Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Evan Tierra, Black City

"Evan Tierra is my name, and I am the Hero of Space and an agent of Team Plasma.", Evan said, "I once caused quite the commotion at your base in Veilstone. That and considering Team Galactic is quite well known in Sinnoh, it really should be no big surprise I know you. Sorry about that raid, by the way, but the world was in danger."

Evan walked towards the gates of Plasma Castle, and showed his Plasma Badge and ID to the guard manning the gate. The guard nodded and opened the gate, motioning Evan, Gnip, and Jupiter to enter.......

IC: Wrath, Goldenrod City

"BIG MISTAKE." Wrath shouted in a triumphant voice.

He was right of course. As soon as the Lava Plume hit his Conkeldurr, he started to glow as red as his master, his veins surging with even greater might.

"Mach Punch on the Excadrill, and Stone Edge on the Cyndaquil." Wrath said calmly.

His Conkeldurr, rushed towards Ryan's Exadrill and smashed his fist into him, knocking him out. Then he threw his cane at Cynda, aiming to knock it out in one shot......

Edited by Hades

-==IC: Zach/Ryan//Goldenrod City==-Zach could only watch as Cyndy was hit, and knocked about a block down the street."You fool; what were you thinking?!" Ryan yelled angrily at Zach, who simply growled, and recalled his heavily injured Pokemon."How was I to know it had Guts?" Zach asked, having guessed exactly what ability the Pokemon had, as Ryan recalled his own Pokemon, sending out his Dewott instead."... Every single Conkeldurr in existence has Guts! ALL of them! It's like an unwritten law of nature! How do you not know this!?" Ryan said in exasperated anger, his palm on his forehead, as he shook his head, and growled."Dewott, Shell Blade." Ryan said, gritting his teeth, as the evolved Pokemon dashed forward, and attempted to slash out at the Conkeldurr quickly, as Zach chose his next Pokemon quickly... Sighing, and not knowing what else to do, he sent out his Luxray, now re-renamed to Lux, since he realized just how awkward that last name was."Lux, use Ice Fang!" Zach yelled out, hoping that this would at least help things out in some way.

IC: ...Jupiter?, Cero replied with a note of wonderment. He was shocked from his perturbed state into an alert one. It wasn't often that one met even a Teleporter used by such a high-ranking member of an organization, even if that organization was as small as Team Galactic. You mean Team Galactic's Commander Jupiter, currently working in the Hojohsin League? You're looking for her?

Then Cero found the kicker: amid the dazzling revelation that he just met a connection to an organization's leader, there was also the not-so-dazzling revelation that he had just spoken that revelation.

He proceeded to close his eyes, apply both gloves to his face, and remind himself that this was not yet the end of the world. But it might yet be the end of his life.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Mr. Burks
"But of course," Mr. Burks said with a smile. "I can't just be working in your factory 24/7; I'd burn myself out. Regardless, I'm anxious to get started."

IC: Ryan
So much has happened in the past year.

This thought continued to run through Ryan's mind as he walked down Route 120 from Fortree to Lilycove. Granted, it had been a little over a year since Ryan had been driven out of his home by Team Rocket. His journey had taken him through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova; over mountains and through deserts; from the glorious moment of arriving at Four Island on the back of the Legendary Ho-Oh to the mysterious Searchers he had encountered in Ecruteak. His Pokemon team had literally grown eight-fold, and many of his Pokemon had reached their final stages of evolution.

As he passed by Mt. Pyre, Ryan shuddered. This was the spot where, roughly seven months ago, he and Alex had been captured by the Hojohsin League. If it weren't for their friend Jake and Rocket Agent Ethan Worth, Ryan and Alex would probably still be stuck in the Hojohsin prison. Luckily, it seemed that the Hojohsin League's antagonizing nature toward Teams Liberty and Rocket had dwindled in the current peacetime.

Tall trees parted to reveal even taller buildings, signaling Ryan's arrival in Lilycove. The city had suffered much, having been the site of one of the Darkrai's Void Towers, but thanks to the reconstruction efforts, Lilycove looked surprisingly normal. Well, normal except for the billboards and posters showcasing James Pierce, President of Hoenn under Hojohsin rule. Doing his best to forget his previous run-in with the Hojohsin agents, Ryan stared at the ground as he made his way through the streets, heading for Lilycove's harbor.

IC: Dack
Dack was still trying to figure out how to put out a fire without any Water-Type Pokemon when Swellow arrived at the burning Pokemon Center. As Madison hopped off the bird, Dack sent out his Bastiodon and Luxray. "Swellow, I need you to flap your wings as hard as you can -- try and blow away the oxygen that's fueling the fire. Bastiodon, Luxray, I need the two of you to go inside the Pokemon Center and bring out anyone who's still trapped in there."

As Dack's Pokemon went into action, Madison sent out her Froslass. "Anzu, help Swellow out with an Icy Wind!"

The Froslass summoned a flurry of ice and snow, which Swellow proceeded to blow into the flames. But even with Anzu's help, the fire didn't seem to die down. If anything, it was getting stronger, almost as if in retaliation to Dack and Madison's attempts to put it out.

"Thanks for helping us out, kid," a burly sailor told Dack as he sat down in the snow. His clothes were singed and he looked exhausted. "But there's no way you can stop it."

"Don't be so negative," Dack growled. "I don't see you doing anything to help."

"I tried attacking it with my trusty Seadra," the sailor explained. "But it was too powerful... knocked us away in a single blow. Darn thing didn't even pay any attention to us -- it's like we're fleas to it."

"What are you talking about?" Dack asked in confusion.

Before the sailor could answer, there was a sound of breaking glass as Bastiodon came flying through the window, followed closely by Luxray. The two Pokemon landed in the snow, dazed.

"That's no ordinary fire, is it?" Madison shuddered.

"Dack! Madison!" The two friends turned to see Luke running down the street towards them. "Be careful! There's a --"

Luke was cut off as a blast of fire burst through the wall of the Pokemon Center, nearly singeing Madison's hair. Dack looked back at the newly-made hole. Through the thick smoke, he could make out a large, terrifying shape that he only recognized from legends.

It was a Heatran. And it was barreling towards them, eyes burning with rage.

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Jacob (Vicinity of Sinjoh Ruins)

"Contract: Pending."

Jacob grunted in pain as he was thrown against the wall of the house. Apparently his contractor had neglected to tell him that his hit was a former sumo wrestler. The assassin had no time to recover before his "prey" was on him, attempting to push him out the window. The Gallade grunted in pain as he felt himself being squished between wall and human. He attempted to nee the sumo in the stomach; nothing happened. Extending his armblades, Jacob attempted a Night Slash but his arms were currently being locked by the sumo; he couldn't move. "Alright: 3, 2, 1." The sumo recoiled in shock as Jacob seemingly disintegrated in his arms only to receive a kick to the back of the head. "I've had enough with you!" Jacob roared and with a Psycho Cut, he ended his target's life.

"Contract: Fulfilled."

"That took longer than expected," Jacob muttered, heading towards the door. Picking up a dropped pistol, he put the gun back in its holster reflecting on the fact that he hadn't had a chance to use it. "It would have made things a lot easier," he ruefully thought. Raiding his target's fridge of a cola, he walked out of the sumo's house. Taking a deep breath, he surveyed the landscape. This particular sumo had chosen a very reclusive location for his house, so it would take forever for the police to come. Smirking underneath both of his masks, he flipped out a cell phone and dialed a number. "It's done," he muttered into the phone. "Your top competitor's been eliminated. Good luck winning the championship." "You finished it, huh?" a voice on the other side stated. "Go to Goldenrod. A courier will deliver your reward." Hanging up, Jacob teleported away...

(Goldenrod City)

In Goldenrod's Game Corner, a well dressed man handed Jacob a briefcase. Opening the metal case, Jacob inspected the contents - a large collection of bank notes. "Seems genuine..." he muttered. "Good." The two of them shook hands and the courier left threw the door. Jacob soon left as well. Walking out into the city, he took a deep breath... A Typhlosion suddenly hit him in the face and knocked him over. "???" As Jacob slowly threw the pokemon off of him and got up, he focused his gaze on a group of three angry trainers. The offending party seemingly being the one with the Conkeldurr, as only that pokemon in the fight could launch another that far. "Hey, whats your problem?!" Jacob angrily snapped, walking towards the three.

OOC: Interacting with Wrath, Ryan, Zach.

IC: Geoffrey (Snowpoint City)

"... Anyways, I'll get back to you on that one. Good-bye." Geoffrey hung up the phone as he contemplated the issue. Namely being, his team back at the (non - Rocket) lab was trying to develop improvements to the dubious disc. Said hardware provided large power boosts to Porygon2, but the resulting Porygon-Z had the tendency to be extremely unstable. In addition, the promised effects of interdimensional travel had never been reached. "If only," he thought, as he typed away at his computer.

