Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

-==IC: Lucia==-"Looks like it..." Lucia said with a slight frown."It didn't go any of the way we expected it to... But yes, we did pull that mission off." Lucia said with a sigh."And we also managed to help stop an ancient evil; or at least delay it." Lucia said, recalling what the Mewtwo clone had said about the other mission.-==IC: Zach==-The attack from Kovian managed to confuse the Hydreigon, however, Hugh nodded, and the Hydreigon called down a second Draco Meteor attack, aiming to strike as much of the area as he could; even including the area around him and Hugh in the radius, partly because he was confused. Zach frowned, as he realized what was going on."Katie, Night Daze on the meteors; try to include the Hydreigon in the blast, too, if you can." Zach called out, as the Zoroark blasted a few of the meteors out of the sky, but not enough to stop the attack in general, and Katie was injured slightly by the attack, but not enough to be knocked out of the fight just yet.

IC - Eric and Pierce, Olivine City, JohtoSnorunt instinctively used Protect, then ran back towards Pierce and Dusknoir. "It'd be a shame if something happened to that darn thing," Eric said. "Aqua, Brine." The Kingdra nodded and began forcing water from the ground, pressurizing it to shoot up.OOC: I'm actually not sure. '-' But oh, I did forget about the Toxic Spikes. I had a plan to get rid of them and everything. D':IC - Zac Flash, PNT, UnovaZac's eyes widened as he remembered that the field was heavily decorated by a layer of Toxic Spikes. And now there was another one. And Kongo was headed straight for them. "Rollout!" he called, hoping that it would protect Kongo somewhat. The Darmanitan quickly curled up into a ball and fell to the ground, and began rolling towards the Tentacool. There were Spikes sticking to his body, but Zac couldn't tell if his plan had actually worked.

IC: Dack
"Dodge it!" Dack cried. The Swellow twisted in midair, fighting against the Whirlwind, and managed to avoid most of the Heat Wave. However, his right wing got caught in the attack. "Double Team." Swellow flew around the Volcarona at an astonishing speed as multiple copies of the bird Pokemon began to appear.

IC: Ryan/Ellen
Ellen was at a loss for words. "But... no -- Daddy would never--" she stammered.

"If this guy is in cahoots with Ford," Ryan frowned, "I don't think it's very smart to spend the night in his house. For all we know he could try and murder us in our sleep or something."

"No! Daddy wouldn't do that!" Ellen cried, shaking her head. "He doesn't even know you're with Team Liberty."

"I guess you're right," Ryan sighed. "But still... I'd like to get out of here ASAP. Not long ago, Alex and I got captured by the Hojohsin League in Lilycove. I don't want to have to go through that again."

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: Between the Hurricane and the Heat wave, the latter super effective, Riolu probably couldn't have taken two already powerful hits, I doubt even a Lucario could.IC Kaito"Dodge it!" Ka flew a few feet off the ground, letting Riolu slide right underneath him.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

OOC Riolu isn't a steel type. Only the Hurricane would have been super effective.IC VincentLulu's momentum carried her too far, and missing her target, she slammed into a rock where she abruptly passed out. "Ugh," I grimaced. "Looks like I'll have to call my next pokemon out," I said tapping the head of my staff.Nothing happened.I tapped it again.Nothing. *Vincent clears his throat*Nothing."Okay then, looks like I'-WHOA!!!""Hahaha!" I heard as Mikaruge abruptly appeared from the Odd Keystone on my staff and charged forwadd with a Shadow Sneak."LET ME OFF FIRST!!!" I yelled even as the Spiritomb dragged me along.

IC - Eric and Pierce, Olivine City, Johto"Tsk," Eric said. "Crabhammer."Slush waited until the Lairon was at its closest, then struck with his claw.IC - Justin Icewater, Dream WorldClay, more than capable of fighting on his own, used Muddy Water to throw the Karrablast back. By then, Drifter had enough energy stored. "The Shelmet will be a pain later on.. Drifter, Spit Up!"Drifter floated in close, and then threw up gallons of pure energy on the Shelmet, who was close to fainting by now. It tried to use Body Slam, but the Snail Pokemon just bounced back."Sunny, help Darkon out. Extrasensory." The Nuzleaf focused energy towards the Tangela, successfully flinching it.

