Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Xander Cruize

The boy paused in handing Chloe the bags and blinked. "What? Yeah, they're blue. Or, they should be." He scowled. "What color are they now?"

"They're purple right now," Chloe explained.

Sylph nodded. "The exact same shade as last time, too."

Xander groaned. "But that was years ago. Why would it happen again now?"

IC: Lachina Adaon/Aspen Seaton

"So, what's not fair, exactly?" the boy asked Lachina. The ranger sighed, shaking her head.

"Nothing important, promise." She glanced at the Lucario and nodded to it as it crossed its arms. "You hurt yourself fighting your Lucario?"

"What? No, who would try to fight their own Pokémon?" His brow furrowed. "No, I got injured in a battle with a Pinsir."

"So, you'll fight a Pinsir but not a Lucario?"

"It wasn't-- I didn't choose to fight it, it just came after me."

Lachina nodded slowly. "Right, okay then. Oh, sorry, where're my manners? I'm Lachina Adaon." She held her hand out to shake, then lowered it when she remembered that the boy was on crutches.

"I'm Aspen. Aspen Seaton." He shifted one of the crutches under his arm and held his own hand out to shake. Lachina took it lightly as her heart sank.

"Seaton? Don't suppose you have a sister or two?"

"Yeah, Dahlia and Olivia. Have you met them?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we trained together yesterday, and Dahlia and I went with some friends down to the city earlier." She paused. "Oh, um, I dunno if I should be the one to tell you, but your sister got shot in the side."

"What?!" Aspen lost his balance, nearly fell over. Aria caught him by the arm and scowled. He frowned. "How? What happened?"

"Well, it's a long story . . ." And so she began explaining to him about the mission to Keturi.

Edited by MELON LORD

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

-==IC: Chloe==-

Chloe blinked for a moment as the two discussed things. She thought for a moment as she considered her own eye colour issues.

"You did do a lot of teleporting today. . ." The woman said slowly as she recalled some things she read in the book while researching her powers last month. "It's possible that is what caused this. Did you know I had grey eyes once? Not anymore." Chloe thought for a moment, then giggled. "Not that I mind."

IC: Xander Cruize

"What? Your eye color can change when you use psychic abilities?" Xander stared in shock at the girl. "But-- I've never had it happen before!"

"Not entirely true." Sylph smiled softly. "They glow briefly whenever you exert yourself, and now that I think of it . . . Remember that time in Shalour, when you and Cameron fell from the stairs?"

"What? We realized--" His voice caught. "So, that was me?" He put a hand on his dresser to steady himself. "Well, then. Thanks, Chloe, for helping me figure that mystery out."

He paused. "Think they'll stay this way?"

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

Chloe bit her lip a moment before she laughed awkwardly. She wasn't sure if she had the heart to tell the younger boy. She decided it was necessary information.

"Well, mine haven't changed since I checked, and that was at least a month ago. I have no clue when they changed either, so, um... yeah, I think they might stay that way."

IC: Colleen Llyan/Zoe Llyan/Evan Tierra - Vier Village, Four Island
Zoe's mouth dropped open and a piece of half-chewed pizza plopped out onto her plate. "Coll . . . Colleen?" she said slowly. The name sounded strange on her tongue. Stringy, like the cheese of her pizza. At first she wondered if it was some sort of joke, but her sister looked completely serious. She mouthed the name again.

"Hero name, that's-waitwhatColleen?" Evan said, easily slipping from casual to disbelief in one fell swoop. Considering he hadn't known her long, it wasn't as surprising. What was surprising was that she had something like that hidden for so long.

The girl nodded as she ran her fingers through her hair awkwardly. "Colleen." she confirmed feeling a little shy under the atmosphere of bewilderment. "I kinda feel like I'd like to switch to that name again, honestly. Mom gave me the option; whether I could or not. I just, I feel like it's a more fitting thing. I feel like it kinda... is more me in a sense. Something just feels right to me."

Zoe nodded slowly. "The girl who trains day and night to be an aura wielder was Colette. But my sister . . . the one who loves me and cares about me and will do anything to save the world for me . . . that's Colleen." She broke into a grin and hugged her sister. "Colette, Colleen, it doesn't matter. You'll always be Collie to me!"

"Colleen. Colleen. Colleen." Evan mentally said, as Zoe spoke. Each time he thought about it, the more it made sense to use 'Colleen'. "Yeah, it doesn't matter either way." The Hero said, smiling. "You're the Aura Princess, and if you want to use the more 'you' name, so be it!"

"It even sounds like Collie!" Zoe added with a giggle.

Colleen giggled, as she smiled happily. "That's true. I don't know if that's what Mom and Dad had in mind, but. . . yeah." She took a deep breath as that went better than she had really hoped. "That might be something I keep in mind for this trip too."

"I'm sure that you will, Aura Princess." Evan said proudly, as he resumed eating his current slice of pizza.

With the initial shock worn off, Zoe looked down at her plate and quickly stuffed her half-chewed pizza back into her mouth in a way that tried and badly failed at being subtle. She swallowed. "A new locket, a new name. You really are turning over a new leaf, Collie . . . een." She giggled again at the new name's similarity to her chosen nickname. "But you'll always be the best sister, no matter what you call yourself. I bet all your friends in Kalos will be really confused though!"

Colleen tapped her fingers togther sheepishly. "About that. . . you kinda were the only friend I had back then. There was one guy who treated me pretty well, but I only saw him once and can barely even recall what he looked like." The girl shrugged as she started up on a new piece of pizza.

"A guy, huh?" Zoe tried and failed to supress a knowing giggle. "Tell me about him."

"... I met the kid literally once, and that was like five years ago Zoe. . . I really don't remember anything." Colleen sighed slightly, but giggled too. "Was about as hammy as Evan here from what I recall. Granted, I think I wasn't much better at that age, but still." She snickered slightly in amusement. "In fact, I'm pretty sure you took after me in that regard."

Evan narrowed his eyes jokingly at Colleen. "Are you saying being hammy is for children, because if so......" The Hero said, beginning to pose. "I guess I'm a child at heart!"

Zoe laughed. "We really do make a great pair, then. Zany Zoe and Crazy Collie. A couple of hambone sisters and their Ex-Hero Space Friend!" Her smile faded as she reached for another slice of pizza. "I get what you mean, though. About the friends . . ."

"Hm?" Colleen looked up as she was about to laugh at Evan's comment. "What do you mean?"

Zoe seemed surprised she had spoken aloud. "N-nothing," she said, quickly gaining a tomato-red complexion to match her pizza sauce. "Just that . . . well, now you know how nice it is to have friends. Like Evan, and everyone you were hanging out with at breakfast today. And, well, I get jealous of your attention, but it really is a good thing for you, ya know?" She gave Colleen a sheepish smile before turning her attention back to her pizza.

The older sister seemed curious as she watched Zoe, but even without her aura powers, she could tell that this was something she didn't want to talk about yet. "That's fair, yeah. I can't say I know most well, but it's a work in progress."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, Zoe...." Evan turned to face the younger girl. "I'm definitely honored to be your friend!"

Zoe smiled shyly, an unusual demeanor for the usually-energetic girl, and she continued to eat her pizza in silence.

After a few minutes of silence, the trio finally finished eating, and Colleen leaned back to stare at the ceiling. She blinked for a moment and then a smile crept onto her face as she realized something. "Zoe? You mentioned earlier that you never actually got to see me train for real. Would you and Evan like to partake in a real life Aura training session?"

At the mention of the notion of "Aura Training", Evan's eyes lit up. "I'm definitely down, Aura Princess!" The Hero exclaimed excitedly. After Keturi, he was definitely wondering if he could relearn more of his power, so he could help more in the future.

Zoe's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "You mean like, right here? Right now? The Space Hero and the Aura Princess are gonna duke it out over the dinner table? Awesome!"

Colleen giggled slightly with an awkward laugh. "Maybe not right here, we might have to go outside for some things. But right now we can train, yeah. We'll want to start with meditation for a few minutes just to rest up after eating so much pizza, but then we can get to the fun stuff."

Evan grinned even more. "I'm totally down for that!" He said excitedly, as he set aside some pizza slices for tomorrow's breakfast.

Zoe wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Meditation? Isn't that the part where you sit around in a circle humming to yourself? Why can't we just skip to the not-boring part?"

"Well, Zoe......" Evan spoke kindly. "I've meditated to get closer to the one who gave me my gift. Maybe Colleen does it to ensure her powers are focused?"

"I mean... there's that too, but there's no humming either." Colleen scratched her head as she giggled. "I think that's a myth spread just to make people hate meditating. It's needed, though, because exercising after eating..." She did a quick count. "Did you really eat five pieces of pizza? Impressive. But anyway, doing other stuff right after that will just end in a mess."

Zoe shrugged. "Fair enough. If meditating really does help you get closer to people, then maybe I'll join in the meditating and grow closer to Collie! Although you can't complain if I start humming!" With a giggle the girl ran to wash out her plate in the sink.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: James/Lancelot - One Island

"Lancelot!" James called as he descended towards the level Lancelot was at as quickly as possible, using Rock Climb.

"Evade and use Lunge!" he shouted, reaching the bottom. Exhaust ports extended out of James's legs, charged for a moment before the Extremespeed launched him forward.

Lancelot didn't need to be told twice. He ran diagonally towards the Samurloch, towards the opposite side of the rocks approaching him. He passed very close, but did not quite touch the flames. Normally, one would be quite uncomfortable even getting that close to such heat, but Lancelot was already feeling on fire. His body felt boiling from power, his face wracked with ugly jubilation. His soul danced with thoughts of dismemberment, disembowelment, and dissection as he shoved his sword towards the samurai using the uncanny move they had discovered along with this form.

OOC: U-Turn replaced with Lunge (Special move approved)

IC: Richard - One Island

Richard heard the other Devagore approach from behind as well as Executive Aaron's order.

