Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: The Seatons

Aspen's mind raced to come up with something, but found himself unable to do anything. Torrent, realizing that his Trainer would not issue any commands, attempted to Aqua Jet past the SolarBeam. The delay between waiting for a command and that action caused the Buizel to still be hit by the SolarBeam, sending him flying away. Landing on his face, Torrent was unmoving. ".....Okay, I guess I'll-" Aspen began, before Torrent suddenly raised his head and fired off a charged Ice Beam, taking advantage of the element of surprise as much as he could. 

Aria sighed and rolled her eyes at the fight below. "What, those two? Pah. The challenger's Lucario is reckless and the other as blind as a Zubat." Aria scoffed, watching both battles concurrently. "A shame I must bear witness to that pathetic display."

"Hey, that wasn't terrible!" Olivia called out. "Why was it so hard for you to start fighting like that? And you better keep doing that too!" she huffed, never seeming fully impressed by any of Zach's actions.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

-==IC: Hugh==-

Hugh raised an eyebrow, but there seemed to just be no coordination between the Pokemon and Trainer. The element of surprise, however, worked; and the Flygon was hit a third time. However, the Flygon spiraled down, using its momentum as it approached the Buizel; calling down a swarm of Draco Meteors as it did so. Between that and the Double Edge, it was planning to finish what it started; however, all of the moves were dialed back enough that it would not damage the Buizel too much.

-==IC: N==-

N nodded, but seemed amused at the female Lucario's reaction, as he seemed to have no response otherwise.

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach frowned slightly, as he wondered if Olivia actually had wanted to be there, or if he was even deserving of being here at this match or if-

"Get your head out of the clouds, kid!" Marshall barked with a scowl on his face, as Zach looked up in surprise.

"I don't care about your past or your future. But if you fight me, you give it 100% focus, got it?" Marshall said harshly, as Zach paused for a moment, but then frowned, and nodded. The opposing Lucario dashed forward with Extremespeed, and then attempted to launch off a close range Aura Sphere; however, Luke dashed out of the way, and began to fire off Aura Spheres rapidly at the Lucario in response. The opponent was surprised, but frowned, as he jumped over them, and then dodged his way toward Luke, who seemed shocked, as the Lucario got up close and personal, and unleashed a Close Combat on Luke. Luke was flung back, and hit the ground hard, as he flipped over multiple times, and skidded to a stop. Zach looked surprised, but frowned, and Luke slowly stood up, as he looked at the opponent, and then focused. Luke charged up an Aura Sphere in each hand, and then fired them both at the opponent. The opposing Lucario winced as both slammed into him, and then had a look of surprise on his face, as Luke appeared in front of him, and then unleashed a large aura blast as a Final Gambit. When the dust finally cleared, both Luke and the opposing Lucario were fainted. Zach recalled the fainted Lucario with a frown, as this didn't seem to be going well; he hadn't expected to have to resort to that sort of move... And now it was an already damaged Blade versus...

"Oh no." Zach mumbled, as Marshall sent out his last Pokemon... A Conkeldurr.

IC - Sonja Baron - The Alamo, Liberty Ball:

All of the dread that Sonja had felt in the past twenty-four hours had coalesced, their individuality paling in comparison to the behemoth wave that now washed over her. Conflicting messages rapid-fired in her brain--on the one hand telling her to run away as fast as she possibly could, on the other utterly freezing her in place and removing her ability to do the former.

"U-um . . ." she said--or rather, attempted to say. Even such a simple utterance managed to catch on her tongue. After several such moments of failing to form any coherent words, she finally, and just as nervously, managed to start talking--though, between the volume of the music and the fact that the words came out essentially as squeaks of air,  she would have been amazed if Ryan had actually heard her. "Um . . . L-Look, Ryan, I--"

And then Zoe arrived.

Though Sonja had no clue as to who or what or why this Zoe was, she did know one thing: This random young girl and her sister Collie were saints. And that was good.

"Um . . . Y-You know what, Ryan?" Sonja said. "I-It's okay--I'm actually pretty tired, so uh . . ." She stepped back, gently letting go of Ryan's shoulder and easing out of his grip. "Um . . . Y-Yeah, I'm just . . . going to . . ." Voice trailing off on what sounded like "sorry", she vaguely pointed over her shoulder, before turning and vanishing into the crowd.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Ryan
"Wait, Sonja..." Ryan started forward. But the Unovan girl had already vanished. Ryan frowned. D-did I just totally screw this up? he wondered. But no... Sonja had said sorry as she left... or at least that's what it sounded like. Maybe she just needed time to herself to think. At least, that's what Ryan hoped it was.