IC Vincent"Keep spamming it until I command you otherwise," I spoke. "Ha, what would you make me listen to YOU?" it replied mockingly and it performed a Shadow Sneak. "Grah! Why don't you ever listen to me? You're not even a traded pokemon!" Mikaruge ignored me.

Edited by Constructman

IC VincentMikaruge cried out in pain. I facepalmed in exasperation as it flew back ten feet. Then, it started to laugh. "Ha ha ha..." it cackled onimously. "You don't know what you do..." It started to chant an ancient rhyme and I realized what it was doing. "Once you are done the Curse, follow up with Pursuit!"

IC: Evan Tierra"You won't be captured.", Evan said calmly, "I don't think that Ellen's family would do that. I can feel it in my bones."A thought then struck Evan. He'd nearly forgotten about one very important person."Where's Seth?" Evan asked, his expression dead serious.

"Swellow, Agility to fight the Hurricane, then use Aerial Ace!" The large bird Pokemon tucked in his wings as he increased his speed. He flew alongside the wind currents of the hurricane, allowing him to spiral above the Volcarona, picking up speed as he did so. While the firey bug was busy dealing with Spiritomb, Swellow saw his opportunity and dove into an Aerial Ace.

"Seth?" Ryan repeated, looking around the room. "That's a good question. He was here when we first arrived in Village Bridge yesterday, but I haven't seen much of him since. How could we have forgotten him?" He noticed one of Ellen's presents sitting at the end of the coffee table, still wrapped in its packaging. Ryan walked over to the lone present and saw that it was addressed to Seth. "Hey, Ellen," he called. "Did you give this present to Seth just now, or has he really been missing this whole time?"

However, Ellen didn't answer. In fact, she barely even heard the question. All she could do was stare off into space as her mind tried to process what she had just learned. Her father -- her father, whom she had known all her life -- was somehow connected with Ford, the man who was indirectly responsible for Castelia's destruction. But her father was a nice guy... how could he agree with such a nefarious act? How could he ally himself with someone who would blow up an entire city, destroying thousands of lives, just to get a point across?

Except no one actually died in Castelia. The entire city had been evacuated before the bombs had gone off. Could her father have actually seen some good in Ford's plan? Would Castelia's destruction actually help to end the war that was going on overseas? Did that really justify the annihilation of an entire city?

Speaking of the war, did her father really know about it? Ellen herself had only recently learned of the war during her travels with Ryan and the others. If her father had known about it this whole time, why would he have kept it from her? Team Plasma did its best to keep the war secret from the people of Unova. But Ford and his agents disagreed with that philosophy. How could her father keep something like that from her? Which side was right? Were any of them?

After Castelia, Ellen had felt like her entire world had been flipped upside down. Now, it seemed more like it had been turned inside-out, thoroughly warped beyond belief.

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC Kaito"Dodge i-" The Aerial Ace slammed into Ka, defeating him. "Uh-oh..." Sizing up his options, Kaito chose his next Pokemon. "Ren! Do it!"":D", the Porygon emoticonned, popping out. Tracing Spiritomb's Pressure, Ren awaited his next command. "Lock On, then Zap Cannon on Swellow!" A targeting HUD appeared, ensuring perfect accuracy. Taking sure aim at Swellow. Ren unleashed an incredibly powerful Zap Cannon.

aouROFb.png

IC - Eric and Pierce, Olivine City, Johto"You're being troublesome," Pierce said. "Dusknoir, Will-o-wisp, stamp it on."Dusknoir rushed towards the Lairon with a Shadow Punch ready. Enclosed in his fist was a single little wisp, waiting for a host.IC - Justin Icewater, Dream World"That's good enough," Justin said. "Clay, Water Gun on the Shelmet. Drifter, Payback the Karrablast."Clay fired bullets of water at the Shelmet, successfully fainting it. The Karrablast, however, outsped Drifter, and slammed into Clay with a Megahorn. It was answered with Payback from Drifter.On the other side, the battle was fairly matched, two grass types. Sunny kept using Extrasensory, occasionally flinching the Tangela. Then, Darkon woke up. "Finally," Justin said. "Slash."The Pawniard lurched forward, cutting the Tangela and fainting it.Then all that was left was the Karrablast.

OOC: Well, you can tell that I'm back in school.... :|

Anyway, sorry about that. Also, I discovered while clearing out my PM inbox that it's amazing what kinds of plans can be approved, forgotten, and then completely dropped in the span of two years. X3 Oh, the nostalgia...

