Jump to content
Parugi

Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Recommended Posts

-==IC: Ray==-

 

Things were certainly beginning to get more than a little hairy. Ray gritted his teeth as he felt his armour get singed for about the second time in as many hours. He turned his head in annoyance to the fire suit user that initiated the attack, but shook his head. There was another thing to take care of right now. The young man very quickly scanned the battlefield and saw the dragon-type instance that was currently stampeding toward Jayron and the Psychic suit person.

 

Ray grit his teeth and fired off an Ice Beam as fast as he could at the Dramalgon to try and at least slow it a bit to let the others be able to attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

The silver light was fading as Chloe poked her head out. Eight guns pointed and started firing. For the most part, the shots missed, ricocheting off of vehicles and shipping containers. Xander glanced towards the fence and his heart froze. Sylph was mostly exposed, ducking behind a half-rusted pallet stack.

 

Xander took a deep breath to focus and teleported. At the same instant he appeared by Sylph, she cried out. Blood splattered across the ground. Xander cried out. For a moment, his vision went dark. When he came to, he and Sylph were back beside Gnip.

 

Jared cursed. "I think one of them can teleport, too! He just vanished!"

 

Xander gripped Sylph, pressing a hand to the wound at the top of her shoulder. Blood. So much blood.

 

The Gardevoir winced. "I'm fine. I'm alright. It grazed me." Xander held her tightly.

 

"I'm gonna return you to your ball, slow the bleeding. As soon as we're out of here, I'll get you healed and back out, alright?"

 

She nodded, closing her eyes as Xander pressed the button on her ball.

 

Lachina bit her lip. "That guy hasn't popped back up?"

 

"No, he's gone. I'm gonna try and blind them again. Everyone, get ready!"


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Samus Returns music spoilers, blah, blah, blah...

 

IC: Amanda Zarth

 

Amanda emerged into chaos.

 

It wasn't unexpected, of course--she'd seen something of the fight through Jayron's surveillance pod--but the sheer scope of the situation was overwhelming and tried her untested psychic senses. Perhaps that was why, when faced with a charging enemy mere inches away, her earlier instinct to defend herself did not return.

 

Not that it mattered.

 

She shoved the Executive out of the way--more as a consequence of motion than an an intentional act--and prepared to bear the brunt of the creature's destructive blow...

 

...then, everything changed once the Ice-user attacked.

 

She wasn't sure what she was attacking, but she had an instant to try and stop it, and she took her chance, activating her suit's Telekinesis to both hold the Dramalgon at bay and hopefully position it perfectly to take maximum damage from the incoming attack.

 

OOC:

 

Amanda (+4 Def, +2 SAtk, +4 SDef, +2 Speed): push Jayron out of harm's way, Telekinesis vs. Dramalgon



 

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

 

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

 

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Industrial District

Gunshots echoed throughout the shipping yard. From their hiding place, Ryan and Dahlia had a clear view of Sylph. They saw her keel over even as Xander teleported to her side. The pair vanished, but the blood that remained where the Gardevoir had stood did not bode well.

 

"I have to help them," Dahlia said in a frightened whisper. "S-sylph's been shot . . . I . . . I can try to Reverse the wound . . ." She started to crawl out from behind the crates, but Ryan pulled her back.

 

"If you go out there now, they'll just shoot you too," he said. "We don't even know where Xander's hiding. We have to find some way to get rid of their guns first." His knuckles whitened as he tightened his grip on the crowbar and tried to run through different scenarios in his head. None of them ended well, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to think with that thrashing ruckus growing louder and louder.

 

Jared yelled a warning about another flash of aura. Then the crates behind Ryan and Dahlia exploded as a vicious Vigoroth burst through. Dahlia shrieked and Ryan tried to shield her from the heavy debris. The gardener's eyes glowed as she extended her power to the falling crates, reversing their momentum and repelling them away. They were safe from being crushed, but that still left a wild sloth-monkey to deal with.

 

Hooting and hollering in a primal bloodlust, the Vigoroth barreled toward them. Ryan raised his crowbar against the sloth-monkey's swinging arms, crying out as his muscles strained against the powerful blows. He wanted to go on the offensive, but the Vigoroth refused to let up its wild swinging. It was all he could do to keep from getting hit by its whiplike paws.

 

Dahlia meanwhile had crawled away from the ruckus. She desperately wanted to run to Xander and Sylph's aid, but she couldn't take her eyes off of Ryan's fight. Every time the Vigoroth swung a hit that would have connected, Dahlia activated her powers to push the wild Pokémon's arms away or make Ryan dodge in a different direction. Her heart pounded and her head throbbed; she was not used to using her powers with such short notice, and she knew she wouldn't be able to keep this up for very long. But even with Pokémon powers gone, one mistake could leave Ryan fatally wounded.

 

The bright glow from Jared's aura faded, and Dahlia caught sight of the poachers. The crates they had been hiding behind were in pieces, stripping them of their cover. Her blood froze as she saw one of the poachers level a gun in their direction. "Ryan, get down!" she cried as she threw herself to the ground to hide among the debris.

 

Ryan ducked as another gunshot echoed through the lot. The Vigoroth took advantage of the distraction, casting a devilish grin at Ryan before its long arms connected with the trainer's torso. The breath was knocked out of his lungs as Ryan found himself pummeled against the side of a forklift. He fell to the ground, his head ringing with the hooting cries of the Vigoroth that moved forward to continue its assault.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

Lafoyae should have been disappointed that she lost her precious attack boosts. She should have been livid, that all that build up was for nothing. That everything she had done in this battle was thwarted in some way. However, beneath her helmet, the Rocket assassin grinned. "If not with my fists......." She thought, as her left hand started to glow purple. "Then maybe this!" While she was still close to the knightly Instance, Lafoyae let loose a purple Focus Blast at it. "Let's see that miss."


IC: Evan Tierra

Evan heard the wild monkey's hollering as it sent Ryan towards the forklift. It clearly wasn't pulling it's punches, but what could he, a near-powerless Hero do? He had barely relearned to see with the power of Space, let alone any other abilities. But he had to try something. The Hero whistled to Vlad, as he rushed towards his friend's location, trying to keep as low to the ground as his current state would allow, until he was between Ryan and the monkey, who was readying another frenzied attack. "No need to worry, Sanders." Evan said as he and Vlad faced the Vigoroth, his knees trembling. "You've got -two- Heroes here to help!" As his new foe brought it's arm down, Evan instinctively swept his left arm up to his right shoulder. As he did so, a small shimmering, pink trail appeared, blocking the dangerous attack, before fading again. Bewildered, the creature lashed out again, as the Plasma Knight reversed the motion, causing the same phenomenon to occur...

"Well, how about that!?" Evan thought triumphantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lyre Play/Moment Record - Theodore Willows/Ava Willows/Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron vs. Terminite/Maniakoll/Fraygrins/Venophage/Ireknight (x2)/Devagore (x2)/Plite/Cerebeuron/Dramalgon (x2)/Samurloch/Chimerate (x2)/Driprown (x2)/Maulice - Kotahi Village, Beach
Jayron wanted to rush to the aid of Dack and Madison, but the giggling, grinning dragon rushing towards him wasn't about to give him that chance. The executive stood his ground, scanning through his moves to try and determine the best counter for the childlike monster.
 
