Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

-==IC: Jenny==-

Jenny paused as she turned around a corner, her C-Gear vibrating against her hip. With a quick glance, she checked the contents of the message with a smile, an then looked up. Near the end of the hallway was the sender of the message. Oh, I'm going to have fun with this. The girl thought as her smiled temporarily took on a twinge of mischievousness. She began to quickly walk toward Evan with a wide smile, as she took a deep breath.

"HELLO, TIERRA!" Jenny called out in her best sort of commanding voice, as she quickly approached from behind, not letting her confident smile faltered. "I am here!"

IC: Ryan - Sonja's Room, The Alamo

While Kyle and Esen pored over the images, Ryan looked at Sonja, the corner of his mouth forming a hint of a wry smile. She had every right to be angry with him, and he wouldn't have expected her to let him off the hook so easily. It was impossible to go back to the way things were. But at the same time, he couldn't keep moping forever. Sonja was right; he had to put the past behind him. It was time to move forward.

"Weren't some of these symbols in the egg, too? Right before that blob appeared?"

Kyle's question brought Ryan out of his musings. "They represent the Sins," he said quietly. "Remember how I told you about those strange people popping up, claiming to embody each of the Seven Deadly Sins? Each one had a symbol associated with it. I couldn't tell you what each one represents . . . but I know this one is Gluttony." He picked up the image that had haunted him so. The paper felt simultaneously heavy and weightless, as if he was lifting the burden off his shoulders to cast it away for good. "I also know a few people who might be able to help identify the other Sins."

IC: Dack/Madison/Luke/Shannon - Medical Wing, The Alamo

Dack let Madison go on ahead. He had heard Chloe's question, and decided that discussing a way to avert the end of the world had more importance that catching up with friends from Celadon. He interjected himself between Chloe and Ethan. "I think the first thing we should do is find a way to get our Pokémon's powers back. Without those, our chances look pretty slim, and any wild Pokémon that come across that thing are pretty much dead. Ford turned the powers off; surely he has a way to turn them back on." He cast a sidelong glance at Chloe. "But from the sounds of it, your Liberty leaders are more interested in convicting him of his crimes than making him fix this mess."

"Or, you know, we could just nuke Two Island." Luke had almost ran on ahead with Madison and the others, but hung back at the last minute. Dack gave him a pointed look. "What? Everything else on the island's pretty much dead, anyway. If that thing's going to spread, it's best to just snuff it out while it's still manageable."

Meanwhile, Shannon led the remainder of the group into her hospital room. Upon seeing her bedsheets crumpled up into a ball, the girl let out a sigh of amused exasperation. Letting go of Ryan's arm, she picked up the sheets and shook them. "How am I supposed to keep my bed made when you keep messing it up?" A small Eevee was dispelled from the tangle and landed softly on the bed. The little fox suffered only a moment's disorientation before recognizing Shannon and yipping joyously at her return. Shannon glanced around the room and saw the group was noticeably smaller than before. "Should we wait for the others, you think?"

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Evan Tierra

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!"

If the cheery mention of his surname didn't make Evan exclaim out loud, if was the sight of a smiling redhead. He fell back, caught off guard by the girl's actions. As he was getting up (and preparing a retort for his scarer) he noticed that this girl looked like....

He started blushing a bit.

Jenny had bombastically scared the living daylights out of him. He knew he'd be surprised to see her accept his invitation, but he didn't expect her so quickly or to be so over the top about it. Though, if there was one thing that he could say made this worth it, was the confident smile she wore upon her face,

"Indeed you are, Hakuda!" Evan replied in kind, giving his own smile. "You were so here, that you nearly made me jump out of my skin!"

Jenny let out a laugh at the reaction that Evan had, which only made her grin go wider. This was a sight that she had missed in the past few days, and the girl thought that it was a very needed thing for the both of them.

"So, you called?" She asked with an amused tone to her voice. "What's up? Is it related to that Plasma person who keeps texting me about this, that, and everything?"

IC: Ruth Fishers/Yugo Doseki/Arius Jacobson/Jake Harris/Cultists - Alamos Power Plant, Alamos City

The Houndoom had run straight into a trap, and it was sprung before he could try and back out of it. The Sacred Sword hit him from behind, and he rolled onto the spikes. He howled in pain as they pierced his flesh, but that wasn't the end of it. Electricity arced through the hazard, catching the Dark Pokémon in a powerful electric field.

Ruth grinned. "Yes! Good job, guys!"

"Right, now let's keep it up. Sandslash, Rollout again to try and finish it off!" Yugo called out, as he held his hand forward. The ground type gathered up rocks around himself, and contemplated the situation. Not wanting to actually risk running into the spikes as well, the Sandslash flung the compact rocks at the Houndoom in an attempt at a ranged attack.

Arius looked on, the trap working far better than he had imagined, thanks to his friends. "Hexcalibur, Swords Dance, then another Sacred Sword!" The bladed pokemon started whirling around, his fighting spirit burning more and more. After a few more seconds, he at the Houndoom, uncorcerned about the spikes, due to floating in the air.

Jake allowed himself to smile and pointed calling, "Water Gun at the Houndoom, Squirtle!" It wasn't the most powerful attack, but it would be super-effective and lowered the risk of friendly fire. The tiny turtle Pokemon spewed forth the stream of water towards the Houndoom.

The Houndoom was doomed from the moment he stepped onto the stairs, but he wouldn't go out without one last attack. His maw opened wide to release a Fire Blast up the stairs before he collapsed. The leader of the cult returned him quickly and pulled two more Pokéballs off of his belt. "Very well, try fighting this! Murkrow, Shuppet!"

His two remaining bretheren sent out their pokémon as well. The Baltoy from earlier led the way up the stairs, using Rapid Spin to clear the way for a Poochyena, Umbreon, and Vulpix as well as the leader's pokémon.

Ruth grinned as she saw all these dark types appear. True, Locke and Caliburn weren't good against them, but Fuerte was. "Fuerte, Flying Press on that Poochyena! Go!"

"Rollout on the Murkrow, now!" Yugo yelled out once more, as the Sandslash did its best to attack the sole flying type in the fray. If that was taken out, that would leave the Vulpix vulnerable to more attacks...

Arius saw the reinforcements, and without missing a beat, made his next command. "Hexcalibur, Sacred Sword on the Umbreon!" At his master's command, Hexcalibur flew over to the Umbreon, and sliced, his bladed blody shining as he did so.

The Squirtle took the Fire Blast. Despite resisting the blow, the strong fire knocked the Squirtle back. Jake decided to let the Squirtle regain its bearings and focus on his other Pokemon for the moment. He lacked the super-effective coverage that the others had at the moment, so he decided to focus on occupying the remaining Pokemons' attention. "Pikachu, use Electroball on the Shuppet. Charmeleon, use Dragon Rage on the Vulpix. Machop, use Focus Energy."

The Pikachu formed a large ball of electricity on his tail, and with a flip launched it at the Shuppet. The Charmeleon spewed forth blue fire towards the Vulpix.

At the same time, the cultists were giving their own orders to their pokémon. The Poochyena yelped as Fuerte landed hard on its back, but the Hawlucha was in turn struck by a Psybeam from Baltoy.

Murkrow was nearly knocked out of the air as the Rollout attack hit, but it managed to recover and come back with a Wing Attack aimed at Sandslash. Nearby, the Umbreon growled as it took the Sacred Sword. It channeled the damge  it had just taken into a powerful Assurance against the Honedge.

Shuppet vanished just as the Electro Ball would have hit. Vulpix took the Dragon Rage and cried out. Its tails glowed briefly, and it slammed into the Charmeleon with Payback.

"Caliburn, go help with that Umbreon. Sacred Sword!" The Aegislash rushed forward, blade glowing, and struck the dark type.

Yugo watched as the fighting continued. It looked like nothing would end it at this rate; they'd forever be fighting in the stone hallway beneath the power plant, until they lost enough stamina...

Wait.

Stone. That was it. "Sandslash, use Rollout on the ceiling! Everyone else, get back, now!" The Sandslash seemed surprised. Yugo realized that the importance of the command to the other side had been lost over the din of the battle, and was going to take full advantage of that. The Sandslash gathered more and more rocks as the Murkrow glanced off him and headed back for another hit from the opposite side. As the second hit landed, however, the Sandslash launched its powerful rocks straight toward the ceiling, intending on causing an effective cave-in on the tunnel.

Charmeleon took the attack to his chest, reeling back. After hearing Yugo call out, Jake called out "Machop use Seismic Toss on Vulpix!"

The Machop picked up the Vulpix, span around and then tossed it back towards its masters.

As everyone was calling their pokémon back, the Sandslash's Rollout slammed into the ceiling. The leader of the cultists opened his mouth to order his mean forward, but didn't get hte chance. The celing came crashing down, barring the cultists in the entry to their secret tunnel.

Ruth bit her lip as she looked at Yugo questioningly. "Let's see about getting out of here, guys. We should let the authorities know about this."

Yugo bit his lip as well, as while the plan had worked, he wondered if it had perhaps worked too well. "Y-yes... I agree."

Jake just nodded, as he began retreating his Pokemon.

----------

A couple of hours later, after the police had taken their statements,  the group was free to go. Everyone seemed slightly haunted by what had happened, but they were determined to push through. Roark had arrived with the police and, true to his word, given Arius his badge.

"Yugo, we're heading to Eterna City. If you aren't doing anything, you're welcome to come with us," Ruth offered. "We're all going to challenge the gym there."

Yugo nodded lightly. "I don't really have anything else going on. Sure, I'll tag along."

The group had  a few hours of sunlight left, so they set out, leaving behind Alamos and its power plant.

Edited by Mipha's Grace

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

"Well, you forgot these, those and all the above, you know, Jenny." Evan said, grinning. "Not really though, it's more something that Hayes needs me to do........"
Despite his surprise at what Jenny had done, the Hero couldn't help but feel relieved that Jenny was doing better. It was good to hear her laugh and see her smile. It didn't push away his uncertainty completely, but it did help him quite a bit. He explained what Hayes had told him, still feeling munchlax-level hungry.

Evan then posed a question to the red-haired girl. "You game to help me out with this?" Evan said, his grin still on his face. "I could use all the help I can, and I know for sure you are a force to be reckoned with. We can tell the others about this, they have to hear this."

