Jump to content
Parugi

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Recommended Posts

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

There was something about seeing so many potential targets for Lafoyae Belrose. She was used to singular targets, but this was different. Something in her stirred. She didn't even have to guess what the feeling was. She was -thrilled- to fight, be it for assassination or practice. Not to the point of jumping into the fray, however. Instead, she scanned her potential targets........and zeroed in on the one designated Ireknight. She pointed out towards the armored creature, and sent out a telepathic message, one that sounded unlike how Lafoyae usually did. It sounded eager, like a child ready to call a dogpile.

"Mine."

As soon as she broadcast the message, Lafoyae Belrose took off like a bullet, her fists glowing white, as she primed the Close Combat command for her suit. As soon as she got close enough for a leap, she jumped towards the creature, and prepared to smash her fist rapidly against the humanoid, silently thanking the late James Arthur for giving her the boosts to make this less risky......
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Lucia==-

 

"Well this is different...." Lucia mumbled upon seeing the new arrival. Something about the samurai - Samurloch, she corrected herself - really unsettled her. She couldn't place exactly why this thing made her feel more uneasy than the other Instances. Perhaps it was the unsettling differences of it compared to the rest of them. The woman glanced to the side as she noticed how Esen's suit was really looking badly damaged - at least the foot of it. She scurried over to the Flying type specialist, and began to use the Grass Suit's repair effect on Esen's suit.

 

"This definitely went a lot more south than I expected." Lucia kept an eye on the Samurloch as she worked on fixing the jet boot. "We need to find a way to stall these better."

 

-==IC: Ray==-

 

"Nope." Ray noticed the Phantashade that was seemingly trying to eat the girl in the ghost suit. The separatist used his Maneuver Gear to quickly get closer to the two combatants, and quickly fired off two Ice Shards that was aimed to slice through the head, umbilical cord, or most preferably: Both. He wasn't about to let one of the people teamed up with them die, though - even if he didn't even know who she was.

 

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

Jenny giggled in amusement, and patted the younger girl on the head. She totally understood what Zoe had meant by the poorly chosen phrases.

 

"Thank you! Honestly, I'm sure your sister would agree too, from what I've seen." The woman thought back to how Colette had helped her out, and smiled. "I'd be totally up for being an honorary sister, too! I think it'd be fun, especially since my younger brother isn't as much fun nowadays. Don't tell him that, though." Jenny winked at that with a mischievous smile on her face.

 

OOC: Jam with Merc

 

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

After not too long of walking, but yet what felt like an eternity in terms of wanting to go help the others out, Ryan and Aori made it to the evacuation point. The man hoped that the few people present was an indicator that the evacuation was going well thanks to their help, and not that a lot of people had been already killed - or worse.

 

"Here we are. Do you see anyone you recognize?"

 

The girl shook her head, gripping Yuri tighter to her chest. "Nobody I know." Aori looked up at him, biting her lower lip to stop it from trembling.

A man in uniform noticed the pair and made his way over, a data pad in his hands. "You two look lost."

 

"I'm here to bring her to evacuate." Ryan glanced over at the uniformed man, and nodded in acknowledgement of what he was doing to help the people. "She was separated from her parents, and we are trying to find out if they are here or not."

 

"What's the family's name?" The soldier flicked his fingers over the pad, apparently bringing up some sort of list.

"Yamamoto," the girl said quietly.

"Yamamoto . . ." he repeated as he scrolled through the names. "They haven't checked in for evac."

 

Ryan frowned at the information, feeling conflicted as to what to do. "Where are the people sent during evacuation? When will the next boat leave? Is this everyone after this?"

 

"Right now we're sending them to the mainland. We have three more boats ready to go, we just have to finish getting people onto them." The soldier glanced down at Aori, who was clutching Yuri ever tighter. "I can get her aboard a boat and mark her name off, but if the parents haven't arrived by now . . ." The soldier shook his head.

 

Ryan nodded as he glanced down at Aori as well. He felt conflicted, but knew that all he could do at this point was help buy time. "Do you think you can stay on the boat? I'll try my best to be back as soon as possible." He gave a warm smile to attempt to reassure the girl to that.

 

Aori nodded softly, chewing her lip. "You have an important thing to do." Despite her best efforts to sound brave, her voice wavered. "Thank you for helping me."

"We have to get the last boat out of here before too much longer." The man glanced at the time.  "You probably have half an hour or so, unless we get a sudden rush of stragglers."

 

"You're welcome." Ryan patted the girl's head softly, and then looked over to the uniformed man. "I'll buy enough time. I'll try to be back, but I'll buy as much time as possible. If needed, don't wait too long." The dark suit user said quietly enough so Aori wouldn't hear, and then turned. "See you two later."

 

The other man saluted. "Good luck down there."

Aori nodded. "Thank you again. Be careful." With those words of well-wishing, she followed the soldier towards the dock.

 

After a few moments, Ryan walked back toward the city and sent out his Samurott. They would need all the speed they could use here - with a brief look to show that both Ryan and Sammy knew what to do, the man hopped on her back, drew his visor down, and then the two took off toward the city and beach quickly.

 

----

 

The speed allowed by the Samurott running by on all fours allowed the armoured man to reach the beach not too long after the new Instances showed up. Ryan had to admit - he did not expect as many instances as was actually there - the fact that everyone seemed to be quickly getting overwhelmed seemed to be a testament to just how much he had missed. The man saw a number of things flash across his screen - had the IMC adopted his scan ability?

 

The Samurai-looking Instance, however, seriously caught his attention. The man frowned ever so slightly - what was this feeling of dread. . .? He noticed the lack of an umbilical cord connecting the Instance to the main body, and gulped slightly. Something didn't feel right about this thing. But why. . .?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

 

"I see," Lohe said, looking directly at Sonja. "Well I'll expect a lot of people will be happy to hear that."

 

He stretched his neck left and right for a moment. "The folks back home want a more... permanent solution to the problem," he said his eyes wandering for a moment. "They're afraid that even if Pokemon gain their powers back, that something like this could happen again."

 

He hit his head a couple of times to snap himself awake.

