Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

-==IC: Opelucid City==-

To the keen eyed observer, however, as the group scanned the landscape, especially closer to the gatehouse leaving Opelucid, they would notice an oddly shaped pile of snow, which seemed a lot larger than other piles nearby. And... Was that maybe a pokeball laying near the snow pile?

IC: Dionysus' eyes nearly popped out of their sockets in sheer shock of the force which was delivered to his gut at that moment. Richard's nearly did too, for the fact that a giant Snorlax was currentlly flying past him. The reason why they probably didn't was the same reason why 'past' was not 'at.' More specifically, Richard dropped to all fours at that moment nearly breaking his Violin had he not caught himself at the perferct moment.

"Phew..." Richard said as he pulled out Dionysus' pokeball and returned the giant.

Hades appeared with a frown. He knew who was next.

"Well, it's time for the grand finale Hades!"

Hades stayed still.

"Git," he said pushing him onto the field.

Hades stayed quite depressed until familiar notes hit his ears. The notes of the Ode to Joy being played by Richard's violin filled his ears and cancelled out all other noise. He became more relaxed and focused.

Ah well, one more battle probably won't kill me.

Taking a deep breath, the Sableye let forth bolts of Confuse Ray.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

IC: Ryan

"As much as I'd love to look around, we should probably head to Dragonspiral Tower," Ryan said. As he crossed over to the more modern half of the city, he noticed a lone Pokeball laying off to the side. "Hey, did anyone drop a Pokeball?" he asked the crowd of people walking through the city. When no one answered, the Liberty trainer bent down to pick it up, wondering if there was a Pokemon inside.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Opelucid City==-As a matter of fact, there was a Pokemon inside... An oddly familiar Zangoose, which seemed agitated for some reason, and motioning toward the snow pile it had been beside.

IC: Zac and ShadowsZac and Shadows nodded and followed the rocket agent.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Dack

The group headed over to the port on in the southeastern area of the sleeping city. "It shouldn't take long for us to reach the Battle Zone," Dack said. "At least, not as long as it took to get from Johto to Sinnoh."

When they reached the port, Karen and Luke helped to scout out a ship sturdy enough to break through the thick ice that had formed around the harbor.

"What the...?" Ryan said as he looked at the snow pile. Wondering what the Zangoose could be so agitated about, Ryan sent out Quil. "Could you melt that snow drift?" the Liberty trainer asked.

With a roar, the Typhlosion activated the flames on his back. The intense heat quickly started to melt the pile of snow. Ryan stood back, ready for anything.

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: ZacZac had made it to the dock and saw the ice, "I'm gonna try to loosen the ice a bit," Zac said,He tossed two I his pokeballs into the air and called out Z-pup and Digger,"Digger, use drill run on the ice, Z-pup, help soften the ice by using flame wheel," Zac said,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC Kaito

"Let's see if we can speed this up. Ka! Let's go!" The Volcarona appeared out of its Poke ball. "Boost your power with Quiver Dance, then melt the ice with Heat Wave!" A huge wave of pure heat energy radiated out from Ka, melting a huge crater in the ice. "Keep melting the ice until we can set sail!"

aouROFb.png

IC: ZacThe Excadrill started to drill through the ice, with frost and ice dust flying through the air, while Z-pup had turned himself ino a fiery wheel, running across the ice, leaving behind a trail of steam. He was near the crater of Volcarona, where he was hit by the heat wave, which boosted his fire powers due to his abiltity, and caused his flames to become bigger, and sent out more steam behind him,

From the bow of the ship, Dack sent out his Luxray to help break the ice with its electric attacks. "Alright, it looks good," the Rocket agent called when enough of the ice had been cleared away. "Come on board."

"Ray?!" Ryan cried in surprise. "Don't tell me you slept out here in the cold!"

IC: ZacZac returned Excardrill, with Z-Pup walking beside him to the ship. They got on board with Shadows following them.

