Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Ryan/Ellen

Seven used another Spacial Rend to cut off the three fire attacks. "What is this?" he asked, completely serious for once as he eyed Ryan's power suit. "A human using an elemental attack? Scandalous!" The Darkrai shot an Ice Beam at Ryan, attempting to freeze the suit, but Ryan quickly reacted with a fireball. The two attacks collided, fire and ice canceling each other out in a burst of steam.

"Surprised?" the Liberty trainer smirked. "I want to stop you just as much as my Pokemon do, so I'll fight alongside them!"

"Well, your Pokemon look like they could use a little break," Seven giggled, firing a Dark Void at Quil and Togie. "Nighty night!"

Ryan emptied his thoughts, preparing to use the power of Reverse to awaken the Typhlosion and Togekiss. As soon as he felt the power of the Void, he instantly retreated. Giratina's power allowed him to use the Void to cure status conditions. However, this time the Void essentially was the status condition. If he was going to cure it, he would have to be very careful, or else the Darkrai's Void would consume him as well.

The Liberty trainer pulled out two Pokeballs, sending out Mismagius and Dewott. "I'm going to try and wake up Quil and Togie, but it could take a while," he explained. "Can I trust you two to carry on the battle without me for a bit?"

Mismagius turned toward her foe with a smirk and used Power Gem. Dewott gave her trainer a nod before sharpening her scalchops with Swords Dance. As Seven started darting around the Power Gem, Entei unleashed a Lava Plume.

Once he was sure that his Pokemon could handle themselves, Ryan took a deep breath and closed his eyes, calling on the power of the Void once more.

Ellen saw this happening just as Solo reported that he had set up Light Screen and Reflect. "Alright, now we should go on the offensive," she said, as much to herself as to her Pokemon. "Um... Artemis, I need you to use Swift, then follow up with a Force Palm. Maturin, use Curse to raise your Attack and Defense, then use Razor Leaf. Chrono, use Hone Claws and then hit the Darkrai with Slash. Terry and Solo, you stay back here; you'll be the second wave of attacks."

Artemis leapt gracefully toward Seven, sending out an array of star-shaped energy bursts as she extended her hand for the Force Palm. The Turtwig stood still for a moment as Curse took effect, then sent a whirlwind of leaves flying toward Seven. Chrono, however, ignored Ellen's orders and went straight for the Slash. The Purrloin's eyes were full of hatred as he swiped at the Darkrai.

IC: Dack

Dack had to shield his eyes from the intensity of Ho-Oh's attack. When he could see again, there was a gaping hole in the side of the Tower, which was already starting to repair itself. "C'mon, faster!" he shouted to the others. "We have to make it before the tower heals itself again!"

Swellow furiously beat his wings, using Agility to increase his speed. Palmer pressed Cresselia to go faster as well. The Lunar Pokemon ignored the multitude of attacks coming from all directions; her only focus was on making it inside the tower.

Beside them, Palmer's Dragonite unleashed another Hyper Beam to clear away the enemies that stood between them and the tower.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC Kaito

"Great. We'll have this running in no time. Ka! Bo! Slyce!" Kaito let out his Pokemon. "I'll need your help to build this. Ka, you help me weld these together. Bo, you can help me nail these chairs to here. Slyce, help me saw through the fence,over there we'll need some of the wood." They began working. Eventually, Kaito unveiled his creation. The two lawn chairs were attached to a haphazard arrangement of wood and metal, which was then affixed to the back of the bike and given two wheels for support. There were two long planks of wood for safety bars, and a rear-facing area for Ka. Kaito and Ka hopped onto the modified bike. "Well?"

aouROFb.png

IC: Richard reviewed his day so far. First he saw of the greatest legends for any musician in front of him with a guy he fought at the tournament, and now he and that guy warped into a strange place to where another legend was and seemed to be fighting.

"Are you sure this isn't a dream?" he asked Hades...No, it is a dream... the Sableye said while doing his best dream ghost impression.

"Kay, good. Cause this would be pretty inspirational for song writing... would have made more sense if it started with Cresselia but..."

The bard considered this for a moment, "Right, dream battle first then song-writing," and pulled out whatever he pokeballs on him he could find and tossed them out. The forms of Erebus, Dionysus and Oceanus took the field alongside the Sableye already there.

"Erebus Rain Dance, Dionysus and Hades status spam, Oceanus... do whatever it is you do," the trainer said as the Tentacool started dancing around, Dionysus letting out a loud Yawn and Hades casting a Confuse Ray.

Roger, the Magikarp said before flopping over to try and tackle a legendary extremely powerful Darkrai.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC Kaito"Front." Kaito sat in the front and waited for Vincent and Karen to board. "Ready? Hold on tight! Ka, Heat Wave!" Ka used Heat Wave, providing thrust as the behemoth took off like a rocket. The wooden parts protested as they raced towards Hearthome.

aouROFb.png

-==IC: Ray==-"Now it's time to meet your doom, puny insect." Two said, as he fired off multiple Dark Pulse blasts at Ray and Jenny quickly. Ray dodged to the side, and helped Jenny survive the attacks at well with walls of ice, although he was the only one getting closer. Ray focused, even as a repeat of the Wide Dark Pulse was launched once more; twice this time. As he approached this time, Two attempted the Spacial Rend attack again, however, Ray had a feeling that the pattern would be the same, and dodged to the side, and then forward for the three attacks."How is this possible!? You humans are supposed to just die!" Two growled, as Ray didn't respond, simply sending Zangetsu out for another Close Combat, while firing off an Ice Blast at Two himself; both hit him, and caused him to growl. Recalling Zangetsu, Ray followed quickly after the Darkrai, who noticed Ray following, and attempted to slow him down with a few Dark Void attacks. Ray narrowly avoided a few of them as he had earlier, with some help from quick dodging skills, and the ice blasts. As he got closer, the Darkrai attempted a Spacial Rend on him once more; however, between using ice to buy himself a little more time, and just plain dodging, he managed to avoid all four shots."You little pest... Take this!" Two roared out, as time appeared to slow down... However; Ray simply smirked."Now you know what I'm made of." Ray said, as his voice appeared to echo, as the world appeared to turn greyish beige where they were fighting. Sending out an old friend; Ray quickly made his way toward Two. Going faster than he normally would be able to, the Entei actually had to slow himself slightly, and still surpassed the speeds of a supersonic jet. Slightly fearful of what was happening, Two attempted to blast Ray with everything he had. However, Dark Pulses either had no effect or just plain missed; and his Dark Void attacks were far too late to help. Covering his fist in Ice temporarily, Ray slammed into the Darkrai, and passed him; knocking the Darkrai to the ground quickly, as the time effect, and reverse effect, faded, even as the Darkrai slowly began to rise once more; battered and beaten, but apparently not out; although he was rather stunned at that moment, unable to actually attack.OOC: I'm actually regretting not switching Entei for Raikou for this fight; would've been awesome to literally reference Super Sonic. =P Also; the punch never went 'through' the Darkrai; just knocked him away as Ray shot past.

OOC:

OOC: Happy Birthday RotR! =D

I'll probably get an IC in later.

^^This.

Dang, three years already. Time sure flies.

So I guess that means another reward point for everyone--as well as a present. Enjoy and discuss while I work on this big post. =]

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: I think I still haven't used my reward from two rewards ago. xD But, for the record, this one will be used for another evolution. Not sure whose; but it won't be for this fight, since Ray and Jenny's fight is all but wrapped up. Unless it evolves afterward.And yes, happy birthday RotR! =D

Edited by BZP Blade

OOC: Wow, three years. It feels like just yesterday I was writing my first IC, about a young boy and his Cyndaquil arriving in Cerulean. Now, three years later, with a whole new generation of Pokemon introduced (and another one on the way!), and over 300 pages spanning two topics, I've developed two more characters, and that young boy with a Cyndaquil is now battling one of the most powerful Darkrai in the world! Who would've thought?

