Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

OOC: Thanks, Konuju. ^_^

Yeaaah, I assumed Ryan had left already, tbh. Now I'm entirely unsure of what to say or think, so... yeah. XD Probably not the best note on which to leave the story. :P

IC - Kyle Eston - The Alamo: Kyle was... very confused, to say the least. Jenny's words made it sound as if Ray was mad at her or something, but her smile suggested... something else. It didn't take much thought to figure out at least the general gist of what was going on--mainly the fact that it was probably Sonja-related, given the various, unsubtle hints suggesting some degree of infatuation on either end--but after careful consideration, Kyle decided he really did not want to know, and so opted not to ask for further details.

Kovian, for his part, did not seem to really care, offering only a questioning look that he directed at Jenny. Kyle called him back into his Poké Ball, much to the Dewott's surprise.

"Okay," he said at length. "Um.... Yeah. Okay. Well, you're welcome to come with me, then. The more the merrier, right?" Kyle smiled, turning on his heel and beginning to walk again, Jenny following close behind. The awkward atmosphere seemed to have accompanied Jenny. Whether it was because Kyle did not want to think about a SonjaxRay Ship for the dozens of reasons floating around in his head, or because he had (now that he thought about it) never really talked to Jenny all that much (following a certain point, anyway,) he was not sure.

Then again, he had caught her when she fell off of Skyarrow Bridge, hadn't he? It was kind of like that one movie, about the guy with the fear of heights (Fear of loss, in this case) who had rescued a seemingly entranced woman who had jumped into the bay (Jenny, then known as Summer) and who had turned out to be involved in an elaborate ruse invented as a means through which a man could kill off his wife (Gerald Hikari's brainwashing, or what have you.)

... Except, that movie had been weird (Like life,) the protagonist had gone more or less crazy (That happened to me, too, at one point,) to the point of obsessing over the false woman he had fallen in love with (Fact: I do not have such feelings for Jenny, nor have I ever obsessed over--... Gecynde does not count, does she?) and the woman had died by the end of it, after fulfilling her part in said ruse (Jenny had not.)

Hm... Kyle rubbed his chin, staring at the floor. What ever happened to her? He paused mid-stride, looking around. Maybe I should check the database while I'm here?

IC - Sonja Baron - The Alamo: They had walked surprisingly far in such a short amount of time. Sonja's face was still a deep scarlet, though her expression had changed from one of clear embarrassment to... well, troubled was the simplest way of putting it. Hands still in her pockets, she stopped right on the line where the hall to the forms started, turning to look at Ray.

"Okay, Ray, be honest," she said, forcing herself to not avert her eyes from his face as she pulled her hood down. "Why did you want to come here with me? Pretty sure dorms aren't that interesting..." She had a number of guesses, but for the purposes of avoiding letting the situation transform into the all-too-familiar scenario of a bad fanfic, Sonja preferred to get a straight answer--to put her mind at ease, if nothing else. And, besides, it could just be that Ray just needed to ask her something--not necessarily romance-related, right?

Right?

... Right!?

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Fun fact; if you want to really go that far, then wasn't it Gerald's interference that caused Zach and Ryan's house to be destroyed, presumably with their family in(Except for Gerald, as we know now)? So in a way, that kinda was his plan, just not his master plan. xP

Also, you should be glad that Jenny isn't more chaotic, or she would so have explained the situation further, just to gauge Kyle's reactions. =P Actually, you should be glad in general that I don't have a character that would do that; would make for... interesting results. And probably another breakdown. >>'

-==IC: Jenny==-

"So, what's the deal with that Power Armour, anyway?" Jenny asked, noting that Kyle appeared to be troubled, and figured clearing his mind would prevent him from doing something rash; she knew people tended to get like that when troubled, after all; a certain black haired man was proof of that.

-==IC: Ray==-

"Before I say anything, lemme just say it was never my intention to get you embarrassed, and I do apologize for that." Ray said, scratching the back of his head with an apologetic look on his face. Ray, however, then sighed, as he frowned slightly. "If you want me to be honest; I will be. I wanted to spend time with you; though I didn't exactly mean to really examine your room in detail or anything, just how it was set up and such, and, well, that obviously didn't really get conveyed correctly, though the tour was meant and yeah." Ray said, his face turning red slightly again, as he closed his eyes, with a small smile.

"If you want me to go somewhere else, though, just say the word. I did get us into this situation, after all, by just not paying much attention to who had left and who had stayed, and am willing to take all the blame for you being embarrassed." Ray said, still keeping his eyes closed, as he inwardly wished that he could just redo what had happened, as it probably had just caused everyone to hate him for one reason or another, but knew that was impossible; and just had to hope that there could be another, better, conclusion. That said, he mentally prepared for the worst, just in case; though it was kinda obvious why he had so much trouble with realizing the right time to say something and the time to just stay quiet; because he had been in basically a military environment for the last few years. So how would he know that? It was just like his tendency to do things on his own, a habit that wouldn't break any time soon.

If I hadn't gone off on my own back then, I might have stood a chance against that Aggron, and been able to do more than I did there... And maybe this situation wouldn't've happened. Or if I had've been stronger then...

OOC: His face isn't really reflecting his internal conflict there, for the record. =P

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Aspen and OliviaSuddenly, Aspen recieved a call on his Pokégear. He took it out to answer, and his eyes widened at who was calling. "It's Zach!""Who?" asked Olivia. "Friend of mine. He's also looking for Dahlia. Hey, what're you calling me for?" asked Aspen as he picked up the call.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach sighed, as he heard the response.

"Why, am I interrupting something? I think I found a clue; was thinking of going to check it out after I heal my Pokemon; you in?" Zach asked, looking around the alley to make sure this wasn't an ambush.

Edited by An/A Blade

"Fine by me; though we're headed to Jubilife City, so it might be faster to go there another way; though I'm not sure how." Zach said, frowning, as he just realized that that might be a problem.

Blade's never been to jubilife, after all; nor have I, or likely Black either... So what should we do about that? Zach wondered, not sure how to handle that.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Evan Tierra, Four Island

Evan had to act on his gut feeling. The feeling he got from Vert was screaming that he get out of there.

"You can cut the act now, Vert.", Evan said in a very stern voice, "You should have known this ruse of yours was never going to work. I know you seek the power of Space for your own selfish desires and it WILL only lead to tears."

With that, Evan turned around and walked away......

OOC: Was Gone To Texas. Now back on the web.

IC: The words "power of Space" really grabbed his attention from trying to make small talk with Vert.

Well here is certainly an interesting development. Are you truly trying to claim heavenly powers Vert? What should I do?

James decided to stand back a bit. He wanted to see how this would play out.

IC: Et toi? Jamie thought for a moment. The two words played around in her head as she formed a response.

"No, it could only claim the third most trying event day. Granted," she paused, "my team would disagree," the Rocket agent said looking back towards where her team stood.

One of them, Palomides, floated up near Jamie's head to look at the man she was speaking to.

"I suppose you haven't met these two yet. Ethan these two are Grummore and Palomides," she said gesturing to the Slowpoke and Ghastly. "I caught the former near Azalea and the later in Ecruteak.

OOC: Will post for the other two tomorrow hopefully.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Ryan

After several minutes Ryan arrived at the tech department. He could hear it before he saw it -- the whirr of dozens of computers and the constant chatter of keys as the Liberty techs typed furiously. It was a strangely peaceful sound, almost like the rushing of water in a small brook. Unsure of what to do, Ryan knocked softly on the door. When no one responded, he knocked louder.

The nearest tech looked up at him and walked over to the door. "Can I help you?" he asked. He was a fairly tall man in his late twenties with short black hair and thick framed glasses. Ryan glanced at his badge, which read "Petersen."

"Um, yes," Ryan nodded. He briefly recounted how Team Rocket had barged into his home and taken his parents captive under the claim that they had been aiding Team Liberty. He also mentioned the Pokedex he had found in the bag he had taken and explained how he had managed to escape and joined Team Liberty. "All that was a little over a year ago. But this past year's been so busy, I've never gotten the chance to ask. Do you know if my parents were assisting you in some way?"

"Hmm," Petersen said, rubbing his chin. "You said your name was Sanders? I'll check to see if there's anything about your parents in our database."

IC: Dack

The morning sun shone through the window as Dack awoke on the couch. He, Madison, Luke, Cassius, and Geoffrey were all at Luke's house. "Morning," Madison yawned as she walked out of one of the bedrooms. "Did you sleep well?"

Dack nodded. "Is everyone else up?" he asked. "We need to catch the first boat to the Battle Zone."

"You're always so impatient," Madison sighed with a slight smile. "We've got time. We should have breakfast before we go, anyway."

OOC: For the sake of progressing the Heatran plot, I'm assuming that Geoffrey is sticking with the group.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

• 2 months later...

OOC: Okay... Barring the fact that I am not in a good mood about the lost posts, I'm glad to see the forums back up.

A'ight. So, here's the deal, guys. I have cached versions of basically everything that was lost, so we are going to continue from what was happening last. This means that:

-James and Ross's battle suit test run... battle... has just started, with Vert observing.

-Ryan, Kyle, Jenny, Evan, etc. are still in the Tech Department discussing their next course of action; Evan has just offered everyone a Power item (Power Band, etc.)

-Ethan, Jamie, etc. are about to split up in Abyss and then regroup the next day for a mini-plot (Blade, mind starting up that group PM again so we can reconvene everything we decided for that?)

-Zac and co. have all just met up and are interacting. You guys need to repost your profiles. I have caches of the missing DT pages, as well, but they only go up to Zacax's profile.

-etc. Whatever was happening when the forums went down still applies.

Now, having said that, here is what I need you guys to do.

-If you posted a profile and that profile is now lost, repost it. Consider all edits that were requested by me or Blade to still apply. All approvals still apply, as well--just repost and begin playing.

-I need someone--anyone--to post in the Discussion Topic so that I can repost my points about Kalos and Gen. 6. That information still applies, even if it is currently not in the discussion topic.

-If anyone else wants to, then feel free to help me write up transcripts of the pages that we lost. PM me for more information and/or links to the appropriate caches. This is of utmost importance, and while I will get it done one way or another by Saturday, I would still appreciate help since we lost three and a half pages. Further, I need buffer posts--about three or four should suffice--for these transcripts to be posted in here. If the first four posts after this one could be OOC buffer posts instead of IC posts, I would appreciate it very much.

That should be everything. I'll be back later tonight to continue posting.

On a final note--I am terribly sorry for what has happened, guys. It's ridiculous and frustrating; hopefully it doesn't affect things too much.

Take it easy, everyone.

~Parugi

Edited by Ringmaster Lyxek

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Page 115

[Parugi]
OOC: But, Blade, that doesn't fit in with my Vertigo reference! :P Also, Jenny should have totally asked Kyle what he was thinking about, cuz I had a great answer in mind. XP

(It was "Ships.")

Alku--that was... unexpected.

IC - Kyle Eston - R&D Hall: Glad for this change of topic, Kyle continued walking. "What do you mean?"

IC - Executive Vert - R&D Department: Vert watched Evan walk away, surprised at the sudden outburst to the point of truly not knowing what to say. As he exited the lab, she looked at James again, shaking her head incredulously.

"I would love to know where he got that impression, considering I agreed to disagree on the topic of Palkia's abilities," she said. Taking a moment to quench her irritation, she addressed James again. "So, what brings you here, Executive Arthur?"

OOC: Hm... To pick up the Villain Ball, or not. That is the question.

(And the answer is "no.")

Anyway, all I have time for now. School is busy. X3

[blade]
OOC: Oh? =P Also, dang, I should've asked that for sure. I hate it when I realize the awesome joke potentials right after I do things. =P

"Like; you seemed to be examining it before I arrived." Jenny said, motioning to the briefcase that held the Power Armour at that moment.

OOC: (Also, not gonna lie, the suspense is really there for the other part. =P)

[Parugi]
OOC: On the joke--I know, right? :P

On the plot--I take it you're referring to Vert. And, indeed. Although I think it's essentially concluded now--there was more planned with some rather dark stuff, but unless Evan picks up the... er... "Cool Dude" Ball/Distress Ball, or Vert the Villain Ball, I don't think it's going to come to fruition as originally planned.

(Which, they shouldn't, since those tropes are nonsense. :P)

IC - Kyle Eston - R&D Hall: "I'm pretty sure it's broken," Kyle said, understanding what she was asking now. "I don't know whether it was just too hastily constructed or what, but it's basically falling apart the longer I hold on to it, and I haven't even used it or moved it since the fight with Eight." He shrugged. "It's really not of use to me, so hopefully Vert will take it back."

As he spoke, he realized he should have asked Ryan and Ray what condition their armor was in--whether the battle had done as much damage to theirs as it had done to his. At this point, though, he made a mental note to check later.

IC - Sonja Baron - Dorms: This answer seemed to steady the storm brewing in Sonja's head. Turning, she nodded, beginning to walk again. "It's fine--don't worry about it," she said. "I just don't want people to get ideas, you know?"

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Goldenrod City: "Hello!" Ethan said cheerfully to the two Pokémon, forcefully ignoring the pain in his gut at the mention of Azalea Town. The last time he had been there, the place had been destroyed and its residents essentially killed by the massive swarm of Unown that had been released by a Rocket Agent identified as Quinn Cariu (arrested since then on charges related to the various incidents brought about by the Symbol Pokémon.) He had not stepped foot in the place since then, and his unwillingness to even think about his hometown had muddled his memory somewhat as to the order of events during his last visit--whether he had helped Quincy Adams seal the Unown again and then convinced Bugsy to come out of hiding, or vice versa.

Either way, he had a more current situation to focus on.

"We were just in Ecruteak, actually, before coming here," he told Jamie. "Investigating that guy who initially caused the trouble here, actually. Speaking of..." He lowered his voice. "Did you happen to recognize who destroyed Leviathan's Poké Ball? We were planning on informing Joker of who she needs to go after. Wanna come with us?"

[blade]
OOC: I'm just not sure, but will college be making posts a little rarer than before, or will it depend on what takes place? =P

"Ideas?" Ray asked, with an intrigued look on his face, wondering what exactly she had meant, though he had a couple ideas, and wasn't entirely certain he was impressed by the implications. He wouldn't going to say anything, though, since he had probably already done enough right now in those terms.

"Hmm... That makes sense." Jenny said with a nod, though she wondered what the reason really could be.
"Hopefully it was something like that..." Jenny said, not being able to help but think there might be other reasons that the suit seemed to fail.

[Minun]
IC: "Oh nothing much~," James mentioned, "just wanting to see our technological progress. It makes for a good pick-me-up on a bad day."

James eyes turned towards

"Pardon me a moment, but who was that man just now, mentioning something about the power of space?"

