Type. Loki's feet skidded against the ground as he pushed back against Blaziken's Flare Blitz, the horizontally-held girder growing hotter and hotter in his hands with each passing second, quickly reaching the point of burning his palms.

Still, he held on. He did not relent until the force of Blaziken's attack caused the girder to splinter in the middle, exploding in a shower of sparks that knocked the Fighting-Type off of his feet with a surprised yelp.

"Loki," Sonja said softly, watching, stunned, as the Fighting-Type pushed himself back up. Though he appeared to ignore his injuries from the attack, the heated parts of his girder left Loki with no choice but to leave them on the ground. He used Bulk Up, before charging forward with a defiant shout and aiming a Dynamic Punch at Blaziken.

With her trainer stunned, and feeling an equally volatile, yet barely controlled anger rising in her chest, Gaia moved her hands about, summoning a slowly growing storm of leaves around herself...

Caught off-guard, Kitheus could only attempt to dodge the attack from Kangaskhan, maneuvering himself in the air in an attempt to minimize damage. He was saved--much to his surprise--by Lyxek the Fraxure. The Dragon-Type leaped into the air towards Kangaskhan, body glowing a muted shade of green as he allowed the attack to strike him instead of his teammate. Lyxek flew several feet backward, rolling along the ground, though pushed himself to his feet after a few moments, having managed to Endure the hit. The Dragon-Type roared and ran straight toward Kangaskhan, now aiming to use Reversal against his opponent.

Momentarily leaving the situation with Kangaskhan alone, Kyle waited for the attack to connect to Gaigan. As soon as it did, he pointed. "Alright, Kovian! Use Aqua Jet and Razor Shell, now!"

Kovian darted forward, surrounding himself in a pointed veil of water. The arrow quickly turned into a drill as he began spinning, glowing shell blades protruding halfway through the sides of the veil as he raced toward the Nightmare Pokémon...

IC - Executive Meghan Vert - R&D Test Site: "Malamar, retaliate with Psycho Cut!" Vert ordered. The Overturning Pokémon nodded, arms glowing white. Ninjask's X-Scissor landed, damaging the Psychic-Dark Type, though to a lesser extent than expected thanks to the previous power reversal. Nevertheless, she pushed forward and lashed out with her own attack.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-=+IC: Lucia==-

Lucia held back her confusion as to why a group of people would wear green of all colours, but nodded, and followed Ethan and the others quickly; hoping that them going quicker would leave out chances for him to give out more puns.

OOC: Gonna just quickly check out something for Ray.

OOC:

As far as the chat is concerned--I really don't know what to tell you. I gave at least a week and a half's worth of notice before the discussion actually happened and it lasted pretty much the entire day--plenty of time to join in once it started. Hopefully you're free the next time one is organized. Regardless, I'll try to talk to some of the people who were there and see about compiling a general summary of what was discussed, because I, personally, couldn't tell you a lot of the specifics. Please be patient, though--I'm not the only one who is busy with classes and work.

Well, it just so happens that I copied a majority of the chat into a Word document so I'd be able to reference some of the things discussed. Now, this is 73 pages (15,800 words!) of material we're talking about here, so clearly I'll have to parse through some of the small talk and redundant points. However, I'm not sure when I'll have the time to do that, since this next week will be extremely busy for me. Parugi, if you want I can PM you what I copied so we could maybe divide-and-conquer (assuming the formatting doesn't get messed up, since it also copied the avatars next to our names and I really don't want to have to edit out 1700 pictures).

IC: Ryan

Despite the Blaziken's incredible speed, Togie remained locked on its target. But Ryan's eyes grew wide when he saw Loki struggling against the Fire-Type. If the Blaziken dodged their Sky Attack at the last second, they'd risk hitting Loki, which would put them at a serious disadvantage.

"Alright Togie, new plan," Ryan said as they continued to plummet from the clouds. As per Ryan's instructions, the Togekiss adjusted its flight so that they leveled off before they reached their enemy, flying just above the heads of the combatants. Ryan sent out his Dewott as they zoomed over the Blaziken. The sea otter twisted in midair, aiming to strike the Fire-Type with Aqua Jet.