But seriously, this RPG has reminded me how much fun writing can be and has greatly improved my writing skills. Plus, it's allowed for some interesting introspection; I can see a bit of myself in each of my characters. It's been a fun three years, and I'm looking forward to many more great things to come. So cheers!

IC: Ellen

Seven had turned around to face Entei when Artemis' Swift attack struck him from behind. He turned back around just as the Mienfoo's Force Palm collided with his face. The Darkrai staggered back, but had no time to react before Maturin's Razor Leaf hit him, followed by Chrono's Slash.

"So, you like to play rough?" Seven giggled, using Spacial Rend.

Ellen's eyes glowed once more as the power of Space allowed her Pokemon to dodge the attack. "I'm willing to do whatever it takes to stop you, Darkrai," Ellen said. "Artemis and Chrono, fall back and use Meditate and Hone Claws! Maturin, use Seed Bomb, Solo, use Rollout, and Terry, use Take Down!"

As Ellen's Pokemon performed their various attacks, Ryan's Dewott rushed forward to use Shell Blade, while Mismagius attacked with Magical Leaf and Entei used Flamethrower. However, Chrono once again disobeyed orders and tried to Slash Seven once more.

"You must be crazy if you think you can defeat me!" Seven cackled. Whirling around, he sent a Shadow Ball at Solo, counteracted the Magical Leaf with an Ice Beam followed by a Shadow Ball that struck Mismagius in the process, sent another Ice Beam to stop Entei's Flamethrower, then used Protect to block the rest of the attacks.

Solo and Mismagius both staggered back from the Darkrai's attacks. Mismagius glanced over at her trainer. Ryan was still standing with his eyes closed, trying to use his powers to awaken Quil and Togie. Seven was more powerful than anything they had ever faced. Mismagius knew that another Shadow Ball or two from the Darkrai would knock her out. She only had once chance. Rising up above the battle, Mismagius began to sing a haunting melody. Perish Song.

But before she could get the entire song out, Seven used Roar of Time, drowning out Mismagius' song.

"Everyone, get back!" Ellen cried. Her eyes glowed again as she called on the power of Space to help her Pokemon dodge the attack. But Chrono refused to listen, instead rushing up behind the Darkrai to use Slash again. Thanks to Ellen's power the Purrloin was able to dodge the attack, but at the last minute Seven turned around and grabbed Chrono with his dark claws, hurling the cat to the ground at Ellen's feet, firing three Ice Beams in rapid succession, knocking the Purrloin out.

"It seems your Purrloin has a bit of an obediance issue," Seven laughed as Ellen picked Chrono up in her arms. The Darkrai floated down to the young girl and whispered softly in her ear. "Now, what does that say about you as a trainer?"

Ellen backed away, holding Chrono's limp form close to her. "This is Chrono's first battle since he joined me," she said. "He just hasn't gained enough trust in me yet!"

Seven cackled as he floated back into the air. "Well, I hate to break it to you, sweetie, but that Purrloin doesn't like you. It's clear to anyone with two eyes and a brain."

Terry leapt toward the Darkrai, using Retaliate. Artemis leapt forward, too, her body starting to glow and change shape.

Ellen looked down at Chrono sadly. She had truly believed that she could gain the Purrloin's trust. But as much as she hated to admit it, Seven was right. Despite all she had done for him, Chrono still wouldn't open up to her. Why?

OOC: Since I never used the last reward, I'm using it now for Artemis' evolution. Profile coming soon.

Also, "Cave of the Past" from Earthbound for Ryan's IC.

IC: Ryan

The sounds of battle faded as Ryan entered the Void. He could see Quil and Togie, both covered in a shadowy energy -- the nightmares Seven was feeding off of. Ryan tried to will the nightmares away like he had with other status conditions, but nothing happened.

Or rather, something happened. Indistinct shadows seemed to move in the darkness of the Void. Ryan ignored them and continued to try and wake up his Pokemon. But the more he tried to use his powers of the Void, the more the shadows seemed to move. Ryan started to see how lonely of a place this Void was -- there was no light or heat, and is almost felt as if there was no air.

Why can't they just wake up so we can get out of here? he thought to himself as he looked at his Pokemon fighting against their nightmares. The temperature seemed to drop and Ryan felt an overwhelming sense of hopelessness. The shadows writhed like snakes and started to move closer, clouding his vision.

Ryan's eyes widened as he realized what the shadows were: they were his nightmares! They hadn't completely taken form yet, but the longer he stayed in the Void, the more powerful they became, threatening to consume him, turning him into nothing more than another source of energy for the Darkrai. Ryan shivered at the thought as his eyes began to grow heavy. It would be easier to just fall asleep and forget all his troubles...

No, he told himself. I can't give up. Not yet. Standing up, he walked over to where Quil and Togie lay. Each step was harder than the last... it felt like he was treading through a muddy swamp. When he finally made it over to his Pokemon, he wasn't sure if he'd have the energy to continue. Taking a deep breath, Ryan laid his hand on Quil. He couldn't make the nightmares go away, but he could at least free his Pokemon from them.

A dark tendril of energy wrapped its way around Ryan's arm as he absorbed Quil's nightmare. A thousand different emotions hit him at once: fear, defeat, grief. It felt like an eternity, but at long last the shadows surrounding Quil disappeared; for now they were surrounding Ryan. Struggling to stay awake, Ryan staggered over to Togie to free him from the nightmares as well.

With both his Pokemon awake, Ryan fell to his knees, exhausted. "Go on," he told them, managing a weak smile. "I'll be right...... behind....... you.........." With no more energy to resist, Ryan closed his eyes, allowing the nightmares to consume him...

A firm hand grasped his arm. Ryan looked up weakly to see Quil, with a fierce look in his eyes. With a roar, the flames on his back erupted, shooting the temperature up about a thousand degrees. Togie put a wing under Ryan's arm to support him.

"Heh..." Ryan smiled. "You guys won't leave without me, huh?" With the support of his Pokemon, Ryan felt a newfound strength. The nightmares started to disperse. "Alright, then!" the Liberty Trainer cried as the three of them started to rise up out of the void. "Let's go and defeat that Darkrai once and for all!"

OOC: Wow. That ended up being a lot darker than I had intended. :blink: Sometimes I scare myself.

To end off on a more cheerful note, Happy Birthday, RotR!

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: Dralcax: Sure.

Blade: Righty right.

Konuju: Oui, c'est tres excéllent! The RPG's certainly taken a lot of turns that I never would have expected. I'm glad to be a part of it. ^_^

Also, now seems like a pretty good time to make this announcement. As you all know and remember by now, we have done... well, quite a lot of damage to the various regions in RotR at this point--melting Lavaridge, destroying Ecruteak, blowing up large parts of Castelia, etc. Obviously, all of this has been pretty taxing on people, both OOC and IC. As such, once the Darkrai plot ends, I intend to initiate a several-months-long timeskip in-game so as to catch the RPG up to real time--moving the game from late December to, for a rough estimate, mid-May.

This will allow us to reset some things and gloss over a few details/a rather boring reconstruction period where the damaged portions of the land are repaired and what not, on top of giving our characters an in-game break. Plus it'll help to set up some near-future stuff--like that teaser. >:]

So yeah. Fair warning~

Also--no comments or questions about that picture I linked to? I am disappoint. How about this one? (Seriously. Someone ask. I've been dying to say, "I can't tell you." ever since I last posted. :P)

IC - Blackskull/etc. - Hearthome City: Blackskull tried to force his way through the crowds of Pokémon as well, though found that it was impossible with the sheer number of enemies in the area. Still, he could see at least a few others moving forward, so as long as they made it, all would be fine--they would get another chance soon, otherwise.

"Alright, let's keep it up!" he yelled to his allies, rallying them for another attack...

