Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: That is good... Dionysus said quickly to Melon, ah and it is good to see you again... Zac was it?

But then Dionysus remembered the simple fact that a human was a human and not a pokemon.

Hmm... Right humans don't understand our languages easily.

He regretted having to set down food but it necessary for the moment. Dionysus began imitating a person pulling a bow across a violin to the best that his fat arms would allow, thinking of no better way to quickly describe Richard.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Dack

"We should rest here for the night," Palmer said as he surveyed Veilstone from the Galactic Warehouse's entrance. "We can continue in the morning."

"No, we need to keep moving," Dack insisted. "I think we can at least make it to Solaceon. The sooner we get to that Void Tower, the better."

"So you'd rather rush into the Darkrai's stronghold unprepared and unrested?" Palmer frowned. "We need to conserve our energy!"

"Actually, I agree with Dack," Luke said. "I've been sitting around in these shadows for far too long. If you and Zac aren't too tired, I think we should try and make it to the next town before we stop."

Palmer turned an eye toward Zac, who was just as eager to continue as Dack and Luke were. "Man, I must be getting old," the Frontier Brain said to himself. "Fine, then. We'll continue on to Solaceon, but then we stop for the night."

IC: Ryan/Ellen

"I'm ready," Ellen said. Her normally cheerful attitude was unusually serious. It was one thing to talk about defeating the Darkrai, but knowing that she would very soon be standing on their doorstep was a sobering fact. At her side, Artemis meditated silently; Terry uttered a low growl; Chrono flicked his tail anxiously; Solo floated in midair, completely still; and Maturin looked up at his new trainer with confidence. All of Ellen's Pokemon knew the danger they would soon be facing, and all of them were prepared to do whatever it took to end the Darkrai's shadows.

Ryan raised an eyebrow, surprised by Ellen's tone. She seemed completely different from the happy and carefree young girl he had met in Accumula Town. Looking back at Kyle, he nodded. "I think I'm ready, too... Shoot! I forgot something." He slapped a hand to his forehead. "Hold on, I'll be right back!" The Liberty trainer quickly ran through the sand, heading back to his dorm.

OOC: Don't forget that Ryan and Ray still need to get their elemental power suits.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: Minun: Yeeah, still trying to figure out what it was that he needed me to do for your guys' plot.

idk. If you want me to I can get Viper involved and you and I can try to get that thing moving again; otherwise I'll just let you take care of it. : p

Konuju: That they do. xp Well, this is why Kyle asked if everyone was ready. :P

IC - Kyle Eston - Four Island Beach: Kyle, too, stared in surprise at Ellen for a moment, and then watched as Ryan headed off to the dorms. He sighed, and then smiled slightly. "Well, I suppose if that's any indication..." he said absentmindedly. "Why don't we all take ten minutes to make sure we've got everything, and then meet at the helipads? I'll send directions to everyone so that they know how to get there."

He had a feeling that Ray and Ryan still had yet to find out about their own battle armor... suit... things, remembering that Tetsuro had mentioned them being assigned one each, as well. After all, he hadn't seen them with anything resembling the case that his was contained in... Eh, I'll find out later...

With that, he nodded at the others, turning and heading back to watch Sonja and Summer's battle.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Species: EelektrikNickname: TrickliteTrainer: JennyGender: FemaleAppearance:Personality: Since her evolution, she has grown more confident. Unfortunately, she never lost her 'fight to the bitter end' attitude, so that simply means that she feels that she can fight even longer than she really can. As a result, she still faints a lot, despite getting better moves and more strength.Ability: LevitateSpecialty: Tynalite specializes in Physical Attacks.Known Moves: Headbutt, Thunder Wave, Spark, Thrash, Crunch, CoilTackle > Headbutt, Charge Beam > Coil, + Thrash, + Crunch.I figure the extra moves of high power would be not as bad, considering that it was essentially as good as a Magikarp until now, and it's locked to those moves, with the exception of TMs. =P And yes, I'm going that route for the nickname. =P I might throw off the pattern for the final form, for a cool(to me. =P) pun. xD-==IC: Jenny==-"Thunder Wave!" Jenny called out, as the Tynamo winced from the attack, and launched off a rather bright version of a Thunder Wave... However, the Tynamo was causing the glow, not the Thunder Wave."Tynalite; it's your time to shine! Let's show them your true power!" Jenny called out with a wide smile, as the Tynamo was actually undergoing an evolution at that moment; evolving into an Eelektrik before their eyes.

Edited by BZP Blade

IC: Ryan

The Liberty trainer ran through the halls of the Alamo at full speed, not wanting to make the others wait any longer than they had to. He barged into his dorm, standing in the doorway for a solid minute to catch his breath. Once he had recovered, he walked over to the bed stand to grab the Fire Gem that Ellen had given him for Christmas. The small red stone fit nicely in the palm of his hand, lighting up the entire room in a fiery light as the sunlight from the window reflected off its polished edges.

Ryan had intended to use Ellen's gift in the battle against Black, but he had never gotten the chance. Perhaps that was for the better, as now he could use it against the Ancient Darkrai.

A knock at the door pulled Ryan out of his thoughts. "Mr. Sanders? Are you in?"