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray groaned, as he sat up, and rubbed his head.

"What hit me..." Ray muttered, and blinked, as he looked up with a start, realizing why he woke up, and who woke him up.

"What; why are you- What.." Ray looked around, and his eyes widened as he noticed it was morning.

"What happened..." Ray muttered, and his eyes widened further as he remembered why he was there.

"We have to get to Dragonspiral. NOW. This is a matter of life and death; we have to get there before Black. I can't explain exactly what's going on, we don't have time, but it's worse than we thought." Ray said with a grim look on his face, as he stood up quickly. If they looked closely, they would notice both Zangetsu and Ray looked like they had been through a very rough time; which was odd, considering Ray had only left the prior evening.

He got the jump on me. But if I can't stop this, then whatever happens will be my fault.

IC - Sonja Baron - Opelucid City: "What--but you were just asleep under a pile of snow!" Sonja said. "You don't think you need to, you know, rest a while or let us go ahead while you recover?"

Once again, Ray's ability to defy the laws of physics and biology managed to completely confound the Liberty Agent.

OOC: Minun and Nara, considering how long the battle's been going on, you guys might want to wrap it up soon--something tells me one of you should have lost by now.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Ray//Opelucid City==-"It wasn't that deep." Ray said, though winced slightly."I think the heat that I felt as I was waking up warmed me enough to head out. Besides, I don't know if even all us combined can stop what will happen..." Ray said with a frown, though muttered the last part more to himself than anyone else.

IC: Lafoyae Belrose, Chapel Lafoyae, after being dismissed, had headed over to the breeding center on level 3, eager to have another pokemon to join her. The breeding center was full of hustle and bustle, with many scientists walking about, many pokemon following them. She was approached by a man who exuded an air of professionalism. "You must be Agent Lafoyae.", the man said, "Shadow Admin Sleight told us to aid you in your choosing of a new pokemon to add to your team. What would you prefer?" "Something nimble and strong.", Lafoyae told the man telepathically, "I would prefer it to be a fighting type." "Well, there is one pokemon that I think fits the bill.", the man said, "But it can't take many hits. The pokemon in question is a special Infernape we have trained. It's proficiency with fisticuffs is quite astounding." Lafoaye's eyes lit up at this development. She needed another pokemon whose attacks could flow with hers. This Infernape would be perfect for that! "I'll take him.", Lafoyae said, "I'll take good care of him." With that, the man lead her to what appeared to be a dojo of sorts. In there was an Infernape, punching with eye watering speed. He then saw the man and Lafoyae enter and bowed. "You'll be joining me.", Lafoyae said telepathically to the Infernape, her voice sounding gentle, "I must ask you to do your best for me. In return, I'll show you what it really means to fight." The Infernape nodded and bowed. He then stood still as Lafoyae took a poke ball out of her belt and captured him. "That will be all." Lafoyae said telepathically, "I'll give your division a good word for this." "Good luck, Agent Belrose!" the man said. With that, Lafoyae headed out of the Breeding Center, marveling at the new team member she had..... OOC: New team member for Lafoyae

Species: InfernapeNickname: No NicknameTrainer: Lafoyae BelroseAppearance: No different from a regular InfernapePersonality: Jolly and always looking for a fight, this Infernape is respectful of Lafoyae and her other pokemon. He seeks to improve himself constantly.Ability: Iron FistSpecialty: Speedy Physical strikes, mostly with his fists.Known Moves: Mach Punch, Fire Punch (Egg Move), Thunderpunch (Egg Move), Double Kick (Egg Move), Close Combat, and Acrobatics

OOC: Yo, Blade, you wanna get Kyle and Summer moving? :P

IC - Sonja Baron - Opelucid City: "True, but from the sounds of it you were out here literally all night. In the middle of the street. In the snow. Long enough to get buried. In temperatures below thirty degrees. In snow. Which is ice," Sonja said, with ever increasing emphasis on her points. When none of this seemed to even phase Ray a little bit, she sighed, stopping herself from exhibiting any real frustration at the illogicality of the situation, before pushing Ray toward the road that would lead them to the tower. "Fine, never mind! I'll just figure out how you avoided at least being mildly cold on the way to Dragonspiral. Now get going!"