IC - Goldhawk/etc. - Lilycove City: The battle raged on like a war zone. Goldhawk's entire team had been sent out, and each of his Pokémon were busy tackling at least three opponents apiece. As they battled, the ground beneath the Liberty Leader's feet shoot, as Groudon continued its approach. That meant that Kyogre and Rayquaza would not be far behind...

Someone shouted, pointing to the sky and prompting Goldhawk to shift his focus. The clouds above were parting, and from them a large, green dragon descended, roaring as it appeared in the sky. At the same time, the ruins of Lilycove shifted as the ground split open. Ground emerged from the rubble, letting loose his own roar as he launched a Solarbeam at a group of enemy Pokémon, his Drought ability forcing the shadows to disperse in random areas and allowing the sun to make brief appearances. From the ocean, a powerful Ice Beam launched, sniping a dozen Fearow out of the sky with shocking accuracy. Kyogre, too, had finally arrived.

Goldhawk smiled. Now the real fun would begin...

IC - Kyle Eston/Sheik/Eight - Sinjoh Ruins: Eight merely smiled darkly at Kyle's words, even as his allies rallied in their efforts all around them. She paid no heed to the trouble that Two was in, nor to the damage being inflicted on the other Darkrai by their respective targets--not even those fighting the Gym Leaders nearby, or the Heroes of the Creation Triad. Her focus was on Kyle and his team alone.

"A worthless human will never be able to defeat me," she spat. "No matter how optimistic they may be. Do recall that next to the Master, I am the second strongest of the Darkrai--Eight. You have no hope of victory!" Fully recharged now from her Roar of Time attack, Eight raised her hand, opening a portal of darkness beneath her opponents in an attempt to put them to sleep. Immediately, Sheik leaped away, followed by Ruj. Jaeda grabbed Kyle, flying him over to a safe area, using herself to shield him against a Shadow Ball attack as they landed. She grimaced in pain, but appeared okay.

Kyle patted the Charizard on the neck in thanks, watching as Ruj and Sheik surrounded Eight. The Darkrai paid no heed to them, keeping her eyes on him. He scanned the field for only a moment before nodding at Jaeda, gesturing for her to go forward. As she stepped in front of Eight, Kyle grabbed Kitheus's, Daiga's, and Kovian's Pokéballs. "I guess it's a good thing I'm not the one who's going to defeat you, then," he said to the Darkrai. She frowned. "Like I said, I'm not alone here. I've got my Pokémon to help me. What do you have, Eight?"

As Kyle said this, several things occurred. Eight released an angered growl, thrusting her hand forward and launching a Thunderbolt at Kyle. Jaeda charged forward, empowered by Jaydes's Lucky Chant and Kyle's temporarily affiliation with space, dodging around the attack and delivering a powerful Metal Claw to Eight's side before the Darkrai actually realized what was happening. She managed to shadow-jump into the air as Ruj aimed a Poison Jab at her, causing the Ground-and-Flying-Type to be struck by Sheik's Thunderbolt, though took no damage. Kyle himself released the remainder of his team, Daiga absorbing the attack from Eight as he emerged.

Time seemed to slow down as the Liberty agent watched everything take place before him. As soon as he saw teleport into the air, he pointed. "Everyone, now!" he called.

Six aura-surrounded Pokémon answered, sped up and strengthened by the very bonds that connected them. Eight emerged from the darkness just in time to see Daiga curled up and flying toward her, striking the Darkrai with Rapid Spin. As he fell back to earth, he twisted, launching a Swift attack directly in front of her, momentarily blinding her with the light from the stars of energy that he had summoned. Her vision swimming now, Eight could barely make out the silhouette of Jaeda flying towards her again, one set of claws glowing silver, the other glowing purple.

As Jaeda roared, swinging her claws at the Darkrai, Eight swiped her own hands to the side. A tear in space appeared before her, which Jaeda's claws swung into, reappearing behind the Charizard and cutting into her back. The Flame Pokémon roared again, pulling her arms back and unleashing a Flamethrower attack at Eight as she prepared to hurl a Thunderbolt at her opponent. Both Pokémon retreated, barely avoiding their enemy's attack. Eight's reprieve was not to last, however, as she was immediately assaulted by a combined Thunderbolt attack from Sheik and Kitheus, knocking her back into a Water Pulse from Kovian. Gripping her head as the sonic attack confused her, Eight could do nothing to dodge another Thunderbolt from the electric pair, which was amplified by the water on her body.

Finally, Ruj swooped down, slamming into Eight with another Poison Jab. The Darkrai screamed in pain and rage as she crashed into the ground, immobile for barely a moment before she began to push herself up again, glaring at her adversaries as they formed a ring around her.

"Enough!" she shouted. "I refuse to fall now!"

Give it up already, Arthes...

"Do you have much choice?" Kyle asked. "You're beaten, Eight. Give it up."

"Beaten?" There is nothing else for you to do, Eight. "Beaten!? I'll show you beaten!" Eight-- Kyle covered his ears as a head-splitting scream sounded, another Roar of Time from the Darkrai. It seemed to go on and on, slamming into each of his Pokémon, wracking each of them with unbearable pain, though in reality it lasted only a few moments. Such was the power of Time. He could barely look up even when the attack subsided, eyes widening as he saw his entire team on the ground. In the middle of them stood Eight, hunched over with a primal rage, eyes wide with anger. In a flash she had shot forward, grabbing his by the throat and slamming him into the wall behind him. Kyle could barely gasp through her grip on his neck.

"Who's beaten now, worm!?" Eight hissed. White spots started to appear in Kyle's vision as she raised a fist. Holding his breath, the Liberty agent closed his eyes, turning his head...

A rush of wind swept over them, catching Eight by surprise. The next instant, Kyle saw a bright, green flash through the darkness of his eyelids, accompanied by an intense wave of heat and a scream from Eight. As he opened his eyes, the Darkrai's grip loosened, and she dropped forward against him, barely conscious. Kyle collapsed under her weight, through managed to push her off and pull himself away, catching his breath as he did so. The agent ran a hand over his throat, coughing from the pressure Eight had put on it, in shock from both her sudden surge of power and the danger that his own overconfidence had put him and his team into. To his... relief? Horror? He wasn't sure what to feel. Regardless, no one else had noticed what happened, judging from their continued focus on the other Darkrai. So, then... what was that...?

He looked at his team, eyes wide as he tried to figure out what had happened. He could only assume Jaeda, but the Charizard was lying on the ground, seemingly unaware of anything going on around her, so he ruled out that possibility. Shaking his head, he scrambled forward, quickly using whatever healing items he had on his Pokémon.

As his Pokémon began to stir, Kyle moved over to Sheik, placing his palms on her side and activating his gauntlets. Electricity flowed into her, restoring her health little by little, until finally she awoke with a start, grimacing as she tried to move. Kyle--? What... I'm...

"Sheik," Kyle said quickly, lying his head on her side in relief. Even so, he still shook uncontrollably. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I... I underestimated her..." He clenched his fist, looking at her. "That could have ended so much worse than it did..."

Sheik was silent for a moment. But... it didn't, she said simply, licking his face. Unless I'm in the Dark World... Seems different than I imagined... But no; don't fret over this. The Raikou looked at Eight. She's not a threat... for now.

Kyle nodded weakly as his other Pokémon began to recover, moving to join them. The Liberty agent looked about the large chamber, his breaths slowly steadying. "I'm glad no one had to see that," he said, sighing. "Seeing your motivational speaker almost get killed right after his motivational speech... Pretty sure that wouldn't be good for anyone involved..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Seeing as how it's been December for well over a year, the time-skip sounds like a good idea. :P

As for those pictures, my best guess would be those creatures from that alternate dimension that Pryce was in. Although the second one kinda looks like a satelite. Any particular reason why one is black-on-a-white-background and the other is white-on-a-black-background?

