Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

OOC:

OOC: And so, once everybody is ready, the battle will begin at last.

~Det

Well, if you insist...

FIC - Kyle Eston/Sheik - Sinjoh Ruins: Kyle looked at Sheik's Pokéball. The Thunder Pokémon stared back through the translucent casing. You ready?

I'm ready. You ready?

"I'm ready."

RIC - Kyle Eston/Sheik - Sinjoh Ruins: As they entered the ruins, Kyle replaced Jaeda's Pokéball on his belt, focusing on the briefcase in his other hand. Lifting it up, he pressed the two buttons on the sides with his thumbs, allowing a scanner to shine a yellow light over his eye. As it finished identifying him, the briefcase opened with a sharp, though quiet hiss. Slowing down slightly, Kyle watched as the case seemed to break apart, sections of mixed plastic and metal sliding over his hands and forearms, encasing them like white, armored gauntlets. Once this finished, the only remaining pieces in his hands were what appeared to be a pair of glasses and a flat, metal-encased belt.

For a moment, Kyle stopped walking, observing the gauntlets. "So much for battle armor," he said quietly. Shaking his head, he placed the glasses on his face. When nothing happened, he clasped the belt around his waist. Immediately, the lenses of the glasses lit up with a head's-up display. The fingers of the gloves also hummed to life. "And that would be the power source."

Quickly, he tagged the others as allies on his HUD, before continuing to follow after them. This is it, he thought. No going back now.

IC - Strike Teams - Near Hearthome/Lilycove: "Alright, people--let's go."

At his order, the Psychic-types began to move. The three Latias assigned to the Hoenn group, as well as the trio of Latios tasked with assisting the Sinnoh force, began to fly, rapidly circling their respective allies. Goldhawk nodded to Blackskull as a shell of psychic energy began to envelop them, blocking their view and cutting them off from the rest of the world. For a split second, it felt as if they were separated from the rest of time and space. As the shell subsided, the sense of weightlessness faded, replaced with unease in all minds as the bright lights were replaced by darkness all around.

For his part, the Liberty Leader maintained his cool, taking a moment to observe their new location. They had arrived on the outskirts of what appeared to be Lilycove City. The place still retained the devastation that it had suffered during the battle between the Ancients and the Legendary Pokémon of Hoenn. If reports from the Hojohsin League were to be believed, few people had remained in the city during the conflict, having been successfully evacuated beforehand, but that did little to lessen the impact of seeing the once-grand city in ruins. Lorn whistled at the sight, barely maintaining his cool now that he had seen the extent of the damage.

Goldhawk said nothing, instead turning his attention to the large tower that swirled up above. It enveloped much of Lilycove's higher areas, though he could see numerous buildings on the same level as it that were not cloaked in its shadows. That was good--they would be suitable pathways with which to get near enough to attack it, even enter it if they could manage it. For now, though, they needed to focus on the true threat.

Namely, the hundreds of Pokémon that were gathering around it, called forth to defend the tower from any that would dare defy its masters. They occupied the ground and the sky, some even approaching from the ocean. Those would primarily be a problem for Kyogre, once she arrived. The others, however... Well, why else had Team Liberty put together an army?

"This is it, everyone," Goldhawk called. "Hold nothing back, but do not kill unless your hand is forced. Bounty." Bounty straightened up. "You and your forces need to work on carving a path for us to get near the tower--particularly an airway for Rayquaza." The Shadow Admin nodded. He looked at the Latias. "Keep to the air, stick together, and stay on the lookout for anyone that needs to be healed. When you sense the Weather Trio's approach, let us know." The Liberty leader looked at the others. "The rest of you know what to do: Branch out and fight."

"Well, this is lovely," Blackskull sighed, shaking his head at the sight of Hearthome City. He left little time to ponder the darkened state of the place, instead rubbing his head and turning to the assembled forces behind him. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, the time's come to take back what's ours. Here's what we're going to--?"

"What is that?" Maxie suddenly said, cutting across the Liberty leader. Blackskull turned in surprise, turning to look at where Maxie was pointing. An arrow of flame seemed to be cutting its way through the sky, burning away whatever shadows it touched, leaving a rainbow to mark its trail. Flying behind it in the distance were many other bird and Flying-Type, all of them heeding the Rainbow Pokémon's call, just as hundreds of others were converging on that of the Void Tower. "That can't be...?"

