Jump to content
Parugi

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Recommended Posts

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

The gardener nodded. "They said they'd be in the cafeteria, right? We wouldn't want to keep them waiting."

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Paul Burks/Ellen Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

"One second, Xander." Ryan looked over at Sonja. "Did you get my message about our mission to Ford's base? Xander says we're leaving tomorrow. And, more importantly, were you able to get any information out of your sister or Mewtwo?"

 

Evan Tierra, meanwhile, had since abandoned his attempts to speak to Levi and instead approached Paul. "Hello, Mr. Burks. It'd be stupid to say that it's been sunshine and rainbows the past few days, for the both of us. How have you two been doing?"

 

"We've been managing." Paul glanced over at Ellen, who was still absorbed in the feed from Kyle's laptop. She turned only to glance at Sonja as the latter took a seat, and in turning her head she inadvertently gave the Hero of Space a good look at her black eye. Paul breathed sharply, knowing an injury like that would not go unnoticed. "It's been a rough couple of days," he admitted. "But I honestly think that going back to Village Bridge will do some good. How about yourself? It's strange to see you without your girlfriend. She still sleeping?"

 

IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron/Theodore Willows/Ava Willows - Kotahi Village, One Island

Jayron, Dack, and the still-invisible Madison were the first to reach Esen and the others, thanks to Jayron being able to track her aura. This provided them an up-close look at the Magnemite-style Instances. "Creepy," Dack commented. "It's like mad science gone horribly wrong."

 

Jayron only gave the Instances a brief glance before turning to Esen. "How hard were they to take down?" he asked.

 

"Easy enough that it looks like she didn't need our help." Theodore Willows came running up out of the trees, followed shortly by Ava. "Where are the citizens? They need to be our top priority."

 

"I have to agree," Ava said. "Coming here was a waste if we don't get to saving those people."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan managed to suppress the urge to grimace when he saw Ellen's black eye. The Hero of Space wondered who would do such a thing to Ellen, especially considering she seemed more inclined to keep to herself nowadays. He turned his thoughts away from that, smiling a bit at Paul. "I'm sure the music of Village Bridge will help her out in a very big way, sir." He said, still smiling a bit. "It's been rough myself, but I'm trying to get back to fighting form. As for Jen-Jen, I'm pretty sure she's either sleeping or taking a walk, so no real reason to worry."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters/Xander Cruize

 

He nodded and headed that way.

 

The cafeteria was pretty full, but it wasn't hard to find Dahlia's friends. The table was crowded, and Xander was standing next to Ryan as if he were leaving. The psychic nodded a greeting to them, but continued to listen as Ryan asked his questions.

 

Jared frowned, noting the states of everyone's auras. The mission must have gotten underway, given how much agitation and anxiousness he saw in the group. He didn't sit yet, instead letting Dahlia decide if they were joining the crowd or not.

 

Xander stayed quiet, half-listening to Ryan and Sonja as he thought about everything he needed to get done before the mission. It was a pretty long list, but he would figure it out. He would prioritize this trip to the village first, and everything else could come later.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron/Levi Alaric - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

Sonja nodded. "I did, and I'm going," she said. "I'm not sitting back anymore."

 

"That's the spirit," Kyle said, not looking up from the computer. "They just downed the two Magnemite-lookalikes."

 

"Ironically," Sonja continued, glancing down at the screen. "Those may not have even been Magnemite to begin with." She looked back at Ryan. "Hayes didn't have much of anything to offer, but Mewthree did." She pulled a notebook out of her bag. "Here's the run-down: Missing Zero absorbs materials--inanimate and animate--in order to create its agents. Pokémon that are absorbed become single-type units even if they have two types upon being absorbed. If that is the case, they are turned into two single-type units matching their original types. So all of Pryce's Pokémon that were Water- and Ice-Type upon being absorbed each got turned into two agents--a Water-Type and an Ice-Type. That's why there was so little variety when it first attacked in the egg."

 

"Wait, when did Pryce run into this thing?" Kyle asked. "I thought he was missing?"

 

"Long story," Sonja said dismissively. "The biggest point about it is that it's Pryce's fault this thing had any units to begin with. That's what Ethan seemed to think, anyway." She shook her head. "Regardless--Mewthree didn't encounter any Dual-Type agents, but it did sense entities that may have been Ghost-Normal-Type, which it says may have been created from absorbed people. Types that it did encounter were Ice, Water, Ground, Ghost, and Psychic." She flipped her notebook closed. "That's basically everything. Hayes just wanted us to get her out of prison."

 

"What did you say?" Kyle asked.

 

"That even if I wanted to, I wouldn't help her," Sonja said. "They dragged us into this mess and didn't have an effective plan to stop it, so I figure there isn't really much point in relying on them for anything but information." She shrugged. "Maybe I'll feel differently later. But in any case, it's up to Team Liberty as to when they get out, not me." She looked at Ryan. "That aside . . . Your message to me looked like it was missing something--you said Ford gave you a list of some kind, but I didn't see it. Mind if I have a look?"

 

 

IC - Goldhawk/Sleight/Esen Windred/Skye Hall/Jackson Sang - Kotahi Village, One Island:

 

"I'm getting some movement readings, but I don't think any of them are people," Sang said. He had arrived just behind Ava and Theodore alongside the rest of the squad. "Looks like the village is empty."

 

Goldhawk nodded. "Kotahi Village received an emergency notice as soon as Missing Zero's presence was detected," he confirmed. "Unless it emerges on another part of the island from the ocean, our objective will be to ensure that it doesn't spread past here until we've received confirmation that the rest of the island is clear."

 

"How long might that take?" Skye asked.

 

"At most, six hours," Goldhawk said. "If all goes well, maybe four."

 

"That's a long time to fight . . ." Sleight muttered. "Can these Suits operate that long?"

 

"They're going to have to," Goldhawk said. He approached one of the miniature craters in the ground, standing beside Jayron. He glowered at the Instances. As an Electric-Type specialist himself, these things were a complete insult to the very creatures he had worked so hard to understand. "Windred, report."

 

Esen jumped, having retreated into her thoughts. "Right," Esen said, giving herself a little shake. She looked at Jayron. "They weren't that difficult. The Ice-Type Suit managed to sever its umbilical cord and strike it in a weak point. Likewise with the Grass-Type--it cut the cord enough that I was able to finish severing it, and it's been down since then."

 

"So, that confirms the cords are a weak point," Sleight said. "Perhaps the other types each have additional weaknesses, as well."

 

"Looks like we'll get to find out soon," Sang said. He pointed south. "Three targets moving this way, fast."


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC

 

The targets in question approached from the main thoroughfare of town. The one leading the pack was snowmanesque, the same as ones found in the egg. It trailed snow and ice that was quickly evaporated in the wake of the two instances following.

 

The creatures were quadrupedal, almost the size of an adult human, and wreathed in flames. A single eye sat in each head, scanning the area as they moved forward. Where a tail should have been was instead the cord connecting them to Missing Zero, also flaming. The eyes locked on as they approached the team.

 

Above these hovered another of the Magnemite creatures. Its nodes were drawn close to its body, non-aggressive.

Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ryan Hikari==-

 

As Ryan noticed the approach of the new targets, he quickly scanned both of the new types of opponent, even as he eyed the magnet-like thing above the others.

 

"The two fiery things are pure Fire-type, much to no-one's surprise. The other thing is pure Ice-type. Both are weak in its eye and that cord on everything." He paused for a minute, and frowned for a second. "Also, addendum - I just realized that the crest on that magnet thing is very likely to be a weak point too, as it shares the same readings."