IC: Ellen

"Why do you insist on fighting each other?" Ellen asked, stepping out from her hiding place. "You don't have to be enemies. What do you hope to accomplish with this endless battle?"

With an enraged hiss, the Seviper made to strike at Ellen, but Artemis intervened by Jump Kicking the snake into the ground. Ellen made a small flinch but stood her ground, still holding the struggling Chrono in her arms.

"Why?" the girl repeated. "Would it be so hard to put aside your differences and go about things peacefully?"

Ellen, this is looking pretty dangerous! Duo exclaimed as the Seviper struggled against Artemis' hold.

"Quiet, Duo," Ellen said sternly. "Now's not the time."

Seriously, Ellen, Duo insisted. We should probably just leave them alone. Now. Quickly, while we still have a choice!

"I said, be quiet!" Ellen snapped. "Will you just let me think for once?"

Duo seemed at a loss for words.

"Look, I'm sorry, Duo, but--"

Before Ellen could find the words for her apology, Chrono slipped from her grasp and pounced onto the Seviper. Batting the startled Artemis aside, he started swiping away at the Seviper with Slash.

The snake Glared at Chrono, attempting to paralyze him, but the Purrloin's limber abilities neutralized the Glare's effect. The Seviper coiled around Chrono to restrict the cat's movement, and Chrono responded by angrily biting into the snake's scaly skin. Writhing in pain, the Seviper loosened its grip enough for Chrono to slip out and continue his assault. The Dark-Type Pokemon was fighting even more ferociously than before, ignoring Ellen's pleas for him to retreat.

Chrono was so engrossed in slashing and scratching at the snake that he never noticed the danger until it was too late. Having recovered from Aretmis' initial blow, the Zangoose darted toward the fray. The Cat Ferret Pokemon ducked under the Mienshao's desperate punch and angrily slashed at Chrono with its own sharp claws. Sensing an advantage, the Seviper sank its blade-like tail into the Purrloin's back in one deadly strike: Poison Tail.

Ellen cried out in dismay as Chrono fell to the ground, succumbing to the poison now coursing through his body. Lips curled back in a snarl, Chrono launched himself at the Zangoose, claws outstretched. But the Zangoose simply swatted the cat aside, sending him tumbling over the edge of the cliff and into the river with a splash.

"NO!" Heedless of the danger, Ellen raced straight through the Seviper and Zangoose, narrowly ducking under their attacks as they returned to their skirmish. She started to slide down the rocky cliff, but when she was almost at the bottom she lost her footing and tumbled into the river as well.

Ellen gasped for air as the fierce current twirled her about. Struggling to stay afloat as the world spun around her, she managed to catch sight of a purple form floating limply downstream. Gathering all of her strength, the girl swam toward the Purrloin.

"Chrono!" she cried as she finally reached the cat. "Don't worry. I've got you." She gripped a pointed rock jutting out of the river. The Purrloin was unconscious, his breathing labored due to the Seviper's poison. "It's okay," Ellen gasped, trying to remain calm. "It's okay. We're all going to be okay. I've got you."

The rest of Ellen's Pokémon stared in shock at the point where Ellen had disappeared over the cliff. Then with a bark of command, Terry raced down the cliff as well. Maturin and Artemis followed, while Duo continued to float frantically in circles.

Oh no, what do we do? What do we do? What do we do?! Suddenly, the Duosion realized that he was alone, apart from the two wild Pokemon that were at each other's necks. Oh. Well this is awkward. Hey, guys! Wait for me!

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Konuju: I can help out with that, sure, but I probably won't be able to really get to it until Spring Break starts. If you want to e-mail it to me instead to avoid BZPower breaking the code, then just send me a message and I'll give you my address.