Also, here's Artemis' new profile:

Species: Mienshao (female)
Nickname: Artemis
Trainer: Ellen Burks
Appearance: The yellow on the tips of her whiskers are the same shade of yellow that they were when she was a Mienfoo. Also, her eyebrows are a bit less prominent than usual for a Mienshao.
Personality: Artemis retains her serious nature. Although she is a bit quicker to fight than she was as a Mienfoo, she still prefers to do so with grace and elegance, turning her battles into more of a dance.
Ability: Inner Focus
Specialty: Quick footed and agile, she has great Speed, but is a little lacking in Defense
Known Moves: Pound Jump Kick, Meditate, Detect Drain Punch, Swift, Calm Mind, Force Palm Aura Sphere

Pound replaced with Jump Kick, Detect replaced with Drain Punch, and Force Palm upgraded to Aura Sphere

Edited by Konuju

OOC: Totally didn't make the connection that that was an image link the last time; sorry. xDThat is oddly intriguing, though; I wonder what it could be... I'm thinking connected somehow to the Power Suits, but I also kinda doubt that, simply because they don't look like suits at all...Also; a timeskip would be rather cool, I think I can figure out a way to explain away the waiting. =P

OOC: Konuju: Profile approved.

Blade: Not a problem. xp

Pictures: Yay comments. :P Like I said, I can't/won't confirm or deny anything, but I can say that it's gonna be big. As for the background/silhouette colors--no significant reason. I'm just shifting between them with every other picture. Case in point. Call it stylistic choice. =)

Time Skip: Well, I'm glad to see a positive reaction. ^__^ But yes, this has been a bit overdue for a while now... XD Now, I hope you're just referring to your characters Blade, cause everyone else is going to be helping rebuild cities and such. No intricate explanations needed there. :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Evan Tierra

Gnip slashed at the immobile Darkrai, her eyes aflame with rage. She continued to do so.

Until......

"FOOL!", One shouted, "I am one of the Ancient Darkrai! You will not fell me so easily! Prepare to meet your fate!"

Suddenly, the Darkrai statred to charge energy that seemed to distort Evan's perception of time. Evan returned his Pokemon to their poke balls, freeing One from her Grass Knot prison. The Darkrai fired a Roar of Time at Evan, hoping to destroy him once and for all.

"Sorry, not dying again!", Evan said, grinning big as he dodged the beam, "Now you look a bit tired. It's time for lights out! Gnip, Draco Meteor!"

Evan threw out Gnip's Poke Ball, releasing his Garchomp. The Garchomp roared and fired a multitude of small meteors at the Darkrai, who couldn't move, due to recharging from using her Roar of Time.

The attack struck her, creating an explosion of dust. When the dust settled, One was laying on the ground, breathing harshly

"No!", One shouted weakly in disbelief, "How could I lose to you!?"

"Simple, I couldn't afford to lose.", Evan said, a tired grin on his face, "Especially when I am surrounded by these fine friends!"

IC: Klim Prizak

When the dust settled after Klim's double strike against Five, the Darkrai looked enraged and tired. The Darkrai took several deep breaths and lowered himself.

"What are you?", Five shouted in disbelief, "You were OUR prisoner! You were supposed to be the weak link of the Heroes!"

"I guess you were wrong!" Klim said to the defeated Darkrai.

OOC: Yeah, I didn't think the silhouette colors meant anything, but it's probably the black background that makes that second picture look like a satellite to me. Although that third one definitely looks like one of those creatures from that alternate dimension. I looked back through the topic to find the description of them:

There were twelve of the beasts in total. Of those twelve, ten were serpent-like, eerily similar in body structure to a Gyrados or a Milotic. But their heads... could they even be said to have heads? Their long bodies, with double-finned tails, ended abruptly at a four-pointed, curved crest, from which all four horn-like points curved backward. In the center of the crest was a single, glowing circle, with a horizontal line cutting through it, giving the appearance of an eye. Thousands of wire-like strands spilled out from the base of the creatures' necks, giving the appearance of hair; from what Adams had seen, they appeared to possess some sort of toxin, akin to that of a jellyfish, as several Déoza Pokémon had discovered. They had succeeded in killing one of these ten, though that still left the others--and they would not go down.

It may not have thousands of wire-like strands, but I noticed all three of those pictures have one wire-like strand coming out from them.

Although I'm a bit at a loss for what the other two pictures could be: the second of those creatures you described was "a bipedal creature, ape-like in stature," and none of these pictures seem to show that. The third creature was shrouded in mist, and I can't remember if its true form was ever actually revealed.

Anyway, enough with the theorizing. On with the Darkrai battle! :P

Ryan opened his eyes and realized that he was lying on the ground. Ellen was looking at him with concern, holding her fainted Purrloin in her arms. "You're awake!" the young girl exclaimed, breathing a sigh of relief.

"What happened?" Ryan asked, sitting up. Entei, Dewott, and Ellen's Pokemon were still battling Seven, although Mismagius had fainted (from her failed attempt at Perish Song, but Ryan did not know that).

"You collapsed to the ground all of a sudden," Ellen explained. "I thought you might have gotten trapped in the Void."

"I very nearly was," Ryan admitted. He looked over at Quil and Togie, who were both starting to stir.

"Impossible!" Seven yelled when he noticed that his victims were awake. Throwing up a Protect to block the oncoming attacks, the Darkrai flew down to where Ryan lay, pointing a dark, clawed finger at the Liberty Agent. "How did you manage to escape the Void?! And how did you free your Pokemon from it?"

"It was the bond I share with my Pokemon," Ryan said as he stood up, sending out the remaining members of his team. Aggron and Gabite both roared at Seven as they emerged from their Pokeballs. "That's something you would never understand, Darkrai. We faced your Dark Void together, and won. And now we'll do the same with you."

"I'd like to see you try," Seven said menacingly, readying a Shadow Ball in one hand and an Ice Beam in the other.

Ryan glanced at Togie and gave a tiny nod. "Now!" he shouted even as the Togekiss took off in an Extremespeed. Once Togie struck Seven from the side, Gabite and Aggron both leapt into action, using Dragon Claw and Metal Claw, respectively. At the same time, Dewott attacked from behind with Aqua Jet. The attacks hit one after another, not giving Seven any time to react.

Laughing maniacally, the Darkai shot Shadow Balls and Ice Beams in every direction. The first few attacks were haphazard -- Togie managed to absorb many of the Shadow Balls, and Dewott was able to take several of the Ice Beams -- but it wasn't long before the Ice Beams found their way to both Gabite and Togie. Ryan's Pokemon retreated as Entei used Lava Plume, causing fiery meteors to rain down on upon the Darkrai. Quil attacked with Swift while Ryan used his battle armor to melt Seven's Ice Beams.

Artemis darted toward Seven, not even trying to dodge the Lava Plume, Swift, and Shadow Balls. As soon as she made it to the Darkrai's side, she used Drain Punch to restore her health. Seven tried to catch Artemis in an Ice Beam, but the Ellen's powers allowed the newly-evolved Mienshao to dodge the attack as she fired an Aura Sphere and quickly retreated.

While Terry attacked with Take Down and Maturin bombarded Seven with Seed Bomb, Ryan briefly explained his plan to Ellen, then rushed over to where Entei and Quil stood. Unfortunately, the element of surprise was quickly wearing off. Seven was able to freeze the Seed Bombs with an Ice Beam and knocked Terry back with a Spacial Rend.

"You think you can defeat me with chaos?" the Darkrai giggled as he continued to fire Shadow Balls and Ice Beams at the assorted Pokemon. "I thrive in chaos! Let's see how you fare when your very world is falling apart!" With that, Seven unleashed a joint Roar of Time and Spacial Rend.

The result was staggering.

The attack hit so fast that even with Ellen's powers, her Pokemon had no time to dodge. It seemed to come from everywhere at once, and as the warping of space and time raged around them, a tiny hole in the fabric of reality opened up near Seven, similar to the one the Ancient Darkrai had made in the center of the chamber.

Seven quickly called off the attack and the hole popped out of existence before it could grow too large. The Darkrai laughed at the sight of Ryan, Ellen, and their Pokemon staggering back to their feet. "Now, how's that for chaos?" he gloated.

