Jump to content
Parugi

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Recommended Posts

IC: Ruth Fishers

 

As she burst into the clearing that the house stood in, Ruth slowed to a walk. Up close, the house was eerie to look at. She reached for Caliburn's Pokéball and released the Aegislash. "Keep a lookout, alright Caliburn?"

 

She turned to look back towards her traveling companions. "Come on, guys, hurry up!"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jamie - Alamo Command Center

 

Jamie scanned the technicians in the room. Most were now focused on Goldhawk, though a few seemed occupied with other things. But 'ghostly' wouldn't have been the word she'd use to describe any of them. At least, she hadn't seen anything to suggest that they were.

 

"What do you mean, you saw someone that can't exist?" Jamie asked confused. 'If Ray thought he saw them, then how could they not be able to exist?' was her line of thought.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron/Ethan Worth - Records, The Alamo:

 

"The question is, who would do what?" 

 

"Well," Kyle said. As he spoke, he took a piece of paper and a pen, writing down his information and then passing it off to his right for the others to fill out and copy down. "I'm obviously going to have to go to the Daycare. If Ethan has Mewtwo and Sonja has a pass to speak with Hayes, then they're going to need to go to Hayes. And Chloe has the approval to go see Ford. If Ryan's the only other Liberty Agent here, then it might be a good idea for him to try and sort out transportation, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't also tag along with another group. Meaning that you, him, and these guys--" He motioned to Dack and Luke. "--could pretty much join up with whoever you want."

 

"I'd suggest more people talk with Ford, personally," Sonja said. "More brains mean more angles to approach him with questions. He might not think to mention something unless he's specifically asked about it. Same with Hayes, but we're looking more for Mewtwo's input than hers, from the sounds of it."

 

 

IC - Goldhawk/Sleight/Esen Windred/Jackson Sang/Skye Hall - Command Center, The Alamo:

 

Esen glanced to her side. A burgundy-haired man had come to stand next to her and Skye. She recognized him from the Egg. He seemed to reciprocate, as he gave her a small nod in greeting, though he soon aimed a frown at the joint Liberty-Rocket leadership at the head of the room.

 

 

A rumble of uncertainty swept through the room. Several Agents spoke up with questions. Goldhawk glanced back at Sleight and the others, and then raised his hands, signaling for the crowd to quiet down. When they had, he lowered his hands again. "One question at a time, please." He pointed to Madison. "Please repeat your question."

 

"When would we be leaving for this mission? And . . . would it be possible for someone who couldn't make it to this meeting to join?"

 

"10 AM tomorrow," Goldhawk replied. "Suit assignments and a brief training session will occur tonight, as well as a final calibration check in the morning. If you know of someone who wants to volunteer, then they need to report to a superior officer as soon as possible." He pointed to Ryan. "You?"

 

 

"I doubt anyone else will want to join, once word gets out about what we're doing," Skye said.

 

Esen nodded. "Maybe . . ."

 

"I guess people do unexpected things," Skye said. She paused. "I wouldn't be able to join if . . ." The sentence trailed off. "Never mind." Skye fell quiet.

 

 

"How do we get picked for these 'Power Suits', especially those without any combat data?"

 

"I will let Executive Arthur answer that in just a moment," Goldhawk said. He nodded to Amanda.

 

"I must inquire as to the original purpose of this technology, General. It seems unusual for such a tactical asset to simply appear in the midst of a crisis, precisely when most needed. It is . . . I believe the expression is 'too good to be true'."

 

 

"Really, lady?" Sang muttered. "No powers and that's what you're concerned about?"

 

"It's a valid question," Esen replied, slightly exasperated. "People have a right to know whether their leaders' experiments are meant to be ethical or not." Not to name anyone in particular . . . Ace.

 

Sang shrugged. "I don't disagree," he admitted. "But that feels like the least of our concerns at the moment."

 

 

Goldhawk crossed his arms, turning to James. "Another question for the Executive," he replied. "Arthur, why don't you take it from here? Perhaps you can speak more to the abilities of the suits themselves, as well."


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James Arthur - Alamo Command Center

 

The executive nodded before standing up from his seat and walked towards the front of the room. As the executive who was given official control over the project, as well as the one who suggested this mission to begin with, he had items prepared for the high probability that he was going to be asked to speak. 

 

"To decide who will be using which Power Suit, will be collecting information on every trainer's Pokemon team to determine their Type Affinity Potential or T.A.P. for short. The equation is a little complicated, but generally the more Pokemon of a type and the more moves they have of that type, the higher your T.A.P. for that type will be. It should be noted that the Electric and Normal Type Power Suits have already been assigned to Goldhawk and myself respectively."

 

Clicking a device in his hand, the executive brought up the Normal Type Suits specs onto a screen on the center of the stage. The technicians around the room began handing out packets that contained the specs on all eighteen suits.

 

"Information on the technical capabilities of each power suit will be handed out to all of you. Each Power Suit has its own set of capabilities, but each one is generally capable of replicating almost every move of its respective type. Requests for certain Power Suits that are filled out along with reasons for such requests will also be taken into consideration."

 

And then there was the other question. James paused for a moment as he looked towards the woman who asked it. They couldn't afford fracturing right now, and well. James spared one glance towards the other reason he wasn't going to give the entire truth on the subject. Not that he was going to lie, either.

 

"The project began before the ceasefire while the war was still ongoing. Research on the subject was officially suspended by Goldhawk due to ethical concerns as well as the cease fire. Doctor Meghan Vert's unsanctioned continued work on the project," James mentioned, casually leaving out his own unsanctioned work on the project, "lead to the loss of her rank and her incarceration. However, during a consultation with her in light of Missing Zero's appearance, she proposed an alternative that allowed us to bypass ethical concerns and finish the development of these Power Suits."

 

And if you think that her suddenly pulling that out of her rectum is Tauros droppings, then you are not alone. I would have appreciated that knowledge -before- getting so much blood on my hands, silently seethed, his face betraying nothing.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Alamo Training Field, Four Island

The gardener finished picking up the cans, placing a number of them in her backpack for use in future training but throwing most of them away in one of the garbage cans that dotted the outskirts of the arena. The resealed can she had practiced on she kept in her hands.

 

"Sure thing," she said. "To both the regular training and the walk." As the two headed out of the training field, Dahlia glanced over at the aura wielder. The thought struck her that although she had just made him her tutor, she hardly knew anything about him. She would have to remedy that. "So, how did you get involved in the thing on Two Island?" she asked. "Were you also trying to rescue someone McKinley had recruited?"

 

IC: Shannon Willows/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron/Theodore Willows/Ava Willows - Command Center, The Alamo

"Tomorrow morning? That doesn't give us much time," Madison muttered as she started to type out a message on her Pokétch. The mission details left her uncertain as to what she should do. On one hand, this was the perfect opportunity for someone like her to help make a difference. She didn't have much experience in Pokémon battles, but with these power suits almost everyone would have the same learning curve. On the other hand, while safety was a priority, it seemed very clear that gathering intel came before getting everyone home in one piece. She had held her own well enough in Celadon, but this was something else entirely.

 

When Ryan asked his question, Shannon tried to make herself as small as possible. The last thing she needed was to draw undue attention toward themselves. When Executive Arthur gave his answer, Shannon tugged on Ryan's arm. "You're not seriously thinking of going, are you?" she asked in a near-silent whisper. "Something feels sketchy about these suits. Unsanctioned work? Ethical concerns? Don't throw yourself into this."

 

Jayron leaned back in his chair, resting his chin on his hand. Something tells me it's going to be a long night, he mused. I just hope Goldhawk was right to trust Vert with this.