IC: "No... I was a bit... preoccupied when it happened. As to going with you however, I am up for it. Lucia, you?" she asked turning toward Lucia.

"I suppose I can come with."

Upon hearing her voice, Jamie was reminded of the hat that she and Lucia had bought earlier. And that said hat was nowhere to be found. She froze for a moment upon that realization.

"Well that's both of us. Back to Abyss then?"

[Parugi]
OOC: Iiiii will be very surprised if my activity stays the same as it was over the summer. Although I'm sure I'll be less or more active depending on the point in the term--one class ends on October 10th, for instance, so it should theoretically pick up after that point compared to September through October 9th.

Rest assured--I have no intention of letting the RPG die simply because I cannot post. Above all else I will make sure that I have time to post, especially during the game's slow periods. I put a lot of time and effort into future plans, so I'm not about to let that go to waste. =)

IC - Sonja Baron - Dorms: Sonja restrained herself from saying anything further, including her inclination to tell Ray not to dwell on the word for too long. Instead she simply stopped at her door, swiping the card key down the side panel and entering the room. She did not care to stick around for very long, quickly packing what she usually carried with her and, in the process, giving Ray just enough time to get an idea of the room's layout before stepping back into the hall, bag slung over her shoulder.

"Okay, so that's done," she announced, looking at her watch. "That didn't take very long at all, so it's probably too soon to go wait for everyone." The Liberty Agent thought for a moment, face brightening. She looked at Ray. "Hey! Wanna have a Pokémon battle? I haven't gotten to chance to train for a while now."

IC - Kyle Eston - R&D Hall: Kyle nodded as the doors to the Research and Development Department came into view. He was about to answer when one of them opened, and Evan appeared in the hall, noticeably irritated at something. Surprised, Kyle frowned, waving at him.

"Hey, Evan!" he called, speeding up to approach the Plasma Agent. "What's going on? I thought you were with Jupiter?"

IC - Executive Vert - R&D Department: Vert nodded. At James' question, she followed his gaze to the door, eyelids drooping in annoyance. "That would be Evan Tierra," she told her fellow Executive. "Plasma Agent and 'Hero of Space'--meaning he is a sort of envoy of Palkia on our world. Normally that would mean that he possesses powers similar to those of Palkia--spatial manipulation, as you might imagine--but supposedly he lost them during that incident in Unova in December."

She shook her head, walking over to a nearby desk and setting her files down on it.

"I offered to try a few... experimental procedures to help him regain those abilities, but he didn't seem interested--and seems to think that I intended to force him into it, given what he just said," Vert continued. "In reality, I was going to demonstrate several of our newer power suits, which would essentially grant the same level of power without the need for divine intervention. Although I still believe that Colress's research could be applied to humans just as well as Pokémon, given situations like these. Perhaps I should have mentioned that when I initially proposed my offer?" Vert shrugged. "Regardless, he's inconsequential now--I have no interest in someone who revokes trust so easily."

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Goldenrod City: "Fabulous!" Ethan said, clapping his hands together. "Hold on to your coats, then." He looked at Gavin, nodding. The Rocket Agent released his Kadabra, a gray glow enveloping them before they found themselves in front of Abyss. The nearby Lake of Rage still bore the signs of the machine that had been used to power up Leviathan, though aside from that, nothing had truly changed.

"Oh!" Ethan said, stopping mid-stride. He looked around the area, and then lowered his voice again. "I feel the need to ask--none of us has seen anything out of the ordinary since we got back, right?"

The way he emphasized those words made it very clear what he was referring to, and the mere hint of the train brought bad memories back to the forefront of everyone's minds...

[blade]
OOC: Fair enough. What I more meant was, will there be like a day or two without a post from you or so? =P But yeah, I understand.

Ray smiled at that, and nodded.
"Sure; after all, that was pretty much why you returned, wasn't it?" Ray said with a chuckle, as he looked around.
"Where's the best place to have a battle, though?" Ray asked, not sure of where anything in here was, after all.

Jenny looked over curiously as she saw Evan approach; wondering the same thing.
And why was he headed from where the research labs were...?

[Minun]
IC: Both Jamie and Lucia paused as they recalled the memories of the incident from the train.

"...Nothing along the lines anything like that," Jamie said while Lucia shook her head. "And I pray that I never will."

Both Grummore and Palomides look at the trainers watching them with blissful ignorance.

IC: In other words not someone I would rather antagonize if I could avoid it...

"I doubt it would have helped. If he did not trust you enough to go with you, provided you were not doing anything akin to evil laughter, then I doubt more explanation would have convinced him."

James wondered on what suddenly made him change his mind.

"...Speaking of those new power suits, may I see your progress on them?"

[Detranix]
OOC: Forgive my lack of activity. A bit of writer's block and college prep is the main cause.

IC - ??? - Evan's mind:

A voice echoed from deep within Evan's brain, the same voice which had earlier whispered to him. "Running solves nothing... He stayed and won..." The voice faded briefly. "No matter how much you may try to run, you can't escape me." A mental image of a young man's face flashed in Evan's head, crimson eyes illuminated by the image of a flame from a lantern. "I'm coming." A loud roar echoed throughout Evan's ears, the pain loud enough to bring anybody to their knees.

~Det

[Hades]
IC: Evan Tierra, The Alamo,

As he was about get out of the science wing, Evan felt pain upon pain rain down on him. Evan felt the world go dark as he fell to the floor.

[Parugi]
OOC: Blade--Of course; that already happens. I just don't know when those days will be.

Also first post ever from my new laptop yaaaaa~~~ Unfortunately it won't be a terribly long one. X3

IC - Kyle Eston - R&D Hall: "Evan!" Kyle cried in surprise, running forward as he saw the Plasma Agent collapse.

IC - Executive Vert - R&D Department: "Of course," Vert replied, offering no response to James' quip regarding Evan. Already she seemed to have gotten over the apparent setback. "Come this way, please."

IC - Sonja Baron - Dorms: "There are a few arenas near here," Sonja told Ray. "We can use one of those."

[blade]

Jenny frowned, as she ran over too, and knelt down beside him, not sure what happened.
"What could that have been all about...?" Jenny muttered, as she tried to see if he was hurt or anything.

"Alright then; let's go check them out." Ray said with a nod, as he smiled to Sonja.

[JiMing]
IC: Aspen and Olivia Seaton

"Maybe I could get my Dad to get us over there, but I'm not sure. Should we head to where you are, or should you come to us? We're at my house in Olivine."

[blade]

Zach nodded to Ryan, who simply blinked, as he sent out the tired, but still able to teleport, Gallade. The next second, the three had appeared in the air over top of where Aspen currently was, since Gallade was too tired to accurately teleport them to safe ground.
"Uh-oh." Zach said as he noticed where they were, right before they fell.

[JiMing]

Olivia quickly released her Gardevoir, who caught the group right before they hit the ground with Psychic.

"Aspen, tell your friends to be a little more careful next time."

OOC: I'm assuming it's okay if I evolved Olivia's Kirlia, and I'll edit the profile soon.

[blade]
OOC: Was it via rewards, or just a timeskip evolution? Just curious on that. =P

"Yeah, that wouldn't be a problem normally..." Zach said, as he recalled his still-injured Gallade quickly.
"In fact, I should go quickly heal up my Gallade for that reason..." Zach said, as he looked around for where the door was, due to post-teleportation disorientation.

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

[Parugi]

IC - Kyle Eston - R&D Hall: "I don't know," Kyle answered, frowning when Evan showed no signs of consciousness. Carefully, he heaved the Plasma Agent's arm over his shoulder, pulling him to his feet and putting Evan's weight on himself. "Come on--let's take him to the medical wing."

The devil on his shoulder whispered annoyance into Kyle's ear at the prospect of having to postpone his own business, but the Liberty Agent pushed this feeling aside--his business with Vert could wait until he was sure that Evan was in the hands of someone who could actually help. With Jenny offering support on Evan's other side, they began to walk toward the main entrance.

"Evan!" Kyle tried again. "Evan! Wake up!"

IC - Sonja Baron - The Alamo: This decision made, Sonja led Ray back through the Alamo, going further west in the base. The section of the facility that they arrived in was composed of many nurseries containing countless Pokemon eggs and newborn Pokemon. Mixed in with these were a number of rooms designed to mimic outside environments, which were all inhabited by Pokemon slightly older than those in the nurseries. Sonja smiled brightly as they passed by each doorway and window, peering inside of each room to see what lived within.

Soon enough, these facilities were behind them, and the two had emerged into the training center of the Alamo. The hall opened into a circular room, from which nine additional hallways split, each leading to an arena built around a specific type of terrain--though each with additional controls, allowing for modifications to be made to the field. Lights above each hallway indicated which ones were in use. Currently, only two others were unavailable--the middle field, built to simulate volcanic zones, and the far left field, based around ocean combat.

Sonja contemplated the remaining options before choosing the hall second from the right, which was designated as a forest arena. The room was large and round, with tall pine trees lining the outer edge of the field. A control box was set in the wall just at the end of the hall; Sonja moved past this and walked to the trainer box at the far end of the arena, turning to face Ray. She drew a Poke Ball. "Ready?"

IC - Executive Vert - R&D Department: Vert and James emerged into what had become a familiar room--an observation deck, overlooking a testing area within the lab. The two took a pair of seats right in front of the window, Vert holding and typing on an electronic information pad. The whirring of machinery sounded around them, as a large door opened in the far wall below. Vert paid no mind to the female voice that spoke, announcing the test to whoever else might have been present; she, of course, already had all of that information on her computer, and as such was already aware of the fact that an officer named Rene Lin would be operating the designated suit.

"I think you'll find this test a tad more interesting than the others, Mr. Arthur," Vert said to her fellow Executive, glancing up as Lin stepped into the room. His entire body was more or less entirely covered in a combination of an elastic suit and sleek, silver armor that covered his hands, forearms, shoulders, chest, shins, and feet, culminating in an elaborate, yet subdued helmet that hid his face. No practice targets appeared in the room, even as he stood perfectly still in the center-most spot of the floor. Vert leaned forward, speaking into a microphone in front of her. "Initiate Steel-Type test procedures."

The officer's suit glowed, light gray lines tracing down the middle of each segment signaling its activation. Lin assumed a pose reminiscent of a boxer. Three spots of air around the room began to shimmer, coloring fading into those areas. Before James' eyes, a Magmar, a Beartic, and a Muk had materialized, all facing Lin, though no yet making a move...

IC - Jupiter/TL Leaders - Meeting Room: The rest of the meeting went without incident. All in all, Team Liberty's leadership did not seem terribly suspicious or doubtful of Jupiter's report. At the very least, she figured, that would mean that someone would be looking for Envy. Jupiter pushed herself to her feet as the meeting was called to an end, shaking Goldhawk, Blackskull, and Silvermind's hands again before turning to leave.

She stopped at the door. "By the way," she said, looking at Goldhawk. "I ran into an Executive named Vert on my way up here. She said some rather... unsettling things before I got in the elevator--about interest in the Hojohsin League and wanting to try to reignite Evan Tierra's spacial powers." She shrugged, turning away again. "Tierra can attest to this, but I just thought you should know that your leadership is not as settled on doing good as you might hope."

Without waiting for a response, Jupiter exited the room, headed back in the direction of the elevators...

[Hades]

IC: Feral Tierra, ????

Evan wasn't the only one who heard the scream. Somewhere, Feral had heard it, and it intrigued him. He had to find out what was after HIS prey. Perhaps he could join forces with whatever it was. Focusing himself, Feral, using his connection with Evan, traced the scream. After a while, Feral's eyes lit up with excitement. He had found out where it had come from.

It had come from deep under Opelucid City.

With a snap of his fingers, Feral teleported to the location.He appeared in front of a large stone door. He appeared to be deep underground. The door itself however, was the main focus.

It was large and ornate, yet it seamlessly meshed with the stone walls of the room. Feral rubbed his hand across the door, and saw runes light up on it. But that wasn't what caught his eye. He saw the symbols of the Sinnoh Creation Trio on the door, which meant this was connected to them somehow. Feral decided to knock on the door hard. The runes lit up more intensely, as if forming a barrier on the door.

"Hrmph, guess I'll have to break it down if I want to meet this thing.", Feral said, sighing a bit,  "Here we go!"

Feral covered his fists in spacial energy as he began to rain punches on the door, slowly but surely, it began to crumble......

IC: Evan Tierra, The Alamo

"He's...coming.", Evan muttered, still unconscious from the scream, "Coming for you. Coming for me. Coming for the whole world to see....."

[blade]

-==IC: Ray==-Ray had looked around in awe before they got to the arena, but then focused once they got to the place they would fight, beginning to formulate a plan for the battle in the process, as he walked to the opposite side of the field."Whenever you are." Ray confirmed with a nod and a smile, as he chose his first Pokemon, and then nodded to Sonja to send out her Pokemon first.-==IC: Jenny==-Jenny nodded, and frowned with concern, as she looked at Evan, wondering what the words he was muttering meant.Who's coming...? And why? Jenny wondered, not thinking this to be a good sign at all.

[Detranix]

IC: - ??? - Opelucid

As the wall fell, a massive wave of madness burst through, serving only to bring a sadistic smile to Feral, who eagerly awaited the emergence of the sealed being. Much to Feral's surprise, from the shadows of the chamber emerged a young man, his hair covering over his eyes, his smile revealing a set of bright teeth. His clothes consisted of tattered black robes, not wearing any shoes, yet showing skin that seemed as if it were flawless, the only strange thing being his mouth, which when opened, stretched wider, and at a strange angle as well. Teeth ground sharp, and eyes glowing red, the being stepped forward, sizing up Feral. "Really?" snorted Feral. "This is what brought the fool to his knees? I would have at least expected something bet-" Feral's words were instantly silenced by a hand wrapped around his throat. With surprising ease, the dark being lifted Feral off the ground, his eyes scanning every visible part of Feral.

"...Tierra..." muttered the being, his grip tightening, but suddenly loosening. With a shrug, the being dropped Feral to the ground, who simply landed on his feet and dusted himself off. It had sensed the darkness within him, a darkness which highly interested him, though he did not show it. The stranger quickly turned his attention to the outside of the chamber, having been sealed within it for so long. He pushed past Feral, who ignored the disrespect, more intrigued by what his new potential 'friend' was up to.

"That's a strange way to thank someone who just let you out of your little..." Feral spun his hand as he searched for the word, examining the stone chamber. "House." The new being simply shot a quick glare at Feral, before examining the area. Feral let out a sigh, as he moved closer, trying to make conversation. "So, what do you know of Tierra? I would expect somebody who seems to have been sealed away wouldn't be aware of much."