In his pocket, a communication device common to many Team Rocket members rested in off mode. It had not been used for months, as Geoffrey had retreated from the team proper to focus on his research. For the past while, he had been a part of Team Rocket in name only, as his primary focus was the improvements to the dubious disc. "But maybe, maybe it's time to turn it on again..." Grabbing the comm device, he raised it to eye level, his finger creeping towards the on button...

"Help! The Pokemon Center!" Geoffrey lifted up his eyes in alarm to see the burning building, with several people trying to put out the fire. Putting all of his devices away, Geoffrey advanced towards the building in alarm. "What in blazes..." he thought as he got closer to the sight. "A Heatran?!" he cried in shock as the Pokemon center's assailant became visible. The very out of place pokemon was charging a pair of trainers, eyes burning with rage. "We have to do something," Geoffrey muttered seemingly himself. In fact he was talking to his glove; or more accurately, the Rotom residing inside it. Bringing his hand to his mouth, Geoffrey issued a command "Thunder wave." The glove glowed orange and a pair of eyes appeared on it as a burst of electricity erupted from Geoffrey's fingertips...

IC: Vincent (Black City)

"This heart scale looks good," Vincent muttered to himself. He had taken a trip to Black City to buy goods from the market. "I'll pay full price." Handing over the money to the stall owner, he looked around, briefly eyeing the other stores. "What to buy, what to buy..." Over the past several months, Vincent had decided to tour the regions, visiting each of their various locales. Exploring dungeons, doing battle in coliseums, competing in contests and pokeathlons, shopping at markets, all kinds of tourists activities. "Man, I never thought I had traveler's blood in me," Vincent thought.

Sitting down on a bench, Vincent flipped out a laptop. Opening it up, he plugged in a rocket stick, enabling Internet access. "I wonder how the Alamo's been doing..." Although he was a member of Team Liberty, he rarely socialized with the group, preferring to train in the wilderness. That, and he didn't want to get implicated by Team Rocket as a criminal or a terrorist. "But maybe with this whole ceasefire thing," he thought, "Maybe I can get back in touch..." He opened an e-mail application...

Edited by Constructman: Black Knight

OOC: Typhlosion. It's a Typhlosion. =P Yeah, I know, the nickname need to be updated, and i think I now have a perfect idea of a nickname for it; but really, there aren't many human names that typically fit with 'Typhlosion' that I could've given. =P-==IC: Zach//Goldenrod City==-"Mr. fix-it-all here decided to use Lava Plume on the one Pokemon that would benefit from that type of attack." Ryan said, rolling his eyes, as Zach sighed in exasperation, and looked over at Ryan."Yeah, and if you hadn't been trying to prove a point, then I might've had a better chance at having Blade survive that attack; but nooooo, you have to go and show off." Zach said, shaking his head, as Ryan growled at his brother, the fact that there was a fourth person being the one thing that stopped him from turning this effectively into a battle against both of them.

Wrath's Conkeldurr blocked the Shell Blade with his remaining cane, but was struck by the Ice Fang. Oddly enough, the Conkeldurr did not yell out in pain or anything of the sort. Instead, he grabbed the Luxray and threw him aside like he was nothing.

"You really should stay out of this.", Wrath said calmly to Jacob, "It does not concern you. Now leave us or I shall have to take you down as well!"

With that statement, Wrath sent out an Aggron and Tyranitar. The Tyranitar exuded a terrifying aura that seemed unnatural compared to other Tyranitar. Both roared ferociously towards the sky.........

-==IC: Zach==-Zach growled, as he thought of the different moves."Wild Charge!" Zach yelled out, as the Luxray flipped in mid air, and then dashed toward the Conkeldurr once more, even as he noticed the other two Pokemon, not sure what to do about them. The Dewott responded by quickly spinning around and attempting to slice upwards with another Shell Blade, even as Ryan grit his teeth, hoping that he could somehow deal SOME damage at the very least.

IC - Van Harrison - Galactic HQ:

As Van descended, his eyes scanned the ruins of the once great Galactic HQ. The area was utterly devastated, dust and ash covering the ground. No sign of any member of Team Galactic in sight. 'What could have done this...?' A chill went down his spine, causing Van's entire body to shiver. Not out of cold, but of fear. As Hydreigon landed on the ground, he stared at the girl who stood before him. There was something strange about the girl that seemed... off. Van shook his head, getting off of his Hydreigon, feeling his feet feel the ground once more. The ground itself seemed as if it were calling for help.

"You there, identify yourself," Van stated calmly, his voice disguising any fear that he had. Cautiously approaching the girl who stood within the midst of destruction, Van eyed the surroundings, ready to react on a moment's notice.

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

IC - Sonja Baron - Nimbasa City: Sonja frowned, looking squarely at Ray. Though he was not saying it directly, the way he had worded that statement implied that something had happened, and Sonja knew well enough by now that generally when something happened, other things would soon follow.

"What kind of trouble did she get into this time?" the Liberty Agent asked, resting her chin on her hand and her elbow on the rail. "That Gerald guy isn't back, is he?"

IC - Jupiter - Black City: "I see," Jupiter said, recalling the incident in question--at least, what she had heard of it. That had happened over a year ago, if she remembered correctly. Of course, now that she knew his title, Jupiter knew exactly who he was--along with the Heroes of Time and Reverse. The Ancient Darkrai, at least, had been one part of the world's events that Team Galactic had monitored closely, periling the dangers of the shadows in order to maintain the operation of their base. While they had not directly fought the Pitch-Black Pokémon, they had managed to observe and study them somewhat, in order to help further certain technologies.

Granted, all of that research had been lost in Envy's attack, but still--it was the thought that counted, after all, especially when the Hojohsin League itself had completely evacuated from Hoenn under similar conditions. From a certain perspective, one might have concluded that Team Galactic was superior, but Jupiter, personally, suspected that there had been other factors in play.

She looked back at Evan Tierra, reeling her thoughts back to the Heroes. As they boarded the elevator, Jupiter couldn't help but wonder how much more powerful the three of them had become since their little stunt at the Galactic Headquarters. Powerful enough, she knew, to have finally vanquished the Ten, but could they have exceeded even that?

Crossing her arms, Jupiter stared at the corner of the elevator, where the ashen carpet met the ebon wall. Does it really matter? she wondered. Their part is played--they and Team Plasma won't lift a finger, not until that girl comes knocking at their over-sized doors. The Galactic Leader's eyes shut. And why should they? I'm sure he has noticed by now--probably saw it coming, as a matter of fact. More likely than not, he's already got a plan figured out for them...

IC - Shadow Admin Joker - Abyss: "Anderson! What is going on?"

The Rocket technicians jumped at Shadow Admin Joker's voice, though the action went relatively unnoticed in the flurry of emergency communications taking place. The overseer in question, Rick Anderson, turned and gaze a quick salute to his commanding officer as she seated herself, before handing her a data pad.

"Ma'am, do you recall the energy signature that appeared in Ecruteak back in December?" he asked. Joker nodded as she quickly scanned through the report. "We received reports moments ago indicating that that same signature resurfaced in Goldenrod City, in the midst of Cole and 15th."

At this, Joker looked up from the report, shifting her gaze to a larger screen across the room. On this monitor, a map was displayed, indicating the streets in question, as well as two identical energy graphs. The Shadow Admin frowned, unconsciously jumping to her feet. A flash of alarm cut across Anderson's face, though he did not dare move, only watching Joker.

"What," the Shadow Admin said sharply. "is the current situation?"

Anderson looked at a nearby techy. "Thenel?"

"Target is engaged against two trainers, one identified as Zach Hikari of Team Liberty and the other as Unovan prisoner Ryan Hikari," Thenel answered. "Current Pokémon field composition includes Conkeldurr, Aggron, Tyranitar, Luxray, and Dewott." He frowned. "All attempts to inflict damage appear futile."

"Send the alert to quarantine the battlefield and evacuate that section of Goldenrod, three streets in every direction," Joker ordered. "If Ecruteak is anything to go by, this monstrosity will no doubt attack whatever is nearby as soon as he has run out of targets--do not let that happen until I get there."

This declaration earned Joker several dozen surprised looks. "You're going there?" Anderson asked. "Ma'am, if I may--"

"Hush. I know the risks," Joker said. "Which is why I'm taking precautions." She looked at Anderson, a deadly smile on her face. "You remember that secret project of mine?"

The overseer nodded slowly, eyes widening as he realized what Joker was planning. "You can't be serious... Without a test?" He held up a hand. "Shadow Admin, how can you be certain that it will work at all--much less leave your Pokémon unscarred?"

"I. Know. The. Risks," Joker repeated flatly. "As do my Pokémon. Believe me when I say that Leviathan is more than prepared to experience a second death, should that happen. And should the first run fail, then I will abandon its usage and go as I am. However, with a power such as this on the loose yet again--" She pointed at the monitor, raising her voice. "--I think it's about time Team Rocket reminds the world just what we are capable of."