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Celadon Department Store: "Geez, this place is empty." This was a notable understatement. The Celadon Department Store--usually bustling with activity--looked and felt absolutely deserted. Store counters sat completely still, their owners nowhere in sight. Numerous bags and baskets littered the floor, some of them overturned and their contents strewn about the complex. Ethan peered about the place, picking his way through the mess around him, whistling loudly. "Hello? Anyone home?" No response. He sighed, planting his hands on his sides. "Hm . . . Alright, gang." Ethan looked over his shoulder. "Split up. Look for clues. Find things. Go, go, go."
Gavin shook his head, already splitting away from the others, eyes glued to the floor as he walked. Though the people were long gone, it was nonetheless interesting to see what kinds of things had been taken from around the store--what people had been planning on buying before this strange group had interrupted their shopping trip. Most of the litter consisted of general items--Poké Balls, food, healing items, clothes. One flipped basket had clearly been filled with a number of toys and stuffed animals; he made a point of stooping down here and cleaning up the mess before continuing on, gingerly setting the basket aside on a nearby bench.
"Well, ladies and gentleman, I don't think our perps are down here," Ethan called.
"The policewoman did say that they're probably upstairs," Gavin pointed out. "I'm not sure why we didn't just head up there to begin with--"
A sudden scrambling at the top of the nearest staircase cut him off. All four Rocket Agents looked toward the source of the noise, surprised to see a lanky boy with wavy hair appear, donning a green hoodie with a stylized "Z" emblazoned on its front. Skidding to a stop at the stairs' railing, the boy took a moment to catch his breath, leaning forward to stare at the Rocket Agents.
"One, two, three, four . . . huh?" The boy's eyes widened as he double-checked his count. "Four of you? I only heard . . . Uh . . ."
Ethan exchanged a look with Jamie and Lucia, both of whom shrugged. He looked back at the newcomer, brandishing his badge again. "Team Rocket Field Agent Ethan Worth. You got a minute there, buddy?"
The boy started, nearly falling over the railing. "I--uh, I . . ." For several moments, they simply stared at once another, neither moving an inch. Then, with a sudden yell of "IT'S THE FEDS, GUYS!" the boy took off running, disappearing beyond their line of sight.
Gavin slowly joined back up with the others, continuing to stare at where the boy had stood. Finally, he regained enough motor control to say the word hanging on everyone's tongues: "What."

IC - Jackson Sang - Driftveil City (Continuing from this post): "Driftveil, Driftveil, Driftveil," Jackson Sang muttered, almost singing the city's name under his breath. He came to a stop in the middle of the road, rubbing his chin and looking around. "You know, Trace, I could swear we used to know this place like the back of our hands."
The Ditto--having freed himself once more and taken on the shape of another random civilian, this time a girl around Sang's age--shrugged in response. "Must be a side-effect of that blond guy's memory trick."
"Must be," the assassin repeated in agreement. He rubbed his face, sighing. "You know, I'm really starting to hate that guy. Planning whatever evil thing he's planning is one thing, but messing with my head to the point where I don't even know what it is that I consider so evil? And affecting the rest of my head on top of that?" He shook his head. "That's a completely different thing entirely, and I don't appreciate it."
"Yeah," Trace said, nodding. "Well, all we have to do is find someone who can help us out, right? And if we can't find that Memory Professor, I hear Beheeyem are pretty good at dealing with this kind of thing!"
"I thought they erased memories?"
"Do they?" Pause. "I don't think so . . ."
"I could swear they do that."
"Eh." Trace shrugged again. "Worth a shot, anyway, right?"
"I guess," Sang said, pressing his thumb against his brow in frustration. "Now the question is, where the heck are we going to find one of those?"
OOC: Next revisit: Cianwood and Goldhawk/Silvermind/Blackskull; a continuation of Jackson Sang's quest to fix his brain; and a certain pair of apprentices. Stay tuned.
Edited by Pears Nivans

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Lucia==-

"Well... Uhh... That was certainly... different..." Lucia said, unable to actually think of any better way to describe what happened, as she looked around at the others.

"I think that he might be involved... We should go follow him." Lucia said; trying to keep a straight face at what happened just then; but was badly failing.

OOC: Parugi: Sent it. :)

IC: Ellen

Ellen's arm was growing tired as the current tried to tear her away from the boulder. She didn't need to look back to see that the river led to a waterfall; she could scarcely hear anything above the water's deafening roar.