"Vicens," was the only word that emerged from the stranger's lips. At that, Feral raised an eyebrow as it finally clicked in his mind. That face, that hair, that attitude, that... taste in clothing. From what he had seen of Evan's memories, this was exactly who he was face to face with. Having heard that he had perished in the battle at Sinjoh Ruins, he realized that he was essentially staring at a ghost. However, having also heard of Evan's resurrection, he was not as surprised as he should have been. Feral's eyes began to wander, quickly noticing that there was what seemed to be a torn black trenchcoat lying around, which the stranger was quick to pick up and wear.

"So... What have you been up to in your time while sealed?" Feral asked. "Have you even got a name?"

"Watching. Waiting. Playing." The three words were spoken so softly that they would have been calming, had they not been coming from a being with a terrifying aura. His eyes flashed as Feral asked for a name. The next word was one that quickly brought a smile to the face of Evan Tierra's darkness, wider than he had ever smiled before.

"Vicens."

IC: Van Harrison - Eterna City:

Van walked into the Eterna City Pokemon Center, leaving his Pokemon to be healed. He couldn't help but let his mind wander back to Envy's words, what could they have meant? Van was beginning to hurt his head as he tried as hard as he could to match up everything. The only thing that he could gather was that he resembled someone who was apparently known, yet not enough to be firmly recognized as such. Even as he looked around, he could see people were whispering and pointing. "...thought he was dead...didn't know he changed his hair..." Van shrugged it off, being too stressed to deal with such. Rising to his feet, he walked over to the counter and claimed his Pokemon.

Stepping outside, he felt a cool breeze, one which quickly changed to a terrifying chill in an instant. Releasing his Hydreigon, he took to the sky, heading back to Hoenn to give a full report to his superiors.

~Det

[Konuju]

After several minutes of monotonous typing, Petersen turned around. "Sorry," he said with a frown. "The only Sanders we have in our database is you."

Ryan sighed. He had hoped to learn at least something about why Team Rocket had been after his parents, but it seemed this was just another dead end. "So that means Team Rocket was lying?" he asked bitterly. "They just claimed my parents were helping Team Liberty so they had an excuse to invade my home?"

"Not necessarily," the Liberty tech shrugged. "We don't have data on every picketer and protester out there. Your parents could have easily been supporters of Team Liberty without directly helping us." Peterson leaned back in his chair and thought for a minute. "What has me interested is that Pokedex you mentioned. You're not related to any Pokedex Holders or Professors, are you?"

"Not that I'm aware of," Ryan shook his head.

"Could I see your Pokedex for a moment?" Petersen asked. When Ryan handed the device to him, the tech grabbed a cable and attached one end to the Pokedex and the other to his computer. A window popped up on the monitor with several lines of text. "I see you've registered yourself as the owner of this Pokedex," Petersen said curiously.

"It was blank when I found it," Ryan explained. "I mean... it didn't have a registered owner."

"Right, right," the tech said as he busily typed commands into the keyboard. "Now that's strange, I can't seem to find any manufacturer info on here. If I could find it, it might shed some light on where this Pokedex came from." He continued to type for a few more minutes before frowning once more. "Well, I can tell you one thing, the memory on this device is horrible. Are you sure this isn't some bootleg copy?"

"I-I don't think so," Ryan said, surprised. He hadn't considered the possibility of the Pokedex being fake. "Back in November I downloaded info on the Pokemon native to Unova... that could be why there's less memory."

Petersen shook his head. "No, there's definitely a lot more memory missing." He typed in a few quick commands and glanced at the screen. "It's not that the memory's missing, it's just being used. But what could take up that much memory?" The tech leaned forward and thought for several long minutes.

Ryan took the opportunity to glance around the room. Several other techs were busy at their own computers. A muted television in the corner was broadcasting the news; something about a giant Golurk that had wreaked havoc in Goldenrod.

Suddenly, Petersen sat straight up. "I've got it!" he cried, loudly enough that the other techs glared at him in annoyance. "It could be a ghost drive," he continued quietly. "That would explain the used memory and the lack of manufacturer info. But it would have to be a very effective one if you were able to load your profile on top of it."

"Wait, wait, slow down," Ryan said. "What's a ghost drive?" 

"Let me explain," Petersen said, spinning around in his chair to face Ryan. "Your Pokedex is like a hi-tech encyclopedia, right? Essentially a small computer. Just like your regular desktop computer, information is organized into files within folders and sub-folders. Imagine it like a giant filing cabinet. Some of those files contain your profile information, what labels you as the Pokedex's owner and makes it unique from any other Pokedex. What a ghost drive does is take those files and place them in a secret compartment. Take the file cabinet analogy and imagine you build a false bottom in one of those drawers with your important documents hidden underneath. The drawer appears to be empty."

"So what you're saying," Ryan said, trying to wrap his mind around the explanation, "is that whoever owned this Pokedex created a ghost drive to hide his identity and I registered myself on the apparently unused Pokedex?"

"That's the beauty of it," Petersen smiled. "Most ghost drives are a simple image, so the Pokedex would appear empty. But if you were to try and load your profile onto one of those, you wouldn't be able to, as it would recognize that it already had an owner. But if I'm right and this Pokedex does have a ghost drive, that would account for the memory issue -- the 'dex has two people as registered users instead of one."

"But how can you be sure there is a ghost drive?" Ryan asked.

"That's the problem," Petersen sighed. "It could take months for me to crack into the files hidden under the ghost drive. The only person who can unlock them is the original owner."

"But without accessing the files, we have no way of knowing who the original owner is," Ryan frowned.

OOC:

Disclaimer: I am not a technological genius; I simply made up the existence of a 'ghost drive.' Any similarities to real-life computer terms are purely coincidental.

Also, if it wasn't already obvious, I, too, will be posting a bit less frequently this semester. You know, school and all.

[Mango]

OOC: Cracking last reward point.

IC: When Madison queried the collective regarding the quality of their sleep, Cassius shook his head tiredly. The dark bags beneath his eyes spoke more eloquently than his words ever could on that particular subject. The last night had been far too hectic for the young traveler to obtain rest greater than a cursory slumber. He sighed as he recalled the barrage of events that had kept him wide wake.

Firstly, a hospitable Snowpoint resident had given him a Technical Machine in thanks for Baku's work absorbing the flame. Having never used such a device before, Faust was not merely curious as to its content but concerned about its appropriate application. Adding to his deliberation was that his team with the sole exception of Eikþyrnir did not clamor for its immediate use. Pondering for several hours, Cassius eventually decided to use the TM as per the vocal demands of Hafgufa, Baku, and Bhusunda.

But by then, another problem had arisen. A metal disk had been following Ichabod throughout the hours. Finding from a native that such a disk was, in fact, the body of a Pokemon called "Bronzor," Cassius had determined to capture it. But such victory was easier said than done. Figuring Bhusunda could use the experience, he eventually let loose the Murkrow. Yet her strange new power fizzled upon materializing. And even when it made contact with the foe, it caromed away. It appeared Bhusunda did not yet fully understand the move. Sighing, Cassius ordered her simply to Night Shade the hovering enemy until defeat. That, too, was easier said than done. It spun into Bhusunda with enough force to nearly knock her from the sky. Squawking indignantly, the crow was forced into an orderly retreat, and so she only defeated the disk after several hours of fight and flight. 

Yet capture of the Bronzor did not end Cassius' troubles. Next, the new member of the team had to be introduced to his fellows. This affair was conducted, as per the request of the team, in a presumptuous and ceremonious manner. The novice was paraded with much pomp through the two columns of two companions apiece, stately Sawsbuck and reluctant Jellicent on one side and cheery Heatmor and dour Murkrow on the other. The subsequent cacophony of various sounds ensured the master of its creators was awake for many a hour following. And even now, the group demanded that the newly-christened "Xuanwu" should be next to learn of the TM's information...

Faust raised his eyes to the heavens, considering pleading to his Unovan deities for a vestige of control, before surrendering with another shake of the head. There was naught to be done. In Lacunosa, he recalled, there was a saying: que sera, sera. What will be, will be.

What was for Cero was hardly worthy of being complained about. Having visited a Pokemon Center shortly following the Goldenrod incident, his travels took him toRoute 34. There he happened to spot a curious Cacnea. Loosing Aridez, he attempted to tank it with a slow grind of Curse and Fire Fang, yet found it to disappear in the Sand Stream. The Team Magma agent decided instead to loose Piedra and command the cold Probopass to cripple the cactus with Thunder Wave before chipping away with a steady series of Discharges. At last capturing the creature, Cero headed back into Goldenrod up a party member and in as high spirits as his cautious nature permitted. 

Samuel Freeman was also exultant, though for an unrelated set of reasons. First the newly-democratic citizens of Goldenrod had elected him their president. At least, they had given him some free stuff, which Freeman figured being a president entailed. People liked your face, so they gave you whatever defecation they had on hand. That was how a democratic government worked. Anyway, he was happy to reward his obedient little weapons of 'mon destruction get a few medals for their efforts. And he was happy to obtain another, too. A fish which seemed to like him (if its fanatic attempts to jump from the sea to lick his face with happy teeth extended were anything to go by) was a fantastic addition to his team. Letting loose ManBearPig, the nationalist let the Spoink Bounce his way to victory with hit-and-run attacks not dissimilar to the jets of his foe. The mammalian's new move may not have been perfected, either, yet it didn't hurt. Now Freeman had successfully converted the heathen. No longer would he be woefully unequipped to dual-wield swine and icthyoid against the red tide.

For now he fought with none but the dreaded Mr. Fish.

OOC: Cassius' TM is Hidden Power, while Freeman is receiving Hidden Power and Rock Slide. In addition, their captured 'mon are listed below for approval as well.

Nickname: Xuanwu

Species: Bronzor

Trainer: Cassius I. Faust

Appearance: A Bronzor possessing incredible size for its species.

Personality: Uncompromising and totally devoted to a set of alien tenets of morality.

Specialty: Powerful and unrelenting attacks balanced by its lack of speed.

Ability: Levitate

Known Moves: Faint Attack, Payback, Extrasensory, Future Sight, Heavy Slam, Gyro Ball

Nicknames: Mr. Fish

Species: Carvanha

Trainer: Samuel Freeman

Appearance: Average in appearance for male Carvanha but for its smaller size.

Personality: A hyperactive and exuberant type overflowing with energy.

Specialty: Agile movement, along with powerful strikes.

Ability: Speed Boost

Known Moves: Crunch, Aqua Jet, Ice Fang, Skull Bash, Brine (egg move), AncientPower (egg move)

Nicknames: Sombra

Species: Cacnea

Trainer: Cero

<End cache>

Page 116

[Hades]
IC: Evan Tierra, The Alamo

Tears started to flow down Evan's face as his face contorted with pain. The Beheeyem he had with him noted his mental state's escalation. It knew that something was going on in his head to cause this but what? Landorus could feel it as well. Something had to be done to minimize the chances of Evan getting hurt

"Get him out of here!", Landorus told the Beheeyem in a fierce tone, "Something is reaching out to him, aiming to cause him serious harm!"

The Beheeyem exited its poke ball and enveloped Evan and Jenny in a soft purple light, whisking them away to a nearby island. Either from the shock of the teleportation, or from the sheer pain he was going through, Evan's eyes opened wide and he started to scream, tears continuing to flow from his eyes.....

[blade]
IC: Jenny

"Huh? What's going on? What's wrong?" Jenny asked, as everything suddenly happened, shocked at the sudden turn of events. Jenny frowned, as this definitely didn't seem right at all, but she wasn't sure what to do, since she wasn't sure what was wrong.

[Hades]
IC: Evan Tierra, Deserted Island

"I could have prevented his death.", Evan said in a voice that rung with regret, "If we had only fought together, he wouldn't have died. It's all my fault!"

At the sound of his yelling, all of Evan's Pokémon, aside from Landorus were sent out, all of them seeming confused at the situation...

IC: Feral, Under Opelucid

"Let me help." Feral said, smirking.

"You may have helped save the world, but you couldn't even save one person.", Feral's voice rang in Evan's mind, "What good are you?"

IC: Evan Tierra, Deserted Island

At that moment, the words rang in Evan's head, driving him further into despair. There didn't seem to be any way out of what was happening. So much was going on in his head.

He couldn't take it anymore.

"Just leave me here.", Evan said to Jenny, "I think it's best that I stay here, lest I cause more problems."

[blade]
IC: Jenny

"What are you talking about?" Jenny said with a frown, looking right at Evan.
"I'm not going to leave you here in this state; and I don't understand what you mean by 'cause more problems' either." Jenny explained, worried about what he was yelling about just now.
He couldn't mean... Seth?

[Hades]

"Seth died because Klim and I couldn't help him.", Evan said, "What good am I now?"

All of Evan's Pokémon huddled close to him as he looked at Jenny.

"Why stay with me?", Evan said in disbelief to Jenny, "I said to leave now. If you intend stay, you will have to prove yourself! Vlad, Tailwind!"

At the sound of his command, Evan's Gliscor glided upward and whipped up a gale behind Evan, hoping to blow Jenny away from Evan's location.

[blade]

Jenny grit her teeth, as she was blown a few feet away, digging her shoes into the ground to prevent herself from flying further back. Through the wind, she sent out her Gyarados quickly.
"Hydro Pump, quickly!" Jenny called out, trying to get Vlad to stop the gale.
"You are perfectly good. Have you ever stopped to think, that Seth died because he didn't want you and Klim to be killed as well? If you three had've all fought, you all would have died along with Seth. Seth died, so that you could live the rest of your life in peace; why throw that away?" Jenny asked, a frown on her face, as she slowly attempted to make her way back to where Evan was, hoping that this might make him realize what was going on. She gripped the Pokeball that held her Tynamo, but didn't send it out just yet, as she was still unsure of the situation.

[Hades]

Vlad was shot out of the sky by the Hydro Pump and was caught by Monstro, who laid him carefully onto the ground. Evan gritted his teeth, pondering what Jenny said.

"The rest of my life in peace?", Evan said, thinking clearly for once, "You may be right, but there may not be any going back to how I used to think. Behemoth, Rapid Fire Ice Shard on that Gyarados!"

[blade]

"I don't believe that you're right about that." Jenny said, as she focused more, and sent out the rest of her team, as some of them began to glow for some reason.
"Litlite, Heat Wave; Piglite, Super Power!" Jenny yelled out, as the Litwick unleashed a Heat wave on the icicles headed for Gyaralite; however, the Litwick didn't faint, and instead began to glow even more.
"I'm not letting my days of training, to actually be of help to you, go to waste. I'll show you my power!" Jenny said, as her Tynamo looked up at her, wondering what the plan actually was, holding off on evolution as long as possible as was told to...

