Jump to content
Parugi

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Recommended Posts

IC: Xander Cruize/Jared Winters

 

The aura user scowled at Ryan's response. "There was something about him that made me nervous. His aura shifted when he was talking about Pokémon losing their power. He seemed happy about it."

 

Sylph frowned, tilting her head. "Asriel was not the only one who was on-edge. Vixen would not come out from behind me, and Ellen was practically chewing through Xander's shoulder to get away from him."

 

Xander nodded softly. He would have added his two cents, but Jared interrupted in surprise. "Did your Gardevoir just talk?"

 

As Sylph groaned, Xander threw his head back and laughed.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe glanced over at Jared after the question was asked.

 

"Hmm..." The woman hadn't actually thought of the odd man in any sort of weirdness past the initial oddity of him showing up. Yet, some things did seem weird to her - like how... calm or bored he seemed to be. She had chalked it up to the lack of sleep, but as everyone else kept chiming in. . . "I'm not su-"

 

"Did your Gardevoir just talk?"

Oh. This will be fun.

 

Chloe smiled mischievously, as she focused. "Why, yes, she did! It's very neat, isn't it?" The psychic said to Jared telepathically, as she continued to walk. "I'm rather impressed, honestly, wouldn't you agree?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters/Xander Cruize

 

He nearly jumped out of his skin as yet another voice spoke in his mind. First that woman he'd sparred with, then Xander, and now . . .

 

He wasn't entirely sure how telepathy worked with humans, but he could possibly turn the joke around on her.

 

Mercury took over, just for a second, just enough that the girl would note the difference in thoughts and demeanor. This was accompanied by a mental wink and a thought of It's a secret. before Jared was back to normal.

 

"I didn't know Pokémon could speak, honestly. I mean, I'd heard rumors but never confirmed it."

 

Xander grinned lightly. "Yeah, she's pretty impressive."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Richard Apollo - One Island

 

"Time to set the stage," Richard said, starting up the Rain Dance protocol. He had to manipulate it just right. It couldn't cover the fire-user on the other side of the beach, yet he had to make it big enough for him and Goldhawk to use effectively.

 

The ambiance created as water hit sand was worth it, in his opinion.

 

"Are you all ready? I'm going to start my performance. It's gonna take up some space, so be careful!" he warned.

 

 

 

IC: Jamie Arthur - One Island

 

Jamie giggled brightly at the praise she got. This armor thing was so cool. She would have been lost in her thoughts about how hero it was, until she looked at the corner of her HUD as a response to hearing Lucia's words.

 

"What the-? What- What is with all the orange?"

 

Her eyes widened for a moment as James's status briefly flickered before disappearing.

 

"Where did James's status go? I think my display's broken."

 

She didn't sound convinced.

 

 

 

IC: Shard

 

James and Lancelot had been the closest to the Leopyred. When the smoke cleared, there were no armored knights in it. Only a burnt piece of James's helmet and the ruins of the Psychic type drone.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC

 

She fidgeted, looking around as more new noises continued to come from every direction. "I'm . . . " She paused, not sure what to do. On the one hand, Papa had told her not to give her name to strangers, but these people looked like they might be police or firefighters, which were supposed to be friendly.

 

She chewed her lip, feeling her chest tightening with nervousness. Shakily she asked, "A-are you a policeman?"

 

Ray chuckled. "Nope, just someone trying to help keep scary things away."

 

The girl nodded softly. "I'm not supposed to tell my name to strangers."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

"Hmm..." She wasn't quite certain what to say there. The situation was admittedly not one that she was really that familiar with. On the other hand, the premise was more or less the same. "I don't believe so. If anything, this might actually help her in a way. She's the type of person who'll bounce back from things like that quickly, especially when she's already on her way to getting better than she ever was."

 

Jenny gave a confident smile to Zoe. "I know this will work out. I know you two can work things out. Maybe letting out some more emotions to her will help. You only have your own approach to take - but I know you can do it." The woman extended a hand to the muddy girl, a kind look on her face. "Maybe a walk will do some good too?"

 

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe was taken by surprise by the second 'source' of thoughts, and simply nodded in reaction. Still, that left the original topic to return to. She was thankful that it hadn't just been taken over by a new topic for a moment, before she actually cut in again.

 

"As for that Lohe guy... I'm not sure what I think. On one hand, his story makes sense. But at the same time, I'm not sure exactly if he said everything. Still, I trust everyone else who stayed behind. At the very least, he seemed to be alright with co-operating if we did." Still. . . she had to admit that the man calling out Paul on being so defensive was a bit suspicious. "Regardless, I don't think that we could go back even if we wanted to now. So let's hope that this isn't bigger than we think."

 

-==IC: Lucia==-

 

Lucia stopped abruptly as Jamie mentioned how James' status icon vanished for her. Sure enough, as she checked her HUD, she noticed that too. That. . . did not bode well at all. As she wracked her brain for something that could answer this, the woman shook her head with a nervous laugh.

 

"I'm sure it's... just a glitch or something." She didn't want to raise false hopes in case this was more than that - but she knew that she needed to keep Jamie's head in the game. Whatever this was all about, it could wait until after the fight. Lucia just hoped that it wasn't the worse option of the two.

 

-==IC: Ray/Ryan==-

 

That went perfectly well. Ray nodded in understanding, despite this being probably one of the worst situations for the current missions. They needed to get her out of here, but how could they do that if the girl was effectively fighting their rescue attempts? They needed a solution to this before it got out of hand.

 

"What's up?" Ryan asked as he approached. The man set his helmet 'visor' back as he saw Ray's not up, and looked over at the girl with a soft smile for a moment. "Good work on getting her away from the building before it collapse, Ray." The dark suit user looked back to the girl. "What's your name?"

 

"I'll go help find the others." Ray said as he walked toward a pile of rubble near the epicenter of the blast. Inwardly, he wondered if Ryan could actually handle this, but at this point, he knew that he wasn't getting anywhere. As he sifted through the rubble, however, he froze as he noticed the fragments of a knight-like helmet. Right next to it was a destroyed machine that he recognized as one of the same ones that had hitched a ride on the Dark Suit earlier.

 

". . . Um. . . you guys... might want to see this."

Edited by Blessed Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC

 

She sighed again, but this time more out of relief. Repetition was good, she could handle that. She looked up at the man in the suit and noticed that his helmet was different. She shook her head. "I'm not supposed to tell strangers my name unless they're police or firefighters."

 

She tugged on her sleeve lightly and shifted her weight between her feet. "You aren't, are you?"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

"I'm a policeman." It was technically true. Technically enough that Ryan didn't mind using that. "Your name would help everything when we can get back in touch with our bosses." He wanted to ask more things and find out if there was anyone else who was here still, but right now the priority, he felt, should be to try and get the girl to safety.

 

-==IC: Celadon City==-

"We need to talk, sister." Cassie looked up with a small frown as she saw Stacy standing in the doorway. She couldn't tell from looking what her sister wanted, but the tone in her voice implied that this was not a casual talk.

"What's this about?" The redhead put down the files that she was looking at and crossed her arms. "If this is about Mac flirting with that one helper--"

"No, it's not. I'm sure he's already learned his lesson anyway." Stacy frowned slightly, as she walked into the room. "I want to know why you're intent on chasing a ghost, even after we discussed this the other day." The woman grabbed a specific picture of a copper-haired man out of Cassie's hand, and held it up. "Patrick's been dead for years. What makes you think he's suddenly back from the dead now?"

Cassie grit her teeth, and held up the tablet that held the video of Gerald's death. Stacy watched in silence, and then looked up at Cassie. "So it's possible. That could be anyone, however. Including someone who wants to impersonate him so you get involved. What makes you so sure?"

"I'm not 100% sure." Cassie stated flatly, as she dug through the files. She placed down a bunch of unrelated crime scene photos with a neutral look on her face. "These help indicate that if it is him, there's a large problem. I recognize some of these people as Gerald's old work associates. They have the exact same method of execution that he did too - albeit not from within a prison."