Pocketing the gem, Ryan walked over to the door and opened it, surprised to see a tall man in a suit. "Um... hello," Ryan said awkwardly.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Ray==-Ray stretch out for a moment, and then thought for a moment."I'll be right back." Ray said, as he headed off toward the Alamo. He had kept a picture in his room of Jenny for a while, and figured he would go get it... However; as he approached the building, he suddenly stopped with a frown.Oh... Right. This isn't Team Rocket... I don't have a room here, or any of my stuff I left back in the other headquarters... Ray thought, and was about to turn around, when he saw a person beginning to walk toward him. Ray stopped his turn, and looked at the man, who was wearing a suit and what seemed to be odd glasses of some sorts."Mr. Hakuda, I presume...?" The man asked, and Ray frowned, but nodded; wondering what this could be about.OOC: I forget if he had been approached or not. ^^'

IC: Klim Prizak and Evan Tierra

"I'll stay right here.", Klim said, "I've been ready for a while. Time for some payback on those Darkrai."

"Mr. Eston, you being of Team Liberty, tell me: are there any Move Tutors here?", Evan asked, "I wanna teach a new move to one of my pokemon to better prepare for the bitter fight to come."

IC - Zac Flash

"Wha... What is it doing?" Zac asked himself, not knowing what to think.

Sigh.. Meloetta said. He's trying to describe his trainer, you goose. She turned to the Snorlax and apologized on the behalf of Zac, who was standing scratching his chin.

"It's imitating a violin.. Oh!" He snapped his finger and pointed to the sky. "That guy. Fancy meeting you here."

IC - Justin Iredsi

Justin began swearing profusely as he tripped over something on the dirt road. "What the heck?" He picked up the guilty object, and then realized what it was. "Wait... This.. Sunny!" He threw a Pokeball out onto the road, and Sunny, his Nuzleaf, appeared. "Look what I found," Justin said, waving the Leaf Stone around before throwing it to his Pokemon.

Never having witnessed a stone evolution, Justin watched in awe as the Leaf Stone evaporated, leaving behind a green powdery residue, which Sunny consumed. In a matter of seconds, his little Nuzleaf was no more; replacing him was a sturdy Shiftry, although his hair was a lot shorter than normal. His fans burst open, throwing about a colorful dust.

IC - Sonja Baron - Four Island Beach: Caught by surprise by the light of evolution, Neptune was momentarily blinded and could not avoid the Thunder Wave. The attack paralyzed him, causing him to fall to the ground, completely immobile. Sonja smiled, giggling at his shocked expression before calling him back.

"Nice; congratulations," she said to Jenny.

IC - Kyle Eston - Four Island Beach: Kyle thought for a moment. "If there are, they would be in the training department," he said, beginning to walk back toward the Alamo. "I'll show you the way. Do you think there'll be enough time for that, though?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Jenny==-Jenny chuckled with a nod; as she smiled back."Good fight; the expression on your Totodile's face was rather funny, I have to admit." Jenny said, as she walked over to her evolved Pokemon."Good job! I think you need a new nickname, however... I think you should be called Tricklite." Jenny said; and the Eelektrik nodded in confirmation. Jenny smiled, and recalled the Pokemon, and looked around, blinking."Now where did everyone go? You'd think they wouldn't have left already." Jenny said, scratching her head; as it had been like two seconds since they last looked, and only one person was standing there at that moment.OOC: =P

IC: Evan Tierra

"Lead and I shall follow.", Evan said, "The pokemon I have in mind is a very fast learner. If anything, we'll settle for him at least getting the gist of the attack."

Evan then followed Kyle towards the Alamo, his pace quickening.....

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron - Four Island: Sonja looked around, spotting Evan and Kyle on the path back to the Alamo. "There they are," she said. "Come on--we can catch up." Quickly, she ran after them, still holding the sleeping baby Suicune in her arms.

At Evan's answer, Kyle nodded. "Alright." He turned at the sound of someone approaching, spotting Sonja and Summer running after them. He stopped. "Done already?"

"Yup," Sonja said. "I get the feeling Summer wants to go with you guys."

The Liberty Agent raised an eyebrow. "Do you think you can hold your own out there, after what happened?"

OOC: Btw, Blade and Konuju, here's this post for information on the elemental suit thingies, if you want to write your own deliveries.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Jenny==-Jenny nodded at the question."Yes; I think I can. I've realized some things, and what happened earlier won't happen again. I'm still unsure of some things of my past; but I'm putting all that behind me; I'm a new me, so to speak." Jenny explained with a smile."And I want to help. I have powerful team members now, so I don't have to just stand off to the side like before." Jenny said, referring to her Eelektrik, Gyarados, and Pignite.

IC - Kyle Eston/Sonja Baron - Four Island: Kyle nodded. "Alright, then," he said. "Everyone is making their final preparations now, so if you think you're ready, you can come with us or meet us at the helipads." With that, he continued on to the Training Department...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

"I understand that you will be departing to fight the Darkrai, soon," the man at Ryan's door said.

"Yes, very soon," Ryan said, a little confused. "Like, right now. What is this about?"