OOC: Okay, next post is going to be massive, and I'm gonna use up nearly all of my rewards for it. Just saving two for a reason later on, but that won't be for a while, just because of just what will happen next post.

[Claus Von Minun the 4th]
IC: James Arthur
James gives credit where credit was due, and thus he would have to admit that he was impressed by the improvement upon a good design. Not only was that so, but his mood significantly improved. Plus the silver armor as a side-note brought it a better aesthetic effect as his mind slightly drifted for the briefest of moments to thoughts of how it could be shaped. But in the end his found one topic to focus on.

Just the obvious ones. First, excellent work and good show, you seem to have made good progress since last I watched. Though do give my condolences to Officer Lin, that he had to be hurt for my sake, which leads me to my other thought. About the type disadvantage gained, do you think it would be possible to eventually be rid of such a downside, or is it the cost of gaining such powers?

There was one other thought that came to mind when he had the name of the sample subject. Registeel-B. That last bit might not have meant anything, but considering what he had kindly brought to his fellow executive (and that Liberty only had one Registeel on its side) What other thoughts may the executive have had, What of the Registeel? but on that point, he held his tongue.

IC: Richard Apollo / Claus Von Diamond
Really?

Yep.

Just sudden evolution of the guy who has the type advantage over 100% of my team.

Looks like it.

Can I concede?

Nope.

Nuts

Richard chuckled slightly as he watched Erebus in his new form. The Tentacruel was looking at itself, getting used to his new form and multiple new appendages. He grew quite larger from his former small self.

He is kinda intimidating, isnt he? Well, fine if you want to be like that, Ill switch, Richard taunted as he recalled the Tentacruel and sent out Nyx.

Claus sighed as he sent out Porky in response. I need something for that Tentacruel

[Hades]

"Let's see what you've got!", Evan said, "All right, my Pokémon, prepare yourselves! To the front with all of you!"

Monstro, Hippowdon, Gnip, and Lazengann immediately went to Behemoth's side, all ready to do battle. Monstro clenched his hands into fists and hit them together. Hippowdon opened her mouth wide and roared. Lazengann made several slicing motions with his claws. As if to signify the start of the battle, Gnip finished it all off with a tremendous roar that shook the very island.

"Go get 'em, my friends!", Evan said, feeling a little more at peace, "See if she has the power to back up those words!"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

[blade]

Jenny smiled widely, as her Pokémon gathered in a line, each facing one of Evan's Pokémon; Piglite facing Monstro, Tynamo against Hippowdon, Gyaralite staring down Gnip with narrowed eyes that challenged the dragon once more, Litlite putting on a brave face looking up at Lazengann, and the oft-ignored Sandlite nodding toward Behemoth with a smug grin.
"Alright! Now we're talking! Let's show him what we're made of, guys! Let's show Evan just how much we've grown in the past six months!" Jenny said, as she struck a dynamic pose to once again prove to Evan that this was not a hopeless cause.

As she did so, her entire team, except for Gyaralite, began to glow, even as she prepared two Evolution stones and a Rare Candy.
"I've been searching for the right time the last few months to do this. My entire team has been training for this very moment! So here goes!" Jenny said with a wide grin, as her entire team evolved at once. What was once a Pignite was now an Emboar that had a proud look on its face. The Tynamo that would not give up evolved once into an Eelektrik, and then promptly into Eelektross as Jenny utilized the Electric stone. The timid Litlite became a powerful Chandelure in a similar process. The Sandile took things in stride, as it evolved into Krokorok, and then ate the candy and evolved once more into a Krookodile after the power boost. What once could be considered a very weak team, was now powered up to their full potential, or rather, the current state of their full potential.

"I'll use this battle to show you exactly what I mean. Let's go!" Jenny called out, as her Pokémon ran forward, still getting used to their new forms slightly, but doing rather well at that; could the girl have trained with that in mind? The large Emboar crashed into Monstro, using a full powered Super Power right from the start. Eelektross slashed out at Hippowdon with Crush Claw, attempting to use its lack of a true weakness to its advantage for once. Chandelure used Heat Wave on Excadrill, showing that it was not afraid anymore, and that it's once overpowered technique, was now just right for the fire type Pokémon. The Krookodile knew that it was the 'secret weapon' of sorts, and aimed to prove that, as it rushed toward Behemoth quickly, a smug look on its face, as it quickly Leered at its opponent, and then attempted to smash the Mamoswine with a Foul Play right after that.

Meanwhile, Gyarados continued to stare Gnip down, and then nodded, as it sped forward, weaving through the air with an intricate pattern as it used Dragon Dance right off the bat, and then spun around twice in front of Gnip to get the momentum needed for the Aqua Tail, and then turned to look at Gnip with a smile after the attack, to see the results of the first round of true battle.

OOC: Massive amount of profiles incoming. Not evolving anything else for probably another 100 pages to make up for this. xP

Nickname: Boarlite
Species: Emboar
Trainer: Jenny Hakuda
Appearance: No difference.
Personality: Ever since Jenny 'adopted' the abandoned Tepig, it has grown even more carefree than when the ruthless Ryan "Black" Hikari. However, she is still Adamant about fighting whoever her opponent is.

After its evolution, Boarlite has grown more determined to protect the bonds of friendship she has obtained with the rest of Jenny's party, and the Pokémon of the Shiny Beast group in general. She is still carefree, but is also more willing to fight.
Ability: Blaze
Specialty: Piglite specialty is higher Attack and Special Attack than other stats and than most others of its species, even with her Adamant nature. However, Piglite can use its speed slightly better than most others of its species. It's Special Attack has slightly decreased in effectiveness since evolving, in favour of slightly better Attack.
Known Moves: Superpower(EGG), Tackle, Heat Crash, Flame Charge, Smog, Roar

Nickname: Lurelite
Species: Chandelure
Appearance: Lurelite's eyes tend to glow more of an orange colour than most Chandelure. Other than that, there's no difference.
Personality: Lurelite is fairly mild, and tends to stay out of the lime light often, though when she battles, or is otherwise put into the spotlight, then she performs as best as she can. Lurelite trusts White very much, and that tends to give her the motivation to battle.

Lurelite has stayed modest since her twin evolutions; however, she is much more determined to battle to protect what Jenny cares about, which is why she waited for just the right moment to evolve.
Ability: Flame Body
Specialty: Lurelite excels in Special Attacks extremely well, however, her defense doesn't appear to be as good in exchange for her specialty in Special Attacks.
Known Moves: Ember, Shadow Ball, Heat Wave, Flame Burst, Hex

Nickname: Eelite
Species: Eelektross
Appearance: The stripes on the face are more of an orange colour.
Personality: Tynalite is adamant on trying its best; even if it's weaker than most anything that's not named 'Magikarp' in its first form. Unfortunately, that also means that it tends to stay in the battle, even as it's losing. Which also means it gets fainted. A lot.

It has learned from that, though, and gained courage and determination, and now has the will to defeat anything that it can manage to take out now that it's evolved, never giving up if there's still hope left.
Ability: Levitate
Specialty: Eelite specializes in Physical Attacks.
Known Moves: Headbutt, Thunder Wave, Wild Charge, Crush Claw, Crunch.

Nickname: Sandlite
Species: Krookodile
Trainer: Jenny
Appearance: No difference.
Personality: Sandlite likes to joke around a lot, but tends to be Adamant in battle when she has a reason to be. She is also loyal to her new trainer, to a point; White hasn't gained Sandlite's trust as much as she has with her other Pokémon yet.

It has gotten a little more arrogant over the past little while, and its evolution has helped it none; however, it has the power usually to back it up.
Ability: Anger Point
Specialty: Sandlite focuses on attack most of all; though with its evolution, its speed has increased as well, at the cost of its special attack.
Known Moves: Fire Fang(Egg), Foul Play, Sand Tomb, Leer, Earthquake

[Hades]

Monstro braced himself against the Superpower attack from Jenny's Emboar and immediately retaliated with a Hydro Pump blasting the Emboar away from him.

Hippowdon took the Crush Claw head on, but felt her defense lower a quite a bit as a result. She used this opportunity to activate her Sand Stream ability, engulfing the arena in a massive sandstorm. She then Yawned at the Eelektross, causing it to feel quite drowsy.

Lazengann could not stand the immense heat of the Heat Wave and dove into the ground to escape it. He then bore through the ground and dug up towards where the Chandelure was located and attacked it from below.

Behemoth was damaged quite heavily due to the Leer and Foul Play combo, but he retaliated with another barrage of Ice Shards.

Gyaralite looked back to see that there was no Garchomp where she had struck, only the whirling sandstorm. She turned forward only to see Gnip slash at her with a Dragon Claw as soon as she turned. Gnip's eyes burned more fiercely than usual, as if this battle mattered more to her than any other.........

[blade]

Boarlite was knocked away by the Hydro Pump; however, as it flipped around to slow itself down, it launched a cloud of smog at Monstro, attempting to damage it, or at least poison it in return, as the Emboar stood up, and dashed forward as quick as it could, preparing a Tackle, since it's other attacks were still rather useless for the moment.

The Eelektross nodded with fatigue after that, however, was intent on showing the results of her training after all this time. She dashed through the air quickly, and attempted to bite down on the Hippowdon, intent on either causing damage or even lowering her defense even more. She was sorry to have to fight the elder Hippowdon, but knew this was a necessary fight, and wanted to make Jenny proud.

Chandelure was knocked upwards and back, damaged from the Drill Run, however, took aim at the Excadrill, and launched what appeared at first to be a concentrated Heat Wave attack; however, it was actually a Flame Burst, as the Chandelure attempted to effectively lure her opponent to a spot where Heat Wave would work much better...

Sandlite was the only one who didn't have her nickname changed; however, that was for a very good reason. She took on the hits, and, while still damaged from the onslaught, was not quite as bad as she would have been normally; and was still able to fight at that precise moment. Over half her stamina was drained, and the damage probably would result in the next hit ending her participation in the fight, but if by some miracle that didn't happen, she had a plan. As it was, Sandlite rushed forward, and used a Sand Tomb on the Mamoswine quickly, and then jumped over and behind the sealed Pokémon, and attempted to use Foul Play to break right through the tomb, and hit the Mamoswine directly. It all banked on the tomb working in the first place, of course, but Sandlite was confident it would work.

Gyaralite roared out, as it turned, and attempted to use a weakened Hydro Pump to knock away the Garchomp's Dragon Claw attack. However, she was knocked out of the way in the ended, and used another Dragon Dance to get back into the air. Realizing that the one tactic that worked the last time wouldn't work this time, Gyaralite attempted to lure the Garchomp away to a place with slightly less sand; or at the very least, to get Gnip to target her again. Gyaralite leered in Garchomp's general direction, and attempted to Hydro Pump a random direction to get Gnip's attention, slowly moving in a way that she hoped was away from the rest of the battle.

[Parugi]
OOC: hax.

Don't forget to update your profiles in the discussion topic and/or wiki, Blade. =)

IC - Sonja Baron/Atum - Alamo Arena: Sonja smiled. "Now, Atum!"

With surprising speed, the Rhyhorn kicked out, pushing his large body to the side as Hozikimaru shot toward him. The veil of water surrounding the Dewott just barely missed the surface of rock armor that coated Atum's skin. Snorting nonchalantly, Atum steadied himself and turned to face his opponent again, blue eyes locked on the Dewott. With a low bellow, Atum's eyes glowed, his Ancientpower attack tearing at the ground beneath Hozikimaru in a flurry of mud and rock.

IC - Executive Vert - R&D Department: Vert took a deep breath, pushing her glasses further up her nose and looking back through the window, down to the floor of the testing around. The lenses caught the light overhead, briefly obscuring her eyes. After a moment of contemplation, she looked at James again. "We attempted to get rid of the weaknesses possessed by each type after our initial testing," she said. "but we were entirely unsuccessful. At this point, we believe that the type chart is more or less permanently set--Steel is absolutely weak to Fire. Essentially, it is impossible to expunge weaknesses entirely--it's the natural balance."

The testing site was now empty, Lin and the other researchers having cleared the area. Gathering her things, Vert rose from her seat, motioning for James to do the same, and proceeded to exit the observation deck. The Executive carefully picked her way through the lab, leading James to a staircase, and then descended, arriving at a heavily secured door. It slid open after Vert had entered a series of codes, allowing the pair through. They emerged into a curved hallway that--on close inspection--seemed to wrap around the test area itself. Lined up along the outer wall, each in its own chamber, stood fifteen suits, all of different colors, each with a unique helmet, and differentiated further by a type emblem and code printed on a plaque underneath the front glass panel. On the left side of the door, three other chambers stood, though they were empty.

"As you can see, we have a suit for almost every type," Vert said. "The only exceptions are Poison, Ghost, and a type currently exclusive to the Kalos region--one that we should be able to reproduce relatively soon, if our delivery gets here on time. Speaking of..." Possessed by a sudden thought, Vert turned her attention back to her tablet. "Hm... Four and a half weeks, give or take... A bit longer than I would like, but, oh well..."

IC - Quincy Adams/James Pierce - Hojohsin HQ: "You are completely and utterly ridiculous. I hope you realize that."

"Pfft. You're one to talk, Pierce. 'Oh, yes, sir, I can do it, don't worry! I'll get rid of aaaalllll the extra groups before you can say Poké Ball! You can just leave it to me, because I'm--' Ow!" Quincy Adams rubbed her head where James' Poké Ball had hit her, knocking her out of the chair that she had been leaning back in. The Hojohsin President unceremoniously caught the container as it flew back to him, leaning against his desk and glaring at the Third Child with marked annoyance--an unfamiliar sight on his typically stoic face.

"Learn your place, Third," he snapped. "I am not the one who has been wasting time for the sake of irony. If I recall, if was your job to stop Joker from finishing that device, was it not? And yet you failed to do even that much. No; instead you assumed that the Golurk would do the work for you, and as a result, you're even further away from completing your objective than when you started. Am I right?"

Adams did not answer, instead opting to simply glare down at the floor, hand still on her head. Pierce did not bother to wait any considerable time for a reply--he knew her well enough to be certain that there wouldn't be one. With a shake of his head, the First Child turned, seating himself behind his desk.

"You're lucky that this was just a make-up assignment, and not anything crucial to our plans," he said at length. Adams raised her head, stunned by this information. Pierce hardly even glanced at her as he continued, "Don't be so surprised, Quincy--what did you expect after that debacle with the train? Clearly you've lost your touch, and Ford knows it as well as the rest of us." He huffed. "Even Harrison is getting things done, and he's hardly been with us more than six months."

Adams face contorted in anger, and she clenched her fist, though she knew that as much as she wanted to beat that bored, yet cocky expression out of Pierce's face, she couldn't--not without risking some serious consequences. She managed to take a deep breath, calming herself--barely--and forced a straight expression on herself.

