Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Lohe Mahina - Blackskull's Office

The sunset progressed outside of the building's walls. Night was fast approaching.

Lohe sat in front of Blackskull and yawned for a moment. He was given a cover story about being a diplomat. But frankly it was a stupid story. He was a slouching jerk perennially on the verge of falling asleep. Who would pick -him- to be a diplomat?

"I'm a spy working for one of Alola's top intelligence agencies," he said without a drop of hesitation. "The big shots are bickering their heads off on what to do. Pokemon and their abilities are central to our culture, but the world is literally ending. Different factions formed about what to prioritize and what needs to be done."

Lohe casually stretched his neck from side to side.

"The specific faction I represent in the government would be quite useful in getting the rest of the Alola's democratic government along with the program for fighting M0 and humanitarian work needed to evacuate. Problem is, they're also the biggest hardliners when it comes to dealing with the Pokemon issue first. So they sent me to investigate the disappearance of Pokemon powers and M0. In that order."

As if Lohe had just been talking about the weather for the past minute, he observed his coffee with greater interest than he had shown to the fate of the world.

"You know the beans you used to make this don't smell terrible. Better than what I have had to work with here. Mind telling me your supplier?"

IC: Jamie Arthur - Lumiose City

"Well, I mean, of course I would like to do the hero thing and help, but..." Jamie said looking back towards the group. "They're here because of someone... I do not like very well. I like most of them, but... not the guy who sent them."

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Ryan Sanders - Camp Site, Route 45

Ryan swallowed his eggs. "Well if it's a wild Pokémon, it shouldn't be that hard for us all to overpower it." He did not want to voice the scenario that it might not be a wild Pokémon. After all, the Missing Zero was only at One Island. There was no way it could have spread as far as Johto. Right? "Regardless, we should stick together; you know, buddy system and all that. Because if there is something out there, we don't want to be caught off guard."

IC: Alex Lockwood - Scarlet Café, Lumiose City

"H-hey, be quiet about that!" Alex hastily tried to shush his cousin, but the damage had already been done. He glanced at Colleen nervously. "Well, the Glameow's out of the bag. Please tell me you're a Liberty supporter."

IC: Zoe Llyan - Scarlet Café, Lumiose City

Zoe considered the Ranger's question carefully. "Well . . . it wasn't my Pokémon, but my buddy's Monferno danced on a bad guy's head once." She grinned and took another bite of her croissant. "Esmeralda, Merida, Eilonwy and I play all the time, but we've never really gotten to go on cool missions before. Needless to say, we're all super excited. I bet we'll get lots of cool stories from this adventure!"

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

​IC - Sonja Baron/Kyle Eston/Emmerich Coleman - Campsite, Route 45:

"What concerns me about it is that it seemed to be using attacks," Sonja said. "If it was a Pokémon, it shouldn't have been able to right now." She tapped her fork against her hand as she spoke, but finally shook her head and stabbed the prongs into her eggs. "You're right, though. If it finds us, it finds us, so the best we can do is be ready for it."

Emmerich nodded. "Our best bet would be to continue on our way and do what we can do avoid detection," he said. "If we can stop an engagement before it happens, none of this will be of concern."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Jenny -- Heahea City==-

"Hmm..." The woman bit her lip as she looked around the area. "Not particularly. I never really got to know most of the Pokémon that were here..." Jenny walked ahead a bit to search around better. At first, it seemed that there was nothing there. Then, she saw a flash of red out of the corner of her eye. She grabbed Scizlite's Poké Ball quickly and tossed it forward, ahead of the blur.

"I don't know what that is, but it's worth a look. Head it off, Scizlite!" The trainer called out, as she quickly followed ahead, tracking the mystery blur through the shaking bushes.

-==IC: Colleen -- Scarlet Café, Lumiose City==-

At first, Colleen was wondering what exact meaning that Alex was using to say what he said. Thankfully, Emily clarified rather quickly what she had meant. "I am on a mission, and I am teamed up with the Ranger over there. That's also my sister with her." She pointed back while Alex sputtered about keeping it quiet. "I am more than a supporter too, I'm with them. That's complicated as well, but..."

Colleen thought for a moment as she wondered what to do here. She decided that it might just work out. "I was training here in Kalos for a long, long time, to work on this." She held her left hand up toward the ceiling and created a softly glowing sphere in her hand with a smile, trying to make sure that only the two she was talking with could see it. "I haven't really gotten much of a chance to show anyone this trick for fun... what do you think...?" The aura wielder's voice took on a nervous tone again now that she had actually shown her powers off to someone. She just hoped this wouldn't be a repeat of the past.

-==IC: Olivia -- Outside Looker Bureau, Lumiose City==-

Olivia turned to give Jared a rather deep glare. "Please don't mind my companion, sir. He can be a little stubborn sometimes when it comes to some things." If the boy was a little closer, she would have given a rather sharp elbow for nearly messing up the plan to get themselves some information they wouldn't have otherwise. If he was reading her aura, she hoped he could see just what her plan was.

-==IC: Chloe/Ray -- Camp site, Route 45==-

"Using attacks...?" Chloe turned to look at Ray, who seemed to have fallen quite silent, his eyes wide. "Well... yeah, I agree that we should avoid detection. I..." She bit her lip slightly, as she wanted to say something else that could help them move forward, but she was sure how. She reached for her purse strap. "I believe we can do this." She still looked a little scared, but her hand clenched the strap. "I think we should leave as soon as we can too..."

The woman paused for a moment, as she looked over at Kyle and Sonja worriedly. "Oh, what happened to the Pokémon? Were they able to recover, or...?" She furrowed her eyebrows in worry, hoping that they hadn't succumbed to their wounds.

-==IC: Ryan -- Vermilion City==-

Ryan nodded in acknowledgement as they made their way toward the door. To his surprise, when it opened, he saw Madison and her friends again. "This is a really small world..." The black-haired man said, momentarily caught so off guard that he forgot that they needed to quickly get inside. He shook his head and quickly led the other three inside, though still looked at the newcomers in surprise.

"Was this why you came to Vermilion? Did that guy get a new job as a doorman?" Ryan asked once the door finally closed, pointing a finger toward Dack.