 

The man eyed the opponents, as he wished that he had more of a chance to attack from a distance. He used the Hone Claws protocol while he waited, and decided to let the others handle this again until he could get close enough to actually attack. Inside its Pokeball, Tyranitar seemed to be growing a little restless. However, the Pokemon knew that in its current state, if Ryan couldn't attack these things then there would be no hope for a powerless attack to do anything either.

 

-==IC: Ray/Lucia==-

 

A fire type. Both Ray and Lucia scowled behind their helmets as they heard that brilliant news go out over the comms. It made sense, as it more or less hard countered the two types that had attacked before, but... how did it know? Was it because of the failed Razor Leaf attack? Whatever the reason, the two retreated slightly, though Ray kept an eye on the third Magnode that had appeared.

 

"So, anyone got a plan? I could take out the third big bad and sparky that appeared, but I don't want ol' heater on my backside if I do so..."

 

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

"'Les Contes de Fées Classiques'. That was one of the things mentioned on the list - I recall from when we read it last night." Chloe looked over at the discussion for a moment, and decided that she wouldn't add exactly why she recalled it. "We're to go to Mount Silver tomorrow to pick at least one of these things up."

 

The psychic girl fell back into silence, as she didn't have anything more she could add at that moment. Instead, she focused on lifting an empty Pokeball into the air with her telekinesis. She had been practicing on it a lot recently and was beginning to get a grip on how the fundamentals worked, but if this needed extended use of powers because of their Pokemon being out of commission. . . she needed them perfected as much as she could manage. There was no debating that.

Edited by Blessed Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Amanda Zarth

Amanda registered the presence of the new combatants with a frown. "EO-3 speaking," she broadcast, determined to stick to radio protocol even if the rest of the team would not. "I would recommend we extend engagements with the existing targets as long as possible before neutralizing them. Based on the enemy's deployment of forces thus far, it seems to be in direct response and proportion to the force we put forth in opposition. Thus, if we judiciously limit our use of force, we will be less likely to be overwhelmed."

 

Following her own advice, Amanda maintained the advantage of cover and activated the Cosmic Power protocol, swiveling her perspective to ensure she (and, by extension, the main group) was not flanked. Though she was further back from most of the gathering (at a copse of trees just at the edge of the village), she did not believe for a moment that enemy units could not have taken an alternate route to cut them off from their landing site, and the Plasma functionary was not about to let that detail go unregarded.

 

OOC:

 

Amanda: Barrier

Magnezone: does nothing

 

Status:

Amanda: +2 Speed, +2 Def, +2 SDef

 

 

OOC: Repeating content warning for dysphoria from previous Alex post.

 

IC: Alma Mason

 

 

The albino girl tilted her head. "No, not really, but I think I understand. I apologize for upsetting you." She hummed. "Though, it still doesn't help me if I can't refer to you without using your name when talking with others. Do you prefer 'him' or 'her'?"

 

IC: Belle LaDonna

 

The purple-haired girl glanced away, clearly weighing what she was about to say. "Well, I guess there's no point in hidin' it from you, Pond. Alma helped me get this Snag Machine. She was given the order by her superior, and it was just luck that we were both in Vermilion on that day."

 

She swallowed, whether to clear her throat or delay this telling, she wasn't sure. "I was goin' after him -- Roderick Krane -- because Al told me he had the machine. He was in a lab near some backwater town in Unova. We went in to battle him, and . . ." Her breath caught.

 

"We killed him."

IC: Alex Zyther

 

"Him."

 

Coward.

 

Shut up, he told himself.

 

He wasn't sure it was a lie.

 

 

IC: Amelia Zann

 

Amelia fought down a moment of surprise before nodding in understanding. The two of them had left behind a body count in Hoenn, but looking back the majority had been either indirect or incidental, and her friend wasn't nearly as much of a realist as she was when it came to the consequences of Pokémon powers. Somehow, though, she doubted pointing out the full extent of Belle's kill record would make the collector feel any better.

 

"First kill's always bad," she offered, strangling the wafting memories of her own and jamming them haphazardly back into the mental box in which they belonged. "Jobs gone wrong are pretty much a combo score--which it basically was on your end, from the sound of it. Luck'ly ya didn't lose a partner on top." The spy mentally glared at the boxful of uncooperative memories as they stirred unhelpfully. "Normally this'd be the part where I hand ya my gun so ya can hold life an' death in your hand, but since we've covered that already I doubt a refresher'd do much good." Her tone, like her advice, was harsh, but that was the life--and ultimately, that blunt, honest harshness was what had led Belle to trust her in the first place. It was one of the things Amelia treasured about the woman--she never needed a sugar-coat. She never needed a lie. "You gonna be okay?"

Edited by Flipz


 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks/Dahlia Seaton - Cafeteria, The Alamo

Ryan felt his face redden slightly as it seemed everyone who had been at the briefing last night knew exactly why Chloe had recalled Les Contes de Fées Classiques. Thankfully the psychic seemed more interested in playing with a Pokéball than pointing out how much Ryan had made a fool of himself. He dug Ford's list out of his pocket, doing his best to ignore the mishap.

 

"Yes . . . what Chloe said. It means Classic Fairy Tales. Ford also told us about the Grimoire des . . . um, here, you can just read it." He quickly passed the paper to Sonja. "It's a book that's supposed to be at Ford's headquarters at the base of Mt. Silver. He also mentioned a mage from the Signs, his old mentor, who might be able to help us." He let the information sink in for a moment. "Oh yeah, one other thing: we're going to need Bounty's cane."

 

Dahlia chose that moment to make her presence known. "I'm sorry, did you just say you need Bounty's cane?"

 

It was obvious Ryan hadn't seen Dahlia come in. To his credit he spent only a brief moment in fluster before composing himself. "Well, either Bounty's or Ford's. And given that Liberty has Ford's cane under lock and key, Bounty's our best bet. It's a Symbol of the Signs, something that'll win us favor with that high mage guy."

 

IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron/Theodore Willows/Ava Willows - Kotahi Village, One Island

"I bet I could make quick work of that zombie snowman," Dack said. Even as he summoned a nimbus of fire around one hand, Amanda voiced her suggestion of managing how much force to use. Dack ignored her, aiming his hand at the oncoming ice-type. "These things are ready to destroy the city and you want us to hold back?"

 

Jayron weighed their severely limited knowledge. "Zarth has a point. If these new Instances are in response to the felled Magnemite-things then we can't afford to take them out too quickly. Stand down, MR-1. That's an order."

 

Dack glared through his visor. "You're not the one calling the shots here, Aura-Man."

 

"Acting rashly will get us nowhere," Jayron insisted.

 

"Dack, please." An unseen hand rested on his shoulder as Madison spoke into his ear. "This isn't the time."

 

With a curse, Dack extinguished the flame. "Alright, what do you propose we do? Sit around like Psyduck until those things reach the city?"

 

"LP-2 here, I could try to take on the fire-types with my fairy moves," Theodore suggested. "I might need backup if they overwhelm me, but using ineffective attacks would prolong the fight and I know how to keep them distracted."

