Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Alamo Training Field

Dahlia opened her eyes. She glanced over at Lachina before focusing on Jared. "I feel . . . unprepared. I know this is supposed to help with my powers, but even if I had full control, I'd still be scared. I'm supposed to be the Heroine of Reverse, but I don't feel like a hero. Maybe it will come with experience, but I just don't have the confidence of my fellow Heroes of Space and Time. Those two were made to be heroes. I'm just a gardener from Olivine. A nobody. I try my best, but it never feels good enough."

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon

He nodded lightly. "I understand. You don't feel confident, and something happened to make that even worse, right? You feel like anything you try has a chance of failing badly?"

He stood. "Confidence can be a tough thing to manage. There are ways to build confidence over time. The first way is through physical exertion. Stand, please."

Lachina stood, wondering what Jared's plan was. Physical exertion? Surely he wasn't going to make them do something like run laps, was he? Sure, she and Dahlia were both dressed fine for it, but would he really spring a workout on them?

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Alamo Training Field

Dahlia stood, exchanging a glance with Lachina. She had no clue what sort of physical exertion Jared had in mind, but she felt like the girl who had just leapt gracefully from her Altaria was more fit for typical physical exercises. In the past, Dahlia had gotten most of her exercise from gardening, which while not as strenuous as something like running or push-ups, was still exerting in its own way. She looked back to Jared, awaiting further instructions.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Chloe==-

Chloe turned back to the terminal with a small frown, as she finally saw 'One result' on the screen. She quickly jotted it down into her Pokegear, and then turned around again.

"It was tough, but I found his info." The girl said, as she let out a small sigh. "You'd think it would have been easier since they aren't exactly common names... I couldn't find Yellow's info, but hopefully Blue can help at least. I'm... not sure what exactly to do, though."

IC: Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon - Alamo Training Ground, Four Island

"In my experience, confidence is often tied with the ability to take care of oneself in dangerous circumstances. I've had you structure your mind a bit, and now it's time to structure your body. If you want to be in control of one aspect of yourself -- your powers -- you have to be in control of every aspect of yourself."

That's funny, coming from you.

He ignored the voice without even a blink. "I'm not saying I'll make you the world's greatest martial artist, but I will at the very least show you the proper form for throwing a punch and a kick. Unless you've already had martial training?"

Lachina crossed her arms and leaned against the wall. At this point, it was clear that Jared was talking only to Dahlia. He'd seen her in action, after all. While not the most glorious display of martial prowess, she'd shown him she could hold her own in a scrap.

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan focused on Chloe, a curious glint in his eyes. "Help with what, per say?" He inquired. "Would it potentially be intertwined with why I called you here? If so, lemme spill the beans."

The hero cleared his throat, and decided to keep things short. He explained how he had spoken with Hayes, about how Ford and her were being kept out of the loop. Then he explained how limited time was, and that they had to ensure that their info got to the top brass.

Then...

"I have been given ambassador status, by the Sages." He explained, giving a slight smile. "But I need help convincing them about Ford and Hayes. Could I ask for a hand, or be of some service to you?"

-==IC: Olivia==-

Sounds of a skirmish rang out through the Urban Training Arena, as a girl ran laps around the outer ring. Olivia skidded to a stop as she glanced back toward the training fight, an uneasy look on her face at the uncanny sight of her Pokemon training without their powers. She knew that she needed to get stronger, and that her Pokemon would need it too, but... even as she watched her Vibrava and Amethyst battling against each other, she felt uneasy. She glanced around at the others - at Shade and Toxin trading blows, and at Bree, Heather and Willow doing more playing than anything.

"Kay everyone, break time!" Olivia called out, as her Pokemon gathered closer. As the girl moved to pour some water for the tired Pokemon, she caught a glimpse of someone at the entrance out of the corner of her eye. The trainer looked up as she brushed her bangs off her forehead, and her face fell slightly as the person glared at her with a sharpness that nearly made her flinch.

"Wha'cha staring at?" Olivia asked firmly, as she eyed the young man with suspicion. Without answering however, the man simply turned and walked away with a scoff. The woman waited a few moments, and then let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. That happens too often... Olivia shook her head, as she smiled at her team. "Let's go somewhere else! I dunno if we're wanted here." Although she kept her voice strong for her team's sake, it was obvious that not all of them believed her. Olivia quickly recalled her team into their Pokeballs to avoid the concerned looks that they were giving her, though Bree obliviously hopped up onto her shoulder as she leaned down.

The woman melancholically walked down the hall between the arenas while holding one hand behind her back. She tried to shrink into the shadows as best as she could, to avoid any stares. Since she had gone to the Alamo, Olivia had been treated with suspicion more than she wished. She couldn't tell what exactly was the cause, but she had a few guesses. The reaction in the arena was simply one of many that she had gotten over the past few days. The Rocket figured that she would head back to check on Aspen again, but she wondered if she even felt like doing that. She just felt lost almost, and the current situation in the world didn't help anything. Olivia clenched her fists, as she put her head down and kept walking. All this's why I need to get stronger... so I can fight too.

As she passed by the Outdoors Training Center, however, Olivia heard voices from inside. Normally she would have just walked by but she thought sure that she heard Dahlia's voice echoing too, and peeked into the entrance to check. Inside was Dahlia and two other people that she didn't recognize. The redhead was especially confused, however, at the fact that they were just sitting on the ground. She recoiled and hid in the shadows a little more when she saw everyone stand, wondering whether she had been seen or not. The Rocket tried to listen in on what was being said, but could only make out something about a workout which didn't help her confusion.

Something 'bout that guy seems fishy though... Wonder what his story is. . . The silver haired man certainly wasn't one of the people from the boat, that was for sure. Even though Olivia had only talked to the group a few times, she knew that she would have recognized him if she had seen him around. She decided to keep an eye on the trio for the moment to try and find out what was going on, and hoped that she wouldn't be spotted. . .

IC - Sonja Baron - Executive Arthur's Office, The Alamo:

Five minutes ago, Sonja had been in a boring hallway with nothing to do but wait for her turn at what she presumed would be a routine . . . something. A meeting with an Executive--one she had never met, at that. Was it really routine if it had never happened before? It wasn't out of the ordinary, at any rate--Team Liberty's set-up meant that agents reported directly to Executives all of the time, offering mission debriefs, insights into enemy movements and tactics, educated opinions on how things 'should' be done.

What was not typical was to be called into an Executive's office out of the blue and accused of treason.

Treason.

Sonja almost yelped with laughter through the disbelieving chill that spread through her chest. This was not how she had expected her day to go. At the very least, it seemed she might get some opportunity to explain the situation in full before getting thrown into the Alamo's depths like Ford and her sister. Instead of laughing, she managed to keep her expression fairly neutral, though perhaps a bit more dumbfounded that she would have liked. For several moments, all she could do was stare straight at Executive Arthur, her lips thinned into a short line. 

"Excuse my disrespect, Executive, but you're missing a lot of context surrounding what happened," she said. "If you want to arrest me and tell the world that I went with Ford because I had something against Team Liberty, then you can go ahead and do so, but that isn't why I left. Up to the incident in Fortree, I had seen instance after instance of Sophia Baron performing atrocities under the influence of a man who claimed to be doing what was right--hurting innocents, hurting my friends, for no discernible reason. No explanation was ever given, no insight ever offered--nothing to explain what Ford's actions were meant to accomplish."

Her Pokétch buzzed. Sonja silenced it.

"Team Liberty--and as far as I know, Team Rocket--had completely failed to gain any grain of understanding of Ford's intentions, no matter how closely or how thoroughly any of us investigated the matter," she continued. "When we encountered Sophia in Fortree, it became clear that the only way to learn the full extent of what was going on would be to go with them--particularly if that meant sparing my friends any further harm from Hayes and McKinley. I made a mistake in thinking that it'd be as simple as leaking information from inside, but I stand by my decision to try."