"I apologize, I should have introduced myself," the man bowed. "My name is Koji Tatsuro, one of Executive Vert's assistants in Project Harmony. Not to be confused with Koichi Tetsuro, another one of Executive Vert's assistants."

"Right..." Ryan said. It was clear that most of what the man said had gone over the Liberty trainer's head. He vaguely recognized Vert's name from an email he had received about the recent promotion ceremony, but he had never heard of Project Harmony.

"Executive Vert has informed me that out of everyone that will be directly fighting the Darkrai, you, Kyle Eston, and the Rocket Agent Ray Hakuda are probably the least prepared in terms of power. To give you more of a fighting chance, Executive Vert has a proposal."

Ryan raised an eyebrow. It appeared that neither Vert nor Tatsuro knew that Ellen would be joining them, nor did they know that Evan and Klim had just shared their powers with them. "I assume you're speaking of this... what was it, Project Harmony?"

"Precisely," Tatsuro said with a smile. "Project Harmony is our latest efforts in the science wing, the development of a series of battle armor suits that will allow the user to command elemental power on a similar level to that of a Legendary Pokemon. So far we have managed to create three sets: one with the power of Ice from Articuno, one with Electricity from Zapdos, and a third with the power of Fire from Heatran. We are hoping to use this battle against the Ancient Darkrai as an opportunity to field test the suits. You have been chosen to test the fire suit."

"So this suit would allow me to fight alongside my Pokemon," the Liberty Agent said with interest.

"Exactly. That is why we have called it Project Harmony -- it aims to create harmony between humans and Pokemon on the battlefield. So what do you say?"

Ryan scratched his head in thought. "Well, don't really have any combat experience myself," he admitted. "But I'd be willing to test it out."

"Excellent," Tatsuro smiled, handing Ryan a large briefcase with a small stylized red flame inscribed on the front. "You'll find everything you need in here."

As Tatsuro briefly explained how to use the suit, Ryan wondered about their choice to give him the fire suit. Did they already know that he had a Typhlosion and an Entei on his team? If so, did they assume that he had good knowledge about fire? He also realized that if only he, Kyle, and Ray were getting these power suits, Ellen would be at a slight disadvantage. Of course, they probably hadn't made the suits with her size in mind. Nevertheless, he was glad for the chance to be able to directly fight the Darkrai along with his Pokemon. He idly fingered the small gem in his pocket, wondering if he could use it with this suit.

"...I understand that this is a lot to take in at once, so I'd recommend you glance over the enclosed instructions before you go into battle," Tatsuro finished, bringing Ryan out of his thoughts.

"Hm? Right," the Liberty trainer said with a nod, making a mental note to carefully study the instructions before he used the battle armor.

"Well, I wish you luck," Tatsuro said with a bow. "You should probably meet up with the rest of the group. I imagine they'll be departing soon."

"Thanks," Ryan said. Once the man had left, Ryan glanced around his room once more to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything. Then he picked up the briefcase and headed back outside.

OOC: Been granted some bunnying permission from Parugi.

IC: Roderick smiled as he saw his efforts pay off. He sent out Elgyem and had him warp the pair and Mina out of their, as soon as possible. Taking care to making pitstops to throw off away potential tracers before teleporting to Four Island.

James watched as streams of data entered into the databanks of his computer. His eyes brightened up as he sifted through the data. He smiled once he saw his desired data. All of the information Team Rocket had on cloning.

He felt a vibration in his pocket alerting of a text (or a call, but more likely a text).

To: James Arthur

I'm out, mission success.

Putting the phone away, he began packing up and gathered his Pokemon.

"Now I just have to find Sir Gawain..."

The large mudfish had been chased for a long while by one Jake. The chase was finally broken by a mischievous legendary who flew right behind him, and warped the poor boy to the opposite side of the island.

Thanks... didn't know how long I could keep runnin'.

No problem, we're done here.

Celebi led Gawain back to the group much to James' relief. Without further ado, Guinevere warped the group off the island and back into James' office. James went to his closet to change from his casual suit to his business suit. He looked around as he saw that his Pokemon had already made the office their own. Mordred simply crashed on James' bed while Celebi sat in his chair. Gawain commanded his shower while Lancelot took the floor. The only one who decided not to layabout for the moment was Galahad who went to practice with the aura. He smiled leaving most of his Pokemon to their own designs save Guinever whom he called outside.

"I need to get to Alto Mare, for a meeting, we do not need to disturb the others."I suppose, the Gardevoir said as she brought memories of Alto Mare to the forefront. The pair appeared on the outskirts of the city, where James retreated Guinevere to her Pokeball. She didn't need to present at this meeting. He walked alone for a while until he found the desired cafe. There was only the owner and one customer in the shop at the moment.

"A cappuccino, please"

The man nodded as he prepared the coffee. James took a seat in a booth in a corner, and opened his laptop. A few minutes later a cup of coffee was placed by the laptop.

Now how will I pitch this? he thought as he shifted through the data on his laptop, waiting for her to arrive.

IC: The Snorlax nodded pleased that the trainer remembered him.

I was suggesting, to this fellow here... looking towards Melon , that you should join us for dinner... he said to the (he did not know) legendary psychic type hoping that she could inform Zac of his words.

Hopefully, he continued, Richard should be presentable...