 

"The first thing we need is a defined chain of command." Ava looked around at the assembled group. "You all took way too long debating whether to come here or keep going to Three Island, and you're doing the same thing now. We need one plan, not eighteen. Otherwise I can assure you this mission will end in failure."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Belle LaDonna

 

"I did my pukin' while Alma set the building on fire. I'll live." The tone of her voice suggested that she was done with the subject. "It's a lucky thing you have such good reflexes, else I woulda snagged yer Larvitar, and not been sorry for a minute." She grinned a bit. "Awright, maybe I'd've felt bad for a bit, but ya snooze ya lose."

 

IC: Alma Mason

 

The girl continued riding along in silence for a few minutes, before glancing at Alex again. "What's wrong with your leg?"

 

"Alma, are you bugging that poor kid?" Belle called from behind them.

 

"No!" Alma smiled. "I am not, am I?"

 

IC: Jared Winters/Xander Cruize

 

The mention of a list caught Jared's attention, at least until one of the girls said something in Kalosian. He looked her way and paused as he saw a Pokéball levitating above her hand. How many psychics did Liberty have?

 

Not many, I don't think. Jared jumped nearly a foot as the voice spoke in his head. Xander smothered a smile as Jared stared at him, bewildered. Sorry, I have trouble tuning out surface thoughts without turning it off completely. That's Chloe, by the way.

The silver-haired trainer nodded, a bit dazed. Other than the woman last night, he'd only ever had Anubis speak to him like that, and it was different coming from his most trusted companion.

 

IC: Kure Shoken

 

"Continued log of August fifth, twelve-o-two PM. Sometimes you don't realize what tools are at your disposal until you take a step back. Unfortunately, the last specimens died an hour ago, their bodies unable to cope with the effects of the procedure. I will not be able to go out into the field without drawing suspicion until my superiors return from their outing to the Sevii Islands.

 

"I'll need strong subjects, as well. Route 22 may not have what I need, in which case I'll be required to submit time off to my superiors, which will draw their attention to the fact that I am very rarely seen in the main base. If such a thing occurs, I'll have to resort to more drastic measures to ensure a worthy specimen. I may have to ask Commander if he would be willing to undergo the procedure, as a last resort. I'll have to tell him all of the risks, as well as make sure that Cobalt would still carry it out."

 

A pause, the sound of shuffling papers. "In any case, it will have to wait until Cobalt gets her power back. This will give me plenty of time to scout things out."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Amanda Zarth

 

"EO-3 speaking. I concur with LP-1. We have a Shadow Admin, a General, and two Liberty Executives within our group. If each assumes command of their transport unit, chain of command is maintained while remaining flexibility should the need to separate arise. The only unit missing a pre-established command leader is Essence Ponder, and EP-3 has already exhibited suitable leadership initiative with her approach plan. Would this be a satisfactory arrangement?"

 

Privately, Amanda wondered why Team Liberty had failed to establish these protocols beforehand, while they were still on the ground, but expressing such now would only serve to fracture the joint mission's fragile unity. She made a mental note to inquire with Executive Arthur if this was a common occurrence for Team Liberty or merely a side-effect of a hastily-planned joint operation.



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

Lafoyae sent a message agreeing with Ava, as she executed her Mat Block routine. It would only work once, and she felt that now was the best time to ensure her comrades could afford to take any normal hits. "Whatever the plan is, I shall follow." Her message read. "I haven't much in the way of support, so I hope this will do. I'm willing to attack the Ice-type, if need be."



IC: Evan Tierra (Has A Vision!)

The young man was paying attention to all that was said, making sure that he'd remember when he was able to regroup with everyone. When he heard Dahlia's voice, Evan turned in her direction and waved heartily. "Dahlia, good to see you." He said warmly. "And it seems you've brought Xander and someone new to see us." The Hero headed for the silver-haired stranger, and held out his hand. "Evan Tierra, Plasma Knight. It's good to meet you. What's your name?"

Edited by Dr. Hidaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters

 

Once he was off-guard, Jared couldn't seem to regain his footing. He turned to the new speaker and paused. Where most people had an aura that surrounded them in a single color -- or, in certain cases two colors interwoven -- this man's was oddly pearlescent, and it clung tightly to him, barely more than a spark. Jared swallowed. "I'm Jared, Dahlia's . . ." Instructor? Meditation partner? He shrugged, not sure how to finish.

 

"You were on Two Island, weren't you?" He was pretty sure he recognized this guy's coat. Flashy, brash, not at all Jared's style, but Evan pulled it off.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

"Are you her trainer?" Evan decided to finish for the newcomer. "And I'm pretty sure I was at the egg." As he spoke, he wondered if it'd be all right to tell this person his true nature. If he was training Dahlia, he'd know who she is, and probably connected the dots. If that were the case.......


He had to play the part of The Hero.

Evan spoke as he executed a dynamic pose as a broken arm would allow. "Well, if you are training her, I'd best tell you what I really am. I am the Hero Of Space, and Palkia's Envoy. Glad to see Dahlia's found someone great to help her get used to her power."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters/Xander Cruize

 

"Yeah, I guess that's a good word for it." Jared smiled a bit as Evan struck his pose. "So, if Palkia and Giratina have envoys, I'm assuming that means there's a Hero of Time hanging around here somewhere?"

 

"She's out in the field," Xander replied with a gesture to the laptop. "You'll no doubt get to meet her later." He stretched and turned to address Ryan. "Hey, I'm actually gonna go grab my team from my room. I'm sure they've been going stir-crazy around here, too."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

"I'm Jared, Dahlia's . . ."

 

Boyfriend? The thought had invaded his mind and taken root before Ryan could stop it. He clenched a fist, and made a point of staring at the laptop to try and distract himself. Here he stood, with all his fllaws, and in walks Mr. Perfect. An aura wielder, an excellent teacher, someone he couldn't hate no matter how badly he wanted to.

 

He was only barely aware of Evan joining the conversation and suggesting a less controversial word to describe Jared's relationship to Dahlia: trainer. A role that had once belonged to Ryan. He knew it wasn't Jared's fault, but he still saw the aura wielder as a petty if unwitting thief. It was an unhealthy viewpoint for sure. Memories of his argument with Ray over Sonja still burned fresh in his mind. He refused to go down that path a second time.

 

And so when Xander told him he was going to go grab his team, Ryan hastily agreed to join him. "I could do to stretch my legs," he said, averting his eyes from both Dahlia and Jared. "Let's go."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: ?????? - Old Chateau

 

A wisp of fire danced in his hands. He overheard the commotion going on outside and gathered the staff, and mulled over what to do. This was annoying. Why did he have to follow his orders? Not that there wasn't a bit of fun in it. He sent his staff forth to greet the guests.

 

A few moments after giving the command, a number of Misdreavus appeared before each of the trainers and Pokemon gathered before the building. So preoccupied they were with each other that they had gone unnoticed.

 

Being invisible helped too.

 

So it was too late for them to react to their flurry of Hypnosis. Some resisted, but all eventually fell into that deep sleep.

 

 

 

IC: Jake Harris - Eterna Forest 

 

Jake on the other hand was spared the fate that befell his friends, because someone approached yelling "Wait!" at the moment he had been moving to head back towards the group. Jake turned and immediately felt the urge to vomit. The man's fashion sense was terrible. The gaudy colors, the pants worn way too high, and the shirts buttoned way too low.

 

And the less said about his hair the better.

 

"Can I help you?" Jake asked knowing he'd regret it.

 

 

 

IC: The gang - ???

 

The four trainers who fell asleep due to the various Hypnosis attacks woke up at some time later. The first thing they might have noticed was the ornate room they were in. The well crafted furniture, the beautiful paintings. All of these they might have noticed. On the other hand, if they had chosen to look at each other, they would be overcome with laughter. Or if they had chosen to look at themselves, overcome with horror. When they had been asleep, someone had changed their clothes.