"It must be," Blackskull answered. He grinned broadly. "Friends, it looks like Ho-Oh's taken it upon himself to bring us some back-up. Let's make him proud!"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Past IC: Ryan/Ellen

As soon as Ellen landed in the soft snow, she sent out the rest of her Pokemon. The young girl shielded her face from the blizzard as she looked up at the gaping mouth of the cave that lay ahead. For the first time, she truly felt how evil these Darkrai were. Something about what awaited within the cavern shook her to her very core. She knew how powerful these Darkrai were... and she knew all the more that they had to be stopped.

Ryan hopped down from the helicopter, and the first thing he noticed was the cold. He drew one hand toward Quil's Pokeball, and one toward Entei's. With a glance toward Kyle, he said, "I guess this would be a good time to put on the suits, huh?"

Present IC: Ryan

Once they were inside the caves, Ryan mimicked Kyle, holding the briefcase up to his eye and pressing the two buttons. A red light scanned his eye, then the briefcase opened up. Ryan watched in amazement as the gauntlets automatically covered his arms, leaving him with a pair of glasses and a belt.

Ryan frowned with disappointment as he put on the glasses and belt. "They weren't kidding when they said this was a prototype," he said. The glasses lenses lit up, indicating that the "suit" had been activated. Examining his gloved hand, Ryan lobbed a few fireballs at the ground in front of him. They exploded at his feet with more force than he was expecting, throwing him off balance.

"You'd think they would have at least shown us how to use these before sending us off to war!" he cried as he caught himself on the cave wall.

IC: Dack

"Who are you kidding?" Dack glared at Shadows, trying to force himself around the Darkrai. "Who could possibly be waiting for us?"

A dark howl pierced the air, causing Dack to pause in fear. Then the gatehouse door behind them flew off its hinges, propelled toward them by a blast of fire. Palmer managed to knock Dack out of the way, and Shadows simply phased through the attack. Looking back, they saw a Houndoom standing in the doorway, surrounded by burning flames.

"RUN!" Palmer shouted.

"It's just one Houndoom!" Dack cried. "We can take it!"

Palmer grabbed Dack by the collar of his shirt. "That was no ordinary battle cry," the Frontier Brain hissed. "It was a call to arms. If we want to make it to the Void Tower, we have to do so now."

Understanding the gravity of the situation, Dack picked himself up and raced through the gatehouse's remaining door and into the shadowy city. Not willing to let its prey escape, the Houndoom bounded after the group as they ran through the streets, heading toward the Void Tower that was now closer than ever.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: ZacAfter hearing Palmer, Zc tossed out Valor's pokeball and jumped on top of him, "Valor, Pick up Dack!" Zac yelled. In a second, Valor went to grab Dack's shoulders.Shadows went and grabbed Palmer's arms to help lift him into the air.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: One Liberty Executive and his team of Pokemon (and one legendary) materialized in Lilycove.

I am back here sooner than I would have hoped, James thought as he looked about him. He was almost saddened not having the Hojohsin making the place look not well destroyed. Almost of course, he would like to dispose of them completely but another time.

No now was the time to group with his allies and put an end to the Darkrai.

A pleasant excursion.

That way! the Celebi pointed to where the action had just begun to unfold. At not far from where they (except the flyers) stood was the rest of the Liberty forces (and their allies).

Spying Goldhawk, James and the others quickened their pace and he said, "Oh good, I am not too late," to his leader as he caught up to him.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

-==IC: Zach==-"Am I supposed to know who your sister is? Doesn't matter... I think you're just trying to push blame away." Zach said, as he sent out his Gallade and Zoroark."Blade; Psycho Cut on the Quilava; Katie, Night Daze on the Roselia." Zach said with a frown, misinterpreting the suspicious questioning to mean he was an ally of the person who just ran away.-==IC: Ray==-Ray, noticing the others activating their 'armour', attempted to do the same thing. Only problem, was that he was the only non-Liberty agent with the armour, so it didn't automatically work. Sighing, he simply shrugged, and opened it manually with the code that he had been told might be needed for an override."This seems... A little iffy." Ray said; the armour had the exact same design as the others; albeit with him having to manually put on the gloves as well.

