Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Evan Tierra and Klim Prizak

"First of all, I'd like to state that you should steer clear of Unova for the time being.", Evan said, his face betraying no emotion, "A terrible devastation has occurred there, and it'd be best to leave them alone. Now the other reason why we are here..."

".......Is to ask for your aid in taking down the Darkrai.", Klim said, "We've waited long enough, it's time to fight them. We are the heroes of the Creation Trio. It is our mission to defeat them."

"We'll need a few members of your organization to aid us in this final battle.", Evan said, "We'll need battle-hardened trainers to aid us. So, can you help us with this?"

IC - Justin Iredsi, Lilycove City, Hoenn"Don't know," Justin replied, not turning around and jumping over the counter, in order to heal his Pokemon. "I just got here from... Nevermind. What brings you to my hometown?"OOC: So, about carrying legendaries with our characters, what happened to the Regice Justin brought back, way back during the invasion of Four Island? I know he used it to awaken Regigigas, but I don't recall anything afterwards?In short, permission to reclaim that Regice? Edited by Nara

IC: Dack/Karen/Palmer"Well, I'm ready," Karen said as the group stepped out of the gates at the entrance of the Battle Frontier. "I'd be happy to show you to the docks, if you want," Palmer offered. OOC: There's really no reason for me to control Karen beyond here, so feel free to take control of her, Constructman and Dralcax. I made a(n incomplete) list of her Pokemon and their moves on the wiki, but feel free to give them additional moves. These are just the moves her Pokemon have used so far.

IC: Ryan

Ryan swam in the Alamo's aquatic center, trying to take his mind off everything that had happened in Unova. The aquatic center was usually reserved for training, but right now it was completely empty -- most Liberty agents were out on missions, it seemed -- so Ryan was able to use it for recreation. Dewott spiraled happily through the water below him, while Togie flew through the air above, occasionally darting into the water to try and grab Dewott. After several failed attempts at snatching the otter, Togie gave up and flew back to the side of the pool, where Entei, Quil, and Ryan's other Pokemon sat and watched.

After swimming a few laps, Ryan too grew tired and turned on his back to float lazily in the water. He closed his eyes and smiled, recalling how he had used to float for hours in the river near Fortree as a kid. The thought of home formed a knot in the Liberty trainer's stomach. No matter how much he tried to relax, his thoughts kept turning to the fact that the Ancient Darkrai were out there. Hoenn was probably conquered by now, and Kanto and Johto were probably next on their hit list. We have to stop them, before it's too late, he thought. But of course... we seem to have a knack for being too late. After Castelia... and Accumula Town... who's to say this won't turn out any different?

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: Ecketzal: A profile would probs be a good idea.

Nara: Go ahead. That kind of situation is actually why I decided to make that change--nothing else was working in terms of stopping Legendaries and such from dropping off the face of the earth after being recruited.

On another note--not that anyone will probably ever reach this number--but since Gen. 6 is coming out, I'm thinking of raising the Pokémon limit from 20 to 30. Just because why not, you know?

IC - Goldhawk et all - Conference Room: "Team Liberty has made a point of avoiding operations in Unova," Lorne pointed out. "So you can rest assured that we won't be changing that anytime soon--especially since we're aware of the nature of what happened there today."

Goldhawk nodded in affirmation. "As for the Darkrai, we can't provide any heavy firepower at the current time, but we can offer a number of trainers and Legendary Pokémon to assist you," he said. "As things stand, we were just discussing potential ways to go about combating them, particularly after the results of the last fight against the Darkrais' combined power..."

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Violet City: As Gavin approached the gate back into Violet City, he was surprised to find Ethan leaning against the wooden post, searching for him. He motioned for the younger trainer to come toward him.

"You still thinking of leaving Team Rocket?" he asked quietly. Gavin stared at him curiously, eyes half closed in annoyance.

"What of it?" he answered.

Ethan shook his head slightly, standing up straight. "Follow me," he said, beginning to lead the way to the Pokémon Center. "There's something that I think you would be very interested in seeing..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Alrighty then. ^-^IC - Justin Iredsi, Lilycove City, Hoenn"Heh," Justin said, as the lights of the machine flashed on and off, furthering illuminating the Center. Finally, he turned to face who he was talking to. "Oh. That's a nice mask there."He paused, pondering whether or not he should ask a question that could cause a battle, probably destroying the Center. "Well," he began, retrieving his Pokeballs. "Are you with the Rockets?"