He had just settled on Dragon Claw and was about to activate the protocol when Amanda blinked into view and shoved him to the ground. Jayron hit the sand hard, but he wasn't about to let the unexpected save keep him out of the fight. Raising a hand, he switched to another Aura Sphere -- an attack he was far more comfortable with than any of the Dragon Suit's capabilities -- and fired at the cooing Dramalgon.
 
 
Dack's eyes widened in horror as he saw Madison laying motionless in the sand, the Ghost-Type suit badly charred. He scrambled to his feet and raced toward her, only to fall back to the ground, overcome with a sickly vertigo. He forced himself to get up -- slower this time -- and shakily stumbled forward. His suit flashed warnings of his own condition, but he ignored them. When at last he reached her, he fell to his knees, resting his trembling hands on the scorch marks of his own doing. "Madison . . ." he whispered.
 
She did not respond.
 
"Madison . . ." He gently shook her. No response. Fighting back tears, he moved a hand up to her blackened visor and carefully pulled it back.
 
Her eyes darted open and she gave a feral scream, her hand darting forward to plunge her Shadow Claws into her assailant. Dack grabbed her arm and held it at bay. The dark claws were inches from his neck and it took all of Dack's strength to keep them from moving any farther.
 
"Madison. Madison! It's me!" With his free hand he retracted his own visor. "It's me."
 
Their eyes locked and for a brief moment the world around them was still. Madison let out a shaky breath and her claws dissipated into a ghostly mist. Then she wrapped her arms around Dack, tears pouring forth as she rested her chin on his shoulder.
 
"I'm so sorry . . ." Dack held her close, his vision blurring as the acrid scent of melted metal reached his nostrils. "I'm so, so sorry . . ."
 
 
"Hey I'm talking to you, Sammer-Guy!" Theodore's decoy waved its arms in a futile attempt to redirect Samurloch's attention away from Goldhawk.
 
"Theo, look out!" Ava's voice yelled over the comms.
 
Theodore tore his attention away from his decoy just in time to see a Sludge Bomb headed his direction. He dove out of the way, cursing as he looked over his shoulder and saw the melted remains of the stone wall he had been hiding behind. Beyond the melted stone, venom dripped from the Venophage that had launched the attack. "How did it find me?"
 
"It's smart," Ava said, running to her husband's aid. "Smart enough to ignore me after I tried to engage it in battle. Hang on, Theo, I'm on my way!"
 
Theodore scrambled to his feet as the alien creature scuttled toward him on its impossibly thin legs. "Yeah, you might want to hurry, honey. This thing is creeping me out!" He activated the Baby-Doll Eyes protocol, although he had serious doubts that the Instance would fall for the cute facade. Holding out his palms and taking several wary steps back, he created a Crafty Shield that would at least keep him safe from getting poisoned. He just had to bide his time until Ava got there. "Alright, Daddy Long-Legs," he muttered. "Let's dance."
 
 
OOC:
Jayron (+1 Atk, +1 Spd): Aura Sphere -> Dramalgon
Dack (Poisoned, Turn 3): Comforting Madison
Madison: In shock
Ava (+1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Accuracy, +1 Sp. Def): Running to Theodore's aid
Theodore: Baby-Doll Eyes -> Venophage, Crafty Shield -> Self


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe stifled a gasp at what had happened, and turned her head when the second flash happened. With gritted teeth, the girl walked forward out of cover while they were blinded for the second time that hour, and used her telekinesis to cause crates behind the seven shooters still present to come crashing down. While their attention was mostly taken by either the crates behind them or Dahlia and Ryan, Chloe walked forward and strafed to the side toward the door.

 

While she walked, she reached out with her powers, and attempted to vibrate one of the legs of the distracted shooters with her combination telekinesis and burst ability. As it worked, the bone in the shooter's leg fragmented. Chloe watched as the person fell to their knees. She noticed the grip on the shooter's gun was loosened, and used her powers to yank it away. However, the speed it flew toward her at caused her to not get a good grip on the weapon, and it clattered to the ground. Knowing that having the gun around would very likely end badly, she promptly kicked it behind a nearby pallet, and took off into the building when the guns turned toward her.

 

-==IC: Colette==-

 

After Chloe took off, Colette decided to launch an attack as well. She stayed mostly behind the crates and planned her attack while the guards were still blinded, but fired off an Aura Sphere at the closest guard to her, as she aimed to either disable the gun with the attack, or disable the guard himself.

 

-==IC: Lucia==-

 

"I don't know..." The healer had to admit that this didn't make sense. "It could be toying with us. . . or saving energy maybe? Nothing feels like a proper reason..." At the same time, Lucia wasn't even sure that to do now. "We should try to fall back slightly - we need to hold the line as long as we can, and we need to have a proper escape route." As she said that, she spotted the two Driprown that was among the group of Instances headed toward the town. The grass user quickly activated her Razor Leaf protocol once again, and sent the attack toward the two, hoping that it was do more to cut them down this time than the previous attempts.

 

-==IC: Ryan==-

 

Ryan grit his teeth as he switched out Sammy for his Tyranitar. With everyone powerless, he knew that none of them would truly help, but yet. . . he felt they needed some help, even if powerless. It was obvious they were starting to get quickly overwhelmed, however. The dark user fired off a Night Daze at the Cerebeuron to try and draw the attention away from the rooftop snipers, but yet, he knew that even with this, they were multiplying too quickly.

 

"Everyone, I heavily recommend we fall back, immediately. We can't keep this pace up. We need to regroup as soon as possible and find some other way of holding them back. The evacuations seem to be very nearly done, but we can't afford to get overwhelmed here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

The Flare had the desired effect, keeping the opponents from shooting for a few crucial seconds. Jared glanced over and saw Evan, Ryan, and Dahlia fighting a Vigoroth. A look to his other side showed the remaining guard dogs approaching. Silver light formed in his hand, and he clenched his fist. A flurry of aura spheres shot out at the dark types.

 

Lachina hopped on Aolani's back, and the Altaria gained a bit of height before diving down at the Vigoroth.

 

Xander took a deep breath to steady himself and glanced at Gnip. "I know I'm not your trainer, but I have an idea."

 

Xander came barreling from behind the crate astride a Garchomp. As Chloe was stepping out and attacking, Xander was unleashing his own Bursts at the guards. He had to admit, riding on a Garchomp was exhilarating. The speed and agility the land shark showed meant the gunmen couldn't easily target them, though not for lack of trying.

 

As Gnip neared, one of the guards lobbed a Pokéball. With a roar, a hulking Tyranitar appeared to block the approach.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Industrial District

Ryan was sure he was dead. He had lost his crowbar when the Vigoroth had smashed him against the forklift, and he was too stunned to move out of the way. That was when a hero clad in brown and his trusty Gliscor jumped to his defense, protecting him with mighty shields of Space. Ryan was speechless as the Vigoroth continued to pummel Evan's spacial shields until Lachina divebombed the sloth-monkey on her Altaria.

 

As the Vigoroth grappled with Aolani, Ryan fumbled for another weapon. Ripping a plank of wood off of a shattered pallet, he swung at the wild monkey with a sharp battle cry. The splintered edge of the weapon dug into the Vigoroth's fur, eliciting a cry of pain from the Pokémon. A moment later Aolani sank her talons into the Vigoroth, drawing blood. The sloth-monkey swung about in a wild rage, but its energy was quickly draining. Dahlia rushed in from behind, wielding the crowbar Ryan had dropped, and smacked the Vigoroth upside the head. With that final blow, the frenzied creature collapsed.