 

"I'll ask this Ford character myself after your leaders get back. Just to be sure. That was all the questions I had, thank you for time."

 

 

IC: Richard - One Island

 

It was an ugly end for the Leopyred, compared to the beauty of the song that killed it. Richard would have pitied it, had circumstance not forced him to fighting.

 

"Sing with me one last time, for light's sacrifice,
Endless dawn came but not without a price,"
 
Another layer of bubbles formed from the rain, the light of the sun, slowing giving way to the rain, scattering off them. A sight of beauty amidst the chaos.
 
"Lost in the waves there glimmers a pale blue stone.
I think of you, all alone."

 

Richard chose his target virtually at random, the winged devil. The bubbles shot forth at the last word, allowing Richard a moment to take a breath.

 

 

IC: Jamie - One Island

 

 

Jamie was surprised to see the Maniakoll try to turn her attack to it's advantage. She could try to block it with her shield module, but she had a better idea. It was time to follow through on what Pelleas and Lucan taught her. She braced herself for the attack as best she could before it collided with her. The tough steel suit held firm against the force crashing against it. It hurt a bit, even through the tough exterior, but Jamie grit her teeth. And through the pain she activated Metal Burst, the damage caused to the suit creating a radiant light to shot out at the Maniakoll slamming into her.

 

 


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Paul Burks - Conference Room, The Alamo

"Wait a second." Up until now Paul had managed to maintain his composure. Now he was starting to grow agitated again. "What do you mean, a more 'permanent' solution? You do realize that if the Missing Zero spreads far enough, we won't have any solution. We're in no state to be picky about the slim chance of Pokémon losing their powers a second time."

 

 

IC: Zoe Llyan - Edge of the Forest, Four Island

Zoe pulled back and sat down on the ground, finally giving Jenny a chance to catch her breath. "Your brother isn't as much fun nowadays?" she asked curiously. "Did he used to be better? What happened between you two?" Esmeralda curled up in Zoe's lap, and Merida sat by her side, both Pokémon listening expectantly, eager for Jenny's tale.

 

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Café, Keturi City

"Looks like your shopping went well, too," Dahlia said, eyeing Xander and Chloe's new clothes. "You both look great!" She briefly summarized the results of her and Lachina's excursion.

 

"Great, are we ready to go now?" Ryan tried not to sound too impatient, but he was itching to get on with the true purpose of their mission. "We'll have to take extra care not to alert those poachers off our presence with these bulky shopping bags."

 

 

IC: Lyre Play/Moment Record - Theodore Willows/Ava Willows/Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron vs. Minotore/Phantashade/Chimerape/Sinystal/Terminite/Maniakoll/Fraygrins/Venophage/Ireknight/Devagore/Plite/Cerebeuron/Dramalgon/Samurloch - Kotahi Village, Beach

It was a horrifying embrace: the Phantashade's arms held her close, restricting her movement, while her own claws were buried deep in the place where the Instance's heart should have been. Digging her claws deeper meant leaning into the monster's kiss of death. Madison's breath caught in her throat. She had lived through horrible nightmares courtesy of the Ancient Darkrai, but nothing could have prepared her for this. Her heart pounded against her chest, as if it were trying to break free of its confines and escape her inevitable end. Struggling vainly against the Phantashade's embrace, Madison closed her eyes against the ghastly tendrils. It did little to help, for a moment later she could feel the tendrils forcefully groping the outside of her helmet.

 

Whereas rage had fueled her actions before, she was now driven by pure fear. She screamed in terror, in defiance, in desperation. She was not ready to die. Not like this. Straining her muscles, she forced her arms outward in a last-ditch effort to kill the Phantashade before it killed her. The Shadow Claws dug into to the walls of the Instance's chest, widening the cavity she had already dug . . .

 

 

Still reeling from the effects of the poison, Dack knew he couldn't outrun the spinning Sinystal. An indicator popped up on his HUD, and he turned his head to see Madison struggling against the Phantashade a few feet away. Injured and under attack as he was, Dack knew there was no way he'd be able to reach her in time to help. But that didn't mean he couldn't do anything at all.

 

The Ice Suit user also seemed to have noticed Madison's plight and fired a pair of Ice Shards at the Phantashade. The assistance wasn't about to deter Dack from doing everything in his power to destroy the monster assaulting his girlfriend. Abandoning all thoughts of the Sinystal, he activated the Lava Plume protocol. An inferno of scarlet flames erupted from the suit, encompassing the Sinystal, the Phantashade, and Madison. He wasn't sure if the Ice Suit user had been caught in the blast, but the Ghost Suit's indicator in his HUD told him Madison would be able to survive the hit and that was all that mattered.

 

And instant later the Sinystal slammed its weight into him, and Dack found himself flung across the sand. The force of the Lava Plume had slowed the Instance's momentum slightly, but Dack still felt like he'd been hit by a steamroller. Warnings flashed across his HUD and confirmed that yes, he really had been hit by a steamroller. With a groan of pain he looked over his shoulder to see if Madison was alright.

 

 

Jayron couldn't keep up with the names and typings of the eight new Instances. He turned around to call on the rest of Moment Record for backup, and paled when he saw his teammates were in serious trouble. Dack had tried to save Madison and ended up getting tossed like a ragdoll for it, leaving him defenseless. The executive ran forward, a ball of energy already forming in his hand. His suit's draconic energy was powerful, but it was nowhere near as refined as his own aura. With a shout, Jayron fired an Aura Sphere at the Sinystal to keep it distracted until Dack could recover.

 

 

Ava cursed as new Instances popped up left and right. It was a miracle the IMC was able to keep up with all of them, and it would take a far greater miracle for their ragtag group of volunteers to keep up. "I'll take the Poison-Type," she said, firing an Acid Spray at the Venophage.

 

"I'll keep the big guy busy." Ignoring Ava's protests, Theodore detached another decoy module and ducked behind the wall. A moment later, a spitting image of the Fairy-Type suit raced across the sand, charging up a powerful attack.

 

"What happens when one of us needs help and you're stuck hiding behind a wall away from the fight?" Ava spat.

