Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC VincentI knelt down to examine the Eevee. "Is this the work of the Darkrai?" I asked.

IC Kaito

"Probably. The physical wounds are severe, but not enough to cause the Eevee to lose consciousness. But look. The wounds are cuts and not something a Darkrai would do. Perhaps this Eevee was injured and ran into Darkrai when fleeing." Kaito rushed the Eevee to the Pokemon center.

EDIT: Retconned because I didn't know everybody was asleep

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

OOC: Yeah, I like the idea of important NPC profiles. Back when Dack and Ben were fighting Karen, I made a list of each Pokemon Karen had and the moves each one used. I had planned to make her a page on the wiki, but never actually got around to doing that. If you want, I could send you the list (even though Karen isn't that important of an NPC).

Also, Dralcax, I've already established that all the residents of Snowpoint except for Dack's friend Luke are asleep, and that would include Nurse Joy as well.

IC: Dack

Dack rushed into the Pokemon Center, only to find the place was abandoned. "How are we supposed to help the Eevee now?" he asked.

"I told you, I've been hanging out here for the past few weeks," Luke said, tossing Dack an Ice Heal from one of the shelves for his Snivy. He then turned to Kaito. "Here, let's go to the back room and see if we can't get those healing machines to work.

IC: Ryan

"Just as long as Ray hasn't gone and saved the whole world by the time we get there, I'm happy," Ryan said as they approached Village Bridge's western gatehouse.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC Kaito

Kaito walked around the Pokemon center, trying to figure out what did what. He rifled through a drawer and pulled out a first aid kid containing some bandages, a Super Potion, and some antiseptic. Bandaging up the wounds and administering the Potion, all that was left was to wake it up. "I'm going to see if I can find an Awakening or two. Be right back." Kaito walked to the Pokemart next door. The cashier was asleep, so Kaito took an Awakening and left $2.50 on the counter. Walking back, Kaito gently sprayed the Eevee.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

OOC: Profiles: All righty. In that case, I'll get to work on profiles for the following over Winter Break:

-Markus Aleivy/Goldhawk

-Shannon Ramirez/Bluefalcon

-Kane Umbra/Blackskull

-Sleight

-Joker

-Ace

-Bounty

-Viper

-James Pierce

-Quincy Adams

-Maddison Hayes

-Tyler McKinley

-John Ford

... and I will find/update Buzz and Silvermind's profiles. As for Gym Leaders and other canon NPCs--personally, I think enough information is floating around that we don't necessarily need these, but if someone else wants to make profiles for more important ones, then I'd be fine with that.

IC - Kyle Eston - Iccirus City: If Kyle was surprised or frightened by Summer's sudden appearance, he did not show it, merely looking at her and nodding as he was pulled from his reverie.

"Basically," he said, shrugging. Kyle looked back at the numerous airplanes waiting on the airfield, all shut down for the day. "Thought I'd take a break from walking and enjoy the scenery for a bit, especially since there isn't a ton of plane activity where I live."

OOC: And since I have ideas for what to do with Gavin and Jackson, at the least, I'll probably add some ICs regarding them to my next post. Stay tuned.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Just in case anyone is waiting on me now; I meant on the way out of Opelucid for the pause. ^^' If not, then my mistake.

-==IC: Summer==-

Summer nodded at what Kyle said, as she looked over at the planes as well.

"I can understand; that was my first trip on a plane." Summer said, but then paused with a slight frown.

"Though, it's odd that I haven't ever been on a plane, considering I've lived in the region my whole life... I guess there never was a reason to travel by plane..." Summer mused, seeming slightly confused for a moment.

OOC: No, we weren't waiting on you. If anything I was waiting on Parugi or Alku, but I can move us ahead. I would have posted earlier but, you know, finals.

Ryan was greeted with the sound of rushing water as he stepped through the gatehouse and onto Route 11. A number of waterfalls crashed down into a small gorge. Peering down, Ryan could see some of the water down below had started to freeze. Shivering, he proceeded to cross the route. If he remembered the map right, the next gatehouse would lead them to Opelucid City. "So what kind of place is Opelucid?" he asked.

As Kaito tended to the Eevee, Dack and his newly defrosted Snivy walked over to the healing machines. "Hopefully these things still work," he muttered, imagining how hard it would be to complete his mission without being able to heal his Pokemon.

"I'll see if I can figure it out," Luke said. "Otherwise, you'll just have to take a few revives from the Mart." As he inspected the healing machine, he called back to Kaito. "Hey, kid! How's that Eevee doing?"

