Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC VincentAn unearthly scream ran through the minds of everybody on the field. Mikaruge was suspsended in midair for a moment, and then collapsed on the ground. It retreated inside of the Odd Keystone and flashed once before going still. "Ugh," I spat. I reached for my belt, pulled out a pokeball, and pressed the button. Nothing happened. "Where is my third pokemon?" I said frantically.OOC this was because I didn't know that we could have three. Profile coming up soon... I hope.

OOC: Who's waiting on who, Unova group? I only ask, because I thought Konuju was waiting on Parugi to post. ^^'

-==IC: Zach==-

"We should probably find a place to get some rest for the night, and then continue investigating in the morning. I'm intrigued about the Pokemon League thing; but I'd rather wait until this mess was dealt with first." Zach explained, as Summer nodded, agreeing with Zach there.

IC - Eric and Pierce, Olivine City, Johto"Slush, standby," Eric said. "Kingdra, get behind."Dusknoir grinned. "Go, I've got him." Pierce said. He opened his other Pokeball, releasing his Snorunt."A'ight," Eric said, getting ready to run. "Aqua! Slush! Pierce's got this, I'll be back." He raced out of the city, heading for the nearest Rocket Center."So," Pierce said, standing in front of Jared. Surrounding them were four Pokemon: Dusknoir, Snorunt, Aqua, and Slush.

IC: Well, that's one way to attract a crowd. Wonder if Team Liberty is watching. And how surprised they'll be to find out I'm still alive. For the moment. "Heh. Imagine meeting a Team Rocket member here, of all places." Jared put away his Abra's Pokeball and pulled out another surreptitiously. "It shouldn't be surprising. Though I haven't seen any of you since the shipment raid three weeks ago."

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC - Pierce, Olivine City, JohtoPierce raised an eyebrow. "Shipment raid? That doesn't concern me," Pierce said, annoyed. "Whatever you say. Just more of a reason to arrest you." He spread his legs shoulder-width apart and crossed his arms."Eric!" Pierce called, not taking his eyes off of Jared. "Get your rear over here with those [----] cuffs!"

OOC: I was waiting on Parugi, but admittedly there wasn't a whole lot he could respond to. I'm ready to skip ahead to the next morning, though.

IC: Dack

"Snivy!" Dack cried as the grass snake became encased in ice. No matter how hard she tried, Snivy couldn't escape. She was frozen solid. "Argh," Dack growled, turning to Vincent. "Hey, kid, got any Pokemon that can melt this ice?"

IC: Ryan

Ryan awoke to the smell of French Toast. Wandering into the kitchen, he found a number of people already awake and eating breakfast. "Merry Christmas, everyone!" he said brightly. But despite the Christmas cheer, he could tell that emotions were tense. Mr. Burks' connection to Déoza and Seth's disappearance had put everybody on edge. "So, any news on Seth?" he asked as he helped himself to a mug of hot chocolate.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: Yeah, I wasn't sure what to post for Sonja. :P If I absolutely need to, though...

IC - Sonja Baron - Burks' House: Last night...

Sonja had been awake when Ryan had sent Entei upstairs, lying on her side in the dark with her hands under her head, staring quietly at the lights on the Christmas tree nearby. Admittedly, she was confused at... well, everything, quite frankly. The news about Ellen's dad, Seth and Ray's disappearances, what had occurred in Castelia...

Sophia... she sighed, closing her eyes sadly. I don't know where you are now... I still don't understand what happened... but, Merry Christmas... That thought in mind, she drifted off to sleep.

.... awakening later to the smell of more French Toast, and a decidedly more cheerful--though still uneasy--atmosphere. It appeared that most--if not all--of the others were already up; as such, she took her time, enjoying the warmth of her makeshift bed for several more moments before deciding that she needed to actually get up.

She looked at the Christmas tree nearby again, where several presents--all for the three members of Ellen's family, of course--were at rest. She smiled at the sight, feeling a bit more at home than she had in a long time.

The thought of Déoza, however, still hung on her mind...

IC - Kyle Eston - Iccirus City: "Works for me," Kyle said. He pulled his hood over his head, looking up at the night sky. It was dark now, with the lights of the city illuminating the area around them. The moon shone bright above them, shining through the thick, grey clouds that had enveloped the city. Having been so focused on the fight, Kyle had only now realized that snow had begun to fall, coating Iccirus City in a blanket of white.