Stacy looked through the photos but still didn't seem convinced at all. "So it's someone who had a grudge against Gerald's business. What makes you so sure that it's him? How do you know someone else didn't just have the same sort of grudge?"

"Because of these two reasons." Cassie placed down two more files. "It turns out that Patrick was a spy on the side. Mac's informant had to dig deep to find that, a lot was redacted when he went looking." She noticed that Stacy still didn't seem too convinced.

"And the second reason?"

"I was getting there." The redhead retorted sharply, as she frowned. "Whoever killed those people went after others in their family. Especially anyone who could possibly tie them to the murders. If it's Patrick, then he'd have much more reason to go after people Gerald is close to."

That finally seemed to click with Stacy, whose eyes widened. "You think that one of us is in danger."

"Or a lot of us." Cassie agreed with a nod. "Especially considering Lucia. . ."

"Yes, keep perpetuating that rumour, shall you?"

The two of them froze, and spun around to see a copper haired man wearing a wicked smile. "I would say hello, but it doesn't sound like I'm that welcome. I even flew all this way just for you two." The man inspected the knife in his gloved hand. "I'm wounded. Or I would be, if I was too careless with this knife."

"What do you want...?" Cassie said slowly, as she gripped her arm to try and hide her trembling hand. "Why are you here? Why did you kill Gerald?"

The man tutted with a grin. "Didn't you have this amazing theory just now on why? I'd love to hear it. Maybe it's just revenge... or maybe something more." The man's orange eyes glinted in the dull light of the kitchen. "But first; I want to hear you say who you think I am. Ghosts are made real when you acknowledge them, aren't they?"

Cassie defiantly stayed quiet, but Stacy's lip quivered. "You're Patrick Hakuda. But why go this far? Gerald is dead. You made sure of that. What would you want from us?" The older sister eyed the man nervously, knowing that Pokemon could not help them at this time.

Patrick paused, and looked at Stacy as if noticing her for the first time. "What do I want?" He repeated, as he examined the knife in his hand. "I want what happened to me and my family. Maybe it's petty, but at this point? I just don't care."

"But that wasn't our fault! Gerald was the one responsible, and you know that." Stacy flinched at the unapologetic stare she was being given. It appeared as if that was one of the worst things to say at that precise moment.

"Was it now? Who was the one who fled at the first sign of trouble? No, I would say that Cassie here is the one most responsible for all this trouble." Patrick flipped the knife in his hand, his eyes not betraying the tiniest bit of emotion. "If she had not left, do you think any of this would have happened? There is a trail of death, and it leads right back to you, honey."

"And what about you?" Cassie shot back through clenched teeth. "If you two hadn't been fighting so much, none of this would have happened either. But whatever stupid grudge you had ended up hurting us all in the end."

"I don't really care. You can say all you want, and maybe it really is true. Maybe we just were destined to end up in this scenario. But you're the one who will pay for Gerald's crimes." The man gripped the knife as he drew closer, and then pulled his arm back. "I am the grim reaper and will deliver justice."

.

.

.

Cassie shielded herself with crossed arms as she closed her eyes, waiting for the inevitable strike. However, it didn't come. She slowly opened her eyes and noticed first that the knife was missing. Confused, she glanced around. A gurgle caught her attention. The woman paled as she noticed Stacy had been struck.

"No..." The redhead could not believe her eyes. Her voice came out in but a hoarse whisper, as she caught her sister mid-fall. She tried to keep pressure on the wound, but with the knife in the way... it was both a blessing and a curse. Cassie tried her best. She drowned out the background noises and just focused on Stacy, on her sister. One sound cut through that din and the ever growing crisis.

"By the way. That knife didn't happen to be yours, did it? I hope it didn't have your fingerprints or anything on it." Cassie looked up in alarm at the smiling man. "I guess that's not my worry though, is it? I hope you enjoy this." The woman could do nothing but watch helplessly as Patrick left silently.

"Don't leave me...... not you too..." Cassie whispered, but could not fight the ever growing evidence to the contrary. Tears were in her eyes as she slowly stood up in shock, unable to believe what had just happened. She heard a loud knocking in the distance, but did not even want to process it. When she turned, she noticed one of the helpers covering his mouth. She suddenly realized how it looked.

"This is the Celadon police! We are here to--"

A sudden scream from the helper cut off what Cassie could hear of the speech. This was bad. This was so extremely bad. Cassie knew that staying here would just be what Patrick wanted. The woman pushed past the poor man quickly as she ran out of the room. She ran straight for the back door as she heard the police break the front door open. She didn't care how bad this looked - all she could focus on now was to get away. If she were caught now. . .

Cassie broke through the glass door at the back, and despite the injuries accrued from it, kept on running until she could run no more. Suddenly, she saw a pair of headlights pointed directly at her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC

 

Something about it had the ring of a lie, but it also felt like the truth. The girl stopped her fidgeting and looked at him. "I guess if it'll help . . ." She beckoned for the man to lean closer.

 

Quietly, so only he could hear it, she told him her name.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zoe Llyan - Forest, Four Island

Zoe took the woman's hand and let her lead her through the trees. Esmeralda and Merida trailed closely behind, keeping just enough distance to give their trainer the space they felt she needed. Zoe retreated into her own thoughts for a time, and they had traveled a fair distance in silence before she spoke up. "Do you ever get into fights with any of your siblings?" The moment the question left her lips, Zoe realized that she didn't know if the Space Princess even had any brothers or sisters. She quickly added an addendum. "Or with Mr. Ex-Hero Space Guy?"

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Hallway, The Alamo

Dahlia giggled at Jared's reaction to Sylph speaking. "I agree," she said as the conversation turned back to Lohe. "It's out of our hands now. We can ask the others if they noticed anything suspicious when we get back, but until then there's no point in worrying over it."

 

Ryan kept quiet, his eyes trained on Jared. The aura wielder was just trying to raise his concerns, and Ryan had turned it into an opportunity to find dirt on the guy. It felt like his quarrel with Ray all over again. Was he really that petty? Ryan stared down at his feet and let the others continue their conversation without him. He had already proven he had nothing constructive to add.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize/Jared Winters

 

"Right, we'll trust Paul and Kyle and the others. For now, we have poaching to look into!" Xander Cruize, in his best impression of Evan Tierra, shot a finger into the air and let a grin spread over his face. "We'll make these guys regret thinking they could get away with it under Liberty's nose!"

 

Jared raised an eyebrow, looking to Dahlia. "Are all your friends like this?" he asked as they passed through the front doors of the Alamo.

 

There was a screech from above, and then an Altaria was circling the group, a girl in a ranger outfit sitting astride its back. Lachina pulled back, causing Aolani to hover next to Jared, and grinned. "Hey again, Dahlia!" She waved.

 

Jared cleared his throat. "I hope nobody minds if Lachina comes along? She'll be going with us to Kalos, too, and . . ."

"And I'm a Pokémon Ranger, so dealing with poachers is sorta in my wheelhouse."

 

Xander shrugged. "No complaints here. Chloe, Ryan, do you guys mind?"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Feral Tierra, tall, dark and trapped in Jenny Hakuda

As his captor and Zoe spoke, Feral couldn't help but listen to the two speak, his "eyes" gleamed with curiosity. The former Spacial Horror admitted that before this, he was getting bored. So when she sighted Zoe on her stroll, and -then- started playing the part of a spooky villain, the dark side of Evan Tierra applauded her. He thought a little harmless fun, especially now, would go a long way. After that, he bobbed in and out of the conversation, until Zoe got to her latest question, with it's addendum. "Well, chieftain, have you gotten into any fights with your siblings?" He asked, a little mischief creeping into his voice. "Or with that goofball of a Hero? I'm genuinely intrigued about either......~"

Edited by Dr. Hidaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - The Alamo, Four Island

"Are all your friends like this?"

 

Dahlia was about to remark on Xander's stunningly accurate Evan Tierra impersonation, but the arrival of a certain Ranger pushed all thoughts of Xander from her mind. "Lachina! How've you been? I bet arresting poachers and saving the day is all second nature to you, huh? Maybe you could give us some tips."