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC Kaito

"The Eevee is fine, it just needs to rest. Let's see if we can figure out this machine." Kaito looked at the healing machine. "Ah, I see the problem. It's not plugged in." Kaito plugged in the healing machine. Sure enough, it turned on. "Now, let's see..." Kaito placed Ka and Bo on the machine and pressed a button. The machine hummed to life as it healed his Pokemon.

aouROFb.png

IC: Lafoyae Belrose, Field

Lafoyae was done here. She had to report to Sleight for her next mission, despite the things she had seen.

"Jackson Sang, keep in touch." Lafoyae telepathically said, "I may need your help in the future."

With that Lafoyae darted away, recalling her Conkeldurr as she ran. She headed for a forest nearby, hoping to be able to call Abyss for a teleporter.

"This is Agent Belrose.", Lafoyae said telepathically, throwing her thoughts in the direction of Abyss, "I am in need of teleportation to Chapel. Please respond."

IC: Evan Tierra, Route 11

Evan was in awe of the scenery around him. Vlad came out of his poke ball and glided through the air with grace.

"I guess Vlad loves Unova as much as I do.", Evan said, smiling, "This route in particular, it seems."

As if summoned by Evan's words, a group of five Gligar started to follow Vlad as he glided in the air. Their movements, while not as graceful as Vlad's, were perfectly synchronized.

"Vlad, quit showing off!" Evan said, grinning even bigger, "We've got to get going!"

With that, the Gliscor sent out an ultrasonic wave, telling the Gligar to get going. As soon as he emitted it, the Gligar flew away.

"An excellent performance nonetheless, Vlad." Evan as he returned Vlad to his poke ball.

OOC: Been busy. Sorry, guys.

Also, in my defense, I have no idea off the top of my head which route is which and couldn't be bothered to check with what's been going on lately, so... yeah... :P

IC - Kyle Eston - Iccirus City: "Yeah..." Kyle said, turning away from the airfield. "There never really is. Too superfluous. I'd much rather fly around on the back of a flaming dragon, you know?" He took a few steps away from the fence, looking around the area with a slightly bored expression on his face. "So... What is there to do around here, aside from battling?"

IC - Sonja Baron - Route 11: Sonja was absentmindedly staring off into the distance, and as such did not appear to hear Ryan's question. At a nudge from Richie, she jumped slightly in surprise, looking at the rest of the group and uttering a quick, confused, "What?"

"I asked what Opelucid is like," Ryan repeated.

"Oh. Sorry," Sonja said. "It's kind of a mix of old-timey and more modern, almost futuristic beliefs. Pretty neat, really. Supposed to represent the yin-yang thing that the Tao Trio has going on..." Trailing off, she placed her hands in her pockets, becoming distracted again by the raging river nearby.

"Is something wrong?" Richie asked quietly, fatherly concern evident in his voice as he dropped back to walk next to Sonja, out of earshot of the rest of the group.

The Liberty Agent was silent for a moment. "No... Maybe... I don't know," she said at length. Sonja looked behind the group, back at the rapidly-disappearing village in the distance. "It's just... Do you ever get the feeling that something bad is going to happen soon?" She went quiet again. "I'm getting that feeling now... I don't know why, though."

Richie didn't look at her, keeping his tired, older eyes set before him as he thought this over. "You aren't the only one," he answered. "I wouldn't worry about it, though--whatever it is will blow over regardless of what happens. But no matter what comes our way, I won't let anything happen to the rest of you. I promise." He looked at Sonja, smiling. "Relax a bit--it's Christmas, and you guys have all earned a break after everything that has happened. So leave the worrying to me and Gold this time, okay?"

Sonja stared in surprise at the Liberty Executive, before nodding, smiling weakly as she did so. "Thanks..."

IC - Abyss Comms Unit - Abyss: The Rocket mainbase called Abyss was controlled by Joker for a very fitting reason: It was easily the most sophisticated and advanced hub of psychic-related technology in the Kanto regions, fitted with numerous amplifiers and receivers that allowed psychic activity to be monitored in hundreds of places across Johto. As such, Lafoyae's message reached home, picked up by one of the psychic technicians inhabiting the comm room.

Request received and processed, Agent Belrose, the calm voice of a young man answered. Sending transportation now...

As he said this, an Alakazam appeared before the assassin, wearing a Team Rocket badge on its chest. The Psychic-Type bowed to her. How may I be of assistance?

IC - Gavin Braner - Violet City: Gavin sat quietly, listening to the buzzing noises around him, eyes closed as he focused on his own thoughts, the swirling mass of mind and meaning within his head. It had been... what, a day, perhaps, since he had escaped the confines of the other dimension, seen the monstrous things that Pryce and his pet had done. The thoughts still sickened him, bringing to mind the events in Lavender Town... the Rage... the Hypno... He grimaced at the thought, recalling that utter look of crazed hunger in the Psychic-Types' eyes, the blood on their manes as they had begun to feast...