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dack Majors/Luke - Records Room, The Alamo

Sonja's suggestion took Ryan by surprise. Up until now he had assumed that he'd join Sonja and Mewtwo in visiting Hayes. He now realized that Sonja probably had it covered. Mewtwo was the one with direct experience, but it was Ford who knew the history behind these things, the power of those cards, and the details of the Signs. "I'll go with Chloe," he decided. "I guess I'll get the transport afterwards."

 

"I'll do the same," Dack said. "A Rocket perspective might help when asking questions."

 

"I'm with Dack, then," Luke said. "Although at this rate it sounds like we're sending a small army to Ford."

 

At that moment Dack's Pokétch buzzed with a message. The sound made Ryan cringe as he instinctively checked his own Pokégear. Dack quickly scanned the message, a frown growing on his face. "Actually, I need to talk to Madison." He looked over at Luke. "You go see Ford in my stead."

 

The blackbelt raised an eyebrow. "What's this all about?"
 

"I'm not sure," Dack responded with a worried look at his Pokétch. "But I've got a bad feeling she's going to do something stupid if I don't stop her. In the meantime, the rest of you need to get to Ford and Hayes pronto. That big alert they sent out to everyone? They're deploying people tomorrow morning to fight that thing."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters - Alamo, Four Island

 

Jared shook his head. "I don't even know who McKinley is. I didn't know who this Ford guy was until I got there." He paused, trying to think of the best way to explain. "It's . . . pretty complicated, to be honest, but I was following a list that one of my superiors gave me.  Two Island was the only place I got to in time to try and help."

 

He shrugged. "What about you? Were you after this McKinley guy?"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

Dahlia nodded, choosing to keep quiet for a moment as she gathered her thoughts. "My siblings and I met a nice girl in Sootopolis. She couldn't have been older than about ten, but she still helped us out when a big fight broke out involving Groudon -- or a Groudon impersonator. When we later ran into some friends of friends in Lilycove, we heard that little girl had been taken by McKinley." She looked over to Jared. "I didn't have to think twice about joining the group that had set out to rescue her. McKinley's treachery became even more apparent when he attacked our boat and stole one of our group. So yeah, we wanted to get our friends back, but we were also after McKinley. And Ford too, although I guess we were wrong about him."

 

The silence was only given a brief moment to settle before Dahlia spoke up again. "So who's your superior? Rocket? Liberty?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters - Alamo Hallway, Four Island

 

He considered what she'd said for a moment. If he'd been on time to Sootopolis, maybe he would have ended up battling alongside her. Not that he would have been much help against Groudon, but it was an interesting thought.

 

There was a brief pause while he weighed whether or not he should tell her about his history.

 

It's not like she'll know of them.

She might. They did operate outside of Sinnoh.

Briefly, but it's not like we ever fought Liberty Agents.

Except that we did fight rebels here in Kanto.

 

There was no response to that, and Jared took that as a small victory. Still, he decided that it would be best if he were upfront about it.

 

"It was a mercenary organization called the Black Company. When I joined up, they were under an indefinite contract with Team Rocket, but the Company doesn't exist anymore." In every sense of the word, he added silently. The explosion in Lavaridge was something he'd only remembered recently, but he was sure that nobody could have survived without the teleport he'd gotten from Croaker's Xatu.

Edited by Mipha's Grace

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

Dahlia had to admit she had never heard of the no-longer-existing company. Although she was curious about what happened to it, that wasn't the first question that came to mind. "So what are your plans now? I mean, it sounds like we're both staying at the Alamo for the time being, but after this all blows over, what will you do?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jared Winters - Alamo, Four Island

 

What would he do? When he'd been part of the Company, he'd always waited for orders to come, and then after that he'd only ever had one goal in mind.

 

"I'm honestly not sure. I spent a long time chasing that list, and now I don't know what else I can do with myself." He shrugged softly. "I don't have anywhere to go, really. I'll probably just end up waiting for the next call to action."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

She offered him a reassuring smile. "Well, I think you may have found your call in teaching. Maybe you could start a class or something? A martial arts dojo?" Her smile faded as she glanced around and realized they were in an unfamiliar hallway of the Alamo. "Um . . . speaking of not knowing where to go, I wasn't really paying attention to where we were walking." Dahlia rubbed the back of her head. "I guess I never really decided if I wanted to head back to my room, try and catch Olivia in the food court, or visit Aspen in the medical wing. And I was so busy talking to you, I didn't end up in any of those places."

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Amanda Zarth

 

Apparently satisfied, Amanda tapped a significant volume of information into her C-Gear. "Thank you, Executive..." ...Arthur. There was that name again. She glanced around for the Heroine of Time, but the woman wasn't immediately within sight. "Perhaps, if there is a moment before the mission, we may converse further, but for the most part my initial concerns have been sufficiently addressed." She clutched her pendant a moment, then reverted to a pose of polite rest, awaiting the group's dismissal so she could either speak to the Executive privately or else return her superiors to inform them of the situation.



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ray==-

 

"I don't know." Ray admitted, as he bit his lip. "I thought I saw someone who died a few years ago, but..." The man faltered, as he seemed uncertain. Was it just his hopes? If so, then why now? He wondered for a moment if he was just seeing what he wanted to see to give him hope for the mission. . . Suddenly, he saw someone moving off to the side, a communicator in hand. Ray's eyes widened for a moment.

"There. Do you see her?"

 

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

"I am." Ryan said with a grim look on his face. "Something feels odd too, but I also feel almost like there's something about these things that. . ." He trailed off as he seemed to be lost in thought. Was it just the designs that was triggering this odd sense of deja vu? Or the part about the fact that it sounded to run on Pokemon's power? Nonetheless, there was no backing down now.

 

"It's the only chance we have right now. I'm going. I have to."

 

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

"Tomorrow morning...?" The psychic was caught off guard by how soon it was, but silently realized that it made a lot of sense. With how urgent the messages were, it only followed that there would not be much time to work. "That gives more time than I was expecting... but we do need to move quicker than I was hoping..." Chloe looked over at Sonja after that and bit her cheek. While she wanted to settle things like she had with the others, she wondered if this was any time to do that. She turned her head away, and glanced down at the table. It's too crowded here anyway. . .

 

"Um, I think we should leave now, then." Chloe looked up and glanced around at the group that would be joining her. It was a little intimidating, and reminded her of the last time-

No. She stopped herself suddenly as she knew that train of thought could not go anywhere good. The psychic girl glanced over at Sonja after a brief pause. "Do you have a moment before we go, though?"

 

-==IC: Olivia==-

 

"I guess. . ." Olivia had to admit, that probably was a lot of the issues with this whole situation, and how out of things she felt. "Once we finish, we should go check things out; whatcha think?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winter - Alamo, Four Island

 

A dojo? His eyebrows shot up at the thought. He had enjoyed teaching Dahlia, Lachina, and Olivia. "Maybe you're on to something." He paused and looked around. "Oh, uh . . . I'm not sure where we're at either." This place really needed maps on the walls, as labyrinthine as the corridors seemed to be.

 

Perhaps they did that intentionally. It is a military base, after all.

 

Voice in his head being unhelpful, he brushed it off. "I guess now's as good a time as any to decide where you're going, then."

 

IC: Lachina Adaon - Alamo Cafeteria, Four Island

 

"Heck yeah. I haven't been around her much, and I bet it beats wasting time stuck in my room." She flashed a grin and stepped up to order lunch.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Yugo Doseki==-

 

"What is this place...?" Yugo mumbled out loud as he suddenly appeared to be back outside behind Ruth. Uncertain, he sent out Spitfire and Airazor just in case. "Keep watch guys, I don't like this at all." The teen walked forward, eyes scanning across the surroundings in case the group was ambushed by something - maybe more of those cultists? They hadn't encountered anyone for a while, but he was still troubled by them. . .