Sonja stood up, holding her hands out. Her eyes never left James's face. If there was one thing she had picked up from her short time within Ford's facility, it was an self-assuredness that demonstrated itself now in her voice and expression. This entire conversation, her tone had remained completely even, her expression completely impassive. It would not break now.

"Go ahead and arrest me," she said. "Just know that the more of us you throw into prison, the less likely you are to figure out how to stop that thing." Sonja nodded at the window. "Without McKinley's sabotage, Ford would have been able to stop it from coming here. If you're going to imprison me, at least let him go so that he can figure out how to seal it again."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Executive Arthur

If nothing else, the executive was impressed by the agent's self-confidence.

"That really was not your call to make, Agent," the executive said mimicking words once said to him. "How did you even plan on leaking the information? Even if Ford's ritual did not bind you, were you gambling on Ford letting you have your cell phone and calling whoever you pleased? If you had informed anyone else beforehand of such a plan, it could be worked into a viable option. A plan made with haste is generally not worth betting on. In addition, from the number of people that showed up on Two Island, you caused many people pain and worry..."

Something I'm familiar with doing, James thought, momentarily losing himself in this thoughts as images of Jamie, Lancelot, Gawain and Guinevere flashed into his head.

Remembering himself he continued, "on top of which, the timing of your actions came on the heels of a major problem of desertions and agents away without leave following the cease-fire. Something we have only been able to recover from recently. Thankfully your actions were not widely known. If they had been, morale would have sunk further, something we really did not need."

The executive looked briefly at the gesture that the agent offered him.

"You say that Ford will be able to seal it again if we let him go free. Ford might disagree with you on that. He told us explicitly that he neither knew how to destroy it or how to seal it. And even if there is a way for him to help, unless there is an explicit reason that he would be unable to help while in custody, I do not see any reason why I cannot keep you all in cells."

The executive looked back into Sonja's eyes and stared. He seemed to be weighing the options in his head before finally shaking his head.

"That all being said, if what you are saying is the truth, that warrants insubordination, not treason. I am willing to let you prove your good intentions. You may put your arms down."

A brief click could be heard near the interior edge of the room. As if a door that had been kept just the slightest bit open was suddenly fully closed.

"The punishment for insubordination is probation. I will inform Goldhawk of the results of my investigation before your punishment goes into effect in lieu of arresting you. If you understand, then I have something for you."

The executive open a drawer of his desk, pulled out a sealed envelope, and offered it to Sonja.

"I was informed that you were not you were not allowed to visit Sophia Baron. Take this letter to Executive Ladon. If she does not immediately allow you to speak with her, tell her to come see me."

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Alamo Training Field, Four Island

"I've never been much of a fighter," Dahlia admitted. "I'm pretty sure the first time I actually punched someone was on the boat ride from Lilycove. Guess I should learn how to punch before I Reverse Punch, huh?" A smile slipped onto her face. "This martial training isn't going to involve me waxing your car, is it, Jared?"

IC: Dack Majors/Luke - Records Room, The Alamo

Dack nodded at Evan. "Blue's supposed to help us secure a meeting with Ford, to learn more about this blob thing we're facing. That is, assuming we can convince him to help us. It sounds like you've got the same general idea. But like you said, time is not on our side. We need to work together, come up with a common plan, or we'll all just be spread out doing our own thing."

IC: Ryan Sanders/Jayron Aaron - Executive Offices, The Alamo

"Come on in."

Ryan opened the door. Jayron's office was constructed disturbingly similar to James'. The executive was seated at his desk jotting down notes, but unlike Arthur and his computer, Aaron seemed to prefer pen and paper. His numerous Pokémon dotted the room, creating an atmosphere that felt both familial and a bit intimidating. Ryan took a seat and waited patiently as Jayron finished scribbling something out. Finally, the executive looked up.

"Agent Sanders. How are you doing?"

"I've been better." To his credit, Ryan didn't outwardly reveal his current worry. But it was hard to tell how much the aura reader actually knew about the situation.

"We all have." Jayron offered a melancholy smile as he shuffled his paper notes. "Now, let's get straight to business. What can you tell me about Ford's Mewtwo?"

The question took Ryan by surprise. "Well, Ford said something about it living in that other dimension for a while, buying time. There was a statue of the Mewtwo in the final chamber . . . I think." He shifted in his seat as he furrowed his brow. "It might have been its petrified body, or its tie to this world. All I know is, once that thing started dripping down from the ceiling, Ford's Mewtwo was standing where the statue had been. Unconscious. I helped drag it away from the pedestal, until Adams returned it to its Pokéball."

Jayron nodded. "And with Adams gone, the Mewtwo was left in your charge."

Ryan tensed. Was Liberty planning to place Mewtwo under arrest too? "I don't have it with me," he said defensively.

"That's a shame." The executive pursed his lips. "I had hoped to get this over with sooner rather than later. Where is he?"

Ryan did not answer. He had said too much to Arthur, and now Sonja was about to pay the price. He quickly deduced that if Ford, Sonja, and Hayes were all locked up, Mewtwo could be the only one left who could help them defeat McKinley's monster. Even if the current power loss rendered the once-powerful Legendary as nothing more than a tall bipedal cat-like clone with no form of verbal communication, it was better than nothing. He could not afford to make the same mistake twice.

"Sanders. Where is Mewtwo?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mea-"

"Adams' Pokémon were all gravely injured. Especially Mewtwo." Ryan spoke through clenched teeth. His mind raced as he tried to think of the best way out of this situation. "I had to get them healed."

"So they're in the Pokémon Center?" Jayron reached for his desk phone to page the resident Nurse Joy.

"No. After they were healed, I gave them to someone more familiar with Adams. Someone who could tell them their trainer was gone."

"Who?"

". . . I don't know."

The executive brought a hand to his temple with a sigh. "Can you give me a name? A description? Were they Liberty? Rocket? Unaligned?"

Ryan closed his eyes. Ethan Worth. He had to find Ethan Worth as quickly as possible. Before it was too late. "I don't know."

Jayron shook his head in exasperation. "So you just handed off a Ford agent's Pokémon to someone you don't know because they claimed to have known Adams?"

He opened his eyes, staring straight at the executive. "Like you said, it's been an emotional time for all of us. I've got enough on my plate without having to tell a handful of Pokémon I've never met before that their trainer is dead. Especially when I could have saved her."

Jayron jotted down a few more notes, then looked back at Ryan. The lesser agent stared right back, ignoring the uncomfortable feeling that the executive was likely peering into his aura. "Those Pokémon should have been placed in Liberty custody, not handed off to an unknown. Sanders, it is imperative that you find this person and bring them to me. Do I make myself clear?"

Ryan stood up and nodded gravely. He could feel the eyes of each of Jayron's Pokémon staring at him. "I understand the situation perfectly, sir."

"Good. I expect you back in my office by the end of the week, preferably sooner. You are dismissed."

IC: Jared WInters/Lachina Adaon - Alamo Training Ground, Four Island

Lachina snickered softly, while Jared just looked confused. "I don't have a car, and I don't think waxing it would teach you martial arts. That's . . . Why would you ask that?"

The ranger girl snorted, grinning. "Don't try to joke with him. He's a chronic brooder, they just bounce off of him."

The silver-haired trainer shot her a scowl. "I don't brood."  He rubbed at his nose, feeling his face heat up. "Alright, so first, hold your hand out and make a fist, so I can see what I'm working with."

IC: Sylph - Alamo, Four Island

Even without her attacks, she had to train, as did the rest of the team. Xander wasn't slacking off, so neither would they. The Gardevoir stood surrounded by her teammates, waiting for them to attack. If she had her powers, she could keep an eye on all of them at once. As it was, it came down to pure prediction.

Vixen was the first to rush her, which was no surprise. The Fennekin was headstrong, and that would be her undoing. Sylph side-stepped, letting the fire type rush past her. A sound to her right, and she dropped to one knee and twisted. Astraea flew past. The Star Pokémon couldn't use a proper Rapid Spin, but she felt that it still would have dealt damage if it hit something.