"I have my own Flying-Type, you know!" Dack cried, squirming out of the Braviary's grasp. The Rocket Agent called out his Swellow, who promptly grabbed him by the shoulders. "Someone needs to grab Luke!" Dack said.

Valor swept down and picked up Dack's friend by the shoulders just before the Houndoom shot a Flamethrower at them. The four trainers flew off toward the Void Tower, following Ho-Oh.

From his vantage point, Dack could see several other Pokemon like the Houndoom that were drawn toward the tower. Even more surprising, he saw an army of trainers he didn't recognize and several Legendary Pokemon. They'd better be on our side, Dack thought. Otherwise, we're going to be in for the fight of our lives.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC KaitoA few hours later, the plane touched down in Sinnoh. "Well, we should probably find the others," Kaito said. "The Darkrai could attack any minute now." Kaito sighed. "Still, it seems like we barely spent any time in Unova... Maybe we could go back and explore a bit more after we beat the Darkrai."

aouROFb.png

IC: Zac and ShadowsZac saw the group as well, but wasn't that worried to e honest, "I think those guys over there are with us!" Zac said, "And what makes you think that?" Shadows asked,"Well, considering they are with some legendary pokemon, and that they are awake I don't really see that as a threat," Zac said,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Vincent

"Amazing that people are still willing to fly here," I thought to myself. "So," I muttered. "I take it that our friends are somewhere over there?" I remarked, pointing in the direction of Hearthome City. The faint outline of some giant bird (Ho-Oh) flying towards a growing darkness was visible.

IC: Aspen Seaton"Flare, Flame Wheel to counter, Meadow, dodge, then Magical Leaf." he told his pokemon, who set out to perform the moves they were told to use. Aspen scowled, saying "Right, it's my fault that some guy came out of nowhere to kidnap my sister." He then turned to Laurel, telling her "Stay back Laurel, you shouldn't involved yourself in this."

Edited by JiMing: Metal Overlord

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Zach==-"Blade, use Psycho Cut on the Roselia again, and Katie, use Flamethrower on it too." Zach said, using his typical double battle tactics here, as his Pokemon simply took the attacks."As I said; I don't know who your sister is; but that shouldn't be used as an excuse to help kidnap another person." Zach said, scowling as well; it appeared that both were totally misunderstanding the situation."Also; who are you to tell a Pokemon you helped defeat to stay out of a fight?" Zach asked, noting that Aspen was telling Laurel to stay out of the fight.

OOC: approximately, what route would we be approaching Hearthome from?

IC Kaito

"Good point," he said, stopping. "It is kind of a long way to travel on foot. Maybe we could make it, but whatever's going on over there, it'll probably start without us. We should hurry."

aouROFb.png

OOC: Where did you come from?

IC - Kyle Eston - Sinjoh Ruins: Kyle smiled somberly at Ryan and Ray. "I guess I can understand why they didn't," he answered the former, releasing Sheik from her Pokéball as he spoke. "Considering we didn't exactly wait long before heading off. But I do agree that these are a bit..."

Lackluster? the Raikou suggested.

"Lackluster is a good way of putting it," Kyle agreed. He twitched the fingers of his broken arm. The gauntlet had covered his cast and fingers, adding another layer of discomfort to the already-irritated bone and flesh of the limb. "Especially since I can move my hand even less now." He sighed. "Oh well. I guess I don't need more than one hand to send out and recall Pokémon, right?"

Kyle watched Sheik trudge ahead, scouting out the area before them. Every so often she would launch a small bolt of electricity at the wall, briefly illuminating the darkness as they moved nearer and nearer to the end of the hall. Her eyes glinted in the darkness as she scanned ahead, fur bristling more and more uneasily the deeper they walked...

IC - Bounty/Goldhawk - Lilycove: Bounty responded quickly and quietly. "Maintain approach to Void Tower, assist allies as necessary."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Zac Flash

The kid's going to get us out of this region, Meloetta said. Whether you get food or not is debatable.

