Jump to content
Parugi

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Recommended Posts

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

At Sang's agreement, Lafoyae gave her fellow assassin a respectful nod. As much as she was intrigued by the notion of fighting Sang, she too knew the value of saving her energy for learning to move in the suit. Looking to Esen, the telepath gave her a look of understanding. "That I do. He is technically my superior." She projected calmly, not wanting to give away too much. "He and I are two of Team Rocket's.....special agents. Competition between the two of us can get fierce. As you've just seen though, we do know when to toss that aside if the situation begs for it."
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ryan Hikari==-

 

Once upon a time, Ryan would have at least had skepticism that Shannon's parents were that bad. That moment had passed. He grit his teeth as he looked straight at the man who was yelling about all this, and was suddenly reminded of how his own father had acted back when things were more normal.

 

That was not a good comparison.

 

The Rocket thought back to the chaotic time when Shannon had explained about her parents. There was something that was relevant to the situation, but what was it. . .?

 

"My parents are Liberty agents."

 

He felt as if there was something else, but this was what he'd focus on for now.

 

"So. . . does Liberty think this mission is that dangerous, that you feel the need to forbid someone from going? How exactly does that reflect back on them then?" Ryan's tone was controlled as he tried to keep his face neutral while contesting Shannon's father. "Is your motto 'anyone but me'? Because it sounds like it. You're perfectly fine with anyone going, but not Shannon; correct?"

 

-==IC: Chloe Hikari==-

 

Chloe was stunned for a moment as Sonja responded. Even if Sonja thought it sounded like a non-answer, to Chloe it was the exact opposite. The psychic girl looked up with a smile. She hid her shaky hands behind her back, as her nerves began to calm down.

 

"Thank you. . ." The girl was honestly very relieved by that answer. It was rather to-the-point, but it served its purpose very well. "You're right; now's not the time to dwell on the past. Gerald's been locked up as of a few weeks ago, and now we have something bigger to worry about. But. . . thank you." Chloe smiled, as she felt like the weight that had been hovering over her had finally been totally removed. She adjusted her bag as she headed toward the door again, but paused.

 

"Maybe when things aren't quite so hectic, everyone could make an effort to get to know each other better? I tried once a little while ago, but things kinda got hectic, and, well, not everyone was around then." Chloe chuckled softly at the thought of how crazy that week had been.

 

-==IC: Ray Hakuda==-

 

Alana nodded with a smile. Ray stood still, entirely speechless. No matter what he tried to think of to say, nothing came to mind. Here was the person he'd continually wish that he could see one more time, yet he couldn't find the words that he wanted to say. Nothing felt genuine at all. Ray felt happy, yet betrayed; excited yet angry.

Something else seemed odd to him too. Alana was obviously not lying, he could tell that much. Yet for some reason, he felt uneasy. As if this whole situation was too. . . easy. He wanted to voice that too; but couldn't find the words.

 

". . . Welcome back." Ray finally said with a warm smile. Despite all his uneasiness, this was still his miracle. A situation that he never expected; the chance to see his mother again. After he took a few awkward steps forward Ray wrapped his arms around Alana, still shocked at the fact that this gamble had paid off. He wondered again why now, but didn't pay it any mind as he simply enjoyed the hug.

 

-==IC: Olivia Seaton==-

 

"I dunno. . ." Olivia admitted with a sigh, as she tapped her fingers together. "I'd bet toward the center of the buildin', but I dunno. All I've seen is the outside, trainin' areas, an' the dorms. But, tell ya what, let's pick... this way!" With a smile, she began to quickly walk to the left at the fork in the path. She had no clue if this was the right way to head, but it wouldn't do to just mope around about it,  or stand around all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Amanda Zarth

Amanda looked around the room. There were still too many others present, but she needed Executive Arthur's time in privacy. Waiting for the other agents' convenience was simply not an option.

 

The Plasma functionary stepped forward to engage with the Liberty official. She noted Executive Arthur speaking to another well-dressed man, and she nodded respectfully to both men. "I apologize for the interruption, Executive and..." She scanned the other individual, noticing the Executive emblem pinned to a cloth band at the shoulder. "Executives," she corrected, "but I am afraid I must infringe upon your time sooner rather than later. Would it be possible to converse somewhere more private?"



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zoe Llyan - Classroom, The Alamo

Nervous chatter filled the classroom. Mr. Kallan had told them to behave before he stepped out into the hallway and so, naturally, the class should have started getting into all kinds of shenanigans the moment their teacher so foolishly turned his back on them.

 

Except no one dared to leave their seat. Between the loss of Pokémon power and the controlled panic that had settled on the Alamo, the students all knew something was going on. The sudden alert echoing in the hallway that had prompted Mr. Kallan to vacate the room was just the latest in a series of increasingly alarming incidents. But as is typical among preteen children, it was difficult to discern fact from fiction.

 

"Ford planted a bomb on Two Island," one kid insisted. "They say it's powerful enough to wipe out all of Sevii -- that's why they're evacuating Three Island!"

 

"That's ridiculous!" another cried. "They already caught Ford on Two Island. This is the work of aliens: they harvested our Pokémon's energy to fuel their spaceships, and now they're going to eat our brains!"

 

From his throne in the back of the room, Travis let out a sharp laugh. "The two of you have been spending too much time with Zany Zoe!" A cocky grin crossed his face as he folded his arms behind his head and propped his feet up on the back of the chair in front of him. "Next you'll be telling me that her superpowered sister is the only one who can defeat the aliens! Oh, this is rich!"

 

Throughout this whole exchange, Zoe remained unusually quiet. She was normally one to jump on conspiracy theories and would never miss a chance to remind Travis that Collie would come after his despicable face when she was done with the aliens. But today she didn't feel up to the task of defending her sister or engaging her imagination. Whatever was happening, it was serious enough to make her parents break down in the living room. It had made Collie shut herself in her room for the past four days. It had made Mr. Kallan abandon his rowdy class.

 

Zoe stared down at her desk so her classmates wouldn't notice the tears she was desperately trying to hold back. She had never been more terrified in her life, and she didn't even know what she was supposed to be afraid of.

 

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

It was a wild gamble. Even with her limited exposure to the Alamo, Dahlia had no idea where she was. And Jared had even less exposure. They cut corners on a whim, wandering through the twisted hallways of the rebel base. It was pure luck that they managed to get anywhere at all. It was a miracle that they managed to find two other wandering souls.

 

"Olivia!" Dahlia cried out in surprise after turning a corner and nearly running into her sister. "Sorry about that, I didn't see you there. Oh, and Lachina's with you, too! Did you two enjoy your lunch?"

 

IC: Jayron Aaron - Command Center, The Alamo

So I'm just supposed to sit back and watch as you all throw yourselves into the front lines? Lucario was only able to project his thoughts to Jayron via their telepathic link, but if he could have he would've spoken directly to James Arthur. Most of these humans have no direct combat experience, they only know how to command their Pokémon. This is-

 

We'll discuss this another time, Jayron responded before cutting off their mental link. He truly felt Lucario's pain, but the situation was out of their control. He turned his attention to the woman who had approached them.

 

"We could certainly arrange that," he said, ignoring the grumbling Lucario behind him and assuming an air of the authority and composure expected of his rank. "If you'd follow us, we'll--" A sudden outburst distracted him. Someone had dropped their data pad and a full-blown argument looked about ready to break out. Jayron cast an apologetic look to James. "Sorry, but can you take her on your own? I need to deal with this situation before it gets out of hand."

 

IC: Shannon Willows/Theodore Willows/Ava Willows - Command Center, The Alamo

Theodore did not take kindly to Ryan's accusations. "Just who do you think you are?" he demanded. "I forbid her from going not because she's my daughter, but because she's ill fit for this mission. She's supposed to be recovering in the medical wing, not throwing herself into danger!"

 

"In case you haven't noticed, Liberty does think this mission is dangerous enough to forbid certain people from going," Ava said coolly. "Or did you not see them checking IDs before the briefing? This is no place for a recovering patient. Why do you care so much whether or not she goes, anyway?"

 

"Need I remind you that the fight is on Three Island? It's not here." Jayron stepped between Ryan and Shannon's parents, casting a firm look at everyone involved. He knelt down to pick up the dropped data pad, which currently displayed a flashing red error message. "'Your request has been denied.' I'm sorry, Miss . . . Willows. But it seems you're registered as a current patient in our hospital. You'll need to get that sorted out before the system will let you submit your request for a Suit."

 

"The only thing to sort out," Theodore insisted, "is why she was let out of the medical wing in the first place! She shouldn't even be here!"

 

"Fine, then!" Shannon snatched her Pokéballs out of the machine. "I didn't even want to be part of this stupid mission, anyway!" Fighting back tears, she pushed past Ryan and Jayron and ran out of the room.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Sonja Baron/Ethan Worth - Records, The Alamo:

 

"My friends back home and I liked to have family lunches when our schedules all lined up," Sonja said. "I think that'd be fun to do, if we can all find a time where we aren't hard-pressed for work."

 

Assuming we all make it that long, she continued silently, though preferred not to spoil to moment by vocalizing the sentiment. She made a mental note to check up on her friends in Unova soon. With everything that had happened, there was no telling how Unova was handling the situation. Given past precedent, Sonja was not terribly hopeful for the region's prospects under Plasma.

 

As she and Chloe returned to the others, Ethan gave them a nod. "Ready to go?"

 

"I think so," Sonja said. "If you all are, then let's get moving."

 

 

IC - Esen Windred/Skye Hall - Command Center, The Alamo:

 

It had just occurred to Esen that Lafoyae was not moving her mouth to speak when Skye pushed past her with a sharp inhale. "Whoa!" she exclaimed. "How are you talking without moving your--?"

 

A sudden eruption of angry voices nearby interrupted Skye, drawing the group's attention. Esen recognized one of the men from the Egg, but did not recognize anyone else involved in the argument--at least until Jayron entered the scene in an attempt to break it up. Uncomfortable, Esen turned away, patting Skye on the shoulder to indicate that they should leave.

 

"If they're going on the mission with us, you should try teaching them something about knowing when to pick battles," she said to Lafoyae with a shake of her head. "The last thing we need are Liberty and Rocket Agents letting their personal feelings get in the way while we're fighting." Esen sighed. "At any rate, nice to meet you. I'm Esen; this is Skye. I guess we'll see you during outfitting?"


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James Arthur - Command Center

 

"I suppose you will have to simply settle for me," James said with a smile as he watched Jayron leave to deal with what looked to be a familial problem, though he remembered that Amanda specifically asked for him during his presentation.

 

"If you will follow me," he said signaling for Amanda to follow him. He showed her out into the hallway and towards another room. At the door, he had to scan his ID before the door would unlock. Inside was a plain, if well equipped meeting room.

 

"This room requires someone with Executive authority to unlock it. We will not be disturbed here. You may ask your questions."

 

IC: Jamie Arthur - Alamo

 

"Nope, come on Jamie, you just finished crying, come on... gosh darn it."

 

Jamie tried to stop the tears of joy from rolling down her face. But she couldn't. Seeing Ray hug his mother was just too happy. Even Tristan from inside his Pokeball, felt manly tears rolling darn his face. He knew how emotional it was for a parent to finally be reunited with their child that they have not seen in a while. How it touched his iron heart. 