Just as she was starting to lose hope, she saw Terry dog-paddling furiously toward her. Maturin was riding on the Herdier's head, while Artemis quickly hopped along the rocky riverbank. Behind them, Duo floated above the waters, trying to catch up.

Even as Ellen gave a cry of relief, her fingers started to slip from the rock. Before she knew it, she was tumbling through the crashing waves once more. She clutched Chrono tightly to her chest as she was thrown over the waterfall. Her stomach lurched with a feeling of weightlessness. The thunderous crash of the waves blotted out even her own screams.

And then there was silence.

IC: Paul Burks

Scar arrived in the center of the treetop city of Fortree, landing upon one of the many wooden platforms. Paul hopped down and recalled his Skarmory to its Pokéball. Walking across a bridge, he instantly saw the beauty of the unique city. However, he had quickly learned that Hoenn was much more humid than Unova, and in the summer sun, he had easily worked up a sweat by the time he arrived at a nearby café.

"Can I get you anything, sir?" the waitress asked.

"Just an ice water, please," the blacksmith responded. As the waitress turned to fill a glass, Mr. Burks grabbed his billfold, pulling out a picture of Ellen. "I'm looking for my daughter," he told the waitress. "Her name is Ellen. Have you seen her around here lately?"

A smile crossed the waitress' face as she examined the photo. "Oh yes, Ellen's such a sweet girl. She helps me set up the fruit stand in the mornings. Speaking of which, she didn't show up today. I thought she said she'd be helping -- it must have slipped her mind."

"Do you know where she's been staying?" Paul asked, surprised at how easily he had found someone who knew Ellen.

"Well, for a while she was just sleeping in the Pokémon Center's lobby," the waitress replied. "Lots of people were. A lot of houses burned down in the fire. Ellen was helping one of her friends rebuild his house. I think they just finished it recently, and she's been living there since."

"Could you give me an address?" Paul asked.

"Second tree on the right, and straight on till morning," the waitress said.

Paul gave her a confused look.

"It's a joke," the waitress laughed. "You know, because we have so many trees, and... never mind. Here, let me draw you a map." Grabbing a napkin, the waitress drew a network of platforms and bridges. "So, Ellen told me you guys are from Unova."

"Indeed we are," Paul replied, taking a sip of his water. "Village Bridge, to be exact."

"I've heard it's a beautiful place. I've always wanted to visit Unova. Maybe now that their government has lightened the travel restrictions..." the waitress' voice trailed off. "Anyway, here's the map. From here, you'll turn left and go down this bridge..."

Paul took the napkin map, but his mind was elsewhere. Unova's government was a touchy subject for him. He still had bitter memories of the day nearly twenty years ago when Team Plasma first came to power and tried to "liberate" his Pokémon.

"Be sure and say hi to Ellen for me when you find her," the waitress smiled.

Paul nodded as he stood up. "Thank you." Finishing his water, he headed out of the café, following the map that would hopefully lead him to his daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

IC - Sabrina/Koga/Surge - Cianwood City (Continued from this post): It had been a fierce battle, but in the end, the Gym Leaders had triumphed. Sabrina's Alakazam had proven powerful enough to down almost all of Jenny and Hex's Pokémon; those that it could not defeat had been taken out by Koga's Muk and Surge's Raichu. Now, the two trainers found themselves in the crushing hold of the Psychic Maid, having barely slowed the Rocket Elites' rampage. The psychic energies ground away at their minds, telekinetic forces clenching tightly on every inch of their bodies. It was all they could do to not scream out in pain.

Before long, Sabrina unleashed a pained yell, and cast the two to the side. They slammed into the side of a nearby building, barely conscious. Without paying any further heed to the pair, the Rocket Elites continued on their way through the city, ordering random attacks in the direction of the most fleeting of shadows, billowing papers that happened to pass them by--anything that registered as a potential threat to their paranoid minds.