"Welp, show's over, time to exit stage left," he said as he activated the Aqua Jet protocol. If there was one thing battling in Unova without a license taught him, it was running away. Jets of water propelled Richard forward away from the two Devagores and the beach.

IC: Jamie - One Island

Jamie grunted as the fire and earth collided with her suit. She tried to pick the right move to block everything. But even if she blocked all the attacks, she couldn't mount a counter-attack without reinforcements. She heard James's voice, where was he? She needed to know what to do.

"Jamie, stay safe! Retreat if needed!" 

Jamie was still for a moment as she heard the message call into her comm. Lucia was watching. She was counting on her. Jamie nodded to herself, she would make an exit right here. She extended her arms towards both sides of her and concentrated. If she couldn't do this, she would die. But she would do it. She -had- to do it.

"TIME WILL FREEZE!" she shouted at the top of her lungs, her eyes glowing blue. With obedience to her call, a gray field encircled the area around her. As it covered the Instances surrounding her, they all came to a complete halt, completely frozen in place.

Struggling to hold the field together, Jamie shook Tristan's Poke Ball free and let it drop to the ground. The hulking Metagross sprang forth and saw the situation. He was completely stunned, a little horrified, but as his daughter was currently being threatened by these freaks, shook it off. He smashed the nearest still Instance with one of his hind legs before grabbing Jamie with a fore leg and running off, the young Heroine of Time straining to keep the frozen zone she had created stable as she was moved out of it.

IC: A confused father - One Island

"What in the-"

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Medical Wing, The Alamo
"They probably won't ask too many questions." Dahlia did not look up from her paperwork but it was clear she had been listening to the conversation. "They said something about preparing for a lot of critical patients, right? They won't concern themselves with what happened to little old me, they probably want to get me in and out as quickly as possible."

"That is a good point." Ryan chewed his lip. "Still, we should've made sure to all get our story straight before we all went our separate ways. As far as police go, we can say we were more concerned getting you medical attention than with calling the cops. Even though we could be calling them right now while we wait . . ." He sighed. "Did anyone actually call the cops? We need to tell somebody about the traffickers we just left tied up in that warehouse."

IC: Colleen Llyan/Zoe Llyan/Evan Tierra - Vier Village, Four Island
Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

The rhythmic counting of the clock was the only thing that pierced the silence as the trio sat in the living room meditating. Two of them meditated, at least. Zoe shifted uncomfortably in her spot, quickly regretting her agreement to meditate with them. It was torture; she was surprised her parents had never used it as punishment, a sort of mandatory quiet time. How Collie did this every day for twelve years without going crazy was beyond her. Zoe's vocal complaints were met with hushes from the two older heroes, and so she had to resign herself to counting the seconds as they ticked by. She had gotten up to six-hundred and eleven ticks before a rustle of movement made her open her eyes.

"Are we done yet?" she asked hesitantly.

"Almost done." Colleen said with a small smile as she kept her eyes closed. "You're honestly doing kinda well with this!"

"Kind of well?" Zoe let out a belabored groan. "I'm bored out of my mind! You promised we'd get to the fun stuff soon!"

"It hasn't been that long." Colleen opened her eyes with a giggle. "This is to teach focus, though. If you can clear your mind, you can usually see things better after. Things you'd miss usually would pop into view. Latent skills of any kind, possibly unlock!"

"I wish my latent skill could make time move faster," Zoe grumbled. She closed her eyes and wrinkled her face in an intense focus. "If Evan can be the Hero of Space then I can be the Hero of Time and jump forward to when this meditation thing is over!"

"It's not how that works, Zoe." Evan said playfully, as he kept his meditative position. He had remained silent up until that point, focusing his mind on the Master of Space.

With an exaggerated sigh Zoe closed her eyes and went back to counting seconds. Six-hundred and twelve . . . six-hundred and thirteen . . . six-hundred and fourteen . . .

After a little while longer, Colleen tapped Zoe on the shoulder. "Alright; we're done with this step now. You did pretty well, considering how much you don't like that." She giggled slightly at that mention, but definitely seemed pretty proud that despite how energetic she was, the younger girl had mostly focused on the task at hand well enough to see it through to completion.

Zoe jumped to her feet. "So is it fighting time now?" She energetically punched and kicked the air, nearly throwing herself off balance. "It'll be a battle of the ages-- whoa!"

The aura wielder watched in amusement. "I think we'll be starting with the basics; to teach you how to actually fight. That sorta punching will just wear you out and probably not actually do anything, I'm sorry to say." She awkwardly giggled at that, but thought for a moment. "Should we head outside so we don't accidentally break anything?"

"Hey, my punches do things!" Zoe protested. "They fill the enemy's hearts with fear!" She continued to punch and kick as she slowly made her way to the door, then swung her leg around to kick the door open. She only succeeded in stubbing her toe. "Um, on second thought . . . maybe a lesson or two would help," she said sheepishly as she hopped in place.

"Outside is definitly good." Evan said, guffawing a little at Zoe's attempt to kick open the door. "Plasma taught me hand-to-hand, but this seems different enough to warrant learning."

"Alright, let's head outside." When the trio walked out the door, they noticed that most of the light was from the streetlights at this point. The red sky glowed dimly as it threatened to vanish entirely, but Colleen paid it no attention, as she walked to a part of the grass that had nothing around it.

Zoe eagerly followed her sister, gazing up at the stars strewn across the sky. "Hey, it's like we're really connected to the vastness of space!" she said. "Aura and Space -- you two make a good combo! So, Collie, how do I throw a punch that will knock out my foes in a single hit? How do I do a Mach Punch like the pizza?"

Colleen giggled at the thought. "Well, that takes a lot of practice. You need to start with the basics before trying to do fancy stuff. Here, try like this." She demonstrated a simple punch through the air to try and establish the basic ideas of things.

"Like this?" Zoe tried her best to mimic her sister's movements, something that she had often done for years. Of course, she had never paid this much attention to the detail of Colleen's stance, the way her fist twisted in the air as she threw the punch in slow motion.

"Close; a little more like this. . ." The two sisters continued to work on the details of things for a little bit. As it was starting to get better, Colleen smiled happily. "Now, would you like to test it out?"

"You mean, like, actually fight you?"

The girl nodded with a smile. "Not to the extent to hurt, but basically practicing the basics. Lucina and I did it all the time; thought this would be probably at the beginning levels and such."

Zoe nodded and took a couple steps back, striking a dynamic pose to psych herself up for the fight. "The Warrior Princess eyes her enemy with disdain. She slowly circles around, waiting for the opportune moment to -- strike!" She charged forward, throwing a punch like Colleen had demonstrated. "Hiya!"

Colleen smiled at the story and quickly blocked the punch, surprised with the force behind it. "Not bad."

"Her nemesis blocks, but brave Zoe swings around with a flying kick!"

Colleen raised her arm to stop the momentum of Zoe's leg before grabbing her ankle with a mischievous smile on her face. "What will the warrior princess do now?"

Zoe's face paled. "Um . . . Flying Double Kick Surprise!" The girl leapt up of her other leg and tried to swing around to kick, but with her other leg stuck in Colleen's grip the moment she jumped her body fell backward. The world spun and the next thing she knew her head was dangling a just few inches above the blades of grass as Colleen dangled her by her leg.

"Well, it was a nice idea." It was obvious that the older sister was quite amused at the younger sister's predicament at this point. "Think there's a way you can get out of this?"

Zoe considered her options. Then she planted her hands on the ground for support and used her free leg to aim a blind kick toward Colleen. The kick went wide, but provided enough momentum that as her leg came back Zoe used the momentum to try and topple herself -- and Colleen -- over.

That certainly caught the aura wielder off guard, as the two girls toppled to the ground with a surprised squeak. Colleen blinked in confusion for a moment as she laid on the ground, then giggled at what happened. "Well, that was certainly interesting thinking."

"I still lost." Zoe's muffled voice came from somewhere under her sister. "If this was wrestling you just pinned me down."

Colleen stood up with an awkward giggle and held out her hand to help Zoe up. "I think you still did very well."

Zoe gratefully accepted. "So how would you have gotten out of that, wise Aura Master?" she asked curiously.

"Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. Every solution has to have an answer, just like a puzzle - but that honestly worked pretty well. With a little more momentum, you probably could've gotten free on your own."

"Is that why you do that meditation?" The young girl wrinkled her nose in mock disgust. "You know I don't have the patience for those silly mind puzzles. Does meditation like, help you focus on finding the answers?"

"That's one reason, yeah." Colleen gave a warm smile to Zoe and gave her a hug. "It would also help with patience in order to be able to think on the fly."

"Excellent work, you two." Evan applauded from his seat on the side of the porch, then hopped down to approach the girls. "I must say, that was a battle worthy of heroes!"

Zoe giggled with a slight blush of embarrassment. "Well, let's see you try then, Mr. Hero Guy! You promised me a true heroic battle -- I want to see what the powers of Space can do against the powers of Aura!" Giving Evan an encouraging pat on the back, Zoe took up the Hero's former seat on the porch, swinging her dangling feet as she waited for the real show to start.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Jared winters

"I don't think anyone was thinking about it earlier." Jared sighed, pressing a button on his Pokétch. "How about I go do that real quick?"

IC: Xander Cruize/Sylph

"That's . . . I don't even know how to feel about that." He rubbed at his eyes.

Sylph giggled. "At least they're a pretty color and not dull brown or something."

Xander sighed, shaking his head. "Anyways! Chloe, you'll probably see the others before I do, so do you mind if I hand everything off to you? I can help you carry it to your room if you want."

IC: Aspen Seaton/Lachina Adaon

Every word that the girl said caused Aspen's stomach to twist tighter with apprehension. "My sister helped with all this?" he found himself asking more than once.

Lachina nodded. "It all happened pretty fast, but everyone did some pretty amazing stuff. Well, the people with the cool powers did, at least. I sort of just stuck near others and assisted with Aolani." She patted the Altaria's neck.