IC - Sleight/Buzz/GLs/Ortrune and her Squad - Helipads: The assembled team was waiting at the helipads on the roof when Lafoyae arrived, all of them wearing their own personal sets of battle equipment--uniforms with specialized armor material, essentially. Three choppers were prepped for takeoff; by one of these, half of Ortrune's squad stood with Lt. Surge and Ortrune herself, the other half waiting by a secondary helicopter with Koga and Buzz. That left the third vehicle for Sabrina, Lafoyae, and Sleight--the lattermost of whom was nowhere in sight.

Minutes after Lafoyae's arrival, however, another small group of agents arrived, ascending up the stairs. At their head was Sleight, wearing black engagement equipment with decals matching the color of his eyes. Behind him, Executives Matthew McKlellen and John Riley followed. The group moved toward Sabrina and Lafoyae's helicopter.

"Let's not waste time," McKellen called, holding a hand and motioning for everyone to board their transport. "Everyone on board!"

Quickly, the assembled force did as instructed, taking their seats within the helicopters. Without a word, McKellen and Riley boarded after Sabrina and Lafoyae, with Sleight following behind quietly. As soon as the doors were closed, the helicopters took off, seeming to disappear as camouflage mechanisms activated on their exterior surfaces.

"Estimated arrival time is four hours," the pilot called.

Sleight nodded, his expression focused. "Time enough to mentally prepare ourselves," he said quietly. The Shadow Admin of Kanto looked at Lafoyae. "In the meantime--I trust you were able to find what you were looking for, Agent Belrose?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Ray==-"I wasn't out here 'all' night; I was attacked at around 2-ish." Ray pointed out, and shook his head."Didn't say I wasn't cold, though..." Ray said, shivering slightly, even as he walked.OOC: When I said he was buried, I meant more the 'he has snow on top of him', the amount you'd get if you laid out in the snow for about an hour or so. =P I'm assuming it didn't snow every single minute from overnight to when they found Ray, hence me having him brush it off. >>'-==IC: Summer==-After a little while of watching airplanes fly past, Summer heard a crunching noise in the snow behind her, and turned around to see Zach approaching."Yo; sorry I'm late. I kinda slept in." Zach said with a slightly sheepish look on his face; however, it looked as if he hadn't slept at all.

OOC: It really hasn't been going that long (though I may check the count of posts just to be sure), just school/writer's block/overall complete and utter laziness on my end kept me from posting. The way I see it though is that Richard will lose (as he really should have had but all three reasons stated before made it necessary for other people to forfeit). Nara and I should have a quick posting session and finish the match because I admit that I have honestly (but not on purposely) made this tournament drag out longer than it should have.

Then I just have to figure out what to have Richard do afterwards.

And to Blade, we probably should be doing stuff with Lucia and Jamie :P . We both sort of just left them there.

IC: James and Guinevere appeared at their destination warping in at the outskirts to the city. It was large and bustling but nowhere near to that of Celadon or Saffron and thus not really impressing James much. But he had work to do.

Alright to time to start causing little bits of havok... Where to start?

"How convenient, a convenience store," he muttered mainly to himself. "Come forth Mordred."

The Weavile appeared from his pokeball and looked pretty happy to out of it.

"Mordred do you see that convenience store over there? In about 10 minutes I need you to break in and rob it. Take anything you want."

The Weavile looked suprised. Somewhat pleasantly suprised, but this wasn't what James normally asked.

"We need to cause a little of chaos around here to draw of their forces away from their base. May or may not work but worth a shot."

Mordred shrugged his shoulders and left for somewhere to wait.