 

The room was obviously older than the clothing they were wearing. Yet the timeless nature of the decor made the dated nature of their clothing more apparent. Not even just dated. More of a caricature of a period that the consciousness of humanity had tried to bury in the furthest reaches of its mind.

 

 

 

IC: Jake Harris - Old Chateau entrance

 

Jake was still unclear as to why he had agreed to let the strange man he had met go with him, but he forgot about it when he saw the Chateau again. Even ignoring the fact that his fellows had disappeared, there was something else wrong.

 

Namely the veritable army of ghosts descending into the mansion.

 

"That's not a good sign," Jake stated the obvious.

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IC: Xander Cruize/Ryan Sanders

 

Xander raised an eyebrow. "Um, sure, alright." He started leading the way out of the cafeteria, casting a look at Ryan as he did so. "What's on your mind, Sanders? I figured we'd meet up after you were done chatting with the others."

 

Ryan kept quiet for a long time.  They had left the cafeteria far behind when the older Liberty agent finally looked over at Xander with something akin to worry. "I know you just met him, but what's your take on that Jared guy?"

 

The silence stretched out for several seconds as Xander considered. Casually, he reached up to scratch at his neck. "He seems like a good guy, at least as far as i've seen, and you saw how much Dahlia's progressed in just a couple of days." He frowned. "Though, there was something about his mind that I couldn't quite place. Why do you ask?"

 

"I don't know." Ryan looked away in frustration. "Something about him just gets under my skin. I can't explain it. I'd almost feel better if he wasn't going on the mission . . . but I don't have a good reason for those concerns. I don't even have the advantage of reading his mind like you do. All I have is my gut, and I honestly don't know how much I can trust that."

 

"How about we invite him to check out the village with us? Maybe get a better feel for him?" Xander looked over. "We are doing that, aren't we?"

 

Ryan nodded distractedly. "Yes, of course. I . . . yeah, that's probably a good idea to bring him along."

 

"Alright, I'll message Dahlia and see if they're interested." The Kalosian pulled his Caster from his pocket to do so. "Other than that, though, you doing alright?"

 

"Y-yeah, I've just got a lot on my mind with the mission and all." Ryan let out a heavy sigh. "One day we'll all get together for something other than trying to prevent the apocalypse or the return of fallen criminal organizations. We'll have a big friendly picnic or something. That'll be the day."

 

Xander laughed. "From what I've heard, you guys have pretty awesome Christmas bashes." He grinned softly. "I do look forward to the day when things calm down, though."

 

A silence fell between them as both agents reflected on the idyllic future. "What do you think you'll do when it's all over?" Ryan asked slowly. "When we finally have a lasting peace? Do you see yourself, I dunno, settling down with Sylph or something?"

 

Xander smiled softly at the thought. "Probably. She and I have a nice little slice of paradise over in Kalos, but I'm not sure if we'll end up back there. We'd miss our friends too much. We'll probably end up settling down somewhere we can keep in contact."

 

He sighed. "That's assuming everything lasts that long, anyways."

 

"It will." Ryan looked over at him with a sudden seriousness. "It has to. I can't believe that thing -- Missing Zero, Sonja called it? -- will succeed in consuming this world. I have to believe we'll win. It feels like that's the only thing that keeps me going at times: the hope in that faintest glimmer of paradise."

 

Xander paused, then nodded. "You're right, of course. Sorry, I've just had a few talks about hope and such in the past couple of days. They got me a bit down, I guess." He shrugged. "So, uh . . . How did you know that Sylph and I are an item?"

 

Ryan cast an amused look. "I thought it was obvious from the way you treat each other. Many trainers have a close bond with their Pokémon, but you and Sylph are just so . . . intimate. I mean, we all practically lived on a boat together for a week. Did you seriously think no one would pick up on that?"

 

The psychic boy chuckled, a blush coloring his cheeks. "Well, Aspen picked up on it, but nobody else seemed to pay it any mind. Sorry, I guess I thought we were subtler than that."

 

Ryan gave a wry smile and retreated into his thoughts for a moment. "Yes, subtlety's a delicate thing, isn't it?" he mused.

 

"It's definitely an acquired trait. I don't think I've quite gotten the hang of things yet." Xander opened the door to his room and smiled. Sylph was sitting on the bed, reading his copy of Trainer Tips while Vixen and Ellen napped on either side of her. She looked up as they entered.

 

"Oh, hello. I didn't expect you to be back so soon, or bring company."

 

"Hey, Sylph." Ryan waved at Xander's better half, then walked up to the bed and lightly ruffled Ellen's fur. A grin broke out on his face. "They're so adorable when they're napping like that, aren't they? Not a care in the world."

 

The Eevee opened her eyes with a yawn and eagerly sat up to be pet. Xander nodded. "Yeah, especially the ones who normally set fire to things. Yes, I'm talking about you," he added as Vixen opened one eye to look at him. "You girls want to go into town with us? There may be some excitement."

 

"'Excitement?' Count me in, but you should count yourself out." Sylph closed the book and set it aside. "Your arm will heal better if you stay away from any so-called 'excitement.'" The Gardevoir put her sole hand on her hip, the remains of her other arm crossing over her chest. "What sort are we talking about here?"

 

"Oh, it's nothing so dramatic," Ryan assured her. "Kyle has reason to believe that Keturi City, just south of the Alamo, is linked to the Pokémon trafficking ring he busted in Kalos. That ring being the Signs. We're just going to do a little investigation, see what we can find on the matter. Strictly non-combative." He felt Sylph's eyes on him and quickly amended his promise. "Well if we do happen to run into any trouble, we're bringing along an aura wielder. And Dahlia."

 

Sylph sighed. "Alright, then, I suppose." She walked over to pick up Xander's belt off the dresser. The trainer's Holo Caster beeped to alert him to a new message.

 

"Dahlia and Jared are in. We can pop over to the cafeteria real quick and grab them, as well."

 

Ryan scooped up Ellen in his arms, running his fingers through the Eevee's fur as he nodded at Xander. "Sounds like a plan." Let's hope Jared's really as trustworthy as he seems, he added silently.

 

Xander nodded softly, ignoring the stray thought. "Hold on tight, guys." With that little bit of warning, he wrapped them all in energy and transported them to the cafeteria.

 

IC: Ruth Fishers

 

The girl came to slowly, groaning. What happened? One minute, she'd been talking to some creep in the woods, and the next . . . She was here. Slowly she got to her feet and observed her companions. A snort escaped her, then a giggle, and then she descended into full raucous laughter. "What are you guys wearing?" she asked between bouts of cackling.

Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arius Jacobson

Ruth's laughter confused Arius....until he looked at the ridiculously dated clothing he and the others were wearing. "I'd suggest looking in the mirror yourself!" He fired back, stifling a chuckle. "Though, it's perfect for someone as loud and proud as you are!" That aside, the young man's hands bolted down to were he stowed his pokemon, which to his relief were still there. That's some measure of relief, but what happened...?