OOC: By the way, Parugi, is Entei's profile approved?

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC Stark"Assassinations, theft, sabotage yadda yadda yadda." As Justin's manectric began to circle him, Jacob rolled my shoulders, warming up. "So he's trying to intimidate me..." Jacob's coat fluttered so that his SMG was clearly visible for a few seconds. "I'm not one for bureaucracy though; I do the field work."

Edited by Constructman

OOC: Actually, Justin's Manetric was circling the room, but I'll make do.IC - Justin Iredsi, Lilycove City, HoennPetty firearms.. Great."Well then," Justin said, backing into the hallway Darkon was in. "We really have no business together." He quietly released Plush, his Munna, behind him, into the shadows.

IC - Seth:

"Well," Seth replied, putting his feet up. As informal as he was acting, a very serious tone came from his words, with a very obvious respect towards his superiors emanating from him. "I came across information telling me two things of great use to us." Seth paused to let out a yawn. "The first being, that we know where they are going to be. They're going to head for the Sinjoh Ruins, where they intend to use the Elemental Plates in order to gain more power and unleash their master, quite possibly the most powerful Darkrai known. How they really plan to go about it, I have no idea."

"Second of all, they are gathering energy from the Void Towers. So, if they something were to cause them to be taken down... Well, they would have nowhere to gain power from, and without the Towers being there to sustain their Dark Void, people would begin to wake up."

Seth lowered his feet, and stood up, stretching. "So, the plan is simple. We have a group head out to take down the Void Towers, while we have a second team, lead by myself, as well as my accomplices Evan and Klim, which will head out to Sinjoh Ruins to take the Darkrai on ourselves." The Hero of Time reached into his back pocket, pulling out a hair band, and tied his hair back into a ponytail. "Preferably, the first group would be primarily Legendary Pokemon, as they would be able to travel faster between the regions. The second group would be on a voluntary basis, considering how dangerous this is actually going to be."

Seth glanced at Evan. "I can sense that my friend here has a couple suggestions, so I'll hand over the reins to him right now." With that said, Seth fell back into his chair, putting his feet up and leaning back with his hands behind his head.

~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

IC: Evan Tierra, Four Island

"I have an idea of who can join Seth, Klim and myself for our mission.", Evan said, "Ryan Sanders and Kyle Eston. Those two have demonstrated immense bravery under fire. They'll be most helpful. I'd like to know what Legendary Pokemon you have to aid us with, as well as any Gym leaders and other tough trainers."

Evan leaned back in his chair, wondering how Kyle and Ryan would feel about seeing him after he died........

Edited by Hades

-==IC: Ray==-"I'd like to volunteer to help as well." Ray said, as he spoke for the first time in the meeting, nodding to Evan."As for others who could help; maybe Zach here-" Ray started to suggest; however, the formerly quiet Liberty member looked over at Ray, an odd look on his face."No. I'm not going to put everyone at risk, not like before." Zach started, a distant tone to his voice, as if he were only partially present at the meeting.

IC - Zac Flash, Unova"Hey!""Stop him!""Block the entrance!"Tsk, Zac thought, swinging his branch wildly and catching up to Jaws and Kongo. He looked over to his left and just barely avoided a Fire Blast from an opposing Heatmor. It did, however, burn his branch to a crisp, so Zac threw it behind him, hoping that the ashes would create somewhat of a smoke.Unfortunately, he was wrong."That's cute," a grunt said. "Beheeyem, Wonder Room!"Zac heard an odd Pokemon's cry, and suddenly, the ground in front of him was changed, from a mossy stone to what looked like a virtual reality center. The walls were becoming distorted and he lost almost all sense of direction. The only openings to the outside were the entrance of the temple, and the entrance to another room ahead. Jaws and Kongo were also caught, it seems, and they ran back to Zac."Weavile, Emboar, no holds barred!"The Weavile dashed forward, preparing a Night Slash, while the Emboar began a reckless charge, head first towards Zac.

OOC: Konuju: Yes it is.

So, guys, apparently OTC RPGs can have discussion topics now? Do you think that's something we should consider or no? At the very least it would make tracking profiles easier.

IC - Goldhawk/Vert/Lorn - Conference Room: Goldhawk rubbed his chin in thought. "Well, I can't speak for Sanders or Eston, considering they just returned from Unova," he said. "You'd have to speak with them yourself. I'd also suggest speaking with Fantina, Byron, and Volkner--I'm sure they would be very interested in the opportunity to remove the darkness around Sinnoh, and to my understanding they have yet to officially partake in any Team Liberty missions. Further, Blackskull would probably be willing to accompany you--he knows Dark-Types like the back of his hand, after all."