From her position on the ground, Jenny watched the continued destruction. Greatly weakened by the encounter, she managed to send a distress signal back to base before collapsing, falling unconscious on the deserted Cianwood streets.

IC - Ford HQ: In the darkness sat a boy. He was young, younger than any other person who had traversed the halls of Ford's headquarters. He rocked back and forth slightly in the corner of the room, knees pulled toward his chest and arms wrapped tightly around them. Next to the short black hair on his head, his pale face virtually glowed in what little light came into the room. Eyes shut tight, he bowed his head, burying his face in his knees and arms.

"So we've resorted to torture now, is that it?"

"Is this really worthy of such a horrendous term? He's not being hurt."

"No . . . I suppose not."

"So what do you find wrong here?"

"I'm looking at this situation and all I see is a boy who has been taken from his family. How does that not contradict freewill?"

"You, understandably, misunderstand. He agreed to help, and to come along. This is just post-agreement self-doubt, is all."

"I see . . . Does Pierce know?"

"Pierce is occupied in his own business--there's no reason to add a possible roadblock to his list of problems when I can deal with it."

"And Ford?"

"Ford's focus is on other aspects of the ritual. Mine is on the Nine Children themselves. There's a reason he entrusted recruitment to me."

"I suppose. I have to admit that four Children in six months is . . . impressive."

"Thank you--I thought so, as well."

"But we still need the Ninth."

"I'm working on her already, actually."

"You'd do well to convince her quickly."

"She'll come around. That's partly why I chose him."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"Don't underestimate me. We'll be done soon--just you wait."

The woman pressed a palm to her forehead, steadying herself against the wall and walking toward the infirmary. "Right. Just make sure 'Calvin' here doesn't do anything . . . rash." Her eyelids drooped. "I don't want to see another child's spirits crushed."

"Oh, don't worry about that, Hayes," McKinley responded. "Just rest your pretty little head and leave the rest to me. You'll see." He smiled after her, and then turned to look back through the window at the Eighth Child, Calvin Truman. "Have a good rest now . . . both of you."

You are but a shadow of those who have come before you His legacy is a looming giant that a simple shade could never hope to satisfy Mere dreams cannot propel you to greatness Mere hopes will not earn you respect

. . . Dad . . .

The slightest whim of love deludes you You are naive, and foolish You will break One who knows nothing can understand nothing The knowledge of power is beyond your limits It is your pursuit of it that hinders you

. . . I'm sorry . . .

You will be their end The end will come of all that is Now is the time to give in Embrace it Take it Become that which needs to be All-knowing darkness closes in and there is nothing at all that you can do to end it

Stop me . . . Help me . . .

OOC: Next post: Jackson Sang actually continues on his quest to fix his brain; Goldhawk and co. react to a disturbing distress signal; and perhaps battles are continued? We'll see.

Edited by Pears Nivans

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: What is it with me waiting almost a month between posts?...

"Alright, cool. I will meet you later at the entrance to Route 203, sound good? See ya later!" Jake turned on his heel, calling over his shoulder, "oh yeah, if you don't already have one you might want to check out the Poketch company! Sometimes they give out free ones!" After that, Jake jogged for a while, before arriving at the Pokemon Center. He returned Pikachu with a flash of red light, before he smoothed his shirt and walked through the glass sliding doors.

"Hi Nurse Joy! I'm back!" Jake called up to the counter of the mostly empty Center, where the nurse was working with her back turned.

She turned around. "Hello, and welcome- Jake! Where have you been? Your mother has been worried -literally!- sick with you gone! You just up-and left when she needed you most, and now she is bedridden and asking for you and we had to tell her that you ran away!" She took a deep breath, preparing to continue her mini-rant when she noticed a few astonished heads turned in her direction. The normally level-headed Joy blushed and visibly calmed down before saying, "Anyway, she needs you there. I am assuming you need me to heal your Pokemon?" Jake nodded wordlessly and handed her the three Pokeballs.

"Thank you, I will pick them up later." Jake turned and left the Pokemon center, walking slowly towards his old home on the top floor of the apartment complex.