IC - Kyle Eston - Iccirus City: As the Hydreigon began to attack, Kovian rushed forward, leaping up and grabbing the dragon's tail. For a moment, Kyle could not tell what the Dewott was attempting; however, it soon became clear that the Water-Type was using Hugh's Pokémon's body as a shield against its own attack, allowing the meteors to strike the Hydreigon without doing any damage to himself. The only way that would change would be if Hydreigon fainted, fell, and landed on Kovian; however, Kyle figured that the Dewott had taken that into account, and was probably preparing to dodge in that scenario.

His hypothesis seemed to be correct: already, Kovian had grabbed one of his shells, preparing to slice at Hydreigon again once the attack ended...

IC - Sonja Baron - Burks' House: Sonja looked from one member of the group to the next, the various Team Liberty members having fallen into a troubled silence. She sighed sadly, closing her eyes and leaning back against the wall. So many strange twists... When will they end? she wondered.

"I guess it's a good thing we decided to leave tomorrow morning, then," she said quietly. Sonja looked at Ellen, who seemed to be in a trance. "I'm sorry, Ellen. You all right, kiddo?"

As if to help lighten the mood, Neptune released himself from his Pokéball, the Totodile appearing in the middle of the room in a flash of white light. Taking one look at the downcast trainers around him, he smiled happily, beginning a short dance whilst simultaneously 'singing' as only a Totodile could.

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner/Etc. - Field: "Yup, yup," Ethan answered. "Which means we can finally go home, take a break... and then find more work to do." He sighed dramatically at this, pushing himself up and stretching. "What a shame..." He approached Mewtwo, stopping in front of the battered Genetic Pokémon. "Well, regardless, thanks for your help, Three--we might not have gotten out of there without you." Ethan held out a hand, smiling.

Mewtwo stared in surprise at the human for several moments, before taking his hand and shaking it. The feeling is mutual, he said. Perhaps we can all rest easier now that Pryce and his... creatures... are no longer a threat. At least for the time being.

Ethan nodded. Gavin, however, frowned, crossing his arms. "Well, wait up, everyone," he said pointedly. The other Rockets looked at him. "What happened back there... What are you going to tell Sleight and Joker?"

"Why wouldn't we tell them what happened?" Ethan asked in surprise. "They need to know about those things in case they ever reappear as a threat."

Gavin shook his head. "I don't think it's a good idea," he said. "You heard what happened when Ford found out about the... pool thing. He tried to access it and it only became stronger. I seriously doubt that Joker won't make the same mistake, even if Sleight won't."

OOC: Also, funny story for y'all. So, as mentioned before, I was cleaning out my PM inbox when I happened upon a conversation between myself and Neya from about 2010ish. According to past-me, there's supposed to be some sort of "shocking connection" between Team Plasma and John Ford. Now, considering how big both groups are, you would expect this to be something that I would read and go, "Oh, yeah, I know what that is! Of course! It's such a great secret that it'll blow everyone's mind!"

Only problem is that, ah, I can't for the life of me remember what that connection is or might be, and there's nothing in the conversation or in any of my notes to help me remember. XP Just goes to show how long this game has been running.

Also, some of you guys were kind of funnily inexperienced two years ago. Just saying. :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Ah nostalgia and going back to read old notes; it's always fun. =P Also, that's some interesting trivia. =O

-==IC: Zach==-

The plan was genius; the meteors hit the hydreigon dead on, and it groaned, as it staggered to the side, heavily damaged. It wasn't out yet, but from the looks of the attack Kovian was about to hit the dragon with, it looked like the fight was all but over.

OOC: Also, I know the feeling about forgetting past plans; I've hinted at stuff in some of my old RPGs that, going back, I have absolutely no clue what I was hinting at. xD

OOC: 'tis such a strange thing....

I did rediscover a number of things that I was planning on addressing,, though. Which means there should be a ton of interesting stuff going on in Kanto/etc. once we get back there. >:)

IC - Kyle Eston - Iccirus City: Swinging back and forth on the Hydreigon's tail, Kovian flipped up, flying in an arc over the dragon's trio of heads. His scalchops glowed with energy as the Dewott attacked with a combination of Fury Cutter and Razor Shell, slashing his opponent several times in rapid succession before falling away from him, twisting in the air to land on his feet on the ground below...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Yes, it's amazing how much nostalgia comes from everything that happened early on in the RPG. :)

"Are you okay, Ellen?" Ryan asked when she didn't respond. Neptune danced his way over to Ellen and gave her a hug, which seemed to snap her out of her daze.