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize - Alamo Hallway, Four Island

 

He had seen Ray and Jamie walk out of the room with one of the techs, but he hadn't said anything. They had seemed pretty focused on other things, and Xander wasn't in the mood to socialize anyways.

 

When a crying woman came running out of the room, though . . . Xander put away his Holo Caster, ignoring the current game of Ekans he had running, and took a step towards her. She wasn't anyone he recognized, but he could see she was clearly distressed at something. What had gone on in that room?

 

"Miss?" he asked, just loud enough to be heard. "Are you okay?"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

Lafoyae performed a slight curtsy as she gave Esen a bit of an uncomfortable smile, considering the scene playing out. "Lafoyae Belrose, at your service." Her inner voice rang pleasantly to Esen and Skye. "As for what's going on, nothing could be more true. In my line of work, picking your battles is crucial...." It then occurred to the Rocket Agent that she recognized two of the people in the argument, both from that skirmish in Celadon. One of them, the one that ran out, she recalled as the one who pleaded with her not to kill Hannah Wright.

Not exactly a good memory.

She determined it was none of her business and prepared herself to leave, but decided another course of action. She focused on Esen again. "I know Sang pretty well, but I feel I should know more of the people I am working with, so...." The Assassin's telepathic voice sounding a touch nervous. "Mind if I.....tag along? I feel it'd be beneficial, for all involved in the battle to come...."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ruth Fishers - Old Chateau

 

Ruth spun at the sound of something growling, but she couldn't see anything. "H-hello?" she called hesitantly. Caliburn floated beside her, scanning the area and keeping his shield raised in case of an attack.

 

"Is someone there?"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Luke - Outside Records Room, The Alamo

"I guess we'll be traveling together at least for a little while," Luke said as Sonja and Chloe came out of the room. "After all, Ford and Hayes' cells are probably pretty close to each other."

 

Ryan nodded. "I'd imagine Liberty's put some distance between them, them being the world's two most wanted terrorists and all, but they should be in the same general area."

 

IC: Shannon Willows - Hallway, The Alamo

Someone called out to her, but Shannon kept running. Light footsteps indicated that whoever it was had decided to chase after her. She only made it halfway down the hallway before her tear-blurred vision caused her to stumbled into the wall. She paused to wipe her eyes and catch her breath, but when the man that had called out caught up to her, she sank to the ground in defeat.

 

The man repeated his earlier question. "Are you okay?"

 

Shannon didn't even look up at him. "It feels like the whole universe is against me," she sobbed. "It's my curse; the moment things start to look hopeful, everything takes a turn for the worse. I was a fool to think I could stop him."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize - Alamo Hallway, Four Island

 

Part of him was saying that this was in no way his problem. Part of him said he should really just walk away and leave the girl to her troubles. Part of him insisted that he couldn't afford to miss Goldhawk at the end of the meeting.

 

He kindly told that part of himself to shut up.

 

"Start from the beginning." He leaned on the wall, careful to keep his left arm to his body. "Who were you trying to stop from going on this mission?" The outpouring of people from the conference room hadn't included anyone he had met so far, which meant that he likely knew whoever this person was. He could guess how stubborn they were being about it.

 

IC: Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon

 

"Oh, hey again!" Lachina waved cheerily at Jared and Dahlia. "You guys look out of breath."

 

Jared chuckled. "Yeah, you could say we're getting our exercise in. Don't suppose you could point us back towards the barracks."

 

Lachina paused, looking around. "Nope!" she replied in a chipper voice. "We're on an adventure right now, so maybe if you tag along with us you'll find them."

 

IC: Alma Mason/Belle LaDonna

 

Alma woke up with a start, nearly falling out of bed. Sweat plastered her hair to her forehead, her night gown clinging to her back.

 

Across the room, Belle stirred and sat up slowly. "Everything alright, kid?" Her voice was groggy with sleep. The alarm clock on the night stand said it was only two-thirty.

 

Alma shuddered, standing. "I'm . . . I'm fine. Just a dream." She stepped into the bathroom and wet a washcloth with cold water. Scrubbing the sweat off of her face, she looked into the mirror. Belle stepped in behind her, looking concerned.

 

"You wanna talk about it?" the collector asked. "Talking about bad dreams helps them go away."

 

"I wouldn't know." Alma had never had nightmares before, as far as she could remember. "But, if you say it would help . . ." She set the cloth aside. "In the dream, we were in the woods . . ."

 

It took her an hour to tell the full story, and when it was finished, Belle pulled her into a hug.

 

"It's okay, Alma. Nothing like that is going to happen, alright? We're too good at what we do to be taken out by some chumps." There was a pause, and then Belle scooted back on the bed. "Sleep here, tonight. It'll help."

 

Alma nodded, and, as Belle said, there were no more bad dreams that night.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James Arthur - Command Center

 

"I suppose you will have to simply settle for me," James said with a smile as he watched Jayron leave to deal with what looked to be a familial problem, though he remembered that Amanda specifically asked for him during his presentation.

 

"If you will follow me," he said signaling for Amanda to follow him. He showed her out into the hallway and towards another room. At the door, he had to scan his ID before the door would unlock. Inside was a plain, if well equipped meeting room.

 

"This room requires someone with Executive authority to unlock it. We will not be disturbed here. You may ask your questions."

IC: Amanda Zarth

 

Amanda inclined her head to indicate gratitude. "For now I only have one inquiry directly related to the impending operation, but in light of not disrupting said operation I considered it prudent to address the matter privately." She flipped through a few files on her C-Gear, clutching her pendant gently as she reopened the file with her notes on the presentation. "If you will forgive my bluntness--what was the original intended target of operations involving the Power Suit program?" She stared impassively into the Executive's eyes, obviously searching for signs of deception in his reply.



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Jenny Hakuda==-

 

Jenny could see that Colette was struggling to come up with an answer for what her motives for fighting were. However, as she was about to open her mouth to give advice, the aura wielder finally spoke up.

 

"Well, I obviously fight for my family. I have to protect them, after all. But I also... I'm also fighting for Lucina." The younger girl was smiling as if she was recalling an old memory. However something in the tone of Colette's voice and something in the expression on her face made it seem to Jenny like there was something else to that. "She was my teacher back in Kalos. She's why I wear my hair the way I did until things went bad." Colette's face turned more melancholy after that.

 

"She sounds like she was nice. Did you like her?" Jenny asked with a smile, as she leaned against the wall of the hallway. She wondered if there might be something about her teacher that might be causing her unease. Colette nodded after a moment, but then seemed to pause.

 

"I liked her, but she was rather tough at times, and between her and my aunt, I spent more time with my studies than I did with anyone else my age." Colette hesitated for a moment after she finished speaking, and glanced around uneasily. "I. . . might have driven some of my possible friends off too when I was young. We were playing around with testing out how accurately I could read auras, and I kinda spilled the emotions of a couple people." The blush on the girl's cheeks raised Jenny's curiosity, but she never got a chance to ask, as Colette continued to speak. "To be honest, I now wonder if their reactions might have just been on-the-spot ones. I probably will never find out now, since I won't have a chance to see them again likely; they're probably scattered all over Kalos by now."

 

"That doesn't sound like it's fun. . ." Jenny agreed, but scratched her head. "I'm not sure if that's totally related to what worries you, though. Can you tell me some more about your teacher? What sort of training did you do?"

 

The resulting answer was just about the wrong thing to say. They began to walk again as Colette began to go on and on about her training, and what sort of things it consisted of - though the girl also began to explain about unrelated details like how she caught some of her Pokemon during her training. Jenny didn't have the heart to stop her, and simply continued to listen and nod.

 

 

 

Finally, after what seemed like over half an hour, Colette finished her explanation and sighed. "I mean, it was a cool time. But..."

 

"It was still tough and time consuming, wasn't it? What did you do when you weren't training?" Jenny noticed that Colette seemed shocked once again, but the girl thought for a moment.

 

"Well, there were exams. Some special surprise trials to learn things on the fly too. And the relaxing type of fishing before bed sometimes. . . which was also training, actually." The aura wielder sheepishly grinned for a moment before it faltered and was replaced by a slight frown. "I guess I never actually had any time off. Most of the time I got off, I had to sneak off to get. But I knew I couldn't slack off, because if I did, then I probably wouldn't be able to see Zoe. . . since I'd be too busy otherwise. I liked learning things, but I almost feel like I was pressured too much."

 

Jenny nodded, as she wondered if they had found the answer. As they came to a stop, the redhead noticed that they had reached the entrance of the Alamo. "Come on, I have an idea." Colette seemed uncertain about what was in mind, but nodded as she followed the other woman outside. Jenny stretched her arms for a moment, and glanced back to the younger girl. "Let's run to the beach and back - not for any reason at all, just for fun."

"What?!" Colette looked at Jenny as if it was the weirdest idea she had ever heard. "But we haven't warmed up or anything! Lucina always said-"

"So?" The redhead gave Colette a warm smile. "Let's break some rules so we can relieve some tension; I know I would in your situation. Who knows, it might even clear your head. Sound like a plan?"

With a reluctant nod, the two began to run down the path to the beach. Partway in, Jenny yelled out with laughter mixed in to try and get everything that was bothering her off her chest. Colette seemed surprised by the noise, and looked around uneasily to see if anyone was watching. . . however, it seemed like the path was empty. Jenny turned her head to watch as she saw Colette with red cheeks, yelling out as she ran to try and get ahead.

 

Once they got back to the Alamo, Jenny chuckled in between pants, as she looked at the smiling aura wielder. "So? Feel any better?" The Plasma agent felt tired after the run, but the younger girl seemed almost ready to go for another run. With a nod, Colette put her hands behind her head.

 

"Yep... I'm beginning to feel a bit better. I also wonder... what's the real reason I feel so uneasy? I don't really feel like I'm scared of my powers anymore - I'm more scared of the situation. But something still doesn't. . . feel right." Colette stayed quiet for a moment as Jenny looked over, a curious look on her face. "I... have a theory. I think I feel as if I'm just a puppet at times. Of Liberty, of Lucina, and of my mom and dad. And while that's not true obviously, I think I still feel like I'm almost following a path without actually knowing it. Like, even when I tried to have my own hairstyle, I did it exactly the way Lucario ears are, because of Lucina. So I just, I wonder if I really even have my own identity. So, because of feeling like that, and feeling like I still have to perform excellently for Lucina, despite her not being here, I. . . think that's what this is all about."

 

Jenny blinked as Colette finished speaking and nodded twice. "That's good insight, honestly. I can't say whether that's the actual thing or not, but, that might be a good thing to try first. What would you want to do to try and get that started? I might be able to help depending on what it is!" The woman leaned against the wall to the building as she kept trying to catch her breath. Colette thought for a moment, and then slowly smiled.

 

"Well, actually..."

 

-==IC: Chloe Hikari==-

 

"Right." Chloe nodded in agreement as Ethan and Sonja suggested to go, since she didn't figure there was any more talking that needed to be done. "Can someone lead the way? I've been down in that area all of once, and don't know it very well..."