 

"Good point," Theodore said. "If anyone needs help, lure your Instance back here and I'll fry 'em. Until then, I think it's best if we see what our new friend Sammy can do without the risk of him hurting anyone." The decoy waved its arms at the hulking samurai. "Hey, big guy! Nice costume, but I think you're a little lost. The cosplay convention's down the street!"

 

"Really, Theo?" Ava rolled her eyes. "Cosplay's the best you can come up with?"

 

"Hey, let's see you do better."

 

 

OOC:

Madison: Shadow Claw -> Phantashade (outward slice from inside chest)

Dack (Poisoned, Turn 2): Lava Plume -> Sinystal/Phantashade/Madison/(Ray?)

Jayron (+1 Atk, +1 Spd): Aura Sphere -> Sinystal

Ava (+1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Accuracy, +1 Sp. Def): Acid Spray -> Venophage

Theodore: Decoy Module #2 deployed, distracting Samurloch


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

 

Lohe shrugged, but didn't even turn to look at the man addressing him. He wasn't wrong per se, but he was really taking it out on the wrong guy.

 

"As I said, they're looking into the future whether we got one or not. Agree with them or not, I don't have a say in what I get to do about it. The way my employers see it, it's not their problem."


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Olivia==-

 

"So, which of 'em sent ya?" Olivia finally spoke up, curious as she leaned forward slightly. "Those old fogeys all run the island, right? With their traditions and everything? Which sent ya?" She recalled Chloe's old research on the islands - how the girl had once been enamoured with the region of Alola. It had started as merely a school project, but for a year she hadn't let up on wanting to go there. The redhead was pretty certain that if she didn't ask these things, that she would be sleeping on a couch more than she already was by the nature of the Alamo.

 

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

"Well, he's a bit more serious now, but that's mostly just because of what's happened to us over the years. I kinda lost my memory for like four years and moved elsewhere while everyone thought I was dead, and then our parents were thought dead too." Jenny shrugged slightly, a sheepish look on her face. "Things are a little better now, but I remember when Ray used to be like Evan at times - just hammy and off the wall silly." The woman smiled softly at the memory of those times, something she was slowly starting to get back.

 

"Not that things nowadays aren't good - Ray sometimes hounds Evan for tips from time to time I hear. But I feel almost like some things might take time to recover. I almost feel like Ray might be getting his chance to shine. Can't tell what makes me think that, though." Jenny giggled at that, and stretched slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

Xander had changed his old blue jacket out for a black leather one with a white ruff, which he wore over the gray shirt he'd found. He had gotten rid of his hat for the time being, letting his shaggy black hair run wild. His blue jeans were gone in favor of dark gray cargo pants, and his old hiking boots had been swapped with black combat boots. Both hands were adorned with fingerless gloves. Most notably, he had removed his sling.

 

He waved a hand dismissively. "The bags aren't that big, we can stow them in backpacks and such."

 

Jared raised an eyebrow. Only Ryan, Dahlia, and Xander had backpacks that would be able to hold shopping bags, and Xander's, at least, seemed pretty packed. "Why not just do your teleport trick up to the Alamo and back? It'd take, what, two seconds?"

 

"Oh, uh, I dunno. I haven't ever done a trip that far before." Xander shrugged. "Besides, we have plenty of room. We'd be smart to shuck the backpacks and hide them before getting into a fight, anyways."

 

Lachina shook her head. "No way, I wouldn't want to just leave my stuff lying around for who knows how long."

 

Jared nodded. "Besides, you won't ever get better at something without pushing yourself." He tossed the bag of targets to Xander. "Try, and then we'll discuss alternatives."

Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Somehow, Chloe had only just noticed Xander's outfit. She scanned the outfit, and placed her hand on her hip.

 

Copycat. She thought with a hint of jokingly being disgruntled about how similar it was to her own. Then again, he'd probably just come to the same conclusion she had, so she simply let it go. She wondered whether it'd be a good idea to teleport that far right now, but she had to admit Jared had a point. At the same time, she had a feeling that only some of them would be able to head back.

 

"Ryan, be a dear and keep this bag in your backpack." The young woman smiled slightly as she handed the co-leader the bag that had her casual clothes in it. "Otherwise, I'm ready if everyone else is. If Xander wants to head back, then that might work for the stuff we can't just stuff into backpacks."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

 

Lohe looked dead at Olivia with an odd cold stare.

 

"What do you-" realization hit him, "oh, you mean the Kahunas?"

 

The face he was making faded and he eyes returned to wandering.

 

"No, none of them sent me. We have a more..." he leaned himself back as he tried to remember the word he was trying. "Modern? I guess that's one word for it. A more modern government, too. The one that collects the taxes, pays for the healthcare, all that stuff. Higher-ups there sent me, I don't know who gave the order specifically. But I was available, so I got the call."

 

He scratched his five o'clock shadow for a moment thinking.

 

"I suppose that reminds me, if you want actual help from Alola dealing with this whole... M0?" he said pausing the check his tired memory. "M0 thing, the Kahunas would be a good place to start. The Champion too. The people of Alola would rally behind them. I'll pass that on to your leaders if I get a chance to speak with them. But I was told to do a specific job and that's what I have to do."

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Olivia==-

 

Well that wasn't quite what she expected. It made sense, though, so the redhead nodded in acknowledgement. "Alrighty. Guess I shoulda thought y'all would do that." Olivia was admittedly caught off guard at first because of the cold look, but considering everything that had just happened and how it seemed like he probably had thought she meant the actual government to begin, she had to admit a cold look was rather deserved. She also didn't have any other questions, as she figured that she probably should keep quiet and let the others finish up the talking.

 

What the redhead did know, however, was that she was gonna have Chloe ask the Alola questions next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize/Sylph

 

"Ugh, just give me the bags. I'll try, but I make no promises." He snatched the shopping bags.

 

Sylph put her hand on her hip. "Just remember: destination, determination, deliberation. You can do it."

 

Xander closed his eyes and, after a brief second, vanished.

 

He reappeared in his room and staggered. "It worked. Cool." He shook his head, feeling the starts of a headache forming. With a sigh, he tossed the bags onto his bed and teleported back to the café.

 

"There, everyone happy now? Let's go." He turned and stalked out of the building.