The newest member of the team was next, and Sylph was genuinely shocked when Psyka dropped onto her shoulder as Astraea passed. The Espurr always seemed to find your blindspots, and she honestly hadn't expected someone to ride a Staryu into battle.

Sylph struggled with Psyka briefly, until Ellen tackled her from behind. The three tumbled over, and Sylph laughed when she saw the Eevee sitting proudly on her chest, looking extremely pleased with herself.

"Very good," she said as she scratched Ellen on the head. "Yes, you did very well, all of you." She sat up slowly, letting the smaller Pokémon slip into her lap. "Shall we try best two out of three?"

Dahlia shot Lachina a grin before focusing back on her training. She held out her right hand, the one Jared had bandaged, and balled it into a fist. The muscles in her arm tensed. Her whole body tensed. She looked at her hand nervously, the unasked question on her face wondering whether her punches would open up her wounds again.

IC: Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Alamo Barracks, Four Island

"Authorities are still unsure what to make of the strange monsters that invaded Two Island earlier today. Rumor has it that the Rocket government is working with Team Liberty to address the situation, and we expect there will be a press release by tonight. Meanwhile the former residents of the island have evacuated to the Kanto Region, and refugees continue to flock from Three Island, which is also being evacuated as a precautionary measure. Back to you, Jim . . ."

The door opened and Ellen's father walked in. "Man, you would not believe how hard it is to secure a chopper off this island," he muttered. "I practically had to- Ellen, what are you doing? Turn that off!"

". . . Here we see some rare footage leaked from the Alamo. One of the flying monsters, what some have likened to a harpy, rips through a Pidgey like tin foil. The bird Pokémon falls to the surface of the island, where its body is slowly consumed by--"

The television abruptly shut off as Mr. Burks let the remote clatter onto the coffee table. Paul knelt in front of his daughter, who continued to stare past him at the blank screen. "Ellen." His eyes were already flooded with tears. "I told you not to turn on the television. You'll only give yourself nightmares."

"This is the nightmare." Ellen's voice was soft and distant. "Turning off the television is just like pretending it isn't real. Unova pretended the war wasn't real, then Sophia blew up Castelia. You can't ignore it."

Paul had no answer. "Listen, Ellen, I got us a ride to Unova. They've agreed to stop in Fortree to pick up some of your belongings. We'll leave in a couple days, so you'll have time to say goodbye to your friends. They're all really worried about you . . ."

"Xander was here earlier," she said. "So was Ray."

"Well, that was nice of them to visit. I'm sure they-"

"They're going to fight those things."

As quickly as it had appeared, Paul's smile vanished. "Ellen, I'm sure they'll be fine."

"You don't know that."

". . . You're right. I don't. But I do know that your friends are very capable. Look how much they went through just to rescue you." Paul sat down on the couch next to his daughter and pulled out his Xtransceiver. "Come on, let's give your mother a call to let her know our plans. I'm sure she'll be happy to hear your voice."

Now it was Ellen's turn to let her eyes fill with tears. She pulled her feet up and hugged her legs, burying her face in her kneecaps. "I should have listened to you," she sobbed. "I never should have gone with Tyler. I'm a horrible daughter. I'm so sorry, Daddy . . ."

He wrapped his arms around her. "No, Ellen . . . You're the kindest, sweetest daughter a father could ask for. I shouldn't have pushed you away. During Christmas, you only wanted to help your friends. All I could see was the danger you were stepping into. I'm the one who should be sorry, Ellen. I didn't want to lose you, so I held on too tight."

"What's scarier?" she asked softly through her tears. "To know every unspeakable horror our friends will have to face? Or to know nothing aside from the fact that they're putting themselves in danger?"

For a long while, Paul did not speak. "I don't know." He stood up and slowly moved over to the room's small cupboard. "I think we're both in need of a little pick-me-up. How does a cup of hot tea sound?" Ellen didn't answer, but Paul prepared the tea anyway. He sat back down with two steaming mugs. Ellen left hers untouched.

His Xtransceiver was laying on the coffee table. With a sigh, Paul placed the device back in his pocket. Seeing Ellen like this broke his heart. He wouldn't want to break Anna's heart as well.

Jared inspected the fist and nodded. "Good. Knuckles tight, thumb on the outside so you don't break it . . ." He nodded. "Now, I won't have you punch a target, yet. For one thing, we don't have any targets, and even if we did, it would probably make your knuckles bleed some more." He held his own hands out for her to inspect. "I used to punch trees until my hands bled. It built calluses and made me able to punch harder without hurting myself. I'm not here to train you like that. Right now, I'm just going to show you how to throw a punch."

He took a wide, low stance, with his left fist out and his right one at his hip. "Note how my right hand is cocked back with my palm up. This is called a 'chamber' and it's meant to add power to your strike." He slowly moved his arms, reversing their positions. "When you punch, you want to put as much force behind it as possible. You do this two ways. First, by twisting your torso, you put the force of your body behind it, and second by twisting your arm. Think of it as a spring uncoiling all at once."

He demonstrated again, faster this time. "Breathe out on a punch or a kick. You really don't want to be short of breath in a fight. That's why you hear people shouting in movies. It releases the breath from their body, and it also has a psychological affect. They punch harder because they think that shouting when exerting yourself makes you do better."

He demonstrated again, this time with a short, loud, "Kyah!"

"Now, it's your turn. Lachina, you too."

The ranger grinned and took the stance, extending her fist. "This feels kind of ridiculous."

"If it looks dumb but saves your life, it's not dumb. Now, on my count."

IC: Amelia Zann (+Sina [sneasel]/+Harvey [Larvitar])/Alex Zyther (+Didi [Dedenne]/+Raleigh [Ralts]) (July 31st)

A moment after Alex made it through the door, it snapped shut behind him.

"Finally. Took ya long enough."

Alex looked around the empty Pokémon Center, only noticing Amelia at the control panel when he'd turned completely around. The Trainer glared at the spy. "Crutches," he snarked back, gesturing with one of the mentioned devices, "in case you hadn't noticed."

Amelia snorted. "You seem nimble enough on 'em." She glared at Raleigh with disdain. "I see you brought the troublemaker after all."

"Dr. Canard said he saved our lives. He called the doctors to come help us when we were unconscious in the woods."

Amelia's eyes narrowed. "Wouldn't have been there in the first place if it wasn't for him--" Unbidden, the memories of the Celadon hospital collapse came to mind. "...You know what, fine. Call it even. But if Van isn't 100% okay by the time I see him..."

Alex stared at the woman's Larvitar, who was apparently fine. "Uh...that's not him?"

Amelia shot her human companion a withering gaze. "Does he look like a Carvanha to you?"

"Wh--how was I supposed to know??"

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Forget it, kid." The spy scratched her forehead absently. "All right, so, down two Pokémon and way too many eyes between here and Shalour...best bet's probably by sea, but my Water-type's the one that's down. I don't s'pose...?" She considered the Trainer's Pokémon--a diminutive yellow mouse something-or-other, and the odd-colored Ralts that had gotten her into this whole mess. "...nah, never mind."

"You know we'd probably be a lot more helpful to you if you told us exactly what's going on."

A sigh. "Fine. An old friend of mine's coming in to see me, needs someplace to let the trail cool off. Like we do, honestly, but there's safety in numbers and hopefully she's not missing half her team."

"...yeah, I know the feeling. It's so weird not to have Blissie or Sylph with me..."

Do I look like I care? the spy managed not to say. "Anyway, unless your little friend there--"

"Raleigh."

"...the heck kinda name is that?" She shook her head. "Never mind. Unless...'Raw-lee'...can teleport us to Shalour City..."

After a moment of expectant hesitation, Raleigh shook his head in apology.

"...then we're gonna have to hoof it on our own. And since Lumiose is explicitly *not* an option, we're gonna have to get a boat."