"So, this Jared guy was there, too?"

"Yeah, he's the reason I went along. Apparently he and Dahlia hit it off pretty well yesterday." Lachina looked away, wincing as she said it.

Aspen didn't miss the gesture, but he decided not to comment on it for now. "So, uh . . . What's he like? I met him earlier in the cafeteria, but I don't think I made a great impression on him."

"He can be a bit of a grump sometimes, so I'm not surprised." Lachina chuckled. "He broods, but he's a really good guy. He looks out for others, even if they don't always want him to. It's . . . I won't say it's part of his charm because it's infuriating when he does it, but he means well and you can't stay mad at him for it."

Aspen nodded lightly. "So, would you say he's an okay person to be around, then?" His stomach tightened more as he remembered the cold, almost deadly look that Jared had given him in the cafeteria.

"If you're his friend." Lachina nodded. "If you're his friend, he's great. It's people who he considers enemies that need to worry." She swallowed as she remembered Vermilion. "He . . . He confessed some things to me, recently. Confided in me after like a month of traveling together." She sighed.

"He told her the same stuff after only a day. Not all of it, but the important bits."

Aspen considered. "And that's what isn't fair?"

"Yeah."

The two lapsed into silence as the sun continued its downward journey to the horizon.

After a time, Lachina asked, "What's your sister like? Is she really as nice as she seems?"

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Medical Wing, The Alamo

Ryan nodded as Jared stepped away to make the call. A long silence filled the room, broken only by the muffled sounds of Jared's voice and the scratching of Dahlia's pen. Ryan simply stared at the opposite wall, lost in his own thoughts.

When Dahlia finally finished the mountain of paperwork she started to get up, only for Ryan to block her with his arm. "I'll get it," he said kindly, reaching for the clipboard. Dahlia leaned back in her seat and pursed her lips as she watched Ryan take the paperwork back up to the counter. When he returned to his seat, she half-expected him to continue staring at the world's most interesting wall, but instead he looked straight at her. "How are you feeling?"

The question caught her off guard. "I'm annoyed that I let this happen to me the day before a big mission," she said pointedly. "I can't even continue my training until I heal up; I just feel like I'll be more of a burden to the team."

"Hey, you want to talk about being a burden? I would've been dead ten times over if you guys hadn't saved me from that Vigoroth and Pidgeot."

An amused smile played on her lips. "Yeah, I can't believe you tried to take on a Vigoroth with a crowbar of all things."

Ryan's face flushed. "No one's gonna let me forget that, are they? The point is, everyone has little mishaps, but that's no reason to give up."

"Little mishaps?" She grew serious once more as she studied his face. "And what about the big mishaps?"

Ryan sighed, his eyes filled with regret. "I should never have stopped your training after that incident; that was the worst thing I could've done. Jared's got the right idea about going back to your training the moment you're feeling better. He'll make a good--"

There was a crash as a small vase of plastic flowers toppled off an end table. Dahlia felt herself pale as one of the flowers started to float off. "Oh, no . . ."

Ryan leapt to his feet and ran over to the floating flower. Sure enough, the tiny Flabébé from before was trying to haul the decoration away. "How many Pokémon did Lachina take with her?"

"Clearly not all of them." Dahlia pushed herself out of her chair, ignoring the pain that shot through her side. "Fiora, put that down!" The flower dropped to the ground.

"Fiora?"

"I thought it was a fitting name." Dahlia beckoned the Flabébé to come back to her side, cupping her hands around the minuscule Pokémon. "Now you know better than that, Fiora. You apologize to the nice receptionist lady." The receptionist shot them a glare.

Ryan stared in shock. "You're not seriously thinking of keeping her, are you?"

"Oh, of course not." Dahlia giggled and walked over to help pick up the broken shards of vase. "But I am going to Kalos, and as best I can tell Fiora lost her flower in Kalos. I thought I might help her out."

"You do realize that's like looking for a needle in a giant haystack."

A series of tiny squeaks filled the room and it took the trainers a moment to realize Fiora was crying. "Aw, come on, Ryan. Weren't you the one just telling me not to let mishaps get you down? Fiora's had the worst mishap of all. I know it's a long shot, but I have to at least try to help her. There, there. It's alright, Fiora. Ryan didn't mean it, did he?"

Ryan couldn't help but smile up at Dahlia as she continued to coo at the tiny fairy. "You know, she is pretty cute."

IC: Hero Vs. Hero

"The Power of Space vs. the Power of Aura, eh? Let's give it a shot!" Evan thought as he approached Colleen, smiling. "The Aura Princess against the supposed 'Ex-hero of Space'." The Hero said gleefully. "Let's warm up first, and then see you've got, Colleen!"

After the warmup, Colleen stepped to her side of the mock battlefield, as she sized up the injured man. She felt cautious for some reason despite how much of an advantage she had, though she couldn't tell if it was because of his unknown powers or not. "I'll let you take first try!" The girl called out to Evan as she stood at the ready.

Despite being an arm down, the Hero couldn't help but feel that the two of them would be evenly matched."As Brycen of Unova once said....." Evan said as he rushed towards Colleen, grinning and ready to punch. "Bring it!" All he had, in terms of offense, were his fist and his feet, so he'd have to be clever to triumph against this worthy foe.

Colleen brought her arms up to the ready as Evan approached. Once he got close, the aura wielder stepped to the side and shot her fist toward Evan quickly.

As he missed, and consequently saw the fist heading his way, Evan was knocked back by the hit. "She definitely hits harder than Ray can." Evan thought, as he got back and rushed Colleen yet again, this time readying a Spacial Shield to parry a potential counterattack.

"Yeah, go Collie!" Zoe cried from the sidelines. "Punch his lights out! Er, sorry Evan!"

Colleen allowed herself a smile at that, but recognized that she probably wouldn't get away with that a second time. She quickly moved out of the way of the second rush and tried to put a little distance between herself and Evan, to attempt to get him to lower his guard a little more.

Another miss, but Zoe's cheering for Colleen couldn't help but make Evan smile. However, her evasiveness was only beginning to annoy the one armed man. "Stay still, darn it!" He thought as he went in for another rush, forgetting to cloak his hand in the shielding spacial energy.

Staying still was not in the girl's vocabulary, as she nimbly jumped to the side as Evan approached again. Colleen kicked back toward the man with another punch readied, trying her best to hold back on the power of the attack to not hurt him. Too badly, at least.

Yet again, Evan was knocked back, though not as far as the first time. It still annoyed the heck out of him. "That's it! That's the very last straw! I -will- have you within my grasp!" The Hero thought as his left hand was again cloaked in spacial power, this time, without even rushing the Aura Wielder, he swiped his hand in her direction. An instant later, Colleen was dragged into his range. "What just happened?" He thought in disbelief.

Zoe's mouth dropped open. "How did you do that?" she gasped. "One second she was over there, the next second it was like you turned into some sort of Collie Magnet!"

"How did you get over here so fast?" Colleen blinked in shock for a moment, then looked around. "... Wait, how did I get over here? I was over there... I didn't move..."

Evan saw his opportunity. He'd suss out what just happened after this, but right now. "You're finally in my range, Colleen Llyan!" The Hero said as he unleashed one of his own punches, making sure to hold back just enough not to hurt Colleen too much.

"And you're in mine!" The aura wielder aimed to directly counter the punch with one of her own, in the zone at that point.

Both combatants were knocked back by the impact of their recieved punches. While the punch hurt quite a bit, Evan thought about getting Colleen in his range again, but decided against another punch. He repeated the motion, thinking about how he wanted her in range. When she zoomed near him, he grinned."So.....that's how it works, huh?" The Hero said, rubbing his chin. "Interesting....."

The baffled girl blinked as she suddenly appeared there again. "So, how exactly are you doing that?"

Evan thought for a moment, and came to an idea. "I think I'm......erasing the space between you and I?" The man explained. "And to keep things normal, I think it slaps the two points divided by the space, together, if that makes sense. I just have to think about.....getting things within my grasp."

"Um . . . English, please?" Zoe cocked her head in confusion. "It's Saturday, I can't process all this sciencey mumbo-jumbo."

Evan sighed, and then repeated the motion towards Zoe, grinning mischievously. When she zoomed over to him, he replied. "Does that help, Warrior Princess?"

With the porch no longer there to support her Zoe fell down onto the grass. "Ow . . ." She looked around and blinked in confusion, then stared up at the Hero of Space. "So it's like a summoning spell."

"Sorta, though I think it's only on people and things I can see." Evan said as he posed dynamically. "Now you two have witnessed the majesty of the Hero of Space, not the Ex-Hero!"

"The True Hero!" Zoe cheered.

"That's pretty neat." Colleen giggled as she let out a sigh and wiped her brow. "I think that might be a good place to stop for now, though. You both did pretty well, though! Especially you, Zoe, for someone who hasn't had actual combat training."

Evan nodded. "Yeah, I agree." The man said, wiping his brow his left arm. "You certainly know how to throw a punch better than my friends, Colleen, and for that you definitely have my respect."

"Yeah, I've seen Ryan's skills firsthand, he's not that great." The girl wore an amused smile as she recalled that incident. "You're pretty good too, though, honestly."

"Thank you, Colleen!" Evan replied, grinning a bit. "I've had practice, and Plasma only made me better." He looked around, then focused back on Colleen. "If that's it for the day, I'm probably gonna wanna head back to my apartment in the Alamo.......after I grab some leftover pizza for later."

"Aw, do you have to leave so soon?" Zoe tugged on Evan's arm with a pleading look in her eye. He turned to Zoe. "I can't stay forever, Warrior Princess." Evan said chuckling. "I can't exactly give a good proposal to my Princess if I don't get some rest!" Zoe pursed her lip into an exaggerated frown. "Fine," she grumbled before throwing her arms around him. "Just promise you'll come back soon!"

