Jump to content
Parugi

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Recommended Posts

IC: ???, Fortree Outskirts

 

Ryan's thoughts echoed in his mind. He hated the way they sounded, and how it may as well have been his fault that Ryan was like this now. There was no going back now, though. He had a job to finish and there would be time for regrets later. Focusing himself, the figure projected his thoughts to Ryan, using the link he had forged between the two of them back on Four Island.

 

"You sure you want to know, Drama King?", the figure's voice said, "Then come to the outskirts of the city. You''ll get all the answers you need there....."

 

The figure, after finishing his thoughts, grabbed a Leppa Berry from a nearby berry tree, taking great care to remove it. He then started to munch on it. He needed all the energy he could muster for what was to come, even if he didn't want to use it......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan

Ryan looked around. The voice rang loud and clear, and seemed oddly familiar somehow. But he could not see whoever was speaking. Nor could he quite put his finger on where he had heard the voice before. He wasn't sure what kind of answers the voice was promising, but as the throbbing in his cheek told him, anywhere was better than here. He lowered his gaze to the ground and began to walk, stumbling slightly, toward the wooden bridge. Then he broke into a run. He wasn't quite sure why; maybe he was driven by curiosity, or maybe he just wanted to be as far away from Sonja at that moment. Warm tears burned his eyes and blurred his vision as he blindly ran from platform to platform, slowly making his way toward the outskirts: those charred trees that surrounded the city.

 

Quil watched his trainer leave and started to run after him. Partway across the bridge, the Typhlosion paused, glancing back at the others. He knew that Ryan had not been himself lately, but this was crazier than usual. Quil was going to need backup. Sonja was out of the question. Even if she had been in a good enough emotional state to help her fellow Liberty agent, Quil knew that things were still somewhat tense between them regarding the Liberty Ball. Evan seemed like a good choice, but the Plasma agent had also just yelled at Ryan. The last thing Quil needed was for someone to throw Ryan over the edge. Either metaphorically or literally. Jenny, he barely knew. That left Ray.

 

The Typhlosion turned around and headed back to the group, coming to a stop in front of the orange haired trainer. With an apologetic growl for shoving him out of the way earlier, Quil urgently motioned for Ray to follow.

 

OOC: Celadon post either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. Most likely the latter.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ray==-

 

Ray stopped as Ryan backed away, and watched in pity, as he noticed how he just seemed to be breaking down. However, his actions caught his attention, as Ray thought for a moment when Ryan started to look around.

That's odd. We never said anything. Ray noted, intrigued. It could have been as simple as him awkwardly looking at everyone, but, something seemed off. Among the pain, it was almost like there was... confusion. Ray put a hand to his chin as Ryan ran off, the orange haired trainer simply watching for a moment... However, when Quil walked up to him, Ray nodded.

"... Right." Ray said simply, as he walked forward. However, before he actually started to head off, he gave a concerned glance back to the others, especially Sonja, who had been lost in her rage again, which caused him to wince because of the last time that had happened.

"I'll bring him back. I can't necessarily forgive him just yet, but... He's a friend." Ray said, and looked forward. "So I'm not going to let him run off without answering to us. It's something I wish had've happened to me last year." Ray said with a slight chuckle, as he began to run forward quickly, in pursuit of Ryan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: And so it begins...

 

IC: Hannah

"Executive Wright!"

 

Hannah opened her eyes with a tad of annoyance. She had been reveling in the moment of her plan finally piecing itself together. This was the moment she had been waiting for. The grunt looked down at her, shuffling nervously. She couldn't tell if he was simply intimidated by her cold stare or if he was the bearer of bad news. "Well?" Wright asked. "I haven't got all day."

 

"Executive Wright, ma'am!" the grunt cried. "We've... we've come across a slight problem. There's some... unexpected weather above Celadon City."

 

"A thunderstorm?" Hannah rolled her eyes. "You think I wouldn't come prepared for that?"

 

"I-It's not a thunderstorm, ma'am," the grunt said. "It's a snowstorm!"

 

"It's the summer, you dolt," Hannah said pointedly. Nevertheless, she pushed past the lower-ranking Rocket and moved to the helicopter door. Sure enough, icy winds whipped around the city. Hannah turned away from the door, activating her com link. "There's been a slight change of plans. Strike Teams Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, your commands remain the same. Strike Team Omega, split yourselves among the other three groups. Anyone with Flying Pokémon that can withstand ice, you're with me. On my command, we'll descend on the city. Target the rooftops first, and we'll launch our attacks from there."

 

The executive waited until they were directly over the giant snow cloud. Then, donning a pair of flight goggles, she returned to the helicopter door. "New Strike Team Omega!" she cried. "Ready your positions! On my command -- now!"

 

Dozens of Rockets leapt out of the surrounding helicopters, each riding a flying Pokémon. From Skarmories to Pelipper to Swanna, Talonflame, and Gyarados. Hannah herself mounted a large Charizard, leading the formation of grunts. A large fireball erupted from the Charizard's mouth, sailing down through the flurry of snow toward the unsuspecting city below.

 

IC: Dack/Madison/Luke

"So what've we got?" Amelia asked the group. "We have any idea of the enemy's means of approach? Targets? Timeframe?"

 

Dack opened his mouth to respond when a huge fireball descended from the clouds, crashing down several blocks away. The Snowpoint trainer cursed. "Timeframe? Now. Targets? Everyone. Means of approach?" He pointed toward the sky, where water and fire attacks rained down, mixed with the occasional Hyper Beam. "Take a guess."

 

"This is horrible!" Madison cried. "We've got to get back to the restaurant! I hope Palmer and the others are okay!"

 

"Maybe we would've been back by now if someone hadn't kept holding us up," Luke said, pointing a thumb toward Aspen.

 

"Let's go!" Dack cried, breaking into a run. "We don't have time for idle chit-chat, this is war!"

 

"It may be your war..." Shannon mumbled softly, looking up to the clouds. She stood there for several moments before taking off after the others.

 

IC: Ryan

Ryan's hands seared as he slid down the rope ladder. The moment he hit the ground he took off towards the forest. His mind raced. He had never meant to try and kill Hayes. He didn't know what had come over him. He thought he had screwed up at the dance, but that was nothing compared to this. Sonja would never forgive him. Ray hated his guts. And now even Evan believed him to be a horrible person.

 

The Liberty agent stumbled through the trees, the low-hanging branches cutting at him. Green shifted to black, marking his transition from the forest to the burnt woods. He ran on, until his vision became so blind that he ran right into one of the blackened trunks. He fell to his knees, his forehead aching as much as his cheek. He leaned a hand against the trunk for support.

 

"What have I done?" he cried out in a cracked voice. Tears were flowing freely now. The voice remained silent. Had he just imagined it? No, it seemed too real. But why would it lead him out here for nothing? "Well?" he yelled to the dead trees. "Answer me!"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: The other fragment of the jam from the other day, which was held off for this reason. =P

 

-==IC: Stacy/Doctors -Outside Restaurant-==-

 

"Hello?" Stacy asked, as she answered the phone in confusion, as she held up a hand to Dahlia, Palmer, and Erika...

 

----

 

-Celadon City Hospital, Intensive Care Nurse's Station-

"Are you calling her? Is it ringing? Is she there?"

 

"Yes, yes, and I presently don't know, Miss Oswald," the doctor replied. "Honestly, I just dialed, did you really expect to--" the silver-haired man suddenly stopped. Yes, hello? Yes. This is Doctor--I understand this is a private line, but it was the one listed in the patient's--yes, the patient, according to said records his name is..." The doctor paged through a stack of papers, looking for the necessary information. The woman next to him rolled her eyes and handed him the clipboard he had set down in front of him next to the phone. "Oh, yes, thank you Clara. The patient is one Alex Zyther. Yes. We only identified him this afternoon. Yes, the authorities believe it was stolen. Well, when do you think, when he was unconscio--" the doctor was forced to move the handset away from his ear. After waiting for the noise to die down, he angled the mouthpiece slightly nearer to his mouth, quickly added, "I'm going to pass you over to Miss Oswald now," and held the device out to the woman as if it were a diseased, mud-covered Arbok that had swallowed a bomb. The woman shook her head ruefully at the doctor and took the handset, preparing to explain the situation to the woman in a somewhat more reasonable manner.

 

----

 

"So, let me get this right. My adoptive nephew is in the hospital, and no-one thought to ask around or anything? ... Yes. ... Okay, fine." Stacy said, as she tapped her foot. However, when the one named Clara took hold of the phone, Stacy nodded slowly. "Alright. And you want me to come there now?" Stacy asked skeptically, as a sudden loud noise got her to look up; as attacks began to break through the clouds.

"... Well, I'm sorry, you say my niece and her friend are there, so they'll have to stand in for now, because right now, I'm in the middle of defending our city." Stacy said, as she ended the call with a frown, and watched the aattacks fly overhead grimly. "Oh my..."

 

-==IC: Lucia==-

 

Lucia tapped her foot impatiently.

"When are they going to give us more info?" Lucia said, an unimpressed look on her face, as she adjusted her glasses. The girl waited a little longer, and adjusted how she was sitting about every second, not liking the fact that she was just here waiting, when the city could be under attack at any moment. After a while, she just got fed up.

"To heck with this." Lucia muttered, finally, and got out her Pokegear, and quickly sent off a message to Ethan detailing a very short and quick summary of what was happening... Which would likely be impacted by the arrival of the Flying Pokemon about then.

 

-==IC: Ray==-

 

Ray continued to run, as he barely lost Ryan among the trees for a moment. Ray dropped down to the middle of the rope ladder, and then leaped off, as he ran in the direction he had lost Ryan. As he drew closer to the burnt trees, however, he began to hear sobbing in the distance, and frowned, as he pushed his legs to go faster.

"Answer me!" Ray stopped suddenly with a wince, at the sheer anguish in the voice. But, it was Ryan's. Ray looked to Quil, who ran forward ahead of Ray, as the orange haired trainer approached, guessing the intent.

"You made a mistake." Ray said, and shrugged, as he frowned at the broken Liberty Trainer. "But are you just going to let it break you like this? I thought you were better than that?" Ray asked, as he crossed his arms, looking right at Ryan.

Edited by An/A Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan
Quil ran to his trainer's side, looking down at him sadly. Ryan lifted his head when he heard Ray. He wiped away his tears but did not turn to face the Separatist. This was not the answer he had been looking for. And yet... Ray had a point. Knocking Hayes off the platform had been a mistake. He never wanted to kill her. And, as is so often said, it's the thought that counts... right?
 
"Oh, sure," the voice said, echoing in Ryan's mind. "He thought you were better than that. He thought you'd put up more of a fight for your time in the spotlight. Like I told you before, he seems to love the idea of having Sonja to himself. And you, Drama King, are just going to let him have her? Pathetic."
 
Ryan narrowed his eyes. He didn't remember the voice telling him that before, but he had no doubt of the truth in its words. He slowly stood up, his hands clenched into fists to keep them from shaking. "You're right, Ray," he said softly. "I am better than that. Much better. And I don't need someone like you telling me how pathetic I am!" Ryan grabbed a Pokéball from its clip and whirled around, hurling the capsule with all his might at the trainer that stood before him.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ray==-

 

Ray seemed confused, and dropped his arms to his side as Ryan stood up. However, his eyes widened and he jumped back as Ryan whirled around; barely sending out Zangetsu in time to block the Pokeball from slamming right into him.

"What's the big deal?!" Ray yelled out in confusion and annoyance, as he assumed a battle stance. Ray was not in the mood for any more dirty attacks like that, and still winced slightly at the slivers that had yet to be removed.

But I've got bigger things to deal with right now. Ray thought with a grim frown, as he wondered what could have gotten into Ryan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Aspen Seaton

"Oh right, blame me when Dack was the one who yelled back!" Aspen yelled, while a Hyper Beam exploded to his side. "Gah! Not sticking around here!" the trainer declared, taking off after the others while his scarf whipped back behind him. 

While sprinting, Aspen grabbed a Pokeball off of his belt and released Jet. "Go up and distract the flying Pokemon!" he ordered, and watched as the Braviary took off without hesitation, uttering a savage war cry as he flew up into the sky. "Please tell me someone else has a flying Pokemon here besides Mr. Swellow-and-Heatran here!"
 

IC: Dahlia Seaton

 

Dahlia paused when Stacy answered a phone call. The gardener tried not to listen but she made out something about a nephew and could tell that the COO of Leavanny-Strauss wasn't very pleased..... Dahlia nearly considered asking what was wrong, but then attacks rained down from the sky. The middle Seaton looked around in worry, trying to think of how to handle things.

"I-It's time to fight..." Dahlia said, trying to sound confident but failing rather miserably at doing so, while she sent out her entire team one by one. "Dracos, try a Thunderbolt in the direction of the attacks! Laurel, try to use a Sunny Day to help clear the snow!" she shouted. "Everyone else, wait for now but try to deflect the attacks if you can!"

All of her Pokemon complied, while Coco and Gerri attempted to stop attacks from striking the hapless citizens still left, Dracos gathered electric energy and launched a Thunderbolt into the skies where the attacks were raining down from. Meanwhile, Laurel  attempted to summon the brilliance of the sun to shine through and dispel the snowstorm.... Though the likeliness of that tactic working was slim. 

 

IC: Aria/Amethyst

"It's starting." Aria said simply, turning to everyone still left in the Olivine Garden. "Now's your last chance..... Either you seek shelter or fight to defend your city. Choose wisely." the Lucario advised in a flat tone, before rushing out of the restaurant. 

 

She exited not a moment too soon. A Fire Blast flew to the side, which Aria blocked by psychically grabbing a trash can to intercept its path. A Hydro Pump came straight at the Lucario, who blocked it by throwing up a psychic barrier. Afterwards, Amethyst slammed open the doors to the restaurant and barreled out.

 

"I'll take care of these attacks, you find out where Hannah's army is using your aura!" the Gardevoir said, just as she began throwing around psychic barriers and Magical Leafs to block the attacks.

"I was about to suggest the same thing myself...." Aria responded, allowing herself half a moment to smirk before she rushed back in the direction of the restaurant, leaped, and scaled to the roof using ExtremeSpeed. After clambering on top, the Lucario closed her eyes while her scarf billowed around her, searching for a certain presence in the sky out of the rainbow of aura she found.... 

 

And there she was. The placement of one specific aura in the front could have only been Hannah Wright... Not to mention, the aura in question radiated a savage glee, the kind only had when a plot finally comes together....