-==IC: Lucia -- Outside Looker Bureau, Lumiose City==-

Oh, that explained a bit more. It also made the situation a lot harder to deal with. Lucia chewed on her lip as she mulled over the options in her head. How could they work this out. . .

She paused. "What if..." The Rocket said slowly, as she placed the pieces together in her head on the fly, trying to find the best way to explain her makeshift plan. "What if we don't officially go with them? Like. . . we can help them and do everything... but we aren't with them, so we wouldn't have to deal with whoever it is you don't like? Since it sorta sounds like they're in a dangerous situation from what little I've caught of all this..." Lucia couldn't tell if her idea made sense or not, but still wanted to try. "So like, we could help them, but not help the guy who sent them."

Still... she wondered what was up. This felt out of the norm for Jamie, but she didn't feel that it was a good idea to question her further at the moment. Not in front of everyone else, at least.

IC: Lafoyae Belrose

Lafoyae maintained her cool. She had endured the screams of her victims, and seen sights that would make even Cobalion flinch. It still unnerved her, but compared to the dimension that M0 hailed from, this was nothing. "A man was killed here, and I wish to visit justice on the one who slew him." The Assassin broadcast evenly. "The dead deserve their rest, but they also deserve to rest on ground unsullied by violence and cruelty. Will you not provide us aid?"

IC: Evan Tierra

Quick as flash, Evan sent out his most nimble Pokemon, Vlad, who clacked his pincers joyfully upon being sent out into the world. His master smiled and pointed forward. "C'mon, Vlad!" Evan said, channeling his hammy spirit. "Let's go find out whatever that is!" With that, the Hero and the Fangscorp followed Jenny and the Scissors Pokemon after the blur.

Edited by Dr. Hidaka

IC - Executive Scott Stone - Memory House, Lavender Town:

Ominous. Probably a trick and nothing more. Still, Scott was taken aback enough that he instinctively placed a hand on Ancient's Poké Ball. It seemed likely that Drake Masters had not been killed by ghosts, but it never hurt to be ready, just in case.

IC - Blackskull - Blackskull's Office, The Alamo:

Lohe's tale was . . . unexpected. It took Blackskull a moment to process it, and even longer to register the whiplash from Lohe's shift in focus. After a moment, he couldn't help but smile, before breaking into a hearty laugh. "You know what? I like you." Blackskull rose to his feet. "If you have time, we can go meet Ford himself right now. My treat." He moved to the computer on his desk, using it to send a message to the prison sector about his impending arrival. Then he stood again, gesturing for Lohe to follow him to the elevators outside his office. "There's a man named Tatum Armbruster. Nice guy, very large. He lives in Keturi. I can give you the address to his cafe once we're done here."

IC - Sonja Baron/Kyle Eston/Emmerich Coleman - Campsite, Route 45:

Sonja nodded. "Then let's finish eating and get everything packed up. The sooner we get out of here, the sooner we find the base, and the sooner we're out of the open."

"The Pokémon are both fine, though," Kyle said, nudging Chloe with a smile. "Sonja's taking care of the dinosaur and I'm taking care of the Onix. Once we get there, Sonja thinks we should be able to find a healing machine." He pulled the Onix's Poké Ball from his belt. "Actually, I wanted to ask--do any of you happen to have any healing items on you? I've got a couple of basic Potions, but they're pretty useless without a Revive."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC

There was a moment of silence, and it seemed like the ghosts were about to attack. Seeing their guests' discomfort, however, the ghost of Drake Masters threw his head back and laughed, which set off the others in the room. The candles relighted, and the forms of dead humans transformed into the shapes of Gastly and Haunter -- and one Gengar where Drake Masters had once stood.

It grinned widely and floated forward to stand in front of Lafoyae Belrose. Its form shimmered, and it turned back into the ghost of Drake Masters, minus the bleeding chest wound. "You wish to know who killed this man?"

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC: Lohe Mahina - Alamo

"Coming," Lohe said simply. Hopefully, this would go well and he could leave. Probably not.

"That sounds..." Jamie muttered her eyes beginning to light. "You sure you don't mind? I thought we came here to get away from things like this?"

-==IC: Chloe/Ray -- Campsite, Route 45==-

Ray dug in his bag for any sign of healing supplies. After his search came up short, he cursed. "I forgot to restock before leaving, sorry..." The ex-Rocket slumped in his seat, but still began to finish his plate quickly. Meanwhile, the psychic woman thought for a second, held up her forefinger as she scarfed down the rest of the food on her plate in record time, and then dug through her purse quickly before she pulled out two Revives.

"Here we go!" Chloe said with a cheerful tone to her voice, as she handed one each to Kyle and Sonja. "I've got some other things if you need them too... I might've come overly prepared, ehehehe..." The woman awkwardly smiled at her last statement, but glanced around to see if anyone needed anything as she began to collect the plates of those who were finished. She glanced at Sonja briefly as she did, but looked away not long after.

-==IC: Lucia -- Outside Looker Bureau, Lumiose City==-

"I don't mind..." Lucia smiled, as she reached out to take Jamie's hand reassuringly. "It might be different than expected, but I'm sure it won't be that bad." She knew it probably was going against her mother's warning. . . but she had a feeling that warning wasn't about this. "So I don't mind in the slightest."

-==IC: Jenny -- Outskirts of Heahea City==-

Jenny quickly followed the rustling bushes as she calculated the path in her head. "Scizlite, cut the path off ahead, there!" She pointed out a larger bush that the Pokémon had yet to get to. The Scizor nodded in acknowledgement quickly before she took off toward it with a burst of wind. The Scizor beat the other Pokémon to the bush, which caused a hissing noise to ring out. A moment later, the Scizor and a black and red cat came tumbling out of the large bush, the cat scratching out at Scizlite's face.

"What is that...?" Jenny wondered out loud with a curious look on her face. She watched as the cat leaped away from her Scizor. She felt nervous after the cat first let out a loud "MROAAW!!!" and then posed. The Scizor didn't seem intimidated at first, as she rushed toward the cat again; however, that changed quickly as a tiny horse appeared from out of nowhere and charged Scizlite. The Scizor had no time to react before she was knocked away.