 

IC: Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon

 

"Gee, who put a Combee in his bonnet?" Lachina glanced at Chloe and Dahlia. "Is he always this . . ."

 

"Temperamental?" Jared supplied. "He seemed fine earlier."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe blankly stared at her empty hand for a moment, even as Xander reappeared and Lachina asked her question. Had that really happened? Had that -seriously- just happened?

 

"I don't know." The young woman said with a slight edge to her voice. "Honestly? I haven't really gotten a chance to talk much." Daggers were shot at the other psychic's back, however, as it dawned on her more and more that he effectively just stole her clothes at least temporarily. "We are so going to have words later though." The last sentence, however, she added under her breath. The bright side, she reminded herself, was that this freed hands and backpacks. And at least it saved her from getting overheated with that hoodie.

 

"Anyway, let's move on." The woman followed Xander with a sigh, knowing she needed to focus on the mission instead.

 

OOC: More jams, this time with Evan, to move things along properly here.

 

-==IC: Colette==-

 

The two quickly made their way back to the store with the newfound money from Evan's coat. As the hero of space quickly paid and got the ring in return, Colette waited outside the store. A rustling noise in her backpack caught her attention however, and the girl furrowed her eyebrows as she opened the bag. With a surprised look on her face, the girl quickly set the bag down, and picked up the egg that had been sitting there for a good couple weeks. However, not long after she grabbed the egg, the shell splintered in her hands with a flash of light. When the aura wielder had opened her eyes again, she saw a baby Togepi in her hands instead of the egg.

 

Evan's thoughts zoomed from the ring he had purchased, to the newborn Togepi that Colette now held. "How.....eggs-citing!" The Hero said with a grin. "Seems you've made a new friend, Aura Princess!"

 

The girl nearly jumped in the air with the baby Togepi as Evan spoke, but managed to not drop her. "Yeah. I didn't think that egg would take this long to hatch..." She thought for a moment. "Seems like a Felicity, though. Maybe she'll have a better name later, but..." The Togepi waved her hands in the air happily, seeming to like that name. "Anyway, get what you needed?"

 

Chuckling at her reaction, the young man spoke. "Yeah, I did. I'm certainly glad that didn't take as long as it did." As he spoke, Evan recalled the other reason he came along with Colette on this impromptu shopping trip. It would have been silly to come all this way and forget that. "Well.......maybe not everything that I needed.." He said sheepishly. "See, there was another reason I came to you: I........kinda need help with my power...."

 

"Your power?" The girl blinked slightly. "I don't think there's any shops here that sells "How to be a Hero of Space". . . it doesn't seem like a thing most people would need."

 

Evan sighed, before focusing his thoughts again. "If there was such a book, I'd probably have written it!" He said, chuckling slightly. "But see, I need someone who  can........see past normal sight, for a specific part of my power: Spacial Vision." He then, quickly explained what that meant and it's applications, trying to make it make sense to the girl.

 

Colette nodded every few seconds, and then thought for a moment. "Hmm. Well, it sounds almost like it would be activated on command. Like, pretty much thinking about it. But it seems awfully specific too... you could try it by focusing on what you want to see, on whatever anomaly there might be, but I don't know if you'll find anything."

 

Evan nodded at what Colette had stated, and decided to try focusing his vision. He doubted he'd find anything, but he had to give it a shot. He focused on seeing the ripples that denoted teleportation and the like, and for a while, saw nothing. Then, he saw the ripples, his eyes glowing a touch pink as he watched someone wink out and into existence, the ripples continuing to emanate from them as they walked off. "Um, princess, believe it or not, I saw someone teleport." The Hero of Space said, grinning. "And it seems they're going off." He turned to his charge with a grin. "Wanna find out who would be teleporting in the big city?"

 

Colette seemed baffled by the fact that it actually worked. "Okay... then." She slowly nodded, as she now was very curious as to who it could be, and more specifically why someone was teleporting to this city. "Let's go."

 

After not too long of a walk, the two made their way to where Evan had discovered the teleporting person, and the girl noticed a rather familiar group walk out of a cafe. "What are you all doing here?" Colette asked with a slight frown on her face, still holding the Togepi in her arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Sonja Baron - Conference Room, The Alamo:

 

"Well, if that's all," Sonja said. "I would suggest heading to the Command Center and seeing if any Executives are available in place of Goldhawk." She glanced at Olivia. "And maybe stick with someone who can--" Keep an eye on you and make sure you're here for what you say you're here for . . . "--make sure you don't fall asleep in a random hallway."


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

Xander looked over and smiled. "Evan, Colette, hey." He waved, turning fully to face them. "We just got done with some shopping, and now we're going to look for those people we talked about with Samantha--"

 

"Sonja,"

 

"And Kyle in the cafeteria. What about you guys, what're you doing around here?"

 

Jared smiled. "You guys here to help? Not gonna lie, we could probably use it."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Café, Keturi City

Ryan had to bite his tongue to keep from lashing out at Xander. He was just as eager as everyone else to get to the poachers, but the Kalosian was something else entirely. It was a miracle Xander didn't just up and teleport them all back to the industrial district then and there. Chloe and himself were doing just fine sharing co-leadership in this group; they didn't need Xander taking matters into his own hands every time he got frustrated.

 

He followed the group out of the café, intent on giving Xander some choice words, but paused when he saw the new arrivals. Evan Tierra was just as hammy as ever, and it still took him a moment to recognize Colette with her new look and the Togepi she held in her arms.

 

Togepi? Ryan forcefully pushed his way past Xander and Sylph and knelt in front of the girl, placing himself at eye level with the baby Pokémon. "Is that who I think it is . . . ?" he asked breathlessly. A wide smile formed on his face as he let Togie out of his Pokéball, heedless of the fact that they were still standing in the already crowded entrance to the café. The Togekiss spread his wings and hovered in the air, chirping blissfully at the sight of his child. Then he swooped down and enveloped both Colette and the Togepi in a soft, feathery embrace. Ryan couldn't help but laugh. For once, all his worries about the Missing Zero, the poaching situation, and everything else melted away. It was a rare moment of pure joy. "When did it hatch?" he asked eagerly.