More disgust. More anger... That boy... How is he doing now, after all that?

Gavin sighed.

"Not to your liking?" He opened his eyes, looking in the mirror. The female hairdresser stood behind him as he observed his new haircut, frowning slightly in worry. He glanced up at her reflection, smiling slightly to reassure her. This seemed to relax the woman.

"No; something else. Unrelated," he said simply. "It's fine."

He walked down the streets of the city, hands in his pockets as he continued to think. He shifted the new red jacket he wore, ran a hand through his newly cut hair, and stopped for a moment to examine his appearance in a nearby window.

I'm certainly less recognizable, he thought. But not entirely... Need to find something to take myself off the most oft-traveled road... He turned to a nearby road, one that he knew led toward the Ruins of Alph. Gavin glanced around, checking the surrounding area before making his way towards it, stopping for a moment before heading down the road. Before that, though, I need to expand my team. No telling what else lies ahead...

IC - Shadow Admin Sleight/Gym Leader Strike Team - Chapel: "So, we've lost another one, then..."

"I'm afraid so, sir. I feel like it's only going to get worse from here."

"Hm..." The shadows hid Sleight's expression as he listened to Sabrina's report; as such she couldn't tell whether he was annoyed, angered, or something else. In theory, she would be able to tell through her telepathy, but she had heard stories of those kinds of attempts in the past. As such, she was not willing to try it. Instead, she simply stood where she was, slightly in front of Koga and Surge, who remained to either side of her. Her own expression was one of calm, though she gave off a very definite air of being uncomfortable.

The Shadow Admin of Kanto did not seem to notice--or, at the least, did not draw attention to this. Instead, he tapped his fingers against the knuckles of his other hand, contemplating the situation. Before him, a three-dimensional display rotated slowly on his computer, highlighting the areas that Soil Colossus, Inc. had attacked recently. Sleight had to hand it to them, they had certainly picked their targets well, bringing down three of Team Rocket's secondary bases within a matter of months, on top of half a dozen smaller ones. While the destruction of the bases themselves had not severely crippled the government, the loss of more and more agents at the hands of the "drilling" company--whether by killing them, an admittedly rare occurrence, or by permanently crippling them, their preferred method--was beginning to grow tiring.

No more.

"You say you've discovered where their main headquarters are," the Shadow Admin said after a moment. "Would you be so kind as to elaborate?"

Sabrina nodded. "It's an underground facility, stationed under their main headquarters in Rustboro," the psychic trainer said. "It appears that Carl Sandrock has spent a rather large amount of money in an attempt to create an utterly impenetrable lair--the base is secure enough to withstand the force of a nuclear bomb at its strongest point, his main center of operation. However, additions to the main building would be seen as rather suspicious, throwing into question the company's public image; as such, the above-ground building itself is a massive weak point, one that could be exploited in an attack... assuming you could get through the amount of security there."

"Then I believe it's time to act," Sleight said, looking up from the screen. The light illuminated his icy gray eyes, their cold depths seeming to pierce Sabrina's very soul. "Sandrock may not believe it, but I have connections within his organization--connections that, with this latest attack, have gathered enough evidence to warrant and justify a public dismantling. There is no better time for their comeuppance." He began typing on his computer. "I will send word to a select few elites You three will assist in the assault."

"Assist?" Surge said in surprise. "You don't want us to lead this mission, sir?"

"Perhaps Buzz or Joker will be accompanying us, then?" Koga asked.

"No," Sleight said. "Joker is preoccupied with her own devices. And while I believe this is the perfect opportunity for him to make up for his recent mistakes involving the Paradise invasions, Buzz will not be leading this operation--though he will be a part of it. No..." Sleight stood up, stepping aside and pushing his chair gently into his desk. "Sandrock has grown complacent, arrogant, believing himself and his organization to be beyond the capabilities of Team Rocket. It is time he--and others like him--realized the folly in their way of thinking. As such, I am assuming direct command of this mission."

12/22/12 Update: Saffron City changed to Rustboro City to keep consistency with earlier posts regarding the location of SCI's base.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Ooh. Sleight will actually do something for once. =O Unless I forget a time where he did something huge and important in the past, which may be true, since I don't recall every single thing, but... >>'

-==IC: Summer==-

"I've only been here once, to my recollection, but I'd say that you could go skating, since the ponds have frozen due to the weather; and I hear there's a quiz show going on in one of the buildings here. Other than that, it's rather quiet though, from what I've heard." Summer admitted, but then paused.

"There is DragonSpiral, but... Well, we had been planning to head there anyway."

OOC: Been busy with school, schedule should be open largely now.