"I'll definitely be sure to give you the good news." Evan remarked kindly, smiling as he did so. "In fact, you two will be the first ones to know!"

"Sounds like a plan." Colleen gave a smile as she giggled. "I hope everything goes well!"

With that, Evan quickly walked back into the house, took the pizza box with the pizza he had set aside, and came out. "Warrior Princess, I'm sure the Space Princess will appreciate some of this pizza tomorrow!" The Hero stated happily. "But now, I must be off!" With that, Evan made his way back to the Alamo, the wild day definitely ending on a good note...

IC: Lachina Adaon/Aspen Seaton

"What? Yeah, Dahlia's the nicest person you could ever meet. She was always the peace keeper between me and Olivia. " Aspen frowned at Lachna. "Why would you ask something like that?"

"Because I met and hung out with her yesterday, then we went to the city today, and . . ." Lachina sighed. "I like her, really, she's so friendly and charming. I was just wishing she had some flaw or other, something that I could dislike about her, so that . . ."

Aspen snorted, shaking his head. "The only flaw she has is that she's too nice, sometimes. She feels bad whenever she gets angry, or if she has to scold someone. I'm honestly surprised she helped with your mission the way you said."

"Well, Jared started training her. Apparently, he's been really good for her confidence." Both parties scowled a bit at that.

Lachina chuckled. "And, to answer your earlier question, Jared is the kind of guy who spars with his Lucario. Apparently he's been doing it since he was young."

Aspen laughed and shook his head. "No, I don't think I'd stand a chance in a fight with Aria. She's pretty good at battling, and she's more than a bit meaner than I am."

Lachina giggled. "Hey, I'm sure if you asked her to go easy on you, you could learn a couple of things. We don't know when Pokémon powers are coming back, so learning to fight could be important."

Aspen sighed. "If. We don't know if powers are coming back. You're right." He looked down at his leg and sighed. "I still have a week or so until I can stand on my own two feet again, though."

"That'll go by before you know it, you'll see. If we're back from this Kalos mission by then, you can probably join Jared and Dahlia in their training sessions. She let Olivia and I join in, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind having you there."

Aspen chewed his lip. "I'll think about it." He glanced at her. "So, this Jared guy is really trustworthy?"

"He'll take good care of your sister and friends, promise."

The boy nodded. "Alright then, if you say so."

Two stomachs growled simultaneously, and Lachina laughed. "Sorry, I sort of skipped out on meals today!"

"No worries, I only picked at my lunch earlier. Wanna head down for dinner?"

"Sounds good." Lachina recalled Aolani and led the way inside.

IC - All Squads - Goldhawk/Sleight/Jackson Sang/Esen Windred/Skye Hall vs.

Chimerape (x2)/Terminite/Maniakoll/Maulice/Fraygrins/Ireknight (x2)/Devagore (x2)/Dramalgon (x2)/Driprown (x2)/Leopyred (x4)/Samurloch - Kotahi Village, Beach:

"I'm at about the middle of the field, Esen. I'm retreating back toward the city, we're beginning to be overwhelmed here. What's your position?"

A wave of relief washed over Esen. She hadn't realized she had been holding her breath, perhaps anticipating worse news than that. "I'm above the field," she said. "Listen, we need to retreat, but we also need to get Goldhawk out of here. If your Suit's still working, I think I can figure out a plan to get him away from that samurai."

"My suit's still working, yeah. A little singed from everything, but it should be enough to either use one of the attack protocols, or to zip in." Ray picked up his pace as he altered his path to run toward where Goldhawk was instead.

Sang skidded to a stop in the sand. Just like that, in a brief flash lasting all of five seconds, the Psychic-Type Suit had appeared, grabbed Theo and Ava, and vanished, presumably to safety. The Ground-Type Suit clicked his tongue for a second, before pressing his comm button. "Esen, someone got the Willows already," he said. "Tell me how to help."

"You've got me, as well," Sleight's voice cut in. "Just give me the order."

"Roger that," Esen said. "Give me a minute while I analyze--stay on the outskirts of the battlefield."

The Ireknight's lance missed Lafoyae by a hair's breadth. As if in slow motion, it managed to turn its head in time to watch her fist come straight at it, slamming into it and crushing its skull with a single hit. The Steel-Type's body flew back several feet, twitching for a moment before falling still.

The second Stone Edge attack flew toward Samurloch. With expert maneuvering, the Instance sliced through the jagged rocks, splintering them and launching them into the surrounding sand. As it spun around to deflect another volley, Lance slammed into the samurai's side, throwing it off and knocking it back as the stones struck it dead-on. It rolled to its feet, gripping its sword tightly and glaring at its attackers.

"Got it," Esen said. "Sang, keep any nearby Instances off of us while we work. Sleight, you're going to get a path ready for Ray--use Stone Edge, bring some rocks up for him to maneuver through with the Ice-Suit's cables. Ray, use those, get Goldhawk, and then I'll extract with Noivern and Honchkrow. Once we have him, head back to the choppers immediately."

"Can do," Sleight replied.

"Good luck!" Sang called.

The ground beneath Samurloch, Lance, Tyranitar, and their trainers rumbled. The Samurai turned, covering its face as rocks erupted from the ground around them. They popped up first at random, then in a pattern, leading from the cliffs near the edge of the beach to the spot where Goldhawk lay. From the cliffs, Samurloch spied a lone suit of armor, hands pressed against the ground--the source of the stones.

"Path is ready," Sleight called over the radio. "Go."

Samurloch whipped its sword in front of it. The blade unlocked, transforming into a sort of bladed whip. "Enough." The blade shot forward with a roar from its wielder, the Anchor Shot attack aiming to entangle the Shadow Admin of Kanto in a deadly chain. Sleight crouched down, activating the Rock-Type Suit's defense protocol. The attack glanced off of the resulting energy shield, allowing Samurloch to whip around and send the attack flying at Tyranitar and Lance.

Magnezone's attack was joined by another as Sang charged across the beach. He dragged his hand through the sand, cutting through the ground with Fissure. A gaping chasm opened, ten feet long and dark within, sending several Instances tumbling in--some dead, some injured--while others fell injured or dead to the Zap Cannon attack. For now, the tide would hold.

• Upvote 1

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Amanda Zarth

Amanda appeared amidst the fray, stumbling as she hit the ground. This is... Through her disorientation, she managed to spot Goldhawk, still laying unattended on the beach; without her suit HUD to display such, it took her a moment to realize that her Ally Swap protocol had failed. Inconvenient, she noted, now it will be necessary to--

A series of Stone Edge spikes shot from the sand, making a path to the General, and she spotted the Ice suit preparing to navigate them. Samurloch launched its attack at Sleight, and Amanda was forced to drop to the ground to dodge as it swung its chain one hundred eighty degrees to take on the other re-powered Pokémon it was engaged with.

This is not viable. Though she lacked the display to confirm it, she could tell she was in no condition to engage the powerful enemy directly, and with so many Instances at play she could not afford to--

She spotted a cluster of Instances, stilled as if in stasis. She had not seen the cause, but the effect was evident, as was the opportunity. As she glanced down at the Pokéballs at her belt, a plan began to form...

First, she sent out her Elgyem, telepathically ordering it to attempt to sever the umbilical cords connecting the stilled Instances to the main entity (and arming it with a shard of her shattered armor with which to do so). She did the same with her Porygon (after a few moments spent searching it out), before turning her attention to Samurloch. The enemy was formidable, but no being was without weakness; she studied its movements, its patterns and preferences of attack, and prepared herself for her secret strike.

---------------

Though it was without orders, Amanda's Magnezone did not mind. It felt confident that it and its new ally could cover each other's weaknesses to achieve victory against the inevitable wave of new enemies. It sent its cores to range further out from itself for better field awareness, while moving the majority of its mass such that it could easily drop down between any newly-spawned Instances and its Trainer should the necessity arise, readying another combination attack for the inevitable countermove.

OOC: Please note that I forgot to make note of the dual screens she erected a few posts back when her Magnezone first Mega Evolved; I will begin noting them now.

Amanda (+4 Def, +2 SAtk, +4 SDef, +2 Speed, Light Screen (turn 3/5), Reflect (turn 3/5), 1 HP): complete Ally Switch with Goldhawk (failed), send out Elgyem

Mega Magnezone: shift position, ready action: Lock-On/Zap Cannon->any Instances attacking Sang

Porygon: physically sever cord of random stasis'd Instance (Leopyred selected)

Elgyem: physically sever cord of random stasis'd Instance (other Leopyred selected)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

Nodding at her hard fought kill, Lafoyae was about to retreat, when she remembered one other objective of the mission. They had to get anything to study these things. She looked at the Ireknight's corpse. "If I carry that entire thing, I'll be encumbered, and ergo, an easy target." She thought, as she eyed it over quickly. Then she had the best idea she's had for this entire mission. The Assassin rushed over to her kill, and grasped it's lance-like arm, and exerted her strength to tear its arm off. The connection of flesh, bone and exoskeleton gave up the ghost against her natural strength, and it's augmentation.Satisfied with her prize, the Rocket Agent fled in the direction the retreat was occurring, sending out a telepathic broadcast.

"Agent Belrose, retreating as ordered." She thought out loud. "I've got a little souvenir for the scientists back at base."

Edited by Dr. Hidaka

IC: Butler - Old Chateau

The butler nodded slowly upon hearing the reply of the four trainers. "Very well then," he said and stepped through the open door.

The group of confused trainers, reluctantly or not, followed the butler out of the room. Waiting for them outside were a line of maids waiting on either side of the hall.

"It is good to be fully staffed again after so long," the butler mused as he walked past the line, maids curtsying as the group passed. "I do have to thank the clown for helping us with that."

They walked down a large corridor, the well kept condition of the room belying the image of a ruined mansion they had seen before falling asleep.

What appeared to be halfway through the hall, they saw a great door as tall as the large corridor they were in. As they approached the door, the group noticed that the building was shaking. Rhythmically. In a consistent pattern.