 

-==IC: Ray Hakuda==-

 

After a moment, Ray stepped back and smiled. "So, dad's around too, then? Where is he now? Does anyone else know?"

"Whoa, whoa, slow down the questions." Alana laughed, but thought for a moment. "Your father survived too, yes, as far as I know. As for where he is, I honestly have no idea. We. . . became strained after Jessie died. Things were getting better, but a few months ago I simply lost contact. No-one but us knows we're alive, though." As he heard that, Ray sighed with a nod. One thing bugged him, though.

 

"Wouldn't he like it if he heard that Jessie's alive, though? I mean, she chose a different name now which he might not like, but..." Ray didn't expect the look of shock on his mother's face.

 

"She's alive?! But. . . the house. . ." Alana paused, and cursed. "That monster must have pulled a similar stunt to what we did. But why...?"

 

"I don't know." Ray admitted, but recalled something that one of the others had mentioned and paused. ". . . It's not the first time he's done something like this either. My friends were mentioning that Alistair is aliv-"

 

"He's what?!" How the tables had turned - now it was Alana's turn to be utterly stunned at what Ray was saying. "That. . . I hope some time we get to see him..." The tone in her voice sounded to Ray like she was having a hard time staying composed. He couldn't say he blamed her, what with losing over 15 years worth of time. However, she shook her head. "Jessie is alive, though? Do you know where she is? What she's doing? What she's been doing all this time? How did we not find out about her?"

 

Ray held his hands up to stop any further questions, and then explained about what had happened, and everything they knew about Jenny since she lost her memory. At that little tidbit, Alana's hands went to her mouth, as she listened intently to everything else that Ray explained about. When he finished talking, the woman stayed quiet for a long while. Ray thought that it might have been too much for her, but instead, she grabbed his shoulder with surprising intensity.

 

"You say she's here? Right now? Please. Please take me to her; she might have forgotten something critical. Something we all might have after all this time. Please take me to her now."

 

-==IC: Colette Llyan==-

 

Colette looked in the mirror as she admired the way her hair looked. It hadn't been cut, but Jenny had helped her hair be put into a ponytail held by a bow, and she had to admit that it looked very nice to her. At the same time, though, she felt weird looking at herself but seeing a different hairstyle. She hoped that was a good sign.

 

"Thank you!" Colette said to Jenny, as she gave the older girl a thankful hug. Jenny beamed back in return, as she chuckled.

 

"I'm glad you like it. It's not much, but I figured that it would be something very helpful. I'm glad I had that laying around; I think I was gonna use it at some time, but well, things happen and I don't really need it anymore. Or was it a gift for something?" Jenny furrowed her brow, but shrugged. "Either way, it hasn't been touched, so, enjoy!"

Colette giggled happily, as she turned away. "Maybe now we should go try to find something else. Maybe a new outfit? I know there's that thing, but isn't Evan and Ray looking into it? Haven't met Sleepyhead much, but he seemed reliable today, so um, if you don't mind, do you think you could help with that too?" Colette paused in her plans as she heard a dull thud. Confused, she turned around.

 

Her eyes widened.

 

-̶̡̛=͠=̨͡͝Ì̡̨͟C̴̴:̨͝ ̵̢J̵̨ȩ̵s̸҉̷̧s̵̨̢͝i̵̧͠e̶ ̵̢̀͟H͜͡ą̵̛̀k̸̢̡͘u҉̴d̷̢á̸͝=̵̢̛͜=̷̛̀͜͟-̛҉

 

The room seemed odd to the young girl as she ran through it happily. Despite that, it also seemed normal enough to her. The biggest thing was that it just didn't seem -right- to her. She shrugged it off as she continued to run around and play.

 

"Jessica! What did I tell you about running in the house...?" A man's voice called for the young girl. Jessica. . . was that her name? Why was she feeling confused about that?

"All right!" The girl called out in her sing-song voice, as she promptly continued to run around again, this time on the way outside. Her happy smile turned to one of confusion, however, as an odd feeling fell over her.

 

"Huh. . .?"

 

A few moments later, she blinked and saw that she was laying on her back, with her mother and father surrounding her. The girl slowly sat up with a blink. "Did I fall?"

 

The room oddly shifted before the girl's eyes, as she felt different. She looked down and saw that she seemed older, maybe eight years old now. The girl shook her head, as she felt like the environment looked... off somehow. Like pieces were just wrong, though she couldn't tell what.

 


"Jessie! Hurry up, or we're both gonna be late!"

"A-alright!" Was that her name? Why didn't it feel right? Who was that black haired boy? The girl began to run after the boy with a smile.

 

She opened her eyes in confusion, and saw a white ceiling. She glanced around, and noticed the boy from earlier. He saw that she was awake, and smiled widely.

 

"Jessie's up!" He called out, and looked over at her. "You just fell down so suddenly that I didn't know what to do."

 

 

 

Words spoken that the girl couldn't understand. Situations that didn't make any sense. But something seemed like it was being pieced together. But what? The scene changed again. This time, she looked to be in her teens. She was standing near an older version of that black haired boy. He was saying something, but she couldn't make out what he was saying. She thought he asked if she was alright.

 

"I-I'm fine." She said, although she didn't feel fine. She walked over to get some water, and. . .

 

She opened her eyes. Her bedroom? She glanced over to see her mom and dad smiling in relief. So this was what she needed to piece together. . .

 

"Oh. So I fell again."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James Arthur - Alamo Executive Meeting Room

 

James took note of the pendant as Amanda clutched it before dismissing it from his mind.

 

"You are forgiven. The Power Suits were developed to be use against Team Rocket in our war against them," the Executive stated impassively.

 

James stopped himself from an adding a sarcastic 'of course' or 'obviously'. A conversation with a representative of Team Plasma was in and of itself a political act.

 

"As I stated during the presentation, the war was still actively going when the Power Suits started development. They were intended to aid our agents as they fought against Team Rocket."


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Luke - Hallway, The Alamo

"I know the general location," Ryan offered. He moved to the front of the group and led the way to the prison wing. "Back before that Manaphy Mission, I helped capture a group of Searchers and brought them here. Granted, they escaped shortly afterward, but the point is I know where we're going."

 

IC: Shannon Willows - Hallway, The Alamo

The beginning. When had this crazy journey began? When had her life turned upside-down? She wiped her tears and repositioned herself so she was sitting with her back against the wall, her hands folded over her knees. It felt strange to pour her heart out to a complete stranger, but she needed someone to vent to. "It all started one day in the middle of July . . ."

 

She briefly recounted how Ryan Hikari and a handful of his friends had come to her door to warn her of a coming invasion, how she had unsuccessfully tried to reason with the leader of the attack, her childhood friend Hannah Wright. She mentioned the subsequent appearance of Ryan's father and what she knew of his abuse. At that point a lump formed in her throat and she started to choke on her tears.

 

"I . . . I can understand why Ryan wanted to kill him. He and I have more in common than you'd think. Maybe I should have let him . . ." Her eyes grew glassy and distant for a moment before she remembered she was in the middle of a story. "Ryan can be a little extreme. He's tempestuous . . . and capricious . . . he'll do whatever it takes to protect those he cares about. But he's not a killer. And I wasn't about to let him become one." She rolled back her sleeve, revealing her residual scars. "I saved him from killing his father, and wound up in the hospital because of it."

 

She sped through the rest of her tale, how Ryan had left to help his friends rescue a little girl, and how her own Liberty parents had found her and brought her here. She told of her recent reunion with Ryan and the mass message requesting volunteers for the mission.

 

"I commend him for wanting to help, but this mission is supposed to be really, really dangerous. I tried to convince him to stay back, and when he wouldn't listen, I volunteered to go with him. After all, someone has to keep an eye on him. But my parents were there, and they stopped me." She motioned back to the wounds on her arm. "I haven't been released from the hospital yet, so even if I tried to defy my parents, the system won't let me register. But I don't want him to go! I just want to go for long walks with him. I want to talk about nothing for hours on end. I want to explore the Alamo together, to laugh at his jokes, to share fond memories. I . . . I don't want to be alone again. B-but the way they were talking about that mission, he might not . . ."

 

Shannon couldn't bring herself to finish the thought. She buried her head in her arms and wept.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Warning: some opinions are Amelia's and not my own.

 

IC: Amelia Zann (+Sina [sneasel]/+Harvey [Larvitar])/Alex Zyther (+Didi [Dedenne]/+Raleigh [Ralts]) (July 31st)

Alex looked down at the Dedenne he cradled in one arm, noting for the first time that she had lost her distinctive glow. "They're really gone, aren't they?"

 

Amelia glanced to Sina, the Sneasel ambling along obediently at her side. The Pokémon nodded curtly, returning her attention to surveying the street for suspicious activity. "'Fraid so, kid." She watched her Sneasel's eyes scan back and forth, on high alert now that her standard tricks were no longer backed by Pokémon powers. Amelia knew the Sneasel could handle herself without them--she made a point of training her team in physical combat from time to time, and apparently Sina had successfully finished off a dangerous enemy in Celadon without the need for powers. She was less sure of Harvey, but then he was the least-experienced member of her team that way. Second-least, Amelia reminded herself, remembering Qrow. They'd have to work on that.

 

Alex, for his part, felt miserable. Out of nowhere it seemed like the entire world had fallen apart while he just...slept through it. Celadon, this Amelia lady, and now whatever had happened to Pokémon powers...so many terrible things, and he'd done nothing to interfere...no, he'd been powerless to interfere. Again. He hated it.

 

Next to him, Raleigh reflected his Trainer's morose disposition. The Ralts was not the silent type by nature, and yet the mysterious flash of light had robbed him of everything. He'd made such mistakes, and strove strongly to rectify them, but it seemed the universe was not satisfied with his punishment. Even meeting Alex, the first Trainer he'd ever met who he just knew would accept him--that moment, one that ought to have been full of joy and the celebration of acquaintance, was instead filled with the silent dark of emptiness, his very voice stolen from him just hours before in the cruelest twist of fate. He was determined to make the best of the scenario, of course, but that still didn't change how that first special moment had died to strangling circumstance. He turned slightly towards Alex. Yes, he thought, he will understand. If only he could do so now, in our hour of distress. Alas.

 

Didi seemed the only Pokémon unaffected, even if she was not exactly behaving as normal. The miniscule Dedenne copied Sina's scanning, tail flicking fiercely as she prepared to defend her master at any cost. She doubted she could do much in her present state, but as in Celadon she was determined to do what she could, and hoped that the strange redheaded woman and her own Pokémon would help if it came to such situations. She had little reason to trust them so, truth be told, but then the woman had surprised her in those last moments before what seemed like certain doom. And given her own state...trust was really the only option she had.

 

Sina glanced back at the Electric/Fairy-type. Small. Weak. And yet determined. Good. They could use that. She didn't know why, but her Trainer seemed protective of the boy the Dedenne guarded--their Trainer no doubt--and so she would have to protect the civilian as well. She doubted that Harvey would pick up on the subtlety, but she knew the Larvitar was more than competent enough to protect Amelia on his own if need be, even without powers. Powers were a crutch, anyway, and despite his youthful bumbling she knew the Rock-type could see that and had put in practice without them. She trusted her teammate's overall prowess to be enough.