He looked again at his Pokétch, smiling slightly as he saw the time and date: 12:10 A.M., 12/25.

"Merry Christmas, by the way," he said to Zach and Summer. "Can't believe I didn't realize what time of the year it was until just now..."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach looked at Kyle in surprise, and checked his Pokegear as well, which confirmed it.

"Wow, we've been on the go so much, that I didn't even realize Christmas was approaching. Merry Christmas you two." Zach said, as Summer chuckled with a nod.

"Honestly, I was just waiting for you two to figure it out." Summer said, as she looked around the small city.

"I've honestly never been all the way here before. It's... Refreshing; in an odd way. I mean, there's the tower that we've come to investigate, off in the distance... but yet, the city feels calming." Summer explained with a shrug.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC: Vincent

"I did have a torchic but it ran off!" I yelled. "It's pokeball is empty!"

OOC:

Species: Torchic

Nickname: Torchio

Trainer: Vincent Zai

Appearance: Bigger head feathers

Personality: Torchio is very curious and has a habit of wandering off at times. Despite his wandering, he is still very loyal to Vincent, seeing as he was the boy's starter.

Ability: Blaze

Specialty: Attack

Known Moves: Scratch, Focus Energy, Ember, Crush Claw (Egg), Night Slash (Egg), Flame Burst (Egg)

When no one answered, Ryan sighed. Seth was still missing. Still sipping his hot chocolate, he wandered into the living room, where he saw Sonja was just getting up. "Merry Christmas," he greeted her as he began to roll up his sleeping bag. "I think we'll be leaving in about an hour, if not sooner, so if you want breakfast, you should probably grab it now."

He felt something wrap around his waist as Ellen hugged him from behind. "Thanks for sending Entei last night," she said.

"Hey, no problem," Ryan smiled, kneeling down so that he was at eye-level with Ellen. "Consider it my Christmas present to you. How are you feeling?"

"Better," Ellen sighed. "Well, good luck at Dragonspiral Tower. I'll miss you guys."

Ryan thought for a moment. "You know... you're welcome to keep traveling with us if you want," he suggested. "I mean, given Ford's connection with..." As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Ryan regretted saying them. For a brief moment, he could see the fear and confusion reflected in Ellen's eyes.

"I couldn't do that," Ellen shook her head. "Daddy may support Ford, but he's still my family. I made it home just in time for Christmas... I can't just leave again. It doesn't feel right to abandon my family. That much I do know."

Once again, Ryan was taken aback by the maturity Ellen showed for being so young. "You're right," he said. "I couldn't ask you to run away from home."

Ellen turned to face Sonja. "How did you feel when you learned Sophia was working for Ford?" she asked.

"It ran off?!" Dack said in disbelief. He shook his head and glared at the Porygon, not sure what he should do.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Evan Tierra

Evan got out of the chair he had been sleeping in. Following the smell of french toast, Evan found the rest of the group in the kitchen.

"No word on Seth?", Evan said, "Eh, I guess there isn't really much to worry about. Seth's a tough guy. He'll be just fine."

Evan then looked towards Ellen and said, "I thank you for your hospitality and for the Gem. Lazengann seems to like it a lot!"

With that, Evan sat down and started to eat. They had a long day ahead of them......

OOC: Forgive my extended absence. A lot has been going on recently, but now I'm on my way back. Let the games resume.

IC - Seth:

The wind blew through Seth's hair as he sat in the Abundant Shrine. His eyes closed, his mind was relaxing. He had slipped away from his group, knowing full well that he should stop doing so. Still... His mind was uneasy, a dark presence threatening his sanity. He came to this place sensing a peaceful aura, as well as the connection it had with Legendary Pokemon, a connection that Seth was fascinated with, no matter what kind. Growing up in Celestic Town, he had a natural fascination with myths and legends, and his bond with Dialga had furthered his fascination, as much as he hid it.

"Even now, I can sense myself calming more, and clearing my mind..." Seth whispered to himself. Seth pulled out his flute and began to play a song upon it, as Volt lay before him. He felt at peace here, and when the time comes when he found peace of some sort, he would be off on his way.