They hardly had time to process this as the butler spoke once again. "The party is in the grand ballroom, through these doors. To be honest, I don't know what the clown expects of you. Keep an... open mind," he said with hesitation as he opened the door.

IC: The Party

There's was plenty to take as the group stepped through the door.

What they might have might have taken in was first the disco theme that was being played might have taken their notice. Or maybe the three massive orange speakers with faces and electric plasma extending from each of them in the back of the room playing the music. Bouncing up and down to the beat of the very song they were playing. The combined noise causing the same shaking they had felt on the outside of the room.

Otherwise they might noticed a strange Chandelure spinning from the ceiling. It's shiny, mirrored appearance casting patterns of light all over the the otherwise darkened room.

Perhaps the columns of ghostly wisps descending around the center stage would be the first. Wisps, spirits, ghouls and Ghost Pokemon of every kind responded to the music, seeking partners among themselves. All socializing, dancing, talking and plotting.

Or maybe the grand box that overlooked the grand ballroom, with a young woman in a fine dress, laughing heartily at the grand display might have been the first thing they saw, the exuberance contrasting her pale appearance.

But what they probably noticed first, was the grand stage that towered over them in the center of the room. The raised platform's extravagant decoration only matched by its size. On top of it, the total center of attention, with spotlights providing illumination dwarfing the Chandelure's soft light, was a man with a massive red and white afro dancing wildly, standing behind a purple plumed bird and flanked by two Ludicolo. The ghosts descended according to their combined dance. Ghouls would rise in response to their groove and spirits sauntered in to their swingin'.

"Stop the music," he called as the trainers entered the room, stopping his feverish dancing, shocking his ghostly audience and the Rotoms screeched the music to a halt.

"What?" the girl called from the stand, the butler suddenly by her side, despite the trainers not seeing him move. "Why are you stopping?" he called to which the afro'd man held up a hand asking for patience.

With all eyes on him, he pointed towards the group of trainers at the door with his other hand. "Ladies and gentleghosts, I present to you all tonight's main event!" he called and a spotlight lit up the group of trainers and a staircase was rolled out before them, giving them a way up to stage.

"Welcome darlings to our grand party!" he called to the trainers below. "I hope you don't mind that we started without you, but I had to help this crowd work up their ectoplasmal perspiration. I am your host, the star of our little show, the elegant Miror B!"

IC: Ruth Fishers

Ruth could only stare in mute horror at the display before her. Did these people not know that disco was dead?

The man with the afro seemed vaguely familiar, but she couldn't quite place her finger on it. Everything here seemed so surreal. She put a hand to her head. "What's going on here?"

-==IC: Adam Zynthic==-

Adam looked at the ghosts, then at the Rotom, then at the clown. Back at the ghosts, back at the Rotom, back at the clown.

"...No."

Spinning on his heel, he strode out of the room authoritatively. The whole scenario was patently absurd, so there was no way he was going to--

--walk directly back into the same room from the other door.

"...what? Eh, never mind."

Reversing his course, Adam again left the room...

...and re-entered from the other direction. Wiggy, who hadn't even moved, chuffed in amusement. Adam glowered at the apparently insane person who seemed to have put the whole thing together.

"I stand by my original declaration of intent, but I'll acknowledge my present inability to act on it. What do you want?"

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC: Xander Cruize/Sylph

After delivering the bags to Chloe's room, the duo had showered, washing away the day's dirt and sweat, though not the lingering feelings of regret. Now, they lay in bed, with Xander's arm protectively wrapped around Sylph. The Gardevoir sighed, looking up at him.

"You need to put your arm back in its sling." She hadn't said anything earlier, because she had known he would argue about the need for his full range of motion during the mission. Now, though . . . "You won't get better if you don't rest it."

Xander sighed. "It's been like a week, and I got that Heal Pulse right after it broke. It hardly even hurts anymore." He kissed the top of her head. "I'm fine, dear, really."

She huffed, smacking his chest lightly. "You are the worst! You need to take better care of yourself, or you might not get to see Mom or Professor Sycamore again."

The trainer shook his head. "Sylph, I know my limits. I'm not gonna die anytime soon, promise."

Sylph looked away, chewing her lips. "You know, laws of dramatic irony say that that's the surest way to die quickly."

Xander snorted. "This is real life. Laws of dramatic irony and the like don't work here."

The two lapsed into comfortable silence and, eventually, drifted to sleep.

IC: Ellen Burks/Paul Burks - Cafeteria, The Alamo

Paul couldn't hide his worried look as he stared at the screen. "That's horrible . . ." he muttered. "Is there truly no way to defeat that thing? That fight is turning into a massacre, and not in our--"

"What is it, Daddy?"

Ellen had left Levi in Terry's charge to approach the cafeteria table with a curious yet solemn look. Duo floated behind her and Isabella perched on her shoulder, both equally curious about the state of the battle. Paul forced himself to smile. "It's nothing, honey. Go back to playing with Levi, we'll talk about it later."

"Stop lying to me." Ellen's words came out perhaps a bit more forceful than intended. "You can't just pretend like everything's okay because I know it's not. I know what that thing is capable of. You can't make it better by pretending it doesn't exist."

Paul looked at Kyle and Sonja for support. "It's . . . It's bad," he admitted heavily. "But we don't know the full details yet. Please, Ellen. Stop worrying over it."

IC: Arius

This can't be real. It shouldn't be like this.

But it was. Oh but it was. It was the most logical conclusion of the saying "Dead as Disco." but in the best way. Arius couldn't help but smile at how lively things were before they had the spotlight thrust upon them and invited onto the stage by the clown with the poke ball afro. He heard Ruth's demand for information, and decided to add his own thoughts to the matter. "Maybe if we know, we'll be more likely to get in the groove with you all?" He asked curiously.

-==IC: Lucia==-

Lucia had glanced over to where Jamie was once again. As she saw what ensued, however, she nearly stumbled over her own feet.

"What the--" The healer shook her head. "Right, escape, let's get going then." She wasn't quite sure what she expected Jamie to do to get out of that situation. Stopping time? That wasn't one of the things. She renewed her efforts to get Dack and Madison off the field, ignoring the frantic fighting near Goldhawk and the Samurloch for the moment.

-==IC: Yugo==-

"This is my jam." The kid smiled as he bobbed his head in time to the music even while it was stopped. He seemed rather amused at the efforts of the old geezer to escape from the place despite how cool it was. "I'll admit, I had my doubts, but this is cool."

IC: Miror B - Old Chateau

Miror B never stopped tapping his foot while watching Ruth and Adam. Well not everyone was gonna get what they were gonna do. Sad, but true. 

"Y'see we're all quite tired of people telling us that everything we stand for, everything we care about is dead," Miror B said with such an air that it was clear that he was about to launch into a giant monologue. The clearness with which he spoke seemingly indicating rehearsing on Miror B's part.

He turned around and took a melodramatic wistful tone, "You may have heard of some shenanigans happening in the Orre region. Cipher, Snagem. Whatever you want to call them tried throwing a reunion bash some few months back. Now I attended that shindig, but what did I find when I showed up? A bunch of aging fools just wanting to put on the exact same show. Those types who don't try to grow, now -they- are the truly dead ones," he added, spitting out the final phrase.

"Well after that went nowhere I wandered for a time. A certain bespectacled child stole what Shadow Pokemon I had left and buried any dreams of bringing back that song," he span a full 540 degrees to face the trainers again.

"Then I went to Alola to try and recharge my batteries and I met a certain Pokemon." Miror B snapped summoning a spotlight on the purple plumed bird which paused its dance for just a moment. "Now imagine my surprise when I learned what my new friend Oricorio here could do. Call spirits back to our world with a dance? My heart fluttered at the sight. And I knew who would appreciate our talent," he said spinning around to point at his ghostly crowd who cheered as his fingers gestured towards them.

"So I looked around, searching for the most haunted locale I could find when I came here. And like that I met our lovely mistress. Say hi mistress Gracie Olde!"

The pale ghost girl perked up and waved down to the adoring audience below. Miror B let her savor the moment and waited for the audience to calm down once again.

"Well we hit it off delightfully. I summon the ghosts and she provides guidance. After tonight we're gonna take this show on the road. Show the world that it can't just leave us behind. All for the sake of Team Miror!"

"Ahem," a soft clearing of the throat came from the box up above as the girl watching below gave a disapproving shake of her head.

"Er... I meant, Team Gracie," he said with a sweat that clearly showed that he meant to leave that last line in his rehearsals.

"But, first we needed to celebrate our plan. I suggested a dance contest, but we couldn't find enough worthy competitors. Then you all dropped into our laps and I thought 'why not have a large Pokemon battle display?' Mistress decided that was a brilliant idea and so here you are! Any questions?"

-==IC: Yugo==-

"I have one, when does the music start back up?" Yugo called out, as he still tapped his foot to the rhythm of the already-ended song. He was cautiously curious about what was mentioned, but... surely the guy was joking, right? After all, he seemed too nice to be planning anything bad.

Now, see, if he'd just spoken and used words back at the start, he might have secured a our cooperation considerably quicker. With the immediacy of their danger diminished, it seemed that Adam had regained at least some of his tact, as he wisely chose not to voice his sentiment.

A glint appeared in Adam's eye at the man's mention of... "Shadow Pokémon? I've never heard--" He shook his head. "Irrelevant, apologies." He considered the contenders with furrowed brow. "You said you're from Orre? I've heard the entire region is obsessed with Double Battles, may I take it then that as a native, your tournament will be handled similarly? And what prize, exactly, is there to be won?"

Edited by Flipz

"You're kidding me, right?" Ruth sighed, shaking her head. "Look, we have places to be, we don't really have time for a big tournament. Besides, we sort of outclass any other challengers you might have. Most of us already have a badge."

She frowned, looking to Adam. "Wait, you've heard of this place? Where is it?"