 

Dahlia panted, handing Ryan back his weapon as they took advantage of the brief reprieve. Their rest was short-lived, for a monstrous roar signaled the appearance of a Tyranitar. Before the collected group could think of running to Xander's aid a Pokéball sailed through the air, depositing a Nidoking into their midst.

 

"They just don't stop, do they?" Ryan swallowed as he stared up at the hulking beast.

 

A squawk diverted his attention as Togie came flying to his aid. Ryan gladly hopped onto the Togekiss' back and took to the skies with Lachina. The higher altitude granted him a better scope of the battlefield. Jared was busy fighting the guard dogs, Xander was taking on the Tyranitar, Colette was doing her best to keep the guards at bay, and Chloe was nowhere to be seen.

 

Ryan cursed as Togie swerved to avoid a gunshot. "We're prime targets up here!" he called to Lachina before urging Togie into a nosedive. As they sailed past the Nidoking, Ryan reached out with his weapon to strike the beast in the back. Unlike the Vigoroth, the Nidoking was a much sturdier Pokémon, and the crowbar did little more than bounce off its thick hide. Ryan gulped as Togie narrowly avoided getting grabbed by the Nidoking.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette==-

 

As the girl glanced out from her hiding place, she noticed one of the guards limp off toward the warehouse itself. A friend followed along to help with their foot, which left five left in the actual lot. Colette quickly rose to her feet after charging up an Aura Sphere, and fired it directly at the hands of the man she had attacked earlier. The blast ate right through the bullet fired toward her and altered its trajectory so it flew harmlessly into a pallet nearby. The gun was hit by the Aura Sphere and flung out of the man's hands, who simply glanced around to make sure he could come up with a plan here.

 

Colette quickly sent out her Wartortle to give some cover. She wasn't sure what could be done, but the Wartortle attempted to scratch out at the Nidoking to draw attention away. As that happened, Colette fired off another Aura Sphere at the Nidoking's face. She attempted to keep pressure on it so that the others might be able to do something to defeat the Pokemon.

 

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe panted as she rested inside of the warehouse. She kept at the ready as she heard footsteps quickly approach her hiding spot.

 

"I don't see a thing here. That girl must've vanished." The psychic allowed herself a smile at that.

 

"No." Another voice made the smile falter. "I heard something over here, and I think I see something pink."

 

Note to self. Don't bring purse along for stealth missions. Chloe dropped down slightly and prepared for the approach of the two guards. She launched off a telekinetic burst at the non-injured guard, but it only succeeded in knocking him off balance. Cursing her lack of actual preparation for a situation like this, the young woman instead took advantage of the shooter being off-guard and wrestled the gun away from him. Although he attempted to keep a hold of the gun, a couple broken fingers courtesy of the same powers she used on his buddy earlier quickly changed that tune.

 

"Stand down now." The woman said with a mixture of hypnotic suggestions and holding a gun to the two guards. She had never actually fired a gun before, but they didn't know that. Uncertainly, they backed off with their hands in the air. "Now, take me to where you have the Pokemon you kidnapped."

 

The two guards uneasily looked at each other, but then slowly led the way as Chloe followed behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

With the Vigoroth dealt with, Evan focused on the Nidoking, inwardly laughing in amusement as Ryan's crowbar bounced off it's carapace. The creature definitely looked imposing, but the Knight was not intimidated. After all, he had a far more intimidating pokemon on his side. Grinning, he threw the Luxury Ball that contained Landorus, who looked at his friend inquisitively. "Now this may seem brutal, but it seems taking out that Nidoking, would be a splendid idea." Evan said, pointing at the Drill Pokemon. "I don't care how, just help Ryan out."

Landorus faced his target, thinking of his approach as he sized him up. Despite his might, this Nidoking seemed far more durable than most pokemon the Abundance Pokemon had fought. He floated over to a pile of pallets and lifted it up relatively easily. "This will do." He thought as he prepared himself for what he as about to do. With great speed, the mighty Landorus flew towards the Nidoking and, with all his considerable might, brought down the pallet onto it's head, growling as he did so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

It looked like Xander and Gnip were on their own for this one.The psychic could feel his reserves running low, but he had to do something. Gnip was holding her own, dodging the Tyranitar's ponderous attacks, but her own counters were mostly deflecting off of the Armor Pokémon's tough hide.

 

Xander took a deep breath and let loose. A purple spiral of energy shot out, slamming into the Tyranitar. He sustained it until he saw the hide break. Gnip saw the opportunity and lunged, her claws slipping into the gap to get to the softer flesh beneath.

 

Lachina and Aolani circled, diving down to try and distract the Nidoking for just a couple of moments. The ranger knew that her Capture Styler was basically useless here, so she was doing the best she could do.

 

Jared and Anubis finished dealing with the last of the guard dogs and circled around towards the warehouse. As one of the gunmen aimed at them, the Lucario rushed forward. He wasn't as fast without his power, but he was quick enough. He slammed a palm into the man's solar plexus, causing him to drop his gun and gasp for breath.

 

A silver aura ball finished the man's contribution to the fight. Jared and Anubis moved to confront the remaining four.

 

IC

 

There was a soft groan from somewhere nearby. A ragged, strained voice called out. "H-hey! Who's there? Oh, god, somebody help me! Please!" As they rounded the corner, Chloe and the guards saw a man's torso sticking out of the ground. A pool of blood surrounded him, dripping from the ruined stump of his left shoulder.

 

He reached for them with his remaining hand, agony in his eyes. "I-I'm stuck in the floor! Please, please help me . . ."

Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe stifled a gasp as she saw the scene that was in front of her. The two guards had frozen on the spot, and the psychic couldn't blame them. The look of everything didn't help her own courage, but she frowned slightly.

 

"Let's go." The girl motioned for the guards to approach with her. Despite their differing allegiances, the three worked together to investigate the panicked man. However, the three of them reached one solemn conclusion - it appeared that he was completely fused with the ground. While Chloe investigated his torso, the man and woman that accompanied her attempted to lift the man out - to no avail. The young woman noticed that even his shirt had melded seamlessly with the concrete, and she bit her lip.

 

"How did this happen?" Chloe asked as she looked up at the honestly dying man, wishing that there was more she could do to help him. He might have been an enemy, but this. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC

 

The man screamed as his companions tried to lift him from the ground. "Stop, stop! You're going to tear me in half!" As they released him, he coughed, blood spraying out to join that pooling from his stump arm. "I don't know. I was shooting . . . I was shooting, and then I was here." He was starting to waver, eyes drooping. "It hurts, and I'm cold . . ."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe stood up quietly, but seemed disturbed by what this could mean. "It will be okay." The girl attempted to smile as best as she could in the moment, even as she sent a hypnotic pulse to the man to numb the pain. The man smiled at nothing in particular as the look of pain on his face was completely erased, his eyes slowly falling to a close not long after. There was dead silence afterward, as the man's companions tried to regain their composure.

 

"I'm sorry that this had to happen..." Chloe said after a few moments and she sighed. "I promise you that he'll get a proper burial when this is all said and done. Please, let's co-operate to put an end to this before anyone else has to get hurt. Please show me to where you're keeping the Pokemon you kidnapped, and where you store the records revolving around this whole operation."

 

The guards complied without much hesitation, and led her in the direction they were initially headed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Industrial District

The culmination of attacks targeted toward the Nidoking weren't enough to tear through its thick hide, but their combined efforts managed to throw the Pokémon into a daze. The purple beast lashed out blindly in Kammy's direction, not caring who it hit.