 

Harvey kept his gaze directed outward. The Rock-type was uncomfortable with the amount of attention the group was drawing; he'd much rather conjure up a Sandstorm to sneak through, but of course that power was beyond him at the moment. Still, staying out of sight--or at least beneath notice--was always a big part of his Trainer's objectives, so when the number of incoming stares passed an internal margin, he tugged at his Trainer's leg.

 

"What is it, Harv?" Amelia looked in the direction the Larvitar pointed, catching a number of hastily-averted gazes. She looked down at herself--she was a mess, dressed in torn rags more hole than fabric, and stained the color of dried blood. Not the most inconspicuous getup, she mused ruefully. Her companion was little better, his plain garments undamaged but more clearly intended as simple underclothes than "proper" outerwear (though perfectly fine by sane standards, in her view, the ridiculous Kalosian obsession with beauty notwithstanding). "Hey kid," she asked in a gentler tone than her usual, "know someplace 'round here we can find something decent to dress in?"

 

It took a few moments for the query to break through his somber demeanor, but the moment it did he brightened up dramatically. "This is Laverre City! We can go get something designed by Valerie!" Setting Didi on his shoulder, Alex grabbed Amelia's hand and practically dragged her towards a building at the base of the largest tree in town, a massive maple bearing a clock set into the wood itself. Though she eventually managed to shake off the kid's hand, Amelia resigned herself to follow. I did ask...

 

---------------

"Okay, are you always this eager to help people, or are y'all just that desperate to make a sale?"

 

The Furisode Girl just laughed at her. "I'll admit it's been a slow day, but really, when someone's in need in this town, we're always happy to help."

 

Amelia shook her head in disbelief. Either these people were incredibly naive, or else (and in her opinion, more likely) they were playing some angle. That made it her job to figure out what before the trap snapped shut around them.

 

An aisle over, she heard the kid gabbling away with another of the shop assistants in Kalosian. The spy rolled her eyes. Why do people even bother with that mumbjo-jumbo, just talk normal like the rest of us. Despite her disdain, however, she was smart enough not to say as much in front of actual Kalosians, which was more than she could consistently say of her own homeland.

 

"Amy Amy Amy!" came the call from the next aisle, as Alex crutched his way over to her. "How do I look?"

 

Amelia gave the kid a once-over. "...No," she declared, forgetting even to correct his flagrant misuse of her name.

 

"...But why not?" Alex gave her a puppy-dog look that might have worked on her a decade ago, but her defenses had evolved since then.

 

"Really? You're asking why you can't wear platform boots when you're on crutches."

 

"...okay, in retrospect I may have gotten caught up in the moment." The Kalosian sat down on a bench to remove the offending footwear, then shot a sideways glance at Amelia. "But the rest...?"

 

Amelia raised an eyebrow, but just shrugged. "S'not my problem, unless it slows you down or gets us grabbed. You're not exactly inconspicuous like that."

 

"Says the lady dressed like an Umbreon."

 

"Hey, I'm working with what I got here. It ain't like we're in the middle of 'Midnight-Black Athletic Wear Unlimited', in case you hadn't noticed." And besides, if I'm not gonna blend, I can at least look good.

 

"Fair enough." Alex sat in silence for a few minutes, swinging his legs. "So, I take it that means..."

 

Amelia snorted. "Buy what you want, kid, ain't like I'm paying for it."

 

"...so remember that part where I lost my wallet in Kanto?"

 

Amelia swore. "I can't afford two outfits from this place, I can't really afford even this one!"

 

"But I--"

 

"Perhaps I can offer assistance?"

 

Alex went paler, if it were possible. "M-m-miss Valerie!"

 

Amelia rolled her eyes at the starstruck boy and turned her attention to the fashionably-dressed woman before her. "So...I take it you're the designer the kid's so infatuated with?"

 

To Amelia's eternal amusement, the Kalosian's coloration reversed from pale to bright red. "I'm a fan of her work, okay?! I mean, Serena wears her designs, Amy. Serena!"

 

The Gym Leader cut in before Amelia could correct the flustered Trainer. "I'm most flattered, young man, but I am hardly the only designer worn by our former Kalos Queen."

 

"Yeah, but you're the only one who's strong enough to be a Gym Leader! Not even the newer Gym Leaders can claim that!"

 

"Gym Leader? Really?" Amelia's tone was blatantly skeptical. "And yet you design dresses for a living."

 

Valerie laughed, the sound ringing like the tinkling of bells. "That's just why I keep doing it. Because for all the people and Pokémon who put their passions into fashion and fighting, too few have a passion for both."

 

...Okay, I don't know how to talk to you. "Well, to each their own, I guess," she groused, trying to stay polite. "You said you wanted to help us with...er...our budget, as it were?" The spy was not keen on being indebted to the Gym Leader, but she grudgingly admitted that having another prominent contact in Kalos could prove useful.

 

"That's right. Now normally, I would offer you a battle for the clothes, one-on-one..."

 

"...but that's not exactly possible right now."

 

"Speak for yourself, kid, my team can handle their own just fine." She glanced over to the waiting area near the doors, where Sina and Harvey waited patiently, the former surprisingly less patiently than the latter. It's all the Fairy-types, she realized, even with them powerless, her instincts must be screaming at her right about now. She made a mental note to find something nice for her partner for putting up with all this.

 

"However, in light of the current...difficulties...we're putting together an impromptu fashion show, to try and raise the everyone's spirits. If you wanted to help us, I'd be more than happy to--"

 

"Nope. No time for that, sorry." Heck if I'm leaving Belle hanging over a fashion show...no matter how much I'd steal said show. Amelia stalked off without a second glance, leaving Alex with Valerie.

 

"...I'm sorry about her."

 

"Don't be. I'm sure she has her reasons."

 

"Yeah..." Alex shuffled his feet awkwardly, not sure what to say to his idol.

 

The Gym Leader appraised the Kalosian trainer's new outfit. "It looks good on you. A fan of Azumarill?"

 

The Trainer ducked his head in embarassment. "Steven Universe."

 

"Ahh." The Gym Leader's eyes shimmered with mirth. "That was a good episode." Her expression shifted to one of sympathy. "I'm guessing your friend...?"

 

Alex shrugged awkwardly. "I'm not really sure. We haven't...we only recently met, and she's not one for small talk." The Trainer attempted to exhale his frustration. "Not that I blame her. It's a weird situation already, and it's not like anyone else understands anyway."

 

Valerie nodded sadly. "I...can understand why you'd feel that way," she offered, "but trust me when I say you're not alone."

 

Alex started. "Huh...?"

 

"I've been in business for quite a while now, and I've seen all sorts of people come through over the years. You're not weird or strange, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, all right?"

 

The Kalosian Trainer felt a lump rising in his throat. "Uhh...thanks." He brushed himself off, feeling self-conscious now that Valerie had drawn attention to his choice of outfit. "I...I don't suppose this comes with a less...conspicuous...option?"

 

"I'm sure I can find something you'd be comfortable with," the Gym Leader replied kindly. "I'm sorry I made you feel uncomfortable."

 

"Oh...no, no!" Alex tried to reassure her, though it fell flat even to his ears. "It's just...I just...come that way. I'm always uncomfortable." He frowned at his feelings. "That's part of why I'm on my journey. I want to get stronger, manage to do things even when they're hard for me. I...that's part of why I admire you so much." The Trainer blushed deeply, the red reaching all the way to the tips of his ears.

 

Valerie smiled. "I'm honored that you find me such an inspiration, Mr....?"

 

"Hm? Oh, Zyther. Alex Zyther."

 

"As in Lionel Zyther?"

 

"Yeah, he's my dad. You know him?"

 

"We were foreign exchange students. I spent my first semester in Kalos with him and his family."

 

Alex gaped at her. Valerie grinned.

 

"Tell you what. I still owe your dad a favor or two, so why don't you just keep the outfit, on the house, and I'll just call it even."

 

The Trainer was back to being embarassed. "T-Thanks, Miss Valerie." He paused. "Oh...could you let him and Mom know I'm back in Kalos? Whoever got my bag and my wallet also took off with my Holo Caster." He quickly rattled off the castle's contact information.

 

"Of course." As she went with Alex to handle the rest of his wardrobe, the Gym Leader allowed herself a moment of reflection. So Lionel's married with kids now? How the time flies... She soon sent off the boy and his new friend with their purchases, then asked her staff to hold down the fort while she went to her quarters. "I'll be back soon," she reassured them, "I just have a call I need to make." As soon as she was out of sight, however, the Gym Leader frowned, remembering Alex's earlier words.

 

"It's a weird situation already, and it's not like anyone else understands anyway."

 

Yes, she thought, I definitely have a call to make.



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Esen Windred/Skye Hall - Command Center, The Alamo:

 

"Sure!" Skye agreed, before Esen could respond. "I don't know what we're doing between now and then, though. I don't suppose you have any ideas?"

 

 

IC - Sonja Baron/Ethan Worth - Jail Block, The Alamo:

 

"Searchers," Ethan repeated. "That's a name I haven't heard in a long time . . . A long time . . ."

 

And that was all that was said of the matter.

 

 

They had a stop to make before heading to the prison block: Executive Ladon's office. Though Ladon eyed Executive Arthur's signature with some suspicion, she nonetheless accepted the letter. All things considered, the meeting went exactly as Sonja had figured it would--short, terse, and somewhat tense, but ultimately productive.

 

With the approval of three Executives in hand, the group proceeded to the elevators. Processing their entry into the prison block took some time, and so they took a moment in the lobby to compile the questions they wanted to ask. Before long, they were led down the halls to their quarries. They came upon a junction, at which point the group split--Sonja and Ethan to Hayes's cell while Evan, Ryan, Luke, and Chloe headed to Ford's.

 

The walk to Hayes cell did not take long. The light was on when they arrived, but no sounds of movement came from within. Sonja gave their escort an apprehensive smile, silently hinting that she and Ethan would be fine on their own. The guard took the hint, moving down the hall until he was out of earshot. Ethan knocked on the wall beside the gate, peering in.

 

"Miss Hayes?" he called. "We've got some questions for you, if you don't mind the intrusion."

 

Silence. Then, Hayes appeared, arms crossed and her brow furrowed in annoyance from the second interruption that day. Upon seeing who her visitors were, however, her expression softened into one of surprise. "Sonja?"

 

Sonja offered a half-smile. "Hey, sis."


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IC: Xander Cruize - Alamo Hallway, Four Island

 

Ryan Hikari, of course. Which must mean . . . "So you're the girl he spent so much time on the boat talking to." He sighed. "I haven't talked much with Ryan, but I feel like you're right. He's going to try and help, no matter what."

 

He glanced at the crying girl and chewed his lip before continuing. "I also got told I can't go on this mission because of my injuries, so I can understand where you're coming from. I'd really like to be there to help my friends, and it sucks to find out that I can't. 

 

"Like I told someone else not too long ago, though, you have to hope that everything will work out, because sometimes it's all you have." He sighed again. "I know that probably isn't very comforting. Sorry, I'm usually better with these things."