 

Dahlia let out a soft giggle at Ryan's reaction, then nudged Jared. "That's my senior, the Hero of Space," she said pointing to Evan. "And the girl with the Togepi is an aura wielder like you. I think they'll both be very helpful in our mission. Looks like it's a good thing we took this little detour after all!"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters

 

The silver-haired boy nudged back, chuckling. "I met Mr. Space in the cafeteria, and I think I saw her there,too." He chuckled. "Mr. Space Guy and Xander's impression of him is why I was asking if all your friends were so hammy."

 

He smiled. "I guess it is a bit serendipitous, yeah. Always good when things work out like that."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette==-

 

"Just before we found all of you. She definitely took her sweet time hatching." As Colette was talking, her Togepi first was surprised then grateful for the embrace of the other Togekiss, but then looked at the boy that seemed to have trouble with. . . something? Words? Felicity unsubtly wagged her finger in Xander's direction, but nothing happened. Needless to say, the Togepi pouted a bit.

 

Colette seemed confused as she noticed the Togepi's expression, but that turned to amusement when a scan of her aura revealed most of the emotions leading to that. "Anyway, what mission? If you and that Sonja girl were discussing stuff, I wasn't around for it. Only stuff I heard was the stuff with Ellen."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Paul Burks - Conference Room, The Alamo

Paul nodded, still wary of Lohe. "An escort is an excellent idea. Meanwhile, I have to get back to my daughter and make sure she hasn't been scarred by your attempts to dredge up horrible memories."

 

IC: Zoe Llyan - Edge of the Forest, Four Island

Zoe pondered that for a moment. Then she smiled, leaning closer to the Space Princess. "You know what I think? I think you should talk to your brother. Just like I'm gonna go talk to Collie. You can make everything better, and remind him of the good old days! If anyone can do it, you can!" Esmeralda yipped happily and Zoe jumped to her feet to perform an Evan-style dynamic pose. "Don't let your brother outshine you -- prove to him that the Space Princess is the brightest star in the sky! Make him regret ever growing distant from you!"

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Café, Keturi City

Ryan reached out to pet the pouting Togepi's spiked head in an attempt to cheer her up. "Kyle had run into some Pokémon poachers while in Kalos." Although his words were directed to Colette, his focus appeared to be dedicated solely to the newborn. "He found evidence that their victims were being shipped here, to Keturi City. We were planning to look into that and see what we could find. After all, someone's gotta uphold justice on the streets while everyone else is off fighting the giant jello monster."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

 

"Contentious much?" Lohe said at Paul's remark. "I'll probably try to go see this Executive Seaver first. Maybe a good night sleep will make me," a pause for another yawn, "popular around here."

 

"Thank you for your time and help," he said casually as he walked towards the door without as much as a look in the direction of the three other occupants.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

At Jared's request, Evan smiled. "I can't exactly say how much help I'd be, but....." He said, then looked side to side. "I am caught up on my power homework, so I don't see why not." He then grinned at Ryan's statement. "I couldn't agree more, Ryan!" Evan said, posing as he spoke. "Let's fight for justice!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

Sylph stepped up to Colette to coo at the newborn. "She's adorable! Have you named her?"

 

Xander smiled at the Togepi and at Evan's antics. His head still ached, but he was trying not to let it bother him. "In that case, let's go. A few evil-doers are no match against the might of eight true-born heroes!"

 

Jared shook his head and started walking. "Your friends are real hams," he told Dahlia. "In a good way."

 

Lachina nodded. "I'll definitely take this over brooding and sulking, any day."

 

Jared mock-scowled at the ranger. "I've told you a hundred times, I don't brood. I certainly don't sulk."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Olivia==-

 

Olivia frowned ever so slightly as she caught Sonja's glance. With Lohe's back turned to her, she nodded in acknowledgement, and stood up to follow the man.

 

"I reckon I could help ya find the Executive mentioned!" Olivia called as she hurried to catch up with the man before he vanished. "I mightn't have the map burned into my head like some o' the others, but I can still help point out places to go."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

 

The tired man little regarded Olivia as she followed him. He had to find his way back to the front desk, and Olivia knew the place better than him at least. He would've continued to not mind were it not for her constantly taking sneaky glances at him. Well, trying to be sneaky glances at least. Even in his half-asleep state, he could tell she was trying to observe him. There were plenty of people around them the entire time they spent looking for where Executive Seaver was, so he didn't feel like confronting Olivia about it.

 

Arranging the diplomatic housing with Seaver was largely uneventful. They had to wait for the Executive to check Lohe's references on who sent him, but was eventually confirmed and officially welcomed to Liberty's headquarters. He considering looking for food, but decided he should probably get some shut-eye first. He'd be stumbling everywhere were it not for staff. After ending their brief meeting with the executive, Lohe turned towards Olivia.

 

"Alright," he said holding the key to his room in his hand. "I think I got a good idea of where I need to go. I can go the rest of the way myself. Thanks for all your help."


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Olivia==-

 

"Ya sure? I heard a tale once upon a time of a guy who got lost and had to sleep on the floor. I dunno if I'd want that fate to happened to anyone I know." Olivia shrugged slightly, as she got an increasingly sinking feeling she had been caught. She inwardly cursed how conspicuous she had been, and quickly tried to think of ways to salvage this.

 

-==IC: Jenny==-

 

Jenny chuckled slightly, and closed her eyes for a moment.

 

"You know, that sounds like a plan. When he gets back, I think I'll do just that. After all, you can't have too many heroes." She grinned slightly as she thought it over. "First, though, I wanna see you and your sister have your own talk too."

 

-==IC: Colette==-

"Sounds like a plan." The girl chuckled slightly, but a puzzled look came across her face for a moment. The kid hadn't been that hammy the night before or on the boat, right? She didn't understand what was up there, but chalked it up to proximity to the Hero of Space. Colette knew that she probably could use focusing on Zoe too, but. . . at this point, she also knew it likely wouldn't be until that night. So instead, she simply quietly followed the group, noticing that Chloe had decided to do much the same, though she seemed to be more impatient and. . . annoyed? The aura wielder decided to leave that alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

 

If Lohe wasn't suspicious earlier, he was then. The uncertainty in her voice was loud and clear to his ears. As were all the voices in the hall they were in.