 

Ryan studied the new arrival currently chatting it up with Dahlia. She seemed awfully young to be an official Ranger, but he felt a dissenting opinion from him would not be taken kindly. Besides, she was clearly friends with Dahlia, and Jared seemed confident enough in her abilities. He shrugged and glanced over at Chloe. "I'm fine with it if you are."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

Chloe looked over in surprise at the new arrival, and thought things over before she answered. "I don't see any problem. Just keep in mind, we may need to fight - we might be going there to investigate, but from what I've seen before, people don't always take too kindly to investigations. If there are guards, we may need to deal with them." She gave a smile, however. "But most of you are going on that mission, so this is a good time to get prepared for that sorta stuff."

 

This would make for a good testing ground for the groups. Still. . . the psychic had an uneasy feeling about the mission. Kyle seemed unsettled when the Signs were brought up. Who knew what they would be in for here? To add onto that, who knew what would happen once her and the others actually began to head to the Signs' headquarters? The woman also knew, however, that someone had to do this. So if they needed to fight, she would fight alongside anyone who joined them on these missions.

 

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

"My younger brother and I bickered a bunch when we were younger. I kinda ignored him a little the past while because of things forcing that, but things are better now." Jenny thought for a moment about the second question. "Evan and I have had some moments where we've fought. Everyone has arguments, really; some worse than others." She hid a smile at Feral's comments, and shrugged. "It's really the aftermath of everything that counts."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize/Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon

 

"I've been good, how about you? Where's your sister at?"

 

"Believe me, we know how investigations can go south." Jared chuckled wryly. "Lachina's been through a scrape or two with me."

 

The girl nodded. "I may not be fantastic in a fight, but I can definitely hold my own."

Xander chuckled. "Alright, then. Let's head on out." With a grin and another dramatic point of his finger, he started leading the group towards the nearby city.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

At Zarth's telepathic reply, Lafoyae blinked in disbelief. Amanda Zarth was not exactly listed to be psychic. However, that didn't matter much to the agent, but she felt curious enough to throw a message to the Plasma Agent. "How are you responding Zarth? Comms seem to be down." The Assassin's voice rang in the recipient's mind. "Regardless, we should prepare ourselves. Our foes may be down, but reinforcements are certain."

IC: Evan Tierra

Somewhere, as Evan Tierra searched high and low for Colette, he felt a disturbance in the force. As if someone was acting as hammy and cheesy as him! When he was done with Colette, he'd make sure to track down the culprit and give them a piece of his mind. Smiling as he went along, the Hero of Space continued his search with renewed vim and vigor.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Spoiler warning, music links are from Samus Returns if one cares about music spoilers (they're from near the start of the game, if it helps).

 

IC: Amanda Zarth

 

The Plasma Knight was surprised to hear of the communications error. I am...uncertain. I believe I may be injured, or else my suit is no longer responding to my commands, potentially both. I do not at present know my own location nor status. Her hand drifted to the Pokéballs at her belt, considering a possibility. Would this be telepathic communication? I was...unaware that those without psychic powers could return communications in such a manner. Something about the statement rang false to her, but the alternative would be a possession of a latent psionic potential, something that was decidedly unlikely given her past association with those who would have screened for such abilities...

 

Meanwhile, the Magnezone spun, scanning the scene. Its glowing gaze fell upon at least two Trainers, standing around a smaller, unknown figure, while a third seemed to be searching for the remainder just as the Magnezone was. The Steel-type fought down the feelings emerging from the separation. It would find its Trainer, it was necessary, and therefore a workable solution required calculation--

 

There. A pool of water, seeping out from beneath the remnants of a wall shattered by impact. There was something...odd...about the substance, but more importantly, it matched its Trainer's last known trajectory based on the position of the Leopyred and the location to which the Magnezone had been propelled. It stretched out with its senses, knowing it could not Lock On but desperately wishing it could...

 

Amanda stopped, fingers lightly dusting the surface of the Plasma Balls. There was...something...a distant feeling, tugging at her. Something at the back of her mind, perhaps stimulated by her psychic conversation, something almost begging her to just...push--

 

The world bloomed out around her, a boundless realm of pink and purple clouds. She herself was surrounded my a miasma of misty white haze, arcs of pale magenta energy flowing down and through, but past she could barely make out a few points of bright white light, surrounded by halos of dim color. ...five, six, seven, she counted to herself. We're missing two, where is--?

 

And then the Magnezone was before her, glowing in her own violet aura, unlike the others completely visible despite the translucent hue. Amanda's mind struggled for answers. What--? How--?

 

The Magnezone battered through the boulders between it and its Trainer, the Electric-type uncaring of the electrical sparks splashing through the shattered remains of a water pipe. Within the suit, Amanda cried out as the suit's screen flashed brightly from the interference. So, malfunctioning, not ruined, she managed to note, before the Magnezone made--

 

Contact.

 

A flash of childlike panic, concern, and relief briefly flooded the telepathic link, before it unraveled entirely as the inexperienced psychic was overwhelmed. As the feedback faded, however, she found herself able to hold on--just barely--to that unfamiliar corner of her own mind. For once, she was at a loss for words...well, all but one.

 

"Fascinating..."

 

OOC:

Amanda (+4 Def, +2 SAtk, +4 SDef, +2 Speed): Telepathy (psionics), ESP (psionics)

Magnezone: clear rubble from in front of Amanda

Edited by Flipz


 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Kyle Eston/Levi Alaric/Sonja Baron - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

 

Sonja nodded toward the cafeteria exit. "Right this way." She gave a look to Kyle as she passed by, though he couldn't quite figure out what she was feeling. Was it uncertainty? Suspicion? Whatever it was, she looked troubled.

 

As she disappeared through the door with Lohe, Paul, and Olivia, Kyle glanced first at Ellen, and then at Levi. "Never a dull moment . . ." he repeated. With Levi still wrapped around his waist, all he could really do was pat his hand on the kid's shoulder. "Hey--let's go somewhere quieter. I feel like it's gotten pretty noisy in here."

 

Finally, Levi peeled himself away from Kyle, stepping back and rubbing his arm against his eyes. They--and most of the rest of his face--remained red from crying. "I'm sorry . . ." he said quietly. "I know I shouldn't cry . . ."

 

 

 

The conference rooms weren't particularly far. Sonja held the door open, allowing the others inside and never taking her eyes off of Lohe as he passed by her. She followed after them, making sure to pull the door closed behind them--as well as locking it in case any curious parties decided to come snooping around.

 

She didn't speak until she had taken a seat, sitting on the edge of the table with her arms crossed. Her eyes remained on Lohe's face. "So," she said. "Before I tell you anything--how come you didn't go to Blackskull or Silvermind? Last I heard, both were still here. I'd think they'd be able to make time for someone from the Alolan government."

 

 

IC - Essence Ponder - Esen Windred/Skye Hall - Kotahi Village, 2nd Street:

 

Sound traveled easily in Kotahi Village. Already, echoes of battle carried over from the beach, signaling that other groups had arrived and engaged their enemy. Esen turned south, and then looked back the way they had come. In her peripherals, she saw the Fighting-Type and Psychic-Type suits turn green again.

 

"What should we do?" Skye asked. "They could be hurt back there?"

 

"We need to go to the beach," Esen answered. "Two of suits caught in that blast came back online just now. It must've been a temporary disruption." She glanced between the rest of her unit. "They'll be fine--let's just make sure that they can get some time to recuperate before they have to fight again." She headed south again, followed a short moment later by Skye.

 

 

IC - Tier Climb/Echo Order - Sleight/Jackson Sang - Kotahi Village, Main Street:

 

From a pile of debris in the middle of the street, a bronze-colored arm erupted in a spray of rock and ash. It felt around for a hold, and upon finding one, proceeded to pull the rest of its body out into the light. Sleight shook his head as he emerged, trying to clear the ringing from his ears. Although the Rock-Type suit had cut the damage from the Leopyred's attack in half, the concussive force alone was still enough to make the Shadow Admin second-guess his current health. When his scanners had stabilized, he allowed himself a moment to breathe a sigh of relief.