 

Aria's hands glowed blue, as aura coalesced in her hands. After waiting for the placement to be just right, the Lucario slammed both Aura Spheres into one, and hurled it into the sky, having precisely timed it for Hannah to barrel right into it......

 

IC: Olivia Seaton

 

The eldest Seaton trudged along the snow with Zach at her side. Even with warmer clothes, the snow still unnerved her for some reason and sent a chill through her spine.... As if it was an omen for things to come.

 

And sure enough, Olivia heard a sound off the side and her eyes widened when she saw a Hyper Beam barreling straight for her and Zach. She wasted no time in slamming Zach to the side with a yelp, the two of them slamming into the street just before they were struck. 

"A-Are you okay?!" she asked worriedly. "I-It's.... It's starting......" 

Edited by Toph Beifong

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan

The Pokéball burst open when it struck Zangetsu. Ryan's Garchomp appeared in a flash of light, slashing at the Zangoose with Dragon Claw. Ryan looked at Ray coldly. "I've been holding back for too long," he said. "That was my other mistake. Well no more! Garchomp, give it everything you've got! We're done playing games here!"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Sonja Baron/Maddison Hayes - Fortree City, Outside Ryan's House:

 

For some time, Sonja could only stare after Ryan and Ray, already feeling pangs of regret and confusion amidst the anger. Part of her knew that her reaction had been cruel, but she also knew that Ryan had been acting extremely out of character for some time now and showed no sign of coming back to his normal self. And now he had attempted to flat-out attack someone, almost killing them. Whether or not it was Hayes was irrelevant to the matter--Sonja knew that, given the circumstances, she had felt the same way in the past--but the simple principle of the matter . . .

 

She sighed, closing her eyes.

 

Behind the group, Bronzong helped Hayes to her feet. The Ford Agent did not appear nearly as untouchable now as she had back in Castelia. Whereas that battled had lasted far too long before any meaningful progress had been made, here she already looked about ready to fall over. She had been in horrible shape the last time she had escaped; evidently she was still recovering from the full extent of her injuries.

 

Her mind and attitude, however, appeared to remain the same as ever, even considering the brief moment of regret that she had wanted to indulge. "I did warn you, didn't I?" Hayes asked at length. "You can't accomplish anything if you're fighting amongst yourselves. You should find those two and fix things while you still have a chance."

 

Sonja breathed deeply, slowly exhaling. She turned to look at her sister. "You're not off the hook yet," she said. "I'm sorry for what Ryan did, but I'm standing by my word. You're not leaving if I can help it."

 

"Do you honestly believe that stopping me from leaving here will change anything?" Hayes asked. "I'm trying to help you. If you--"

 

"No, you're trying to save your own skin," Sonja interrupted. "Besides, the last time someone let you get away, it made things worse between everyone, not better. I'm not going to let that happen again." She pulled out a Poké Ball. Hayes looked on in disbelief, releasing an aggravated sigh. "Look, if you won't fight back, that's your problem, not mine."

 

Hayes rubbed her head. "You're really not going to back down on this, are you?" Sonja shook her head, prompting the Ford Agent to fall silent for a moment. "Then let's at least move to the ground."

 

"So you will fight." A smile should have accompanied the words, but nothing came. "Good. That means I'll get a chance to actually beat you, unlike last time." The Second Child actually did smile at this, holding onto Bronzong in preparation for their descent to the floor of the city. Sonja frowned. "What's so funny?"

 

"If it's my freedom on the line, then I can't afford to lose, can I?" Hayes asked. "Weakened or not, my Pokémon are still in top condition. So we'll see just how easily you manage to back up your bravado." The Psychic-Type picked up its trainer, floating over the over and heading toward the forest floor.

 

She has a point, Sheik said as Sonja, Evan, and Jenny began their own climb down. Most of your Pokémon are only recently evolved--the others barely managed to beat her with more experience than that, on top of more firepower. Are you positive that the three of you can take her?

 

We'll certainly see, Sonja replied. Though, as they say, pride comes before the fall. And she certainly has a knack for underestimating her opponents.

 

 

The trio took up position across the clearing from Hayes, who continued to lean on Bronzong. For the time being, she appeared uninterested in attempting to stand on her own. Without taking her eyes off of the Second Child, Sonja threw Loki's Poké Ball forward, releasing the Conkeldurr onto the field. The Fighting-Type did not so much as smirk at the sight of his opponent, only tightening his grip on the stone canes he held.

 

"Well, well," Hayes said. "I can tell you've done some training since I last saw you." She glanced at Evan and Jenny, considering what they were likely to use against her. After a moment, she tossed her own capsule forward, unleashing her Jynx. "Let's see if it's enough."

 

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner/Skye Hall - Celadon City, Streets:

 

It was snowing in Celadon City. This was a large shift in the cold and dribble of flakes that had initially started in the forest. Now the clouds had converged and seemed fully intent on completely burying the city in layer upon layer of what Ethan referred to as "Christmas in July."

 

Meaning, of course, the snow that they currently ran through, headed in the direction of a number of bright light flashes that had appeared in the sky. Beside them ran Céris and Serena, the former of whom appeared truly grateful for this new opportunity to train again, for it had been some time since Ethan had last opted to use him. Serena's pelt seemed to shift in color between her brown Winter form and her green Summer form, as if her body itself could not comprehend the strange phenomenon around them. This, of course, was understandable, given that no one else had any idea what was going on, either.

 

Ahead of them ran Irest, providing their first line of defense should any of the strange lights have decided to attack them. The Drapion, too, appeared uncertain of the situation, though nevertheless would not be daunted.

 

"You know," Skye said as they ran, working hard to keep up with her fellows. "I'm starting to wonder . . ."

 

Gavin looked back at her, eyebrow raised. "Wonder what?"

 

"I'm starting to wonder if you guys intentionally go the places where you know things are going to happen," she said. "Because it's either that, or these kinds of things just like to follow you everywhere."

 

The Rocket Agent scoffed. "Try living with it," he said. "Between the train, the giant Golurk, the murderous Hypno . . ."

 

". . . The murderous what?""

 

Skye's question went ignored as the sound of battle--or, more accurately, the sound of shouts, attacks careening through the air, alarms, and a multitude of other noises that she had only ever associated with a war zone--began to reach their ears. Soon enough they had arrived on a main street within the city, where--further down the road--they could see numerous men and women marching alongside their Pokémon. Though they wore the Team Rocket uniform, their actions--attacking a Rocket-controlled city, most importantly--signaled that something was certainly off.

 

Ethan wasted no time in heading toward them. "Look alive, you two!" he called over his shoulder. "There's only one way we're going to find out what's up!"

 

"That, or we'll get shot," Gavin muttered. With a sigh, he took off after the older Agent, Skye in tow.

 

IC - ? - Celadon City, Streets:

 

The heat of the sun bore down on the clouds. This was already a fact. Yet it seemed as if some weaker force was attempting to amplify the strength of the sunlight.

 

How dare they?

 

Luckily his influence would not be so easily overruled, not by a star and certainly not by a Pokémon. The snow continued to fall, undeterred, and though now would appear to be a perfect time for the weather to pick up its flurry out of spite, he knew that such an effort would be meaningless--utterly beneath him.

 

He merely continued walking.

 

Waiting.

 

Watching.


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James – Four Island Executive Suite

 

In the week that passed since James saw Gawain’s battle on the beach, the Executive’s life was beginning to gain some sense of normalcy. To make a short story shorter, trainer and Pokemon had admitted their mistakes on the beach and decided to start over. The relationship was not repaired by any means, but it was a start. When Guinevere and Lancelot watched in surprise as Gawain followed James home, they decided that they could deal with staying under the same roof again. Likewise Galahad and Percival followed Lancelot and Guinevere. Only Mordred had not yet returned.

 

Of course the tension in the Executive office could be cut with a knife, especially the first night they were all there. The tension eased slightly over the week, but was still ever present, and talking was kept to a minimum. The only real source of conversation in the room seemed to be between whoever Celebi wanted to talk to at the moment.

 

The near silence was finally broken on a day like any other, when James was checking the news, when he came across an interesting live report.

 

“…There is snowfall…in Celadon…”

 

…What? Guinevere replied.

 

James turned the laptop he was using at the moment around and showed it Guinevere.

 

Snowfall at this time of year… is odd, the Gardevoir understated.

 

She continued watching the snow for a while longer until an event caused her to show a look of surprise.

 

James! Look! she shouted into his head she turned the laptop back around.

 

The report was being interrupted by the sudden appearance of a giant force that attacked the city. A giant force that appeared to be Team Rocket attacking Team Rocket territory. The shock of one completely ridiculous event was replaced by another.

No words were needed as James and Guinevere looked each other in the eye and nodded in unison.

 

“Everyone, we are leaving. Now,” James said as Guinevere powered her Teleport.

 

The office was left empty once more as its occupants left for Celadon.

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Cero considered his options. Kyle's argument was fair, and it also would allow him to observe any more intriguing accidents, perhaps even giving him a greater insight into the strange behavior he had recently witnessed. On the other hand, Cero had always bonded with captures alone, and he wasn't comfortable with publicly training yet.

 

"We split," he agreed with Esen.


[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

 

After seeing how Ryan reacted, Evan had to wonder if he went too far. But there was no time to really dwell on it. There were more pressing matters to attend to. As Evan climbed down the rope ladder, he felt uneasy. The last time he had fought Hayes, it took everyone's power to take her down. He may have gotten tougher, but would it be enough? Shaking his head, he remembered that Jenny and Sonja were here with him. There would be no holding back this time.

 

"No worries there.", Evan said fiercely, detaching Monstro's poke ball and throwing it, "I assure you, with the three of us, it will be more than enough to take you down. C'mon out, Monstro!"

 

From the Poke Ball, Evan's mighty Swampert appeared with a determined look in his eyes. He had spent a good deal of time in the past getting beat down by his foes. He wanted this time to be different. There would be time to be lazy in the future. Right now, He had to focus on the battle to come.

 

"Your move, Jenny.", Evan said, striking a more subdued pose than usual, "Let's show everyone what our training has done!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ray==-

 

Ray growled, as Zangetsu was forced to react quickly with a Crush Claw. The Zangoose struggled against the Garchomp's attack, and Ray quickly sent out the rest of his team, minus Alt Entei, to back Zangetsu up just in case, as Zangetsu staggered back from the force, ready to attack in response if needed.

 

"What is your problem? Why are you attacking me?" Ray growled, as this was most definitely unlike Ryan... Though, Ray had to admit that he'd definitely had his moments the past week. "Is this about that thing the other day? Because I told you what that was all about then, and it had otherwise been perfectly timed." Ray said with a scowl, as he referred to the Fletchling incident.

 

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

Jenny frowned slightly, as she heard what Sheik had said, nodded in grim determination.

"We'll give it our best shot no matter what." Jenny said, as she was pretty nervous. This would be their first true fight, after all, but Jenny wasn't just going to give up before the fight had even begun. She walked up to Evan, and nodded, as she pulled her left hand back, and stuck her right fist out, a confident smile on her face.

"Now, Boarlite, let's show them our new strength!" Jenny said, as she was determined to show that she was not just the weakling she had been back in Unova.

 

-==IC: Zach==-

 

Ground, hard ground. How did... Zach blinked, as he looked up at the cloud filled sky, and groaned slightly as he sat up, noticing Olivia right next to him, as she asked if he was alright.

 

"Yeah, I'm good!" Zach said, as he looked at the scarred ground where the Hyper Beam struck, with a grim frown.

It's just like Castelia... Zach thought, and then stood up silently. Zach glared toward the sky, as he vowed not to let the same thing happen to this city as did to Castelia. I had to hide for that incident... I'm not going to make the same mistake here.

 

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

Ryan glanced over to Shannon with a slight frown, as she seemed to not be quite so talkative, however, he had more important things to worry about at that moment. Like, oh, the army that had shown up.

"Dack, she'll be at the front of the army, won't she?" Ryan asked sharply, as he picked up his pace to run alongside the other Rocket.

Edited by An/A Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan

Garchomp roared as the Crush Claw collided against his scales. The landshark rammed into Zangetsu with Iron Head, aiming to pin the Zangoose against one of the dead trees.

 

"No, Ray," Ryan growled. "The other day? That's just the tip of the iceberg." He sent out Togie, Dewott, Missy, and Ampere. "For months you've been a thorn in my side. It's time I finally put you in your place! Togie, Aura Sphere! Dewott, Razor Shell! Missy, Shadow Sneak! Ampere, Take Down! Quil, Rollout!"

 

One by one, Ryan's Pokémon attacked. Togie gathered a sphere of aura, launching it at Byakuya. Dewott spun her scalchops, leaping toward Ray's own Dewott with a sly grin. Missy ducked into the shadows, emerging behind Aizen for a sneak attack. Ampere charged toward Orihime with all her might, and Quil reluctantly curled up into a ball and rolled towards Rukia, hoping that Ryan knew what he was doing.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ray==-

 

"What are you even talking about?! How have I been a 'thorn in your side'?" Ray growled, as he narrowed his eyes. Sure, he had messed up a couple times back in Unova, but never to the point where he could be considered a thorn.

 

Zangetsu growled, as the Zangoose was pinned by the rogue Garchomp for the moment. However, Zangetsu's claws glowed, as he attempted to retaliate with Close Combat quickly, intent on getting free for the moment so that he could actually focus for once in the battle.

 

Byakuya vanished suddenly as the Togekiss launched off the Aura Sphere. If Togie looked down, he would notice the Bisharp about to jump up, a Sucker Punch prepared as Byakuya flung his sword pointed fist toward the Togekiss quickly. The Bisharp didn't care about what this fight was about; he just wanted it to be a good one.

 

Hozukimaru smiled confidently at his opponent, as he quickly blocked the scallop, and attempted to quickly spin around with his own in his hands, using a counter Razor Shell against the other Dewott, all while fighting while dancing in a way, a Swords Dance, shall you say.

 

Missy would be rather disappointed. As soon as the Mismagius vanished into shadows, the Kadabra smirked, and vanished as well, appearing a few feet away. Missy seemed confused at first, however, kept following, as Aizen teleported again, and again, and again; simply leading the Mismagius around the battlefield to keep it occupied.

