Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Ryan

"Sure thing," Ryan nodded to Kyle. He followed the others out into the hallway that led to the rest of the Alamo. "You have a good point," he told Jupiter as they walked. "And Evan, did you say that this thing was... familiar? What's that supposed to mean? Is it something we've faced before?" He wished that Palkia's Envoy would stop being so vague about what they were up against.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC - Justin Iredsi, Route 202, Sinnoh

Darkon fell as the Squritle's tail slammed against his legs. The heavy shell fell onto the Pawniard, pinning him against the ground. "Iron Head, while it's near!" Justin commanded. He knew it wouldn't do too much damage, though. I could switch to Sparks, Justin thought. Heh... I could.

IC: Jake

Jake smirked. "Keep spinning and bat his head away with another Aqua Tail!" Squirtle did just that, resulting in a stalemate that threw both Pokemon apart. Squirtle popped out of his shell and skidded to a stop, panting slightly while narrowing his eyes at his opponent, as if to say, "how dare you be better than me?"

"Time to try this out. Squirtle, combination Rapid Spin and Water Gun!" With an affirmative nod, Squirtle withdrew into his shell and started spinning rapidly, then shot streams of water out of whichever hole was behind him at the time, propelling him forward while still spinning, sending him rocketing towards the charging Pawniard.

IC: Arius

This just got interesting, Arius thought as he swat the Squirtle fly straight at the Pawinard using... well, a very strange technique. It looked like it might do something. Though it wasn't too helpful for Arius, since he didn't have a Squirtle nor anything that could learn those two moves.

Just a sword and a very disturbing psychic cat.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

-==IC: Zach==-

After a little while more of walking, the group reached Mauville City, and Zach nodded. "If the Pokegear is right, we don't have much farther, just a little ways west to Verdanturf, and then not far to Rustburo, and the destination is right outside the south end of that."

Edited by An/A Blade

"So I guess you don't know much more than we do," Ryan frowned. "Well, if no one else wants it, I'd like to borrow that Power Anklet for my Mareep. What do you say to a little one-on-one training battle?"

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: Ack, school busy amongst other things, but here is a post to help make up for absences.

IC: James was confident in Lancelot's abilities to take down the Breloom, and fairly confident that he would still have excess strength to take down his other number as well, or at least weaken him to the point that he could finish him off. Unless of course, these suits were too much of a success to the point that even James would prefer progress to slow until his Pokemon were strong enough to serve as his countermeasure. Regardless, he was going to play this battle cautiously, if for no other reason than to reduce injury to himself.

A display appeared in a corner of James' field of vision which showed to him a list of moves that he was able to perform.

Perfect, he thought as his eyes spotted one.

“Lancelot Swords Dance,” the armored Execuitve said.

As the Scizor was doing his preparatory dance, a field of Safeguard enveloped the two combatants.

Up above the battle ground, the door opened as five Pokemon waltzed through the door (well really one walked in a way that could be described as like a waltz, the others just ambled in their own way). They were curious to see how their master would fare in a battle.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Evan Tierra, The Alamo

"Sure, you can borrow it.", Evan said, smiling, "As for the battle request, let's go for it. I can't say I'll hold back though, you know?"

Evan couldn't help wondering why the voice in his mind sounded so familiar. Furthermore, how did it know what happened to Seth?

"I wouldn't expect any less from you," Ryan grinned. "Come on out, Ampere!"

With a burst of light, the small Mareep emerged from her Pokeball.

"Here, this is a training anklet," Ryan said, taking the blue band from Evan's hand and placing it around one of Ampere's legs. "It'll slow you down for now, but it's supposed to help build up your speed." Ampere baaed in response, slightly annoyed at the cumbersome anklet. "This isn't exactly the best place for a battle," Ryan frowned, looking around at the hallway they were in. "I know there's some training battlefields around here somewhere... there's also several that are outside."

"Alright, then," Ryan nodded, taking the nearest side exit. A small path led down the hill to a dirt battlefield overlooking the ocean. "Well, you already know what Pokemon I'm going to use," Ryan said as he took a position at one end of the field. Ampere's wool crackled with electricity as she readied herself for the battle.

"Right," Ryan sweatdropped. He had forgotten that Evan specialized in Ground-Type Pokemon. Maybe he wasn't the best opponent for Ampere to face. But there was no backing down now.

"Alright, Ampere, let's start off with Iron Tail!"

The Mareep hopped over to Vlad, struggling against the weight of the Power Anklet. As she neared the Gliscor, her tail started to glow brightly.