Zac rolled his eyes. "I wish I had a ball to put you in," he grumbled. "The Center in Anville Town has food for sure. If you guys want some, I'll buy." He began walking out of the forest, in the direction of the town. "I'm expecting a friend, and going to Four Island in Kanto. You're free to join if you wish."

OOC: Alright, then I guess we would be on Route 215 at the moment.

IC Kaito

Kaito looked up and sighed. Based on the pouring rain, they would be soaking wet by the time they made it to Hearthome. "Oh, well. I suppose we should get going." No sooner than he had spoken those words that he had attracted the attention of a predator, a fierce Pokemon in the tall grass.

OOC: I'll do the encounter later when I have time to make a profile.

aouROFb.png

IC: Ryan/Ellen

"Yeah, I guess it's good that these things don't restrict our movement too much," Ryan said, flexing his fingers through his glove. He reached for his belt and pulled out Entei's Ultra Ball. The Legendary Beast emerged with a burst of light, peering cautiously into the darkness that lay ahead. Entei treaded lightly, ready to move should the Darkrai try and surprise them with an opening attack.

Ellen walked a little ways behind Ryan, Kyle and Ray, frowning as the three discussed the battle armor.

Don't let it bother you, Ellen, Solo advised. Regardless of how the power in those suits was harnessed, we'll still need every ounce of it in the coming battle. And we'll need you to focus all of your efforts on the fight -- we can't afford any distractions.

I know, Solo, Ellen sighed through their mental link. It's just... Ryan said his suit contained the power of fire from Heatran. But where is Heatran now? Don't you think a Legendary Pokemon could make better use of its own power than a human with some fancy wristbands?

I'm just as wary of those suits as you are, Solo said. But can you just forget about it for now? We can talk more about it later -- right now we have to focus all our efforts on defeating the Darkrai.

I'll try... Ellen said, tearing her eyes from the three power suits. Instead she looked into the darkness ahead, and a chill ran down her back. She was the youngest trainer there -- if "trainer" was even the right word. Everyone else walking through the cave with her had much more battle experience than she did. All of her Pokemon were unevolved, save Terry, who was merely a Herdier. In that moment, Ellen felt incredibly small, and she truly understood why Ray and the others would have preferred her to stay back on Four Island.

The four trainers flew behind Ho-Oh, joining the flock of hundreds of bird Pokemon that had heeded the Legendary's call. They flew past Staraptor, Pidgeot, Togekiss, and many others. As Dack glanced at them, he saw that each of their eyes burned with a desire for justice and a determination to destroy the Darkrai that had threatened their land.

But the rainbow was only a streak of light across a beak sky; for all around them, hundreds of other bird Pokemon flew towards the tower with more malicious intentions. Honchkrow, Crobat, and the like, each prepared to fight to the death to defend the Darkrai's stronghold. Most just focused on the tower, but a few of the braver ones darted into the rainbow's light to try and take out Ho-Oh's followers.

"Let's hope you're right, Zac!" Dack cried as his Swellow beat back a Mismagius that tried to drag them out of Ho-Oh's path.

"I think they are our allies," Palmer said as he watched the army from Shadows' arms. "I see some Latios with them, and I wouldn't imagine the Eon Pokemon would be ones to side with the Ancient Darkrai."

IC: Shadows and Zac"Of course not!" Shadows said, "Why would any legendary have the idea to ally themselves with ten of the most sinful and corrupt Pokemon? Would you ally yourself with the most evil and dangerous man in the world?""Valor! Push away any Pokemon that are gonna try to keep us away!" Zac yelled out. The Braviry nodded and began to knock back a Hounchkrow that tried to pull them away. Zac and Shadows were not gonna stop here. Zac was wanted to bring back his old home to its former glory, and he and Shadows wouldn't stop until the Ancients were defeated and Sinnoh was restored.