 

Orihime panicked, that's all that could be said. The tiny egg-like Pokemon ran around in mass hysteria, as she attempted desperately to avoid the Take Down. Orihime quickly whirled around and attempted to Charm the Mareep, however, she wasn't certain it really worked that well, and simply continued to run away once more.

 

Rukia frowned at Quil, as she wondered too why Ryan was doing all this. The icy ghost was hit, however, in her musings, and knocked backward in the air. The Froslass took the chance given as Quil hit the ground, however. Acting quickly, Rukia's eyes glowed, as she attempted to Disable the Rollout, and then charged up a Shadow Ball, and quickly launched it off toward Quil quickly, as she hoped that this could get sorted out sooner than later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette/Jayron==-

Colette reached out to stop Jayron, but stopped, as the executive was already too far away. She frowned, as something just seemed fishy about everything, and kept Alexa close, even as she looked around cautiously. Something was off to her, but what...?
Jayron did not have time to be worried. His old master had betrayed him long ago, and he was not about to let him get away with whatever nefarious scheme he was a part of. His eyes as cold as ice, he hurled his aura sphere at the ninja, who easily leapt out of the way.
"Impressive," Koga laughed. "But it will take more than a fancy light show to best me." The Poison specialist threw a smoke bomb at the ground, vanishing from Jayron's sight. The executive closed his eyes and tried to sense his foe, but somehow the ninja had concealed even his aura, and he moved too silently to be heard.

Lucario frowned. He had remained at Colette's side, knowing Jayron would call on him when he needed him. But something just felt off. He was about to voice his concerns to Colette when a high-pitched screech pierced the air. A red humanoid being slowly floated down the abandoned street, its eyes glowing a dull purple. It was a Deoxys. And it was not friendly. Wait here, Lucario told Colette. Before she could respond, he Extremespeeded away, charging up an Aura Sphere as he went.
Colette blinked, as her eyebrow twitched subtly. "Seriously, what's with everyone taking off...?" she muttered. She wanted a chance to fight, too. But she knew the reason Jayron and Lucario were fighting instead of her. She looked down at the young girl in her arms with a sigh. Bringing her leg up to support Alexa, she began to send out her team, just in case.

The Deoxys quickly shifted into Defense Forme to take the attack. It then responded with a Hidden Power, which sent Lucario reeling. No way... Lucario gasped. This is... impossible!
The Aura Pokémon's telepathic message reached Jayron, who looked back to see their new opponent. "Deoxys?" he said with a frown. "But... that Deoxys looks like..."
The one we fought back on Iron Island, Lucario said, readying a Dark Pulse. I'd recognize that Fighting-Type Hidden Power move anywhere.
"But we captured him!" Jayron cried. "The two of us share a blood bond! Why is he-?"
A thin blade appeared at his throat, as Koga grabbed him from behind. "Didn't I teach you anything?" the ninja hissed. "Never take your eye off the enemy."

At that moment, a blue figure leapt from a rooftop. It was another Lucario, its mouth curved back in a smile as it landed in front of Colette and Alexa.
Colette looked at the second Lucario in slight confusion, then her eyes widened slightly. "Uh, Jayron? We have a problem..." she said as she took a step back.
The other Lucario advanced toward her, the aura around it flaring up with each step. "Well now... How can you fare against me?" The tone of the voice convinced Colette. Yet it was impossible for that Lucario to be here.
"Lucina, how are you here...?" Colette asked in a cautious tone, as she continued to slowly back away from her mentor.

Colette's words reached Jayron's ears, even as he twisted free from Koga's grip, using an aura shield to block the ninja's knife. "That's Lucina?" he asked. "But that would mean--"

"And so, we meet again," a disturbingly familiar voice said. From around the corner strode Colette. Or rather, her doppelganger. She offered her twin a brief smile before her face twisted into a scowl. "Hand over Alexa. Now."
Colette frowned as she held Alexa closer. "It makes sense, now... Jayron, you were right, in a way..." Everything seemed to fall into place: why Koga was there, why the Deoxys, why Lucina... and why the clone. "I'm not going to let Alexa go," Colette said, somewhat stubbornly considering the situation. But her Pokémon team stood around her to back up her words.

"We're still in the Unown's illusion..." Jayron said as he continued to block Koga's knife swings. With his free hand he sent out his entire team. "Don't hold back!" he shouted. "They're not real -- they're just illusions!"

The double who called herself Collie continued to walk toward Colette, her expression hardening as aura started to flare up around her. "You may have beaten me last time, but I won't fail again, Colette Natalie Llyan. I'll give you one chance. Give me Alexa, or I'll pry her from your cold, dead hands!"
"I'm not just going to let her get harmed more than she already has," Colette said, taking a step back. "I won't put her back in danger like that."
Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Kammy and Myriam heading toward Lucina. The Lucario sent a flare of her aura, which knocked the two back, forcing Colette to take another step back.
I can't fight like this... Colette grimaced, as there was no way she could fight effectively with her hands full... But she also couldn't rely on Jayron, since he was having his own troubles...

"So... you've infiltrated our minds," Jayron growled. "I suppose torturing Alexa wasn't good enough for you?"
"Alexa," Koga sneered, "happens to be our mission. Crushing you will just be an added bonus."
"You're at a disadvantage," Jayron smirked as he nimbly dodged another flurry of ninja stars. "I see the Unown only copied you -- you don't have any of Koga's Pokémon. Meanwhile, Colette and I have our full teams."
At the executive's cue, the Pokémon leapt into action. Aqua struck the ninja with Hammer Arm, while Servine sprinkled him with a Leech Seed. Koga grunted in pain and threw another smoke bomb, but Absol tracked his movements with Mean Look, refusing to let him escape.

Meanwhile, Zwelious stomped over toward the Deoxys, firing her own Dark Pulse in time with Lucario's. The DNA Pokémon let the attacks hit, then shifted into Speed Forme, firing off a series of Shadow Balls faster than his opponents could react.

A nimbus of aura swirled around Collie's wrists as she approached Colette, slowly forcing her back against a fence. "I made that girl a promise," she said, her eyes burning with determination. "Give me Alexa, and I assure you no harm will come to her."
Colette growled, as she held Alexa closer, glaring back at 'Collie' as she and Lucina continued to approach. "Yeah, right. I saw Alexa's memories back in that chamber with the beach. Do you even know what they did? Oh wait, you're just a pawn who's based off me." Colette grit her teeth, as she knew that what 'Collie' wanted was effectively the same as what she herself wanted; but in reality, if the doppelganger got her way, it would just cause Alexa to suffer more.
"I'm nobody's pawn!" Collie cried. She lunged forward, attempting to grab Alexa out of Colette's arms.
Colette was barely able to stumble to the side while keeping a hold of Alexa. As she did so, Kammy, Vivian, and Myriam quickly intercepted Lucina, buying Colette a few precious seconds. "Oh really?" she yelled out. "Well you certainly seem like it! You say you're trying to 'protect' Alexa; but all you're doing is playing right into the hands of the things that hurt her in the first place!" Colette struggled to think up a plan. She saw no way to fight while truly protecting Alexa, especially in this situation.
Collie turned on her heels, glaring at her lookalike. "The only one hurting her here is you!" she cried, her eyes livid. "Once I'm sure she's safe, I'll make you pay for daring to lay a finger on--!"

From out of nowhere, Jayron's Metagross slammed into the doppelganger, sending her sliding across the pavement with a Hammer Arm. The Iron Leg Pokémon landed back on the ground as the effects of its Magnet Rise wore off. It gave a satisfied look at the crumpled clone, then turned its eyes toward Colette, uttering a series of clicks and beeps.
Colette nodded to the Metagross in gratitude, then turned to focus on Lucina. "Alright Vivian, Water Pulse! Myriam, Force Palm! Kammy, Aura Sphere!" she called out, as her Pokémon turned on the offensive. Lucina seemed surprised at first, as the Wartortle and Mienfoo suddenly turned and unleashed their aura energy in their own ways; the Wartortle with a sphere, and the Mienfoo with a punch. However, as the Lucario staggered back, Vivian launched a point blank Water Pulse from her claw at Lucina's face, which appeared to slightly confuse her for a moment.

IC: Richard/Claus

 

The last week passed quickly for Richard but slowly for Claus. The bard had his hands full trying to learn enough of the basics for the different instruments he had picked out for his team, so he could better teach them how to play their instruments. This left Claus in charge of both of their Pokemon, something he might have been unwilling to do… if not for the fact that he didn’t have much better to do at the moment anyway. He hadn’t received any orders in a week, and he frankly had too much free time.

 

And so it was one afternoon when Richard noticed Claus’ boredom and decided to remedy it.

 

“Claus, my friend, we’re going on a trip!”

 

Claus looked towards Richard and asked “A trip? To where?”

 

“Why back to Unova of course!”

 

“Why?”

 

“Simple. You started a Gym Challenge and Team Liberty needs strong trainers. So we can knock out two Pidgey with one stone by continuing your challenge.”

 

Claus thought about it for a bit, mainly thinking of his father, and nodded, “Alright. Makes sense. Did you get your Liberty allowance?”

“In cash,” Richard said smiling as he showed Claus his loot.

 

“Yoink,” Claus said as he took all the money, counted out a certain amount and then handed the rest to Hades who put it into a small handbag he was using as a backpack.

 

“Hey!” Richard yelled at the sudden disappearance of his money “what’s the deal with that?!”

 

“You owe me quite a bit for last week, so I took a down payment. And frankly, you treat money pretty lightly for a guy who never has any. And Hades told me he wanted there to be someone to take better control of your finances. Since you owe me all of this anyway, I took it on myself to name Hades in charge of your finances. The handbag’s on me.”

 

Richard was stunned into silence for a whole minute before saying “Fiiiiinnnnneee. Let’s get going.”

 

Hades and Claus gave each other a brofist behind Richard’s back.

Edited by Totally Colette; Not Minun

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:Amelia

Amelia looked up at the army in the sky--

 

--and grinned.

 

"You didn't tell me there'd be presents. Sina!" she called, throwing the Sneasel's Dusk Ball into the air to release her. "Hone Claws, then see how they like an Icicle Crash." Sina nodded, then began to sharpen her claws.

 

"And Sina?" Amelia interrupted, the pink Sneasel pausing briefly. "Pick a hard one. Wouldn't want the fight to be over before Harvey's had a chance to join our fun." She winked at Sina, who merely rolled her eyes and continued following her Trainer's commands.

Edited by Flipz


 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Hannah Wright/Rocket Army - Skies Above Celadon

Hannah descended toward the city, a wide grin on her face. That grin faltered when a Thunderbolt from below struck one of the grunts to her right, sending him and his Gyarados spiraling out of control. Hannah watched them disappear beneath the clouds with a grim look. At that moment, an Aura Sphere collided with Charizard, and Hannah felt a sudden feeling of weightlessness as the fire lizard began to fall toward the ground. But like any of Hannah's Pokémon, the Charizard had been well trained in aerial maneuvers. It beat its heavy wings, landing on the top of one of the city's many skyscrapers to recover its strength. Hannah narrowed her eyes as she tried to peer through the clouds. "They know we're here," she said through her com link. "Show no mercy. The only one I'm asking you to spare is Shannon Willows. I want her alive."

 

IC: Palmer - Celadon City Streets, Between Gym and Olivine Garden

"Valiant efforts, Dahlia," Palmer said. "But right now I think our priority should be regrouping with the others at the Olivine Garden and implementing our plan." The Frontier Brain turned toward Erika. "How fast can you round your Gym Trainers up? We need to get them organized and out defending the city as quickly as possible." He glanced at Stacy. "If you need to be with your nephew, I understand."

 

IC: Agent Leigh Rosemary/Rocket Strike Team Alpha - Celadon City Streets

Agent Rosemary glanced at her phone. On the screen was a picture of her target, named Shannon Willows. As the leader of Strike Team Alpha, Agent Rosemary had been tasked with leading her troops into the city from the east. She knew that Executive Wright did not care who caused the most damage to the city. But the agent who delivered Willows was sure to be rewarded generously. And Rocket Agent Leigh Rosemary hadn't been granted command of a strike team for nothing. She knew the benefits that came with hard work.

 

Rosemary's Carnivine flew ahead of her, extending its vines into the gaps within the cobblestones and tearing up the streets. As it went about its destructive activity, shivering against the unusual cold, the Bug Catcher Pokémon scanned the crowd, looking for anyone who matched Willows' description. While it did not spot Shannon, it did spot a trio of trainers heading directly towards the strike force. Unlike the other civilians, these three were not running away. The Scizor, Deerling, and Drapion following them didn't seem like they were out for a pleasant stroll in the snow, either. The Carnivine withdrew its vines from the street, crooning softly to Rosemary. The Rocket Agent looked up and, upon spotting the trio -- and after checking to make sure the girl in the group was not Shannon Willows -- approached them with an air of command.

 

"I'm going to have to ask you to get off the streets," Rosemary said, flashing her Rocket badge at the trainers. For her credit, the strike team leader did not flinch at the sight of the Pokémon in front of her. She gave a slight smirk. "Celadon City is now under Rocket command until we can sort out the situation at hand. Executive's orders."

 

IC: Agent Oliver - Skies Above Celadon

Rocket Agent Oliver had been having a pretty spectacular day. Thanks to a sudden snowstorm, he had been promoted from Strike Team Beta -- The B Team, as ruefully called it -- to Strike Team Omega. Instead of a land invasion, he was able to attack Celadon from above on his majestic Gyarados. That is, until a Thunderbolt came out of nowhere and shot his Pokémon out of the sky.

 

And thus Agent Oliver found himself gripping his Gyarados' scales for dear life as the serpent writhed through the air on his way toward the ground far below. Oliver closed his eyes against the impact. And so, he did not see the rather official-looking man and his Gardevoir teleport into the street moments before he crashed down.

 

The Gyarados slammed into the cobblestones with enough force to form a small crater. The serpent had taken the brunt of the fall, but Oliver was still dazed, holding his head as he looked over at the man in a suit. "S-surrender now..." he said as he shakily stepped out of the crater. "Or prepare to fight."

 

IC: Dack/Madison/Luke/Shannon - Celadon City Streets, Between Shannon's House and Olivine Garden

"Anzu!" Madison cried, sending out her Froslass. "See what you can do to help Amelia out!" Anzu nodded and sent an Ice Shard into the clouds.

 

"Sorry, kiddo," Luke said. "But unless Willows here is holding out on us, Dack's Swellow is all we've got in terms of fliers!" Shannon frowned, but remained silent as she ran behind the trainers.