"I have a suggestion for the Void Towers," Vert said suddenly. Goldhawk looked at her in slight surprise, though did not interrupt her. "The group of Legendaries that banded against the Darkrai in Lilycove are, to my knowledge, almost back to full strength. That gets you four Deoxys--including the Alpha--Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, and a group of six Latios and Latias. Considering how they held their own against the Ancients, I'd imagine the destruction of a few shadow towers would be like child's play for them." She adjusted her glasses, eying Seth, Kinali, and Evan curiously. "Not to mention it gives you a formidable force without taking away a huge chunk of Team Liberty's own protection."

"I agree," Lorn said, adding a "Surprisingly," under his breath. "Team Magma and Bounty's Separatists could also provide a bit of support there." He looked at Seth. "How soon do you think you'll be ready to get this going?"

IC - Jackson Sang - Indigo Plataeu: The thick mists of morning clouded Jackson's elevated view of Chapel as he stood atop one of the many cliff sides of Victory Road, arms crossed as he observed the Rocket facility's front defenses. Armed guards stood at every door and window, as well as the rooftop, searching for any potential threats. Indeed, were it not for his Ditto creating a disguise in front of him, Jackson mused that he would have been fired at or called out by now.

Still, getting in wasn't going to be very difficult--pretending it would be was simply a matter of good fun. No; he was well-known enough that he would essentially be able to walk right in using some bogus story about being hired again by Sleight to carry out another job. The somewhat-but-not-really difficult part would be finding Ketchum and his wife and son and getting them out of the base undetected. Jackson had several ideas about how to go about that, though all of them, unfortunately, had a major flaw that rendered them unusable.

In short, he was going to have to improvise. Not a bad thing.

Turning around, he motioned for Tracer to follow him, recalling the Ditto to his Pokéball once he was sufficiently out of sight. He rubbed his chin as he descended the the slope, contemplating his plan. Jumping down the last few feet, Jackson began walking along the road toward the base...

IC - Gavin Braner/Ethan Worth - Violet City: A large crowd had gathered around the wall-mounted television sets in the Pokémon Center, prompting a raised eyebrow from Gavin as he entered the place behind Ethan. For his part, the older Team rocket agent was managing to keep a rather calm demeanor, though many of the others seemed distressed for one reason or another. Curious, Gavin moved forward, watching the report.

To his surprise, it was a news report. Clips were being shown of Sleight giving a speech from his office, his shoulders hung low with fatigue, an exhaustion betrayed even further by his eyes. The subject of the report?

Buzz's death at the hands of a faux-drilling company called Soil Colossus, Inc., which had revealed itself as a terrorist organization to Team Rocket several months before, though its true nature was only publicly coming to light now. According to Sleight, Buzz had been killed in an attack that had prompted a retaliation, though the presence of the darkness in Hoenn had made attempts to return fire futile. Even so, activity from the group had mysteriously died down shortly after, suggesting they had finally fallen to the Darkrai.

"What exactly is the point of showing me this?" Gavin asked Ethan.

The Bug-Type trainer shrugged. "You haven't heard about Bounty, have you?" he asked. "Separated from Team Rocket a few weeks ago. That leaves only two leaders left--Sleight and Joker." He stared at Gavin, who didn't respond with any particular reaction. "Do you realize the implications of this?"

"That the government is being destabilized?" he guessed. Ethan nodded. "I got that, thanks." He shook his head slightly. "Amazing how much can change in a year... So we've lost Hoenn both to this 'Hojohsin League' and the Darkrai, on top of Sinnoh to Bounty and--again--the Darkrai. And two Shadow Admins killed within that time..." Gavin sighed. "Why should I stick around, exactly?"

"Think about it," Ethan said. "If Team Rocket loses anymore of its power, the entire country is going to be in chaos. It'll leave room for people like Team Liberty to move in--or worse. It's not something you want to see happen."

"One person doesn't make a difference," Gavin pointed out.

"True," Ethan agreed. "But do you want to take that chance?"

Gavin stayed silent for a moment, watching the crowd of anxious people. No doubt they, too, were trying to come to grips with the reality of what was currently happening to Team Rocket's rule... "What if it's for the better?" he asked. "Team Liberty isn't a bad organization--Sleight just likes to paint them that way."