IC: Evan Tierra

"Dialga also has an envoy, who is in the midst of getting to know our foe, I assume." Evan said, smiling a bit. "She's gonna fight the good fight and get back here." The Hero looked at Kyle's laptop, curious about how his fellow Heroine was doing out there, before focusing back on Jared. "Each one of us has a measure of their power." He spoke, sizing up Jared a little more. "I'm glad Dahlia has someone to train her. I........may have someone in mind to help me train up my powers. I just hope she's up to it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==Colette - Aura Wielder==-
 

As Colette walked down the driveway and put her hair into a ponytail, she mulled over exactly how this situation started as her pocket felt heavy. She had gone downstairs to eat breakfast, but no-one was up at the moment. The girl had thought over plans for things and knew that she had no real money of her own - but how could she manage to progress these plans? With a sigh she moved her hand to her pocket while she headed down the road toward the nearest store. Things could definitely be better, but the young girl rationalized it as just cutting a step out. After a while of walking, she finally stood outside the store and looked at the sign.

 

Oh great, it's not open yet... Colette bit her lip, as she paced around for a little while. This definitely won't help anything at all; I'll probably be caught. . . Despite that, the only thing that she could do was wait. Once the store had opened, she quickly went inside and flitted around the different clothes on display. A lot didn't actually seem like things she liked, but the girl managed to grab a couple different outfits. Some of the clothes were most fitting for the current weather, and some she picked for the trip to Kalos - things that she could imagine a tourist there would wear. Once she had the outfits picked out, and tried them on to make sure they worked, she quickly made her way to the register to pay for them.

 

Colette pulled the card that had been in her pocket out and tapped in the password she had learned once before. She was in slight disbelief that her mother would choose that number for her password, but did not complain as it worked. She noticed that it already looked rather late as she walked back with the clothes bag, but if she could at least put the card back without being seen, then she could worry about the likely fallout later. The girl found the house locked when she got back, and thankfully also found it empty when she walked inside. She quickly hid the credit card in her mom's room for later, and stuffed her bag into her backpack. . .

 

-==IC: Colette==-

 

"Everyone having a party without me?" Colette asked, as she walked into the cafeteria, wearing the first of her new outfits in addition to her new ponytail look - a light purple short-tee shirt and a light blue skirt. "What'd I miss? If almost everyone's here, it has to be important, no?" As she looked around, she noticed a couple people who she didn't recognize from the main group - though a couple she felt like she recognized from the egg. The girl glanced over at the short silver-haired man in particular. Hadn't he been the one who had shown up at the egg on his own. . .?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters

 

He nodded softly. "Sounds cool." He was turning back to watch the screen when another woman approached. She looked familiar, and Jared realized that he was the only person who hadn't been involved before arriving on Two Island. He noticed the unique flare to her aura that told him he was in the presence of someone trained in its use, and he nodded in appreciation.

 

Once more, his viewing of the laptop was interrupted as Dahlia tapped his shoulder. "Xander and Ryan want us to go into town with them. Do we want to go?"

 

"Huh? Oh, sure." Jared pulled up his own Pokétch and started typing. "I'll invite Lachina along, too."

 

IC: Lachina Adaon

 

She was practicing more aerial maneuvers when her Styler rang. She flipped off of Aolani's back and pulled the device from her belt. She smiled softly as she read Jared's invitation. "Aolani, let's head towards the front entrance, alright?"

 

The Altaria bobbed her head in agreement and swooped down so Lachina could jump onto her back. With a whoop, Lachina angled her companion up and out of the training area.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

"Speak of the devil and she shall appear." Evan though as he gave Colette a wave. "Good to see you, Little Miss Aura!" The Hero spoke enthusiastically, as he gestured her to join them. "I'd think it's important enough to have you join us." As he talked, the young man was trying to figure out a way to loop Colette in on his idea. The girl clearly used her Aura reading a lot, and if that were the case, she'd be the best on to ask about being able to channel Spacial Vision. He was pretty sure he'd figure out how to ask. For now, however, he felt she needed to talk with more people about what was going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IC

 

Field research was always exciting, which was why the professor insisted on doing it himself whenever possible. Oh, yes, he had aides that could have easily gone out and taken observations and the like, but then he would have been stuck in the lab all day with only the boring tasks. He preferred seeing what new adventures awaited him in the routes just outside the city.

 

It was certainly fortunate that he decided to go out today of all days. His aides weren't as well-known or respected by the local wild Pokémon as he as, and wouldn't have been welcomed if they stumbled across a group of Gallade and Gardevoir surrounding a small, pale egg. The leader of the group was an older Gallade with numerous battle scars, the same one that had approached Sycamore eight years ago regarding a Ralts he had captured.

 

That meeting had ended with both agreeing it for the best he didn't return the injured creature to her family.

 

As the scarred creature raised his arm above the egg, Sycamore stepped into the group. "Hold on a moment there!" The leader of the family paused, locking eyes with him and sighing. "You're wanting to destroy this egg?" A nod, and the professor frowned. "Why would you do that?"

 

The Gallade scowled, and Sycamore held up a hand in apology. "Sorry, I forgot that your telepathy isn't working right now." He stroked his chin. "Is this a Ralts egg?" A nod. "It doesn't look like a normal one." Another nod. "Ah, I see . . ." He hummed softly. "Rather than destroying it, what if I took it off of your hands?"

 

The Gallade shook his head. Sycamore sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "Oh, come now, you know that it won't interfere with your family out here, and I don't doubt the mother  would prefer this."

 

Slowly, the Pokémon lowered his arm. He gave a small nod to Sycamore, then turned to lead his group away. Sycamore knelt to pick up the egg. No markings, no colors aside from the white. He smiled softly. "I think I know someone who would be happy to have you."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Kyle Eston/Levi Alaric/Sonja Baron - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

"I didn't realize Ford was from Kalos," Sonja muttered as she read the list, ignoring the conversation around her. "Pollux, Grimoire, fairy tales. Got it." She folded and pocketed the list for safekeeping. "Alright. So we're going back to base tomorrow."

 

"You know where it is?" Kyle asked.

 

"No, not exactly," Sonja admitted. "But we'll find it."

 

"If you say so . . ." Kyle shook his head. He noticed Levi absentmindedly staring at Sonja. He looked troubled. "What's wrong, bud?"

 

"N-Nothing . . ." Levi fell silent. After a moment, he spoke up. ". . . Is Team Liberty going to take my book?"

 

"Why would Team Liberty take your book?"

 

"Miss Adams gave it to me," Levi said. "So it was hers. And they took Mr. Ford's cane. So I'm just afraid they'll take my book because it was hers . . ."

 

 

IC - Goldhawk/Sleight/Jackson Sang/Esen Windred/Skye Hall - Kotahi Village, One Island:

 

Amidst the group's arguing, the approaching Instances geared up for their attack. As they reached the end of the block, the Electric-Type Instance fell back, allowing its three allies to continue forward several more feet before coming to a halt. The Fire-Type Instances planted themselves firmly where they stood, before each let loose a wobbling column of fire at their enemies. Recognizing the Flame Burst attack, Sleight moved forward, throwing his arms outward and activating Wide Guard. An energy field encompassed himself and his allies, upon which the fire dissipated into nothing.

 

"EO-4. We're using EO-3's suggestion," Sleight called. "Reconfigure to transport groups. Over."

 

Esen couldn't help but growl in frustration. Between the infighting and radio protocol, they were wasting more time than they were actually utilizing, and Sleight's shield wouldn't hold for long. She activated her comm. "EP-3. Now that that's figured out, can we focus on the mission?"

 

"LP-3. Affirmative, EP-3," Goldhawk said, clearly sharing her frustrations. "Our objective is the southern front of Kotahi Village--move the fight away from the LZ so that we can retreat if necessary. I suggest we split up and approach from separate streets."