With that, she spun on her heel, heading out of the command center and toward exit to the Lake of Rage...

IC - Alakazam - Cianwood City: The Alakazam nodded. I am, he confirmed.

Were it any other worker in Team Energon, Galactic, Liberty, or anywhere else, the teleporter likely would have been more concerned with Cero's questions--particularly the fact that he seemed to know of Team Galactic's connection to the Hojohsin League. However, the Alakazam was exactly that--a teleporter. A service worker. Nothing more, nothing less. As such, its concerns were less with its organization's secrets and more with the act of safely bringing trainers and workers of said organization from one location to another--which, incidentally, it had failed to do.

We were separated while leaving Team Galactic's headquarters, the Psychic-Type explained. She seemed to be in quite a panic, presumably from whatever it was that injured me. The Alakazam looked to the side, eyes misty with thought. Such a powerful aura as I have never felt before--

It stopped speaking, suddenly alert. It looked around, muscles tense. The remaining burns on its body seemed to visibly pulse, purplish coloration changing first to green, then to red.

Such an aura as I feel again... now, Alakazam amended. Yet... not here... It closed its eyes. Johto's psychic web... It feels as if it is being strummed by a thousand fearful hearts...

IC - Envy - Galactic HQ: A smile crossed her lips at the familiar sight of a Hydreigon. The Brutal Pokémon, trainer on its back, descended from the heavens, all four pairs of eyes locked on her and her alone. It was an exhilarating scene, with all that attention focused on one, aura-bearing girl. If she had possessed a camera, and a friend to hold it, Envy would have taken a million pictures of the spectacle, to lock it away in her memory forever.

Unfortunately, she had no camera. The girl figured she would just have to make do with what she had.

The trainer slipped off the back of his dragon. "You there, identify yourself." He was young--maybe the same age as her? Envy couldn't tell, and, really, she did not care. His eyes were bright blue, and stared out from beneath his shadowy, white-streaked hair. A peculiar appearance, certainly, one that bore more than a passing resemblance to...

Oh, my... Could it be?

The sinner formerly known as Vidinia LeJauso smiled politely. "Hello," she said. Her tone must have come as a surprise--not at all what he was expecting, certainly. "I like your Hydreigon. It must be really well trained, if it lets you fly around on its back like that." She tilted her head to the side slightly. "I never did manage that myself... Maybe now I could? Hm..." Envy rubbed her neck, looking back at Van. "Oh, I'm sorry--you asked me a question, didn't you? But, surely you know me already?" She smiled. "Or do you just look like someone I know?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Ray//Nimbasa City==-"No, it's not Gerald, thankfully. He's still nowhere to be seen, but it wasn't him. Truthfully, I don't know who was behind this, but... I'm not sure, something seems off about that." Ray said, as he thought over what had been said."It sounded almost like he was trying to prove something... But I have no clue what." Ray said, skipping over the fact that Black had been released because of the incident. He figured that was not the best way to calm someone down."I'll do my best to make sure this stays out of Unova, though, alright?" Ray said with a smile, knowing that the possible fact that Unova could be involved was one of the things that'd likely make Sonja worry.

IC:"Stahl, return."

A quiet voice commented, the words preceding a nod from the Scizor and a flash of light as it returned to its Pokeball. There was a quiet application of a bicycle's brakes from behind Cero, the sound the only sign of Abraham Stein's arrival.

The messenger dismounted, standing next to his transport as he watched the proceedings carefully.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Jacob"Hm..."Something just didn't feeel right. There was something unnatural about this trainer and this pokemon, something about how it was just shrugging off attacks with ease. Jacob somehow knew that he had to help. But on the other hand, he couldn't stick around for long; the authorities were going to be here soon and Jacob couldn't afford to stick around. Besides, this wasn't his fight. "After all," a voice resounded in his head, "You only fight for money, do you?""Bystander syndrome..."

Wrath's Coneldurr was struck by Wild Charge, not being able to block the strike with just one of his canes. He was then sliced at by the Dewott. Seeing this infuriated Wrath. He'd just have to exact vengeance upon the Luxray and Dewott for this.

"Aggron, Head Smash on the Luxray.", Wrath said, his voice as eerily calm as ever, "Tyranitar, Thunderpunch on the Dewott. Conkeldurr, Mach Punch on the Luxray."

The Aggron roared again, then lunged towards the Luxray and bashed his head upon him with great force, while the Tyranitar rushed towards Ryan's Dewott and punched him with an electrized fist. After this, Wrath's Conkeldurr smashed his fist into the Luxray wiith great force, sending him flying down the street.

"Time to end this.", Wrath said viciously, "You should feel honored. You get to see what I can do."

With that, Wrath crossed his arms in front of himself, his aura growing thicker and more malevolent looking. He then uncrossed his arms all of a sudden and released a red explosion from himself. But it did not destroy anything. It simply went through the buildings. Afterwards, the entire street was permeated with the sounds of yelling and rioting. People exited their homes into the street, all of them imbued with the same murderous aura as Wrath.

"Let's see how you like this!" Wrath yelled smugly.

-==IC: Ryan//Goldenrod City==-Ryan growled, as he looked around at what was happening."What gives you the right to do that?!" Ryan yelled out, as he called on more of his rage, despite the fact that his opponent seemed to be doing something similar almost. Ryan recalled his injured Dewott, quickly running out of usable Pokemon, as he sent out his weak-in-comparison Pansage. Zach frowned, at a loss for words for what was going on, as he closed his eyes, not sure what to do about it."There's... one thing..." Blade's faint voice said, but Zach grimaced; he wanted to stop this fighting... but what if this was a trap? What if he'd just be opening himself to the same thing as before?"No. I'm not going to stoop to that level." Zach said quietly, almost at a whisper, as he looked over at Wrath, choosing his next Pokemon as he recalled his fainted Luxray."Ryan, is he able to fight again?" Zach asked his brother without looking away. Ryan frowned, not sure what Zach meant; but he shook his head anyway."Then heal him up. I'll buy us some more time." Zach said, a grim frown on his face, as he sighed, and sent out his Pikachu next. Since it was an egg when he last visited a Pokemon center, his Riolu wasn't counted as the 'official' count, and he hadn't had a chance to send Heather back yet. It seemed that came in handy now, though he figured that he'd need to send her back after this, as the eight Pokemon were getting to be a handful."Quick Attack." Zach said, becoming more focused, as the Pikachu dashed toward the Conkeldurr once more; Zach knew that he was not able to deal much damage to the other two, and noticed that this Conkeldurr was already taking more damage than before, so he figured the best idea was to keep up the attack. Drawing his fire was another thing that he wanted to happen, as it would give Ryan more chances to have his Tyranitar rest..."Alright. You know what to do." Ryan said, as the Pansage hesitated in it's happy look for a moment, as it saw what it was up against, but then ran forward, swinging around a knot of grass, before throwing it at the Tyranitar quickly. Ryan wasn't sure what to do about the Aggron for the moment, but figured that would be handled soon enough, with luck.

IC Jacob"What the heck?!" Jacob cried out as he was struck with a wave of red energy. As he regained his composure, he felt something unusual. A wave of immense rage, stronger than anything he had felt before, had rippled through him. The fires of anger had been kindled for an unknown reason and they continued to burn, brighter and brighter. Jacob clutched his head in pain; his preevolved forms had the ability to sense emotion, and some of this had carried over to his present evolution, causing hm to be affected by Wrath's attack on a completely different level than any human could know. And. It. HURT. "GrrraaaaAAAAAAH!!!" Jacob weakly got up, attempting to flee the scene, but knowing that it would be futile. "Llade..." Jacob muttered weakly, staggering towards Wrath (Even though he had meant to go the other way). Around him he could hear the sounds of an angry riot, each individual imbued with great amounts of anger.

IC: Cero was utterly bewildered by the Alakazam's expounding--without any sort of mental sense of his own, he could not understand what "Johto's psychic web" "being strummed by a thousand fearful hearts" could mean, but felt it to be vaguely ominous, giving him all the more cause for his perplexing concern. And he was quite perplexed by its wounds' luminescence. Therefore, he was still formulating a reply to the Psychic-Type's observations when he heard a soft command for a stall to return. He raised a plaintive eyebrow and looked in its direction. But his befuddlement only increased as he perceived its origin: a willowy teenager braking a bicycle as he recalled what appeared to be a large, red Bug-Type. Beside the newcomer, a sprinting and similarly tall boy in a trainer's hat came to a skidding halt. Both of these people appeared to be trainers as he; more importantly, neither had fled from the area at the sight of the falling Alakazam, as the townspeople had done out of what Cero guessed was a desire to be left alone. The pair watched him and the injured Alakazam with a mix of interest and wariness. Altogether, it appeared that they also were concerned for the psychic. But their evident status as a pair of trainers perturbed Cero. For all he knew, they could be enemy agents possessing no ties to the alliance led by Team Liberty. In that case, he felt it might be prudent to stay on his guard. Buitre would be on hand in such an eventuality.