IC - Kyle Eston/Jupiter - R&D Hall: The air in the hallway was at least somewhat clearer than that in the lab. Kyle closed his eyes appreciatively as they emerged into it, rubbing a palm against his right temple to ease the headache he was beginning to develop. The trembling and unconscious clenching of his hand (nervous tendencies that had developed over the course of their experience in Unova and against the Darkrai) were, for the most part, the only significant clues to suggest he was troubled by the idea of fighting another ungodly powerful creature. Truly, he did not know which was worse: The fact that this thing was supposedly more powerful than the dark copy Evan had created of himself, or that Evan had absolutely no idea what this new, "familiar" thing was. What about the Ancients? Where did they rank in comparison? Surely, it couldn't be stronger than them, right? That, at least, was somewhat of a comfort--barely.

Though only paying half of his attention to Ryan and Evan's conversation, he got the gist of what they were discussing--a battle--and moments later watched them walk away, towards an exit. Kyle looked at the Mareep trailing Ryan and frowned, questioning the wisdom in a practice battle against someone whose entire team consisted of fully-evolved Ground-Types, when the intent was to train a first-stage Electric-Type. Beyond that, he found a part of himself sizzling slightly in exasperation. The Hero of Space was the only one among them who had any inkling of what had affected him. If this new threat was already growing, then the last thing he should have been concerned about was helping Ryan--that was a task that someone else could have handled. Now, it seemed, they would have to wait until their battle was finished to do anything about it. And that was without worrying about the girl who had attacked Jupiter, of whom nothing else had been heard, who could have been an isolated threat, or who could not have been...

The headache had continued to grow, to the point where it felt as if his head was splitting in half. That, surely, was nothing short of detrimental to his mood.

Deep breaths... Kyle told himself. Stress is not going to help out here... Bitterly, he added, And we already know how well in-fighting helps everyone... He inhaled deeply, looking at Jenny and Jupiter. "So, they're doing that," he said. Addressing Jupiter, "Weren't you supposed to talk to both Team Rocket and Team Liberty about what attacked you?"

"That was the plan," the Galactic Admin said, glancing toward the exit that Evan and Ryan had taken. "At this rate, I'm going to be stuck here for a while, since Tierra has my transport. You would think we have all the time in the world..."

"No comment," Kyle said. "I have an idea." He opened the messaging system on his Pokétch, sending a note to Sonja and Ray. Without looking up, he said, "Jenny, if Ray and I bring Jupiter to talk to Sleight, would you be willing to wait here for Sonja and then explain to Ryan and Evan where we went? Then we can meet up again wherever Evan thinks this new monster is hiding."

IC - Sonja Baron - Alamo: Hurry to R&D? Sonja frowned, glancing at Ray as he received the same message. Did something happen? Concerned by the brevity of the request, she quickened her pace.

IC - Jackson Sang - Driftveil City: A flash of movement announced their arrival. Jackson Sang stumbled on landing, surprised by the sudden shift in scenery, despite expecting it. An Abra sat by his side, resting against his shin. The freelancer nudged it with his foot; immediately, the Psychic-Type's form dissolved into a pink blob, which immediately morphed into the form of a younger boy with dirty-blond hair and green eyes. Sang hardly noticed this, instead focusing on the surroundings. After a few moments, he cocked his head to the side, raising a palm to his face.

"Trace," he said simply. "When I said, 'Bring us to that place with the dream machines,' I was referring to... you know... that place that had machines. That accessed your dreams. Not the middle of a park."

"Yeah... I probably should've mentioned that I couldn't remember where we saw those things," the Ditto replied in the voice of a teen. He glanced at the sleeping forms of the boy he had copied and a Sceptile. "But, I mean, there are machines nearby, and these two are probably dreaming, so... close enough?"

Sang sighed, dropping his hand to his side and glaring at his Pokémon. "You really are daft, aren't you?" he said flatly, glaring at Tracer. His eyebrow slowly lifted, eyes narrowing. "... Is there a reason you chose that form?" Tracer shrugged, glancing at the boy again. Sang's eyes followed his gaze with a clear sign of annoyance. "Okay. Change. You're creeping me out..." While Tracer did as ordered, Sang approached the sleeping trainer, nudging him with his foot. "Hey, kid. Mind telling me where I am?"

IC - Meghan Vert/Officer Ross - R&D Department: Vert spared a brief moment to glance at the Pokémon that had arrived, though quickly shifted her attention back to the battle. While it was odd to see such a group moving about freely, their curiosity and overall focus on the battle below suggested that they belonged to James.