 

"Affirmative," Esen said. "Essence Ponder, regroup and follow me--EP-1, EP-2, provide cover for EP-4." She headed off, turning east and hurrying down the next street over. At the sight of their movement, one of the Fire-Types took off after them, followed by the Electric-Type.

 

"Echo Order, remain here--we'll move south down this street," Sleight ordered. He contacted Valley Watch and Entry Guard. "VW-1 and EG-1, hold fire until further orders."

 

"Lyre Play, head west," Goldhawk called. As he headed that way, he pressed his comm. "Goldhawk to Homestead."

 

"Homestead acknowledged. Go ahead, Goldhawk."

 

"Report status of Index Mother Console."

 

"The IMC is active, sir," the technician responded.

 

"Access T-02's scanner and all Suits' visual records and get us proper designations for our new targets." 

 

"Affirmative. Please hold." There was a brief pause. "Indexing complete. IMC designations are as follows: Instance 004, Magnode. Instance 007, Leopyred. Instance 012, Maulice. Designations processed and updated for all Power Suit Units, along with the following: Instance 008, Harpreak; Instance 011, Chimerape; Instance 016, Sinystal; and Instance 018, Driprown."

 

"Appreciated, Homestead. Goldhawk out," Goldhawk said. He switched back to his all-comm channel. "LP-3. Indexes have been updated with designations for our targets."


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

"I don't think Team Liberty has any interest in your book, even if it did belong to Miss Adams." Dahlia took a seat across from Levi and extended a warm smile to the timid boy. She could tell Levi was anxious, so she did her best to speak gently with the same tender care she used when replanting young saplings. "I'm Dahlia, by the way. Nice to meet you. That book must remind you a lot of Miss Adams, huh? What was it about, if you don't mind me asking?"

 

IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron/Theodore Willows/Ava Willows - Kotahi Village, One Island

"Moment Record, head further east. We'll take one street further down than EP-3." Jayron began to lead the way, but paused when he only saw Dack following him. "Where's your girlfriend?"

 

"I'm here!" a voice called out on the comms. "This is MR-something-or-other . . . uh . . . this is Agent Morrow. I've got cloaking turned on but you should be able to detect my location with your suit."

 

"Agent?" The incredulous look on Dack's face went unseen behind his visor. A quick scan of the suit -- or a quick scan of aura in Jayron's case -- revealed Madison had never left Dack's side.

 

"Alright then, keep close, Morrow." Jayron turned and continued to lead the way to the designated street. "While cloaking is certainly advantageous, it will also make it harder for us to help you should you find yourself in trouble. Also keep in mind that constant cloaking will drain your suit's power faster than normal."

 

Madison flickered into view. "Yeah, I didn't think of that. Sorry. I'll stay visible until we actually get into a fight."

 

 

"Man, who comes up with these names?" Theodore muttered through the comms as he scanned through the updated index. "You'd almost believe these were real Pokémon if it weren't for those umbilical power cables."

 

"Just be glad we don't have to keep calling them Thing 1 and Thing 2," Ava snapped. "We've got enough of that as it is." She turned her attention to Goldhawk. "This is LP-1 and LP-2, we're right behind you, sir. LP-4, do you copy? What's your position?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Lucia==-

 

Lucia followed the others quickly as the creatures closed in on them. In a way, she totally understood why the fiery beast - Leopyred was it? - had decided to chase them. Of all the groups, this was likely the most flammable, and they probably could tell. On the other hand, it was totally not okay with her that they were being chased by flaming dogs.

 

"EP-3, do you have a plan to get these things off our tail?"

 

-==IC: Ray==-

 

"Roger that, EO-4." Ray used his gear to retreat back to the rest of his group, and kept an eye out for any incoming creatures. He kept at the ready in case anything ambushed them, but otherwise made sure to try to conserve his power as best as he could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Amanda Zarth

 

"Acknowledged, EO-4." Stepping out from behind her cover and onto her Magnezone, Amanda activated first a Barrier and then a Calm Mind, the soothing effect of the move helping her organize the incoming overload of information. "Magnezone, take us higher and further forward so we can attempt to garner the attention of the Ice-type." With luck, the Maulice would mistake them for a Flying-type and attack, leaving the other groups free to disperse without its pursuit.

 

The Magnezone buzzed its acknowledgement, carrying its Trainer forward into the line of battle.

 

 

OOC:

 

Amanda (+4 Def, +1 SAtk, +3 SDef, +2 Speed): Barrier, Calm Mind

Magnezone: Fly up, fly south



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: One Island

"One sec!," Richard called through the comm, as he shot forth a blue goop from his arms at the Leopyred charging towards Essence Ponder. He didn't have the time to start his performance here, but using Soak to change the Fire type to Water on the way to attack the Grass and Steel type suits would go a long way to turning the tide. Once the liquid had been fired, he turned around and headed west to follow his team.

 

"Lyre Play 4, trailing behind," Richard called once more as he ran to catch up.

 

 

Jamie was unaware of what Richard's attack had been, so she took up a defensive position facing the way they had came, placing herself between Lucia, Skye and the Leopyred. If it wanted to target them, it would have to go through her first.

 

 

James was apprehensive of the idea to split up. He could see the benefit, but he still felt that the suits were too fragile to risk splitting their forces. Furthermore, he was personally split between protecting Jamie and moving south towards the heart of the problem. With his practical suit experience, and the combat experience of his team, he figured they had to be the group to plunge furthest into enemy territory for the mission to have a chance at success. He decided to compromise and draw away one of the Instances. He also needed to copy the buffs that Amanda had been building. Fortunately, the macros he set up were perfect for this situation. He activated the Converge protocol to copy Amanda's boosts, whilst calling the Magnode towards himself.

 

"TC-3, Lancelot, prepare to intercept the Magnode. TC-2, assist Echo Order with the Maulice."

 

 

OOC:

 

James: (+5 Def, +1 SpA, +4 SpD, +2 Spd)

Jamie (+2 Spd, +1 Atk)

Richard (+1 Def)


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

"Acknowledged."

As soon as she heard James' order, Lafoyae nodded and rushed towards the Maulice, her speed accentuated by the Mach Punches she was executing. When she felt she had covered enough ground, she leapt up, and swooped towards the slushy monstrosity, channeling the power of a Flying Press as she fell. The plan was to leap onto it's back and distract it with a chokehold. Considering the orders to fall back, it seemed like the perfect compromise. "Payback time, abomination." was the thought that echoed in her mind as she drew closer to her target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Adam Zynthic==-

Though having woken up alongside the others, Adam struggled to offer his input, mostly owing to the Grotle sitting atop his face. With effort, the man finally managed to shove the snoring Grass-type aside. "Bah," he grumbled, careless of the clothes (which, while comically old, were certainly an improvement over the stained rags he'd been wearing). "I hate children," he grumbled passionately to Wiggy as he tried to awaken his partner, not caring that the children in question could still hear him. "Come on, old friend," he said as the Pokémon stirred, "let's see what the little brats have dragged us into..."



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Yugo==-

 

Yugo had stayed quiet while he investigated the room and what had happened to the group. However, as he heard the comment that Adam had made, he turned on the stranger, an uncharacteristically angry look on his face.