"That's no problem! I've got plenty of money, I can..." Alex went for his bag, only to remember it wasn't with him. "...probably battle someone for a rental?"

Amelia snorted.

"Hey, I can, okay? As soon as I got to Aunt Stacy's, I was going to challenge the Gyms of Kanto!"

Amelia took another look at Alex's Pokémon. "Uh-huh."

"I was!" Alex's jaw abruptly snapped shut as he realized how he sounded. I don't know what it is about her that sets me off, but sheesh...

"Look kid, unless that little yellow rat's got enough charge to hot-wire an ignition--"

"De nenene!" the Dedenne in question objected noisily.

"We are not stealing--" The exclamation dropped off suddenly as something over Amelia's shoulder caught Alex's eye.

"...aren't we?" Amelia frowned. "Hello? Kid?" No response. "...Alex?"

Unhearing, Alex made his way past the woman to the television screen, still playing the news on mute. He couldn't see the controls, but it seemed the woman's Sneasel had anticipated the need and had found the appropriate button at the nurse's station.

"--mourn as the search for survivors of the hospital collapse continues. Emergency services on the scene inform me that the odds of finding survivors this long after the disaster were already down to single-digits, but with the outage it's become near-impossible to recover remains, let alone a chance-defying straggler. With the clearing efforts ground to a near halt, the authorities are officially declaring any unrecovered occupants deceased, and will now begin the process of notifying the next-of-kin. We're told that the names of those not found will be added to the city-wide registry within the week, and those with family still missing in or near Celadon are urged to contact the hotline again at that time."

"Aunt Stacy..." Alex's eyes were wide as the camera surveyed the destruction, two weeks' work having been done but the city still largely in a state of ruin and disrepair. Another name jumped to mind. "...Lucia!"

Amelia pursed her lips. As much as she wanted to keep moving, she didn't begrudge the kid his concern for his loved ones. "It was bad, not gonna lie, kid. But I reckon as long as your family was strong enough to be battle Rocket, they're just fine," she lied comfortingly.

If anything, Amelia's reassurance--or more specifically, the mention of Team Rocket--only worried him more. He stared at her, then back the screen. "...Lucia...?"

"We now return to our top story. It's been nearly four hours since the event that some are dubbing 'the flash felt 'round the world', heralding the mass disappearance of Pokémon powers. We've reached out to local Pokémon Professor Augustine Sycamore for comment regarding the phenomenon, but have yet to receive a reply; meanwhile, reports continue to come in of Pokémon power failures from around the globe, with the majority coming from the Kanto region and its neighboring territories. As of yet there has been no word from official Team Rocket leadership, but we've recently received a tip from an anonymous source that the incident may have originated from the Sevii Islands, home of Team Rocket's best-known opposing organization Team Liberty. Although the conflict between the two teams was halted under cease-fire back in January, the destruction of Celadon and a number of other incidents has increased international concern that a renewal of the decade-long war may be at hand. At present, however, Team Liberty leadership could not be reached for comment."

Bang bang bang!

"Ms. Zann? Hello? I've just been made aware of some serious concerns and--" THWONG "--the door...won't...open...? Ms. Zann? Ms. Zann??"

"C'mon, kid," Amelia murmured, taking the shell-shocked Alex by the shoulder and guiding him along with her. "Let's get out of here."

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Try as she might, Olivia wasn't entirely certain what was going on. It looked like they were... practicing martial art moves? If this was some sort of class, then that would explain some of the things, but something still felt uneasy to her. She shook her head as she glanced down to Bree with a smile.

"Let's go see what's up." The redhead said to the Torchic, as she slowly walked toward the gathered trio. After what felt to her like an eternity, Olivia reached the group with an awkward smile on her face. She had to wonder what all this looked like to Dahlia, if this seemed like an overprotective big sister checking in or not. She pushed the thought out of her head, and quietly took a deep breath.

"Heya, I'm Olivia..." The woman felt an unconscious edge creep into her voice, but curbed it back to the best of her ability. "Sorry if I'm buttin' in... I just was passing by and well, wondered what was going on?" Too honest maybe; was this actually okay? If these were Dahlia's friends, what if she screwed things up? No, I'm letting that interfere again. I can't keep thinking that way...

IC: Jamie - Alamo

For all the running off and charging she did, Jamie didn't know the Alamo any better than she did when she first arrived. So she more or less kept heading towards what seemed to be more 'official-looking' areas. When that failed, she just kept taking rights. Eventually she gave up, asked for directions, and after deciphering the surprisingly thick accent of the person she asked, she managed to find her way to the command center. The door was being held open by a man that she thought she recognized, but was too concerned with the door potentially about to close to notice who it was.

"Hold the door!" she called thankfully reaching the ear of the man holding the door, who stopped and allowed her to pass.

"Thanks, uh," she took a look at the man who had held the door. "Ray, right?"

Dahlia mimicked Jared's stance and took a deep breath and held it, preparing to exhale on the aura wielder's count. It seemed simple enough. Reverse her arms. Like a spring.

One . . . Two . . .

"Sorry if I'm buttin' in . . ."

"Kyaaaaaaa!" Dahlia punched the air so hard she stumbled forward, falling flat on her face. Color rushed to her cheeks as she glanced over her shoulder. "O-Olivia?! What are you doing here, you startled me!" She hastily picked herself up and turned an embarrassed eye on Jared and Lachina. "U-um, sorry about that . . ."

IC: Jared Winters - Alamo Training Grounds, Four Island

As Dahlia fell, Jared knelt to try and help her up. "Be careful not to overextend." He looked to the newcomer and his eyebrows shot up. What did they feed women around here to get them so tall?

"I'm just teaching these two some self-defense techniques." He glanced between Dahlia and Olivia. "Do you two know each other then?"

Edited by Mipha's Grace

"Oh, um..." Olivia bit her lip as she felt embarrassed too that the error had happened just because she had been there. "Yeah, Dahlia's my sister." She rubbed her arm a little awkwardly, unsure what else to say, or how to reply to Dahlia. She'd already explained her reasons, and felt almost like it would be redundant to repeat it, but she also knew it was partly what had startled her younger sister in the first place. "I was just walking by..."

"There's another problem too; we're supposed to meet Kyle here when he's ready, but I don't know when that will be. . ." Chloe sighed as she looked at the screen, as if she had made an error somewhere in trying to branch out so much. She knew that she needed to get help, but was this perhaps too much? Getting so many people involved - would it just hinder them? Would it slow them down in the long run? She subtly shook her head to clear out her uncertain thoughts.

"We need to figure out how we're going to approach this situation with Blue. If we can track him down soon, maybe we can figure out how to meet up with him when Kyle arrives, or get him to visit here too, or something. I don't even know how to start things in the first place, since the last time I saw him was last... November or so, If not earlier." The psychic girl closed her eyes, as she tried to think of a plan, any plan.

-==IC: Ray==-

"Um, yeah." Ray looked surprised as he noticed that one of the exact people he was admittedly uneasy about running into, was now right in front of him. He struggled to find the words. "It's been a little while, Jamie... even if we, um, were in that egg not long ago..." The man moved further past the entrance to let the girl into the room, and wondered just how this would turn out.

IC: Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon - Alamo Training Ground, Four Island

"Oh." Jared nodded lightly. "Well, um . . . Do you want to join us?" Was there just something about these sisters that made them feel isolated and withdrawn? Olivia's aura wasn't quite as bad as Dahlia's had been, but it was still pretty closed off. "I don't know if you have powers like your sister does, but exercise is good, right?"

'Exercise is good,' really? You sound like a gibbering idiot.

Would you kindly shut up? I don't really know how to talk to--

Like this.

"Let me rephrase that, my apologies. Powers or no, one should know how to defend oneself. On top of that, it would be my privilege to teach such lovely ladies as yourselves." He executed a small half-bow and smiled.

In an instant, he was back in control. He tried to hide the feeling of terror welling within him, but he was pretty sure he was sweating, and he could see Lachina giving him a strange look.