In short, it was inconsequential, particularly as the battle was just beginning. Vert watched with hungry eyes at she saw the colored lines across the two Power Suits glow softly, signaling the start of their true use...

Officer Ross eyed James and Lancelot curiously, having expected a more active first move. Still, this course suited him well enough. Like James, he was not particularly experienced with this Power Suit--he had become more accustomed to using the Fire Suit, if truth be told--and so needed a moment to gather his bearings and figure out what could be done with this one. Nevertheless, his Breloom was raring to go, unhindered by unfamiliar gear.

"Breloom, use Double Team, and then Sky Uppercut," Ross ordered. The Mushroom Pokémon nodded, charging forward. As it ran, the Grass-Fighting-Type suddenly split into four--one of them real, three of them mere illusions. They crisscrossed toward Lancelot and James, attempting to confuse them, before leaping toward the Scizor, all aiming to land an attack on him.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Ah sorry, missed your last post. >.<

IC - Justin Iredsi, Route 202, Sinnoh

"Iron Head!" Justin commanded. Darkon brought up his arms to shield his face and lowered his head, strengthening his horn with Iron Head. The oncoming Squirtle rushed straight-on, but the impact was enough to stun the Pawniard and he fell to the ground.

"Tsk," Justin said. "Good enough. Darkon, return." Justin recalled his Pawniard and threw a second Pokeball onto the field. A Munna emerged from the white light. "Sorry about this, I know you're not too keen on battles," Justin said.

IC: Evan Tierra, Battlefield

"Dodge with Acrobatics, Vlad!", Evan shouted, "Then follow up with an Earthquake!"

The Gliscor nodded and deftly dodged the incoming Iron Tail, performing a backflip as he did so. He then swooped down towards the ground and bounced off of it with his tail, causing a shockwave of earth to head for the Mareep.....

OOC: Right

IC: Ratchet Gordon (Driftveil City)

Ratchet was rudely awoken from his snooze by a sudden tap to his thigh. But rather than twitching, he lazily opened his eyes and squinted up at whomever had woken him up.

A young man, almost a boy like himself, was looming over him with an unassuming expression, mostly hidden behind his black trenchcoat and purple hair. Ratchet lightly touched the tip of his cap to greet the stranger, and then proceeded to answer his question.

"Not at all. You're in Driftveil City, right across the street from the Driftveil Drawbridge. He pointed in said direction, before jerking his thumb the other way.

"The pokémon center's that way, if that's what you're looking for"

Ratchet finished by cracking a small smile

"And that's about it as far as I'm concerned. Name's Ratchet Gordon, and that up there is Forrest"

"Nice to meet a friendly adult for once" he remarked.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Ampere, watch out!" The words were barely out of Ryan's mouth when the tremor struck Ampere, tossing the electric sheep across the field like a rag doll.

"Reep..." Ampere groaned weakly as she picked herself up off the ground. Vlad's attack had done some major damage, but the Mareep wasn't out of the fight just yet.

"Okay, we need to change up our strategy a bit," Ryan grimaced. "Confuse Ray, then follow up with Take Down!"

The tip of Ampere's tail glowed as a handful of bright orbs floated toward Vlad, surrounding the Gliscor and aiming to confuse him. Ampere wasn't far behind the orbs, ready to charge into her opponent.

Vlad looked at the orbs and suddenly his mind felt scattered. He honestly did not know what to do. He was then struck by the Mareep's Take Down.

"Vlad, you're not looking soo good...", Evan said to his Gliscor, as he pointed to the sky, "Maybe you should go clear your head up there with a little Tailwind!"

Still feeling a little groggy from both the Take Down and the confusion, Vlad soared up into the sky shakily and started whirling about, created a windstorm. Evan's eyes were on Vlad, waiting for the moment Vlad would hurt himself from his confusion.

"Now swoop down and use Ice Fang!", Evan said, "Show Ryan what you have learned since we vanquished the Darkrai!"

Vlad suddenly zoomed towards the Mareep, fangs glistening with ice. His speed was sgtaggering due to the wind behind him. Which made it all the more painful, when Vlad hit the ground instead of the Mareep.......

IC - Jackson Sang - Driftveil City: "Sang and Trace," the freelancer replied dismissively, putting a hand to his chin as he looked in both directions that Ratchet had indicated. By now, Tracer--having adopted a palette-swapped version of Sang as his appearance, with hunter green hair and eyes as well as a white trench coat--had reappeared at his trainer's side, the human-shaped Ditto smirking at Jackson's perplexed expression.