IC: The Snorlax felt a small tingle at first, until suddenly he realized he was in pain. The pain caused the Snorlax to leap on its feet and began shaking violently to try and knock the Mawile off of his enormous belly.

Richard knew that wasn’t going to work. The grip of a Mawile’s jaw was too strong to be thrown off by a Snorlax just throwing his weight around, though it was indeed a lot of weight. He began playing soothing music.

Dionysus, as the sound hit his ears, he began to calm down

IC: James had milled about for a little while trying to figure out the best way to distract from

A large outbreak of minor problems would warrant some investigation from Rocket’s in the area. As the lab serves as the island’s base it may draw some amount of their forces away from Mr. Krane. At the very least complaints would rise and it could keep the base disorganized for some time… Worth a shot at the very least…

“Come forth Guinevere,” he said tossing his companion’s pokeball.

“Remember Mandarin Island. Preferably the city where

Yeess??

“We are going to go stir up a little bit of chaos to hopefully divert attention from going towards the good Mr. Krane in disguise.”Lovely.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

"A mix of old and new?" Ryan said. "That sounds... interesting. How would they even pull that off?"

Glancing back, Ryan saw Sonja talking with Richie toward the back of the group. Now that he thought about it, the entire group seemed to be less energetic than before. For the first time, he truly appreciated the joy that Ellen had brought to the group. I hope she's having a good Christmas, he thought. It's a shame she had to get dragged into all this.

"It was unplugged?" Luke scratched his head in amazement. "How could I miss something as simple as that?"

Once Kaito's Pokemon were healed, Dack placed his own Pokemon in the machine.

OOC: Let's try to wrap this up soon.IC - Zac Flash, PNT, UnovaJaws kept sending electric surges through her horns, while being violently shaken. She used Iron Defense in an attempt to gain weight in hopes of pinching the Snorlax into flinching. However, the added weight only caused the Snorlax to fall over, again on her.Only this time, the impact was enough to knock her out."Shoot," Zac said, recalling his Mawile. "Kongo, Hammer Arm!" He threw the Pokeball onto the field and Kongo came out running. On his back, however, was a single dot of purple.It was a poison spike.

IC: Evan Tierra

"A mixture of old and new, eh?", Evan said, his tone curious, "Sort of like Eterna City. But I guess that is more of a case of the future overcoming the past."

Evan sighed. He couldn't shake this feeling of homesickness he had. But he couldn't return to Eterna City, cast into the shadows as it was. He had to take care of the Darkrai before that could happen.

"I've never been to Eterna," Ryan shrugged. "But I guess we'll see what the city's like for ourselves soon enough." He pointed ahead, toward the next gatehouse which they were quickly approaching.

IC: Ellen

Although Entei had managed to calm her down from her initial shock, Ellen was still feeling troubled about Déoza’s connection with Ford. And so, as the Burks sat around their Christmas tree and opened up the presents, Ellen lacked her normal enthusiasm.

It wasn’t long before her parents took notice of this. "Is something wrong, Ellen?" her mother asked.

"You’re probably missing your friends, aren't you?" her father guessed.

"I suppose that’s part of it," Ellen agreed. "But I was also wondering..." she took a deep breath and looked straight into her father’s eyes. "Daddy, do you know anything about a man named John Ford?"

"Ford?" the blacksmith repeated, raising an eyebrow. "He's one of our major clients. Why the sudden interest?"

"Nothing in particular," Ellen said quickly. "I had just heard that Ford was responsible for the destruction of Castelia."

"Oh, that Castelia incident had us so worried," Ellen’s mom said. "You weren't anywhere near the city when that happened, were you?"

"Actually, I was in the city at the time," Ellen admitted. "But we made it out alright. But if Ford is one of your clients..." Ellen paused as she felt her paralyzing fear rise up again. She needed to know the answer to her question, but she was afraid of what that answer might be. Doing her best to ignore her fears, and summoning all the strength she had, she asked in a weak voice, "If Ford is one of your clients, does that mean that you helped build the bombs?"

Ellen’s father looked at her in surprise before giving a hearty laugh. "Oh, no, of course not! Déoza may be a weapons company, but I’m a blacksmith. I make swords and guns, not bombs!"

Ellen breathed a huge sigh of relief. "So that means you don’t support Ford’s plans?"

Her father’s expression turned serious once more. "His plans? What do you mean by that?"

"Trying to stop the war that's going on overseas," Ellen explained. "I heard that by blowing up Castelia, Ford was sending a message to the people fighting the war. A message that their actions have serious consequences in places as far away as Unova."

"You certainly have learned a lot on this trip," Ellen’s father muttered. "So you know about the war?"