 

One of the remaining gunmen widened his eyes in panic as his comrade fell at the hands of Anubis. He tossed two Pokéballs into the fray, releasing a Pidgeot and a Tauros. The gunman climbed onto the former's back, taking to the skies to give himself a better vantage point while the latter barreled through crates and pallets to assist the Nidoking.

 

The battlefield had long since erupted into chaos. When Ryan had been fighting the Vigoroth one-on-one, Dahlia had been able to lend her assistance. Now with so many people ganging up on the Nidoking, the gardener didn't know where to turn. Xander's fight with the Tyranitar was too far away for her to reliably help, and the gunmen didn't seem to be giving Jared any trouble. Her indecisiveness made her a prime target for the Tauros. The bull lowered its horns and charged with a ferocious bellow.

 

Before Dahlia could react, a Pokéball dropped from the skies and opened in a shower of light. When Dahlia could see again, a Typhlosion had caught the bull by the horns, keeping it at bay. "Good going, Quil!" Ryan called as he flew by on Togie's back. "Don't worry, Dahlia! I've got your--"

 

A Pidgeot swooped out of nowhere and snatched Ryan off of his Togekiss. The poacher atop the falcon laughed at Ryan's futile attempts to free himself of the Pidgeot's sharp talons. "I wouldn't struggle if I were you," the man gloated. "It's a long way down, and no one wants to deal with the mess you'd make when you hit the ground. Your friends won't attack me either, if they know what's good for you. Now . . . which one should I take out first?" The man scanned the battlefield before leveling his gun on Jared, who was currently preoccupied with the other gunmen. "Time to snuff out his lights!"

 

The Pidgeot suddenly lurched forward, sending its passengers into a downward spiral. The giant bird screeched as it struggled to right itself. It was all Ryan could do to grip the large talons and hope the Pidgeot didn't decide to let go.

 

From her hiding place behind Quil, Dahlia cried out as she reversed the air currents around the Pidgeot. It was like flying a remote controlled helicopter, only ten times harder and with Ryan's life on the line. Every time the Pidgeot managed to right itself, Dahlia would reverse another current, sending it back into a falling frenzy. The sky swam before Dahlia's eyes as she started to feel lightheaded, but she refused to falter, pushing the Pidgeot lower and lower. The ground trembled at the struggle between Quil and the Tauros, the latter starting to take the upper hand. Quil barked a warning to Dahlia, and she released her hold on the air currents just long enough to get a head start. Moments later the Tauros broke free from Quil and started to chase after the gardener once more.

 

No longer struggling against Dahlia's powers, the Pidgeot quickly leveled out, its trainer shaking off the vertigo. "Just how many dang powers have you guys got?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette==-

 

Colette blinked slightly from behind her hiding place, as she saw Ryan get swept off his Togekiss by a Pidgeot. For a brief moment, she contemplated whether that had happened or not. She decided it did, and watched as Dahlia worked to cause the bird issues.

 

Nicely done... She thought, admittedly impressed by the strategy that bought her time to charge an Aura Sphere up. However, as soon as the reversal was stopped, the Pidgeot began to climb back into the sky. That looked like trouble in the making, especially since Togie seemed to not have an actual plan in mind for what to do.

 

"Now, go!" The girl tried to call to the Togekiss over the din of battle, as she launched off the golden yellow sphere toward the Pidgeot, her aura beginning to flare to life. She decided to keep it like that, as she turned to the others. "Anyone else want to end up like that other guy?" Colette said as she stepped out from behind the cover, trying to make use of how intimidating she hoped she looked. She inwardly reflected that it probably was actually not intimidating at all, just bright.

 

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

While everyone outside was still preoccupied with their own fighting, Chloe and her two companions reached the portion of the storage area which kept the Pokemon. As soon as they entered, the psychic could hear a bunch of rustling in the cages surrounding them. This was not a life that she could agree with anyone having. She wanted to free all the Pokemon right then and there, but stopped herself in time - that would just cause more problems in the long run, as they would likely immediately flee and others would have to try and track them down.

 

The two guards headed over to a locked cabinet located near the cages, as the psychic investigated the cages further. Most of them seemed to be empty - as if a lot of the Pokemon had already been shipped elsewhere. Still, there were a fair number of cages that had frightened Pokemon staring at her uncertainly. However, a shrill hooting caught her attention. Chloe walked over to one cage that appeared to be relatively empty, except for a couple Chespin and a Rowlet that certainly did not seem to belong there. The girl noticed that the two Chespin were pressed up against the back of the cage in fear, but the Rowlet seemed to be squawking to try to get her attention. . .

 

"Do you. . . want me to open this?" The Rowlet nodded. "Alright..." Chloe bit her lip, as she wasn't entirely sure that it was a good idea. However, she focused her powers on the lock as she attempted to force the padlock's loop to pop open. It took a lot longer than she would have liked, but the lock eventually broke open, the inner workings rather mangled by the unintended opening. As she opened the door, the Rowlet flew out happily, and bounded around her head. The two Chespin stayed right where they were, fearful that it was a trap, but the Rowlet did not seem to care at all.

 

The man grit his teeth as he input the password for the drawer's lock. The other guard didn't notice as he slipped away - she instead simply looked through the files to find the ones they had been ordered to get for Chloe. The man walked toward the distracted psychic as he flipped open a pocket knife. The young intruder had promised that no-one else had to get hurt. . . but they were the ones who caused people to get hurt in the first place. These intruders were the reason one of their own was dead. And Harold was a rather big proponent of "Eye for an eye". A malicious smile was etched onto his face as he approached behind.

 

A panicked squawk.

 

A surprised turn of the head.

 

A quick flash of light.

 

The knife sunk in and was ripped out after a moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

Gnip moved back as the Tyranitar toppled, defeated but alive. Xander was about to congratulate her when he felt pain rip into his back. He gasped, body tensing as he traced the source of the pain.

 

The warehouse. He looked around and cursed. Chloe wasn't out here, which meant . . .

 

Xander patted Gnip. "Find Evan." He focused and teleported, staggering as he appeared inside the doorway of the warehouse. After a second to orient himself, he ran inside, reaching out mentally to try and find Chloe.

 

There was mental snickering as the guard ran, and Jared couldn't help but smile at the cowardice. Three left.

 

Anubis grabbed one by the shoulder and brought his knee up into the guard's back. There was a soft 'pop' as the guard's shoulder dislocated, and Anubis let him drop to the ground. Two more. One turned, just in time to catch a boot to the face from Jared. She fell, blood pouring from her broken nose.

 

One left.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC==-

 

The source of the pain, and more stabbing, would guide Xander to his destination as well as distant squawking. . .

 

-==IC: Aftermath==-

 

Chloe stumbled back as she crashed back into the cages. The Rowlet let out more panicked squawks as the man continued to stab. The girl's face paled, however, as she saw just what was taking the blows. She could not move as her Serperior stood defiantly with his back to the attacker, taking each brutal slice one after another. She couldn't make a sound as she was forced to watch as the poacher just stabbed blindly into one of her Pokemon. She felt like there was a ringing that kept growing louder as she was splattered with something warm.