 

"Us? You have explaining to do first. You tried to attack us just because we were near you. How do we know this isn't your doing? I doubt the place we were at was your house - so you had no more right than we did. But you treated us as if we were in the wrong?" The boy gripped a Pokeball, as he looked the older man dead on. "If you aren't responsible for this, then stop whining and help us figure out what's going on here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Aspen Seaton

 

Discharge from the infirmary came as a relief to Aspen. He was tired of being cooped up in a bed, and he was especially sick of the cheap food the medical facility had provided. On a new (well, new to him) pair of crutches, the youngest Seaton sibling carefully made his way to the cafeteria for the first decent meal he'd had since arriving on Four Island.

 

He saw a cluster of people gathered around one of the tables, including his sister. As much as he wanted to say hi to her, he also didn't want to get dragged into a group right now. He would rather just sit and eat without anyone else bugging him. That said, it seemed like some sort of excitement was happening; most of the people at that table seemed focused on a laptop in the middle.

 

Probably just some sort of e-sport final or something, he thought dismissively. Apparently Pokémon attacks were on the fritz right now, so it couldn't have been a battle or anything of the sort.

He got his food and managed to awkwardly shuffle over to a nearby table to sit. From across the cafeteria he watched the group.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

While Dahlia spoke with Levi, the gardener's Absol padded around the table to peer at Ellen. The girl turned in her seat to stare back at the dark furred Pokémon. "You . . ." she muttered. "You're the Absol from Lilycove and Sootopolis." The creature somberly bowed his head. "You tried to warn me . . . you knew this would happen." Asriel's eyes narrowed and his teeth bared, but his anger seemed mostly directed at himself. "I understand," Ellen said softly. "You see disasters coming, but find yourself powerless to stop them. Many would call your gift a curse. And now you really are powerless . . ." The Absol glanced over at Dahlia, then back to Ellen. The girl furrowed her brow. "I don't understand. What are you--"

 

Asriel gently raised his paw and rested a sharp claw on Ellen's chest. Their eyes met, his filled with an immense sadness and resignation borne from years of precognition, hers clouded with confusion. "A-are you trying to tell me . . . the disaster you saw wasn't that creature, but--"

 

A familiar sent wafted through the cafeteria, and Asriel turned his attention from Ellen to stare past the crowded table. Ellen followed his gaze. "Um, Dahlia?" she spoke up. "When did your brother get crutches?"

 

"What?" The gardener was forced to pull her attention away from Levi. She saw Aspen in the guise of a typical brooding teenager refusing to interact with his peers, and she would not stand for it. "Aspen!" she gave her brother a friendly wave, although her voice carried a hint of authority. "Why didn't you tell me you were out of the hospital? Stop sulking over there and come join us!"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Aspen Seaton/Jared Winters

 

The younger Seaton tried to pretend he wasn't there, but Dahlia wasn't having it. With a sigh and a grumble, Aspen got to his feet and grabbed his tray. He had just started the shuffle over, when some short guy with a scar walked over to him.
 

"I can take your tray over for you." Jared had noticed the boy struggling earlier, but had also noticed him keeping his head down. Aspen wasn't wanting attention, but now that he had it, Jared might as well assist.

 

"I'm fine." Aspen scowled a bit. "My arms aren't broken, I can carry my own food." He continued the slow move over to his sister, leaving Jared staring in confusion. As Aspen sat, he looked around at everyone gathered. "Hey everyone. Ellen, Paul, I guess that mission was a success then?"

 

Jared made his way back over to stand next to Dahlia, prompting another scowl from Aspen. The silver-eyed boy met his gaze, held it . . . Aspen looked away, back towards the others.

Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahlia Seaton/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

"A success," Ellen said bitterly. "That's one way of putting it."

 

Dahlia could feel the tension rising, and knew she had to act. Meditation was still new to her, but mediation was something she was all too familiar with, especially when it came to her brother. "We got Ellen back," she said in a seemingly pleasant tone that carried a stern warning. "And Sonja, and the others. That's what matters." Ellen stared back down at her food, having no desire to continue this conversation. Dahlia sighed and looked back to Jared. "Meet my little brother Aspen. Aspen, this is my friend Jared. I promise he wasn't trying to belittle you by carrying your food. He only wanted to help."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Kyle Eston/Levi Alaric/Sonja Baron - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

Aspen's arrival interrupted Levi's attempt to answer Dahlia's question. With her attention elsewhere, Levi deflated in his seat. He glanced at Kyle, whose eyes were glued to the screen in front of him, and turned his own attention to the video feed.

 

 

IC - Goldhawk/Sleight/Jackson Sang/Esen Windred/Skye Hall - Kotahi Village, One Island:

 

James's interference was fortunate, as the Magnode dropped back from its chase. But that still left the Leopyred, which was clearly a concern to all three of Esen's allies. In spite of the effects of Richard's Soak attack, which had caused the Instance's flames to recede close to its body (still much too bright to make out anything of its base) and created a sort of watery coat around it that boiled and bubbled with the thing's inherent body heat, the creature still possessed an unknown number of Fire-Type attacks that could easily tear down half of Essence Ponder.

 

"EP-3, do you have a plan to get these things off our tail?"

 

In response, Esen activated her jets, spinning around and launching a Hurricane attack over her team's heads and at a building behind them. The force of the wind caused the stone walls to explode outward, launching a barrage of rock at the pursuing Leopyred. Though clearly damaging it, it wasn't enough to destroy the Instance. In response, the Fire-now-Water-Type picked up its pace, the flames on its back erupting in an Inferno that rushed toward Essence Ponder.

 

"EP-2, block that!" Esen called. "Everyone, if this village is going to get destroyed anyway, then use it as a weapon!"

 

 

 

Three Instances now remained on the main street: a Leopyred, the Maulice, and the Magnode now hellbent on destroying James Arthur. There was much to consider in regards to battling them. For one, the Leopyred appeared to be reevaluating the situation, opting to stay back and observe rather than approach and attack. It contrast, the Magnode's magnets erupted outward, and it buzzed with angry energy as it floated toward James. The electricity surrounding it coalesced into a web-shaped burst directed straight at the Normal-Type Suit.

 

Meanwhile, Amanda's plan to distract the Maulice had a flaw: Lafoyae Belrose. The Rocket Assassin crashed into the Maulice, sending both into a tumbling scuffle. The Ice-Type's bodily composition belied its abilities, as it rolled itself and Lafoyae over. When it had somewhat managed to pin her down, it opened its maw, preparing to bite down with Ice Fang. It was interrupted by the sudden appearance of a boulder that slammed into it and knocked it away several feet.

 

"This is EO-4," Sleight called. "Three of the four Instances are tied up on our street. Expect a delay in our arrival at the beach."

 

"Oh, would you all stop with that ridiculous call sign nonsense?" an irritated voice called over the comm. "I swear, you spend more time identifying yourselves than you do actually fulfilling the mission objectives."

 

"It's protocol, Vert," Goldhawk responded. "Perhaps you could learn something by following it for once."

 

"Or perhaps you could streamline your user experience by listening to someone who knows what they're talking about, sir," Vert said. "I'm remote activating visual comm mode for all eighteen suits. The status screen running down the left side of your HUD will highlight whoever is talking from now on so that you don't have to waste time butchering your own protocol. You're welcome."

 

"I won't argue with it," Sang said. He drew his arm back, taking careful aim and launching a Bonemerang at the flying Magnode. "Never really made sense to me why we were doing that, anyway."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Aspen Seaton/Jared Winters

 

"Yeah, alright . . ." Aspen picked at his food. He frowned at Ellen's response. "What happened? Nobody really gave me the details."
 

Jared shook his head. "It wasn't exactly good times. I'm pretty sure one guy lost an arm, and someone might have died."