With a sigh, he turned to look down at Zoe. The girl was looking up at him with pleading eyes. "She really wants to dance..."

"Fine," Ryan shrugged. "It looks like I don't have much of a choice here." He took one final glance over his shoulder in the direction Sonja had disappeared to, then walked over to the snack bar, doing his best not to seem overly disappointed.

Zoe's sister had an extremely anxious look in her eyes, as if she wanted to be anywhere but here. Ryan noticed a puddle of punch on the floor and cautiously stepped around it as he approached the girl.

"Hi." Ryan gave a warm smile, as he suddenly realized that he couldn't remember the girl's name. "Um... Collie, right?"

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC (James):

Upon being dismissed James got up, gave a polite "Thank you, sir," bowed, and left the room so that the three Leaders could continue discussing his fate.

The walk back to his office was slow but deliberate. As people passed him, they gave no indication of disgust, anger, fear or any of the other reactions he would have expected had the information been released as to what he had done. James was thankful for that, he supposed, though he did not know how long that would last. He also did not know how long he would be allowed to keep the office, so he planned on using it one last time, in case he was soon removed of it.

When he got back to his room, he sat at his desk and pondered. Normally, he would have been off to do the next task he needed to have done. But right now, he felt both powerless and lost to really do anything.

Maybe when Celebi gets back, I can get her to go back in time and undo that whole day, James thought though not really meaning it.

And how would that help you? a voice cried out into his head.

James was used to hearing telepathic messages, but he admittedly did not expect the owner of the voice to speak now.

You wouldn't have grown, and you would have still been on the same destructive path you were on.

"Celebi, it seems you have returned to see me at a bad... time" he paused for a moment as he looked at the Celebi.

Sup? the legendary asked as she took a sip from a coconut cup and threw off an Alolan shirt.

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette looked up, as she looked at Ryan in half annoyance and half confusion.

Sheesh, why does he like that name so much...? Everyone else always hates it, and that's a way I'd like it staying if it's just gonna be crazy people who call me it... Colette thought, but didn't actually say that.

"... It's Colette." The aura wielder said, as she wondered how Zoe even thought that this was a good idea.

"...oh. Right. Sorry about that," Ryan said, scratching the back of his head. "Well then, Colette. Your sister said you wanted to dance with me?" 

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Colette blinked, and frowned as she inwardly sighed.

Of course she did. Colette thought, and tentatively paused.

"She... did, huh?" Colette said, not looking too amused, as she looked over Ryan's shoulder at her younger sister, to triple confirm that's what happened. In response, Zoe simply gave a thumbs up with a reassuring smile. Colette sighed, as she subtly shook her head.

"Yep, she did..." Colette mumbled, unsure of what to do. On one hand, this would hopefully stop those people who kept asking her to dance. On the other hand, she wasn't really in the mood for dancing, especially with this guy.

Ryan frowned at Colette's less-than-enthusiastic response. "...You do want to dance, right?" he asked, slightly irritated at being torn away from Sonja for no reason at all. "Because if not, I'm just going to try and find where my date went." He started to turn around, hoping he'd be able to locate Sonja in the sea of people.

IC: The Seatons

Aspen saw the Flygon's last stand, and knew then and there that Torrent wouldn't be able to pull through. "Aqua Jet!" he called out, in a desperate attempt to avoid the attack. Torrent, on the other hand, knew that trying to dodge the attack would be futile, and so launched directly upwards towards the Flygon, determined to go out fighting. Once he collided with the Flygon, Torrent fainted from the combined power of the Draco Meteor and Double-Edge, falling to the ground once again. Aspen could tell this was not another attempt at getting the upper hand, and so recalled Torrent. "Good job." he said to his fainted Pokemon, looking to see what was happening on Hugh's end. 