"And just what have you done, then?" she growled. "Weren't you supposed to get rid of Energon and the rest of the extras? What about Nine, huh? Or McKinley? I haven't heard anything from either of them for a while, yet you don't seem very concerned about whatever it is they're off doing."

Pierce actually frowned at this, which was accompanied by a dangerous look that he directed at Adams. It was only there for a moment, but she definitely noticed it. Slightly startled, she pushed herself back up, picked up her chair, and sat down, still holding on to her throbbing head. Pierce's eyes followed her the entire time, only deviating from her when she finally stopped moving again. They flicked back to the computer screen.

"Nine's condition," he said after a moment, an uncharacteristically sharp edge present in his voice. "is classified, and you will not bring it up again." Pierce looked at her again, clasping his hands and placing them on the face of the desk. "McKinley is busy recruiting the last of us, and has done a remarkably quick job of picking out and convincing candidates. As for me, I have been busy monitoring not only you, McKinley, and Harrison--as is my job--but also pulling what strings I need to in order to bring down my targets. On top of that, I have had to keep track of extra variables, like the girl who destroyed Team Galactic and the man who appeared in Goldenrod. Oh, and let's not forget the giant Golurk--that was a bit of a distraction, too, as you might have guessed, along with the whole, 'Quincy revealed her face during an attack on a psychic Shadow Admin' business." He smiled pleasantly, raising his eyebrows and nodding slightly at the Third Child. "Does that answer your question, ma'am? Or must I direct you to our customer service desk?"

Adams glared, and then looked away.

"As I thought," James said. He shook his head again. "Now that that is cleared up, let's talk about the future, shall we? I'll show you what I was going to do before your interrupted me." He pressed a button on his intercom. "Travis, come in, please." Adams looked at him, curious and slightly confused, though he did not elaborate, instead putting his full attention on the doors across the room. In a matter of moments, they opened, and Michael Travis, leader of Team Energon, entered. He shut the doors behind him, approaching the desk and standing before it.

"Mr. Travis! Welcome!" Pierce said jovially, standing up and shaking the man's hand. Quincy rolled her eyes at this, aware of the facade. Pierce glanced at her. "Mr. Travis, have you met Quincy? She's a fellow agent, one of Ford's top three--a truly skilled trainer, responsible in part for sealing away the Unown in Johto last year."

This unexpected praise was... unexpected. Probably bait. Still, there was some truth to it, and it seemed to quench Adams' anger somewhat, enough that she was willing to shake Travis' hand when it was offered to her. She quickly pulled back, attention back on Pierce, wondering what this was about.

"I was told you needed my men and equipment for an... operation," Travis said, lowering his voice as he spoke, as if the room might be bugged

"You heard correct, Mr. Travis," Pierce said. "It relates to Team Magma, more specifically. See, they're still around--somehow--and Mr. Ford would like them gone. Unfortunately, they have at their disposal a Heatran, and with our own Legendaries currently occupied with other duties, we have no way to combat it. So, we would like you and some of your men to accompany our own forces, and use your draining technology on said Heatran if and when it is encountered." Pierce leaned back in his seat. "It's fairly simple, really--Quincy will lead the operation--" Adams raised an eyebrow at this, though said nothing. "--and she along with our forces will take care of the majority of the work. Team Energon will only have to engage when necessary."

"Seems simple enough, I suppose," Travis said. "I presume we'll be paid?" Pierce nodded. "How much, exactly?"

"Hoenn," the Hojohsin Leader said simply. "Whatever towns or cities in Hoenn that you want--we'll shift them under your control. Privately, of course--it's in everyone's best interests to keep some illusion of unity, after all." Pierce restrained himself from smiling as he noted the glint of greed that appeared in Travis' eye. Soon enough, the deal had been made, and a time arranged for the two groups to meet. Pierce turned to Adams as soon as Travis was out of the room. "So, you're going with them," he stated, pointing lazily in the general direction of the door.

"Uh-huh," Adams said slowly. "Aaand, just what was all that about, exactly?"

"Oh, it's simple," Pierce said. "Ford wants Energon dissolved and Magma destroyed. To do that, I need both Travis and Maxie dead. I already have demolition teams ready to sink Team Magma's facility into the volcano where it's hidden, so what you're going to do is make sure that the two of them are inside when those explosives go off. Heck, if you can snag that Heatran and kill the two of them even before then, that'd be just as good."

"It doesn't seem like you would need me, specifically, to be there for that," Adams said pointedly.

"I don't need you specifically," James affirmed. "However, your team is all... magiclike. Bewitching. You can do the kind of stuff that would ensure that they're stuck there, Adams." He looked away. "It might even be enough to rectify you messing up with Joker, to be honest..." Pierce looked back at her. "A make-up-make-up assignment, so to speak." Adams still seemed skeptical. Pierce's expression flattened. "Oh, come on, Adams. Do you really think I'm going to try to sink the place with you still inside? That would ruin everything--we would literally have to start over from scratch."

Adams rolled her eyes. "Fine. You had better keep as tight a leash on your engineers as you do on me, though--or else."

"Oh, don't worry--I will," Pierce said. "You should probably prepare yourself."

After giving him a final glare, Adams exited the room, leaving the Hojohsin President to himself. The First Child watched her go, running over the board again in his mind. He had been honest about why he wanted Adams to go with Travis--for the most part. There was one other piece he needed to move, however, and he needed Quincy at Havoc if he was going to get it there.

The question was, how to go about that?
Troublesome, Pierce mused. Very troublesome...

[blade]
OOC: xD

Yeah, that one page in the wiki needs a total overhaul anyway, so I'll get to that ASAP. And put the profiles in the discussion topic first. =P

IC: Ray

Ray looked surprised at the turn of events, but simply nodded, as the Dewott tumbled backwards, and then slowly stood up.
"Well, this will be an interesting fight." Ray said with a smile, as the Dewott shot forward once more, using Aqua Jet again to swiftly move across the field, spinning through the air with a Razor shell ready as it got closer to its target. It would likely not work; but it might actually reveal something of use for a future counter attack.

[Hades]

"Watch in awe!", Evan said, as he put on his Go-goggles, "Dig deeper, my Pokémon! Show them who they are messing with!"

Lazengann immediately spun his body round and round, performing a Swords Dance in the process. It also mitigated the damage from the Flame Burst. Feeling quite nimble and strong, Lazengann rushed towards the Chandelure, using his Sand Rush ability to augment his speed. He then jumped towards the Chandelure, unleashing a Drill Run upon it.

Monstro coughed in the cloud of Smog, feeling nauseous from the poison. He then saw the Emboar readying a Tackle attack. Monstro decided to ready his Hammer Arm. He waited for the right time. Just as soon as the Emboar get close, Monstro unleashed a Hammer Arm upon his head.

Hippowdon did not like being slashed, and she certainly DID NOT like being bitten. She roared loudly as she summoned more sand towards the Eelektross, knocking her off of Hippowdon's back. Roaring even more fiercely, Hippowdon readied an Ice Fang........

Behemoth couldn't see with the Sand Tomb blocking his sight, so he did what came naturally. He froze the area around him, like he was going to use Ice Shard, and used Earthquake to shatter the resulting ice wall. This unfortunately did not prevent the Krookodile's Foul Play from connecting, as Behemoth learned the hard way. The Mamoswine panted heavily, feeling his will to stay in the fight ebbing. He decided if he was going to faint, he was going to dish out some damage to his foe. Behemoth rushed towards the Krookodile, and slammed right into him with a Superpower attack.

Gnip saw the Hydro Pumps and fired off a few Flamethrowers as well, to neutralize the attacks. All bets were off against this Pokémon. Gnip roared towards the sky and summoned many comets from above, aiming to hit the Gyarados with as many as possible......

[Konuju]
"You can see the dilemma we're in," Petersen said. "The files hidden under the ghost drive can show us the original owner of your Pokedex; but that person is also the only one who can unlock those files. It's a Catch-22."

"Right," Ryan frowned. He had come so close to finding the answers he'd been looking for. But now it seemed that would be impossible. "Well, you've already given me more help than I could have asked for. Thank you, Mr. Petersen."

"Anytime," the tech smiled. With a few quick keystrokes he unplugged the Pokedex from his computer and handed the device back to Ryan. The Pokedex was upside down, revealing the fine print that had been written on the back. As Ryan's hand closed around the 'dex, covering up the small text, Petersen gasped in amazement and yanked the device back.

"Hey, what gives?" Ryan asked in annoyance.

"Of course!" Petersen exclaimed, eyes quickly scanning the tiny print. "The answer's been right under our noses: the serial number! Team Liberty keeps a log of every agent who owns a Pokedex; we keep track of the model and serial numbers for security purposes. Now as long as the owner of your Pokedex is part of Team Liberty..." Petersen's fingers were flying as fast as his mouth as he turned back to his computer and pulled up the Liberty database.

"Aha!" Petersen cried, leaning back in his chair with a broad smile. "The original owner of your Pokedex is none other than Brendan Ruby."

"Ruby?" Ryan said in amazement. Having grown up in Hoenn, he was very familiar with Ruby, the Pokedex Holder who had started his journey in Littleroot Town. Ryan looked down at the Pokedex with awe. How many adventures had that 'dex gone through? How many wondrous sights had it seen; how many fierce battles had it aided in? The Liberty agent was speechless.

[blade]

Jenny smiled, as she nodded to her Pokémon.
"Show them just what we're made of, everyone!" Jenny called out, trying to gather support, even as the sandstorm began to obscure her view as well.

The Chandelure attempted to use Heat Wave on the Excadrill as it realized what was going on; however, the speed and rotation of Lazenngann allowed the Pokémon to cut right through the flames, and hit Chandelure hard; knocking out the ghost type in the process. Jenny quickly recalled the fainted Pokémon, a frown on her face in the process.

The Fire/Fighting type smiled in response, and took the blow with one of its arms, using part of the ground as a brace. It still took damage, but not as much as the Swampert was likely hoping. In response, Boarlite kicked off from the ground, attempting to utilize a Super Power on the Swampert to get it even further damaged, especially since it was pretty much at point blank range now.

The Eelektross frowned, as it eyed the Ice Fang, and dashed forward to try and Headbutt it first; though it could maybe even utilize the attack to its advantage too...

That attack worked; the Krookodile was slammed at full power, and flew backwards, even out of the Sandstorm, and got saved by being recalled to its Pokeball, fainted already from the initial attack.
"This is getting interesting..." Jenny said with a smile.

The Gyarados noticed the collision points, and headed away from them; but looked up, and noticed the meteors crash down in its approximate area... The area was clouded with dust and sand for a good few minutes; however, as the dust cleared, a Hyper Beam quickly ripped out of it, clearing out a 'path' in the process in the storm; revealing the Gyarados was battered and beaten due to the meteors; however, a good many had crashed down in the general area, due to the wide spread of the Draco Meteor attack. That said, it was still close, and the Gyarados had taken a good amount of damage to avoid as many meteors as it did...

[Parugi]
OOC: I'm imagining this Dewott spinning through the air in the exact same fashion as someone using Maneuver Gear in Attack on Titan. And it is glorious.

IC - Sonja Baron - Alamo Arena: "No kidding," Sonja answered. "Atum, Horn Attack!"

Atum charged forward, directly at the Dewott. As Hozikimaru swung his scalchops, so, too, did the Rhyhorn slash with the horn on his nose, deflecting the hit. In the process, it was clear that he had taken quite a bit of damage; however, that attack was immediately followed by a headbutt, the Rock-Type evidently having set up his move so as to use his momentum against his much lighter opponent.

IC - Kyle Eston/Jupiter - Alamo Elevators: "Jupiter!"

Kyle skidded to a halt in front of the Galactic Admin, doubling over to catch his breath after having sprinted across the base to find her. Jupiter looked on with surprise as the Liberty Agent managed to straighten up, taking the time to respectfully salute her before actually talking. Straightening her own expression, she returned the gesture, and noted that he had been in the group outside when she and Evan had first arrived.

"I don't have a lot of time to explain," Kyle said quickly, still breathing somewhat heavily. "But Evan collapsed in the hallway outside of the research lab. I had my friend take him to the infirmary while I came to get you."

The Galactic Admin frowned. "Shouldn't you tell your leaders?"

"I know--I'm about to," the Liberty Agent replied, opening up his Pokétch and sending off a quick message to his father to let him know what had happened. "I just thought you should know that your escort is incapacitated for currently undetermined reasons." He closed the device. "Come on--I'll take you to him."

"Wait," Jupiter said. "You said he collapsed outside of the research lab?"

Kyle nodded. "He left just as I got there, and fell over a few seconds later."

"I see... Do you mind taking me there, instead? I have an idea of what might've happened..."

"Sure," Kyle said, slightly confused. He turned, beginning back down the hallway. "It's this way--follow me."

[blade]
OOC: Oh man oh man oh man I didn't actually expect you to get that reference that was exactly what I was going for. xD And it is indeed glorious. xD

"Definitely is fun, though." Ray said with a smile, as he nodded. The Dewott flew backwards, the headbutt having dealt a good bit of damage as well, as the water type struggled to regain its footing. After it did so, it spun around on the spot a few times, utilizing Swords Dance, and then attempted to dash forward once more, this time preparing a Revenge attack, though whether it would actually work was to be seen...

[Hades]

Hippowdon took the Headbutt head-on and smashed her frozen teeth onto the Eelektross, causing the Eelektross to freeze solid.

"All right!", Evan said in a fiery voice, "Gnip, Outrage on the Gyarados! The rest of you know what to do!"

Hearing her master's command, Gnip roared loudly and started to run towards the Gyarados, fangs bared and claws ready to slice.

Lazengann, using his Sand Rush ability, zipped along the edge of the battlefield, throwing Rock Slides around, attempting to stun. Monstro slugged the Emboar with a Hammer Arm, Knocking it away. He then walked to the edge of the battlefield. Hippowdon trudged its way to the edge of the battlefield as well. Behemoth did the same motion. All four Pokémon awaited for Evan's command.

"FINISHING MOVE: RENDING QUAKE!", Evan shouted, "Don't forget to put some spirit into it!"

All at once, Monstro, Behemoth and Hippowdon smashed their feet into the ground, each one causing an almighty quake, tearing up dirt and rock alike, like they were nothing. Boarlite was knocked off his feet and saw the final phase of the attack: Lazengann was up in the air, accelerated by his Sand Rush. He looked down at Boarlite as he folded up into a drill and started spinning furiously towards the knocked down Mega Fire Pig........