"But neither is Team Rocket," Ethan countered. "Which emphasizes the point I'm failing to make. Both groups are enough alike that a power merge is the best option--it avoids the potential of Ford or someone similar taking over. But that can't happen if all of the Team Liberty sympathizers joins Team Liberty--we need people working in Team Rocket to help get them to realize the benefits of making peace and joining forces." He crossed his arms, staring at Gavin. "So, think about it. Why not help me spread that kind of thinking? It avoids more disaster than it creates."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Personally, I don't think we need a discussion topic. It would be one more thing to keep track of, and using OOC in this topic seems to work fine for discussions. It might work for profiles, but we already have your blog entry for that. Although we might be able to use it for what you've used other blog entries for, such as the loose plot ends or that massive summary that we haven't really started yet.

IC: Dack

As they headed toward the docks, Dack suddenly remembered why the name Genesect sounded so familiar. "When I was in Unova, I actually encountered a Genesect on Undella beach," he said. "It flew off to the west. Not sure if that helps any, but if you're not sure where to start..." The Rocket member shrugged. "I dunno, it sounds like you know a lot more about the region than I do."

It wasn't long before they arrived at the docks. "So, Palmer," Dack frowned. "You said you and Cresselia would try and wake up the people in Sinnoh. Why not start with Snowpoint?"

OOC: By the way, that particular Genesect is the Shadow Genesect that was captured by Ecketzal's character, so it isn't actually in Unova anymore.

IC Vincent"... So are we ready to go?" I asked the Unova group. "I'm fine with leaving now," Karen replied. "The sooner the better." "So the plan is to sail to a non-Kanto region, like Orre or Almia, than travel to Unova from there? Would that work?""You say it flew off to the west of Undella beach?" I asked in response to Dack's statement about the Genesect.OOC Dralcax, are you fine with me controlling Karen or do you want to control her?

Edited by Constructman

OOC: I'm back finally, what's th 411

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC:*facepalm* the news. What happened while I was gone?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC - Seth:

Seth rose to his feet. "Once we have the word out, and all volunteers gathered, we can brief them, and immediately set out for our respective tasks," Seth explained. "Plus, from what I have learned, we also have two secret weapons on our side. So, we have extra firepower which should give us a chance against the Darkrai."

~Det

OOC: You can control her. I might control her a little every now and then in order to move things along faster, but for now, you can have her.

IC Kaito

"It should work... Let's see where Genesect could have gone." Kaito pulled out his laptop and brought up a map of Unova. "Undella is on the eastern side of Unova, so Genesect could be pretty much anywhere in Unova. If we narrow it down to places it would likely be..." Kaito frowned. "If Genesect headed towards the P2 laboratory, it would be going south, not west. Perhaps... Genesect is a Steel-type, so Chargestone Cave is a possibility. Or Genesect could be following its instinct and heading for a forest." Kaito closed the lid. "Well, for all we know, the thing could be anywhere, but we have some strong possibilities."

aouROFb.png

IC Vincent"... so if we go after Genesect, we could end up getting lost in the middle of nowhere. Who knows where the thing could be right now? When did you hear of this?" I asked Dack, who was the one who had brought it up. "If the news is say, less than a week old, then we might have a better chance of finding it. If it's older, it could have changed direction and could be anywhere by now."

IC: Zac B"Genesect huh..." Zac said, "Vincent has a point, how old was this event? Recent or a while ago?"

OOC: Welcome back, Zacax. To elaborate on the update, we're not in Snowpoint, but at the docks of the Fight Area in the Battle Zone. We found Palmer and his Cresselia in an underground safe room beneath the Battle Tower, but Cresselia refused to help Dack because of his selfish attitude. So now Vincent, Kaito, and Karen are going to Unova to look for Cobalion and/or Genesect, while Dack is staying behind with Palmer, who still plans to try and awaken the people of Sinnoh (they just won't be following Dack's plan, again because of his attitude).

"Well, if a week is too old, I don't think you'll have much luck finding that Genesect, then," Dack frowned. "I saw it back in late November -- about a month ago."

Edited by Konuju

IC Kaito"Well," Kaito observed, typing furiously, "It's probably still in Unova somewhere, we would have heard already if it was charging around the world at supersonic speeds. Somehow, I doubt Genesect would follow the speed limit if it was traveling from Unova all the way to this continent."

aouROFb.png

IC: Zac"Well, I'm gonna stay here with Dack to help out on saving Sinnoh, you guys can go find Genesect," Zac said

"Sounds good to me," Dack said. He turned back to Palmer. "So should we start in Snowpoint?"