"... Is that the horse you were wanting, Evan?" Jenny mumbled to the hammy space hero as she noticed the second Pokémon show up.

Edited by Blessed Blade

IC: Emily Lockwood

The Performer's eyes widened, and she grinned. "That's amazing! Is that aura? Where did you learn that?" Emily's mind was working, trying to think of ways to apply aura powers to showcases.

IC: John Ford/Alma Mason - Entrance Hall, Black Horse Manor, Kalos (August 8th)

As the others prepared for the takeoff, John Ford approached Alma Mason. The girl looked up at him and frowned. “Is something the matter, sir?”

Ford took a seat next to Alma. He reached into his coat and pulled out a small book. Alma recognized it immediately. “A little bird named Tyler McKinley found this amongst your possessions. I wonder if you could tell me what it is.”

Alma frowned as she reached for the book. “I suppose the answer to that is pretty obvious, don’t you? It’s a book on rituals and spells, though from what I have seen it differs greatly from your own form of magic.”

The man nodded. “So it would seem. May I ask if you have done that opening ritual?”

“Not yet, no. I am weighing the benefits against the consequences and trying to decide, still.” She sighed, tracing her fingers over the leather-bound volume. “Without power for our Pokémon, it may be the best route for me to take.”

“Power will never come for free. It’s up to each individual to decide if the cost is worth it.” Ford put a hand lightly on the girl’s shoulder. “Whatever you decide, I wish you luck, and I urge you to look to yourself and those around you before resorting to outside forces.”

Alma nodded solemnly and went to join the others.

Edited by MELON LORD

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC: Ryan Sanders - Camp Site, Route 45

Ryan handed Chloe his plate and watched as she handed out the revives to Kyle and Sonja. He stayed quiet, mulling over the fact that whatever had attacked those Pokémon had used attacks. "If the Signs can reverse the magic that caused this power outage, then that attack only emphasizes the importance of our mission." He stood up and moved to start cleaning out his tent in preparation for taking it down. "I agree, we should get moving as soon as possible."

IC: Shannon Willows/Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Luke - Backdoor, Team Rocket Vermillion Outpost

"What?" Dack shot a glare at Ryan. "This isn't my job, I'm just doing this as a favor."

"What Dack meant to say," Madison quickly intervened, "is 'Welcome to Team Rocket's Vermillion Branch. How may we be of service?'"

"Oh, what a happy coincidence seeing you all here!" Shannon smiled at the Snowpoint trainers, then introduced their new companions. "This is Aori, the girl I was telling you about, and this is her friend, Miyu."

Luke gave a low whistle. "That was fast. I thought you would've been searching all day in the city for your kid. Count your lucky stars they didn't get caught up in that riot out there."

IC: Alex Lockwood - Scarlet Café, Lumiose Ciity

Alex had felt relief when the girl revealed herself to be a Liberty agent. His relief quickly turned to shock at her display of powers. "Is that aura?" he said in an awed voice. "That's amazing! So you weren't affected by the whole power outage thing? Hey, your Ranger friend wouldn't happen to know Jake Soren, would she?"

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Evan Tierra

At the sight of the golden-orange Mudbray, Evan's eye lit up like a baby pokemon in a poffin shop. "Yup, that's definitely it!" The man said, grinning. "Vlad, let's not waste any time, slash at it!" The Fangscorp nodded and glided towards the pokemon his trainer seemed fixated on, as slashed at it with his pincher.

The mud donkey grayed out in pain, and bashed her head into Vlad in retaliation, knocking him away. "These two seem to be full of spirit, eh?" Evan said to Jenny enthusiastically. "But, what about that catty looking pokemon. You thinkin' of going after it?"

Telepathic giggling erupted from Lafoyae's mind as the farce made itself clear. "Yes, it is imperative we know, so that the victim may know peace." Lafoyae projected, relief in her mental voice, at the Gengar. "We'd rather not disturb you any longer than we have to, if I may be honest."

Edited by Dr. Hidaka

"Well, I learned from my teacher in Anistar, that was a pretty cool time." Colleen smiled, glad that the two weren't upset or unsettled by the powers. "My powers vanished for a bit after the stuff in the egg, but returned like a couple days ago." She paused as she took the time to consider the second question Alex had asked. "Well, I... can't really say for sure, actually; you could ask if you wanted. Just say I sent you." The aura wielder grinned at Alex for a moment, before she turned her attention back to Emma. "Anything else you wanted to know about aura?"

-==IC: Lucia -- Looker Bureau, Lumiose City==-

Lucia grinned at how excited Jamie seemed to have gotten, then nodded after a moment in agreement. She continued to hold Jamie's hand as she walked over toward the others.

"We're gonna help you out." Lucia announced when they got close enough. She wanted to explain more, but since she didn't really know the situation well herself, she figured that just saying the intent to help them, if not help Xander, would work well enough.

-==IC: Chloe/Ray -- Campsite, Route 45==-

Chloe glanced over at Ryan, as something he said gave her a contemplative look for a few moments. She didn't want to bring it up right at this moment, but something about that felt weird. Was this actually a mission to restore power? Or was it for something else? After all... she thought over the fact that she had her own powers back, and the whole incident with Ryan's Tyranitar. The situation seemed so confusing, but she wasn't about to bring it up, as it gave her a headache thinking about it.

-==IC: Ryan -- Vermilion City==-

"We had to go around the back specifically to avoid that." Ryan said, as he gave a small sigh. He waved for them to walk and talk, as they began to head toward where Miriam would be waiting. "It was so bad that we didn't even get close before I needed to find a different way in."

Edited by Blessed Blade

Emily was about to respond, when somebody poked her from behind. She turned her head and chuckled as she realized  where she and Alex were positioned -- right in the doorway to the backroom.

"Sorry, sorry! How about we continue this talk after we join your friends, dear?" Emily began escorting her cousin and her fan towards the Ranger girl, but paused as she spied the woman at the nearby table. She smiled. "Well, this is a small world. I'll join you all momentarily!" So saying, she made her way over to the table, beaming.

"Aunt Elaine, how are you?"