He had similar conversations with Percival and Lancelot telling the Chandelure to cause general chaos in a fancy jeweler while the Scizor to go crazy in a gym (human, non-pokemon affiliated gym with treadmills and such) and wreck machinery.

A fair start, but we may need to go slightly bigger to warrant investigation from the base... he thought as he approached the mall.

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

OOC: Yeah, we should. xD I'm just not entirely certain what to do with Lucia right at this point. Maybe try and work on getting a couple of her Pokemon evolved, though I'm not sure what the state of Lucia's Pokemon are, due to everything that happened in the alt dimension arc, since they were out for nearly every fight, but half the time, were busy healing others in the vicinity. =P

"You were attacked?" Ryan frowned. He thought for a moment before asking, "What'll happen if we don't make it to Dragonspiral Tower in time?"

With Luke at the wheel, the ship pulled away from the harbor and began to make its way for the Battle Zone. Dack continued to stand at the bow of the ship, watching their progress and making sure they didn't run into any danger.

-==IC: Ray==-"I don't know the exact details." Ray admitted, but frowned grimly."However, I do realize that there's a lot of people being played in this situation, and if we don't stop this plan from being able to happen, then, I'd be willing to bet quite a few people will die."

IC: Roderick

Roderick slowly peered out of a corner at the end of the hallway, he could see some Rocket guards coming on and forth with military discipline. He could also see some operatives and even some pokémon going through the facility.

"Seems awefully busy for just a research facility" he mumbled to himself.

"Well, let's get this started" He said as he accomodated his glasses and stepped forward.

IC: Mina and Jake

"Well, we are finally here, Mandarin Island" Said Jake, even as he stretched and yawned.

Mina jumped out of the boat and eagerly started running in place. "Come on, let's hurry up, I'm really nervous about this". With that, she started running towards the forest.

"Alright, alright" Said Jake as he followerd her.

Firma_Rigure.jpg
Credit for the signature goes to LMKMARAVILLOSO
qs64464.jpg
Every puzzle has an answer

The journey to the Battle Zone was largely uneventful, and before long Dack could see the island on the horizon, rapidly approaching. Excellent, he thought with a smile. Now all we have to do is find Palmer... and hope that he's awake.

Suddenly the ship lurched to a halt with enough force to knock Dack off balance. "What the--? Why'd we stop?" he hollared as he picked himself up and rushed into the ship's cabin.

"We hit something," Luke replied. "It must have been an underwater rock or something. Do any of you have a water Pokemon that could check and see what it was?"

The ship lurched again, knocking both Dack and Luke off their feet. Dack ran back out to the deck to see what was going on. He saw a dorsal fin moving through the water. Another dorsal fin surfaced. And another. And another. As one of the fins dashed toward the side of the ship, Dack managed to catch a glimpse of what the fin belonged to -- a Sharpedo -- before the force of the collision knocked him back again.

Standing back up, the Rocket agent saw that the ship was surrounded by Sharpedo. "We've got to stop these Sharpedo!" he cried. "Before they tear a hole in the ship!"

"I see," Ryan nodded. He was glad they had dropped Ellen off at her house before continuing to Dragonspiral Tower, and he felt like he understood why Ray had run off the night before. Although their Christmas party had been fun, if whatever Black was planning at Dragonspiral Tower succeeded because they had delayed...

Ryan shook the thought out of his head. "Well, there's no time to waste, is there? We'll just have to get there as fast as we can." He quickened his pace a little as they approached the western gatehouse of Opelucid City.

IC: Ellen

Ellen's mother, who had been listening to the whole conversation, spoke up. "Who told you all this about Ford, anyway?"

Ellen glanced at both of her parents, wondering how they would react to this news. "It was actually Maddison Hayes, Ford's agent that he sent to blow up Castelia."

"One of Ford's agents?!" Mrs. Burks said in surprise. "How did you meet her?"