"No," the Frontier Brain said, turning away from the docks.

"Why not?!" Dack asked angrily. "It's as good a place as any! What does your Cresselia have against me?"

"I appreciate you trying to look out for your friends in Snowpoint, but the problem is, that's all you care about," Palmer shook his head.

"So what if I'm giving my hometown a higher priority?" Dack retorted. "I still don't see how trying to save my friends counts as 'selfish'!"

"You're missing the point," Palmer said calmly. "Suppose we were to head to Snowpoint right now and wake everyone up in the city. What would you do next?"

"Isn't it obvious? We'd go off to save some other town," Dack said with a shrug.

"That's no plan," the Tower Tycoon sighed. "Don't you see? You can't see anything beyond saving your friends. You wouldn't give a Hoothoot what we did next, just as long as your friends were safe. There are thousands of people suffering in eternal nightmares right now, and all you care about is that you're awake, and that your friends will get woken up! You could care less about the rest of Sinnoh and Hoenn, still trapped in that nightmare. That's because you, Mr. Majors, don't care about anyone but yourself!" Palmer's voice had escalated to a shout, and he took a moment to catch his breath.

Dack stared at the Ultra Ball on Palmer's belt uncomfortably, wondering just how much the Cresselia had probed his mind. "Alright, then," he said after a long while. "What would you have us do, if rescuing Snowpoint isn't an option?"

"There's plenty of people here in the Fight Area, Resort Area, and Survival Area that deserve to be awakened just as much as the people of Snowpoint," Palmer said. "Of course, with the power of the Ancients, there's no telling how much power Cresselia would have to use to wake them up. It's worth a shot, but if the task of overcoming the Ancients' nightmares is too much, we should focus our efforts on that." He pointed off to the south, towards the Sinnoh mainland, where off in the distance a dark tower rose up in the sky, blending in with the black clouds, looking almost like some dark tornado. "It's called a Void Tower," Palmer explained. "Cresselia has sensed massive amounts of energy coming from it. If that's not where the energy from the nightmares are being harnessed, it's at least being used as a stronghold. Either way, taking it down would surely weaken the Darkrai."

OOC: Detranix or Alku, do you have a specific location for the Void Towers?

IC: Zac and Shadows"Sounds like a plan Mr. Palmer sir," Zac said,"Indeed it does," Shadows said revealing himself,

Palmer jumped back when he saw Shadows pop out of nowhere, and his hand reached for Cresselia's Ultra Ball.

"It's okay, he's with us," Dack said, eyeing the Darkrai suspiciously. "At least, I think he is."

IC: Zac and Shadows"Shadows is one of my best friends, he has helped me out in many situations," Zac said jumping in front of Shadows,"If you accuse me of being with those Darkrai clearly you are mistaken," Shadows said

"Well, a Darkrai on our side, I never would have guessed!" Palmer said with a hearty laugh. "In that case, we might as well head over to the Pokemon Center and see if Cresselia here has what it takes to wake up the people there." He turned back once more towards the docks. "You guys got it from here?"

Vincent, Kaito, and Karen nodded as they prepared to board their boat.

"Alright, then, good luck!" the Frontier Brain called. As he walked towards the nearby Pokemon Center, he muttered to himself, "You'll need it as much as we will."

IC: Zac BZac saluted to the others and said good luck as well to them. He followed the frontier brain to the Pokemon Center with Shadows behind him.

OOC: Konuju: Thoughts noted.

IC - Goldhawk/Co. - Conference Room: "All right," Goldhawk said, rising as well. "I'll let the other leaders know and have Bounty and Maxie send you a notification when they've readied their forces." He nodded at Seth, Evan, and Kinali. "Good luck."

He turned, exiting with Lorn. Vert stayed behind, rubbing her chin in thought. With a slight smile, she turned to the Sinnoh Heroes. "I've got something you might be able to use, as well," she said. "I've been looking for an opportunity to field test a set of equipment that, essentially, allows a human to utilize Pokémon-based energy attacks. Three sets in total. Give the word if you would like to bring them along." With a short bow, she followed Goldhawk.

OOC: Apologies if this seems a little... unenthusiastic. I've hit a mental block at the moment.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png