 

-==IC: Olivia Seaton==-

 

After lunch ended, the redhead led the younger girl around the Alamo. "Jus' gonna warn ya, I have not a single clue where we're goin'. I hope that's alright with ya." Olivia knew her way around better than Lachina did because of having been there longer, but that didn't make her an expert either. She knew the basics, but especially not where they needed to go right now. Where would they even find out info. . .? Her hand moved toward her PokeGear for a moment, but she thought better of bugging Chloe with this for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

 

"Tomorrow morning, huh?" Evan queried. "Not exactly a lot of time to get what we need." He sighed, considering what he was going to do, before looking at the group that was to meet Ford. "There's a lot I've wanting to hear from Ford, most of all about these creatures..." The Hero spoke. "Palkia supposedly able to travel to parallel world's, and yet it never warned me. I have to know why."

 

The young man began to walk out of the room, noting it seemed a bit crowded, and turned. "Wait for you outside, folks." He said, giving a salute.

Edited by Dr. Hidaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Shannon Willows - Command Center, The Alamo

"No, you don't have to," Shannon retorted. Her eyes darted between the leadership at the front of the room, her parents in the crowd, and Ryan standing before her. Tears started to well up in her eyes. "I'm begging you, don't go. We just found each other, you can't leave again so soon. Isn't there anything I can do to convince you to stay?"

 

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

She thought for a moment. "Unless you're terribly hungry, I think I may just head back to my room," she said. "As much as I'd love to tell Olivia and Lachina all about what they missed, I feel like I could use a nap after that workout."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters - Alamo, Four Island

 

"Alright, that sounds like a plan. Do you still want me to walk with you?" he offered with a smile. "Or if you want me to get lost until tomorrow, you can just say so."

 

IC: Lachina Adaon - Alamo, Four Island

 

"Hey, no worries. I'm looking at it as an adventure!" She grinned widely, throwing up a peace sign. "Where should we start looking?"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lafoyae

 

The assassin paid close attention to what Goldhawk and James had said. Despite the neutral expression on her face, she felt a burning feeling grow within her. It wasn't that she was suspicious of what the Executive said. Rather, she somehow felt......enthusiastic about using a suit. Despite her line of work, Lafoyae took care not to show emotions, lest they interfere with her work.

 

This time, she couldn't help but feel vengeful. She would focus on the mission first, but if she got to pay back these creatures, for all they had done to her, those on the train, and Pryce, that was an excellent bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jamie Arthur - Command Center

 

Jamie was able to follow Ray much closer this time. He was clearly pointing towards a technician that was walking towards a corner of the room. She looked older than Jamie (though even most who looked younger were older).

 

"Brown hair, shoulder length?" Jamie asked. "Who is she?"

 

 

IC: James Arthur - Command Center

 

The executive nodded. "I can spare some time after the meeting if you wish to speak," he replied to Amanda.

 

James looked around the room, waiting to see if anyone else would ask a question. Hearing none, he continued to speak.

 

"If there are no further questions, then this meeting is adjourned. Please submit information on your respective Pokemon teams and read the details on each suit. Suit assignments will be completed within an hour after you all submit your info, so if there are any special requests, please make them quickly."


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Adam Zynthic (Eterna Forest, July 2017)

Adam Zynthic was sleeping. Was being the key word. Adam Zynthic was also in a bad mood. Was was not a key word there.

 

Camouflaged beneath a blanket of fallen leaves and the berry bush on Wiggy's back, the ex-Ranger drew upon his training of maintaining a silent stillness, even as a group of noisy children approached his napping spot outside the Old Chateau. Go away, go away, go away...

 

Wiggy, while perfectly happy to stay still, was not so much interested in the "silent" part. Without rising from his position as Adam's impovised pillow, the Grotle let forth a low, echoing growl of warning, before closing his eyes to blend into the undergrowth once more.

Edited by Flipz


 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron/Ethan Worth - Records, The Alamo:

 

Chloe's question didn't seem to surprise Sonja. If anything, she looked as if she had expected it. "Sure."

 

"Alright," Kyle said. "You two should try to make it quick, if you can. In the meantime, I should probably get going--there's no telling how long this will take." He clicked on his Pokétch, checking the time. "Let's try to meet back up tonight--let's say three hours from now?"

 

"Hopefully it won't take that long," Ethan said. He nodded to Chloe and Sonja. "We'll wait in the hall for you two."

 

Sonja waited until the others had all left the room before beginning to gather up the pictures on the table. After a moment, she looked up at Chloe. "So, what's up?"

 

 

IC - Goldhawk/Sleight/Esen Windred/Skye Hall/Jackson Sang - Command Center, The Alamo:

 

Just like that, the meeting was over. Esen watched as Goldhawk eyed Executive Arthur for several moments, before turning and approaching the group of leaders behind him. From the looks on their faces and the building intensity of the conversation between them, it appeared that they either disagreed with something that had been said, or else had not been informed of something. Perhaps it was Goldhawk's decision to include himself amongst the ranks of those going off to gather data? In any case, it was not long before he held his hands up, ushering them to a more private space in which they could hold their argument.

 

All but Sleight. The leader of Team Rocket watched them go and, after reading something on his Poké Gear, walked instead down the steps. Soon enough, he had exited the Command Center in a hurry, as if urgent to meet with someone. Esen frowned, recalling that his family had been involved in Ford's ritual. Perhaps something had happened.

 

"'Rudimentary AI system . . .' Interesting . . ." Skye's muttering caught Esen's attention. She had begun flipping through each of the Power Suit's profiles on the thick data pad that the technicians had provided her. Sang, too, was reading a file on his. Feeling Esen's eyes on her, Skye looked up, face flushing with embarrassment. "Sorry--I was thinking out loud."

 

"No, it's okay," Esen said. "What were you reading just now?"

 

"Oh--the Dragon-Type Suit, the T-03," Skye said, excitement and nerves causing her voice to shake. Technology was one of her stronger topics of conversation, it seemed. "It's in the files that we got--apparently the Dragon-Type Suit is 'equipped with a rudimentary AI system that, by activating its "Rush" Mode, is capable of taking control of the movements and processes of T-03, greatly increasing its speed and attack power for a limited time.' So essentially you're putting yourself in the hands of an AI in order to gain an edge in battle, which is really interesting for a number of reasons, like how they've managed to develop an AI for this kind of thing when even the most advanced household AI haven't even hit the public market yet." She continued scrolling through the file. "Looks like the information available on its make is pretty limited. Makes sense--I wouldn't let that schematic leak into just anyone's hands, either, even if they are trusting the suits themselves to pretty much anyone willing to help."

 

"You're not going to request that suit, are you?"

 

Skye laughed. "Oh, gosh, no," she said. "AI leading me or not, I'm not built for that--I think it'd break my bones before it did any damage to those things. No, I think they'll want to put me into more of a support role. Maybe the T-10 or the T-05--Grass or Fairy. Grass has healing units, Fairy has diversion mechanisms, both have a lot of support moves. Speaking of . . ."

 

She pressed a button that simply read, 'Scan.' A panel on the side of the pad opened, revealing six slots--just big enough for stored Poké Balls to fit into. Skye took a moment to examine the openings before uttering a quiet, 'Ah.' She took her Poké Balls off of her belt and inserted them into the openings, where magnetic locks held them in place. The pad lit up with a loading symbol as the device scanned her team. Moments later, a data summary appeared on screen. The letters 'T.A.P.' were stamped across the top, and underneath in smaller lettering read the term 'Type Affinity Potential.' A list popped up underneath this, listing the top five suits according to the results from Skye's team.

 

"Looks like Bug is my top suit, with Poison a close second," she said, sounding slightly disappointed at the results. Her expression brightened as she read the files on those suits. "Actually, that isn't that bad--the Bug-Type Suit powers up other suits, and the Poison-Type Suit has a top rating for support abilities. Awesome. Sending!" She turned to Esen, beaming. "That means I can make you stronger just by sticking close by."