"Yes," Ellen nodded. "I also heard that Castelia was Ford’s way of warning Team Plasma that they couldn’t continue to ignore the war. But if you knew about the war and supported Ford, then why wouldn’t you tell me about it?"

OOC: ... ehhhhh. You know, I'm seriously thinking of taking a break from BZP for a few days, guys--attitude on the site, at least in the blogs, has been waaaaay too hypocritical and caustic for my liking lately.

Just a head's-up in case I disappear for a short while.

IC - Kyle Eston - Iccirus City: "Hm... Well, I'm not really one for ice skating, and I don't really want to do anything trivia-related," Kyle said. "Though, I suppose we can't go to Dragonspiral right now, huh? So boring..." He sighed. "Ah well. Maybe I'll just continue looking for a Pokémon or something."

IC - TR Alakazam - With Lafoyae: The Alakazam's eyes glowed green, and a moment later, the pair teleported--though they did not appear in Sleight's office. Rather, they arrived in a hallway nearby.

My apologies; however, Shadow Admin Sleight dislikes direct teleportation into his office, the Psychic-Type explained. Good luck in your dealings with him. Giving another short bow, the Pokémon vanished.

IC - Jackson Sang - Violet City: Jackson Sang had not found the task of getting back into the swing of everyday life to be a difficult one--he was used to drastic shifts in the mood around him, and so he had already gotten used to being back in the midst of civilization. He had not been in Violet City for long, however, when he received a message from an anonymous client, requesting a meeting with the assassin at a coffee shop in the city.

Being who he was, Jackson hadn't hesitated in responding with the affirmative, especially when the offer of a free drink came up.

As such, that was where he currently was: At the coffee shop, waiting for the man to arrive. Leaning back in his seat, the assassin lazily watched the door, looking for any sign of the informant. He did not have to wait long. A man with long, red hair approached and opened the glass door, entering and casting a short look around before moving toward Jackson, who lowered the feet of his chair down to the floor as he nodded at the man. His client returned the nod, prompting a smile from the assassin as he saw the face under the hat.

"Well, well, well," Jackson said. "This is a surprise... I thought you had left the rebellion life?"

"Publicly, yes," the red-haired man said. "Secretly? No; I'm still very much allied with Team Liberty. But that's not important--I'm just here to give you a job on their behalf, which means this needs to be quick."

"No pressure," Jackson said. "Go ahead--cut to the chase. I'm curious as to why Team Liberty is suddenly interested in my skill set."

"This is why," the red-haired man said, tossing a file onto the table. Jackson raised an eyebrow, glancing around the empty shop before opening it and looking at the files within. Within the papers were several photos, depicting a group of three people within a Team Rocket prison. One was a black-haired man, roughly in his late thirties or early forties, as well as a red-haired woman of about the same age. The third person, however, was a much younger boy--no older than sixteen, at the most. Jackson couldn't help but express his interest--and confusion--with a soft, "Huh."

"Recognize them?"

"Ish." Jackson studied the photos more closely. "Ash and Misty Ketchum, from the looks of it. No idea who the kid is, though."

"That's their son, Darren," the informant said. Jackson shrugged, sliding the file away from himself. "What do they matter?"

"Well, as it happens, the two are powerful trainers, and they're in the process of being put under mind control by Team Rocket," the red-haired man said flatly. "And they aren't the first. Team Liberty would appreciate their liberation."

"Ah," Jackson said. "That all? I thought you'd be bringing a challenge..."

"They're being held in Chapel."

"..." Jackson simply stared at the man for a moment. "Silver... You truly do know how to make peoples' wishes come true, don't you?" He smiled, pushing his chair back and standing up, a grin spread across his face from ear to ear. "Challenge accepted. You let your secret leaders know that their family of legends will be free soon enough--guaranteed."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Lafoyae Belrose, Chapel

Lafoyae calmly walked towards the door that led into Shadow Admin Sleight's office, her pace steady. She opened the door to find that Lt. Surge, Sabrina, and Koga were in there along with Sleight.

"Sir, I received your summons.", Lafoyae told Sleight telepathically, saluting as she did, "What can I do for you?"