"Hm... So, this is a lot farther away from where we wanted to go than I had initially thought..." Sang sighed, looking back at Ratchet. "I don't suppose you know where we might find a professor something-or-other in Unova? Famous for her dream machines or something like that?"

IC - Gavin Braner - Abyss, Pokémon Center: Abyss' Pokémon Center was all but empty when Gavin arrived. The receptionist was not present at the counter, and instead lounged in an employee-only room behind the reception area. Another Rocket Agent stood at one of several transfer consoles on the right side of the room, deliberating over which Pokémon to transfer out of and into his team. Gavin ignored all of this, going instead up a nearby stairwell and into a circular room. Stationed around this section of the Pokémon Center were several elaborate machines, designed to "officially" transfer ownership of Pokémon between different trainers.

As he approached the nearest one, bouncing a Poké Ball in his hand with each step, Gavin considered whether or not he really wanted to use it. Kadabra, he knew, were capable of evolving via exposure to the strange energy that the Trading Machines emitted during a transfer. As such, it was possible for him to stage a trade and use the machine to induce an evolution. The side-effects of this system had been found to be minimal, if not nonexistent--it wouldn't hurt Talsim one way or another if he decided to use it. Still, the idea had never sat well with him... but if they were facing stronger threats again, like Wrath...

Do not worry, Talsim telepathically told him. I am ready for this.

Gavin glanced down at the Poké Ball. After a moment, he nodded, carefully placing the container into the machine, along with Dothe's. Activating it, he watched as the two Poké Balls were pulled into the machine, swapped places and ejected back into the opposite trays. Talsim's glowed with pinkish-white light as Gavin moved to pick it up...

The newly-evolved, bipedal Psychic-Type walked alongside Gavin as they left the Pokémon Center, maneuvering through the halls in search of one of Abyss' side-exits. It did not take long to find one. Passing through the doorway, they emerged onto a rocky hill that led to an area above the Dragon's Den. Having never spent much time in Abyss, or in the area around the base, this surprised Gavin at first, though on further consideration, he realized that a tunnel from the Rocket main base to this area was actually a fairly useful tool. After all, from what he had heard about the Dragon's Den, one could easily strengthen their team by coming here. It was certainly a welcome change in plans, given that his only other options for training were whatever Water-Types happened to inhabit the Lake of Rage and the miscellaneous Pokémon in the surrounding forest.

That, and there were bound to be some powerful Pokémon to consider capturing.

The two scoured the area for some time, the setting sun casting a dull, reddish light over the rocks and dirt paths. Activity was relatively low: Save for a number of Zubat, and their accompanying evolutions, that were beginning to awaken for the coming night, few Pokémon stirred, and none of them were of a type that Gavin was interested in acquiring. Strange, considering that Ghosts- and Dark-Types, in particular, tended to be nocturnal.

The Rocket agent sighed, seriously reconsidering his earlier evaluation of the area. Got any ideas, Tal?

The Alakazam picked up on the thought, shaking his head. Perhaps it would be best to move elsewhere? the Psychic-Type suggested. There are a number of Psychic-Types in the forest south of the lake. Unless you are willing to settle for a new type for once, I get the impression that we will be hard-pressed to locate anything of interest here.

Hm... Gavin frowned, opening his Poké Gear. He opened up the Rocket database, searching through it for a list of Pokémon known to inhabit the Dragon's Den and the area surrounding it. Of particular interest to him was the reported--though rare--sighting of Deino, a Dragon-Dark-Type Pokémon that had originated in Unova and moved to this area in recent years. Other Pokémon of personal interest included Natu, Girafarig, Vullaby, Carvahna, and Murkrow.

"Alright, well, let's stick around for a little while longer," Gavin said after a moment, pocketing the device. "If we're lucky, we might find something. Otherwise, we'll check elsewhere." Talsim nodded. Turning ahead, Gavin took another step forward, and then stopped again, an idea coming to mind. Grabbing Kora's Poké Ball from his belt, he tossed it into the air, releasing the Poochyena onto the path. The Dark-Type barked, staring up at her trainer affectionately. "Kora, see if you can't sniff out any other Dark-Types around here."

Growling in affirmation, they moved on.

Kora stopped in front of a small cave. It was pitch black, too dark for Gavin to see more than a foot or so inside. Nonetheless, Kora's steady growling and focused gaze indicated that she had found something. Gavin stepped back, reaching into his bag for something that could be used to draw out the Pokémon; however, Kora, with a bark of excitement, took off, charging into the dark cave before her trainer could react.