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

 

The man's scream caught the attention of his accomplice, but when she turned around, she could only gasp at the scene that had played out without her knowledge. The squawks had seemed odd, but she had thought it was because of them being there. But when she saw the bloody mess and the Serperior that had fallen to the ground, she knew something far worse had happened. She also saw the cause of the screams, as Harold's arm now looked rather... flexible. A little too flexible, in fact. More screams filled the air as the man collapsed to a knee; the next moment he was laying on the ground, his only usable arm clutching the shattered one pitifully with pained whines.

 

Chloe took jagged breaths as she struggled to remain composed. The man had broken. An eye for an eye. Unlike him, she was not going to stoop to an evil level. Instead, she collapsed beside the cut-up Serperior, helplessly looking at how fatal each wound looked. Without even considering the remaining guard, she just began to cry, not even caring where they currently were. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan sighed in exasperation, as Ryan found himself in yet -another- predicament. "Time to help fearless leader yet again, I suppose." He though, as he saw Gnip rushing back towards him. Without missing a beat, he was going to apply some grisly knowledge about Gnip's species. "Gnip, see that Pidgeot?" Her master said. "LUUUUUUUUNCHTIME."

The moment Evan pointed out the Pidgeot, Gnip suddenly realized how -hungry- she was. While it was true that she didn't mind it up until now, but seeing that delicious-looking bird, made her mind in a big way. Hunger burning in her eyes, the fearsome landshark  rushed towards the dazed Pidgeot, and with great force, pounced it. It's trainer had been knocked off, leaving the Bird pokemon to the mercy of the ravenous Shooting Star Dragon.

A swift bite.

A hearty crunching.

A wing swallowed with a loud gulp.

"Tastes like chicken!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xander Cruize/Chloe Hikari

 

The scene was gruesome. Xander looked at the female guard and let his anger flow from him. He slammed her into the shelf she stood next to, hard enough to knock her out. He stepped forward, unclipping Sylph's ball from his belt and sending her out. "I'm sorry. I know you're hurt, but . . ." He gestured at the Serperior.

 

Sylph gasped, her hand covering her mouth. She looked at Xander with wide red eyes. "Wh-what do you want me to do?"

 

"You know how to heal. Talk me through it." His voice was ragged as he knelt next to Chloe and her Pokémon.

 

"Xander, he--"

 

"Tell me what to do, Sylph!" He placed a hand carefully on the Serperior's back.

 

Sylph put her hand to her bleeding shoulder and winced. "Feel for signs of life. Reach out mentally and look for a heartbeat, the moving of lungs, the pulsing of blood."

 

Xander focused, eyes closing as he concentrated. He could feel the heart still beating, feebly. He shuddered. "He's alive. Okay, now what?."

 

As Xander continued to attempt to work on healing Kamina, the Rowlet fluttered nearby. It sadly crooned to the Snake Pokemon, but the most that Kamina actually was able to say seemed to consist of a few Pokemon-words. Even still, the Rowlet appeared to be surprised by what was said. After a few moments, the bird hopped up onto the young woman's shoulder, and leaned against her cheek in an attempt to at least help out with her sadness.

 

Sylph chewed her lip. "You have to knit the sinew back together. Start inside, work your way out. You . . . You have to will it together, as hard as you can."

 

"What about the blood loss?"

 

"Work quickly."

 

"There's . . . There's fluid leaking on the inside, stuff that isn't blood."

 

"Stomach acid? I . . . Xander, you can't heal that. It's too far gone."

 

"Then . . . No. No!" Xander reached out, broadcasting with all his strength. Dahlia, we need you in the warehouse! Now! He emphasized the sense of urgency and gave her the path through the warehouse.

 

But it was already too late. Xander could feel the Serperior's heart stop, could feel the last breath leave its lungs.

 

"I . . . Chloe, I'm sorry." Tears rolled down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry . . ."

 

"It's not your fault. . ." Chloe said quietly, as she simply looked down at the grass-type that laid in front of her.

 

Xander wiped his hands on his jeans, not caring that he smeared blood on them. He stood shakily and looked around. For the first time, he saw the man in the concrete and recoiled in horror..

 

"The others might still need help. Stay here as long as you need to."

 

With a blink, Chloe shakily stood up, heedless of the bird perched on her shoulder. Her eyes, though still blurred with tears, seemed to have no sign of being broken.
 
"I'll help."
Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Industrial District

An aura sphere tossed the gunman off his mount moments before a giant landshark devoured a wing. The Pidgeot screamed in pain as it batted its remaining wing to get away from the voracious Garchomp, releasing its grip on Ryan in the process.

 

Ryan's stomach lurched as he tumbled toward the ground, only for Togie to swoop in and catch him. Barely managing to catch his breath, Ryan wasted no time in steering the Togekiss towards their next target. He reached out a hand and grabbed the screaming gunsman before he could hit the ground. The added weight threw Togie off balance, and they tumbled rather unceremoniously in front of Colette.

 

"Thanks for the save." Ryan smiled gratefully up at the aura wielder before moving to pin the poacher to the ground. The man had lost his gun in the fall, and Ryan wasn't about to give him the chance to reclaim it. He needn't have bothered, however, for the poacher was too busy staring in horror at the bloody remains of his one-winged Pidgeot. The crippled bird crashed to the ground with enough force to render it unconscious. Ryan turned his head from the gruesome sight. Even if they were fighting dangerous criminals, he would have to have a talk with Evan later about battle etiquette.

 

Dahlia, we need you in the warehouse! Now!

 

The urgency of Xander's message frightened the Heroine of Reverse. She skidded to a halt and made a beeline for the warehouse. The sudden change in direction made the Tauros careen into a forklift, but the snorting bull quickly found its bearings and resumed its pursuit. None of her Pokémon were powerful enough to hold their own against the Tauros, so she would have to find some other way to keep one step ahead of those razor sharp horns.

 

She drew close to Ryan and a brilliantly glowing Colette. "Ryan!" she yelled. The Liberty agent seemed to be busy with one of the poachers, but he wasted no time in tossing a Pokéball behind Dahlia. She heard the cry of his Samurott bracing itself to hold off the Tauros, but she didn't dare look back.

 

Next she approached Jared and Anubis. They had felled all but one of the remaining poachers. That would have to be enough. Desperate to come to Xander's aid, the mental image of the warehouse burned into her mind, Dahlia pushed her way past the aura wielder and raced towards the door. The remaining guard raised his gun and fired.

 

Dahlia raised an arm to reverse the bullet, but she lost her focus when an intense pain erupted in her side. Balling her hand into a fist, she cried out and reversed punched the man to the side before clambering through the door. Once inside, she allowed herself only a brief moment to catch her breath. She brought a hand to her side and when she pulled it away it was covered in blood. That was enough to convince her she needed to keep going. Ignoring the searing pain, Dahlia navigated her way through the shelves that lined the warehouse interior.

 

She turned a corner and brought her clean hand to her mouth at the sight of a man sticking halfway out of the concrete floor. At first she thought that was what Xander had called her here for. When she approached, she saw Chloe, Xander, and Sylph a little ways past the unfortunate man, kneeling around a bloodied Serperior. Dahlia doubled over in pain as she forced herself to run faster. She fell to her knees before the unfortunate Grass-Type and instantly began to activate her powers.