OOC: Hey sorry I've been gone. I'm back though, so what's the hippity haps?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: Alright I'm gonna go back few pages to read about the plan so far then make an IC soon.IC: Zac and DarkraiZac went over to the healing machine that would heal his pokemon and quickly restored them to health, and then went over to Vincent and Kaito,"Trust me on this, their power is immense and terrifying..." shadows said, "I've seen much more...a rag tag team such as us won't be enough," "Plus, there is this maniac with shadow powers on this island as well, so we have to deal with him as well," Zac added

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Dack shook his head at Kaito's suggestion. "We're not running away to Nacrene," he said. "Not when we're so close to the Battle Zone. And the plan isn't necessarily to defeat the Darkrai. I want to awaken the people of Sinnoh. Hopefully that will weaken the Darkrai somewhat. You know, less nightmares for them to feed off of. To reiterate the plan, we're heading to the Battle Zone to look for Palmer, the Tower Tycoon of Sinnoh's Battle Frontier. He has a Cresselia which should be able to help. The fact that we're a rag-tag team may actually work in our advantage. A smaller group will attract less attention, and you've all proven that you can handle yourselves in a battle."

As Ryan stepped through the gatehouse and into Opelucid City, for a moment he felt like he was back on Village Bridge. The rural, almost ancient look of the city was similar to the style of the village they had just left, with the obvious exception that this city wasn't on a bridge. "This doesn't look like a mix of old and new," he frowned, looking around. "It just looks old."

IC: Ellen

Mr. Burks sighed as he took a long sip of coffee. "Ellen, would knowing about this war have benefited you in any way? It would only have made you needlessly worry about something too far away to directly affect us. But there's a difference between keeping frightening news from children and keeping it from the entire populace. If no one does anything about the war, it will escalate to the point where Unova really will be in danger. That is why Mr. Ford and Mr. Castle are doing everything they can to end the war before it reaches that point."

"Mr. Castle?" Ellen asked. "Who’s he?"

"David Castle, the head of Déoza," Ellen's father explained. "He supports Ford in his mission, which is why Déoza provides Ford with the weapons he needs."

"I understand why Ford wants to end the war," Ellen frowned. "But does that really justify him blowing up Castelia?"

"Ellen, you have to understand that sometimes people have to do things others would consider questionable in order to achieve a greater good. From what I've heard, the war has escalated in the past several months, which has pushed Ford to this extreme. But I also heard that Ford made sure the entire city was evacuated before the bombs were detonated, so no one got hurt. True, the city got demolished, and I don't think Ford wanted that any more than you did. But the alternative would have been to wait until the war inevitably reached Unova, and then we'd all be in danger. It was the lesser of two evils, so to speak."

"But do you really think blowing up a city will stop the war?" Ellen argued. "Why pick the lesser of two evils when you can choose good? There must have been another way for Ford to get his point across without destroying a city."

Mr. Burks looked at his daughter and sighed. "You're too young to understand this now, Ellen, but sometimes there is no other way. Believe me, if Ford or Castle saw any other option, they would have taken it. When I first heard of Ford's plan to blow up Castelia, I wasn't too fond of it, either. But David Castle trusted that Ford knew what he was doing, so I have to trust him, too."

Ellen's mother, who had been listening to the whole conversation, spoke up. "Who told you all this about Ford, anyway?"

Ellen glanced at both of her parents, wondering how they would react to this news. "It was actually Maddison Hayes, Ford's agent that he sent to blow up Castelia."

IC: Zac"Well, me and shadows were doig that as well, and we already got started," he said as he placed his back pack on a chair and then pulled out a jar and a test tube,"In the vile is a blood sample from a Pokemon that was attack by an Ancient. And this jar, has Shadows' Dark Void. I was thinking, if a Lunar Wing can cure one Pokemon or human who was cast to sleep by normal Darkrai, how many would it take for those effected by a Ancient," Zac said, "If we could figure out how much stronger the Darkrais' Dark voids' are compared to a normal Darkrai like Shadows, we can potientially find a cure. If we manage to find Palmer and his Cresselia, awake, we truly are one step closing to saving Sinnoh,"

"Yeah, I don't know about the blood sample," Karen of the Elite Four frowned as she inspected the vial. "The idea was that if a single Lunar Wing can heal someone who was put to sleep by an ordinary Darkrai, a Cresselia might be able to undo what the Ancients have done."

"Either way, let's get going," Dack said impatiently as he headed back out to the Pokemon Center's lobby. He paused by the Eevee, who was still resting. "The Eevee should be fine here," he said. "Everything in the city is asleep, anyway."

IC: Zac"You got a point, but its gonna take a long time and by the time we do get enough, the whole world could be in darkness," Zac said,

IC - Sonja Baron - Opelucid City: "You'd be surprised," Sonja said to Ryan. "It looks old, but the architecture changes the further you get in the city--especially the architecture inside of the buildings." She shrugged, beginning to walk toward the Pokémon Center. Peering in through its window, she gestured for the others to follow her. "Perfect example right here."

Indeed, it was. While the outside of the building looked to be of an ancient design, the inside was, quite possibly, one of the most computerized designs Ryan and Evan had seen--possibly even dwarfing the design of Plasma Castle. It made the transition from inside to outside rather jarring.