IC Kaito

The grass rustled softly. Kaito barely noticed the wild Pokemon... until the Scyther leaped in front of him. "Go! Ampere!" Kaito sent out his Joltik to battle. Ampere popped out... and fell to the ground, still frozen. Sighing, Kaito waited for him to thaw out. The Scyther didn't seem to mind, instead patiently waiting so that it could have a fair battle. Finally, the ice melted, and the battle began. "Electroweb!" Ampere shot out an Electroweb, darting around the Scyther, wrapping it up and shocking it. "Scy... ther! The Scyther sliced through the electroweb with ease, then attacked with Night Slash. "Dodge and use Thunder Wave!" Ampere leapt out of the way and zapped Scyther, paralyzing it. "Now! Signal Beam!" The wild Scyther tried to resist, but couldn't move, and was blasted.

OOC:

Species: Scyther
Nickname: Slyce
Trainer: Kaito
Appearance: Slyce is a darker green than most Scyther
Personality: Slyce is fierce and cunning, yet is an honorable warrior.
Ability: Technician
Speciality: Slyce moves swiftly and hits hard with precision strikes.
Known moves: X-Scissor, Night Slash, Double Hit, Quick Attack, Swords Dance, Double Team

aouROFb.png

OOC: Let the games begin.

IC - Seth:

"I can sense them up ahead," Seth said, motioning to an ornate doorway, which time seemed to have ignored. "Ready or not, we're heading in." As the group entered, they discovered a massive chamber, covered in many different carvings and symbols. At the other end of the room, the Ancient Darkrai had gathered in a circle around a stone tablet.

"Too late, humans," laughed Shade. "The ritual has already begun!" With the motion of his arm, the former Rocket Executive signaled for the Darkrai to begin the return of Sombra. With that, the gathered Darkrai let loose a terrifying sound, as time seemed to fluctuate, throwing off the sense of all present, primarily Seth, due to his connection with the element of time. The force was enough to bring the Hero to his knees, as he could only watch as a tear in time began to grow in the center of the room. The spatial distortion previously caused by the other nine Darkrai began to show as the room began to flow, the tear shaking and stretching.

"We're missing only one other, who should be on his way relatively soon," stated Adam Sombra. "Even if he chooses not to be free, it does not matter, as the Master will be reborn regardless!" A dark aura began to emanate from the rift in dimensions as a dark cloud began to cover the floor. A sinister chill was sent down the spines of all present, even those of the Darkrai.

"In the mean time..." Shade held out a Poke Ball, motioning towards Seth, as the man of darkness sent forth his Lucario, now also seemingly corrupted by the darkness of the Darkrai. "We have some unfinished business to attend to."

"As do we," growled Arthes, scanning all of those present. "While we await the arrival of Master, we may as well prepare for him a sacrifice!"

"Alright..." Seth growled between gasps, clutching his head, as he turned to his allies. "Choose your opponents, because it's time to get this battle started with! Let's see just how much damage we can do before the final Darkrai shows up!" Volt burst from his Poke Ball, as did his own Lucario, echoing the challenge of his future self. "Use your powers well, because this will not be easy at all!"

OOC:

Darkrai, Movesets, traits and those who have claimed them

One - Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void, Taunt, Toxic, Swagger - Calm (Evan Tierra)

Two - Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void, Payback, Dark Pulse - Rude (Ray and Summer)

Three - Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void, Calm Mind, Icy Wind, Psychic - Intelligent

Four - Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void, Giga Impact, Focus Punch, Swords Dance - Power-focused

Five - Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Rock Slide - Quick-Witted (Klim Prizak)

Six - Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void, Psychic, Focus Blast, Sleep Talk - Never speaks

Seven - Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Protect - Insane

Eight/Arthes - Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Dark Void, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Blizzard - Brutal (Kyle)

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

IC: Aspen Seaton"Flare, intercept the attacks with Flame Charge, Meadow, Toxic Spikes." he told his pokemon. He then looked at Zach, saying "I didn't kidnap anyone. How could I? I'm only 14 years old. And I told Laurel to stay back because Laurel belongs to my sister, Dahlia." he said with a growl.

IC: Evan Tierra, Sinjoh Ruins

"What he said, folks!", Evan said, "I for one will NOT be holding back this time! Too long have I had to have my pokemon hold back!"

Evan saw his opponent and smiled. It was the same Darkrai who had humiliated him in Hearthome City. He had been hoping to have a rematch with her for quite some time here.

"I had hoped I'd get the chance to make up for what had happened to those in Hearthome!", Evan said, smiling, "I guess now's my best chance!"