 

IC: Kure Shoken

 

Things seemed to be taking a turn for the worse. Kure sat quietly, reviewing the audio that she'd picked up from her agent's Pokénav. Each piece of overheard dialogue deepened the worry growing inside of her.

 

Her trusty Arbok seemed to sense her displeasure. He raised his great head and hissed softly. Kure set her device aside and turned back to her computer to enter more data. "Everything will be fine, I'm sure," she said, more to herself than to the poison Pokémon. "She knows how to handle herself, and if things get out of hand . . ."

 

What would she do? She had not had direct contact with the agent for several weeks, now, and it was that contact that kept the agent loyal. She hummed, typing up quick ideas for solutions without thinking them through. When in doubt, she found it best to get every idea in a tangible form so she could review them at leisure.

 

Perhaps it was time to call the agent back, remove her from the current situation. After all, her goal was completed, and Kure was wanting to give her a reward for a job well done. It was so rare that the agent received such gifts; most of the time, she simply completed one duty and moved on to the next one with maybe a bit of rest in between.

 

She put the idea into the document and turned away again, observing the Pokéball on her desk. Carefully, she picked it up and cradled it in her hand. It was one of the few remaining memories she had of her dearly departed, and it would make a fine show of kindness to pass it on to someone who could truly use its talents. She herself wasn't much of a battler, though her team could hold its own long enough to make a getaway.

 

Perhaps it would be bad if she pulled the agent away. After all, she seemed to be having concerns about her status. Perhaps some time away was what was really needed. She entered the idea into the log, and realized that she could cement the agent's loyalty without calling her back from across the sea.

 

She smiled softly and looked at the clock. It was late -- or early, depending on how one looked at it -- and the agent wouldn't wake for several more hours in any case. She would have breakfast, take a walk around the compound, and then she would call. She would order the agent to a Pokémon Center and transfer the creature there.

 

Alma would probably be overjoyed.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

As the group approached the cell where Ford was being kept, Chloe thought over everything she had heard. For every good thing she could think of, she could pick out the bad things that she'd heard. Despite never actually having run into the man personally, she had run into the after-effects of his actions. From Bluefalcon, to Blackskull's apparent death before he'd reappeared at. . . some point while they were in Unova apparently... Chloe definitely knew that the man was not all good. She knew he was their only hope at this point, and hoped that it was worth it. Something about the atmosphere of the group felt. . . different too. As if though the group contained a good number of the same people they in Unova, that something wasn't unified about them still.

 

Their escort left them at the entrance to Ford's cell. Chloe felt apprehensive about the idea suddenly, but knew she couldn't just back out, as she tapped the record button on her Pokegear's sound app. It was now or never, and she felt that she needed to muster up even a tiny bit of the courage she had obtained in her travels in Unova.

 

"Hello, Mr. Ford? We have some questions for you - we wish to help get info to better prepare everyone for the fight against those things from Two Island."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

The assassin was at a loss. What -could- they do to pass the time? Being who she was, she felt something carefree wouldn't work for her. She looked at Esen, noting that she seemed very ready for this mission, then turned her gaze at Skye. Compared to herself and Esen, she looked "soft". Despite her going on the mission, that didn't mean she was -ready- for it.

For the sake of the mission, the logical course of action would be.....

"Skye, Could we work on potentially improving your ability to defend yourself?" The raven-haired woman's thoughts echoed. "Forgive me, but you look sort of like you haven't exactly learned how to defend your self. If you wouldn't mind.......would you mind taking a few lessons from me?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James Arthur - Alamo Executive Meeting Room

 

James took note of the pendant as Amanda clutched it before dismissing it from his mind.

 

"You are forgiven. The Power Suits were developed to be use against Team Rocket in our war against them," the Executive stated impassively.

 

James stopped himself from an adding a sarcastic 'of course' or 'obviously'. A conversation with a representative of Team Plasma was in and of itself a political act.

 

"As I stated during the presentation, the war was still actively going when the Power Suits started development. They were intended to aid our agents as they fought against Team Rocket."

IC: Amanda Zarth

After a few moments' careful study, Amanda nodded. "Very well." She took a few notes, and then: "Incidentally, I was personally impressed by the concept of assessing agents' Type Affinity Potential, and believe it would be a useful metric for general asset assessment. I believe both our Teams would benefit from a more widespread use of such a protocol." Not directly requesting, but implying a desire for the analytical metric in such a way that suggested Liberty could gain favor with Plasma for offering it freely, perhaps enough to partially offset the inevitable fears that would be brought up by the reveal of the new technology, regardless of her report and his assurances. She could not be sure that Executive Arthur could read such intentions, of course, but she considered it a likelihood, and offering him this small opportunity would be a useful test of her assessment of him.

 

She reached the end of her notes. While there were doubtless any number of technical inquiries to be made, they were better left to technical staff and later discussion. The only question that remained was a more personal one. She grasped her pendant once more--this time, closing her eyes briefly and allowing herself a quiet breath--before she resumed speaking. "A last concern--one not official, but potentially relevant." She wished she could calculate how relevant--under normal circumstances she would not express such vague concerns to a non-Plasma official, but given the likely importance of this mission even outside the realm of joint operations, it was a variable she could not afford to keep hidden. "I noticed a 'Jamie Arthur' mentioned by various attendees of the briefing, as well as listed on the T.A.P. assessment sheet." She paused. How to continue? Inquire of a relation? Ask generally about her? No, irrelevant, the pressing concern is the concern itself. "During a chance encounter with her earlier today, as well as in all subsequent encounters since then, I experienced an unexpected instinctive reaction toward her--I believe the colloquial term is a 'gut response'. The primary output of this response seems to be a general feeling of unease, the context of which I have thus far been unable to discern. While I would not normally bring forward such vague intelligence, under the present sensitive circumstances I felt this may be necessary tactical information for you as the primary Executive leading the operation." A normal response to the circumstances would be to chew one's lip, but Amanda did not ordinarily experience such responses. The fact that she had experienced a response towards the Heroine of Time was in part why the concern was so pressing--but volunteering that information at present seemed unnecessary, even to a potential ally. Instead, she merely waited for the Executive's reply.



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Shannon Willows - Hallway, The Alamo

"It feels like that's all I'm good for," Shannon muttered, keeping her head buried in her arms. "Waiting and hoping for the best. What good does it do? My hope can't do a darn thing for Ryan when he's out there and I'm stuck back here."

 

IC: Ryan Sanders - Ford's Cell, Alamo Prisons

John Ford. The Shadowed Man. Ryan had vivid memories of standing next to Blackskull while the silhouetted figure taunted them over Bluefalcon's death. For the next thirteen months, Ford had been an ever-present, ever-mysterious threat. They had chased dimensional disturbances in Unova and found one of his agents. When they had fought Sombra and the rest of the Ancient Darkrai, Ford's own Darkrai turned out to be an Ancient himself. Hoenn's elected president, a man who rose to power in the wake of Ace's death, was really Ford's First Child. The man was everywhere, and yet he was nowhere.

 

It was only when he had come out of the shadows that his true objective had been revealed. And he had come out of the shadows quite literally. This was only the second time Ryan had seen the man's face, and his first time seeing him up close. He was older than Ryan had imagined. Gone was that smug confidence that had come with anonymity so long ago. Stripped of his title, The Shadowed Man could have been mistaken for any other man. It was hard to believe he was really the same person that had committed all those crimes, and even harder to believe that he was one of the only people with an inkling of what those things from Two Island were.

 

Time was of the essence, and so Ryan got straight to the first question. "In the chaos right after that giant blob dropped out of the ceiling, I found one of your magic cards. Adams told me it was supposed to reverse the first card and turn Pokémon powers back on. I gave it to Bounty and he used it in the same way you used the first card . . . so why are our Pokémon still powerless?"

 

IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow - Command Center, The Alamo

The room had quickly grown uncomfortably empty. Madison stood by herself, appearing to study her data pad while trying to ignore the argument breaking out across the room. It wasn't hard to guess why Shannon had run out of the room; she had been lucky to avoid getting flagged by the ID checkers prior to the briefing. While Madison understood the reason behind the precaution, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl. She seemed so full of energy that one might never have guessed she had just snuck out of the medical wing.

 

Madison let her eyes scan the room, and saw that Lucia was among the few lurkers still in the room. She started to wander over to the healer, figuring idle chitchat was better than staring at a screen, but stopped and ran in the opposite direction when Dack walked through the door.

 

"You sure took your time getting here," she said as she threw her arms around him.

 

"Only because I was with the others planning up a way for us all to not die." Dack halfheartedly returned the embrace. "Madison, do you have any idea what you're getting yourself into? Those things are beyond dangerous. I know you keep insisting you can fight, but this is unlike anything you've ever seen before. Liberty and Rocket alike are totally unprepared for this."

 

"That's why they're trying to gather information," Madison said, holding up her data pad. "Look, we're using these power suits so we'll have some form of defense. This is the best way to learn how the Missing Zero thinks and acts. Without this mission, it will just continue to spread and we'll have no clue how to stop it."

 

Dack took the data pad from Madison's hands and stared at it in disbelief. "That only makes it worse. You can command your Pokémon just fine, but do you have any combat experience yourself? Directing a fight and actually being in one are two totally different scenarios."

 

Madison put a hand over Dack's shoulder and calmly led him further into the room. "See that girl?" She pointed at Lucia. "She's just a healer, and likely only came here because of her friend Jamie. But she's still choosing to help, because she wants to do her part. Because if we don't know what we're up against, we won't stand a chance when it really matters. I've done enough sitting around on the sidelines; I want to help. I need to help."

 

Dack bit his lip. and lowered his voice. "Even as we speak, Ethan and the others are on their way to talk to Ford and Hayes. They're the ones who can tell us how to stop this thing. There's no need to go on a suicide mission. It's too dangerous."

 

"I'm sure Liberty and Rocket have already questioned Ford." A sly grin crossed Madison's face. "And I thought you might say something about it being too dangerous. That's why you're coming with me!" Before Dack could protest, Madison had taken his hand and dragged him over to one of the nearby techs. "Excuse me!" she called out. "My friend here was hoping to volunteer. Are there any open spots left?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jake Harris - Eterna City

 

"Perfect," Jake said with a perfect smile as he inspected the road sign in front of him. "It's a straight shot to Eterna City down the road."

 

A joyful cry came from the Pikachu on his head.

 

"Alright, let's go and tell the others," Jake said as he turned and looked at the large house once again. "Huh, wonder what they've found in there?"

 

 

IC: Richard Apollo - Alamo Command Center

 

Richard Apollo glanced at the door before looking at the datapad in front of him. The highest number by far was Normal, but as it was unavailable, it chose Water for him next.

 

"Water type, eh? Got to be something for me here," Richard mentioned to himself as he looked through the list of water type moves. Most Pokemon moves that dealt with sound were Normal-Type to Richard's knowledge. Close to the bottom of the list was one move he hadn't heard of before.

 

"Sparkling Aria... hmm... Well it's something," he said popping up from his seat. He began humming an aria to himself as he left the room, placing his violin back in its case, and letting the patient Sableye who was holding it reclaim his spot on the bard's shoulder.