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

IC: "We can only hope," Jamie said with more or less a mutter.

IC: Richard smiled, which quickly transformed into a grin, as he saw the Mawhile approach. He didn't even have to order Dionysus to do anything, he knew what he needed to do.

The Snorlax turned slightly directing the Fire Fang into the part of his body with the greatest amount of Thick Fat. With the Fat in addition to the Curse the damaged was lessened by a large amount. And while the fangs were still attached, he leaned for a moment before falling forward with a Body Slam.

Richard paused the music for a moment. He wanted to take in the moment.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC - Sonja Baron - Burks' House: The question was enough to make Sonja freeze in the middle of getting up, momentarily feeling herself thrown back into Castelia City--back into the midst of Sophia's plot. The bombs. The hopelessness of it all. The fear...

"I... don't know," she said after a moment. "Glad that she was alive, but..." Sonja quickly slipped into silence again. "Er... excuse me, please." Getting up, she headed into the kitchen, quietly sitting down to eat.

IC - Kyle Eston - Iccirus City: "Sure you were," Kyle said jokingly to Summer. He nodded at her sentiment, looking around at the city himself. "It is pretty nice..." He trailed off. After a moment, Kyle shook his head. "Well, regardless, we should probably get going."

OOC: By the by...

Also, opinions: What do you guys think about having somewhere--a blog entry, specifically--where numerous unresolved plot threads can be listed for me to gradually deal with?

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Mmm yeah, looks fine. Also!:

OOC: By the by... Also, opinions: What do you guys think about having somewhere--a blog entry, specifically--where numerous unresolved plot threads can be listed for me to gradually deal with?

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Pierce Aderia, Olivine City, Johto"You think I'd let you escape?" Pierce shot back. "You obviously got by once before, but that was with regular old members." He paused for a second."I'm no regular member of Team Rocket."IC - Zac Flash, PNT, UnovaZac's eyes widened -- quite largely -- as he watched the huge Snorlax fall onto his Pokemon. "Uh." He didn't know what quite to say, and whether he was horrified or impressed. "WELL." Zac yelled at the top of his lungs, to get through to Jaws. "IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, THUNDER FANG."If he assumed correctly, her horn(s) were still attached to the belly of the beast. All that was left was to send electricity through them.OOC: The blog-plot stuff sounds good to me. Though I didn't realize we had any unresolved plots. =PAnd while we're advertising blog entries, I've got a little project I'd like to share with all of you. Edited by Nara

There was nothing Dack could do as the Psybeam struck the frozen Snivy. "Do you have any other Pokemon that could help?" Dack asked Vincent.

IC: Ellen

"No problem, Evan," Ellen smiled.

When Sonja walked into the kitchen, Ellen simply nodded. "I think I understand," she said quietly. As she watched Sonja sit down at the far end of the table to eat, Ellen could see the same fear and confusion that she herself had felt the night before.

Ellen had already felt a natural connection with Sonja, given that they were the only girls in the group. Sonja was like the big sister she never had. And now that it turned out they both had family members who were sided with Ford, their bond seemed that much tighter.

OOC: By the way, I'm basically ready for the group to leave Ellen's house now.

And for the blog-post stuff, that sounds like a good idea. Although the only loose plots I can think of right now are minor sub-plots involving my own characters.

Edited by Konuju

OOC: Same.

Nara: Yeah, there are. X3 Off the top of my head, for instance, there's

-the Misty/Ash/Darren Ketchum situation (player character from way earlier in the RPG was the son of Misty/Ash, found Misty, went to Indigo Plateau to search for Ash, and then vanished)

-the Red/Blue Orb situation with TR (TR possesses both due to the efforts of an earlier TR PC)

-Ho-Oh's current situation (was last seen post-regeneration after fighting against Feral)

-the seven corrupted trainers and Nine (which is going to be dealt with, but I'm still listing for reminder's sake)

-what Joker has been building around the Lake of Rage

-situation at Paradise post-battles involving SCI/Silvermind

-SCI's situation post-Manaphy plot

-Ford's plan

-Ariadne and the Hoenn Legends who fought against Sombra and the other eight Darkrai (last said to have teleported out of Lilycove and, in Ariadne's case, brought to Bounty's base to heal)

-the TL leader/Bounty/Maxie meeting at Four Island (which is where Blackskull disappeared to when he left the Unova group; nothing about this has been elaborated on)

So, yeah, a ton of stuff, all of which I want to/will deal with as we start getting back to Kanto and such. And this isn't even counting the stuff that I don't immediately remember.