 

"That might be a little difficult," Esen said. She had loaded her team into the data pad and begun reviewing her results, which she showed Skye. "Top selection for me is the Flying-Type Suit, which is meant for aerial combat--no surprise. That might make it a little difficult to stick together, unless the Bug-Type has a remote link of some kind." She placed a hand on Skye's shoulder as the Rocket Agent's face paled. "Don't worry, though--I'll keep an eye on you in any case. And he will, too." She nodded at Sang, who merely glanced at her before returning his attention to his own pad. "What's your score?"

 

Sang smirked. "Psychic," he said. "But that doesn't really sound like me, so I'm going to ask for the next runner-up. Fighting's more my color." He ejected his Pokémon and returned them to his belt. "In any case, we're not letting anyone die on this mission, so don't worry about that. Last one off of Three Island will be me." He sent in his results and accompanying request, closed the compartment on the data pad, and turned. "See you in a few hours."


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

Lafoyae had read up on the suits' specs, each one looking promising, but not her style, until she looked at Model T-06: Fighting. It not only had fighting type moves at it's disposal, but the ability to use Ice, Fire and Thunder Punch, as well as Blaze Kick. Though those were more limited. Given how the assassin preferred to operate, she assumed that suit would befit her very much so. She inserted her poke balls, after activating the test function on the pad. The main result she received....

Was Fighting.

Lafoyae had replaced her poke balls on her belt, and pondered this. She had heard how Sang wished to have that suit. Normally she would defer to her superior to use it, but something was different. It was the vengeful feeling she had felt rising within her. "Agent Sang, I apologize, but I would appreciate that suit." the assassin leveled her thoughts at her fellow Rocket Agent, their tone much more agreeable, despite the message they carried. "Any idea how we could resolve this?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Half-jam with Minun due to post advancement reasons.

 

-==IC: Ray Hakuda/Jamie Arthur==-

 

"I recognized her face. I think it's my apparently dead mom. It's possible that she isn't her, but. . . I need to find out." Even as he was being handed one of the tablets for scanning, Ray focused on the technician instead. He knew this was borderline creepy, and knew that it was a very likely chance that this woman was just a look-a-like, but. . . "I'm gonna go talk to her." Even with his mind made up, the Separatist hesitated. No matter the outcome, there would still be a lot bigger answers.

 

"I..." Jamie wasn't quite what normal was, but she was pretty sure this wasn't it. But at the same time, it wouldn't do to leave such a question unanswered either. She needed to enter in her data, and James was currently looking towards her, but... "Alright. I'll follow of you if you need me," she said. There wasn't much she could actually do to affect the outcome but she was willing to be their for moral support.

 

Ray nodded in response as he started to move toward the technician in question. As he approached, he noticed that the device in her hand was an Xtransceiver, and looked almost... foreign made. Ray reached up and tapped the woman's shoulder, a pit in his stomach due to anticipation as the woman turned toward him. A glimmer of recognition seemed to flash across the face, before going back to a neutral look.

 

"May I help you. . .?" The technician glanced at the two present, a slight look of confusion on her face as she slightly raised an eyebrow. Ray could tell that the look was warranted, considering how the two had just up and walked over to this woman. He pushed it out of his mind and simply focused on what mattered for the moment.

 

"Yeah. I was just curious who you are?" Ray studied the woman's face as he waited, but for every sign he saw just as many doubts appeared in his mind. The edge of the woman's mouth curled into a small smile, as she returned his gaze with an almost knowing look.

 

"White. Mimi White, level 2 technician on duty for Team Liberty." Ray's eyes widened at the response.

 

No. . . That name, he recognized it. No; specifically the first name. Memories of a time long past flew into his mind - a time when things were much simpler to him. He remembered the stuffed animal he used to carry around before he could have an actual Pokemon. Mimi. The technician seemed almost amused at the man's shock.

 

"Why do you ask. . . Agent Ray Hakuda?"

 

"Hold up, hold up," Jamie interceded before Ray could respond. "How do you know his name?" Jamie questioned with a quizzical look on her face.

 

Mimi glanced between the stunned man and the hero of time as she seemed almost to mull things over in her head. "Because I have met him before, you could say." The woman let out a soft laugh. "I'm afraid here isn't a good place to explain further, but if we could head out of this stuffy room, I think that I could tell more about how I know Ray."

 

-==IC: Chloe Hikari==-

 

That wasn't entirely how Chloe had pictured things going, but after she thought about it for a moment, she wasn't quite sure what else she was expecting. No matter, she still felt suddenly nervous again.

 

"Um. . . Well, there's honestly a few things." This was it. "Well, first of all, I'm Chloe. I decided to stop hiding myself a few weeks ago, but only just recently got to actually tell people." The psychic girl let out a slightly nervous laugh, as the biggest thing was still yet to come. She fell silent for a good few moments, as she struggled to get an idea of how to approach the next subject.

 

"I. . . I'm sorry, for everything. For ditching everyone in Unova, for letting that monster and Kyurem take over my mind, for not helping against the Darkrai... I'm sorry for everything. I've come a long way since then, and I want to say that I'd never let anything like that happen again. I've been trying my best to make up for what happened, and I know there's not really anything I can say to actually help things there, but I want to at least try." Chloe's gaze slowly turned down to the floor as she ran through imaginary situations in her mind. "I know that you're one of the ones in our group who was affected most by what happened. So. . . that's why I wanted to apologize. If you want to say anything, then feel free."

 

OOC: Other ICs tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Halllway, The Alamo

"In case you haven't noticed, we've already gotten lost." Dahlia shot Jared a teasing smile as she turned around and started walking back the way they came. "But come along, I could use the company. Plus maybe you can help us get un-lost."

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dack Majors/Luke - Outside Records Room, The Alamo

"Are you sure you don't want me to help talk some sense into Madison?" The group stood just outside the Records Room. Most of them were waiting on Sonja and Chloe, but Dack would have walked off had Luke not stopped him.

 

The Rocket agent shook his head. "We need you to question Ford. Madison wanted to speak with me . . . I'm afraid I'm the only one who can talk her out of this."

 

Luke gave a melancholic sigh as he watched Dack go. "You know, I'm happy for him and Maddie. I really am. But boy, they sure know how to make things complicated." He cast a sidelong glance at Ryan, who had watched the exchange in silence. "Don't let 'em fool you, kid. Women tend to be much more trouble than they're worth."

 

Ryan formed a wry smile. "Believe me, you're preaching to the choir." He looked over at Evan. "Speaking of which, how's Jenny been? I would've thought she'd be at the meeting with you."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jamie Arthur - Alamo Command Center

 

"Hmm, alright," Jamie said a little suspicious. It didn't particularly feel warm in the room. At least, it hadn't gotten any warmer since the meeting started. She didn't know why this Mimi White didn't want to talk here, but she moved to follow her when someone spoke up.

 

"Pardon me," Jamie heard from behind her. Turning around she saw James standing there, looking towards the three of them. "I need to borrow Jamie for a few moments, if that is alright. This will not take long.

 

"Sorry, could you wait for me?" Jamie said Ray and Mimi before following James a little ways over.

 

The atmosphere between the two was stuffy and awkward. James tried to speak once before closing his mouth. A moment passed before James sighed and began to speak.

 

"I would say that I do not want you going on this mission, but I do not exactly have the right to say that." Jamie agreed with that sentiment. "At the very least, I have a couple things for you that would put my mind at ease if you had them.

 

"Such as?" Jamie said curiously.

 

"I had this delivered while we were having technology exchanged with Team Rocket," James said as he revealed a Poké Ball.

 

"Wait..." Jamie recognized that Poké Ball "is that?!" she called as James smiled, wordlessly dropping the Poké Ball to the ground.