"It's--" He stopped. "I'm actually not quite sure. More I've been mistaken for a native of Orre given my--" Adam stopped again, re-noticing the clownish garb he and the others had been forced to wear. "...well," he managed to get out through clenched teeth, "I suppose no one will be making that sort of assumption of me anymore." The ex-Ranger crossed his arms and tried to ignore the headache throbbing in his temple.

Around considered what the clown had to say. After outrunning that cult in Alamos, it'd be lovely to let off some steam. Especially in front of an audience. Arius sent out Hexcalibur, who seemed quite at home here, struck a dueling stance. "C'mon Ruth, let's have a little fun!" He said encouragingly, before facing Miror B. "Who am I to turn down a challenge?"

"Ugh, alright." She looked to her own Aegislash. "Caliburn, you up for some action?" The sword Pokemon bobbed in agreement, and Ruth unclipped another ball from her belt. "Alright, so if it's double battles then come out, Fuerte!" The Hawlucha appeared and struck a pose, arms spread wide. Ruth turned to the man with the afro. "What'd you say your name is?"

IC: Jayron Aaron - Kotahi Village, Beach

There was a flash of light as Jayron pushed his Dramalgon back at the same time that Amanda teleported away, sending the Dragon Pulse attack careening into both instances. The dragons lay stunned for the moment, and Jayron intended to be far away when they came to their senses. After checking that Amanda had not reappeared in the immediate vicinity, the executive turned to flee.

He almost ran straight into the Bug Suit user who had evidently been coming to his aid. "Skye. What's the situation on the retreat?" He glanced over his shoulder and saw a number of suits still grappling with the army of Instances. "How close are we to getting everyone out?"

IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow - Kotahi Village, Streets

"The others should be right behind us." Madison continued to assure Lucia as they made their way through the abandoned streets. The healer hadn't looked back since they'd begun moving, but she still seemed worried.

"It sounded like things were getting pretty bad out there," Dack muttered. "Executive Aaron didn't give too many details, but it sounds like Madison and I weren't the only ones in trouble. Any idea what happened?"

IC: Amelia Zann/Alex Zyther (Night of August 6th, Kalos Time)

"Alex...are you a boy or a girl?"

Such a simple question. Pity it came fraught with so much else.

"...That's...Amy, I know you can tell that's not fair to ask."

Amelia kept the growl low in her throat, the sound of her anger suppressed so as to hopefully not wake Belle or her unusual companion, but the tone of it saturated her voice nonetheless. "Are. You. A boy. Or a girl."

Something hardened within Alex. "Why."

Amelia hissed. Her heart pulsed within her chest, the thrum of her anger beating against the inside of her chest like a caged animal, but she forced herself to remain calm. "Not your problem."

"Then ditto."

She glared at the boy. "I'm serious. You wouldn't get it, and you wouldn't like having to know."

The Kalosian's eyes narrowed. "Try me."

Amelia let her breath hiss out between her teeth. "Fine. But you asked for it, and don't you dare say I didn't warn you."

She told him.

He didn't like it.

-----

"That's...horrible," he offered in dismay. It was the first time he'd seen Amy so open, so unabashedly honest, neither harshness nor sarcasm as the shield at her side. But the sight of the woman, normally so guarded but now so vulnerable, so exposed, prompted him to raise his own barriers. "But what does that have to do with me and my gender?"

Amelia turned back to Alex, a piercing stare penetrating his very being. "Of all the people I've met in the world, and I've met plenty, they all share a few key traits. Everyone wants what they want. And everyone's got their point where they're willin' to step beyond their morals to get it. Like Kelley. Like Spencer. Like her. They taught me that lesson, and ever since I've worked hard to be able to figure people out. An' I've figured 'em all. Every last one."

And suddenly it clicked. "...except me."

Amelia nodded. "'cept you. Men're easy to read, you run 'em up the pyramid o' needs an' pretty quick they usu'lly slot inta place--pun intended. 'S a bit trickier with women, but we got our tells too. Once a blue moon ya get a keeper like Belle, that rare gal or fella with a bit o' depth to 'em, but even then past the first couple'a chapters you can figger out how the story's gonna end. But you. Flat as a window an' just as transparent, but then ya go an' pull a big-*** buncha insight outta nowhere. Yer anxious an' independent an' fulla drive, yet ya agree to follow my demand an' hang with me without a lick'a hesitation. Ya got'cher giant fragile heart bleedin' over ev'rythin', and yet ya stand up t'me without a fear in th' world. An' o' course, ya ain't a boy nor a girl, which I ain't even heard of let alone bein' able t' wrap my head around. Yer a big ol' bundle'a contradictions, an' I don't like it, an' that's before I get a creepin' shudder of apprehension crawlin' out my gut ev'ry time I look at'cha. So you're gonna tell me exactly what kinda con you're tryin' t'pull, so I can stop watchin' my back and get back to watchin' Belle's."

Alex let out a long, slow sigh. "Not a con. I'm not really...I'm the wrong Zyther to suspect about being sneaky. That's Dad's thing...sometimes Mom's. Meanwhile, I can't even lie to save my life...or at least, a fancy dinner party with one of Dad's clients." The Kalosian Trainer shrugged. "My heart's on my sleeve, no matter what I try. If you're getting confused trying to read it, it's probably just 'cause I'm...confused myself. I don't know if I'm a boy or a girl, that's the thing. I barely have four years of memories...less than that when you count in all my time in comas, medically-induced or otherwise. I've hardly even had a life yet to get to know myself, that's part of why I was so eager to start my Journey despite my...conditions."

Amelia glanced to the crutches. "Was wondering 'bout that, actually. Ya seem pretty sprightly fer needin' 'em all the time."

Alex shrugged. "It's complicated, like everything else about me I guess. I've got a whole bunch of problems, one of the big ones being my blood cells being shaped wrong and not carrying oxygen right. It also clots wrong, so it ends up jamming important blood vessels instead of stopping my bleeding at the wound. It's stopped my heart a couple of times, though my heart didn't exactly need the help to do that. That's why I've got Didi, actually, she's trained to shock my heart back when it gives out. Then there's the headaches, and the muscle spasms, and the legs suddenly giving out for no reason..."

Amelia stared at Alex askance. "Sheesh, kid, you make it sound like we shoulda been diggin' ya a grave already, how're you still alive?"

The rookie Trainer laughed bitterly. "It's funny, the doctors keep asking themselves that...eight times, I think, last I counted?" Alex paused. "Nine counting last week. Hmm. I've never been carted to the morgue, though, that's a first."

Amelia winced. "Yeah, same here, but better'n a coffin. That was...almost a really nasty way to go."

This time was Alex's turn to stare. "You really do live on the edge, don't you?"

The spy scowled in return. "The Fringe. And yes. But it's a life. 'Least in my world I know people're gonna try an' stab me, an' when they do they live up to it. With rich folk there ain't no way of tellin' friend from foe, an' even after someone makes their move it's all games and maneuvering and maintaining the alliance. Not that I ain't done it, mind, I just don't like it."

"That's fair."

"Maybe." Amy paused, watching as the breeze blew the grass in star-kissed waves. "But my question wasn't. I'm sorry."

Alex's head jerked over to Amy in surprise, but after some time, the feeling faded. He didn't answer, but nodded, not necessarily accepting, but at least acknowledging.

It was a generous response, and Amy knew it. "G'night, kid," Amelia said, getting up to head to her own sleeping bag.

"Good night, Amelia."

Amelia paused. "...Amy."

"Okay," Alex nodded. "Good night."

IC: Belle LaDonna/Alma Mason

They were laying in their respective sleeping bags when Amelia and Alex started talking. Alma sat up, casting a soft scowl at the wall of their tent where the voices were coming from. "How rude," she muttered to Belle. "We're trying to sleep."

"Ah, let 'em talk. They're bein' quiet enough."

But they weren't. The voices continued, and Alma continued to frown. "It's getting personal. We should--"

"Ssh." Belle put a finger to her lips. "I wanna hear this."

Together, they listened as Amelia told Alex everything. They didn't like what they heard.

-----

Belle was shaking by the time Amelia's story was done. Tears poured from pink eyes and dripped into her lap. Her fists were clenched tightly, nails attempting to draw blood from her palms.

So that was where Amelia's last name came from. Somehow, Belle had never wondered before tonight.

Alma silently scooted over and rested her head on Belle's shoulder. "She never told you?" the girl asked.

Belle shook her head. "She promised me she wouldn't ask about mine if I didn't ask about hers." And now she could see why. Neither had led a happy life before meeting, but Amelia's was a whole different level of bad. Belle gently shook Alma away. "I need some air." She stood and slipped out of the tent, still in just her shorts and tank top.

She cast a glance at Amelia's tent, feeling that familiar sense of longing, that desire to go keep the older woman company.

Belle turned and walked away.

A laugh came up from the crowd, the assumptions these kids had made were quite different from what Miror B. had already told them.

"Oh no you won't be facing each other or any other combination of unseen combatants. No limits on how many Pokemon you may collectively use, to be absolutely fair" he said, the light in his sunglasses sparkling.

The lights completely and suddenly died before multicolored spotlights appeared, focusing all attention on the clown.

"You'll be facing me! The one, the only, Miror B!" a shower of fire works erupted, spooking some of the ghosts from surprise. The light in the room returned to normal after that.

"As for a reward..." Miror B scanned the room for a minute, one arm stretched out and his other hand holding his chin. "You three!" he suddenly called his arm pointing towards the possessed speakers. "Win this challenge and receive three fabulous Rotom as your prize!"

"Is that fair mistress?" Miror B called to the girl above who responded with a nod. The three Rotom looked between each other, surprised to be suddenly up for sale.

"Then without further adieu! The main event of the Disco and Souls of the Dead Revival Tour commencement party can get underway!" 