Richard at that moment was anything but presentable, as what had started as a verbal debate over the merits of on all rock diet between him, Hades and Oceanus quickly devolved in mud-slinging, first metaphorically then literally or in the case of Oceanus, mud-splashing and he splashed up chunks of mud at the pair who retaliated with thrown hunks.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Dack

The group made it to Solaceon Town without incident. The found the Pokemon Center in a similar situation to the one in the Fight Area. However, as Cresselia was still trying to conserve her energy, Palmer did not think it wise to try and wake everyone up, especially when they were practically on the enemy's doorstep. Instead they tended to the victims, tucking them each in a bed in the hotel on the Center's second floor. With everyone else asleep, Palmer decided that they should take turns standing watch throughout the night.

Dack had the first watch. He settled himself in a chair in the lobby facing the door. The Rocket Agent quickly grew bored with the monotonous task. It was pitch black outside -- even if some wild Pokemon approached, he wouldn't be able to see it until it was right up against the window. Leaning back in his seat, Dack's thoughts started to drift. He wanted nothing more than to be back in his old home in Snowpoint, buried under a pile of blankets, with a soft glow of a fire in the fireplace...

The Rocket Agent awoke with a start. He hadn't meant to doze off. With a yawn, he glanced at the clock on the wall. Luckily he hadn't overslept; it was still about twenty minutes before he was supposed to wake Luke up for the next shift. Dack settled back down in his chair, trying to get comfortable again, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched.

He strained his ears, but couldn't hear anything over the constant ticking of the clock that seemed to be pounding in his ears. Peering outside, he thought he saw the shadows move... or was that just the wind in the trees? With a growing feeling of dread, Dack got up from the chair and walked over to the window. Pressing his face against the cold glass, the Rocket Agent could just barely make out the dark shapes of the trees and neighboring buildings. He didn't see anything to suggest that some creature was lurking in the shadows, just beyond his sight.

I'm just going crazy, he told himself. If there was something out there, it would have attacked us by now. Nevertheless, as he sat back down uncomfortably, Dack didn't dare take his eyes off the windows until his shift was over.

Dack decided not to tell Luke about his fears. Instead he simply greeted his friend with a tired "Goodnight," and shuffled off to bed.

Dack was awakened several hours later by Palmer, who had the last shift. "Rise and shine," the Frontier Brain said cheerlessly. Upon coming down to the lobby, Dack had to check the clock to assure himself that it really was morning -- although it was a little brighter outside, it was still as dark as any normal night. As the four of them ate a small breakfast of cold soup and canned fruit they had found in the back of the Pokemon Center, Palmer briefed them on the plan.

"The Void Tower is close now -- judging by its location, I'd say it's somewhere around Hearthome. We should make that our new destination." The Frontier Brain paused, taking a long sip of his soup before continuing. "I understand that we will want to get there quickly, but we should also proceed with caution. The enemy will have no doubt set up guards around their stronghold to deter any intruders. In fact, I believe I heard one early this morning when I was standing watch."

Dack thought back to what had happened on his watch, wondering if perhaps he should have informed Luke of his fears. Maybe they weren't all his imagination.

"Does that mean they already know we're here?" Luke asked in surprise. "We'll be walking straight into a trap!"

"That may very well be the case," Palmer agreed with a grim look. "But what choice do we have? If we are to take down the tower, we'll have to continue. But we must not let our guard down for even a second, especially once we arrive in Hearthome. It could mean the difference between saving this region... and joining it in eternal slumber."

IC: Evan Tierra, The Alamo

Evan and Kyle arrived at the Training Department. There were doors everywhere, presumably leading to the training rooms. There were old men near each entrance, each one wearing an unusually casual outfit.

"Point me to the Move Tutor who knows Tailwind, please.", Evan said politely to Kyle, "Some of my team have a bit of a speed problem, so I figure Vlad could help them out with that."

IC - Kyle Eston - Training Department: More specifically, there were eight tutors in total, each of whom taught moves of two specific types. Kyle informed Evan of this, stating that they would need to find the one who taught Flying- and Normal-Type moves.

An easy enough task, one which they accomplished within a few moments. The man introduced himself as Alan. "I'll leave you to it, then," Kyle said. "I've sent location of the helipads to everyone. I'm not sure if we're actually going to use one for transport, given we have so many teleporters with us, but just in case I'm going to prepare a few." He saluted Evan before taking off.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Zac Flash, Unova

The Snorlax wants to know if you want to join his trainer for some food. It's getting pretty dark, too. Meloetta said.

Zac looked into the sky, but he didn't see much. The forest was too dense to see anything, but everything around his was gaining a darker shade of gray. "Hm.." Zac pondered. "Well, it is getting late. Sure, if he's not too far away."

OOC: Gonna use my last reward on Tailwind for Vlad.

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan saluted Kyle back and turned towards Alan

"I'd like to make a request of you, Alan.", Evan said respectfully as he sent out his Gliscor, "I'd like you to teach this guy Tailwind."

"Ah, so your pokemon team needs a little extra speed, eh?", Alan said, smiling as he motioned for Evan to follow him, "Then let us begin. Come inside."