Ellen sighed. She didn't want to worry her parents, but there was no way out now. "We were trying to stop her from blowing up the city, and she took Sonja and me hostage at the top of one of the central buildings. The others in our group managed to rescue us. We were able to teleport out of the city unharmed -- barely -- but we were too late to stop the bombs."

"Oh, how horrible!" Ellen's mother exclaimed. "That must have been scary."

"It was," Ellen nodded. "But I had faith that our friends would save us."

"These friends of yours," Mr. Burks said slowly. "If they were trying to stop Ford's agent… are they a part of the war?"

"They did say they were chasing a criminal," Ellen's mom recalled. "Maybe they were talking about this Maddison Hayes."

"No, no, they're chasing a different criminal," Ellen quickly explained. "Someone who goes by the codename 'Black.'"

"But a regular Unovan wouldn't ignore the evacuation orders," Ellen's father said. "And Ford made sure that Team Plasma's officers left the city themselves once everyone was evacuated. If your friends ignored the evacuation and tried to stop Ford's agent, then that must mean that they're part of the war. Am I right?"

"N-no…" Ellen stuttered, averting her eyes.

"Don't lie to me, Ellen," Mr. Burks warned. "Are these friends of yours fighting in the war?"

"Well… yes," Ellen admitted in a quiet voice. "But they aren't here in Unova because of the war!"

"I don't care. I don't want you hanging around those people ever again! They're dangerous, not to mention a bad influence."

"But they're not here because of the war at all!" Ellen cried, on the verge of tears. "In fact, the group is a mix of people from both sides of the war! H-how can you s-say that about them?"

Mr. Burks' face softened as he knelt near his daughter and told her gently yet firmly, "Look Ellen. I'm sure they are all very nice people. But if they insist on fighting this war, then that makes them an enemy of Ford. And I know what kind of power Ford has. I have no doubt that Ford's agent was trying to kill you and your friends in Castelia. It sounds cold-hearted, but she was simply eliminating anyone who tried to stop Ford's plan. What if you hadn't been able to teleport away in time? I couldn't bear the thought of losing you. Please try to understand; it's for your own safety that I don't want you associating with those people."

Ellen nodded through her tears. "I… I understand."

IC: Zac Zac felt the ship moving around and saw the Sharpedo, "Shouldn't they be asleep?! Or did the ancients forget the fishes?" Zac pulled out Bite's and Valor's Pokeballs and sent him out, "Bite jump ino the water and use Bite on one of them, Valor, use Sky Drop on one of them!" The two nodded, Totodile jumped into the Water and went to bite one of the shark pokemon, while Valor went into the air and charged at one of the Sharpedoes to pick them up. Shadows got off the ship and chared a Dark pulse, seeing that using Thuder do more harm than good here, "Dark Pulse!" he yelled as he sent a ball of energy at one of the Sharpedoes,

OOC: I was actually meaning to lose fairly soon. Kongo's poisoned and hurt, and Melon's half-fainted.IC - Zac Flash, PNT, UnovaThe Night Shade hit true, knocking Kongo to the ground.Crit.His appearance changed; his body became stiff and blue, and he pulled in his limbs and had a blank expression on his face. "Zen Mode," Zac said, having never seen it before. "Hm.." He frowned, as Kongo stopped levitating. The poison kicked in, doing enough to faint the Darmanitan."Tsk," Zac said, recalling his Pokemon. He sent out his final Pokemon, Melon's second appearance."Ancientpower."IC - Eric and Pierce, Olivine City, JohtoDusknoir grinned as Jared withdrew his arms; he grabbed Jared's torso tight and threatened with a floating Will-o-wisp.Try not to squirm too much.

OOC: Let's go to Azalea! I want an excuse to catch a Slowpoke for Jamie :P

IC: Hades began a run and recover combo which minimized damage from the Ancientpower but still left a mark.

"That Kecleon again. No more Nightshade then. Try Fury Swipes!"

The Sableye lept towards the Kecleon grinning and claws bared ready to swipe at its face.