The Oricorio shivered and spun in anticipation causing a portal to open in the ceiling with a new stream of souls of the dead poured out of the new hole in response. The Ludicolo backed up and stood guard on either side of the dancing bird. The Chandelure spinning from the ceiling descended to place itself in front of Miror B while the disco devil threw out a Poke Ball. From the ball came a Lilligant.

"Let the music play!"

Ruth was taken aback by the choice of music. It sounded familiar, but still old as heck. Despite that, she couldn't help but tap a toe to the beat.

Because it's thriller! Thriller night . . .

She nodded, deciding that she could jam to this.

"Okay, I guess I'll start? Fuerte, Flying Press! Caliburn, Aerial Ace!" She cast her arm forward. The Hawlucha leaped into the air, doing a quick somersault to try and body slam the Lilligant Caliburn flew forward, the tip of its blade pointed at the same opponent.

Edited by MELON LORD

"Well then, far be it from me to pass up an obvious advantage..." Pulling the other two balls from his belt, he tossed them up in the air to release their occupants, a dye-stained Chimchar and an oddly clean-looking Piplup.

"Pi-pi?"

"Arrrr...!"

"Earth Power, Bubble, Fire Punch," he succinctly ordered his three Pokémon in turn, indicating the Chandelure for the first two and the Lilligant for the last.

Somewhat unconsciously, Adam began bobbing his head to the beat, though he frowned as he realized he was doing so. "...hmm? No 'heads will roll' bit? Tch. That version was far superior," he complained, heedless of the disgust he'd garnered from at least Pippi.

Edited by Flipz

-==IC: Yugo Doseki - Three Turns Remain==-

The boy bit his lip as he bobbed his head to the tune. He was torn - on one hand, the music was awesome. On the other, a bunch of ghosts sounding to try to take over the world sounded like something he very much should stop. With much reluctance, Yugo quickly grabbed the Pokeballs for his team and sent them out one after another.

His Charmander appeared from the capsule and gave a brief "Cha!" before glancing around the room. Spitfire incredulously looked around at the situation, and then turned to Yugo with a "Are you serious?" expression. With a sigh, it enveloped itself in a bright glow, before evolving to a Charmeleon with a rather annoyed look on its face. With a roar, it stared down the Lilligant.

"Now, use whatever you can!" The Charmeleon spun a Dragon Dance to the tune before very quickly launching a Flamethrower at the grass type as it approached. Sandslash, on the other hand, quickly aimed a Rollout at the Chandelure, despite it eying the dancing Oricorio shielded by the Ludicolo. Yugo's Joltik was daring, on the other hand, and quickly leaped right toward the Ludicolo, bravely using Bug Bite to attack it.

Airazor, on the other hand, caught sight of the ghosts and uneasily began to scan through with her keen eyes.

"Airazor, what are you doing? Aren't you going to fight?" Yugo called out, but the bird squawked in response, seeming agitated about something. With a look that did not seem entirely normal for the bird, she instead attempted to use Wing Attack on Spitfire, which prompted the Charmeleon to dodge out of the way in incredulity.

OOC:

Charmander > Charmeleon

Move upgrades:

Flame Thrower (Blaze Only) > Flamethrower, Scratch > Slash

-==IC==-

The steps echoed throughout. Why? That was the one word that rang true through all of this. 'Why'?

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan grit his teeth as his Tyranitar was pushed back onto the defensive. He watched as a Stone Edge was raised to try and block the chains, but it only bought enough time for the Rock-type to leap centimeters away from the chains. There had to be another way around this. . .

Suddenly, it hit him. Behind his mask, the Dark Suit user grinned as he called up the chain-attack functionality.

"Hey, good looking, why the frown? Try this instead." Ryan tried his best to Flatter his Sinister opponent, all the while working on turning things Topsy-Turvy around the Samurloch.

OOC:

Tyranitar: Stone Edge > Chains

Ryan Hikari: Flatter > Samurloch, Topsy-Turvy > Samurloch

-==IC: Ray==-

On one hand, the chains could be a problem. On the other, here was a clear path and the Samurloch seemed thoroughly distracted. Ray took the opportunity and very quickly activated the maneuver gear function to zip across the rocks that Sleight had set up. He focused entirely on the mission to get over to Goldhawk as he shifted positions to move closer and closer with every rock.

Once he got to the fallen leader, he kept a direct eye on Samurloch while he tried to lift Goldhawk. He knew that moving him was risky, but at this point, there was absolutely no other option. Once he got a good grip on the Liberty Leader, he quickly signaled for Esen.

"Got him, let's go, let's go!"

Before doing anything else after she left, Chloe took a moment to change back into her casual outfit so her new clothes could be washed. She wasn't entirely certain what to do at that moment as she carried the rest of the bags around, but decided to check back in with the people in the Cafeteria. The psychic seemed a bit surprised that they were still there, but gave a small smile.

"Heya."

At Miror B.'s declaration, Arius and Hexcalibur struck dueling stances, clearly feeling the beat of the upcoming battle. Of the two targets, the Chandelure was definitely the greatest danger to the ghostly sword. The trainer thought of his next move, as Ruth, Adam, and Yugo gave out theirs. The boy's eyes glinted as he came to a stellar conclusion. "Hexcalibur, Shadow Sneak!" At his trainer's commander, the sword melted into the shadows, and when it drew close enough to his target, he sliced out at the wispy chandelier.

IC: James and Lancelot - One Island

Lancelot waited for the opportune moment to strike the chain as it rebounded away from the Tyranitar. With a precise strike, Lancelot launched the chain back at Samurloch and chased after it, intending to hit the samurai with a Lunge if he tried to dodge the chain.

While Lancelot was racing after the samurai, James crept up beside the dark suit user. His comms were damaged and he needed Ryan to be able to hear him without letting Samurloch in on it.

"Listen. I have a plan that might force him to retreat, but it will be a desperate gamble. If you are willing to try it, distract him along with Lancelot. Leave your Tyranitar ready to attack."

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron/Levi Alaric - Cafeteria, The Alamo:

Ah, shoot . . .

Kyle wasn't sure when he was going to learn his lesson. In all honesty, he should have shut down his computer ages ago. But the battle on One Island was like a highway accident: Morbid curiosity, perhaps a sense of helplessness, prevented one from simply turning their eyes away, no matter what horrific sights they might see. And so it was that the video feed provided them a first-hand look into the--for lack of a better term--massacre that had become the One Island outing. Once he figured out what to tell Ellen, he would need to figure out how to apologize to Paul for putting him into such an awkward position.

Luckily for them both, Sonja stood up.

"Those Pokémon have their powers back."

"What?"

They were still on Esen's P.O.V., and her current position gave them an unimpeded view of the field. Indeed, though it was hard to tell, there was no mistaking that what appeared to be a Tyranitar, a Magnezone, and a Scizor were fighting with the tell-tale signs of moves, matching the same flashiness as the attacks sent flying by Pokémon in the past. But there was something strange at work--their physical forms had shifted into something new, yet familiar.

"How is that possible?" Kyle muttered aloud. "We're sure those aren't just  . . . more of those things?"

They weren't. They were attacking the very creatures of which he spoke--the thing that had wounded Goldhawk.

They were Pokémon.

The next thing he knew, Torith's face was in front of him, paws on the back of the laptop and standing atop of it. The abruptness of his arrival, and the sudden closure of the device, made Kyle yelp in surprise and almost made him fall out of his seat. The Dark Pokémon yipped at him.

"I think that's dog for, 'Enough internet,'" Sonja said. She reached over, pulling the computer out from under the Houndour's paws and away from Kyle. "And I couldn't agree more."

"Hey--give it back!" Kyle said. "They were just starting to get things under control!"

"Is spying on them helping?" Sonja responded. "From what I can tell, it's just raising all of our blood pressure." From his silence, she could tell Kyle didn't have a good response. She slid the laptop back to him. "You can go back to your room and keep watching if you want, but this isn't the place for it anymore. All it's doing at this point is making everyone worried." Sonja tapped her fingers on the table, studying his face. "I know you're worried about Ray and Esen. But you need to trust that they'll come back. And when they do, they'll be able to tell us more about what's going on than we can guess from observations. Right?"

If Ellen was not standing right there, and if Levi were not a mere ten feet away, Kyle would have pointed out that at least two members of the combat party were not coming back--and more might have fallen between the time the screen went black and when they all returned to Four Island. But he could not. Instead, he merely took a deep breath and nodded, grabbing his computer and slipping it back into his bag. "Yeah," he said. "You're right."

"Hey."

The group turned. Chloe had come back. Had they already scouted out Keturi?

"Hey," Sonja replied. "How'd it go?"

IC - Ethan Worth - Keturi City, Airport Café:

Four Island wasn't what Ethan was used to. But that was okay, because, really, what was he used to? Traveling, that was what. And what difference did it make if it was him traveling or someone else?

That was why he had gone to the airport. Usually, one would not do such a thing unless they themselves were flying, and he was not doing that. But he didn't like the idea of hanging around at the Alamo with such a big mission in progress--too stressful. And hanging out with Gavin at the moment . . . Well, that would be contrary to Gavin's wishes. And probably Ethan's well-being. And he certainly did not know anyone else enough to really hang out with them, nor did he know where anyone else was really hanging out to begin with, anyway . . .

Truth be told, Ethan was lonely. And airports were good for distracting one from loneliness, given that there were always people around.

He took a sip of his tea.

Someone bumped into him and he promptly spilled his tea down his jacket. His teacup clattered to the ground.

"Ack!" Ethan coughed. "Hey, no prob--"

"Gonna be late, gonna be late, late, late!"

The man did not even stop to apologize.

". . . problem." Ethan shook his head, wiping off his jacket. With a sigh, he scooted off his seat and bent down to pick up his cup. Something caught his eye. Ethan wasn't sure how to describe it. It looked like a data field that had been condensed into a sphere, with four yellow fins around its edges. He picked it up, standing on his tip-toes. The man wasn't terribly far away. He pushed past the other patrons. "Hey--sir, you dropped your--"

The man vanished into the crowd.