"You're right..." Ryan said, catching his breath as he looked up at the Ancient Darkrai. "You're too good for that strategy... maybe we should just go for a more controlled approach. Togie! Gabite!" The two Pokemon rushed in from either side, both moving at full speed toward Seven.

"When will you ever learn?" the Darkrai giggled, sending out an Ice Beam from each of his hands.

But at the last second, Togie flew upward and Gabite dove underground, each dodging their respective Ice Beams. Ellen gave a shout and Solo rose up, using Telekinesis to hold Seven in place with his arms outstretched.

"What the--?!" the Darkrai cried as he struggled against the Solosis' mental hold. "You dare try and constrain me?"

"Uncontrolled chaos is just a disaster waiting to happen," Ellen said as Artemis used Swift.

"Uncontrolled? I simply like to live life on the edge," Seven laughed as he used Protect, causing the star-shaped energy bursts to fall harmlessly to the ground.

"Is that so?" Ryan smiled as he pulled the Fire Gem out of his pocket. Light reflected off the small stone, bathing the Darkrai in a fiery glow.

Upon seeing the stone, Seven chuckled to himself. "Well, it seems you have me beat. Here I am, stuck spread-eagled in the air, forced to embrace my end with open arms. And you made me use Protect to lower its accuracy, so I can no longer hide behind my shield. Well played."

You'd better hurry! Solo cried, his face twisted in concentration. I don't know if I can hold him much longer!

"Yes, you'd better hurry," Seven giggled. "Defeat me while you still have the chance!"

Ryan nodded first at Entei, who stood at his left, and then to Quil, on his right. Then he tossed the Fire Gem into the air and shot a burst of fire from his battle armor. On either side of him, Entei and Quil both used Flamethrower. The three attacks hit the Fire Gem at the same time. The stone glowed red hot as it magnified the attacks, unleashing an enormous blast of fiery energy aimed straight for Seven's chest.

Ryan looked up at Seven, and what he saw chilled him to the core. The Darkrai showed no fear. Instead, he was laughing. By the time Ryan realized what was happening, it was too late. A split second before the blast of fire hit him, Seven created a Shadow Ball of equal size. The two attacks collided with an explosive force, throwing everyone backward.

Ellen held Chrono tightly as the explosion threw her against the wall. She hit the ground and lay there for a long while, dazed. When she finally regained her senses, she painfully looked up to see a scene of total devastation. Her Pokemon were scattered across the portion of the chamber where they had been fighting. Those that hadn't already fainted were close to it. Ryan and his Pokemon had been thrown closer to the center of the chamber. The Liberty trainer had just picked himself up and was checking to see if Entei and Quil were alright. Beyond them, Ellen saw the rest of Team Liberty's strike team and the Ancient Darkrai. Many of the battles had already ended, but a few still raged on, paying little to no attention to the huge explosion that had just wrecked a sizeable portion of the battlefield.

Grabbing several berries and revives from her bag, Ellen slowly made her way to each of her Pokemon, comforting them as she applied the various healing items. Her own body ached, but thankfully she didn't seem to have broken any bones. When she made it over to where Solo lay, Ellen let out a gasp.

Just a few feet away from the Solosis stood a small crater. Peering over the edge, she saw Seven lying at the bottom, that crazed smile still etched upon his face. The Darkrai had taken the brunt of the blast, having been at the center of the explosion.

"That was by far the toughest battle we've ever had," Ellen sighed as she gave Solo a revive.

Ugh... You can say that again... Solo agreed. Now that he was awake he was able to regain some energy through Recover, but it was a slow process.

"Unfortunately, we're not done just yet," Ellen said, glancing over at the dimensional rift in the center of the chamber. "Once we get everyone healed up, we need to check out that portal... see if we can't do something about it."

Edited by Konuju

OOC: Blade: Ah, kk.

Konuju: 'tis a mystery, indeed... :P Well, here's this if you want to keep updated on the teasers. I think you'll find some new ones if you follow the link. ;)

Also, keep an eye on the numbers in my signature--those, too, are being updated to give quick access to these things as they're released.

On a non-mystery-related note, feel free to have Dack and co. land in the tower at any time. =)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Wow... there's going to be 18 of these things? That fifth one (or should I say #010?) definitely looks like that ape-like creature. And the fourth (#008) looks like a cross between a Gardevoir and a Darkrai, and maybe something else.

Something else I just thought of:

*There are 18 of them, numbered 000 through 017

*There are 17 different types in Pokemon

*Each one represents a different type, with one of them (possibly #000) being the all-powerful "leader"?

...Maybe?

Come on, people, I feel like I'm the only one spitting out theories here. :P

With the path cleared from Dragonite's Hyper Beam, Palmer and Cresselia flew into the side of the tower. Dack and Swellow were next, followed by Zac, his Braviary, and Luke. Firing one last Thunderbolt to stop a horde of Zubat that had tried to follow them, Dragonite and Shadows flew into the tower as well. As Luke hopped down from the Braviary, the hole they had entered through sealed itself up behind them, enclosing the four trainers in the tower.

Dack could barely hear the sounds of the battle raging outside. The sudden silence was unnerving; it felt like they were in an entirely different world. The walls seemed to undulate, almost as if the tower was alive.

With a flash of light, Luke sent out his Machoke. "Alright, it's showtime!" Dack's friend cheered. "What do we do, just break the tower apart brick by brick?" With an eager grin, Machoke reared back a fist and punched the side of the wall, breaking off a sizeable chunk of the tower's shadowy essence. Almost immediately, threads of shadow weaved themselves together to undo the damage.

"If it were that easy, Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire would have burned it to a crisp by now," Palmer chuckled.

"We're still a few floors from the top," Dack reminded them. "Do you think we should head there?"

"Well, it's worth a shot," the Frontier Brain said thoughtfully. "But we shouldn't let our guard down just because we're safe from the battle going on outside. It's still very possible that the Darkrai left some guards to protect the tower from the inside."

IC: Feral Tierra, Hearthome Void Tower

"Oh, hello there!", Feral's voice echoed throughout the tower, sounding like many voices at once, "Please, do come on up. It's been a while since we've had company."

Feral waited for the intruders to come up to where he was. Then, he'd show them why they should have stayed outside.......

Edited by Hades

IC - Seth:

"Look around you, Shade," Seth hissed, as their battle raged. Grasping Shade's fist, the Hero of Time tossed his foe over him, catching him in a headlock, trying to control the motion of Shade. The darkness-filled man struggled intensely. rolling around until he could break free, launching a blast of shadow into the eyes of Seth, blinding the young man. With a well-timed kick, Shade sent Seth reeling, before unleashing a flurry of punches, and sending his father to the ground with a blast of shadow to the chest, leaving the 'patriarchal' of the Vicens writhing in pain and gasping for air as he lay on the floor.

"I look around me, and do you know what I see?" Shade asked. "I see a group of fools who challenge the might of reality itself. Sure, they may have brought down the Darkrai, but you see, it's too late. The portal is already opened, it can't be stopped, and you know exactly what it takes to stop it." Seth slowly struggled to his feet, before being kicked in the stomach, sending him reeling once again. "You see... We've already won. Sombra will arrive into this world once more, and nothing can be done to stop it!" Seth suddenly felt extra weight hit his chest as his own Lucario was tossed onto him by Ryo, the power of darkness having given it the strength to easily defeat his foe.

"That may be so..." Seth coughed, rising to his feet. "But that doesn't mean that any of us will stop trying. We may all die here, the first victims of a pure monster, but there will always be others. As long as his threat looms, the power of the trio will find more Heroes to be born into. And they will rise up and defeat him! But until then, we will fight against Sombra, until our dying breath. And even then, I can assure you, Damien, that I will be present when the last of his essence finally fades away!"