Aria smiled once the two Lucarios fainted. "Oh finally, now I'm the only one of my species currently active." Aria said with a grin. "Wasn't looking forward to sharing breathing space with two of my own...." Aria muttered, eyes quickly darting back and forth between the Elite Four and side battles. "...My current trainer has the basics down, but his Pokemon are better at analyzing the situation and strategizing. Hmm, now that won't do at all." she noted. "As for the challenger on the other end, he is.... Quite frankly, radiating fear at the sight of that Pokemon. Hmph, I was expecting more spine out of the boy." she said, smirking amusedly.

".....Zach? You okay?" Olivia called out, confused at Zach appearing to freeze up. "....What are you doing? Get on with the battle already! You can't stop now you know!"

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Colette frowned at both the situation, and Ryan's reaction to everything.

"No, wait." Colette said suddenly, as she stood up, a determined look on her face, as this was her best ticket to not getting asked about tons of things every two seconds.

"Yes, let's dance." Colette said suddenly, but then paused, as she remembered one big thing.

"... You... don't mind the fact that this is my first true dance, right...?" Colette asked warily, as she was uncertain of that.

OOC: Song 4 of Official Dance Playlist

Ryan paused in mid-step as Colette stood up. I guess I really do have no choice then, he thought. Putting on a friendly smile, he took Colette's hand as slow, melodic song started. "Not a problem," he said. "Just follow my lead." With that, he led Colette out onto the dance floor. This was not how I imagined this night to go at all, he thought with a mental sigh.

Colette followed, as she awkwardly stepped forward, though she paused at the song.

"This is a nice song..." Colette mumbled, as she thought for a moment, and awkwardly took Ryan's hand, and then hesitated, as she figured her other hand had to go somewhere... Colette, still being unsure, placed her hand tentatively on the other Liberty member's shoulder, hoping that was at least somewhat right.

-==IC: N==-

"Hmm." N said, as Zach's reaction was indeed intriguing.

"I wonder if he's had a not so friendly meeting with one before?"

-==IC: Hugh==-

Hugh raised an eyebrow.

They're definitely not in sync... I can use this to my advantage. Hugh thought, as he recalled the also-fainted Flygon, who had gone down due to recoil, and then sent out his Unfezant to battle next.

-==IC: Zach==-

Marshall raised an eyebrow, as Zach didn't send out his next Pokemon for a good few seconds. Marshall was about to respond, when Olivia yelled out, and Marshall looked up at the stands, as Zach did so too, with a shocked look on his face.

"Well? Gonna ignore your girlfriend?" Marshall asked quietly, and Zach paused, and then didn't really seem any more happier, as he mumbled something, but then sighed.

"I'll repeat what I said. I don't care about anything but this fight, and I don't want to win by default. So sent out your Gallade, and let's get on with this." Marshall said with a scowl, and Zach winced slightly, but nodded, as he sent out Blade again, who frowned at the Conkeldurr.

"This isn't that Wrath guy. We can succeed." Blade reminded Zach; but the trainer didn't seem as optimistic.

"Psycho Cut!" Zach called out, as the Conkeldurr hefted one of the cement blocks onto its shoulder. The Gallade quickly dashed forward and sliced out multiple times with his elbow blades, the psychic energy glowing through them, as he narrowly dodged some of the likely deadly attacks the Conkeldurr was throwing around, as Zach frowned slightly. However, Zach paused, and then nodded, as he focused.

"Duck, then Magical Leaf!" Zach called out, as the Gallade agreed and acted on that attack, the energy based leaves trying to disarm the Conkeldurr, as they focused on its hands. Meanwhile, Blade spun around, and sliced upwards with Psycho Cut, knocking the Conkeldurr back, as the Gallade continued to move forward, pushing the Conkeldurr back...

"Bulk Up, Hammer Arm." Marshall said with a bored look on his face, as the Conkeldurr summoned up energy as it was getting pushed back, and then punched out with its fist, sending the Gallade flying all the way across the field, and even knocking Blade through the nearby wall. Zach turned around in horror, as the Gallade slowly stood back up, with numerous injuries around his body. Blade teleported back to the field, and didn't let up on its attacks, as it was more careful this time about not being hit. Zach was amazed at the Gallade's sheer will, and then nodded, as he took a deep breath, and then gripped the air.