The ranger girl had never heard Jared speak so politely or smoothly. What was that about? she wondered. She set her jaw and decided she would have to keep an eye on him for future incidents.

IC: Xander Cruize - Alamo Command Center, Four Island

Xander had appeared a short ways from command, not wanting to freak anyone out by suddenly teleporting into the middle of a crowded room. He turned a corner and was just in time to see a pair of people opening the doors. He jogged a bit to catch the door and grinned. "Hello again, Ray. Jamie." He followed them in, still smiling a bit. "Think the others will show?"

Edited by Mipha's Grace

Something about the sudden shift in demeanor felt off to Olivia, but yet. . .

"You should try to be a little more open to people sometimes! I know the roundtable thing was a start, but you need to keep things up if you want to get better at things!" Chloe had said that a few days earlier, while they were waiting for the mission to Two Island to begin. But at the time, Olivia had not one single clue about how to continue working on that, especially while trying to mend things with Aspen.

"Alright, I'm in. When we startin'?" Olivia gave a small smile at the trio, hoping that Dahlia was okay with this. "I don't have powers, but I'll do everything I can to be able to whip the butts of those mystery things that showed up!"

Dahlia felt her breath catch in her lungs as she stared at Jared. Was he . . . hitting on them? Was that his whole reason for agreeing to train her? For offering to bandage her hand? For walking in on her in the women's bathroom? Suddenly flustered, Dahlia went back to her spot across from the aura wielder. She tried to push the thoughts from her mind. With a nod at her sister, she resumed her stance. One hand outstretched, the other at her side, palm up.

"Shall we try this again? I-I'll try not to mess up this time."

"Why not just ask Blue to meet us here?" Dack asked. "That way we can maybe talk to him while we're waiting for Kyle, or vice versa."

Luke sighed. "Either way, that's still a lot of waiting. You think Blue will even listen to you? 'Hey man, I know you don't know most of us, but could you put in a word to get us a meeting with that terrorist you guys have locked up?' Yeah, that'll go over real well."

Dack shot him a glare. "Well, it's him or Kyle's father. Our options are pretty limited here."

IC: Ryan Sanders - Executive Offices, The Alamo

Ryan stepped back out into the hallway and closed the door to Jayron's office. His heart was racing. He checked his Pokégear. No word from Sonja; she was still in James' office. He knew he needed to find Ethan Worth as quickly as possible, but he had never asked for the Rocket's number. It would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. But he couldn't leave the executive wing just yet.

He walked back over to James' office and sat down next to the door, hugging his legs. When had things gotten so complicated? Team Liberty was feeling more and more like an organization he couldn't trust. This whole situation with Ford had just turned everything on its head. He wasn't sure who to trust, or where to turn. Hopefully the old group from Unova would be more understanding. Evan seemed to be trying to call them back together, and Ryan had planned to meet up with him before Jayron had unexpectedly placed Ethan on his priority list. Evan or Ethan? Which was more important? He mulled it over, hoping Sonja would come out soon.

IC: Jared WInters/Lachina Adaon - Alamo Training Ground, Four Island

Jared took a second to compose himself, and then took the wide stance again. "Alright, so, like I said. The hand you're punching with starts palm-up at your hip. As you extend it, you'll twist your body into it, and you'll turn the wrist at the end to give it that last bit of strength. Don't over-extend, and don't forget to breathe out when you punch. On my count!"

Lachina started punching as Jared counted off. Each punch she threw was accompanied by a short "Ha!" and each one felt more natural than the last.

IC - Kyle Eston/Richie Eston - Liberty Cemetery, The Alamo:

Richie was waiting in front of the grave when Kyle arrived. His head was bowed, eyes set on the words inscribed at the top of the stone slab--"Kimberly Eston." A bouquet of white chrysanthemums rested on the grass that had overtaken the risen dirt, freshly placed and rustling in the light wind that blew through the cemetery. He did not look up as Kyle came to stand next to him, though his eyes did move. Kyle followed his gaze to the smaller gravestone on the right. "Reese Eston."

He pulled his coat tighter against his body, looking back at his mother's grave.

They stood in silence for some time. 

At last, Richie spoke. "You haven't come here before today . . ." Kyle didn't answer. Richie sighed. "I can't blame you. You were trying to find me in Unova when she died. You couldn't let your friends go to fight the Ancients alone, so there was no time then . . . And I sent you away from then until now." He smiled sadly, looking at Reese's grave. "So . . . how'd you find out?"

Kyle shifted his weight on his feet, looking away. He pulled out his inhaler, staring at it as he rolled it in his fingers. "I . . . remembered," he said. Had his father read the report? Even if he had, Kyle didn't want to get into that subject now--he had enough reminders as it was. "There was an incident in Kalos . . . it brought it back. Brought him back . . ." He nodded at the smaller grave. They both fell silent again. "How come you never told me?"

"About Reese?"

"Any of it," Kyle said. "Reese, your marriage, my biological father. Why keep it secret? I spent years training in a facility that taught me that my entire purpose was to fight Team Rocket. They'd already taken Mom; why not throw that extra fuel in the fire, tell me that I had a brother who died, too--someone else who needed to be remembered and avenged? With that kind of motivation I could've worked harder, made myself stronger, maybe . . . I could've done something more--stopped Hayes, stopped Kyurem or . . . done something more to help . . ." He trailed off, uncertain of what he was even trying to say. His face was warm and wet; he hadn't realized that he had started crying. Why was he crying? Kyle looked away, trying to compose himself.

It took some time for Richie to answer, speaking only when Kyle straightened back up. "I didn't want to hurt you by making you remember," he said. "As far as I could tell, you weren't old enough to recall any of that. And if you did, you seemed like you were handling it well enough. I never realized it was just buried. I'm sorry." He put his hands in his pocket. "Do you really want to know about Nick?"

Kyle stared at Richie. "You're . . . actually offering?" Richie nodded. "I . . ." He wasn't sure what to say. He did want to know, but at the same time, he also didn't want to know. 

"I can't say that you'll like what you'll hear," Richie said. "But it's something that I can't keep away from you forever. And after everything you've been through in the past year . . ." He shook his head. "You've earned it." He looked at Kyle. "Just promise me you won't run off on me, okay?"

If the nearby ocean was a little quieter, Kyle could have heard his heart thumping in his chest from sudden anxiety. He nodded. "If you just . . . give me his name, then I'll think about it. Look him up for myself if I decide I want to." He eased his grip on the inhaler. "But yeah, I promise." He smiled. "Thanks, dad."

Richie nodded. "So," he said at length. "You said you had something else that you needed to talk to me about?"

IC - Sonja Baron - Executive Arthur's Office, The Alamo:

All things considered, that went a lot smoother than expected. As much as Sonja wanted to respond with her own counterarguments, it was more or less a moot point now. Instead, she simply took the letter from James, flipping it around between her fingers for a moment before stepping back. "Thank you."

"Just remember, not only are you now representative of the others who chose to go with Ford, but your actions are now reflected on myself," the executive said. "Do not make me regret letting you go."

"I won't." Sonja pushed her seat back into its proper place. She paused for a moment, eyes set on the wall to her left as if transfixed on a distant something. "At least, I'll try not to." Sonja shook her head, looking back at James. "I do have one request, if you'll hear it."

"Very well, I will hear it," the executive said genuinely curious as to what she would ask.

She shifted on her feet. "I've fought Hayes. So have all of the Agents that were involved in Unova. We know what she's capable of doing. Ford, too. They've spent the last decade of their lives figuring out what this thing is from scraps of information, even if they don't know how to stop it right now. It might be worthwhile to utilize them beyond just their knowledge--as combatants, instructors, or direct analysts in the labs." She paused. "Request might have been the wrong word," Sonja corrected herself. "More of a suggestion, even if it is too big of a security risk to be taken seriously."