"Huh? Oh, I- I'm fine..." she said, managing a small smile. "But it's getting late... I think I'll go to bed. Goodnight, everybody." Patting the Totodile on the head, she headed upstairs to her room.

"Hey, she never answered my question," Ryan frowned, looking at the present addressed to Seth. "Oh, well," he yawned. "It is pretty late. We'd better get some shut-eye if we want to catch up to Ray tomorrow."

Ryan lay in his sleeping bag, staring at the ceiling. He pulled out Entei's Pokeball and turned it to its transparent mode. "I'm worried about Ellen," he told the Legendary Beast quietly. "This whole thing certainly came as a shock to me... I can't even begin to imagine how she must be feeling right now."

She seems to be very much in shock, Entei agreed. If you'd like, I could speak with her. Hopefully I can put her mind at ease.

"Are you sure?" Ryan asked. "I mean, what if someone sees you?"

I can be stealthy when I need to, Entei replied as he released himself from the Ultra Ball in a soft light. Trust me. You won't even hear a floorboard creak. With that, the Legendary Beast silently maneuvered his way over to the stairs.

Ellen sat at the end of her bed. She saw Artemis come over to her, and the Mienfoo gave her a worried look. "I'd like to sleep right now, but I just can't," she said. "There's too many thoughts rushing through my head." She glanced at Chrono. The Purrloin was over in the corner, pretending to be asleep, but Ellen could tell that he was listening.

At least try and get some sleep, Ellen, her Solosis said.

"Solo, what are we going to do?" Ellen asked. "If Daddy's really working for this Ford guy..."

It's been a long day, Solo replied. Maybe things will make more sense after you've slept on it.

"I doubt it," Ellen sighed as Terry came through the door. "Did you know about any of this?" she asked the Herdier. Terry shook his head sadly. "How could Daddy agree with Ford?" Ellen asked. "I've known him my entire life, and not once has he hinted that he even knows about the war... let alone that he'd be willing to stop it at all costs."

Your parents love you very much, Ellen. If you knew your father was trying to stop a war, that would have had you worried, would it not? I don't think they wanted that. At first, Ellen thought the telepathic voice was coming from Solo, but the voice sounded much deeper, and more soothing. She gasped as she saw Entei standing magnificently in the doorway.

"Do you really think he was trying to stop it, though?" Ellen asked.

That's hard to say, the Legendary Beast replied. While Déoza may be related with Ford, that does not necessarily mean that everyone who works for Déoza agrees with Ford. In fact, because most of Ford's activities have happened in Kanto and the surrounding regions, it is quite possible that your father does not even know of Ford.

"About Ford, though... which side is right?" Ellen asked. "I mean, from what I've heard, that war has been going on for nearly twenty years. Is it really worth fighting? But is Ford's method of stopping it really okay?"

The Legendary Beast shook his head. I cannot answer that for you, little one. That is a question you must find the answer to yourself. All I can say is to trust in your heart. Your heart is pure, and if you follow it, it will ultimately lead you down the right path.

"But what if I don't know what my heart says?" Ellen sighed.

Give it time, Entei said. Right now, you are shocked and confused. You should get some rest now. But when the time comes, I am sure you will make the right decision, little one.

Somehow, Entei's words managed to calm Ellen. All of her emotions seemed to drain away, and she suddenly feld exhausted. "Thank you... Entei..." she smiled as she lay down and drifed off into a deep sleep.

OOC: Song of Healing for this part. There can be no other.

Anyway, after writing that, I don't have it in me to write a Dack IC right now. Too much of a mood shift. :P

If I don't do a Dack IC later tonight, I'll have one tomorrow.

OOC: Makes random complain about how busy school is in attempt to self-justify absence.

IC: Richard head merely turned with a slightly pained expression as he saw the rolling Darmanitan and Erebus go by. The Tentacool had tried one last Bubblebeam but against the rampaging Rollout, he found himself going around for a ride and finally smashed into a wall on the edge of the arena. Richard played one sad tune on his violin.

"Erebus return," he said pullin the Tentacool back into his pokeball. "Don't worry, you did great. And now the stage has been set, GO DIONYSUS!"Stepping backwards to give the giant pokemon room to appear, Richard tossed the pokeball onto the ground, revealing the Snorlax.