[blade]

Jenny looked slightly surprised at the move, but smiled, as she knew that this was what was needed. She winced, as Boarlite hit the ground from the quake portion of the attack, and the Emboar was then hit by the Horn Drill, which succeeded in both knocking the fire pig out, and knocking it a ways away. Before any damage could get truly extensive to the fainted Pokémon, however, Jenny recalled her and Eelektross, the smile still on her face, as her entire team had fought with all it had.

Meanwhile, however, there was still one fight to go... Gnip was still headed toward Gyarados; however, this time, Gyaralite was ready. Roaring out a counter challenge, Gyarados sped forward, spinning around as she did so; as she charged up her own outrage attack, ready to whirl around with her tail as she got close to her target...

So artificial means fail to defeat the natural order... the Executive thought while ruminating over that annoying detail.

He walked the about the room glancing at each of the different sets of armor. While in each he saw a myriad of possibilities for defeating his enemies, each kept bringing to mind an equivalent amount of catastrophic defeats. However, the Executive eventually stopped before one. The solid white armor stood in front of James while the Executive looked at the Normal Type Insignia upon the plaque at the armor's feet. James rubbed his chin for a while as he thought about the armor.

"Tell me more about this one," James said to Vert pointing towards the armor before him.

[Konuju]
Ryan shook his head. He still couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that the Pokedex he'd been carrying around all this time belonged to Ruby. How was that even possible? After a few moments the Liberty agent realized that he was still standing there gawking at the Pokedex. Standing up straight and clearing his throat, he said, "Do you know where Ruby is now?"

"That's the problem," Petersen shook his head. With a few quick keystrokes the tech pulled up Ruby's file on the database. "Brendan Ruby is MIA... he has been for about three years now. He was on a top-secret mission to Paradise to investigate rumors of Ace trying to restart the Shadow Pokémon Project. However, something went terribly wrong and one of the Pokémon got loose. It started to chase Ruby, so we're guessing he went into hiding. He was last seen heading south from Ever Grande City. That's the last we've ever heard of him. Also our Rocket informant, Silver, said he hasn't heard anything of Ruby being captured by Team Rocket."

"Which means he's still out there somewhere," Ryan said, picking up the Pokedex. "You wouldn't happen to know what Pokémon was chasing him?"

Petersen shook his head. "Eyewitness accounts couldn't identify it; it must not have been one native to Hoenn. People described it as a large black dragon-like Pokémon."

Ryan scrolled through the entries in his Pokedex, but nothing matching the description seemed to show up.

"If the locals didn't know what it was, the Pokedex might not, either," Petersen said. "Team Rocket would probably have a record of what Pokémon it was, but without access to their database..."

"Don't worry," Ryan said with a smile. "You've already done more than enough. Now the only question that remains is where is Ruby now... and how did this Pokedex get from Ruby into the hands of my parents?"

"Well, I wish you luck as you try and find out," Petersen said, shaking the Liberty agent's hand. "Give me a call if you need anything; I'd be happy to help."

"Thank you," Ryan nodded. Pocketing the Pokedex, he ducked out of the computer room and headed back toward the R&D Department, hoping to find the others.

Edited by Hades

[Hades]

Gnip was whipped by Gyaralite's tail, being knocked back into the ground. Snarling, Gnip got back on her feet and roared even louder and charged towards the Gyarados, fangs bared. The Gyarados rushed towards Gnip. The mighty Garchomp started slicing like mad with her claws at the incoming Atrocious Pokémon, aiming to at least wound it heavily with a great deal of cuts.........

[blade]
IC: Gyarados

The Gyarados attempted to counter-attack against the attacks; however, she failed, and slumped to the ground, finally taken down for the moment. Sighing, Jenny shrugged with a smile, and recalled her final Pokémon, nodding to Evan.

[Hades]
IC: Evan Tierra

"You did well, my friends!", Evan said happily, "You fought gallantly and mightily!"

At the sound of his praise, all of Evan's Pokémon rushed towards him as he walked towards Jenny. Evan smiled very happily at Jenny as he drew closer.

"But I must thank you the most.", Evan said as he got closer, "Without you and your Pokémons help, I would have remained wracked with guilt. Please accept this in return...."

With that, Evan gave Jenny a big hug, blushing the whole time.

"You not only have great strength, but the compassion to back it up", Evan said, "Such a thing is wonderful. It means you can be mighty without it going to your head. I'd like to ask you: Will you join me in my pursuit of true power? Something tells me the world will need something like that shortly."

[blade]

Jenny blushed slightly herself, not exactly expecting the hug, but then smiled.
"I thought I'd return the favour from six months ago." Jenny responded, and then nodded at Evan's question.
"I'd be glad to. There are things I could still learn, and, well, I think my team will need a little more training to get used to their forms, since most just evolved twice, so yeah..." Jenny said with a chuckle, really thinking that her team needed some help to reach their full potential.

[Parugi]
OOC: Sooo, apparently social lives are actual things, guys. Who woulda thought it? xp

IC - Sonja Baron - Alamo Forest Arena: "Steady, Atum," Sonja said softly, easing her own body in synch with the Rhyhorn's. The Spikes Pokémon planted his feet squarely on the ground, watching Hozikimaru's movements, watching the Swords Dance, watching the rush... The Rock-Ground Type breathed slowly, closing his eyes, concentrating...

The thudding of feet on ground filled Atum's ears, prompting his eyes to snap open once again. As soon as Hozikimaru was in range--as soon as he had swung out at Atum--the ground around the Rhyhorn exploded with energy, launching rock and dirt in every direction and creating a veil of airborne sand that surrounded him. Atum's Ancientpower glowed intensely, the rocks flowing slowly around him with an air of purpose, before shooting forth directly at the Dewott.

IC - Kyle Eston/Jupiter - R&D: "This is it," Kyle said, slowing down before the door to the Research and Development lab. Jupiter, too, shifted from a run to a walk, clearly frowning as they approached the entrance to Vert's domain. Uneasily, Kyle watched the Galactic Admin, still preoccupied with figuring out what she was thinking. "So, why did you want to come here, exactly?"

"Tierra and I ran into a woman at the elevators who claimed to be the head of the science department," Jupiter answered. "Meghan Vert. Do you know her?"

"I do," Kyle affirmed. "She gave us equipment to use against the Darkrai." Faulty equipment, he silently added. "Go on."

"Well, she made a few... curious comments about Tierra's control over space," Jupiter continued. Kyle raised an eyebrow. "The implication was that she wanted to reactivate his spacial abilities. Her wording made it sound a bit more extreme than one might like."

"So you think she might've done something?"

"I think it's a possibility," Jupiter said. "I would like to know for certain."

The Liberty Agent said nothing, contemplating this. If Vert had, in fact, done something like that, then he really wasn't sure what he was supposed to do--that was something meant to be dealt with by the likes of Goldhawk and Blackskull, people who actually held power within the organization. On top of that, they didn't really have any definitive proof--Evan had looked fine, if a bit angry, when they had initially seen him; would he have even been able to leave if Vert had done something to him? If all of their--Jupiter's--suspicions rested on words and the fact that Evan had just happened to collapse outside of the lab, they couldn't rightfully accuse Vert of anything.

Not to mention, how could Jupiter be trusted? She was a Galactic Admin, after all, her evidence was flimsy at best with no way to really support it, and she had been an enemy of Team Liberty for at least as long as the other Hojohsin groups. On the flip side, he had no real reason to trust Vert, either--he did not know her; the only thing she had ever done to benefit him or his friends was giving him, Ryan, and Ray their elemental armor, which had hardly helped them when they needed it...

After a while, he sighed.

"I'll take you to talk to her, if they'll even let us see her," Kyle said. "Just try not to start a fight."

"Fine," Jupiter said. "It all depends on how she reacts, really."

Right, Kyle thought, approaching the door. It's that simple.

IC - Executive Vert - Research & Development Lab: "It's Normal-Type," Vert answered. "So it has neutral traits virtually across the board. Most of the abilities that it is capable of are support moves, but in terms of physical enhancements, it's probably the best that we have." She shrugged. "There is not that much else to say about it, really."

[Detranix]
IC - Vicens - Opelucid:

Feral Tierra snapped his fingers in frustration, sensing Evan's mind being cleared once more. Swearing under his breath, he turned to Vicens. "I figured someone with enough power as you have would be able to do much more than that," Feral grumbled. Vicens, on the other hand, was still fairly emotionless, sending a feeling of unease over to Feral, who literally just swatted it away. "Are you really so weak as to lose control over him so quickly?" The young man simply smiled.

"The seeds have been planted, which was the main intention," Vicens replied coolly. Turning to Feral, he stepped towards the darkness-filled man, staring him face to face. "Death changes the way that you think; you can't always just rush in headfirst; it is best to have a long-term plan, with many, many possible outcomes." Saying the last line with a smile, Vicens backed away, his next words carrying an almost mocking tone to them. "Besides... Who are you to be judging power? What are you even capable of?"

~Det

[blade]

Ray looked in surprise; as the rocks floated around Hozukimaru, and then slammed into him rapidly, sending the Dewott flying away; bruised and battered, and finally fainted.
"Wow... You were in control there pretty much the whole match, very good job, Sonja." Ray said with a smile, as he nodded to the Liberty trainer and recalled his Dewott; not sure if they were continuing the match after that or not.

[Parugi]
IC - Sonja Baron - Alamo Forest Arena: Sonja smiled back at Ray. "I try," she said. "But, really, it's the Pokémon that do all of the work. Good job, Atum!" Her Rhyhorn peered back at her appreciatively as she recalled him to his Pokéball. Sonja pulled two more from her belt. "You up for a quick double battle to finish this off?"

[blade]

"Sure; sounds good to me." Ray said with a nod, as he chose two other Pokémon, and sent them out first this time; Zangetsu and Byakuya appearing from the spheres, as they assumed fighting positions quickly, waiting for Sonja's move once more.

[Konuju]
Ryan scrolled through his Pokedex as he walked through the hallways, searching for anything that resembled the black dragon-like Pokémon the Liberty tech had described. Zekrom was an obvious match, but seeing how until recently that Pokémon had been in the hands of one of Unova's Heroes of Legend, it seemed unlikely that Zekrom was the Pokémon that had chased after Ruby. For all he knew, the Pokémon he was looking for wasn't even registered in his Pokedex.

My Pokedex... well, I guess it isn't really my Pokedex, the Liberty agent mused. It belongs to Ruby. If I find him -- when I find him -- he'll probably want his Pokedex back. It was obvious that Ryan would have to give up the Pokedex. After all, it wasn't rightfully his. Yet during the past year he had grown used to relying on it whenever he found himself facing an unfamiliar Pokémon. How would he fare as a trainer without the little device?

Forcing the unsettling thought from his mind, Ryan turned his attention back to the Pokémon scrolling across the Pokedex's screen. He stopped at an unfamiliar one, a black and blue dragon with hints of purple. Strangely, the Pokémon was marked as "seen," even though Ryan did not recognize it. He glanced at the name: Hydreigon.

Glancing through the data, Ryan saw that the dragon was native to Unova. If Hydreigon was the Pokémon that had chased Ruby, then Ruby wouldn't have been able to identify it -- the Pokedex hadn't been upgraded with data on Unova Pokémon until the Manaphy Mission last November. Could the Pokedex have recognized Hydreigon when it had been upgraded and automatically marked it as seen?

As Ryan pondered this thought, he turned a corner and nearly ran into Kyle and Jupiter at the door to the Research and Development lab. "Oh, hey there," he said sheepishly, pocketing the Pokedex. He looked up at the Galactic Admin. "Hey, wasn't Evan supposed to be your escort?" he asked.

[Parugi]
IC - Sonja Baron - Alamo Forest Arena: "Zangoose and Bisharp, huh? This should be interesting." Sonja tossed her own Poké Balls into the air. Each opened and released a jagged stream of white energy, which shot toward the ground and formed the shapes of Loki and Athena. The Gurdurr grinned, striking a pose without much care for his opponents, while the Pidove nibbled at her wing, covertly examining the competition.

"Alright, guys, let's show them what we've got!" Sonja called. "Loki, start out with Bulk Up! Athena, stand by." Loki began flexing his muscles, striking poses with the action, as he and Athena waited to see what Ray would do...

IC - Kyle Eston/Jupiter - R&D Department Door: "Ryan!" Kyle said in surprise, visibly relieved to see his fellow Liberty Agent. "Perfect timing." He nodded to Jupiter. "Evan is supposed to be with her, but he's in the infirmary right now--he collapsed out here not too long ago, so we're going to see if Executive Vert knows what might've happened." He looked down at the case that still held his Power Suit, realizing that he had never actually gotten a chance to talk to her about it. "And check in about this, too, while I'm here." Kyle lifted the case slightly to indicate it.

He noticed Ryan's hand slip into his pocket, but did not ask about it--he was too preoccupied with this Vert-Tierra issue. Besides, it wasn't his business, anyway--if it was something Ryan wanted him, or anyone, to know about, then he would bring it up. Kyle grabbed the door handle, holding it open for Jupiter.

"Care to join us?" he asked Ryan.

OOC: We need to get those Rockets of our moving.

James wondered whether or not his fellow Executive was even listening to herself speak, the tone she was using to describe the suit. Perhaps the words she had spoken translated differently in his brain, but he felt that she had not done it justice.

Not much else to say! I beg to differ, or perhaps rather, not much else needs to be said. You practically list what I would call my ideal power suit and seem to dismiss without a thought.

Would you mind if I tried this suit out with my team? I would like some first-hand experience with this device.

IC: Richard Apollo / Claus Von Diamond
Richard watched Nyx as she he dodged yet another ember. This stage of the battle had not been going well for the bard, who had begun playing a frantic town which did nothing to help the poor Eevees nerves. The Eevee had been reduced to doing nothing but dodging the Tepigs flames which left little opening for Nyx to counterattack. What was worse was that the Tepig had thrown a Flame Charge in meaning the time that Nyx actually did managed to attack the Tepig, the Tepig had actually managed to dodge.

Claus then ordered Tepig to once again try and hit Nyx with a Flame Charge. Richard however, had been actually hoping for it.

Quick sidestep and use Wish!

The Eevee dodged (or at least mostly, some singed fur aside) the charging Tepigs attack in the nick of time before casting Wish to prepare to heal itself.

Now! Charge at him with Quick Attack!

What Richard had been expecting was Claus to try and use the opportunity to lay a strong blow on Nyx which would then be healed.

Porky use smog.

The Tepig breathed in before exhaling a noxious gas towards the charging Eevee. The Eevee managed to lay a light blow on the other and heal off his own damage, poison had set in.

Well thats gonna put a damper on things.

The rest of the confrontation provided no further opportunities for Nyx to attack. The Tepig from that point on kept using Flame Charge which allowed him to keep up with and eventually outpace the Eevees Quick Attack. When Claus saw that Porky had surpassed Nyx in speed he decided it was time.