 

It was impossible to tell whether the girl or the Metagross had pulled the other into a hug first. The sudden sight of each other was more than either Jamie or Tristan could take. The asymmetric hug of two very differently sized beings looked very awkward but neither seemed to care. They both seemed to be crying tears (or rather Jamie was crying and Tristan did what James had to assume was crying) of joy (in addition to some of sorrow from Jamie for getting Tristan said injuries on top of even more tears of joy that he was now better). James smiled for a while watching them; even without his powers, Tristan's sheer strength would help keep Jamie safe. More than that, he knew that Tristan's presence would keep Jamie's morale up. His smile faltered a bit when James tried getting her attention more than once and failed each time. He eventually decided to just let them hug it out further.

 

"When you are done, I have something else for you," James said which finally caught Jamie's attention.

 

"Okay, okay. We can continue later, Tristan," she said as she finally let go of the Metagross. "So what's the other one," Jamie asked as she wiped her tears away. 

 

"The second is an upgrade for your suit. Tell me which suit you end up choosing and I will apply the upgrade."

 

"Huh?" Jamie asked, quizzically as Tristan positioned himself behind her. "I mean, not that I do not want it, but why me specifically? If there is an upgrade, shouldn't everyone get it."

 

James shook his head, closing his eyes for a moment, breaking his eye contact with Jamie. "This upgrade is very new, and it needs to be adjusted for each individual suit and then calibrated. If I gave this upgrade to everyone, we would be calibrating suits all night and lose our chance to train before it is time to leave. It is also technically untested, and while the risks are minimal, asking everyone to trust me that it will work is not something we have time for."
 

"Hmm," Jamie couldn't quite shake the feeling that James was leaving something out, but relented. "Alright, I need to go with Ray now. I'll tell you when I get assigned a suit, okay?"

 

"That is all I ask," James said. "I will take my leave then," he said before giving a slight bow and walking away.

Jamie walked back towards Ray and Mimi, patting the Metagross who was following her the whole time, "I am sorry about that, lead the way."


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Evan Tierra

Evan laughed at Luke's statement. "You saying my girlfriend is trouble?" He said, grinning. "She may be trouble, but she's worth it, honestly. As for why she's not here...." The Hero thought about how he had left her and Colette to talk. Despite his concern, he knew that it was best not to worry about her. She would be caught up on the plan when she had to be. "She had to talk with that Aura user we met for our mission." The Plasma Agent explained. "It won't be hard to tell her what we have in the works when she meets up with us again."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters - Somewhere, Alamo, Four Island

 

It took him a second, then he snorted at the joke. "Alright then. Did we take any turns, do you remember?" He honestly hadn't been paying any attention. Well, it would be an adventure, then.

 

IC: Sylph/Ellen/Vixen/Astraea/Psyka

 

She was not currently psychic. That was something she could live with, but only if she learned to better herself in other ways.

 

One of those ways was to aspire to be more like her trainer. It probably made an odd picture, a Gardevoir overseeing a brawl between four other Pokémon, but she didn't care about that. Ellen and Vixen were a surprisingly effective team when they worked together. The two foxes had Psyka flanked, and the Espurr was trying desperately to keep them both in her field of vision, a feat that Ellen was making harder with frequent pseudo-Sand Attacks to conceal her movements.

 

As Psyka tried to figure out where Ellen would be (and threw a small pebble to simulate a Psybeam) Vixen rushed in from behind and slammed into her back. Psyka staggered and spun to try and retaliate, but that was when Ellen made her move. The Eevee would have knocked her opponent flat, but Astraea chose that moment to intervene.

Just like before, the Rapid Spin was still pretty effective without Pokémon powers, and Ellen was sent rolling across the ground from the force of the blow. Sylph winced and tried to determine if the Eevee would be able to continue. She took a step forward, but the brown fox jumped back to her feet and shook off the daze.

 

"Don't let it get away with that, Ellen! Tackle!" Ellen rushed forward, and Sylph smiled as she collided with the Staryu.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Gerald Hikari==-

Gerald sat against the wall of his cell as he glanced up at the ceiling. For what it was worth, his plans had not gone that horribly. Sure he was stuck in a prison cell probably for all eternity. Sure, he had Thundurus and Tornadus taken away before he could even try anything, all because they'd go and searched out Landorus for him. Sure, he had met and lost his daughter again in the course of half an hour or less. But things weren't all that bad-

Who was he kidding?! Gerald snarled, as he suddenly stood up and paced around angrily. Things had gone that badly, and now he was stuck in this Arceus-forsaken cell. It was designed to be heavily protected - both against harm to the prisoner, and to prevent those from getting in. Both parts were grating at Gerald's nerves at the moment. If he knew people outside, then he could get help from those. . . and if the cell wasn't padded enough to prevent any sort of harm, then he might be able to at least end his own suffering. As it stood, he was simply reduced to waiting out the rest of his days. Or so he thought.

With a buzz, the door opened. Gerald paused and looked over as a guard entered the room. He was wearing the protective combat suits that anyone who came to take him somewhere wore - the Plasma crest clearly visible on the left side of the suit's chestpiece. It was clear that they were taking out all the stops for something. Gerald turned his full attention to the guard, as another guard entered.

"Your presense is requested in the visitation room. I would recommend that you do not keep us waiting." The guard's voice was distorted behind the helmet, as if through a filter. Gerald considered how he would approach the situation. This was most certainly an unusual prospect for him; someone wanted to see him? He half wondered if it was one of the Sages who wanted to admonish him. But. . . this could be a chance.

"You will let me go free instead. This guest will then be forced to come to me." Gerald's eyes glowed purple as he attempted to use his hypnosis on the guards. What he earned in return, was a smack from the first guard, who looked thoroughly unamused.

"I think not. Now, if you will stop attempting to use your demon powers on me, we will go this way." Gerald let out a low growl at the nerve of that man. Once he was free, he would make that man pay first. Gerald held his hands in front of himself as he was fitted with a straitjacket that would prevent him from trying to attack someone. As it was put on, he felt an odd 'pulse' like he had felt a few nights ago when the light happened. He found that his powers did not work, and guessed that the jacket had a sort of dampener in effect so he wouldn't even try to use his powers on anyone not trained against them.

----

The man was led to the visitation room, as he could see a formally dressed man sitting in the visitor's seat. Gerald took his seat, and stared expectantly at the man. Something about this meeting seemed odd to the criminal, but he knew he wasn't in any position to actually question it. The guest smiled creepily as he opened up a briefcase.

 

"Hello, Mr. Hikari. I am here to discuss things with you, that could potentially result in good things for everyone. But let us cut to the chase, and say that you would be able to possibly get released on, ah, good behavior. At the very least, I could... put in a good word." Gerald gave the man an intrigued look. He did not care at all if anyone else benefited, but if he were released, then that could mean that his plans could be put back into action again. That, above all else, made him interested.

 

"Tell me more about these things of yours." Gerald gave a cruel smile, as his the gears in his mind started turning once again. As they talked, the hourly change of the guards took place and one of the guards started to listen in on the conversation. He did not understand much of what Gerald and the guest was saying, but he heard something about a 'special technology' in Kalos that needed assistance. A few minutes after, however, the prisoner agreed to the terms that the guest said, and the guest promised to get him started within the week.

 

As the guards escorted Gerald back to his cell, the one on the left noticed that the prisoner was whistling a theme of triumph. He frowned at Gerald and shook his head as he wondered just how someone could be that arrogant. He knew it wouldn't be long however, and simply bit his tongue. He wondered again about what that Kalos thing was about, and made a note to check into it later. For now, there were other things to check into. The guard's other friend who had just gone off shift agreed about Gerald, but knew nothing could be done.

 

The door to Gerald's cell opened, and the trio walked in quickly. "Well, it was a pleasure, but I could use the use of my hands again. I would appreciate if you could untie me." The guard could just hear the bitterness in Gerald's tone about the straitjacket, and nodded as he turned to his fellow guard.