 

"Tier Climb, Echo Order," he called over the radio. "Report status."

 

Several yards away, another pile shifted as Sang dug himself out. The Ground-Type suit bore more obvious signs of damage from the Pyrrhic Victor attack, but nonetheless remained operational. Sang gave a shaken thumbs-up. "Let's not do that again?"

 

 

IC - Lyre Play - Goldhawk vs. Maulice (x2)/Leopyred/Harpreak/Minotore (x2)/Fraygrins/Phantashade - Kotahi Village, Beach:

 

So the battle both began and resumed. Goldhawk clenched his hands, prompting electricity to crackle around his gauntlets. "Aim to distract, not to destroy," he called over the comms. "At least not until back-up arrives." He looked to the skyline of Kotahi Village. Atop two buildings, he saw the flash of light on rifle scopes. "Entry Guard, Valley Watch, we're relying on you for cover fire."

 

"Understood, Goldhawk," Captain Graves responded. "Ready when you are."

 

Goldhawk switched comms. "Homestead, any updates on these new Instances?"

 

"Affirmative, Goldhawk," the IMC technician answered. "IMC has scanned data patterns and produced the following results." Images of the three new Instances appeared on the screen. "Instance 006, Minotore, Fighting-Type. Instance 009, Phantashade, Ghost-Type. Instance 010, Fraygrins, Grass-Type."

 

It's getting quicker and more capable at data-gathering already . . . Pushing the thought aside for now, Goldhawk turned back to the battlefield, observing the damage so far. Ava's Gunk Shot flew toward the Harpreak. The Flying-Type Instance noticed the incoming attack and rolled through the air to avoid it, catching a wing in Jayron's Twister attack. This sent it into a downward spiral toward the beach, which it recovered from just before striking the sand. With an ear-piercing shriek, it flapped its wings, launching dual blades of wind at its attackers.

 

Likewise, the Phantashade dropped downward as soon as it saw Dack aiming for it, vanishing into its own shadow. While initially appearing to be a Shadow Sneak attack, the darkness soon vanished, with not even the umbilical cord offering much of a clue as to where the Ghost-Type had disappeared to--or where it planned to emerge.

 

That left Theodore and his face-off against the Fraygrins. As he approached, the Grass-Type's head and rose-like hands spun in careless circles on its body, grinning all the while at their opponent. Its plant-like body twisted and turned, and the roses on its upper vine-arms began to glow dimly, drawing in what little sunlight now reached the beach through Richard's rain cloud.

 

That left the Leopyred, Maulice, and Minotore to deal with.

 

Goldhawk activated his comm. "Apollo, you have a type advantage over that Leopyred--use it," he ordered. "Entry Guard and Valley Watch, focus one each on those Maulice. Aim for the eyes." He set his own eyes on the approaching Minotore. "I'll slow the Fighting-Types down."

 

He thrust a hand forward, sending out an electric pulse at the Minotore. The weak electric waves enveloped their bodies, successfully paralyzing one yet seeming to only annoy the other. A frown spread across his face as Goldhawk readied himself for their counterattack. While one struggled to move, the other Minotore loosed an angered huff, raising its larger arm and taking aim. A blast of pure energy shot toward Goldhawk, which exploded in a shower of sand as it struck the ground where he had stood a moment before.

 

Around them, gunshots echoed as the two teams of snipers took aim and fired at the pair of Maulice. All eight shots aimed true, striking the Ice-Types in the eyes and eliciting groans of what could only be described as pain. Even blinded, however, the creatures moved to counter the assault, hurtling Icicle Spear attacks into the air that gradually curved back down to earth toward Valley Watch and Entry Guard's positions, raining pointed hail down upon them. 

 

OOC:

 

Harpreak: Air Slash > Jayron/Ava

Phantashade: Phantom Force > ?

Fraygrins: Solar Beam > Theodore

Goldhawk: Thunder Wave > Minotore (missed), Minotore (hit)

Minotore 1: Paralyzed

Minotore 2: Focus Blast > Goldhawk (missed)

Maulice 1: Icicle Spear > Entry Guard

Maulice 2: Icicle Spear > Valley Watch


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - En Route to Keturi City, Four Island

"I'm doing fine," Dahlia said. "Olivia would have come along with us, but she stayed back to talk to some Alolan government guy that showed up in the cafeteria. We all agree there was something weird about him, but Liv can handle herself."

 

As they walked, Ryan quickened his pace to move next to Xander. "Any idea where we'll start looking, oh fearless leader?" he asked with a light chuckle. "If it was any other settlement on the island I'd suggest starting at the port, but Keturi sits pretty much dead center. Maybe we should check shipment logs at the airport?"

 

 

IC: Ellen Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

"You shouldn't be afraid to cry," Ellen said softly. She stepped toward Levi and looked into his puffy eyes. Hers, while not quite as bad, still carried residual redness. "You saw my breakdown earlier. Even with Chloe and Evan and everyone else trying to make me feel better, I can't help but cry. I'm still terrified, I'm worried sick, and I still feel guilt for the part I played in everything. I don't know if we'll ever recover from this. But within the sadness, within the pain, you have to remember one thing, Levi."

 

Ellen reached out and placed both hands on the boy's shoulders and offered him a melancholy smile. "You are not alone." Her eyes glistened as she repeated herself with stronger conviction. "You are not alone. I know it's hard. I know you'd rather not think about it. But if you ever want to talk -- or if you need a shoulder to cry on -- know that I'm here for you."

 

 

IC: Lyre Play/Moment Record - Theodore Willows/Ava Willows/Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron vs. Maulice (x2)/Leopyred/Harpreak/Minotore (x2)/Fraygrins/Phantashade - Kotahi Village, Beach

"Distraction. I can do that." Theodore ran down the beach, waving his arms wildly to draw the Fraygrins away from the rest of the group. "Hey, Rosebud! What's with the freaky circle dance? You won't be grinning like that when I'm through with you!"

 

"Theo, what do you think you're--" Ava gasped as the Harpreak's Air Slash slammed into her, knocking her down into the sand.

 

"Don't worry, honey!" Theodore called out as he continued to egg the Fraygrins on. "I've got everything under control; you just worry about yourself."

 

Ava groaned as she sat up, cursing her husband for his reckless strategy. Finding herself winded but relatively unharmed, she quickly scanned the rest of the battlefield. Jayron's Dragon-Dance-boosted speed had allowed him to dodge the Harpreak's attack and the executive was now responding with a Dragon Pulse aimed at the flying Instance. The Maulice were blinded, Apollo had been ordered to handle the Leopyred, and Goldhawk had paralyzed a Minotore. That left the other Minotore that had avoided paralysis. Placing one hand in the sand behind her to steady herself, Ava took aim at the second Minotore and fired a Toxic blast at the beast.

 

 

Dack took a cautious step backward. "Be on your guard," he said. "There's no telling when or where that thing will pop out of whatever shadow realm it went into."

 

"Or is there?" Madison scanned through her suit's list of protocols. When she found what she was looking for, she turned off her cloaking and reappeared at Dack's side. "There's no telling if this will work, but it's worth a try. I'll be back in a jiffy."

 

Before Dack could protest, Madison's suit glowed with a ghostly power and she dropped down into her own shadow much like the Phantashade. An instant later the Ghost-Type suit's marker blinked out of his HUD. "Madison, come in!" Dack said through the comms. "Madison!" He took another step backward, casting a wary eye on the tiny shadows formed by the lumps of sand at his feet.

 

He was not content to just stand there and wait for Madison or the Phantashade to emerge. Directing his attention to the rest of the battlefield, Dack noticed a hand full of Icicle Spears arcing through the air toward the Entry Guard and Valley Watch units positioned back in the city. That, he could handle. Turning around to take aim, he shot off a Flame Burst. With any luck the wide-ranging attack would take out a majority of the icicles before they reached their targets.