 

Aspen blinked, the scowl on his face deepening. He was opening his mouth to say something--

 

IC: Xander Cruize
 
At that moment, Xander and Sanders reappeared with the Kalosian's team. Xander smiled at Jared and Dahlia. "Who else is coming along?" he asked. He scanned the group. "Aspen, hey, good to see you! Chloe? Sonja? Evan?" As he said each name, he met the person's eyes. 
 
As Xander looked towards the Hero of Space, the younger boy seemed to remind Evan of someone, but he couldn't quite place it . . . then Xander blinked, and the sensation was dispelled.
 
"Hold on," Aspen interjected. "What happened on Two Island?"

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton/Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

The moment Ryan appeared he stumbled into the side of the table and clutched it with a grimace while he waited for the world to stop spinning, all the while trying not to hurl his breakfast over everyone else's. Ellen the Eevee gave a small yelp as her body hit the ground, but Ryan didn't seem to notice. When at last the nauseous feeling subsided, Ryan jerked his head toward his companion. "A little warning next time?"

 

The sudden appearance of Ryan and Xander took Dahlia by surprise, but Aspen's question demanded her attention. She chewed her lip as she tried to think of the best way to explain the events on Two Island. "McKinley happened," she said simply. It was like the breath had been drawn out of the room. Dahlia hesitantly continued, choosing her words carefully so as to not upset Ellen or Levi. "You see, we all went on the mission trying to stop Ford, but it was really McKinley who we should've been trying to stop. He betrayed Ford, and brought about the very thing Ford had been trying to prevent."

 

Ellen slammed her fork down on her plate. "Stop sugarcoating it!" she yelled angrily. "You're acting like you just had a minor mishap. You want to know what really happened? Tyler turned himself into a monster and made Ford drain all Pokémon of their abilities! Then in the moment we were most vulnerable he summoned a massive, shapeless, horrific creature that will not rest until it has devoured this world entirely! And don't forget the most important part: I helped him do it! Now people are risking their lives trying to delay the inevitable. Is that enough detail for you?"

 

A stunned silence filled the table. Ellen pretended to stare at the video feed but in reality she was fighting back bitter tears. A soft yip sounded from below the table at Ellen's feet. With some hesitation she looked down and a fluffy Eevee smiled up at her. Then without warning the furball tried to leap into Ellen's lap, but evidently forgot she was under a table and wound up banging her head on the table's hard underside, eliciting a pathetic whine as she fell back to the ground.

 

Against her better judgement, Ellen leaned down to pick up the Eevee, cradling it in her arms. At first she thought it was Saya, but this Eevee was far less scrawny than the one she and Aspen had found in Sootopolis. She mulled it over as she quietly stroked the Eevee's fur, forgetting the pain from Two Island for the moment.

 

IC: Zoe Llyan - Four Island

As far as lazy Saturday mornings went, this was by far the laziest. By the time Zoe had woken up, her sister and parents were already gone, probably on important Liberty stuff. She sleepily shuffled down the stairs to fix herself some breakfast, only to find that they were out of milk. Not desperate enough to attempt cooking an omelet without burning the kitchen down, Zoe instead retired to the living room couch, where she curled up with a blanket and flipped on the television. Nothing grabbed her attention.

 

With a sigh, she turned the television off and sat in silence, listening to the rhythmic ticking of the clock. Her mind kept going back to that girl in the cafeteria. She had looked so defeated, as if she deserved the beating Zoe had given her. It would have been better if she'd resisted or fought back. But by doing nothing, Ellen had wounded Zoe far more than any physical blow would have done. Guilt pained her like a kick to the stomach, sapping away her motivation.

 

Esmeralda and Merida tugged at the hem of her pajamas, begging Zoe to play with them. In a cruel twist of irony Zoe saw herself in them, begging a lethargic Collie to play. With a belabored sigh, the girl went upstairs to change, then led her Pokémon outside.

 

Zoe's feet wandered in one direction, her mind in another. Esmeralda and Merida frolicked behind her, happy to be out of the house, but she paid them no mind. It should have been a beautiful day, but Zoe's spirits remained dampened. It felt like the entire world had more important things to worry about than the wants of a twelve-year-old girl, for when she reached the Alamo the only people she found within the fortress' empty halls seemed to be racing from one end of the compound to the other as if their lives depended on it.

 

Her earlier decision to leave the kitchen untarnished at the expense of breakfast now reared its ugly head in the form of a different kind of pain in her stomach. She made her way to the Alamo's cafeteria and began to load up a tray with food. She was going to find an isolated corner to enjoy breakfast with her Pokémon when she saw them. Ellen Burks sat at the center of a large crowd of people, sporting her blackened eye for the sole purpose of taunting Zoe. The girl's father was among the crowd, his Papa Beartic nature concealed behind a friendly smile. Last, but far from least, Zoe spotted her sister in an uncharacteristically cute outfit, her trademark Dog Ears hairstyle abandoned for a common Ponyta-inspired one.

 

There they were, an unrecognizable Collie and the girl that had stolen her from Zoe, crowding around a table like nothing was wrong. Zoe abruptly turned around and dumped her food in the nearest trashcan, much to Merida's dismay. Quick as a Ninjask, she slipped out of the cafeteria before anyone could notice her.

 

Once again, she had lost her appetite.

 

OOC: It feels really awkward to say this here, but Happy Birthday Zoe.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Amanda Zarth

 

Amanda frowned as the new technology revealed itself. While remote access did have its advantages, it also created vulnerabilities she had not yet considered, particularly when such access could override suit functions directly. She made a mental note to discuss the matter with Executive Arthur later, filing the matter away with the help of another Calm Mind.

 

She surveyed the battlefield from her aerial perch. With the Maulice being the only noted physical threat, the more tactical option was Light Screen, which she deployed as quickly as she could, hoping to partially shield both Executive Arthur from the Electroweb and her other allies from any unexpected retaliation from the Leopyred. She then looked to Sleight, awaiting any further orders from the Shadow Admin. Magnezone, meanwhile, lowered itself somewhat so as to better extend the range of Amanda's protection to their grounded allies.

 

 

 

OOC:

Amanda (+4 Def, +2 SAtk, +4 SDef, +2 Speed): Calm Mind, Light Screen

Magnezone: Fly lower



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette==-

 

Colette was about to respond to the chaos that had ensued, but instead, had noticed something far more pressing. The girl wore a frown on her face, as she glanced around and saw no-one focused on her at all. She decided to quietly leave the cafeteria, and tracked the aura that she had sensed enter and exit unannounced. Something about the aura of her sister seemed really off to her, and she was not about to just leave this alone.

 

The aura wielder continued to follow Zoe, though at first she felt like she wouldn't catch up. After a while, Colette noticed her sister begin to slow down and quickened her pace to try and close the gap.

 

"What's up Zoe?" The girl queried as she approached slowly. The way she held herself was similar to how it had always been despite her new look, but with more caution due to the emotions she was feeling in her sister's aura.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zoe Llyan - Hallway, The Alamo

Esmeralda barked happily when she spotted Colette. Merida tugged on Zoe's shirt to draw her attention to her sister. But Zoe, in a manner about as uncharacteristic as her sister's more casual style choice, was decidedly not happy to see her. She clenched a fist and scowled. "Shouldn't you be hanging out with your new friends?" she asked, refusing to turn around and face her sister. "I'm sure you're eager to hear them complement you on your fancy new clothes. Well you'll get no praise from me, so you might as well just leave me alone!"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...