 

"I can do this," she told herself in a panicked voice. "It's just like un-crushing a can. Only b-bloodier. A-and with a time limit. No pressure." Fighting off an intense nausea, her eyes burning with tears, Dahlia desperately laid her hands on the serpent's long body as she worked to reverse the damage that had been done. It was far more taxing than anything she had tried before. Blood slowly seeped back into open wounds, only to pour out again when she tried to seal the skin shut. "No . . ." She focused harder and managed to close one wound, but the blood only poured that much faster from another tear. "No!" With a furious scream she grabbed ahold of the second wound and tried to force it shut with her bare hands. "Come on, you stupid powers! Why! -- Won't! -- You! -- WORK?!" The world started to spin as unbearable pain gripped at her side, and she felt utterly powerless to save the Serperior.


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe placed a hand solemnly on Dahlia's shoulder, and shook her head.

 

"It was too late before you showed up." The young woman said as she shook her head again. "It's not your powers fault. It's not." She took a deep breath to try and keep herself composed for the younger girl's sake and then suddenly noticed the red stain on the girl's shirt. Chloe pulled the heroine of reverse away from Kamina in an attempt to totally catch her attention.

 

"You need to lay down for now, please." The redhead bit her lip as she quickly glanced at Dahlia's back, but didn't see anything wrong there. "Xander, how good are you at telekinesis? This doesn't look like a stab wound, and I don't think it left. I don't trust myself with my powers... not now..." Chloe glanced around for supplies while she waited for the boy's response, but cursed as she recalled what the other psychic had done before they got there. "We got a first aid kit, didn't we? Where exactly did that go again?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared/Lachina

 

Jared didn't have time to ask Dahlia if she was alright before she was booking it into the warehouse. He glanced back and nodded as he saw that the battle outside was over. At a slower pace, he went inside.

 

Lachina landed Aolani next to Ryan and looked around. "Tie him up or knock him out so we can join the others." She made a point not to look at the man's Pidgeot or the Garchomp that had injured it. "Jared and Dahlia just went in, and I think Xander and Chloe are in there, too. They're not out here, anyways."

 

IC: Xander Cruize

 

"I can give it a shot." Xander nodded softly. At Chloe's mention of the first aid kit, he shook his head. "I tossed all the bags on my bed. Besides, if I can heal it, that will be better than bandages."

 

"But if you can't, then you'll waste time that could be used fixing her wounds." Sylph didn't even flinch as Xander shot her a dirty look. "You can heal her even if there are bandages on the wound. Go get them."

 

Xander scowled. "I don't have the raw power to make that trip, I don't think. Sort of been exerting myself here."

 

"Try." Sylph's voice brooked no argument.

 

Xander sighed and vanished. He started digging through the pile of shopping on his bed  It took him a few seconds before he found the first aid kits. He focused --

 

Pain lanced through his head. He gasped, hand flying to his temple. He had to get back, had to help Dahlia.

 

He appeared back in the warehouse, blood dripping from one nostril. He shoved the kit towards Chloe. "I need a second before I can get the bullet out."

 

"Bullet?" Jared asked as he came around the corner.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Upon Xander's return, Chloe noticed just how bad the mission had been wearing on Xander. She was about to respond, when she heard Jared's voice.

 

"Dahlia was hit by a bullet. Once we get it out, we can bandage it up." The psychic girl shot Xander a look. "Then we'll be working on you. Right now, we're both not in good enough shape for too much exertion. I never got healing to work, and even if you know how it's a better idea to just do this the old fashioned way. But we need the bullet out first."

 

Chloe turned to Dahlia with a deep sigh as she took another breath to stay calm. "It'll be okay, alright? From the looks of where you were hit, I don't think anything important got hit. I can't be certain, but the most important thing is to stay still. Alright?"

 

-==IC: Colette==-

 

With a sigh of relief, Colette noticed that most of the fighting was already over. It turned out that she didn't need the dramatic aura flare that she used, which suited her fine as she took a deep breath to let it just fade off. However, a gunshot caught her attention, and although she quickly fired off an aura sphere at the gun that the shooter had picked up off the ground, she hoped no-one had been hit in the process. However, it was then that she noticed something.

 

"Where'd everyone else go?" Colette wondered out loud, as she walked over to the shooter to try and restrain them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders - Shipping Yard, Keturi City

"You're monsters! All of you!" The man refused to take his eyes off his Pidgeot even as Ryan fumbled about with some rope he had in his backpack to tie his hands together. Quil had helped Samurott overpower the Tauros, leaving the battlefield eerily quiet save for their captive's hysterical screams. "Who in their right mind lets their Pokémon eat their opponent?!"

 

"Unless you want Gnip to take a bite out of you next, I'd advise you shut it." Ryan pulled the man to his feet and pushed him toward the warehouse, offering his extra rope to Colette to help in restraining the other shooter. "You're going to lead us to those Pokémon you're holding captive."

 

The man eyed the fallen Pokémon scattered throughout the yard. "B-but what about--?"

 

"Now."

 

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Warehouse Interior, Keturi City

Dahlia was too weak to resist when Chloe pulled her away from the Serperior. "I'm sorry . . ." she said as the psychic girl laid her down on her back. "I didn't get here fast enough. I'm so sorry . . ."

 

She suddenly found her role reversed as Chloe and Xander debated how best to treat her wound. She would have laughed at the irony, but even the slightest movement sent waves of pain through her torso. Their voices sounded like they were getting farther and farther away, and she thought she heard Jared's voice in the mix.

 

Then Chloe was leaning over her, speaking in a reassuring voice. Her wound wasn't bad, she said. Then why did it feel like a hot poker pressed against her side? It's important to stay still. Dahlia took several shaky breaths as she tried to calm her trembling nerves. She wiped her tears on her arm and nodded at Chloe. "I-I'll try . . ."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

 

There was still one opponent left, and it was locked in combat with Landorus, who was blocking it's frenzied strikes. His ally, Evan Tierra, had heard the frenzied crying of the Pidgeot's owner. "I'm pretty sure you have no right to talk, considering the lack of mercy you had." Evan thought, glaring just a touch. He looked at the Abundance Pokemon's fight. "Lets get this over with, Landorus." He said as he returned Vlad to his poke ball, and prepared to follow Ryan.

 

The Pokemon nodded as he blocked yet another strike and, in one one quick motion, gut punched the Drill pokemon, wanting to end this mercifully. The poison type let out a wheeze as it was struck, and fell over. Landorus then floated behind his partner, keeping a watchful eye out for any potential reinforcements...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jared Winters/Xander Cruize

 

Xander took a moment to wipe the blood from his nose, then turned to Dahlia. "I can't promise that this will be painless, Dahlia. He took her hand lightly. "If it hurts, squeeze as hard as you can, alright? It'll help."

 

Dahlia gave a slow nod. Xander reached deep to find his last reserves. He probed and found the bullet in the wound. He gripped it and started to slowly pull. He grimaced as he felt it moving tissue aside on the way out. At least knife wounds didn't generally try to close themselves back up like this.

 

Slowly, avoiding extra damage, he removed the bullet from the wound. It dropped to the ground with a sound like a bead.

 

Jared looked between the two psychics. "Either of you know how to apply bandages?"

 

Xander sighed. "Not really, no."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

"You weren't called early enough, it wasn't anything to do with you. It's okay." Chloe gave a reassuring smile as best as she could at the moment and watched as Xander took the bullet out. As Jared asked about whether anyone had knowledge, the young woman nodded. "I sat through the Liberty course on the basics of it. Plus, we got ourselves into so much trouble in Unova that one way or the other that it was a good idea for me to look up more of the advanced stuff." She didn't add that it was herself who got into the most trouble.