 

 

IC: Madison Morrow - Phantom Plane

She emerged in what appeared to be the same place. Her first thought was that the suit had malfunctioned. Then she noticed that the sixteen other suits displayed in her HUD had gone offline. Dack appeared to be yelling at her feet, but nothing came through the comms, and with his helmet on his words were too muffled to make out.

 

That was when she realized the entire world had significantly dimmed, as if someone had set the sun on half-power. Colors were muted, shadows more intense. The sounds of battle reached her ears muted like Dack's voice, as if she were listening from the other side of a thick wall. A chill ran down her spine as she came to the conclusion that the Phantom Force protocol had worked after all. She was in another plane of existence. She had become a ghost.

 

Madison's wonder at this dark, eerie world came to a halt when she spotted the Phantashade taking up a position behind Dack like a grim reaper about to strike. A shadowy tendril tethered the Instance back to the Missing Zero's core. "Dack, behind you!" Madison yelled.

 

At first it looked like Dack had heard her. He turned around as if to face his ghostly assailant, but looked past it into the sky before shooting out bursts of flame. The fire contained no warmth and provided only minimal light as it sailed through the air. With a sinking feeling Madison realized she was all alone with the ghostly creature in this grim world.

 

The Phantashade was already repositioning itself behind its target. Madison grit her teeth. "Not on my watch." Fear gave way to resolve, and Madison charged toward the Instance with all her might. Dark claws erupted out of her clenched fists -- courtesy of the Shadow Claw protocol -- and with a vicious scream she dove at the Phantashade with every intent to impale it.

 

OOC:

Theodore: "taunt" -> Fraygrins

Ava (+1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Accuracy +1 Sp. Def): Toxic -> Minotore 2

Jayron: (+1 Atk, +1 Spd): Dragon Pulse -> Harpreak

Dack: Flame Burst -> Icicle Spears

Madison (in Phantom Plane): Phantom Force -> enter Phantom Plane; Shadow Claw -> Phantashade

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IC: Keturi Investigation Dispatch

 

"'Fearless leader,' I like that." Xander chuckled softly, winking to show he was kidding. "You know the area better than I do, so that sounds like a good place to start." He thought for a second, then sighed. "Except we're not technically on a mission, we can't play the Liberty card to get stuff like that from them without the commanders hearing about it."

 

Jared nodded. "Considering three of us aren't even Liberty agents, maybe not such a good idea. Besides, cargo manifests wouldn't tell us where the Pokémon end up in the city."

 

"Yeah," Lachina chimed in. "We'd be better off checking out things like truck rental services and warehouses."

 

"That's a good point." Ryan took out his Pokégear and pulled up a map of the city. "It looks like the industrial district is in the northwest. That's probably where we'll find storage facilities and the like."

 

Xander nodded softly. "Alright then. With two psychics and an aura user, we shouldn't have too much trouble finding them."

 

"Hmm..." Chloe thought for a moment, as she considered that. "Jared, you're the aura user, right? You just mentioned it, after all. Think you can scan for a bunch of scared Pokemon's auras? From what I've read, it should like, light up like a heavily decorated Abomasnow."

 

The silver-haired trainer nodded. "Shouldn't be too hard, though I can only get solid readings out to about a mile before it all blends together, and it's worse in crowded places." He smiled. "I'll give it a shot once we get to that area of town."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zoe Llyan - Forest, Four Island

"The aftermath of everything . . ." Zoe pondered those words for a long moment. Sounds of the forest filled the silence -- the rustling of the wind through the trees before fluttering through the girls' hair, the distant song of a chorus of Pidgey, the soft crinkling of a fallen leaf Esmeralda had started to chew on. The sounds of nature helped clear her mind in a way that provided a comforting peace Zoe had not felt in a very long time.

 

At long last she looked up at the brave, mysterious, and kind Space Princess. She who presented herself in a bombastic flair worthy of the Shooting-Star Dragon she rode, and yet had suddenly revealed herself to be more down to earth than anyone Zoe knew. She wasn't some infallible goddess from the stars -- she was a mere human, like Zoe, with her own problems and moments of weakness. And so was Collie. Perhaps, Zoe realized, she had held her sister up on an impossible pedestal.

 

"If I apologize . . . do you think Collie will forgive me?" Zoe shook her head. "No, even if she doesn't, I have to tell her I'm sorry. I said some terrible things to her, and she doesn't deserve my . . ." Her breath caught in her throat and she stopped walking as she felt a knot form in her chest. "She doesn't deserve me."

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City

Following the map on his Pokégear, Ryan led the group into the city before heading west to the industrial district. Flashing advertisements and bustling businesses gave way to warehouses and factories, and Dahlia quickly realized that most of the people in this area were workers. It was by no means a tourist attraction, and she feared six teenagers and a one-armed Gardevoir looked incredibly out of place.

 

Ryan seemed to be leading them with enough purpose, for nobody stopped to ask the group if they were lost. Nevertheless, the knowledge that the poachers could be anywhere made Dahlia view everyone with an ounce of suspicion. It was unsettling for the middle Seaton, who was used to seeing the good in everybody, to suddenly find herself focusing on the bad.

 

"So, um . . . what's the plan when we find these poachers?" she asked no one in particular. "Like Xander said, we're not really here on Liberty business, and half of us aren't even with Liberty, so do we even have the authority to place them under arrest?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize/Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon

 

Xander nodded. "Good point. If you'll remember, though, this isn't a mission. We're just a few Liberty Agents and a few friends out exploring the nearby city in our free time. If we happen to stumble across some people performing illicit activities -- vandalism, theft, or, say, poaching -- then we should investigate as the people on the scene. And if those people just happen to try and attack us, we'll be well within our rights to defend ourselves and apprehend them."

 

Jared could only stare in stunned silence. The mental gymnastics Xander was doing to justify his wrongdoing was . . .  interesting, to stay the least.

 

"Though," Xander said, tapping his chin in thought, "we should probably actually hit some shops at some point today, too, just so it doesn't seem like this is the whole reason we came here. Before or after, though, that is the question."

 

Lachina frowned softly. "If we're looking for alibis, better to do it before hand. 'Exploring the city' only really makes sense if we hit the attractions first and then make our way to the bad part of town, right?"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

"I don't believe tha-" Jenny began to cough a bit, as she leaned against Zoe with a grimace on her face. Her Scizor looked over in surprise as the woman covered her mouth with her free arm.

 

The sudden shift in weight caught Zoe off guard, and she looked up in surprise. "Miss Space Princess?" she asked, trying hard to hide the nervousness in her voice. "Are you alright?"

 

After a couple moments, the woman nodded, as she caught her breath for a few moments. "Y-yeah... I should be fine to get out of here..." Jenny gave an awkwardly confident smile, but still seemed a little more uneasy than she had beforehand. "Scizlite, can you scout ahead for the exit?" The Scizor nodded and took off through the forest. The redhead gave a slightly rueful chuckle after. "I guess I pushed my luck a bit too much there."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Four Island

Ryan couldn't believe his ears. "We're already here, I don't think we should be wasting time on a shopping spree." He turned to Jared, Chloe, and Dahlia for support. "There's being cautious, and there's being paranoid. We don't need to justify our reasoning if we've caught the perpetrators."

 

"Normally I'd agree with you, Ryan." Dahlia frowned. "But Xander and Lachina are right; if things go south we don't want to be caught without an alibi, nor would we want to risk divulging Kyle's involvement. Besides," the gardener put on a grin. "I could use some shopping."

 

That was half the human members of the group. Ryan looked at Sylph. "Do you agree with Xander?" he asked desperately.