 

"I got this from here, you can go. No need to worry 'bout me or the prisoner." The other guard seemed hesitant, but left the room quickly. The man closed the door behind her, and then turned back to Gerald. He slowly walked around the silver haired man, who turned to follow the guard with a quickly increasing look of annoyance.

 

"Well? What exactly are you waiting for, me to grow older and die? Well you'd be waiting a long time; I ain't dying any time soon. In fact, I might be getting out soon. Then I will make sure to remember every last person who crossed me. And you know what I'll do? I'll kill them. Some in their sleep, others right in their face. And no-one will be able to stop me, especially if I get my hands on those things that company is working on." Gerald seemed smug. Too smug. The guard wanted to wipe it off him so badly, but knew he had to be careful. But not for much longer. Instead, he laughed, which Gerald sneered at.

 

3...

 

"As if killing anyone has worked out for you so far. How many have you actually killed? How many have stayed dead?"

 

That got Gerald's attention. "More than you, you little worm. I have rid myself of my worst rivals, too. The ones that I hated the most. And I enjoyed that moment, when Patrick Hakuda died the most."

 

2. . .

 

"Care to be a little more presumptuous?"

 

Gerald snarled. "How dare you act snarky to me?! Who do you think you are?! I demand you release me this instant."

 

1.   .   .

 

"You know. It's too bad that the jacket hinders your powers. It might have even worked on me. You want to know who I am?" The guard reach up and began to undo his helmet. Gerald gave the haughty guard a glare for a few moments, not noticing that the recording light on his room's camera had turned off. "Your worst nightmare." Gerald's look of terror gave the guard an oddly satisfying feeling. The helmet fell to the ground with a loud clank as Gerald tried to back up as fast as he could. The guard watched, piercing blue eyes looking down at Gerald in contempt as the coward fell to the ground.

 

"No... n-n-no... It can't be... IT CAN'T BE!!" The inmate's screams of terror were music to the guard's ears even as he drew a silenced pistol from his belt. How long he had waited for this moment of justice. . . The guard's burnt orange hair fell over his eyes a bit as he knelt down, a triumphant smile on his face.

 

"Yahahaha..." The man let out a fake laugh to mock Gerald, as the terrified man looked to be ready to die of fright. But after all the stuff that he had been through? Everything that the criminal had pulled, and everything he destroyed? He deserved more than to die of terror. "I got you."

 

Patrick Hakuda raised the gun to Gerald's forehead, and pulled the trigger.

 

OOC:

. . .
Gerald Hikari: Dead.

 

-==IC: Ryan Hikari==-

 

Ryan thought that over for a second, but then frowned. She wasn't right in this case, especially not after what they had seen. As the two were handed the data pads, the man silently put his Pokeballs into the device so they could be read. After a few moments, it displayed that Normal was the highest with a mention that it was invalid and that Dark type was the runner-up. After he finished looking at it, he turned to Shannon.

 

"Look around. If I don't go, then that means that everyone else will be one person short. There's not enough people here to afford that." Ryan frowned as he shook his head. "I have to go, or I'll let everyone else down. And if this mission fails, then that means that the entire world might be in danger."

 

-==IC: Olivia Seaton==-

 

"Dunno. If we were goin' some place in particular, then I might have an idea, but I don't have a clue where to start." Olivia frowned slightly, as she contemplated what to do. If they went to the dorms, they might be able to find someone, but the fact that the cafeteria was empty indicated people were elsewhere for whatever reason. Anywhere else, Olivia didn't actually know where to check for lack of an idea of what all was in the Alamo.

 

"This'd be a lot easier if this'd been Chapel or Paradise. . ." The Rocket mumbled, as she glanced around uncertainly. "We might hafta do with some good ol' trial and error. I doubt anythin' outside would work, but we could wander around inside until we found somethin'. . ."

 

-==IC: Ray Hakuda/Jamie Arthur/Mimi White==-

 

Mimi smiled at Jamie as the girl made her way back. Ray glanced between the two for a moment, surprised at the sight of the new Metagross tagging along behind Jamie, but didn't say anything about it.

 

"Alright, right this way." Mimi led the way back into the hallway, and then into an unoccupied room after walking a little way. The woman looked around, glancing around for something before she nodded. "This will do. I'm sorry, but I couldn't discuss things with everyone else around. I'll answer any questions you have, though."

 

Jamie reluctantly had to retreat Tristan as she entered through the doorway, as he was too big. She wanted to stay with him for a while, considering she hadn't seem in what felt like forever, but she needed to advance. "Alright, to start with, why can't you discuss things with everyone else around?"

 

Mimi looked as if she expected that question, and nodded. "I have to be careful with how I explain things. What you're about to hear is confidential information, and does not leave this room, all right?" Ray wondered what the woman could be talking about, but nodded his agreement with the terms. Jamie grumbled a bit, but nodded.

 

"Okay. The reason there needs to be secrecy, and why I have to be careful, is because. . . I'm not who I said I am. For all intents and purposes, I am Mimi White; but that is an assumed name. It is because I am undercover as a Team Plasma spy." Mimi let that hang in the air for the moment, before she continued. "It is not out of malice, however - it is simply a job, and the best that could be done under the circumstances. My best skills other than what I do as a hobby are in the technical field. So it was thought that I could be sent here to keep an eye on things while also laying low."

 

"Laying low?" Ray repeated with a small frown. He had an idea where this was going, but didn't want to get his hopes up.

 

"Yes. I was forced to do so by circumstances beyond my control. It was also thought that by being in this position, I could try and gather intel to fix the situation. However. . . it was already solved recently, without even having to do anything myself." Mimi smiled at that, and sighed. "Despite that, I cannot afford to risk having things compromised, which is why I need to be so secretive about this, and I apologize."

 

"A spy?" Jamie asked, confused. "Like secret agent, Bond-type spy?" she asked, her eyes sparkling a little.

 

Mimi chuckled a bit with a smile, caught off guard by that a bit. "Well, you're not entirely far off from that. I'm sadly not quite so Bond-like, but my husband, gosh, you should see him in action sometime. . . or, well, maybe not since that typically would imply you're his target. We don't quite have all the fancy gadgets, but what we do get, we do make use of sometimes." She pulled out her Xtransceiver, and showed it to the two. "This has a few secret features; nothing really fancy, but it does allow connection to another device so others can listen in on a call for like, if someone tries to make some sort of demand or something. There's some other things, but I'm not sure if it'd bore you or not. . ."

 

"Ooh!" Jamie eyes lit up as she nearly jumped to take a closer look. But she caught herself and shook her head. "Wait a second, I'm getting distracted. What was that 'situation' you were talking about?"

 

"Oh, right." Mimi nodded as she thought about where she left off. "Right, so, I don't know how much you know about the man, but, the reason I was placed into this situation was because of Gerald Hikari. One night a few summers ago, he attempted to kill me and my husband. We had set it up beforehand to try and lure him into it, and. . . for all intents and purposes, he succeeded. He 'killed' some cadavers that we had set up as decoys, so we effectively faked our own deaths. Sadly, that meant that we couldn't contact anyone who knew us."

 

Mimi turned to Ray, who was absolutely speechless at the moment. "Which actually leads back to the original question. . . I know Ray, because I am his mother - my actual name is Alana Hakuda."

Edited by Blessed Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lachina Adaon

 

The ranger thought about the situation for a minute as Olivia spoke. She wasn't sure what Chapel and Paradise were, so she brushed that comment off. However . . . "Where would people go for mission briefings, do you know? The Ranger Station looked about this empty just before we all set off for Sootopolis."

 

IC: Belle LaDonna/Alma Mason

 

They had made land in a little under a week, but they still had to make the trek from Coumarine City to Shalour City. It was only a few hours' walk to the west, but the sun was already setting, and Alma just hadn't seen up to walking. Something she'd eaten on the ship had made her ill, she'd told Belle that morning, and so they were holed up in a room in the Pokémon Center. Alma had produced from somewhere a large tome and was studying it intently.