". . . ball." Ethan sighed. "Welp . . . Guess I'll have to track him down later." He flipped the ball around in his hands. Perhaps it was his imagination, but it felt as if an immense power radiated from the orb . . .

Ethan shrugged and pocketed the ball. He reclaimed his seat, nodding to the barista. "Another tea, please. Make it minty."

IC - All Squads - Goldhawk/Sleight/Jackson Sang/Esen Windred/Skye Hall vs. A LOT OF INSTANCES/Samurloch - Kotahi Village, Beach:

There was a lot going on. Too much. Too much happening. Too much going on. This wasn't her place. She shouldn't have volunteered. No; if not her, then who else? What would anyone have thought of her if she didn't try to fix what had gone wrong? What would Jamie think? What would Lucia think? Ethan? What about Gavin? He'd lost his arm and she was here and she was doing nothing and nothing had been fixed and she just wanted to go back home--

"Skye. What's the situation on the retreat? How close are we to getting everyone out?"

The Bug-Suit Operator--the Fifth Child--the Team Rocket Agent--the former Team Zephyr agent--the girl gasped.

Executive Jayron Aaron had to repeat himself.

It took a moment. "I--they're getting Goldhawk," she said at last. "That's all . . . Then they're going . . ."

That was the plan. The plan was to get Goldhawk and go.

Did plans ever go as promised?

A crackle on the comm. "Got him, let's go, let's go!" Ray shouted.

"On my way!" Esen gripped her Honchkrow's feathers tightly. "Come on, Krow!"

If ever a moment had arisen where she needed swift and unquestionable certainty, this was it. She directed him down, straight toward the ground. The Big Boss Pokémon did not even flinch as they fell toward the earth, quickly gaining momentum. At the last moment, he shifted his wings, flying between the edged rocks that Sleight had summoned, following their guiding path toward Ray. The Dark-Flying-Type Pokémon dragged his claws through the sand as they neared, sending a cover of sand into the air. Esen released Noivern behind them, calling the wyvern to join their flight.

They slowed upon reaching Ray, allowing Esen to slide off of Krow's back. Without missing a beat, she moved to help him place Goldhawk atop Krow, and then gave Ray a lift onto the Big Boss Pokémon. "Don't wait for me!" Esen ordered. "Go straight to the helicopters and do not turn back!" She cut the air with her hands, summoning a Tailwind around them. "Go!" With that single command, Krow took off flying, carrying his passengers with him.

Esen spared no time watching their departure. She moved to the rock wall, peering through a crack between the stones. Executive Arthur, Ryan Hikari, Amanda Zarth, and Sleight remained on one side, continuing to push the samurai off-balance. Moving to the other, she saw Zarth's Magnezone and Jackson Sang, still engaged in combat. She only had one more Pokémon that could carry a person, and as far as she could tell, that person would need to be Sleight--they could not afford to lose another of their top leaders.

"Sang, I'm grabbing Sleight and getting out of here," she said. "I'm relaying the message to the other Suits that we need to retreat--now. You two need to get out together."

She climbed on her Noivern's back, signaling for him to fly.

"Getting on that," Sang replied. He waved to the maybe-Magnezone. "Hey--time's up! Let's get going!"

He turned back to the ocean. The Instances had more or less begun to pour out of Missing Zero's hide, probably a result of the massacre that he and Maybezone were inflicting on its forces. As much fun as this was, however, it was time to get going, and no amount of enjoyment would change that fact. He backed away, turning to run--and found himself knocked off of his feet as a bundle of Instances erupted from the ground beneath him.

Ground-Types, fittingly. They appeared to have burrowed beneath him while he was distracted.

More forces were coming, too.

"Great . . ."

He couldn't fend them all off. Sang knew this. But he couldn't run with so many so, so close by, either. He threw a punch, knocking one back, stepped aside to dodge a claw swipe, spun around to knock one into the fissure he had opened. A horned head rammed into his back, piercing metal and drawing blood. Sang groaned in pain, drop-kicking the creature.

There were too many. Far too many.

He moved back.

The world was spinning.

Why were there so many?

A flash of light blinded his assailants. It blinded him, too. Something green stood in front of him, and it took him a moment to realize that Walker had forced his way out of his Poké Ball. The Grovyle couldn't fight--he didn't have his powers back--but he had seen the trouble Sang was in and had emerged to help as best as he could. It didn't take much--he leaped from Chimerape to Chimerape to other Instances that Sang didn't care to recall their names at that moment, a green blur that glowed a soft light and grew larger with each step, a distraction at work for a friend.

Sang moved back, squinting against the light.

The Grovyle-now-Sceptile danced against the red chaos behind him, a greenish-black silhouette that spun and twirled and slashed and snapped with nothing but the blades and claws adorning his body. There was no power behind it, no true fight in the sense of the world they inhabited, but it was enough of a threat that he managed to clear the space around Sang, managed to knock his trainer onto his back and carry him back toward Maybezone, away from the fight.

Sang wasn't sure why his head was spinning--perhaps it had to do with the blood running into his eyes--but he was certainly glad that he wasn't alone.

Hopefully Maybezone was following him, like those Instances were . . .

If nothing else, these people--these Pokémon--were making Wrath mad. The samurai growled with each miss, with deflection, gripping the handle of his blade tighter and tighter, movements becoming more stilted with each passing moment. He did not need to dodge the rebounded Anchor Shot, instead merely drawing the blade back together and raising it to block Lancelot's Lunge attack. The two warriors locked blades, crossed weapons providing a window through which Wrath could glare.

The samurai's mouth opened wide, and a plume of fire erupted from within.

The world twisted and distorted in his eyes as the Flattery mixed with its accompanying Topsy-Turvy, lowering his Special Attack and inflicting a noticeable confusion upon him. Something else occurred, as well: A sudden grogginess that overcame his muscles. Wrath shook his head, fighting the sensations of Hypnosis, and averted his eyes to look across the field. A Noivern had descended toward Sleight, picking him up. But that was not the source of the sleep-inducing attack. No; it must have been the woman in the other Suit, focused on him, focused . . .

A ball hurtled toward him.

Wrath pushed away from Lance, spinning and swinging at the orb. The attack missed, and the ball struck . . .

. . . and did nothing.

If Ray's Flattery had not confused him by itself, then Amanda's capture attempt certainly would have succeeded. It left Wrath staring, dumbfounded, at the trainer, currently incapable of mentally processing what had just occurred.

OOC:

254.png

Species: Sceptile.

Nickname: Walker.

Trainer: Jackson Sang.

Appearance: No differences from other Sceptile.

Personality: A quiet individual who, for the longest time, has focused almost solely on spy work, Walker is an extremely loyal member of Jackson's team. Generally acting as a lookout and using his Grasswhistle attack to signal Jackson to changes to the surrounding situation. Aside from that, there isn't much to say--Walker tends to be pretty stoic, always watching and always observing those around him . . .

Ability: Overgrow.

Specialty: Though not the strongest or most skilled fighter around, Walker's life of working as a spy has granted him an eye for detecting weak points. This allows him to score critical hits far more easily than normal, granting him an edge in combat.

Known Moves: Detect, Agility, Grasswhistle (Egg Move,) Drain Punch (MT'd,) Leaf Blade, Extreme Speed.

Mega Drain > Leaf Blade

Quick Attack > Extreme Speed

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

The girl seemed to have been caught by surprise by the question, but then giggled awkwardly.

"Oh, the mission? It went kinda well. . . we found out where they were hiding with some help and then freed the Pokemon. There were some hiccups, but we also found out some stuff from the people we were able to talk to." Chloe gave a smile of reassurance, but it definitely seemed like there were some things she wasn't mentioning. She motioned with her eyes to the children present, as if to suggest that they shouldn't hear whatever else she wanted to say.

The afro'd man danced like a man twenty five years his junior. His spinning and jumping keeping his crowd riled up. The comment from Adam on the other hand caused Miror B to seamlessly transition into an angry stomp before returning. 

"Shows what children like you know. Try this on for size! "

The Chandelure flared its flames towards its own body. The light reflected off its surface, creating a giant Flash, consuming the battlefield with light. The all consuming light disoriented all Pokemon on the field, save for the Lilligant who knew the attack was coming and closed her eyes as she began to shake and quiver. The Quiver Dance increased in speed as it continued, with the tempo reaching its maximum as the flash died. The disorienting flash made most of the physical hits miss, with the sole exception being the Aerial Ace striking the Lilligant, who responded by spreading a sea of Sleep Powder over the field.

And the other exception being the Joltik.

"Hey, Ludicolo hasn't taken center stage yet! Leave him alone," Miror B warned as the Ludicolo tried to knock off the Joltik.

The only other hit to have succeeded was the Bubble of all attacks, causing the Chandelure's movements to slow. In response to that, the Chandelure mixed a smog into the powder that its partner released.

-==IC: Yugo Doseki - Two Turns Remain==-

The scene unfolding troubled Yugo. He had no clue what was honestly going on, as his Charmeleon and Pidgey continue to duel. Airazor had never acted this way - so why was this happening now of all times? The Joltik, to her credit, was hanging on for dear life. Despite that, she let out a squeal of delight before aiming to chomp away at the Ludicolo once more.

"Spitfire, focus on the Lilligant! I know this is a weird situation, but you have to keep focus!" The Charmeleon heard its Trainer's pleas and let out a sound of recognition, but had no room for error as the Pidgey continuously divebombed its companion.

Sandslash, on the other hand, simply used Hone Claws, waiting out the best situation to attack.

As the attacks missed, Ruth cursed. Fuerte coughed as he landed hard among the smog. "Fuerte, use Aerial Ace on that Lilligant! Caliburn, Shadow Sneak that Chandelure!" Fuerte spread his wings and rushed at the Lilligant. Caliburn vanished into its own shadow, only to appear, point first, beneath the Chandelure.