"Let's start with some prep, Curse."

IC: "So are we just going to say that we failed? I doubt they are going to be happy about that."

OOC: James post hopefully tomorrow.

Edited by Minun4

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

-==IC: Ray//Opelucid City==-

Ray examined the building, which appeared to be made in the shape of a two-toned dragon. At that moment, Ray realized what he had been missing.

"The city was based on this pattern?" Ray wondered out loud, despite no-one being around.

"Indeed it was." A voice stated from behind him, which startled him, and as he whirled around, his eyes widened in shock and horror. In response, Ray attempted to run back the way he had just come, and barely dodged the person who had appeared, as Ray ran toward the exit to Route 9...

-==IC: Zach//Iccirus City==-

Zach watched, impressed, as the Hydreigon finally fell after that last attack.

"Nicely done." Zach said with a nod, and Hugh looked rather impressed as well.

"Very good; that is one strong Dewott you have, and those were some impressive tactics. I think you both deserve the badges of our respective gyms; even if this wasn't an official challenge." Hugh stated, as Brycen made his way over to sign the autograph that Kyle had wanted, even as Hugh handed both Zach and Kyle the Legend badge. After Brycen finished the autograph, he also handed the Icicle badge to the two challengers, as Hugh thought, impressed.

"So, Zach, you now have all 8 badges... I think you should probably challenge the league, if you feel up to it. I hear they're accepting challenges." Hugh stated, however, at that moment, his Cross-Transceiver began to ring. Hugh frowned, and held his hand up as a sign to hold that thought, as he answered it, and walked off to the side for a moment.

Dack saw that he only had mere seconds to make a move. "Brave Bird!" he cried. Swellow turned toward the Porygon and dove, flying straight into the oncoming Zap Cannon. The move struck Swellow, but with the last of his strength he managed to land the Brave Bird. "Good job," Dack sighed, recalling the Swellow. "Now... go, Snivy!"

The Snivy popped out of her Pokeball and looked around curiously. This was the first time she had been in Snowpoint. "Now's not the time for sightseeing," Dack said. "Quick, use Leech Seed!"

The Snivy leapt toward the Porygon, unleashing a number of small seeds at her target.

IC - Eric and Pierce, Olivine City, Johto"Unfortunately for you," Pierce said, "I'm not done." Dusknoir continued forward, towards Jared.His intent? To catch and apprehend the opposing trainer.IC - Zac Flash, PNT, Johto"That's good enough," Zac said, recalling Kongo before poison racked up. "Jaws, Fire Fang!" He threw the Pokeball onto the arena and his Mawile appeared, dashing towards the gigantic Snorlax.

OOC: No, let's just get this over with, if Zacax doesn't return before two of us have been eliminated, then we can work something out.IC Kaito:"Look out!" The Spiritomb slammed into Ren. "Lock On and Zap Cannon on Spiritomb!" The Porygon complied, noticing Spiritomb's resemblance to a target.OOC: Cannot unsee: Spiritomb actually does look a little like one :P

aouROFb.png

IC - Kyle Eston - Iccirus City: Kyle took a moment to observe the autograph on his cast and the two badges, grinning broadly once he was finished. He rubbed Kovian's head as the Dewott--exhausted from the battle--made his way over to his trainer, bowing to him respectfully before collapsing.

"We did pretty great, yeah," Kyle said, recalling the Water-Type to his Pokéball. "Thanks." He watched Hugh walk away from the group, and then checked the time, looking at Zach. "So, what now? It's pretty late."

IC - Ethan Worth/etc. - Field: "We were investigating rumors..." Ethan reminded Jamie. "I doubt very many people were expecting anyone to actually find anything, so in that sense it's easy to cover up..." He crossed his arms, looking at Gavin. "But... An entire train was hijacked and destroyed--people died. How do you propose we cover that up?"

"Pretty simple, really..." Jackson said suddenly, prompting Ethan to turn to him. The assassin was sitting on the ground, head tilted toward the sky, though his eyes were closed. "We know for a fact that Déoza and Ford were behind it, and it's not like Sleight and Joker wouldn't be thrilled at the idea of having more ammo to use against him. Blame the train's disappearance on them--it was their fault, after all."

"But that still leaves all of the other train survivors."

"The only uncontrolled variable," Jackson mused. "Yeah... I don't know about them; maybe the news that Déoza and Ford are being taken care of will be enough to keep 'em happy."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png