 

The book looked almost ancient, its pages yellowed and brittle with the text horribly faded. The page Alma was currently looking at seemed to have a diagram of circles printed on it. Belle didn't want to ask, but she really felt the need to.

 

"What's that?" she said after five minutes of watching the girl study the image. Alma looked up, her pale face grim.

 

"It's a ritual that my m-- my . . . superior, suggested I do. We don't know when, or even if, Pokémon will be getting their abilities back. This would allow me to . . ." She bit her lip, seeming uncertain how to end that sentence.

 

"To kill people better?" she suggested.

 

"No! No, quite the opposite in fact. My . . . My job," she emphasized the word, "would have to be much less direct from this point on. I would have to convince or persuade others to do such work for me, instead. This would merely allow me the chance to gain a measure of power. It is very complicated, but I think it may be for the best."

 

"Why don't you explain this all to me, and then we'll decide, okay? First off,explain this . . . ritual? So, like magic?"

 

"Not just like it. It is magic, at least in the sense that it's an unexamined and unexplained phenomenon that can do things that normal science can't yet replicate."

 

"By that, you mean . . .?"

 

"It's not psychic abilities, or the channeling of one's aura, or Pokémon attacks. It's something in and of itself for which science has yet to come up with a suitable explanation. And those who dabble in the art try to ensure it stays that way. Once something can be explained and safely put away, it loses much of its threat to everyday people."

 

Belle nodded and crossed her arms. "Alright. And your . . . 'superior' wants you to learn magic for your job?"

 

"He suggested it, but the decision is ultimately mine. There are benefits and drawbacks. The pros far outweigh the cons in number, but the cons are pretty devastating."

 

"Such as?" Belle raised an eyebrow. She'd never seen Alma be hesitant or uncertain.

 

"On the plus side of things, I would be able to do magic. I would just need to learn the proper ritual for something, or in certain branches the proper symbol to draw, the proper offering to the world, and there would be very few things I would then be unable to do. Flight, invisibility, invulnerability. All for a short time, though there are stories of practitioners who made themselves immortal through dark rituals."

 

"Sounds hefty. What are the cons?"

 

"I would be at the mercy of Karma," Alma replied.

 

There was a moment of silence, then Belle prodded. "Karma?"

 

"Surely you've heard of it. A universal balancing mechanism, so to speak. Generally believed that good karma comes from selfless and beneficial actions, while bad comes from malicious and selfish ones. For a practitioner, Karma is much more tangible. I would not be able-- no, I would be able, but I would not be allowed to lie, to cheat, to steal. I would be bound by my word, I would not be able to attack somebody who had not already attacked myself or another, I would be at the mercy of the rules of hosts and guests--"

 

"Whoa, okay, slow down." Belle held a hand up. "That's an awful lot to take in. What would happen if you broke any of those rules?"

 

"Loss of personal power for things such as breaking the covenant -- stealing or attacking somebody. Lying would be a bigger loss of power, while breaking an oath could leave me forsworn and completely helpless. In addition, having a positive store of Good Karma would make things easier for me, while having Bad Karma would make everything more challenging. The world rewarding or punishing me as seen fit."

 

Belle whistled. "That's definitely a lot to take in. Would you be able to do any of that stuff you mentioned right now?"

 

The girl shook her head. "No, my master--" She paused, sighing. "My superior keeps the books locked away, and only gave me this one in case I needed it in an emergency. It has some basic rituals and spells, but nothing advanced."

 

"Then there's no advantage in you learning something new and so limiting when we might be going into a bad situation. Shelf it for now, and you can do the ritual later if you need to. Sound good?"

 

Alma nodded, then closed the book. "I suppose so. Thank you, miss LaDonna. That's a great pressure off of my mind."

 

There was another short silence, and then Alma stood and approached. Belle raised an eyebrow, unsure of what was about to happen.

 

The last thing she was expecting was a hug.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James Arthur - Command Center

 

Well that was one thing taken care of. Now he just had to make the upgrade after knowing which suit she would use. Then, he could be sure that she would be safe. But he still had two people he had to deal with before he could be free to work on the suits. He would have to ignore the Plasma operative slightly longer, he had one more important answer to attend to.

 

The woman that he had seen Jamie with more than once. However, he hadn't expected to see both of them in the same room until Guinevere returned. The fact that she didn't appear to be with either of them, concerned James.

 

"Pardon me," James said as approached the girl. "Miss Lucia correct? I left Guinevere in Jamie and your care. I was wondering if you could tell me her condition and whereabouts." 

 

 

IC: Jamie Arthur - Alamo

 

"Wh-whoa," Jamie said stunned. "You're, you're, you're actually are his mother?!"

 

Jamie didn't know what to say. It wasn't that she didn't believe Ray, but to here it directly from the source still caught her off guard.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Amanda Zarth

Amanda noted the Executive's attending to his other duties and nodded to herself. As expected. She looked back to the data pad the technician had handed her, currently linked to her C-Gear so she could download the documents to the more convenient device. As she looked around, she noted a number of operatives placing their Pokéballs into some pop-out compartment of the device. She furrowed her brow. Hmm...no doubt linked to the Type Affinity Potential mentioned by Executive Arthur. The Plasma functionary considered the useful possibilities of such a performance metric in agent analysis. She doubted she could reverse-engineer the algorithm in the time she had before the mission, but perhaps with enough points of reference another Plasma agent could construct a passable facsimile for use in her Team's own agent assessment programs. Of course, the most important data point would be the one for which we have the most external data...myself. So thinking, Amanda withdrew the Plasma-emblazoned Poké Balls containing the three members of her Pokémon team and slotted them into the Liberty-provided device. Several seconds of scanning later, the device provided her results.

 

Type Affinity Potential:
Psychic      - 2.00
Normal       - 1.83 --INVALID OPTION--
Electric     - 1.66 --INVALID OPTION--
Steel        - 1.16
Bug          - 0.16
Fire         - 0.16
Interesting... Before she could analyze her results further, a chime indicated her C-Gear had completed its download. Disconnecting the two devices, she retrieved her Pokémon and stored the data pad away before returning her attention to Executive Arthur. Auxiliary projects could wait; for now, she had a duty to perform, and she was not about to let inattention keep her from it.


 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

"Looks like Lachina was wrong. You do have a sense of humor!" Dahlia laughed as she walked up to an intersection and paused. "Hm, to be honest I was more focused on talking to you than where we were walking. We'll just have to trust our instincts." She briefly considered each available option, left, right, and forward. "I say left!" Without a moment's hesitation she took off down the chosen path, leading the aura wielder into the unknown.

 

IC: Shannon Willows - Command Center, The Alamo

Shannon wanted to scream. She wanted to wrest the Pokéballs out of Ryan's hand. To throw the data pad across the room. She could only watch, powerless to stop the wheel of fate from carrying Ryan away once more. She closed her eyes and took a deep, shaking breath. "Then . . . You leave me no choice."

 

She placed a Pokéball in the slot on the data pad.

 

"I came to this briefing in hopes of convincing you to stay. I can't stop you."

 

A second Pokéball entered its slot.

 

"Instead . . . I'm coming with you."

 

Three. The girl looked up at Ryan with those fiery eyes as the data pad analyzed her team. The results, unsurprisingly, came out largely in favor of the Normal-Type suit. Instead the device indicated the runner-up: T-05, Fairy.

 

"Dark and Fairy." Shannon glanced over at Ryan's data pad. "We make quite the pair."