"Kora!" Gavin yelled, moving forward. He had barely taken two steps before he heard an angry caw, followed by a yelp of pain and the scurrying of clawed feet against stone. The Poochyena reemerged, skidding to a stop several yards from the cave entrance and turning to face her attacker. Moments later, a round bird Pokémon appeared, adorned with bone-line decorations. From his earlier search on the Poké Gear, Gavin knew this to be a Vullaby--one that appeared quite irritated at having been disturbed, as well as injured, judging from a wound on its wing.

Perfect. "Good job, Kora," Gavin said to his Pokémon. "You wanna take her on?" The hound barked in challenge, glaring down the Flying-Type. Gavin nodded. "All right. Let's start off with Ice Fang."

The Poochyena did not hesitate, immediately charging forward. Her breath turned frosty with the movements of her feet, teeth glinting like ice as she leaped at the Vullaby. Kora managed to catch the Flying-Type's wing in her jaw, creating a thin coat of ice around her feathers. The Vullaby cawed, spinning around, and sent a sharp gust of air at Kora's side--an Air Slash attack, which managed to dislodge her assailant. Kora was knocked back, staggering to her feet, though still proud of her own successful attack.

"You alright, Kor?" Gavin asked. The Poochyena nodded. "Good! Use Howl, and then Ice Fang again!"

Kora lifted her head, letting a slow, wolf-like howl sound from her chest. The noise invigorated her, temporarily raising her attack power. She prepared to attack with Ice Fang again, though had to dodge out of the way as the Vullaby swept her wings again, launching another series of Air Slashes at the Poochyena. The Flying-Type's movements were much quicker now than they had been before, much to Gavin's curiosity. He made a mental note to look into this if he managed to catch her.

Having avoided injury, Kora ran toward the Diapered Pokémon, baring her teeth again. The enemy Vullaby prepared to dodge out of the way, kicking off from where she stood and barely missing Kora's lunge. The Poochyena was not deterred. As soon as her feet touched ground again, she turned, pressing off in the direction of the Vullaby. They fell into a tangled roll, both landing with notable force against the ground. When at last they came to a stop, both Dark-Types were on the verge of fainting--both from damage and from dizziness.

Gavin quickly recalled Kora to her Poké Ball. In the same motion, he hurled a Dusk Ball at the Vullaby, watching intently as the Flying-Type was pulled into the container. It shook several times, center light blinking with each movement, before coming to a standstill with a final ding. Gavin approached the ball, picking it up carefully and spinning it in his palm, turning to Talsim.

Mission accomplished? he asked. The Alakazam smiled. Let's get back to Abyss, shall we?

OOC:

65.pngSpecies: Alakazam.Nickname: Talsim.Trainer: Gavin Braner.Appearance: A normal looking Alakazam, characterized by his scarlet aura.Personality: Talsim's final evolution has greatly enhanced his mental capabilities, pushing them even further than they were before. Retaining his calm demeanor, Talsim continues to perfect his tactical abilities, acting as an assistant in directing Gavin's other Pokémon and--when needed--demonstrating his own battle prowess. His psychic powers grant Talsim a certain degree of omniscience in regards to what is occurring in a certain range around him.Ability: Magic Guard.Specialty: Talsim's greatest strengths lie in Special Attacks and Special Defense, as well as in Speed--two assets that are greatly enhanced, in turn, by his shockingly accurate and finely-tuned Teleport attack. Though still lacking in physical attacks and defense, Talsim more than makes up for it in his proficiency with his other skills.Known Moves: Teleport, Psychic, Thunder Wave, Recover, Disable, Psybeam.

Thunder Punch upgraded to Thunder Wave.
Confusion upgraded to Psybeam.

629.pngSpecies: Vullaby.Nickname: Vel.Trainer: Gavin Braner.Appearance: Standard Vullaby.Personality: Vel is, for the most part, a calm Pokémon--unless she is injured or otherwise severely stressed, she is capable of maintaining an impressive cool about herself in the face of troubling circumstances. Noticeably patient and clever, her general personality is one of technician versus performance--she prefers to wait out problems and use situations to her advantage, as opposed to getting directly involved and attempting to speed up the process of whatever is occurring.Ability: Weak Armor.Specialty: Vel's specialties lie in her defensive abilities. Those, coupled with her support capabilities and fairly impressive speed, generally allow her to outlast her opponents, causing them to wear themselves down with minimal effort on Vel's part. Known Moves: Flatter, Defog, Tailwind, Feint Attack, Air Slash, Scary Face (EM.)