Evan followed Alan into a training room. The sheer expansiveness of the room amazed Evan. His Gliscor looked around, thinking of all the flying he could do in here.

"First, a demonstration", Alan said as he sent out a Pelipper, "Then we shall test if your Gliscor can attempt it. Pelipper, Tailwind."

The Pelipper started to flap his wings forward, causing a strong breeze to occur inside the room. When it was finished flapping, the breeze persisted.

"Your Gliscor will not be able to mimic that motion.", Alan said, "But by twisting around, he can perform the same feat. Try it."

"Vlad, Tailwind!", Evan commanded his Gliscor, "Be sure to twist around!"

The Gliscor nodded as he flew up and started to twist. A small twister formed around Vlad as he turned round and round. A slight breeze started to blow in the room, growing more and more turbulent as Vlad continued to spin.

"I'd say he's got the gist of it.", Alan said, "Be sure to perfect his usage of the move by training."

"Vlad, return.", Evan said as he returned Vlad to his poke ball, "Thank you, Alan. I will make sure to perfect Vlad technique with this attack."

"Safe travels." Alan said as Evan left the training room......

OOC: Replaced Knock Off with Tailwind.

Ryan walked back out to the beach, only to find that nearly everyone else had taken off. "Hey, where'd everyone go?" he asked Ellen, who was staring thoughtfully at the ocean, surrounded by her Pokemon.

"They all went to make their final preparations," Ellen said, not taking her eyes off the distant horizon.

"Right," Ryan said, letting his briefcase drop into the sand. He felt a little foolish for running. His Pokegear beeped with a message from Kyle, informing him that they were meeting at the helipads. "It looks like they aren't coming back here," he told Ellen. "We should probably head to the helipads."

"Okay," Ellen said, turning for the first time to look at Ryan. Her eyes fell on the briefcase. "What's that?"

"It's a little gift from the folks at Project Harmony," the Liberty trainer said. "A suit of battle armor infused with the power of fire from Heatran. It'll allow me to fight alongside my Pokemon."

"Oh," Ellen said, looking at the briefcase with a hint of distaste.

"I would have thought that you of all people would love to see something that allows humans and Pokemon to grow closer together," Ryan said in surprise.

"I would, it's just..." Ellen's voice trailed off. "Never mind. Let's go to the helipads. We wouldn't want to keep the others waiting."

OOC: What did I miss?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: Zacax: Um... lots of stuff, probably. XP Could you link me to your last post in here?

Welcome back, by the way. ^_^

IC - Kyle Eston/Sheik - Helipads: Kyle leaned against the helicopter, checking and rechecking the supplies in his bag as well as those that he had brought to and stored in the chopper. He had sent Lyxek, his Axew, back into storage, swapping him out for Daiga, and had released Sheik, allowing the Raikou to get a feel for herself once more, having had little chance to battle recently. As he took stock of everything, he heard and saw occasional flashes of electricity as the Legendary Beast shot jolts of energy into the air. He could tell that something was off in the way that she was acting, and so glanced up at the Raikou.

"Nervous?" he asked. She stopped, looking at him for a moment before nodding. "Same here. We shouldn't waste energy, though."

I suppose that's true, the tiger-like Pokémon responded. She growled slightly, though it was not one of annoyance or anger. I wish the others would hurry up--the longer we wait here, the more frightening the future becomes.

Kyle was silent for a moment. "Yeah," he said at length, unable to think of anything else to say. "Just... yeah. I'm sure we'll be fine..."

IC - Jackson Sang - Chapel: "That's not right."

"It... No, but it has to be... right?"

"No. Just... No. That cannot possibly be right." Jackson opened his PokéGear again, mind racing as he glanced from it to the empty cell before him. "We got this information yesterday, which means it has to still be accurate, correct?"

"Not necessarily," Tracer said, pocketing his hands as he approached the cell, peering cautiously into it.

Indeed. They had made their way into the prison, as Silver had instructed, where Ash Ketchum and his family were being held. Yet no one--the prisoners, the guards--seemed to know who or what they were talking about. The cell in question appeared perfectly uninhabited, as if it had not been touched in a long while. For all intents and purposes, it appeared as if they had never been here, which-

"I need a computer," Jackson decided, closing his PokéGear and moving over to a nearby console. Activating it, he logged on, cutting his way into the prison logs. "Ketchum, Ketchum, Ketchum... They have to be here somewhere..." He frowned. "Not here. What...?" He searched again. "No records of ever having been held here... or anywhere, for that matter, ever... And yet..."

"We've seen their names on these lists before," Tracer said. Jackson glanced at the transformed-Ditto. "How could they simply disappear from the list?"

"That," Jackson said, turning his gaze back to the screen in front of him. And they aren't the only ones missing... "is a very good question. Why don't you and I find the warden and ask him in person?" He noted an on-and-off name entered into the command logs--an Executive of Science by the name of Tobias Elton. Jackson narrowed his eyes at this. What business does a Sci-Xec have with prisoners? He shut off the computer, sliding back from the console and standing up. "Let's go."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Ray==-"Sorry for the wait; I got lost." Ray said, as he approached the group from behind, carrying a briefcase like the one that Ryan actually had at that moment."What'd I miss?" Ray asked, curiously, as Jenny ran up to the group, having finally found the helipads as well; neither were familiar with the Alamo's layout, after all.