However...

Who am I to tell allegiances? They could well be on my side for all I know, Cero reasoned. Or do allegiances even matter here? He glanced back to the Alakazam. Those burns did not come from a spar, nor did his teleportation to Cianwood. And his story--of a cataclysmic event in Team Galactic's Base, connected to a similar feeling here--implies that there is something inherently wrong not merely in Sinnoh but in Johto, the immediate area of these people, playing an eldritch wrench in the workings of a whole region. No, he reflected, allegiances can't matter in these circumstances. Everyone deserves a right to know what is going on regardless of faction, because all factions want what is best for this people, and none of them can create the best possible situation for this people to live in if they're all dead because of an alien psychic assault. Not only is their invitation to this conversation the polite way to respond to their entrance, but the right thing to do presently.

Thus concluding, Cero looked back to the Alakazam and responded: prior to any further discussion, might you allow the two sapients behind me into this discussion? I believe they have displayed their merit in visible concern for your state following your drop from the sky, and considering the fact that Johto is now a region wherein a similarly dangerous aura is present, I think it's prudent to inform such people that it's been compromised with immediacy.

[Profiles]

IC: Aspen SeatonAspen trudged along the streets of Olivine City, hanging his head down. He felt like an utter failure, being unable to find his sister in 6 months even after searching around Johto. "I'm so sorry.... I couldn't save you and now I can't find you either..." Aspen muttered to himself outside his home, tears streaming down his face.Why did that man kidnap Dahlia? What was he doing to her? Did Dahlia ever think about him? Was she even alive? Those questions he held on to for 6 months, and all of his frustrations and sadness was steadily released in a stream of tears. "Do I have to wait for you to stop or can we just talk?" a voice said to Aspen.Aspen stopped crying and looked to who said that to him."Well, haven't seen you in a while Olivia."

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: James looked around at the somewhat familiar cityscape of Saffron. He and Guinevere had once again warped to Vermilion and walked to Saffron City to acquire parts. James was slightly disappointed that he found no trainers on the road between the two cities of whom to battle (as well as Lancelot and Mordred who had itching for battle) as he had wished to train more, still not fully confident in the strength of his team. They were strong to be sure, but he felt that he needed to acquire power. The image of Pierce was still in the forefront of his mind.

James, you okay?

The Executive snapped out of his thoughts as he realized the Gardevoir was speaking to him.

"Yes, I am fine Guinevere, do not worry."

The place he was looking for today was a shop somewhere in the midst of Saffron. A growing company known for making high-quality custom computer hardware.

Are you sure? You've been distant a lot lately...

Unfortunately he had never been to area where the store was and thus actually had to use transportation to get where he needed to go, and since none of his pokemon could fly, that meant taking a train.

I suppose, the Executive letting the telepath pick up his thoughts, I am just uneasy with the ceasefire.

The pair walked into a subway station purchased two tickets to the subway. James decided he knew that he would have Guinevere out of her Pokeball on the train and that it would be dishonest to abuse pokeballs to get her on there without paying. He could live with that, but he would rather not of Guinevere seeing him game the system.

Why's that? The psychic asked. You were glad for it when it started.

Because I doubt that it will last, and that when the ceasefire ends I will be caught off guard.

James and Guinevere reached the platform where a large number of people were waiting. The subway was due to arrive in a minute.

And even more than that, I feel uneasy that I can do nothing to prepare besides training my Pokemon and upgrading my tech. I can not hack into the Rocket's databases without seriously jeopardizing the peace.

The Liberty Executive then fully retreated into the recesses of his mind far from the reach of the Gardevoir.

And since we have not won the war, I have not gotten out ahead...

James, there you go again, the train is here.

"Hm, oh yes, forgive me let us go."

The two walked onto the train and found one seat left which James gave to Guinevere. James took a look around, and to his suprise saw a woman who deeply resembled him sitting across from Guinevere.

"Jamie?"IC: Jamie was pretty happy to have seen the start of the ceasefire. She had no desire to fight in the war having never given the chance to pick whether she wanted to work with the Rockets or not. The clone was made by the Rockets and with James' consent she became a Rocket. However such thoughts rarely ever occured to Jamie who ignored them when they reared their heads. The thought "it is not my place to question my position" came to mind whenever a thought occurred of why was she fighting.

The ceasefire brought with it one problem however. The Rocket agent never really had a day off in her short life. Nor did she know what she was suppossed to do when she had an off day. Therefore she was quite confused come the start of the ceasfire. The problem however had an easy fix in the guise of Lucia. Lucia had been very insistent that they go places that she had picked out for them. When Jamie agreed without a second thought, Lucia seemed somewhat suprised and perhaps slightly offended that Jamie hadn't said a word of protest. It wasn't like she was just submitting to her whims though, more that she had no idea of where she would have wanted to go and more likely to relax going wherever Lucia had wanted than protesting while trying to learn enough to figure out where she would have wanted to go.

And thus six months later Lucia and Jamie were waiting on a subway platform to get somewhere that Lucia had said she wanted to go. Jamie had her team with her, just in case (though none of them were out, because she didn't want Pelleas or Tristan picking fights with whoever came by, Lucan crying at whatever came by, Palmodies trying to scare whoever came by, and Grummore was hard to move when he was tired, so no thank you.

The subway arrived and the two Rocket agents stepped on to try and find seats. Most seats by the door they came in on and had to sit closer to the other end of the car. She looked across from her to see a Gardevoir.

A Gardevoir, where have I seen a Gardevoir before?

"Jamie?"Then it hit her as she turned to see a man whom she deeply resembled.

OOC: Slightly bunnied Lucia to have reason for my guys to meet. Apologies to Blade if anything seems off.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC - Sonja Baron - Nimbasa City: "Hm..."

The Liberty Agent turned her head, looking out over the water. The mirror-like surface reflected the rays of the setting sun, casting pale pink and orange ribbons in every direction. Seems like everyone is always trying to prove something, Sonja mused, thinking specifically of Sophia. The Ford agent's intentions had been made clear during their confrontation--demonstrating the collateral damage caused by the Rocket-Liberty War--but her method of going about it had been simply monstrous. Even then, she was only one of many examples, and yet another that Sonja could not figure out how to understand no matter how much she tried.

By the sounds of it, this appeared to be one of those cases, if Ray's guesses were true. And despite his word, she wasn't so sure that the possibility of the conflict spreading again to Unova was the biggest thing at stake.

"Are you planning on going after him?" Sonja asked, her tone a bit too casual for the amount of interest she was showing in her friend's story.

IC - Alakazam - Cianwood City: The Alakazam considered this request for a moment, before nodding. I will allow this, the Psychic-Type said. However, we have little time to continue this discussion--there is something happening in Goldenrod City, something that could quickly spread. I ensure Jupiter's safety.

It paused again, looking to the sky. Though Cero may not have known it, under Joker's authority, Johto had developed in recent years as the psychic hub of the world. The web Alakazam referred to was exactly that: hundreds of different, psychic-imbued minds communicating with one another across the region, primarily acting as an information relay network for Joker's forces, orchestrating responses to and delivering news of different developments across the region. Now was one such time, as the network sensed the activity in Johto's capital city, flaring alive with each new demonstration of power.

Alakazam closed its eyes. Were these powers not destroyed with the Ten? Hm...

IC - Rocket Agents - Goldenrod City: A sudden rumbling caught the attention of the various guards and police tasked with established a perimeter around Joker's designated zone, though they could not see what the source was. They, like the civilians evacuating nearby, virtually froze in their steps, looking back in the direction of where the fight had been taking place.

One curious deputy climbed on top of one of the Rocket vans, pulling his binoculars to his face and peering through the glass. Further down the street, past the large crowd of evacuees, there seemed to be no activity--just more and more civilians. As he peered closer, however, and as they neared, he could tell that something was wrong. They were not running in the same way the others had been--out of fear or confusion. No; these people bore a distinct body language, one befitting of the term irate.

Or, angered.

Wrathful, even.

The deputy lowered his binoculars. "Oooh, dear..."

The enraged civilians descended on the unaffected citizens, a collision announced by roars and shouts and screams and other noises befitting what was effectively a riot. The Rocket guards ran forward, sending out their own Pokémon to try and stem the tide of people, as well as protect those civilians who were not attacking. In seconds, the line evaporated, and in the chaos, the deputy could see that there were other Rockets acting against them--as if they, too, had been affected by whatever was driving these people to anger--which, all things considered, they probably had been.

The deputy moved slowly backwards, toward a radio set-up, and called for back-up.