+1 EXP for Vel (1)
+1 EXP for Kora (3)

IC - Ethan Worth - Lake of Rage: It was a glorious night in the forest surrounding the Lake of Rage. The moon shined brightly in the sky, illuminating the small clearing in its brilliance. The surface of the lake, too, glistened with white, the reflection easily visible from where Ethan Worth and his team had gathered. The Rocket Agent sat, hunched over, on an old tree stump, an earpiece of his sunglasses between his lips, and rolling a glistening, pale green Leaf Stone between his fingertips as he stared at the Poké Ball sitting on the ground in front of him. Céris, his Scizor, stood with his arms crossed, leaning against a tree nearby. A Grotle, Kada, and a Deerling, Serena, also stood at attention on Ethan's left. All eyes were focused on the Poké Ball, all apprehensive.

Ethan sighed, pulling his sunglasses away from his mouth and placing them on his head. He gave a tired look to Céris. "Okay," he said. "We ready for this, or what?" The Scizor shrugged. Ethan frowned, shaking his head. "You could at least pretend to be interested, you know... Whatever." Standing up, he took a step toward the Poké Ball. He raised a tentative hand, reaching forward, and then stopped. Ethan looked squarely at his Scizor. "If Suya goes psycho, be sure to step in and, like... do the thing. Kay?" Céris nodded.

Reassured, Ethan picked up the Poké Ball, spinning it around and holding it out. "Come on out, Suya!" 

The ensuing events were somewhat of a blur to Ethan. In retrospect, it appeared that Suya had emerged from his Poké Ball, noticed the Leaf Stone in Ethan's hand, and immediately attacked him in an attempt to grab and use it.

The Weepinbell was successful.

Struck in the chest by a swift Vine Whip, Ethan was knocked off his feet, winded, and fell to the ground. From his position, he saw the Grass-Poison-Type take hold of the Leaf Stone, gripping it tightly in his extended vines. The Flycatcher Pokémon's body glowed a bright green color, virtually flipping over as his arm leaves grew bigger and a larger leaf-and-vine appeared over his now-fanged mouth. Before long, the glow faded, leaving Suya to look at what he could see of his new body. Ethan had righted himself by now, and shot an urgent look at Céris, prepared to call the Scizor in for an attack, as he fully expected the newly-evolved Victreebel to go after him again.

To his surprise, Suya did not. Instead, he danced happily where he stood, seeming entirely enamored with his new form, and screeched what sounded like an attempted song in joy. More shocking was what followed: Suya pulled Ethan in for a hug, catching the Rocket agent off guard.

OOC:

71.png
Species: Victreebel.
Nickname: Suya.
Trainer: Ethan Worth.
Appearance: Suya looks like a typical Victreebel, albeit with much larger arm-leaves.
Personality: Suya's most defining trait is his ferocity and meanness. The closest in-game word to describe his personality would likely be sassy. Suya has an incredibly difficult time respecting authority, routinely ignoring commands from Ethan and even attacking his trainer on occasion, as well as his own teammates. His evolution into a Victreebel has only added a degree of control to the vicious berserker, in some ways lessening the danger he poses, and in other ways heightening it.
Ability: Chlorophyll.
Specialty: Suya's main focus is on attacking, both in the physical and the special sense. His high power along with his near-perpetual rage create an incredibly dangerous foe in combat, mitigated somewhat by his relative lack of speed. Due in part to his two evolutions, as well as his sheer dislike of Ethan, Suya also bears respectable defenses, allowing him to somewhat shrug off certain Fire attacks.

Known Moves: Power Whip, Return, Stun Spore, Poison Powder, Gastro Acid, Venoshock.

Vine Whip upgraded to Power Whip.
Wring Out upgraded to Return.
Acid upgraded to Venoshock.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Ryan didn't even have time to shout a warning as Vlad came barreling down toward Ampere. The Gliscor was too fast, and with the Power Anklet he knew there was no way Ampere would be able to dodge out of the way. As it turned out, she didn't have to. Vlad crashed headfirst into the ground a few feet in front of Ampere, kicking up a cloud of dirt.

"Wow, the Confuse Ray actually worked," Ryan said in surprise. He stared at the dust cloud for several seconds in disbelief before realizing that the Gliscor was probably stunned, which provided an opening to attack. "Now, Ampere, follow up with an Iron Tail!"

As the dust was settling, Ampere leapt into the fray, swinging her glowing tail behind her in hopes of striking Vlad while he was still in a daze.