 

"Come on!" Dack urged as he continued to run. "We need to regroup with the others!" Upon hearing Ryan's question, he nodded. "She should be at the front. Problem is--" he pointed up to the cloud of swirling snow. "That could be anywhere."

 

OOC: Handing over control of these Rocket NPCs to the people battling them. Because controlling an entire army is a little ridiculous.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dack/Madison/Luke/Shannon - Celadon City Streets, Between Shannon's House and Olivine Garden

"Anzu!" Madison cried, sending out her Froslass. "See what you can do to help Amelia out!" Anzu nodded and sent an Ice Shard into the clouds.

 

"Sorry, kiddo," Luke said. "But unless Willows here is holding out on us, Dack's Swellow is all we've got in terms of fliers!" Shannon frowned, but remained silent as she ran behind the trainers.

 

"Come on!" Dack urged as he continued to run. "We need to regroup with the others!" Upon hearing Ryan's question, he nodded. "She should be at the front. Problem is--" he pointed up to the cloud of swirling snow. "That could be anywhere."

"I'll second that, but first we need to draw some fire, see if we can get a bit of a fix on them. That'll make it easier to dodge their attacks, and hopefully free a few other folks up to make it to the rally point at the same time." Amelia's tactical mind clicked into gear as she kept pace with Dack, Sina still blowing blue-tinged wind into the clouds as part of her Icicle Crash as she ran. "Would be even better if we could travel by rooftop all the way there, but I don't know the city's layout well enough to tell if that's an option. Any natives who might would know?" she asked, staring pointedly at Shannon.



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan

"Don't play dumb with me, Ray," Ryan said, gritting his teeth. "You and I both know you're hopelessly in love with Sonja." As he spoke, Garchomp took the Close Combat in stride, then slammed into Zangetsu with Outrage. A sharp crack echoed as Garchomp crashed through the dead tree. "You were so insistent on saving her when we were in Castelia that you wouldn't even let me try and help Ellen. You were so obsessed with keeping her safe from harm that you ditched us on Christmas, leaving your Togepi out in the cold to hand us the gifts you couldn't give us yourself. You were so bent on getting some alone time with Sonja in her dorm that you completely forgot I even existed!"

 

Ryan's Pokémon picked up on his emotions and redoubled their efforts. Dewott spun her scalchops faster in a Swords Dance of her own, still matching Hozukimaru blow for blow. Ampere was not deterred by Orihime's charm, and instead fired a Signal Beam while continuing to try and carry out the Take Down. While Missy was kept busy darting around in the shadows, Togie was struck by the Sucker Punch and tried to respond with a fast Aerial Ace. Quil, on the other hand, sprawled out on the ground when he became Disabled, leaving him wide open for the Shadow Ball. He looked up at Ryan questioningly, as his only remaining attacks that could damage the ghost would risk burning the city down if they got too out of control.

 

But Ryan was not paying attention to Quil's plight. His focus was entirely on the orange haired trainer in front of him. "You're too impulsive for your own good, Ray!" he shouted. "Sonja deserves better than the likes of you!"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ray==-

 

"I'm impulsive?" Ray asked, as his face tinged red for a moment at Ryan's accusations. "Did you ever stop to consider that I was trying to protect everyone?" Ray growled, as he whipped his right arm to the side, and clenched his fist.

"Both times I was wrong. But both times, I was trying to protect those who I had become friends with. Zach had just seemingly been killed the first time. And there was another near scare with Evan the second time. I'd known nothing but loss up until then, and you don't think I wouldn't try to save the few friends I had?" Ray scowled, as he looked at Ryan and shook his head.

 

"As for forgetting you... That day was just plain weird, from having to rescue Jenny, to being dropped from the air, to just..." Ray paused, as he wondered what he had been about to say, but shook his head. "I just wanted to tag along with Sonja. The fact that I had nowhere to stay was just another thing I needed to ask, but you know what? I didn't, because of that." Ray said, and then narrowed his eyes at Ryan.

 

"And what about you?" Ray asked, and crossed his arms. "How am I the impulsive one, when you were the one who didn't consider what just happened with Sophia? Or, how, just a few days ago, you nearly abandoned Drayden before you remembered him?" Ray asked, and then paused. "There's also that thing with Colette the other night, but I can't say I blame you there, since that was kinda surprising considering how she had seemed." Ray said with a nonchalant shrug, and then frowned.

 

"But what about when you chased off after Black on your own? And ended up getting yourself captured in the process? Like seriously, how did you manage that?" Ray looked at Ryan skeptically at that one; he seriously had no clue how Ryan had managed that. "Or how about when you invited Ellen on the quest to chase after a criminal?" Ray asked, and then froze, as the look on his face hardened. "... Or leaving Ellen on her own, when you were supposed to be responsible for her?"

 

Zangetsu roared out, as he crashed through the tree, and skidded along the ground to a stop. Now free, Zangetsu was officially able to use his new attacks. The Zangoose leaped up, and dashed toward the Garchomp quickly, as he tried to rapidly slash out with an X-Scissor; putting one of the new attacks to use.

 

Hozukimaru smiled in amusement, as he picked up his pace as well. The Dewott began to oddly glow, as he slashed out with an Air Slash with one shell, and a Night Slash with the second, knowing that the tides might just shift shortly, even as the glow began to intensify...

 

Orihime jumped over the signal beam, as tears flowed rapidly, not liking the fact that she was being chased by a rogue sheep, as she glanced over at Ray to see if he could give any orders; however, the orange haired trainer was not paying attention at all. Orihime forced herself to keep running, as she tried to outpace the Mareep even still.

 

Byakuya winced as the Aerial Ace collided with him; however, the Dark Steel type quickly gathered dark energy in his hand, and slashed out in response, aiming to unleash a Night Slash before the Togekiss could get too far away.

 

Rukia floated in the air, as she looked down with pity at the Typhlosion. She didn't want to fight Quil any more than he did, but yet, Ryan was causing this fight. Rukia closed her eyes for the moment, and then snapped them opened, and prepared a Shadow Ball as Aizen appeared once more. The Kadabra let himself get hit by the Mismagius on purpose, as Rukia launched off a Shadow Ball at Missy as she appeared after the attack.

 

OOC: Is this what you're searching for, are you scared to know the truth?

Edited by An/A Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan
"It's not like I knew Hayes was going to come after Ellen!" Ryan cried. "You have no right to call me irresponsible when you're the one who told her on Christmas Eve that Evan had died! Like, seriously Ray, who does that?"
 
Garchomp staggered back from Zangetsu's retaliation, but continued his Outrage, aiming to throw the Zangoose against another tree. Ampere kept up the chase, sending a Confuse Ray toward the tiny Togepi before releasing a Thundershock. Togie let the Night Slash hit him, but used the opportunity to charge and fire a point-blank aura sphere at the Bisharp.
 
Missy grimaced in pain as the Shadow Ball hit her. Then with a nod at Quil, the two of them switched targets. Missy Shadow Sneaked towards Rukia, preparing a Power Gem to launch immediately after the sneak attack. Meanwhile, Quil got to his feet and tried to Quick Attack Aizen before the Kadabra could teleport again.
 
Dewott parried the Air Slash with one of her shells, and responded with a Night Slash of her own with the other shell. At that moment, the glow that had enveloped Hozukimaru shone from Ryan's Dewott as well. The sea otters' bodies morphed into a more quadrupedal form, although they each remained on their hind legs. The scalchops in their hands extended into seamitars -- longswords that allowed the Pokémon to fight even more effectively. With a ruthless grin, Ryan's Samurott swung her new sword at Hozukimaru.
 
OOC: Don't you dare try and pull me into your world.
 
Samurott's profile coming when my brain is no longer a Pumpkaboo from staying up so late.

EDIT:

Species: Samurott (female)
Nickname: Samurott
Trainer: Ryan Sanders
Appearance: Her facial hair is less prominent than with most Samurott
Personality: Samurott loves to fight. She will often act rash, but the power that comes with her evolution allows her to back up her claims. She is a little more wise about knowing when she’s in a situation she can’t handle, but when she’s caught up in the heat of battle she’ll often refuse to back down even if the odds are stacked against her.
Ability: Shell Armor
Specialty: Very fast and strong with Physical Attacks
Known Moves: Revenge, Aqua Tail, Razor Shell, Swords Dance, Aqua Jet Megahorn, Night Slash (egg move)
Number of Battles: 17 (Gible, Ninetails (x2), Luvdisc, Hojohsin League (x2), Gligar, Hayes (x3), Black, Rotom, Seven (x2), Behemoth, Blaziken, Hozukimaru)

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Half-jam for the Ryan responses.

 

-==IC: Ray==-

 

"Yet Sophia didn't find her either." Ray retorted to the first point. "Who knows how long she's been gone? Not you, that's for sure, because you haven't been here to watch her." Ray said pointedly, and then narrowed his eyes to the second point. "I know I was in the wrong there, for the stuff at Village Bridge." Ray stated, as he shook his head.

 

"If I had've had a clear head, do you think that I would have just accepted Evan being dead? I wouldn't've just given up. I know I wasn't thinking right, and I've tried to stop that since I took off from Village Bridge; but that doesn't matter to you, now does it?" Ray asked with a growl, as he wasn't sure what could make Ryan understand, at all.

 

All the while, Orihime had been making a valiant effort to dodge the attacks; however, despite her managing to avoid the Confuse Ray, she could not avoid the Thundershock, which slammed into the egg-like Pokemon, and sent her tumbling across the ground to a stop.

 

Ryan narrowed his eyes as Orihime took the hit and fell to the ground. "Doesn't matter to me?" he said with a sneer. "You haven't changed one bit, Ray. Even now you're ignoring Orihime. Just like you've ignored everyone else."

 

"What are you talking...?" Ray said in confusion, and then looked over in surprise at Orihime, as she rolled to a stop in front of him. "Orihime..." Ray mumbled, as he frowned, and fished for the Pokeball to recall her. "I'm... I'm sorry, I'll let you have a rest now..." Ray said, as he wondered what he was thinking, sending out the tiny Pokemon against Ryan's team.

 

The next moment, however, he inhaled quickly, as the Togepi pushed herself to her feet, and looked up at Ampere in new determination. Ray opened his mouth in shock, as if to say something, and then closed it again. I see. Ray thought, as he recalled the Metronome attacks from the other day. Ray smiled slightly, as he chuckled, and suddenly understood a bit more.

 

"You're still making her fight?" Ryan scoffed. "You don't know your Pokemon's limits. Togie! Show Ray what true power is!" Togie turned from Byakuya and looked hesitantly at Orihime. Wanting to show a display of power but not wanting to hurt the tiny Togepi, Togie merely rose into the air, his body beginning to glow with the power of a Sky Attack.

 

"Heh. It's the exact opposite, Ryan. I'm only just realizing Orihime's limits." Ray said, as his smile widened. "I understand now." Ray said, as he closed his eyes, and shook his head. "I haven't given her a chance. The fact that she surprised me the other day, should not be a thing." Ray said, and looked over at Orihime, who looked from Togie to Ray, and then nodded. "Orihime, I'm sorry. I should have trusted in your strengths a long time ago... But... How about we make up for lost time? Orihime! Show Ryan just what you've got!!" Ray said, as he shot his hand forward as a signal to the Togepi.

 

Orihime began to glow in response, a confident smile on her face, as the brilliant glow grew stronger and stronger. When it temporarily faded, a Togetic hovered in the air... But that was not it. Ray seemed surprised for a moment, but simply smiled again. I get it...! Ray thought, a beaming smile on his face. All these fights... Sonja... Dragonspiral... Opelucid... They've just been building up her strength, even though she just watched for most of them, or was knocked out early. The key, has always been how much we trust each other... Ray thought, as the Togetic began to glow with the force of the sun once again. When the glow finally faded, there was instead a majestic Togekiss where the Togepi and Togetic once were.

 

Orihime looked up at the other Togekiss, who was still gathering energy, an apologetic smile on her face. However, the Togekiss flew directly toward the other one, and focused, as she gathered up a deep and ancient power from inside herself, and launched that very Ancient Power out toward Togie. Even as she did so, the Togekiss dove down quickly, both because she was not used to how flying worked, and because she had to get out of the way of the Sky Attack before it could hit.

 

Ray looked away from Orihime, as he targeted Ryan once more. "Do you see that? You're to thank for that. However, you're not the Ryan who I know; who I consider a friend. But I know that you're still in there, somewhere. I trust you to make the right decision in the end... I don't care if you see me as some sort of villain right now, I'm just going to do what I know is right... And drag you back, no matter what! Not just for you; not just for me. For Evan, Sonja, and... for Ellen." Ray said, as he pointed at Ryan, to emphasize his point. "I may not be perfect at talking to others or helping out... But I'm going to help, in the only way I know how; through my wild battle style. I'm going to bring you back, even if I have to take you down to do it!" Ray yelled out, as he knew, deep inside, that he'd want the others to do the same, if he ever got like this.

 

Ray's team was rather rallied by the sudden light and Ray's battle cry. Zangetsu's eyes widened, and then hardened, as the Zangoose reinforced its stance, and gathered up power for one more Close Combat, as it launched forward to directly counter the Garchomp this time. The Bisharp was sent staggering back from the Aura Sphere, which had rather hurt, and looked over, as he noticed the poor Mareep jumping into the air to try and get at Orihime constantly. Byakuya sighed, and walked over to the Mareep, and attempted to slash out with a Night Slash quickly.

 

Quil's Quick Attack worked rather well, as Aizen was knocked off balance. However, the Kadabra quickly created a barrier, and waited, as he tried to regain his focus before attacking any more. Meanwhile, Rukia took the Shadow Sneak directly, wincing in pain as well, as she tried to quickly Disable the Power Gem, as some of it clipped her 'shoulder'. In response, however, the Froslass launched off a Shadow Ball once more, as she tried to think of some way better to attack.

 

Hozukimaru raised his shell sword 'seamitar' to block the blow, as he was sent stumbling back from the impact, thanks to being unused to the new shift in his body. However, Hozukimaru barely managed to find a foothold, and his eyes gleamed, as he shot forward, attempting to use the Aqua Jet to counter attack quickly. Sadly for Hozukimaru, he overshot, and landed in a tree, getting tangled up in it for a moment, before he crashed to the ground, a disdainful look on his face that that could happen.

 

OOC: -2 Reward Points

 

Nickname: Orihime

Species: Togekiss

Trainer: Ray Hakuda

Gender: Female

Appearance: No difference.