 

He looked around outside the room, scanning all directions until he found Claus walking away. He walked quickly up to Claus and tapped his shoulder.

 

"Hey you, alright?" Richard asked as Claus turned around. The technician who was going around disqualifying people had nearly skipped Claus, but he was caught in the end. Apparently he missed the cut on the age limit and was disqualified.

 

"Hmm? Oh, it's you Richard," Claus said. "So you volunteered, too?"

 

"Yup, water seems to be the type I'm going in. At least that's what that little screen thingee told me," Richard said.

 

"I don't need that machine they were using to tell me I would've gotten Fire," Claus said proudly tapping Flint and Porky's Poke Balls. "I was gonna make some more poffins. Want to join me?"

 

"Sure," Richard said as he followed Claus into a kitchen.

 

Claus checked the stores for ingredients while telling Richard which bowls and utensils they were going to need to bake the poffins. The toughest part in Claus's opinion, was picking the right berries. He eventually chose to use Bluk and Wepear berries as the base. He figured it was something that both Hades and Flint would like. After mixing the initial ingredients into a dough, they lit the stove and began to stir.

 

While they were spinning, Richard spoke up, "Is it irony that I volunteered for this mission to make sure you'd be okay, and now I'm going and you're not?"

 

Claus laughed, a bit bitter but also genuinely amused.

 

"I think it's only irony if you volunteering meant I couldn't go. As it is, it's just a coincidence?"

 

"Heh. Fair enough-"

 

"Slow down, you're going to spill it!" Claus interjected noting the bard's speed. "Keep matching my pace."

 

Richard nodded, shutting up. They two continued to stir at a synchronized pace, until the dough began brown and tough to move. At that point, Claus began spinning at a speed that Richard couldn't hope to match. The bard threw all the force he had into spinning the dough like Claus did, but he could hardly match half of Claus's speed. Richard was nearly exhausted by the time Claus turned off the flames.

 

"I think I can finish the rest of it on my own. I'll deliver some for your team tomorrow as well," Claus said with a smile as he wiped sweat from his brow.

 

"Alright, I'll see you later then," Richard said, taking off the apron Claus made him wear. Picking up his violin case, from where he had left it, he nodded to Claus and left the room.

 

"He can bounce back rather quickly, can't he Hades," he asked as the Sableye once again reclaimed his space on Richard's shoulder.

 

I think he's just good at pouring his frustration into something. Kinda like someone else I know, the Sableye commented. I think that's why you two get along so well.

 

 

IC: James Arthur - Alamo Executive Meeting Room

 

A light appeared in the back of James's eye as Amanda spoke and a smile showed on his face. "In the spirit of good will I could share the equation. I authored the equation, actually. The simplified equation is a simple matter of counting the types of Pokemon and their move sets, but the extended equation is designed to take in factors such as experience into account and to prevent ties. If you will inform the Bishops of our good intentions, both in general and explicitly regarding the power suits, then I would gladly be willing to show a copy of my equation."

 

"As for your reaction to my sister... I have no idea what could have caused that. I can keep that in mind, however."

 

James had to admit he found such a reaction odd. Jamie, causing unease? Exhaustion, maybe, but he never thought she'd inspire unease in people.

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ryan Hikari==-

Ryan grit his teeth as he watched Shannon run out of the room. He turned back to Theodore and Ava with a pointed look on his face. He didn't know why he felt this was his concern, but. . . no. He did know - it was because Shannon was one of the only people who refused to lose hope in him, even if he didn't deserve it sometimes.

 

"And where was this concern last month?" Ryan said with an edge to his voice. "Where was it when you were responsible for taking her away from her friends, and then attacking the very town you used to live in? Where was it when Celadon was under attack?" He struggled to keep his tone under control as he felt like their attitudes themselves were starting to get him angry. "I don't like it when people try to micromanage every single aspect of someone's life, and then turn around and say it's for their own good. Coming over and starting to yell at someone like that and making a scene. . . how do you think the target of that would feel? How do you think Shannon feels right now? Have you ever actually considered her, or even gotten to know her?"

 

Ryan stopped for a while, and then turned away. "I may not know her well even now, but at least I listen and don't try to make excuses. You've just proven that you don't." Without waiting for an answer, and thinking that he heard someone protesting his last sentence, Ryan began to walk toward the exit.

 

-==IC: Ray==-

 

The trio walked quickly through the halls toward the last place Ray had seen Jenny. He had been sending off messages to his sister since they had left the room, but not a single one of them got a reply. Alana seemed uneasy as they walked but Ray didn't feel comfortable with asking what was wrong. As they reached the hospital wing, he spotted the girl with beige hair from before.

 

"Wait here for a moment, I'm gonna talk to her for a moment." The separatist knew that Colette had been one of the last people to talk to Jenny. He also considered that Evan might know, but. . . he had a bad feeling for some reason, and didn't want to worry anyone if it really was nothing. Shaking his head to clear the thought, Ray approached the girl and felt uneasy as she looked up. Her eyes were redder than when he had last seen her, and she looked almost worried. What was causing this feeling. . .?

 

"Heya." Ray said simply, but the girl averted her gaze. He bit his lip as he tapped her on the shoulder. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" He felt as if he didn't want to know the answer to that question. . . and from the looks of the aura wielder, she felt similarly. He watched as she took a deep breath.

 

"Jenny fell. It. . . it was sudden, and I didn't know what to actually do, so I called for the doctor and such, and they rushed her here. I-I haven't heard anything yet, but I don't even know what caused her to fall. One second she was okay, then I turned around and she was just laying on the ground." Ray stood there in shock. Was this what his mother had meant. . .? He focused further and noticed that Colette seemed to be shaking.

 

"Don't worry." The young man smiled even as Colette seemed surprised by that response. "Jenny's tough - she wouldn't let a simple fall get to her." It was false bravado - Ray knew that the girl could tell, but. . . "Don't worry. Everything will be okay. It'll be... okay. . ." Maybe if he repeated it enough times, it would be true. Movement out of the corner of his eyes caught his attention. He turned his head and saw a nurse approach the two of them.

 

"Hello. Are you a relative of Jenny Hakuda's?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize

 

He sighed, not entirely sure what to say to her. He felt like he was hitting the same conversations with different people, and each one was wearing him down more than the last. "I know it sucks, but sometimes that's how it is. Sometimes the only thing you can do is hope and bet here in spirit." He shifted, wincing as he jostled his arm.

 

"In the meantime, work on bettering yourself so that you can do more in the future. In my case, I mostly need to try and get up to a clean bill of health. I don't know your circumstances, but . . ." He shrugged lightly, glancing at her then looking away. "I'm assuming that you got turned away for similar reasons, right? So try to rest and make yourself better. Once you're at one-hundred percent, then you can start improving from there, too."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Theodore Willows/Ava Willows/Jayron Aaron - Command Center, The Alamo

Mr. Willows felt his temper rising. "How dare you speak of things you know nothing about!" he called after the black-haired man. He started after him, but Jayron stepped into his path.

 

The executive leveled his eyes on Theodore, an aura sphere glowing in his gloved hand. "Don't."

 

Theodore growled. "That boy has no right--"

 

"He speaks brashly and without respect, but he's not our concern." Ava gently pulled her husband back, although her eyes remained trained on the black-haired man. "At least, not at the moment."

 

Sensing the tension lifting, Jayron allowed his aura sphere to dissipate. "I don't know your family situation," he said sternly. "But you cannot afford to let your personal problems compromise this mission. On the battlefield, Ryan Hikari is your ally, and you will treat him as such. Whatever issues you have with him, you can work those out after the mission. Do I make myself clear?"

 

Theodore could feel his blood boiling, but forced himself to remain calm. He bit his lip and gave a curt nod. "Yes, sir."

 

Jayron turned his eyes on Ava. The woman gave a slight smile. "My husband can get a little overemotional at times. He didn't expect to see our daughter here, that's all. I'll make sure he stays in line."

 

Satisfied that the current crisis had been, for the moment, averted, Jayron turned and walked away. He had only gone a few steps before he stopped and glanced over his shoulder. "Like I said, I don't know your family situation. But it sounds to me like you should have a talk with your daughter before you go."

 

IC: Shannon Willows - Halllway, The Alamo

"Once I'm at one-hundred percent . . ." Shannon repeated. As far as her parents were concerned, she had been completely bedridden for the past three weeks. The truth of it was, she had recovered far more than she had let on. Her feigned weakness and pain had kept her in the hospital, away from her parents' authoritarian command. And now that same lie that kept her from her parents was keeping her from Ryan. She tilted her head back and laughed bitterly at the irony.

 

Ryan and her parents. She couldn't have one without the other. Love and hate . . . two sides of the same coin.

 

"It's my own fault," she said with a wry smile. "I brought this upon myself. Which means . . . I might still have a chance to make things right." She sat up straighter as an idea started to form in her mind. It would be a long shot, especially if her parents found out about it, but if she could check herself out of the hospital, then she'd no longer be a patient and she could register for the mission. Then not even her parents would be able to stop her. Shannon got to her feet and smiled at the man. "Thank you . . . you've given me more than just hope. Good luck on your recovery. It's time I made my own."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize

 

As the woman ran off, Xander pushed off of the wall. He had helped her, which should have felt good. Instead, he felt slightly hollow, as if he'd been giving pieces of himself to people and just now noticed it.

 

With a soft sigh he headed back to wait outside the conference room.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jamie Arthur - Alamo

 

Despite what Ray had said, Jamie followed Ray closer to Colette so she could hear her response. She looked from Ray to Colette with a look of confusion on her face. She could feel the tension in the room, she knew where they were, and yet none of it quite made sense to her.

 

It was just someone falling down right?

 

She'd tripped before, and sure it hurt but it wasn't something you'd go to the hospital for. It could've been a really high fall, but that didn't sound like what Colette was describing. She was about to speak up when a nurse came by and asked Ray if he was a relative of Jenny. Jamie promptly zipped her lip to wait for Ray to respond before she would ask anything.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ray Hakuda==-

 

"I'm her brother." Ray said after a moment of wondering what this was all about. The nurse gave a small smile at that, and nodded for a moment. Colette looked up at the nurse uneasily, as the two of them wondered what the nurse would said about Jenny's condition.

 

"Alright. Right this way, then - you too, Ms. Llyan. Ms. Hakuda asked for you two specifically when she woke up. Anyone else who wants to visit too are welcome." The nurse's words seemed to bring a wave of relief with them. Ray nodded, as he motioned to the other two. He noticed Jamie had followed, but didn't blame her for being curious. The Separatist wondered just why he had been so worried in the first place, and had a nagging feeling that he was forgetting something crucial. . .

 

The trip to the girl's room didn't take too long, and when the door opened, Jenny glanced over in surprise for one moment, and then broke out into a large smile. "You're all here!" As she spoke, Ray noticed a bandage around his sister's head, and wondered if she had hit it when she fell. Colette hadn't mentioned it but considering the state she had been in when explaining, Ray didn't blame her at all. Jenny's eyes trained on the newcomer to the group, however. "Huh? Who are you?" The redhead asked, as the black haired woman stepped forward with a smile. Ray noticed that the nurse wasn't around, and nodded to his mother, indicating that it was okay to explain.