 

"The floor's a comfy bed as any when your tired enough," Lohe said from experience. "Well, I'm pretty good at listening to directions, so I don't think that'll be any problem. Besides, I like to be alone for a bit before going to bed. Let's me wind down."

 

He turned around and paused for a moment.

 

"I probably won't need to bother you and your friends any more. From the looks of things, I'm not exactly welcome," he said before walking away.


25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Olivia==-

 

"Th-that's not...!" Olivia cursed herself for being so obvious, yet not making things clear enough. However, when she turned the corner of the hall to follow the man - perhaps to try and make things right or something - he had disappeared as if into thin air. The redhead stood dumbfounded as her eyes couldn't believe what she didn't see.

 

Oh, this ain't good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zoe Llyan - Edge of the Forest, Four Island

Zoe curbed her enthusiasm and nodded solemnly. "Do you think Collie went home? I hope I didn't hurt her too much. I don't want her off crying somewhere with us unable to find her."

 

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Four Island

"We figured the industrial district was the best place to start looking for those poachers," Ryan said as he started leading the group away from the café. "We were going to have Jared here use his aura to try and detect the captive Pokémon, but maybe you could help out, Colette." As they walked, Ryan stuck by the girl's side, unable to keep himself from smiling down at the Togepi in her arms. Togie hovered over the pair, his bliss only dampened by the fact that Orihime wasn't there to greet their child. "So what's her name?" Ryan asked.

 

"I don't know if I'd label you a brooder," Dahlia said to Jared as they walked. "But it wouldn't hurt to learn a thing or two from Evan. These are grim times we live in, and sometimes we need that hammy spirit to keep us going."

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette==-

 

The aura girl thought over the name as Ryan asked. Although she had picked Felicity earlier, she now wondered if that was a fitting name as it was. . .

 

"Her name is Felicia." Colette said after a moment of thought. The Togepi looked up in surprise as she recognized the change of name, but then squealed in happiness, as if approving of the new name too. She then thought over the idea of searching with her powers and nodded slightly. "Are we close to there?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Four Island

"Felicia, huh?" Ryan grinned. "That's an adorable name for an adorable little Togepi." He looked back up at Colette, showing her the map of the city on his Pokégear. "It shouldn't be too much farther."

 

Felicia might not have been able to use any of her abilities, but as it turned out her adorable nature made the journey to the city's industrial district seem to pass by in the blink of an eye, at least from Ryan's point of view. As colorful shops and advertisements gave way to pale factories and warehouses, so too did Ryan's enthusiasm fade to a more serious tone.

 

"We're close." He stopped walking and turned around to face both Colette and Jared. "Think the two of you can work together to point us in the right direction?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

Jared shook his head. "No need. Distress, frustration, and anger are strong emotions. With a whole horde of Pokémon all feeling them, it's a beacon." He pointed. "This way." 

 

As the others followed, the aura users wound through streets and alleys packed with warehouses. Jared was focused on taking the most direct path to the source of the anguish.

 

As they came up to the fenced-in lot behind one of the storage spaces, Xander winced, putting a hand to his head. Even with his barrier up, the sheer force of the emotions was enough to get through it. Tears spilled down his cheeks, and he swiped at them angrily.

 

"Should've brought my gun," he muttered. Sylph put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

 

Lachina frowned. "Okay, so we've got a fence. Who wants to bet there's guard dogs on the other side?"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

"Almost definitely." Chloe said, as she scanned around where she could see. "All we can do is move forward, though. If there are any, then get ready."

 

Before anyone could ask what she meant, the psychic girl held her hands forward, and concentrated. At first it didn't seem like anything happened, but then shockwaves appeared to force the rusted chain link apart. The breaking fence rang out slightly, and she hoped that it hadn't alerted everyone, but she knew it would have been quieter than any of the alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Industrial District

As if on cue, a ragged Houndoom walked out from behind a stack of pallets to investigate the source of the noise. The moment it laid eyes on the party, it let out a single bark. Then its voice seemed to catch in its throat. It tried to bark again, but no sound came out.

 

"Hurry!" Dahlia grit her teeth, her arms stretched out toward the silenced hound. Beads of sweat lined her forehead. "Someone knock it out; I can't keep it quiet much longer!"

 

The Houndoom realized that calling for help was no longer an option. Baring its fangs in a soundless growl, the canine charged toward the broken fence, intent to destroy the intruders itself.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

Jared let out a surprised laugh at Dahlia's quick thinking. As the Houndoom charged, Anubis interposed himself. The Lucario caught the Dark Pokémon's horns and twisted, flipping the opponet onto its back. His fist came down once, twice, three times until he felt the cracking of ribs. He stood, leaving the guard whimpering in pain.

 

Xander winced. "Alright. Let's go. Good work, Chloe, Dahlia." The psychic ducked through the hole in the fence and scanned the yard. Crates and vehicles were scattered throughout, disorganized and rusted. He reached out to try and find any minds patrolling, but he hadn't practiced doing such.

 

It became pretty moot pretty quickly. The Houndoom had managed to get off something of an alarm. A Mightyena and two more Houndoom came around the corner, teeth bared. Before Xander could think of what to do, the Mightyena threw its head back and howled.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan had been following along, watching the others contribute to the cause, waiting for his own time to shine bright. He didn't have much in the way of Spacial Power. But these canines had something that the Hero of Space knew he had a lot of: brute force.

It was his time.

"Gnip, Vlad, out you go!" The Hero whispered enthusiastically, as two flashes of light emitted from his belt. "Do try to be a little quiet about it, huh?" At their friend and master's command, the Mach and Fang Scorp Pokemon bared their fangs, in their species equivalent of a smile. Vlad glided swiftly towards the Mightyena, and clamped his claw on it's muzzle, stopping the howl short, as he chopped with his free claw. Meanwhile, Gnip almost seemed to scoff at the pair of Houndoom as she bore down upon them. She slashed with her right claw at one, and with a spinning motion, lashed the other with her tail. Hopefully she was annoying enough to make these bad dogs focus their attention on her....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette==-

 

Colette stepped through the opening in the fence, as she watched the new opponents approach. Normal rules, I just need to hit them. She hoped that she was right about how Pokemon types worked in the absence of Pokemon Power, and fired off an Aura Sphere as quick as she could at the Mightyena that had caused these problems to begin with.