Personality: Orihime always wishes to prove her strength to Ray, as he always brushes her abilities off just because she's a spiky egg thing. She does seem somewhat Naive however, though whether that's true or not can't be seen due to Orihime not having psychic powers.

 

Since her evolution, Orihime has become a lot more serene... And a lot ditzier and naive. However, the trust between Togekiss and Trainer has never been stronger, after Ray's realizations.

Ability: Serene Grace

Specialty: Defense +, Special Attack ++, Special Defense +, Attack -

Known Moves: Wish, Ancient Power, Metronome, Safeguard, Extrasensory(EGG), Air Slash

 

Charm to Ancient Power, Present to Air Slash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan

Ryan growled as Togie was struck by the Ancient Power, knocking him back into a tree. He gave Orihime a dazed look. He was impressed at her sudden evolution, although he still felt bad about attacking her. But Orihime's determination seemed to ignite his own, and Togie rocketed off of the tree, aiming his Sky Attack for where the other Togekiss was about to land.

 

"You're right, Ray, I'm not the Ryan you thought you knew," the Liberty Agent said. "The Ryan you thought you knew was weak. Pathetic. But I'm better than that. At least I had the guts to ask Sonja to dance! You couldn't even find a room if its number was plastered on the door!"

 

Garchomp charged at Zangetsu, hitting him with another Outrage with all his might, adrenaline rushing through his veins. He felt the pain of the Close Combat, but he knew that the Zangoose's strong attacks were compromising its defenses. Ampere bleated in surprise as the Night Slash struck her thick wool. She turned around and fired a Signal Beam at Byakuya before leaping back toward the falling Orihime.

 

Quil quickly let out a small Smokescreen to block Aizen's vision. He knew the Kadabra would find it much harder to teleport if he couldn't see anything. As the smoke surrounded the two Pokémon, Quil sent out a Swift attack at his opponent. Missy tried to respond with another Power Gem, but found the move Disabled. Instead she Shadow Sneaked to avoid the Shadow Ball, then softly sang a Perish Song in Rukia's ear. The ghost cackled, quickly darting away before the Froslass could retaliate.

 

Samurott smirked as she held her seamitar at Hozukimaru's throat. She twirled the other sword around in her hands, slowly becoming acquainted with her new form.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Samurott approved, by the way. >>'

 

-==IC: Ray==-

 

Zangetsu slammed to the ground, and rolled a little ways away with a groan. The Zangoose slowly pushed himself to his feet, but staggered slightly from the sheer damage he had taken in general, before he fell back down to a knee. Ray spared a glance over, and knew that Zangetsu was near his limits, and knew that he just couldn't continue to fight like this. Ray recalled the injured Zangoose, and frowned slightly, as he focused back on Ryan. Byakuya, meanwhile, staggered back from the Signal Beam, and summoned sword with Swords Dance; before attempting to unleash a Night Slash once more, before the Mareep could continue her attack on Orihime.

 

"And please, tell me how that turned out." Ray said with a chuckle, as he looked at Ryan. "I'd say the Ryan I knew was better than this. Tell me; how do you think Ellen would react to this? Or; ask yourself..." Ray said, and looked Ryan right in the eye. "What do you think Quil thinks? He made sure to get me when you ran off. Do you think he's impressed with how you're acting right now?" Ray asked. He knew this was not Ryan's true self; his reactions before he ran off, and after he found Ryan said that much.

 

Rukia, however, seemed shocked as Missy sang the Perish Song in her ear. The Froslass whirled and tried to launch a Shadow Ball at her, but knew it was too late as the other ghost vanished again. Rukia turned, and focused on other efforts, as she breathed in, and moved toward the Garchomp quickly, intent on letting loose a Blizzard on the dragon type.

 

"You know how I know this isn't the real you right now, Ryan?" Ray asked, before he frowned slightly. "Because the real Ryan isn't selfish. The real Ryan would gladly lay down his life just to save his friends... The fight at the Sinjoh Ruins showed that. As did you joining in against Sophia in Coeur Tower when Evan and I tried to keep you safe. And how you stubbornly went after Black to try and help someone you didn't even know." Ray said, and shook his head. "Yeah. You're impulsive. But you're not selfish. And right now, you're being as selfish as anyone could be." Ray said, and then closed his eyes.

 

Aizen might not have been able to see. However, he could still sense. While that wouldn't help with teleporting out, it most definitely did help with Aizen's counter attack. He focused, letting the swift hit him. The damage slowly added up and continually battered at his concentration; however, the Kadabra let loose a Psychic after a few moments, which attempted to at least take the focus off of the psychic type for a while, and bide his time.

 

"... I like Sonja. Pretty much anyone could guess it, obviously, and I've had my times where I've pretty much made it plain as day. But I respect her. I know that whatever happens, is her choice. Doesn't mean I don't worry when things happen like during the Opelucid fight, or that I don't wish that I could change things I obviously messed up badly, but it also doesn't mean that I just obsess over things. I hesitate because I'm logical." Ray admitted, and looked at Ryan with a frown, as he recalled both what allowed Orihime to evolve, and what he told Ryan, even though Ryan seemed to ignore it.

 

The Togekiss looked up in surprise, as she hadn't expected the attack to have done that much damage, and looked apologetically at Togie. The Togekiss breathed in, however, and wagged the tip of her wing, as she flew directly toward Togie's attack; being a bit reckless, but trying to show that Ray had not been misguided. The other newly evolved Pokemon, however, seemed surprised as the second Samurott seemed to have him cornered. However, Hozukimaru noticed that Zangetsu had been fainted; and saw his chance. Hozukimaru very quickly ducked to the right, as the tip of the seamitar opened a small cut; however, the Samurott then pushed off, and unleashed a full powered Retaliate against the other Samurott quickly...

 

"You know what?" Ray asked, as he looked up to the sky, hoping upon hope that he was making a good decision. He was banking everything on this one shot. Ray closed his eyes, and then spread his arms out. "Go ahead. If you really think you're beyond redemption; beyond being yourself, your true self..." Ray opened his eyes, as the orange orbs seemed to pierce through Ryan. "Then do what you wanted to from the start of this fight."

 

Trust your friends.

 

OOC: I have myself to follow - That's who I choose to live for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan

Samurott raised a seamitar to defend herself, but Hozukimaru's fierce Retaliation hit it aside. Samurott quickly went into a more defensive stance, realizing that she had thought too soon that the battle had been won. She gripped her other seamitar in both hands and swung it at Hozukimaru with all her might, the pain from her opponent's attack fueling her Revenge.

 

"You're a fool, Ray," Ryan said as he slowly walked towards him, his hands clenched into fists. "I'm not being selfish... I just want my fair share. But it's people like you who are keeping me from it!"

 

Togie rammed into Orihime with a Sky Attack, uttering a small apology to his fellow Togekiss as they collided. However, behind Orihime, despite taking another Night Slash, Ampere leapt up into the air, still insistent on finishing her previously attempted Take Down. She sent off a Discharge ahead of her, hoping to deal more damage to the now-part-Flying-Type. The little sheep was so focused on her goal that she didn't even realize that her attack would hit Togie as well.

 

"Everyone gets their chance in the spotlight!" Ryan yelled as he continued to walk across the battlefield towards Ray. "Everyone but me! I'm through with taking the back seat! And if you think not defending yourself is going to make me not attack you, then you're in for a world of pain!"

 

Quil paused when he heard his name. He peered through the smoke, but was unable to see what his trainer was doing. The Typhlosion frowned, wondering how much further this fight would go on for. And so he had no way of knowing the Psychic attack was coming until it was too late. Quil hit the ground, wondering just what was going through Ryan's mind. Garchomp roared in pain as Rukia's Blizzard covered him in a thin layer of ice. He tried to continue his Outrage, but the ice combined with his confusion caused him to miss horribly, crashing into a nearby dead tree and knocking it down.

 

Ryan paused as one of his Samurott's seamitars skidded across the ground at his feet. He picked the weapon up, sizing it up in his left hand. He pointed the blade at Ray, glaring at him in a cold fury. "En garde, lover-boy." He drew the weapon back. But he hesitated. Was this truly what he wanted? What would Sonja say? What would Ellen say? The seamitar suddenly felt incredibly heavy in his hand. His arm started to shake as he glared at Ray, not wanting to reveal his internal conflict. What was he doing? He didn't want to kill Ray any more than he'd wanted to kill Hayes. The weapon dropped to his side as Ryan fell to his knees. "W-what is wrong with me...?" he asked in a shaky whisper.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ray==-

 

Orihime was hit by the other Togekiss, and nodded; however, then, they were both shocked by discharge that was aimed their way, and on top of that, Orihime was hit by the Take Down. Orihime wasn't unconscious, however, she was unable to fight, and simply laid there with a dazed look on her face.

 

Byakuya watched what happened with Orihime, and sighed, as he shook his head. The Bisharp wondered just what was going through the Mareep's mind, as he dashed forward, and attempted to use an Iron Head on the Mareep in response, since it would probably be satisfied by landing the one attack it had wanted to the entire fight.

 

Hozukimaru smiled, as he dashed forward to meet the Samurott's attack with a roar; not even attempting to block the Revenge attack, as he unleashed a Night Slash in retaliation, aiming to take the Samurott down with him, if nothing else.

 

Rukia panted, as she noticed the Garchomp crash into the tree, and sighed, as she turned away from it for the moment, not thinking it an actual threat.

 

Ray waited, as he noticed Ryan's arm shake. Truth be told, he was scared; there was a very real chance that he had underestimated the situation, and Ryan was too far gone. However, he had to trust in his instincts, that he was making the right call, and that Ryan was still Ryan. Ray silently let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding, as the Seamitar dropped to Ryan's side, and the Liberty trainer fell to his knees.

 

"I don't know." Ray admitted, as he took a cautious step forward, and tried to place a hand on Ryan's shoulder. "All I know, is that you don't need to stoop to these levels. I'd say you've had more time in the spotlight than a lot of our little group. But... Just what is a fair share? Because I'm not trying to keep attention away from you. But not all attention is good." Ray said, as he hoped that Ryan was actually starting to listen.

Edited by An/A Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: ???, Fortree Outskirts

 

"About...time.....I found....you, Ryan Sanders.", a voice said, sounding quite exhausted from overexertion, "I am not good at running, or giving directions, it seems."

 

The two turned to see what appeared to be a young man, dressed in a maroon long sleeved shirt, with light brown pants, He was panting heavily, as if he had run all the way over to where Ryan and Ray were. The young man looked at Ryan, as if disappointed with him.

 

"Either that or you are just too thick skulled for your own good, Drama King." The youth said, sounding quite annoyed.

 

"Huh....?" Ray frowned, a skeptical look as he looked over toward the newcomer, as his brow furrowed. "Who are you?" Ray asked, as he wondered if this was one of Ryan's friends, since they were in Fortree after all. However, something seemed to tell Ray that it was not the case after all...

 

"Drama King...?" Ryan's eyes widened with sudden realization as he picked up the seamitar and shakily stood back up. "It was you! You're the one who's been in my head!"

 

"Yes, I am, Ryan Sanders.", the young man said, his panting slowing down, "I would have rather not, but I had no choice. As for who I am, Ray Hakuda, you may call me Albero DeLargo. Or....If it pleases you, you may call me by my less desired name..."

 

As he spoke, Albero's body became consumed by an orange aura. An aura that echoed with hunger......

 

"Gluttony."

 

OOC: "Address me with your words~"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lachina Adaon

 

Lachina smiled and raised a hand to the man's offer. "Thank you sir, but that should go to someone who needs it more." she said, before looking around. There was a man sitting not too far away next to a Skarmory who seemed angry if anything....

 

"Excuse me sir?" the Ranger asked, approaching him. "What's bothering you?"

IC: Dahlia Seaton

 

"R-Right......" the middle Seaton stammered in response to Palmer. "Everyone! We need to regroup back at the Olivine Garden!" she said to her Pokemon, who all went over to her side. Dahlia looked at Laurel, who shrugged as the snow continued to fall down.

"It's still snowing..... What's happening....?" the gardener muttered, before turning to Palmer, Stacy, and Erika again. "Palmer's right! Once we're back at the Olivine Garden we can figure out a plan!" she declared, before running back to the Olivine Garden as fast as possible, with everyone else in tow.

 

IC: Aspen Seaton

 

"Rooftops?!" Aspen repeated incredulously in response to Amelia. "I don't know if you're a ninja or an acrobat or something, but I don't think most of us can run on freaking rooftops! Count me out of that idea!" he said, continuing to sprint in the direction of the Olivine Garden.

 

IC: Olivia Seaton

 

"Come on, Zach!" Olivia cried, trying to snap Zach out of his sudden stupor. "We need to get back quickly! Then we could figure out what's happening..." she muttered, gripping Zach's hand and running through the streets as fast as she could. 

 

IC: Aria/Amethyst

 

Olivia and Dahlia with their respective groups came into view, running in from different directions. The two siblings looked around for their brother and the others, and frowned as it was clear they were still out in the city......

 

"About time you lot showed up." Aria said with a slight hint of annoyance and not much more, before throwing another supercharged Aura Sphere into the sky, which struck an unfortunate grunt's Skarmory, sending the Rocket agent tumbling down to the city below. "I hope we have a plan figured out because otherwise we're all doomed."

 

"Heads up!" Olivia cried, throwing an object at Amethyst, who caught it psychically. "Shadow Ball TM. Figure now's the best time for you to learn it...."

"Thanks." Amethyst said, taking the TM in her hand before pulling up a psychic barrier again to deflect a Thunder attack. "A bit busy trying to keep the base safe though..... So if anyone could help that'd be great."

 

"Erika, we might need those Gym Trainers a-about now..." Dahlia said with a nervous gulp.

 

IC: Jet

 

The Braviary flew faster than he had ever done so before. His blood was rushing. This was war. War meant fighting.....

 

And he would gorge himself full on the bloodshed.

 

Then Jet's eyes saw a Charizard on top of a skyscraper. The Braviary immediately rushed at the fire lizard, screeching a bloodcurdling cry as he tackled into it with an Aerial Ace. The two Pokemon were sent tumbling towards the streets below, while Jet first slashed at the Charizard's chest with a Crush Claw before using his sharp talons to restrain it, and began viciously tearing away at the Flame Pokemon with his hooked beak, vision already tinted red...... 


Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Erika/Stacy==-

 

"Hmm... I think I can send out a message quickly, though I'm not sure how fast everyone can gather." Erika said, as she pulled out her Pokegear quickly, and started to type up a mass email to her trainers. The Gym Leader frowned, as she looked up to the sky, and shook her head, before sending of the message. "This is exactly why I wanted to stay out of the war; but evidently it just can't be avoided..."

 

Stacy, meanwhile, looked over at Palmer, and shook her head. "There's nothing that I can do, that the doctors there can't. Even if someone were needed to be there, the doctors said Lucia was there, so I'm better off helping here." Stacy said, and then nodded to Dahlia with a smile. "Right you are!" Stacy said, as the four trainers approached the restaurant...

 

-==IC: Zach==-

 

"Right." Zach said, as he looked ahead once more, and started to run, as he saw the restaurant coming into view. "I just wish this had've waited a little longer..." Zach muttered, as he sighed.

 

-==IC: Restaurant==-

 

Zach panted, as he noticed the other group how up at the same time. Zach stayed quiet for the first part, but then noticed Ryan and the others show up too. "So that's Shannon?" Zach asked, as he saw the non-redhired girl, and Ryan nodded, but frowned.

 

"She's not here to fight. We need to get to Wright, now." Ryan said, and Zach was caught off guard, but nodded. Ryan, however, scowled at the sky. "This would be so much easier if it wasn't cloudy and snowing; what even caused this, anyway...?" Ryan asked, as he kept scanning the skies to see if he couldn't catch any glimpse of where Hannah might be at all.

 

Erika thought for a moment, as she considered Dahlia's comment. She looked around, as she saw a couple girls show up, but no-one else just yet. "I'm sorry, but it looks like we might have to wait a bit longer... This sudden snowfall probably has a lot of people panicking." Erika said with a frown, as she sent out her Vileplume to begin with.

 

-==IC: Ray==-

 

"'Gluttony'?" Ray repeated, and narrowed his eyes, as he quickly glanced around, and recalled his fainted Pokemon, even as the smoke screen slowly began to clear. "That's the name of one of the seven sins... Are you related to the other people we've heard about?" Ray asked, quickly catching on with a frown, as he hoped that his team was able to fight enough that he could help out... After all, if the two from the other day had destroyed the R&D department, then this guy had to be strong...

 

-==IC: Colette/Jayron==-

 

Kammy and Vivian followed up their attacks with a joint Water Pulse. Lucina seemed to stagger back for a moment, before rushing toward the Clauncher and launching it into the air with a Sky Uppercut. Vivian managed to Endure the attack but found herself dazed.

 

The Lucario then attempted to Extremespeed toward Kammy, but Myriam leapt in the way, throwing up a Quick Guard to block the attack. With a slight growl, Lucina fired an Aura Sphere at the Mienfoo. Myriam tried to strike with Force Palm, but Lucina Countered the move, flinging Myriam back toward Colette. Kammy quickly summoned a small Aura Sphere, to which Lucina responded with one of her own. Kammy staggered back, wondering if they'd be able to win against Colette's old master.

 

Koga laughed from within the cloud of dense smoke. "A true ninja uses the abilities of Pokémon to his utmost advantage!" There was a flash of light and a burst of flame, as the gunpowder Koga had thrown down ignited, searing Servine with a burn. A whoosh on the wind was the only warning of the ninja's movements as he snuck up behind Aqua and dug a poison dart into the Swampert's slimy skin.

 

Jayron grimaced. His mental link with his Pokémon allowed him to know what had happened, but he found himself unable to track the Unown's illusion with his aura. However, he allowed himself a small smile as Koga fired another dart at Absol -- only for it to pass through the Double Teamed copy. "You aren't the only one with tricks up your sleeve," he called out. "The real Koga taught me to work with my Pokémon -- my partners, my friends -- rather than rely solely on my own skills. The Unown made a fatal mistake when they didn't give you your Pokémon." The aura wielder closed his eyes. He may not have been able to read his opponent's aura, but through his link with his Pokémon, he was able to sense Koga's movements from three perspectives at once. He fell silent, dedicating all his mental power to analyzing the situation and issuing mental commands to his partners.

 

Attacking Absol's copy had thrown Koga off balance enough for Jayron to launch a counterattack. The real Absol leapt forward, her scythe glowing dark red as it sliced Koga's arm with Night Slash. Absol was gone as quickly as she had appeared, just as Aqua blasted the ninja with the force of a Waterfall. Before Aqua's attack had even ended, Servine sent a Twister toward Koga.

 

Jayron opened his eyes and took a step forward as the smoke started to clear. "Did you forget, or did the Unown just not give you the proper memories?" he asked, his voice as cold as ice. "Ninja techniques are nothing compared to the bond one shares with his Pokémon."

 

Zwelious opened her twin mouths and fired a Hyper Voice at the Deoxys. The attack slowed it down enough for Jayron's Lucario to grab it with Extremespeed, pummeling it with Bone Rush as he slammed the alien into a lamp post. The Deoxys' eyes glowed as it morphed into Attack Forme and fired a point blank Zap Cannon. The attack should have shot Lucario through the wooden fence on the opposite side of the street. But the fence was surprisingly sturdy, and Lucario crumpled to the ground, his vision swimming. Zwelious wasted no time in using her Earth Power while the Deoxys was slowed. She pushed through her opponent's repeated Hidden Powers, responding with a shower of Dark Pulses.

 

Lucario painfully got to his knees. One glance behind him told him the reason for his pain. Part of the fence had chipped, revealing a layer of solid rock where there should have been wood. The illusion was starting to break.

 

Colette glanced over to Jayron's side of the fight, as her Pokémon continued to trade blows with Lucina. However, a sudden glow caught her attention, and the aura wielder glanced back, only for her eyes to widen. The glow surrounded Myriam, the recent battles having pushed her to the next level. The Mienfoo grew taller and more agile as she transformed into a sleek Mienshao. Myriam took a moment to adjust to her new body, and then leaped up into the air. Lucina looked up with a smile, expecting the Mienshao to simply use an Aura Sphere. However, the illusionary Lucario's eyes widened in surprise as the Mienshao and dropped down from the air with a kick, planting her foot in Lucina's face.

 

Metagross took the opportunity to hold Lucina down with Psychic. The energy served not only to damage the Aura Pokémon, but also to hold her in place while Myriam attacked.

 

Myriam was grateful for that. Lucina seemed to be surprised by the tag team effort, and was caught off guard when Myriam shot her hands forward at Lucina's face to fake her out, and then quickly fired off an Aura Sphere before jumping into the air once more. Lucina broke free shortly after that, but she couldn't avoid the Jump Kick, and once more got sent flying backwards.

 

Metagross followed up with a Hammer Arm, ramming Lucina into the ground. The concrete rippled from the force, and a small portion turned to stone -- the result of the Unown's illusion shattering in that spot.

 

As Deoxys and Zwelious continued to battle each other, the streets and houses around them began to disintegrate. Then the entire Fuchsia City illusion shattered. The combatants were given a brief look at the chamber called Viapois, with a mass of Unown swirling all around, before their surroundings twisted once more.

 

The group found themselves on a wide platform, situated above a massive swirling vortex of energy. Koga, Lucina, and Deoxys barely seemed to notice the change, although Jayron had to close his eyes to stop the world from spinning. Zwelious was disoriented enough that Deoxys regained the upper hand, launching a flurry of Shadow Balls at the two headed dragon.

 

"Ugh..." Colette mumbled, as she tried to close her eyes to prevent the sudden shift from getting to her. However, the vertigo overwhelmed her and she staggered backwards, unable to fight off the unbalancing effect of her motion sickness.

 

'Collie' groggily opened her eyes. The Metagross' Hammer Arm had done quite a number on her. She looked around at the battlefield. If the sudden shift in location surprised her, she didn't show it. Instead, she seemed more worried about the fact that Koga and Lucina appeared to be defeated. She turned her gaze toward Colette, who still held Alexa in her arms. The doppelganger readied an attack, hoping to take Colette by surprise. Then her eyes widened as she saw Colette stumble back and fall off the platform, taking the girl she had sworn to protect down with her.

 

Colette's eyes shot open, as she felt a sudden moment of weightlessness. She quickly reached out with her hand, and barely managed to grab onto the edge of the platform, unnerved slightly at the fact that the illusion seemed to be even more real this time. She also adjusted her grip on Alexa, wrapping her free arm under Alexa's arms so that the young girl wouldn't fall either... As she hung there, Colette looked up dizzily, unsure if she could actually pull herself up with the young girl in her arms.

 

Just then a hand reached down to grab Colette's arm. Her doppelganger poked her head over the edge of the platform and pulled her back up, straining from the effort. "You should be more careful," the double panted. The moment Colette was back on the platform, the clone grabbed Alexa and hugged her tightly. "Don't worry, Alexa," she sobbed into the unconscious girl's shoulder. "I promised I'd keep you safe. And I will. No matter what."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan
Ryan defensively raised the seamitar, taking a slight step back when the orange aura flared up around the man. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Missy and Rukia fall to the ground, the results of the earlier Perish Song taking its toll. Garchomp lay dazed in the wreckage of a fallen tree and Quil looked at him weakly from the ground. Both Togie and Orihime lay in a crumpled heap from Apmere's Discharge. The little sheep had been so busy congratulating herself on finally hitting her target that she never saw the Iron Head coming until it sent her flying across the forest. Samurott and Hozukimaru were still locked in combat, but both sea lions looked like they were about to collapse at any minute. Gluttony could not have chosen a more inconvenient time to reveal himself.
 
"Gluttony..." Ryan muttered. "If you're one of the Sins, you must have known the others." His voice quivered as he spoke. Did he really want to know the answer to his question? He took a deep breath. "Melanie and Melissa Garven. They were my friends. We weren't particularly close... but close enough that hearing what they had become brought me back here. You might have known them as Lust and Greed. A-are you like them? Did you.... know them?"
 
IC: Paul
Mr. Burks looked up at the young Ranger who stood before him with a heavy sigh. "I'm looking for my daughter," he said, the words coming automatic to him after having said them so many times the past few days. He forced a weary smile. "She's a few years younger than you. Sweet girl. The thought that she had to go through something like this... it breaks my heart." The blacksmith lowered his eyes to the ground, closing his eyes to stop his tears.
 
"A young girl, huh?" Lachina said, thinking momentarily. Then the image of that strange auburn haired girl came back to her, the empty melancholy in her eyes.... "I..... I might be able to help you." the Ranger replied. "Can you tell or show me what she looks like?"

 

"Is this her?" Drew asked, holding up a small portrait of a young girl.

 

Paul did a double take. "When did you...?" He reached for his wallet, only to find that it wasn't there.

 

"Here ya go," the street urchin said, handing back both the wallet and the picture. "Sorry, can't say I've seen her." Behind his back, Drew subtly passed a handful of bills to Alaina, who stuffed them in the folds of her dress.

 

Paul took the wallet and picture with an incredulous look at the young boy, then handed the photo to Lachina. "This is her. Her name's Ellen."

 

IC: Hannah - Skies Above Celadon

Charizard barely had time to rest before a frenzied Braviary slammed into it. The two spiraled down toward the streets below, as Hannah clung desperately to the fire lizard's back. She gripped her Pokémon with one hand, as she reached for her Pokéballs with the other, sending out her Noivern. The Noivern took one look at the Braviary and screeched in recognition, firing a point blank Boomburst and the war eagle in an attempt to draw its attention away from Hannah.

 

IC: Dack/Madison/Luke/Palmer/Shannon - Celadon City, Outside The Olivine Garden

Dack ignored both Aspen and Amelia. Every ounce of energy was focused on getting back to the restaurant as quickly as possible. When he arrived, he saw that Zach, Palmer, and the others were already there, with Erika in tow. People came out of the restaurant in a frenzy, looking up at the attacks raining down on them. One of the restaurantgoers spotted Dack and walked up to him. "This was all your idea -- so what are we supposed to do?" he demanded.

 

"Defend the city, what do you think?" Dack shot back. "It looks like most of the attacks are coming from the skies, so that should be our focus right now." He reached for a Pokéball, but Shannon grabbed his arm.

 

"No." she said forcibly. "Not until I get a chance to talk to Hannah."

 

Dack wrested himself out of her grip, staring at the girl incredulously. "Are you even seeing what's going on here?" he cried. "The last thing Hannah will want to do is talk!"

 

"That's what you think!" Shannon said with a glare. "But if you think I'm just going to let you--"

 

A sudden explosion ripped through the air as a Thunderbolt and Fire Blast struck the ground a few feet away from Dack and Shannon. The two were sent tumbling to the ground, where they landed hard.

 

"Dack!" Madison cried, rushing to his side.

 

"I'm fine," Dack insisted, sending out his Swellow.

 

"Where are you going?" Luke asked as Swellow grabbed onto Dack's shoulders and rose into the air.

 

"I'm going to find Hannah," Dack said. "I'm bringing her back here. But not before I make her pay for everything she's done!"

 

Shannon's eyes widened as she saw Dack take off. She tried to sit up, but grimaced as a wave of pain throbbed through her bloodied shoulder. All she could manage was a weak "No..." as she looked around at the destruction that the once-lively street had already suffered.

 

IC: Agent Draco Roberts - Skies Above The Olivine Garden

Agent Roberts clung to his Skarmory as Aria's Aura Sphere sent him careening toward the ground. As he sailed closer and closer toward what would be an incredibly untimely death, Roberts urged his Skarmory to aim his downward course toward the Lucario that had attacked them. He was prepared to show his enemies that they had messed with the wrong agent. He may not have been a commander, but he was far more than an ordinary grunt.

 

Skarmory began to glow as it charged up a Sky Attack. As they spiraled lower and lower, Agent Roberts finally jumped the last few feet to the ground, tucking into a roll as the Skarmory made its way toward Aria. Before his Pokémon had even collided with the Lucario, Roberts sent out his Greninja. The frog took one look at the battlefield before leaping toward Amethyst, its tongue extending in a lightning-fast Lick.

 

Roberts stood up, brushing a lock of hair to the side with a smile. "So this is where the party's at," he said with a sly grin, cracking his knuckles as he glanced around at the assembled trainers. "I was beginning to think this attack would be nothing of a challenge."

 

OOC: Control of Agent Roberts passed to JiMing. Have fun~!