OOC: Well, wow. Btw, I figure that since Jake lived in Jubilife and is rich, plus his father was a Pokemon trainer, they might know Nurse Joy as a family friend. Hence her freak-out scene.

IC: Ellen Burks - Route 118

Ellen awoke with a start. She sat straight up. She quickly felt lightheaded and had to lie down again, closing her eyes against the blinding sun. She could hear the sound of waves crashing against the shore, felt the warmth of the summer sun, and smelled the salty air of the sea. Where was she? A beach? Last she remembered, she was in Fortree.

No, wait. That wasn't right. As Ellen sat up -- much slower this time -- the memories came rushing back to her. The Zangoose and Seviper... the river... the waterfall... She blinked several times, adjusting to the harsh light. Ellen saw that she was indeed on a beach, but the body of water in front of her wasn't an ocean, it was simply a wider part of the river as it ran out to sea. She brought a hand up to her head, which was starting to throb, and realized that her hair was matted with sand. Several scrapes and bruises lined her arms as well.

"So much for this great 'potential' everyone says I have," she muttered. "I couldn't even bring peace to two Pokemon." Suddenly the world seemed very big, and Ellen felt very small. How did she ever think she could end the war between Team Liberty and Team Rocket? The only reason those two groups had stopped fighting was because of the catastrophic destruction caused by the Ancient Darkrai.

Ellen froze, her eyes growing wide with realization. That's exactly what Maddison Hayes was trying to accomplish. Despite the summer heat, Ellen felt a chill run down her spine. All this devastation... it was the only thing that could get the Rocket and Liberty leaders to agree upon a ceasefire. Then does that mean.....

.....Does that mean that Ford was right?

Ellen barely noticed her Pokemon trying to get her attention. Artemis was shaking her by the shoulder and Duo was babbling nonsensically through their mental link. It wasn't until Terry nearly knocked her over that she finally turned her head. Maturin led her a few feet away, where Chrono lay motionless in the sand. She quickly picked up the Purrloin and saw that he was breathing heavily due to the poison. Terry and Duo looked on worriedly.

"Chrono, you fool," Ellen muttered sadly, reaching into her bag for a berry. "I'm only trying to help you... why couldn't you just stay out of trouble for once?" She paused as her hand reached the bottom of the bag. The berries were gone. They must have been washed out in the river.

Artemis tugged on her arm and pointed toward the forest of trees behind them.

"Good idea, Artemis," Ellen agreed. "There's nothing we can do here. Hopefully we can find a Pecha Berry or something in the forest." Cradling the unconscious Purrloin in her arms, Ellen wearily trudged into the trees, her other Pokemon following close behind.

Edited by Konuju

OOC: Sorry for my absence. School + Laziness transferred into Laziness + unplanned (by me anyway) vacation across the American Southwest. But the absence should hopefully over. Hopefully it will have been worth the wait.

IC: James would admit, if pressed, under duress, with no sleep or food, while various torture methods were being applied to him, that he had not been paying attention to the Lopunny. The fact that it had prepared a powerful attack and that he had not prepared for it bothered him but only slightly.

Because honestly it was no problem, Guinevere could just evade through Teleport. No problem right?

So why did Guinevere look so panicked?

A foreign thought entered into the forefront of his mind, I.. I.. traced Speed Boost at the beginning of the battle

It occured to James in a brief moment of both panic and clarity that he had not paid any attention to his partner's ability in all of their year together. He would remember to there on out.

James ran through each available tactic he could think of from Guinevere's set of moves as fast as he could, but nothing he thought of gave a satisfactory answer. The Trick Room meant that Speed Boost would slow down Guinevere's teleport too much for a successful escape in the short time frame allowed. Psychic and Shadow Ball Couldn't stop a powered up Dark type attack. Double Team would be useless for the same reason Teleport now was. The trainer thought of using the suit's power to try and protect her, but without knowing the capabilities of the two Sins, that could prove catastrophic if they felt cheated and entered the frey.