 

"When we get back to base, we're just gonna relax for the rest of the afternoon. Everyone agreed?" Chloe cleaned the wound with a bit of gauze, and then began to bandage the girl up as best as possible for the moment. "Though, this probably should be checked out when we get back just to be sure. How are you feeling, Dahlia?"

 

-==IC: Colette==-

 

Colette returned Kammy as the Wartortle ran back proudly. Without much else to say, the girl followed Ryan. However, she wondered why everyone had gone inside so quickly and left the outside to them. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders - Warehouse, Keturi City

Ryan let his captive lead the way through the warehouse. Colette followed close behind, and he trusted Lachina and Evan were bringing up the rear. A scream echoed from the other side of the maze-like interior. "This better not have been a trap," he muttered.

 

"Trap?" The man scoffed. "You're the ones who made the trap. No one was supposed to know we were even here! How did you -- Oh my God, what did they do to you?!"

 

The man froze, and Ryan was about to push him forward when he rounded the corner and saw the horrifying image of a man's torso sitting in a pool of blood. At first he thought the victim's legs had been chopped off, but as he drew closer he realized the poacher had somehow fused with the concrete. He brought a hand to his mouth as a sickly feeling rose in his stomach.

 

That sickly feeling only got worse when he reached the man and looked past him into a large room. Dahlia was laying on the ground covered in blood, Chloe and Xander kneeling on either side of her while Jared looked on from a distance. A thin trail of blood led from the gardener to the disfigured remains of a Serperior, suggesting either someone had dragged Dahlia away or the Serperior had slithered away. Ryan felt weak in the knees and could only stare from the room's entrance as Chloe worked to bandage Dahlia up.

 

"Guys . . . what happened?" Ryan asked weakly. "Is Dahlia hurt? Whose Serperior is that? What happened to that guy in the ground?"

 

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Warehouse Interior, Keturi City

From the moment Xander had begun his telekinetic extraction, Dahlia had not let go of his hand. She screamed in pain as he pulled the bullet out, and even when Chloe began dressing her wound she continued to squeeze the Kalosian with an iron grip. When at long last Chloe finished her work, Dahlia pulled herself up into a sitting position, gingerly touching her bandage with her free hand. She still felt woozy, and she was still in terrible pain, but the worst of it was over.

 

Ryan appeared at the end of the hallway and began asking a million questions. Dahlia slowly loosened her grip on Xander and let her hand slip out of his. She turned to look at the Liberty agent, to reassure him everything was fine, but her eyes fell on the man stuck in the concrete behind him. The nausea she had been fighting overwhelmed her, and she leaned over to add vomit to the puddle of blood that surrounded her.

 

"S-sorry . . ." She wiped her mouth and looked over at Chloe, somehow managing to give her a grateful look despite her trembling. "I'll . . . I'll be alright." Her eyes fell on the cages that lined the wall behind the fallen Serperior, and she managed a weary smile. "Hey, at least we found what we were looking for. R-right . . . ?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

"What in Arceus's name is it now?" Evan said upon the guard's outburst. "Just ke-what the?" Evan saw a man, embedded, no, fused into the ground in a pool of blood. He hadn't seen anything of this ilk, and it unsettled him. Then he saw the Serperior, with his numerous stab wounds. "W-what happened here?" The Plasma Agent said, fighting his legs for stability. "What happened to that man, and that Serperior?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

Lachina gasped, stepping back as she saw the gory scene in the room. As Dahlia sat up and vomited, Lachina turned away to do the same.

 

Jared shoved his hands into his pockets, scowling. "We're here, so that's something."

 

Xander sighed. "Yeah, we found what we were looking for . . ." He stood, turning to face Evan. "We don't know what happened to that guy, and the rest can be explained later. For now, we need to get our information and report back to the Alamo with it."

 

Once again the Hero of Space was struck by that sense of familiarity as Xander's amethyst eyes locked with Evan's.


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Colette==-

 

"What the --" Colette stopped dead in her tracks as she saw the scene. Any further comments were cut off as Xander said for them to discuss it later. She averted her eyes as she agreed that getting away from here probably was the better option at the moment. She felt like in this case, she was the least capable of helping with things, and decided to just leave it for the people already in the room, as she backtracked outside to keep an eye on things.

 

-==IC: Chloe==-

"You're right." Chloe stood up as she looked over to the unlocked filing cabinet's drawer. "I think the stuff we're looking for is in there." The Rowlet that had kept perched on her shoulder hooted in agreement and fluttered off toward the cabinet despite not being able to read. "That Serperior is my Kamina, though, to explain that much."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan couldn't help but feel bewildered by the feeling he got from Xander. For some reason he had felt he was someone else, but he couldn't place just -who- he reminded him of. Attempting to push those thoughts aside for the moment, he nodded at the black-haired young man's statement, as he noticed Landorus float over to Chloe's Serperior. The floating pokemon furrowed his brow, and then looked at Evan, as he pointed to Kamina, and then the ground. "We should also give Kamina a proper burial, is what I think Landorus is saying." The Hero said, as he noticed that a single tear flowed down the Abundance pokemon's eyes. "It's the least we can do for him, you know?" As Evan spoke, Landorus hoisted the serpent's body onto his shoulder, not showing an ounce of difficulty as he did so.

"Soon, you'll be one with the land again, I assure you." Landorus thought as he performed his task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Warehouse Interior, Keturi City

Ryan solemnly nodded his respects to Kamina, surprised that Chloe was so well composed after having just witnessed the death of her trusted partner. Then again, focusing menial tasks was one of the best ways to distract from processing painful emotions, something Ryan knew all too well. "I'm so sorry." He moved toward the filing cabinet to console the girl, but hung back far enough to give her space, which left him standing awkwardly in the middle of the room in indecisiveness.

 

His eyes moved past the filing cabinet to the cages that lined the wall. Most of the cells were empty, and the few poached Pokémon that remained trembled at the bloodbath they had just witnessed. Setting them free would just invite them to run wild in an unfamiliar land, but Ryan didn't like the idea of them hauling heavy cages back to the Alamo. He knelt down to observe the occupants.

 

Most were Pokémon he didn't recognize: a trio of pink puffy clouds, a pair of what looked like minuscule Raichu, a lone panda cub. One cage seemed to just hold a handful of colorful flowers at first glance, but a closer inspection revealed tiny Pokémon clutching some of the flower pistils in fear while a different Pokémon dragged several flowers behind it on its thin, almost serpentine body. He recognized a pink bird as the same type of Pokémon Kyle had gotten in Kalos, and a pair of Chespin timidly poked their heads out of an open cage next to a sleeping Hippopotas and a Carbink.

 

Ryan glanced back up at the others. "Any idea what to do with all these Pokémon?"

 

Meanwhile, Dahlia shakily got to her feet, leaning against Xander for support. "Th-that guy in the ground . . ." She made a brief glance in the general direction of the man but quickly averted her eyes. "It's a long shot, but I might be able to reverse what happened to him." Between the fierce battle, her efforts to save Kamina, and her bullet wound, Dahlia did not look to be in any condition to be reversing anything. Still she steeled herself. "We can't just leave him there to die, and he or his friend might be able to give us some more information on this poaching gig they've got going."