Jenny nodded. "Count me in! Who do you think might help out specifically?" The girl thought for a moment. "I mean, technically everyone might help out, but I wonder if some will be more helpful to the cause than others... Like, any voice helps, I'm sure, but do you think some voices might ring louder? Either way, this is definitely a needed thing, hmm..."

The Plasma agent put her hands behind her head, and began to walk forward. "First, though, we should eat something."

After a good lunchtime in the Cafeteria, Evan and Jenny exited out. The thought of apologizing to her crossed the Plasma Agent's mind. Though considering how they both were behaving, it was quite clear that neither needed to apologize. The main thing was making sure Hayes's request was fulfilled. putting his only free hand up to his chin, Evan thought aloud.

"I have that Plasma Agent making the rounds with the Sages, to give us backing, but who else could add their voice to our chorus, you think?" He said, a note of curiosity in his voice. "We not only need numbers, but we need notability. Perhaps we start with those we know, and have them spread word?" Despite what he said, Evan wasn't too sure how it'd work and waited for Jenny to add her two yen to the idea, giving her an encouraging look.

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Training Arena, The Alamo

With the recent depletion of Pokémon power, the Alamo's training arenas had been abandoned. After all, what point was there in training when your Pokémon couldn't produce a single Bubble or Ember? For the first few days, the arenas saw the occasional optimistic Liberty agent trying to make their Pokémon break through whatever was hindering their natural abilities. It didn't take long for these idealists to give up.

And so there was no one else in the arena to see Dahlia Seaton training her Reverse powers. If someone were to walk in, they would likely question the odd assortment of water bottles and soda cans surrounding the gardener. Even more confusing would be Dahlia's intense focus on a crushed can in front of her. She sat cross-legged, her arms poised in front of her as if about to conduct an imaginary, ant-sized choir. For a long time, nothing happened. One might almost think she was meditating if she didn't appear so tense.

This had been Dahlia's routine for the past few days, sitting for hours on end staring at cans. She had struggled to recount the events of Two Island to her siblings, and for a while neither Aspen nor Olivia really knew how to respond. Aspen expressed his relief that they had been able to save Ellen, Sonja, and Ray. Then he joked that he didn't feel quite as useless with his broken leg now that hardly anyone was able to fight. This prompted Olivia to comment that Dahlia was now one of the only people who stood a chance against the blob thing McKinley had summoned. "You and Chloe, of course." The eldest Seaton cracked a grin. "I almost envy you, getting to fight alongside her. Looks like you really will get to live up to the name of Hero."

Although Dahlia had responded with a smile at the time, in truth she was nowhere near as confident in her abilities. The can in front of her started to stretch, as if being pulled by an invisible string. It was starting to uncrumple itself, but the process was agonizingly slow. She needed to get better if she hoped to stand a chance against those things. For everyone's sake. They were all counting on her. Unwittingly, the gardener's mind flashed back to the battle in the egg.

The monstrous clown, towering over her, taunting her, overpowering her. The gelatinous blob and its zombie-like army of countless minions. The Xatu. Ripped apart piece by piece until it was no more.

Suddenly the can expanded so quickly that it burst like a balloon, sending shards of aluminum in every direction. Dahlia let out a shriek and fell backward as the shrapnel cut her arm. She crawled to her hands and knees and stared in shock at the remnants of the can, scattered about the arena. It was the Xatu all over again.

"I can't do this!" Her anguished voice echoed through the empty arena as she started throwing the remaining cans as hard as she could. In the past few weeks she had actually made significant progress in her training. Ever since the battle in the egg, it felt like she was back to her days on the boat all over again. Her powers were either too weak, or way too strong. There was no middle ground. She had no control.

The gardener stumbled out of the arena, her vision blurred by tears. She made for the nearest bathroom. Her hands gripped the sides of the sink as if she was trying to tear it from the wall. Her eyes drilled holes into the mirror before her.

"This is all your fault!" she yelled. "You're the one who gave me these stupid powers in the first place! Why would you entrust something so dangerous to someone who doesn't even know how to control it?!" Her reflection merely echoed her movements, as if mocking her. The Dragon of Reverse was nowhere to be seen. "Answer me!" she demanded. "You can't just abandon me like this! Not now! Not when I need you most!"

With a scream of pure rage, Dahlia reared back and punched the mirror. A spiderweb of cracks formed, distorting her reflection. "Why! -- Won't! -- You! -- Answer! -- Me!?" Each word was punctuated with another punch, until the mirror finally shattered. Her fist was covered in her own blood. A sick feeling rose in her stomach. Her breaths came heavy and shaky. The gardener fell to her knees, her chin resting on the edge of the sink, and buried her face in her arms.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Jared Winters - The Alamo, Four Island

The talk with Lachina had left him feeling tired, but somehow restless. He had already sparred with Anubis plenty that day, but his feet carried him to the arena anyways. It would be good for him to wear himself out physically as well as mentally, and the best way to do that would be to blow off some aura.

What he hadn't expected to find upon entering was a girl throwing cans at a wall. He started to approach her, but she fled through one of the other exits without even seeing him.

Are you really--

Yes.

But you just finished--

It doesn't matter. Be quiet.

He felt Mercury sigh, and he went through the door after her, just in time to see her duck into a restroom. He didn't have to focus his aura vision to see her distress, even through the door. A moment later, he heard her yelling, and the sound of glass breaking. With a curse, he pushed the door open.

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC - Sonja Baron/Kyle Eston/Esen Windred - Sonja's Room, The Alamo:

"Right," Kyle said. He picked up two of the symbols, looking closer at them, and glanced at Sonja. "Did Ford ever say anything about how they related to the egg?"

"No," she said. "I'm not even sure he knew about them." Sonja shook her head. "Seems like quite a big piece to miss . . ."

"No kidding," Kyle said. "And that doesn't explain how they relate to any of these other shapes--or people."

"Maybe they're a clue to defeating this thing?" Esen suggested. "There must be something more--something that could tell us how all of this relates together, how it could be used to our advantage. It can't just be a coincidence that you started hearing this voice right after it appeared--there's got to be a connection." 

IC - Ethan Worth - Infirmary, The Alamo:

Nuke them. The thought, though morbid, made Ethan chuckle.

"Better not nuke it, actually," he said. "My understanding is that it absorbs whatever it comes into contact with. Probably best we don't feed it something that it could use to kill us just by spitting it back out." Ethan slowed to a stop, rubbing the back of his head. "But you're right, Dack--regardless of what Liberty or our bosses are planning, I think our options are pretty limited until our Pokémon can fight again. Hayes said that the second card would reactivate their powers, and we already know that Bounty managed to use it; maybe she or Ford could tell us why it hasn't worked yet."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette thought over what her dad said, as she kept her eyes closed. One step at a time... She focused on repeating those words over and over in her head. She didn't get the answer she was looking for, but this was a reminder that she needed to take a deep breath before anything further. The aura wielder took a step back as she opened her eyes, a small spark seeming to have been lit behind them.

"That makes sense..." She slowly nodded, as she continued to think about everything. "Thank you... I think I need to do the rest on my own." Colette gave the smallest hint of a smile, and then picked up the sandwich again to eat as she headed toward the door. She slipped her shoes on as she opened the door, and glanced back toward her dad. It wasn't much at all, but... she knew she needed to talk to someone else, that her dad had helped all that he could. She was scared about what might happen now, especially since she still didn't know most of the people gathered here. But she needed to take this first step. The girl hesitantly bit her lip as she stepped outside, and then began her run toward the bus stop.

----

Half an hour later, Colette stepped off the bus in front of the Alamo. Something felt different about the atmosphere around the building, but she couldn't waste time worrying about that. The girl quickly entered the building, and walked forward as if she had a purpose. She didn't know where anyone was, but figured that she could just run into someone, anyone that she knew, no matter how low the chances of that were. Colette scrolled through the very small list of contacts on her Holo Caster and frowned.

"I'll need to fix that if I find anyone..." The girl mumbled to herself, as she put the device away and looked up. Colette paused with a blink, as there was no way that she had found someone by total accident. But yet, here was that orange-haired guy she fought nearly a month ago. Uncertainly, the girl approached the man, who seemed to be looking around for something, or perhaps someone. "Hello there, you're that guy... um... the sleepy guy."

Ray turned around as his face took on a mix of confusion and frustration from getting lost. His expression softened as he somewhat recognized the girl, but... "Who are you again? I'm not good with faces." The Separatist scratched his chin for a long moment, and then something clicked. Ray snapped his fingers with a grin, as he nodded twice. "Right. You're that glowy girl. I forget your name though, so..." The man extended his hand. "My name's Ray."

Colette was hesitant after everything that happened, but shyly shook his hand. "Colette. Um. . ." The girl bit her lip once again. She had come this far, and now that she focused, she recognized that the man had been present in that egg thing. "I was trying to find some of the others. I don't know why, but, I just..."

"You want answers." The sudden answer got Colette flustered for a brief moment, however she then realized that she probably wasn't the first person Ray had talked to about this. She focused on Ray's face, and noticed that he seemed exhausted too. Colette was about to comment on that when he started to talk again. "You feel like there's nothing you can do, that everything's just hopeless now, right? Or that something could have changed if only something had gone differently. Maybe if you believed things more. But the past can't be changed, and the future is so uncertain, especially now. It's hard to do anything when the world just wants to do its best to crush your spirit." Colette flinched when Ray turned his melancholic orange eyes on her.

"I've run into a few people like that since the egg. Not everyone will acknowledge it. My sister came very close to being overwhelmed too, but last I talked to her, she was going to make an effort to try despite everything. I just came from talking with Ellen, and honestly, I think she's been overwhelmed from a long, long while. Even I've been having my own troubles, but..." The man sighed, as he softened his gaze. "What do you feel exactly? Because you need to ask questions first, before you can get answers."

Colette stood there quietly, as she absorbed what Ray said. It took so long for any reaction that the orange haired man was about to walk away, but the aura wielder raised her hand. "Wait." She faltered once more for a moment, and then took a deep breath.