Edited by Hades

OOC: Theme for all my upcoming Ray/Jenny posts is the Sonic Generations Big Arms theme.I can't respond as Ray or Jenny right now, but...-==IC: Zach==-Zach's eyes widened, as his two Pokemon took the attacks. However, as they moved to attack again, Zach stopped them."Wait! ... Aspen?" Zach asked, somewhat astonished, as he did the math; Aspen would be around 14, since it had been about 3-4 years since he was in Olivine on a regular basis."So, then, I was right..." Zach said with a frown, as he looked in the direction the Pokemon had headed off in."Someone wanted her, but why...?" Zach mumbled to himself, likely confusing Aspen by that point due to not attacking.

IC: Aspen SeatonAspen raised an eyebrow in confusion. "You know me? And my sister? What's your name, anyways?" he questioned, his pokemon returning to his side.

OOC: Edit, but I want to suggest the first and second phase of the Sonic Colors final boss music for the Darkrai battle. Or maybe the Kirby's Return to Dreamland first and second phase final boss music?

OOC: I clearly missed the part where we made reservations for what Darkrai we're fighting. :P

Can I claim Seven for Ryan and Ellen?

IC: Ryan/Ellen

Let's go, Ellen! Solo cried telepathically.

"Right!" Ellen said, swallowing her fear. She looked past the eight Darkrai, at the rift in dimensions. "Do you think there's some way to close that portal?" she asked.

If there is, then that would definitely help, Solo said. Let's try to get a better look. Beside the Solosis, Artemis, Terry, Chrono, and Maturin all nodded in agreement, ready for the fight.

"Alright then, follow me!" Ellen told her Pokemon quietly. She ran along the edge of the massive chamber, hoping that the Darkrai would be distracted by the others and not notice her.

Ryan had just sent out Quil when he noticed Ellen and her Pokemon running along the perimeter of the chamber. One of the Darkrai spotted her and flew in for the attack. "Entei, we've got trouble!" Ryan cried.

The Legendary Beast took one look at the situation and dashed over toward Ellen, setting up a Protect to block the oncoming attack.

"You have a valid point, Shadows," Palmer said thoughtfully.

"Tell that to them," Dack said, motioning toward the horde of Flying-Types that covered the skies. Swellow swatted away a Crobat, only for three more to take its place. Before they had been flying at a pretty good pace, but now the four trainers were at a complete standstill. "Man, you sure weren't kidding about the Tower having guards," the Rocket Agent growled as he aimed a kick at a Golbat that was trying to sneak up behind him.

IC: Shadows and ZacShadows then flew close to Zac and placed Palmer on Zac's Braviary and went up high intot he air, "You might want to fall back," Shadows said to the group as his arms became engulfed in blue electricity.

IC Vincent"We don't really have time for this, you know," I said as I watched Kaito battle the wild pokemon. "I thought we were in a hurry?"IC JacobSeeing the text, Jacob checked his weapons-"Do I seriously bring that many guns?" he thought in disbelief-and began to stealthily make his way over to the tower. One of his pokeballs wiggled slightly; Jacob put a hand on the pokeball. "Shh," he whispered. "It's okay Dino."

IC Kaito

"Well, being prepared is probably worth the mere extra five minutes. It'll be fine." Suddenly and unexpectedly, the Scyther got up and managed to land a Quick Attack, knocking Ampere back. Before too long, the Scyther was charging at them with a Double Hit. "Look out! Jump!" Ampere, not sure what his trainer was up to, leapt into the air, evading the Double Hit, and landing on the Scyther. "Discharge!" Ampere proceeded to shock the wild Pokemon, as Kaito prepared a Poke Ball.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

IC - Kyle Eston/Sheik - Sinjoh Ruins: As Entei moved, a second Darkrai turned its attention toward the Legendary Beast. A malicious smile crossed her face as she raised a hand, palm glowing with energy as she took aim at Entei. With a growl, Sheik's fur began to shine with a powerful electric current, unleashing it in a quick Thunderbolt at the Nightmare Pokémon. Sheik's attack struck her hand, catching her attention. The Darkrai seemed to glare at the Raikou as she turned, watching as Kyle moved to stand next to the Thunder Pokémon. His hands shook silently, though he held the Darkrai's gaze, eyes betraying no hint of weaknesses amidst his determination. Eight's eyes narrowed in response.