"Go!" Zach encouraged Blade, as the Gallade dashed forward and swiftly dealt numerous blows to the Conkeldurr. Surprised by the Gallade's speed, all the Conkeldurr could actually do against the numerous Close Combat slashes were to block... And it couldn't even do that against the ending kick the Gallade give. The Conkeldurr struggled to get up, even as Blade dashed forward. The Gallade prepared a volley of Magical Leaves, and the Conkeldurr got to its feet quickly, and raised its arms to guard against the attack... However, the Gallade dissipated that energy and vanished. By the time the Conkeldurr realized what happened and could react, the Gallade was already behind it, and slashed out with Psycho Cut. That final Super Effective attack was all that was needed at that point, and the Conkeldurr finally went down. Blade and Zach both knelt to the ground with a sigh; as Zach had worked himself up with stress from the battle, and he needed to steady himself to keep from shaking.

"Well done... But you need to have more faith in your team." Marshall commented, as Zach nodded, and recalled Blade. However, as he stood up, a woman with a confident look on her face approached.

"Zach Hikari... Your final challenge is me." The woman said, as Zach noticed that her hairstyle was rather odd... And her pink clothes contrasted heavily against her dark blue hair...

"Yeah, it is a pretty nice song," Ryan agreed. He gently led Colette toward the middle of the dance floor. "For someone who's never properly danced before, you're doing great," he smiled assuringly.

Colette looked at Ryan in subtle surprise, as she wasn't expecting that.

"Really?" Colette asked, as she forgot the fact that she thought he was mean for a few seconds.

Though... Why IS he being so nice...? He obviously would rather be elsewhere, after all... Colette wondered, but didn't say anything to that effect, as she wondered what he was even thinking. But, at least it wasn't a bunch of suitors...

"Really," Ryan smiled. "You're a natural." He decided not to mention that Colette really didn't have to do anything other than follow his lead and go with the flow. They danced for a bit before Ryan said, "This is your first day at the Alamo, right?" Colette nodded. "So what brings you here?"

"Uhh..." Colette paused in talking for a moment. She quickly thought about how much she wanted to explain, and then settled on something that was both true, but not everything at the same time.

"W-well, I've been training for this for a long while, so..." Colette said, unsure of how much more she should tell him, or even for how long exactly her training was...

Ryan raised an eyebrow, sensing Colette's hesitation. "Training? Like to become a Liberty Agent? Has your sister been training too?"

"Y-yeah, I guess you could say that." Colette said, slightly nervously, as she paused.

"I've been training for longer, though..." Colette said, still unsure if actually saying that she had been training for 12 years would give away the fact that it wasn't just standard training or not...

"Wow, I never had to go through training to become an official agent," Ryan said. "Of course, defending the Alamo from invading Rockets and finding myself up against Joker herself might have convinced them to waive the required training." He chuckled. "I guess I lucked out, then. How long were you training for?"

"W-well, I'm not an official agent yet, I only just got here today..." Colette mumbled, and stayed quiet for a few moments as they continued to dance, as she tried to struggle with herself on how to reply.

"... U-uh... Twelve years..." Colette said quietly, as she finally decided that she had no way out, other than to actually answer that question fully, and wasn't sure how to hide the length of time, without killing the conversation.

Ryan almost stumbled, but managed to catch himself. "Twelve years?!" he cried. "Dang, I've only been here for a little over one year." He looked at Colette in surprise, suddenly realizing that this girl had more training than he did. "How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

The reaction caught Colette off guard, as she hadn't expected him to react the way he did, and then he asked about her age. Oh boy.

"U-uh-um, well..." Colette nervously said, as she danced for a bit to cover up the fact that she wasn't certain where he was going with that question.

"... Well, I just turned sixteen four days ago..." Colette mumbled, unsure how to really react at that moment.

Ryan quickly counted in his head. "So you've been training since you were four?" he asked, trying to wrap his head around that. "I didn't know they recruited people that young! So you've been training for practically your whole life!"

Colette nodded slightly, as she looked around, not totally certain if she'd given anything away or not, but it was too late to back off this subject now.

"Y-yeah.... I guess my parents joining up somewhere in those four years helped a lot, huh...?" Colette asked nervously, as she wasn't entirely certain if that gave an alternate explanation or not.

"Your parents are Liberty Agents?" Ryan asked. "I guess that makes sense, then." He made a mental note to ask Kyle when he had started his training to become an agent. "So your sister, Zoe. Is she doing the same training you were?"