IC - Gavin Braner/Ethan Worth - Ecruteak City: "Nothing here, nothing there, nothing... anywhere," Ethan said. "Hm..." He tapped his foot, looking around. He and Gavin had searched the area where "Mr. Rage" had first appeared, including where he had battled against Riley's forces, to no avail. Whatever traces of his presence he might have left, they were nowhere to be found, no doubt thanks to the reconstruction efforts.

"Well, not quite. Catch." Ethan looked over at him, throwing his hands up as a green stone dropped toward him. Opening his palms, he was surprised--and delighted--to see a Leaf Stone. Gavin merely nodded at him as he stood up, dusting his jeans off. "Figured you'd find a better use for that than me."

"Aw, thanks, Gav," Ethan said, grinning. "Though, I'm not sure it's exactly safe for Suya to get his leaves on this, you know?" Gavin shrugged. "Well, thanks, pal."

"Yuup," Gavin responded. "So, what next, then?"

"Hm..." Ethan pocketed the stone, rubbing his chin in thought. "Well, we could always go back to Abyss and find something else to look into. Doesn't seem like anything's going to come of--" He looked away as his PokéGear beeped, at the same time that Gavin's did. Opening it, he read the emergency alert, which indicated that Goldenrod had come under attack. Ethan frowned, looking back up at Gavin. "Shall we check it out?"

"Despite the fact that literally every other free agent will be doing the same, Rocket or otherwise?" Gavin asked. "Sure, why not? Maybe we'll get lucky with this..."

Ethan nodded. "Then let's go! To the Worthmobile!"

And to the Worthmobile, they went.

IC - Shadow Admin Joker - Lake of Rage: The door to Joker's personal equipment locker swung open, revealing the Shadow Admin in question as she stepped out onto the launch platform. As the elevator began to rise, Joker looked herself over in the reflection of a thin, collapsible mirror that rose from the metal beneath at her feet. Her suit consisted of a flexible, form-fitting black body suit, covered at all vital points--the chest, pelvis, arms, and legs--by thicker, purple-hued armor. Her hands bore the pair of psychic focuser gauntlets that she had developed over the course of the war; tucked under her arm was a similar helmet with a see-through faceplate. Put together, the suit was designed to enhance Joker's psychic abilities, raising their potential to the equivalent of a Psychic-Type Pokémon's.

As the mirror retracted into the floor, Joker raised her helmet, sliding it over her head. The built-in comm activated, connecting her to Abyss's command center--as well as Johto's overall psychic network.

"All systems looking good," Joker heard a female technician say. "As does the suit itself, ma'am. Permission to express how awesome its design is?"

"Denied, Willem," the Shadow Admin answered, eliciting a disappointed groan. "What's the current situation in Goldenrod?"

"A second pulse was detected, emanating from the first, Admin Joker," another, male tech reported. "It was weaker, but it was almost immediately followed by reports of increased aggression in the area."

"Which brings to mind what happened to Executive Riley's Zapdos when the subject was first encountered," Anderson's voice cut in. "Make of that what you will, ma'am."

Hm... Joker shook her head, stepping forward as the elevator arrived at the surface of the Lake of Rage. "I'll consider that on my way over," she said. "Get the system ready."

And so they did. Joker stood quite literally in the center of the lake, on a flat, metal platform just a few feet above the surface of the water. Four, square elevators were connected to this same place, all set equidistantly from a raised, totem-like structure, in which four square indents had been set. At her order, four spires rose all around the lake, likewise set in a diamond-shape, each--if one looked closely--set in what would be the space between the corners of two of the elevator platforms.

Joker approached the totem carefully, pulling one of her magnetized Pokéballs from her suit's belt. Leviathan, her Golurk, resided in this capsule. Through the translucent yellow and black top, she could see the Ghost-Ground-Type's shrunken form--ironic, considering that it was, in truth, larger than most Golurk. The golem's stance was one of total stoicism, as if Leviathan knew and was ready to face what lay before it, just as it had when the modification to its power limiter had been made--and as it had when additional control elements had been constructed for it, specifically for what was to come.

With her own mind decided, Joker reached forward, setting the Pokéball in the opening. She stepped back.

"Ready?" Anderson asked.

"Activate the machine," Joker said, snapping her eyes and head to the side slightly out of habit. Anderson got the underlying message, and proceeded to pass the order on. As the technicians worked, Joker looked at the two spires within her vision, watching as they lit up with energy. A brilliant flash of light forced her to cover her eyes for a moment, accompanied by a sudden surge of heat to either side. Daring to peek through the gap between her arms, Joker saw the beams of power rushing from the four spires to the totem, siphoned down into Leviathan's Pokéball.

Above the rush of wind, she heard a sharp crack.

"Cut the power!" she yelled into her comm. Within seconds, the beams of light vanished, allowing Joker to move forward in spite of the heat around her. Reaching forward, she levitated Leviathan's Pokéball out of the totem, not daring to touch it. The container had been burned by the surge of energy, its white bottom now turned a scorched grey. Its top was no longer translucent, bearing instead a noticeable, splintered crack across its surface.

A telepathic probe of the inside revealed, however, that Leviathan was still alive--and was absolutely brimming with energy.

And yet, relieved as she was, something about the golem seemed... different. It was not as if it bore any significant mental changes--Joker would have been able to directly detect those--but instead...

Throwing caution to the wind, Joker tossed the Pokéball into the air. White light emerged, as bright as the sun--and it continued. More and more light, much more than what should have for the golem's size. It took Levithan's shape, and then continued to grow larger and larger and larger, to the point of overshadowing much of the Lake of Rage itself. At first, Joker's eyes widened in shock and surprise, unsure of how to process this development. The more closely she observed the golem's now-gargantuan size, however, the more realizations hit her. As the prospect of the sheer power now at her disposal crossed her mind, Joker's alarm quelled itself. As she realized that her work had been successful--that this single Pokémon could literally crush any others--a smile grew on her face.

As the thought crossed her mind that she could overthrow Sleight himself with this, Joker grinned broadly. Carefully, she replaced the damaged Pokéball, closing her eyes and connecting her mind with Leviathan's. The golem looked down at her. From sixty feet up, Joker seemed so much smaller than before. It was... strange. A familiar sensation washed over it, however, and so it reached out with its hand, palm up. She stepped up, allowing the golem to raise its hand and place her on its shoulder.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Joker said into her comm, telekinetically holding herself on Leviathan's shoulder as the golem lifted from the ground with Fly. "I believe we have had a successful test run."

A hearty laugh filled the comm link as the golem took off, heading in the direction of Goldenrod City.

OOC: So, Alku, between the Shadow Admin, the sixty-foot Golurk, Zach, Ryan, Gavin, Ethan, and assorted other people, now seems like it would be a good time for me to say, "If I'm throwing too much stuff your way, tell me to stop."

So, uh... yeah.

: P

(but seriously--if I'm throwing too much stuff your way, tell me to stop. for reals. :3 )

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Van's eyes widened at the mention of any recognition. He planted his feet firmly in place, his eyes set into the eyes of the girl who stood before him. He was thrown off, to understate his feelings. "You... Explain yourself," Van stated, his voice slightly shaking from both excitement that someone might know something about him, and out of shock at how calm she could be. Hydreigon moved closer to Van, each of its heads pointed directly at the mysterious young woman. "What do you mean? Who are you talking about?"

~Det

OOC: Oh maaaaan. xD This is getting more interesting by the second; I mean, we have a building-sized Golurk headed our way. I expect panic from more than the intended people. xD-==IC: Ray//Nimbasa City==-Ray took his turn to look over toward the water, noticing a group of Pokemon playing near the shore of Route 5, and some just flying around without a care. He was amazed at the fact that things like this could still exist in a world so war-torn as this. It did give him hope for the future, of course."... I'm not sure." Ray said finally, as he looked over to Sonja curiously, taking note of the tone she was using."There are others who are going after him, others who likely have more of a grudge against him for various reasons... Others who are likely more qualified too. I don't really know if I would be needed in this fight; and really... I've had enough fighting in the last little while to last a long, long time." Ray admitted, as he sighed. He had rather been enjoying the peace, until this stuff happened."Plus, I'm kinda outta practice, that doesn't help either." Ray added with a chuckle, which was true, and possibly one reason that Aizen was rebelling and not taking him where he had wanted to go. Thinking about Sonja's casual tone, he wondered if there was more to that question than he had initially thought, though the answer would still have been the same... That Aggron showed him he was not ready for this type of fight; but others were. He was out of practice, but the others weren't. He would only get involved if he really needed to.

OOC: Okay, another world-threatening plot which will take the most awesome and powerful trainers in the world to stop.

Is it okay for me to continue my small plot about the search for a beloved sister and the reconciling of a family? =P

IC: Aspen and Olivia Seaton

"Fancy meeting you again after all this time." said Olivia nonchalantly.