IC: Yamamoto Aori

Aori looked around the office quietly, hugging Yuri tighter to her chest. Ryan's friends seemed friendly, but they still made Aori nervous. When they briefly turned their attention to her, she thought she would have an 'episode' as her mother called them, but luckily they went back to talking of other things before it came to that. She took a deep breath, and relaxed a bit as she smelled Hana's flowery aroma next to her. The Bulbasaur carefully reached up and wrapped a vine around Aori's arm, squeezing reassuringly.

-==IC: Lionel Zyther==-

Lionel considered the girl's offer. On the one hand, it was Flare; no child, even teenagers on the cusp of adulthood, deserved to bear witness to the horrors of Team Flare. On the other hand, his more cynical side considered, maybe their innocence will distance them from the full ramifications of Flare's plans.

The businessman was torn. The girl's point was sensible, but could he really justify getting involved in their affairs? Would it be better to share with them what he already knew, or insist that Rocket send more experienced agents who could handle Flare's atrocities?

In his indecision, the choice was made for him. With his daughter's announcement, his duty as both citizen and father were clear. "Then you have my aid as well. I'll call my labs in Geosenge immediately, have them prepare the sealed wings for study. Once I've picked up the catalogue from my castle, my team and I will be able to walk you through what we've uncovered so far." Lionel gave Lucia a small smile, able to keep his warring pride and concern off of his face but not quite out of his eyes, before returning his attention to the girl who'd approached him. "Well, if we're going to be working together, then I suppose introductions are in order." The man held out a hand, all business. "Lionel Zyther, CEO of the Zyther Technology Conglomerate. And you would be?"

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Colleen felt slightly embarrassed by not having realized that the three of them had been holding up the doorway. She followed a little quietly until Emily stopped at another table and started to talk with someone there. From the sound of it, the older woman was her aunt. Unconsciously, she moved toward the pair, standing a little bit awkwardly to the side. She didn't want to intrude, but...

"Um, hello there, miss." Colleen gave a shy smile as she walked up, hoping that this was okay with Emily.

Emily was about to respond, when somebody poked her from behind. She turned her head and chuckled as she realized where she and Alex were positioned -- right in the doorway to the backroom.

"Sorry, sorry! How about we continue this talk after we join your friends, dear?" Emily began escorting her cousin and her fan towards the Ranger girl, but paused as she spied the woman at the nearby table. She smiled. "Well, this is a small world. I'll join you all momentarily!" So saying, she made her way over to the table, beaming.

"Aunt Elaine, how are you?"

-==IC: Professor Elaine Alderson==-

The professor looked up from her drink at the sound of the familiar voice. “Emily!” Elaine exclaimed, “What a surprise! I had no idea you were in town--I didn’t miss a performance, did I?” Her azure gaze drifted briefly to the girl who’d followed her niece to her table. “Who’s your friend, dear?”

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

"No, no, I was just catching up with my cousin on my mother's side." Emily glanced over at Colleen and smiled. "And this is somebody who recognized me just now. Colleen, this is my aunt, one of the most renowned scientists in the Kalos region." She moved to sit on the edge of a seat. "What brings you to Lumiose? I thought you had your hands full with work."

Edited by MELON LORD

Elaine sighed heavily. “What else? Another funding tour. Not that it’s helped much, but at least there’s a little more interest now.” The professor contemplated her drink for a moment, but decided it would set a poor example. “So, Colleen,” she asked her niece’s fan, “you wouldn’t happen to be one of dear Augustine’s assistants, would you? It would be nice to have an excuse to see him before I have to leave.”

IC: Shannon Willows/Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Luke - Team Rocket Vermillion Branch

"I wish we knew about that backdoor earlier," Dack muttered as he led the way to Miriam's office. "The three of us had to squeeze through that crowd to get here -- not the easiest thing in the world."

As the Rockets struck up a conversation, Shannon found herself and the kids falling to the back of the group. She got enough political jargon from her parents that she wasn't really interested in whatever was being said here -- it was like they were speaking a whole new language. She glanced down at Aori and Miyu and was surprised to see Aori's other hand holding her Bulbasaur's vine with some sort of nervous energy.

"You don't have to be afraid," she told Aori in a soothing voice. "I know it's a scary place, but we're all friends here. We won't let anything bad happen to  you. Don't even think about those people yelling outside, okay?" She glanced over at Miyu -- her expression was harder to read. "How're you holding up, Miyu? Are you scared at all?"

IC: Alex Lockwood/Zoe Llyan - Scarlet Café, Lumiose City

Alex followed his cousin to the table, pulling back one of the two vacant chairs. "Looks like we'll need to pull up another chair," he said, glancing back at his companions. He froze. Emily and Colleen had both vanished into the crowd when he'd had his back turned, leaving him high and dry like a dirty old rag. "Of course," he muttered to himself.

"Monsieur." Alex turned at the sound of a young girl -- Colleen's sister -- casting him a disapproving look. "That seat is my sister's. You can't have it."

"Oh! Um, sorry, my name's Alex Lockwood." Alex quickly took his hand off the back of the chair as if it had burned his hand. "My cousin and I were just talking to your sister and we were about to both join you, but the two of them seem to have disappeared . . ."

"Uh-huh." The kid leveled her eyes at him. "Likely story. You're just another one of those suitors who thinks they can get close to my sister, is that it?" She took an abnormally large bite out of the half-eaten croissant she was holding. She continued speaking through a mouthful of pastry. "You can't have her. She's mine."

Alex paled. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You have this all wrong, kiddo. You see --" he lowered his voice and leaned close "--I'm a fellow Liberty agent, just like your sister."

The girl swallowed her croissant, her face still full of suspicion. "Don't call me Skiddo."

Alex turned his attention to the table's other occupant, the Ranger girl. He had hoped she would be the more mature of the two, but up close he was stricken by just how young she looked. Nevertheless the uniform gave her an air of authority and he hoped she'd be more accepting than her juvenile companion. "Um . . . I'm really sorry to intrude, but do you mind if I sit here? I'm kind of stuck until my cousin comes back."

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Outside Looker Bureau, Lumiose City

"Olivia Seaton." The redhead shook the man's hand.