 

IC: Zoe Llyan - Forest, Four Island

"If you have a cold, we should get you some medicine." While Jenny had managed to calm Zoe's initial fright, the young girl was still shaken. It slowly dawned on her that if the older girl got too sick to continue, Zoe had no idea where they were or how to get help. Ignoring her panicked thoughts, she carefully tried to lead Jenny in the direction the Scizor had gone. "My mom has some medicine she always gives me when I have a bad cough. It should help. You'll be alright." Her words were to assure herself as much as the unsteady Space Princess.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize/Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon/Sylph

 

The Gardevoir paused for a moment, somewhat surprised to be addressed directly. Most people considered her, like any other Pokémon, to be an accessory of Xander. Then again, Ryan had also spoken to her in Lilycove, asking her about her arm. She smiled softly. "If it makes you feel better, Ryan, you can justify it as you buying supplies that Liberty might not grant you for the upcoming mission."

 

Xander smiled. "I don't foresee the situation changing much in an hour or two, but I'll defer to others. Chloe, Jared, thoughts?"

 

Jared scowled, shaking his head. "I'm with Ryan on this one. We're here already, and there's no point in wasting time or money on shopping that we probably won't even be able to carry with us while investigating anyways."

 

Lachina rolled her eyes. "It's not like we're going to buy a new TV for our rooms or anything. Just some potions  and the like to put in our bags."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jamie Arthur - One Island

 

"Y-yeah. Yeah, that makes sense," she said whilst clenching her fists. "Yeah, come on!" she shouted, trying to pick up speed to outpace the others, but the weight of the Steel type suit kept her running about even pace.

 

 

IC: Richard Apollo: One Island

 

As the raindrops beat against the sand, Richard leaned back imagining the sound of a violin. He'd love to play this song before beginning this performance. Before he could start to sing, however, he remembered the piano. For a brief moment, his lip wavered as he remembered those notes.

 

"You are the ocean's gray waves, destined to seek

Life beyond the shore, just out of reach,"

 

At his words water from the rain began to coalesce into bright bubbles. The reflecting light created a spotlight on Richard.

 

"Yet the waters ever change, flowing like time

The path is yours to climb."

 

At the conclusion of the line, the bubbles formed waves of water. Those waves rapidly danced away, rushing towards the Leopyred.

 

 

OOC: Richard: +1 Def

 

 

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

 

The tired man looked vaguely in the general directions of each of the three people in the room with him. His yawning had subsided somewhat, but his head still drooped on occasion. When Lohe heard the names 'Blackskull' and 'Silvermind' he leaned his head up slightly trying to recall those names.

 

"All I got told was that they were all busy with some mission," Lohe said looking towards Sonja. "Couldn't tell you what it was, though."

 

"Been trying to find someone to deal with since I got here, but it's been havoc. I haven't even found a place to put my stuff," he said, vaguely gesturing to the backpack on his back. "Who's even in charge of diplomatic housing?"

 

 

IC: Claus Diamond - Four Island

 

"Used to it," Claus grumbled quietly as he got up.

 

"My name's Claus," he said dusting himself off. "I wasn't exactly looking where I was going either. So... sorry," he said awkwardly. "I guess I have a lot on my mind right now."

 

 

 

IC: Guinevere - Stacy's Mansion

 

Guinevere was staring into a glass of water whilst two Grimer were tending to her, when a shout rang out into room. Before any of the three could react, the sound of police sirens too were entering the room.

 

A crime? Here? the Gardevoir thought with a worried expression on her face. The mansion was never exactly empty, especially with the Grimer moving in and out of it. It wasn't exactly an easy place to rob. She had a pit in her stomach, so she turned to her attendants.

 

Could you keep the police outside for a few minutes? I want to know what is going on, she asked as one helped her stand up. She was down to one crutch now, even without psychic power on her side.

 

Both of the Grimers bowed to her before ducking into the nearest restroom. Asking Grimer to distract anybody was quite literally dirty business. But they were effective, she could only hope the police wouldn't figure out it was her that was going to be the cause of their noses requiring psychiatric care.

 

Guinevere rushed as fast as a crutch would allow her to towards the sound of the scream. For her to have heard it through a closed door, it could not have been far. As she entered the hallway, she turned and saw a broken door leading outside. If the police took it, her distraction was going to be meaningless. She had to hope the element of surprise would be enough. Turning down a corridor, she saw an open door. Peeking inside, she saw the mansion's kitchen. But more importantly, she saw what had caused the scream. She rushed towards the opposite side of the room to see more closely, hoping her eyes were mistaken.

 

They were not.

 

There she was. Stacy lying on her back, a knife sticking out of her chest, as blood pooled on top of her clothes. Using a wall to guide her descent, Guinevere leaned down to the ground. The Gardevoir shook the face of the woman slightly. The body felt cold and elicited no response. She placed her fingers on the woman's neck. No pulse and her chest wasn't moving. Guinevere averted her eyes for a moment. This wasn't the first corpse she had seen, and depending on her choices, it would not be likely not be her last. Still it hurt. It was not that they were close. She had been a stranger to Stacy, yet she had been welcomed in her home when she felt like she didn't have one.

 

She brought her hand up to her face, clenched it and exhaled into it. There was little chance that she would be able to add anything of value to the investigation, but she wouldn't be satisfied until she had taken the chance. Guinevere forced herself back up using the crutch and the wall.

 

The first thing to check was the body. Blood was pouring from where the knife entered the body at a trickle. She had already exsanguinated by this point. However she didn't see another source of blood. While it was possible Stacy had other injuries obscured by her clothing, she couldn't afford to disturb the body any further. The handle of the knife was straight before ending in a slight curve. No cross-guard or grooves. It didn't seem to be a combat knife, not like one she had seen at least. That probably meant...

 

She scanned the room for a minute. It occurred to her in her search that except for the corpse and the blood, there were no signs of a struggle. No knocked over pots or overturned tables. No other bloodstains. The Gardevoir thought about the human body for a moment. She wasn't sure of the precise location of vital organs in their bodies, but the fact that Stacy was already dead implied that one had been hit. Between the lack of a struggle and a well aimed stab, the culprit had either been able to take her by surprise and was very lucky, or was experienced enough to know exactly what they were doing. No concrete proof either way though.

 

Using her crutch, she hopped over to the other end of the room. Being the kitchen of a mansion, the room was relatively large for a kitchen. Guinevere had to rest for a moment when she reached what she was looking for. A block of kitchen knives. The handles matched the one sticking out of the corpse, and precisely one was missing. Lacking the time to confirm that there were no others knives in the kitchen, she had to make the assumption that the murder weapon was the missing knife.

 

She pondered the size of the room again as she looked back towards the body. Taking note of the obstructions of counters in the room, she concluded it was possible that someone could enter in the room and take a knife before being seen. Without further evidence, it would be impossible to tell who entered the room first.

 

Guinevere was hopping back over to the body, when she noticed the table. On it were various pictures and a folder. She paused for a moment, considering that the folder may be searched for fingerprints. Turning around, she grabbed a spatula from a holder and turned herself around again.

 

When she reached the table, she took a moment to look at the photographs. The faces in them were unknown to her, but she seared the images into her head. If she saw any of these faces again, she would recognize them. Finally turning her attention to the folder next to them. Carefully, she turned the folder open with the spatula revealing it's content. She flipped through a few pages, when noticed that page numbers were occasionally being skipped. Were pages missing? If so, who took them?

 

Her thoughts were interrupted. The police sirens had intensified, she didn't have long. Whatever the Grimer were doing would be cleared up in a few moments. She needed to finish quickly. She turned one more page and paused.

 

At the top of the page was the word "Victims". Directly beneath it was a list of names she didn't recognize. Names that probably matched the pictures, she considered. She tried to memorize as many of these as she could before her eyes turned to the bottom of the page. At the bottom of the page "Revenge?" was listed.

 

She wanted to ponder what that meant, but she had to leave now. Using the spatula to flip the folder closed, she started for the exit. She paused only long enough to return the spatula, before exiting out the back door.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC:Adam Zynthic==-

 

Adam clapped his mouth shut at the ghastly butler's arrival. Feeling behind him to reassure himself of Wiggy's familiar presence, he did his best to put something solid behind him without drawing attention nor taking his eyes off the stranger.

 

"I don't suppose your mysterious mistress would be satisfied with a rain check?" he finally managed, cursing his own unpreparedness.