OOC: I'll get to that

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: Welcome back, Zacax. As far as Zac and Dack go, they've sailed to Veilstone and walked to Solaceon. We'll be meeting up with Azarath's character, Malachi, in Hearthome, where we'll finally be taking on the Void Tower. (All of that has happened since page 100 if you want to read it for yourself.)

As for the rest of the RPG, Parugi could probably give you a better update, but in short the Darkrai group is just about to leave for the fight against the Ancients.

IC: Ryan/Ellen

Ryan and Ellen arrived at the helipads shortly after Ray had arrived. Seeing Shiek walking about, Ryan reached for his belt and sent out Entei. The two Legendary Beasts looked at each other with a solemn, foreboding glance.

As Ryan watched Entei pace around anxiously, he was reminded of just how powerful their foes would be. Between their Pokemon, the powers of Space and Reverse, and the Project Harmony battle armor, they had plenty of power. But would it be enough?

Ryan noticed that both Kyle and Ray had a briefcase similar to his own. "So you got one, too?" he said, twisting his briefcase so that the sunlight reflected off the red emblem engraved on its face.

Ellen frowned when she saw the other briefcases.

It looks like Heatran isn't the only Pokemon Team Liberty has borrowed power from, Solo said telepathically so only Ellen could hear.

Indeed, Ellen replied mentally -- a skill she had picked up fairly recently. She had heard of trainers being able to communicate directly with their Pokemon through telepathy, but she had never been able to do it herself. But with the power of Space that now flowed within her, paired with her desire to keep this conversation private, Ellen had realized this ability to speak with her mind. It came as naturally as thinking. To the others, it would look like she was just standing there in silence. Like Ryan said, I'm all for something that can bring Pokemon and humans closer together... like this power of Space Evan has given me. But to scientifically harness the power of a Legendary Pokemon... even if their intentions are good, it reminds me too much of what Team Plasma tried to do with Kyurem back when Ghetsis was in power.

Good intentions... that's exactly how Ford justifies what he's doing, the Solosis frowned.

You've hit the nail on the head, Solo, Ellen said with a mental sigh.

-==IC: Ray==-"Yeah... I'm still not sure of it, though..." Ray said, as he looked at the briefcase, remembering how odd the fellow with the glasses had seemed, and how he had explained about the armour utilizing the power of legendaries...

IC: ZacZac was still at Drack's side, though he was being a bit quiet.

IC: Evan Tierra and Klim Prizak, Helipads

Evan ran to the helipads, hoping he wasn't keeping the group waiting. When he arrived, he saw Ray, Ryan, Kyle, Ellen, Klim and Jenny there. He breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of them. This group was going to beat the daylights out of the Darkrai.

Evan couldn't be happier with that idea.

"Sorry to keep you waiting.", Evan said to the group, performing a dynamic pose, "Had to teach a move to one of my Pokemon. Where's Seth?"

"Probably making final preparations for us." Klim said, smirking at his friend's pose.

Edited by Hades

IC - Seth:

"Indeed, I was," Seth said, walking out into the helipad. Examining everybody who was gathered, he made a mental note of everybody who was present. "Now... Is everybody who is willing to go on this mission currently present?" Seth crossed his arms, strangely acting quite confident and in control, as opposed to his usual passive and rebellious attitude.

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

IC - Kyle Eston - Helipads: "Everyone who was requested and then some," Kyle affirmed, noting the three Gym Leaders ascending the stairwell behind Seth. "I'm guessing the Void Tower strike teams are ready to go?"

Quickly, Kyle did a mental check of the assembled group. Aside from himself, Ray, Ryan, Ellen, Evan, Kilm, Summer, and Seth were all present, the former two and himself possessing specialized battle suits of one kind or another. The Gym Leaders Fantina, Byron and Volkner were also there, and traveling with Ryan, Kyle, and Evan were Entei, Sheik, and Landorus, along with potentially other Legendary Pokémon that the others were holding onto. Between them all, they had roughly five and a half dozen Pokémon to aid them, give or take a few from that number. And he couldn't forget the four battle-ready helicopters that had been prepared from them, each with a pilot as dedicated to the fight as any of them were.

This was the team that had been forged to combat the remaining Nine Ancients. Having weighed the odds, Kyle felt as if there truly was hope--slim as it may be--that they could prevail.

OOC: Any last-minute (SHAME! Shame shame shame on you for not taking advantage of the lull in posts!) characters who are on Four Island and who want to come and help against the Darkrai should make their way to the helipads, pronto. Chances are we'll be officially kicking off this battle tomorrow, depending on when Detranix responds.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Justin Iredsi

Justin annoyingly looked into the direction in which the noise was coming from. It sounded like an army if helicopters coming in from the north. Worried that another invasion was coming up, Justin hurriedly ran to the Alamo, and gladly saw that he was wrong; instead, a group of four helicopters and a fine amassing of Liberty agents were up on the helipads.

Going off to the Darkai already? Justin thought, remembering overhearing Kyle's conversation earlier. I should help out, now that Sunny's evolved and I have Regice... If they fail, the Darkrai will probably take over the world, after all.