"And I'm her little sister, Dahlia." The brunette gave the man a timid wave before turning to address Jamie and Lucia. "You two are helping us out? That's great! The more the merrier, I'd say." Leaving her sister with the businessman, she walked over to her fellow Hero. "So how have you been, Jamie? Enjoying the sights of Lumiose? This is my first time here, and I must say it's just as lovely as I've read about!"

Jamie pulled out the Voltage badge again and began rubbing it right in Dahlia's face. It's really the only thing she especially cared too much about when they showed up. The badge was the best sight she'd seen.

IC: Miriam Shields - Vermilion Branch offices

Finally, Miriam thought as Ryan finally showed up. First bit of good news she'd heard all day.

"Welcome to Vermilion, Agent Hikari," Miriam said in a voice that felt a bit too sweet. "We've got a lot to talk about. Why don't you step into my office," she said gesturing to the room behind her.  

IC: Lachina Adaon

The Ranger gave their new table-guest an appraising look and rubbed her chin. "Don't suppose you have a badge to back up that claim? Otherwise, you can stand there awkwardly until your 'cousin' comes back."

IC: Jared Winters

"Jared," Jared said in way of curt introduction. "So you own the Geosenge lab that collapsed?"

"Funding? How much do you need?" Emily reached into some hidden pocket and withdrew her wallet. "Will cash work, or do you need a check?"

-==IC: Lionel Zyther==-

“No, the main lab was too badly damaged, structurally unsound, so the government just sealed it up and hoped it would all hold together as long as no one went inside. Genius decision, really, it’s worked out so well.” The man’s sarcasm was palpable. “No, I own several of their side labs and warehouses. When the dust settled, it turned out that Team Flare had quietly bought up what seemed like half of Geosenge under various false names and shell companies. No one really knew what to do with them, so they got auctioned off with the rest of Lysandre’s assets--which, of course, is where I came in. Not many people were willing to buy property associated with Flare, so I managed to make the best deal of my life snatching it up. The property values are still terrible--something all of Geosenge has suffered from, whether formerly Flare or not--but the technology…well.” The tech baron smirked in smug satisfaction. “Like I said. Lysandre was a madman, but also a genius. If he hadn’t been so focused on eugenics and genocide and ruling the world by force, he could have had it worshipping at his feet. I don’t intend to repeat those mistakes.”

Lionel looked at his Holo Caster. “It’s getting late. If you have preparations to make, I suggest making them; otherwise it’d be prudent to get some rest before we leave in the morning.”

“Oh no you don’t,” the Professor scolded, with the tone of someone having the same argument for the hundredth time. “That's your money for your future, sweetheart, so you don't end up a struggling old lady like me.” The woman shook her head sadly. “I made a lot of foolish choices back when I was your age, and I’m paying for them now. You just keep up your performances and your costuming, keep making a good solid life for yourself, and I’ll happily keep cheering for you from the sidelines.”

Colleen was about to think of how to reply when Emily began to offer to help pay for the funding. She stayed quiet until there seemed to be a lull in the conversation, though she seemed to be a little bit awkward still. "Oh, Professor Sycamore? Me and my friends visited him earlier, but I'm unfortunately not one of his assistants." She decided not to add that she likely didn't have nearly enough experience in any of the possible fields that would likely be prerequisites. She wondered briefly what would happen when everything was all said and done. This couldn't go on forever, right; all this fighting? So where... would it leave her?

She realized after a moment that she had probably seemed to have zoned out there for a moment. "Oh, I think we might need to visit him again, though, so if you wanted, we could take you there later..."

-==IC: Olivia -- Looker Bureau, Lumiose City==-

"We should go to the hospital to check on that lead still." Olivia said after Lionel gave them their choices. She had a look on her face as if she had other reasons, however. "If we put Ms. Emma through all that, and then didn't do anything... then how good does that make us? Y'all, let's get going and head to the hospital."

-==IC: Jenny -- Heahea Outskirts==-

"Definitely!" Jenny said with a grin as she focused on the black cat. The two trainers were so focused on their fight that a blue-haired woman went unseen behind them, silently watching the battle unfold. Jenny's Scizor approached the cat as they attempted to scratch at the bug once more. Scizlite flew up in the air to avoid that, before swooping down to tackle the cat to the ground.

Jenny prepared a Poké Ball ahead of time, as she watched the red-striped cat for any openings.

-==IC: Ryan -- Vermilion City Rocket Branch==-

"Alright." The man nodded to the others that he'd be right back. However, as he passed the door, he paused and turned to Dack. "Do you have any ways to like, look into families? If so, could you like..." As he looked around, he noticed that Miyu had vanished. "Wait, where did Miyu g--" The door closed before Ryan could finish his sentence. He looked over at the still-smiling Miriam and decided that despite the situation, it was the best idea to sit down before that sweetness turned to something else. He waited for Miriam to begin the conversation, not entirely certain what this was about.

Edited by Blessed Blade

IC

"A friend of ghosts killed this man. She led us from the tower to here, and we all paid witness to her as she approached and killed this man." The ghost shrugged. "What more do you wish to know of her?"

IC: Miriam Shields - Vermilion Branch

"So much to do, so little time," Miriam sing-songed as she walked over to her desk.

"I know you saw that mess outside right now. The people are lashing out when we can ill afford it," Miriam continued. "We need to increase recruitment and revenue to Team Rocket in order to combat M0. And we need to convince the public that Team Rocket has a plan."

She picked up her tablet and turned it toward's Ryan. It showed an image of him in his armor along with his Tyranitar in its transformed state.

"I want to make you and your Tyranitar the center of a new promotional campaign."

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

IC: Shannon Willows/Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Luke - Hallway, Team Rocket Vermilion Branch

"Miyu?" Dack turned around after the door closed and saw that the quiet child that had been with Shannon had indeed vanished. Correction: the quiet child that didn't have a Bulbasaur and had been with Shannon had vanished. The other one -- Aori -- still remained.

Shannon was hysterical. "She was standing right here! She was holding my hand! When did she-?" The woman looked around frantically, then knelt down at Aori's side, placing both hands on her shoulders. "Aori, listen to me. Did you happen to see where Miyu went?"