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

"He's already dead." Chloe said with an oddity in her voiced that betrayed just how disturbed she had been from this situation. "He was already nearly gone by the time I found him. I eased his pain and he was gone moments later." The psychic rifled through one of the files that appeared to have the most info on the operation, but a good chunk of the files that would be most relevant were already missing - which suggested that the poachers might have taken them elsewhere beforehand. The only thing that had survived directly regarding the Pokemon was a list of types that were captured. Chloe glanced back behind her and noticed that there was a lot fewer Pokemon present than listed on the paper.

 

Where could they have all gone, though. . .? The young woman frowned slightly, and turned to where the woman whose leg she had fractured was. The trafficker had started to stir and looked around in confusion at the surroundings, only for her eyes to widen in horror as she realized the situation she was in. Chloe abandoned the idea of the filing cabinet and approached the woman slowly.

 

"Alright, those files didn't have exactly the info we need. You're poachers, right?"

 

"No!" The woman shook her head as her face fell. "We're just transporters. We got sent the shipments from Kalos from trucks on a boat and we kept them here until the client was ready."

 

"Who is this client?" Chloe noticed that the woman seemed uneasy now.

 

"We didn't meet with the client directly. . . Someone would be sent each time, one of two people. I was never here during the time they showed up, however." She glanced over at the panicked man that Ryan had brought it. "H-he should know. Just, please, don't hurt anyone else. I'm sure he'll tell you what you want to know. . ."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

Xander let Dahlia lean against him, if only to hide the fact that he also needed support. He could feel his body starting to shake. He looked to the guy mentioned and sighed. "Tell us everything, please. We will absolutely know if you're lying or holding anything back."

 

The guy in question glared at the collective and chewed his lip as he thought it over. "You killed a friend of mine, and beat my other friends to unconsciousness, not to mention what you did to my Pidgeot."

 

Jared scowled. It really didn't sound good when put in that way.

 

"So, in short, up yours."

 

"Alright, we tried doing this the nice way." Xander stepped forward and put a hand tot he man's head. "Who were they?" And he forced his way into the man's mind. There was no time for finesse, no time for gentle prodding. He reached in and found every interaction this trafficker had had with the people picking up the Pokémon. The man tried not to think about them.

 

Xander ripped the memories to the surface, not caring what he wrecked in the process.

 

Five seconds later, the man slumped, mouth opening as his jaw went slack. Xander pulled back, eyes cold, face hard. "They're with Liberty. I recognize them. One of them was at the mission briefing, and I think the other is his twin or something."


"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Evan Tierra

As Xander made his revelation public, Evan looked at his face, that sense of familiarity bugging him yet again. He studied the Psychic's face, his hair and eyes especially. Then he thought about everyone he'd met, that matched them. He considered Klim and Seth, but he dismissed those as misplaced longing to see them again. Then he thought of anyone else.....until he got to Team Plasma. There was one person who matched it, and Evan could not believe it. It made no sense whatsoever.

He looked like Amanda Zarth, his liaison with the Sages.

That revelation aside, Chloe and Dahlia's words struck a chord with him. "He may be dead, but, despite our actions here, he should be allowed to properly buried." The Plasma Agent said. "Unless anyone else is opposed to that? If you are, we'd best get moving soon."

Edited by Dr. Hidaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Warehouse Interior, Keturi City
Dahlia pulled away from Xander, looking in horror at the man he had just reduced to a vegetative state. Losing control over one's powers was one thing, but Xander looked like he knew full well what he was doing. "Was that really necessary?" she chided with a disapproving glare aimed at the Kalosian. "You could have probed his mind without ripping it to shreds. We're not supposed to be the monsters here."
 
Without waiting for a response she turned away and knelt by the remains of the man stuck in the concrete, making a point not to stare directly at the gruesome mess. "Evan's right, a proper burial is the least we can do for someone we murdered so brutally." She glanced over her shoulder at Xander, her eyes beginning to glow with power. "You're sure you have no clue how he ended up in the middle of the floor?" For a moment it looked like she was going to use her powers against Xander, but she turned back to the dead trafficker and began the tedious process of unfusing him with the concrete.
 
A wave of dizziness made her lurch to the side and she screamed in pain but she caught herself before she hit the ground and continued to pour forth her dwindling energy. Was it worth it? Overexerting herself for the sake of a dead trafficker? The others probably thought her a fool, but if Xander refused to show any form of common decency then Dahlia would just have to work extra hard to make up for it.
 
With every scream Dahlia uttered, Ryan felt a pang in the pit of his stomach. He wanted to tell her to stop, but he knew she wouldn't listen. Xander's unnecessarily brutal method of interrogation was most likely what had set Dahlia on edge, but Ryan knew better than to hash it out right there. They still had a mission to finish, and heightened emotions would only devolve the situation further. Pushing his feelings aside, he focused on the facts.
 
"If these Pokémon are being shipped to someone within Team Liberty, and they were important enough to be at the mission briefing, then we can't risk going straight to Liberty leadership with this information. Until we can find sufficient evidence for whoever's behind all this, we can't let anyone besides Kyle and Esen know about this. Understand?" Ryan chewed his lip as he looked back to the caged Pokémon and pulled his Pokégear out of his pocket. "Lachina, do you think you can use your capture styler to calm these Pokémon down enough that we can take them back to the Alamo without much fuss?" He hastily typed out a discrete message to Kyle.
 


Found what we were looking for. Do you think the Daycare can take some more occupants without asking too many questions? We need to talk in private.

 

IC: Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

Paul did not talk much as he followed Sonja back to the cafeteria. Here was a girl who had been with Ford just as long as his daughter had, who had been working toward the same goal, and had experienced the same betrayal. On top of all that, she had traveled with Ellen across the Unova region. He should have had a million questions for her, but nothing sprang to mind. And so he continued in silence. She probably didn't want to talk about it any more than Ellen or Levi did.

 

The cafeteria was largely empty, which made it easy to pick out the small crowd that had gathered a table away from Kyle. Ellen had sent out her full team and seemed to be in the process of introducing them to Levi: Terry, Artemis, Isabella, Solo (Duo now, he corrected himself), her Grotle, and that unruly Purrloin. Levi meanwhile seemed to listen closely to whatever Ellen had to say about each of her companions while Kyle's Houndour pranced between them.

 

Paul couldn't help but smile at the sight. It was as if the entire fiasco with McKinley had never happened and Ellen was just a normal kid playing with someone her age. He decided to let them be and instead walked up to Kyle, who seemed focused on the live feed on his laptop. He took a seat across from the Liberty agent and cleared his throat to get his attention. "How's it going?"


Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

 

Quotes from throughout the years:

 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keturi Group

 

"I couldn't have," Xander said with a shake of his head. "I'm spent, I have a headache like no other. I literally don't have the focus to have done that delicately." He sighed. "He'll recover, though. It's just temporary."

 

Things were going poorly enough. Jared didn't feel like pointing out the lie.

 

"As for that guy, I honestly don't know."

 

Sylph chewed her lip. "That was you, Xander." Her trainer looked to her, bewildered. "It probably happened when I got shot. You teleported us back to the crates . . ."

 

"And the guy disappeared," Jared finished. "Pretty much the same instant."

 

Xander pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. "I honestly didn't even mean to teleport us. I just wanted to get to safety, and I wanted whoever shot Sylph to be somewhere else. I . . ."

 

Jared sighed. "Let's just finish this up."

 

Lachina turned to Ryan. "I don't know if I can affect a group that size, but I'll give it a shot." She whipped her Styler's antenna out to full length and released the device.

Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

 

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

 

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...