"I feel conflicted. I feel scared and weak and helpless, just because of how overwhelming this situation is. It's felt like I've constantly been in over my head, despite how much I should have known about this stuff, like everything was just for nothing. I feel like I was reckless, and that if I had done even one thing differently, maybe something would be better. Maybe everyone would have made it out of there. I just don't know. I. . ." The girl hesitated once again, as Ray looked over in understanding. He didn't interrupt this time, as he could tell this was important. "I want to help somehow, any how. I don't want to just sit back and do nothing, but none of us have any power, and I just don't know what to do. I don't even know if I can do anything, because I just feel so overwhelmed. But if I could do something, if I could take even one step toward helping, maybe something could work." Colette took another deep breath, as she felt almost like a weight had shifted. "I don't even know why I'm telling you this..."

Ray leaned against the wall, and thought over what the girl had said for a moment. "That's all very understandable. I can't say that this is something I haven't thought about myself. This is a very trying time, and it's showing in a lot of people. But none of that's bad. It's okay to have moments where you just feel scared or uncertain or so. And heck, maybe I could stand to learn some of these things myself. Someone I look up to a lot says that anyone can help in their own way, no matter the situation." He smiled a little, and looked up at the ceiling. "I think that's something that a lot of people need to keep in mind. That and that there's always hope, even if it doesn't seem like it at the moment. Because hope is always present even if it doesn't seem like it. Hope is only shattered when everyone gives up." The Separatist pushed off from the wall and looked back to Colette.

"We do have power, glowy girl. I've heard that while our Pokemon are still unable to do anything, we're slowly getting our powers back. One of my friends has been trying to work on her powers recently from what some people were saying, though I haven't been able to face many people yet. I don't know what's up with it, but... I think that you're underestimating the situation we're in currently." Ray smiled further, as Colette looked at him with a mix of skepticism and confusion.

"You're wrong about that, I've tested it." The aura wielder shook her head in denial. She had just tested it that morning, right? Nothing would work. "Here, look. See? It's not going to work-" She stopped mid-sentence as she held her hand out and turned it toward the ceiling. Stunned, she gazed upon the small glowing sphere in her palm as it appeared. "Wh-what...? This can't... I...?"

Ray smiled, as he placed him hand on the girl's shoulder. "Hope never truly dies. That there is a sign of it for now. Come on, I think I have an idea of someone who might be able to help out more, alright? Only problem is that I don't know where she is, but... I know we'll find her." The man walked off once finished and Colette followed him in stunned silence. She stared blankly at the tiny ball in her hand, unable to believe what she was seeing. Despite that, however, a smile slowly began to appear on her face.

"Hmm..." Jenny pondered the question for a few moments, and then nodded. "I have no idea! There was that one guy, that aura person who joined up after the rescue became a mission. He was there and seemed like he had some authority. I'm not sure either, but... I think that maybe we could get some people who want to help, even while being uncertain. People like us. People who know that we need all the help we can get." The girl stretched her arms above her head as she continued down the hall, and smiled.

"I think first we should try and find our friends. At the very least, spreading the word will be super helpful! Plus, Chloe and the others have powers too, right? That's super pressuring, but I'm pretty sure they'd be people that might be listened to sooner, just because they stand a better chance until we can fight with Pokemon again." Jenny briefly paused as she contemplated just how much she was certain that Pokemon could fight again. "And even still, if we can spread the word enough, then a choir might be able to accomplish what one singer might not."

As Jenny spoke about their first move, Evan smiled more and more. "Well, as you said, let's start with our friends." the young man said. "A few people I know would like to help, as you said, Chloe, Jamie, Dahlia and maybe Colette. But, even those without powers would be helpful, like Ray! If we need a scrapper, I know he'd willing to fight with us, if the boat was any indication." With a one-handed flourish, Evan started to type out a message to the Separatist, inviting him to meet the two Plasma Knights near the Hospital Wing, and spread the word to anyone who may be interested in doing something about what was going on.

"Annnnd, sent!" Evan spoke cheerfully. "We're gonna near the Hospital Wing, and see if Ray and anyone else will meet us there. We've gotta scout voices for our choir." As he spoke, the young man noticed a strange thing. It wasn't unfamiliar, but he had been noticing it for a while. His sight, on occasion, had caught glimpses of what appeared to be ripples. They weren't big, but they had started appearing, a while after the events on Two Island.

Could it be? I guess......Palkia never abandoned me. It knew I would need help, and I guess this is what it did for me....

Evan Tierra grinned and turned to Jenny. "Seems I may have just got my 'voice' back, Jen-Jen." The Hero spoke confidently. "I......may be getting my power back. Palkia must have granted it back to me, as dire as things are..." He chuckled at what he said, and added.

"Just when things seem to be at their worst, we find some way, to potentially turn it around."

Ryan looked at the other various symbols. He struggled to remember everything he could about their journey through the egg. "The Sins' signs started appearing in the chambers of the egg. One per room. But not at first; they didn't start until McKinley's room, I think. Then, in the chamber before Ellen's, Sloth actually appeared and fought Sleight and his wife. That was the only Sin to actually make an appearance in the egg, though. I'm guessing the others had already been defeated beforehand." With a frown, Ryan looked over at the portraits of various people. "What these guys have to do with anything, I have no clue. You don't think Rocket or Liberty might be able to run some sort of facial recognition search on these, do you?"

IC: Dack/Luke - Medical Wing, The Alamo

"Yeah, I don't suppose Liberty will let a bunch of Rockets in to see one of their top security prisoners, will they?" Luke shrugged, and glanced over at Chloe. "You might have better luck at that, actually."

Dack wore a thoughtful frown. "McKinley sabotaged Ford's original plan to seal that blob away. Maybe he somehow sabotaged that second card as well?"

IC: Dahlia - Bathroom, The Alamo

She barely heard the door open. She didn't care. Surely whoever it was would quickly leave when they saw the state she was in. Her shoulders heaved as her tears dripped into the sink. Shards of broken glass lay scattered around her. The sound of her sobs was muffled, punctuated by the occasional hiccup. She gave no indication she was aware of the other person's presence.

-==IC: Chloe==-

"If they're top security, then I kind of doubt that I'd have clearance either. . . it might be worth a shot, but we also should keep our expectations in check." Chloe wondered if Luke was a bit too optimistic about the chances there, but kept that to herself. "I think it's a good idea, but I feel like we might need someone else, who's higher up the chain."

IC: Jared WInters - The Alamo, Four Island

You should turn around and leave.

She might need help.

You can hardly help yourself. Leave.

I'm at least going to try and see what's wrong.

It's none of your business, Jared.

Be quiet.

He stepped forward, his boots sounding too loud for the situation he was walking into. Carefully, he knelt beside the girl. "Miss, what's wrong?" He ignored the shattered mirror, the small drops of red that splattered the sink. He would take her to get that fixed after he calmed her down a bit.

"Maybe I could work something out with Joker--surely they wouldn't keep Ford away from the Shadow Admins," Ethan suggested. "Unless you've got any friends or family or friends with family in the upper-ranks? Either way, we can't know what's happening with the card unless we get to Ford."

IC - Sonja Baron/Kyle Eston/Esen Windred - Sonja's Room, The Alamo:

"I doubt they'd want to," Sonja said. "As far as we know, all that's happening is that I'm losing my mind." Her chair creaked as she leaned back in it, staring at the ceiling. Beside her, Esen picked up two of the pictures. "I don't know--probably none of this means anything."

Esen's brow furrowed. "Have you ever been to Kalos, Sonja?"

"Um . . . no," Sonja said, confused. "Why?"

"Oh!" Kyle looked at Esen. "That's right--we have something for--"

That didn't seem to be where Esen was going, as she cut him off. "Did Ford ever bring anyone to speak with you when you were with him?" Sonja shook her head, prompting Esen to hold up a blurry portrait of a man with red hair. "So you've never met or seen Quentin Dallas before?"

"Who?" Sonja asked, at the same time that Kyle exclaimed, "What!?" and snatched the picture from Esen's hands.

"Holy ######," Kyle muttered. He looked again at the silhouetted image from earlier, tracing his fingers along the general outline. "Yeah . . . Yeah, that's Shift. What's he got to do with any of this . . .?"

"Who's Shift?" Sonja repeated. "Ford mentioned that name in the egg, but that's all I know."

"He's one of the leaders of a group in Kalos called the Signs," Esen said. She gave some brief notes on the events that had occurred between them, Kyle, and herself not long before, occasionally glancing at Kyle as he sorted out the pictures on the floor. "It sounded like Ford had been with them at one point," she continued. "They must be another link to whatever your brain is trying to tell you."

"I think so," Kyle said. He pointed to a silhouette of a larger person. "I think that's . . . what was his name? Malvolio Rask? Puzzle. But that leaves . . ." He counted. "Looks like seven." He placed his fingers on two of the pictures. "These look like they could be women. All the rest look like men. And they all look like they're holding canes."

"Or a staff," Sonja said, pointing to one image in particular--a hooded figure. Her heart was racing the longer they spoke. Though part of her doubted that there was any significance to these images, she couldn't help but feel more hopeful as Kyle, Ryan, and Esen's thoughts helped her paint a clearer picture--whether they turned out to be right or not.

"Sounds like we need to pay Ford a visit," Esen said. "See if he can't make any sense of any of this."

"Or his base," Sonja suggested. "Or both. There might be something there that could help make all of this make sense."

IC - Leaders - Communications:

A mass-message rang throughout the base, sliding across television screens and personal messenger devices alike. It was simple--directly to the point, addressed from central communications.