"So we've got a kid loose in a Rocket base," Dack muttered. "Great."

This was not the response he had hoped for. "Geez, tough crowd," he muttered, fishing through his pocket. He pulled out his wallet and produced his Liberty badge from it, holding it up for the Ranger to see. "Will this suffice?"

"Make sure it's legit, Lachina," the younger girl said. "He could be a Rocket spy with a counterfeit!"

Alex cast the girl a glance as if to say 'are you serious?!' before setting his badge on the table. "I assure you it's one hundred percent real. If you still don't believe me, then I guess I'll just have to resign myself to standing."

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Outside Looker Bureau, Lumiose City

Dahlia smiled awkwardly at the badge being pressed in her face. "Um . . . yes, that's very nice, Jamie," she said, trying not to sound too uninterested. "Perhaps you should consider becoming the first person in the Kalos Region to take on the Pokémon League and Elite Four without using a single Pokémon attack." She gave a small chuckle, then turned her attention over to her sister, who was making plans.

"Hospital . . . right." She had been distracted by Jamie, but the detective's story about Team Flare and Xerosic's current state came back to her memory. "Do you know how long we have before his operation? We should probably make haste if it's today."

"Her appearance, if possible." Lafoyae projected to the Gengar. "If there is any worry that I will harm her, let it be known I was called upon to bring her back alive." These spirits definitely seemed to be on the killer's side, but what the woman had broadcast was the honest truth. It was then, that Lafoyae recalled another thing she needed.

"Do you have any clue where she may have been headed next?

IC: Evan Tierra: Horse Tamer Extraordinaire

Evan grinned at Jenny's reply as he and Vlad stared down the Mudbray in front of them. Despite the difference in power, the Mud Donkey was full of spirit and power. It seemed like a shame to fight them to make them join him. Think of something.... Evan thought, before a brilliant, if unorthodox idea popped itself in his head, like a Diglett in a tunnel. "Vlad, draw their attention!" The Plasma Agent said, grinning. "Make them face the other way, and try not to hurt them!"

Vlad couldn't help but feel confused at his dear friend's order, but nodded, swooping into the face of the enemy repeatedly, but making sure they were facing away from Evan. As the Fangscorp flitted around, the moment the Mudbray's back was turned, Evan quickly, but silently made his way over to them, hand near his berry pouch. When he was within reach, he leapt onto the back of the Mud Donkey, who brayed out in alarm at the Hero jumping onto it's back.

The man's plan was nearly complete, but now came the harder part. The man held on with his stronger left arm, making comforting noises to the pokemon. "Shhhhhhhhh......" he said, petting it furiously. Vlad was cackling at the sight of his master doing something so ridiculous. Little by little the struggling and bucking got rougher and rougher, but after a short, it became less and less, the Mudbray sounding less alarmed, thanks to the noises Evan was making.

When it finally stopped, Evan reached into his berry pouch, and pulled out one of the last remaining berries in it; a Leppa Berry. He then dismounted the Mud Donkey, and gently held out the berry. The Mudbray sniffed at the berry, before gleefully opening her mouth, and scooping it up into her mouth, chewing gleefully. Evan petted her gently and lovingly. "I'm sorry we got off to a rough start, but I'm Evan." The man said gently and kindly. "I saw how strong you were, and I couldn't hurt you any further." Evan held out a normal Poke Ball. "Will you join me?" he asked the equine pokemon.

The Mudbray bared it's teeth happily, as she bopped the button on the capsule gleefully. A burst of light and three shakes later, the Mud bray was caught.

OOC: New Pokemon for Evan!

Species: Mudbray

Nickname: Valkyrie

Trainer: Evan Tierra

Appearance: Shiny colouration

Personality: Patient and enduring, this belies her Brave nature, willing to fight tough opponents no matter the odds. She does love playing the mud when the chance presents itself.

Ability: Stamina

Specialty: Taking hits and dishing out big damage in return. Her speed isn't the greatest, but she makes do.

Known Moves: Double Kick, Stomp, Bulldoze, Body Slam (Egg move), Close Combat (Egg Move; is weaker than it usually is, due to Her not having much experience with it)

-==IC: Jenny -- Heahea City==-

As the fight against the black cat was going on, Jenny glanced over at Evan's own battle. She stared in disbelief at the rodeo that was going on. She wondered if she were missing opportunities to catch the cat, but could not take her eyes away from the scene before her. She had to wonder if she actually was dreaming this. As the Mudbray was caught, she looked back to her own fight.

The Scizor was succeeding in driving the cat back toward her trainer. Jenny watched closely, Poké Ball in hand, for the perfect moment. As the Scizor knocked the cat onto their side, she lobbed the sphere toward them. With surprise, the feline looked up at the ball, unable to scramble out of the way before it connected. The capsule shook with slight protest, but clicked after a moment. Jenny walked over and picked the Poké Ball up for a moment, then sent the cat back out. "So... what's your name going to be?" Jenny asked, though noted that the cat seemed almost... sad.

"That is a Litten, if that helps you."

"Oh, thank you." Jenny said oblivious to the voice, as she looked at the Litten. "Then your name will be Tenlite!" The cat didn't really make much of a reaction, though an ear sort of twitched in acknowledgement. The trainer, however, paused and turned around, as she saw a blue-haired middle-aged woman with her hair in twintails. Jenny furrowed her brow slightly as she stood up.

"Who... are you?"

OOC:

Species: Litten
Nickname: Tenlite
Trainer: Jenny Hakuda
Appearance: The red markings are bigger than normal
Personality: Idolizes the Battle Royal, and wishes that she could partake in it someday. She gives lots of thought to her future backstory, constantly thinking it over.
Ability: Blaze
Specialty: Is really good at physical attacks.
Known Moves: Scratch, Fire Fang, Swagger, Scary Face, Crunch(Egg), Roar

/EDIT:

-==IC: Olivia -- Lumiose City==-

With the group more or less in agreement, they set off for the hospital using the address on the letter. Olivia led the way unintentionally, as she followed the directions on her Poké Gear and walked at a faster pace. A chirping made her look down at one point, as she saw her Torchic very quickly keeping pace right next to her. With a smile, she glanced back to the screen, the constant chirping being a good indication that the Torchic hadn't run off.