IC - Sleight/Koga/Sabrina/Lt. Surge - Sleight's Office, Chapel: "Agent Belrose; welcome," Sleight said. He was standing at a table near his desk, in the middle of pouring several glasses of wine as Lafoyae entered. The Gym Leaders had taken seats on the couch set on one side of his room, evidently waiting for something. "Please, take a seat--have something to drink, if you wish. We're simply waiting right now, both for Buzz and for Captain Ortrune."

He gestured for Lafoyae to take a seat near the others, before making his way over to them himself, a glass of deep, purple wine in his hand. He grabbed a file--labeled with the name "Soil Colossus Inc."--and handed it to the assassin.

"As you might have guessed, this is an urgent matter," he said. "This company--particularly its leader, a man named Carl Sandrock--has been hard at work as of late, attacking Team Rocket settlements and, quite simply, acting as a rather annoying thorn in our side. While we do not necessarily need the skills you possess as they relate to assassination, I would like you to assist us in removing them from the equation." He took a sip from his drink. "As it turns out, they've been acting as an underground crime syndicate in Hoenn for... well, I can't even begin to recount the years. While the link was only recently found, it confirms suspicions that we have had in the past. Needless to say, we have enough dirt on them to publicly justify their destruction--brutal as it may be. We will not be taking prisoners tonight."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Lafoyae Belrose, Sleight's office

"This may not need my skills as an assassin.", Lafoyae telepathically told Sleight, "But if you need a a capable fighter, I will not disappoint you. The last mission has left me wanting to relieve my stress. I think a fight is all I need to do that."

Lafoyae drank a glass of water she had poured herself. Then the thought hit her. While she may be strong, she still needed back up.

So......

"Sir, if I may ask, could I ask for another pokemon?", Lafoaye said, her mental voice sounding quite uncertain, "While my current team is powerful for my task, I will need more than two pokemon for this. I'd prefer it to be a Fighting Type, if possible, sir."

IC: Feral Tierra, Eterna City

Feral walked amongst the ruined Eterna City, having teleported there after his battle with that Darkrai and Gallade, mulling over what to do next. He had already destroyed the one place Evan Tierra could call home. What else was there?

Then it hit him. He was going to go destroy, or at least devastate, another place dear to Evan Tierra. The place where he got his first pokemon.

The Wayward Cave.

"What?" Ryan said, stunned. The contrast between the outside and the inside of the Pokemon Center looked like two worlds colliding. "Mixture of old and new... you sure weren't kidding." Glancing to his left, he saw that the architecture of the city suddenly became more urbanized, like the inside of the Pokemon Center. "Wow... it's almost like two cities in one."

"Palmer's no pushover," Dack argued. "I'm sure he could keep his Cresselia safe from the Darkrai. Not to mention, they're all busy in Hoenn right now. Now let's not waste anymore time, and get to the Battle Zone." Without waiting for a responce, the Rocket agent walked out of the Pokemon Center.

OOC: If you want the Eevee, now's your chance.

IC - Sonja Baron - Opelucid City: "Yup," Sonja said, moving away with her hands in her pockets. She looked around. "So are we staying here awhile or going straight to Dragonspiral?"

IC - Gavin Braner - Ruins of Alph: The Ruins of Alph had certainly changed a bit since the last time Gavin had been there; he figured it had something to do with the supposed 'outbreak' of Unown a few months back, an event that had, reportedly, left Azalea Town as little more than a shell of its former self. Briefly, Gavin wondered what had happened with them, as he had not heard about any attempts to subdue them or anything.

Not that he cared. Lately, it seemed as if every Pokémon or Pokémon-related thing had some dark secret to it, turning them into monsters as soon as a person's back was turned--the Unown and Azalea's fate, Pryce and whatever had happened with him, the Hypno back in Lavender Town...

The thought still sent a shiver down his spine. Gavin decided to focus on his task of finding a new Pokémon to capture; at least they wouldn't do anything to hurt others. It was only a matter of searching around and finding something, preferably another Dark-Type with which to balance out his team--though, admittedly, he figured it was more likely that he would find a Psychic-Type around here, given the huge amounts of psychic power that the remaining Unown created at any given moment.

Really, though, he didn't care. As long as he found a Psychic, Ghost, or Dark-Type, he was happy.

IC - Sleight - Sleight's Office, Chapel: Sleight nodded. "It would be my pleasure," he said. "The Breeding Center on Level 3 has a wide variety of Pokémon available for adoption; you may head down there and choose one to take. Meet us on the heliplatforms in three hours--that should be enough time to prepare." The Shadow Admin of Kanto moved back to his desk, typing something on his computer. "I'll send word that you are headed there, Miss Belrose; you should find them quite pleasant. That being said, you are all dismissed--so be sure to gear up."