Failing to find a satisfactory alternative, he offered the only option he could provide. As he began to form the words in his mind to transmit to her, he began to notice something. The result of their minds being connected, James began to feel the emotions that the Embrace Pokemon was feeling at the moment. Waves of fear of the impending danger, a shroud of distrust due to the betrayal of her trainer entered the trainer's mind. Most of James was horrified at the situation and wished that the whole event that was now taking placed never happened, but a small dark repressed corner of his mind was thankful for it. He could use the former to begin to dispel the latter.

He wanted back what he had lost.

Guinevere... please remain calm.

Perhaps the wrong choice of words as this only inspired more panic in her, but at the very least it grabbed the Gardevoir's attention.

I will not lie to you. There is no way that we can evade this danger, but we will endure it.

Still not too comforting.

You must use Calm Mind, to simultaneously guard against the Dark Pulse and prepare our counterattack.

She began to obey, but it was evident from her face (even if he was not connected to her thoughts) that she did not trust James' plan.

I know I no longer deserve your trust, but I need for you to believe in me. You are capable of enduring this attack and winning against them.

The Guinevere seemed incredibly tense but the Calm Mind began to take effect, helping her focus her powers, and brace for the attack now in front of her face.

The attack connectd, waves of darkness struck her, and she began to feel immense pain.

Focus on my voice. Ignore the pain, it will be okay, James said, trying to ignor the fact that the empathic telepathic connection gave him a share of her pain.

The onslought continued, but during it, she began to seem oddly calm, as if she was focusing on something else.

Good, keep calculating the exact position that the Lopunny is in.

Beneath the waves of the Super-Effective attack, the Psychic kept calculating numbers. Predicting where the target was going to be, and how to create the attack James had envisioned. The attack was unorthodox in its execution, but if pulled off right, it would be as devastating as the attack now laying waste to her body. However, numbers are hard to work with, when one's body is screaming in agony.

Eventually, the attack subsided, and Guinevere stood, her body, to James' anguish, revelaing the beating that it had just taken. A weaker Pokemon would have easily succumbed to such an onslaught, and even Guinevere looked like she could take little more, but she stood.

Now let us pay them back in kind.

Far in front of where the pair stood, and Ice Began to form. If their calculations were correct, the Ice Beam would form on the inside of the Lopunny's body, and wreck severe havoc.

IC: Even Grummore knew in an instant that what had just happened made no sense and shot any preconceived notions of a credible threat. To know that the Slowpoke wasn't worried in anyway, goes long ways to showing what his trainer thought of them

"We should still be careful. They could be very danger-- mmph!" she said covering her mouth. "I'm sorry. I couldn't quite say that with a straight face."

She took a second to laugh before regaining her composure. "Again I apologize. This is still an official Rocket mission and we must treat it as such," she said before throwing out four Pokeballs revealing the rest of her team.

"I agree with Lucia, whe should go after him."

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

-==IC: Lucia==-

Lucia smiled slightly, as she chuckled herself at what happened with Jamie, but nodded.

"Yes, that would be the best option." Lucia said, as she looked up the stairs with a slight frown, wondering why these jokers were even trying their patience... And how this became an official mission.

IC: Ruth Fishers

And so it begins, my own adventure!

The young trainer brimmed with excitement as she walked towards Jubilife City, backpack slung over her shoulder, taking in the sights. Thank goodness my parents are letting me run out on my own. Now I get to explore this entire region, meet new people, Pokemon, all that jazz. But where to start....

Ruth pondered this question, scanning the area. Soon, her eyes fell upon someone who wore glasses and appeared to be a trainer. Might as well. she thought.

"Hi," said Ruth as she approached the person. "You also a trainer?"

OOC: About as good of a post as anything. Ehks, that's your cue. Hopefully by going back to basics, this'll work out okay.

"Hm, really? Oh, you've just started out, haven't you?" she asked. "Well, I managed to explore around Kalos when I lived there, but now I've started a fresh slate too. My name's Ruth Fishers, by the way."

"Hm? Yeah, I lived there for most of my life actually. Parents moved to Sandgem Town, though, and well, here I am." Ruth said with a small shrug.

"Anyways, you're on an adventure too, right?"