IC - Sonja Baron - Burks' House: Having finished her breakfast and thanked Ellen's mother and father, as well as wishing everyone a friendly "Merry Christmas," Sonja once again excused herself, this time making her way toward her bag. Opening it, she gathered a set of fresh clothes and hygienic supplies, heading off to take a shower. As she waited for the water to heat up, Sonja leaned against the sink, staring at her face in the mirror. She couldn't get the thought of Sophia out of her mind, and she wasn't sure why. Hadn't she accepted their conflicting situations back in Castelia? She wasn't so sure anymore.

These doubts were only amplified as she observed her own face--and more specifically, her eyes, purple spheres that, according to Sonja's parents, were just like those of her older sister. Having seen Sophia's in person, the Liberty agent could see where they were coming from. The similarities only served to demoralize her even more...

Sighing, Sonja forced her gaze away from the mirror, focusing on the warmth and comfort of the shower...

Much later, Sonja arrived downstairs again, this time clad in dark blue jeans, a pink shirt, and a new (to the group, who had thus far only seen her in white) sage-green jacket, which she was in the process of zipping up as she descended the stairs.

"You look relaxed," Gold told her as she replaced her things, and then began tying her shoes. "Ready to go?"

"In a minute, yeah," she answered. Tightening her show laces, she stood up, shouldering her bag. "All right."

OOC: And yes, that is a retcon regarding Sonja's eye color--changing them from blue to purple to match Sophia's, as well as to diversify her from the rest of my blue-eyed characters. xp

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Well, in a way, technically it doesn't have to be a retcon. They could always have been purple, they could've just looked blue to everyone else at the time; like how my eyes are blue, but half the time look grey. xD

IC: Ryan/Ellen

"So I guess this is goodbye, then," Ellen said. She was standing by the front door with her parents as the group prepared to leave.

"Yeah," Ryan sighed as he grabbed his bag and swung it over his shoulder. "We’ll miss you. You brought a distinct cheer to the group, along with a unique perspective. It won’t be the same without you."

"Thank you," Ellen smiled. "I’ll miss all of you as well. This journey has been a lot of fun, and it was truly eye-opening. But as they say, all good things must come to an end."

"True," Ryan agreed. He turned to Ellen's parents. "Thank you once again for your hospitality."

"Oh, but it is us who should be thanking you," Mrs. Burks said.

Mr. Burks nodded in agreement. "We can’t thank you enough for bringing our daughter home safely."

"No problem," Ryan said as he stared at Ellen’s father. The man seemed so kind… Ryan found it hard to believe that he was really working for Ford.

"I’m sure we’ll see each other again someday," Ellen assured the group as she went around giving each of them one last hug. "And if your travels ever take you back to Village Bridge, be sure to stop by and visit."

"Will do," Ryan smiled as the group started to head out the door. "Have a wonderful Christmas, Ellen!"

As they waved their final goodbyes, Ryan thought back to when Ellen had first joined the group. He had been wary about her coming with them on such a dangerous mission, but Entei had ultimately convinced him to let her go with them. It looks like you made the right decision, my friend.

From his Ultra Ball, the Legendary Beast purred in agreement.

OOC: We are just making so much progress lately...

Blade: Nah, her profile and sprite both show her with blue eyes.

IC - Sonja Baron - Burks' House: Sonja stooped down and hugged Ellen one final time before following the others. "Take care, kiddo," she said. "And have a good Christmas for me, all right?"

With that, she pulled away, waving good-bye to the Burks as she exited the house, pulling her hood over her head as she stepped out into the cold, windy street.