The Gym Leaders nodded, Koga and Surge looking slightly confused due to not having heard Lafoyae's questions toward Sleight. Sabrina, however, stood for a moment, before nodding at Lafoyae and departing, a younger Team Rocket officer--a woman, roughly nineteen or twenty--arriving at the office as the Leaders and Lafoyae exited. Moments later, Buzz arrived, entering after her.

He waited for Captain Ortrune to finish her salute before bowing slightly to Sleight. "My apologies for arriving late, sir," he said, a somewhat sarcastic tone to his voice. "I received your call in the middle of a structural repair. You know, not something that could be abandoned on the spot and all."

"I get it," Sleight said. "That's not important right now, Max." He looked at Jessica Ortrune, nodding at her. "You received the report I said, correct?" The captain nodded. "Then would you be so kind as to fill in Shadow Admin Buzz on the details of this mission?"

"Sir," Ortrune said. "An elite team of Rocket agents--including Squad Delta-42; Gym Leaders Koga, Sabrina, Surge; Agent Lafoyae Belrose; and Shadow Admins Buzz and..." She seemed to hesitate for a moment. "Shadow Admin Sleight--are to launch an infiltration and destruction attack on the primary headquarters of Soil Colossus, Incorporated. Our objective is to ensure the full dismantle of, and the elimination of all conspiring leaders within, the organization. Prisoners will not be taken."

"Sounds intense," Buzz said. He frowned as he considered the mission further. "Wait... Soil Colossus... Is that the same group that Joker got involved in? The one that wanted the Manaphy from Unova? The one that...?" He clenched his fists in anger.

"... attacked Paradise in a successful attempt to kidnap Team Liberty Executive Selene Ashera, better known as 'Silvermind,' from within Team Rocket's prisons?" Sleight finished for the Shadow Admin of Hoenn, hardly paying attention to the two people before him as he typed on his computer. "Indeed they are. Which means this is a chance for you to have your revenge... among other things." He glanced up at Buzz, the look in his eyes implying silent danger.

The Bug-Specialist felt uneasy at this look, though did not say anything--for the moment. Instead, he watched as Sleight dismissed Ortrune, giving her an order to prepare her agents. Her departure left the two Shadow Admins alone. "I take it something is wrong?" Buzz asked.

"You might say that," Sleight answered. "Let me put it simply for you, Max. I am a wholehearted believer in the beginner's learning curve; as such, I am willing to overlook a certain degree of failure in new Executives and Admins. However..." He steeped his fingers, looking up at Buzz from behind his hands as he placed his elbows on the desk. "Your track record is one of particular shame for me. On my orders, you managed to eliminate Heather when it became obvious that she could no longer perform her duties to this government. Because of that, I was more than willing to overlook your failure in finishing off Markus Aleivy. Since then, however, I have seen nothing but reports of failure and disaster from Hoenn, turbulent as the region may be."

"I can explain that," Buzz said quietly.

"I'm not interested, particularly because you already have," Sleight said, glancing to another file on his desk that contained reports from Hoenn. "Like I said, I'm willing to accept a certain degree of failure for new leaders. You've exceeded the limit. Allowing not one, but two hostile organizations to break into Paradise--on two separate occasions, one right after the other, with many of the attackers involved being the same from the first strike. Failing to even attempt to repel the Darkrai when they arrived in Hoenn, or at least studying them while they were busy fighting against the various Legendary Pokémon that had gathered against them, something even Bounty was willing to do. And then, this recent development with Team Aqua and the ascent of power by this 'James Pierce' character, the former mess of which I was forced to clean up..." He stared straight into Buzz's eyes, the cold, gray circles seeming to create a block of ice in Buzz's stomach.

"I will say this once, and once only," Sleight said. "You walk a thin line. Consider this mission to be your proof of redemption. If you survive it, if you manage to actually help us complete our objective, then you will have restored my faith in you, and I will leave your position in peace. Otherwise, consider your tenure as Shadow Admin of Hoenn to be over." He placed his hands on his desk again, leaning back in his seat and beginning to type once more. "Keep that in mind as you get ready. You are excused."

"Yes, sir," Buzz said quietly, turning and leaving the office.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Justin Icewater, Dream WorldThe Karrablast lunged forward again, attempting another Megahorn, but missed its target. Unfortunately for it, the target was Darkon. The Pawniard thrust his arm down onto the wild Pokemon, cutting into it."Well," Justin said, averting his eyes. "Good job today. Let's go back to the actual realm." He looked up, and was shocked to see a very large bird fly through the sky. It was green and purple in color."Hm."