"There was a reason we didn't talk to each other you know." Aspen growled.

"Which is completely invalid now, ever since Rocket and Liberty had a ceasefire.." Olivia reminded. "Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about Dahlia."

Aspen raised an eyebrow. "You know about what happened?"

"Of course I did! I've been trying to look for her all this time, just like you!""Why would you care about anyone from this family?" Aspen asked.

"Because I'm not a soulless monster! Dahlia was the most important piece of the family, she's what kept it together! She's the only one I cared about....""Thanks a lot. By the way, I think I was much closer to Dahlia than you ever were." said Aspen.

"It doesn't matter now, we have a chance to put our family back together! If we look for Dahlia together, we could finally fix the mess we've put ourselves in. So what do you say, deal?" Olivia asked as she held out her hand for a handshake.

Aspen thought for a moment, before sighing and shaking Olivia's hand. "Deal."

Edited by JiMing

Suddenly, Wrath ran towards his Conkeldurr and struck a fighting pose towards the Pikachu. When the Pikachu got close enough, Wrath kicked her away with great force. Wrath devilishly smiled at Zach and Ryan, his eyes brimming with malice. Wrath's Tyranitar ignored the Pansage's attack and readied an Ice Punch to smash into him.

"So, you think focusing your strength on beating down my Conkeldurr will save you?", Wrath said, "How can you do that, when you will face an army?"

With that, Wrath sent out three more Pokemon. A Gyarados, Vespiquen and Salamence to be exact. Wrath's Salamence roared at the enemy pokemon, his eyes burning with rage.

"Gyarados, Earthquake!", Wrath barked, "Vespiquen, Defend Order! Salamence, Dragon Dance!"

Wrath's Gyarados roared towards the heavens, causing a great upheaval of the ground, causing a good amount of damage to the street and buildings nearby. His Vespiquen summoned the many larval combee with her to bulk up her defenses, while his Salamence danced a primal and vigorous dance to up his Attack and speed........

-==IC: Ryan==-Ryan frowned, as he closed his eyes, trying to think of what to do. Ryan gripped a Pokeball in his hand as he recalled his injured Pansage, Zach looking over at his brother to see if he had any ideas desperately, not sure what else to do, since he was nearly out of Pokemon, and his last true Pokemon was one that was not truly fit for this fight. Ryan opened his eyes once more, seeming a little calmer than a little before, and stepped forward. As he did so, he held his hand out, the ball still in his hand."By not giving up. People, for once, are counting on me; and I'm not going to let them down, not this time." Ryan said, as he threw the ball, a Tyranitar appearing from the red and white ball."I'm mad. I think you are arrogant, and well beyond your rights in what you're doing. I once stood where you stood, destroying things carelessly. But I was shown that was wrong. And I will show you the same now, too." Ryan said, as he pointed to the sky."Rock Slide, Scary Face, Screech." Ryan said, as the Tyranitar roared out with a high pitched sound, distorting it's face, as it sent rocks flying at the six, from the broken streets, taking them from the bunch that could head toward the civilians. Ryan looked at the destruction, and frowned as he shook his head. However, he might just have to fight fire with fire here...

IC:

Abraham felt the brush of another mind against his, pushing at the boundary, as if trying to get through it. After a moment, the teenager let the probe in. Instantly, he could feel three others. There was no truly clear distinction between them, but there were in fact three distinct presences, linked together by the psychic Pokemon before them. It was clear that there had been a purpose to the method of communication, but it was no use asking. Either it would be elaborated on, or it would not.

So for the moment, he remained "silent", deciding to play his hand close to the chest. His wariness was evident in the link, he made no effort to hide it, if only because it would be a futile gesture. He had no reason to trust those present. So he would not, until such a time as they either earned it, or presented him with a reason that it was a wise choice.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Samuel Freeman oozed America. His patriotism dripped from him like sweat off an exhilarated athlete, brimming with vitality and exuberance. He believed in liberty from oppression and ignorance, and regardless of whether he was intelligent or not, this choice was one he had no small degree of confidence in. His devotion to the United States was absolute.

So it was only natural that when he saw the Fighting-Type shadowboxing in the tall grass of Route 35, he had to stifle his prompt squee of manly delight.

"YOU, THERE!," The trainer bellowed. The Hitmonchan continued practicing.

A vein palpitated on Freeman's forehead.

"YOU, FIGHTING-TYPE!"

That got the Hitmonchan's attention. It turned its gaze towards him, arms instantly whirling to refocus in a tight guard.

"MY NAME IS SAMUEL FREEMAN AND I AM AN AMERICAN! I HAVE THEREFORE COME HERE TO SPREAD DEMOCRACY TO YOU SO THAT YOU MAY ASCEND FROM YOUR HEATHEN WAYS! REMEMBER THESE THINGS, FIGHTING-TYPE! NOW," Samuel yelled, clocking back and throwing to summon ManBearPig from his sphere, "I BELIEVE THE PROPER TERM UTILIZED IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS CIRCUMSTANCE IS 'COME AT ME, BRO!'"

ManBearPig bounced.

The Hitmonchan watched.

ManBearPig bounced.

The Hitmonchan watched.

ManBearPig bounced.

The Hitmonchan watched.

The vein on Freeman's forehead throbbed at a dangerously high pressure.

"I SAID, 'COME AT ME, BRO!,'" The trainer roared as he plucked the startled Spoink from mid-bounce and flung it by the tail towards the Hitmonchan.

Several Pyshocks, Bounces, Rests, and Snores later, Freeman tapped an Ultra Ball to one soundly-defeated Fighting-Type's face.

Cassius I. Faust was traveling to Snowpoint City when he found his own visage in contact with a peculiar thing. A thing, to be specific, that was currently attempting to poke his eyes out with a very sharp and very pointy beak. He scrabbled for the capsules containing his 'mon instinctively, unleashing one at random. Baku grew from the spherical device, crying her "Mooor" of challenge to the attacker.

A Fire Spin and a few Bug Bites later, Cassius threw his own Ultra Ball towards the Murkrow that had beset him.

OOC: Catching.

Nickname: Chuck Norris

Species: Hitmonchan
Trainer: Samuel Freeman
Appearance: The average Hitmonchan with leaner and lighter feet, as well as smaller boxing gloves.
Personality: Chuck is a major perfectionist. This appears most prominently in his constant attempts to create the perfect punch, though he is often driven into bouts of melancholy upon the revelation that he has not reached it after yet more work.
Specialty: Norris is not merely swift to punch but fast on his feet, using intricate footwork to generate the power needed for its tremendous strikes and jabs. Its ability to shift between stances quickly also aids in special defense.
Ability: Iron Fist
Known Moves: Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, Focus Punch, Fire Punch

Nickname: Bhusunda

Species: Murkrow
Trainer: Cassius I. Faust
Appearance: Bhusunda is the average Murkrow in appearance.
Personality: Bhusunda is a domineering, manipulative 'mon possessing no small degree of cunning. She likes to give orders but detests the responsibility attached to a position in which she might do that.
Specialty: The Murkrow is agile and deft. In conjunction with its ability, it can mete out powerful strikes quickly.
Ability: Super Luck
Known Moves: Sky Attack (egg move), Mirror Move (egg move), Sucker Punch, Night Shade, Foul Play, Drill Peck (egg move)

[Profiles]

IC: Dack

Under ordinary circumstances, Dack would never try and flee from a fight. But a 900-pound Legendary Pokemon stampeding towards you is not ordinary circumstances. As Dack saw the Heatran fast approaching, survival instinct kicked in. Grabbing Madison, he dove out of the way of the oncoming Pokemon. But as he landed in the snow, Dack heard a crackle of electricity. Looking over his shoulder, he saw a man standing a few feet away, arm outstretched.

The Heatran saw him, too. The Thunder Wave had stopped the Legendary in its tracks. Electricity coursing through his body, the Heatran glared at the man who dared attack him.

"Watch out!" Dack cried even as the Heatran shot a Fire Spin at the gloved man.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: JiMing: What a silly question. Of course! After all, it's only a matter of time before the main plot sweeps you up, as well! : D

Blade: You ain't seen nothin' yet. > :D

IC - Commander Damon - Hojohsin Factory: "Right, right," Damon said, as the boat touched shore. "Well, never fear--we would never push a blacksmith so hard." He held an arm out, welcoming Burks to go on ahead. "You should be able to find your work station well enough--it'll be the only metalwork center, after all. Best of luck."

IC - Alakazam - Cianwood City: The Alakazam glanced at Cero. Perhaps you would like to relay what I have told you thus far, while I try to figure out what else is going on?

IC - Sonja Baron - Nimbasa City: Interesting... Sonja straightened up, decision made.