Now finish with Superpower!

Porky grew blue before leaping on Nyx, unleashing the fullest amount of physical force he could into his opponent. Poor Nyx fell unconscious pretty quickly after that.

As Richard recalled the poor Eevee he remarked Well one double knock-out, one switch in domination and well, that, I say we call it a draw.

Fair enough, though Claus turned towards the Tepig who had collapsed on the ground out of exhaustion from the Superpower, I think the lead goes to you.

[Konuju]
"Evan collapsed?" Ryan said, raising an eyebrow. "Of course I'll join you... I'd like to find out what exactly happened." Ryan would have told Kyle what he had learned about the Pokedex, but he wasn't sure how much he could trust Jupiter. He decided he'd wait until the Galactic Admin was out of earshot before explaining his discovery. And so Ryan kept silent as he followed behind Jupiter.

[Parugi]
OOC: Indeed we do, Minun. Sorry about that--I had actually meant to include an IC for them in my last post and ended up being too busy with other stuff to finish it. And similar attempts in this post failed as well... bleh.

IC - Executive Meghan Vert - R&D Lab: Vert raised an eyebrow at James, genuinely surprised. In her experience, most agents tended to be more interested in one specific area of combat--be that a single type or a single facet of physical or special ability--and had little care for anything that sought a totally middle-ground approach. It was the curse of the Jack-of-all-Trades--the fact that they were a master of none of the myriad of abilities that they possessed. If someone wanted to use make use of the Normal-Type suit, however... Well, who was she to complain?

The Executive nodded, typing something into her touch pad. "By my guest," she said. "Perhaps you'd be interested in a thorough test run of the suit..." Vert peered at him over the rim of her glasses. "A battle against another suit, in other words."

IC - Kyle Eston/Jupiter - R&D Department: Kyle nodded appreciatively at Ryan as the pair entered the research department. No one seemed to pay them much attention--they all appeared to be too preoccupied in their own work to care, particularly as anything breakable was located behind glass. Kyle took particular note of this, crossing his arms and peering into several work areas. The focus that was being put into whatever developmental projects were going on was impressive, but the general lack of workers in the area was, in his opinion, cause for concern--a place like this, after all, needed a high level of security, did it not?

He shook his head, turning to look for Jupiter. She was preoccupied with a set of blueprints that had been set aside on a nearby desk. The frown on her face suggested that she did not like whatever it was she was seeing. From what he could see, the blueprints seemed to detail the specifications of the full-body Power Suits that Vert's messenger had hinted at. Glancing briefly at Ryan, Kyle approached her, flipping the folder closed on the paper. The Galactic Admin looked up in surprise, her gaze quickly shifting to an annoyed glare.

"Sorry, but that's a private document," he said. "Not for any of us to see--and not what we came here for."

"Sorry--she concerns me," Jupiter responded.

"Just take a seat," he said. She did, leaving him to continue looking for Vert. Finding no sign of her in the lab, Kyle opened his Pokétch,

[Parugi]
OOC: Indeed we do, Minun. Sorry about that--I had actually meant to include an IC for them in my last post and ended up being too busy with other stuff to finish it. And similar attempts in this post failed as well... bleh.

IC - Executive Meghan Vert - R&D Lab: Vert raised an eyebrow at James, genuinely surprised. In her experience, most agents tended to be more interested in one specific area of combat--be that a single type or a single facet of physical or special ability--and had little care for anything that sought a totally middle-ground approach. It was the curse of the Jack-of-all-Trades--the fact that they were a master of none of the myriad of abilities that they possessed. If someone wanted to use make use of the Normal-Type suit, however... Well, who was she to complain?

The Executive nodded, typing something into her touch pad. "By my guest," she said. "Perhaps you'd be interested in a thorough test run of the suit..." Vert peered at him over the rim of her glasses. "A battle against another suit, in other words."

IC - Kyle Eston/Jupiter - R&D Department: Kyle nodded appreciatively at Ryan as the pair entered the research department. No one seemed to pay them much attention--they all appeared to be too preoccupied in their own work to care, particularly as anything breakable was located behind glass. Kyle took particular note of this, crossing his arms and peering into several work areas. The focus that was being put into whatever developmental projects were going on was impressive, but the general lack of workers in the area was, in his opinion, cause for concern--a place like this, after all, needed a high level of security, did it not?

He shook his head, turning to look for Jupiter. She was preoccupied with a set of blueprints that had been set aside on a nearby desk. The frown on her face suggested that she did not like whatever it was she was seeing. From what he could see, the blueprints seemed to detail the specifications of the full-body Power Suits that Vert's messenger had hinted at. Glancing briefly at Ryan, Kyle approached her, flipping the folder closed on the paper. The Galactic Admin looked up in surprise, her gaze quickly shifting to an annoyed glare.

"Sorry, but that's a private document," he said. "Not for any of us to see--and not what we came here for."

"Sorry--she concerns me," Jupiter responded.

"Just take a seat," he said. She did, leaving him to continue looking for Vert. Finding no sign of her in the lab, Kyle opened his Pokétch, finding her number in the database and sending the Executive a message to inform her of their need to speak with her. He looked at Ryan and Jupiter, clicking the device shut. "Give it a minute..."

[Konuju]
As Kyle closed his Poketch, Ryan nodded and began to look around the lab. It was clear that several projects were in development, but at a glance Ryan had no idea what many of them were supposed to be.

He turned to the Galactic Admin, who continued to stare coldly at the folder Kyle had closed. "You said Vert 'concerns' you," Ryan said with a frown. "What do you mean by that, exactly?"

James had a different way of looking at the suit than his fellow Executive. If the suit was going to power himself in all ways beyond his normal state, then why would he want to throw in those annoying weaknesses that all the other suits had that could quickly tear through him. And he was pretty sure that a Machamp punching him in the side hurts terribly regardless of whether he had a specific "weakness" to it or not, his side aching as a testament to it. Plus he had no intentions of fundamentally changing his fighting style from what it already was: guiding his Pokémon against his foes, only now he could truly support them.

Then he heard something off. It involved placing himself in direct path of pain and danger, if controlled. An idea to place him in direct combat versus another person wielding a suit.

"...That is kind of missing my intention on how I plan on using this suit... and yet, if push does come to shove..."

James mulled it over for a while. True he wanted to test the capabilities of the suit himself and he did know how to fight (Rocket training will teach you that, though his marks on that portion... could have been higher).

"If I could ask for a minor modification to your test I would be fine with it. Just add in one Pokémon to each side. That would be more in line with how I intend to use the suit."

Page 117

[Hades]

IC – Evan Tierra, Deserted Island

"Very well, we shall pursue true strength together.", Evan said  as he broke the embrace and returned his pokemon, "After we finish this assignment. Beheeyem, teleport us back to Four Island."

The Beheeyem, who had distanced himself from the battle, nodded and engulfed the two Plasma Agents and itself in psychic energy and teleported them off the island.....

[Parugi]

IC - Executive Meghan Vert/Jupiter/Kyle Eston - R&D Department:

The Executive's eyes drooped slightly in annoyance, though this could barely be seen given the angle her head was at as she looked at her data pad. "You'll have to excuse me for my lack of mind-reading abilities," Vert responded drily. "I'm not picky about the exact circumstances of the match--I'm only interested in seeing how two suits fare against each other. Or against real Pokémon, come to think of it... hm..."

With a short shake of her head, Vert pressed a finger to the collar of her coat, prompting a small light to click on. "Officer Ross, please make your way down to the testing facility--we'll be running a test of Power Suits T-08 and T-13 in approximately ten minutes." Evidently this was a microphone connected to a speaker system, as Vert's voice echoed down from the area above where she and James stood. Moving her hand, she gestured to the Normal-Type suit. "He'll be down in a moment. In the meantime..." She handed James a bodysuit from a shelf near the Normal-Type display case. "Put this on and step in front of the case, facing away from it. We have those fancy mechanical arm-robots that will dress you up and adjust the armor as needed."

With a short wave, she turned and headed toward the stairwell.

Jupiter glanced at Kyle, as if asking the Liberty Agent for permission to speak, though he was too preoccupied with his Pokétch to notice. The Galactic Admin shifted her gaze back to Ryan, placing a hand on top of the folder.

"What I mean is that she has an entirely unhealthy lust for power," Jupiter answered. "It was the same with Mars and Cyrus--Team Galactic itself in its early days. Besides..." She lifted up the file. "What else can you make of someone so determined to replicate the power of Pokémon in humans?"

"I'm still not sure how you could gather all of that from a single conversation," Kyle chimed in.

"She was not particularly subtle about it, you know," the Galactic Admin flatly answered. "Pressing the issue of unlocking power over Space when the person who could bear those powers continues to say 'no' only leaves so much room for interpretation."

"Officer Ross, please make your way down to the testing facility--we'll be running a test of Power Suits T-08 and T-13 in approximately ten minutes."

All three jumped at the sudden announcement. Across the lab, in what appeared to be a security office, the sound of a chair rolling against the ground prompted Kyle to peek around the corner, watching the officer--evidently Ross--exit the room. The man did not seem to notice the three trainers as he approached and opened a door nearby, quickly disappearing through it. Kyle slipped out of the room, hurrying over to the door and catching it before it could close again. A stairwell led down into another section of the lab; judging from the security panel next to the door, it was not meant to be accessed by just anyone. Jupiter and Ryan followed Kyle, waiting behind him.

"Are we going down there or not?" the Galactic Admin asked after a moment.

"One second." Kyle furrowed his eyebrows, listening. Ross's footsteps--a rapid set of sharp claps--resounded off of the metal-plated walls, slowly disappearing as he moved further and further away. However, another person was also approaching, taking slower, more deliberate steps. Kyle had just begun to wave Jupiter and Ryan back when a green-haired, bespectacled woman holding a flat computer-like device rounded the corner and began to climb the stairs. She stopped as soon as she saw the three trainers above her, raising her eyebrows in surprise.

"My, my; if it isn't Kyle Eston and Ryan Sanders--and Admin Jupiter, as well," she said, resuming her ascent. "How may I help you?"

IC - Shadow Admin Joker/Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Abyss: Though not a single Rocket in their group of five possessed psychic powers, all could pick up on the altogether furious aura that permeated throughout the hallway leading to Joker's office. It was not so much a direct visual anomaly--a colored outline of some object, for instance, or a slightly reddish hue to the very air itself--so much as simply a powerful feeling of anger that radiated from the very walls, floor, and ceiling around them. Half of Gavin's Pokémon--those who were at least part Psychic-Type--could all sense it, and in turn, they, too, bristled with their own feelings of unease, which only grew stronger the closer they came to Joker's office.

They slowed as Anderson did, stopping in front of the metal door. The Senior Technician moved to open it, visibly hesitating. Gavin couldn't blame him: Considering everything that had happened in the past day, from "Mr. Rage's" reappearance (We seriously ought to reconsider that codename... Gavin mentally sighed) to being shot at by a Ford Agent to Leviathan's corruption-slash-loss of control and demise to the sheer (albeit fairly contained) damage done to Goldenrod... The Rocket Agent completely understood why one might not want to approach a trainer as powerful as Joker.

Still, it had to be done. So, with one last look at Ethan--as if to reaffirm once again that Joker's attacker had, in fact, been Quincy Adams, a question that had been posed at least seven times on the way down--Anderson knocked, and then opened the door. Very slowly, he entered the room, Gavin, Ethan, Jamie, and Lucia filing in behind him.

The room was dark. With Abyss located underground, there was no sunlight to be--though, given the time of day, that likely would not have done much in any case. Joker was seated at her desk, elbows on the tabletop, head bowed, fingers to her temples, and eyes closed. The few lights turned on around the room flickered every few seconds, adding yet another layer to the feelings of danger. In the moment of silence that they bore witness to, Gavin couldn't help but glance around the room, having never actually visited Joker's office in the past. It was surprisingly comfortable, not at all what he would have expected from Joker, given her general personality. Purple appeared to be the primary decoration color, present in more shades than could be counted. On the wall to the left of Joker's desk was a billboard covered in pictures of two children--a boy and a girl--with the odd snapshot of Joker and a tall man thrown in at random points, and occasionally one with all four present.

It did not take much brainpower to figure out who the people in the pictures were--particularly as the boy's thin, almond-shaped, purple eyes matched Joker's exactly. No sooner had the thought crossed Gavin's mind than did Joker's own eyes open. They glowed briefly in the dark, the light flickering again behind her. As the psychic glow faded, the lamps steadied. At the same time, the pressure of anger slowly began to lift.

"What is it?" she asked. The words were harsh, but her tone was not the same as usual. It was more tired--exhausted. Again, Gavin could understand.

"Shadow Admin, ma'am," Ethan said. "Sorry to interrupt, but we thought it might interest you to know that we know the identity of the woman who attacked you in Goldenrod. Her name is Quincy Adams, and she--"

At the mere mention of the name, the room flashed with danger again. Gavin, Ethan, Lucia, and Jamie all felt as if an arrow had pierced their minds; suddenly, images of Adams, the train, that weird dimension, Pryce, those... things all came back to the front of their memory. It was doubly forceful for Ethan, as his mind surged with the events that had happened in Azalea Town several months before. Anderson glanced in surprise at them as they doubled over and reeled back, temporarily stunned by the sheer force of the mental invasion.

"Anderson," Joker said sharply. "Out." He did not hesitate to comply, quickly disappearing into the hall. The door shut behind him. "You four, explain how you know who she is. Now."

OOC: Just an FYI, I'll have an X and Y-related announcement for you guys on October 11th in the discussion topic.

[JiMing]

IC: Aspen and Olivia Seaton"So uh, where were we supposed to go again?"

[Konuju]

Ryan was surprised by Jupiter's suspicions. He had always thought of the Power Suits as a way for trainers to strengthen bond with their Pokemon by allowing them to fight alongside their trusted friends. The idea that Vert was using these suits for her own selfish gain seemed absurd. But from what Jupiter had said, it sounded like Vert could be responsible for whatever had happened to Evan. If that was true...

Ryan was caught off guard when the Liberty Executive appeared at the bottom of the stairs. He fumbled for his words as Vert slowly climbed up towards them. "I-I... we were just ah..." Glancing at Kyle for help, Ryan saw the briefcase in his hand. "We're here to talk to you about our Power Suits." The moment the words were out of his mouth, Ryan remembered that his own Power Suit was still in his dorm. He had meant to grab it on his way from the technicians' wing, but after the rather... interesting situation with Ray and Sonja, he had done his best to avoid the dorms altogether.

"We also thought you should know that Evan Tierra collapsed out in the hallway not too long ago," Ryan added. He studied Vert's face as she ascended the stairs, looking for a reaction to the news about Evan.