James looked at Sonja for a bit, sighed before leaning back in his chair. It took all of his discipline not to slouch considering how exhausting the subject Sonja just brought up was. "It is not that I do not see the merit in doing so. If Pierce were alive, I know fully well what he would have been capable of and how he would have been an asset. Even if I had decided you were a traitor, there would have been merit in letting you operate until this situation has been dealt with. But it is not quite as simple as that." James leaned forward, clicked a few times on the mouse next to his laptop and turned it around. "Team Plasma, many levels of governments of Rocket controlled teritories and even the provisional government in charge of Hoenn are demanding Ford's head on a pike, and each one of them wants to be the one to do place it there."

On the screen were documents that were probably classified, so James kept them open long enough for Sonja to get a brief idea of the sheer number of requests for judicial extradition there were.

"In addition to our current relationship to Hoenn's government being held together by a mutual dislike of Ford, the number of people in both Team Liberty and Team Rocket who have vocalized their hate of Ford, yet were not on the mission at Two Island is staggering. If we are not careful, being seen working with Ford will outrage every one of these groups to get two, admittedly very capable agents, giving us countless headaches that we can hardly afford at this time, because the sad reality is that politics does not stop happening during a crisis." And I have to deal with it, James silently complained. "That being said, I am not against arguing in favor of such measures, but without something concrete to offer our leadership and Team Rocket's, or some overwhelming support, there is a low chance of success."

Sonja nodded. "I understand, Executive," she said. "Well, if I happen to find something that might help placate the masses, I'll be sure to send it your way." She placed the letter to Ladon in her bag. "Permission to go?"

"That would definitely help," the executive said. "Yes, you are free to leave."

"Thank you."

Sonja exited, pulling the door closed behind her. Ryan was sitting outside, waiting for her. She nodded at him as she checked the message on her Pokétch. With a bemused smile, she glanced at Executive Arthur's door, and then shook her head at Ryan.

"Come on--we should go find everyone else."

IC - Kyle Eston/Ethan Worth - Records, The Alamo:

"Well, it's him or Kyle's father. Our options are pretty limited here."

Kyle pushed open the door just in time to hear the tail-end of Dack's conversation with Luke. He coughed, announcing his presence. "Sorry I'm late." He forwarded a message from his Pokétch to Chloe. "We've got permission, although it might be a good idea to get our information in order first . . ."

Edited by The 8th Sinner

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Chloe chewed on her lip for a moment while mulling over what Dack suggested. She was about to open her mouth to respond when she saw the door open. She smiled as Kyle appeared and heard her Pokegear chime as she received the message. That's one hurdle down. . . but does this mean that we don't need Blue? It's best to go with who we have, considering we don't know if Blue's in the lab or not. If we need more people even with the permission. . . then we can try Blue again.

Chloe appeared to be lost in thought for a moment but snapped out of it as she realized something. "You mentioned you were bringing something that might help? That could help with us getting the info in order..."

The woman thought for a moment as she focused on the instructions. She hadn't thought about the twist of her wrist before - every time she had punched someone had been a simple snap of her fist into the offending person's face. Olivia nodded as she held her fist to her side like was mentioned, assuming a similar pose to the one that Jared had used as an example. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she tensed up slightly.

On Jared's count she shot her fist forward through the air, an agitated look on her face as she spun her fist as much as she could, wordlessly letting the air out. Olivia took a few calming breaths as she opened her eyes after that and glanced around uncertainly. She wondered if anyone had seen that, as she felt her nails digging into her palm. She glanced at her palm as she tried to make the gesture as normal as possible and luckily noticed that she didn't break the skin. When she saw that everyone was still punching, however, she quickly got back into position, and continued to punch the way that was shown.

This time, however, she did not close her eyes.

Ray couldn't tell if Xander's arrival was very well timed, or very poorly timed. On one hand, he might be able to defuse any situations that might occur if the boat and everything past that got brought up. On the other hand, Ray didn't know Jamie very well and it was possible that she might not even want to talk with more than one person around.

"Dunno." Ray said, finally answering Xander's question. "I mean, for all I know, some of them are already here... last I heard, though, Evan was trying to find some help to get info from Ford or something."

IC - Kyle Eston/Ethan Worth - Records, The Alamo:

"Yeah--clear that table."

As Ethan and the others made space on a nearby desk, Kyle reached into his bag. He produced the various drawings that Sonja had made, silhouettes and sketches of shapes and people, and spread them across the table space. The group gathered around, observing them. It was clear by the looks on some of their faces that they were confused--a sentiment that Ethan quickly expressed. "What exactly are we looking at?"

"I'm not entirely sure," Kyle admitted. "Esen, Ryan, and I just had a visit with Sonja. Apparently she's been busy drawing these since we got here. Said something about visions, like a voice, but she doesn't know exactly what it is that she's seeing or drawing." He pointed to two of the images. "I know that these two are Shift and Puzzle, two of the current leaders of the Signs. And this one is apparently the symbol for Gluttony." He pointed to the shape that Ryan had recognized. "I don't know about the rest, but it's probably safe to say that the other Sins are represented here, as well as the other leaders of the Signs. We figured Ford might know."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Despite the information and pictures confusing him, Evan did have something he could contribute. Something that could definitely make things move faster. "Yeah, um, guys?" The Knight began, making sure to get the group's attention. "I met with Hayes, before this meeting was set up, and she had something troubling to say about that...."

He took a deep breath.

"Despite what they both know, Ford and Hayes have been unable to provide the top brass with any sort of information. I think it's due to their status as criminals, but all the same. Hayes made it clear that there is a limited time to get that info to them, before McKinley decides to do something about it. That's got that idea on an uncertain time limit...."

One, two, punch. "Hya!" One, two, punch. "Hya!"

Dahlia gradually got into a rhythm, alternating her punches and emphasizing each with a soft shout. The repetitive motion felt cathartic, and in a much healthier way than her punches in the bathroom. She was glad for Olivia's company, although she was a bit worried about her one-on-one lesson turning into a small class. Regardless, having a teacher who was dividing his attention between three people was better than not having a teacher at all. Pushing her doubts aside, Dahlia continued to rhythmically punch the air.

"Well, you've got at least one other Sin." Dack pointed to another symbol. "That one's Pride." He glanced at the others. "So we're planning to show these to Ford and hope he knows what they all mean? Then try and relay his message back to Liberty leadership?"

IC: Ryan Sanders - Hallway, The Alamo

Ryan nodded. Between Ethan and Evan, he had decided that Evan would be the easiest to find. Not to mention, Evan or some of the others might be able to help track down Ethan and Mewtwo. Pulling out his Pokégear, he typed out a quick message to the Hero of Space letting him know that he and Sonja were on their way, and asking where to meet.

It didn't take long to get a response. "Evan's meeting with some others in the Records Room," he announced. "Odd place for a meeting, but luckily that's not too far from here." He and Sonja walked in relative silence. It wasn't until they were out of the executive wing that Ryan finally voiced the question that had been on the tip of his tongue. "So how'd the meeting go? Sorry for worrying so much over you, but Arthur-"

He stopped himself. Regardless of his feelings towards the executive, he had still taken a vow of confidentiality. Sonja might have gotten out of being labeled a traitor, but he risked the same punishment should he betray James' trust.

"I mean . . . I was afraid you were going to get arrested. I didn't have much of a chance to warn you about it."

IC: Amanda Zarth

As the cluster of Rocket trainers entered the command center, Amanda quietly followed. Interesting. It seems my Plasma credentials are no longer required for entry. She noted the operational detail down in a file on her C-Gear, before waiting patiently near the back of the room, listening for names to put to the volunteers' faces.

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC: James Arthur - Executive Arthur's Office

Well that is another item checked off of the old 'to-do list', James thought as he clicked around on his laptop, closing classified files he had shown Sonja. Compared to dealing with them, charging out to fight this monster was almost refreshing.

Lancelot walked out of the door to the next room. He had been waiting there with the door cracked just slightly open. Had anyone decided to do something stupid, Lancelot would have made them regret that very quickly.