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Bureaucrat – Chapel

 

A woman walked down the corridors of Chapel, a brown clipboard in her arms and a green Hippowdon on her tail. She let the Hippowdon follow her outside of her Pokeball for a display of strength to intimidate certain individuals who would dare make a mess of her domain.

 

No one makes a mess of her domain.

 

The technician she approached claimed complete innocence of the crimes she listed in her accusations, despite the problems being clearly in his jurisdiction to solve. He almost tried to make the mistake of brushing her off.

 

But one does not simply brush off the person who files your taxes.

 

After being informed that the current bureaucratic mess might mean that he might ‘accidentally be deported to the South Pole,’ he became much more willing to look into her problem.

 

“Do keep me informed,” the bureaucrat said curtly before leaving the technician to do her bidding.

 

The Hippowdon noticed the technician was sitting in a revolving chair, and decided to spin the poor man round and round with Whirlwind until the guy was near sick.

 

“Twister, no… Bad girl…” the trainer and bureaucrat lied, not caring to hide it.

 

The mess that she mentioned was much smaller than she made it sound. The technician’s desk had been a greater mess than the one in the bureaucracy (hence she allowed the Hippowdon to have her fun; because the desk honestly could not have been a bigger mess if they smashed his computer). In all honesty, it was just a few odd numbers, if consistently odd numbers, that could have had a number of explanations. However, the circumstances surrounding those numbers bothered her immensely. The fact that Team Liberty would attack Sootopolis with a legend was… questionable from a purely pragmatic standpoint. The fact that they had an outpost in Celadon, one of the most heavily Rocket controlled cities in all the regions, was even less likely. And the fact that Team Rocket intercepted the one email that implicated Team Liberty on all accounts was… convenient. All of these reasons made her distrust Executive Hannah Wright, the person responsible for informing Team Rocket on all of these accounts.

 

The bureaucrat would not have acted on these suspicions, however, if not for a bureaucratic irregularity. But she would have noticed the irregularity if not for her suspicions. Though once she saw the problem, it became increasingly impossible for her to dissuade herself that it was anything but foul play.

 

And foul play in her domain would not be tolerated.

 

But her authority was not enough to investigate Executive Hannah as she was definitely outranked. It was enough however, to make sure that someone who had that authority was available for her to speak to. The arranged meeting place was a simple conference room, one identical to many she had been in during her tenure at Requiem. And the person she had arranged to meet with was the son of the former Team Rocket Shadow Admin Bounty, Emmerich Coleman.

 

However that would be twenty minutes as she arrived early to make sure she had plenty of time to prepare for Coleman to arrive. She spent about five of those minutes before even she was tired of triple-checking what she knew she had with her. She would have continued anyway, if not for the Hippowdon sitting behind her. Twister looked at her trainer expectantly, doing her best “puppy-eyes” expression.

 

This made the bureaucrat chuckle, “Alright you win. We’ll listen to music for a little while. How about your namesake song? But we're turning the music off before he arrives. Sound good?”

 

Twister nodded happily.

 

The trainer pulled an IPad out of her purse and placed it on the table. On the IPad’s back was engraved the name of its owner Miriam Shields, who turned the device on and selected the song “Twister” to play.

 

Miriam and Twister merely listened contently to the beats and lyrics of Twister while they waited for the Coleman to arrive.

 

OOC: This version of the Twister for the end here.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Albero DeLargo, Fortree Outskirts

 

"I guess you could say I am like them.", Albero said, his face showing something akin to pity, "We are also unlike. They succumbed to the power that made us all who we are. I've managed to sort of resist it. As for you, I prefer Albero, Ray Hakuda. I chose to use your name, instead of your former codename, so you could at least use my real name too."

 

Albero sighed again, dimming the aura he exuded. He hated it. It always reminded him that there was no going back for him. He hated that he had to do what he had to do, and what he was going to do, if things didn't go well.

 

"I didn't know them personally though.", Albero said, shaking his head, "I hope they were better before becoming Lust and Greed. Enough chit-chat. Ryan Sanders, do you know what your sin is, and why I am here?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

"Dack, Shannon, just sett-" Ryan raised his arm suddenly, as the force from the exploding thunderbolt and fire blast pushed him back. Ryan looked up in shock at the street, and then growled, before he noticed Dack flying off, and Shannon on the ground. "Are you okay?!" Ryan asked, as he ran over to Shannon, as he noticed her shoulder was injured. Ryan looked up with a scowl, as Dack began to vanish among the snowstorm.

 

What are you even thinking? Ryan wondered, as he looked down to Shannon's injury, to make sure it didn't require immediate treatment or something. You're just going to get yourself killed, if this is any indication; yet you insist on going alone. You're an idiot, Dack. Ryan shook his head, as he frowned at Shannon. "Can you stand? What Pokemon do you have, anyway? Even if you don't fight, you'll need to defend yourself if you stay here." Ryan said, as he looked around, and noticed one of the Rockets land nearby, with a scowl on his face. This place; we're sitting ducks here. We need to move. Now. Before we're all added to the heap. Ryan thought, quickly sending out his Tyranitar to act as a shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Emmerich Coleman - Chapel, Meeting Room:

 

The meeting room doors opened at precisely the designated meeting time, not a second too early or too late. The man who entered was incredibly well-dressed, his clothes spotless and professionally pressed and tended to by only the most thorough of cleaners, and the many badges, metals, and stripes on his uniform all sat perfectly in place, their flawless formation the product of countless hours of practice. Striking blue eyes stared out from beneath a head of short, perfectly-groomed blond hair. Even his posture, straight-backed and forward, demonstrated a sense of effortless effort and care.

 

General Emmerich Coleman was, by all technical accounts, the ideal representation of the perfect Rocket Soldier.

 

"Good afternoon, Miss Shields," he said. "If you're ready to start, I won't hold you to this discussion any longer than the amount of time you requested."

 

IC - Sonja Baron/Maddison Hayes - Fortree City, Ground Level:

 

Hayes closed her eyes at Jenny and Evan's declarations, sighing. It was impossible to tell whether she was annoyed or amused. "I'd forgotten about the theatrics . . ."

 

"You're not missing much," Sonja said. "Loki, Bulk Up followed by a Dynamic Punch!"

 

With a grin and a shout, the Conkeldurr flexed his muscles, increasing his power and defense before charging forward. After stabbing one of his canes into the ground, he drew his fist back, the hand glowing with power as he thrust it forward. Hayes held a hand to her head, hers and Jynx's eyes both briefly glowing with the power of the Ice-Type's Forewarn ability. The next instant, Jynx had thrown her own hands upward, using Hidden Power to cause an explosion of earth beneath the Fighting-Type. It proved enough to block the attack. He quickly backed out before she could directly retaliate, leaving the dust to settle.

 

"Don't forget that we can see your strongest attacks coming," Hayes called. "It's Jynx's power. Now, Shadow Ball!"

 

Jynx drew her hands back towards herself, gathering dark energy in her palms. She let loose a chilling cry as she hurled the attacks at Loki and Boarlite . . .

 

IC - Kyle Eston/Esen Windred - Dendemille Town, Abandoned Windmills:

 

"Wait, what--?"

 

"Then it's settled," Esen said. She gestured to the largest windmill directly behind them, which appeared to be falling apart at the seams. "I'll be in here--I'm bound to find something there. Let's meet back up out here in an hour or so." Without waiting for a response, she turned and headed off, clearly set on her goal.

 

All Kyle could do was watch as she headed off. By the time she had disappeared into the broken-down windmill, he still had not moved, merely continuing to stare after her. Several moments passed before he let out a sigh, uncertain of whether he should be annoyed by her insistence on splitting up or glad that she at least had gained enough strength and sleep to take care of herself again. He paused only to give a question-filled look to Cero before turning and heading in the opposite direction, toward one of the sturdier mills.

 

 

Esen knew that most people would never dare to go into a place as decrepit as the windmill she was now standing in, for fear that it would collapse and bury the unlucky souls within. Even fewer would dare to enter with plans to battle something as strong as a Noivern, given that such an event would likely result in said building's collapse.

 

Esen, however, was not most people. And she was certainly not concerned with the possibility of a collapsing building, nor of being buried. So, with an ease of mind that could have rivaled the most zen of monks, she stepped across the creaky floorboards, pulling a flashlight out of her bag and shining it through the dark. Old crates littered the floor, and the mechanisms that had allowed for the turning of the wind blades appeared entirely broken. Similarly, the various ladders leading to the higher platforms above had all broken down with age, littering the space beneath them with wooden shards and sawdust.

 

It was an eerie and quiet place. Yet the longer she lingered there, the more aware she became of the sound of breathing directly above her position. After easing a hand down to Bat's Poké Ball, she slowly looked up.

 

And then immediately jumped backward as a massive, winged beast dropped down, almost landing on top of her. As she fell, she threw Bat's Poké Ball, releasing the Swoobat into the air. Esen rolled to a stop, quickly jumping to her feet and turning to face her target.

 

She smiled at the illuminated face of the Noivern, who did not appear angry so much as confused toward her arrival . . .

 

 

The door to the windmill was locked. Between that and the mechanical rumbling and buzzing coming from within, Kyle knew that something was . . . off. Indeed, the longer he looked at this particular windmill, the more he realized that it did not truly feet in with the others. It appeared too new, too polished. Almost like it had been refurbished--something that would not, by itself, have been suspicious, except that said refurbishments appeared to have included a brand new set of electrical lines leading from the rotational port where the blades connected down to the inside of the building--presumably allowing the turning blades to power whatever was housed inside of the structure.

 

Kyle raised a tentative hand, preparing to knock on the door, yet stopped before he could bring himself to do so. In his experience, if something felt and looked suspicious, then chances were that it was not, in fact, a good thing to just walk into.

 

Instead, he stepped back, releasing Sanshou and Kitheus before directing the former to hit the lock with Force Palm . . .

 

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner/Skye Hall/Leigh Rosemary/Rocket Strike Team Alpha - Celadon City, Streets:

 

Under the right circumstances, Agent Rosemary's claims might have been at least somewhat credible. But Ethan and Gavin knew enough about protocol and recent activity to recognize that something about the situation didn't fit, regardless of what was being fed to them. As if to emphasize the point, Gavin glanced at the piles of debris nearby, and then back at Rosemary. He furrowed his brow.

 

"An Executive ordered you to tear up the streets," he said flatly. "Just what kind of operation is this, exactly?"

 

"That is official Rocket business, not information for civilian ears," Rosemary said. "Please be on your way. I won't ask you again."

 

"Then I think we're more than qualified to hear the details," Ethan said. He held up his own Rocket badge. Rosemary frowned, watching as Gavin and Skye, too, produced badges. "And, believe it or not, it so happens that our most recent administrative contact was with Shadow Admin Joker herself--someone whom I'm sure would have made a point of mentioning this to everyone who's anyone in Team Rocket." His normally jovial expression had transformed into one of completely straight stoicism as he spoke, the calm look contrasting with the rapid thinning of Rosemary's lips. "So, please--actually, hold that thought."

 

His Poké Gear had beeped with a message from Lucia. With one palm held up, he read the contents, expression darkening with every sentence. Finally, he looked back up, eyebrow raised.

 

"You look like you want to say something, Agent Worth," Rosemary said. Behind her, several members of Strike Team Alpha had gathered, their own Pokémon by their sides. "Are we going to have a problem here, or are you going to walk away, right now, and save yourself a world of trouble?"

 

Ethan looked at Gavin and Skye. Both of the younger trainers merely glanced back at him, their expressions clear as day: I'll follow your lead. He locked eyes with Agent Rosemary. "I think," he said, his tone very plain. "That after everything we've seen in the past few days--things that you cannot possibly imagine, mind you--whatever 'problems' we have here are going to be child's play in comparison. In other words . . ." He pumped one fist against the other hand, cracking his knuckles. "We're going to have a problem."

 

And in that moment, all involved recognized just how quickly chaos could grow from a few simple words.


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:Amelia (+Sina/Sneasel)

Amelia shook her head at Aspen's lack of athleticism. Sometimes I wonder if some people would even survive without their Pokémon, she thought to herself. Directing Sina to keep up the barrage, the spy raced through the streets with the others, until finally arriving back at the Olivine Garden. "This is our base of operations? ...Not bad. Be better if we had more altitude, but beggars can't be choosers I guess."

 

Seeing Dack take fire and then take to the skies, she quickly barked orders to Sina. "Sina, switch to Ice Shard, but try and wait for a definite target!" she directed, not wanting to catch the allied trainer in the barrage. She swore, then ran to Madison's side, ignoring the Rocket agent who had just landed.

 

"Madison. One to ten it for me, how important is it we get someone up there with him?" she asked the other woman urgently, ready to alter her commands in an instant should Madison make pursit a priority.

Edited by Flipz


 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Cero hesitated, trying to find a way to communicate a justification to Kyle, but all he did was watch as the other turned around. He shrugged. Was he supposed to do something else? Was he doing what he was supposed to do wrong? He offered his opinion, and it took into account everything he knew regarding the situation. It was but the same conclusion Esen had--just as fairly--reached. 

 

Yet Kyle didn't seem to like it.

 

He tabled that train of thought and started walking away. It was alone time with his original friends. What could go wrong?, Cero thought to himself.

 

Distracted by that thought amid the windmills, he abruptly slipped and fell into an incline. His body and face planted in the grit. Discipline could have prevented that, he reminded himself, vigilance was the watchword, and worrying was foolish. He would learn it all if he did not know it.

 

He shifted, putting a hand on the wall of the dent to find more sand. But that wall was inclined in the opposite direction, and just as steep. He frowned. That wasn't something he'd seen before.

 

Cero lifted his face, wiping his eyes with the back of his other hand to remove the lids of sand, then opened them. He saw the sides of a sediment pit, a tan sheen above a jagged void and, in that sheen, a pair of insect eyes.

 

Cero pulled his cleaning hand back. The void expanded.

Edited by Stevens

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ray==-

 

Ray seemed surprised by the request; but nodded. "Alright." Ray said, however, he wondered what Albero was getting at. "I'm guessing you intend to fight one of us; and your focus on Ryan shows that it's not me, so if it's Ryan who's your target, I'm guessing his sin is Gluttony... Though, I don't recall him eating a ton, so I bet it's some other interpretation?" Ray asked, with a raised eyebrow.

 

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

Jenny watched eagerly, as the purplish ball of dark energy flew toward the Emboar. "Take the attack, and follow up in your own way!" Jenny called with a smile, as Boarlite winced at the attack slamming into her; and then proceeded to launch off a cloud of poison toward the Jynx in response; even as she slowly moved toward the opponent, ready to act when needed.