 

Chloe, meanwhile, was simply watching and waiting for a chance of her own. She eyed the nearby crates, if it needed to come to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

Vlad's intervention came just too late. The howl was being taken up by others in the yard, and there was no way to stop them all. A door opened in the back of the warehouse, and a group of eight people with guns came out into the yard.

 

Xander cursed. "Everybody, take cover!" He grabbed the nearest allies -- I'm grabbing an angry Garchomp, he realized -- and teleported to the side, behind one of the crates.

 

Silver light flowed from Jared, blindingly bright -- to their enemies. Somehow, the glare didn't affect his companions. He and Lachina rushed to duck behind an abandoned forklift for protection.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Industrial District

Togie spread his wings and dove in front of Colette and Felicia, shielding them from the guns. With a desperate squawk, he started to herd them behind a pallet stack.

 

Dahlia had just crawled through the opening in the fence when Xander gave his shout. Her blood froze at the sight of the small army of men, guns pointed at the intruders. Then she leapt into action, grabbing Ryan and dragging him behind a stack of crates.

 

"So much for a quiet entrance," Ryan muttered. His eyes fell on a crowbar and he quickly reached out to grab it before ducking back behind the safety of the crates, glad to have some way to defend himself.

 

"They have guns," Dahlia pointed out.

 

"You got any better ideas?"

 

The gardener brought her hands to her head. She wasn't used to making quick decisions under such duress. She had managed to silence the initial Houndoom with little thought, but the situation had greatly escalated. A mistake here could mean someone losing their life. "I don't think I'm fast enough to be able to Reverse their gunshots," she said, fighting the panic in her voice.

 

"Find them!" one of the men shouted. Dahlia heard the sound of a Pokéball opening, followed by a ferocious hollering. Pallet stacks toppled left and right as whatever Pokémon had been released thrashed about in search of their hiding place with little heed for the destruction it left in its wake.

 

Ryan swore under his breath. "Well if we can't do anything, someone else better think of something fast!"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

At Xander's command, Evan hid behind some crates by himself, whistling for Vlad to follow him. The Hero cursed his current lack of power variety, as he thought of a way to deal with this. "Next time I train, it's gonna be for a shield, no questions asked. He cursed, as the Fang Scorp floated near him. Gnip, meanwhile, yelped in surprise as she and this other trainer who wasn't Evan, were teleported. Despite her desire to seek out her master, the Garchomp decided, considering the hollering she had heard, now would be a good time to lay low.....

For a little while, anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette==-

 

Colette's eyes widened when she saw the guns, but was quickly pulled to the side and out of harm by the psychic girl. As they ran behind some of the dumpsters, the younger girl ruffled through her bag for a Pokeball.

 

"I know this is sudden, but you have to trust me on this one, it'll be safer in here, okay?" Colette smiled at the new Togepi, who nodded as Colette tapped the Pokeball to Felicia's forehead. After a shake and a click, Colette put the Pokeball back in her bag, and looked around at the others. "What's the plan?"

"The plan is that I need cover." Chloe responded, as she waited for a moment, and then leaned around cover to send out an unseen wave of psychic energy, mixing her Burst power with her telekinesis to try and damage the release mechanisms of as many of the Pokeballs as possible, to prevent more unwelcome company from showing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC - Sonja Baron - Conference Room, The Alamo:

 

The door closed behind Lohe. Sonja sighed, looking at Paul. "I'll head back with you."

 

 

IC - Echo Order - Sleight - Kotahi Village, Main Street:

 

"Permission granted," Sleight said, taking the pod. He cast a glance around the area, and then released his Charizard. "I'm trust you to continue the search for James Arthur--whatever you can find of him. Keep an eye out for us--we'll be leaving soon enough." The Fire-Type nodded, nuzzling against Sleight's armored hand before beginning the arduous process of shifting through debris in search of James's body. Sleight turned back to Amelia, gave her a nod and then stepped atop her Magnezone, taking a moment to steady himself. "Ready when you are."

 

Just like that, Amanda had vanished, and Sleight was off.

 

 

IC: Lyre Play/Moment Record/Essence Ponder/Tier Climb/Valley Watch/Entry Guard - Goldhawk/Esen Windred/Skye Hall/Jackson Sang vs.

Minotore/Phantashade/Chimerape/Sinystal/Terminite/Maniakoll/Fraygrins/Venophage/Ireknight/Devagore/Plite/Cerebeuron/Dramalgon/Samurloch - Kotahi Village, Beach

 

Boosts would only help so much here. As Lafoyae approached, the Ireknight shifted into a defensive stance. With her first punch, its lance expanded outward, umbrella-like, shining with defensive energy. The King's Shield took the brunt of the Close Combat attack, saving the Ireknight from any damage whilst simultaneously draining attack power from the Fighting-Type Suit.

 

 

The Grass-Type Suit's repairs worked surprisingly quickly, healing the Flying-Type Suit as if it were a living creature. Esen nodded her thanks to Lucia. "I'm not sure there is a better way to hold them off," she admitted. "Either we kill one and get two more until they overwhelm us, or we incapacitate them and then Missing Zero pulls the plug and replaces them, anyway." She frowned. "What I don't understand is why it doesn't just send out a larger force to begin with . . . Why play hydra like this?"

 

 

Before Madison's eyes, the Phantashade's head exploded. It had no time to react to the damage, no time to even indicate that it had been hurt. Its grip on Madison loosened, allowing her arms to spread further outward and tearing its chest into pieces. As she flopped back into the sand, the Ghost-Type's body crumpled to the ground in front of her, completely motionless. Then the Lava Plume enveloped them, burning what remained of the Ghost-Type . . .