"Alright," she said. "Well, regardless of whether you get involved with this, I've had a long enough break here at this point, so I want to go back to Kanto with you whenever you decide to leave." The Liberty agent adjusted her bag, a slight smile on her face. "I think Unova's healed enough by now for me to stop worrying about it, and with the war having slowed down by now... There's not much to worry about, right? Besides, I haven't been battling a lot lately, either, so we can help each other get back up to speed with everyone else."

This was a somewhat surprising turn of events, even for Sonja. But, in the back of her mind, she knew it was the right course of action--she had wasted enough time sitting around in Unova, hadn't she? It was probably best for her to start getting involved with things in Kanto again. Reconnect with her other friends and with Team Liberty. Not to mention, Ray's story had brought to mind a strange feeling--as if she needed to be nearer to Kanto than she was.

Why, though? She couldn't answer that question herself, in all honesty. But Sonja was not one to doubt a gut feeling.

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Approaching Goldenrod City: "Gavin..." Ethan said uncertainly, as a large shadow covered the car and the road, momentarily blocking out the sun. "What... is that...?"

The Rocket agent looked up from the computer console, jaw dropping in surprise as he peered out the window. Above, what appeared to be the gargantuan upper body of a Pokémon tore through the sky, propelled by a powerful, rocket-like torrent of energy at what would be its midsection. If Gavin knew his Ghost-Types well enough--and he did--he would label it as a massive Golurk... except for the fact that they did not get that big. Ever.

As such, he was at a loss for words, though was able to focus enough to finish switching out his team. Cain the Seedot went back into Team Rocket's database, to be replaced a moment later by Dothe, his Dusknoir--easily the most powerful Pokémon he owned. For good measure, he sent back Kora, his Poochyena, as well, and withdrew Irest, his Drapion.

"Do you want Céris?" he asked his fellow agent. When Ethan did not respond, having resumed driving in a concerned silence, Gavin looked at him. "Ethan." That caught his attention. "Céris?"

"Oh. Sure." Ethan handed Gavin the Pokéball containing Baya. "Send her back--would rather not let her get hurt by this guy."

Gavin nodded, placing the ball on the console and sending her back to the system. Céris' appeared in her place, which he handed to Ethan, just as they entered Goldenrod. The outskirts of the city were fairly clear, with most people having remained inside (and with Wrath's influence not having spread far enough to affect them yet.) Because of this, Ethan was free to move the vehicle through the streets, gradually working his way toward the designated block-off area. Said task was made even easier by the easily-viewed giant Golurk that was still moving through the air, and which came to a halt above the battlefield several minutes before the now-speeding Ethan arrived at the line of rioters and guards.

The brutal view--too horrid even to describe--was enough to make Ethan slam on the breaks.

"Should we help...?"

"No," Gavin said. "Turn around and park--Talsim'll teleport us the rest of the way."

"But the guards?"

Gavin pointed to the air. Several helicopters were approaching high above--not just Team Rocket's, but some belonging to the Separatists and Team Liberty, as well. Obviously, those in Johto had some inkling of what was going on and had opted to assist the Rockets in containing it. "Go."

And so Ethan did, not looking back as the reinforcements descended.

IC - Envy - Galactic HQ: And there it was--the spark of green. How easily one could be provoked into an envious rage, when presented with some seed of knowledge that they did not possess. Envy tilted her head forward, clasping her hands behind her back as she observed the boy and the Hydreigon. It was certainly a stronger flame than Mars', and yet... not quite strong enough. It needed more.

She frowned at him. "You really don't remember?" she asked, closing her eyes. "Hm... Perhaps I was wrong, then. But your eyes are so familiar... And your darkness, so similar to theirs--like an echo of the things they so desired. But, I guess it wasn't you--you do, after all, only remind me of them." Envy smiled. "If you really want me to answer, though... how about a battle? Beat me in a straight duel, and I'll tell you what you want to know."

Be a good boy now and open your heart, she thought, as if by the act itself she could simply will her opponent to do her bidding. Let invidia lead you to the future...

IC - Shadow Admin Joker/Leviathan - Goldenrod City: The battlefield was in view, mostly through the zoomed-in view of her helmet's visor. In the time it had taken Joker to get here, the balance of power on the field had certainly changed, as from the looks of it, almost all of the Pokémon below belonged to the criminal designated oh-so-appropriately by Executive Riley as "Mr. Rage."

At the very least, that was the impression that Joker got from their auras, all of which radiated as an angry, blistering crimson.

Let's see what we can do, Joker telepathically said to Leviathan. Shadow Punch.

She had no doubt that Leviathan's presence was causing most of the combatants' attention to be turned her way--particularly given the massive shadow covering the streets below, the Golurk's appearance notwithstanding. This, she imagined, was only magnified as the Ghost-Type threw a fist forward, which disappeared into a portal of shadow and reappeared out of another that emerged above Zach and Ryan, flying diagonally down and forward toward where Wrath and his team were gathered.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: ICs for the others coming later. Not sure if there 'mon were approved or not yet, so I'm not going ahead until that is confirmed or denied.

IC: Indeed, Cero replied. He turned towards his fellow trainers. Nova has been ruined, Jupiter managing to Teleport away with the aid of our psychic comrade. He currently senses devastation empowered by a similarly eldritch, titanic aura--one reminiscent of the power of the Ancient Darkrai--in Goldenrod City. We are currently seeking to gather more information about this event. He paused. Regardless of allegiance, I think we can all rally behind the people of that city.

Edited by Iskandar

[Profiles]

-==IC: Ray//Nimbasa City==-Ray was a little surprised by her decision, but nodded with a smile, as it was a pleasant surprise."Alright then, sounds like a good plan to me." Ray said, as he leaned against the bridge slightly."Just say the word; I can be ready whenever you are." Ray said, as he really was ready anytime; provided Aizen decided to co-operate this time. Of course, his thoughts shifted to Goldenrod for a moment.I do hope those two didn't start fighting. Things never go right when those two fight with each other.OOC: Heh.Also, no worries Minun. =P Been at a loss for what to do regarding Lucia, so feel free to bunny her if you wish; I'll dig up my profile anyway, which you just reminded me to do. =P

OOC: So how are things gonna go with the Seven Deadly Sins villains? Because I'm not sure whether Aspen or Olivia is going to run into either. Also, can I have what Aspen caught be a Golbat instead? Once again, profiles coming soon.

Edited by JiMing

IC Jacob Okay, this was too much. First, this man screws around with people's minds, then he causes property damage? "Looks like I'm going to take this into my own hands!" Jacob roared almost sending in his Beldum..."What the Giratina is THAT?!" Jacob yelled in surprise as a massive Golurk hovered over the battlefield. "Golurk do not get that big," Jacob mused. "Is it a robot? A giant ditto? Or is it a mutant?" Whatever it was, Jacob did not want to be anywhere near that thing when it landed. So Jacob began to hurry away from the scene.

IC:

There was a brief pause, as Abraham's mind ran through the ramifications of the new information, prioritizing and cataloging, putting everything in order. Finally, roughly a minute later, the mental silence was broken.

Something occurred that was significant enough for Jupiter to flee from Sinnoh. Likewise, something occurred to cause Alakzam not only to arrive without its passenger, but to be almost literally shot out of the sky mid-transport. Minutes later, an eldritch disturbance the likes of which have not been seen in months occurs.

I think the odds that this is a coincidence are so small as to be nonexistent. Something is occurring, something that may yet again threaten the safety of the regions. I think that not only can we put aside any squabbles among our factions there might be, but we must.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: It is pretty awkward to look into the eyes of a family member (or whatever you could call the relationship when they are on the opposite side of a war. Even during a ceasefire, there was some bit of tension in the car due to the two opposite agents. If it was just the four of them, there would have been awkward silence in the car, but alas they were not.

“So, um who is this person, Jamie?”

“He is my brother… he works for Liberty.”

While people talked around them, there was almost a sphere where there was an awkward silence.

On James’ suggestion the four of them went to a café to “catch up” as James had phrased it. The two agents (mainly the one had catching up to do) agreed and the four left at the nearest stop. Following James (who followed his phone) they wound up at a nice cafe in a corner of Saffron. However the new venue only reinforced the silence among them as the café they entered was rather quiet. The silence around them matched the silence among them.

James noticed that his counterpart held a box, a box which seemed to contain some article of clothing, of which he could not tell. It was a good enough ice-breaker as any.

“Out of curiosity, what is in the box?”

The Rocket agent opened up the box and pulled out its contents. It was a large fancy red cap, which held in it brim a large white feather.

“It was her suggestion,” Jamie said pointing to Lucia.

“I see…” James said in response. It was a nice cap to be sure, but it didn’t seem like the kind to be worn with the dress Jamie was wearing, or oddly enough most dresses. In fact it strained his mind trying to figure out what the hat was supposed to be worn with.

Though I suppose the person who suggested it has an… interesting fashion sense, he thought glancing towards Lucia which earned him a face of “What?”