Shade grinned menacingly, extending his arms. "Imbecilic child, how can you afford to stand up to his might when you can hardly even defeat me? Let the might of my master strike down all of this pathetic world!"

"Your heart was meant to be filled with light, not darkness, Damien..." Seth coughed, his eyes glowing a bright blue as he mentally scanned the past of Shade. "I can see that, now. When you first came back... It was corrupted, by Sombra himself. He turned you into this, a mere pawn in his game of chess with the world. And like a pawn, you expect to become a more powerful piece under his leadership, but you allow yourself to be controlled, merely another of his hosts, to be tossed aside. You were to fight him alongside us, not fight for him... You were supposed to understand the dark, not allow it to control you!"

"I am not being controlled!" roared Shade, sending forth a tendril of darkness, a strange feeling stopping it directly over Seth's eye. Shade was taken aback.

"I can sense it within you, Shade, you must resist!"

"I... I can't! I WON'T!" Shade growled, his voice echoing with the wind, symbolizing his descent into the shadows. With a motion of his hand, Seth was knocked to his knees, tendrils of darkness holding him in place. Elsewhere in the ring, each of those who arrived to face the Darkrai suddenly found themselves bound as well, forced to gaze into the portal. "Now... You will all bear witness to the return of the most powerful being ever witnessed!" With a dark smile, Shade looked towards the darkness, seeing the distinctive green glow of the ninth Darkrai. "Now, Nine, do your part, and begin the end of the world!"

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

OOC: Baltarc: Hi. Right now we're in the final stages of the Darkria Plot that has been building for the past two eyars. There's a giant battle going on at the Sinjoh Ruins, Lilycove City, and Hearthome. Aside from that, there's not much.

Also, teasers for upcoming plot in my signature. They're pretty cool; you should check 'em out. :P

Konuju: I agree. Come on, guys--it's no fun if only one person is watching and guessing. :-]

IC - Nine/Kyle Eston - Sinjoh Ruins: Chains of shadow appeared from the surrounding darkness, binding Kyle and every single one of his allies to the wall, unable to do anything but watch, stunned, as another Darkrai emerged from the shadows above. The other Darkrai, too, seemed surprised by its appearance, even those who had been stunned and beaten to the point of near-fainting by their opponents. It was for good reason. Kyle himself could feel the power exuding from this ninth Darkrai as it appeared, phasing slowly down from its position above the battlefield. Its eyes were unlike any that Kyle had ever seen. They were a bright green, burning with age-old wisdom and knowledge, glowing with the strength of youth yet at the same time, seeming burdened.

"Now, Nine, do your part, and begin the end of the world!" Shade shouted.

The Darkrai paid no heed to him as it turned its head slowly, examining the battlefield. Roughly half of the Darkrai--including, to Nine's curiosity, Eight, Seven, and Five--appeared utterly beaten, only hanging on to consciousness in an attempt to see their mission come to final fruition. The others were all well on their way to that same point. His eyes darted to Daseos, who gave a subtle--very subtle--nod. With a sigh, Nine looked at Evan, Seth, and Kinali, an apologetic look in his eyes.

You should know, he said sincerely. I do this of my own volition, only in the hope that we may end this today. Forgive me.

All eyes on him, Nine closed his own, pulling his arms toward his chest. As a green glow appeared around him, he opened his eyes and unleashed a powerful roar, one that seemed to cause time itself to ripple at the seams. Kyle braced himself for the same ear-splitting sound that had occurred with the earlier uses of the attack, though found that there was none. Instead, Shade and the other Darkrai covered their ears, screaming out in pain as Nine focused his attack on them, causing them to collapse to the ground from the noise even as he maintained a field of silence around the Darkrais' enemies.

in those moments, Kyle understood why Eight had been unable to finish him off.

As he finished his attack, Nine bowed his head, watching as the tear in time and space seemed to grow, as a dark shape began to form and emerge...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: I really dont know what to say about these, actually.

Taking the reins, with Det's prior permission........

IC – Sinjoh Ruins:As the Roar of Time subsided, an extremely terrifying sound suddenly filled the room. It was the sound of a creature which had been sealed for many years. It was the sound of a being ready to take control of its empire once more. It was the sound of the Ultimate Darkrai, Sombra. It was the sound of laughter. It was the sound of triumph. “Humans… How naïve you can be in the face of your deaths…” Even as the portal subsided, Sombra still laughed. As all gathered stared in shock, even the Darkrai themselves shuddered in fear, as Adam Sombra began to glow a bright purple. “Ilios… You knew even without the portal that I still had my methods of returning… How cruel of you to give hope to these humans upon their deathbeds…”As the phantom’s body began to tremble, the dark fog that filled the room began to swirl into a vortex, surrounding the body of Sombra’s vessel, preventing even Nine from breaching the field. A purple light began to emit from within the twister of darkness, revealing brief glimpses of what was occurring beneath. Adam’s body began to twist and convulse as his legs were reabsorbed into his body, his cloak connecting and forming the lower spikes of a Darkrai. An eerie tear was heard as spikes ripped through his sleeves, his arms extending as tendrils of pure shadow burst forth from his shoulders, wrapping themselves around each other, the vessel’s chest expanding as a ring of spikes grew where his waist once was.“Enter the darkness, and witness the return of our great master!” proclaimed Arthes, already bowing before Sombra. Next, a tail burst forth from Adam’s back, quickly gaining its ghastly shape. A sickening crunch echoed throughout the entire room, as spikes burst from the neck of the dark being’s neck. With a mighty roar, the transformation was nearly complete. Finally, the entire room shook, as the walls began to crumble, falling apart and fading to dust, revealing the midnight sky high up above them. The snow seemed as if it had turned into ash, as the powerful darkness blocked the moon, a bright blue glow being the only light radiating from the darkness, a light that itself symbolized the loss of light. It was he light that symbolized the nightmares of ancient times. It was the light of the eye of the most powerful Darkrai. It was the light that shone when darkness had won.The Master of the Ancient Darkrai had returned. Ten was free at last. Sombra was unleashed. Darkness has been reborn.“Tonight is the night the world turns to darkness.”In complete unison, each of the Darkrai present, with the obvious exception of Ilios, bowed before their master, welcoming him back to the world that he was so ready to conquer. Shade himself stepped forward, dropping to one knee and bowing before Sombra, which caused Seth to drop his head in disappointment. “My lord, we have done as you have asked, and prepared this world for your arrival. As we speak, Sinnoh and Hoenn are-““You have all disappointed me,” Sombra bellowed, his voice causing Shade to visibly tremble. “You struggle with these mere humans, their powers on their own no more powerful than any of you should have been.” The Alpha Darkrai hovered over to the gathered fighters, examining each of those present in great detail, probing their minds, seeking out their greatest fears, making mental notes of each of them. “Interesting… I can sense fear, yet from each of them I can sense a great deal of courage. How fitting it is, that some of the braver members of your species will be the first to fall to my power.”“How fitting it is, that your return will also be the day of your defeat.” Seth spat back. Seth screamed in suffering as he felt intense pressure from the tendrils slowly crushing the bones in his left arm. For what seemed like an eternity, Seth’s screams were the only sound that filled the room, until finally the pain stopped before any further damage occurred. Growling in rage and anguish, Seth raised his head, finding himself face to face with Sombra.“Within the others, I can sense courage. Within you, I sense only emptiness.” Sombra stated, an aura of amusement emanating from the dark being.“You’ll find no courage within. You’ll find only my desire to end your existence.” Seth winced as again the pain returned.“How brave, Hero of Time,” Sombra laughed. “That you challenge the personification of darkness itself, even when you cannot even move your limbs. You are a mere ant, challenging a god.”“What does that matter to me? You fail to intimidate me, Sombra,” Seth hissed.“You truly choose to risk the lives of your allies for your own, personal vendetta?” Sombra asked.“I risk the lives of none. They risk their own lives. I risk my own. You know as well as I do that the battle is merely beginning,” Seth grumbled in pain.“You are trapped within my power, and still you disrespect me.” Sombra said, growing impatient with Seth’s attitude. Once again, the pain was sent through to Seth, who refused to scream again. Shade watched, as his father was tortured“I am not trapped.. I am the Hero of Time. Your time is up,” Seth said weakly, a smile coming across his face. “Daseos… Our time is now!” With that shout, the traitor among the Darkrai was revealed, as Five launched a Shadow Ball at Shade, breaking his concentration, and releasing the resistance from their bonds. With the other Darkrai too tired from their battles to react quick enough, they were unable to stop Daseos from flying over towards Seth, before using a Brick Break on Sombra, picking up Seth and flying him over towards the others.“I never should have trusted you. I really should have seen this coming,” Sombra chuckled, cracking his neck as he regained his posture. “It really was quite obvious that you were the traitor. No matter, now all of you can die together!” Extending his arms to the side, a cloak of shadows fell over the room once more.“Everyone, this is it,” Seth coughed, rising weakly to his feet, aided by Daseos. “This is the final battle, don’t hold anything back. This will be your ultimate challenge! Don’t underestimate his power, but know that you’re not going to be fighting this one alone!”