URGENT: SEEKING 18 VOLUNTEERS FOR PARTICIPATION IN PRELIMINARY RESEARCH AND CONTAINMENT AGAINST [̮͔̮ͯ̽͑̄͌ͤỤ̷̱͖̹̈́ͥͅN̶̴̦̹̮̭̗̈́͟W̴̻̤̰̞̝ͩͫͩͤͮ͠͡N̻̼̫̪̳̍̎̇̓͂̓̋͟ ̷͕͉͎͈̱̈́̎̂̉̍̓͞ͅT̴̴̟̼̯̼̍ͭ́͋́̅͌̓͐A͖̮̺̺̟̰̤̰͒ͮ̕R̛̭͍̍ͦͣ̉͘G̴̝͔̺̱͐͒ ͙̙̻̪ͧ̊̄ͦͪ͌̓̀̕M̵̸̤͉̻̏̊I̯̭̣̖̜̭̺͇͐̃̏͂̚͝S͉͇͉̝̙̣̀ͭ̾ͧ͗̅S̒ͬ͑͋ͭ͏̼̭͚̲͖͕̞͕̻I̳͕͚̓ͦ̂͌͌͗̆ͣ̐Ṅ̷̖̙͎̟̣̪̪ͤ͋͂̾̚͜G͓͎͛ͯ͊̈͗ ̗̰̟̓ͤ͋̾ͨ̎̀ͯ͞0̪͔̥̗̘̰̩̾ͨ̃͋͜0͔͇ͧ̔̄̈́ͦ̑̂ͮͅ0̪̝̲̑ͫ́̌̕0̵̯ͯ́0̵̨͙͍͚̣͔̬͖̒ͧ̇ ̸̷̠̱̗̖̈́ͨ̀̔U̧͎͛ͪ̀̚N̜͔̯͐ͤͬ̈̐͐͒͐̀K̝̺̜̲̲̀̑W̡̬͋̌̓̄ͨ̓̈̇N̢̏ͦ̎͛͏̺̻̳ ͇̲̙̮̬̜̦̅́ͦ̎͑ͪ̃͐̆̕͘ͅT̴̤̩̫̠̪̦̊̓̕ͅR̶̨̲̱̺̦̉̈̓͜Ǧ̷̻̘͚̟̻ͧͩ͟͞E͍̬̬̜̫͕̪̖̝̓̆̏̿͒̓͞T̹̼͚̜ͯͯͯ̄͆̾ͅ]̴̠͇͎̭̒͐̌ͮ̃̾ͮ̆̽̕
THIS MISSION IS CLASSIFIED AS CONDITION 3. AGENTS ARE WARNED OF POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE PERSONAL RISK.

Edited by The 8th Sinner

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Ryan's Pokégear

Ryan Sanders Pokégear signaled that it had received a message.

Agent Sanders,

Come to my office at your earliest convenience,

Executive James Arthur

IC: Sonja's Pokétch

Sonja Baron's Pokétch signaled that it had received a message.

Agent Baron,

Executive James Arthur

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Ruth Fishers - Eterna Forest

The sun was high in the sky, not that anyone could really tell in the ever-present shadows of the Eterna Forest. It was a really eerie place, Ruth had to admit, but she wasn't scared of some dumb woods. She did, however, have one unfortunate fact to convey to her traveling companions. Despite having a map and a decent sense of direction, she found herself saying two words.

"We're lost." Something must have changed since the map had been made. A path that should have forked out hadn't, and they had instead followed a winding trail deeper into the forest. She turned to look at the others and rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. It was partially her fault; she had insisted on taking the lead, so she would own up to the mistake that had been made.

"I think we missed a turn somewhere, or something . . ."

-==IC: Amanda Zarth==-

In the Alamos command center, Amanda was continuing her observations when three things of note occurred.

First, a stranger--to her, at least--appeared and made off with one of the technicians rotating off-duty.

Second, a message arrived from Knight Tierra, which took a few minutes to process, comply to, and flag for follow-up.

Third, a mass message rang throughout the base; while, strictly speaking, as an outsider she should not have had access to that information, Amanda had made a point of knowing what she needed to despite whether or not she should know it.

...that, and the technician named "Isabella" had forgotten to log out of her terminal, a detail Amanda immediately filed away for future consideration should a relevant need arise.

A quiet chime alerted Amanda to her need for physical sustenance. While she could return to the ambassadorial suite for room service, her calculations indicated substantially low odds of her superiors being present, and at this point an in-person check-in would be most beneficial to the efficiency of the present operations. While it was not an imminent concern, since the odds of encountering the duo in a public dining environment were much higher than at their lodgings, it was only logical to attend to her biological necessities at the Cafeteria.

With that on her mind, Amanda turned on her heel and began her journey. She had almost reached her destination when a new message appeared for her.

From: Rook Bishop Kingsley <kingsley.bishop@plasma.un.mil>
To: Knight Amanda Zarth <zarth.amanda@plasma.un.mil>
Subject: RE:Subject Intelligence and Security

Amanda,

I've forwarded Knight Tierra's report on to the Bishops as you requested.  The Knights' orders grant them blanket authority to act in the short term, but if they need something more substantial than that the Bishops will probably want an updated threat analysis from both Knight Tierra and Knight Hakuda for both subjects before we proceed.

I've also been informed that the Bishops have extended an open invitation to relieve Team Liberty of the custody and processing of Ford and his agents, should the security of their containment prove to be at risk.  Transport to Unova will prove difficult at best, however, so that should probably be a last-ditch effort if it comes to it--a trump card, should one be needed in negotiations.

I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back regarding the first request.  Try to get those reports to me as soon as possible.

~Rook Kingsley

P.S. -- Amanda, you should probably ask for those reports in person.  And maybe record them.  I know you're bad with subtext, and with this particular report subtext could be important.
P.P.S. -- Don't bring up Knight Hakuda's late after-action report.  No time to explain, just...don't.  Trust me on this one.

~end message~
The Knight glanced up from the message just in time to see her superiors leaving her intended destination. With only a brief blink indicating any reaction at all, she fell silently in step behind them with what was supposed to be a patiently submissive posture as she awaited acknowledgement from the two Knights. Unfortunately, her stoic demeanor lent itself far better to looming imperiously, as she unintentionally did over the duo, even as she quietly extracted a standard-issue ration bar from her briefcase, the ill-tasting but nutrient-rich "meal" bearing a bright Plasma logo incongruous with its notoriously bland flavor. Amanda nibbled quietly behind the pair, unaware of both their unawareness of her and the odd sight she made behind them.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

-==IC: Ryan==-

"Sure, but I don't know where they headed off to." Ryan felt the Pokeball that contained his Tyranitar vibrating on his hip. Confused, the black haired man unclipped the sphere, and looked at it curiously. The Tyranitar seemed... restless, somehow. Currently he was pacing around the interior, and Ryan sighed. Tyranitar's probably just as itching to get back into action as we all are... The man focused on the Tyranitar further, and had a look of disbelief as the Tyranitar was currently jumping in place, possibly exercising or something. With a shake of his head, Ryan put the Pokeball back on his belt, and glanced back at Shannon.

"When'd you get an Eevee, anyway? I don't remember you mentioning having one befo-" Ryan was cut off as a large beeping sounded. He quickly turned and looked around the room, wondering if something had broken. However, after first glance didn't show anything, he turned his attention to the TV, and the Rocket's eyes widened.

"'Research and containment'. . .? What are they playing at. . .?" Ryan's fists clenched as he frowned. From what the group had mentioned after they had gotten out of the egg, they had trouble in an enclosed space. If the egg had really hatched, those things would be out everywhere, which would mean big trouble, and the possibility for everyone to be overwhelmed. How would they even fight, anyway? Unless the command center knew something everyone else didn't, there was no way to fight against the monsters that had appeared. Unconsciously, the man turned around and headed toward the hallway again, even as he tried to figure out how any of this made sense at all.

"Where are you going?" Lucia's worried voice broke through the din of Ryan's thoughts, and prompted him to look up. His sister was supporting that friend of hers still, but was giving Ryan a piercing look. "You aren't planning on going on that mission, right? Those things aren't to be trifled with; especially not now."

I know that. . . I know that. . . just from what everyone says that is true. . . but I can't just stay here. . . Ryan looked at Lucia, and closed his eyes. "... I'm just going to find out what they're even doing. This doesn't make sense so soon, so I feel like we need info." As he opened his eyes, the man noticed that Lucia still blocked the door with a frown. He knew this was a bad idea. But sometimes bad ideas were the necessities to making things good.

-==IC: Chloe==-

"That might be the bes-" Chloe began to say, but then stopped herself mid-sentence. Fragments of memories flashed to the forefront, and the girl's eyes widened in realization. She wasn't sure how much this would work, especially given what she recalled from what the man in question had said prior to leaving for Two Island, but. . .

"I know someone." Chloe finally said, the first hint of a smile appearing on her face since the talk about strategy had started. She began to type out a message on her Pokegear as she gathered her thoughts. "I don't know if he can actually help in this case, from the sounds of it things had been strained the last time we talked, but Kyle Eston might be who we need to talk to. His father's someone high ranking, and might be able to get us to see Ford. I think some of the group I was with in Unova knew him too, but I wasn't actually around a lot when he was with us, so I don't really know him, but he could help. I just hope that things are okay there, and that he could help." The girl continued to talk for a little longer, as she finished a message to Kyle asking where he was currently, and summarizing the fact that her and a few others figured they needed to talk to Ford.

Finally Chloe took a break and glanced back at the others. "I think that I might be able to help in another way too. It's a bit less up in the air, but I also don't actually have the messaging info for them anymore, so we'd have to find them ourselves. But last year I found two famous trainers who both know Red, and they might be able to put in a good word too. I can't guarantee they'll actually listen, but they might be helpful to our cause anyway. Do you think-" As the girl was about to ramble on some more, she heard a beeping from her Pokegear, and quickly checked it in the hopes that it was a reply from Kyle. The actual message was much more different.

"They... they're gathering volunteers for some sort of mission with a 'missing' target... could that be those things from the egg?" Chloe frowned uncertainly as she looked up from the device. "Have they found out things from Ford, do you think? Or..." She didn't want to finish that sentence. "I think we need to decide on a plan as soon as we can..."

-==IC: Ray==-

As the two walked toward the meeting place, the television screens on the walls that normally would showcase something entirely different lit up and let out a loud beeping. Ray and Colette both looked up in confusion, as the latter's focus was broken and the Aura sphere dissipated into the air. The orange haired Separatist's brow furrowed, as he read the text out loud.

"What do they think they can accomplish here? Evan just finished saying that they have no info. Why...?" Ray grit his teeth as he looked back to Colette. The girl had frozen up, and the man wondered if it was due to their last encounter with the monsters. No matter what, however, they needed to do something. Ray patted the girl's shoulder again, which seemed to bring her back to reality as she glanced up at him curiously. "Come on, no use worrying about this yet, let's go find out what Evan wants."

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette followed behind Ray slowly after the revelation of the message. Something bothered her deeply about it, and she couldn't quite place what. She wanted to help, but yet. . . the thought of fighting those things. . . The girl shuddered as she remembered how powerless everyone had been against the Clown before their powers had been lost; how she had been thrown through the air like a ragdoll. With a grimace, she recalled the pain, and reached up to her shoulder instinctively.