"I am sorry about making you wait there, Lancelot," James said turning towards the Scizor. "But I was confronting a potential traitor in a windowless room without witnesses, and I needed the safeguard just in case."

Lancelot made a shallow hiss with a nod towards his master. James interpreted it as a sigh.

"It is not the most glamorous part of our job, but it is necessary that we do it," James reminded Lance.

The Scizor nodded again, but James could tell that right now Lance would rather be fighting. The longer the power was off, the more pent up the Scizor would get. There was not much James could do for him at the moment, so he continued finishing the project he was working so they could leave. It had been something he had been working with... which was it again, Tatsuro, Tetsuro? (How did two unrelated people look so similar and have names that sounded almost identical). Whichever one it was, he had been working him him here and there ever since he fought Lance in the ruins of Research and Development. Something to give himself an edge if needed.

Considering what this mission was going to entail, they needed whatever edge they could get. It was however, untested. While the chances of danger were minimal, it was best to only give it to anyone else if absolutely necessary. He would need to upload the new firmware into the power suit he was going to use.

"It is about as ready as it going to be," James said sighing before packing up the necessary materials he would need to upgrade the suit.

"Let us go Lancelot, James said as he and Lancelot left the room.

IC: Jamie Arthur - Command Center

"Hello," Jamie said flatly, pointedly looking away from Xander. She was still not exactly happy with Xander considering how their last encounter with each other went.

"I saw Evan on the way here," Jamie said looking towards Ray. "I don't think that he was coming here. At least, it didn't look that way to me."

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

IC: Xander Cruize

So, Jamie was still mad at him. Well, he wouldn't change her mind by getting upset about it. He shrugged off the snub and continued on into the room, his mood just slightly worse than it had been a few seconds ago.

After a solid minute of punching, he stopped. "Alright. So that's the basics for a punch. Fancier techniques can always be learned later. Are you all up to learning kicks, too?"

Lachina nodded. "Yeah. I've seen you spar with Anubis, and I want to be able to pull off those moves, too."

Jared smiled lightly. "Dahlia? Olivia? Kicks are harder to do right than a punch, but they're also stronger. You have a lot more muscle in your legs than in your arms. Most of the practice forms I can teach you involve kicks, as well."

". . ." That was not what Ray expected in the slightest as he stared in disbelief. The orange haired man turned his head from Jamie to Xander in confusion, obviously not having the context for the sheer... coldness between the two. A frown crossed his face, as he glanced back to Jamie.

"So, what was with that?" Ray tried his best to keep his face neutral, but it was more than a little obvious that he wasn't entirely on board with that sort of response to Xander.

"In!" Olivia's eyes lit up as she grinned. "That's my specialty! If ya woulda said having a race or something, I'd beat ya in a flash I bet. So I'm definitely up for learning this!" Her earlier slip-up and suspicion toward Jared both slipped right out of her mind, as she seemed excited about this possibility. She wondered what types of kicking that the man would be teaching, and what would be next after this too.

"That could be an idea, if we can't outright somehow get Ford into any discussions with the leaders... as it stands now, this might be our best, and only, hope." Chloe lost herself in her thoughts once again as she tried to figure out a way that they could get this to work in general. "Like, I wish we could streamline this to get Ford to meet with the leaders himself, but we don't even know what their reasons are - just that he's excluded. Depending on the reason we might not even have a shot at that, short of the original plan of getting everyone we can to challenge it. But if the reason is unmovable... our hands might be tied outside of getting the info ourselves and then relaying it."

The girl took a short breath, as she scrolled through her Pokegear. "We could record our conversation with Ford too - if we get as much info as we can on the situation and from what we have of those drawings, then maybe we can just play back that recording. It'd be even better if we could get that Hayes woman in on this conversation too, but that might be out of our reach, honestly. . . Especially since we had to go this far just to talk to Ford." Chloe sighed again, as she glanced around the table.

"Anyone have any other ideas?"

IC: Jamie - Command Center

"...Do we have to talk about it?" Jamie said her face slightly pale from remembering all the vomiting she did last time she talked with Xander.

"I just... don't want to particularly talk to him. Not right now at least."

IC: Claus - Alamo

Claus stared at the screen in front of him for a few moments longer. He was right near the entrance to the command center. That broken message still bothered him. How did they not fix that the first time? Eventually he just sighed and turned around. It would be nice to know what they were facing at least. Even Richard hadn't told him much. Richard. The man who could talk about anything for an hour straight probably.

Flint was a few feet over, wrestling with Porky for the last poffin that Claus had made. It was kind of cute, in Claus's opinion. He could have split the dough of the poffins he was making for those two in a way to guarantee an even amount, but he decided to pull a slight prank on the two. Knowing that they'd compete for the last one, he guaranteed there would be an odd split.

Maybe a little mean, but it was funny and he needed a laugh.

"Come on guys, we need to get going," he said picking up Porky who swallowed the poffin as he wrested out of Flint's range, a victorious smile on his face.

As he walked into the command center, he grew introspective. This was what he was supposed to do right? Go in and risk himself to help save the world. He felt woefully under-qualified, and yet he felt he had no place if he did not enter that room. So enter the room, he did.

IC: Richard - Alamo

Richard walked down the hallways of the Alamo, with a Sableye on his shoulder. The message rang out all over the Alamo, that they were looking for volunteers for an extremely dangerous mission. He had been very tempted to sit this one out, considering how much of a bust the last one had been for his inspiration... among other things. But there were reasons he had to go. One of which just entered the command center. I mean, if Claus was going, Richard would have to go. He was stupider than Claus was, he couldn't let him go off on his own.

He'd left half of his Pokemon in the care of the band hall director. He had instructions for most of them to continue practicing what instruments he had assigned for them. Among them, Erebus particularly didn't like that, considering where Richard was going. He had taken Dionysus and Oceanus with him. Even without power, they still had ways of helping. And Hades of course. He could take care of himself no matter what. And it was comforting to have Hades with him.

As he was walking close towards the the command center, he found a reflective surface and peered into the reflection. That wasn't a happy face. He smacked his cheeks a few times until he eventually formed a smile. There. Happy face.

Don't force yourself to smile, if you're not in a good mood, the Sableye told him.

Even if Richard knew exactly what the Sableye was saying, he wouldn't agree. Smile, no matter what, he told himself.

"Hold my case for me, would you Hades?" he suddenly asked and the Sableye hopped off Richard's shoulder.

He handed an emptied case to Hades and positioned the violin on his shoulder. Why was he about to play the violin? Because he was Richard the bard; those that knew him would expect it from him and those who didn't, he wanted them to. So as he entered the command center, he began drawing the bow across the violin, causing it to utter its sweet song.

IC - Ethan Worth/Kyle Eston - Records, The Alamo:

"So, I was actually wondering about that," Ethan said. "Are we sure that the issue is a total lack of involvement?"

"What do you mean?" Kyle asked. "Also . . . who are you?"

"Ah--right." Ethan grinned. "Ethan Worth. You're Kyle? Nice to meet you." He threw a short, two-fingered salute in Kyle's direction and then directed his attention back to the group at large. "Anyway, think about it. If you had just apprehended the mastermind behind a world-altering plot, would you throw him into jail without questioning him at all? I doubt your or my leaders would--that's not a very tactically-minded decision. It could be that they only got part of the information that Hayes and Ford think they should have gotten--the pieces most pertinent to the immediate situation." He tapped the pictures with his finger. "But that doesn't mean there isn't other information waiting for them--leads that could point toward a greater solution."

"I guess . . . it's possible," Kyle said, his words slow. Silently, he was starting to piece together the picture Ethan was painting. "Ford did say that this all started with his time in the Signs. As far as I know, Sonja's never even heard of them."

"So then maybe it isn't a coincidence that she's started making these drawings, particularly if she thinks they're coming from a source outside of her own head." Ethan looked around. "The question, then, is whether we take our leads to the higher-ups or pursue them ourselves. As it stands, it sounds like they're either unwilling or unable to work directly with Ford. There's every possibility that this could wind up roadblocked by going through the 'proper' channels."