 

"And just what do you think you're doing?!" A hand grabbed Shannon's shoulder, causing the girl to whirl around with a shriek. The previous fire in her eyes burnt down to cinders as the data pad in her hands clattered to the floor. Theodore Willows was hysterical. "You shouldn't even be here! Who let you out of the hospital? How did you get into this briefing? And who-" he jabbed an accusing finger at Ryan "-is this man? You are not going on this mission, Shannon! Not if I have anything to say about it!"

 

"Theodore, the answer to your questions may lie elsewhere." Mrs. Willows cast a sidelong glance toward Lucia.

 

Were the healer not in the middle of a conversation with a Liberty Executive, Theodore would have marched right up to her for questioning. Instead, he turned back to his daughter. "Explain yourself, Shannon!"

 

Her face felt hot, and she stared at her feet to hide the color in her cheeks. When she spoke, her voice was one of defeat. "Ryan . . . meet my parents."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters

 

Jared grinned a bit as he glanced around. "She and I give each other a lot of flak. It's our dynamic." He shrugged lightly. And then, Dahlia was sprinting down the hallway, leaving Jared to try and catch up as they journeyed deeper into the bowels of the Alamo.

 

IC - August 4th, 2017

 

The master was supervising as his team trained. Gallade, for once, was thankful for the power outage, as it meant that the Talonflame lost some of its advantage over him.

 

That said, it still had the advantage of being able to fly, and being much quicker than he was. The flying type would swoop in, rake at him with its claws, then circle out of his range almost before he had a chance to react. On top of that, the Arcanine was somewhere to the side, waiting for a good opportunity to strike.

 

He would have to time things carefully. His eyes watched the Talonflame circling overhead, but his ears were alert for the sound of the Arcanne. As the Scorching Pokémon turned and entered a dive, the Gallade knew it was time to act.

 

The Talonflame was quick, but Gallade was prepared. As the flying type drew close, he spun and brought one leg up high. Talonflame was diving too quick to stop its descent, and he felt his foot connect solidly with it. He heard the Arcanine to his right, and he spun again, in reverse. This time, he kicked Talonflame from the side, sending the airborne foe flying towards the Arcanine.

 

The Legendary Pokémon ran into the projectile, but he didn't let it slow him for long. He shook the bird out of his face and continued on towards his target. He had plenty of weight over the Gallade, and he planned to use it. With a roar, he jumped at the Blade Pokémon.

 

Gallade raised a blade to catch the Arcanine's throat. The other hand came up under the fire type's stomach, and he twisted, leveraging hard with his arms. With a cry, he sent the beast flying and rolling across the ground.

 

He paused, hearing a whistling sound. With a snarl, he jumped straight up and bent backwards. The Talonflame flew underneath him, and he landed on his hands and flipped back onto his feet. His two opponents had recovered, and were watching him warily.

 

As well they should. He had taken their momentum from him, and now the advantage was his. He rushed in.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Lucia==-

 

Lucia was surprised as Jamie's "brother" appeared before her, and that surprise soon turned to slight unease.

 

"Well, she's still back in Celadon to my knowledge. She gave me this, however, in case I ran into you." The healer dug into her bag, and then pulled out an envelope that she then handed to James. "If you ask me what's in it, I have no clue; she wouldn't - or couldn't - give any hints." She didn't add that the expression on the Gardevoir's face didn't really bode well for the letter's contents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James Arthur - Alamo Command Center

 

James snatched the letter from Lucia so fast, it was a wonder that he didn't end up hitting Lucia. He immediately grabbed the lip of the envelope to open it right then and there, when he stopped himself.

 

It wouldn't do to open it here, if even hearing about it prompted such emotion in him, then he needed to read it where no one else would see him.

 

"My apologies for grabbing it so rudely. Thank you for delivering this letter," James said as he placed the letter into his inner suit pocket. He gave Lucia half-hearted nod and turned away.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Lucia==-

 

"Um, you're welcome!" Lucia called out after the executive. She was half puzzled at how that conversation, if you could call it that, had gone. . . but also understood it a lot. With a sigh she turned back to the data pad, which currently listed off four choices. The first was invalid, and as she read through the details about it, two of the other three just didn't seem like they were good fits. That left the Grass suit, which did seem right up her alley. With some quick work, she submitted her formal request for the Grass type suit, and smiled slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jayron Aaron - Command Center, The Alamo

You've got to be kidding me.

 

Jayron's Lucario looked at his fedora-clad partner with an unwavering gaze. The two exchanged a brief series of mental thoughts and words before the executive looked back down at his data pad with a troubled frown.

 

"The early bird certainly gets the worm," he muttered aloud. Out of the top 5 types on his T.A.P. score, four had already been claimed. The fifth was an intriguing option. "T-03. Dragon-Type, huh? Comes with an AI-directed Rush Mode."

 

Sounds risky, Lucario offered.

 

Sounds useful, Jaryon corrected. Under normal circumstances, you'd be right. But I may be the best suited for utilizing this Rush Mode. While the suit directs my body to attack, I can direct my mind. It will let me attack both with the suit's powers and my aura powers.

 

A frown crossed Lucario's face. I'd still prefer you not to put your life in the hands of Vert's questionable intelligence, but it can't be helped. He jerked his head toward the crowd. Arthur's free.

 

With a glance up at his fellow executive, Jayron quickly submitted his request for the Dragon Suit before heading over to intercept James. "A word, Arthur." He waited until Lucario had approached before continuing. "You've probably noticed that we don't have the biggest pool of recruits. Unless we're bringing all the leaders on this mission, we'll probably have a few leftover suits. I'd like to make a proposition: my Lucario is well-trained in combat, even without his ability to use aura. He's close enough to human-shaped that he should be able to fit in a suit with a few small modifications. He's been eager to fight by my side, and if you give him a suit, he can do just that. Fighting would clearly be the best option, but he could utilize Steel or Ground just as well. What do you say?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James Arthur - Alamo Command Center

 

James turned to see Jayron. It wasn't the worst idea, with the sparse amount of volunteers that they had. However...

 

"I will speak to Dr. Vert about this if you wish, but I am pretty sure I could tell you what she will say," James said shaking his head. "She will probably say something along the lines of, 'one day is too short a time frame to readjust and re-calibrate the suit for a non-human frame.'"

 

James shook his head slowly. "I am not completely certain of this, but as far as my knowledge of the suits goes, this is most likely scenario. I will check, but do not get your hopes up."


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Esen Windred/Skye Hall/Jackson Sang - Command Center, The Alamo:

 

The question brought Sang to a sudden stop, upon which he simply stared at Lafoyae. His expression was impassive, though the total lack of movement in his body suggested he was thinking hard about how to respond. Sensing the possibility of a brawl coming on, Esen shifted quietly in front of Skye, ready to push her back if the need arose.

 

The need did not arise. Instead, Sang's shoulders relaxed, and he shrugged. "Alright," he said. "If we had more time, I'd fight you for it, but . . . Seems like that might be a little counter-intuitive this time." He smiled, raising his datapad and adjusting his request--emphasizing, but not quite asking, to use the Ground-Type Suit instead. "Hope you use it well, Belrose."

 

He pocketed the device and headed out, giving only a parting nod to the three women. Esen eased, letting out a short breath. She looked at Lafoyae. "I take it you know him, then. Is he always like that?"

 

 

IC - Sonja Baron - Records, The Alamo:

 

It took some time for Sonja to answer. She occupied her hands and thoughts in the meantime by shuffling and organizing the papers she was holding, thinking about how to respond all the while. Finally, she made eye contact with Chloe, considering her.

 

"This is going to sound like a non-answer," she said. "But, honestly . . . just don't worry about it. I don't blame you for what your father did, and I can't hold it against you for affecting how you dealt with anything else." Sonja bit the inside of her cheek, reflecting back on the aftermath of the incident with Gerald. "Trust me--you weren't the only one who made bad decisions, before or after . . ." She shook her head. "Anyway . . . Don't let it drag you down. We need everyone focused on what's happening now."


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...