OOC: Wait, Daseos is Five?! I had thought for sure that he was Six...

"Speak of the devil," Dack muttered as he looked around for the source of the voice. The Rocket agent darted up the stairs, Swellow flying next to him and Shieldon still riding on Swellow's head. Luke and Machoke followed close behind. Palmer's Dragonite followed behind them, then Zac and Shadows, with Palmer himself and Cresselia taking the rear.

In this fashion, the assorted trainers and Pokemon made their way up the last few floors of the tower, surprisingly uninhibited. When they finally reached the top, Dack saw what appeared to be a lone human standing in the middle of the room.

"You're the tower's guardian?" Dack guessed.

"Careful!" Zac warned as he recognized Feral. "That's the guy I fought in Eterna."

As soon as Ellen was free from the shadowy bonds, she ran over to her Pokemon to make sure they were alright. "Everyone, get ready!" she said.

Solo immediately floated into the air to set up a Reflect and Light Screen to weaken Sombra's attacks. Artemis closed her eyes, using Meditate and Calm Mind. Maturin backed into his shell, using Withdraw and Curse. Terry gave a low growl as he used Work Up. Chrono started to run toward Sombra, ready to pounce on the Master of Shadows, but Ellen quickly grabbed the Purrloin, holding him back.

"Chrono, you can't keep recklessly rushing into battle!" Ellen pleaded as the Purrloin struggled against her hold. "This is supposed to be the most powerful Darkrai in the world -- we need to attack with a strategy!" Chrono merely hissed in anger.

"You heard Seth!" Ryan told his Pokemon. "Don't hold back! It's time to defeat the darkness once and for all!"

Togie flew up into the air, glowing with power as he unleashed an Aura Sphere. Mismagius smirked as she used Power Gem. Quil and Entei roared as they both used Flamethrower. A burst of fire from Ryan's power suit collided with the two flamethrowers to create a single column of fire. Dewott grabbed her scalchops and threw them like boomerangs, using Shell Blade. Gabite and Aggron ran toward Sombra, ready to hit the Darkrai with Dragon Claw and Metal Claw.

IC: Feral Tierra, Hearthome Void Tower

"Well, if it isn't the fool who tried to challenge me!", Feral said, grinning devilishly, "So glad to see you made it! Oh, and if it isn't Palmer of the Sinnoh Battle Frontier! If my better half were here, he'd be going all sorts of crazy!"

Feral then sent out all of his pokemon. An Excardill, Garchomp, Swampert, Piloswine, and a Turtwig appeared, all engulfed in shadow. Their eyes glowed blue with malice, just like their master's eyes.

"NOW THEN, SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE GOT!" Feral roared as his own shadowy aura manifested......

IC: Evan Tierra, Sinjoh Ruins

"You heard the man!", Evan shouted to both his friends and his pokemon as he sent them out, "Time for us to show this foul thing what real power is!"

Evan then sent out his remaining pokemon and then struck a dynamic pose. Monstro, Lazengann, Gnip, Hippowdon, Landorus, Behemoth, and Vlad all struck dynamic poses of their own. Hippowdon summoned a sandstorm and opened her mout wide as a show of power.

"All right, Hippowdon, Gnip, Landorus, and Monstro, use Earthquake!", Evan said, "Vlad use Tailwind! Behemoth, hit him with Ice Shards! Lazengann, get up onto Hippowdon to avoid the Earthquakes!"

Together, Landorus, Hippowdon, Monstro, and Gnip roared together, causing the earth rise towards Sombra in the form of spikes. Vlad whirled and twirled, aiming to keep the Tailwind up. Behemoth flash froze the moisture in the air around him, creating many sharp pieces of ice and launched them at Sombra. Lazengann leapt onto Hippowdon to avoid the quakes......

IC: Klim Prizak

"Jaydes, Lucky Chant away!", Klim shouted, "Edisone Electro Ball! Moriarty, Brick Break!"

Jaydes started chanting again, raising everyone's spirits. Edison launched Electro Balls at Sombra, as Moriarty zoomed towards the Darkrai, aiming to hit him with Brick Break........

-==IC: Ray==-"Right. You heard them... We can handle this!" Ray said, striking a pose as well, though more cheesy than dynamic, as he sent out all his Pokemon at once."It's time to finish this age-long fight... Let's go everyone; let's kick some Darkrai butt!" Ray yelled out, as he ordered attacks from each of his Pokemon; the blue-ish tint of his armour slightly glowing onto his Pokemon, as they used their respective attacks. Rukia used an Ice Beam that Ray further froze into a rock-solid ice ball, which Zangetsu sent flying toward Sombra with a Close Combat. Byakuya used Swords Dance to increase his attack power for the future, as Aizen slowly shook, and teleported the two to right above Sombra, where Byakuya used Metal Claw on the Master Darkrai to attempt to damage him further. Alt Entei dashed around the area, as Hozukimaru slowly focused on his attack, and launched a Razor Shell at Sombra quickly, fueled by the momentum of Entei, who took a brief break to launch himself forward toward the powerful Darkrai with a Flare Blitz surrounding him, even as the water starter jumped off in surprise. Orihime, on the other hand, was not told to attack at all; and simply stood by her trainer in confusion, as to why he wasn't giving her any strategies on how to attack...OOC: I need to track down Ray's Pokemon again, I forget a couple aspects of them, like whether Hozukimaru evolved recently. I'm gonna evolve Aizen too, since he needs it, but I don't know if he has enough battles for that. I'm also half-tempted to save my reward for a double evolution of Orihime; partly for awesomeness, and partly for more parallels to Gold. =P

OOC: Guys... I really, really hope you like 005 when these things finally come into play. It took me a disproportionate amount of time to make its sprite into something even remotely good-looking. X3

009, though, is pretty cool. I don't doubt you'll like that one. xD

Also what could this be? Hm...

Konuju: I can see why you'd think so. Six's tendency to obey orders without question, though, doesn't seem like a trait that the traitor would have. Unless they were trying to push suspicions away from their self, of course, but...

Well, anyway.

IC - Kyle Eston/Ilios/Sheik - Sinjoh Ruins: "Indeed; you should have," Ilios said from behind Sombra. The Darkrai raised a hand, his palm becoming outlined with green flames again. "You've fallen for the same trap twice now, Ten. I believe that would qualify as a fairly obvious indicator of what is to come." Bringing his arm back, Ilios sent a barrage of fire at Sombra, at the same time that the resistance initiated its own series of attacks.

For his part, Kyle did nothing. Not yet, anyway. Jaeda and Sheik both stood by his side, waiting for orders, but he wasn't willing to attack at that precise moment. The problem he noted was that, so far, all of his allies' attacks were being aimed at a single spot--the place where Sombra now stood. The only logical reaction would be for him to move, either physically or by using the shadows as the other Darkrai had done. No; Kyle watched Sombra through the small windows between attacks, waiting to see which direction he would move in. As soon as he did...