The silence returned once again as all four of them sipped their drinks. When both of the Rocket agents’ rang, Jamie was very glad for something to break their silence.

"Emergency alert, trouble in Goldenrod,” she mentioned as she looked through an alert, “Pardon me, but we must go now."

"Would you care for a lift?" James said glancing towards Guinevere. "I doubt the trains are going to Goldenrod now and I don't remember Tristan being able to teleport."

"I have caught more Pokémon... none of which that can teleport though... Very well, we'll take your offer."

Guinevere invoked a bit of Psychic power and warped the four of them to Goldenrod.

Later on, James would look back on that moment and call that move a mistake.

When the four materialized in the city of Goldenrod many dears were Oh’d that day.

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Then it is settled. We are bound by alliance, Cero replied. Anything in addition?

Cassius was walking down the Snowpoint Streets when he saw the distinctive bulk of its Pokemon Center loom in the snow ahead. His relief could not be overstated. At last, after an ardous trek across Sinnoh, battling his way through trainers and the environment--not including merely wild Pokemon, but also the permanent blizzard of Routes 216 and 217--he had found his way to a hospital for his injured 'mon. No longer lax, he rejoiced openly, smile gracing his face.

That smile fell as soon as he saw a smoking opening in the side of said hospital and heard a fiery roar. Cassius hesitated briefly. What was happening here? Why was the perforation in the building present? If the damage was the result of conflict, how was that conflict occurring under the present truce? And most importantly, was it his place to be involved? He had never previously been to Snowpoint, how was he to say this was abnormal--

Shortly thereafter, rolling thunder echoed through Snowpoint. The sounds of battle. That did it for Cassius. He could vacillate upon observing what was happening. For now, he would begin that observation.

Faust ran into the center to catch a glimpse of roiling lava barely contained by a metal cage. A blast of heat washed over his body as he came closer, causing his sprint to abruptly halt. Eyes blinking at the heat, the trainer found the lava-cage launching an attack towards a gloved man nearby. His eyes widened. The Pokemon, assuming that the creature of lava before him was such a creature, was attacking the man with Fire Spin, an attack he recognized from Baku's own repertoire.

He did not wish to fight on either side just yet, but he could only choose to do so if each was intact. Fire Spin would not allow a human to remain intact. Cassius thus summoned Baku once more. The Heatmor, instantly sympathetic towards the assailed human, jumped before the Fire Spin with arms outstretched. Its vents vacuumed in the flames of the Fire Spin as Flash Fire activated, Baku's numerous orifices jetting briefly with the sheer power of the move absorbed.

Faust was stunned. His Heatmor specialized in finesse with its flames and was always careful with Flash Fire, rarely letting any fire go uncontained; however, this unknown creature had generated so powerful a flame that Baku had been forced to expel some. The Anteater Pokemon looked towards Cassius for a millisecond, glancing in silent askance at her trainer for further command, but he shook his head. He did not understand the forces at work here and would give her no further action until he comprehended these circumstances.

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP, YOU SONS OF JYNXES!"

Freeman strode beside the fence of Route 35, pacing back and forth as he thundered his command. Freegle was rapt and perched atop a post. Doomcannon leaned against the structure with claws covering his face. ManBearPig bounced in Freeman's grip, while Chuck Norris leaned against the wall and shadowboxed in total ignorance of his trainer's speech.

"A DAY MAY COME WHEN THE FREEDOM OF 'MURKA FAILS, WHEN WE FORSAKE OUR BROS AND BREAK ALL BONDS OF DEMOCRACY! BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!"

He paused, twirling the Spoink in his hand to emphasize the importance of his next sentence.

"AND IT IS NOT TOMORROW, EITHER! OR THE DAY AFTER THAT! OR THE DAY AFTER THAT, EITHER! AS A MATTER OF FACT, THE FREEDOM OF 'MURKA CANNOT FAIL, BROS CANNOT BE FORSAKEN, AND DEMOCRACY IS UNBREAKABLE! AS A GREAT SPEAKER OF MY TRUE BLUE, NOT-DEAD RED, AND TIGHT WHITE HOMELAND ONCE SPAKE: ..."

Freeman paused before Doomcannon, wagging his finger before the Magmortar's face imperatively.

"...CAN'T TOUCH THIS!"

Freegle cawed happily. His trainer resumed his pacing.

"SO, IT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF AMERICA TO GO KICK BUTT AND TAKE NAMES! AS ITS MOST DIE-HARD REPRESENTATIVES, WE MUST BRAVE THE NUMEROUS DANGERS OF THIS GUT-WRENCHING, LIVER-YELLOWING, RESOLVE-SHAKING, HEART-BLEEDING, MANLINESS-TESTING WORLD AND DO SO AT ONCE! EVERYONE WITH ME!"

Nothing moved save for a certain flag-wearing trainer and his Spoink.

Freeman raised ManBearPig, the Spoink a baton signalling order in his Dramatic Grip™.

"IT'S TIME TO SPREAD DEMOCRACY TO THE SOVIET CITY OF GOLDENROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!"

And so it came to pass that Samuel Freeman entered Goldenrod City.

Edited by Iskandar

[Profiles]

IC: Geoffrey

"ArceusdammitI'mgonnadie!!!"

Geoffrey's eyes widened as the flames rushed towards him He closed his eyes, bracing for impact but suddenly a Heatmor jumped in front of him, absorbing the blast. Opening his eyes, he found himself relatively unscathed. The flames had been absorbed. "Going to have to switch gears," he thought. "Rotor! Exit the glove!" Geoffrey's glove glowed orange before the distinct shape of a Rotom flew out of it. "Electro ball!" Geoffrey commanded.

A sudden gleam appeared in Van's eyes. "If that's what it's going to take to get the truth from you..." Van quietly said. Raising his head, he pointed his finger determinedly at the girl. "Then I accept your challenge." Hydreigon let out a mighty roar, each of its mouths crackling with elemental energy.

'Normally I wouldn't do this...' Van monologued to his own mind. 'But if she knows anything about who, or what I am... Then I guess this is the only way to find out. I'll play her game...'

~Det

OOC: JiMing--That's actually classified information, unfortunately. xD Don't worry about it, though--if we drag you into the Sins Arc, we'll send you a PM warning you ahead of time. :)

And yeah, that would be fine.

IC - Sonja Baron - Nimbasa City: Sonja shrugged. "I'm ready now," she said. "Most of my stuff is still at the Alamo, anyway--at least, everything I actually need."

She waved to Phil, who had been listening to the conversation. With an exasperated sigh, the Plasma agent nodded, turning away and heading back into the city to alert his superiors about Sonja's departure.

IC - Alakazam - Cianwood City: Alakazam looked at Cero. Shadow Admin Joker has personally joined the fight. If nothing else needs to be said, I can teleport you there now--to help with the rioters, if nothing else. It looked away. The web is reporting confirmations from numerous other agents on their way to the area... Such a large conflict could easily get out of hand...

IC - Jackson Sang - Cerulean City: Jackson Sang's Poké Gear beeped. And then it did so again, and again, and again. Finally, he picked it up, noting the emergency alert that was displayed on it--one requesting any available agents to report to Goldenrod City to contain some sort of potential large-scale threat.

The assassin deleted the message, turning the device off immediately afterward. And why not, he wondered? After all, Team Rocket had demonstrated to him just how low certain members would stoop to achieve some monstrous end--was that something he really wanted to save or help? No. And with the part of Team Rocket in danger being that which operated from Johto, under the rule of Joker--the Shadow Admin known most for her cruelty and rumored experiments (overshadowed only by Ace and Buzz,) the option of helping was even less appealing.

No. He chose to monitor a different situation. Specifically, the skull-bandana-bearing blonde-haired boy in the weird black and brown martial art-like outfit currently observing one Darren Ketchum from the roof of a building across the street from Cerulean Gym.

IC - Envy - Galactic HQ: Envy's smiled at Van, staring at him from half-shut eyes. "Then let us begin."

The girl moved her left hand out from behind her back, raising and holding it forward. She closed her eyes, focusing on the darkness now gathering in her palm. Before Van and Hydreigon's eyes, a Poké Ball materialized, its surface colors slightly darker than usual, as if the very capsule itself had been corrupted. With a flash of white, the ball opened, its contents emerging and forming into the shape of a three-headed dragon.

A Hydreigon. One that, like Envy, became surrounded by a green aura.

"Let's start with something simple, shall we?" The girl opened her eyes. "Hydreigon, use Tri Attack."

The Dark-Type roared, opening her three mouths and pulling forth energy, each forming into a different colored sphere--one red, one blue, and one yellow. Moving her heads back, and then throwing them forward, the Hydreigon launched her attack at Van's, the orbs circling one another as they approached their target.

"I should warn you," Envy called to Van. "I have six Pokémon at my disposal. However, for fairness' sake I'll use only as many as you have, whatever that number happens to be."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png