When they arrived in front of the building, Olivia appeared to hesitate as she looked up at it. She quietly flicked a finger across the screen to open up a memo on the device. As she shut the screen off, she noticed that the chirping was growing fainter. The Rocket glanced over to the left and noticed an old man and a Blaziken struggling to get a vending machine off of a pickup truck. She then saw her mischievous Torchic happily dashing toward the Blaziken.

"Um, y'all go ahead, I need to get Bree." Olivia hastily said, as she ran over to the now-trio before any damage could occur. She reached the Torchic before she could trip either the man or Blaziken up, then picked up the small chick and placed her on her shoulder. "Ya get into too much trouble sometimes, Bree..." Olivia mumbled for a moment, but then smiled as the Torchic let out a happy trill. The young woman glanced up at the other two afterward. "Would ya like any help with that?"

Edited by Blessed Blade

“Ahh, ‘Professor’ Sycamore,” Professor Alderson said with some amusement. “I remember back when he was just ‘Augustine’, before either of us were ‘Professor’ anything.” The Pokémon Professor smiled wistfully, momentarily lost in memory. “I do miss those days. I wonder what he’s up to now? Tell me, if you’ll indulge my curiosity, why were you in to see the dear Professor? You seem a bit seasoned to be getting your first Pokémon, after all.”

-==IC: Ryan -- Vermilion City Rocket Outpost==-

Ryan was surprised by the request, but thought things over for a little bit. The idea made a lot of sense, though he had to wonder if there were better candidates. At the moment, however, he knew that there weren't.

"Alright. That sounds good to me, what's the plan?"

Oh. Colleen suddenly realized that she should have expected that question. "Well, um.." The girl took a moment to try and figure out how to phrase the answer. "I have a sort of, uh, research assignment to look into some events that happened about 10 years ago." Colleen explained, as it was the truth, just missing a couple pieces that were need to know at that current moment. She wasn't sure if she should have mentioned about Liberty or not, but she had a feeling that there were about to be more than a few questions sent her way.

Edited by Blessed Blade

IC: Lachina Adaon

Lachina hummed thoughtfully as she looked at the badge."Well, I've never seen one of their badges before, but the odds are slim that you'd just happen to have a forgery." She smiled. "Have a seat. What'd you say your name was?"

IC: Jared Winters

As Olivia went off after hr Torchic, Jared was contemplating the group. For the most part, his sternness stemmed from keeping them focused, but he could tell that it was already rubbing people the wrong way.

What should I do, though? If we're not focused, we could die due to these distractions.

They'll learn once they've seen that this isn't a vacation. You might lose one or two in the doing, but that could be for the best. If someone like, say, Zoe dies, then the whole group is more serious. Net win.

I . . . I don't even know what to say to that. Can you think of a way to keep them serious but also willing to follow my orders that doesn't involve the twelve-year-old dying?

Show them your scars, maybe, and explain how dangerous the world can be when you're not goofing off

Jared sighed and did as Olivia said, going inside without her. "Excuse me, we're here to speak with a 'Doctor' Xerosic. He's supposed to be having surgery today."

IC: Yamamoto Aori

Aori's heart beat quickly in her chest. "I did not see where she went." Her new friend had been right there, she was certain, but now . . . Aori hugged Yuri tighter, causing the Eevee to squeak a bit in protest.

IC

The ghost's form wavered, shifted, then turned into a girl with long white hair, skin that was almost the color of snow, and blood red eyes. She twirled a knife in her hand. "This is what she looked like. After she took that man to the afterlife, we felt her presence go towards the south of town."

IC - Executive Scott Stone - Memory House, Lavender Town:

A young albino girl with an affinity for Ghost-Types. Scott almost couldn't believe how spot-on that assessment had been. Only a few hours before, he had been grasping at straws trying to get any sort of read on Drake and Kai's murdered. Now she stood in front of him, a strange and remarkably helpful phantom flat-out guiding the way toward the culprit.

"South of here would be the road toward Fuchsia City," he muttered, pulling out his notepad again and writing the information down. "She'd be bound to standout outside of this town--I'm sure we can get a lead on her there . . ."

IC - Sonja Baron/Kyle Eston/Emmerich Coleman - Campsite, Route 45:

Ryan's choice of words did not go over Sonja's head, either. Like Chloe, she opted not to bring it up, instead nodding her thanks to Ray and sending out Tanith. Silently, she fed the Revive to the Tyrunt, who opened her eyes in a startle as the item's effects washed over her. Just on the edge of the campsite, Kyle had done the same with the Onix he had caught, yelping in surprise as the giant rock snake growled its thanks and flipped its new trainer onto its back.

"Ow . . ." Kyle righted himself on Onix, rubbing his back. "Well . . . Whenever we're ready to go, I guess we've got a train through the rest of the mountains."

"That's fortunate," Emmerich said. He hefted his bag. "I believe the kids these days would say . . . 'Hecka sweet'?"

Everyone stared at him in a mixture of shock and disbelief. Emmerich quickly grew uncomfortable, cleared his throat, and wordlessly approached Onix, climbing on. Soon enough, the others had gathered their belongings and joined him, departing the campsite.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Miriam Shields - Vermilion Branch

Miriam smiled in response to the ease with which Ryan agreed.

"We've created a studio where a... patriotic video is being made," Miriam said, trying to avoid the word 'propaganda'. "All I need from you and your transforming Tyranitar is for the both of you to be there and follow a few directions. At most make an appearance at a recruitment drive."

IC: Claus Diamond - Alamo

“I asked to be assigned to look for your father around when R.A.L.L.Y. started,” Zack started. “He had dropped out of communication, so I volunteered to make sure he wasn’t MIA. I had a personal reason for going though.”

“Really? Did you know my father?” Claus said, looking at Zack quizzically.

Zack shook his head, “Not personally. At least, not at the time. I grouped up with a couple of trainers, and went to your mother who was in Floaroma town at the time. With their help, I managed to track him down in Veilstone. He was undercover at the time, so meeting with him discreetly took some time to arrange. But I was able to ask him about my uncle.”

“Your uncle?” Claus asked, looking shocked.