"Do you intend to challenge me?" she asked.

"No. I intend to beat you," Kyle said, grabbing Jaeda's and Daiga's Pokéballs.

"Oh, such a hero," Eight replied, pretending to swoon. She righted herself, claws glowing icy blue as she prepared a Blizzard attack. "Spare me. I'm going to enjoy peeling your flesh from your bones."

You won't get the chance! Sheik answered with a roar. At this, Eight threw her hands forward, launching her icy barrage. Instantly, Kyle unleashed Jaeda, ordering her to meet the attack with a Flamethrower. The Charizard has hardly finished materializing when she complied, opening her maw and launching a stream of fire at the oncoming storm. Her flames proved strong enough to melt the snow and ice, leaving a cloud of steam between the Darkrai and her opponents. Eight chuckled at this.

"Well, well," she said. "Perhaps this will be interesting after all." With that, she pointed, unleashing a blinding burst of electricity at Jaeda and Sheik...

IC - Ho-Oh/Strike Teams - Hearthome/Lilycove: An eerie calm seemed to fall upon the world as Ho-Oh came to a stop before the Void Tower, eyes set determinedly on the surface of the dark structure. All around, the air and the Pokémon within slowed to a standstill, not all of them watching the Rainbow Pokémon but all aware of the gears turning in its heart and chest as it weighed the scales of light and darkness, judging for the final time the integrity of the Darkrai and their influence. Ho-Oh felt as if a pair of eyes stared back from the darkness, locking with his own green eyes.

In that moment, the scales tipped toward darkness, and his mission became absolute. Spreading his wings wide, Ho-Oh cawed, the sound ringing like a bell in the ears of all present. The Darkrai have defiled nature with the creation of these towers, the phoenix said. They have tainted the natural order of this world, destroying the balance that once was held. The Rainbow Pokémon's flames grew even brighter around it. The time has come to restore order. These shadows will be dispelled!

Blackskull had to cover his eyes as Ho-Oh unleashed a massive Sacred Flame attack from its wings, bright enough to trick the mind into thinking that the sun had returned to Sinnoh. It was not so, for soon the attack subsided, having slammed into the tower. When Blackskull looked up again, he managed to catch a glimpse of a massive, smoking gash in the side of the Void Tower, which had already begun to repair itself, drawing energy from the surrounding shadows until only a scar remained. In the same instant as it finished healing, the skies and ground around the tower became erratic, as its guardians fell into a monstrous frenzy in their desire to protect it. It did not take long for Ho-Oh's followers to engage.

"Alright, everyone!" Blackskull yelled over the growing sounds of battle. He released his Aerodactyl from its Pokéball, climbing onto its back "You know what to do! CHARGE!"

With a thundering roar, the combined Liberty and Magma forces complied, releasing Pokémon as they ran toward the city, battle vehicles trailing just behind the lines of infantry. Ariadne nodded to her own followers, rising into the air with telekinetic power before flying forward, moving to assist Ho-Oh as a swarm of Pokémon moved to engage him. The Latios circled one another as they, too, rose into the air, taking no time to begin launching Draco Meteor attacks into the hordes of enemy Pokémon below.

In Lilycove, much the same had occurred, though the reason for the sudden frenzy went unseen by Goldhawk and his forces. Observing the horde for a moment, the Liberty leader sighed, though straightened up and released his Magnezone. Below his feet, he felt a slight rumbling of the earth; in the distance, the ocean seemed to grow ever so slightly more uneasy; and in the sky, thunder boomed in the distance. The Latias looked at him, one of them nodding to confirm his suspicions.

"Alright," he said. "Let's do this!" With a yell, he ran forward, followed almost immediately by his fellows. Only Bounty did not charge, instead climbing onto the side of a moving tank as it passed by him. He planted the bottom of his cane against its side, releasing his Aggron onto the field and gesturing for it to move forward. It roared in anticipation, moving ahead of its trainer.