"So I guess it's to Dragonspiral Tower from here, eh?" Gold said. "That was supposed to be our final destination, wasn't it?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC Vincent"Torchic!"I looked over to see Torchio dragging along what looked like a dead body. "Torchio, where have you been?" I yelled and ran over to it. "Torchic!" he chirped again and pointed to the body. "It's a dead animal," I said confused. "Chic!" He chirped. "No?" I asked. Putting a mirror to the pokemon's nose, the glass fogged up. "Just sleeping," I replied. "But don't run off like that again, you here me?" "Tor..." he said with exasperation in his voice. I picked him up and walked over to the others. "Sorry about that," I said to Zac, Dack, and Kaito.

"Yeah, Dragonspiral Tower," Ryan nodded. "That's probably where Ray headed, and hopefully where Seth headed, too. Do you think we can get there by the end of the day?"

"Wait, what?" Dack said in surprise. "Where did that Eevee come from?"

OOC: I'm assuming that the "dead animal" that Torchic brought back is the Eevee?

IC: Field

Chaz had been standing near the Team Rocket members and the others there with them. He just didn't know what to do, so he just listened.

"So you want me to keep this whole thing a secret? Okay I guess. Not like anyone would believe me if I told them..." Questioned the psychic, he then paused thinking.

"So does Team Rocket have anything else for me to do? Or am I free to go?" He said half jokingly; thinking about Lavender Town and now this... event.

Was Team Rocket trying to get him to work for them? He thought. Maybe it is better not to take sides.

OOC: Hey, guys, sorry for my short absence--school, you know.

.... and also this important blog entry, regarding the new character list. Please be sure to read it--and that goes for everyone. ;)

A question related to this--do you guys want me to create profiles for important NPCs to be added onto that list, for reference purposes? It was something I considered for TR/TL/Hojohsin leaders in the past, but never actually did; it might be a good idea to do that now. Up to you guys, though--just let me know.

Now, let's get cracking here....

IC - Sonja Baron - Village Bridge: "If we hurry, we can probably get there, but it'll still be pretty late when we arrive," Sonja said. She shrugged. "Either way, let's go now, if we want to catch up with the others."

IC - Kyle Eston - Iccirus City: It was still fairly early in the morning when Kyle arrived in the lobby of the Pokémon Center, having already showered and gotten his things together for the day. Considering the fact that there was no sign of either Zach or Summer, he decided to head out and explore the city some more--a decision that, he decided, was a good one. Numerous buildings were decorated with Christmas lights, illuminating the place with rainbows of colors. Smoke billowed forth from chimneys everywhere he looked, the outdoors filled with the campfire-like smell. It certainly added an extra layer of buoyancy to the Liberty agent's mood.

He stopped outside the fence that surrounded the air field, placing his hands in his jacket pockets as he stared out at the snowy runway, deep in thought as he observed the place...

IC - Gavin Braner/etc. - Field: The group exchanged looks, Gavin relenting and stepping back after a moment. "Just make sure this doesn't get mentioned to Joker," he said.

Ethan nodded. "Easy enough," he said. "If something comes up regarding this, I'll figure out a way to get in touch with you all."

Jackson nodded. "Later, then," he said. He looked at Mewtwo, who mentally gave his agreement, before teleporting away, prompting the others to head off--Gavin, Ethan, and Jackson toward Violet City, where they would then separate and head their separate ways, leaving the others to do either the same or head elsewhere...

OOC: To clarify: Ethan, Gavin, Jackson, Mewtwo, Jamie, Lafoyae, Lucia and Chaz would be safest if they kept the details about the mission secret. The cover story is that Déoza destroyed the train and ended up killing passengers on orders from Ford, which will help fuel TR's fight against him.

So, yeah--Jamie, Lafoyae, Lucia, and Chaz and do whatever at this point; feel free to timeskip to a future point or something. Meanwhile, I'mma figure out what to do with Ethan, Gavin, and Jackson...

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: To the question, yes, I do think that's a good idea. Also, I'll get to posting my profiles ASAP; I have to track them all down first. ^^'-==IC: Summer==-"Why hello there!" Summer said suddenly from behind Kyle, a mischievous smile on her face, as she walked up to him."I think that Zach guy's still sleeping; but I wanted to look around a bit. I take it you're doing the same?" Summer inquired, as she looked around the city, taking in the sights as well.OOC: Also, I request that you allow some time near the exit to Route 9, just a post or two buffer. =P