 

 

Bright light enveloped the Maniakoll, burning it in a way that felt like it was being cut and stabbed a thousand times. The Normal-Type maneuvered itself so that its feet met Jamie's chest, and kicked off, launching itself into the air where it might as well have been floating in space. It summoned energy around itself, which it launched in the form of a Tri-Attack.

 

 

Devagore grinned. It twisted in the air, out of the way of the Sparkling Aria, and thrust a hand forward, casting a Tormenting barrage of mental energy upon Richard. It cackled all the while.

 

 

As the flames from Dack's Lava Plume cleared, the Sinystal appeared again. It had remained standing, even though smoke poured off of its body in torrents and it was clear that it had been Burned. The crystals across its body all appeared to have cracked or shattered in the explosion, suggesting that it was a lot more damaged than it let on. It set its sights on the recovering Dack again, raising its arm to launch a ray of light energy at him. Before it could, Jayron's Aura Sphere attack struck it, blasting a hole through its chest and felling it.

 

As if in retaliation, the Dramalgon approached. The sounds it made as it ran reminded one of a baby, almost cooing and crowing at Jayron as it stomped its way through the sand. Its jaws opened in a childlike grin, and with the full force of its body, to aimed to crush Jayron with a Dragon Hammer attack--and, as it happened, the newly-arrived Amanda as she teleported into the picture . . .

 

 

Elsewhere, the newborn Fraygrins had settled its attention on Sang. As he continued to batter its ally Terminite with Ground-Type attacks, aiming more to keep it at bay than to destroy it, the Grass-Type shuffled towards it on its many vines. Sang noticed it just in time to leap back, dodging the Vine Whip attack it had launched at him, before finding himself in a grapple with the Terminite, which had taken the opportunity to try and latch on to him with Leech Life. Seeing the commotion, Skye ran forward with a yell, shooting at the Fraygrins with a Signal Beam to distract it.

 

 

From their perch, Entry Guard and Valley Watch and switched into complete fire-at-will mode, carefully picking targets to try and debilitate them with damage. With the current situation on the beach, that was really all they could hope to do to help. Unfortunately, two Instances were left completely unattended to address the snipers' threat, and more were already emerging from Missing Zero to replace those that had fallen.

 

The group of snipers aimed for the approaching Cerebeuron. It possessed a much larger size than the Plite accompanying it, making it an easier target. With a shout from Graves, eight shots rang out, bullets flying through the air directly toward the Psychic-Type. The shots never landed. The arms of psychic energy extending from the Cerebeuron's main body moved forward, casting a net of telekinetic power that caught the bullets midflight. Without a sound, or any indication that it cared what it was doing, the Psychic-Type turned the bullets around and launched them straight back at their origin points. Both teams ducked, all but one agent managing to avoid any injuries--Lennon shouted in pain as a bullet passed through his shoulder, causing him to collapse.

 

The Instances were not yet done, however. Moving forward, Plite raised its hands, gathering energy into its palms. The resulting Moonblast cascaded across the top of one building, badly searing if not outright killing the agents of Entry Guard.

 

 

Theo's distraction didn't take. Samurloch spared but a glance at the decoy before directing its attention elsewhere; in its place, the Venophage that Ava had claimed as her opponent leaped into action, dodging away from her Acid Spray and toward Theo and placing itself between him and the samurai. It loosed a gurgling hiss, and with it, a Sludge Bomb attack.

 

Behind the Venophage, Samurloch started up the beach, not toward Theo but Goldhawk instead. Its eyes narrowed at the continued scuffling between the confused Minotore and the Chimerape it was pummeling. Without so much as a glance, the samurai raised its sword and swiped diagonally to its side, slicing both Instances' umbilical cords in half. Immediately, they stopped moving, dropping dead to the ground; immediately, four sigils appeared to replace the fallen Instances. It paid no attention to these, nor to the Instances that now moved toward the city. Its eyes remained fixed on one point, and that was Goldhawk.

 

The Liberty Leader could sense it, too. He breathed deeply, straightening up and turning to face the samurai. He could feel its stare burning into him like a hot poker, concentrated into a single spot. Had he believed it, Goldhawk might have sworn that the creature glared directly into his soul. Whether or not that was the case, he glared back, matching its gaze with his own despite the visor covering his face.

 

It came to a stop several yards away from him, head bowed slightly though it continued its glare. Never once did its mask-like face shift, instead remaining frozen in that perpetual half-smile, half-scream of rage and glee. Goldhawk crouched slightly, gloves sparking with energy. In response, Samurloch gripped its sword with both hands, bending its legs and holding the blade parallel to the ground, pointed at its opponent. The samurai loosed what could only be described as a hiss. Flames engulfed the blade.

 

Great. Goldhawk clenched his fists. This will be . . . difficult.

 

True though that may have been, the two remained staring at one another, watching, waiting to see who would make the first move. From a distance, they might have looked like statues, utterly motionless markers in the sun. At last, without warning, Goldhawk dropped his hands, launching electricity into the ground and supercharging a small area around them with Electric Terrain. He moved back, dodging out of the way of Samurloch as it came at him first with a lunge, and then a series of swings, constantly keeping him on his toes as he tried his best to avoid losing a limb.

 

 

OOC:

 

Ireknight: King's Shield > Lafoyae/Close Combat (blocked)

Phantashade: Destroyed
Maniakoll: Tri-Attack > Jamie

Devagore: Dodge > Sparkling Aria; Torment > Richard

Sinystal: Destroyed

Dramalgon: Dragon Hammer > Jayron

Fraygrins: Vine Whip > Sang (missed)

Terminite/Sang: Grappling

Skye: Signal Beam > Fraygrins

Entry Guard/Valley Watch: Combined fire > Cerebeuron (failed)

Cerebeuron: Psychic > Entry Guard/Valley Watch

Plite: Moonblast > Entry Guard

Venophage: Sludge Bomb > Theodore

Minotore: Destroyed

Chimerape: Destroyed

Goldhawk: Electric Terrain

Samurloch: Attack > Goldhawk

Missing Zero: Summon x8 -> Chimerape (x2), Driprown (x2), Maulice, Dramalgon, Ireknight, Devagore


Follow me on YouTube!

 

rotrbanner.png

 

 

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...