Colette bit her lip despite her thoughts, however, and generated another Aura sphere in her palm. If the last try had been at all her imagination, this second one was absolute proof that her powers were back. But even that troubled her for some reason. She couldn't tell why it wasn't a total relief, but didn't think that it was connected to her fears about fighting. The aura wielder glanced up at Ray, who led the way without any sign that he was scared. No - that wasn't true. Colette looked down at the man's hands and noticed they were shaking. The fact that he had managed to hide his fear otherwise seemed impressive to the girl, but she wondered how she had missed it before.

Amidst her silence, Colette wondered about her friends, about Zoe. Where were they right now? What did Richard and Claus think of all this? When did I actually start counting them as friends. . .? The girl bit her lip, and looked up to the ceiling. What was bothering her so much? Was it somehow the fact that her powers were back. . .? The aura wielder was jolted from her thoughts as she noticed the two they were there to meet... and someone behind them?

"Hello!" Jenny said in greeting as Ray and Colette approached. However, she quickly noticed that both of them were confused. "You got the heads up, right?" At the resulting nod, the redhead was simply even more confused at the looks the two were giving. "Then what's up? You seem confused."

"... Why do you have a woman trailing you?" Ray asked pointedly, as Jenny blinked. The girl looked behind herself and promptly let out a yelp of surprise as she finally noticed that Amanda was present. She looked between Amanda and Evan in stunned silence, wondering just how long the other girl had been there, and how no-one had managed to notice her until just now. Not feeling that mattered, Jenny shook her head.

"I take it you've heard about the recent announcement?" The redhead asked, and both of the newcomers nodded. "I don't know what their plan is, but whatever it is, it sounds like it was done without any consultation. I think we need to figure out just what is going on before we can actually deal with this situation. If we can find a way to somehow get Ford in on this... then whatever the plan is might just work out better. But, first we need people to help speak up. I don't know if you two know anyone, but if you can at least spread the word, then that might work better... And if we can get an idea what this plan is about, then maybe we can get something working if we run out of time."

"Got it." Ray nodded, as he pulled out his Pokegear quickly. "Maybe if I type quick enough, I can get word out to everyone we know. I'll go try and find out what's going on too - that notice said it was from Central Communications, right? If I can find that, I'll go pay a visit."

Jenny smiled at the plan and nodded in response. She paused as she noticed that Colette seemed out of things, though. With a slight frown, she glanced over at Evan. "Think you can handle this for a bit?" The redhead asked quietly, as she glanced back to Colette in concern.

-==IC: Yugo==-

"I'm sure we can find a way out." Yugo said as he kept his hands behind his head. "I mean, how big could the forest be? We're obviously on a path, so it's gotta lead out sometime, right?" He paused, as he considered that. "Hopefully not back the way we came, though." He waved his hand dismissively with a smile, though. "If we keep pushing forward, we'll be fine. I can send Airazor to scout if needed, though, but I'm sure we won't get that lost."

Edited by Blessed Blade

The Plasma agent had heard Ray's plan and nodded in approval. "Make sure you find out who gave out that notice." Evan said, sounding cautious. "We need to make it clear, to everyone, that we have nothing to go on, and that Ford has what we need." After he had finished, he looked over at Jenny, who was frowning a bit.
"Think you can handle this for a bit?" She had said. The young man gave a reassuring smile to the redhead and said "Do what you've gotta do. I'll handle things for now."

Evan then turned back to Amanda, stifling a chuckle at Jenny's earlier reaction. "Good to see you, Knight Zarth." The Plasma Agent spoke officially. "I suppose you've come to give me word if the Bishops have decided to give us backing on this matter?"

IC: Arius Jacobson

Despite being lost, Arius had kept his cool, especially considering what all had happened early on in this journey. "Don't feel too bad, Ruth." The trainer had said, as he unholstered Hexcalibur's Poke Ball "Like Yugo said, as long as we push forward, we'll get out of here. But just in case, I'll get Hexcalibur out if we encounter any trouble." He sent out Hexcalibur, who floated nearby, waiting for for his master's next command, taking in the forest air as he did so....

Edited by Dr. Hidaka

"Do you know where Ford's base is?" Ryan asked Sonja. "I don't think the Liberty or Rocket leaders know where it is, and if they did they'd probably just confiscate whatever clues we might find there." He brought a hand to his chin, the beginnings of a plan forming in his mind. "If these images really can show us a way to defeat that thing, then time is of the essence. Maybe we should split up, some of us visit Ford, while some of us go to his base." He glanced back at Sonja, realizing he hadn't given her a chance to answer his question. "That is, assuming you know--"

He was interrupted by a sudden chorus of beeps, buzzes, and alerts from a variety of devices; a mismatched symphony of dissonant signals. Pulling out his Pokégear, Ryan found two high priority messages. The first was a general notice for a "Preliminary Research and Containment" mission, which explained why Kyle's and Sonja's devices had also been beeping. The last time he had gotten such a general mission notice, he recalled with an ironic smile, had been the Manaphy Mission where he had first met Sonja. This mission, on the other hand, seemed to be far more dangerous. The fact that Liberty was already taking action against the blob emphasized the urgency that they decipher Sonja's visions as quickly as possible.

Ryan was about to voice those concerns when he looked at the second message. This one, while shorter in length, was far greater in importance: a personal summons from James Arthur. He looked back up at the others. "Sorry, I've gotta run. Executive Arthur wants to see me."

IC: Shannon/Madison - Hospital Room, Alamo Medical Wing

"Ryan, stop." Shannon firmly planted herself between Ryan and Lucia. Her entire demeanor had changed from that of a good friend in the middle of a blissful reunion to the relentless determination of the girl from Celadon who had insisted on talking to Hannah. "You're letting your emotions get the best of you. I don't want you getting involved in this. Please." Her voice broke ever so slightly at that last word, betraying her worry.

"He's not getting involved, he's just trying to scope out the situation." Despite the tension in the air, Madison couldn't help but smile at Shannon's attempts to deter Ryan from leaving. It reminded her of a certain skier who couldn't bear to watch her best friend go into danger without her. "Don't worry, Shannon. He'll come right back here and tell us as soon as he knows what's going on. Right?" She cast a pointed look at Ryan to emphasize the importance of his timely return.

When Ryan didn't immediately respond, Shannon thrust the squirming Eevee into his arms. "Look, I haven't introduced you to Salix yet. He was a gift from my parents. Come on, I'll tell you all about him." Desperation had entered her voice, and she tugged on Ryan's arm to try and pull him away from the door.

IC: Dack/Luke - Hallway, Alamo Medical Wing

Every television in every hospital room began beeping at once. The noise echoed down the hallway, quickly becoming unbearably loud. If Chloe hadn't explained the alert, Dack would have thought the Alamo was under attack. "Well they certainly aren't picky about who they can recruit." The Rocket motioned to the closed doors lining the hall. "Sounds like a suicide mission if you ask me."

Luke raised an eyebrow. "That's a little dark. Surely they'd have some semblance of a plan."

Dack shrugged. "Regardless, Ford's the only one who can help us. If the Liberty leaders have already contacted him, then good for them. If not . . ." He glanced at Chloe. "We'd better hope your friend delivers."

IC: Dahlia - Alamo Bathroom, Four Island

"I-I'm f-fine."

He wasn't going away.

After what felt like an eternity Dahlia hesitantly looked up, revealing dark circles under her bloodshot eyes; the result of countless hours of relentless training. She wiped her tears on her arm and looked at the remains of the mirror sprinkled around her. "S-sorry. It's . . . been a rough week." Dahlia wasn't sure how she'd even begin explaining everything to a complete stranger, so she left it at that.

IC: Amanda Zarth

Amanda snapped off a Plasma salute to both Jenny and Evan before beginning her report. "Your status as Team Plasma liaisons should grant you unfettered access to the Team Liberty and Team Rocket leadership. However, should they prove recalcitrant toward your delegated authority and require the Bishops' direct intervention, the two of you will need to compile an updated threat assessment for both subjects, to be sent to the Bishops for analysis. Additionally, our Team is presenting an open offer to assume custody of the subjects and their associates should the need arise, though the two of you are advised to consider the difficulties of transferal before advocating for the proposal." The Knight glanced down at her C-Gear, consulting her organizer before continuing in the same mechanical tone. "There is also the matter of the still-incomplete supplemental follow-up data on your report of Operation Fading Strike, Knight Tierra." Rook Kingsley had discouraged pursuing Knight Hakuda's debriefing, of course, but Knight Tierra's incomplete report was still a matter of necessary protocol. "And there was also a large-scale notification sent out regarding an unknown Liberty operation, additional intelligence on which could be of significant use."

Only after her report to Knights Tierra and Hakuda were done did she allow herself interaction with the space's other occupants. Closing her C-Gear and stowing it in her briefcase, she withdrew her Team Plasma badge from her pocket and presented it for the others' benefit. "Knight Amanda Zarth of Team Plasma, currently serving as undersecretary to Knights Tierra and Hakuda, current liasons to Teams Liberty and Rocket. Would you, by chance, happen to be Knight Hakuda's and Knight Tierra's points of contact with Team Liberty, or are we still operating on an improvisational basis?"

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC: Jared Winters - The Alamo, Four Island

He took a second to figure out why he recognized her before it clicked. She'd been on Two Island with all the others. He gave a small smile and offered his hand to help her to her feet.

"I've had bad weeks before. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Right! We'll keep going, then!" Well, that was a relief." She folded the map and shoved it into her backpack before she grabbed Caliburn's ball and sent the Aegislash out. "Onward, then!" She pointed dramatically before continuing down the path.

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Alamo Bathroom, Four Island

She accepted his hand, but kept quiet. Her situation was difficult to explain, and even if the stranger could wrap his mind around the fact that she had Reverse Powers granted by Giratina, the fact that she couldn't control said powers was a touchy subject. In fact, while she had detailed most of the events of Two Island, Dahlia had deliberately neglected to tell Aspen or Olivia about her fight with the Xatu. She certainly wasn't about to admit that detail to a complete stranger.