 

"I'm your mother - my hair might be different, but-" The woman gasped as Jenny threw her arms around Alana quickly. It was obvious that she had not been expecting such an upbeat reaction, and Ray let out a small chuckle at the sight. After a few moments, Jenny leaned back with a wide smile, and laughed.

"Ray told me you were dead! I'm glad to see you, though. I'll admit that my memories are still a little fuzzy, but, I'm really glad you're here too." Ray looked over and noticed Alana giving him a skeptical look, which then melted away as she laughed too.

 

"It's a long story, but to everyone that being dead would matter to, I am. To those I care about, I am still here. I may not be here forever, but now that the family's being reunited again, I intend to make every moment count. . . even if it could be under better conditions." The woman sighed for a moment, but then frowned slightly as she looked at Jenny closely. "Changing the subject quickly, are you alright? How bad was the fall? Were you hurt badly?"

 

Jenny waved her hand dismissingly with a smile. "I'm fine! It wasn't bad at all; I'm up and at 'em already, see?" She giggled slightly, as Alana seemed to relax a bit. "I think I just overdid it in the heat and all; plus, everything's been stressful and such. . . but I'm fine now, alright?" Ray noticed that she looked away for a moment before saying she was fine the second time. "I probably should get some rest just to make sure I'm 100%, but I'm okay otherwise~"

 

Alana smiled, and nodded. "All right. . . I was just a little worried that your anemia might be acting up. I'm not sure how things were when you had disappeared, but I'm glad it kept away." Ray noticed that Jenny seemed a little confused about that, but she quickly hid it with a smile and nod. "Especially since its cause. . ." The mother trailed off before she could continue, and shook her head. "That doesn't matter. What matters is you're okay."

Edited by Blessed Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IC: Alma Mason/Belle LaDonna
 
Alma woke again as the sun was rising. She tried not to wake Belle as she slipped out of bed, but the bounty hunter was a light sleeper. She cracked on eye open and yawned widely.
 
"Morning, kid. Sleep alright?"
 
"I slept well, thank you. Would you like to shower first?" She had learned pretty quickly that Bele jumped at the chance to shower first. For someone who spent her life on the road, she had a strange obsession with cleanlines.
 
"Sure thing." Belle stod, stretching. "I'll be out in fifteen." As the bathroom door closed, Alma checked her PokéNav and saw a message. She opened it quickly, knowing that only one person had her number.
 

You deserve a reward for a job well done. Call me and I will transfer it to you.

 
She hurried to dress and went out to the main lobby to do as ordered.She didn't use the video function, knowing her master would want to keep his identity concealed from others. A brief exchange ensued, where her master congratulated her on her success against Roderick Krane and then sent the reward that had been promised.
 
Alma was mildly surprised when the Pokéball apppeared, but she thanked her master graciously before hanging up. She scooped the Pokéball from the device and headed back to the room to meet her new teammate.

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: James Arthur - Alamo Executive Meeting Room

 

A light appeared in the back of James's eye as Amanda spoke and a smile showed on his face. "In the spirit of good will I could share the equation. I authored the equation, actually. The simplified equation is a simple matter of counting the types of Pokemon and their move sets, but the extended equation is designed to take in factors such as experience into account and to prevent ties. If you will inform the Bishops of our good intentions, both in general and explicitly regarding the power suits, then I would gladly be willing to show a copy of my equation."

 

"As for your reaction to my sister... I have no idea what could have caused that. I can keep that in mind, however."

 

James had to admit he found such a reaction odd. Jamie, causing unease? Exhaustion, maybe, but he never thought she'd inspire unease in people.

IC: Amanda Zarth

"Of course, Executive. I will add such reassurance to my report." The Plasma functionary drew a business card from an inner pocket of her jacket and offered to the Executive. "Thank you for your time, Executive Arthur. Please feel free to contact me at any time should the necessity arise." Her business concluded, Amanda offered the Executive a respectful nod before leaving to find or message her superiors, and then--barring unforseen complications--return to her quarters to rest.

 

As she headed down the hallway, she reflected briefly on the encounter. Though it was unfortunate that the Executive could not aid in her personal inquiry, he had proven both professional and proficient in his role. On the whole...

 

She opened a file, adding a new line to the bottom.

 

Executive James Arthur (Team Liberty, Kanto): ASSET


 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Feral Tierra

Thud
 

After Jenny fell, Feral was in overdrive. He checked to make sure there was no immediate damage to Jenny. Despite the fact he was sealed in her, there were no two ways about it: he was afraid something happened to her. From what he could tell, she was still breathing, her heart was OK. If either weren't in good condition, she'd be gone.....and so would he.

Some time later, it seemed she had woke up, but Feral could tell she had been moving to a hospital room. It seemed, a little while later, that the redhead was as bubbly, if not moreso. "Glad to see you are feeling better, airhead." The Shadow spoke. "You seem rather happy. Did someone pay you a visit? I can't exactly see what you see, so tell me later, ok?" Despite how rough he sounded, he was genuinely worried about what happened earlier. Clearing his would-be throat, Feral spoke again, sounding a lot more sincere this time.

"Please don't worry me like that again, huh? Not just because I live in you now, but because......Evan would worry too."


The creature was shocked at his own words, that he would care about he who he sprang from. Dismissing how that would be a bad thing, the doppelganger of the Hero of Space, began humming pleasantly, to keep his jailer in high spirits....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo
"Well, four brains are better than two," Dahlia said with a smile. "Now that we've found each other, we might as well stick together. By the way, you'll never guess what I managed to do!" The middle Seaton proudly pulled the resealed soda can out of her bag and passed it to Olivia. "I owe it all to Jared's teaching; he's fantastic!"
 
IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow - Command Center, The Alamo
The technician appeared just as surprised as Dack. "Well, you've already missed the briefing, so your friend will have to fill you in on the details. Can I see some ID?"

"W-wait, Madison, can we talk about this?" The tightened grip on his arm suggested they couldn't. With a heavy sigh, Dack fished out his ID card.

The technician scribbled down a few notes then handed the card back along with a data pad. "This will register you for the mission," he said, going into a brief explanation about the Power Suits and the T.A.P. calculation. "You'll be able to train with your suit tonight, and you'll leave for the mission tomorrow morning."
 
Dack thanked the tech before leading Madison out of earshot. "You're incorrigible, you know that?"
 
The skier giggled innocently. "So you're game?"
 
"We're all gonna be hunted like game if this thing is as bad as everyone's making it out to be." Dack rolled his eyes, but found he couldn't stay mad at Madison. "Regardless, you and I are gonna have our own little briefing with Luke tomorrow morning. We need to know what Ford has to say about these monsters."
 
"Of course." Madison busied herself placing Anzu's Pokéball into her data pad. "But fighting the Missing Zero is like skiing: you can learn about it all you want, but nothing beats firsthand experience. Oh, darn! The Ice Suit's already taken! Guess that leaves me with Ghost . . ."
 
"How fitting," Dack muttered. "Your dragging me into this is sure to haunt me for the rest of my life."
 
Madison ignored the jab and instead peered over his shoulder. "What'd you get?"
 
"Well, out of the top five results, it looks like the only ones left are Steel and Fire." Dack weighed the choice. "Steel sounds like the better option for keeping you safe."
 
"Nope. You're getting Fire." Madison reached over to select T-07.
 
"Hey, what gives?" Dack cried. "You can't just choose my suit for me!"
 
Madison folded her arms over her chest with a knowing smirk. "Trust me on this one. I've been around you long enough to know your fighting style. Steel is too defensive for you. You'll do better in a suit built for firepower, no pun intended."
 
"Well, I guess the damage is done," Dack muttered as he retrieved his Pokéballs. "But you'd better not tell Luke you picked my suit for me. He'll never let me live it down."

IC: Shannon Willows - Medical Wing, The Alamo
"Fill out this paperwork and submit it to the front desk, and we'll have a doctor instigate your check-out tomorrow morning."

Shannon felt her stomach drop as the receptionist handed her a stack of papers. "Tomorrow?! But that'll be too late! I need to check out now!"

The receptionist appeared unfazed by her plea. "It's protocol for our doctors to perform a final assessment of your health before we can check you out of our system. And our doctors are already booked for the rest of the day. I'm sorry, Miss Willows, but tomorrow is the earliest we can get you out of here."

Shannon slammed her hand on the counter. "Then screw the protocol! Copy the results of my last assessment or something, I don't care. I'll come back for an official assessment later, but right now I can't be flagged as a patient!"

The receptionist leaned back in his chair, making a great effort to not yell back at the girl. "I might be more inclined to help you," he said slowly, "if you hadn't come in through that door." Shannon gulped as she followed the man's eyes toward the medical wing's exit. "I have no record of you leaving Medical, Miss Willows." The receptionist spoke slowly, a hint of warning in his voice. "In fact, the doctor ordered you to bedrest. Now, I might be willing to overlook this offense if you return to your room, fill out your paperwork, and comply with the proper check-out protocol."

"Just when I thought this day couldn't get any worse." Shannon snatched the papers off the counter and shot the receptionist the most spiteful glare she could muster before storming off to her hospital room. She slammed the door, threw herself onto the bed, and screamed into her pillow. Hot tears rolled down her cheek as reality reared its ugly head. She couldn't stop Ryan from going on the mission, and she couldn't go with him. Jamie, Lucia, and Madison seemed to have had no problem registering. Once again, Shannon found herself all alone in the world.

IC: Zoe Llyan - The Alamo, Four Island
"Target acquired." Zoe crouched against the wall as she had done so many times on her trips to and from school. Her hand closed around her locket as she grimly assessed the situation before her.

Mr. Kallan had lost his class' concentration the moment he had walked out of the room. When the teacher had returned, he at first tried to ignore the bombardment of questions his students threw at him and instead continue the lesson where he had left off. Eventually he learned that his students would not rest until they had an answer, and so he gave the vaguest response he could, that the alert was related to a top secret Liberty operation that even he didn't know about. He had hoped the simple explanation would put his students' minds at ease. Instead they only became more agitated.

By the time school had ended for the day, Zoe was wrought with fear and worry. As she glumly began the long walk home, she found she couldn't look forward to going from a classroom that despised her to a family that ignored her. That was when she found something that would make her feel better.

There was no mistaking her target, but she would have to wait for the opportune moment. And so with an uncharacteristic patience she waited. Like a prowling Pyroar, she crept through the shadows at a safe distance.

She found herself in the cafeteria. It was too early for dinner, but that didn't stop a few of the hungrier agents from taking advantage of the small crowd. Her target, apparently, was one of them. The older man left to get food. He was the one Zoe had recognized, but it hadn't been hard to discern her target's identity.

The young girl sat alone at a table as she waited for her father to return. Zoe casually walked up to her.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find my sister?"

Ellen Burks shook her head. "Sorry, I don't. Are you lost?"