“I heard that your parents were present when my uncle disappeared. So I asked him what he knew. He offered to help.”

Claus looked at the file he had given again. “And you found him, right?” his finger on the last paragraph of his father’s file.

Zack nodded. “We did. I offered for him to join us. He declined. Last I saw him, he decided to wander the Sinnoh region for a while. Revisit places that were important to him.”

Zack seemed pensive for a while. Not speaking for a while. Claus felt that Zack hadn’t finished, so he patiently waited for him to speak again.

“Your parents and I split up not long after. I asked if I could help them on their missions in return for their help. Your father refused however...”

“However?” Claus asked.

“He spoke with my uncle for some time. I didn’t play close enough attention to what, but my uncle seemed concerned by what your father asked. My uncle is not an easy man to shock.”

Claus was silent, he didn’t know what that could possibly be. Maybe that was the point of all this.

“And do you know where they are now?” Claus asked.

“No.”

Claus lowered his head. He knew he shouldn’t have expected much but…

“But maybe my uncle would.”

Claus looked towards Zack with a small hope left in his eyes.

“He’s still in Sinnoh now, I can help you find him. If nothing else, I can guarantee he would be able to give you a hint.”

Claus started breathing deeply. Another lead. Another step on the path that lead to his parents.

“Why would you do that for me?” Claus asked, curiously.

The older man leaned back in his seat. “Your father’s mission seemed really important to him, but he was willing to put it aside to help me. I can’t tell you what that means to me.”

A moment passed in complete silence. Then Claus opened his mouth and started laughing. Zack looked at him confused.

“Don’t worry, I get the feeling,” Claus said.

Zack looked at Claus for another moment and then cracked the first smile Claus had seen on the older man’s face. “Heh, good point.”
Edited by Metal Gear Minun

-==IC: Elaine Alderson==-

Ten years ago… Elaine had plenty of memories of that time. None that were pleasant. None she hadn’t tried to forget. Certainly none suiting a pleasant conversation in a pleasant Lumiose cafe.

The professor covered by smiling indulgently at the girl. “Ten years ago, hmm? Let’s see, I think I can still remember that far back,” she joked. A frown furrowed her brow. “Ah! You must be looking into the Champions! Looking to take them off their throne, I imagine? Well, I don’t remember much about them--Augustine mentored their set, you see--but I do remember that Serena started with a Fire-type. Fennekin, I think? Yes, that’s right, because the Calem boy had the Grass-type, Chespin, when he came through the fossil lab, and he’d mentioned that all their other friends had started with the Pokémon native to Kanto. My colleagues revived a fossil for each of them, before they headed off on their way…” The woman trailed off. “Please forgive my rambling, I’m not even sure how useful my half-forgotten dozen-year-old recollections would be to you by now. Why, when I ran into them back then they had barely six Pokémon between them, and now they’re Champions! It’s hard to believe looking back.” She smiled. “They can’t have been much older than you are now, at the time. Just goes to show how much young folks can achieve with Pokémon at their side.”

"That's very cool." Colleen smiled for a moment, but then thought about how to phrase things so that she could find out any other information. "But what about the other events? The ones they helped out with, about Team Flare?" She felt almost like that was a little too obvious, but it seemed from the looks of the woman's aura like she was holding back about just that.

-==IC: Meyer==-

"Huh? Oh!" The burly man stopped looking to see where the tiny troublemaking Torchic had gone and finally registered that her Trainer had retrieved her. "Thank you, miss, I'd appreciate that." The man stepped aside, making a space for Olivia to help support the appliance alongside him as the Blaziken slowly lowered it from the back of the truck. Together, the three managed to get the machine safely to the ground without further interference, the Blaziken leaping to the ground with a dolly to help roll it into its place in the hospital. "Thanks again, my coordination isn't what it used to be. My name's Meyer, by the way, and this is Blaziken. You've got an adorable little spitfire there, what's her name?"

IC: Shannon Willows/Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Luke - Team Rocket Vermilion Branch

"It's okay." Shannon hugged Aori close, afraid she might vanish too. "We'll find Miyu -- she can't have gone far." She stood up to face the Snowpoint Trainers. "Dack, can you go to the front desk and let them know Miyu's running around here somewhere?"

"Somehow I doubt Rocket bases have a 'Lost Child Protocol,'" Luke muttered.

Shannon nodded at the blackbelt's comment. "Have them check the security cameras or something. Madison, Luke, you two need to help me search the hallways. Aori, you stay close to me, alright? We can't have you getting lost, too."

As Dack went off to fulfill his duty, Madison placed a comforting hand on Shannon's shoulder. "It's not your fault she's gone," she said.

"I-I know that," Shannon stammered. "I'm just . . ."

Madison pulled her into a hug. "You're scared for her, I know. They say a mother's worst fear is losing her child. I wouldn't know anything about that, but I'd think losing someone else's child is just as scary, if not worse. No one blames you for losing her. It's not worth beating yourself up over it. What matters is that we focus on finding her, alright?"

Shannon sniffled and wiped away a tear. "Thanks, Madison," she said.

"Any time." The skier smiled, then headed down the hallway. "Shall we begin our search?"

Alex breathed a sigh of relief as he took a seat. Finally something was going his way. "Alex Lockwood," he introduced himself. "You might know me as a friend of Ryan Sanders, who seems to be a mutual friend of Colleen's. She said you were planning to meet up with him during your mission?"

"Oh yeah!" the younger girl said entirely too loudly. "That Sanders guy was going on another mission to Mt. Silver to do something important or whatever. Collie said he was supposed to meet us here to help save the world!"

Alex stared at the girl. "And this is something you want to tell everyone in the café?"

The girl quickly realized her mistake. "Non," she said in a small voice. Thankfully, the café's other patrons had paid little heed to the kid spouting nonsense.''

"I don't think I caught your names," Alex said sheepishly.

"Zoe Llyan!" the younger girl interjected before her companion had a chance to speak. "You might know me as the brave Warrior Princess, Defender of Four Island, and all-around awesome girl!"

"I . . . see." Alex nodded politely. "Good to meet you, Zoe." He turned to the Ranger. "And who might you be?"