As she stood up and studied the man's face, she realized he wasn't as complete a stranger as she had first assumed. "O-oh. You . . . you were with us on Two Island, weren't you?" The simple presence of a shared experience between gave the gardener a certain peace of mind. She took a deep breath. "Then you know about the blob. And McKinley. And the fact that powered humans are the only ones left who can fight . . . wh-who have to fight . . ." She looked away, fixating on the shattered fragments of mirror that littered the floor. Her voice was barely above a whisper. "I don't think I can bear that burden . . ."

IC: Jake Harris - Eterna Forest

"I asked if you wanted help with the map earlier and you said you had a handle on it," Jake lamented at the report that they were following a trail while lost. "We're gonna have to delay our challenge if this keeps up."

He took a swig from one of his water bottles. At least he was prepared for a long walk through a forest. Not that there was any chance that he wouldn't have been prepared, but that didn't diminish the relief he felt when prepared.

"Hopefully the weather stays nice. Makes it almost worth it, eh Pikachu?" he asked the electric rodent sitting on his head. The Pikachu responded with a contented squeak as Jake softly pet him.

IC: Sylph - The Alamo, Four Island

Xander had gone off to talk in private with Ellen and Paul, so she was taking care of the team at the moment. The other had paired off and were sparring -- at least, as much as they could spar without their abilities. Ellen and Vixen were trading tackles with one another, while Psyka was trying to hold her own against Astraea's repeated physical attacks.

Every now and again, she would do the mental twist to activate her own abilities, and nothing would happen. Despite knowing better, she couldn't help being disappointed by it each time. She could see the others were getting irritated by it as well. The two fox Pokémon had stopped being gentle with their tackles, and Sylph had to scoop up Vixen to keep her from savaging Ellen anymore.

"Enough. Come sit with me, if you're going to be a brute." The Fennekin barked and lowered her ears. Sylph sighed as she sat and began petting Vixen's head. "It is annoying, isn't it?" What really grated her was that Xander still had his abilities. Sylph was used to being the one taking care of him with her attacks, but now the dynamic had shifted dramatically.

"I hope it comes back soon. Who knows what trouble he'll get into without me to help him?" Vixen barked softly, and Sylph smiled. "Yes, I probably do worry too much, but . . ."  She sighed, shaking her head. "I can't really explain." The Fennekin wiggled, and the Gardevoir chuckled. "Do you promise to play nice?" When she got a nod in response, she set the fire type on the ground and let her run back to Ellen.

As the Eevee forgave Vixen for her rough treatment, Sylph leaned back against the wall she was sitting in front of. She really didn't know what she would do if things stayed the way they were.

IC: Jared Winters - Alamo, Four Island

The silver haired trainer looked up at the girl and nodded. "How about we continue this talk after we clean up the glass here and get your hand looked at?" He really didn't want to have a conversation like this in a restroom. For one thing, it was just an odd place for emotional talks.

He grabbed the trash can and started picking shards of mirrored glass out of the sink.

"Relax, Jake One, we'll make it in time." Ruth waved her hand dismissively. "It'll just be a little bit less punctual than we previously thought."

The girl nodded. "S-sorry . . ." she mumbled as she knelt down to clean up her mess. If she knew what she was doing, she probably could have used her powers to reverse the fractures and mend the mirror. But emotionally unstable as she was, she would just as likely turn the shards of glass back into grains of sand. Dahlia stayed solemnly silent as she picked up each piece that littered the floor. She allowed her eyes to fill with warm tears and would often have to pause to wipe her glistening eyes before turning back to the glistening glass.

It was a slow process, but eventually the pair managed to clean up every last piece of mirror. The bathroom looked as good as new, with the glaring exception of a missing mirror. The gardener sniffled and looked at the silver haired trainer. "Th-thank you, um . . . I-I don't think I ever got your name . . ."

IC: Jared WInters - The Alamo, Four Island

The silver-haired trainer smiled as he opened the door to allow Dahlia to step out. "I'm Jared. How bad is your hand?"

Are we really doing this?We don't know this girl, we don't care about this girl. Just. Leave.

The smile vanished from Jared's face. Will you just shut up? I'm trying to help people.

Pathetic. She hasn't done anything for you! You have no attachment to this--

I said shut up! Silver aura flowed around Jared, lighting the room for a brief second before vanishing.

Mercury was silent for a few seconds, and then Jared felt the doppelganger grin.

How unlike you, Jared. Am I getting to you? Wearing you down? You'd better watch out. Wouldn't want to hurt your new friend!

He ignored the voice in his head. "Sorry about that. Let's get out of here?"

IC: Lachina Adaon - Alamo Barracks, Four Island

The ranger had been in her PJs when Jared visited, but she'd changed after he left. She checked to make sure she had everything she needed. Despite Jared's insistence that she wear civilian clothing, she had her capture styler clipped to her belt, her goggles were hanging around her neck, and that was enough to make her feel confident.

Just one last thing, then. She turned and grabbed the pokéball on her dresser. As convenient as it was being able to keep Aolani from crowding the room, she hated keeping the Altaria confined. She clipped the ball onto her belt and headed out to find a place tto walk. Once she was outside, she sent the cloud bird into the sky.

Aolani cried out as she spread her wings for the first time in what felt like forever. She circled around quickly before descending to hover in front of Lachina. The ranger put a hand on the dragon-type's neck and pressed her forehead to the Pokémon's. "I know, girl. I'm sorry."

Aolani cooed softly, and Lachina smiled. "Find us a good place to get some exercise, alright?" The Altaria considered for a moment, then flew up again and looked around. Another screech, and she started descending. Lachina followed at a steady jog, grinning softly. Like her partner, she had been cooped up ever since Vermilion. While Mercury Jared had gone to fight this Ford fellow, she'd been stuck on the boat with the captain and crew watching her.

It would be good to spread her wings and fly.

Dahlia looked down at her hand. She had been careful when picking up the shards not to cut her palm, but her knuckles were sticky with half-dried blood. "It doesn't look too bad, but I should still probably get it disinfecte-"

A silver glow lit up the room. Jared had a troubled expression on his face. "Sorry about that. Let's get out of here?"

The gardener stared for a moment before nodding and stepping out into the hallway. She cradled her right hand in her left. "Yeah, I probably want to get this bandaged up at the medical wing. Um . . . my name's Dahlia, by the way." She fell into an awkward silence as they navigated the hallways. Although the strange silver glow was on the forefront of her mind, she knew better than to pry for answers. Jared hadn't demanded to know why she had taken out her anger on a bathroom mirror, so she would return the favor and let him decide if he wanted to share about that glow.

IC: Jared Winters

"If it's not that bad, then it might be faster if we stop by my room. I have antiseptic lying around somewhere." He glanced back at her, offering a slight smile. "Bandages, too, I'm pretty sure."

He started walking. "So . . . Is everything alright? You seemed pretty upset back in that training field."

IC: Amelia Zann/Alex Zyther (July 31st)

"...I'm sorry, the ****??"

The younger man raised an eyebrow. "Uhh...language?"

Oh you're going to be a joy, aren't you?

"I'm sorry, that was probably a bit abrupt. I'm afraid I'm not exactly known for my bedside manner," Dr. Canard joked, the medical examiner's dark humor a fitting match for a man whose primary procedure was the autopsy.

"So. Dead then. Alive now. How?"

Canard spread his arms wide. "Your guess is as good as mine, I'm afraid, especially now that an autopsy is off the table, in both the literal and the metaphorical sense."

Amelia scowled. "Don't quit your day job, Doctor. You mentioned local experts?"

"That's right. We're located in Laverre City, home to quite a few experts in Fairy-type lore. Most of it's just mucking about in old myths and legends and superstition, but recently we've been making some exciting progess in using certain Fairy-type moves to stabilize high-risk patients. The experts say it's something along the lines of 'bolstering their life force', but of course as a man of medicine I simply cannot accept the claim that a person's life is sustained simply by some sort of nebulous exotic energy--"

"Doctor. The point."

"...yes, quite. Regardless, our team happened to come in while you were unconscious, and that's when they proclaimed your life force was linked or some such nonsense. To be frank, it makes little sense, but then again your vitals were in perfect sync, even when you flatlined."

"Ah..." Alex began hesitantly, "sorry, but that part still doesn't make sense. I've...I've been a code blue in the past, several times. Didi--er, my Dedenne--was trained for defibrilation for that exact reason."

"A medical assistance Pokémon? Our apologies for separating it from you then, we didn't know."

"I...uh, thank you. But..." Alex took a few cleansing breaths to calm himself--not too deep, he didn't want to over-stress his lungs, but his heart rate would go up if he stressed himself out, and that would be bad--for both him and the strange, foul-mouthed woman with the gun, apparently. He was still skeptical on that point, honestly. "The thing is, if our...life force as you call it...if that was linked, wouldn't that have killed gun-lady too?"

"Amelia. Say it with me, Uh-meel-yuh."

"Uh..."

Dr. Canard scratched his head. "I...I'm not sure, really. I'm afraid yours is the first case we've seen, Mr....?"

"Look, I'm sure all this sciency mumbo-jumbo is interesting to y'all, but I ain't died before and I ain't plannin' on doing it again anytime soon." She raised the gun slightly. "Pokémon Center. Move."

Raising his hands resignedly, the doctor led them out into the hallways, which were thankfully empty of passers-by. Patients and physicians alike preferred to avoid the dead, and the denizens of AAMMC were no different. Alex clung helplessly to Canard, until the medical examiner made a noise of exasperation and hastily detoured to a supply closet before Amelia could respond.

"I'm sorry, old chap, but I'm afraid these will have to do until we have time to fabricate a custom solution." Dr. Canard passed a pair of low-end generic crutches to Alex. "Do you think you'll be able to walk with those?"

Alex smiled sadly. "I've done it before. I'll be fine."

A mildly winded Amelia appeared behind the duo. "Doc, I was startin' to like y'all, but you try an' throw me like that again and y'all're gonna get hurt."

"Yes, yes, fine, I'm sorry for helping an injured boy achieve some measure of motor independence."

Alex snorted, struggling not to let it turn into another coughing fit. Amelia rolled her eyes. The group moved on.

After a few corridors, Alex began to brood, frowning at the floor rather than the apparent madwoman behind him. Noting the young man's distress, Canard leaned in close. "I notice you seemed pretty comfortable around here. I take it you're familiar with hospitals, then?"