"If I was, Collie would find me." With the blinding speed of a Ninjask, Zoe whirled around and punched the girl in the face, knocking her to the ground. "This is all your fault! You're the reason Collie's so depressed!" Seeing Ellen about to get up, Zoe tackled her back down and began beating her relentlessly. "If you hadn't gone and gotten yourself lost, you wouldn't have needed Collie to rescue you! She never would've left me! You broke my Collie, so now I'm going to break you!"

Ellen merely raised her arms in a pitiful attempt to ward off the blows. Her eyes filled with tears, but they weren't tears of pain. It was like she knew she deserved this punishment and was resigned to her fate. She waited until Zoe had finished her rant, and then sadly looked her assailant in the eyes. "I'm so sorry . . ."

Zoe hesitated. This was not the reaction she had expected. Her expression hardened and she delivered another punch. "Sorry isn't good enough!" she cried through her own tears. "Sorry won't bring Collie back! She won't even talk to me, and it's all because of you!"

"What is the meaning of this?!" A pair of hands roughly grabbed Zoe from behind and tore her away from her target. "Get the **** away from my daughter!"

She landed hard on the ground, the wind suddenly knocked out of her. Gasping for breath, Zoe picked herself up and became slowly aware of murmuring crowd that had gathered around the one-sided fight. Ellen painfully got up, assuring her father that she was fine. Zoe had given her a black eye.

This was supposed to make her feel better. Instead she felt sick.

Zoe ran out the door in a fit of tears.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IC: Sylph - Alamo

She returned her teammates and strapped them to the belt before heading back inside. Having several small creatures trailing her would have been crowded and rude to anyone else in the hallway.

 

With a soft sigh, she made her way carefully through the halls, taking the correct turns to the Pokémon Center to rejuvinate herself and the rest of the team. The nurse on duty seemed surprised to have a Gardevoir approach her, and even more surprised when said Gardevoir politely (and vocally) asked her to return her to her ball for healing and then re-release her, but she complied.

 

After the healing, Sylph stretched and put the belt back on before making her way back to the barracks. Xander seemed to be missing, so she set the belt on the bed and went to try and track him down. Unfortunately, he still seemed to be gone to the mission briefing. Not wanting to interrupt anything, she decided she'd wander the halls of the Alamo, get a feel for the layout.

 

 

IC: Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon

Jared flushed at the praise, and shoved his hands in his pockets. "I'm sure you would have figured it out without me."

 

Lachina chuckled, elbowing him int he ribs. "Aaw, look at him be humble. You did good, Mer-- Jared. Sorry."

 

"No worries." He smiled lightly. "Really though, you would have figured it out eventually. I just helped you along a bit."

 

IC

 

He threw a punch that the Arcanine narrowly dodged, and he let that carry him directly into a kick to the canine's side. As the fire type fell back, he spun to block an attack form Talonflame.

 

He was about to grab the bird's legs when the master blew the whistle. "Enough!" his gruff voice interupted. "Inigo, you've won, come back."

 

He relaxed, making his way over to the man and bowing. Talonflame swooped around and perched on the master's arm, letting the man stroke along his beak.

 

"You do well in tandem, but you need to vary things up. You got predictable, and Inigo punished you for it." He chuckled. "But at least you did enough to become predictable. Shere, I thought you were braver than that," he said with a grin towards the Arcanine. The canine grumbled, trotting over and flopping at the master's feet.

 

"Oh, don't give me the old man act." The man prodded Shere Khan lightly, chuckling. The Arcanine whined and rolled onto his back.

 

"Alright, it's time for chores, all of us. Inigo, you're going to help me with repairs around the house. Shere Khan, go hunt in the woods for dinner." He hummed, glancing at the Talonflame. "Fawkes, you go scout the area, alright?" The Talonflame screeched and flew off.

 

Inigo followed the master inside, wiping sweat from his brow. He hoped the Arcanine caught something big for dinner; he'd worked up an appetite.

Edited by Mipha's Grace

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Jenny Hakuda==-

 

After not much longer of talking with the group, everyone left so that Jenny could get some rest. As she yawned, she heard Feral's voice inside her head. "Ray and the others did, yes. . . including my mom. Apparently Ray wasn't quite right when he said she was dead." Not even a moment after, however, the voice proceeded to effectively tell her off for worrying him. The girl shook her head, and looked out the window to her left.

 

"It's not like I meant to fall or anything. I didn't actually realize doing what I did would cause that." Jenny sighed again, but then chuckled. "Will take maybe under advisement, though." The girl laid back in bed, as she thought over the dream she'd had after she fell unconscious. She knew this wasn't the first time, but couldn't remember any times recently-

 

Wait. There was that one time a month ago after I was taken to that place on Cinnabar... Was that all, though. . .?

 

-==IC: Ray Hakuda==-

 

After they reached the lobby again, Ray sighed and looked at everyone. "Well, that went pretty well in general." The man paused, and looked at Jamie with a slightly guilty look on his face. While he had locked in his choice of suit while waiting for Jamie to return from talking to James, he wasn't sure if the woman had done so or not.

 

"I'm sorry for taking up so much time, Jamie. Have you registered your suit yet?" Ray asked, despite the inquisitive look from Colette that he ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jamie Arthur - Alamo

 

Jamie heard Ray's question and paled. She had her eye on a couple that she managed to look at before she left with Ray.

 

"NOPE!FORGOTTO!GOTTAGOBYE!" she yelled, not bothering to look at Ray as she ran down the halls, nearly bowling over the poor aura wielder as she did so.

 

Vaguely remembering which halls she needed to go down, Jamie had to dodge a number of people to avoid slowing down before arriving back at the Command Center, nearly running smack into some lanky guy and his Sableye, that she was sure she had seen before but can't think right now.

 

A technician was packing up the materials as Jamie ran in. The Rocket agent grabbed a data pad and scanner from him.

 

"Sorry, I need this," Jamie apologized as she hastily stuffed six Poke Balls into the scanner and saw the results, not just for her T.A.P. score, but for which suits were left.

 

Ice and Water had been taken. Bug and Psychic too. She was getting worried until she saw Steel. That one had a sword and shield. How cool was that?!

 

"And select! Here you go, sorry about that again," she said with an apologetic look as she carefully placed the materials back where they belonged. "If you will excuse me," she said walking out of the room.

 

She was about to return to Ray when she remembered James's words. She digged in her pocket for her phone, and typed a message out to James, informing him of which suit she picked.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Esen Windred/Skye Hall - Command Center, The Alamo:

 

Skye's face burned. Was her inexperience that obvious? "Um . . . sure," she said. "Yeah--let's go."

 

 

IC - Goldhawk - Command Center, The Alamo:

 

Xander did not have to wait long. The conference room doors opened, and the assembled leadership filed out--all except for Goldhawk. He remained in the room, standing behind a chair. With one hand, he leaned against the chair; with the other, he rubbed exhaustion from his eyes. With his vision blurred, it took him a moment to notice that Xander had entered.

 

"Yes?"

 

 

IC - John Ford - Ford's Cell, Prison Block:

 

Visitors. Who would have thought? Had he been forewarned, Ford might have gone to more trouble to make himself presentable. As things stood, he instead slouched in an armchair, chin propped on his hand, staring blankly at the wall before him, lost in thought. Only half of his face was visible from the door, illuminated by the light in the hall. The other half lay in darkness, as dark as his exposed half was pale. Ryan's question stirred him. His eyes moved across the wall, down to the floor, and then closed. He dropped his hand.

 

"Do your superiors know that you're here?" he asked. Ford shook his head, not even waiting for an answer. "I cannot tell you. Not because I am unwilling, but because I do not know. McKinley's interference threw my counter-spell into flux. With the return of human abilities, it is obvious that it still worked, but I have no idea why it has not affected Pokémon yet. It could be mere days until the power recharge takes effect, or it could be weeks--possibly months or years. There's simply no telling."

Edited by The 8th Sinner

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IC: Xander Cruize/Octavyn Nowarei
 
Octavyn looked up from her console to see who Goldhawk was addressing. Her heart sank when she saw who it was. Xander saluted briefly. "Sir, I'd like to request permission to go to Kalos. There have been rumors--"
 
Octavyn stood from her chair. "No, Xander."
 
Xander scowled, looking at her. "Octavyn--"
 
"You're going to get yourself killed.  You know it.  Please don't leave us alone again."
 
Xander opened his mouth to argue.  Octavyn didn't give him the chance.
 
"Sir, please stop him before he manages to kill himself."  She stared her general in the eye, silently exhorting him in ways that words could not.  "Please."

IC: Belle LaDonna and Alma Mason
 
The bounty hunter stepped out of the bathroom just as Alma came in. The older woman frowned softly as she continued toweling her hair. "Where'd you go?" she asked. Alma usually stayed pretty close by.

"I just had to make a call. My master wanted to give me something." The young assassin held the Pokéball aloft, smiling. "I'm not sure what's inside yet. Should I--"
 
"Do it." Belle grinned. The girl seemed happy, which was a good turnaround from the previous night. "Let's see it."
 
Alma nodded. "Very well. Cuchulain, come out!" She tossed the ball lightly. As it formed, Belle wondered at first if it was a runty Arcanine, almost half the height of a normal one. Her eyes bugged out as she realized that it was actually a giant Growlithe, fully twice the size of the average. The thing was almost as tall as Alma was, and probably outweighed her by at least twenty pounds.
 
The lines on its body were much darker than normal, and two stripes converged over its eyes, giving it the appearance of a permanent glower. Belle took a step back as it looked towards them and bared its teeth. Alma seemed unimpressed as she studied a piece of paper that had been resting inside of the Pokéball.
 
"Oh, I see." She held the Pokéball towards the creature. "Cuchulain, dachaigh." The Growlithe's ears perked up, and he stopped growling. Alma smiled, pointing to herself. "Bhana-mhaighstir." The fire type nodded, barking once, and Alma chuckled.
 
Belle cleared her throat. "Um . . . What?" The words sounded completely alien to her, but Alma seemed to know them? The girl waved the paper.
 
"These are commands he'll follow outside of battle. They're in some old language. Once I've fully established myself as his trainer, I'll be able to start saying them in our normal language. These are just so he knows who he's taking orders from. Cuchulain, suidh." As the creature sat, Alma smiled. "Good boy. I know we need to be on the road soon, Belle, but . . ."

"No, no worries. I need to do some shopping anyways. We'll leave after I get back." So saying, she headed to the door.
 
Translations: dachaigh - home
bhana-mhaighstir - mistress (more literally, bhana is a prefix used to denote a feminine version of a noun in Scots Gaelic, thus this is 'female master.')
suidh - sit
Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe frowned as she considered what the shadowed man said. Deciding not to answer the counter question, she nodded at his non-answer as she could tell that there would be no further information from him about that, and decided to take the next question. She wanted to bring up the drawings, but had a feeling that could wait for a tiny bit longer. What she wanted to know now, was the most important bit. The perfect follow-up to the last question. . .

 

"Tomorrow, there will be a team that is going to fight off that thing from the egg, and its..." Chloe paused for a moment as she tried to think of the best word to use. "Offspring. Do you have any information, any at all that could help them fight these things? Anything about its fighting style, or what drives it to attack us, or anything like that?" She bit her lip as she tried to think of anything else to add, but decided to leave it there for the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...