"Oh no! Squirtle, close your eyes!" It was too late though. Squirtle had been completely focused on Munna, and Hypnosis worked like a charm, with Squirtle falling asleep. "Squirtle, return!" Jake said while a red beam of light enveloped Squirtle as he was returned to his Pokeball. "Charmeleon, show them your power!" With a roar, Charmeleon took the field, unleashing a powerful Flamethrower immediately at the floating Munna.

IC - Justin Iredsi, Route 202, SinnohJustin cursed as Plush got doused in flames. "Let's keep you for the Squirtle," Justin said, recalling the Munna back into her Pokeball. He threw another Pokeball out, and a Swampert emerged. "Heh. Sorry kid," Justin chuckled."Clay," Justin called to his Swampert. "Scout."

Of course he has a Swampert... well I'll just have to switch. "Charmeleon, switch out with Pikachu!" Charmeleon backed off, and Pikachu took the field, sparks crackling from his cheeks. "You may have a type advantage, but I have strategies specifically to deal with ground types!" He called across the field to Justin. "Pikachu, Agility, run circles around him, and at the same time use Iron Tail and drag it on the ground!" Pikachu practically dissapeared, and all that could be seen was a yellow blur running a ten foot circle around Swampert. When he started dragging his tail, a huge dust cloud kicked up around Swampert.

IC: James scrolled through the large list of moves displayed over his face, as the Breloom dashed before him. He knew there had to be a normal type move that could see through the illusion that the Grass-Fighting Type created. He knew there was one, but he couldn't think of the name of it to save the life of him.

Ignore that last sentiment.

Haze, wrong type. Lock-On, not enough time to let it configure...

The name of the move he needed was at the tip of his tongue, he knew what the move was for...

Foresight! he realized bringing the aforementioned move to the forefront of his face.

Lancelot at the moment was worried. If he knew which to attack, he was certain he could land a blow on it, of course which is the problem. James still hadn't given and order and he tried to decide if he should take the blow and use Counter or try and dodge with Bullet Punch.

“Aerial Ace on the mid-right!”

Without pausing to consider anything, the Scizor gathered what wind he could in his right arm and thrust it low towards the rising the Breloom.

OOC: I'll let you decide Pears how that little encounter ends up.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC - Justin Iredsi, Route 202, Sinnoh"Not bad," Justin said. "But you'll need to do better than that! Clay, end scout and Earthquake."The Swampert couldn't see his trainer, but he heard Justin just fine. He lowered his Protect and put his hands to the ground, sending shockwaves through the earth, destroying the area around him.

Exactly as planned Pikachu should be in position.... now. Unbeknownst to Justin, Pikachu had been waiting for this command and jumped onto Swampert's head and used it as a springboard to jump high into the air. Jake grinned as he saw his yellow friend rising backwards out of the cloud. "Now, Electroball on the ground beneath his feet!" Pikachu quickly charged the ball of electricity on his tail and did a frontflip, launching the ball into the ground beneath Swampert, which had already been destabilized due to Earthquake. Jake grinned as the dust began to clear, eager to see the outcome of his little stunt.

Vlad was struck hard by the Iron Tail, being back at Evan''s feet. The Gliscor smiled at the sight of his master, before closing his eyes and sleeping again.

"Well, that was unexpected!", Evan said, grinning as he returned Vlad to his poke ball, "Are you up for another round? I wanna see if you've improved since Sinjoh Ruins!"

Evan then sent out Behemoth, his Mamoswine, as he awaited Ryan's answer......

"Great job, Ampere!" Ryan grinned, surprised they had actually managed to win against a Ground-Type Pokemon.

Both Ryan and Ampere looked up at the gargantuan Mamoswine. Ryan wasn't sure his Mareep had enough energy to battle yet another Ground-Type. Not to mention, shouldn't they be working with the others to come up with a plan for this new threat Evan had sensed? As he recalled Ampere, he glanced over at the path they had taken from the Alamo. He didn't see Kyle, Jenny, or Jupiter. They must have gone on without them.

As his hand moved to replace Ampere's Pokeball on his belt, he grabbed Dewott's ball, sending the Discipline Pokemon out onto the battlefield. "I guess one more battle wouldn't hurt," he shrugged. "Alright Dewott, Swords Dance!"

Dewott kept her eyes on Behemoth as she grabbed her scalchops and tossed them back and forth, striking a dynamic pose much like she had seen Evan's Pokemon do before.

OOC: Oh. Wait, this was my post, wasn't it. >_>''

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray frowned, as he read the message, and looked over at Sonja, just as she looked over at him, obviously both worried about what this meant, and he picked up his pace, not enough to leave Sonja behind, but enough to get there quicker; as the two arrived in the lab not long after.