I have no doubt that we can succeed here, the Shadow Admin thought. My only concern is... who will pick up the pieces once all is said and done?

OOC: Dralcax: Scyther profile looks good.

Konuju: It seemed to be more of a out-of-RPG "Hey which one you want" thing... X3 But yeah, first come, first serve--he's all yours. :P

Also--"Dance to the Death," Kingdom Hearts 2.

On a semi-related note, I would like to confirm that there are assorted other Legendaries taking part in the Void Tower battles--things like other Lugia, individuals of the Kanto Bird, Johto Beast, and Hoenn Golems species, etc. For my sanity's sake I will not be showcasing every single one of them, but they are there. :)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Zach==-"It's me; Zach." The Liberty trainer said, as he recalled his two Pokemon, and then frowned, confused about something."What were you two doing here anyway?" Zach asked, though he was still wondering of the guy's motive.-==IC: Ray/Jenny==-Ray frowned, as he sighed, looking at the rather large challenge ahead of them. Nonetheless, he sent out Zangetsu, both of them ready for what would likely be the biggest fight of their lives. At the same time, Jenny sent out her Gyarados, ready for the fight as well, as the brother and sister nodded at each other, and then ran forward; Ray taking the lead, and Jenny following right behind, their Pokemon rushing forward as well.

OOC: If we're claiming, I call Three.

Also, Minun, if Richard wants to tag along, feel free to bring him. I'm going to be bring Zac over to help Justin.

IC - Zac Flash

Zac entered the Pokemon Center and searched for his friend's Munna, who would be bringing him to Four Island. Of course, he had no idea of how long ago he sent the message to Justin; for all Zac knew, the Munna could have been there for an hour or two. He looked down at his Nav to check the time, and when he looked back up, Zac noticed that the nurse was missing.

"Hello? l'd like some assistance please," he asked.

"I'll be out in a minute!" a voice responded from the back room, and the nurse entered with a tray of Pokeballs and a Munna. "Sorry about that. How may I help you?" The Munna let out a cry and floated towards Zac.

"Well," he started, "since Munna here seems to have found me, I don't need anything anymore. Sorry about that." He scratched his head, and signaled that he was okay for the Portal. Plush nodded and emitted dream smoke, forming an oval and suddenly igniting, opening a portal to the Dream World. Through it, Zac could see the second portal, which was supposed to go to Four Island. Instead, it opened to a dark hallway, partially covered by rubble.

"Hm.." he though, stepping into the Portal. "Actually, Munna, I have a friend who may want to come along. He's a guy with a violin. There's a good chance that he'll stop by, so if you could send him through as well, that'd be great."

IC - Justin Iredsi

Sparks growled at the sight of the Darkrai. And it was a sight to behold indeed, as energy circled around.

"I've got a bad feeling," Justin said, holding two more Pokeballs, ready to throw at any moment.

"And you should," Three said, stepping forward to meet Justin's gaze. "Your pitiful group has no hope here." Her eyes shifted towards the canyon outside of the palace, and exploded a wall, revealing the portal to the Dream World.

OOC: Yeah, I'll be doing that now.

IC: Hades walked over to the unconscious body of Richard Apollo and did his best to wake him up. And by best I mean a series of slaps and scratchs."Oh Hades, I just a strange dream... it involved Zac and Meloetta" the violinist said waking up.

Then the Sableye slapped him again.

"So not a dream?"A nod.

"And where'd they go?"

Hades pointed toward a portal that open near them. The bard instantly scrambled around return pokemon to pokeballs, gathering his things and launched himself through the portal. Falling out at the other end he seemed something of a mess.

"ZAC! MUSE! WHERE?!"

OOC: Posting now for sake of posting, planning to edit in a James IC.

Would there be any possible way to work Jamie into the battle at all? (Not necessary, but would be interesting).

Edited by Minun4

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Aspen Seaton"Zach.... Wait, I remember you! It's been a while though. Me and Dahlia came to deliver a flower shipment to a Pokemon Center here in Vermilion. Right as we were going to leave, a man in a blue cloak suddenly appeared, attacking us both. He paralysed Dahlia, and then kidnapped her. Then soon after you showed up. Speaking of which, how did you get here so fast? You came out of nowhere."