Alex nodded. "As long as I can remember, I've been in and out. After a while, you start to figure stuff out." His face furrowed in concentration, and with the invitation to conversation politely declined, Canard chose not to further comment.

---------------

When the trio reached the more populous area of the facility, Amelia's gun vanished; while Canard couldn't spot it on her person, he knew she hadn't lost it, and that it'd be in her hand again at a moment's notice. With a sigh of frustration--would it really kill her to just cooperate a little?--he led the two outside, nodding dismissively at the nurses on duty with a confidence he didn't feel. If I'd known I had such talent for acting within me, I would have never dropped theatre back in college. Pity.

They were halfway to the Pokémon Center when Alex stopped in his tracks.

"Baselines."

"I beg your pardon?"

"You said when we came in, we were unconscious, right?" At the doctor's nod, Alex continued. "So you only have vitals for when we were unconscious and when we..." Alex trailed off, but the dead silence betrayed that of which he didn't want to speak. "Anyway, that's our baseline...or, well, as close as you could get. I bet now we're awake, our heartbeats and stuff don't sync up anymore."

Canard fixed the young man with an impressed look of appraisal. "You know, my boy, I do think you have something there. When we get back to the hospital--"

"No."

The doctor turned to Amelia, spluttering. "I beg your pardon?"

"No hospital. Don't trust y'all--not even far as I could throw ya. We'll do fine on our own."

Alex frowned, then stared as he caught Amelia's wording. "We?"

Amelia gave Alex a hard look. "If you think I'm gonna let some kid whose life or death is apparently tied to my own out of my sight for even one second..."

Alex's mouth flopped open and closed like a beached fish. Dr. Canard frowned. "While I can understand your reasoning, partly, surely you recognize you're being absurd--"

"Absurd? Absurd? Doc, I ain't lettin' ya stick me in a jar and study me 'til I'm dead of old age, an' you and I both know that's exactly what'll happen to me if I go back there. The kid too, and I already said I ain't lettin' him outta my sight anyway."

"Oh, come now, be reasonable. How are you going to make him go with you, threaten to shoot the poor lad?" Alex paled, an impressive feat given his existing complexion after nearly a month unconscious in a bed. "Be reasonable, Ms. Zann, and I'm sure we can clear up this misunderstanding--"

"I'll do it."

Silence.

"You'll...I beg your pardon?"

"I know it sounds nuts, but listen. Even if I stay, she's going to be out there. You said it yourself, we're...connected. However that works. If she gets herself killed..." Alex trailed off, not liking his own line of thinking.

Amelia snorted. "Not likely, kid. But points for concern."

Canard frowned. "I don't like it."

"'Course ya don't," Amelia snarked, eyebrow raised. "But you'll accept it."

"It's...it's pseudoscience. Not even a proper field."

"I know, Doctor," Alex admitted, his own conviction not entirely solid, "but...well, life is precious. I...I don't want to risk it."

Dr. Canard sighed, passing a hand through his thin gray hair. "That...that is something I can understand, yes." He sighed again. "I want it on the record that this is a terrible idea. But if you're of age--"

"I am."

"--then you're free to refuse further treatment." The medical examiner shook his head sadly, lips pressed together in a straight, dissatisfied line, but he did not protest further.

The journey to the Pokémon Center was completed in silence.

IC: Jamie - Four Island Hospital

Jamie looked from Shannon to Ryan, a few tears still spilling down her face. She'd come to grips with what had happened. But what she was about to say, she still needed to prepare herself for. What she was going to say was not going to be received well, but she had to say it.

"I-" she cut herself off as she looked back towards Lucia.

She didn't want to part with Lucia. Honestly, she wouldn't mind just not letting go right now. She wouldn't mind just holding Lucia and pretending that the monster was not her problem.

But she was a hero now, and that meant it was not an option to just pretend she wasn't involved.

She let go of Lucia, put one hand on her shoulder to grab her attention, looked her straight in the eyes and said "I'm going on that mission."

IC: Dahlia Seaton - The Alamo, Four Island

Although Jared seemed friendly enough, common sense cautioned her against going into the room of a near-complete stranger. It didn't help that her assumption of the silver-haired trainer's refusal to pry into personal matters had just been shattered. Of course, the alternative would be to head to the medical wing, which Dahlia realized would lead to an awkward conversation with her siblings about why her hand needed bandaging.

And so Dahlia followed Jared toward his room in silent agreement while she mulled over his question. "It's . . . a heavy burden, knowing everyone's relying on you -- on your powers -- to fight," she said slowly. "Especially against those monsters. I . . . I just got overwhelmed, I think." Dahlia managed a small smile to mask her anxiety. "What about you? Do you have any powers, or are you one of the trainers forced to watch little old me take your spot on the battlefield?"

IC: Jared WInters

"I can use Aura." He didn't elaborate, though he glanced at her curiously. She had powers as well? He was tempted to ask, but something about her aura seemed very closed off. He decided he would let her explain in her own time.

"I hadn't really thought of it that way, before. I've always felt like my abilities were a part of myself, so it wasn't a burden to put them to use. Not much different than being a combative pokémon trainer and helping people who weren't trainers, y'know?" He shrugged softly. "I'm sure nobody would fault you if you decided not to fight. It's a dangerous situation, and even those of us who can do extra things shouldn't feel pressured if it might put us at risk."

You're probably the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen.

What do you mean? It's the truth.

Except that you feel like people would judge you if you left.

You feel like you have to fight, and that not doing so would be selfish.

But, oh, no, a pretty girl? She shouldn't feel obligated. She shouldn't feel pressured

to risk her life. No, that burden lies solely on your shoulders.

Jared frowned as they got to his room. just because I feel that way about myself doesn't mean I should feel that way about anyone else.

What makes you different, then? Why should you have to risk your -- our -- life, if no-one else does?

He really didn't like how much sense the voice was making. He scowled as he opened the door. "Here, you can use my bathroom to wash the blood off your hand while I grab the antiseptic."

Edited by Mipha's Grace

-==IC: Lucia==-

Lucia was surprised for a moment by the suddenness of Jamie's comment. However, she smiled at the Hero and gave a brief nod. Lucia glanced over at Shannon, and frowned slightly. She watched as Ryan absentmindedly patted the Eevee on the head for a moment and then passed the tiny Pokemon back to Shannon wordlessly, and for a moment, the healer felt the tension in the room rising.

"Then I'll keep an eye on Ryan and everyone else I can." Lucia gave a small shrug to try and preempt any arguments. "But I feel like you're both being too hard-headed." The healer gave a hard look at both Ryan and Shannon. While both points were valid, she had to admit that Shannon was being a bit too stubborn at the moment.

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Alamo Barracks, Four Island
"R-right. Thank you. I'll try not to take out the mirror this time." With a nervous chuckle, Dahlia ducked into the bathroom and closed the door. She wanted to trust Jared's advice, but she couldn't shake the feeling that if she stepped down now, she'd just be running from her problems. Even Jared seemed to think less of her for giving up, if his bitter scowl was any indication.

Of course, Jared had probably been able to use Aura his whole life. He wasn't facing the same trial by fire she was. As Dahlia ran her hand under the icy water, she glanced back up at the mirror. The reflection that stared back at her was pale and worn. She looked like she had been through a warzone. Maybe it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to stay back. After all, she only had a responsibility to use her powers if she could actually use them, right? In her current state, she'd be at best a hindrance, at worst a detriment to her allies.

With the blood washed off of her hand, Dahlia cupped some water and splashed her face. The action was meant to revitalize her, like watering a young sprout. Instead the water fell on cracked soil and only succeeded in making her feel cold, clammy, and just as lost as ever.

IC: Shannon Willows/Madison - Medical Wing, The Alamo
"I thought you were on my side!" Shannon looked lost as she clutched her Eevee, her eyes darting from Lucia to Ryan to Jamie. A knot formed in her stomach under the healer's stern glare. It was just like when her parents insisted on moving her to Four Island -- or years before, when she had been pulled out of Ecruteak -- she was powerless to do anything.

But that didn't mean she couldn't try. Even though it felt like the whole world was against her, Shannon held onto her convictions. She would not -- could not -- sit idly by and watch as the people she cared about threw their lives headlong into danger. The girl stood her ground, barring Ryan from the door.

"I don't care how important this is, you can't just leave me all alone again so soon." The fire burned in her eyes anew as she focused her gaze on Ryan.

Madison gave a loud cough. "If you need company, I'd be more than happy to stay back with you if you want."

Shannon ignored the skier. Her focus was solely on Ryan. She took a deep breath. "I'm going with you to that briefing."

IC: Jayron Aaron - Executive Offices, The Alamo
Executive Aaron sat at his desk, chewing on the back of a pen as he mulled over the latest reports of the unfolding crisis on Two Island. He knew the most up-to-date information would be found in the Alamo Command Center, but frankly he had spent too much of the past few days in that room. The stress was unbearable and he needed a change of scenery. And so he found himself in his office, hunched over written reports instead of standing in front of a giant screen.

If we survive this, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. Jayron's Lucario sat across from him, his face creased with worry. Although the Aura Pokémon had lost his powers, a disorienting adjustment to say the least, Jayron was still able to keep their mental pathway open through his own abilities. For better or for worse. I don't need aura to know you need a break.

Jayron set his pen down with a heavy sigh. "A monster from another dimension just wiped out an island in a matter of hours, and the only things we know about it are what we heard from a psychotic terrorist. I can't afford to take a break."

Maybe not, but you can't afford to be sleep deprived when we go on this mission. Lucario let out something akin to a laugh before his expression softened. We're supposed to be a team. Just because you're the only one left with powers doesn't mean you have to do everything yourself. Let the rest of us help.

The aura wielder glanced around his office. Scythe and Servine had busied themselves sparring with punches and kicks while Aqua and Metagross dozed. Leafy and Flygon watched the two mock combatants in amusement while Midnight sat by herself on top of the bookshelf. Absol and Zweilous had been placed in their Pokéballs where they could take out their frustration without wrecking the office. Lucario had a point; ever since Ford's card had locked away Pokémon power, Jayron had grown more detached from his trusted partners. He couldn't rely on them to fight, and so he had left them to their own accords. It reminded him of Team Rocket's old reputation of viewing Pokémon as mere tools. The thought made him sick.