 

Wiggy, for his part, eyed the butler mistrustfully, aged eyes and nostrils widening and narrowing as his animal senses strained to make heads or tails of the newcomer.



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ruth Fishers

 

The girl was silent as the butler made his proclamation, but now she spoke up. With Caliburn floating at her side,Ruth stepped forward. "We don't really have time for a party right now. How about you give us our clothes back and let us go?"

 

Her faithful sword growled agreement, his shield lowering threateningly.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

"Don't worry..." With a slight wince, Jenny gave a more confident smile and walked forward on her own strength again. As she turned around, she pointed at Zoe with a grin and nodded. "We'll make it out, and I'll be fine. I have a few things wrong with me, but the doctors have told me it'd take a while to get bad. Honestly? I think the cough's just me inhaling a speck of dust or something."

 

Whether the woman was bluffing or not, her face did not betray. However, she turned around and began to hum to herself. "You coming? I think I see Scizlite ahead, she should have an answer on where we need to go."

 

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe looked around in dismay, but then sighed. They were so close, yet so so far now. She cast an apologetic look to Ryan.

 

"Guess we're outnumbered." The psychic said with a hint of defeat in her voice. "Sylph does have a point though; I dunno about you guys, but I don't really have anything really planned to take for this mission. Some of the stuff we have now might not actually work, especially if we need to blend in more. So let's try and get what we need, but not make it too long. We don't want to let too much time pass." As she reminded them on the fact that they were kinda pressed for time overall, she began to turn around and head back the way they came, despite the fact that the shopping district was to their side.

 

-==IC: Lucia==-

 

Lucia quickened her pace a bit to keep herself even with Jamie, and patted her on the shoulder for a moment. She needed to keep her head in the game, as did the rest of them. "After this is all over, we should like, try and relax for a bit or something. Dunno how, but I'm sure we could figure something out." As the beach approached in her vision, she prepared herself for what was ahead. "Maybe something that doesn't involve fire. That would be quite nice."

 

As the group of four actually arrived on the battlefield, the woman in the grass suit noticed just how... crowded the enemies were starting to get. "Let's give the others some backup." Not waiting for the opinions of the rest of them, Lucia prepared the Razor Leaf protocol. She then fired off some of the leaves in question at the Minotore that was moving faster as she attempted to take some of the heat off of Goldhawk.

 

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

"That's a very nice name." Ryan gave a smile to the girl, as his comms crackled back to life finally. "One moment." The man stood up for a moment, and pressed his hand to the comms button.

 

"Base, this is the Dark Suit. We have a little girl here who hasn't been evacuated yet." As soon as the crew responded, he gave the girl's name to them, and waited for a moment. While he waited, however, he knelt back down and looked at the young girl. "We have a place to go for evacuations a little ways away. Would you like me to take you there?"

 

-==IC: Ray==-

 

Ray bit his lip, and looked over as he saw Sleight pull himself out of the debris. He tentatively picked up the broken helmet, and walked over to him.

 

"Sir, there might be a bit of a problem, but I'd rather not talk about it over the comms..." The young man said grimly without activating the link. He held up the shattered headpiece, a troubled look on his face. "I don't want morale to be hurt, but I feel you should weigh in what to do here..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Butler - Old Chateau

 

The butler's face hardly changed. He was taken aback slightly by the threats, but didn't seem immediately threatened.

 

"The mistress is always stubborn about these things. Not helping is the presence of the clown who organized the party," he complained, turning away from the group for a moment.

 

"Your clothes are currently being laundered. They will be ready for you in the front hall," the butler remarked offhandedly before stepping towards the door.

 

"If you wish to leave, I will not stand in your way," he said holding the door open. "However, do think about accepting her invitation. It would make things easier for all of us."


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC

 

The girl chewed her lip. "I should, but . . ." She felt her chest tighten as panic began to set in again. "What if my parents aren't there?" she asked feebly. Tears stung her eyes, threatening to spill down her cheeks. She tried to swallow around the lump in her throat. "I don't know anyone else."

 

IC: Aspen Seaton

 

He made his way back to his room quickly and released his full team for the first time in what felt like ages. Aria crossed her arms and watched him quietly as he greeted the others, running his fingers through fur (or petals or feathers in Meadow's and Jet's cases, respectively).

 

The trainer pulled Saiya lightly into his lap and began petting her as he looked at all of his Pokémon. With a sigh, he leaned back. "We need to train. I know, you guys can't use attacks, but that's why we need to train. If the world is going to change, we need to adapt to the new rules it makes."

 

Aria nodded, unfolding her arms and straightening her posture a bit. Aspen chewed his lip. "I guess this isn't the place to start, though."

 

IC

 

The white Ralts egg seems healthy enough. A steady heartbeat could be heard with stethoscope, though the egg itself does not seem anywhere close to hatching. Gardevoir and Gallade, like many psychic types, communicate telepathically with their young during incubation, in order to imprint their unique 'voices' and traits onto the baby. I believe that the lack of telepathic Pokémon communications at present is portraying a sense of danger to the child inside.

 

I speak regularly to the egg, but so far it has not produced any notable results. If Pokémon power is not restored soon, nor a telepath found who can communicate with the egg, I fear that it may never hatch at all. That said, I have the utmost faith that Xander will be able to help, assuming I can get into contact with him.

 

I worry, sometimes, about how much he isolates himself. Even during his early years under my tutelage, he never spoke much to the other students, and--

 

The professor paused, flipping the journal closed to check its cover. Field Research Notations. He opened the book and scratched out the previous sentence.

 

I will continue to monitor the egg until such a time as I can contact my student or a telepath comes along to help.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

On one hand, this totally was not the intended mission. On the other hand, this was someone who was obviously scared by the entire situation - her parents being lost didn't help things any either. Ryan glanced over toward Sleight for a moment to gauge how much time they might have to come to a decision. The man quickly looked back, and finally noticed the tears. Well, that didn't help.

 

"I won't guarantee they're there, but I say we should keep hope. My sister always says that anything's possible, after all." Ryan offered a smile to her, something she likely desperately needed at that moment. "I might not be able to stay when we get there, but if they aren't there, then I'll return as soon as I can, alright Yamamoto?"

 

-==IC: Yugo==-

"Clown?" Yugo felt slightly miffed that he appeared to have been forgotten, but that mention of a clown sort of put him on guard. He wasn't entirely fond of clowns; entirely too many birthday parties where there were entirely too many creepy clowns. Still, unless someone dressed up as a clown, there couldn't be any here. Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Yamamoto Aori

 

She swallowed, swiping at her eyes. "A-alright." She nodded lightly. "And you can call me Aori." She pulled Yuri's Pokéball from her pocket and released the Eevee into her arms. "Are we going now?"

 

IC: Keturi Group

 

Xander cleared his throat. "Hey, uh, Chloe? I think the stores are actually this way." He gestured.

 

The girl flushed. "O-oh, uh . . ."

 

Xander chuckled. "Hey, no worries. I'm bad with names, so I get it." As he started leading everyone, Sylph giggled.

 

"Dear, you aren't just bad with names. You are horrible with them." Xander shot her a mock-glare, but couldn't help laugh.

 

"I mean, just because I thought Olive's name was Olivia--"

 

"No, other way around," Jared interrupted. "Assuming you're talking about Dahlia's sister." Lachina nodded, and Xander groaned.

 

"Sorry, I just haven't talked to her much to solidify her name. Nobody tell Evan, but I'm not sure what his girlfriend's name is, either."

 

"Jenny. You are the worst!" Sylph smacked his arm playfully.

 

"Anyways! You see my point."

Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Olivia==-

 

"About that. . ." Olivia laughed a little nervously, as she remembered where she had found Lohe in the first place. "Ya might've wanted to have been a bit clearer on that..." She bit her lip. "I'd reckon that the ones at the front entrance would help ya out there, if there ain't an issue or anythin'. Dunno if any of y'all from Alola have come here or not, but tha' shouldn't be a problem I'd think."