Edited by An/A Blade

"Ice Shard, then a Superpower!", Evan shouted at his Behemoth, "That Tailwind of Vlad's should speed you along!"

Flash freezing the moisture in the air around it with a grunt, the Mamoswine fired a barrage of chunks at the Dewott. After firing them, it started to charge towards her, his body glowing red as he did so........

"Razor Shell!" Ryan cried.

Dewott dodged around the Ice Shards, but had no time to react as the Mamoswine came barrelling toward her. Even as Behemoth slammed into her, Dewott reached out with her scalchops to slash at the mammoth's thick fur. Then the Superpower attack sent Dewott flying across the battlefield. She picked herself up, looking to see what her attack had done.

IC - Jackson Sang - Driftveil Town: "Mmm, not the person I'm looking for," Sang said, sighing. "Hm..." He rubbed his head, looking around in thought. "Actually, maybe she could tell me where to find this other lady--from what I know, Pokémon Profs tend to keep in contact with one another, after all..." He shrugged. "Alright, well, thanks for the directions. Trace, let's get going."

Lazily waving good-bye to Ratchet, the freelancer began walking toward the nearest park exit, a red beam shooting from under his arm and recalling his Ditto into its Poké Ball.

IC - Meghan Vert/Officer Ross - R&D Testing Area: Every movement elicited a short reaction from Vert. Her hands moved rapidly and accurately across her tablet's keyboard despite the intense focus with which she watched the battle. Already, she had taken a full page of notes on the choices that James and Ross had made--their selected Pokémon, their behavior in the face of a human opponent, move selection, responses to the current suit conditions...

The Breloom dissipated into nothing as Lancelot's attack landed, the illusion breaking as soon as he made contact. While he had not struck the correct target, he had still managed to avoid being hit himself--the remaining Breloom converged on the spot he had previously stood in, two vanishing as the real Breloom passed through them. The Grass-Fighting-Type appeared confused by the miss, but quickly regained its composure and retreated back toward its trainer.

Ross nodded at his Pokémon, silently signaling for it to await an order while he pored over his own list of moves. He stared curiously at "Fly." After a few seconds of contemplating this, a blue icon on his HUD blinked. The next moment, a whirring motion sounded, and his suit rumbled as several surface plates slid upwards, revealing a number of small jets. They activated, and the guard found himself rapidly lifting into the air. Surprised, Ross lost his balance, accidentally propelling himself against the wall. He managed to grab hold of a section of railing, which he used to steady himself.

"Breloom, keep on doing what you do," he called. "This is just a minor technical difficult--!" A jet on the back of his left boot activated, flipping him over momentarily and cutting him off.

The Breloom nodded. It turned back to Lancelot and James, peering at them with Mind Reader. Once it had ensured that it could land a hit, it ran forward again, this time launching a Seed Bomb attack at its opponents.

Conclusive facts identifiable at this point in time? Few in number. Clear learning curve, suggesting structured training regimen is required. Aside from that, suit pilots appear troubled at prospect of facing real opponents. This will require further investigation.

Vert frowned, halting for a moment.

It's still not enough information... I need more...

IC - Sonja Baron/Kyle Eston/Jupiter - R&D Hall: The rapid thunder of footsteps announced Ray and Sonja's arrival in the hall. Kyle looked up at them from his Pokétch, nodding in greeting. "How'd it go?"

"Not bad," Sonja said. "Just got done with a training battle. What's going on?"

The Liberty Agent glanced at Jenny and Jupiter, before explaining what had happened with Evan and what the Plasma Agent had told them. When he had finished, he gestured down the side-hall that Ryan and Evan had taken. "So, Evan and Ryan are training now--"

"Could've waited on that," Jupiter muttered. Kyle ignored her.

"--and it's kind of important that Jupiter gets done with what she needs to get done--namely, telling Sleight about what's going on with Team Plasma's attacker, since that's kind of big," he finished. "So, I think it might be a good idea to split up and cover more ground. You, Jupiter, and I," he addressed Ryan. "can try to speak to Sleight and let him know what's going on. You're with Team Rocket, so you can probably get access to their base, and having a Team Liberty member with you could be like a sort of friendly gesture from Team Liberty to help keep the peace. We can let them know what's going on and then meet up again wherever Evan thinks this thing is hiding. It works out for everyone and it doesn't waste time." Kyle looked at the others, searching for any nonverbal responses. "What do you think?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png