 

OOC: Incoming jam...

 

-==IC: Lucia/Jamie==-

 

The moment Stacy hung up, Clara pulled the handset of the phone away from her ear and stared at it, as if certain it had malfunctioned. "Well that can't be right..." Shrugging, she picked up Alex's chart and began to take it to the waiting room. "Miss...Zyther, was it? I have consent to explain what happened if you have a moment to--"

 

Just then, the building shook, the sound of a Hyper Beam striking the pavement outside roaring through the halls. A moment later, a man's voice rang worriedly through them as well.

 

"CLAAAAARAAAAAA!" The grumpy gray-haried doctor came barreling around the corner, skidding slightly on the freshly-waxed floor. "Clara, listen to me, we need to--what do you think you're doing? Put that down, this clearly isn't the time for that sort of thing." Clara opened her mouth to speak, but didn't have the time to get anything out. "Never mind that, come along, quickly, quickly!"

 

"Excuse me, Doctor, but is it too much to ask about our exit strategy?"

 

"Yes, yes, it's downstairs."

 

"Downstairs."

 

"Yes downstairs, below, on a level with a lesser altitude than this one."

 

"Well, can't you just bring it up here? Will only take a minute."

 

"Possibly, but would you like to risk one of those beams hitting here first?"

 

As if to accentuate the doctor's point, the sound of a Hyper Beam rang out again.

 

"...so basically run?" the woman asked.

 

"Basically, run," he confirmed, taking off, the woman in hot pursuit.

 

As she ran, Clara inadvertently dropped the clipboard she had been carrying. She turned back to the two Rocket agents and called out to them as she ran. "Chart's on the floor hope he feels better good luck!" And with one last wave from the woman, the strange duo of doctor and companion disappeared around the corner from whence he came.

 

Didi blinked in disbelief, then chittered away at Lucia for a few moments. Like a bolt of lightning, she tore down the corridors, coming back to Alex's room--curiously, the only room not now locked down with doctors inside. As she careened through the door, she shrieked at the top of her little lungs, garnering the attention of both Blissie and the formerly-asleep Eevee known as Sylph.

 

"Di! Didi! Ne dine di nene! Dinene di ne nedi!"

 

"Blii...? Blii bliiii?"

 

"Dinene! Nedi di dine!"

 

The two listened carefully as the Dedenne chittered away, but it wasn't until he mentioned their Trainer's sister that they catapulted into action. In sharp contrast to his earlier exhaustion-fueled lethargy, Sylph perked up and bolted out the door, following Didi's scent trail back to the waiting room. The slower Blissie made to follow, but stopped at the door.

 

"Bli?" she inquired.

 

Didi shook her head. "Nedi ne," she replied, settling down on her Trainer's chest for a watchful vigil.

 

With a sad nod, Blissie turned and followed her companion, leaving the one she had pledged to protect to defend the one she knew he would want her to save.

 

Lucia gave an odd look to the two, and then shook her head, as she quickly grabbed the chart from the floor, and then flipped through it, reading as fast as she could, as she winced against the impact of more attacks around the building. "What the... What does this even mean...?" Lucia mumbled in confusion, as she looked over at Jamie. "Come on, we have to go see what's happening."

 

"I'd bet Lamorak's Pokeball that the army has started their attack, which means we need to get out there now..." she said dropping Pelleas' and Lucan's Pokéballs, unleashing the Pokémon inside.

 

Lucia nodded, but frowned at the chart. "This seems weird, though, like, I don't really recognize a lot of the words here..." Lucia mumbled, but set it down for the moment, as she knew it wouldn't help Alex if everything was destroyed, and paused, as she noticed a Blissey and Eevee headed toward them. "Hey, looks backup's on its way." Lucia pointed out, and looked over to Jamie, as she recalled the injury. "And how are you holding up, anyway?" Lucia asked, as she knew from experience that being punched in the nose could be a bit disorientating for a bit.

 

Jamie immediately made a grab for Pelleas and shouted "ixNay on the osenay!"

 

The trainer immediately grabbed Pelleas because the Heracross was about to go search the entire hospital for medicinal treatments for her nose upon hearing of her injury, and she did not need that.

 

"I'm fine Lucia, Pelleas. It was more.... disconcerting than anything else."

 

"Bliiiii!"

 

Sylph came shooting into the waiting room, followed several seconds later by the much slower Blissie. The two Pokémon came to a stop at Lucia's feet, staring expectantly at her for orders.

 

Lucia blinked for a second, and then burst out in a giggle, as she smiled in knowing amusement. "Alright then." Lucia said with a shrug, as she looked over to the two with a nod. "Want to split commands? I think we'd do well with combining the commands, after all." Lucia said with a smile to Jamie.

 

Jamie was confused, but shrugged before nodding. "Alright then... The Blissey would much better fit your style. I'll try to integrate the Eevee to my team."

 

Pelleas flashed a 'thumbs-up' to the Eevee, while Lucan nodded his heads nervously.

 

Sylph yipped and wagged his tail, then wound his way around Jamie's legs before leaping up onto Pelleas' shell, a couple of his many ribbons snagging on the Heracross' knee spikes and antennae. Blissie, meanwhile, shuffled next to Lucia and nodded, ready to follow her temporary Trainer into whatever dangers lay ahead.

 

Pelleas removed the ribbons from his spikes as the Eevee settled on his head. If he was gonna fight with a traveler on his back, he was going to need to have as much maneuverability as he could get.

 

Jamie chuckled lightly at the interesting looking display. Especially since if she blocked out the Eevee, it almost looked like Pelleas was wearing the ribbons.

 

"Well the battle is not going to wait for us, let us rejoin our comrades."

 

"Right. Let's hope we're not too late." Lucia said with a frown, as she nodded to her friend, and began to walk out the doors of the hospital cautiously.

 

-==IC: Zach==-

 

Zach looked over as he saw the street get hit by the dual attacks. The auburn haired trainer raised his arms quickly, as the concussive force threatened to knock him down. Why...? Zach grit his teeth, and turned around, as he heard the release of a Pokeball, and noticed someone riding a Skarmory crash into Aria, and a Greninja which was attacking Amethyst. Looking back to where Dack and Shannon had been, Zach saw Ryan run over to Shannon, and Dack take off, and then grit his teeth. Why is Dack always in such a hurry...? He did this during the last fight, too... Zach thought, a despaired look on his face for a moment, before he became more determined.

 

"... Alright, Dack's left us on our own." Zach said, as he looked to the rest of the group, ready to act when possible. "Our plan's having some issues, and we have more problems every second... But we can recover." Zach said, and frowned. "I'm not letting another place get destroyed!" Zach called out, as he sent out Elsa and Heather; as the Weavile and Pikachu looked up grimly, toward the sky.

 

OOC: And heeeeeeeere's Collie!

 

-==IC: Colette/Jayron==-

 

Colette panted, as she held her head for a moment to stop the world from spinning. She glanced up at her clone, who was holding Alexa tightly. "If you want to keep her safe... Then you should... Probably help us..." Colette said, still feeling a bit dizzy, as she shook her head. "You didn't see what the Unown did to her..." She looked toward the clone, tensing in preparation for a fight. But after what had happened during their last fight, and knowing how 'Collie' felt... she couldn't blame the clone. She didn't want to fight someone who effectively wanted the same thing she did.

 

Collie looked over at Colette suspiciously. "Why should I help you?" she asked. "You nearly killed her!"

 

Colette frowned. "I nearly killed her? The Unown practically tore her mind apart trying to do whatever it is they wanted," she pointed out, as she crossed her arms.

 

"And how does that make you any better?" Collie cried. "You almost dropped her into that void!"

 

"I nearly dropped myself there," Colette said, as she grit her teeth with a frown. "Aren't you affected by that?" Colette paused, as realization dawned on her face. "...Of course you wouldn't; you were based off her memories, weren't you..." she mumbled, as she looked directly at 'Collie.' "I have motion sickness, and I was caught off balance by the rapid shifting," she explained. "But none of this changes the fact that if the Unown get a hold of Alexa again, she's going to be hurt so much..." Colette shakily stood up, doing her best to fight her dizziness. "I promised her that I'd keep her safe, and I'm going to do so, with or without you..." Colette gave her clone a hard look, although her current state didn't totally agree with her words.

 

Collie narrowed her eyes. "I promised her that I would keep her safe," she said, hugging the young girl tighter. "And what is this 'unknown' you keep talking about?"

 

At that moment, the Deoxys shifted back to its Normal Forme and rose into the air, glowing with a purple light. The bodies of Lucina and Koga started to rise as well, being drawn toward the whirlwind of psychic energy that now surrounded the DNA Pokémon.

 

Collie gasped as she felt herself being lifted off the ground too, the Deoxys' energy pulling her in like a magnet. "W-what's happening?!" she cried, clinging tighter to Alexa as she looked down fearfully at Colette.

 

Colette frowned as she activated her aura powers, causing a glow around herself, and stepped in front of Collie. "The Unown must be trying to do something," she said, as she put her hands in front of her, and began to charge up an aura sphere aimed at the Deoxys. "They might also be trying to take Alexa back... Those over there are illusions." Colette bit her tongue with a frown, not wanting to break the fact to Collie that she too was simply an illusion.

 

The flare from Colette's aura managed to create a barrier to at least temporarily block Collie from being drawn towards the Deoxys. Suddenly Collie's eyes glowed as her own aura flared up around her. "I won't let them take Alexa!" she cried. "I will keep her safe! A prism-shaped shell of aura formed around her, much like the one she had trapped Jayron in during their first fight. The barrier enveloped Colette as well. The moment the shell closed around them, Collie fell to the ground, the aura cutting off the effects of the Deoxys' pull. She cradled Alexa in her arms as she looked up at the Pokémon she had once fought beside. "What do they want with her...?" she asked in a shaking voice.

 

"I don't know," Colette admitted, but frowned. "It seemed, from what I've seen of Alexa's memories, like they were like using her as some sort of battery... Using her memories and mind as fuel for their illusions, no matter what the cost to her." She shuddered at the thought of the memory she had witnessed.

 

"T-that's horrible..." Collie said, looking down at Alexa.

 

Colette nodded grimly as she looked back toward the three other beings. "Any ideas what we can do to stop them, though?" she asked, looking around to see what had happened to Jayron and Lucario.

 

"We can't let them get her," Collie said. "I know that much. We have to stop them at all costs, but... I don't know how..."

 

Jayron and Lucario, meanwhile, had been distracted by the sight of Deoxys suddenly absorbing Koga and Lucina into his essence, taking on their features in addition to his own. However, the flash of aura alerted them to Colette and her clone's situation. Jayron rushed over and started pounding on the walls of the aura prism. But the barrier held just as strong as before. With a grimace he turned back to face the Deoxys monstrosity.

 

Colette pondered the situation, then suddenly lifted her head, turning toward Collie. "What if we all attacked?" she asked. "Would that be too reckless? You have some more finesse over my powers, but I have more strength." She quickly stopped herself before she pointed out how she had proven that in their earlier fight.

 

"Finesse over your powers?" Collie tilted her head in confusion. "Anyway, it sounds like my kind of plan. What do we do about Alexa, though?"

 

Colette frowned, as she thought for a moment. "That's a good question..." She racked her mind for a solution, but none seemed to come to her. She looked up once more, her eyes landing on her two companions. An idea forming in her head, she excitedly waved to try and get the attention of Jayron or Lucario.

Edited by An/A Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan

Ryan gripped the seamitar tighter as he pondered Albero's question. What was his sin? If impusiveness were a choice, that would certainly be the answer. Or obsessing over Sonja. Or abandoning Ellen in Fortree. Before Ryan could put together a response, Ray gave the obvious answer: gluttony. Yes... he realized. It is gluttony. But not in the usual sense... He felt his face redden. He did not want anyone, least of all Ray, to be around when he was forced to stare into the darkest reaches of his soul. He felt vulnerable. Albero had pinned him down, cut him open, and dissected him, bringing out the most sickening and rotten parts of himself for all the world to see.

 

When Ryan didn't answer, Albero focused his gaze on him, a questioning look in his eyes. Ryan gulped, his throat run dry. "I... I hunger," he said softly. "For attention. Sonja's attention, mostly, but any attention at all..." Ryan's eyes narrowed as he pointed the seamitar at Albero. "But that wasn't me, that was you. You've been messing with my mind, planting thoughts in my head. Gluttony isn't my sin -- it's yours."

 

IC: Madison/Luke/Shannon/Palmer

"I- I'm sure he can handle himself," Madison stammered. She tore her eyes away from the skies and looked straight at Amelia, speaking in a low voice. "Still, I'd feel better if he wasn't up there by himself."

 

"Right," Luke said, speaking as much to Madison and Amelia as to Zach. "Didn't we say we'd send as many flying Pokémon into the air as we could?" He threw a Pokéball to the ground, sending out his Machoke. "Alright, battle positions, everyone!" he cried, punching the air. "The city's depending on us! Let's do this!" He turned to Zach, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "Um... where was I supposed to be stationed again? I forgot."

 

Palmer sent out his Rhyperior, Dragonite, and Milotic, who took up positions near Cresselia. "They'll overwhelm us if we just stay put in this plaza," he warned. "We need to spread out as well as up." The Frontier Brain glanced at the citizens that had volunteered to fight. Some of the more ambitious ones had started firing attacks into the sky, while others looked to Zach for direction. "If you're going to give out orders, you'd better do it fast," he told Zach with a wary glance at the Rocket that had landed in their midst. "Time is not on our side."

 

Shannon winced in pain as she slowly got to her feet. One hand gripped her wounded shoulder, while the other leaned on Ryan's Tyranitar for support. "I... I think I'll be okay," she said with a small nod. "It's just a bad scrape." She closed her eyes and shuddered, not from her injury, but from the destruction befalling the city. "This is horrible..." she muttered. "How could anyone...?" Gasping slightly in pain, she lifted her blood-caked hand from her shoulder and reached for a Pokéball at her waist. Her hand shook as she fumbled with the capsule before finally hitting the release button. A slim Furret emerged and started chasing its tail before perking up its ears at the sounds of battle. Between the attacks raining down from the clouds and Shannon's injured shoulder -- which she gripped in her hand once more -- it didn't take long for the Furret to realize that something was definitely very wrong.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...