"You're right. I'm sorry." Jayron leaned back in his chair, projecting his thoughts to each of his Pokémon. "You all have to adapt to losing your abilities, yet I'm the one shutting everybody out. I suggested to Goldhawk that we try and gather intel on this thing, but our window of opportunity is closing. You heard that mass announcement, we don't have time to gather a hand-picked team, let alone come up with a decent strategy from what little we know. We're asking people to put their lives on the line in an incredibly risky situation. And I can't help but feel responsible for whatever happens."

So it's no different from when you'd send us into battle, Lucario said. The group we were with on Two Island was full of many capable humans who would do anything to keep the blob from spreading. Your bond with them may not be as strong as your bond with us, but don't underestimate the friendships they have already forged with each other. You don't need to gather a hand-picked team; you already have one.

Jayron smiled and ran a hand through his hair. "Maybe you're right. I just wish we had a better idea of what we'll be dealing with."

Midnight floated down from her perch, a bright sparkle in her eyes. Jayron raised an eyebrow and reached out to her mentally. His mind's eye was bombarded with a series of images.

. . . A dense forest . . . A girl . . . Uniformed agents . . . A city . . . A lab . . . He saw himself talking to the same girl, whom he recognized as Dara Trina. She had another Pokéball on her belt . . . He saw the final chamber in the egg. Nine Children gathered around a pedestal. And atop that pedestal, a familiar statue . . .

"Mewtwo!" Jayron leapt out of his chair, his mouth agape at the realization. "Ford's Mewtwo spent months fighting those things! He may be powerless now, but if I can establish a mental connection with him . . ." Midnight nodded happily. Jayron pulled the Mew into a hug before grabbing his Pokégear. "Midnight, you're a genius! Let's see, I remember Sanders was carrying Adams' Pokéballs, and I'm pretty sure Mewtwo was with them." The executive's hands shook in anticipation as he typed out a hurried message.

IC: Ryan Sanders - Sonja's Room, The Alamo
Ryan Sanders' Pokégear signaled that it had received a message.

Agent Sanders,

Executive Jayron Aaron

"Really?" Ryan muttered under his breath as he typed out a quick response indicating that he'd swing by after his meeting with Executive Arthur. He was seriously considering putting his Pokégear on silent.

The message wasn't very long, but Ethan read it several times over before placing his Poké Gear back into his pocket. He bit the inside of his cheek. "Let's focus on Ford for now," he said. "You said you knew some others related to Red? Team Liberty ought to have their contact information on file, right?"

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron/Esen Windred - Sonja's Room, Barracks:

The cacophony had caused Sonja to jump, scrambling for her own Pokétch. As Ryan rose to leave, she jumped up on her feet. "Hold on a second--I got that, too." She handed Ryan her messenger, letting him glance over the message while she put on her shoes and grabbed a coat. Her hand hovered for a moment over the black and pink one that she had received from Ford, before she shook her head and picked up her usual green one. "What do you think the odds are that he would ask to see both of us at the same time right after we've made up?"

"Or that a mission alert would go out at the exact same time," Kyle said with a chuckle, rising slowly to his own feet. His eyes were glued to his own Pokétch. "Or that I'd get an entirely different message from . . . Oh."

Sonja paused. "What?"

"Do you mind if I take these pictures with me?" Kyle asked. After a moment of silent confusion, Sonja nodded. Kyle stooped down to gather the papers, smiling his appreciation at Esen as she helped. "Chloe's going to talk to Ford. Might as well make the most of it while I'm there, right? Maybe we can get some answers." He neglected to mention that they would have to track down Richie first. Inwardly, he wasn't looking forward to that conversation.

"But she only messaged you?" Sonja asked, then double-taked. "Wait--Chloe who?"

He brought his inhaler up to his mouth, taking a breath. "Don't worry about it for now," Kyle said. "We'll take care of this. You guys go see what Executive Arthur wants, and then we'll meet up after." He turned to Esen. She was standing with her hands in her pockets, reading the message from Command as it scrolled across the screen of Sonja's laptop. "You up for it?"

The question startled Esen. Though she offered a small smile and nod, her eyes were dull with distance. "Yeah, sure . . ." 

"Alright," Sonja said. "Then let's go--we don't have time to waste."

She led the others out of her room, locking the door behind her.

IC - Chloe's Poké Gear:

A reply popped up from Kyle.

Just left Sonja's room--bringing something that might help. Will swing by dad's, then meet up where?

IC - Skye Hall/Gavin Braner - Gavin's Room, Infirmary:

The silence and tension between them was oppressive. It was punctured occasionally by the beeps of the monitors tracking Gavin's vitals, but this did nothing to make either of them feel better. Each beep, in fact, served only as a reminder of the irreparable damage that he had sustained within the egg--what he had lost in his efforts to help rescue her and the others.

'Rescue.'

An inappropriate word to describe an unnecessary situation. 

"What?"

Skye flinched. She couldn't tell if Gavin's ire was meant specifically for her or whether it had just become an automatic response with everything that had happened. Either way, it stung. She didn't move from in front of the door--try as she might, she could hardly even meet his eye.

"I wanted to see how you were doing . . ." she said. For a brief moment, Skye thought she saw Gavin's gaze soften, but his eyes grew hard again as he looked down at his injured arm. He did not respond. She wrung her hands together. "I'm glad you're awake . . . I've come in to check every day since we got here and I was . . . I was getting worried that you wouldn't wake up." Still no answer. Gavin stared forward, his jaw clenched. Nerves began to overwhelm Skye. "I . . . I'm really sorry for what happened. None of us--"

"Don't," Gavin interrupted. "Don't . . . ####ing apologize."

Skye flinched again. "I . . ." It was difficult to speak when her throat felt as if it was welding itself shut. She gulped, taking a deep breath. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"No."

"Are you sure . . .?"

"I lost an arm, Skye," Gavin seethed. "Worse, I lost an arm for no reason. If any of you had told us that you had everything under control--"

"We tried--"

"--or had any sort of foresight about McKinley--"

"That wasn't--"

"--or had the situation under control to begin with--"

"Gavin--"

"None of this had to happen!" Gavin yelled, sitting upright. He grimaced as the sudden movement caused the wires attached to him to tug against their respective machines. Skye could only stare at him, as if frozen where she stood. Even the tears that threatened to run down her face did not dare move. Gavin stared right back, his eyes dark. "Why did you go with them, Skye?"

"I . . . I thought I was doing the right thing," she said, her voice trembling. "Just like you did . . . and Ethan . . . and everyone else."

Gavin scoffed. "'The right thing.'" He shook his head. "The right thing would've been to kill Ford in his sleep--or at all. And we didn't even do that." He laid back down, turning away from Skye and toward the hall. "You did the wrong thing, Skye . . ."

Just like that, the dam burst. Skye did her best to stifle her tears, biting down on her hand to keep quiet, but she could not stop them from coming. She scrunched her eyes closed, turning back to the door and resting her head on it. A faint light reflected off of the mist in her eyes--a message on her Poké Gear. Skye rested her head against the door, taking several moments to reel herself in. The entire time, Gavin remained silent.

When at last her silent sobbing had turned into shallow gasps, Skye turned back around. Gavin had not changed position. "I . . . I'm sorry, Gavin," she managed to say. "I really am." Her Poké Gear hung in her fingers. They closed around it; Skye brought it up to her stomach. "I wish I could . . . could make it up to you--that I could make fix this . . ." She brought her free hand to her mouth, narrowly managing to keep her composure from collapsing. "You can stay mad at me--I know you need to. But please . . . just know that . . ." How to finish? "Just know that . . . if you don't see me again . . . I tried to make this right." She turned, opening the door and stepping out. "Bye . . ."

The door shut behind her with a click. Gavin brought his hand to his eyes, partly to hide his shame and partly to stem the flow the angry tears down his face.

It didn't work.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Amanda Zarth

Amanda snapped off a Plasma salute to both Jenny and Evan before beginning her report. "Your status as Team Plasma liaisons should grant you unfettered access to the Team Liberty and Team Rocket leadership. However, should they prove recalcitrant toward your delegated authority and require the Bishops' direct intervention, the two of you will need to compile an updated threat assessment for both subjects, to be sent to the Bishops for analysis. Additionally, our Team is presenting an open offer to assume custody of the subjects and their associates should the need arise, though the two of you are advised to consider the difficulties of transferal before advocating for the proposal." The Knight glanced down at her C-Gear, consulting her organizer before continuing in the same mechanical tone. "There is also the matter of the still-incomplete supplemental follow-up data on your report of Operation Fading Strike, Knight Tierra." Rook Kingsley had discouraged pursuing Knight Hakuda's debriefing, of course, but Knight Tierra's incomplete report was still a matter of necessary protocol. "And there was also a large-scale notification sent out regarding an unknown Liberty operation, additional intelligence on which could be of significant use."

Only after her report to Knights Tierra and Hakuda were done did she allow herself interaction with the space's other occupants. Closing her C-Gear and stowing it in her briefcase, she withdrew her Team Plasma badge from her pocket and presented it for the others' benefit. "Knight Amanda Zarth of Team Plasma, currently serving as undersecretary to Knights Tierra and Hakuda, current liasons to Teams Liberty and Rocket. Would you, by chance, happen to be Knight Hakuda's and Knight Tierra's points of contact with Team Liberty, or are we still operating on an improvisational basis?"

At Amanda's statements, the Hero had nodded, making a note to finished his report with her later. When all was said and done. Evan began his reply. "We've still yet to establish points of contact." he explained. "Ray's a Rocket Agent, but he could work as our Rocket contact. Potentially, we know a choice few other Liberty Agents who may be able to help." The Plasma Knight frowned, and focused on another fact Amanda stated. "The mentioned operation has nothing known about it." He explained. "Given how things are, we've gotta act fast. We can't afford to lose Ford's information."

Evan then faced Ray. "We've gotta loop the others in on this." He explained, producing his pokegear and starting to type a one-handed message. "I'm gonna send a message to Kyle and the others. It'll be good to have our pals backing us up on this, wouldn't you say?" As he finished, Evan hit 'Send', hoping this could work....

OOC: Message sent to all Unova Group members -not- present.

Spoke with Hayes. Seems urgent. Anywhere we could all meet up to talk about this? -Evan

Edited by Dr. Hidaka