Page 118

[Hades]

IC: Evan Tierra, Lab

"Something terrible, yet familiar is on it's way.", Evan said, "Something much more powerful than that small fry of a Spacial Horror."

Evan shook his head and reached into his bag and produced several bands of varying colors.

"However, that thing will not have these.", Evan said, smiling broadly, "These are power items, which bring out a pokemon's potential. But there is a cost, they slow down the pokemon that's wearing them considerably. My team's done their training with them, now it's your turn. What do you say?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Once Aspen and Olivia dusted themselves off the ground, they checked their surroundings.

"Ah yes," Olivia realized. "It was Slateport that I visited a while ago.""How far are we from Dahlia's location?" asked Aspen.

"If memory serves correct, we shouldn't be far at all." Olivia responded.

-==IC: Zach==-"A bit of a walk, but yeah." Zach said, as he double checked his Pokegear to confirm the course."We could make it there soon enough, we're only like three towns over from where Rustburo is, especially since they finished that tunnel a while back." Zach explained, as he sighed, as it would still be a kinda fair trek to actually reach the place from there; but it's what the group had signed up for.

OOC: I am just going to continue this battle from my last post.

IC: Jake

"Squirtle, use Withdraw!" Jake quickly ordered Squirte, knowing that Squirtle's Rain Dish ability would heal him over time. Squirtle quickly withdrew into his shell just as the Assurance hit him. He skidded backwards across the muddy ground. "Now, use Rapid Spin!" Jake commanded. Squirtle quickly corrected his momentum and, while spinning rapidly, shot towards the Pawniard, aiming for its stomach.

"More powerful than the Spacial Horror?" Ryan repeated. He remembered Evan telling them about the spacial anomaly that had been created when he had lost control of his powers. The Liberty trainer shuddered, realizing just how serious this situation was. He glanced over at Jupiter. "You don't suppose that girl who destroyed Team Galactic's base has tracked you down?" he asked, wondering if that girl could be the person Evan was referring to.

Before the Galactic Admin could respond, Evan pulled out several colorful bands, offering them to the group.

The light blue band caught Ryan's eye. He recognized it as a Power Anklet -- an item that helped a Pokémon to build its speed. "My Mareep could use that anklet," he said. "She's a fairly strong attacker, but speed isn't really her strong suit."

Edited by Konuju

"You know, this place is sorta like Olivine in that it's also a harbor town." Aspen mentioned.

"True, but we'd best not stay around for the sights. Dahlia is waiting, and plus, we'll see plenty of harbor towns when we return to Olivine." Olivia responded.

OOC: Read paragraph breaks where they normally should be, until this thing works. >_>'

"Yeah." Zach said, as he looked around, the group headed toward a house that they were nearing. "Let's not stop, though, we have a ways walk still." Zach said, as they passed by the house and kept going through the route without even thinking about the house.

Edited by An/A Blade

-==IC: Zach/Ryan==-

Zach frowned, as he closed his eyes, still walking forward. "I've been wondering about that a while. I don't understand quite why either, though, all the people seem almost random..." Zach said, and Ryan shook his head.

"No, you've missed something." The brother stated, and Zach suddenly stopped, as he looked over at Ryan.

"What do you mean?" Zach asked, and Ryan sighed.

"Since Jessie was captured, this guy obviously had an ulterior motive. Even if it was a longshot connection, she's connected to me, who is obviously connected to you, and you two interacted a lot in the past. So, while I was waiting, I went over the info that guard who got me out sent me, and it turns out that everyone so far, has, at one point, interacted with you." Ryan said, and Zach's eyes widened, and he then looked away, and sighed.

"... I had thought that was a possibility. Right from the start, the only reason I got involved was because Dahlia and Aspen were being attacked; though I hadn't heard about Aspen being there right at the start..." Zach muttered, and then nodded. "He was trying to grab my attention. It all makes sense now... But why? What purpose does this all even serve...?"

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Ratchet Gordon (Driftveil City)

Driftveil city was drowsy this early in the morning, and Ratchet Gordon was no exception. He had, however, gotten up early to meet up with Forrest, who'd spent his night in the park a few blocks from the Pokémon center.

Forrest was an odd one when it came to pokéballs. On one hand, he preferred to say outside, but on the other hand, like most pokémon with this attitude, he didn't have anything particularly against it either. Ratchet had eventually arrived at the conclusion that Forrest quite simply didn't care, and had left it at that.

The sun played through the treebranches as Ratchet walked onto the grounds. Across the park was the way to the Driftveil Drawbridge leading to Central Unova. Ratchet could almost feel the devastation that he knew was still sending its shockwaves across the region.

Leaning against a tree, Ratchet suddenly felt a pricking sensation on his shoulder, he looked up to see Forrest beaming down at him with unpredented mischief in his eyes.

"Oh no, don't even think about it" Ratchet yawned "I'm so not in the mood"

"Scep" Forrest grunted in response, before he stretched out on the branch he'd perched himself on. Clearly he wasn't very restless himself.

"Good idea" Ratchet agreed, and dozed off sitting against the tree, with the sun keeping him nice and warm...

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Summary of Missing Interactions

Sonja Baron vs. Ray Hakuda

--Characters involved: Sonja Baron, Ray Hakuda

After separating from Kyle and Jenny, Ray and Sonja opted to have a short training battle in one of the Alamo’s elemental arenas. Fighting in the Forest Arena, the battle began as a 1v1 with Sonja’s Rhyhorn, Atum, facing off against Ray’s Dewott, Hozukimaru. Surprisingly, Atum turned out to be the victor. They continued on to have a double battle—Sonja using her Gurdurr, Loki, and her Pidove, Athena, against Ray’s Zangoose, Zangetsu, and Bisharp, Byakuya. The formers’ combined efforts allowed them to take down Byakuya, but Athena fell soon after, and the fight ultimately ended in a draw between Loki and Zangetsu. The two trainers proceeded to shake hands and decided to return to their friends.

Power Suit Testing

--Characters involved: James Arthur, Meghan Vert, Officer David Ross, Officer Lin

After witnessing a demonstration of the capabilities of Executive Meghan Vert’s Steel-Type power suit, James Arthur requested his own test run of the Normal-Type suit. Vert agreed, and the two decided on a two-on-two match against another suit-wearing Liberty Agent, named Ross, with each using one of their own Pokémon. After retrieving his Scizor from his office, James met Ross on the test field, the two prepared for battle—Vert observing, and with Ross utilizing the Flying-Type suit and a Breloom.

Suit Stats

T-08 "Flying" -------- T-13 "Normal"

Agility: * * * * * * ---- Agility: * * *

Durability: * -------- Durability: * * *

Mind: * * * ------------- Mind: * * *

Special: * * -------- Special: * * *

Strength: * * ------- Strength: * * *

Support: * * * * ---- Support: * * *

Confrontation with Vert

--Characters involved: Ryan Sanders, Kyle Eston, Jupiter, Meghan Vert, Evan Tierra, Jenny Hakuda

After Evan Tierra’s collapse outside of the Research and Development department, Kyle Eston, Ryan Sanders, and Galactic Admin Jupiter decided to speak with Executive Vert to see if she knew what might have happened to him. Waiting in the lab, they discussed Jupiter’s accusations about Vert’s involvement with Evan’s collapse, the Galactic Admin telling the two Liberty Agents about a number of disconcerting comments that the Liberty Executive had made about Evan’s spatial powers earlier on. As Vert returned to the observation deck for the impending Power Suit test, she encountered the three, and after being told of Evan’s condition and figuring out the implications toward herself, truthfully denied any involvement with Evan’s collapse. At that same moment, Evan and Jenny Hakuda reappeared, the pair having teleported to a secluded island instead of to the Alamo’s hospital. Evan confirmed that Vert had not been involved.

Apologizing, Kyle also requested that Vert look into the condition of the original experimental suit that she had loaned him months earlier. Vert agreed to look into it later, before departing to oversee the battle between Ross and James Arthur. Evan explained that something more dangerous than either Vert or Feral—a monstrous copy of himself that had been inadvertently created much earlier on—had struck him, prompting a discussion on how to combat this situation.

Confession to Joker

--Characters involved: Joker, Ethan Worth, Jamie Arthur, Gavin Braner, Lucia

After having their minds forcefully scanned by her, Gavin Braner, Ethan Worth, Jamie Arthur, and Lucia explained what had happened between their selves, the assassins Lafoyae Belrose and Jackson Sang, and Quincy Adams to Joker, describing their encounter in another dimension with the former Gym Leader, Pryce, and the strange pool-like substance that seemed to be in control of him. Thus explained, they were granted permission to help Joker capture Adams, and were ordered to keep their knowledge a secret until the Shadow Admin had located the Ford Agent. Leaving her office, the group decided to split up for the night to train and do other various things, meet up the next day, and if Joker had not discovered anything by then, would embark on a mission together.

Meetings

--Characters involved: Jake Harris, Justin Iredsi, Arius Jacobson, Zac Blazer, others?

Various characters, some old, but most of them new, departed from different areas and met up together. Jake and Justin agreed to battle each other, using Squirtle and Pawniard respectively, and Arius decided to watch on the sidelines. [Requesting more specific information from anyone who can offer any.)

Tracking Dahlia

--Characters involved: Aspen Seaton, Olivia Seaton, Zach Hikari, Ryan Hikari

After deliberating on Dahlia Seaton’s kidnapping for some time, Zach finally had a breakthrough and realized that she may have been taken to a town in Hoenn. After figuring out whether anyone had been there, they arranged a teleporter and headed off to investigate.

Let me know in the Discussion Topic if I'm missing anything on here--which I'm sure I am.

Sonyaxe: Though it's generally better to let the other player confirm that their Pokémon got hit, there are a few situations where there is no way that they could have avoided it, so, I guess the answer would be yes.

IC - Sonja Baron - Alamo Forest Arena: Sonja broke their hand shake, beginning to walk toward the Arena's exit. Ray followed behind. "Kyle said he was going to talk to the people at the Science Department, right?" she said. "Let's go by there; he and Jenny might still be there."

IC - Kyle Eston/Jupiter - R&D Lab: Jupiter shook her head at Ryan, crossing her arms. "I doubt it," she said. "Why would someone with powers like hers attack Tierra, when he poses no threat to her without his own powers?"

Kyle stepped away for a moment to think, turning his back on the others and staring down the hallway that Vert had walked through. Briefly, he closed his eyes, considering the topic of discussion--what Jupiter had reported, and this apparently new threat. He could feel Suicune's mental voice pressing against his mind, as if she wanted to say something, but he figured it would be best to ignore it for the moment. Letting someone else experience the rush of dread and half-panic that was building in his own head would be rather cruel, in his opinion.

After a moment, he looked back at the others. "Sorry to interrupt, but can we take this elsewhere?" he asked, remembering Vert's request moments before. "It's getting crowded."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

"Right." Ray said with a nod, recalling that too. "Hopefully everyone else had the same idea somehow; would make tracking the others down just that much easier." Ray commented with a chuckle.

Edited by An/A Blade

OOC: Thanks for getting up those posts. Now we have a partial history on what was lost. And yeah, that plot involving mine and Blade's characters seems correct.

"So I guess it really was all to bring you out." Appen sighed. "I can't say I'm too surprised, someone with a Raikou screams 'important person'.""A Raikou?" muttered Olivia. "Do tell, this sounds very interesting..."

OOC: Considering that everything for that was like the day or two before everything took place, I can confirm that's correct, though the exact place seems to be just outside Rustboro; but it could be considered the city, considering it's not exactly far. xP

"Long story, it ended with that incident six months ago, I prefer not to talk too much about it." Zach said, and Ryan also kept quiet for once, since he was just as much as at fault.

"I'd suspect maybe our father again... But there's no way he'd be this subtle about getting you out into the open, and the first incident was right after that happened..." Ryan muttered, and Zach shook his head.

"I agree on the last part, but you have to remember, we're talking about the same person who took about six years to set up a plot that lasted, what, an hour after all his backup plans went wrong?" Zach asked, but Ryan grimaced.

"I dunno. I prefer not to really think about it, but I feel as if he wasn't finished. Like things slightly backfired. I just think he might try things again, but this isn't part of it." Ryan said, but Zach simply nodded.

Edited by An/A Blade

"Uh... Sounds like you've been through quite a bit..." noted Aspen. "I don't think I'd ever want to meet your father. I should be thankful that my life hasn't been as insane as yours, but I still wish I had a Legendary Pokemon at my side during Dahlia's kidnapping...""To have the powers of a god at your fingertips... It must be glorious." said Olivia as she grinned madly.

Zach looked away with a pained look on his face. "... The last time I tried wielding a Legendary more powerful than Raikou, the entire south-east section of Unova was destroyed. You should not covet that sort of power, as it can easily get out of control, as that power took over myself." Zach stated, as he shook his head.

"We'll get her back. But I'll back up what he says; the lower scale legends might seem cool, but then you get the potential for thinking you're too good for just them, and then try to control greater Legends, and then things all go wrong." Ryan said, nodding slightly.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Aspen and Dahlia Seaton

"...I'm so sorry, I can't possibly imagine how devastating that must have been." said Aspen. I can offer my support to you though, if you need it."

"So you're telling me that it's nearly impossible to control power of such scale. I'd be happy to challenge that if the time arises." responded Olivia.

"I'm fine." Zach said, as he closed his eyes. "I've had six months to think about just what went wrong. Rule 1, never trust a supposedly dead parent. Rule 2, never give my brother a legendary. Rule 3, never let me use my psychic powers and/or give me a Legendary more powerful than Raikou." Zach said, though Ryan shot him a glare for the second thing Zach said. "But yes, it is impossible. You would go crazy, be taken over instead, or such, if you alone controlled the absolute full power of a legend. Working together and gaining it's trust, maybe things might go better, but even then, things are more likely to go horribly wrong. It took two people working together to truly control Reshiram; Ryan was already insane at the time and he lost, and I was just utterly taken over by Kyurem, especially when it absorbed Zekrom, so yeah, I think I know what I'm talking about here." Zach stated, looking right at Olivia then.

Edited by An/A Blade

"So humans are really so limited?" muttered Olivia. "Hmph, and here I was thinking that humans had the capability to achieve many things...""Um, wow, so you're psychics, and have dealt with gods? Um... Forgive me if I feel rather... Feeble in comparison." said Aspen.

"Only me." Zach said, as he shrugged. "Honestly, the last few months have been just as confusing and stressful as you seem to think it's confusing. I'd be rather happy if it just didn't happen again." Zach said, as Ryan cleared his throat to get their attention.

"While all this talk is interesting, don't you think we should keep moving?"

Edited by An/A Blade