He ran up the flight of stairs and burst out on the roof. "Hey!" Justin yelled, running towards the helicopters. "If you guys need any more backbone, I'm here to help!"

OOC How long since I last posted?IC VincentThe Absol begn to approach me, first cautious, then curious, then threatening. With a roar, it lunged at me. Sidestepping, I dodged the strike. For a moment, I considered fighting it myself but then reminded myself of why I was here; it was my pokemon that needed training, not me. So I sent out Lulu instead. The Riolu began to circle the Absol, preparing to make her move. "I'd recomend Force Palm myself," I said to Lulu, who nodded. She rushed and unleashed the attack, only for her palm to meet the Absol's Night Slash head on. The strike parried, the two pokemon spun away from each other, each readying for the next move.

IC KaitoHaving dealt with the Piloswine, Kaito searched through the tall grass. He heard a rustling behind him. He turned around, and was promptly ambushed by a Vanilluxe. "Go! Ampere!" Kaito sent out his Joltik... or at least tried to. The Poke ball was empty. Scratching his head, he found Ampere sitting on top of his head. "How did you... Just use Discharge." The Joltik darted out and shocked the Vanilluxe. The Vanilluxe responded with an Icy Wind, damaging Ampere. "Don't give up! Disable!" Ampere's eyes glowed, preventing another Icy Wind. "Now, Signal Beam!" Ampere fired a flashing ray of light at the Vanilluxe. However, the Vanilluxe merely melted away with Acid Armor.

aouROFb.png

OOC: Forgive my lack of posts. College preparation getting in the way.

IC - Seth:

The Hero of Time nodded at the new arrival. "Any help that we can end up receiving is more than welcome with us." With that said, Seth turned to the rest of the gathered agents, raising his hand to signal for their attention. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are about to head off to what may be one of the most important missions we have had as of yet, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance. The Ancient Darkrai are about to unleash their leader, quite possibly one of the most powerful Pokemon known."

Straightening his posture, Volt emerged from behind him, the mighty Luxray looking as if he had been hiding within the coat of Seth the entire time. "Our goal as a team is to make a direct assault upon Sinjoh Ruins in order to defeat these Legendary monsters. Our goal is not to immediately defeat them, but try to stave them off as best we can, while a second team consisting of Legendary Pokemon we have recruited and other forces heads off to Sinnoh and Hoenn to take down the Void Towers, which should manage to weaken the Darkrai to the point that they should be on our level."

Rolling his knife between his fingers, the Hero of Time once more examined the faces of the gathered. A strange glint appeared within his eyes, as the smallest smirk came across his face, almost unnoticeable to most. "However, even with the destruction of the Void Towers, these Darkrai will still be far from pushovers. For many of you, this will be your most difficult challenge yet, and whether or not you survive depends on your bond with your Pokemon, the strength of heart that you carry within you, as well as your will to go on. Fear not, we are not alone, as I have been recently been discussing with an informant as to a secret weapon with which the Darkrai can be defeated..."

Seth motioned to his fellow Heroes. "Even we, with the powers we have been given, and which these two have shared with you, are uncertain as to whether or not we will in fact succeed. Nevertheless, the world has seen days which have been just as dark. Some, in which the darkness has nearly all consumed this planet, and yet here we still stand, ready and willing to fight for what we believe in, and prepared to take the risks and sacrifices that will come with this battle."

"You are all aware of the risks that you are all taking, correct?" Seth asked. He watched with pride as all present nodded. He closed his eyes, as Volt did the same, a smile coming across the face of the usually stoic Hero of Time. "Very well, my comrades. Let us head off to Sinjoh, where the Darkrai await, and allow us to put an end to this all-consuming darkness."

IC - Darkrai:

"The time is now," stated Adam Sombra, hovering over the ocean of Hoenn. The phantom's white hair flowed with the wind, almost seeming to blend into the air itself, as if it were mist. His black cloak made it seem as if he was wearing darkness itself, which, given his origins, wouldn't be far off from the truth. "Master has decided that now is the time for him to be released from his prison for good. Those are your orders. You are to now meet up with Shade at the Sinjoh Ruins. Others will be on their way there. Do not take them lightly." The phantom faded away into the wind, leaving the eight Darkrai to fly off towards Sinjoh Ruins, to prepare for the true return of their master.

~~~~

"The time is now... Ilios... Make your way to Sinjoh... He awaits..." The words of Adam Sombra echoed throughout the brand left upon the Ninth Darkrai.

IC - ???:

The creature beneath the earth crawled about it's prison, having now achieved some higher form of sentience, nevertheless, the madness within it still being channeled. "Your body submits to my whim... Your heart succumbs to my darkness... Yet why does your mind still resist my temptation?" The creature growled, as it let loose yet another scream.

IC - Daseos:

As the Darkrai flew alongside the others, throughout it's mind, it went over the many different possibilities as to how the upcoming battle will occur. It let loose a heavy sigh, knowing that there was no way that some casualities could be avoided. Nevertheless, it would need to be for the best.

OOC: IT BEGINS

~Det

OOC: Det: Oh, I know how that goes. No worries.

CM: Not sure.... X3

IC - Ilios - Dark Space: The time is now... Ilios... Make your way to Sinjoh... He awaits...

The Darkrai's eyes opened as the words echoed within his mind. Breathing deeply, he closed them again, feeling the cool touch of the surrounding shadows on his body, soothing the mark on his arm. He opened his bright green eyes as the darkness began to engulf him, transporting him away from his sanctuary and out into the light...

So it begins.

IC - Kyle Eston - Helicopters: For a moment, Kyle merely stared at Seth, surprised by the speech he had just given. Then he nodded, smiling somberly, and straightened up, saluting the Executive. The others followed suit, before the group split up and began to pile into each of the four helicopters.

Kyle followed Ryan, Ellen, and Volkner into one of the choppers, leaning out briefly and whistling. "Let's all go out for dinner when we get back--my treat," he called to the rest of the group, eliciting a series of light chuckles from the others. Waving to them, he slid the chopper's door shut, taking a seat and strapping himself in. Soon, the sound of whirring blades filled the air, and within moments the four transports had risen, taking off in the direction of the Sinjoh Ruins. As they passed over Four Island, Kyle began contemplating the likelihood of their return, though stopped himself before the thought could bring him down.

The sight of dozens upon dozens of Pokémon, trainers, and vehicles gathering in front of the Alamo below helped. He heard Ellen gasp in surprise as they flew over the army that would soon begin the assault on the Void Towers, whose ranks included the likes of not only Goldhawk and Blackskull themselves, but also the Legendary Weather Trio, who loomed above the combined Liberty, Magma, and Separatist forces like solemn giants. The very sight of them gave Kyle goosebumps, and he felt that sense of hope rise in his chest again at the realization that they would not be the only ones fighting in the coming battle.

IC - Bounty/Maxie/Blackskull/Goldhawk/Legendaries - Various: Four Island

"All forces ready and accounted for, sir," Lorn stated. Goldhawk nodded, though did not divert his gaze from the army that was assembled before him. Dozens of trainers--Liberties, Magmas, and Separatists--had gathered, uniformed soldiers mixed together in a force that symbolized the common interest that they sought. Behind them, towering above the human forces, stood thirteen Legendary Pokémon, all prepared to help as needed--for they, too, knew what was at stake, and were prepared to face death in the pursuit of fixing what was broken.

All were united under a single cause, a perfect symbol for what the world ought to be. But that was an issue for another time. As things were, the groups were prepared to embark on their mission. They awaited his command.

"I don't think I need to tell you what hinges on the outcome of this battle," he said to his forces. "I trust you all understand perfectly well what the stakes are today, and so I will not waste your time by telling you again. But I feel I must tell you this: We will fight to stem the flow of shadow in this land. And regardless of whether we win or lose, it is that willingness to fight that marks today as a special day, because today we demonstrate the true power of the unity that exists between humans and Pokémon. We will stem the flow of shadow not because we must, but because it threatens to break that unity. For the good of people and Pokémon everywhere--that is why we will fight this darkness, and that is why we will win."

As the group cheered and yelled in agreement, the force began to split itself up--one group, led by Blackskull, Maxie, and Ariadne, to be teleported to the Void Tower in Hearthome, the other, led by Goldhawk, Bounty, and Rayquaza, to Hoenn, to destroy the tower there.

"Good luck, everyone," Goldhawk said under his breath. "Let's all try to make it home..."

Solaceon Town

This place once brimmed with life. True, it was quiet, even then. But it was not dead, not inactive. Far from it. This was Sinnoh's town of youth, a place of rest and birth--a domain with which I am associated most closely. To impart such darkness as this upon so calm a land, stemming life where it is most potent... The great bird's wings quivered with wrathful flames, so brilliant that they easily cut through the shadows that dared try to engulf them. This is a crime that I cannot--will not tolerate.

And so it was that as Dack, Palmer, and company discussed their movement, the legendary Rainbow Pokémon carved his way through the sky above, ablaze with flames of a dozen different hues, eyes shining with the passion of one who is determined to see the world made right again. Ho-Oh flew, leaving a trail of light behind himself, calling to arms all who yearned for a return to the light of day.

His destination? Hearthome City, where the Void Tower stood in stalwart defiance of those who sought the sun.

IC - Meghan Vert - Café: James did not have to wait long. A gust of wind accompanied the opening of the door as Executive Meghan Vert entered the café, quickly scanning the room before spotting and approaching him. Smiling, she nodded at James, taking the seat opposite him. Quickly, she ordered a cup of ice tea from the waiter.

"You certainly work quickly," she said to James. "I take it all is going well?"

OOC: Anyone else pumped? I'm pumped.

For reference--combined TL Void Tower Strike Force and Others

Hearthome

-Blackskull

-Maxie

-Ariadne, Alpha Deoxys

-Odin, Vili, and Vé, three other Deoxys

-Team Magma Agents

-Team Liberty Agents and Executives, including Red and Gold.

-Latios x3

-Ho-Oh

Hoenn

-Goldhawk

-Bounty

-Rayquaza

-TR Separatist Agents

-Team Liberty Agents and Executives, including Josiah Lorn.

-Kyogre

-Groudon

-Latias x3

... You should be pumped.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png