IC: Zoe

Zoe was as giddy as a schoolgirl as she sat down next to Claus and pulled out a camera. "Mom's going to be so happy to know that Collie's already making new friends," she grinned as she snapped a picture of Ryan and Colette dancing. "And it looks like we were right -- no one else is approaching Collie now that she's dancing with What's-His-Name."

"O-Oh, uh, not quite, she, uh, has different training. Like, well, I was..." Colette paused, as she wondered if she should mention if she was from Kalos or not, but it was a bit too late for that now.

"I'm, well, from Kalos I guess..." Colette mumbled again, unsure exactly how to truly phrase that, and wondered if she even should have brought that point up.

"Kalos, huh?" Ryan raised an eyebrow. "Didn't know we had Liberty outposts all the way out there. Huh. So what's Kalos like? I've never been there."

Colette was thankful for the change of subject, as she relaxed a bit more.

"Well... It's not too bad, really..." Colette said, as she paused for a moment, and then wondered if that would even work as an answer or not, since it wasn't exactly something that was really explanatory.

"Not too bad?" Ryan repeated. He frowned. Was this girl being intentionally vague in her answers, or was she just shy? He couldn't really tell. "So do you like it over there, or do you prefer Four Island?"

"Well, here's nice, but I've only seen a bit of it..." Colette said, and paused.

"I like it in Kalos; I mean, it's got everything you could really want... Lots of mountains, even more beaches, and it even has a desert if that's really your thing." Colette said with a shrug, as she wasn't really certain what else was there that was very nice, though she paused.

"There is a very nice secret place, there, though..." Colette said, and wondered if she should've even hinted at that, since it was a bit of a sanctuary for Pokemon.

"That's pretty awesome," Ryan smiled. "Sounds like a neat place. Wish I could go there sometime." The two of them danced in silence for a while, before Ryan spoke again. "So, your hair. What was up with those, um... dog ears you had earlier?" he asked, not sure how else to describe her very unique choice of hairstyle.

Colette's expression changed to wariness for a brief second, though she still seemed to be on guard.

"Why do you ask...?" Colette asked, suspicious about that, especially after the talk with her mother earlier.

"It's a style I wear... My, uh, teacher like to wear that style, and showed me how to do it..." Colette said, which wasn't necessarily untrue... Just not exactly the whole story.

"Oh, I was just curious," Ryan shrugged. "It's a very unique hairstyle. I've gotta say, I almost didn't recognize you. You look so... different without that hairstyle. But that's cool that you got your hairstyle from your teacher. Must be a pretty awesome teacher."

OOC: Song 5 of the Official Dance Playlist.

Colette relaxed again, as she heard the song change in the background.

"Ah..." Colette said with a nod, and then nodded again when Ryan mentioned about her teacher.

"Yeah... She's a very nice teacher." Colette agreed, but wasn't sure if she should just leave it at that, or not.

OOC: /edit: There, you happy Kon? =P

Edited by Colette Llyan

OOC /edit: Yes, I'm happy, Blade =P

As the new song, another waltz, started, Ryan picked up the pace of their dance, spinning on his heel and spinning Colette around. "A nice teacher in a nice region, huh?" he smiled. "Sounds like you really enjoyed your training, then. Which I guess is a good thing, if you've been training for almost your entire life."

Edited by Konuju

Oh no, more spinning. Colette thought, as the dance floor turned into a blur for a moment. Colette blinked, as she stopped spinning and got her bearings again.

"Y-yeah, it was pretty cool. Didn't really get to see my sister often, though..." Colette mumbled, as she tried to keep herself focused on something that wasn't spinning.

Ryan smiled as they swayed at their faster pace. "You must be really close to your sister, huh?"

Colette nearly stumbled a time or two as they continued to dance, but tried to keep herself on her feet, as she nodded in response with the hint of a small smile, but then paused, as the stumbling was getting slightly more common.

"... Did I mention this is my first day in heels...?" Colette asked, as she didn't want to really stumble too much and cause a problem.

Ryan chuckled. "First time at the Alamo, first formal dance, and first time in heels? Today is.a day of firsts for you, huh?" He gently drew Colette closer to himself so she wouldn't stumble too far. "Don't worry," he assured her. "I won't let you fall."