Well, the place would likely get a bit warmer, was all.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: The teasers are seeming pretty cool so far; though that one thing doesn't look like a Pokemon at all... That master thingy that was controlling Pryce, perhaps? (My current nickname for it is the Great Intelligence. =P)

OOC: Hmm, 005 reminds me of 010, except more like a minotaur of sorts. 009 seems oddly familiar somehow. And 000 looks more like a place than a creature, although I have no idea what the place could be.

And yeah, my main reason for suspecting Six was that back during the Legendaries battle in Lilycove (specifically on page 30) when "Eight" supposedly accepted Ariadne's proposition of peace, Six "seemed to be focused on something else." At the time, Daseos had still been talking with Bounty in Lavaridge. That, and I thought it would give a good reason for why Six is always silent. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it gave a good false lead for Daseos' identity.

Dack had no idea what their enemy meant by his babbling about his "better half," but that didn't matter. What mattered was that this guy stood between them and the Void Tower's destruction. The Rocket Agent's eyes darted to each of his enemy's Pokemon in turn, assessing the situation.

"Swellow, take the Turtwig. Shieldon, you get the Piloswine." As Swellow used Aerial Ace and Shieldon attacked with Ancient Power, Dack sent out his remaining Pokemon. "Snivy, let's start out with a Leech Seed on the Swampert. Luxray, use Crunch on the Garchomp."

"Alright, Machoke!" Luke yelled, eager to finally get in on the action. "Let's give that Excadrill a little taste of our Low Sweep!" Issuing a loud battle cry, the Machoke ran over to the shadowy Excadrill, sweeping at its feet.

"I must say, I'm surprised you recognize me," Palmer said with a smile. "I'm starting to doubt our previous assumption that you are a manifestation of this tower." Behind him, Cresselia set up a Safeguard, while Dragonite used Dragon Dance. Extending a hand, the Frontier Brain sent out his Milotic and Rhyperior. "Milotic, would you be so kind as to give Luxray some help? And Rhyperior, let's give Shieldon a hand." Slithering across the floor, Milotic sent an Ice Beam toward the Garchomp. Rhyperior stomped over to the Piloswine, raised an arm, and shot a Flash Cannon at the hairy pig.

OOC: Why, thank you, Blade! just wait until you see the actual pictures! :P

-009: Well, Konuju, uuummm... I can't say much without giving things away, but if you're familiar with a certain Digimon, then that's probably why... XP

-005: Yeah, I thought they looked similar. Rest assured that 005 and 010 look... pretty much completely different in color, though.

-000: It is a place. A generic place, but a place nonetheless.

-015: Hey, lookee thar! That makes 9 of 18 done. Unfortunately, with AP tests and such coming up, production of these will probably stop being one a day, but I'll continue working on them and hopefully have them all done by the end of the month.

EDIT: Make that 10 of 18.

Also, it may or may not help you guys if you figure out the ordering of the pictures--not the order of their release, but the numbers associated with them in my signature. Good luck~

-Darkrai Traitor: Ah, I see. I actually wondered about that, too, at the time. That makes me wonder if it actually was a planned red herring...

Anyway, not much else I can do IC at the moment, so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: "Dreadful Fight" From FF4 DS suits the Feral Battle nicely.

IC: Feral Tierra

"Excadrill, dodge the Low Sweep and use Sandstorm!", Feral shouted, "Turtwig, use Curse! Piloswine, take the hit and use Ice Shard on those Leech Seeds! Swampert, Hammer Arm on Shieldon! Garchomp, Flamethrower on the Ice Beam!"

With those commands, Feral's Pokemon sprung into action. Excadrill back-flipped away from the Machoke and folded into a drill. It then started to spin, summoning a sandstorm. Turtwig cried out and started to glow red, increasing his defense and attack, allowing him to take the Aerial Ace. Piloswine was hit by the Ancientpower, but fired off many Ice Shards, cutting the Leech Seeds to ribbons. Swampert rushed over to the Shieldon and prepared to smash his fist down. Garchomp roared and fired an immense cloud of flame towards the Ice Beam, nullifying it.

"You are sort of right, Tower Tycoon.", Feral said as the fighting ensued, "I am not the towers physical manifestation, but I have been called into it's service. No, I am the manifestation of the Hero of Space's negativity!"

Edited by Hades

OOC: It's actually kind of funny, I got the name Daseos by just tossing the word Five into Google Translate. :3

Six was in fact a red herring, and trivia: My first choice actually wasn't going to be Five. >.>

Well, now that I'm kinda done being sick, I apologize profusely, as we begin this battle once more.

IC - Sombra:

Each of the unleashed attacks ended up hitting, releasing an explosion of dust from the resulting combined attacks... The target hit simply wasn't exactly the one which was intended. As the smoke and dust cleared, it became obvious as to just what type of creature those present were dealing with. Sombra stood untouched, holding up Seven before him, having used the insane Darkrai as a shield, Seven being forced to use Protect to save his master. A dark laugh emerged from the Alpha Darkrai, as he tossed aside Seven like a sack of trash. "How cute that you feel that you can beat me like that," Sombra chuckled. With a quick turn, Sombra waved his hand, opening a portal of darkness, from which was launched Four, using Giga Impact, aimed directly at Ilios. "You of all people should know better than that, Ilios!"

Turning his attention to the others, with a sinister glint in his eyes, he raised his hand into the air, as a dark orb began to form around his dark claw, crackling with a powerful energy. "As for the rest of you... Begone!" With those words uttered, Sombra unleashed a Dark Pulse, with multiple beams each heading in the direction of those present...

"Everybody, dodge or block it!" Seth called out weakly. Rising to his feet, he was forced to use his powers over time to move, but the strain was too much for him in his current state, and he collapsed once more, only managing to recall his Lucario in time.

~Det

-==IC: Ray==-

"Right!" Ray said with a nod, as he barely managed to get out of the way of the pulse, which hit the ground right where he had been standing a second ago. Not all of his Pokemon were quite so lucky; Rukia had been hit hard by the attack; though Zangetsu also quickly dodged the attacks, and Byakuya used Sucker punch to both dodge the attack, and attempt to strike back against Sombra in retaliation. Aizen simply teleported out of the way, and Entei helped Hozukimaru to avoid the attack. That left Orihime, who simply ran in panic, not even sure how to be of use. She wasn't entirely certain what attacks she had either, leaving her just as much at a loss as with Ray, for what to do about the Togepi...

OOC: "Master of Shadows" from Persona 3 is pretty go-- wait, are we seriously starting this up again? :P

Also, here's... well, you guys know the rest. Count 'em with me: 11/18....

IC - Kyle Eston/Sheik/Ilios - Sinjoh Ruins: Ilios frowned, though said nothing as Four shot toward him. With speed far surpassing that of the larger Darkrai, Ilios dodged around the attack, grabbing Four's shoulders as he passed by. Immediately, ice energy poured from his hands and into Four's body, causing the brute to shout in pain as a thick layer of ice began to form around him, immobilizing him. Without a word, Ilios threw Four aside, letting the shadows carry his brother to the ground. He turned, preparing to launch another attack at Sombra, though was caught by surprise as the Dark Pulse shot toward him, connecting with his chest and knocking him back.

Kyle, meanwhile, quickly recalled Jaeda into her Pokéball. As Sheik dodged to the side, launching a Thunderbolt at Sombra as she moved, the Liberty agent saw Seth collapse. Quickly, he ran toward him, pushing Seth out of the way of the incoming Dark Pulse. Both agents landed on the ground, in pain from the landing but having managed to avoid the deadly Dark-Type attacks.

"Sorry about that," Kyle said through gritted teeth. "Rougher landing than intended." He pushed himself back to his feet, analyzing Sombra again. "How do you think we should go about this?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png