IC - Sonja Baron - Halls, The Alamo:

"Yeah . . ." Sonja said, taking a moment to consider her response. "There was some missing context is all. I sorted it out." She looked at Ryan. "Did you meet with Jayron?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Something about what Ethan mentioned seemed to jog a memory in Chloe's head, but she couldn't quite grasp what it was just yet. She decided to ignore it for now, and focused on the rest of the conversation with a nod.

"That's a very good point. We have to plan our strategy out well enough that we can actually get the info to those who need it, without getting caught in red tape. If we need to, we can still try to get the info to them while also investigating it ourselves by splitting into groups. . . but we'd need to be certain that it wouldn't just hinder the investigation." The psychic girl sighed, as she bit her lip. "No matter which way you look at it, it's sorta a conundrum. Us doing our own investigation from start to finish seems like it'd be the safest bet, and it might be the best option at this point, but what happens if we discover info on how to fight these things? Would we pass it out ourselves, or go to the leaders then?"

"That's... fair." Ray nodded, as he sighed. He wasn't one to criticize that. After all, he was doing the same thing, was he not? "I just. . . I didn't expect you to just brush someone off like that. I know we didn't really talk much before, and that was when I was resigned to everything, but... you just didn't strike me like that." The man scratched his head for a moment and decided that he might as well try for a fresh start.

"My name's Ray, by the way." The Separatist held his hand out to Jamie with a small smile, as he wondered if she held any similarly bad feelings for him.

Evan pondered what options the psychic girl had laid out, trying to imagine the possibilities. Then there was the add-on on to the "rogue" intel gathering. Would they pass along the information or give it to the leadership? The Plasma Agent then thought back to his conversation with Hayes. The urgency of the matter was real, but that didn't make the approach crystal clear. But....

"I think the important thing, is that we get that information, by fair means or foul." The Hero stated. "When I spoke with Hayes, she didn't really give an alternate option, if the leaders probably won't listen." Evan gave a bit of a smile at what he was about to say.

"Then we spread the information ourselves. As long as word gets out, our mission is a success. As long as we ensure more than just Ford and Hayes know, we'll be better off."

"Nice to meet you," she beamed back at Ray, clasping his hand with hers. "I'm Jamie, Heroine of Time!"

Her mood fell back down to more restrained levels as she remember what Ray said just before that,

"I just... need some more time. Not right now when we're about to go fight. I'd rather focus on that for now, if that's alright."

"Nice to meet you," she beamed back at Ray, clasping his hand with hers. "I'm Jamie, Heroine of Time!"

IC: Amanda Zarth

At the woman's words, the world slowed to a crawl. As if Jamie were the only other person in the room, Amanda found her attention zeroed in on the Heroine of Time. Her eyes shimmered as she stared intently at the young woman. The annoying sensation from before, the ticking instinct, was back once again...

With supreme effort, the Plasma functionary wrenched her attention to the present, at least partially. With hesitation, she opened a new file on her C-Gear. A personal file. One of just two she'd started that day. One of a mere handful she'd ever started.

I hope this does not mark the beginning of a trend.

Pushing her distraction to the back of her mind, Amanda began one of the tasks she did best: taking notes. One way or another I will see this anomaly solved...

I swear it.

IC: Octavyn Nowarei
As Command filled to near-capacity, Octavyn busied herself with her duties. In truth, she did not like these briefings; they filled the room with tension and unease, emotions not easily shaken in the return to normalcy. In light of the current crisis, such feelings might never be shaken. Best to distract oneself, to keep the mind too occupied for such thoughts.

Of course, there was the other reason to distract herself. Xander... Bullheaded as always, it seemed even Isa couldn't get through to him.  You always were the only one who could...

Octavyn was at war with herself. He is injured!  It's too soon! clashed with He's good enough to handle it. Better officially, with a team at his back, than alone with no friends at his side. Octavyn chided herself for forgetting her friend's Pokémon, though at present even they would not be of much aid. Perhaps it was unfair to make that assumption of a team she had largely never met, but she could not imagine little one-armed Sylph winning a simple fistfight, let alone battling those . . . things.

She shuddered despite herself. Someone in her position tended to learn many things in the course of duty, many of them classified for various reasons. Some things that ought to be classified, however, were not, and privately she counted the creatures on Two Island among them. No one should have to know of those things, let alone face them. And yet Xander volunteered to go after them . . . Pride and concern warred over her friend, but the technician pushed the thoughts out of her head. For a moment, she considered swearing herself to silence, but she did not.

It was not, after all, a promise she knew she could keep.
Edited by Mipha's Grace

Dahlia laughed at her sister's enthusiasm. "Well you can count me in, too. After all, I can't let Olivia show me up." Her earlier doubts had faded away. She was no longer the Heroine of Reverse struggling to learn control; she was simply a young girl enjoying the time spent with her sister and her new friends.

IC: Dack Majors/Luke - Records Room, Four Island

"I vote doing we do this ourselves," Luke said, with a glance over at Ethan. His Machoke nodded in agreement. "Dack and I are kind of the experts of taking things into our own hands. Did I ever tell you how we helped save Sinnoh from the Ancient Darkrai?"

"I don't know." Dack's eyes remained fixated on Pride's mark. "Hannah Wright took things into her own hands, and look how well that ended for her. As easy as it would be to go about things on our own, you can't deny the benefit of having the support of both Rocket and Liberty. I think we should at least try to keep the leaders in the loop."

IC: Ryan Sanders - Hallway, The Alamo

Ryan slipped his hands into his pockets and stared at the floor in front of him. It was a long moment before he answered. "Jayron wanted me to bring Ford's Mewtwo," he said slowly. He looked over at Sonja. "I can't do that. There's enough red tape as it is trying to talk to Ford or your sister, and Mewtwo was actually in that dimension fighting those things. He's probably our biggest asset, even if we have no way of communicating with him right now. I know it's insubordinate, but I think we need Mewtwo on our side, not cooped up in a prison like Ford."

IC: Madison Morrow/Luke - Command Center, The Alamo

People were now flocking to the command center by the dozens. Madison though she saw a face she recognized, but quickly lost it among the bustling activity. The sweet hum of a violin pierced the din of casual conversations, drawing the skier's attention.

"Oh, what a lovely song." Shannon smiled as she rested her head lightly against Ryan's shoulder.

"This is a command center, not a concert hall," Madison muttered. "Maybe there's been some delay, and he got sent here to keep us entertained until the briefing starts?"

IC: Jayron Aaron - Executive Offices, The Alamo

I don't need my powers to know something was off with Sanders. Jayron's Lucario gave his trainer a pointed look as he pushed off from the wall and walked over to the desk.

"I agree." Jayron paused from organizing his notes and ran through the meeting again in his mind. "He seemed reluctant to share anything; I practically had to pry the information out of him. It could just be stress. I know I'd sleep better at night if I could just ignore anything to do with the egg, so I wouldn't put it past Sanders to have just handed off Adams' Pokémon -- a brutal reminder of how deadly those things are -- to the first person who seemed remotely interested in taking them. He probably just wanted them off his chest."

Hopefully you're right. Lucario hid the worry from his face, but could not conceal it from his aura. At this point we'll just have to hope Sanders delivers.

The executive nodded. "In the meantime, the briefing in Command will be starting soon. Who wants to come with me?"

Scythe, Servine, and Leafy stepped forward while Midnight landed on top of Jayron's fedora. Lucario simply raised an eyebrow. Do you even have to ask?

Jayron returned the volunteers to their Pokéballs, sans Lucario, and turned to the remaining trio of Aqua, Metagross, and Flygon. "Watch over the place while I'm out." He smiled to conceal his anxiety, for he couldn't help but feel woefully unprepared for a second encounter with those things. He could only hope that the rest of Liberty leadership had come up with a feasible plan.

Edited by Konuju