 

The young woman shook her head, as she focused on the other parts of the discussion. "I heard somethin' 'bout a mission, but it wouldn't take all day I'd think. Ya coulda had a nap while waitin' for them."

 

-==IC: Taylor==-

 

"I could bet..." The girl frowned ever so slightly as she recalled all that she'd heard on the news. "First Pokemon moves don't work, and then that stuff on the news about Two Island. What's even going on, I wonder?" Taylor sighed for a moment, as her smile reappeared. "Maybe we could take our minds off things, then? I dunno how exactly since Pokemon can't attack, but maybe you might have something in mind?"

 

Without waiting for an answer, she put a finger to her lip and looked to the ceiling. "Maybe we could look around? Though you might be in a hurry somewhere. Or, oh, maybe grabbing something to eat! But you might have already eaten since it's kinda late now... Or, hmm, checking out the sights! ...probably too boring, though..."

Edited by Blessed Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

 

"I coulda just taken a nap there, but noooo, you're not allowed to sleep in the front entrance," Lohe grumbled quietly.

 

"Well I'll keep that in mind," he replied speaking up. "I should be the only one at the moment. It'd be odd if they sent someone else..." A yawn. "Especially without telling me."

 

 

IC: Claus Diamond - Four Island

 

Well she's an eager one, Claus thought suppressing a chuckles with his fist to his mouth. He tried to pass it off as him clearing his throat when that failed.

 

"I didn't really have anywhere that I was-" No, that wasn't quite true. There was one place his mind thought of. "I guess, I was sorta thinking of visiting the band hall. I could bring you along if you want."


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Taylor==-

 

"Sounds like a great idea!" Taylor didn't seem to notice the chuckle, or at the least didn't seem to mind it. "I have no clue where anything or anyone here is, so traveling with someone else at least makes that better." She knew that she needed to check in on the others, but the fact that the Alamo seemed to be okay other than it being so busy meant that she could at least take her time.

 

"Lead on, Claus!"

 

-==IC: Colette==-

After what felt like forever, Colette finally reached her mother's office. She took a deep breath, knocked on the door and opened it, and then walked inside. Her mother looked up from her paperwork in surprise as the girl entered, and frowned slightly.

"Are you alright? . . . Have you been crying? What happened?" Molly stood up quickly and walked over to her daughter, as Colette kept quiet. The girl bit her lip as her nervousness about explaining what happened returned. Thankfully, although she could tell that her mother had noticed the new clothes, she wasn't questioned about it.

"Zoe and I... had a fight." Colette chose her words carefully, but saw that her mother expected her to continue. The girl took a deep breath. "We got into an argument over how I've been distant recently, and then how I was hanging out with others today. She accused me of being an aura wielder before a sister and I half believe it's true. . . but that's what I want to change anyway. I don't want to just keep putting all this stuff over her, for me to just be pushing people away because I feel like I fail people almost. But I couldn't explain it..."

Molly stayed quiet for a while, though she seemed surprised by everything mentioned. She gave her daughter a tight hug for a moment, but then smiled. "I'm sure you two can work things out. Is there anything you would like to know?"

"I just... I need advice. I need anything that might be able to help." Colette held up the broken pendant, a sad look on her face. "I feel like this might be unable to be fixed without a lot of work. So I want a path that I could try. Anything at all. Anything to show that I still care, that I want to try to be me first." The aura wielder sighed, as she glanced down toward the ground. "I've been trying to show myself more, to not base myself on others, but I feel like I've failed in that."

"Sweetie, you're doing fine. I'll admit that I was surprised when you showed up last night with that new hairdo, and you certainly shocked me with that new outfit today, but. . . I can feel your intent when I look and see you now. You seem more confident, even during this. You don't seem over confident, but like you have a purpose in mind, a goal to work toward." Molly smiled as she gave Colette a hug again. "I know Zoe will see your side. I'm certain she has her own reasons too, but is maybe having a hard time with things herself. It's likely you two want the exact same thing, but the situation is obscuring that."

After a moment, the mother stepped back and turned toward her desk. She picked up a picture that had the family present and smiled softly at it. "So here's my idea. Keep doing what you're doing. I'll help you out too. Here are some ways that might help with things. This one is your choice, but. . ."

----

A while later, Colette stepped out of the room and took a deep breath as she looked out the window on the opposite side of the hall. The light reflected off her eyes and seemed to give her a confident glint. She smiled confidently.

Wait for me, sis. I'll make this right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

Mine.

That was the thought that Evan's mind zeroed in on, as the beige-haired girl he had been seeking finally entered his sights. During the trip, he had been contemplating who had sent him the message that lead him on this path. At this moment though, he rushed headlong towards Colette. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!" he thought as he ran.............and barely missed hitting her. Not losing his stride as he passed her, the Plasma stopped, twirled around, and struck a pose!

"At last, I've found you, Colette Llyan!" The Hero spoke confidently, aiming to save what face he had left. "Someone told me to find out if something came up, enough so to make you leave!"

At that moment, the same thought rang out in Evan's head.

Mine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette==-

 

Dodge!

 

Colette quickly stepped to the side without missing a beat as she saw something head toward her at a bullet-like speed. She blinked slightly as she turned her head to see what just happened and saw a posing Garchomp-Man. What. It took a brief moment for the situation to finally clear up, but what Evan said added that confusion right back.

"Someone told you to check on me? I'm not sure who that'd be. I can guess why, but I don't think anyone was around there..." Colette tilted her head and scratched it slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan furrowed his brow, not breaking his pose. So she doesn't know either, huh? The Hero looked at the Aura Wielder, his look of contemplation replaced with a look of determination. "I don't think that really matters, do you?" He said in a fiery voice, pointing at the girl. "What matters is something is up, and it seems I can help......somehow!" To be quite frank, he had no clue what to do, but he was called to help, and he would try his absolute best. Something told him it wouldn't be hard to solve whatever problem was going on. Plus, it'd enable him to enlist her help with relearning Spacial Vision, so two Spearow, one Rock Slide!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Four Island

"Olive." Dahlia laughed. "Don't say that to her face, or the only olives you'll be seeing are the ones on my sister's premium knuckle sandwich." The middle Seaton left Xander to his shame and fell into step next to Lachina. "You said we'd be buying potions and such. But our Pokémon can't fight like they used to, can they? With all the powered humans in our group, don't you think it'd make more sense to invest in a first aid kit or human medicines?"

 

While the others laughed over Xander's trouble at remembering names, Ryan and Chloe lagged a few paces behind. If the girl was still flustered about her previous mishap with directions, she didn't show it. Ryan looked over at her. "Thanks for what you did for Ellen back there," he said quietly. "She really needed that. I . . . I don't think I ever realized just how bad you had it in Unova. I mean, you had always seemed so confident before, I guess I just assumed you'd shrug it off. Jumping to the wrong conclusion seems to be my forte lately. But having seen Ellen shut herself out and take on so much pain and guilt . . ." Silence lingered in the air for a moment as Ryan stared off into the distance. "I guess you could say there's a bit of that lost and broken child in all of us. We just try to cope with it in different ways." He let out a long, steady breath and started to retreat back into his own thoughts. Before he could get too far, a question sprung to his lips. "How were you able to recover from everything that happened with your father?" He looked over at her for a moment before turning away. "Sorry, I don't mean to pry. I understand if you'd rather not talk about it."

 

IC: Zoe Llyan - Forest, Four Island

Zoe was not about to let herself be left behind in a dense forest. Esmeralda and Merida followed closely as Zoe ran to catch up to the definitely-not-sick Space Princess. The young girl had enough on her mind already without worrying about some little cough. Like her next encounter with Collie. In spite of Jenny's infallible optimism, Zoe knew her reunion with her sister would be wrought with awkward tension and lots of tears. A lesser being would balk at the thought of having that conversation. But it was thanks to the heroic Space Princess that Zoe found the confidence to do what needed to be done.

 

Wait for me, Collie. She gripped her chest where her locket should have been, her reddened eyes drained of tears yet filled with a newfound determination. I'll make this right.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...